Speaker 1: Yeah, rit.
Speaker 2: Needs you don't have.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 5: Dix is the Troubleshooter show now, Tom Martino.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show. I hope everything is going well, and it'll be interesting to uh check this out because I am doing a little something different today. I got ticked off at some Dix.
Speaker 5: Is the Troubleshooter doing wrong here now, Tom Martino.
Speaker 6: Okay, Tom Marchino, welcome to the show. I know my YouTube. I'm sorry. Let me get my YouTube out of here. It'll be interesting to going on check this out because I wired my being fit back here. I got ticked off at some other. This is the trouble is doing wrong here. Okay, Oh god, okay, what happened? Okay, so it wasn't me, Thank god. I thought I was going crazy and I was waiting for you to say, Joe Biden. Anyway, Welcome to the show on Tom Martino. Three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, now, let's do what we can do to help you. All you have to do is call three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five, And I want to tell you that, uh, I am here uh with something new. Like I said, I wanted to check out my sound quality because I believe it's going to be better at this time. So what we're gonna do is start taking your calls and you let me know. I just got so tired of that other unit I was using in people saying it sounded robotic. So I want you, I want you to weigh and especially my YouTube morons, they love love weighing in on how I sound. So please do it. Let me know what you think, and then I will uh, I will just take your lead. Three all three seven one three a two five five Shannon at the controls. I want to say something about health insurance. Now. I know it's been in the news lately and we have been talking a lot about let me just ex that out. Okay, we've been talking a lot about health insurance. And because this guy was killed and people said, you know, there there might be a reason for this, and they they they're all speculating that maybe this guy that did the killing was turned down on an important insurance claimer one of his people and someone died. I don't think anyone knows at this point, and obviously, my God in Heaven, no one wants to see anyone take violence into their own hands. No one wants to see that. No one wants to see that someone killed someone and we revel over it. Okay, Now, I will say I have been guilty in the past of talking about health insurance and I've actually said they are evil? Have I said they're the most evil bastards? And it's a complete industry founded on evil. Now, now, obviously I feel that way about the industry, and I know that people have never put that together with me or I'm not thinking I had to reach in New York to this guy heard me on' But what I'm saying is this, I hate health insurance. I hate the people in health insurance, not them personally, but what they do. And there's a reason for it. Now again, I'm not advocating violence, but health insurance has to change. And so many times we talk about health insurance, and let me explain this to you, because I don't think people understand how health insurance was started, and in the beginning, it was one of the best things we could have because someone got the idea if we pulled our resources not everyone is going to get sick at the same time, so we pull our resources and it's available to those who get sick. And because you've pulled your money with everyone else's, you also have the privilege of being helped when you get sick. The original plans had no profit built in. None none, no profit built in, so it was called a sickness fund or an accident fund. This was when do you think it happened in the nineteen hundreds, So workers put all their money in a pool, and when someone got sick, they used it to help someone. And because in those days, I guess people didn't cheat, so they didn't say I had surgery when they didn't, and people were their bills were paid. In the early twentieth century, listen to this, then hospitals started doing that saying you know what. Baylor was the first one. Baylor University in nineteen twenty nine started collecting funds from people from the community, and when they pulled money, they got in exchange a certain number of days in the hospital depending on what they paid in, and that became Blue Cross. Again, this was wonderful. You're gonna learn something here, because this is where it becomes evil. I'm going to tell you as we go on, physicians started doing the same thing. And that's where the hospitals and physicians got together and became Blue Shield, Blue Cross and Blue Shield. That's when hospitals and doctors got together. Blue Cross with hospitals, blue Shield doctors. Did you know that? Now here's the next thing. Kaiser was a shipbuilder and he wanted to provide for his employees and he didn't want them paying other people. He says, you know, I can do it more efficiently because what I'm going to do is I'm going to start my own hospital and I'm going to hire my own doctors, and then I'm going to have my workers pay in to a nonprofit system from well actually he paid for them, but it was a benefit. Okay, they were really paying because was part of their compensation. So he said, I'm going to pay into this fund for them, or they're paying into it from their own money. However you want to look at that, and they have the privilege to go to our doctors and our facilities, and its nonprofit. That was Kaiser. Remember in the beginning, no profits. So when you had aggregated funds like the what they called the the sickness fund and somebody got sick. Everyone thought, who administered the fund, Okay, that man needs some money or that woman needs some money. They're sick. But there was no one a CEO or a CFO or a COOO saying, wait a minute, how do we know we're not paying too much? And if we pay this, what's that going to do to our bonus or our profit or worse, our stockholders. There was no one there doing that because it was nonprofit. All they cared about aggregation of funds. They wanted those funds to last, and they wanted it to take care of people. There were no stockholders, there were no greedy CEOs and CFOs looking for multimillion dollar bonuses. That's the system. That's the way it was supposed to work. Then Kaiser started the idea of group. He was the first PPO, so to speak, you went to his preferred provider organization. He started that. Then what happened was the IRS started giving tax incentives to employers who have plans. But then something happened in the fifties and into the early sixties, and then it went into seventies something where it started being evil. They said, let's start a company and make a buffet. Now, profit's not evil, except I swear to God, it's contrary to the concept of insurance. I've always said that I believe in capitalism profit incentive. Now, remember in nonprofit insurance models, everyone that worked there got paid. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about after getting paid for administering that bundle of money left for stockholders you didn't have to worry about, but then managed to care. Came in profit incentive. So then you had companies where they wanted to make a profit. So now they had everyone pulling their money. Okay, but instead of just paying the bills for people, you had fat cats wondering how much am I going to have left at the end of the year for me and my stockholders and for my bonuses. So now the picture changed a little. It wasn't one hundred percent focused on wellness. It had a split focus. Yeah, we'll do wellness, but only to a certain extent. The rest will go to profits and stockholders. You see, that's when deny defend. All of that came in. Okay, delay, deny defend. Delaying just a few days you make more money on the money denying, you don't pay it at all defending it's sometimes cheaper to go to court than to pay it. That's where that came from. And then this managed care concept is deputy doc. There, I'm here, Tom, deputy doc. So managed care came in and people like you had to hire full time people just to administer the health insurance. It was so complicated.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I had one one woman in my office who did nothing all week except insurance claims.
Speaker 6: Now here's the thing. Managed care said to deputy doc. You know, deputy doc, you're making this much for a C section. We're not paying that anymore. That's too much. We're only going to pay you this much, but we'll send you a lot of customers, clients, patients. But this is all we're gonna pay. So people were upset with rising health care costs. Now doc had to raise his money, had to raise his fees to take care of his full time insurance people, and then he had to pay his bills. But the cesarean didn't pay us as much as it used to. And then as you went on, doc and other doctors, they couldn't just say here's what we're going to charge. Well, they could, but insurance companies would come in and say, well, that's maybe what you're gonna charge if someone walks off the street. But no, your we're paying less than that, way less than that. So doctors and providers started playing games. They started raising prices so they can get more money, and prices started going up. But it wasn't People thought greedy doctors, you know, because doctors are educated, high falutin greedy doctors. But I saw a study one time where a doctor who was doing deliveries of babies got paid no more under managed care than he did twenty years before that. I mean, it was incredibly stupid. Now, so here's what happened. I'm gonna liken it really quickly to organize crime in New York City. When immigrants came to New York and couldn't make a living, some of them took matters into their own hands and they said, hey, mister restauranteur or mister clothing store or mister car dealer, you need to start paying for protection or for this, or you need to start using our laundry service, or you need to start doing this. And the businesses would say, what am I paying for protection for? Well, who are you protecting me from? From us? They became. They inserted themselves in businesses that were getting along fine without them. So organized crime came, and so you had the business and you had their expense structure. Organized crime added that just just because they wanted to make money and did nothing at all, nothing. And now these restaurants and these businesses had to raise their prices because of organized crime. Well, insurance has become. That insurance inserted themselves. And they didn't just insert themselves to make it more efficient and to make the premiums go farther. They inserted themselves to take that money as a profit and for their stockholders and themselves and do some of the other money for healthcare. That's what they did that It served no purpose whatsoever what they did. It was being aggregated and paid for before them. The sickness funds, Kaiser, all the rest were working fine without the greedy a holes who inserted themselves and said now you're gonna pay more. It would be different if you were paying more for more service and better care, but you're not. It's just the opposite. The reason you pay more now for healthcare is for one reason for health insurance companies. I know you don't believe this but I swear to God, the actual cost of stuff did not go up because the stuff they were greedy. It was to fight insurance. That's what it was for. So insurance, in my opinion, No, people don't deserve to die and be shot, but it is organized criminal activity that we don't call criminal activity. We call it profit. But it's at the expense of healthcare. They call things experimental that are not experimental. They said for years to women, oh, if you got your breast lopped off, you don't need to have any new breast put on that. That's just cosmetic, you know. And fighting has changed some of this, but it's still an immoral, disgusting business, and health insurance specifically is predicated on making profit at the expense of providing healthcare. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, Leave time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer. When you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martina here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five YouTubers, let me know if it's worse now or not anyway? Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I want to go to the phone, Stephen. What's going on with you? Steven?
Speaker 3: Yes, this is mister Barnes here in Aurora.
Speaker 6: Uh, what can I do for you? Man? What's going on?
Speaker 3: I need? I need to go to the grocery store. I don't have any transportation today.
Speaker 6: What happened to you? Oh?
Speaker 3: I can't. I'm visually impaired?
Speaker 6: Are you? And normally, I mean normally you have a ride? What happened?
Speaker 3: I used it yesterday, accessor ride, but I got back too late. I couldn't call for to go today.
Speaker 6: So okay, but normally you use the cessor ride. Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yes? But today my son's girlfriend's car has been it's gotten to an accident, so she can't drive or use it. She did ride the bus yesterday. That's some tea or something. But okay, okay, so that's about it.
Speaker 6: All right. Here's the deal. I need to ask you something, okay, on the on the ride? Is it just today you need it? This is not going to be a continuing problem, right, No, so just today right now is when you need the ride?
Speaker 3: Right, or somebody to go for me, you know. Okay, bring a laptop and order online? Okay, this little phone doesn't do that, all right?
Speaker 6: And we okay? And uh have you ever ordered online before through someone else? Do you have an account set up? You don't have an account set up? What do you need? What do you need today? Steven?
Speaker 3: Uh mil uh uh? Tea? I mean not tea bags but you know uh Arnold Palmer too, the tea.
Speaker 6: Okay? Where do you live? And don't don't give me your exact address, but where do you live? What part of town? Alora? Aurora? And do you order from Kings? Do you go to King Supers? Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, I haven't personally been for several years. My son and his girlfriend have been going for me. But my son passed away.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, when did your son pass away?
Speaker 3: September second of kidney and liver disease. He was only forty three.
Speaker 6: So Steven, here's what I need to know. If if we manage somehow to get you groceries today, what are you going to do the next time you need them. I'm just trying to figure out what's going.
Speaker 3: On, Like, oh, what's probably be able to call access or I, you know, go go again? You know?
Speaker 6: Okay, so you think that, but but you can't do a se But you didn't call assess right in time for today?
Speaker 3: Right, Yes, that's right. I used it yesterday. I went to my way over there on either side of town. But h and I went to the UC House doctor's appointment wednesday, so over here, and they took me over there and took brought me back and you're right one of those buses and it's okay, all right.
Speaker 6: So I want to arrange this for today for you. So anybody have any suggestions, Guys in the studio. I think I could go online and order stuff for you, but see, I don't know what you need, so you need someone to probably sit with you or something. I'm trying to figure out. Anybody have any ideas how we can get this done. Yeah, I have a perfect solution. What's that. I'll do it after the show. Okay, sir, you can pick him up and take him to Kings or else.
Speaker 7: I'll talk to him and I'll pick up the stuff of Kings and drop her over his house.
