Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI A six forty on demand. John, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for having me on. I'd like to talk about rank apocrisy in.
Speaker 1: The church or outside of the church.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what it's everywhere. It's not just the church, it's our government, it's our cities, it's our whole world. And it's almost comedic in some senses. When you think about it, you know, it's just absolutely sad.
Speaker 1: Well, hypocrisy is not new the word or the problem for.
Speaker 2: The American life. There are differences that you can most assuredly put your finger on. We had what we can call honest leaders back in the fifties and sixties, and it seems like these days acubular the total of whether it's a Republican or Democratic party has been trillion dollars of debt on our children's shoulders.
Speaker 1: John, John, do you really really think you had honest leaders in the fifties and sixties?
Speaker 2: Well, I would say that more so than today, they weren't perfectly okay?
Speaker 1: Now? Is that is that because that the systems that exist today, for instance, the Internet and the type of reporting that goes on, it's probably a little more gutsy in some sense, has not just uncovered more. Nowadays, it's easier to find things out, or it's harder to hide them in the reverse than it was in the fifties and sixties.
Speaker 2: Well, I would say that there's no doubt that in the fifties and even in the sixties, there were good conservative politicians who were willing to sacrifice up to fifty seventy five, sometimes even ninety percent of their income to prove their belief and not burdening their children and paying their bills and not putting it off onto their children's shoulders.
Speaker 1: I see. So you're saying that the core of the individual is different, that you've got people getting into politics who are getting into politics for wrongs.
Speaker 2: Who have a millionaires, calling themselves Republican and even calling themselves Christians, when you know, Jesus didn't go around with a chest of gold and gold crops.
Speaker 1: Okay, but there's John there's a difference. That wasn't my purpose. However, I did say that if you go into a town and they don't feed you, and they don't you know, clothe you and put you up and all of this, that you're to kick the sand off your sandals and never go back there again. I did say that there if that there were things that people needed to travel with most certainly there's. Money is not evil. The Bible does not say that money is the root of all evil. It says that the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.
Speaker 2: A rich man I'm trying to get through heaven and into God's good graces is like a camel going through the eye of a needle.
Speaker 1: Why does everyone difficult? Difficult? Not impossible? Are you saying that Solomon is not in.
Speaker 2: Heaven what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No. But you want to make a broad brush concept, John, which is not fair. Money is only a tool. It's when people see it as the end all that it becomes a problem. But money is just a tool, and it can do great things. You would agree with that, wouldn't you, John.
Speaker 2: Sure, But give me evidence of it to day.
Speaker 1: Oh goodness, there's all kinds of charities that are doing wonderful things with money.
Speaker 2: Money can't denying that the trillion dollars of debt hanging over our.
Speaker 1: That doesn't have to do with money. That has to do with the use of money. The improper use of money debt.
Speaker 2: For century reality. John, There our politicians are as corrupt as our churches.
Speaker 1: Okay, John, I know the entire world is going to hell on a greased poll. I get it. But it's no different than it was. It's no different than it was two thousand years ago. I know that that that frustrates people. I know it's easier for you to say in my day it was better. But that's not the truth, John, that's not.
Speaker 2: It's a society of parasites. Why so, John, Because everything is geared towards maximum leveraged profitability. These days, we will go to China to get cheap labor.
