Speaker 1: And here we go with a Minnesota good bye. Let's see if anybody else has got a story about pooping their pants, we will you know, I think everybody does, but most people don't want to share it. You know, when I had an idea, you should write this town. Yeah, I had an idea when I was walking or riding the bike yesterday. On a scale of one to ten, how happy are you? And it could be anonymous because you would text in we don't know your name, we don't know anything about you when you text. So maybe we should do that tomorrow on a scale of one to ten, how happy are you? Because I'm curious how happy people are? And it made me think, like, you know, you're walking along the you know, riding along the trail yesterday, and there was it was pretty busy. It was right after work, four to five ish or so, and it was pretty busy, so you weave around a lot of people, and people would weave around you, and I thought, you know, you see somebody out there walking along. Are they happy? Are they out walking because they're so grief stricken that they, you know, just need to get out of the house. Or are they depressed or anxious or maybe they're depressed, but they're still happy. I don't know if that's possible. Yeah, but I would say I'm pretty happy. I have my peaks and valleys. I'm generally a happy person because I've got it pretty good. Yeah, I don't have a lot to be unhappy about. Yeah, but I would say I'm probably a seven. I average a seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's really subjective because if I, like, if I analyze how happy I am, like in a moment, I feel like I could always be happier. But if I look at like my life as a whole, I think I'm pretty happy. Like I might be lonely sometimes, but I like my life and I think it's really fun and interesting and I like living every single day. So I would say that that equates happiness. But if I was saying, like, Bailey, are you happy right now? It would be hard to determine that unless I was like walking down the middle of Main Street, USA, Okay in Disney World.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I have my moments. I'm like everybody else, but I think that people. You know, I've said this before. I'm just a generally happy person. I don't have a whole lot I can pick out things to complain about, and I do, but they're usually dumb things like good, Bailey, the Caribou coffee today is really inconsistent and bad good. But I don't sit there and go, God, my kids are rotten and my job is rotten.
Speaker 2: We're both optimists, I think, And do you think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, good.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're a pessimist.
Speaker 1: I don't really think I can be pessimistic sometimes. I have a friend who's sometimes very difficult because she is the ultimate glass is half empty kind of a person. And if you're listening, you know I love you and I've told you this. I said, you need to not make the worst case scenario happen in your head every time a new story came out a couple of Saturdays that there was a data breach on Facebook and a data breach on Google or Yahoo or whatever it was. And she's like, oh my god, I've spent the morning changing all of my past codes and now I'm worried somebody's gonna steal my identity. And I'm like, You've got to stop going to the darkest place possible. Yeah, And I think that just some people are naturally that.
Speaker 3: Way, yeah, or your mind jumps to the worst case scenario, and mine always like I always try and see the bright side of anything, Like even if I got into a car accident, I'd be like, well, at least I'm alive, and at least I have decent insurance. You bet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, good. That's a good mindset to have. All right. So a couple of emails, it says Minnesota, Goodbye. Brushes with fame, Donna writes in and sayers, I've had a couple of brushes with fame, most recently Dave Grohl in Nashville, who was super cool and fun to hang out with a couple of hours. And way back when Fergie from Toto used to play for years as a member of our country club in Rochester, he was cool and interesting to talk to. And also Matt Damon played in a charity tournament and hung out at the bar for hours afterwards. Oh that's some pretty big celebrities. So all my experiences have been super positive. Curious to see who else has had these brushes with fame. Love y'all. You brighten my days. Thank you, Donna. I don't think I've had a organic celebrity encounter. Every one of my celebrity encounters has been because of what we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I that, Yeah, I don't meet celebrities period like ever. I mean I saw I always tell a story about seeing Post Malone at Disney World. I saw him, made eye contact him three times. We did not speak. I also saw Zach Braff at Disney World and squeezed a whoope cushion when I said hello. So it was hello and he I don't even think he looked at me. So I don't meet many celebrities unless it's like a meet and greet, because then I'll like then it's but that doesn't feel organic like you were saying, yeah, so my people.
