Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kfi, mister Kelly, it's Later with mo Kelly Live everywhere the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: And let's get back to our usual tech Thursday.
Speaker 2: I know things have been really different around southern California, which has also changed our show presentation.
Speaker 3: But it's good to see you, Marshall Collier.
Speaker 4: It's good to see you, mowan It. It's good to have everybody out there. I hope everybody's safe and that you're making it through. Okay. I decided this week that I had to do something that hopefully might help us, maybe something we can do at home to you were talking about the air quality to help us with the fires and making it through leaving the house or losing your power. So I have to tell you before I went to CES, I got in touch with a company they were not at CES. It's a company called Flamedetector dot com. Flamedetector dot com right, and their product is flame detector. Okay, sounds good. You know the guy and what really causes the fire aside from the initial starting thing. You've got a smoke detector in your house and when you get enough smoke in your house, what happens, right, It's so annoying.
Speaker 3: But okay, well that was a truck backing up one of.
Speaker 4: The one of the two. We got to work them on. But when you have a flame, that's what starts the fire. And in these horrible winds. I don't know about where you live, but where we live in the North Valley, the winds have been insane.
Speaker 3: Yes, it happened.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just dry eight percent humidity. It will carry if somebody drops a match, it's going to just go with the wind. It's not going to not going to just stop and maybe go out or maybe whatever. So this terrified me. And I'm looking around at it, and I told you earlier so many people had lost things. It was what about if there was a way where we could find the flame before the fire. And this product was developed. Actually there have been commercial devices around that are very expensive, but this is the first time it's done for home use. And as I said, to call a flame detector, what it does is it it's not activated by toast or steam or dust or anything. We have it sitting on the table there. It covers one hundred and thirty degrees of flame detecting in the room.
Speaker 3: For those who can't see it, obviously, this is radio.
Speaker 2: It's about the size of I would say a lightsaber without the blade. It's like the hilt of a lightsaber size.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's maybe about eight inches six eight inches something like that. Not bad looking at all. It detects a three quarter inch flame at twenty feet within two seconds. So if you get a push notification on your phone from this device that says there's a flip. Now you have kids at home. Sometimes kids play with matches, right, that's how things start too. If you can get this warning before the drapes go on fire, I mean, you're at a real advantage. So MO, what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna have a lighter.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're about eight nine feet from it at it And for those who can't see obviously, this was a lighter flame. So we're talking about maybe at most an inch high, and you're eight feet away from the device.
Speaker 4: And I tested it in my office. I put it on a bookshelf and I walked around a corner because it is one hundred and thirty degree and I tested it everywhere and it never failed. And I think I have my phone on silent. I did not get the notification, but when I was testing it, you get a notification on your phone that says there's a flame detected in the office.
Speaker 2: Okay, obviously, I'm sure someone is wondering, well, what about the false alarm of Look, I like to cook in my kitchen with a walk sometimes there's a flame with that.
Speaker 4: Oh well, then just put that away because this is driven by the ultraviolet light that's in a flame, and you don't have that when you have a smoke detector. It runs on three double A batteries for over a year, and just.
Speaker 2: Like all smoke detectors, it just chased the batteries at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 3: You don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 4: And it's a flame detector, so obviously you need the Wi Fi in your house. You can enable push notifications to your phone. Obviously we heard it and you could. Really it gives you a little piece of mind. I felt a lot better when I'm hearing the news and we're driving home like maniacs from Cees that the fire is not at my house because this little gizmo didn't see a flame. Cost one hundred and twenty nine dollars.
Speaker 3: Is there any type of subscription fee?
Speaker 4: Nope, No, no subscription fee at all. And the people who developed the product, you can read that on the website of flamedetector dot com. He spent his life working for a major company in fire protection. I don't know how to pronounce it. Kitty. You've seen the little kid, and he's developed stuff for them, and he's retired and he doesn't develop stuff for them anymore. So this is something I really think. It's not cheap, but it isn't expensive. And to be able to know that your kid just struck a match at the other end of the.
Speaker 3: House, were you that kid growing up? No?
Speaker 4: I wasn't a flame kid.