Speaker 1: Do you know what that is, John? Do you know what that comes from? It comes from success. No, it comes it comes from success because people get soft when there's success. Success is always the downfall of anything. It was the debt fall of the Roman Empire, all that and lead in the water, but it's the downfall of any corporation. Corporations stop producing a product and start managing a piggy bank and they and it folds a country. Uh starts with freedoms, focusing on the freedoms John, and liberties, and then gets focused on what those how much money you can make from those liberties, and then seeing seizing on those liberties and that can You know, liberty can can kill as well. But you do it because it's right, not because people abuse it or don't abuse it. Liberty is something that is God given and should be enforced, should be allowed and enjoyed. However, it can be misused, just like money. So what you're telling me is not the use of or the existence of, it's the misuse of. It's taking something that is good. For instance, an knife in the hand of a surgeon can heal, in the hand of a mugger can take a life. But you can't just all those things you're saying have existed forever, John, You can hear, I mean, complain about them in scripture when I turn over the tables of the money changers in the temple and I say, you are making my father's house out to be this den of money exchanging and a marketplace two thousand years ago, John, you could read writings from Socrates talking about the way children are in his day. You can read all kinds of things throughout history people complained about the same thing. What were they complaining about in scripture two thousand years ago tax collectors. It doesn't change, because in order for it to change, a heart needs to change. I was tongue firmly planted in cheek when I said that it is easier for a camel to go through an eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to get into heaven. I was telling people that it is difficult, but it's not impossible. It's difficult because a rich man that only cares about money has a hard time taking his eyes and his gaze off anything but money. And the only way to get in heaven is to know God. And the only way to know God is to give God your attention. But make no mistake, John, if you think things were better back in the day, it was just that it was harder to find out when people were doing wrong. Unfortunately, what you're seeing now is although a gross exaggeration through reality shows and the like, because they're cutting out every you know, they're editing it for the most vulgar interactions in life, because that's what causes people to be interested in watching it. But I will tell you this, people have always done these things. The Ten Commandments weren't written just in case people start murdering just in case people start coveting, just in case people start doing adultery. It's because people were doing it then, thousands of thousands of years ago. And the best thing to do is not worry about everyone else, but to worry about John. To start with yourself and where your heart is, and not to live that way, and not to be that person, and not to think that way, and then try and make it as contagious as possible. Ryan, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 3: Hi, how are you sorry? I'm supposed to ask that.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's okay, I am fine. How can I help you?
Speaker 3: I was born in Huntington Park, California, in nineteen fifty eight. On my seventh birthday, my dad and I were in the house all alone, and my mother had walked on my dad again. Last thing my dad said to me is happy birthday, sport. And I heard deafening roar. My dad shot himself and killed himself right there in front of me. I ended up the boys Home in adel Georgia, and they told me that, you know, I had blaspheen the Holy Spirit and I was going to hell. I'm only marching my marking my time, so I went in the Marine Corps, spent two years and there, and then I went in the Seals because I found that I could be just as derogator. I figured, if I'm going to go to hell, then I'm gonna pay the way. It's already been written down. So I did that, and just seems that all in my life I ran in the people that were just they wouldn't they based everything off of a one time talking to you. I was when I was in Iraq. I had a bad brain injury and I've got shrapping off through my legs when I was in Fallujah, and you know, I called your show here a couple of weeks ago because I was really wondering, you know, if I if I had some way to repent and maybe get into heaven. Of course, the screener told me that I was drunk, and then again today she hung up on me, and they just you.
Speaker 1: Know, well, you know what, there's a there's a policy on the program. And this isn't personal against you, but there's a policy on the program because people do time of day that we are alive and things like that that people do from time to time called drunk, and and that there you know from dealing with people that are drunk from time to time that there's not a whole lot you can do for them when they're in that state. No, So so that does happen from time to time. But more importantly, you're on now, and I want to tell you that blasphemy the Holy Spirit, the only unpardonable sin uh is a continual sin. And you you can't be doing it right now. You wouldn't even be calling or questioning if you were in that state. You wouldn't care.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what I wonder is because it says in the battle you shall not commit murder. Well, that was with my job. I mean, it wouldn't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You call it murder, Morris, You didn't murder, you killed. There's a difference. There really is a deal.
Speaker 3: So I beg the different with you a few times.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 1: For that you will be accountable.
Speaker 3: And you know, I'm just wondering. I mean that, shall I'm not commit murder? Now? Shall I not? Thank the Lawd's name in a vain And it says anyone who takes away from this book or whatever you know in revelations and then comes down answer real specific anyone who speaks a word against the Sun of Man will be forgiven, and against God will be forgiven. But whoever speaks a way against the Holy Spirit won't be forgiven in this age or the age come something. It's real clear there.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I don't, okay, But now I need to explain to you why, because you know time goes by quickly. So imagine if you were driving in a car and you're driving down a road and there's a cliff at the end of the road, and your family and friends are lined on that road and they're telling you, Ryan, there is a cliff at the end of the road. And you roll up the windows of the car and they start screaming, Ryan, there's a cliff at the end of the road. You go off it, you'll die. And you turn up the music and they start screaming and screaming, Ryan, there is a cliff at the end of the road. You have to stop. If you don't stop, you'll go off the cliff and you will die. And you ignore them and go off the cliff, you die, right, So blasphemy the Holy Spirit is every time the Spirit woos you, touches your heart, tries to get you to come to me that takes you to the Father. So if you don't go through that process, if you don't go you don't accept the Holy Spirit that brings you to Christ, that brings you to the Father, then you've rejected that. Unto death. The moment you die, you can't go back the same way. Ryan, you know this that if a bullet leaves the gun and enters a body and kills that person, you can't say, oh no, now I see the consequences. I would like to take that back. You can't. And it's the same with God. Unto death. When you die, your decision is final. That's what blasphem me and the Holy Spirit is. That's the finality of it. Clara, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 5: Thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 1: My pleasure. How can I help you?