Speaker 1: My only organic that I can think of is Shaq was in town for the super Bowl and he flew into the Flying Cloud Airport instead of the Big one because the Big one was too crowded because everybody was flying in. So Shaq was there in the lobby and I was on the phone with Steve and Fallon and I said, Shack's in the lobby. He's right over there, and they said, don't be a whimp, go over and say hi to him. I'm like, the challenge accepted. So I went over and I said I'm a local DJ. And he was very fun and he said, I'm a DJ too. He goes, I go to the clubs, I play white Boy Rock. I said, oh, what's white boy rock? He said, Rick Springfield. White people love Rick Springfield. And he was just charming and funny and he didn't have to be Yeah, he could have said nice to meet you, right and then look back at his phone. Was tall, he was sitting down.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank goodness.
Speaker 1: Yes, but that was my only real non station celebrity in County.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anytime I see one, I just think, oh, that person looks a lot like so and so. Even if it is that person, I'll just be like, Wow, what a doppelganger?
Speaker 1: Did I ever tell you the story? I read this? You know? The Beatles. George Harrison was the guitar player for the Beatles, and in the seventies he was extremely famous. Couldn't go anywhere without people going, oh, my god, you're George Harrison. So he bought a really shitty car and when he would drive around LA and Hollywood, he knew that people would look at him and go, God, that guy looks like George Harrison, but it wouldn't be George Harrison, because George Harrison would be in a Mercedes or something.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't be driving that shitty about right. Yeah, he gets that all the time.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Here we go with a poop story, and Jennifer writes in, I heard your story about pooping in the bushes. I had to share this. A couple of weeks ago, I pulled into work after running some afternoon errands. I'm walking past the building. I catch a glimpse of a mushy substance out of the corner of my eye. I immediately know it's a bodily function gone wrong. Mind you, this is literally right outside the front door of work. I cannot bring myself to investigate further. I go in and share that somebody had an accident in some kind. Wasn't sure it was puke or poop, So we did what any office coals would do. We pulled up the cameras. What we witnessed was something we can never unsee. Poor woman on video visibly struggling with some tummy troubles, pacing, shaking hands. You could almost see the sweat on her brow. Shoot it out of options and had to make a decision. That pole decision was to pull her pants down in a very public place and have an explosive shit in the rocks. Then she pulled out some sort of small tissue out of her purse and gave a very half assed wipe and threw it on the sidewalk, proceeded to pull up her pants and go on with her life. After a good laugh, we discussed what we would do in that situation. It was unanimous we would poop our pants and head home to clean up. What would you do? Okay, Well, I think that there's got to be somewhere better than on the sidewalk in front of work, in a public around the corner, because you know what, even if you have to go suddenly, you have at least a few minutes of warning, yeah, and probably maybe thirty seconds of like there ain't no going back exactly. So you duck behind a dumpster, or you'd get the trash can out, or you get behind a bush or something. But to go right on the sidewalk is like, that's just raw, bro.
Speaker 3: Just find a bush. There's got to be a bush, smart thing, Yeah, somewhere that is so. I love how stories because they're so funny. I like that. I've never had a poop in my pants situation, but that means I'm probably overdue.
Speaker 1: Right down, Where did you take an emergency poop?
Speaker 2: Emergency poop?
Speaker 1: Because we've done that a couple of times on the show. And I remember a friend of mine. She was in the laundry room, I think at her apartment, and she's like, I ain't gonna make it upstairs. I'm not going to make it, So she pooped in the laundry room trash can.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Well at least it's a trash can.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, Happy day my favorite crew once again, Christia with another rando question, What is the most sentimental valuable thing that you own, so not money wise, besides pets, because we all know our babies mean the world to us. Mine would definitely be the velveteen rabbit I got when I was one year old. He still sleeps in my bed thirty five years later. Or my dog plush that I got to replace my baby dog Tilly who we lost enough fire. Oh but it actually has her caller on it too. Sorry it might be a little sappy, but hey, love you guys, all right. From Kristen, I hadn't thought about that. I actually have a few things from my mom and dad that are sentimental. I would say my dad got the Distinguished Flying Cross in World War Two, which is I think one of the highest honors you can get, and I still have it. You had to be a pilot or an airman, that's what they called him back then, airman, and you had to fly in battle and combat, and so he has the Distinguished Flying Cross. So I would say probably that, but I could think about other things too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my family is not really for sentimental things.