Speaker 6: He lock, Doc, thank you, thank you so much. I promise you I will. I wanted to get this done. I was trying to figure out how I could do that, being on the air and stuff, and after the show I have another appointment. But but but I was gonna. I think it's one no, no doc. Thank you. Hey, listen, Steven, We're gonna have Deputy Doc wants to help out. Okay, so I'm gonna I'm gonna leave you in his hands. Uh, Kachina is gonna get some information from you, okay. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. By the way, waterpros dot net the best water systems your end prices. You'll never get prices like this thirty one ninety five three ninety five for both a whole house water softening system and reverse osmosis drinking water. You will never touch this price. I'm telling you you won't. Plumbers will charge twelve grand and more. For not even a good system like this waterpros dot net not too good to be true. Three oh three eight six two five five five four Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. So here's the deal we have. Is Steven on okay? Steven is going to get help from deputy Doc. We have open lines at three all three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. Let me get my my uh. I'll get my cam up from my my peeps in the studio. We have Today is car Day, guys, so we are going to talk cars and problems and questions and complaints. So who do we have in the studio for cars? You didn't put anything up there Kachina to let me know. So what's what's going on with Kachino? Okay, I have that. I'm gonna I'm going to activate.
Speaker 7: We have both our experts in tom. Just have Kevin and Jack making as an appearance.
Speaker 6: All right, So guys, anything new with cars or anything of the sort, anything you can shed light on for us?
Speaker 8: Not pretty much the same. You know, we're just pretty steady and just just moving on.
Speaker 6: Yeah. But okay, parts, So here's a problem. You know they never no. But when you say parts are a problem, not a lot of not a lot of parts, right, I mean, what are we talking about when we start a challenge?
Speaker 8: Sometimes because inventory is spread out across town, so you try to get we're spread out across the country. It's the country. So if you need more than four or five parts for one job, you may wait a day, a week. You know, it's hard to tell.
Speaker 6: Okay. So basically you're saying that it depends on the part. I mean that's really what we're saying. Okay, And I have you up and I'm going to just move you over so you don't get in my face. And there are the pretty faces. And okay, Kevin, I often talk about and this is important because I talk about you guys servicing cars while they're under warranty. And so, in other words, you have a car, a new car, and you think for everything you have to go back to the dealer until the warranty expires. But that's that's not the case.
Speaker 8: No, not at all. Now, as long as you keep everything documented, you don't avoid the warranties, you use the proper filters, proper oils everything. Yeah, you're fine, Okay.
Speaker 6: So in essence, then if if you have a car, it's a new car, somebody's under warranty and they are taking it to you. Sure, how do you distinguish what should be done by under the warranty and what you can do for them?
Speaker 8: Well, anything that's covered by warranty, will refer them back to the dealer, you know. Obviously the fluid changes are not. But if there's any repair, we'll give them the option. You know, it's a fifty dollars repair, you can go to the dealer and get it done, or we'll take care of it right now, So either way.
Speaker 6: Okay, And do you have a lot of people who turn to you instead of dealers for that?
Speaker 8: Oh? Sure, yeah, We're just more convenient, especially for the quick services. You don't have to leave your car for a day or two, and you know, things of that sort.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, And Jeff, I have a text here at speaking of warranties, let me find it. And what they want to know is if the dealer tells them there is no problem, and they're afraid there is with the transmission it's still under warranty, and they're convinced. And by the way, I don't believe this, and I'm not convinced that people do this, that they I'm not convinced that people dealers are incentivized by turning down warranty work. So I don't believe it, don't right, guys, don't they get paid from the factory. They don't care, right, you have them?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right, So they have no reason to want you to delay until the warranty runs out, right, none whatsoever? Yeah, okay, but let's just play with that, you know, since they believe that, and they want to know I believe I have a problem, they say, I don't, Jeff, have you ever taken a look at a car that a dealer says doesn't have a problem to help them verify there is a problem.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, most definitely. It's not the most common call we get, but it does come across.
Speaker 6: Or obviously though they have to pay for that. It's not like they can just you know, sure and to take our okay. So when you get a diagnostic that you're sure of or relatively sure and the dealer said there was nothing wrong with it, do you call the dealer directly or do you give that to the consumer, take.
Speaker 10: Documented on the repair order for the customer and then they hand that off to the dealership. If they have questions then obvious, so they can give me a call.
Speaker 6: Have you had this is what I want to know. Have you had dealers call you about it and say we can't find what you're talking about? Yes? I have? Okay, So you you can work with dealers on problems that you see, and Kevin, I imagine the same thing you can too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely, especially with the electrical sum it could be intermittent and they can't see it, and you know, we just get lucky and find it, and you know, they'll take it back. Most of them pretty easy to work with once they get the issue figured out.
Speaker 6: All right now three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five We have more coming up. If you have any problems, question or some complaints, please give us a call and eight eight eight Heating dot Com will do a high efficiency replacement of your older furnace or air conditioner both. Of course, it's best if you're going to do high efficiency get the whole system. But they can save you thirty to forty percent a month on your bills if you think about that, it'll pay for yourself and no time, especially if it's older. Anyway, they have the best prices for the same equipment anywhere. Eight eight eight Heating dot Com three O three seven seven zero two seven seven six Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Troy wants to talk about gun buying. Now. I'm not sure, Troy. Did you call in before? So I know we've had a few calls from time to time about gun buying. Did you call earlier?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Uh so on gun buying, there's really three parts to the uh but let.
Speaker 6: Me ask did you call about this before? Was it your gun buying experience or or are you a dealer? I'm an ffl okay, talk about it. Then we had here's what we had, and then you can call in with whatever you want. But originally we had this dilemma where people would go in and and do the background check. They put a deposit down on a gun, do a background check. If they failed the background check, they didn't get their deposit back. And and I thought, well that's not right. Go ahead.
Speaker 11: Yeah. So when you when you purchased firearm, the you know, the customer walks in the store, the look at the firearms, the artypical on display and they select a firearm. So the next step is the dealer fills it starts the form. It's the ATF forty four seventy three, So on that forty four seventy three, the dealer puts down the serial number of the firearm that's being purchased, so you've committed to that firearm. And then you answer all the questions on the forty four seventy three. Some of them are are you a fellon? Are you any illegal drug user? So you have to answer these questions honestly, and if you fail to answer these questions honestly, you've committed a felony. That's exactly what happened to Hunter Biden. So after you've done your part of the forty four seventy three, then the dealer takes your information and then they initiate the background check. So if the background check comes back denied, uh, then they cannot proceed with the sale. So uh, yeah, it's not a deposit. You've initiated the purchase. You know, you paid the money. Now the challenges the dealer can't uh transfer the farm to you because you failed the background check?
Speaker 6: Okay, but can you get your money back.
Speaker 11: It's going to be up to the dealers.
Speaker 6: Uh. To me, it seems like you should be able to get you you should be able to get your money back.
Speaker 11: Yeah. So if the dealer says, no, you can't have any of your money back, and uh, you know we're going to sell a gun for you, well it's not your gun. You weren't able to receive that gun. So to me, it would be you know some of these uh you know big box stores. You know you're taking up half an hour to forty five minutes that salesperson's time, so you know some of them, Yeah, it seems fair that they charge you know, maybe the ten to fifteen percent that they would get on the sale anyway, you know, just as an inconveniency because when you fell out that form, you're answering the questions and the reason that you most likely failed the background check is you lie one of the answers. Yeah, you lied on the forum, and that's a pelony. So the dealer is also obligated to notify the police department.
Speaker 6: Do they?
Speaker 11: I think you know, the most honest ones will.
Speaker 6: Here's what I want to know. Why do people usually fail?
Speaker 11: Sometimes they've got a domestic violence case is one that will catch them, Okay.
Speaker 6: In other words, if they were arrested for domestic violence, and and does the adjudication of that matter if it was not guilty guilty or dismissed or discharged.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's a matter of whether the do.
Speaker 6: They ask have you been convicted? Or do they ask have you've been arrested? Conviction? Okay, So if.
Speaker 11: There's a denial, then the buyer has the right to call the CBI, and so they can protest the denial.
Speaker 6: Okay. What percentage do you have of people that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, tail, Yeah, my volume is really low.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 11: So I'm a I'm a stall dealer, all right, and I am very collected with who I deal with.
Speaker 6: All right, Thank you very much for the all. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. I'm Tom Martino three O three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Lead Advice. Who you don't have.
Speaker 4: Runious as can shoots gonna help come Man.
Speaker 5: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show Now Tom Martinez.
Speaker 6: One three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. Hey, what's on your mind today? How can we help you? I ask it every single day. Frank durand the real Estate Man can help you by giving you a market valuation of your home before you list. If you want to know what will my house self for? What can I net? What can I buy? If you want to know everything about your house, the neighborhood, the comps, he does that all free. You don't have to list. Most real estate people they sit down, they want a listing. They're not going to do all that. Frank will just call him. He's a great guy. Frank Durand the real Estate Man dot Com three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Welcome to the show. Now let's talk to Deputy D. Deputy D. I can't move the camera because I did away with that crappy, that cappy, crappy video thing. I got a new one coming, and uh, I want to know what are you working on?
Speaker 9: Because she had Yeah, you know, I just got off the phone a couple of minutes ago with Joan. You may recall she called us a couple of maybe two or three weeks ago. She's kind of an elderly lady who's our V caught on fire. Oh yes, and damaged her house. Not to mention the RV getting burnt down to the ground.
Speaker 6: Oh it was terrible, didn't you have No, No, she did insurance.
Speaker 9: Right, she had insurance, and there was a really weird thing that was happening. You know, she got as you remember, it's not very easy to understand where she's going with all these stories. But my understanding is she got about forty to fifty thousand dollars in insurance payments, and at some point somebody from the insurance company demanded a refund of twenty four thousand dollars and threatened her with jail if she doesn't send that money back.
Speaker 6: Oh, we thought maybe that was a scam. That's right. He said she was overpaid and somewhat at the insurance said you have to send it back to us.
Speaker 9: Yeah, now that guy is no longer the insurance company.
Speaker 6: Did he actually cheat her in Well, we don't know. We don't know. Well, did the insurance company acknowledge any of them that they that they did ask for money back?
Speaker 9: Well, I took a slightly different approach I did. Whereas I did track down the guy that she claims demand of the twenty four thousand. I haven't contacted yet that guy yet. Okay, because, okay, go ahead, Because I've been dealing with Matt from Paragon, a public adjuster. You know, he's on our Great of list, right, So I asked him if this is the kind of case he'd like to take on.
Speaker 6: He immediately agreed.
Speaker 9: He's been in touch with this lady and he offered her a contract which she's waiting for her to sign, and then he's going to dig into this.
Speaker 6: Okay, here's what I want to say. She had a fifth wheel trailer. It caught fire on March first of twenty three. All State paid seventy five thousand, three hundred for damages to both her house and via so that was a That was a settlement that I think she should have gotten because she paid off the RV thirty one grand right, and then paid green Gables Restoration for her house damage.
Speaker 9: Well, they didn't fix anything. According to the caller, green Gables washed her walls. But why she paid them fort Well, that's a really good question, and I'm waiting for Matt was okay for the assaults of May.
Speaker 6: Now if you add that up, that's the amount she was paid. So she paid out what they paid her. So in other words, she wasn't trying to keep a lot of money. But then she said all State called back and said you better give us twenty three grand back or we're taking it to court. Yeah, here's what I think happened. I swear to God, I think someone at all State, Yes, this guy, knew she was getting money, knew she was uninformed, and threatened her. It's almost suspicious. Did she make the money? How did she pay back? She sent a check somewhere.
Speaker 9: Well, unfortunately I haven't been able to get a copy of this check from her.
Speaker 6: But okay, this is crazy. So right, we know she's sent twenty four grand somewhere. Did she make it out? To somebody.
Speaker 9: Well, it's not easy to really figure out what she's talking about, but.
Speaker 6: I did ask for a copy, kind of challenged. I think she's extremely confused.
Speaker 9: I think she's elderly, and she's got too much going on, all right, And she does have a job somewhere too, so I think it's just difficult for her to keep everything and you know, in.
Speaker 6: The same place.
Speaker 9: For example, when I spoke with her a few minutes ago, she actually didn't even realize that Matt from Paragon is the insurance adgester that we referred to her.
