Speaker 1: It is the mina goodbye and talking like joy from love is blind.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this such a weird.
Speaker 1: I can't do Minnesota access. I'm really not good at it, even though I have one. So anyways, welcome to the Minnesotabye. Jenny and Bailey here today and we'll jump into these emails. This comes from Jenna. It says, hey, crew, I'm writing in response to Becca's email about what to say or not to say to someone who is experiencing a miscarriage or someone being sick, et cetera, which led to a discussion of what could be done more forwardly for someone experiencing the trauma of a miscarriage or even a death. I lost my dad about a month ago, and I am starting to see what could be a generational difference in how our loved ones react to this kind of trauma. In context, I'm thirty three with friends in the millennial group and also in gen Z. I get constant text for my friends and family checking in on me to see how I'm doing, and they always seem to end the conversation with I'm here if you need anything. The conversations always feel loving, and they do distract me for a few moments, but that small feeling of comfort easily fades away once I'm always here for you is said. I was absolutely the same way up until this point. I would always make it known to anyone going through a loss or difficult time that I was there for them because I knew or thought for my end that texting or calling to listen with compassion was comforting enough. Don't get me wrong, I will take those moments at any time and cherish them. I do not want to diminish any conversation I've had going through this. It took losing one of the most important people in my life to realize that words, as much as they are appreciated and nice to hear and feel for a moment's time, don't do as much as you may think. I agree that when people ask, when is a good time to come by is a very hard question to answer.
Speaker 3: If you have to think.
Speaker 1: About it, it's almost certainly going to result in the response along the lines of I'm okay, you don't need to bother. If someone told me they were on their way to see me without asking, it would force me to buck up my shit enough to be in better spirits to spirits to spend physical time with them in the present moment. How do we break the habits of having a screen between us and our loved ones to show true connection and passion. This comes from Jenna, and she does end it with ps, I can dart and look at the same time since I have a split tongue, Jenna, Ja, I wasn't expecting that at.
Speaker 3: The end there.
Speaker 1: Well, Jenna, I am so extremely sorry for your loss. That is very, very tough, and as you pointed out on this email, these words maybe will help you for a few moments and that will be it.
Speaker 3: But that's interesting.
Speaker 1: I do think that until you go through a very specific situation, you don't know what it's like. Yeah, I know for a fact that I probably haven't been the best of friends to some of my friends who have had kids so far, because I've never experienced being in the trenches of a baby. I've definitely been there for my friends, but I probably haven't really helped them out when they, like first had a kid, and they probably needed a lot of help, and I didn't understand that when they started having kids and stuff, and so it's it's interesting to hear a point of view of someone who's gone through it, and basically, I think what we're getting out of a lot of these conversations is to just show up or I mean, you might know someone who is not gonna be okay with someone just showing up, because that's kind of like probably how I am, honestly, But just going and being there for them outside of just the text messages is very important.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and not just like the I mean, obviously you have the first text that say like, I'm here whenever you need me, but like a constant, not a constant like every single day, but you know, like consistent check in. I think is good because like I have friends too that have kids, and they went from being like, you know, my best friends that I saw all the time to being parents and so they're my whole like relationship changed with them. And I know for a fact, like, oh, if they're not tech me back, it's nothing to do with me, it's to.
Speaker 2: Do with their kids. And they just don't have the time.
Speaker 4: So I keep trying to like include especially like my friend Sarah, one of my friends, Sarah's, she has kids, and she still wants to you know, do stuff and be active and be more than just a mother, right, And so I try to go out of my way all the time to treat her like she's Sarah and not like she's Mom. And sometimes like that includes having to reach out multiple times because she's not getting back to me. Yeah, so I think that's definitely like a step further than like I will be there for you, because like, I'm sure same thing.
Speaker 1: She appreciates it, but like do more. Yeah, yeah for sure. Okay, thanks for your email and Jenna, Okay. The next email comes from Kelly and says, good morning. I'm writing this on Friday, and I'm just wondering where Dave is today. So he went out to Vegas and went to celebrate one of his old friend's.
