Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan Ray on WBS Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Al Rob, we were able to get that number two representative Frost. Correct. Okay, Linda, you should get a call on Monday and they will try to get you in touch with your state representative. The problem is that a lot of people go to the polls and they vote for the incumbents automatically, and they don't know who they're voting for. I mean, do you know who your state representative is? Do you know who your state senator is? Most of us know who our senators are and who our congressmen are, but we don't know. It's the government that is closest to you is the one that's most important.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So what we're talking about is the shelter crisis in Massachusetts, and today Boston Globe sweeping changes the shelter policy. Mass reflects other states navigating immigration debate. And in the article in the Globe, which was really really well presented, I thought pretty fair article, Democratic leaders under fiscal and political pressure to act. Denver, which has had an influx of forty thousand migrants, closed the last of its hotel based shelters at the end of June is now limiting stays and it's remaining shelters to seventy two hours. Early in the spring, Chicago began evicting migrants after sixty days. In New York City, which has a similar right to shelter policy as Massachusetts. Now, remember New York City is part of New York State. Our right to shelter policy is across Massachusetts. A single adult in New York City can now stay in shelter for only thirty days, whereas migrants from ages eighteen to twenty three can stay for sixty. Migrant families without children can stay in New York shelters from up to sixty days, with an option to reapply without restrictions. The bottom line is, now that you have attracted all these folks to your state. And we're talking Massachusetts, we could be talking New York or Illinois or Colorado. Everyone was upset. If you recall when the governor of Texas decided to start to bust people. Remember when Governor DeSantis of Florida flew some folks up to Martha's Vineyard. Oh, Martha's Vineyard was quite welcoming for a little while, about thirty six hours and then they shipped everybody to to Cape Cod to Otis Airbase or Cape Cod Base Otis, whatever the hell they call it. Now it's an it's unsustainable, it's unsustainable. Let's keep rolling here with call six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty, six one seven, nine, three one ten thirty and six one seven, eight, eight, eight, eight, nine two nine, ten thirty. A lot of numbers there, but you can get through the easiest way right now. Six one, seven, nine three, one ten thirty. Let me go to Paul and need him. Paul, welcome back.
Speaker 4: How are you a good eating again? I wanted to ask the representative, but maybe you'll know the answer. As any legislator or anybody in Beacon Hill, filed legislation to modify or amend the current rite the shelter laws in Massachusetts. Yes, laws they changed. Modified.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, As a matter of fact, I wish I had gotten you on with Paul Frost. But the right to shelter law, there were several amendments that were filed by Republicans. They wanted to make sure that people could not just walk into the state and be eligible. You know, when this legislation was passed way back in nineteen eighty three was signed by Governor Kacas and was intended to help pregnant women, single moms who back in the day, you know, were homeless and we wanted to make sure they weren't living on the street. All of that and the law became so other books. We've had the write to shelter loss since nineteen eighty three. The crisis, the border crisis exploded in the last four years, and all of a sudden we had people coming into the state who had a status. They weren't Massachusetts residents the day before, but once they were here, they were put into shelters. And now we have a system. This cost billion dollars a year, will cost a billion dollars or more next year, and now Governor Healy is looking at it and trying to impose some limitations. So that's file. But the Democratic legislature had no interest in considering any of them. They wanted to say that veterans should be first in line, that Massachusetts residents should be first in light. None of that was approved by the legislature, so it does.
Speaker 4: My question is my question is to file legislation so we don't have to take any more of these people in and Mariana represents to Mariano has been very weakness. You think he's kind of dodging the issue from what I'm hearing.
Speaker 2: Well, when you're the Speaker of the House in Massachusetts, you basically can decide on your own what issues are discussed, which is what issues are referred to committees, what issues are voted on. It's then when they say the very you know, powerful Speaker of the House in Massachusetts, they are, They're there. It's a powerful uh, it's an absolutely powerful position. But there we're not going to go against the but Biden administration, which which opened the borders and said come one, come all for three and a half years, and now President Biden has trying to make the point that that they want to keep the boarder, that they want to close up the borders. They don't want to close up the borders. That's that's a lie.
