Speaker 1: To start off the Minnesota Goodbye with an email from somebody who they wrote before because they have I Love Dave Ryan license plates. Do you remember that? Oh yeah, which is the most flattering thing that anybody has ever done for me, because it was like that you could get anything you want to and she got I Love Dave Ryan license plates. So we're gonna move her email to the front of the stack here, and she says, I forgot to ask if I can have a staff writer sticker, since you know I was on the Minnesota Goodbye and I got to be on the radio. And absolutely, I will take a picture of this and I will send it to staff writer Brie. She was also the one you, guys, I don't know if you remember that made the Cribbage's Lit T shirt. Do you remember is Lit?
Speaker 2: That's the person who has I Love Dave Bryan on there. Yeah, Okay, I was confused if you're talking about Brie or this? Okay, yeah, yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 1: So thank you, guys, very I love you for that one. Anyway. She says, love you all so much. I know you guys get a ton of this. Although I love it. Miss fallon the New Crew is actually my favorite in the history of the Dave Ryan Show. Very sweet and I've listened since you started, way back when milk was only a nickel. That's funny. Now think about that because people loved Fallon and she says, this new crew is actually the favorite in the history of the Dave Ryan Show. Wow, let that sink in. Let that sink in. That's a big statement. Yeah, don't take that lightly. That's that you don't just say that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She goes on to break it down, name by name. Dave, You'll always be one of my favorite people in the whole world. And even though I don't know you personally, I feel like I do. We are besties. I think that the thing is that you heard us talk so much about everything from Alison to Carson, to Susan to Josie to the banging the nerf ball that you know we Yeah, I share things with you that I would only share my friends. Do you hear the latest thing that I banged?
Speaker 3: What does the latest thing that you banged?
Speaker 1: Dave? Nothing are nothing for you?
Speaker 4: Laugh or.
Speaker 2: Go on?
Speaker 3: How many years laughing?
Speaker 1: It's been so long.
Speaker 3: It's just awful.
Speaker 2: But don't you get to a point where you're just tired and you're kind of like, nah, I don't really care.
Speaker 3: Anyways, not all the time. I mean, I guess maybe there are.
Speaker 1: Times I'll be honest with you. Once in a while, when we get into bed at night, I would just be like, I'm gonna I'm gonna just just go to town. I'm going to like, right now, let's get into bed. Let's right now. And now we don't even sleep in the same room, but I will walk by her bed on my way to my bed. Once in a while, I come out of the bathroom and go in whatever, and I'll be like, should I just jump in there and get some of that? Yeah, this sounds exhausting. No, it always sounds exhausting.
Speaker 3: So you're part of the problem.
Speaker 1: No question. Yeah, yeah, no question. But she also does nothing to encourage it.
Speaker 2: So I feel like, as you get a little bit older, nighttime sucks is the worst kind of sucks because you're just tired and you want to go to bed trying to fuck around. Literally like it's kind of like, nah, I'm good sleeping. Yeah, Like I think I've I've come into life now of more of a morning sex person.
Speaker 3: Obviously not before the morning.
Speaker 2: Show that'd be wild, but like weekends, it's like that's more the time that works for us now.
Speaker 1: Back in my day, when I was in my twenties, that was my favorite time too. You wake up on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday morning and you'd kind of like tussle tussle there. You'd tussle a little bit and it was always kind of fun, and you'd stop and talk for a little bit and you'd be like, Okay, well, what do you want to do today, Let's.
Speaker 3: Go get a coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back then people didn't go get a coffee.
Speaker 3: That's true. That was really start Box wasn't around quite. Yeah, going to.
Speaker 1: Get a coffee was not a thing back when I was in my in my twenties.
Speaker 3: What about favorite cinemon roll?
Speaker 4: Could you go and get?
Speaker 3: I guess say, let's go get cinnamon roll?
Speaker 1: No, you know where you went. You went to McDonald's. It's like, go to McDonald's, let's go get an egg McMuffin. Huh, Yeah, you didn't go get a cinnamon roll, not that I remember. Anyway, She goes on with Jenny. You are beautiful and not like Jenny pretty but even prettier, like legitimately gorgeous inside and out.
Speaker 3: That's very sweet, thank you.
Speaker 1: I yeah, Bailey. Although Dave hates the random singing, I fucking love it. And all your different accents are on point. Thank you. Let's do that's my Viking accent.
Speaker 4: That's my Cockney accent. One day I'm going to get put in a play Mary Poppins. Oh, I'm a one man band.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Newspapers for sale, Oh, come and get your newspapers.
Speaker 1: Did you know that in Mary Poppins they Dick Van Dyke's accent, which we totally believe when we were a kid. Yeah, and I don't know a Cockney accent. I guess it was so bad that people are like that is the worst accent in film history. Yes, I knew that.
Speaker 4: I know that, and I like to be in that same boat. Uh.