Speaker 2: Boys, maybe I wasn't. I pretty much stayed away from fire. I had a little thing with firecrackers and army men, but that was about it.
Speaker 4: I wasn't you blew up your army man?
Speaker 3: Yes I did. I'm not gonna lie. Yes, that was about it.
Speaker 4: I've never seen that. I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: No, I've never seen everybody blow up or I played with army.
Speaker 2: They're army man, they're dealing with ordnance. That was the whole point he's a little bow. Well it was bigger than that. But you had the army man. I'm sorry to digress. We had the army man and one would have like a parachute, and he put a firecracker arm And.
Speaker 4: What a brilliant idea.
Speaker 3: It's a dangerous idea, but you know, yeah.
Speaker 4: That's that's brilliant.
Speaker 2: It's stuff that we did when we had too much time on our hands, these idle hands.
Speaker 4: But you see, this is the way we can think and remember about things and smile a little bit.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, I have all my appendages.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 2: Later with One Kelly. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Marshall Collier continues to join me in studio, Marsha. More emphasis and rightly so has been put on backup sources of power because of these fires. There have been unintentional power outages because of the fires, and there have been intentional power outages. You have power companies turning off the power to limit the likelihood of a.
Speaker 3: Transformer creating a fire.
Speaker 2: So people are rightfully looking into other backup power sources.
Speaker 3: Be it propane or these battery packs.
Speaker 4: Where do you come out on it, Well, we have to use alternative energy. I mean you were talking earlier in the show about the air quality. Uh, it's nothing worse to me than the power going out and all of a sudden you hear a generator going off in my neighbor's house for hours burning gasoline. It's like sitting behind a bus. Remember we used to do that in the old days. You are sure might be it smells different.
Speaker 3: You didn't know it's toxic fumes?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 4: Whoops? But the point is we have to look for alternative, something that we don't have to burn propane to make power, because I mean that that would be an alternative. But so I looked around and just you know, I always try all these things myself. I don't ask for freebies. I actually go out and buy products. You need a portable power station. We're lucky that we live in California and we have a lot of sun. Now I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I think solar is the greatest thing in the world, but it's something we have a whole lot of and when you have a power outage, you'd be surprised at how many companies there are. Some main companies Goal zero Echo Flow. I mean even Dura Cel makes a small device. I mean we are brand right they and I mean we have these little power banks for our phones. You know that you have a power backup if you have an alarm system at home, correct, If you have a seapap, you really should have a small backup next to that. But what happens if the power doesn't come back on, You're going to need that seapap for another night. So it would make sense to have solar panels, and they're manufactured by these different companies to go with their batteries and their power banks so that during the day you can put them outside, charge them, and use the power at night. The one that we have, the one that I've tested, is the Goal zero yety three thousand power station with a solar generator. I don't know where the generator is, but it just looks like big panels to me. Yeah, they fold up in a briefcase. This isn't is not cheap, But then again, having your entire refrigerator go down and your freezer after three days or actually having your food makes a huge difference.
Speaker 3: How big are these solar panels?
Speaker 4: The solar panels, actually they I'll show you a picture that's a teeny tiny picture, but.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's big as like a what we call like a pitching net back in the day.
Speaker 4: And they fold up, yes, and they go into a briefcase style thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's almost like backyard furniture basically. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it folds up so it's in like a case like you designers used to carry artwork in cases that kind of case, so you could bring it out at a moment's notice if need be exactly. And we did have a power outage, and I did you know, for what do you do? First thing, You've run around the house, You get all the torches, things like that, You put them in the room so you have them, and the smart thing is to keep them charged ahead of time.
Speaker 2: That was my next question, because we don't know when we're going to have the next emergency. And if it's in the garage for most of the time, I mean, to the best of your knowledge, how long does it hold a charge? Can I or do I have to bring it out once a month or something to charge it.
Speaker 4: Every between three to six months. There we go okay, in this particular model. And the interesting thing is it has seven different port options, including fast charging, sixty USBC, multiple USBA ports, regulated, twelve vote and two one twenty vote AC ports.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So there's the generation generator and there are the solar panels.
