Speaker 1: Can we do this every Monday? So blessed to have her on board. She is a meditation instructor, a sound healer and sound pathologist. She is a yoga teacher too and also a life coach, astrologer, and numerologists and more. Sahara Ali with Mindful Monday, Good Morning, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning Dominique, and Good Morning ka Bla family. Welcome to Mindful Monday, where we prepare our minds for the week by setting positive intentions, honoring our mind and body through meditation, prayer and affirmation. As we step unapologetically into the week, rooted in purpose, power, wisdom, truth and faith. We're blessed with several celestial influences inviting karmen, closure, grounded self reflection, and deep emotional release. This week, the cosmic call to action is to surrender control, face reality with Gray's trusting divine order. Our transformational journey begins with the Sun, Mercury and Venus and Virgo leading into Friday. Or listen to Friday's full moon moonery eclipse and Pisces Hi Hi. It's a crazy week. This eclipse represents completion and life course shifts, breaking things open and giving us an energetic push to release old patterns and stagnation. Under the piss's full moon, it's time to act on our dreams, not just talk about them. To surrender healing and expanded consciousness, we gain insight and clarity. This cycle is a true walk through the valley of the shadow of death, fearing no evil as it pushes us beyond our comfort zone. We gain deep inside by setting new intentions, taking out the trash and letting go to let God. It's a leap of faith, bringing spiritual growth through self acceptance, courage, and prayer. The call to action is to soften our hearts, release ego, and listen to the wisdom of our soul. The time has come to release the bs and trust that is safe. To embrace our power on apologetically opening ourselves to receive fulfillment of our long awaited dreams. We level walk the greater the blessing, So get busy releasing what no longer serves. Our lives are our highest good is by Felicia or Mary J would say, no more drama in my life, no hater ration or holoerration. So going forward, let's lean into our mindful Monday meditation. Take a breath, gather your senses. Anchor your feet to the floor, get comfortable and just breathe. Breathe, allowing yourself to be right here, right now, feeling centered and grounded and letting go. Being right here in this moment. Prust your hands on your lap, pomed down, relaxing with each inhale and excel. Just breathe, honoring the light within as you breathe, connecting to purpose, aligning with your soul's tasks. I'll just be right here, right now in how slowly exhale and open to wisdom from the most high. As you breathe, relax and call on the power of divine wisdom. Allow yourself to open your heart and mind, ready to release and let go, binding your center with each breath, mindfully connecting to your wholeness. Just breathe, Relax and let go and trust the world behind your eyes. Give yourself permission to be in present time, calming your mind, letting go and letting God, connecting to inner wisdom and inner truth. Embrace your center, filling grounded, and slowly breathe, calling on your angels for guidance. And as you let go, let God and relax. Breathe and listen for divine inner wisdom. Be on purpose in this moment. Fill your heart. Breathe, connect to your soul's light. Give yourself permission to be in love with yourself and honor and celebrate all of who you are in this present time, Right here, right now. Breathe, feeling centered and anchor, making it safe to lean into divine order. In this moment of stillness, Call on the most high. Call on your ancestors. Ask them to light the way and guide a new path of healing, of success and fulfillment. Breathe. Feel grounded in truth. Listen for clarity with every breath in all parts of your being. Relax. Breathe in love, feeling empowered as you surrender the past. You surrender fear, you surrender stagnation. Be right here, right now, loving and honoring your divine purpose. Ready to level up. Breathe, allowing miracles to unfold in your life with ease and grace. Breathe trusting the world behind your eyes, honoring visions of happiness, abundance, and fulfillment. Give yourself permission to manifest positive change. Give yourself mission to be bold and ready to live your best life, Promising yourself to trust the power within to be unapologetically and live on purpose with love of self. Relax slowly breathe, send to yourself. Connect, be right here, right now, felling anchored and grounded, and listen with an open heart, feeling the power of truth and wisdom moving through you. Be right here, right now, breathing clarity, trusting the grace of change, unfolding with ease and quiet your mind and send to yourself and open yourself to receive our mindful Monday affirmation. Today, I give myself permission to face reality, trusting divine order and change, manifesting my highest good with grace and ease. Today, I give myself permission to face reality, trusting divine order and change, manifesting my highest good with grace and ease. Relax and breathe, feeling grounded and centered and bringing your awareness back to present time. Giving your self permission to face reality, trusting divine order, manifesting your highest goods with grace and ease, bringing your awareness back feeling centered and grounded. Thank you, Dominique. To have a smiling miles in the fifteen eighty kb a La family, have an unapologetic, less full looing eclips week and stay focused on your power and your purpose. And remember Mary j no hater ration, holration.