Speaker 1: They going to say you are a person I most definitely wish I was friends with Vaughan's not here, but I will read this anyway. You make me laugh every single day without fa I wish you were on more, but I do appreciate that you seem to be on more than others in your position have been on the past. When you do chime in, it's so unexpected and witty. You're a riot. I can't get enough of you. I would like Vont to be on more, but it, honestly, it's kind of hard to fit four people on the show. He really is a little bit and a lot of time Vont is busy in the other room.
Speaker 3: That's kind of like.
Speaker 2: Our customer service person for the morning show, so like he's answering phone calls or doing like a lot of things behind the scene that he's just like not able to always be on the mic. But we do get him on as often as we can.
Speaker 1: Honestly, yeah, we do, and we would love to get him on more, but a lot of the time it just doesn't always work out. So but noted and Desiree, thank you so much. I love the love, the email and the positivity. Thank you, Morning show. I'm catching up on the Minnesota Goodbye. I'm sorry to make sure what's the date on this one? Okay, written yesterday. I'm waiting in the lobby of the local car dealership, waiting for my cars oil change to be on Bailey. A while ago, you mentioned JK Rowling in the Harry Potter series. I just finished a podcast about this and I thought i'd share. It's called the Which Trials of JK. Rowling. I've never read any of the books, and I've only seen about half the movies. I heard of a recommendation on another podcast I listened to, and I thought it was very well done. Now, as I've never been the receiver or giver of extra care of this extra Okay, let me start over. I've never been the giver or receiver of this extracurricular activity. When you talk about darting and licking, do you dart your tongue fully inside the butthole or more playfully just darted around the rim?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely goes inside the butthole. Because the licking is around the outside, then the dart goes inside the butthole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dave is the only one who can answer that. He's the dart liquor on No. I read it, I read it byers, read it in church. I heard it we heard in church. Oh, I heard.
Speaker 3: Phrases that come from is that Bible.
Speaker 4: Books? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Which Bible phrases that I see? I always called it sixty n s. But you just followed the Book of Dick. Okay, I did sixty nine?
Speaker 1: Are you going to call that the podcast is going to be called Dick sixty nine. Potentially get a colon like Dick sixty.
Speaker 4: Nine sixty nine, but then it would have to be like verse one through five or something.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Okay, cad Randomly, she said, I think Kiwi's are underrated fruit and they don't get enough love. I love how random that is. I mean, I agree, I think kiwis are difficult to eat. They're not the easiest going to peel the fuzzy wrapper off, yes, and then there's a pit, right, I know.
Speaker 4: I mean you can eat the pit. It's not really a pit, it's just the inside. It's not as like delicious, but you have to, like, I mean, you don't just eat a kiwi like you would an apple.
Speaker 3: You have to like cut it.
Speaker 1: Well because it's got the fuzzy stuff on the outside.
Speaker 3: Well yeah that so once you peel it, you still have to cut it.
Speaker 4: Like you could eat it like an apple, but it's wet, so like, why would you do that? Why would you do that?
Speaker 1: Why Dave are you and Susan still in the house?
Speaker 4: Hu?
Speaker 1: I feel like we haven't heard about in a while. Love you guys have a great week. The house Hunt I come in and I tell Bailey and Jenny about it. We would like a house on a lake. We cannot find a house on a lake that every time we do. Every time we look at a house on a lake, it's either garbage that needs to be updated. It's weirdly. A lot of people that are, you know, like design a house on a lake. They are not good designers. So we found one house that we liked, but it had a bar in the living room. Now, usually you have a bar in your basement, found in the wreck rumor cave man cave or whatever. This one had a bar in the living room. Now, just imagine you're in your living room. Look over in the corner there's a full bar with a sink and a fridge. What the fuck were they thinking? I sound like Juanita. It was just out of place. It was like it'd be like having a jacuzzi in your living room. It doesn't belong there.
Speaker 2: There's no way that was the only part of the house, or other things like you can change that for sure.
Speaker 1: Or everything is too expensive, or everything that we like get snapped up right away.
Speaker 4: So you an you want on a lake, are you like only specifically looking at Lake Minnetonka or would you be open to other.
Speaker 1: Lake Minatonka is very pricey. Sure, you literally will pay probably fifty percent. Maybe it depends on the price range more just because you're on Lake Minnetonka, because it is the most desirable lake.
Speaker 3: Medicine Lake is pretty nice.
Speaker 1: Medicine Lake is fine. Here's I think what the difference is. Medicine Lake is beautiful, but there's no restaurants on Medicine Lake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so when you have Fletchers and you have Maynards and you're out with your friends and you can like, you know, like, hey, do you want to go to Fletchers And you pull up at Fletchers, Yeah, and you have your you know, waffle fries with seasoned sour cream and wings. So good you get back on your boat. So yeah. In medicine, I mean, let's face it, Lake Minnetonka is scenic, and it's full of little channels and little back bays and it's it is the and the houses on Lake Minnetonka. You can spend a day just just driving around looking the houses on Lake Minnetaka. So love you guys, have a great week. That is from Katie.
Speaker 3: Thanks Katie off here.