Speaker 6: So it's gonna take a little bit of handholding.
Speaker 9: And that's why I put so much stock into Matt's forthcoming report on what actually happened.
Speaker 6: All right. So anyway, three zero three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five is our number. And uh, okay, let me go back to the phones now, and uh, who's Oh Danny, Danny, what's happening?
Speaker 3: Hey, Tom?
Speaker 12: How are you doing?
Speaker 6: Good man? What's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 12: Good? Hey, I've got a twenty fifteen hond odyssey.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 12: For a long time now that the automatic flighting doors have sort of been sticking just a little bit. You got to try to open it a few times before it gets past that blockage or something. Yeah, well, if you date back, the poll cable actually just snapped and it's hanging out. You can see it's frayed. So it's not disconnected, it's it's completely snapped off. I'm calling body, how.
Speaker 6: It's a it's a fifteen How many miles on it? I'm just curious, not that this is a mileage thing, but how many miles?
Speaker 12: Dan, it's my wife's car. There's quite a bit. It's probably maybe one hundred and four and thirty something like that.
Speaker 6: Did you did you own it from New.
Speaker 12: No, we bought it used six years ago or so.
Speaker 6: Okay, So the door just guys, have you ever heard of these doors acting up?
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're just like the regular windows, just in a door. It's got a mumble, motor, cables, everything, just like a window regulator would.
Speaker 6: So yeah, they do, bro, what do you do not forever? Yeah? What do you do?
Speaker 8: You pull it apart and replaced the whole mechanism. It's a motor with cables and pulleys and make sure the door pulleys are correct and everything else. It's you know, it's just not a cheap date. It's it's a it's a big job.
Speaker 6: So what is your question about caller or Danny?
Speaker 12: Yeah, so my question, Yeah, my question is I've called a couple of body shops because I figure it's kind of a not it's not a mechanical issue, and they point their fingers at at mechanics.
Speaker 13: And say, no, we don't do that.
Speaker 12: Call mechanic. I called the mechanic and you're like, nah, I don't really do that. That's more body shop thing.
Speaker 6: So my real question, Oh, I get you can't.
Speaker 12: I'm up in Broomfield.
Speaker 3: I don't know who to go.
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, let me ask Kevin. I mean when you say where you are, here's what I've always said. If it's a one time kind of thing, or you know what I'm saying, or or not a routine thing, there's nothing wrong with traveling for a repair, not and go across country. But I mean, for goodness sakes, if you're in Broomfield, you can go down to to share it an auto tech. If he does that, oh yeah, we do it. Okay, there you go, Danny. Okay, shared in auto tech on Wadsworth excuse me on Colfax west of Wadsworth Yep, just west.
Speaker 12: Okay, And this is a pretty big inconvenience. My wife's taking kids to school and the realm is going off all the time because yeh thinks it's open or something. Yeah, how long do we have to wait for an appointment for that?
Speaker 6: Well? Six months, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 8: We would have chech availability on parts, but it's a it's a job that would require about two or three days being down. Yeah, once the parts and everything are there, yep, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, man, you know, but if you wanted to pay for parts, do you do that? Do you order parts that they want to pay for him? And then do you call?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 8: We just we just will have everything ready before he comes in. Absolutely, But we still ask for a couple of two three days for those because they're tricky and they could be a pain.
Speaker 12: So well, don't you need to look at a verse and know which parts?
Speaker 8: Well, if you said, yeah, cars are hanging out, it's pretty obvious.
Speaker 6: But but you wouldn't order parts without you wouldn't.
Speaker 8: We'll get you in on a swing, bye, we call it's just get it in and we'll take a look and then we'll order parts. And make make arrangements.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 12: But I think that this is a symptom of a of a maybe more underlying problem where they were sort of snagging.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 12: I think it finally just gave up. Whether it was you know, constant abuse that just gave up, or one time it just got real bad. But we'd have to pull the handle a few times and it would it would try to open and then it would be beep, beep, and then it would close itself. You do that three or four times and then it worked, which is weird, But we just kind of put up with that for years, and now it's finally gets limits and everything else, everything sort of needs to be aligned.
Speaker 8: No, you're right, and that's something I said in the beginning. We would definitely check the rollinners and police and everything on the door itself.
Speaker 6: Yes, absolutely, Yeah, Yeah, Okay, well that's wonderful.
Speaker 12: I really appreciate that advice. I'll give them a call here in a few minutes.
Speaker 6: They I mean, he's really good people, you'll love it. And uh four five five seventy two forty two three oh three four five five seventy two forty two that shared an auto tech dot Com thank you. Now, let's talk to uh Joe. Yeah, we're gonna We're gonna take a quick break and talk to Joe Kanno about uh guaranteed investments. You don't hear that often, do you? You really don't. And I also want to say about Compass Insurance Group. Something is guaranteed an insurance check up that will either save you money or confirm you're having a great deal. Either way, do it Compass Insurance Group, The Insurance Help Center dot com three oh three nine nine six nine thousand, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take place, make your life a little easier, I hope, Steven. Let's talk about your neighborhood street lights. What's happening?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Good money?
Speaker 15: Com uh generalia? Keep your dever said here, Yeah, I didn't gut too much around in the evening, but a couple of times, yes, they just too many of the seat lights is not working. I came back from a rada about months ago, pulled up on Ice seventy easton it's shallow, it to twenty five and sixteen twenty of those flights on the higher it didn't work.
Speaker 3: So I called it really excel and they.
Speaker 15: Said, can you give me a number of a pold? I said, well, what are you talking about?
Speaker 6: I said that, Yeah, they do have numbers on them. They really do. Yep.
Speaker 15: Well I know, but who's going to ride it up from what driving sixty mile an hour?
Speaker 6: No? I understand that. So, but I mean when you talk about this, Steven, you talk about like it's like the walking dead, like that they're they're going out all over right, I mean, is that what you're talking about or is just a few of them? No?
Speaker 15: No, just because I think it's in the enough sections, you know, like pen is on that breaker or another pain on another breaker. I don't exactly know how it's set up, but.
Speaker 6: Now I do know that a lot of street lights blink now and then do you know what a lot of people don't know what that is. So I'm going to ask my savvy audience, especially my YouTube morons, I want you to weigh in. Why do did you ever walk around and you look up in the street light will go off and then it comes on in about a minute or thirty seconds. Did you know that, Stephen?
Speaker 15: Not exactly, but I've been talking to people a long time ago about that, and they said that the summertime is I issue if it's too hot.
Speaker 6: That's exactly what it is. You're right, it's a it's a thermal sensor, and if they get too hot, they turn off momentarily. And I also, I don't want to get into this because people think I'm weird. But I can make them go off. But I don't want to get into that, and I've I've proven it to people. I can. I can. I can walk near them and make them go off, just like I can make my electric watches stop working. And here's the thing, Stephen, I don't know what to do about this if you have I really they do need to know the locations of those lights, and they do address them, by the way.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I did exactly. I oh, we're here on the south color out of the boulevard, three in a row, and I give them a phone numberger blocks, you know, twenty seven.
Speaker 6: Are they still out?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Well actually in the middle of a summer. And I originally called it about two and a half months ago. One pole was broke off about Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was like, here, No, I want to ask you some Stephen, why do you care about I mean, I don't mean to be a smart pot, but why do you care?
Speaker 15: Well, if they don't need it, shut it down, take it out of there. We don't be paid for it.
Speaker 6: You know, who does you and me for street lights? I guess, I guess. I mean some neighborhoods pay for their own.
Speaker 15: Well a few know, it's all paid by the city. Oh so I thank you, especially now it's five o'clock. It's dark in a you know, fall in the winter, and that's pretty good.
Speaker 6: Anyway, After after you reported the blocks and the address, did did they finally start working?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 15: No, no, but U, man.
Speaker 6: Who exactly, who exactly did you call? Steven?
Speaker 15: Well, that's what I'm looking for. They gave me a local number, but you just call a regular Excel number.
Speaker 6: I don't think Excel is no. I don't think Okay, maybe Excel.
Speaker 15: I think if that's my number, if that's the locate.
Speaker 6: But our municipalities, I'm maybe I'm wrong. I thought municipalities are in charge of their own street lights. But maybe I'm wrong. I just is Excel the one you call? But they took your call and they were willing to look into it if you had a number. Is that what they said?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, well you know what. I don't know what to tell you. I hope that I don't know. I mean, this is not something we can call on without numbers either, So more power to you, I hope. I wish you well in getting street lights working people. I'll tell you what. I'm guessing he doesn't have a lot of going on in his life as far as things to worry about, because I don't think I've ever says Excel is responsible. Okay, good, No, that's good, but they still need to know where specifically, I think a number. I want to say something else though, Speaking of lights, am I the only one? And it is car day car guys. I need to know where to God, I need to know this. Am I the only one who has noticed that? In Colorado, especially Colorado and the Denver metro area, there is a large there. There are people who drive around without lights on at night. What the hell? I've come up on people and they were like a black car with no lights or dark blue and I come up on them and all of a sudden they tap their break lights. I can see, and all of a sudden I see them. But break lights are the only things working. Or they might have little tiny day runners in the front, but they what is it? They don't know how to turn on headlights.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's just the thing is they've got their day runners on and they think they're seeing They don't realize people aren't seeing them.
Speaker 6: They go, but you know, I have day runners, I have day runners, and I have something called auto and when it gets dark, it turns on the regular headlights. Right. A lot of cars must do that, right.
Speaker 10: Most of them setting where you can turn that peak're off. So if they've just got it on the d r T, then that's all they're going to get.
Speaker 6: D r O. Okay, so there's a setting for just day running lights. Correct.
Speaker 7: But you know what though, Tom and people for the most part leave it on on.
Speaker 6: Oh but not Okay, then I've seen a lot of morons. Oh sorry, I don't mean that against you guys on on the YouTube there, but I've seen a lot of idiots driving around in the dark, and I got it under I have to think can they see? I mean, and and you know, I try to flash my lights to let them know they're a danger. They truly are a danger. I mean day day runners. I you know, a lot of people do think day runners are exactly the same as night lights, but they're not. I guess do some cars do some cars have the same intensity on the day runners as they do the night ones. Guys, do you know?
Speaker 7: Okay, yes, next time we have John Fuller on, we should ask him if you're in an accident with a car that doesn't have its headlights on, can you prove excuse.
Speaker 6: Me, somebody give him CPR. Please, let somebody give him jump on his chest. Come on.
Speaker 7: Other than a dash cam, is there a way to prove that the lights are off during the at the time of the accident, Kevin.
Speaker 8: No, unless you've got a video like a cam or something from a business. There's no way to go back and see.
Speaker 6: No, unless you unless the guy is keeled over in the in the cockpit and you go over there and the lights are off. Sure, I mean, I don't know. And does it matter. I think it would. That would be some liability there if you ran into someone, if you ran up on somebody. I'm serious. Have you guys ever experienced that yourself? Where you come up and there they're damn near. They're so hard to see. I see day. So here's what you see in Denver more than anywhere in the country. Expired plates, no plates, and no headlights, no lights on at night. Sure, I mean, but they're cracking down in Aurora now on headlights, I mean on expired.
Speaker 12: Hand.
Speaker 6: Well, there were people that literally never got registered. They just drove around without insurance and registration and everything. They didn't care. Nobody was doing anything. Colorado for a while was truly becoming the wild West, you know. And with shoplifting. You know, I don't see shoplifting like I used to, but I do see it still now and then, and still nobody's doing anything about it. I mean, it's definitely not as rampant as it was. And I think a lot of that has to do with public pressure. I really do, because certainly it wasn't the police, and it wasn't our governor, it wasn't our law enforcementar DA is I mean none of that. California, of course, they recriminalize shoplifting now, not the first time. They still have the first time nine hundred fifty or whatever, one thousand, but second ones and third ones are crimes now and then they got rid of that. Do nothing La DA District Attorney. I think, I think the pendulum is swinging back to law and order. And I don't mean law and order in a bad way. I just mean, you know, not being not taking advantage of people. We have more coming up. I'm Tom Martinez. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hello Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right, let's uh talk to Danny. Danny. What's happening?