Speaker 4: My final comment is this, I think it's great that you bring this issue up, and don't take my comment the wrong way. We've been talking about this for months. We're no further ahead tonight than we were a year ago.
Speaker 2: You're correct, You're absolutely correct, and it's frustrating to me. Paul Uh, it should be frustrating to the to the people of Massachusetts. We now have shelters that are overburdened. They don't know what to do with these folks. Many of them have been there now nine months. They're going to turn them out into the streets. They have not developed any skills. They did not bring skills here. The people who came here were were We're poor people, you know, God loved them. They needed help and and we were you know, we basically said said come on up to Massachusetts. They had signs on the border down there telling the people who are coming across the board that the place to go was Massachusetts. I mean, well, no, no, no, no, no, no, no doubt about that. No, Martha's Vineyard is a very special place. They didn't meet the migrants. All right, Paul, I'll let you run. pH Look, I'm frustrated too. I'm really frustrated. I would want the phones to be jumping off the hooks to look tonight, and I would want people to be talking about it. But what happens is the average person says, look, I don't live near a migrant shelter, or my kid is my kids are out of school. It doesn't impact them, but it does impact the quality of life in Massachusetts, and we're going to see productive people, more productive people leaving Massachusetts quietly going off to places like New Hampshire and Tennessee and Florida and South Carolina with the tax laws are a little bit better for them. It's sad. It's a sad state of affairs, to be really honest with you. I mean, I don't know how else to describe it. It was done, I'm sure, out of the goodness of their hearts. Once the President said open the borders. The Democrats here in Massachusetts, what are they going to do criticize their own president? No, they they went along with the program. And Governor Healy has done I think. Hate to say this this way, but I think she's done a pretty good job under the circumstances. I don't think when she was running for governor of Massachusetts she anticipated that someday she was going to have the right the shelter law come back.
Speaker 5: And he inherited this. He inherited this, Yes, she did inherit, and let's see what she can do with it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Paul, appreciate you call very much things talk to you soon. All right, let's keep rolling here, and I'm just gonna remind you that this is an important issue. And if you want your voice to be heard, here's the number six one seven, two ten thirty six one seven, nine thirty. If you're happy with how we're doing in Massachusetts and you think we've done a great job bringing in migrants putting them up in hotels costing three hundred dollars a room per night, I mean the hotel owners and the hotel chains that we've put people up, and they are big winners in this. They have done very very well. That cab company down on the Cape that got the six million dollar contract, they did very very well. There are winners and losers. The losers include Massachusetts taxpayers and Massachusetts residents. Now again, maybe you live in a community where there's no migrant hotel. Fine. Maybe you live in a community whether there are no kids moving into the school system unlike some of the communities, that's fine. However, However, just think about it. This is the quality it's a quality of life issue here in Massachusetts. We have made quality of life for migrants really comfortable, okay, and we have done it at the at the cost and at the price of longtime Massachusetts residence who conka shelter women. There are people living in their cars in Massachusetts, longtime Massachusetts residents. There are people living on the streets of Massachusetts. There are people living and you know, you can say, well, you know there they they've created their own problems or whatever. They are Massachusetts residents. The folks who have come here have created their own problems as well. There were people, there were veterans who are living on the streets. You care about these? Probably not, you know, but if you do, give me a call. Six one seven, two four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I think it's a really important issue. We talk about equity. Where's the equity for Massachusetts residents. Where's the equity for Massachusetts women who have called this program in are living in cars? The equity for veterans in Massachusetts? Where is their equity? Doesn't exist in Massachuset. It's these days back on Nightside. I hope you joined the conversation. I'd like to talk about this until eleven, and then at eleven we're going to do our I think it's now our fifth monthly Nightside Presidential poll.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: These are fun to do to hear what people think. And by the way, if you've called this week, or even if you call this hour, you get a hall pass a free call next hour. So don't feel that by calling this hour you are handicapping your ability to call next hour. Back on Nightside right after.
Speaker 1: This, Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Dawn on the South Shore. Don, you were next on Nightside. Thanks for checking in. How are you tonight, sir?
Speaker 3: How you doing you doing?
Speaker 7: Dan?
Speaker 2: I'm doing five Don, Thanks for asking Goad.
