Speaker 1: Welcome to the I'm Still Fun Podcast. Hello Jenny, Hello, did you miss me?
Speaker 2: I did miss you.
Speaker 3: I mean it's not like I didn't see you like Thursday.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, we did. We did see each other Thursday.
Speaker 3: But I will say I'm sad because the last two weekends fell and had invited us to go out on the boat with her and the fam, and of course we were busy both times, and I was like, man, I guess I'll just never go on your boat ever again.
Speaker 1: Well that's probably true. I will say this. As much as I don't love being a boat owner, this weekend was fucking perfection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on the boat.
Speaker 1: We were out there. Actually I went out multiple days. Jake went out twice. On one day and he went because we went out during the day, and I went out on that one and then he's like, I'm want.
Speaker 2: To take the neighbors out, and he's like, you gonna come and I was like, no chance, I'm going back on that.
Speaker 1: Uh. And then he came back in and I go, Hey, I hope you didn't lie to them and say I had something going on. I go, I think it's you need to be honest with people about me. I was honest about you. He's like, I said, you were at the fair, You're done talking to people, and I go, that's fair, I go. But even when there's not a fair, I don't necessarily want to hang out with people all the time. I am like people always say I am very extroverted.
Speaker 2: I am not.
Speaker 1: I that is like I've said it a million times. I like our neighbors a lot. But like the other day when we were on the boat the day before, we pull up because I had the shits, okay, and I think you have to stop at our beach area we have because there's a porta potty on the beach. I was not gonna show. I was gonna ship on the porta posty, okay. And there are like a million neighbors. No one used to ever go to the beach in our neighborhood, but now younger families are moving in, and I guess one of the families had invited a bunch of other families they know and their kids, and so they were all there, which I didn't care about my shit's porch, but I was like, God, Jake is going to see this, and he's gonna want to hang out with these people that was I first thought.
Speaker 2: And it has nothing to do with it. I've met them all.
Speaker 1: They're super nice and all of love's playing with their kids. It's such a weird thought because I have had great conversations with these people. They're like fun, they're nice, They're intelligent, successful humans you would want to surround yourself with. Yeah, and my first thought was, fuck, Jake's gonna want to hang out. So my mom and I sat like in chairs. I didn't even say hi to Half of them are directly next to us. Neighbors are the nicest humans ever. They came up and talked to us, and then I was like, well, saddle up.
Speaker 2: I got on. When Jake got back with because he had to go put the boat in the dock. He came over.
Speaker 1: I was like, you're good with all of I'm going to the house and he hung out with all the neighbors. I knew he'd want to, and I was like, no chance, I'm leaving. I'm bailing immediately. So they probably are like I want to, butch I was like, I don't care.
Speaker 3: I'm you in this version in the Saint Louis Park neighborhood, like we are the same. Andrew loves such a chat with the neighbors.
Speaker 2: I will wave and.
Speaker 3: Say hi, and I'll have conversations every once in a while, but like, if he sees them, he's always having a conversation.
Speaker 2: If I see them, I am polite.
Speaker 3: But if I'm like in a rush or if I just got home from work and I don't feel like talking, I like go right in the house and I don't like make an effort to talk. And so I am definitely that person in our relationship too.
Speaker 1: That's how Colt says his wife jenn Is, Like he'll get home from like a long day, and she'll always make fun of him, like, oh wow, a long day. You're laughing with your friend, you know, And but he she'll want to invite the neighbors over and he's like god, no, like why and he's like, oh yeah, And she's different. She's been with only kids all day long. She probably would like to have an adult conversation. And I'm like, yeah, that actually makes a lot more sense. Yeah, But I'm like, Jake, you talk to people all the time.
Speaker 3: Do they have young neighbors that they hang out with or just other neighbors that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they're young.