Speaker 3: Danny?
Speaker 16: Hey, how are you guys?
Speaker 6: Good? What's going on? Man?
Speaker 16: Late August? Yeah, so late August I worked for a U A property management contracted me to do about eighty cents.
Speaker 3: Of a wooden fence, right, eighty c.
Speaker 16: He told me she was gonna yeah, eighty c got it. He told me that she was going to pay half of it and the neighbor was going to pay the other half.
Speaker 6: And this was for the management company, or was it for two houses?
Speaker 16: It was one of them was a management company and the other one was a regular homeowner.
Speaker 6: Okay, And and you said, okay, so keep going. What happened then?
Speaker 16: So then you know she came out and she liked the fence. She goes, oh, by the way, can you make a gate for me just like you did for the property management. And I told her, okay, find no problem. I got the fence done. You know, I took a little long to build her.
Speaker 12: But when I went to.
Speaker 6: Build her, how long did you take to bill her?
Speaker 16: I would say about twenty days, okay, off the top of my head.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 16: So then you know I gave her the invoice. I left her the invoice on her door, waited about ten days.
Speaker 17: She didn't reply.
Speaker 16: I went I had another invoice, and I caught her outside right she was walking out the same time as I was going to give her the paperwork, and she goes, no, I'm going to pay you at the end of August.
Speaker 18: I mean at the end of October.
Speaker 6: Listen, let me, let me, let me do this. Let me cut right through too. I just need to know did you get paid or not?
Speaker 16: No, I haven't gotten paid by her.
Speaker 6: Okay. Now what I need to know is your your contract is with who?
Speaker 3: That's the problem.
Speaker 16: I didn't get nothing in writing.
Speaker 6: Okay. Now did the management company pay? Did the management company pay you for their half? Yes?
Speaker 19: They did.
Speaker 6: Okay. Now did you tell the management company that this homeowner is not paying because they can assess her, well, I left, I.
Speaker 16: Left another bill, and she actually called the bandage company and complaints.
Speaker 6: You know that I would I would put a lien on her house. I would put a lien on her house. That's all I would do. And then if she says she doesn't owe it, I'd put a lien on her house, and she'd have to prove she doesn't owe it, literally prove that. And then you're going to use the ho not the HOI, but the management company as your evidence.
Speaker 16: Right, So don't take her small claims court.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well you could do that, but first put a lien on there. If you why not put a lien on there, and then small claims court would perfect the lean. I would do a lean first. First, you do a notice of a lien. Wait a minute, Wait a minute, When was this job completed? You only have a certain when was the job completed?
Speaker 16: Uh, you know, it took me two days. So at the end of you know, let's say the beginning of September.
Speaker 6: Oh, September October. Oh oh man, you're you're done. You're I don't think you can. I don't think you can put a lien on it anymore. I don't think so. I think you only have four months from the last time you were on the job. So wait, so September, when did you finish the job? You might have time? Wait, wait, you might have You only have a certain amount of time, and I'm looking it up on the law, but how long does Okay? So if you have enough time, put a lien on it or go to small claims court. Either one. Because if you go to small claims court and get a judgment, that judgment can be a lien on the property. So that's a way around it.
Speaker 16: Okay, So I still have time minimum to take her to small claims court, right?
Speaker 6: Oh? For sure? On that you have a few years. Yeah, you can do that.
Speaker 16: Okay, okay, God my heart stopped there for a minute.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, you have time for a small claim. I was just trying. Usually a lien does the job. But let me find out here in Colorado it says here four months I was right after the last job. So if you stopped working there in September, do you remember when in September?
Speaker 16: I mean I'm driving in the car, but just.
Speaker 6: Roughly, bro just roughly roughly?
Speaker 20: Was it the beginning like the end of August?
Speaker 6: All right, let's say the end of August, so you had September, October, November, you have a court. If it was the end of August and really the end of August, and let's say the last day of August, then you have September, October, November, and all of December to file a LEEN. But you have to do a ten day notice first. I would file a LEEN immediately. Let her contest it. I wouldn't worry about it. I would file a LEEN immediately. You can follow it up with small claims court. But before you do a LEEN, you have to do a ten day notice. Look at if you don't know how to do it yourself, it's going to be a little difficult. Do you know how to file a lean? No?
Speaker 16: I don't, but I you know, I'm pretty savvy on the computer.
Speaker 18: I can figure it out.
Speaker 6: Good. That's okay, cool, because here's here's what you do. You look it up because far serve a notice of intent to lean ten days prior to filing. After you do that, then you can file okay A and the notice must include a copy of the completed and notarized lean statement. So you got to get a lean statement, So look it up online and then then once you do that Colorado, it says here you need to do it, and you need to do it within four months of the completion of the job.
Speaker 16: All right, okay, perfect, thank you guys.
Speaker 6: Let me know what happens. I think it's terrible when people don't get paid. Did she give you an excuse for not paying at all? Did she do anything like that?
Speaker 16: Nothing, She's just uh, she's pretty much ghosted me.
Speaker 6: Okay. Well, oh man, I'm telling you that that is uh, that is a pain in the butt. There's nothing you can do about it except put a lien on it. Take her to small Claim Scourt three oh three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. By the way, one clear Choice Garage Doors great people. If you need them twenty four to seven because your garage door won't close or anything like that, you can call them. That's one. Clear Choice Doors dot Com. The website and all of their prices are on there. Or call them for help adjusting doors, new openers, parts of doors seven to zero, three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven one clear Choice doores dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com you don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martine here three three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Let's talk. Let's find out what's new, what we can do for you. Bob, he has a question about a motor two thousand and nine Silver Row. This is a Silverado truck twenty five hundred, Bob, what's going on? Man?
Speaker 18: Hey, Tom, thanks for taking my call. So I'll start off by saying I'm already made an appointment with shared an auto tech. I talked to Isaiah this morning and I'm gonna bring it in on Tuesday morning. But I think I've run this by you by Kevin, maybe ahead of time, so I have sure I have it started making a noise on the motor so you know, I'm.
Speaker 6: Fairly how many miles how many miles.
Speaker 18: Ninety six thousand, Okay, that's not a lot on that, Okay, okay, so I'm fairly handy. So I thought, well, maybe it's the tension poli or the Isler POLICEO.
Speaker 6: I want to hit what kind of what kind of a noise? There's all kinds of noises. You got squeaks, You've got squeals, you got creaks, and you have taps and you have knocks.
Speaker 18: It's not a tap. It doesn't sound like like it doesn't sound like valves. It doesn't sound like a rod going out. It's like a man I don't know how to explain.
Speaker 8: More like a whirling noise.
Speaker 6: Is it a screen?
Speaker 18: And well sort of it picks up with RPM if you give you give it a little bit more RPMs just you know which I didn't give it much, but that noise will pick up with the RPMs.
Speaker 6: It's you've heard of a whining You've heard of a whining belt, right, yeah, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's not that so whatever.
Speaker 14: He let me just finish.
Speaker 18: I have a mechanic I've been going to for a long time. I took it over there when the tension or pulley and the isler pulley didn't work, and he says, that sounds like the water pump. He replaced the water pump. That wasn't it. He called you, and he says, hey, I replaced it, but there's no charge. I misdiagnosed it, he says, I'm not going to charge you for it. He says, I'll be honest, I don't know what it is. So yeah, so it's it's and he's pretty good. But I know Kevin has a bigger shop, and you know, I've been wanting to go there and take it in, you know, for oil change and stuff like that. Oh, he went ahead and done an oil change. We put in synthetic along with a can of MLA. So he said he thought maybe that might help. But it was due for an oil change anyway. You know, I had my light come on that said, you know, oil change, oil soon. So anyway, I'm bringing it in Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Mon.
Speaker 6: No, we'll figure it out. I'm not worried.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you have what do you think?
Speaker 6: What do you think is?
Speaker 8: I mean the drivability, Well, it seems like it's running. Okay, just make a noise so yeah, we just get in. We got a statscope, we've got different hearing aids we can use to get in there.
Speaker 6: We'll figure it out.
Speaker 18: I'm sure you will. I just thought i'd give you a little food for thought.
Speaker 6: So the mechanics man, you know, that's really I mean fixing. You got to have skill to fix things, but really to troubleshoot and find things, that's the hard. Would something like that throw a code? I mean, is that crazy to even ask unless.
Speaker 8: You had an alternator or something going out that may throw a code and cause a noise. But yeah, it's going to be a bolterer, police alignments.
Speaker 6: Something got to be if it if it's going with the RPM, it's got to be something like that. And it's not a knock or a tick.
Speaker 8: Now, the first thing we'll do is pull a belt off and start it and see if the noise is still there? Oh really yeah yeah yeah, and go from there.
Speaker 18: Yeah. I replaced the tension pully and is there only one belt on that thing?
Speaker 21: One big one, big serpentine yep, yep, yep, okay, And I looked at it, you know when I of course, when I replaced at tension or pulling the island pulley.
Speaker 18: You have to take that all apart. And I looked at it when I had to part, and it's got a couple of little cracks, but it didn't look laz It didn't look like there was anything really shilly there or something.
Speaker 8: Sometimes you need to get a belt just doesn't want to sit on a new pulley, you know. So you got new pulleys and the water pump intents, you should have replaced the belt probably at that time as well. They just break in together. Well really yeah, like I said, we'll figure it out. First thing we'll do is yea and go from there.
Speaker 14: That was good, all right, thank you very much?
Speaker 6: Sel okay man, I appreciate it. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I have time for a text or two. Let me find it here, don connor, I should bring it up, okay. So on my uh, this guy has a truck as well, and he heard that luvered what do you call those things in the back and the I don't have the text in front of me, he said, the louvered lift gate, the tailgate or putting the tailgate down saves on gasoline? Is that true?
Speaker 10: Guys, No, not really, I'm alexuality. The Mythboosters actually did an entire show on that and found it. Actually, with the tailgate up, driving down a road, you gets your best feel economy.
Speaker 6: Okay, well that's good to know. I didn't know that. Okay, we got more coming up. Bob's got a question about a motor keep it up three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Oh no, well I guess Bob, we answered. So get some new calls in. You're listening to the troubleshooter. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 12: Ripped of.
Speaker 2: New needs who you don't have?
Speaker 4: Come runnxious as snass as we can show Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 5: Six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 6: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three A two five five Welcome. What can we do for you? Just give me a call and we can help you solve problems, answer questions and take complaints. Jerry is a caller who wants to talk about seven Ford f one fifty. Today is car Day. We have Kevin coalkin with us from Shardan Auto Tech. We also have Jeff Vic from Kimmera Transmission. This hour brought to you by Wave eight Wealth Management, my financial advisory company, and I feel free to call us, to text us, or to email us. You can email us through the website invest with Martino dot com. Dozens and dozens of people I thank for taking the leap of faith and having reviews. They love what they found. Some people didn't need us, some people shouldn't be investing, and you know, it all depends on your situation. One thing I did was I did what I always wanted done for me. Direct, honest to God, transparent information. And some who had their money where their mouth was and wasn't just talking or wasn't just taking my money and placing it elsewhere? If you want that kind of attention three oh three seven seven to one help, you can also text that three O three seven seven to one four three five seven. You can also go to invest with Martino dot com. The name of the company is Wave eight Financial or Wave eight Wealth Management. And by the way, thank you for everyone who's responded. I really appreciate it. I also want to talk about a cars today, like a heater core. You know, heater cores are very troublesome. How long do they last? Guys, Kevin, Jeff, We've talked about heater cores for a long time over the years. When do they actually go out? Or do they never go out? I mean, is it luck of the draw?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 6: What tell me about heater cores?
Speaker 8: They will start leaking. You know, the older cars used to have solid brass heater course though they'd last forever, and now the newer ones are kind of an aluminum with plastic and they don't. They're about ten, ten to fifteen years on the most.