Speaker 3: I just had to call in kill listen. I live down on the Salary and they took the holiday inn at the industrial Park and a little hotel up the street. They filled it up. Nobody can use it. It's full of immigrants. Let me ask you a question. These people we voted in are so smart and they can take in all these people. Can they think ahead a little bit and say, hey, you guys want to stay here, come on downstairs and have a little school, teach your English, and we're gonna you know what, We're going to teach you a trade? Is there anybody got a brain up there. I mean, these people are in there.
Speaker 2: Well, no, there are some smart people up on Beacon Hill. I don't want to denigrate them all, but there's a lot of people up there who they view, you know, their their role to just get elected. And I keep talking to people. I know why you.
Speaker 3: Say it all the time. You just they go out in the when it's voting time. They go out and they shake hands and they go to the diners and all that. Yeah, I mean, won't I won't.
Speaker 2: Do it again, But it's true. It's true.
Speaker 3: People people come.
Speaker 5: Home and they see the wife and they'll saying, you know, Muriel, guess who I ran into today.
Speaker 2: You know, represented a kron for all. He's a heck of a good guy. Pat me in the way, and he asked me, how's a wife and kids? And I said, we're doing great?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean the the old holiday in down off of Bay Road is full. Okay. Now they have rooms downstairs where they could have big schools. They could teach these people. I mean, god forbid, if they got smart, got a job and paid their own way.
Speaker 2: Let's look at what Let's look at it like this. Let's assume don't did you? And I decided, uh, and we're going to take our families and we're gonna go to I don't know, you know, pick, you know, pick any country in the world. Romania can't do it. Right. We fly to Romania and we said, here we are. We need a hotel, we need three squares a day. We don't speak Romanian, but can you help us out? First of all, you know, they had a program like that, and then they said to us, well, we want you to learn Romanian. I'm gonna look at you and you're gonna look at me, say learn Romanian. How are we gonna learn?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But I mean, do you remember when, I mean, when you came into this country, you had to come in and get sponsored by a relative.
Speaker 2: And you.
Speaker 3: Know, I mean I got an eighth gird education. I went framing, I went and did the hard work. I did this, I did that. I made my way up. I'm seventy five now I'm outset. But I mean I did it. Not much of an education. Can we help these people instead of, you know, just shut the border down first of all and then take care of the way to that.
Speaker 2: I think it's too late for that. The board is wide open. It's been wide wide open. Thank you very much, kame Alan Harris. She did a great job. She's she's just did a fabulous job. I can't wait till she's president.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm so glad. I'm so glad. I'm old. I don't have to worry about it, do you when this happened?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, we're good. We're good. My kids are smart. They just partty. That's it, Mike. My kids are fifty and they got good jobs, and they spend all their money and they just go out and have a good time.
Speaker 7: Well that's what we do.
Speaker 4: Me and my wife do.
Speaker 3: The same thing. But but I mean, you're going to be fine.
Speaker 2: But if you're somebody in your twenties right now and you think, I forget.
Speaker 3: About it, I don't under Why are these people in charge of the country, the states, the cities when they can't think, Like I mean, I'm not smart. I can say, hey, why don't we teach them a trade?
Speaker 4: What are we doing?
Speaker 3: We're putting them up for a woman board three square as a day. I mean, all right, you want to do that, come on downstairs. We're going to teach you how to do something well.
Speaker 2: First, of all, what do you do if the person says, no, no, I like it here, I like my room.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what it's it's cheaper to buy them. It's cheaper to buy them a ticket and take them out, put them on a plane.
Speaker 2: They're rid of politicians. They're importing voters, is what they're Oh, I understand that. Maybe it's not voters for this election, but it's voters for next election.
Speaker 3: And they, let me tell you something. I had to go. I had to prove I've had a license for fifty years. I went in to get my license renewed, and I showed them my license and and they looked at me like, that's really not you on the picture. I go, are you kidding? So I get them I get them a birth certificate and.
Speaker 8: All that's the word.
Speaker 2: That's the problem. You know what they said, that's the mistake.
Speaker 3: You know what they said, that's a copy. They said, it's a copy. I had to go to Broxton get an original birth certificate.
