Speaker 1: JB. I saw something and read something recently that made me think of you, because you've kind of been on this. I mean, you recently installed a sauna and cold plunge at your house, red light therapy. You're doing all these what you call them micro gains in your houth? Is that what you call them?
Speaker 2: I'm an influencer and people see me free stuff. No, I'm a slab and I'm trying to live better. Yeah, No, no freebies. I straight up paid for all this stuff. But yeah, just little things. I've really tweaked my diet over the years. I've tweaked my exercise and and just a lot of different things.
Speaker 3: And I really I love.
Speaker 2: The Sona one of the best purchases I've ever made, honest honestly.
Speaker 1: And everything you read about everything you read about sauna is that it's just great for you. I heard about this place in Austin. It's in West Lake, uh and it's called Ways Too Well, and this sounds right up your alley. And also something that I'm really really interested in. It's run by a guy named Brigham Buehler. And what it is is a they do a lot of things, but we're going to focus on what they do with their blood work. It's a comprehensive blood draw at their lab, and then they identify I'm looking at their website over over seventy bio markers which are analyzed, you know, and they give you this report about yourself, and you have a forty five minute consultation with one of the people that how often do you get a forty five minute consultation with your primary care doctor? You get about six minutes on average, six minutes. And then they can kind of and the more that I read about this, they can tell you if you are on the path to diabetes, they can tell you if you're on a path to cancer. It's a really really long time, but it's something that I thought was just really really interesting and something that would be right up your alley. They said, they focus on optimizing your hormones, metabolism, and overall wellness with a custom treatment plan design for lasting result results and any necessary medications are filled after your visit. So I just thought that was kind of cool. And then you know, here's the price. Now, before I tell you the price, keep in mind what you spend on your car to keep it running. Okay, but for this, for this blood work. It's five hundred and forty nine dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh all right, I was guessing more than that.
Speaker 1: Right, I thought it would be too.
Speaker 3: Because insurance probably doesn't cover them.
Speaker 1: No, in fact, in fact, for a variety of reasons, they don't want your insurance to know these results. Oh they know, And do you want to know why? Yeah, okay, they don't want your insurance to know about these results because they could kick you off your plan. They could, you know, it could get you kicked off your plan, or it could keep you on the plan, but only medicate you for it and not get to the root of the problem. Just give them medication, you know, for six or seven years, and then when they get set canceling. You know what I'm saying. You know how insurance works, right, and so they they they say, they're very honest about it. We do not want your insurance company knowing these results. And it's pretty obvious if you do any type of a dive into it at all, you can figure that out. But I mean, they test everything from your you know, your hemogloblin, your I can't say most of these words, amadcritma, how do.
Speaker 3: You say that?
Speaker 2: I think it's matter medacrid is how much oxygen's in your blood?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I mean it's just I just thought this was right up your alley and something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really interesting because you know, a couple of year years ago, Tony Robbins came out with that new book Life Force.
Speaker 3: There's they're having all these.
Speaker 2: Breakthroughs on all these kinds of things. And now with AI, they're detecting cancers in advance.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, are crazy.
Speaker 1: As we may be.
Speaker 2: On the cusp of not getting I mean, as we age, it's going to be better than it was for our parents. But our kids, I mean, my gosh, they're going to have they're going to live to be one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing about that. It's interesting you say that. I'm not joking when I say. The way I'm looking at about at this is getting older, is well, who gives a crap if you're lived to be one hundred if the last twenty years of it suck, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you can't do anything right, if.
Speaker 1: You're can't do anything, what why would you want to be alive? You know? Right? And and these guys are using you mentioned a I they use AI in an algorithm to kind of figure out where you're going in life, what your futures. Can it looks like so you could do something about it? Now it's ways too well. Wa ys the number two W E L L.
Speaker 4: Is there any part of you?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 4: They're like, hm, I feel like maybe I don't want to know, like the way I've treated my body for forty years.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, don't want to know, right.
Speaker 4: But I mean there's a mickey nervous. I know it's better to know, always go. I totally get that, but I feel like, I mean, I feel like you take the test and then you sit there and you just fingers crossed, like please don't let anything be wrong, Like that's nerve wracking.
Speaker 1: JB. They got hair loss too, They treat hair.
Speaker 4: Oh you might have to wear that red light therapy cap anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm barely hanging on to what I got, So yeah, I'm interested.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I pulled up their website. I'm going to check it out. I think this is something I would like.
Speaker 1: And again, five hundred and forty nine dollars, think about your car, Like if you had a repair that needed to be done in your car for forty nine dollars. You'd come up with the money, right, you have the money, but this is your body that you're talking about. I don't know if you know this, but you only get.
Speaker 4: One of these, yeah right, just one, just.