Speaker 5: I cheated on my husband. We were married four or thirty years. I'm recovering alcoholic and probably drank over. Maybe we drifted apart years ago. We were young. I was in tenth grade and he was the ninth and we would have been married thirty years. But now I'm in a relationship almost me and a half years. He has a girlfriend and I feel sod of what I did. I'm sorry that I did it, but I didn't love him the way a man should I woman should love a man.
Speaker 1: And no, well wait wait, wait, wait, wait wait, this is You're in a relationship now for three years and you said something a girlfriend.
Speaker 5: He has a girlfriend. Now we're divorced with been divorced.
Speaker 1: Okay, So your ex husband.
Speaker 5: And the man that i'm now with asked me to marry him. And first I want to know if I'll be forgiven for what I did.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, yes, you're You're forgiven. But God forgives those who reckon who truly repent and turn from the that which they were a participant in.
Speaker 5: And I made my amends to him, you know. And he wanted to work out the marriage. He wanted a chance, and I didn't. I didn't want to go to counsel, and I just why I didn't want to go back for when I was afraid I would dream again. Like I said, I'm a recovering alcoholic.
Speaker 1: But what does that have to do with your Was your ex husband a drinker?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They all do, Yeah, the family all drinks and everything, But is he.
Speaker 1: Is he an alcoholic?
Speaker 5: I don't think so. I don't think he is, and then he wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Like he wouldn't have given it up for you and just not had it around the house.
Speaker 5: I don't think. So they still drink now, you know. I'm friends with him and talk to him, but I didn't love him the same. I didn't have that love.
Speaker 1: I don't know what, Clara, that's that's really it's garbage. I hear that all the time, and it's garbage. You're gonna the next guy. You're gonna wake up and he's gonna have bad breath in the morning too, and he's going to that. That whole falling in and out of love thing is not real. It's just it's it's people not wanting to work towards the relationship anymore.
Speaker 5: Maybe that wasn't.
Speaker 4: Maybe, well, that.
Speaker 1: Can happen with anyone. And if you can't work it there, then I don't think you deserve another one. The whole point is is if it's not disposable, it's this concept of you know, breaking the china and going, well, yes, but that's because I didn't want that plate, but I want a new piece of china, and I'm gonna eat off of this one. And it's gonna I'm gonna keep it cleaning. No, it's people. If you don't respect the relationship for what it is, and that is good and bad, for better, for worse and sickness and in health and working towards it and giving the opportunity. God's always going to want you to reconcile, always unless they're beating you or there's uh, there's any kind of abuse physical emotional.
Speaker 5: We did have that that it could have been for a number of reasons.
Speaker 1: You know, there's all kinds. But it depends if you are a participant in it. If you're a participant in it and you and you're drinking and the like or bringing that in.
Speaker 5: Okay, just that's the past. Though, what can I do? You know, I can't change it.
Speaker 1: Well, but I don't want you to relive it. I realize that that that can't change. But you have to. So you're in a different place now.
Speaker 5: Right, So do I marry again?
Speaker 1: But you bring the old you know, you bring the stuff into it. The marrying again is is your choice because.
Speaker 5: If I'm living in sin. You know, we went to church, we try to go to church together. We're both spiritual, and they frown, you know, they said, if you're living together, we'll find out, and so we didn't. Never went back, you know, because we're living together. So what do you know?
Speaker 1: So you haven't really changed?
Speaker 5: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Well, you're kind of doing things the way you want to do them because it's convenient.