Speaker 1: Well, one house next to him is an airbnb, so he's like anything ghost, Yeah, I don't even know who's going to be there every single week. Luckily they haven't had a lot of issues with that, because I don't think I would. I mean, my neighbor in Minneapolis turned her garage into an Airbnb, and I was high alert pissed about it, but it actually never ended up being anything that bothered me. I think, you know, so it ended up being fine. But I would not love to live next door to an airbnb because you just don't know what you're going to get.
Speaker 3: Oh, and I totally I get that, But at the same time, I also would like love to invest in an airbnb. So I'm like guilty of probably both sides of things. I will say that we stayed at an airbnb this weekend, and it's the same one we stayed at last Labor Day weekend, and you can tell that the neighbors on either side are like, that's their place, that their escape, their cabin, and they just like did not want to be friendly with us. Like one of them had a dog that kept running over anytime we'd like come outside if she was outside, and I would pet her because I'm obsessed obviously with the pups, and they kept being like Millie, Millie, get over here, get over here, like the instant where I'm like clearly petting her and I'm okay with it, Like you know, it wasn't like, oh shit, we're inconvenience seeing her. They were like trying to get Milly back, and I'm like, let me put your dog.
Speaker 2: I'm fine.
Speaker 3: Andrew and I are chill Airbnb people like we only had loud sex one time.
Speaker 1: That's great, nos, Jenny. I love hearing them. Also apparently not the time to be getting an airbnber and investing in one.
Speaker 2: Jake and I looked hard into that like.
Speaker 1: A year or so ago, and he was like, cheesh, fallon, Like they're like late, they're like the latest reports that have come out. It's rough, like the a large, large percentage of people who jumped on that bandwagon are having like no visitors, They're losing money.
Speaker 2: Out their ass. It's bad right now.
Speaker 1: I think obviously there are some that are in prime locations that are getting it. But he's like, I'm really thankful we did not get one. And he's like, because I think we would be in a bad position unless like, because the ones we were gonna look at. Unless you're souper, we're rich, you're not going to be able to afford a second house in a prime, prime location like the beachfront property, the on the like Broadway in Nashville, on the Bourbon Street in New Orleans. You're gonna be getting something on the outskirts. And some people will get that because it's cheaper, but the majority probably aren't. So I'm like, because of all the fees and shit they're adding now, it just makes sense almost the majority of the time to be at a hotel now, unless you're, like I think, with a bigger group where you need to share like a bigger space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no for sure.
Speaker 3: But also a tip that I've probably said on here before and I definitely said on the Morning Show and it's also on my blog is when you see an airbnb and it's hosted by like something that looks like a business name versus like hosted by Jeannette or hosted by Vikasa, look up.
Speaker 2: That name come from. It's a place.
Speaker 3: It's a like snowboarding nursy town kind of rental company.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're saying that as a person, I'm like, no, that's no, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's not a person, right, okay, but Kasa, it's clearly like you'll see usually like a logo es versus like a profile picture of a lady or a guy or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Yes, you should look up that company and find their direct website to book through them versus booking three Airbnb. I have saved so much money over the years since I've found almost like the place in Lovenworth I found through a rental company. I found it on Airbnb, then found the rental company and booked it through that and booked it for cheaper. So those are just like fun little tips that I'm pretty sure I've talked about on here. But if you want to remind her, yeah, maybe some money. Someone's first episode. I can't stop looking at you got something in your tooth.
Speaker 2: Which one? Oh my god, I just had an aggressive salad too.
Speaker 1: Hold on, it's everywhere.
Speaker 2: I just noticed it, you know why. It's even worse.
Speaker 1: So at seven am, I got my dental my teeth cleaned so they're fresh, like you know, they picked out all the plaque. I have all these cavernous openings now everything. Oh God, thank you for telling me I don't get idiot forever. So I texted Jenny, I didn't get a period last month and it is now September.
Speaker 2: What the fuck? I googled it and it said the.
Speaker 1: Only the only reasons would be the list obviously, pregnancy, obesity, I've lost weight and you know, so I can't imagine all of a sudden that's my issue.