Speaker 4: Right, okay, And this little thing it looks like a big battery and it goes on kind of what looks like a handtruck.
Speaker 2: It looks like a typical solar excuse me, typical generator, fossil fuel generator or election you generator.
Speaker 4: So power goes out. Luckily. I have a really strong husband. But I'm sure all of us have neighbors and can always get help. Hopefully you roll out your refrigerator. I never knew refrigerators had wheels. This is something not all of them, trust me, they don't. I've moved a few of my day. I think they're more standard now with the wheels. But yeah, I just know that because I had to move my mother's refrigerator last week, who was getting her kitchen done.
Speaker 2: But that's another story for no one needs a refrigerator. It's relatively new, it's not on wheels. It's slides easy, but it's not on wheels.
Speaker 4: Okay, well okay, but and they do have those little silicone things that you can get on Amazon, their little silicone pads that you can put under the bottom and make it slide. But anyway, this particular device will run a full size refrigerator for forty three hours. I mean, that's that's not bad. And what's interesting is you have a gauge on these power generators.
Speaker 2: That's forty three hours on one charge. That's assuming that you don't get a charge to subsequent day, right.
Speaker 4: Right, But what you can do is when daytime rolls around the next day. These devices, now, they don't all do it, so you have to look at the specs of whatever you're considering buying. They can charge while they're discharging, and that's the key thing. You just get the extension cords for the solar panels, put them outside and let it charge. And it's got all the dolls and it's very very very technical looking. The one that we have has two hundred total watts. And I'm not an electrical expert, but it isn't heavy. It's in a canvas bag and you just roll those things outside, but it in there and you can also charge smaller chargers because they're battery size charges, you know, like your car battery size chargers. There's small ones like that, which if you want to keep one of those next to your bed for your cpat.
Speaker 2: I have it next to my studio. Okay, I have one of those from my studio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I have one. I haven't plugged it in yet. It's a big giant thing for my computer. But I haven't done that yet. But the thing is we should do it, especially with the solar panel recharge, because if you want to recharge these and there's no power, look into these prices are all over the place on them because new models are coming out all the time and they're having sales all the time on the websites. That's Echo Flow Jackerie Goal zero.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: Anchor also makes a good power station oh A and k R E R Yeah are oh they make this smaller Okay, they make big ones that's on brand. Okay, Okay, So consider this instead of a generator that's just polluting everything and it's just going to drive you crazy with the noise. Because these days we don't know how long the power can be out for and the sun is a renewable source if we just use it.
Speaker 3: Great advice, great information. That's what we love to do.
Speaker 2: Useful and usable information, like right now, that's what I try to do. Marshall Collier. Let's remind people how they can find you.
Speaker 4: You can find me if my web host hasn't screwed up again at Marsha Collier dot com or find me on X. You find me on X you can talk to me and I talk back to you. And on my website there's a contact form that emails me to erect.
Speaker 2: Marsha will respond, so if you reach out to her, she will respond.
Speaker 3: If you've got questions, she has answers.
Speaker 4: I try, I certainly try. Thank you Moe for inviting me again.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's always good to see you, and hopefully we get to see you again next week.
Speaker 4: I'll be there.
Speaker 2: It's Later with Mo Kelly KFI AM six forty live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Believe it or not, it's almost time to start talking about baseball and the upcoming baseball season. And you know I live and die with my Dodgers over the moon. That they won another World Series and love that it was at the expense of the hated New York Yankees and how the New York Yankees imploded for the world to see. I don't know if it will be any better than that this year, but each year they have Dodger Fest, and Dodger Fest is coming up shortly is coming up, and it'll be at Dodger Stadium on Saturday, February first, just a little over a week from now, from eleven to three eleven am to three pm, and the gates will open at ten am that morning. Tickets will be on the on sale for the public. Actually it started this morning at ten am. Tickets are now on sale and you will be able to get tickets for as little as twenty dollars, with a portion of the proceeds, more importantly going to Los Angeles wildfire recovery efforts. And get this, it's hard to think of any time in which parking is free, especially at a sports arena or a stadium. Well, parking is free, and you can get all these tickets at Dodgers dot com forward slash Dodger Fest. Dodger Fest this year will be held in Dodger Stadium, parking lots B, D and P. And this is different because as opposed to inside of Dodger Stadium itself, you may not know there's some remodeling, there's some construction and other things which are being changed inside the stadium. So this year they'll be doing it in Dodger Stadium, parking lots, B, D and P.