Speaker 3: Birthday, right it was birthday?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, so he has also gone today and then he's gonna be back tomorrow Tuesday, so he will be back then. And then she also says, also, I think I had a dream that.
Speaker 3: Bailey is back with Trip.
Speaker 1: Nope, all I remember is that she mentioned on the radio that Trip started talking to her again and they were going to go on a date.
Speaker 3: Was this real life or did I really dream that?
Speaker 4: No, that was a dream, honestly, If he texted me saying hey, we should get together. I would probably say no because Bro ghosted me, so no, Yeah, yep, that was a dream. Sorry here me Okay.
Speaker 1: This one says Hi, I'm a lifelong listener here and I wanted to send an appreciation note. Your show is a consistent bright spot each day. I have anxiety and the world feels so chaotic right now, and your show is such a welcome distraction to help bring a little piece to each day. You make a difference in so many people's lives. I also want to give a shout out to vont I have really been enjoying the Black History Month moment. It's been a great daily addition to the show this month. You can tell he put in so much time and effort. Truly admirable. Love you all. This comes from Rachel. Rachel, I'm going to forward your message to Vaunt right now, just so he can personally see this himself.
Speaker 4: I will every time someone texts and saying like, oh, this is such like a beacon of hope.
Speaker 2: In my every day or whatever. I remember the first.
Speaker 4: Time I did my like giant mega walk thing where I walked twenty miles. Oh yeah, the first time I went that's all I listened to was this show on the podcast like my entire way there, because I was so nervous and I was walking somewhere that I'd never been before. I was doing a twenty mile walk, which I had never done before, So I was like super anxious and listening to this show like got me through it. And I just listened to like, I don't know, like four days worth of podcasts on my way there, and that's all I listened to.
Speaker 2: It was pretty dope, you know.
Speaker 1: I so Dave has built up obviously this show for thirty plus years now, and so I hear so many people say that same thing. I just didn't grow up around radio like that. Like there was a really huge staple morning show that was out of Green Bay in Wisconsin that we'd listened to every once in a while, but I know they'd get inappropriate and my mom didn't like that on the way to schools she turned the channel and whatever. But a lot of times we were only listening to my parents' music on rides to school. So I didn't have like that growing up. So it's very interesting to hear that being a part of this show now because radio just wasn't as I mean, I shouldn't say it wasn't as valued. I'm sure there's plenty of people who have shows they'd listened to in Wisconsin too that they loved. Yeah, just not for you, but it just yeah, I just never really had that growing up.
Speaker 3: So okay.
Speaker 1: This next email says, salutations Jenny in the morning, zoo oh, and Dave two.
Speaker 3: They say, I have to be honest. Here we go. Oh great.
Speaker 1: Every time you guys start talking about a sports topic, I cringe a little bit. Not because I think you guys shouldn't talk about sports, but I just cringe every time you share a piece of sports info that's incorrect. I know, y'all are not a sports station and you guys aren't exactly sports people, but I have a serious, slash not so serious idea to always ensure you guys share correct sports info.
Speaker 3: Have me be your sports whisperer.
Speaker 1: I am a huge sports fan slash nerd and follow the major Minnesota teams intensely, as well as big and national sports stories. So if someone on the show shares a piece of sports information that I know is incorrect, I could be that guy in the background nicely correcting the information. Keep on darting and lick in. This comes from Kyle ps. I'm surprised Dave doesn't rep his Colorado teams more often. Well, Kyle, the reason he doesn't is because, like you said, we're not really sports people. He is like not obsessed. He didn't grow up being obsessed with sports teams.
Speaker 3: But yes, we here's the thing, Kyle, I like your idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but because we are not a sports station, sports really only come up every once in a while, So I'm not exactly sure how it would work. Like, are we just supposed to have you on the phone for four and a half hours every day and then I just.