Speaker 1: In this dancery. You forgot the dancery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess our lives is like a dancer. Reason.
Speaker 1: So a Virgo Virgo Virgo we got. We got all this Virgo energy. And then a full moon in Pisces.
Speaker 2: See yeah, in the opposition full moons when the moon is well, the sun is opposite the moon. That's why we get a full boom because it's the light. And so we have a lot, it's a lot of Virgo stuff going on. On the twenty second, the sun enters Virgo for four weeks. On the twenty fifth, Mercury moves into Virgo, supporting clarity and organization. And on the twenty eighth, we have the lunary clips in Pisces, and it's aiding us to break free from the path and to move in through the future, manifesting change. However, this lunary clips starts on Thursday night and all the way to Friday. It's kind of Craig Craig, and we also have we also have Mercury and Virgo square Uranus asking us to think outside the box and to work on inside of truth as opposed to illusions, and also to step away from any friction. So you know, with a cool move and a lunary clips and the Virgo like because you think of Virgo, Virgo is purification, Virgo is analytical, and in Virgo is exalted. Virgo helps us get organized, It helps us take the trash out, It helps us have discerning It can be very critical and judgmental, but it also gives us that discerning dynamic that we need to make change with the Pisces opposition, we have to work really hard to not be delusional about the reality that's in front of us. Believe people when they tell you who they are, let go, when spiracs let go, and especially under this eclipse, you know there's a lot of gang going on. So just be mindful of what your truth is and don't go for the okie doke. And I don't know how to say it any other way.
Speaker 1: All right, pay attention face reality. That's pretty straightforward. Sahara Ali will return with us. So if you have a question or comment eight hundred and nine two fifteen eighty. If not, you know, I do, I do. I felt like I was in a mercury retrograde eclipse twilight zone yesterday, and so I shall buckle up for the week ahead. We did face reality, though we did. We got bag in the car and drove back to LA listening to KBLA Talk fifteen eighty. You know, we were talking with James this morning about how you know, how this massive report does or does not help the fire victims, fire survivors there in Altadena. You are an Altadena Pasadena community member yourself, and I know that some of those fire survivors have come to you for treatment and counseling and you know, sound treatments, healings, life coaching. Are you I feel like it's been so long without meaningful relief for them? Are you seeing people holding on to hope? Or you talk about the you know, the eclipse energy and the Virgo energy means we got to face reality. How is this hitting?
Speaker 2: It's so it's on so many levels, because there are some people who are liquid and they are still going on, and there are so many people that's displaced. I have several teenagers that I see and it's because they're all living in one place, sleeping on a couch. They don't they don't feel centered or grounded and there's deep depression. And then the real thing is there's a lot of politics going on with this, okay, and there's a lot of there's a lot of confusion, and the things that they're asking of people really doesn't make sense. I know one of my clients, everything in our house burned and she went to go get supported and they said, well, do you have your ss car? Do you have your birth certificate? And she says it burned in the fire, and they says, well, go get it and then come back. Now, you know that is insensitive, it is disrespectful, but I know politics is politics. But the other thing is that it is very daunting, it is very very traumatic, and some people are having deep emotional psychosis coming to the surface. And it's really interesting. For the men, it's initiating crazy perversions. Their wives are like he wants this and not and this. It's just really interesting how people manage stressed differently. But what really hurts my heart is the kids. The kids, they don't understand. They feel ashamed because they have to go to school and they're going to school with kids who have everything, and they don't have everything. They don't have their clothes, they don't have their memories, and then the people that are liquid, they are frustrated with the politics of trying to rebuild and the dynamics that they go through with the contractors and the permit and them having too the powers that be come out to the contractors come out, it's like, well, you can't have this over here, you can't build that this way. So it's a lot of I don't put it this way. There's a lot of deception, there's a lot of greed. And you know, we ride the bike up there and some houses are up, some houses aren't. Some houses are boarded up but still have fire damage on them, and you can tell who has money and who doesn't. And that is the big thing with this fire situation. It's a great divide the haves and the have nots, and the have nots are suffering greatly. And the hard part of the have nots is one of the city forms that I attended. They would have Grandma across the street, Auntie Jane around the corner, sister next door, and all of this is gone. They have no place of respite, they have no.