Speaker 3: Well, MO, what is Dodger Fest? What is going to be going on there?
Speaker 2: You'll be able to meet players, be able to meet coaches, team alumni, and there will be an interview show with team members. There's a yard sale and mystery bag sale where you can purchase Dodgers memorabilia. And also there will be VIP events like a Jackie Robinson themed tour, a Vin Scully press box experience, photo opportunities with the World Series Trophy and players. I would probably love that, And tickets for the VIP events they will not be available for sale until next Tuesday, the twenty eighth, and they're probably more than twenty dollars in cost.
Speaker 3: Just let you know that right now.
Speaker 2: And if you've been following the Dodgers, they have been really cleaning up in what is called the free agent portion of the offseason, signing new players, signing great talent from around the world, and if you haven't been following baseball, the Dodgers are now, I would say, arguably, and I say this very lovingly, the most hated team in baseball, because they are willing to spend as much money as possible to get the best players available in the world, and they're not doing anything that another team couldn't do. Their ownership is just more committed to winning, and they're much more creative as far as how they're structuring these contracts. We talked last year and last season about Shohei Otani's deal, which is three quarters of a billion dollars, but most of it is deferred. Most teams aren't willing to do that. Why because it's a high risk proposition. You have a player who may not be as good or or just productive seven eight years down the road, but you're still on the hook for a lot of money in a very very cumbersome contract. The Dodgers, I would say, were fortunate in the sense that they only had to pay like a couple of million this year to Otani and he helped deliver a World Series. But that was a bet, that was a wager that Otani was going to be able to be impactful right now, and a wage that he would be impactful seven and eight years down the road, where the brunt of the money would come due for Otani. And they've structured other similar deals with players where the Dodger's going to owe a hell of a lot of money to a hell of a lot of players, and the question is whether the wins on the field and the merchandise sold off the field financially will be able to make up for that. Look, the folks who put these deals together are obviously much smarter than I am when it comes to creating and structuring these contracts and making sure that the Dodgers as an organization are still financially viable. But I love it when my favorite team is doing the absolute most available to them with the resources they have available to make sure that they're putting on not only a competitive product on the field, but arguably the most talented team, at least on paper, in the whole sport. That's what I want, And I don't care if other organizations, or like the Seattle Mariners in Seattle from mars old Town, they're probably screaming about, Hey, we're a small market. We can't do what the Dodgers are doing. Yes, you can, you just have to try harder. I know you're just trying to needle me, and I'm not going to take the bait. I'm not taking the bait. Take it, Take it, you take it. Did you grow up caring about the Mariners at all?
Speaker 6: No, but it's inescapable if you live in Seattle and they have a really nice stadium they do with really nice food at it. So if you're a nerd like me who's not that into most sports at this point, you're really the outcast because everybody there loves the Mariners, everybody.
Speaker 2: Each time you tell me that, I am so surprised, Mark, because you are a former athlete.
Speaker 6: I was an athlete most of my life, but it was all the unpopular stuff like kickboxing, wrestling, track, cross country. I tried baseball when I was a kid, and I got whacked in places. You don't want to get act with the ball, that'll scare you off it.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 2: But you have that competitive spirit and you have an appreciation of sports. I'm just surprised it didn't carry over into your adult life. It carried over into my profession because I've always been drawn to things that require you as an individual to show more nerve than anybody else, which is why I loved wrestling, and that's why I love work that requires you to do things that most people are petrified of, like public speaking and writing. Does that make sense, Yeah, I think there's a parallel there.
Speaker 3: Honestly, were you ever an MMA fan?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I'm grateful that I was a little aged out of that by the time it really became a thing, Otherwise I would have no teeth Now.