Speaker 6: Okay, so sir, let's hear about your issue with Jerry with the heater core. Or a question about your heater cores two thousand and seven f one fifty.
Speaker 19: Hey, thanks Tom for taking my call. Yeah, Jerry, Hey, my daughter has a two thousand and seven f one fifty four by four and she's in Louisville, Kentucky, and she had the it's got about one hundred and seventy thousand miles on the truck and she's got she just changed the thermostat or had someone do that, and that didn't help. She's not getting any heat coming out. And I just wondered where should if they if Kevin or you know where I could have it take?
Speaker 6: Is she where is she located?
Speaker 19: Did you say Louisville, Kentucky?
Speaker 6: Yeah, she should drive over to Kevin. Yeah, he'll pull a he'll pull a code. He'll he'll pull a code. Hey listen, man, what are the symptoms?
Speaker 12: Well, just no heat.
Speaker 6: And when you say no heat, is there air?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: Is the temperature gate showing that the car's warming up?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It does show that.
Speaker 8: The Next thing you want to do is check there's two heater hoses, one inlet one outlet, check and see if they're the same temperature. Where do you find those heaters underneath? The hood going into the firewall. Probably on the passenger side.
Speaker 6: There's always Are they hoses or are they like ducks?
Speaker 8: They're hoses, two heater hoses about oh an inch and a half two inch hoses. They got to be the same temperature. That well, you know, the heat's getting in there. And if that's the case, then it's probably an actuator, a dooor in the ash. That's not closing problem.
Speaker 6: But would the but would he feel air? That's why I asked about air. You have ice cold air because the blend door's not opening properly. Okay, okay, but you got it.
Speaker 8: To simple check. Just put your hand on the hoses. They should both be the same temperature once a.
Speaker 6: What if one is? What if they're not at the same temperature, Well, then you have a circulation problem. You could have a plugged up heater core. Could you have a thermostat problem or not?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 8: Typically no, but possibly said they just changed it though, so that's probably not it.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, So on a blend door, they're they're literally little.
Speaker 8: Flapper doors, right yeah, yeah, little motor on top that opens and closes.
Speaker 6: And they're actuated by what a computer?
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, if you set your car on hot, it opens all the way hot. If you set it unwarmed, you got half cold half hot air coming through.
Speaker 6: It just blends. It blends the air. And so it does it blend it with outside air? It can, Yes, well normally that's how it works.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's just it's just a temperature control. You get fifty to fifty hot and cold for warm and summertime. You turn the hot off all the way, it knows which way to go. But if it doesn't look the door, you don't get the heat or the cold.
Speaker 6: Or the other. So, Kevin, is it using air conditioning sometimes sometimes?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I just changed the actuaighter in my TA.
Speaker 6: I mean, even if you don't have your air conditioner on in order to reach the proper temperature, it blends them.
Speaker 8: It does.
Speaker 9: But also, Kevin, doesn't the air conditioner come on whenever you use the defrostropheature? Yeah, it's like because it dries the air right exactly, umidifier.
Speaker 6: Okay, So Jerry, she needs to She's not in town here obviously, so you need to find someone out there that you trust and and and have them check it. I mean, does she go to a regular mechanic.
Speaker 19: You know, not really. Uh, she just moved there from another part of Kentucky and she don't know one there. But also, what would something like that cost if it is the heater cor? Maybe Kevin could answer that.
Speaker 8: You got to pull the dash out to get to them. So you're probably in the you know, twelve fifteen hundred dollars range to do a heater cor in the truck.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, it's a fad, big job.
Speaker 19: Okayl you wow going to a Ford dealership.
Speaker 6: Well maybe for the initial diag yeah, but the repair.
Speaker 8: I mean it's tough when you don't know anybody in town though, That's that's the hard part, right yeah, yes, okay.
Speaker 19: Well that gives me an idea, and I appreciate your time, all.
Speaker 6: Right, thank you? Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 11: So I got some.
Speaker 6: Distressing news here about uh Wash Park Grill. I don't know if any of you've eaten there, but no, I saw that that's what happened there, tax seizure by the Yeah, they have they have great everything. I mean they have spectacular food for a little neighborhood restaurant. Spectacular food. Some of that food would fool you. You'd think you're at a you're at a fancy restaurant. I swear to god, I mean places pack They had some stay we go there a lot. They had some steak and they had these oh man, all these not just steak steaks, nothing, but man they have Oh so you've been there, Kevin.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I love the place. Yeah, the French.
Speaker 6: That's out of your neck of the woods. Yeah, I love the so. Man. So apparently they owe back taxes, sales tax and I don't know about what other taxes, but I was reading a little bit about it. It's kind of sad. It's kind of sad, and so basically, uh, they may not come out of it, and we're losing a lot of neighborhood restaurants. You know, I agree, we really are, And I think that's a sad thing. But I mean, you know, what are you gonna do if you don't pay taxes? And one thing, they don't tolerate unpaid taxes. I think that's something they've never you noticed, They've always they've they've relaxed in this state and other states on car thieves, and they've relaxed on shoplifting and they've relaxed on a lot of things, car registrations from time to time, but never ever, ever, when it comes to taxes, that's one thing they do not tolerate.
Speaker 8: Now, they don't play with that at all.
Speaker 6: No, and and that's that's no matter who you are. Yeah, but you are correct before the state. It's not like you're you know, No, that's true now, No, that's true for sure. So uh, let's see, it's Tom wants to talk about a paint job. Tom, go ahead, what's happening.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, I have a bit of a problem with the paint as the cuteness on my car. There's a different code than the paint give us apply to my card.
Speaker 6: I had no wait wait, wait, wait, how wait what I don't get what you just said that the code that came with your car is different than the actual paint on your car.
Speaker 17: Yes, but the paint on my car was supposed to be at a stated that the red acknowledge it. It's a stone blue metallic. I got into a little bit of a sandstore and the code on my door is a C eight is a bluet.
Speaker 6: I get it. So, So when you take when you when when somebody mixed up the code on the door, or looked at it and you saw a sample of it. It's absolutely different than what is actually on your truck or car. As your car, they.
Speaker 17: Painted the car according to the code c ATE distant code.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 17: They painted my hood and my fenders and my roof with the blue talent my car was manufactured was called a stone right.
Speaker 6: Well, well, were they idiots or could they see the difference or did you walk up and say, wait a minute, I mean, how did that work?
Speaker 17: I was able to see it. It was in their body shop.
Speaker 6: I understand that. But couldn't they see it? Couldn't they see it wasn't matching?
Speaker 17: Apparently not because I took it back twice to him.
Speaker 6: No, No, wait a minute, hold on, Tom, hold on. These body people work on cars all the time, and they paint this damn thing. They didn't paint the whole thing, right, just the damage part right, yes, okay, And then they hand it over to you, and no one notices that there's two different color paints on there.
Speaker 17: Until I pointed out to him and they say, that's the coach saw the door.
Speaker 6: Okay, oh okay, what if black was on the door? I mean come on, you know, that's such a super excuse. But I want to know this. Are they really close or are they not close at all?
Speaker 17: To me, They're not close at all of the other people I've had to look at it. As a matter of fact, the issues company and had the talk to a third party that they recommended, told them that it wasn't the same color, that there was a problem with it, and they still want to head and repeat it the same color. And there's a third time I took it back because of blousy or did take it for a repair.
Speaker 6: Of my Well, apparently it must be close. It must be close. I mean, I'm not saying you're wrong, but I mean otherwise people would just say, why do you have stripes? A striped car or a patched car? I mean, if I walked up to your car, would I immediately say, what the heck's going on?
Speaker 17: If you look at it and right in the right light, in the right direction, yes, you just walked up to the hood and look at.
Speaker 6: You But if you're okay, then that tells me. That tells me it's pretty dang. How do you, by the way, how do you know that it's not the right code? I'm just curious. How do you know?
Speaker 17: Oh, I've called Ford and or different to bly. They say that's the code, and that's it. The reason I know it's not the code just because you look the code up says metallic blue mecaalic. It doesn't say it doesn't say stone livercal.
Speaker 6: I know that. But what I'm asking is, how do you know that your car had from the factory stone blue metallic? Was it on the Maroni sticker or something?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes, okay?
Speaker 17: For motor company has Nuer has.
Speaker 6: Said okay, got it?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 6: According to the vin and according to the Maroni sticker it says stone blue metallic absolutely stif But according to the code on the door, it's just some other blue metallic.
Speaker 17: Lie metallics, just strictly metality.
Speaker 6: I do apologize, I'm have missed this. Are you the first owner of this car? Yes?
Speaker 14: Okay, because if you're the second owner, the first owner may have painted it.
Speaker 8: But if you're yeah, but this.
Speaker 6: Is a yeah, yeah, this is a and And besides, the Maroney sticker says something different than the door code. That's really what I find strange.
Speaker 12: And and.
Speaker 17: He is supposed to be.
Speaker 6: Okay. Are they willing to do anything about. Is it still under warranty?
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, I should. You got seventeen thousand miles on it?
Speaker 6: Okay, well, so what is that a three year war? Is it a three year or a five year or four year?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 6: How many years?
Speaker 17: I don't know, but it was, it was, it was hailed.
Speaker 6: Okay, if it's under warranty, I'd make If it's under warranty, I'd make him painted.
Speaker 17: How the world do I get past the people I've talked to that says that's as far as we're going. We're not We're not ob best of any responsibility.
Speaker 6: Okay, how much will it cost to paint the truck? It's it's a Ford Explorer. I call them trucks.
Speaker 18: I get it.
Speaker 6: It is a car. Or it's an suv. It's an suv. You're right, So how much would it cost to paint that? Do you know?
Speaker 17: I have no idea?
Speaker 6: How much of it was repainted? The the uh regular blue metallity.
Speaker 17: The defenders, the grill, and for some reason painted the whole top of the car.
Speaker 6: All right, here's what here's what we need to do. We need you need one one step at a time. Tom. You need to get a price and if it's seventy five hundred or under, I taken the small claims court. In fact, if it was more than that, I taken the small claims court to get the seventy five hundred. At least, I think you'll win. I don't see how they win. If they did, they did your wrong. I don't care if the codes on there, If it came from the factory with one thing and this code on the door says the other thing. You have two conflicting things. It's not your fault, it's their fault. And I would take literally, what's that?
Speaker 12: Who's fault? Is their fault?
Speaker 17: Body shot?
Speaker 6: No, okay, it's everybody's fault. First of all, it's it's Ford's fault. It's Ford's fault. And you know what, we should give this to somebody to work on. Who wants to take this on? I'm serious, this is a good one. Well we'll decide that during the break. I got to take a break on Tom Martinez three O three seven one three A two five to five. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check, up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martina here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three two five five. We got Kevin Colkins shared an auto tech. We've got Jeff K. Kimmera transmission. We have Deputy Dollar in the studio. Deputy Doc is Boe in the studio too. No he's not, he's not in studio, but he is available, right, and he's taking that other problem right. No, I'm going to actually Doc took it over or Doc took it okay. And then we have Deputy d here. Uh. We we have man. We've never had a stronger, stronger crew ever, I mean, just all expertise in all different areas. And now Robert wants to talk about a problem with a purchase at an auto auction or a possible I'm not, no, no, not a problem about purchasing at an auction. Go ahead, Robert, Hi, Tom.
Speaker 21: I'm going to be going to the make a auto auction in January in Florida, and I just want to know if you or your car experts have had any experience buying from the auction. I'm going in as a bitter.
Speaker 6: I've never heard of that particular auction. You know, I heard of Barrett and all the others, But who is this one? Do you guys know about it? Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, meek Them's up there with the rest of them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, okay, So guys, do you have any thoughts on the auto auctions? Well I do. You've never heard a problem with Meekham or you know, any of the biggies. See, no, they have these flawless transactions. That's not going to be where your problem is. But they're not big on disclosure. They don't have to be, and in fact, they don't want to be. They don't want to be responsible at all. So what do you do about checking out what you're bidding on?
Speaker 11: Sir?
Speaker 6: That's what I want to know.