Speaker 2: Stress. I'm not stressed.
Speaker 1: Oh, the fair is stressful, but it's not like that level of stress.
Speaker 2: And then menopause. I texted Geny, I've dried up. I've got through.
Speaker 1: My mom says she went through menopause at my age, but I don't have any of the other things.
Speaker 2: I just I.
Speaker 3: Feel like it probably just has something to do that's out of like routine with your body.
Speaker 1: Because I looked into I'm like and I like googled the procedure I had done in my face. I'm like, it is they're basically closing up blood vessels. It's the same kind of procedure they use for Verico spains. I'm like, can this stop period? And it's like, no, dumb ass, is basically what it said. So I'm like, well, what the hell? And it's I am not pregnant. First of all, Jake was he did the test after the vasectomy.
Speaker 2: He is staring three years later he did and he's good. He's good. He is good.
Speaker 1: So that was like a more recent confirmation. But then also it wouldn't have it wouldn't have lined up. He goes, you can take a pregnancy test, but if you're pregnant, you.
Speaker 2: Have a lot of explaining to do. I was like, yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what the hell's going on, but that is weird, and I'm like, will it come back in September and be.
Speaker 3: Like brutal with a vengeance. Oh, I'm worried about it. Have you always had a regular period.
Speaker 2: Like monthly?
Speaker 1: It doesn't necessarily always come on the same day. Yeah, it comes whatever day is the most inconvenient of the month. Yea, yeah always so like it was right when we got like got to bamf like our first day of hiking, it came. Of course, it'll come on like my birthday or like Jake's birthday or anniversary. Always the worst possible day of the month.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, I feel that I got it in the airport on our right before our twenty three hour trip to Thailand. So that was super fun. Shit, oh god, so so fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I for me like the last gosh. I think since I was twenty five, I've had the birth control implanted. Yes, so I've always had random periods that come out of nowhere. And when I was single, I always said that it was like God striking down at my horrishness because I would get a period like after banging a bunch, and like then I like wouldn't have had it for like months, and all of a sudden, it's like I slowing down. Yeah, so I'm kind of like for me, it's like I never know what's going to show up, or if it will show up, or if it does show up, sometimes it likes to linger for a couple of weeks and it's just it's all over the place.
Speaker 2: For me, it's so cute.
Speaker 1: I like that for you. You also did talk about a dog, and so I have a little pup date where we are adopting that puppy.
Speaker 2: I think I talked about it last week.
Speaker 1: You did, and I was really I don't know, it was like on the fence about it, Jake. I know I mentioned he really really wanted a Bernie's Mountain dog. I it's not that I'm completely against it. I was like, I just don't want another huge dog. I don't want all the shedding.
Speaker 2: Also, i've heard really bad like health stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, they're only like have a life expectancy of like six or seven dames.
Speaker 2: That what I thought.
Speaker 1: It's like six seven, eight tops baggery dogs in general they have less. Yeah, but I didn't know what that. But I had posted like a poll about Golden Retrievers and Bernie's and this vet immediately said neither. The purebreads are like they have just so many health issues. And Joe's like I don't care. I'm like, okay, great. So I was like, let's just meet this dog. He's like, you know, if we meet it, you're gonna get that dog. So you've basically made your decision. And I was like, I'm just playing it by ear. We applied, other people could have applied. Well, we were the like first ones that applied. So we set it all up and he came over to meet us yesterday, okay, like noon, and he was so sweet and so calm and just I mean, I know that he's nervous, so he'd probably come out of a shell pretty quickly, but just immediately went to all of his lap and cuddled. So that was, you know, screw Jacob right there, Dolly was having a field day playing with him, and I don't know, it was just like cute. It felt right. I don't have like a weird fear. I'm sure i'll be like, oh god the first few weeks because they're always like like nighttime routine. You know, he's not potty trained obviously, so we'll have to go through all of that. But he's so sweet. And Jake posted a picture of stay on the stories. I go, what the fuck, Jake, I was gonna share that, and he goes, it's a soft launch. Ago, you don't know what a sad launch. A soft lunch would have been his paw, No, it's a hard lunch.