Speaker 3: I love it. Yeah, they don't know that side of you. No, no between.
Speaker 6: I figured between my wrestling and kickboxing background, I would have been pretty fierce at MMA. But no matter how good you are, you don't get through that unscathed.
Speaker 2: No, and you're not paid enough to justify the sacrifice. It's not like boxing, where the fighters are making at the top of the sport millions and millions of dollars.
Speaker 3: It's not like that.
Speaker 6: No, you don't get the kind of payday Tyson just got fighting shake Paul. But I will say baseball games are fun to go to. I used to love forget about the Mariners, A bunch of yuppiescum go to those things. I like going to a good, old working class Cubs game in Chicago at Wrigley Field.
Speaker 3: Those are great.
Speaker 2: They are great, And I think people do they mess out because they think of sports in only the televised capacity. Baseball, especially hockey, those are sports which are better enjoyed and appreciated in person.
Speaker 6: With a bunch of rotten drunks that if they spill a beer on you, they're a way of apologizing is to offer you a drink of the beer.
Speaker 2: All I can say is I love baseball more on the radio than I do on TV.
Speaker 3: How is that?
Speaker 2: I don't understand that what they call the words I view chick hern when he was talking about when he was a broadcaster for the Lakers, who call it the words eye view be able to tell a story and to give you a sense of the emotion and environment that the TV just can't. TV is very sterile. There's not a lot of movement with baseball. There's more commentary than there is actual action when it comes to broadcasting or televising a baseball game.
Speaker 6: It takes a lot of talent to do that and make it interesting and captivating. It like for instance, I listened to Keith Oberman a lot, and so you'll get a lot of sports content with that, and he's got a real appreciation for the masters the classics.
Speaker 2: People sometimes forget because depending on how old you are, you don't remember him as a sports broadcaster or an anchor for ESPN. They know him only for his political commentary.
Speaker 6: Oh, he was primarily a sports nerd and then moved into politics later on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But you know, I feel so sorry for the younger generation because there are fewer and fewer masterful voices who are narrating these games in any of these sports.
Speaker 3: If you grew up in LA you.
Speaker 2: Had an excessive amount of riches and the abundance of riches because you had Bob Miller for the Kings, you had Vin Scully for the Dodgers, you had Chick Hern for obviously the Lakers.
Speaker 3: And people don't remember this.
Speaker 2: Vin Scully and chick Hern for that matter, did multiple sports, so you would find them. Vin Scully, I think he was doing NFL football if I'm not mistaken, and you would. That's how talented they were, in the way that Al Michaels today would do multiple sports. Or you have Mike Tarico, who would do multiple sports. Back then, we just had these larger than live figures who were the voices of so many magical moments in sports, and you just have fewer and.
Speaker 3: Fewer of those now.
Speaker 6: And I think the mark of a real pro at that is somebody who can make it interesting to people who aren't hardcore sports fans. And that's the same with sports writing, and I always try to apply that to my entertainment writing. You know, you write a movie review for people who will enjoy it, whether or not they're ever going to go see a movie. So like, there was a sports writer from Chicago named Bernie Linsecombe. I didn't give a damn about any of the stuff, any of the games he was writing about, but I loved reading his writing about them. And you can apply that to spoken word sports cast as well.
Speaker 2: So very well said Mark, you ought to get back into your love of sports.
Speaker 6: I want to be the foot world's first major collegiate wrestling commentator. I'm going to do color commentary on a double leg takedown. That'll be thrilling for people.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's a growth industry, I'll say that. Yeah, it has a lot of growth available to it. I don't want to see that growth. It's Later with mo Kelly. When we come back, We're going to tell you about the most popular grocery store in America. I wonder what it is. Wonder if there's a California connection. We'll find out in just a moment.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: With Y.
Speaker 2: We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We all have our favorite grocery stores, but are they really that good? Are they just convenient? Or it's just some sort of emotional attachment we have to them.
Speaker 3: I know I have my favorite.
