Speaker 1: It's nice side with Dan Ray on wbzst's video.
Speaker 2: All right, as I think most of you know, there's this this Olympic Games are going on in Paris. This was the Olympic Games that Boston was trying to bid on. Back I don't know, back in twenty sixteen, Marty Walsh was Mayor of Boston and there was a group of individuals who thought, wouldn't it be a great idea to bring the Olympics to Boston. And I remember at the time, I thought to myself, Wow, imagine the Olympics in Boston. They actually had an area where they were going to build an Olympic stadium and it's called Woodett Circle downtown if I if I recall correctly, and they were talking about they could do some of the Olympic games out of Jillette Stadium. Well, that's where the Patriots are already practicing for the twenty twenty four football season. I don't know if that would have worked out. The Patriots would have been replaced. They could have done use the Charles River. For some it would have been a nightmare. It would have been a nightmare for the entire summer, for the period of time coming up to it in the period of time coming after it. Now you had this going on over in France and they had these opening ceremonies, and there's a lot of people. Now I did not see the opening ceremony of the Olympics. I was interested in seeing if Selene Deon was going to appear, and I guess she did. I've tried to find some of that, but I think NBC is keeping really a tight lid on it. I've tried to find the opening ceremony, which has been so controversial, and I, in the spirit of full disclosure, will tell you that I haven't been able to find it. So therefore I have to rely upon you to tell me what you might think about that opening ceremony. Was it in bad taste? I mean what I've read, and I guess all of us have read, you know, different well reports of it, that it was, in the minds of many people blasphemous. Looking at an article here out of the New York Times, an Olympics scene draw An Olympics scene draws scorn? Did it really parody the Last Supper? Some church leaders and politicians have condemned the performance from the opening ceremony for marking Christianity art historians are divided.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 2: Again I didn't see it. There's a apparently in Mississippi based telecommunications dividers spire to announce it would pull us advertisements from Olympic broadcast. Speaker of Mike Johnson, who's a very religious guy, as I understand that described the scene as shocking and insulting decree people the opening this iscording to New York Times, the opening ceremonies artistic director Thomas Jolly, that's a great name, Thomas Jolly said. The game's Daily News said at the game's daily news conference on Saturday that the event was not meant to be subversive or shocked people or mock people. On Sunday, the Paris spokeswors person, whose name was Ian this de comp said at the daily news conference, if people have taken any offense, we are of course really really sorry. Sorry. Now for some it's according to the New York Times, and I have to rely on the Times here. The resemblance to da Vinci's painting of the Last Supper was undeniable. Quote. The idea of the central figure with a halo and a group of followers on either side is so typical of the Last Supper iconography that to read it any other way might be a little foolhard, he said Sasha grisson and Art History orient and professor emeritus at the Australian National University. The central figure wearing the headdress was reminiscent reminiscent of high Renaissance style Last Supper paintings in which Jesus is depicted with a halo or light around his head, Professor Grishian said, in some paintings this is portrayed as a gold circle. In others, like da Vinci's, Jesus's back lit by a window or has a subtle radiance around him. This is again according for The New York Times. Here the drag queen's poses also, I guess apparently some of the participants, if not all, were drag queens. The drag queen's poses also resembled those of Jesus's disciples, he said, adding to the scene was a very very sacred image to Christians, as it represented the moment that Jesus announced he was preferred to sacrifice himself for the for humanity sins. Others, whoever, argued, there was not immediately clear that the scene was referencing the Last Supper. For so one, there were at least seventeen drag queens and more when the Blue Painted Man, the French actor and singer Philippe Catherine sang versus Jesus's twelve Apostles, said Louise Marshall, an honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Sydney and an expert in Renaissance art, where the New York Times has gone heavily here for the Australians, that's basic. You kind of have to have that number, the reference to the Last Supper, particularly the da Vinci version. Although many paintings have featured the scene, the apostles are usually clustered in three groups of four, connected visually through gestures that they make toward one another. Doctor Marshall said the drag queen's posed this, she said, seemed more like volguing, a style of dance closely linked to drag culture. The table should also be set up for a meal, with food across the table rather than a pile of fruit the blue painted man was sitting