Speaker 21: Well, I have it with you know, go and look at them when they're on the display floor.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 21: That's about all you can maybe if you look on car facts, if you could, you know, get on the computer and check it out ahead of time.
Speaker 6: Now, cosmetically they're very honest, circle everything and try to show you every flaw. The problem is they don't know a lot necessarily about the are when it comes to mechanically. Now, what year, what vintage, what make? What model? What are you looking at?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 21: I was looking at possibly a late model vehicle, nothing Pacific sit in or maybe an SUV. I thought it was going to be a good deal. I could take a flyer on it. Finally, other concern was trying to get it a smaller proof here in Colorado. I do have a backup plan. My son lives out in Mantro, so maybe I could get it registered through him through Montros.
Speaker 6: Well, I want to ask you something, what I mean, do you do you know the make, model or whatever you want or that you would prefer.
Speaker 21: I would prefer a Toyota because I like the reliability of Toyota. Maybe an Accura, maybe.
Speaker 6: The Do you like Japanese Japanese cars?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it seems like you're taking a big gris for not a lot of savings though, right right.
Speaker 6: Why do you think do you think you're going to get a good deal. Most auctions don't sell for any cheaper than, in fact, sometimes more than negotiating good deals on the outside. But why do you feel this meatum auction might present deals for you.
Speaker 21: Well, it's going to be over two thousand cars, so you have a smartasboard of a bunch of vehicles over almost a week.
Speaker 6: It was one of their largest That's right. You do have a wonderful selection. It depends on who goes yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 21: Well that was my main attraction to it. We'd have such a variety and it may be something there that catch most two would catch my eye. I maybe a Corvette from the nineties or or two thousand.
Speaker 6: Okay, you want to go for you want to go for fun, and then you might get a deal. But you're not going to be stupid about it just because just because I get it. That's that's cool. You know. I did that one time for motor homes. I did that one time for motor homes, and here's what I found. If consumers are let in there at all, it sucks if you go with a dealer, and dealers tend to be more sensible when it comes to bidding. But when they're public auctions, Guys, do you feel the same way if the dealer auctions work a lot differently than public most definitely. Yeah, you'll get much better deals at a dealer auction because dealers don't get stupid. Now, what's really bad and they don't like it is when a dealer brings a friend who secretly wants it. And that's what they did with me, because a dealer won't pay what a consumer will, and the dealer I'm with wouldn't pay it either, but they know that I want it, So it's really cheating kinda Is this when you're going to a dealer auction?
Speaker 21: No, it's open to the public. You just have to sign up as a bidder. So although you could probably.
Speaker 6: Go in as a dealer, because they don't, Yeah, but that dealers won't dealers won't go to usually they might, but dealers usually don't want to mess with public auctions. I mean they are public auctions, but what I mean is they don't usually want to compete with consumers. Consumers are stupid when they because I don't mean stupid in a bad way, if they find something they like, like I found a motor home that I was perfectly willing to pay a certain amount of money on and it was a giant savings, giant savings, but for a dealer it wasn't because a dealer wanted to make the spread. So an it's kind of unfair you go to a dealer auction as a consumer in your mind, or if you go as a dealer and you want it for yourself. But they do it all the time. They do it all the time, So good luck to you, man. I mean, if you're asking what to do that meets them at these guys say is a great name and they've been around so that the transaction will be handled properly. I think you just have to do your due diligence. And if you get a good enough price, you know, remember you have have a number of things to talk about, the price versus the condition, and then the shipping to ship a vehicle properly is gonna be up to three grand.
Speaker 21: See I was thinking they're driving it back.
Speaker 6: Oh well then you don't have it if that's what you want to do, so I mean you can do that. And and guys, when you talk about auctions, do they ever let people check how much can you check a car out. I've not been to one of these beer you know, the ones east of town.
Speaker 8: You could drive them like in the parking lot, but you can't take them out on the road and drive. You can hook scanners to them, pull codes to Oh you can, you can. Each one's different, Each one has different rules, so you got to you gotta see what they will allow. But some don't allow minor checkups. Yeah, and I can't tell you how many small time dealers I know that. You know, they picked up a card auction, find out that need prepairs, look to take it back.
Speaker 10: I've even had some of them. Hey, just put a band aid on this thing. It's just got to roll the twenty five feet through the auction house.
Speaker 8: I can get rid of it.
Speaker 6: So you gotta be careful. Yeah, that's right, that's right. Auctions are where a lot of junk goes too, Because listen, most cars, if they can be sold retail, they're going to be sold retail. But listen, Robert, I, like I said, the question is that that auction doesn't bring up any red flags. That's the good news. Would you do us a favor and let us know what you get? I will, No, No, we would love to. I would love to follow up on stuff like this. Patrick, you want to talk about purchasing a pickup truck?
Speaker 14: Go ahead, Patrick, Hey, Tom, thanks to taking my call. Yes, sir, I'm just wondering if guys might be able to give me some general advice if I give him some parameters on a vehicle.
Speaker 6: Go ahead.
Speaker 14: I'm in the market. I'm in the market for a new work truck and excuse me, looking for a three quarter ton gas maybe twenty twenty or newer partial to GM would buy the right forward, refuse to buy a Dodge. So with those parameters, anything you would guide me towards or warn me against.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, the F one fifty is like the standard. I don't mean it's the best looking or the best I mean people, just guys, am I wrong on that? Kevin and Jevart. Isn't that still the number one vehicle in the world?
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, they have some great fleet deals for one of the reasons why they sell them the way they do. As far as the Ford is concerned, you know, if you're dealing with the ten speed, if it hasn't already had a transmission, then plan on putting one in.
Speaker 6: Oh really? Oh? Really.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the ten speed's falling on his face all over at what miles? Sure, I've seen him as low as thirty seven thousand miles. But this gout was called a CDF drum, and it spins out of bushing inside there. It's a problem with every last one of them.
Speaker 12: No fortune.
Speaker 6: And again, what would you guys get if you had no No, these guys work on them all the time. Okay, Jeff, if you were to buy a three quarter ton gasoline pickup, what would you buy?
Speaker 8: We are you hauling? Pulling?
Speaker 6: What you what are you going to do with it? Uh?
Speaker 14: It's going to be loaded down with tools.
Speaker 10: I mean I'm preferable to Chevy anyway.
Speaker 14: So yeah, I generally am too so, But in that timeframe twenty twenty, a new or anything that's particularly troublesome, bothering. You know, this thing's been recalled a lot, this thing you see them in your shop a lot, anything like that.
Speaker 10: Well, if you know, the eight speed Chevy had a very similar problem as the ten speed Forward, So there's there're a high rate of failure inside them. And there's actually a class action lawsuit on that one right now, So I would I would severe away from the eight speed.
Speaker 8: They're also having issues with a few of the motors in those years too.
Speaker 6: All right, I got to take this break, but if you had a specific question you can hang. We're going to move on. Three oh three seven one three A two five to five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Donald wants to talk about oil changes twenty twenty four Ford F two fifty Go ahead, man, what's going on? Donald?
Speaker 19: Hey, I just bought a new truck.
Speaker 22: After driving my truck for twenty five years and used to be like two thousand miles. You change your oil and now it's like eight thousand miles to oil change, and I'm only about twenty five hundred miles into it, So I was gonna see what Kevin's opinion is on oil changes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Kevin and Jeff by the way, because you know what a lot of people are taken aback a bit by the intervals in oil change recommendations nowadays, along with recommendations on transmissions. That'll sock you. But what about it, guys, what do they recommend Donald? Did you say on that one on the twenty twenty four you have a four two fifty.
Speaker 22: Yeah, it's saying eight thousand miles to my first oil change?
Speaker 6: And then what do they say after that?
Speaker 22: Roughly about the same about eight thousand miles between oil changes?
Speaker 6: I do ten right now on my beamer. I did. It was hard for me to do that, but in ten thousand miles it sees nowhere. I mean, Kevin and you guys, with the new synthetics and stuff, what do you think I think.
Speaker 8: Eight to ten is still too far. I, you know, find cost for the cost involved and replaced stale engine and the cost involved in the maintenance. I go five to seven depending on how you're driving. If it's highway, I'll go seven. If it's in ten and I'll go five.
Speaker 6: I just don't know, even with synthetics and semisynthetics.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm the same way, and quite frankly, you know, some of the biggest things you can do is make sure you're using a good quality brown oil when you do change it, and even more importantly, go to the higher and oil filters the lower do break down.
Speaker 6: When did you buy it? Donald, September fourth, oh Man, Can I ask how much was it loaded?
Speaker 12: No, it's an XLT.
Speaker 22: It's it was cheaper than buying an F one fifty with the stuff I needed for it.
Speaker 14: So what.
Speaker 22: Yeah, SLT is way cheaper on an F two fifty for what I want to toe and what I want to haul than get in an F one fifty.
Speaker 6: Well, since we don't know who you are, your last name or anything, tell us how much it costs.
Speaker 22: You out the door.
Speaker 3: I was fifty five.
Speaker 6: That's not bad at all for that. That's an F two fifty. What would a one to fifty What would an F one to fifty of costs with the same stuff.
Speaker 22: Would probably out the door? Wou probably be about fifty five to forty nine thousand.
Speaker 6: Well, it would be the same then you're saying they're both the same.
Speaker 22: Pretty damn close.
Speaker 6: Guys, does that surprise you that the two the one fifty two fifty are about the same.
Speaker 10: Probably both gas burners, I'm guessing yeah, both gas Yes, yeah, yep, No, let's be about right.
Speaker 8: That's where they are.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so what's the benefit of the two fifties heavier? That's it?
Speaker 8: No, you've got to hire a weight capacity.
Speaker 6: Is it is the same? Look? No, no, they are different. Okay, what color did you get?
Speaker 22: Uh got like a gum barrel gray or something like that.
Speaker 3: They call it, okay, the blackout package. It's a nice looking truck. It's just yeah.
Speaker 6: So so he's they're saying that, I hear the consensus. Five thousand miles people are texting me the same thing. They're saying they.
Speaker 22: Would you think like the first oil change, like break in period? Do you think I should change it at three thousand or should I wait till five?
Speaker 10: Now you can go to five?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, okay, okay.
Speaker 6: Okay, thanks Donald three all three seven, one three A two five five go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So Truman wants to talk about good vibrations. Not necessarily they're high gear vibrations. Let's talk about it, Truman. What's happening on the Truman Show?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I wish I was getting that royalty.
Speaker 3: Yeah one, I excuse me.
Speaker 13: And when I'm driving down the highway.
Speaker 20: It's about sixty miles an hour, I'll fill a vibration.
Speaker 13: It feels like it's in the transmission.
Speaker 6: And this is a twenty eighteen Chevy Silverada, right.
Speaker 20: Right, okay, go ahead, and about every it'll quit, and then about every three hundred.
Speaker 6: Yards it'll do it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 10: Yours is eighth speed I'm assuming what's that uses the eighth speed? Yes, yeah, so they have a lot of problems with the torque version there. They're known for shutter issues. They actually had tsb's on them changing out to a different type of fluid. But over time or you know, if it's gone on too long for too many miles, it can burn the converter up itself, and then you're looking at getting into that transmission.
Speaker 6: Okay, if he didn't burn it up, what it would take to fix it?
Speaker 10: You literally want to flush out, completely flush out all the original fluid and you want to change it with the Mobile one blue label.
Speaker 13: Okay, okay, yeah, because I only have thirty nine thousand miles on it.
Speaker 10: So yeah, so there's a good possibility you're feeling to a converter shutter.
Speaker 6: Why is that on a new truck? Why would that happen?
Speaker 10: The fluid they used from the factory was not sufficient and so they had repeated problems with them.
Speaker 13: Wow, okay, so Mobile Blue you said.
Speaker 10: Yes, the Blue Alvin.
Speaker 6: Okay, and so do all of them do that on the hps.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there was a TSB on all of them, so that when they came into the into the dealerships. They were they were flushing all of these trucks.
Speaker 6: Wow, well, at least you found out Truman before any harm. Right, Let us know how it goes, all right, Man.