Speaker 2: She's like, oh, okay, I got that mix. Did he delete it? No?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't think I saw it unless he did. I mean, I don't think he did he unless he uh, like felt bad. He's like he asked if I wanted him to. I was like, no, I'm not gonna like make you delete it. But I don't Well, maybe I just didn't see it in time.
Speaker 2: He blocked. You know, I did see it. See that bitch.
Speaker 1: He does have it up so you can go see if you listen to this podcast within like four hours of it being released.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's coming out today.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's like I'm tired. I told Fum before this. I was just like really tired today.
Speaker 1: But I think we're gonna name him Franklin. Tina picked the name. She as soon as I sent her a photo. She's like, his name is Frank And then I do like the name frank It's funny. But also since we call Dolly Beef beef and Frank I thought was funny. And nobody else in my family cares at all what his name is. So except for all of who wanted to name him Rosie.
Speaker 2: I didn say.
Speaker 1: I thought all of had strong opinions, and I was like, it's not happening, and we're not naiming him Rosie.
Speaker 2: All of move on.
Speaker 1: Speaking of I dropped her off for her last day of daycare today, Oh, because she starts preschool tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Are school.
Speaker 3: I always like think that she's my niece's age, but then I forget. I think she's like a little over a year younger. But because my niece started kindergarten today, so oh exciting.
Speaker 1: I know, it's weird because everyone else in her day care class, you know, I follow a lot of their the moms they posted like first day of kindergarten, but all was always like the youngest in her class. So it's weird that even like her dance friends, they're all start in kindergarten. So I'm like, she's it's like a bizarre two week difference. So she'll be but she's starting in her school district.
Speaker 2: She has a locker, she has a mailbox, she has all the things. It's very cute.
Speaker 1: So she has her first day outfit ready for tomorrow, and I was like, today I was wrapping off, like should I cry?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm like I started tearing up a little bit. Jake's like, yeah, save it for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Was like, okay, good call. Yeah so I did not cry.
Speaker 1: But also, uh, just going back a little bit because Genny, I know part of her tired vibes are coming probably from doing the fair. The number of people that came up to me, I think and Jenny at the fair to say they listen to our podcast. Yeah, so kind just like thank you, so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot.
Speaker 3: We appreciate it because I think, like sometimes because we don't have direct interaction obviously on a podcast, we don't have phone calls or texts or whatever coming in while we record this, you just never really know who's listening. I mean, we can kind of we can track listens and stuff a little bit, but I even think that those numbers are bizarre, weird. Yeah, so yeah, no, it was. It's always nice to hear if you say that you listen, and it's always fun to hear, like I just feel like I'm talking to my best friend. Yeah, listen to your podcasts and stuff, and I'm like, you know, I love to hear that. And then like when people are like, you guys just like talk about the things that like other people are uncomfortable talking about, and I was like, well, Phil and I probably should be as well, but we're not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should be, conture, aren't.
Speaker 1: A lot of women were with their like boyfriend or husband, and they said that that the guys were like, that's the one of like because a lot of people listen to like all of the KDWB podcasts, but the guys more than one was like, but your alls is the only one I enjoy and I was like, ah.
Speaker 2: Because you're filthy as fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why you like you like hearing some raunchy girls apparently, so.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we're so raunchy and we're so random, like, for instance, I haven't noted my phone of a topic I wanted to bring up. Okay, so I want to get liposuction on my toes because I was just looking at them, like I had them up on the dashing a couple.
Speaker 2: Of weekends ago, and they're just like so chunky.
Speaker 3: Like my big toe is a fun I was going to say a fat girl, but uh it came out as fuck at first.
Speaker 2: But they're chunky toes. You toes don't match.