Speaker 2: How about that? Yeah, Well it could have been worse. They could have said to you, you have to go get the original doctor who delivered you back in nineteen forty nine. Of course, who's not alive anymore and get it signed out. They'll make it hard for you as an American citizen because they want people like you and me to get so discouraged and disgusted. Relieve, that's what they want. That's what they know.
Speaker 7: You know what it is.
Speaker 3: You know why they do that because they can there's nothing we can do about it.
Speaker 2: Well, no, they do it because it's all part of an overall strategy, is what it is. And it's like when I went down to get my license, redude, I wanted to get that that little federal seal in my license so I could fly on airplanes. Remember October twenty twenty. If you didn't get Lily, you wouldn't be able to go into federal buildings. You couldn't fly on airplanes unless you had a passport. Of course, I got a passport. I showed up with my passport, with my birds and certificate, my real estate bill. They said, well, well we need to see I had to go back and get I think it was a gas bill or something to.
Speaker 3: Prove I maybe it's something different than what you had. You know, you had something you didn't have what they want. But the thing is is you're a lawyer. You should have been able to cite some kind of a thing.
Speaker 2: Well, it isn't quite as simple as that, because what you're doing is you're going up to a registry office or you're going into your town hall. Oh yeah, and you're trying to talk. It's like talking to a broom closet.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can't do it.
Speaker 4: And then you'll say them.
Speaker 3: If you say anything, oh, then you're you know, then you're then you're really in trouble.
Speaker 2: Don vote for me, okay, and you will be free. Keep calling the show because we got to wake up the younger generation, because it gets it doesn't matter to people of our vintage.
Speaker 3: John, you know, you can't take time off from work, and I'll go into Boston and clog up the whole thing then because they're all too busy working.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, don talked to you soon. All right. If you think we're being silly here, we're not. We're telling you the truth. We'll we'll we'll take a break. Here's the newscast. Come on back on nightside. Uh we only one line opened six one thirty. Bring it back. If you like the way things are going here, please call and let us know that because I'd like to talk to somebody who is happy with how things are going here. I'm not. I hope maybe some of you are. We'll be back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the calls. He's going to Hank in New Jersey. Hank, welcome back. How are you, Hank?
Speaker 7: I'm fine, Thank you for taking a call.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 7: You know, if you go back and watch a Bovy with Quasi botoa what on top of note your Dave and he held out site sanctuary. Sanctuary in those days, sanctuary was for one person to be protected by the church. Yes, but the Democrats twisted around that they could bring a thousand million people and make sanctuary cities, and you know what, they get kicked in the butt and it's good for them, you know. Of course, one thing Massachusetts doesn't need is more democratic voters. And as far as teaching these people how to work, it's not gonna happen. It's not gonna happen. The only way you come here.
Speaker 2: They're coming here with no skills, and we're turning them out. We've we've given them sanctuary. We're not really normally, look when they give them sanctuary. They stay there in the church as long as they can. The guy Julian Nissans, he had sanctuary over there in England for about fifteen years. We're given these people nine months sanctuary and say thanks very much. In Modesvinya they got eight they got thirty six hours of sanctuary, and then they were shipped over to scape God uh and the story over there. You know, I don't know. Look, New Jersey's in just as bad shape. You've got a US senator who just resigned because finally.
Speaker 7: Finally realized he was a crook like the rest of the Democrats. If you want, if it, watch it. I got to bring this thing up about Trump and the FBI director saying that he thinks Trump got shot with a scrap scrap metal or what they call that piece of a bullet. And that's about the dumbest thing I ever heard the intelligent person say. First of all, at that distance, he was either using an armor proof bullet or a bullet with lead, and for him to for that thing to break up or would have to hit metal. The only thing that hit was his ear or unfortunately the people that got hurt or killed. So first of all, as the media is away with it, that's just a bunch of liars, and they get away with the time and time again.
Speaker 2: Well here's the thing. I don't care, wow, I all I know is this, he was in the line of fire. Some guy took eight shots at him. Okay, uh. If one of them had been on target, or if that one that did hit his ear had been a couple of inches to the right, he'd be dead. So even with that, can you imagine if if President Kennedy had survived the assassination, if someone had said, well, you know, I mean, Oswald, wasn't that great a shot and it was just a little piece of shrapnel. I was appalled when I heard the FBI director say that yesterday. By the way, I'm not related to Christopher Ray. His last name is spelled w R A Y. And you know my feelings towards the FBI after what we did up here on the Salviati Lamoney case.