on. She said. Frankly, I looked at the clips. The Last Supper isn't necessarily what springs to mind, she said, it seems very lighthearted and funny and witty and very inclusive. Okay. Some have also convened the scene to him. Painting of the Gods of Olympus called the Feast of the Gods, painted by the Dutch artist Jean van Bijeur in the seventeenth century. It shows God's crowded around a long table. At the center is Apollo, the sun god, with the halo of light around his head. You know, I mean, I I don't know. The director here a guy named whose name was Jolly, mister Jolly. It's a great name. I knew kid's name Jolly growing up. It is the Dionysus who arrives at the table, mister Jolly said in a television interview with the French media outlet bf MTV. Dionysus Sus is the Greek god of festivities and wine and is the father of Sequana, the goddess of the sign the Sane River. He said. The idea was was instead to of a grand pagan festival connected to the gods of Olympus. Olympus Okay, I don't know. I'd love to know if you saw it, if you watched it, your reaction to it. Uh, the six one seven, two, five, four, ten thirty line is full. Six one seven, nine three one ten thirty line is open. Six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. We'll be back with phone calls again. If they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, maybe blasphemy is in the eye of the beholder. I don't know if that's the best they got for friends. It certainly was not something that would have particularly interested me. But again, who am I to judge friends? I mean, they have they have the Olympics. We don't. I mean, I don't know what we would have done for an opening act. Maybe would have we would have had the Celtics on the duck boat and the Charles I don't know. Back on Nightside right after this joined the conversation. Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside.
Speaker 4: Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Now, let's see what people have to say in this again. I haven't seen it, of course, didn't watch it, but I think NBC has kind of clamped this down on this. If anybody can find it easily, uh, and can can recommend I looked, I looked all day for it, and I'm pretty good at at finding stuff on the on the Internet, particularly when it comes to news stories. Alex and Haveril Alex. First is our nightside right ahead.
Speaker 5: Dan, you know, spare yourself. Life is too short. I mean I stayed home and this is it was live first time in American TV that Olympics opening ceremony of Europe has shown life. If you couldn't tell that they weren't making fun of the Last Supper, you got issues because you had a person with a hill like a fact, people looking from the left, people looking from the right. It was a mockery, you know, and it's amazing. Apparently they didn't learn their lesson in France. Well kind of like they did lend their lessons that you can make fun of Christians, but Heaven forbid make fun of Islam, because if they had done it with Islam, I will guarantee you that the elements of the eighty second Airborne Quick Reaction Force and the one seventy third Airborn getting ready to rescue Americans in Paris and other cities right now, because you're pretty a flame. It was insulting, was the meaning? Was the worst opening games I ever seen that they took away from people the pride of watching your host nation. I mean, if your country march into the stadium, me the Dominican Republican. Of course, the country are born in love more than uniform. In the US, they took that away from me and from other people, you know, by having them come down the river saying that's like if the Olympics were in Boston. Now coming into Andrews Square from Braintreet, im Ireland and coming in from Harvard will be the English team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, Alex I had the same feeling. I thought to myself, what would have we done in Boston? I mean there were actually people in Boston that wanted to bring the Olympics here. I mean after nine to eleven. This was like in twenty sixteen. I mean, can you imagine.
Speaker 5: I think Boston would have been a great host city. But the problem is that the people here too down beat into negative. Not that I want to get political, but when you live in America's high tech, fildwell state, one party state, there's really no hope. Your best thing is just jumping the car going ninety five and go to Florida and get out.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: It's just it really put us our taste that I'm not even watching the darn games. And I love my country. I roofed my country. I rooted my parents' homewan and some of the boxing and track and fiel events. But the French, as usual, the surrender people that they are have destroyed it for a lot of people, not just in this country, but also from friends and relatives I talked to. The dr have destroyed it because of this, because of the lack of respect. And they can imagine if Christians have rioted and burned, but we don't do that because we literally, like our Lord and Servia said, turn the other cheek. And the French are just they're doom because the churches are empty in France, the Moscu are full. I don't have to tell you how this is going to end within a generation, Alex.