Speaker 8: Good luck.
Speaker 6: Those are beautiful Those are beautiful trucks. We have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven to one three talk another hour ago, so they'll stick around for more fun in games. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 2: Two new needed that so you don't have a.
Speaker 14: Running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 6: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino, Welcome to the show. Three zero three, seven, one three talk seven one three, eight, two five five Here with the gang on car Day, helping you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints and maybe give you a better ride. You know, so many people have issues they want to talk about. And somebody texted us, speaking of rides, how much difference does it make on a ride of a car to have your tires, you know, change like for example, what they're asking is do the type of tire and the price you pay the quality of tire make a difference.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you get the low profile and it's a it's a rough ride, you know. Cheap tires right, like cheap tires, you know they just.
Speaker 6: All come on cheap low profile aren't necessarily.
Speaker 8: No no, no, I meant cheap and then the low the low profile is just very very tough.
Speaker 6: On the ride. Good hand, When you say cheap tires, seriously, if you have a tire and it's the same size and one's cheaper and one's more expensive, come.
Speaker 8: On, not just based on that, but there's some very very cheap tires out there that you cannot get a.
Speaker 6: Smooth What makes them a bad ride? Just quality of construction? Come on, really seriously, Okay, what about installation and balancing and all that.
Speaker 8: Well, everything being equal, it's still a better tire is going to ride better.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, I mean, uh, give me an idea of types of tires that would ride better or worse. Are snow tires notoriously better or worse?
Speaker 10: Well, snow tires are gonna you know, they're made just for that. They're a softer compound, so you actually get a better grip on the snow. But if you're using that on the pavement, it's gonna wear out significantly faster.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to wear out significantly faster. But what about the ride?
Speaker 10: The ride will be pretty mushy and on watuality a lot of times it will Yeah, not great. You mean, no, they'll still be good, But I mean you're not gonna if you were using those all throughout the year, you're gonna get put less efficient fuel economy and you're gonna wear them out faster.
Speaker 6: Right because there's snow tires so so basically all weather tires are not really efficient in anyone.
Speaker 10: No, they're meant to be in all around so that you don't have to be swapping them out. And Colorado changed it a while ago where they the tire actually has to be labeled for that all weather.
Speaker 6: What do you mean if it's not right?
Speaker 10: They have they have in order to be to be sold here in Colorado, they had to be a certain construction and they had to be labeled so that you could bring them in here, similar to what they did with our muscle or a catalytic converters.
Speaker 6: It has that little snowflake.
Speaker 9: And CSP will give you a ticket if you're caught without one blocking trap.
Speaker 6: On really okay, interesting Truman, we were talking about his uh you know what he thought of as far as on the highway he feels this shutter, And we talked about do you have anything else, Truman? Or did we covered Oh no, he's off. Okay, good, I thought so three all three seven one three A two five five. So if you had to think of vehicles that inherently have problems like that, where as soon as you get it, you got to do this, or you got to do that, like you said, you got to flush this out or you got to do this. Are there a lot of those cars that you've made note of? I think it would be a good idea to put together a list, some kind of master list on if you buy this, do this? Does that? Do you know what I'm saying? I really mean that if you buy this, do this? What do you think are there? Are there a lot of tips that you could come up with if you really put your mind to it.
Speaker 10: Well, you could probably go through any vehicle and come up with lists like that. That's the reason why you see tsbs and recalls as a matter of you know, for Chevy speed.
Speaker 6: If I'm talking about more not necessarily like that flushing thing, was that a recaller of TSB was a TSB?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 6: It was okay? So do people check tsbs when they buy a car?
Speaker 10: They haven't called and they need to ask for any So I don't really don't think so.
Speaker 6: But you know I can do. The car facts doesn't talk about that.
Speaker 10: Car Facts won't talk about that. I mean, if you know, if I pull up, for example, that eighteen Chevy that we were just talking about, and I go to Protmann and I go on the list here, you know I can count easily over just going through it real quick, one hundred and fifty different tsbs on that truck.
Speaker 6: All right, So basically I got another question here from somebody who doesn't want to call but they have a two thousand verson Okay, a twenty eleven Ford Ranger. Sometimes when I turn the key to start, it'll turn over but not start. Well, then it doesn't turn over, it cranks, I think, is what he means. Well, yeah, it turns over. I get. So it turns around, but it doesn't start. And then I'll turn it back to the off position. When I turn it on again to start, it fires up. What would that be, so in other words, a two thousand even wold Ranger?
Speaker 8: He goes, yeh yeah, yah, yea, yeah, it'd be a fuel pump prime.
Speaker 6: Then he does it again and it starts after he turns it off.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's priming the pump and the first crank, and then it'll start on the second. You could have a week fuel pump.
Speaker 6: Well, even if he's priming the pump on the first one, why doesn't it start after it's primed?
Speaker 8: It does starts after the second time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But why does he have to turn it off to turn it back on just.
Speaker 8: Because the first five seconds of the crank prime field pump cycles of fuel pump?
Speaker 6: Okay, so it be left out on for ten seconds, wouldn't go.
Speaker 8: It's a relay. It'll go five seconds and shuts of.
Speaker 6: Oh I didn't realize. Wait a minute, are you telling me that that that literally you have a cut off on those I never really. Yeah, you can't leave the key on and the pump pump don't key pumping, though it won't. So if you leave the keyon and start cranking a car, there are some cars that'll stop you from cranking.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 10: No, he's when you first turn the key on, it's going to charge, basically charge the fuel system. It's going to pressurize it, so that fuel pump comes on for about five seconds and then it shuts off. If you've got a weak system already, that might not be sufficient in order to create enough pressure for the popoff injector. So you cycle it again and now you've boosted up your pressure.
Speaker 6: World fire, Okay, it has nothing to do with the cranking. No, it has to do with the electric. Is the fuel pump electric? Yes, yes, So when you turn the key on before you start it, your pump is pumping. Yeah.
Speaker 10: And if you if you stick your head out most of the time in most vehicle you can actually hear that pope cycling.
Speaker 6: So in my car where I don't turn anything on. I just sit in it and press a button because if the fob's in my pocket or you know whatever, So it's a proximity key. So I sit in there and press the button. What's going on? Is it priming at the same time it's starting.
Speaker 10: It's probably will. You'll notice it. Even when you push the button, there's a momentary delay, so it's still going to.
Speaker 8: Cycle that pump, you know.
Speaker 6: Actually, sometimes I've noticed, Wait a minute, sometimes I notice when I walk up and sit in the car, I hear things starting. So does the key signal the car to get going to start? And some it does. It's a proximity it'ses you're coming. Yep, Okay, I thought about that where I heard things happening and something else like wap modules. Yeah, I've never realized that. And then a lot of times, I can't tell you many times I walk away from my car after turning it off. Somebody says, sir, you left your car running, and I didn't. But it's going inside the engine here. It's some fan. I mean cars often do that right nowadays. Oh yeah, what is it doing cooling down?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's still cooling off, So you've got an electric fan on there, and it's going to continue to cycle until it reaches a desired temperature.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, so it doesn't just shut off. I mean some cars do, right, I mean, I guess the newer the cars, the more crazy crap they have to do as far as cycling and waking up modules. But I did realize that. So when I'm approaching my car, I do notice things happening, like well, first of all, I hear a little click, and then I hear the mirrors come out. But so so what it's doing is getting ready for you to enter. And then what is the other thing that cars the remote starts? What do they do? Did they wake up modules first and prime and do all that or how do they? Yeah?
Speaker 10: And in a case of diesels, you know, if it's cold outside, it's going to cycle the glo plugs. But yeah, they're doing the exact same thing you are when you turn the key.
Speaker 6: Okay. And as far as cars that have buttons, uh do they also? I don't think I have a Do they have key somewhere a keyhole somewhere?
Speaker 3: Some do?
Speaker 8: It just depends. I mean, you can pull the fob apart. That may be an emergency key or something.
Speaker 10: Particularly for the door.
Speaker 6: No, no, I know there's a key, the key and the fob, but there's no place to put the key in the car except in the glove compartment and and in this you know, right, there's no place. There's no ignition, so to speak.
Speaker 10: On some models, I believe you're right. You can pop the button off and there's actually an condition.
Speaker 6: Okay, now, I know in Mercedes they had something you could just that's right, you could pop it off in the key and actually the button fit in the key hole and it was like and you can either press it or pull it out and use a key and turn it. But I don't know if that's like that on most cars or a lot of cars. In fact, my button isn't even on where the key would be. My button is over on the side. Now, I mean most buttons are can be anywhere, right, I mean, so I wouldn't I, to be honest with you, I wouldn't know. I never even thought of it if I pressed the button in and didn't do anything, or where there is there is no key hole that I know of. Oh here's another thing. One time we had a car that had a battery out and so the fob wouldn't open it, right, And and I said, well, how do you open it? So I took the key out of the fob. But then there's no apparent keyhole on the doors. Right. Have you ever noticed these guys and the doors right? Yeah, yeah, there's a freaking plastic thing you got to pop off and there's a hidden keyhole. I mean it's crazy, the way in their efforts to make everything so streamlined. Now with my kids, Tesla, you walk up to it, if you got the card or the phone thing, it opens, It opens. I mean, you don't do anything. You open, You open it in and press the pedal because you have that card on that black card on you. But that's weird because what will I often wondered what happens if something goes wrong with that system of your card's not working. I just don't know how you would. There's no place to put a key in a Tesla, is there? I mean there's no key. They don't even make a key. I don't know of any keys. Do you guys know enough about Tesla's I guess the markets are I could ask me now my son's Tesla. I don't believe we own a key anywhere, so there's no place to stick it in. So there's a black card, and then you can program more cards if you want to have other people have a card, or you can put an app on your phone. And I'm wondering how long it's going to take for people to hack those to where they can take it and steal a car. I don't. To me, it's probably more secure than a key, even though people talk about hacking. I have to believe it's such an encrypted code. It would be like getting a bitcoin wallet in order to start one of those teslas. But I know I'm talking which craft to you guys, because you guys are gear heads. And by the way, do you have anybody in your shops that are learning electric cars? Yeah?
Speaker 8: We take classes all the time as they come up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but Kevin, you might be on a beach long before that happens.
Speaker 8: I might be, but the business may still be there mailing me every month. Who knows.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's true. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three O three seven, one, three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insure paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five B your turn? What's going on with you? B?
Speaker 1: I just have a quick question, Tom, I am going to be getting a revocable trust. Yes, I want to know if I can drop my liability to limits on my auto policy, drop my umbrella, and drop just my liability to limits on my auto policy and my homeowners policy. Since I don't know why what?
Speaker 6: Okay, hold on now because you don't owe, because you don't own anything, is what you're saying, Yes, okay, So your theory is there's not much they can come after because stuff is in your trust. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay, No, that's not so if they are revocable Okay, a revocable trust. A revocable trust is set up for for convenience, and you can be ordered to dissolve those Really, yeah, an irrevocable trust irrevocable. An irrevocable trust is a different story.
Speaker 1: So if I had an irrevocable trust, could I drop my liability limits to you know, not state minimums, But I don't need to carry five hundred one million dollars worth of coverage.
Speaker 6: Well you're assuming, then, now listen carefully. You're assuming there's nothing they can take from you if you literally have nothing they can go after. Yes, you could drop, yeah, you could drop limiss a lot. But I want to ask you something b this is really important on your trust though. I wanted to get an answer for you if I can quickly get maybe Dan McKenzie on because there is something about a trust that people do offshore for a reason too. Now offshore, because here's the problem. Irrevocable trusts I believe still have some weaknesses. I believe. Maybe I'm wrong, but because and the reason I say that is because there's a reason they do Offshore trusts, and offshore trusts are trust that cannot be forced open. So Anyway, here's what I'd like to do. I'd like to ask Kaschina. Can you get Dan mckenzion real quick for a quick question on your revocable trusts? Okay, good, hold on, we'll come right back to you. Bennett. What's going on with you? Bennett? Welcome? What's happening?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 13: My wife had state farm condo insurance. She made two claims. One well, both were due to hail. One was for the shingles that got submitted.