Speaker 4: Text in, Kyle, Sean put and sign it like sports whisper Kyle anytime we get something wrong and you want to text in because I, yeah, I know nothing about sports. I do like baseball, Yeah, so I know some things about baseball.
Speaker 2: But I wouldn't know any like exact rules to go by.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I would say if, like if he is at like a high school level of sports knowledge, I'm at more of like a fifth grade level.
Speaker 3: Like I know enough to understand I know the names.
Speaker 1: Of sports, right, but I don't know I don't know a lot of things though I know I realize that, but I enjoy watching them and so I have at least a decent amount of knowledge. Probably not enough to ever really be talking about it a ton, though.
Speaker 2: So there's that.
Speaker 1: And the next email comes from Brittany and says, Hey, y'all, on Thursday's podcast, you were talking about men who have kids that aren't theirs, even though they think they are. This reminded me of something that happened when my husband and I had our son, and I still think about it sometimes because it was so wild to me. After our son was born, we had a routine doctor appointment check up for him within the first two weeks of him being born, and the topic of his blood type came up. I said to the doctor, Oh, yeah, what is his blood type? By the way, the doctor got a nervous look on her face and she says, we typically don't share blood type with both parents in the room. I can only imagine how bewildered I must have looked, like, what what do you mean? And I also started to feel a mama bear angry reaction, like excuse me, no, you are going to tell me what my own kid's blood type is?
Speaker 3: What the hell.
Speaker 1: I think the doctor could sense that I wasn't going to let it go, so she looked at me, my husband, and my newborn and said, Okay, you all seem fine, so I don't mind telling you. It's just we normally don't in order to avoid uncomfortable situations. So finally I realized what she meant. Situations where the new baby has a blood type that doesn't match either the mom or the dad in the room, then it's obvious that a third party wink wink was involved. Anyway, my son's blood type matched are so no uncomfortable situation for us.
Speaker 3: Lo L have a great day, y'all. That comes from Brittany. WHOA, that's grazzy.
Speaker 2: Pritty.
Speaker 3: What a good story you're sending that in.
Speaker 4: A positive your husband has like a B positive kid is an O negative And they're like, wait a second.
Speaker 3: The ways you can get caught are endless.
Speaker 4: I feel like, we're not going to tell you the blood type, Like what why not? What?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's weird, but that's good.
Speaker 1: Good on that doctor to read the room, yeah, you know, and be like, Okay, they look like they're good.
Speaker 3: She definitely thinks that's the the father period.
Speaker 1: So Okay, this one says, Hey, Morning Show fam, this is so random. But I was listening to the Morning Show podcast from a few days ago, and you guys were discussing TGI Fridays. There is still a location in Minnesota, The Arbor Lakes Maple location is still open. It's right next to Benny Hanna over there. I only know because my single dad goes there every week and as friends with the female bartenders.
Speaker 3: Lol.
Speaker 1: Anyways, love you guys so much. Dart lick, dart lick, all right, and that comes from.
Speaker 3: Air rim love.
Speaker 4: Their dad is a regular at TGI Fridays.
Speaker 1: Like I like that because I feel like some people might be like, oh gosh, like that's annoying that the dad is whatever.
Speaker 3: But my dad like sits at home.
Speaker 1: I would rather go frequent into a place and each chats with bartenders than just like sit at home all the time.
Speaker 4: Mom's like, all of my mom's friends are regulars from the bar. Like she goes to a bar that's like two minute drive from her house and all of her friends are the people at the bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And so I'd rather have friends period than not have friends at all and sit at home doing nothing.
Speaker 2: So power to your dad.
Speaker 4: He sounds like he's similar to my mom because she also goes to a place similar to TGI Fridays.
Speaker 3: I love that, and that's going to do it for the minute, So to goodbye. Dave.
Speaker 1: Will be back on tomorrow, but please send us your emails. Ryan Show at KDWB dot com