Speaker 1: One to take care of. So again, this is not a commercial for them. I just thought it was something very interesting and very cool and that it's available in Austin. They're in Westlake, So if you want to check it out, it's ways too well dot com stick around, more coming up. It's happened again. Instagram got JB. They served him up and ad and they got him. He made the purchase. We're gonna find out what that is, Trician. I don't know in just a moment. It's the Sandy. It's the JB and Sandy Hour. Make sure that you're with us tomorrow morning as well. We are going to do it tomorrow from eight until nine. Same thing on Thursday. And a reminder, the voice of the Longhorns, Craig Way, is going to join us on Thursday morning, so be here for that. Longhorn's got a big game this weekend, taking on Ohio State at the Cotton Bowl at AT and T Stadium in Arlington, Craig White's gonna join us. Craig's just fun to talk to you anyway. You can talk Longhorn sports all day long with him. But he's really a smart guy, very interesting guy too, So I look forward to chat with him on Thursday morning. We'll do that about seven, twenty seven, twenty five. It's probably my best guess. Before we get to JB's Instagram, what got him? Did you guys know that the astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson went to ut Now?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't know that, And I'm a fan of him. Whenever whenever I stumble across on TV or Internet, I stop id too. He's got something interesting to say, and he explains it in a way that I can understand, Like he's just man Chinese.
Speaker 4: He's like laid back about it. He's not super scientisty about it, where you're like, I don't understand what that is.
Speaker 1: Well, apparently he was also an excellent dancer, because he won a gold medal at a dance meet in nineteen eighty five doing Latin ballroom dancing for the University of Texas dance team. No idea, Wow, he's a doctor, right, Doctor deGrasse Tyson. Yeah, I had no idea that he was that talented jbie. What got you on Instagram?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're new to the show, I am a sucker. You know the algorithms, the listening in on me, They know the things I search online. They know, they just know.
Speaker 3: And I see an ad on Instagram and I buy it. I'm just such an idiot.
Speaker 2: I'm such a moron. I'm gonna hold up and show.
Speaker 3: You on camera. We're in different places here, and I'm going to show you what I bought, and you guess what it is. Okay, I'm holding it up.
Speaker 1: It's a Polish that's a Polish sausage maker.
Speaker 4: I belin. It's something that helps you pull your shoe off.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It kind of looks like you'd see one of those of Alan boots. Right, it's not a polar sausage maker. No, it's not a boot remover. Is it a yeah? Is it a firewood hold stacker? Now?
Speaker 2: Clearly my phone and my internet searches, the Instagram figured out that my lower back is hurting, okay, because I don't stretch. I'm just such a typical boneheaded dude, and I don't take care of myself. My wife every morning doing all of her stretches, and I don't. And so what I determined is that my hip.
Speaker 3: Flexers have gotten so tight.
Speaker 2: I'm always you know, I ride bikes and I sit at a desk a lot on a computer. Yeah, and so you're never extending everything the other way, and so this gizmo you lay it on the ground for those.
Speaker 3: You know, most people are listening and not watching any of this.
Speaker 2: But it's just a It's just a big piece of plastic with two big.
Speaker 3: Like mounds sticking out of it, and they're removable. You can just pop them off.
Speaker 2: They're interchangeable, and they make these different attachments and basically what you do is lay down on your stomach and let this thing poke into your hips to release all the pressure on your stomach. Yeah, and then you kind of get up on your elbows and those things go into the like between your hips and the top of your quads and yeah, and opens up that and then you can move these attachments around and lay on it and have it. It's basically just a cheap plastic thing to make laying down uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: It's like five bugs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nobody ever looked at and go I think I need a lay on that. Let me lay on that. Nobody would ever think that by seeing that machine.
Speaker 1: Have you used it enough to see if it's made a difference.
Speaker 2: It does work. I just have to have the discipline to do it. And you only need to do it for like a minute a day, one to three minutes or something like that. It's crazy. Yeah, my wife loves it.
Speaker 3: She lays her she puts these together and lays her neck on it, like.
Speaker 1: Oh oh wow.
Speaker 4: You know they say that hip flexers like affects everything leg pain, back pain, all the way up into your shoulders, like the hip flexers are in control of all the big things on the back of you.
Speaker 3: Well that's why I bought this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it never guess that.
Speaker 2: I mean you could go out I could go out in the backyard and find two rocks and lay on those and that would have been free.
Speaker 3: But I am just such a sucker.
Speaker 1: How about the person that came up with this idea actually had it made in China and then had it ship you know what I mean? They were like, you know what, I think there's a market out there for guys and gals that get their hip flexers working, and for this this was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is probably made for under five dollars.
Speaker 4: Probably going to stay for like seventy Yeah, yeah, right.
Speaker 3: It's silly.
Speaker 1: We've covered a lot of health issues today, you know what I mean. Yeah, we were talking to about ways to Well earlier. That's that place that will tell you all about your health by doing a blood draw. We talked about Trisha working out at Cooper MMA doing Muay Thai boxing. Now we're talking about your hip flexers getting all those suckers. Is this what our future looks like?