Speaker 1: Right because I mean, if you're a have not in that situation, you might have been a long term resident of a home that was passed on to you by your family. So you didn't feel like I have not. You had your family there. You guys could pitch in resources, you had a place to live. Now if you're under insured or uninsured, all of that is gone and probably not coming back. And that's got to be tough for folks, you know, in any.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even with the insurance, there's a lot of politics around there. They don't want to pay you the value of your property. But this is the kicker that they still have to pay rent.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have a client. They have a condo and some big condo thing and one side of the building burned and the other side of the building only had smoke damage. So they fixed the smoke damage building first, and they're still will rebuilding their condo. But they still have to pay rent. Yeah, and h o A fees and all of this. And the other part is there was a beautiful form. It was really wonderful. We got to do a sound bath and I got a chance to do a guide of meditation. There are some dynamic sisters who are well educated in their attorneys and they are fighting for the community getting things together. Ashley I don't know Ashley's last name, but the collaboratory they're doing a really good job with helping the people, supporting the people and championing the people and trying to give them clarity and support. They have this huge board, it is crazy where all the houses were burnt, all the houses that are rebuilt, all the houses that will never be rebuilt, and a list of all the displaced people. It's heart renting, it's heart wrenching. It's like watching a slave ship diagram. It is just so heart wrenching to see so many people displaced and where are they?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: They say, well, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of them are in South LA some are you know, further Afield. And that's you know, people from what I've been able to gather, they've gone. The ones that aren't living in their cars have gone to where other black people are that they know, right, which is right? Any in any case, it's I'm glad that you're, you know, working with folks in the ways that you can. It's kind of an all hands on deck situation. But it's sad to hear about those kids, you know, and how their whole lives have.
Speaker 2: Been just oh yeah, and they with you kids and they know their house burnt down, and they make them feel so small. I have one young lady. It just hurts my heart. You know, she's she's sleeping on the couch with her mom at her at her aunt's house. You know, it's like ten people in a three bedroom place, and it's just so hard. And she's a gorgeous little girl, and she just cries every time she comes. And I try to give her hope. And I understand, God doesn't give you a burden that you can't carry. But as you carry the burden, it is so important to hold on to the faith. And it's really hard to have faith. And so it's so important that we have love and compassion and lots of prayers for the souls that have chose to take this journey to bring this awakening about the disparity that exists up in Altadena and the greed that exists in this whole community and this global thing of greed. And so I say, everybody stay prayed up about Altadena, do what you can to support the Alcadenians, and stay in a positive mind. And all of the legal people, with all your legal power, go and help those people and help guide them. So that they don't get cheated, or that they can feel like they have something bigger to support them with, because a lot of people are not educated about the laws and the insurance and all the political things that you have to go through. Even designing and building a house. There's a lot of legal stuff and there's a lot of contractors that are cheating people. So all the powers that be, whatever skills you have, whatever knowledge you have about building houses or rebuilding, or helping find placements or grants or whatever, show up. Yeah, laboratory, The collaboratory is a good place to start. They have a whole organization and they have their hands on the pulse of all the Altadena Fuier situation.
Speaker 1: The person you're talking about is ash Level with Alta Dina Rising is the organization, right, yeah, right, And they have a website altadenuisingnow dot org. So that's another another organization.
Speaker 2: And they are holding people accountable. Yes, that's what I love about Altadena Rising. They are going after everybody.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's I'm trying to save you time to make sure folks find out how to connect with you.
Speaker 2: Sahara, Oh excuse me, Virgo got me under the weather. They can call two on three six two eight nine seven eighty three, and they can talk to a last the scheduling appointments and schedule sound healing treatment and I don't have any sound baths until next month and that's it. As I am not you know, this virgo stuff has me like I'm trying to hold it together. But i am a little bit under the weather and I'm a hold of space to heal myself feel better.