Speaker 2: I do have. My mom got me this.
Speaker 3: Kind of like it's a framed sort of print of something my grandpa who is now gone, and I really loved him, we were pretty close. But he wrote down the lyrics to You'll Never Walk Alone because he read it at church the week before he died, and he had to write it on a big on a piece of paper so he could read it. And my grandma gave me that piece of paper and my mom had it like printed on this like really pretty piece of like wood, and I have that and it's just in my grandpa's handwriting, and it's nice and big and it makes me think of him. So I think that's pretty sentimental.
Speaker 2: We don't really like. Yeah, we don't really hold on to sentimental like things.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, some people don't. Yeah, And I think sometimes as you get a bit older, you get a little bit more sentimental.
Speaker 3: I do have a dress that belonged to my mother that I wear occasionally, that she would wear at like work events like work a not an award ceremonies, but just she would wear them at work. And I always thought my mom was so cool when I was a kid because she was like a career woman. So now I own her dress and it's got sunflowers on it.
Speaker 2: So ah, so cute.
Speaker 1: That's very sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I found the lyrics too. You'll Never Walk Alone.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love it.
Speaker 1: It's from the show. It's from some show Rogers and Hammerstein.
Speaker 2: I think it's Carousel.
Speaker 1: Okay, sounds right. So let me read this to you. You'll never walk alone. When you walk through a storm, keep your chin up high, and don't be afraid of the dark. At the end of the storm is a golden sky and the sweet silver song of a lark. Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, though your dreams may be tossed and blown, walk on, walk on with hope In your heart and you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone. Oh that's pretty and very pretty.
Speaker 2: Is my Grandpa's favorite song is You'll Never Walk Along.
Speaker 1: I don't know how it goes, but I've definitely yeah, that's really that's beautiful walk No, no, no, Now you're ruining it. Now you're ruining it. Okay, we skipped it. We talked yesterday about banned baby names, and there was an article that said in the United States, there's certain names you're not allowed to name your baby, and one was king, and one was Queen, and one was Majesty and then there's Adolf Hitler and Santa Claus. And we said, I don't think that's true. And then some people debated and said, yeah, it is true in some country or some states or whatever. But they say this from Naomi says, I believe it's Australia where they are illegal, so they have banned baby names in Australia. I'm trying to blow up her text and I'm having a little difficulty. But for example, King, Queen, and Pope, as well as offensive terms, brand names, and names associated with religious figures, mythical injuries. For example, Baron Duke Princess admiral are not allowed in Australia.
Speaker 3: I know a princess, so that's hmm okay, okay. I mean we all said we knew like either somebody who's named King or Kingston or King something or other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty common, all.
Speaker 1: Right, next one, please don't say my name. You were talking about something that somebody said that's stuck with you. Back in college, I started weight watchers. I lost a bunch of weight. I was close to graduating. My dad said, it's good you lost the weight. It's easier to get a job. Oh oush. My weight has gone up and down over the decades, and I still think about this comment when I go in for an interview on a bigger size. That's it. I hope you have a wonderful day, I think as a parent. I started thinking about this yesterday. I read her email last night at home, and I thought, God, is there anything I've ever said to Alison or Carson that is stuck with them? Probably I said something to Carson one time because he was so shy. He was about six great and it was annoyingly shy. It's like, Carson, make an effort. And I said something like shy people are losers. And he said, so you're saying I'm a loser. And I said, it's not what I meant. And it wasn't what I meant, but I was like I was trying to I don't know what I was trying to do, but I said, shy people are losers. And I hope it didn't stick with him. I don't want to know. He is still so painfully quiet, and it's funny because he deals with other people all through his day with his tour manager biz, at his job, and he's got a ton of friends. He lives with three guys, he's got tons of friends. Whenever he comes home, he's gone all the time with his buddies. So he's not boring. But like when you have a conversation with Carson, you got to do all the you got to bring up every subject. And I've really tried to train him, like ask how somebody's day was, what'd you do this weekend? Yeah? What do you like to do when you're not working? And he's just not so.