Speaker 2: I came across this survey produced by Yugo of a market research and analytics firm, and they recently released this data showcaseing which grocery store in the US that people love the most. So this is not empirical data, this is just what people love. This is the emotional attachment. They list thirty very quickly go through. Let's go to the top fifteen, Top fifteen. Here we go, number fifteen. Albertson said, Number fifteen. I happen to like Albertson's. Are they still around though?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They got one but yes, yes, I've been there a few times. I can think of two. There's one in Guardina. There's one like cars and that I go to rather routinely. There's an Albertsons near me that I used to go to all the time, but they're you know how you have to download an app to get the coupons and Stuffeah, it got so confusing that I dropped him. I dumped Albertson's.
Speaker 3: I always say, they just give me the discount.
Speaker 2: Want to go up there? Say, oh, I forgot my Alberson's car. That's what I do. I'm lazy like that. Yep, I'm being serious. I didn't know you could do that shit trade secret okay. Number fourteen. In fact, I can't even use my drum roll because we won't have enough time. Number fourteen is Amazon Fresh now Amazon Fresh. Yeah, because we're talking about love. This is trendy feeling. I would not go to Amazon Fresh before in Albertson's. Number thirteen, Win Dixie, that's regional. Yeah, Number twelve, Save a Lot.
Speaker 3: Number eleven.
Speaker 2: I get it. It's it's garbage, but I get it why people love it. Pigly Wiggly. I've actually seen one of those. Yeah, yeah, back east, back east most definitely. Number ten Sprouts Farmer's Market. Eh okay, sorry, yeah. Number nine Safeway. I do not like Safeway. To me, Safeway is just Albus but across the street. Yeah, well they usually say what do you have against Safeway? It goes back to their practices in the nineteen seventies, let me put it that way, I see, and the types of food and goods that they made available for the urban communities as opposed to the other communities.
Speaker 6: Oh, this is a deeper issue. Oh yeah, yeah, it's a deeper issue. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Number eight fresh Market. I don't think I've been there. Yeah, fresh Market.
Speaker 5: Those are those new they're in a new hood supermarkets.
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 2: Number seven public or publics, Yep, they have on those. Number six it's not a grocery store.
Speaker 3: Circle K Circle. It's not a grocery store. They have eggs.
Speaker 5: They have eggs, they have apples, they have a grocery sandwiches, milk, dairy products, yes, frozen food section.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a technicality, right. Really.
Speaker 2: Number five Kroger, which is inclusive of I think is it rouse?
Speaker 3: It's in a family.
Speaker 2: Number four Aldi went to one the other day I was not impressed. Not impressed is the nine cent store version of the supermarket? You gotta know what to get there? Yeah, yeah, it's really limited. I'd rather go there. It's great. I'd rather go to grocery outlet.
Speaker 5: But it's it's you know, apples and oranges. It's the same thing.
Speaker 3: All right. Number four is aldi number three, Whole Foods.
Speaker 2: I thought that'd be number one, because because the way people swear by Whole Foods, my wife's like, oh, gotta go to Whole Foods. Do they have a Whole Foods over here? We can't move over here unless they have a Whole Foods, Like really, really? I mean I go to the one in Burbank because like right across the street from the studio. And there's a reason they call it a whole paycheck because that stuff is expensive.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: There's some other things I'd like to say, but I can't stay it on the air about Whole Foods.
Speaker 3: There are other you mean the people walk through their dogs. No, No, that's what I don't like.
Speaker 2: But constantly let's just say you're a single man and you can appreciate the beauty of women.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what we're in that Burbank Foods. Oh gosh.
Speaker 5: The last time I ran into Mark we ran in for that exact problem.
Speaker 3: We couldn't. We had to go. We had to go pants. It seems like we're up to go grocery side Whole Foods. The amount of yoga pants and half shirts.
Speaker 2: And I was like, you sick. It's like, y'all know what you're doing. It's like you're just parading now, you're showing off. That was number three, number two traders.
Speaker 3: I hear.