Speaker 1: Sahara Ali dot com is another place you can look to find out what she's got going on. Or you can, as she said, call at least two on three six two eight nine seven eight three if you want a reading or maybe a sound bath, a sound healing session, which is a wonderful, wonderful thing. Sahara Ali, thank you for your insight, and thank you for all the work you're doing to help your neighbors out there in the Altadena Pasadena area.
Speaker 2: And thank you Dominique and KBLA family for holding the space of consciousness changeing transformation. Dominique, Love you forever ever, Love.
Speaker 1: You forever ever. Back. We got news, traffic and sports, and then the phone lines are wide open. If you want a vent, I'm here for you. A Bla Doug fifteen eighty. If you belong here and you're welcome here at eight hundred and nine to fifteen eighty, eight hundred nine to fifteen eighty. That's the number to call if you want to say a thing about a thing. And there are so many things we learned over the weekend that Carmelo Anthony will not get or least the judges ruled not to grant him a new trial. And that is not shocking after the reports that we heard from activists on the ground there in Texas that even though they had granted the defense's motion that they would get a new judge, that those two judges were friends, that the prosecutors were friends, that they were all sort of part of a small town group of old school white folks and the judge, which to me, it seems very strange that if there was enough bias on the part of a judge to warran a new judge, that there wouldn't be enough to warrant a new trial. But that is what the that is what the new judge decided that there will be no new trial. The defense team, the new lawyers for Carmelo Anthony, not giving up. They are planning to appeal and we shall see. But right now the thirty five year sentence for defending himself stands, and yeah, there's more to say about that. Sam called last week talking about how information about Carmelo Anthony came out that was not favorable to him, and a lot of information came out about the Metcalf twins that was not favorable to them. But as hey, hey with mamas for Carmelo Anthony, and he pointed out on Instagram what Carmelo Anthony was doing was talking smack on text He was saying some things that were not good, you know, violent thoughts and dumb stuff. But what the Medcalfs did was take action, spraying Nazi graffiti and beating people up. It's a little different, you know, talking big on texts as opposed to taking actions. It's a little different. And sadly, you know, teenagers do have impulse control problems and many times they talk smack and say things and try to act big. And I'm not justifying that, but it's not the same as going grabbing someone and beating them up or spray painting Nazi symbolism on walls. Those are actually actions. Those are not just posturing in any case, free Carmelo. We will continue to watch this case, even though, as we said, for now Carmelo Anthony goes back to prison after Judge Michael Chitty that's his name. I didn't make it up. Judge Michael Chitty was put on the case as a new judge because of what seemed to be bias in the case of the old judge, and yet same result. Let's go to Big Phil calling us from LA Good morning, Big Phil.
Speaker 3: Money that was go sleep man. That Tavis fu he putting the ham on Mark Keith? Did they get him? Dooming got a million dollars?
Speaker 1: That's what That's what Tavis is reporting. I have not seen any paperwork. I know that Tavis's is reporting. Well, I believe Tavisa is reporting what the council president said himself. So I don't know. I mean, I know that funds came in from the Metro and I and I don't know. I haven't seen any breakdown as far as money from the Metro versus money from destination Crenshaw or procrastination Crenshaw. I haven't seen that breakdown. And I think that is the point, is that we want to see an audit. We want to see what money went, where, to whom? And why isn't it finished? You know that I think is the whole point. Did duel get a million? What happened to that million? Did it ever go to really go to dueling? You know what I mean? That's those are the questions that we're asking.
Speaker 3: The money getting funny anyway that Ramen, she needs to go shut down. I mean, she's making a fool out of parents went to that meeting. She needs to go really shut down. To be honest with you, that's just my last land with that.
Speaker 1: What meeting Are you talking about that, Karen? Are you talking about the debate?
Speaker 3: The debate with Yeah, I mean she had no experience, like Kara Beth says, she hired a politics the dirty, dirty game. Okay, it is.