Speaker 1: Next one, this came in yesterday, and this is from a guy that I met a couple of times. His name is Lewis, and Lewis is not what you would expect to be a typical listener of the show. He's a black guy, probably thirty five years old. He's way too hip looking to think that I am somebody to hang out with. But we love each other. You met him because he came to the van we were getting picked up after Boo Bash.
Speaker 3: I just thought those were just random people talked to you.
Speaker 1: As Lewis and his brother and some woman that was along with him. So Lewis is like, you know, super cool and hip, but he's nerdy enough to like my show. So he he came up to me at a book signing at Barnes and Noble and he's like, man, I love you. I love when you do Rappers to Light. So we sat there in Barnes and Noble and we did Rappers to Light and then we did it outside the bar and I think he was a little bit drunk too, and we did Rappers to Light again.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, so Lewis writes, and he says best part. So he talked about the Gary Spivey costume. He says, best part about this, As long as I've watched your show, I've never looked up what Gary Spivey looked like. So when I realized the next day that you were dressed as Gary Spivey, I thought, this is why we love Dave. He's genius. Thanks you guys for all you do. That is from Lewis. I don't know if Lewis listens to the Minnesota Goodbye, but Lewis is super cool and we could hang out. We probably never will, but we could hang out.
Speaker 3: Probably.
Speaker 2: I will say it's probably your best costume we've ever done for any of our Boo bashes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was just so spot on. He looked like Gary. It just it fit you.
Speaker 3: I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 1: Thank you. You know what. I really appreciate that because it was just like, oh, that'd be fun. Address it's Gary Spivey, because nobody else is going to be Gary Spivey. Yeah. Here we go with another one. It's actually for on the radio, so we won't do that one here it's a birthday shout out. But here is somebody who let's see if there's another one catching up on old episodes. Tell me if we read this one. Okay, And I heard the person talk about the Office Ladies podcast. That's one of my favorite podcasts and it's what got me started and listening to podcasts in general, especially TV rewatch podcasts. Yes, the emailer said they wish there was a podcast rewatch for parks and rec there is.
Speaker 3: We have read that, we have read that we have all this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, A lot of people are recommending Office Ladies to me, and I should start it, But then I always feel like I should listened or watch The Office as like a companion to it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's really cool to find out, like, you know, what scene that they had to do over and over and what you know they struggled with or whatever. This one, I'm pretty sure we have not read. Hey, guys, I need to know if I'm crazy or not. I'm so nervous my husband is cheating on me, but I know he's not. I am four weeks postpartum with baby number four, and it's going so well, the best it's ever gone. Except my healing from my sea section. I feel so worthless. I can't do much around the house at all. Does my husband ever make me feel worthless?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Does he ever complain about doing anything around the house.
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Do I ever not know where he is? No, he shares his location. I have his phone pass code. And he works so much and comes home right after. He takes great care of the older kids when he's home and make sure I get a shower every night, and helps around the house more than he used to. And he works sixty hours a week. I think I'm feeling self conscious because we obviously can't have sex yet, and pair that with feeling lazy since I have to rest so much to heal. I've had two infections after the sea section. Yikes. Sex is definitely how we feel connected. Not having that is so hard for me, and he's never pushed it. He knows I need to heal. Basically, he's the best, and I'm still nervous. What's wrong with me? I don't know what I want from sending this email. Maybe just to get it off my chest.
Speaker 3: I can I chime in quick? Please?
Speaker 1: I don't have what's saying.
Speaker 2: I'm an anxious human and I've just learned a lot about how the anxious brain works in the last year because of trying to solve my own anxiety. But girl, you just got done given birth. Your hormones are all over the place and messes with your head too, And when you might not feel anxious, but anxiety does a thing where it has you jumping to crazy conclusions that you have no reason to jump to. But a huge thing after having children is that your hormones, your brain, it's kind of all over the place. And so I think you're just like a little bit more paranoid at this moment because of all these changes that have just happened in your life. So I don't think you're not crazy. We're thinking how you think at all. I just think, like, genuinely, your brain is kind of a little all over the place right now because of giving birth.
Speaker 3: Mashed cabbage is your brain. So be kind to yourself. Yeah, in a good way. Be kind to yourself. You just gave you just birthed a human.
Speaker 1: I can see the frustration though, because I think that it's like, hey, you want to bond and you want to have sex, but after a C section, that is a serious I mean, there's so common you don't realize how serious of an operation procedure. They are Susan had two and they are not like, oh well, just a little slice and take the baby out. No, it is it is a it's like you open they do and it's like a deep it is deep into the body. It's not just right there. So anyway, good luck and thank you for writing. And you know, if you run to write something just to get it off your chest, we welcome that. To send your emails to Ryan's show at KDWB dot com. Maybe there's something like I can't believe they haven't talked about this TALKO. Send us, you know, a thought, send us something to bring up because we love your ideas. And if you send something and we read it, and we would love to send you a staff writer sticker, So send that in addresses the same Ryan Show at KDIWB dot com. Thank you for listening.