Speaker 4: Absolutely this it has.
Speaker 2: Been so polite, the size, it has been so politicized. He was so careful. Except but that was the point that and I assumed that question was asked of him by one of the Democratic members of that committee. I didn't see who asked him the question, but I would bet you a lot of money that it was a Democrat who asked him that. And it's almost as it almost looked just too planned. It just looked too planned. I had a woman the other night who called here and said, oh, it was a fake because they he didn't really get wounded, and they must have had a catchup packet, right I was.
Speaker 7: I heard that way. Well, look, so if you're that.
Speaker 2: If you're that woman, and that the FBI director who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about, and every all of his other answers were, well, it's an investigation, and we're looking at it. You saw the picture in the New York Times. It showed the contrail of the bullet. Literally you could see the picture was taken. It was a pull a surprise winning pick. Sure, the guy probably won't get a bullet serprise at this point, they'll probably get rid of that picture.
Speaker 5: It's unbelievable, Hank, It's unbelievable what's going on in this country.
Speaker 7: Thanks for taking them by, Cole. I have a good weekend, you too.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try. Thanks, Hank, appreciate it all right, let's keep rolling here. We're going to go next to him, Harriet in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, back a little closer to home. Hey, Harriet, how are you?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: A little frustrated tonight, to be honest with you, but they're you know, sometimes it's frustrated. Getting frustrated is good, That is true.
Speaker 10: Well, I don't know, maybe I've got the wrong topic, but I thought we were talking about illegals and the homeless.
Speaker 2: But just absolutely, Hank, Hank brought up a different topic. And it's one that I wanted to comment on anyway, because I was surprised that the FBI director would open up that candid worms what difference does it make whether he was wounded by a bullet or a shrapnel? Guns? Gunshots were fired at a presidential candidate, and we we've had enough of that in this country after President Kennedy, Senator Kennedy, Doctor King, President Reagan, et cetera, et cetera. Go right ahead, bring us bring us back on course. I'd appreciate it, Harry, go ahead.
Speaker 10: Well, anyway, if we we live in Twuckstury, which is right next to it, to Lowell, and they have a kind of illegals that are now house I don't know for how much longer in the conference center of UMass Lowell.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've actually stayed. I actually stayed at that conference center a few years ago when I made a presentation at the University of Lowell. And it's lovely, It's.
Speaker 3: Really it is.
Speaker 10: And anyway, it's just it's quite upsetting because there's so many homeless in Lowell that are going around and begging and living on the streets. And then you've got these people that aren't even citizens house in a place like that, and then we're paying for it. In Lowell, as you know, it's not a rich city, and to have their own residents out in the street is just disgusting.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope I remember when you vote, because if you keep voting the way, even not you personally, but if we keep voting the way we've been voting, we're going to only get more of this.
Speaker 10: That's all right, right, Well, I'm really I'm not too happy with the candidates that are running for president. On top of everything else. I don't know were the good people. We don't have the kendidates or the Reagans. I don't know the quality of the candidates or something else.
Speaker 2: Well, you do have Robert F. Kennedy Junior as a third party candidate of the presidential ballot. You don't have to vote for anybody. But I would also say vote no. I mean, that's seriously. What I'm saying is that I've chosen not to vote in the last couple of presidential elections. I don't know what I'm going to do this year. But the other thing, too, is that the elections that are important of the ballot are also the US Senate election, your congressional election, your House of Representatives, your state Senate elections, your city council elections, all of those elections. Matter of fact, the ones that are going to impact you or me are the elections that are closer to home. You know. Yeah, and you have more power. Your vote has more power at a local level than at a federal level. On a presidential election. There's about one hundred and seventy million Americans who will vote next November. You know, your vote, my vote doesn't count. Yeah, technically it counts. But it's.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 10: That's true that I didn't think of it that way, but it's true.