Speaker 1: It is And also it's politics. I mean for Nathew Rahman, who's a sitting council member in the La City Council, she's mad that she was pulled off as the leader of the housing committee, but she the homeless committee. I guess she says it's for political reasons. Well, that's politics. Everything is for political reasons. You know the reason you're complaining about it is political. The reason people are saying you're not effective. Everything is political. There's a book by former Speaker Willie Brown which is brilliant and he breaks down politics. Yeah, if you resind your endorsement of the mayor a month after you endorse her and decide to run against her, there's going to be political consequences that. That's why they call it politics. However, the people on that homeless committee are saying that she just wasn't showing up, she wasn't doing her job. And then the very day of the of her final meeting as the chair, because she'll still stay on the committee, she just won't be the chair, she didn't show up and they didn't have quorum so they had to cancel it. So you know, yes, it's political. It's politics. That's why they call it politics. It's going to be quite a lively spirited election season. And I hope that no matter who wins, you know, the mayor's race, no matter who wins these ballot measures and all of these you know the governor's race, well that we all come out a little smarter, better informed. I mean, at least in La. Either way it goes, you've got a Democrat either way it goes you've got a woman of color. But to your point, Big Phil, if I have two candidates with similar voting records and one has tons of experience and the other one has no experience, I'll probably take the experience one. If I have two candidates with similar voting records and one is black the other's not black, I'm gonna take the black one. That's just me. But now you've got the convergence of the black one being the one with more experience on the on the local, community organizing, federal, you know, in state. So I'm you know, like I said, I'm paying attention, I'm reporting the facts. I do my best any time that I interview candidates, I'm always going to be fair and ask the tough questions to both. But it is that was quite a quite a mayoral debate out in Sherman Oaks.
Speaker 3: Hello, Yeah, yeah, see you you bet my mother at the Afterton there's my Mother's the one to hit court system ob with Saint Louis. She's a very briy, one beautiful woman. She's gone now, but she told me she's so. I want to be no politician because this is a dirty, dirty gay, and she's right, I'm gonna land. God bless you definitely come out. God bless you.
Speaker 1: Okay, God bless you too. I mean, and I get that. Okay, there is always there is always dirt and politics, but a lot there are people getting stuff done too. Like it's tough and money is way more of a of a powerful player than it should be. Yogi Fish says, now, don't based vote based on race, not race alone. Okay, yogi fish, you got a business assuming you're black, you look black in the picture. You've got too candidate? Yeah, right, you never know. It could be abot. But you got two candidates. You got two candidates for a job that you're hiring. They both have the same resume. One is black and one is not what you're gonna do. They have the same resume. That's not hiring based on race. It's hiring based on qualifications. But if they're if all things are equal, yeah, I'm going with black. I'm betting on black for sure, and proud of it too. Eight hundred nine two oh fifteen eighty. And that's not just politics, that's work, that's interpersonal relationships, that's art, that's just to me natural, Yes, because I see being black as an asset, not a liability. Eight hundred nine two oh fifteen eighty. Eight hundred nine two oh fifteen eighty. He says he's purple. What does that mean? You're Barney the dinosaur. Sharing is caring. Uh No, that's not called racism, that's called common sense. I'll take the melanated one. Thank you. Eight hundred nine two oh fifteen eighty. Say it to my face, Say it to my face. Eight hundred and nine to oh fifteen eighty. Oh my, there's so much news. We shall cover that, or you shall call me, or all of the above. That's what we do around here. We are kbla talk fifteen eighty. Phil called me at eight hundred and nine to oh fifteen eighty, eight hundred and nine to oh fifteen eighty. Rest in peace to Michael Wright, the actor known most famously for the movie The Five Heart Beats. He died from marchiafava bignami disease, which is a rare neurological condition. He was seventy years old, so rest in peace to him. Know, just a fine actor who worked throughout his life, which is actually surprisingly rare, sadly, very rare. So yeah, rest in peace to him. Sad to lose another great one. And it seems like the news cycle is continuing to speed up, but the help is not continuing to speed up. If your help does not seem to be on the way. If you're in Indiana, uh, still waiting for power. Lots of people, thousands still after a storm there. It's been almost two weeks and a lot of folks still do not have power. It's crazy to me. I mean, that is sounding like life in a an underdeveloped nation. And I get that. You know there were there was widespread damage, but can't you bring in some temporary generators or some kind of help. Again, You've got people at the mercy of this utility company