Speaker 6: The other one was wait, wait a minute, wait a minute, on a con on a condo. She made a roof claim. Yes, on a condo or was it a town home?
Speaker 13: No, it's a condo.
Speaker 6: Well, how do you make a roof claim on a condo?
Speaker 12: Was she?
Speaker 6: Normally that's the HOA that does that.
Speaker 13: Well, the h OA paid for it, but it was put in through her insurance.
Speaker 6: Well that doesn't make sense to me, So you help me. Help me understand this, Bennett. Your wife had a condo. How many condos were in this building?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 13: A good number. I'm not exactly sure how many.
Speaker 6: Okay, so let me get this straight. Then what happened? Probably correct me if I'm wrong. There was a roof damage. There was a big deductible where the insurance didn't pay all of it, and then they put assessments against the owners. Your wife one of them, and she took that assessment and had her insurance pay it.
Speaker 13: Yes, I think that's what happened.
Speaker 6: That's the only way it's going to pay for a roof. So that's called loss assess lost damage. Yeah, it's a lost assessment coverage. So she put an acclaim for her loft lost assessment coverage, and what happened.
Speaker 13: Everything got covered on that.
Speaker 6: That was fine.
Speaker 13: Yeah, she also put another coming in after that, or some water damage that was inside in a closet.
Speaker 6: Okay, So she'll she'll definitely.
Speaker 13: Be canceled, okay, and then no one else can pick us up.
Speaker 6: Well, god, you know what that? No, you can go to a high risk Well you no, No, you'll get insurance. You're just going to pay out the nose. Okay, did you were you told you can no longer get insurance.
Speaker 13: That's not true, well, not necessarily, but all the companies she's called so far, I say, no, no, we can't do that.
Speaker 6: That's right. If you had two claims, if you had two claims in five years, they don't want you. I suggest you got to find a high risk.
Speaker 13: Crew with the claim though the second claim.
Speaker 6: Oh, I know, that's what's crazy. That's what's crazy about it, Bennett, just inquiring about it counts against you.
Speaker 13: It's messed up.
Speaker 6: It's totally messed up. If you would listen to this one, if you called about hail damage on your roof, listen to this carefully, and and they came out and found no damage, and half of your neighborhood did not have hail and half did, so there was no damage and no claim. It counts against you. Jeez. Yeah, yeah, So listen, man. I would call Compass Insurance Group and I would say, can you please give me a quote? Because they're good people, And that's what I would do, And and they'll find a high risk. It's going to be for a little while. You're going to have to do that. Three oh three seven one three A two five five. Hold on, Sandy, what is your question on bankruptcy? Sandy? Hello? Yes, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 6: I just need to find out.
Speaker 1: Is a decree for a divorce, the payout for a divorce if it's a mossy pound, is any of that able to be bankrupted.
Speaker 6: No, you can't bankrupt on a on a worst decree. It's yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, now.
Speaker 6: It depends on what it is. If it was a credit card obligation or something you Yeah, you can bankrupt out of them. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right, let's talk and find out what we can do for you. UM don't have our state attorney on. I'm still trying to get them, though, dear, So hang on, Mike, you have a question about alignment twenty nineteen Toyota rap Go ahead.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I call a couple different places, and one says you do Yeah, rotate the t and then't do the alignment. Another place told me to do the alignment and then rotate. Rotate the tires first, and then.
Speaker 6: Oh well, it would say, I would think. I don't know. I mean, guys, doesn't it seem wise to first rotate then you do your alignment because you have the new tires on there?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you want to align it to the tires. You don't want to move the tires after the alignment.
Speaker 20: Oh okay, so rotate the tires.
Speaker 8: Whoever's doing the alignment can just rotate him real quick and then do the alignment.
Speaker 20: Yeah. No, it was just somebody said you do it the other way.
Speaker 3: Another guy.
Speaker 8: I don't agree.
Speaker 6: Yeah, who told but that that doesn't even make sense once you align with tires but new tires on. In essence, that's what you're doing. You're screwing everything up. So I'm glad you called. I'm glad you called. The ultimate authority is here anyway, thank you very much. Uh three O three seven one three eight two five five. So, uh, what's the latest on our state attorney Kachina. She's working on it, okay, So uh, all right, let's just talk about this then, I'm gonna go to my I'm gonna go to my folder here, Deputy Dimitri tells me. Deputy detaells me that according to the Internet, there are a lot of people actually sympathizing, possibly that they don't even really know the motive, but they're assuming they know the motive for that shooter against that insurance CEO. What are they saying, what were they surmising, well for concluding or or suspecting or speculating whatever.
Speaker 9: Well, the speculation, and I think it's quite plausible, is that this man had lost it's the loved one to the insurance company's greed and corruption.
Speaker 6: And this is not in healthcare, had the biggest rejection rate there is in the industry.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Yeah, I'm not surprised to hear that, And especially when you consider how his bullets were labeled that lay, deny and deposed. So this man lost at least one loved one to what he believes is their mouth Hee's.
Speaker 6: I don't want to make this sound like we are on board with this. No, I'm serious when I say this, I mean we're not. It's not a wink wink, and nobody, look at nobody deserves to be shot in the back dead. But if you can understand the rage, maybe he lost someone. But the chatter online is disturbingly for him.
Speaker 9: It's overwhelmingly in his favor because look at how many people have been have been wronged by health insurance companies, and how many people have lost loved ones to health insurance companies greed. So this may be an act of righteous retribution THO in illegal shooting of course, right, So I'm not prepared to condemn this man until I learn more about him and his motivation.
Speaker 6: All right, we're trying to get on. As I said our state attorney to answer the question on trust.
Speaker 8: That didn't make any sense. Why wouldn't you condemn him just for the shooting regardless of what?
Speaker 7: Are you serious?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Well, I acknowledged that the shooting was illegal.
Speaker 6: Condemn him. You can't shoot somebody in cold blood. You can't condemn Are you saying?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 6: Wait, I didn't know. I didn't know if D was saying that or you D. Are you saying that's what people are saying?
Speaker 9: That's what people are.
Speaker 6: Saying and I believe the same thing. What do you believe?
Speaker 9: I believe that this man lost somebody that was very important to him.
Speaker 6: Well, let's say he did justify murdering cold blood, that's right. I don't think it does either. Obviously it doesn't. Are you trying to say when you say not condemn him? Are you saying that I don't know what you're saying? D Are you saying that that that.
Speaker 9: You can understand I can understand his rage if that's really what drove him to this act.
Speaker 6: You're not saying it was right. I'm not saying it was right.
Speaker 9: I acknowledge that it was illegal, but I think that there is a lot more.
Speaker 6: Hold on.
Speaker 9: Just wait, doc, he's not done yet. Hold on, go ahead, then then you then once, I mean, the facts will come out. This guy is gonna get caught. There's video of him without a mask on, and he's gonna get caught, and then his story will be available to all of us.
Speaker 6: Okay, here's what I want to know.
Speaker 7: To meet for your pausing words by saying, you admit it's illegal, but you won't say that. How can you even not condemn somebody who shoots somebody in cold blood, regardless of the motivation. He shot him from behind in cold blood. What in God's name can justify.
Speaker 6: That Okay, we're gonna find out where Let's let's say this. Let's say this doc. I don't think d is saying we should go out and kill people we disagree with definitely.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I definitely am against killing people.
Speaker 6: Okay. I think what he's saying is we don't know the depth of his motivation. We don't know what drove him. Let's say now, I don't think, by the way, there was something that egregious that could do it. But let's say in another world or in a plot in a movie, there's a guy in the insurance and I don't think this happened, but there's a guy in the insurance business who learns that this procedure should be approved, but it's going to put him over the top and it's not going to get his bonus, and he plots to get this thing tonight. You know what I'm saying. Obviously, I think that's what people are doing. They're they're putting things on this that we don't even know. I think if you read on the internet, they're saying, you know, my sister was turned down one time and she didn't get this, and she didn't get that. They're all taking their own personal experience and rage, saying, you know it serves them right. Have you read some of the comments, Doc, Yeah, but but Tom, I'm not justifying it. I'm not saying it it's ever justified. I'm not saying that for sure. I'm not. I know you're not agreeing with it.
Speaker 7: And the people, the people who are putting it online are sitting at their computers doing it. They're not they're not looking face to face into his family and friends who just had somebody shot in cold blood.
Speaker 9: What about the family and friends of the man that may have lost his loved one or loved one we don't know that insurance company is called blood.
Speaker 7: Murder is not the answer, Dmitri. Murder in cold blood from a coward who shot him in the back is not the answer. Put the guy in jail, whatever you want to do.
Speaker 9: But I didn't say that's the answer, Doc. I said that's the Doc. I didn't say that was the answer. It certainly is not the answer. But that may be the motivation.
Speaker 7: I understand the motivation. But you're saying you can't condemn him, and I'm saying, I don't care what the motivation is. Cold blood and murder by a coward from behind is never to be It has to be condemned.
Speaker 6: Okay, Doc.
Speaker 9: When concentration camps were liberated by the Allies, some German guards were literally torn apart to pieces to death by the prisoners in these in these camps. Those are all extra legal executions. Would you condemned those people? Of course, you were condemned the prisoners for killing.
Speaker 6: No, we wouldn't condemn. We would condemn them. We would condemn the arms.
Speaker 9: Why why isn't this analogous to the prisoners exercising righteous retribution against the German guards and prison camps.
Speaker 6: It is not because he did not personally don Well, we don't even know, we don't have any idea, we don't have any idea.
Speaker 7: But not do anything personally to this man's family. Well, I'm thinking head decision. But he did not do something mino and mono to this person's family.
Speaker 9: Oh, I agree, But he sets the tone in the course of the corporation. But Doc, he sets the course of the corporation.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, this is no Tom.
Speaker 7: Let me just say one thing.
Speaker 6: I agree with you, Doc. By the way, I don't think there's justification for murder. For God's sakes, Okay, I want to make I'm not sure I'm hearing Dimitri right. I mean, I don't think he's saying there's justification for murder. I think he just said that. I think he's saying, we don't know if there was. It doesn't matter. It does not matter.
Speaker 7: You can't take the law into your own hands in this country, in this day and age, and when people can't think of a legitimate argument, they always go back to Nazism, all right.
Speaker 6: Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oll three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Hey, what an exciting day of all kinds of calls, problems, questions, complaints, My goodness, gracious. Anyway, I want to remind you who we have on Kevincolkin shared an auto tech dot com three oh three four five five seventy two forty two. Jeff Thick Kimera Transmission and h he's at Transmissions Denver dot com three oh three six nine three fourteen hundred and we're talking about cars. And I do have a few extra texts here. We've answered this a million times. I think we did, but I'm going to say it again. What is What does Kevin and Jeff think? What do they think of the They didn't say that they said about car guys? What do they think of the lifetime transmission sealed units?
Speaker 10: Well, as long as you wait until the unit goes down as lasted its lifetime.
Speaker 6: No, really, if you owned one, what would you do? What would you do if you owned one?
Speaker 10: For now thirty six thousand mine?
Speaker 8: Else?
Speaker 6: When they say they're re sealed, I mean, is it like you can't get in them?
Speaker 10: No, you can get in them. They've removed the dipsticks, so you've got to access them from underneath the vehicle. And so that your average consumer does not have the ability to check their fluid, add to their fluid, change their fluid.
Speaker 8: And some do have internal filters and that way you just change fluid, but at least change the fluid.
Speaker 6: Okay, So you can change the fluid, but the filter you may not be able to correct. Okay, how important talking about that? How important is changing a transmission filter in general?
Speaker 10: Well, I mean the micron rating is going to break down over time, just like your engine oil. You know you're going to get some debris. It's naturally caused in there, and you want to dispose of.
Speaker 6: It, all right. So anyway, guys, if you have a problem, question or complaint, you can always call three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six, and of course leave your number and your message and we'll get back to you. Remember, save all your problems for me.