Speaker 2: Very interesting, interesting observations. Thanks, thanks for calling. I want you to call more often. I need to hear your voice. Okay, you know that not.
Speaker 5: A problem, Not a problem, big boss. We'll talk and watch out of French people sit at tables.
Speaker 2: Uh, just keep rolling. Going to go to Bill in Pennsylvania. Billy, you were next one night saga right ahead?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that that calls hard, hard to fall. I like to hear that, guy, Hey, Dan, this is this is the this is the elite left, Okay, dot matter if they're in France, if they're in the United States, wherever they're at, Okay, they're the most intolerant people. And they did this. Alex made a good point. They did this, Okay. I think one of the reasons that they get away with us is to show, Okay, to show the Muslim faction in France that they can do it. And and and there's something there, but it's it's sacrilegious and uh, you know, it reminds me. Trump was the first president okay to have the to have the news media not only go after him, but to go after all his voters. That's where it started. It's the elite left, Okay, intolerant and and I could tell you you give him an inch, they got to take a mile. And it's just I'm not watching it. I'm not watching it. I like that Alex was saying, I roos for my country, Okay, but uh, I I'll uh my wife and I were going to go on a trip to France were canceling that. That's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well it's what I don't understand is that we're in this time in which we're supposed to celebrate diversity, but there was not a lot of diversity in that scene as I could see it. I mean, there was you know, there was there was one group represented in.
Speaker 6: That and well I could yeah, no, I can remember. I can remember a few years ago when that Charlie Hebdoes thing was going on over there, and and you know, it's it's it's come to it's coming to a point. I mean, there's there's just the way they the way they mock religion, and well but they don't.
Speaker 2: They don't mock religion. They mock and again it's safe to say whatever you want about Christianity and Judaism. You know, people you know obviously have now in many in many areas have have talked about, you know, what's going on in Israel and how that the that Israel is a colonial state and all of that, you know, garbage.
Speaker 6: The worst, the worst. One of the worst parts of it here, Dan is the fact that they throw away, throw around the racist card every chance they get. And and there's there's no I guess say, to use the N word is abhorrent, Okay, And that that that is in my family, it won't go. Okay, my grandkids know it. Sell you what there's there's there's all. So there's also when you call somebody a racist, Okay, that's just as that's just as bad when they're not. You know, they just they they're using it right now.
Speaker 2: Well, it's the equivalent. It's it's it sort of ends any rational conversation. And it also, in my opinion, and I always am willing to consider another argument, it also debases when all of a sudden everybody who disagrees with you happens to be racist, then that sort of undercuts the seriousness of of of genuine racism. I mean, you know they you know, relation to which I belong basically teaches that all children are created by by God. Now you don't have to believe in God. That's fine. I can't convince you that there's God. You can't convince me there isn't. But that's that's fine. I'm like a let live lit let and let live and let live Catholic, Okay, but I have problems with the Catholic Church. I had a long conversation with a friend of mine today and it may become the topic of a show later this week that.
Speaker 6: I think, you know, the tolerance part of it is, you know, the left is so intolerant. It's just it's just diversity, diversity, diversity. That they're the most intolerant people that I know, I know, you know, they just and that's exactly the way that the people, the Democrats look down their noses that anybody in maga, Maga, maga, that's all you they try to they try to put you know, the maga is and and uh, you know, they just they link it up with racism all the time, and they link it up with homophobia, and it's just bs.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, well, I don't know if we're ever going to get back to the point of civility in this country, but I'm going to try here on nightside. As long as I'm here to try, I'll.