Speaker 2: You know, make sure you get out there and you'll learn who's running for state representative, and you get out and vote. There are so many elections where, particularly elections in non presidential years, where you'll see that the voter turnout was twenty two percent or something, and it's like, you know, I mean, come on, ye, people have died for that opportunity to vote. All Right, Harry, love you calls. Keep calling my show. Okay, please do I run to hear from you more. Thanks, Harriet, talk to you soon. Have a great weekend. Enjoy the nice weather. Okay, that's one thing we complained about, is the weather.
Speaker 8: Thanks, it is true.
Speaker 2: Good night. Let's keep rolling here. We got to take a quick break. I got Kevin coming up. I got Gary, and I got Karen. We and we'll take a little get a couple more lines. If you want one more, call at six one and then one more at six one, seven, And after eleven we're going to do a presidential poll. We have a new presidential candidate. Uh Kamala Harris. Uh kamala Harris, kamala kamala is the correct pronunciation. We got to get that right. We'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray Live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Aright, here we go go to Karen in Wisconsin and Karen, welcome back. How are you.
Speaker 9: Hi? How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing just great tonight, Karen, hope you are as well. I hope your weather in Wisconsin's as nice as it is here in New England.
Speaker 9: It is right now, and I wish I could bring this to you, and I and I will bring it to you. But after tomorrow, watch out, it'll get it stormy, you know already. Okay, Okay, here, I want to know there are people in mass too. It's all over the world, you know, but country on disability. I don't know if there's welfare anymore. I just you know, s side people, people that are disabled in.
Speaker 2: Different ways, People who legitimately need help, is what you're talking about.
Speaker 9: And so there is, There are vouchers and nurse housing for things like that. So now what I want to know is this law when all of a sudden these people start flooding everybody into Massachusetts. Are those landlords and people that are taking vouchers? And are they kicking people out of homes?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: They What is happening in Massachusetts? Karen is real simple people have come here. You get it, no, but but there's no kicking. What happens is this, the state rights a huge check to a hotel. You have a hotel somewhere where there's let's say, three hundred rooms. The state says, we will guarantee, we will pay for every one of those rooms in your hotel for the next year, whether they're used or not, and you are to house people. And not only do they get top dollar, these are multi million dollar contracts with these hotels. There's a cab company on the Cape you're from Massachusetts, from the Cape that has the six million dollar contract, a six million dollar contract to provide cab fears for migrants. Do you know how many cab fears?
Speaker 9: I can't even believe this thing exists.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm telling you it exists. We've talked about it. So what happens the state? So you know, so let me explain it so you get it, okay. Basically, the state writes a big check to some hotels. Some of them a great hotel, you know, they're not the Ritz, but some of them are pretty decent hotels. Some of them aren't great, and they're guaranteed. These are hotels that are running at twenty and twenty five percent capacity, and now it's like manna from heaven. Never they get guaranteed for two or three years, every room is booked.
Speaker 3: My god, And.
Speaker 9: You can't get that lat to go away.
Speaker 2: But we can't even get that law to be amended.
Speaker 9: That's going to affect everybody in the future. But people that are already question.
Speaker 2: All right, Karon, I hate to do this to you, but I got three other calls I got to try to get to. Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 9: I hear it out.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, thank thank you much.
Speaker 2: Let's keep rolling here. I got to be tight with this, folks, so please help me out. Kevin in Pennsylvania, Go ahead, Kevin.
Speaker 6: Hey, Dan, longtime, no talk.
Speaker 2: Well that's not my fault, Kevin. You can call us any knock, go right ahead.
Speaker 6: I know, hey. I want to offer everybody something that they could look up and just get a little chuckle. You had mentioned earlier, and I've heard you talk about the right to shelter a lot many times that it was passed under Governor.
Speaker 2: Ducaucus nineteen eighty three, correct.
Speaker 6: Mister Docaucus ran or president? When what year would it have been? He ran for president. Well, I never saw it back then, but and I don't know how I stumbled upon it a few weeks back, but there was an old Saturday Night Live skit. John Lovettz plays Governor Ducaucus. And when you were talking to Hank just a little while ago, at the end of the call, you said, it's unbelievable what's going on. I think like that too. I think it's unbelievable just overall what's going on in the country. But Saturday Night Live knew all of this was coming back then. There's a skit. All you have to do is on the YouTube. Look for du Caucus after Dark is the title of the skit, and it's du Caucus. It's the cold open for Saturday Night Live. It opened the show and Phil Hard.