reminding me a lot of what's going on here in LA. But also I wonder, in the context of this current administration, you know, are they doing all they can do, especially when you're talking about a majority black community and the governor a Republican, claims that the National Guard is working really hard to get the power back on, and state workers from the Department of Correction, which of course makes me wonder if they're actually incarcerated persons are working to get the power back on, but still tens of thousands of people, mostly black people, are without power. It's it's giving Flint, Michigan and Hurricane and Katrina because the health help always just appears to move a lot more slowly when it's us. How do you close down schools for a week and you don't know when they're going to open? A week of mis learning is very significant. As we saw during COVID, the power company apparently did an update about who has powerware in Indiana and when power will be stored restored where, and they left they left Gary off that map. Make it make sense, Yeah, of course they're angry. Oh the black people aren't even on your list of when and where we're going to restore power. Not only is a majority black city, Gary, Indiana, also has a lot of underresourced folks there. The mayor says there are no simple repairs that they have to fix entire systems. Still, forty three thousand people without power is crazy. Almost two weeks later and now I guess we're having an economic war with Canada. Thank you to the resident. His power is fine. I'm confused. Time to talk to doctor Julianne Malvo again because we've got. The US just imposed fifty tariffs on twenty billion dollars worth of Canadian goods over the weekend after negotiations broke down. They couldn't work it out. Canada said the US was being ridiculous, they were asking for too much. Now they're taking countermeasures, and it's not a good situation. This is another ally that we're upsetting, that we're alienating that probably doesn't even consider us an ally anymore. Mark Carney, their prime minister up there in Canada, he's saying, well, they're gonna be releasing the details of their own tariffs. But this is where my confusion comes in. Didn't the courts rule that are tariffs, that many of Trump's tariffs were illegal, And now the government is paying back the companies but not paying back us. We the consumers who paid those higher prices because of the tearffs. So the companies get the refund and they'll keep it as profit, but the people still buy less with their dollars than they bought before. Those prices don't automatically come down, and all the money that we've already spent in higher prices because of the tariffs, we don't get that back. How is that? How is that economically sound? Well? Anyway, another ally bites the dust. It was an eventful weekend. It wasn't just me going to Anaheim for no reason thinking she was gonna see Daniel Caesar and seeing flocks of teenagers. No, there was a lot of news breaking over the weekend. So apparently when we had heard threats about this, but apparently too of the alleged friends of Nolan Wells have given a formal demand letter to the Revernel Sharpton saying that unless he apologizes and retracts and deletes what they're calling false in defaminatory statements about these alleged friends of Nolan Wells, Warren Jackson Morgan, that they will sue him. And they have sent these pre suit demand letters nineteen pages, demanding an apology and demanding the retraction of what they say are statements about completely innocent young men. Sharpton says, bring it. I mean not quite in those words, he said, quote, I welcome the lawsuit, and we'll have my attorneys be in touch with theirs to arrange for them to serve me so we can go to court. Okay, he sounds terrified, but we still don't know what happened to Nolan Wells who was never seen alive again after taking a trip to Horn Island in Mississippi for Fourth of July and he went out on that boat with his white friends and never came back. And those friends apparently he's got a large circle of many different groups ethnic groups of friends. But those friends have lawyered up, those friends have deleted their social media, those friends did not cooperate with the family, and now those friends have a GoFundMe to defend themselves and are suing Al Sharpton. How is this going to help us get to the truth of what happened to Nolan Wells. I do not know. Those friends are going on right wing podcast, Those friends are fanning racial divisions, Those friends are profiting off of this case and not seeming to spend any time at all trying to figure out what happened to their friend. Yeah, and the fact that they're so baffled about why black people would be suspicious and up in arms and wanting to know what happens when we're talking about Mississippi with its history of racial violence, and when we're in a time right now where black people are being found hanging from trees, coming up missing and being told and assured, oh, it was a suicide, Oh it was an accident before investigations happened. Of course we want answers. We've got news, traffic and sports right here, and then it's Black Marriage Monday. And if you're not married, if you're in a relationship situationship, you can learn how to communicate a little better in relationships in love. We all need that. That is next after news traffic, in sports only right here,