Speaker 6: Be careful Dan, because like I said, you give him an insult A take them all all.
Speaker 2: Right, Bill, appreciate your call as always, Thank you very much. Let me go next to Ian in San Antonio, Texas. I welcome back. How are you.
Speaker 7: I'm fine, Dan?
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great? Did you see this? I did not see it, And I'm trying to find it today, and it looks as if NBC has pretty much erased it from the web.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm sorry that I erased it from my viewing list because I would have gone back to it. So what I can say is I agree with all of the people that spoke prior to myself, but at the time I saw it as art and it was beautiful, the costumes, et cetera. It was a headless horseman walking down the table. I just I had no idea it was that it was part of the Last Supper. Uh well the organizer.
Speaker 2: Just the organizers saying it's not And as a matter of fact, we have that spokesperson. So I mean again, they're not saying, oh yeah, we we intended to blaspheme, you know, the Last Supper or anything like that. They're they're saying, no, it wasn't that. So let's if you if you could have that opinion, go ahead.
Speaker 7: I didn't see the Last Supper in it, but I wasn't watching intently. I just I love the art of it, and I think that if people are upset, maybe and if it was even an intiment to the last suburbs just not relevant and portrayed like that.
Speaker 2: Let me play for you real quickly. This is the spokesperson for Paris twenty twenty four. Her name is in the Camp de camp Rob. This is cut number fifteen. I want Ian to respond to this cut fifteen Rob.
Speaker 9: Clearly, there was never an intention to show this respect to any religious group. On the contrary, I think that to imagine he really trying to really intend to celebrate community tolerance. That was his word yesterday, and are looking at the result of the polls that we shared. We believe that this ambition was achieved. If people have taken any offense, we are of course really really sorry.
Speaker 2: So I assume that you accept that you know that that statement. I don't think it's an apology, but.
Speaker 7: It's I agree with her, Okay, I mean, if you want to look deep, you know, I believe we're all God's children. So let's rise above that anger. Don't let people win with and make you angry, because it is a part of suppression, you know, to keep you home from voting to loose hope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so.
Speaker 7: That you know, so don't allow that to move on. We're all God's children. God loves us all.
Speaker 2: I would hope. So I'm if he does we're all in trouble. Or if she doesn't, thank you, Anne, appreciate your call.
Speaker 7: Thank you, bye bye day. Either way, Dan, the whole opening ceremonies was very Parisian and very beautiful. The Sand River is an amazing place, and the way they did it and seeing our athletes. We have the largest contingent of athletes, we have the largest uh participating and it was a beautiful thing. It was all beautiful.
Speaker 2: Well that's great. Well God, I'm sorry I missed it, but I was working bangs An.
Speaker 7: Thank you, bye bye.
Speaker 2: Good night, quick break for the news. The only lines that are open right now would be six one, seven, nine three, one ten thirty. Particularly if you saw it. I'd love to know what your impression was. Okay, obviously we have a couple of different viewpoints here. Amongst my first few callers, love to hear from you six one, seven, nine three, one ten thirty. The other lines are all full. You want to get in six one, seven, nine three, one ten thirty back after this, It's Night Side with Dan.
Speaker 8: Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: So, if you saw the opening ceremony of the Olympics and you'd like to come in, I got a couple of open lines at six one, seven, nine thirty. In the meantime, let us get back to the call. It's going to go to John in Boston. John, you were next on nightside. Welcome back, John, How are you tonight?
Speaker 8: Good Dan?