Speaker 1: My toes are all like flintstony. Your big toe is huge. It's just so different from your other toes.
Speaker 3: So I'm literally having this thought in my head that I want to get light of section on my toes.
Speaker 1: And then where would the fat go to because they say when you get it out of one area, have to go to another. So you would get it out of your toes and all of a sudden, for the first time in your life, you'd have like a gut.
Speaker 2: I'll take the fat toe back right.
Speaker 3: But it was so funny because I'm just like having this thought in my head. I write a note down about talking about this, and then twenty minutes later and she's liked, you.
Speaker 2: Have such cute toes. I was like what I was like?
Speaker 3: I showed him that No, I had just put in my phone and I was like, oh my god. Also, you get so turned on by me and my Facebook marketplace deals because I just sold this phone roller for five bucks.
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck. All I did.
Speaker 3: I had to put it on a side patio, which I was even home so heated, and the person venmowed me the five bucks ahead of times that I sent him my address, and he was like, oh.
Speaker 2: Babe, you make me so horny when you get your deals.
Speaker 3: But I was like, no, I'm malf horny.
Speaker 2: Listen that that is.
Speaker 1: I feel like, how you know you guys are a great match via the same things turn you on, and he's turned on by your weird insecurities.
Speaker 2: You know, So that's perfectly toes.
Speaker 1: Oh they're not completely gnarly. I mean you're you can work on your painting. I think if you even paint, it might make them look better Okay.
Speaker 3: We had like this little spop pedicure thing at this Bachelor ID party a few weeknds away, so that's like left.
Speaker 2: Over from that. Usually the lasts a little longer.
Speaker 3: Well, I just did your basic stuff because I like gel always like ruins my nails.
Speaker 2: I don't like. I don't my toes. I know it lasts way longer. I don't care.
Speaker 1: My toes typically last a lot longer, like than my finger nails. Anyway, Yeah, I don't like gel period. I don't want it. It bucks me up. My nails are finally healthy from that debacle or on my birthday in April. That's how long it took to not have the thinnest nails of all time. I couldn't even but it can.
Speaker 2: It's so wild. It was crazy.
Speaker 3: And I used to get mine done with like fake nails all the time and stuff, and I love that. But then when I would like be done getting the refills, I just remember it takes so long time to go back to normal, and I was like, you know what, I just don't care enough. And I also I don't personally enjoy getting my nails done. I know some people go in and like like it and I'm like, no, this is not fun for me.
Speaker 1: I don't mind the pedicure because I can use my hands and be on my phone and.
Speaker 2: I'm so ticklish. Though, Oh so I struggle.
Speaker 3: Like they get in with the scraper and I'm like almost kicking them in the face.
Speaker 2: Half the time.
Speaker 1: I get a little on edge with the scraper. But for the most part, I'm into it.
Speaker 2: But I'm cheap.
Speaker 1: And they're like, you want the deluxe or what. I'm like, nope, whatever your.
Speaker 2: Cheapest service is, I want it.
Speaker 3: And then you look at the menu sometimes and it includes like a glass of champagne and it's ten extra bucks, and I'm like, I don't need the glass of champagne for them the next level up, Like I was like, are you getting all the dead skin off my feet?
Speaker 2: That's what I care about exactly.
Speaker 1: Don't Maybe the champagne would be good, and like if you're doing something special like a bridal outing, but I don't know, Jenny.
Speaker 2: Guess what.
Speaker 1: I'm forcing my family to do a pickleball tournament this weekend at my house.
Speaker 2: Oh oh at your house? Well, I have a in my neighborhood.
Speaker 1: We have a pickleball Why don't you invite me, because, first of all, there are only certain people I will allow your psychotic competitive energy around.
Speaker 3: Speak for yourself, crazy lady.
Speaker 1: First of all, I have invited you loosely. I've said I would like you guys to come play.
Speaker 2: I would love to. Okay, well, you can't come to the family thing.