Speaker 3: He does take like practice though, because I once had a friend of mine tell me that I was a bad friend because I never asked him many questions. Yeah, but I thought like, oh, we're just having a conversation, Like if you want to say something, then you should say it. But now I'm trying to be better in general. I mean that was like fifteen years ago. But like, if I'm having a conversation with somebody and I realize that I'm talking a lot because they keep asking me questions, I'd be like barely ask them a question. Yeah, in my brain, So it definitely is like I don't think it's something you just like pick up.
Speaker 2: You have to like constantly work at it.
Speaker 1: I think so. Yeah, and some people are better, Like my friend Curtis is the best. You almost feel like we go to lunch. It feels like a job interview sometimes. Yeah, So tell me how is Alison doing it? And how far along is she with her new baby? Yeah? Does she have any new baby names picked out? How do the other girls feel about becoming big sisters? And it's like I'll answer all these questions and then I'd like, well, tell me what's going on with your work? Oh, it's fine, anyway, more about Alison. So some people are just really good at that. I think he really enjoys that, all right, Next one tap that elite. Here we go. Hello, It's Jess, longtime listener, first time emailer, and random texter. When we text in questions, does it have a running list of all the messages we have sent or do people usually sign their name? I've always been curious. I keep meaning to send this message when I'm listening, and I keep forgetting, but I decided to send it while I binge me some Minnesota Goodbye? Can I get a sticker that is Jess up in Coon Rapids? How would you answer that question?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so when you text in, your number is attached to it, so we can click the phone number and see your like bank of all the text messages that you've sent in since we started the service. But we don't like no, it's it just seems anonymous as it's like popping up unless you like sign your name. So we do have a handful of people who sign their name, and so then we can see like, Okay, so and So is texting us again, like Rowan's texting us, Michelle is texting us. And that's I honestly like it when people sign their name, especially if they're a frequent texter, because sometimes I just like memorize the last four digits of the phone number, and I'm like, oh, this is the person who texts in frequently. And then I check by clicking the number to go back and see, like, is this the person I was thinking of? So yeah, we can see like.
Speaker 1: Your history, your history, but we don't know your name. No, by default, we don't.
Speaker 2: Know your name.
Speaker 3: We don't know like who you are unless we click on the number and find out using context clues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, next one, please don't say my name. I have something been going through wondered if any of you have had experience with it. I worked in sales for a tech company for the past six years in the building right next to your space Needle studio. The first few years were great, great people, great benefits, great work life balance. However, last couple of years, the best people of the come have left. It's a high school click and directors are promoted based on how well they suck the VP's ass. It has nothing to do with merit. I have felt pushed out and gasoling into thinking I am the problem. You're too negative. Smile more, stay positive and manifest the big deal, and big deals will come your way. This is truly the advice they give. Do you all or anyone listening have experience with being pushed out of a job. The vibe I'm getting is the new hires are two naive to know any different. So senior leadership is trying to get rid of the most tenured grips that have an opinion so they can keep the smiling new people. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for doing what you do. I don't the only thing, and I don't want to turn this back on you, but I would just take a second to self reflect and say, am I negative? Do I seem grumpy or cranky around the office? And I'm going to guess that the answer is no, I'm fine. I might be a little bit pissy because of the way I'm treated, but I would self reflect. It's kind of like they say, if everybody around you is a jerk, you're the jerk. You ever heard that before?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: I heard that on a book on tape back when they were cassettes, and I was sitting at the airport somewhere waiting for a flight, and it said, and we'll round it up, wrap it up with this. If everybody around you is a jerk. You're the jerk, and I started to think, well, everybody around me is kind of a jerk, maybe I And I think I was because I was immature. Yeah, and I was a big man on the radio at twenty four years old, and I thought I was in the shit. So I think I kind of was the jerk. No, anyway, so let's go back to you probably are not, but it's least take ten seconds to reflect that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never been pushed out of a job before. I feel like I've been treated not the greatest at a job. I was an intern once for like my dream job. I wanted it so badly, and then they hired at the end of my internship for essentially the job I was already doing. And I applied and I didn't get and they took me out to lunch on the last day of my internship to be like, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: For your work that you did here. It was just so great getting to know you.