Speaker 3: Thank you Dan. I was just thinking of France and always losing his culture to the Muslim population.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And it's France is the land of Saint Bernadette from Lord's, Saint Teresa's, Saint John Vionni, Saint Vincent de Paul. And in twenty sixteen, father Jacques Samel had his throats's throat slit. He was eighty years old. I was at that sure to visit. They came to muslimtaries, came in the back and Slid just wrote while he was saving saying mass and he has the transgender community Dan calling for tolerance and acceptance, inclusivity. And then they marked Jesus at the Last Supper by having a fat guy he's obees with man boobs. Basically representing Jesus with transgender apostles is extremely offensive. Actually, in the life, we just had the seventy fifth anniversary of D. D. Dan and that cemetery there is loaded with crosses from Christian men who died to save France and and stars of David who men who offered their lives lives to save France from the from the Nazis. How do they if all the Catholics and Christians leave France, Dan tomorrow, how do they think those terrorists are going to treat their lifestyle, the transgender community? And so it's for them to say.
Speaker 2: Dan, it's well that there's some irony there. I mean, there there is some irony there. And if obviously, if if the folks who you know, who come up with this, this presentation, this idea, if they had mocked a different religion, they probably felt, hey, you know again, they're saying, we didn't mock religion. It was a whole different thing and was celebrating the gods of Mount Olympus. This is what they would That's what they're trying to say, which is fine, and maybe that's what they meant to do. But it's being perceived by a lot of people as you are. And I think the point that you make is it is an interesting one that people need to consider. I mean, I think it was Benjamin Yatta who was talking about some folks who were out with signs that said Gaze for Gaza, And of course he thinks that the whole protest movement in this country has been supported financially by Iran. I don't know if he's right or wrong, but that's his position. So he said that it's like saying, you know, holding size gaze for Gaza supported by Iran is like saying chickens for KFC. The idea is that if that, if you're if you happen to be gay or transgender, one place you don't want to be is Iran.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to say. I mean, Kamala Harris is not appointed. The borders are evidently the must be Santa Claus alive and they and they, they're saying that they're not trying to insult the Christian community. They wouldn't do it to Muhammadan. This is now they're insulting our intelligence. It's an intelligence. It's a joke. It's an absolute joke. I mean again, it's like, you know, another irony here is like that. This is a little bit along the same lines. But the onlygal immigrant that raped that girl in Rockland, mass was on national news. And then he gets off on five hundred dollars bill. And then there's a woman here in Massachusetts named Paula Paulette Harlow has to go to jail for free and the rosary and singing him an abortion clinics. She has to go to jail in august in Fort Worth, Texas for praying and or wild you but they'll let that guy out.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but I think John, Yeah, Well, first of all, the guy done in Rockland, it's an allegation, hasn't been convicted yet, so he enjoys the presumption of innocence. Don't want to get too loyal or lawyer in a regal.
Speaker 3: Jam, but not only in a public opinion. Every one, no, no, no, but.
Speaker 2: Just I mean, let's if we're gonna a convict him of the murder of the rape, let's at least let the trial go forward. That's number one. In terms of the woman praying the rosary, And I've heard about this story. What happens is it's it's she's really not from what I understand, she's she's praying the rosary in the front of a door and blocking access to the building. I don't think that if she's standing one hundred feet from the front of the door to this abortion clinic and praying the rosary. I don't think he's gonna be arrested for praying the rosary one hundred feet from the door. Do you know? I'm not trying to give you a hard time of just telling you what I as. I understand it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I know the person. I know, I know the person. I know the circumstance. She's seventy eight year old grandmother with eight grand children, six kids. Brandon Rosie's singing whether it was in the clinical without she's going to zil for two years, Dan two years. And here's this guy rates a thirteen year old specialty.
Speaker 2: Again. You you're using that this is the guys he's accused of rape. Okay, I don't want to you know, I don't want to go all lawyer on you, John, but I think I gotta be fair.
Speaker 3: No, I know, I don't know problem be a fan. Yeah, but he's on on five hundred dollars bail.
Speaker 5: That's pretty sure.
Speaker 2: I think that the dail is ludicrously low, ludicrously low. Okay, he's not an.
Speaker 3: Art of citizen. I mean, what about the guys who attacked the cops in New York that attack them, they let the go so well.