Speaker 3: Well, I obviously know that, but I felt like maybe I would want to. I feel like, because it's pickleball, you should look past the fact that we're not blood related.
Speaker 2: I'm not blood related to them.
Speaker 1: I if someone drops out, I'll call you. Michael, Jake's stepbrother plays all the time. I think he's probably pretty good, so I called DIBs on him being my partner and then they were like, no, fallin, that isn't how it works. And I'm like, I don't want to be with bitch ass Jake. Every time I play him, he like he's better than me. We'll like do tennis, and it makes me mad. Something's off with him on pickleball.
Speaker 2: I don't know what. I think he's trying to do some kind of tricks and I'm like, just get the ball over.
Speaker 1: But it makes me feel good because I beat him so easily every time. Yeah, I don't know, so I'm like, I don't know that I can be his partner. You probably don't want to be. How many people are playing? If everyone actually comes, it'd be eight of us. Okay, but I don't want to be paired with Jake's sister Hannah. She listens to this podcast. She's outwardly, she doesn't care. Yep, she won't be put in the acca. I think my top two choices would be his stepbrother Michael and Davy's wife Laura. Okay, all three of us, I feel like are competitive. Jake's stepdad Fred very competitive. That doesn't mean he's good though, you know. Yeah, so I don't know that. So my chop choices would be Laura or Michael. But that feels unfair. It feels like actually Michael should probably pair with Hannah to even things out.
Speaker 3: That does feel fair, because you are pretty good. I mean, I've only played with you, like at your very beginning stages, and you are good, like naturally good.
Speaker 2: Thank you for saying that I'm a natural journey.
Speaker 3: I don't know how much you've worked on yourself since then, because you should have been working harder.
Speaker 1: But that's true, I shouldn't do some drills. I also want to do like an October party again. Yeah, but you never come, Andrew does.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know what has happened to my life in the last few months, but I just feel like every single weekend I have shit going on. Well, I would like except for this weekend when apparently you didn't invite me to the pick upball tournament. But anyways, we can move on from that.
Speaker 1: I would like to take up two to three of your October weekends, if that's okay.
Speaker 3: I literally don't have any of those. I'm hopefully going to be gone for two of them. I'm waiting on a date for work to figure out if I can go on this road trip that I've been planning that I now found out I might not be able to go on. That's always fun, yay, But and that was your weekend, by the way, you went and did some fun stuff.
Speaker 2: You went up.
Speaker 3: We went to the same place we went to last Labor Day weekend, and it was very relaxing, honestly, not like any fun stories from it, any hot chill.
Speaker 2: Any wrecks or anything or no or just find it on the blog.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I did just update because I already had like a Crosby Minnesota guide on my blog and I just updated it yesterday, so you can check that out too.
Speaker 2: Meet me off grid dot com.
Speaker 3: Go under the Minnesota tab and you'll be able to click on the Crosby one. But I would say definitely check out the Cayuna area, even if you're not a mountain biker. It's just a beautiful, cool area. It's all these like crazy miners lakes, minor lakes.
Speaker 1: And then when you said miners lakes, I thought of like coal miners with hats on, and like that, Oh, yes, that's what you mean.
Speaker 3: That's what they used to be a mining town. So now they're lakes now. It's like all these big holes basically were turned into lakes, so they're formed from like mines. So they're very terrifying to me because they're very deep. So you jump in and you're like, wait, how deep does this actually go? Like hundreds and hundreds of feet?
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean I would get in it for like a little light swim, so I would recommend that. And then we did go hit up this candy store, which my frugal self would not recommend this, but it was a fun experience because you get a bag and you like fill it with candy and stuff. And growing up we would like go into candy stores, but my parents ever like bought us anything like the Dells would have all these like crazy candy stores. And this place was super cool. It was called High Wheel confect O Questionery.