Speaker 2: When we were on the radio in our twenties, we were talking about where we partied.
Speaker 4: Last night, you know, drink discovered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back then, what direction I came to work from that day? It was just never knew. It was a yeah they do. I'm okay with it though, are you guys okay with that? I'm like, I feel like I feel like I lived my life in Austin. I had hell of a good time. I mean I didn't get cheated on anything that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't suffer from fomo. I don't, No, No, you tried it all, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, And so now it's just where to god, there's no way, there's no way in the world that late twenties, early thirty something Austinites are having near as much fun as we had the right. I mean, there's just no way.
Speaker 3: We weren't staring at phones.
Speaker 4: We were just thinking it. We're thinking it instead of just going out and meeting people and going here and going there. Everything is very calculated for their social media page and you know, trying to influence go to hot spot where everybody else says it's cool to go, even if you just want to go to some dive bar.
Speaker 2: My daughter's I feel for her generation, you know, they because there's always been a device in their hand, and you're always comparing yourselves.
Speaker 3: Even if you say, oh, I'm not going to do that, you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it always seems like everybody's life is better than yours, and they're in more exotic places than you'll ever go. And like we didn't have Particus Sandy's point, We just didn't have that. We were just knocking around having fun.
Speaker 1: Right, and we didn't, and we could, I mean, we could really cut loose because we weren't afraid of it being videoed and put on social media. Yeah, I'm serious. That's a real thing. You really act a fool and not have to worry about it getting put on social media, and.
Speaker 4: If it got back to you, you could deny it and they can improve it. Now they can prove it. Somebody got you on video, right.
Speaker 1: What a miserable existence. Oh my god, I'm so glad.
Speaker 4: But I think that's why the younger generation is choosing to stay in more. Apparently, like early dinners, we're talking about how alcohol seems to be not as big of a deal for them. I think that they've been stung and they're like, we better stay home, work's safe and nobody can see us.
Speaker 1: I think JB nailed it once when he said that the places that are people younger people are going to, they have to be entertained. No longer can you go to Deep Betty Cabaret and just sit and have a beer with your friend. You've got to go somewhere where you can play pickleball too, or video games.
Speaker 2: Our Yeah, our cads are back the outdoor park like setting bars or everywhere.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you've seen.
Speaker 2: All those popcums, Yeah, they've got to be entertained somehow. You just sit there and stare at the bartender generation.
Speaker 4: They still right back at you Yeah, people watching is the best, or you.
Speaker 1: Just sat around and waited for the action happened. Something was gonna happen, you know what I mean, something was gonna You knew it was gonna happen at some point, and if it didn't, you went to the next place, right. I just I know what you mean, JB. This younger generation, man, they it kind of sucks for them, I feel.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, it's like if you could, if they could unplug a bit like that, it would do them wonders.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, there was like some something that just shut down the Internet every night at a certain time.
Speaker 4: Into the real world.
Speaker 2: But look how different we all behave during COVID, and that's all gone where.
Speaker 1: I don't know how.
Speaker 2: It was nice to each other and yeah, and people were out walking around the neighborhood and chatting from across the street.
Speaker 3: Do you see that anymore?
Speaker 4: No, No, not at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people people ran out and bought tents and kayaks and.
Speaker 1: Boats, rbs And you're right, I mean, but I remember back during COVID, I said, the Trisha is like I was seeing the news and all this stuff and people, you know, the RV sales were through the roof and new home sales through the roof because interests were so low. I said to Tricia, are we the only people in the world worried about money right now?
Speaker 4: People were alway sudden rich during COVID.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was like, we're not buy no, damn RV, Are you kidding me? I think the world's going to end.
Speaker 2: When they announced that it was going to be a shutdown, I ran to Specs and filled a basket and.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't want to do it ready. That lasted about three days.
Speaker 4: I did the same thing, but it was with little debbies from ATV.
Speaker 1: Gone of the good old days. We're not turnally into that show though, We're not trying into the show that just reminisces about how great things used to be.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the difference about us is we're saying I feel for the younger generation, not you know, as a poe to Most people will come on.
Speaker 3: And go, oh, we had it so great. What do kids today know? You see how we can turn that around a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of wish she could have had it the way we had it.
Speaker 3: You'd enjoy it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you one thing that I wish would go back to the way that it used to be, and that's how your photos are organized on your iPhone.
Speaker 4: Ah why why did they change it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Not fun.
Speaker 3: I just upgraded. I can't find anything anymore, right, you can't.
Speaker 1: Thanks again for being with us. If you missed out on the first part of the show, make sure you grabbed the podcast. Search The Sandy Show on the iHeartRadio app look for the ones labeled dud JB and Sandy Show. Stick Around. More coming up on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one