Speaker 2: We'll try to find it. And I'm sure someone my listeners are googling it right now as well. So Kevin, I time next time you call. Matter of fact, I just found it. It's right there, Ducaccas after Dark. I'm gonna look at it during the newscast. It's only nine minutes.
Speaker 6: Okay, Dan, good to talk to you, buddy, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Folks.
Speaker 2: Kevin suggested ducaccas after dark Saturday Night Live. Just it's right there for the for the taking. Next up, real quick, Dan and Norwell Massachusetts. Dan, go ahead, we gotta be quick, Dan, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Oh hight Dan, this is.
Speaker 2: Oop. There goes Dan and Norwell, Massachusetts. Good. Try feel free some other time to stick with a round a little longer. Bob and Florida. Bob gonna get you in under the wire. Go right ahead, Bob.
Speaker 8: Okay, I was I listen to you about the cab drivers and everything in the cab contract. Yeah, we'll get this one. You pay the state of Massachusetts pay sixty four dollars per person per day. You multiply that by a year, and you know what your budget comes out to? Over eight billion dollars eight billion?
Speaker 2: Well, what do you what are you multiplying sixty four dollars the population of Massachusetts? Who number of people who have come?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 8: You can do the do the map? Sixty four dollars a day times three hundred and sixty five days a year times what times you know the twelve twelve months?
Speaker 2: Well no wait wait sec sixty four? What have you got? Two minutes? Robins? That what you're telling me? What's Okay, fine, so you're going to multiply sixty four dollars a day, like three hundred and sixty five days in a year. What what what are you talking?
Speaker 8: Are you multiplying by the populations?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: I can't even ask the question, So therefore you go right ahead, you got the phone, go right ahead.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you have been averaging three hundred and fifty five thousand immigrants or legal immigrants in Massachusetts, and you multiplied that by the sixty four dollars a day for each man, woman and child, times you know, times three hundred and sixty five days, to over eight billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, we've already spent two billions on Your math is probably right, but I think we're spending more than sixty four dollars a day because we're renting hotel rooms for some of these folks.
Speaker 8: Well yes, yes, I didn't include that. I didn't include that.
Speaker 2: Right, But also not all of them, not all of them who were here. They're they're getting a variety of benefits, none of which they've ever probably paid for because they haven't lived here for long. So hey, again, it's it's there's a price to bad government, and we're paying for it right now. Okay, thanks Bob. Where where are you calling from? In Florida? Have you ever called me before?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: No, I haven't.
Speaker 2: You haven't. We'll give you round of applause. Is the first time calling whereabouts in Florida? Bob? Come on, Rob, give us that applause. Let's throw rock. Stay on top of the game, A game all the way tonight, Rob, Go ahead, Bob. Where are you calling from?
Speaker 8: Thank p Charlotte?
Speaker 2: Yarlt Absolutely, I know, poor Charlotte have actually been there. Look, keep listening and call again. And yeah, I think you made sense about that. Because we've already spent two billion, we're well on the way to eight billion.
Speaker 8: Unlike the federal government, where they can print out money, the state has the balance and budget.
Speaker 2: You know, they're gonna cut other programs. That's what they're gonna do, Bob. They're gonna cut other programs. They're gonna cut programs for poor people. They're gonna cut programs for elderly people. They're gonna cut programs for senior citizens. They're gonna cut, cut, cut and cut until they cut cut an the.
Speaker 8: Gos the quality of life in our country.
Speaker 2: You got one deal, Bob. Great call Bob, Thank you very much. I'm sorry we had such a rough time communicating initially, but it'll go better in your next call. Continue to listen, continue to call. Thanks much.
Speaker 4: I do, I will.
Speaker 2: We're coming back. We've got our pole, our presidential poll. It is no longer by I Trump and Kennedy. It is now Harris Trump and Kennedy. Open up. Those phone lines were up six, one, seven, two, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine three one, ten thirty. We're coming back. We want to know, if the election we're held today, who are you voting for? Coming back