Speaker 3: Just look up High Wheel and it was just fun because we picked out candy and I felt like a little kid, like ye on a little vacation. But honestly, we just did a lot of relaxing and hiking. And I will say personally, I do not like Father hender Penn State Park. I also did not like Savannah Portage State Park, but we only went for hiking, not like camping. I can't speak on but I would say that those are two very boring state parks in my opinion. Wow, So I would not go back to either of them. You can totally disagree with me on that, but I will recommend relax Katheo State Park.
Speaker 2: That park was cool. It's haadigindy to those. Yes, but we have take the pass. Yeah, okayeah, so you do.
Speaker 3: But I mean it's just like for a day, you don't have to go to one specific one you pay seven dollars to go like a day pass, and then you can go to like multiple ones if you.
Speaker 2: Woh, hey, gotcha, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that was I mean, it was just a relaxing weekend. I will say it was shell shock going from that to immediately having to go work.
Speaker 2: At the ferry yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was stuck in the worst traffic I've ever been in. I didn't move for forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: I am so thankful that my last shift was Friday, because Friday is it exploded. I got to physically, you know, see every day what it was like.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And Friday I walked out the Jason Show was like hole lee f yep. So I can't even imagine what your traffic was like yesterday.
Speaker 3: Did you have a hard time getting out ever when you guys would leave for the day, because like it would be slow, but it wasn't ever like crazy? No, Yeah, I mean it wasn't as bad leaving yesterday. But yeah, it was just like I went from like the most peaceful, serene environment to like the most chaotic.
Speaker 2: Environment within the day.
Speaker 1: And be really thankful you had Monday shift and not Sunday.
Speaker 2: I heard Sunday was crazy.
Speaker 1: Well not because of that. Oh, so we the one thing we get that like the one benefit of working at the fair, and it's not a benefit. It just makes our lives easier for having to work the fair is we get a media a lot. So there's a parking lot you can park in and you get to like walk right into the fair. It's you don't have to worry about parking it. They closed it down for tim Walls, so oh Colt got there for a shift and they're like closed, sorry, and he's like, well where do I go? So you would have been running late spinning traffic for like stress and then not had a.
Speaker 2: Lot to park it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so be thankful yours was like Monday and not Sunday. Cult was like already, like Colt's just so much of a more chill human than me. I would have been like I'm going home af this, Like I would have been crazy, I think because why I thought it was so ridiculous he had to work on that Sunday. After he was there the first Sunday and every weekday. I was like that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it.
Speaker 3: I did get like shoot away from the media a lot one time because I got there like a few minutes too late or something.
Speaker 1: If you get there around the parade schedule, they won't let you in. Yeah, and then I had to go back because I had gotten stuck in traffic that day too, and I had to go back and find like a public lot to get into, and so I remember I was like ready to lose it, but I had to keep it together and get to the KTEWB booth.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We have a couple of emails. Why we've been putting off until Jenny finished The Mole. So this came from Ann and it said, Hey, just finished watching season two of The Mole on Netflix, and I'm interested in hearing about Jenny's thoughts on the season, since she shared on a recent I'm Still a Fun episode that she interviewed for it.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I did finally watch all of it, and I will say that it was very different from the first season and the fact that they did less physical challenges or missions is what they call them in this one, which I felt like was beneficial to deal with, like to have the Mole hidden more because the first season it was like all these hot, fit young people, like they clearly casted for sex appeal versus like just like different backgrounds and cultures and variety and stuff. Is what they did for the second season. So I feel like I sort of like the missions better in the first season than the second one. But I do think they did a better job at like really throwing people off as to who the mole could have been. I was pretty shocked at who it was, well kind of shocked.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: They were definitely on my list, but I will say so they cast a lot based on looks. Do you have to have a lot of people who look differently because when you do the quiz after each mission trying to who the mole is, they'll ask you like, did the mole have blonde hair? Did the mole have this was the mole on this mission or whatever? And so I feel like the blonde that they casted, I think they did a great job on casting her. Ok, she actually ended up At the beginning the first two episodes, I was like, fuck this bitch that should have been me, But then I ended up really actually liking her. She was like, I don't want to like, probably should have had spoiler alert before talking about all this, but she ended up like clinging on to this one guy. Actually he more so clung onto her, and she played that motherfucker like a fiddle and like he got off way before she did or got out way before she did, and it was just interesting, like they were hardcore making out and stuff in front of people, and I was like, I don't think the Mole would be making out with people. I think you guys screwed each other because clearly the Mole is not going to be the one like making out okay, And if they would have made one of them that, then they did.