Speaker 2: I went to the Trader Joe's back in the day when I was living in Studio City. They have one at Lancashim and Ventura Boulevard, and I go there and I was just consistently underwhelmed. It's just it's like, okay, crowd, tough grocery crowd tonight. No, this is about what people love. I didn't see what they loved about I didn't love whatever they loved about it. For me, the reason I like it so much is they have one of the kind things that you can't get anywhere else but the other part. But the other part that sucks is a way and they won't they won't bring them, they'll be we don't know when they're coming back. I don't know why the Trader Joe's parking lots are always so damn tiny.
Speaker 5: Tiny and their heart and navigating? Why are they made up in a maze?
Speaker 2: This is not big enough for a grocery store. Well, they want you to feel grateful when you finally get in the store.
Speaker 3: Not worth the effort, not at all.
Speaker 2: And number one, does anyone have any idea with the number one most beloved grocery store?
Speaker 3: Raups, That's my guess.
Speaker 6: Mark Johnny Carson always used to joke about shopping at ralph So I'm gonna go with that too.
Speaker 2: Ralphs did not make the top fifteen lists. Let me see it's Ralphs. Let me see if they're in the top thirty.
Speaker 6: No, not even the one I go to with all the hookers.
Speaker 3: No, that's weird. No, that's super weird. Nowhere on the list.
Speaker 2: Number thirty Wild Oats, twenty nine HB don't know what that is?
Speaker 3: Twenty eight Stop and Shop, twenty seven A and P.
Speaker 2: That's definitely East Coast and South twenty six Winco, twenty five Shop and Save, twenty four Giant Eagle, I've been there twenty three Casey's General Store twenty two, Shopwright twenty one, Wegmans twenty ye, Giant, Yes, been there, Number nineteen.
Speaker 3: Food for Less. That place is horrible. Food for less is all you can find. You can find, you can find roaches.
Speaker 5: No when that's where I go and get a lot of my stuff for when I'm making a gumbo, because they have a lot of really quality ethnic products that you can't get at you know.
Speaker 2: Coach, there's a reason. Yeah, number eighteen, I g A don't know what that is? Oh yeah, uh number seventy is it?
Speaker 3: Is it my hair? Emmy?
Speaker 2: I J. E. R. Meyer Meyer Number sixteen food Lion, aware of it, never been there, and we told you about the other fourteen.
Speaker 3: There's a Varta not on this supermarket.
Speaker 2: No, they don't even have l superty or on here. What I don't like this list? I know here's number one. No one knows what number one is. Here is the number one grocery store in America, as beloved by shoppers.
Speaker 3: I'm not kidding, invalid.
Speaker 2: No one goes to seven to eleven and thinks, oh, I'm going to go grocery shopping today.
Speaker 5: Now, okay, So pizza and so pizza Okay, I look, I have got to say.
Speaker 3: It was a night last week.
Speaker 5: I was here super late, and I had remembered that we were out of toilet paper. Every supermarket was closed. You know where I found not only toilet paper I found I got some milk, and I got a nice, big, hot piping cup of coffee. All of this was at seven eleven. It doesn't make it a grocery store. But if they sell, If they sell, do they have a meat section.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 3: They do have a meat section. It is meat sounwich snacks.
Speaker 5: Okay, it is like sound snacks that you can put together with different meats and cheese.
Speaker 3: I didn't say, because you find meat there, I said, never mind.
Speaker 6: Seven eleven is closer to being a vending machine than a grocery store.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, it's not even a convenience store. There's nothing convenient about it. Just getting held up. You said, if seven eleven is a grocery store, that means a m PM is a grocery store.
Speaker 3: Yes they are.
Speaker 5: There are two of the easiest and most accessible grocery vending.
Speaker 3: They're not grocery.
Speaker 5: They don't have grow You can even get gas, you can get your groceries and your gas.
Speaker 3: It just makes it it's closer to never buying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this, I don't know why I'm even trying to argue this can'f I am six forty were life everywhere in the iHeart And wait a minute, Stephan, you owe me a ripshot.
Speaker 3: You laughed at one of my jokes. It's expired. You can't have it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: We're live everywhere. Thank you on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you're thinking.
Speaker 3: And I kind of like that fun f I kost HD.
Speaker 4: Two, Los Angeles, Orange County, Live
Speaker 3: Everywhere on the radio.