Speaker 2: I think I think those points we agree upon. In terms of the case of the woman, I just want to make sure that people understand this. My understanding is that what she was arrested for was blocking access to the abortion clinic, not She's not arrested for praying the Rosary. She might have been praying the Rosary while she was blocking access, but the crime is not praying praying the Rosary. That's all I'm saying, John, I just want to I'd like, I'd like to keep it civil and also keep it accurate.
Speaker 3: No, I know, but she wasn't laying down in front of the door, so you get there's videos of it, so whatever.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean again, you know, I don't want to you know more about it than I do. But but I think you understand the point I'm making and I do appreciate it exactly. Thanks John.
Speaker 3: But it's the double standard is with you know, to say that they're not mocking Christianity is a foss. It's a foss.
Speaker 2: Well, there surely were a lot of people who perceived it as and look, oftentimes when someone either makes a comment or or you know, says something to someone in some way, they might say, well, I didn't insult them, but it's but oftentimes it's like, hey, I feel like I've been insulted. So but but it doesn't look like it doesn't look like it looks to me. It's as a double standard. John, we can you and I can.
Speaker 3: It's an insult to the athletes because you know what, basically they went on the stage, it took all the attention put it on them, and now it takes away from all the athletes. It's a narcissistic, pathetic thing to do to the Olympics. It's just it's it's obvious, it's right there.
Speaker 2: Well, we're talking about this, we're not talking about who won this this medal of that medal. So I can'd of disagree with you that one, John, Thank you much. Well said, Uh, we're gonna go next to Gary in Rubern. Gary, you are next on Nightsacer right ahead.
Speaker 4: I just want you to know that John was the call of the night, call the month, and call of the year. That was an outstanding phone call.
Speaker 2: We've had a bunch of good phone call. We've had a bunch of Alex's phone call was a really good phone call. Ian's phone call. We've had some really good phone calls here, so you know. Uh, And if that was your favorite, that's fine with me. John always does a good job. What's what's on your mind? Gary?
Speaker 4: You just run my phone call?
Speaker 5: Not a bad joke. Huh.
Speaker 2: You got it there. I'm here. I'm absolutely wait to hear what you want to say about what you want to talk about.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, I'll tell you the truth. I didn't see this, but I didn't hear if you catch my drift on the end of the dial, that there was a transvestite transvestites of ceremony the opening.
Speaker 2: Of the Olympic ceremony and some people and there were a lot of people I guess who you were, drag queens, okay, and they they were gathered in a way in which many people felt it was reminiscent of da Vinci's painting of the Last Supper. Uh. And the organized is in Paris say, no, this was your You're misconstruing this. We were not here to insult anybody. And so that's why we're talking about it to see what people think. I haven't. I haven't seen it myself because I tried to find it today. I googled it for a long time and I couldn't find it. Maybe there's there's someone who took videotape of it and has posted on YouTube. But I'm gonna admit to you, I haven't seen it either.
Speaker 4: Gary.
Speaker 2: I've seen pictures of it. I've seen still pictures of it, and there's still pictures do look very reminiscent of Jesus and his disciples at a long table. But you know, I read the new I read the article in the New York Times that had some art professors who would know, who know a lot more about this sort of iconography iconography I should say, let me pronounce that correctly and art who Some said yes, some said no. That's why we're talking about it.
Speaker 4: Okay, three, Thanks one. I'm proud of you for just mentioning Nicky Hilly to being vice president. If not, of course, well it's not going to happen. She should be secretary of state. Trump has definitely got to put her up at a high command because that'll just command every woman to be with Trump to rightly so.
Speaker 2: But but he kind of appoint a secretary of state until he's elected president. That's the problem.
Speaker 4: You got to ruin the party, don't you.