Speaker 3: And that was before I found out that I didn't get hired, and so I feel like that was a little bit shitty of them, like a pretty misleading to be like okay bye, And I was like, but I don't want to be gone, Like you're not respecting me wanting to be here because I applied for it, and you know I applied for it, and now you're saying goodbye to me. So it kind of felt like a all right, we know you applied, but we're not going to give it to you. This other person just has better qualifications. Bye, Like I'm literally.
Speaker 2: Doing the job already. But I don't know what it was about me. They just didn't care for me, I.
Speaker 1: Guess, And sometimes that's just the way it is. And I knew somebody who worked at a moderately big sized advertising agency here in town, and it was run by a woman who she had a circle around her that was like a cult, and if you did not get accepted into that circle, you were treated like shit. And this was a brilliant and this is a woman that I knew very well, brilliant, the kind of I used to say, you are an employer's wet dream, because you are smart and capable and compassionate and warm, and you're attractive and I mean I don't mean like hot, I mean like you dressed the part, and you look the part, and your hair is the part, and you walk the part, but she just was never accepted into that inner circle and eventually she got fired.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels like high school over again. I mean, in general, a lot of jobs are very kind of cliqui the in crowd.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a little bit of a clique crowd here in our building, but it doesn't really affect us very much. We're not in that cliquie crowd.
Speaker 2: We're in a little like island.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like everybody on air people are on an island, and then like salespeople are in their own little group.
Speaker 2: But like I couldn't go into there and talk to them, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I could there is this is the thing about salespeople. They're so friendly. Yeah, they're salespeople. If you walk back into the sales area and you said hi, Leslie, she'd be like.
Speaker 3: Hey, I saw her in the bathroom and I did say hi, and she said hi, and she'll is.
Speaker 1: You Leslie would put down her pen and go what are you'd up to these days? Or if you went back and said hi to Eric, Eric would be like, hey, what are you doing? I heard you guys talking about the vikings this morning, you know what I mean? So the salespeople are very They're very friendly.
Speaker 2: All right, Next one, last one. I'm looking at our time.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, hold on one second it did it? Did do? Do you? Okay? In Minnesota? Goodbye from our friend Mike. Hello friend, So happy to see Jenny and David cub on Friday. I treasure each one on this show and want to bless each of you as you bless me each morning. Question what makes one a Zaddy? Okay, Bailey, and he goes on to say, as I hope to become available in the near future, interested in finding out like what is out there and what I can do to prepare myself. All right, I.
Speaker 3: Feel like a Zaddy is all about the confidence, but you do have to be like Over, I don't know fifty five to be a Zaddy okay, and have like some gray hair, which Mike does. Other than that, I think it's the confidence. Zaddy is who you are, not what you.
Speaker 1: Are that's interesting. Is that who you are? Okay? I know you're pulling shit out of your ass Over, Yeah, I know, Mike. I love you. I don't think that you are a Zaddy, but I do think you're attractive. I was telling my gay friend Curtis. I said, yeah, I know this friend Mike. He's it's you know, it's too bad that he's not gay, because you would really like him. Yeah, because he's really attractive. But I don't know, it seems like Zaddy's got a little bit of a playboy in it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I have like one extra button undone on your shirt.
Speaker 1: Right, and Mike, that's not you. I think that Mike, if you are ever available, and people will find you attractive because you're genuine and your kind, you're kind of hot, and you're you know, financially stable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just going down to the old Beapho Brady's or the Willie McCoy's instead of the bar, and then I think that's all you need to do, Mike, Really you think I feel like some lady is gonna walk he how you buy me a drink like Miller Lights with olives?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that is going to do it. That is it for the Minnesota goodbye this time. Thank you for listening. We appreciate you sending your emails about anything at all to Ryan's show at KDWB dot com