Speaker 5: I prayed about it. I pray about it.
Speaker 1: I pray you pray about living together.
Speaker 5: No, I pray about making the right choices.
Speaker 1: Okay, while you're making the wrong choices. So which would if you were? Have you been in the program at all?
Speaker 5: A yes?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay. Are you going to sit there and tell them that you're you're praying about it while you're drinking? No, okay, but you're you're doing something, You're living a situation that doesn't glorify God, and then you're telling me you're praying about it. My concern is this, and it's not the situations. They will change. We talk about that all the time. And I'll give you that the old relationship is gone. But all you're doing is bringing the same stink into a new relationship. You need to work on you, not a relationship.
Speaker 5: I think God. Okay, in my I think God brought us together. We've been together three and a half years.
Speaker 1: And there's people that think that God calls them to kill other people. In this particular case, you're saying that God brought you together. That may very well be, and then you abuse it by living together and going against God's desire for your relationship.
Speaker 5: So we definitely don't have his.
Speaker 1: Blessings, not in its current state. It doesn't mean that I don't love you, or doesn't mean that I don't want the best for you and that this can't work out. None of that's true. Of course, it can work out. It means it means that you're doing it your own way, and you didn't do it right the first time, and it won't change this time. You and I will just be talking in a couple of years.
Speaker 5: From now and the current situation that I'm in, and am I to leave them? I love them?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Love them separately? Or get married. Why don't you guys get married?
Speaker 5: That's what I'm asking.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, but in that context, why is it taken three years? Why did you move in first?
Speaker 5: I shouldn't have if I made a mistake.
Speaker 1: Okay, but but this is what I want to know, honey. I don't care about that The situation can come and go, the guys can come and go. I care about you, and you keep taking the same luggage with you and wondering why, wondering why every room you go to has bed bugs. I'm saying they're in your luggage. You're bringing them to every room.
Speaker 5: And haven't been with many men. My husband was the first and this is the second. But I just want to I know I did it wrong.
Speaker 1: How long were you How long were you separated from your ex husband?
Speaker 5: Well, I went to Solber Living, so we were so worrited about two years.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you did you come across the uh, your new bo and so.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: And they tend to frown upon that, don't they.
Speaker 5: It was suggested not to get in a relationship.
Speaker 1: It was suggested very strong. It was oh boy, that seems to be a running theme now, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It does?
Speaker 1: Okay, So why why do you not follow directions? Everyone is.
Speaker 5: I just made wrong decisions? You know, I made wrong decisions, and I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't impact time, I know, but those But I'm not worried about the past. I'm worried about the present and the future. And if you continue down this path, You're going to continue to make bad decisions and they're going to bite you in the fanny. And that's what I don't want. There's ways around this, and it doesn't mean people make these false dilemmas that it's either loneliness forever and ever and ever or make bad choices. That's just not right. That's, you know, like the thief who says, well, you know, ripping people off is all I know how to do. Are you? Are you kidding me? You're smarter than that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just, you know, I just so bad about it.
Speaker 1: But I don't want you to feel bad. I don't want you to feel shame. I don't want you to feel anything that that that the you know, traditional church or attitude is going to make you feel. That's not my purpose. My purpose is for you to look at a decision pattern that you make that is against the will of God, the very God that you say that you love and you and that you worship and you want to guide you, and then you ignore how he guides you. And I'm saying, if you do that, will.
Speaker 5: You know I read on self when I make wrong choices and when I say I pray to him, I'm praying to him. But I'm not listen my guy.
Speaker 1: Nope, And you know right from wrong. You absolutely do. I can hear it in your voice. You're no dumby, and you call in and the very things you're saying you know are wrong as you're saying them, and you don't even need this is This is not new information. This is confirmation of things you knew when you called. So I'm not telling you anything new.
Speaker 5: No, you're not. Yep, you're not. So the right thing to do is to get married.