Speaker 10: Dan. Okay, Now, he could announce, he could announce if he wants to that he's going to appoint you were me secretary of State or Nikki Haley, but he won't be able to officially nominate that person until he is the President of the United States or the president elect.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 4: Thanks. Yeah, I just want you to know out in the nine o'clock hour, you had that guy on for about ten minutes. You and him are going back and forth and so forth, and he was eating it up alive with the microphone. I mean, he wanted to eat the microphone and he was sounded great, and so did you. But again, I have to say it to all the calls, including me. Let the Nray talk. Now when he's done talking, you talk. I know you're excited like it's Christmas. You're opening up your first president and the last one and all that, and I know you agree with me, but the last one is this. Here's one. Tell me what you think of this. Since they did this type of think of ceremony and so forth, how about this, how about they mark their own type of the religion of Catholic religion or Christianity and have the preacher, the father of the priest, walked down the isle and his attire with a woman getting married and they kiss right there to send out the message, let's get these priests married and let's create a controversy that studs this world in the right direction, so there's no more sexual abuse.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's a huge leap. I mean, I'm not sure that the Catholic Church is going to go along with that anytime soon, but that's neither other. You know, there are married priests in the Catholic Church. You understand that, correct, No, Yeah, there actually are many of the episcopal former episcopal priests who have decided to not only convert to Catholicism, but have showed a desire to be Catholic priests, have been allowed into the Catholic Church as converts and now as Catholic priests, and their marriage to their wives, you know, came along with it. So that's the that's the truth. So when someone tells you they were no Catholic priests married, that's an exception.
Speaker 4: Well, Dan, like I said, I hope you're proud of my phone call, because nobody's proud of me.
Speaker 10: Ever, No, I'm always proud of your phone calls. Gary, Thank you much, thank you doctor you soon?
Speaker 2: All right? Good, all right? Where are we gonna go now? You know we gotta do. We gotta get We got two calls coming up of Canada and Maine, and we got to take a quick break. And we also if you want to get it in here real quickly, folks, I can get a couple extrasy in as well. Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty or six one seven thirty Back on night Side.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan Ray Live from the Window World nights Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Oulkay, let's go to New Brunswick. Daryl is up in New Brunswick. Daryl did this generate much controversy in Canada?
Speaker 1: Well, sure got my neighbors stirred up, I tell you right. And what happened, Well, it's we were having a visit last night there and talking and as neighbors do, and she was showing me this stuff and I'm going you got to be kidding me. So that's where you said you could not find some material and and stuff.
Speaker 2: Well I had trouble for I could not find the video. Today I found still pictures of it. And I was, you know, I put in all the different word combinations. So have you seen the video?
Speaker 1: Well, actually I just did a screen capture right prior to calling you to back you up if you need. If you don't mind, I'll give you a couple of places to check out.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: One is ww CBC dot ca A and the title goes drag Queen calls out hypocrisy.
Speaker 8: So I say, so, it's www what www dot CBC dot c eight Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, okay.
Speaker 1: And another one would be on YouTube, and that's Talk TV and they have about a seven minute video on there.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And Fox News actually has I apologize for mentioning these, but it's to help you out. Yeah, and it's about a ten minute clip.
Speaker 2: Okay. I'll try to find it. I mean, you know again, I've I tried all day and I finally said, well, I'm going to do it anyway. Thanks, thank you, Darrel, appreciate it very much.
Speaker 1: Gets we get censored up here quite a bit too.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know that we get sensored. My feeling is that that NBC I tried to find the Celine Dion song that she sang. My wife, who watched it told me that it was just one song that she sang. But I get a feeling that NBC has paid so much money for their rights, they're not sharing it and not making it it broadly available. Maybe they'll make it available after the Olympics. I just don't know. But darl this has been very helpful. Thank you for much for this information.
Speaker 1: Well one more thing, when you go to Italy. Yeah, my wife, her and her mother kept saying the money, the money. I said, stop worrying about the money. She goes, No, the money means tomorrow. The money, the money, The money means tomorrow. So if you're in Italy, people saying the money the money, okay, right, arguing about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well in Spanish it's manyana and so I got, I know, got to say tomorrow in a couple of languages. Now, thanks Darren, I appreciate it. You soon have a great night. All right. Let me go to Alison in Maine. Alison, welcome back. How are you?