Speaker 2: A great job. Yeah, but I think they did good on the cast.
Speaker 3: I think this season, I just feel like I vibed more with like the missions. But I see why they did it differently because they made it almost too easy the first season to kind of figure out who the Mole was, gotcha, But yeah, I don't now after watching two seasons of it, I feel like it was cool and I would still totally audition again and try to be on it. Yeah, but I just feel like there's other shows that involve challenges that I'd be more into, okacause I think this one would really psychologically screw with me because you could never like get to know people on a genuine level. So you're doing all these missions, but you're also trying to like deceive people to think that you could be the mole. So then they answer questions wrong and they get voted out or not voted out, but like they get out before you.
Speaker 2: I've never seen it, so yeah, it's just.
Speaker 3: Like it's a very like surface level of everyone getting to know each other, whereas I like love to hear people's life stories and you could argue and Survivors some people pretend to be people they aren't and stuff. But you spend like all day on Survivor with these people, so you eventually form like better connections with them and stuff. And so it'd just be hard for me to like have to pretend to either be the mole or not be the mole constantly and never being able to like get to know anyone that you're doing missions with. But I'd still be hon it if they ever wanted me to. So putting that out there, then, yeah, I'm just putting.
Speaker 2: It into the atmosphere. But I watched my.
Speaker 1: Take the Love is Blind UK version and I like that it's finished it last night.
Speaker 2: It was good.
Speaker 1: I've said this because I've and I've heard of the people say it before from because I don't watch Love Island. I've watched a few episodes, but people always say the Love Island UK version is better because they're just more mature, Like Americans are so much more immature with like the it's an experiment.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And I get it because I would be immature. But like a lot of the like British people, it's like they're like, yeah, I know you're dating other people and you should. You should have the full experience, whereas them American people are like, oh, you're.
Speaker 2: Talking to another girl and it's like, well, yeah, we all are.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I think it's very I don't know, it's just a different thing.
Speaker 3: British people are just more confrontational and more upfront, o bait, more up right, Yes, because that's what my friends that are British are.
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting what Colt says because one time someone was like they asked cold about how I am with him or whatever, and I was in the room and they were like, do you feel like Falon's ever mean to you or whatever? And he was like no, He's like, I've never thought that ever, he's like, Fallon is like.
Speaker 2: A British person.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? He goes, you just say what you think. He's like, I never like sit around and stress out and wonder like what you think of me, or like if you're upset or if you're happy. He's like, I never even, He's like, because you're just.
Speaker 2: Very much you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was like, oh, feels hurtful. And also I guess I guess that is me. Yeah, I don't know. I'm a British person. Apparently I agree with them to an extent. I feel like you're kinder though with your like your uffrontedness.
Speaker 2: That's a word. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would never want to like hurt anyone's feelings. I would never be like, well, I.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, I feel like British people don't care about that, and they think that like it's on you if you got your your feelings hurt, you know, like they're not trying to be evil, they're just trying to say what it is. But then like you might take it too personal and then it's like, well that's not you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would never be like that.
Speaker 1: If I thought I hurt someone's feelings, I would spiral for a very long time. So yeah, but all right, well that's it. That's that's the podcast. Thanks for uh, you know, giving us our like labor day off and accepting this, yes, still on the right day, but just a little bit later than normal. Yeah, and thanks for listening and saying hi to Fallon and I whenever you see us out in public and telling us you listen to the podcast.