Speaker 1: Well, if this is, if this, if you're called to be with this man, nothing's going to keep you from this man, then at least do it right, marry him and be committed to one another. But you should decide these things beforehand. And people aren't gonna spiral into hell because they live together. It's not about that. And it's not just trying to be this big wet blanket in the sky telling you don't don't do things that you want to do. It's not what I'm trying to get across. It's that you sell yourself short on things. You sell yourself short on those first moments, first time you guys wake up together in the same bed, the first time you have breakfast together, the first time you make love in that bed, in that home, and those things, all those things you cheat yourself. You've already spent them, and now you get married and it's like, oh, well, nothing's changed. Of course, nothing's changed. It's the same old, same ole, and you sell yourself short. And that's that's what I'm trying to get across. Elliott, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show. Hi, I am well, how can I help you?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: I would like to say that share your message you know about spiritual growth and strength is very very good message. For a very long time for myself, I was going through a lot of those things and I'm slowly coming out of that situation where just the lack of education and the long term job that I had also went under me. So when you're in a position where you can't afford the fancy cars and the big house and not able to put out for your kids anymore, people do want to look upon down on you. But I also feel that the spiritual growth that I have have gotten from just being off about it, not trying to hide it. And that's where I agree on your point of view that you.
Speaker 1: Know, what's interesting, Elliott, is that you pointed out the difference between there are a lot of people that are accountable to the world and what the world thinks of them about the cars and the luxury and the things that they own, rather than being accountable just to their family, or being accountable to that which is true and good, making an honest living, rather than thinking, oh, well, this is what I have to do. And there is a major major difference between the two, wouldn't you say?
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, And some of the things that I was lacking, I'm actually I'm starting to gather those type of tools such as education and some of the things that I want to pursue now that will put me in a better position.
Speaker 1: So definitely, Well, excellent, what's going on today? Did you have a question?
Speaker 4: No, I don't. That was pretty much it. I think everybody needs to really kind hear your message that you have because it's a very special thing. People need to know. Other scripture that talk about, you know, the stature of a person when they're going through a lot, and I think it's.
Speaker 1: Not well, I'm so glad that you called. I'm glad that it hits home with It's important that you know, whenever we bring something up. We don't do sermons really or any of that type of thing on the show. It's just not who we are. But there are a lot of truths that are in scripture that sometimes people don't know how to mine out or see. And often it's confirmation. You know, you feel a certain way, or you hear certain things or and you're not sure. And my hope is that on the program, when you hear them here, that it solidifies what you're going through and helps explain certain things and emboldens you to the truth because you can feel alone a lot of times when you're doing those things and you're kind of feeling like, oh, well, you know, is this the right path or is it's not about not having things, are not working hard or any of that. Of course, God calls you to work hard. But the art of accountability is so wonderful because it's in every part of your life. It's so funny how how many people know how to be accountable in the workplace, the task at hand, it's in front of you at the time you're supposed to be there, what you're supposed to be doing. So it's a matter of oh, okay, well, this is what I do, this is the task at hand, and I'll be accountable to that. But on every day, on the everyday level, when you have to interact with God and the people around you, is when people get wishy washy, and it's very easy to try and be accountable to the world for the concepts of the world, money, fame, power, all these things, and forget about the bigger picture of accountability, that accountability is towards God and towards God's people and to the things of God. This world today is an interesting one when you'll send your kids off to play soccer or baseball or Little League, any of these things, and everyone gets a trophy and no one really keeps score, and therefore there's no accountability. The frustration is that on one side you've got a bureaucracy or a very wishy washy concept of well, every kid just for showing up gets an award. Now I get that, if you want to acknowledge everyone for playing during over a season is one thing. But there will be a team that is better than the other team. There will be a player that is better than other players. And if you don't acknowledge that, if you aren't accountable to them as they are accountable to the rules of the game, no one learns and no one gets better, and so you end up pumping out a class of child that doesn't know whether they're good or bad at something and doesn't care, and therefore there's no accountability, not even to the simple rules of a game. And then when that child grows up, then you just get an adult who's not accountable. Well, I don't want to do it that way. Or you see people jumping from job to job and not ever wanting to learn or to truly grow, that comes exactly from this concept of not being accountable. And so I was thinking over and praying over what I wanted to talk to you about today. I wanted to make sure that it wasn't just some sort of religious accountability, because it's more than that. It plays a part in every nook and cranny of your life, your relationships. A lot of relationships break down because of accountability. Focus on the act of accountability in every part, every walk of your life. Thank you for joining me this Sunday, joining me next Sunday, And remember, more importantly than all the nuttiness in this world, I am with you always KFI AM six forty on demand