Speaker 11: I just I can't believe the things you people get. We're on you people. I shouldn't say that, but I can't think that you get worked up about who cares? I mean, who cares? It's just a it's a crazy art thing at the beginning of the Olympics. I haven't seen it. I don't watch the Olympics really. I kind of like to see the pre show now because it sounds interesting, But I don't really care about sports, so I haven't seen the Olympics. But I mean, just all the things you ever seen films like that Ken Russell The Devil, you know, I mean, you know the idea that this is. You know, oh boy, they're ridiculing this religion or something.
Speaker 2: Well, well, there were people, Alison who feel very strongly about their particular religion and they get faked.
Speaker 11: What about the history of that religion? You heard a little thing called the Inquisition that went on for centuries. How about that or the persecution of the witches or the destructions of cultures all around the world.
Speaker 2: Because so you don't you don't like, which is fine. You think Christianity is a bad thing, absolutely, OKAYO, Well let me ask you this question. Could I ask you a question, Yes, do you have any idea how much the Catholic Church has contributed and donated to society?
Speaker 11: Meanings that go through the centuries, where if you said one word against it. You were sent to prison and torture it and killed.
Speaker 2: Let me if you'd love to ask you the question, to give you a chance to answer it unless you're afraid of If you're afraid of my question, just tell me and I won't ask the question.
Speaker 11: Oh okay, go on.
Speaker 2: You have any idea how much organize religions, and particularly the Catholic Church in particular, has given in terms of hospitals, medical care.
Speaker 11: Yeah, see, everybody to believe in it, and you've got to believe in the crap and go to the ceremonies and all that or else.
Speaker 2: You know, that's a thoughtful answer, Alison. You disappoint me that you wouldn't let me finish the question. And then, no matter what I say to you, you think, is it just Christianity you don't like? Are there any religions?
Speaker 11: Because that's what I'm surrounded by mostly. I'm not a big fan of Islam either. My defense of the Palestinians is not based on their religion. It's based on the fact that they're being wiped out by the wayward. They're almost up to that. When we were talking months ago and you said, and finally you got exasperated and said, it's okay if they kill forty thousand Palestinians, where they're almost up to that, now they're up to thirty nine thousands.
Speaker 10: I think that Israel needs to do what it needs to do to defend itself. Are you also antisemitical?
Speaker 11: Do you believe the Jews are sacred because there was a magic guy two thousand years ago, even though the Jewish people don't believe that Jesus was magic themselves.
Speaker 2: Well, again, you can reduce it to whatever you want. I happen to believe that that Jesus is God incarnate and that he came to the world.
Speaker 11: Billion years and the urthing rept four billion? What about the one hundred and fifteen million years of dinosaur's rule? How about the even longer did the Trilobytes rule?
Speaker 2: All right, you get it all written down. You get it all written down.
Speaker 11: You're a superstitious dullard.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, thank you very much. It's it's a pleasure to talk with you. You know. Can I ask you one question? Is she gone? Oh? She hung up? Well that's a courageous caller. I wanted to ask her what she did for a living and what her life was like, because I'll bet you shees a miserable, lonely person somewhere in mean without any sort of gainful employment. That's what I wanted to ask, Alison, call back some night and tell me what you do for a living and what you're what your social life is like. Well, anyway, on that happy note, we'll end as always Rob great, great job, Mariita, Thanks very much for all your help today to all the callers, particularly thank you for calling all dogs, all cats, all pets go to Heaven. That's Mi pal Charlie Rays, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who are passed. I do believe you'll see them again. I sure hope we'll see them again. I hope see you in mornight at the Nightside.
Speaker 10: Have a great Tuesday, everybody, Dan ray for Nightside