Speaker 1: This is the in This League Fantasy Podcast network, in This League Fantasy Baseball podcast online at in this League dot com. Now here's your host, Bogman and the Welsh.
Speaker 2: What's up? Friends are welcome into the in This League Fantasy Baseball Podcast. I am the Welsh, that is the Bogman, and we are in the middle of a second half draft because it counts. I didn't win as a big secred. Who the hell won the first half? John? Because he has the first no, Chris Young, Chris Young, stupid loser Chris Young, win's the big winner loser win's the first half roto, which, by the way, this might be the superior way to do your home leagues now is to do a first half roto ends at the All Star break. Then you do second half with playoffs, and it keeps people invested because all the dumb losers who were out of it in the first half, they're now reinvested because we are re rafting as we speak. And I as the Lord, as the Lord intended, I okay, I'm not gonna am I gonna do the thing. I'm up here real quick, and I don't think I'm going to do the thing that you all think I'm gonna do just flip back is flip out? All right, I am going to do there's actually a little bit of a run because I want to set some stuff up here.
Speaker 3: We will go over our teams real quick here, but whilst she's in the.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna pull the trigger on this. This is super, super risky. I'm taking Aaron Judge. I just took Aaron Judge here because we're doing head to head. We are in the seventh round. Aaron Judge filled the seventh round. Why is that risky Because we don't have a timetable on him yet. That's why there's risk. But we are doing playoffs and that's what I just did it for. So we're going to do a breakdown. We are again in the seventh round. We just made our picks. Valuations are crazy. This is gonna be a fun exercise to understand who is buying into what of reality and then this might give a nice little piece into what is going to happen next year. This is a compliment, by the way, to something I did on Fantasy Pros today that Joe Rico and I did a two round mock and we kind of did it on our own and it's funny because the guy I took two overall is who I got at five. So that is the plan today. We're in the middle of it. Like I said, we're in the draft. We're doing it right now. We're in the seventh round. We got a decent shot to get through this and we will tell you what we've drafted, some of the crazy stuff in the rounds and as we live draft. If you guys want to support you boys, go to in this league dot com. You can sign up today in this league dot com. I just did on road a wire a first year player mock. Why is that relevant? Because I'm about to record a prospect one talking about my ranks and tiers, and then I'm going to be dropping a rank update. I've I think I've already got seventy five first year player guys listed, and I may it lower in this update. I know they're going on the top five hundred. They're in the Dynasty. So Dynasty Top four hundred Prospect, top five hundred first year player board already sitting out there for you, and we're going to be doing some P one a DPS in the next couple of weeks. If you want access to those things, and you would like access to maybe being a part of the p one ADPs. Sign up it in this league dot com today, you can also be a part of the group me rooms. It supports us, It's how we live. I love you for checking it out in this league dot Com. Doesn't matter that the season's ending, because in this league dot com, all right, box, we're in it. I ended up having the fifth pick. You have the third pick in this draft. How it was was wherever you finished in Roto, you got a KDS to pick where you wanted to draft. I'm actually surprised by the way. I didn't realize Chris Young won and he wanted to be six.
Speaker 3: He liked really in the middle to follow the runs. Ok, that was We talked about it.
Speaker 2: A little bit and he and he had a really interesting pick he made that that was probably part of the plan on why he did it. So I'm not going to get into the people like what kind of talk about it as we go. I mean there's some people, you know, Jesse Severe is in here. Jesse Severe is you know, a total madman. I mean c K in the football world. But this is like, this is our home league. Which was you know, some of our friends, some of our il people, and we are finishing the seventh round and it is a head to head play. So this is how the first round ended out. It went shoheo Tani at one. He's both players. Obviously, Bobby went to Jacob Miseerowski to Bogman at three, wan So to at four. I was so happy because I got James Wood at five, who I wanted. Jordan Walker went six to Chris Young, yard On Alvarez at seven, Scooball, Pete Roarmstong, Strong, c j Abrams, Ellie Day, La Cruz, and Junior Kim and Aro very chalk in my mind. I took Jordan Walker in our quote second round on the Fantasy Pros one. But I think there's a lot of chalk in here, box, so talk to us about miz Over. I mean, I took mizz in the I think the fifth or sixth pick on the Fantasy Pros one. So I'm down with what you did. But why don't you talk three? Why you took him three? Overall?
Speaker 3: It's head to head, right, So pitching matters a little bit more specifically in the playoffs. And uh, I mean He's just the most dominant pitch in the league by a mile. So I thought it was the one thing. You know, obviously had the little thing before the break that kind of worried me a little bit, but not enough to push me off the pick. So I decided this probably middle of the day yesterday and was just kind of hoping that it would fall that way. But it was obviously. I think it's pretty obvious the first two picks were gonna be a.
Speaker 2: W Yeah, well, I mean obvious. I took James Wood with the second pick in a Fantasy pros one and dude, I was doing some research. You know what was the most comical thing when I was just doing all my stuff when I saw, do you know, James Wood you have me runs?
Speaker 3: James Woodhouse sixty five a little bit higher. Seventy eighty nine is eighty nine runs.
Speaker 2: That was my reaction. Bogs eighty nine runs in the first half? Are you kidding me? I thought it runs out in the next guy It was like nineteen, Like the next guy was like in the seventies, dude, or sixties twenty one? Is that The next highest runs is Brian Reynolds. It's sixty eight brother. Is that the most insane thing I raised. I thought I was staring at something that was wrong and I didn't know what the hell was happening. And then you look and it's like his strikeout rate went down. I mean, everything was working in his favor, and I took him number two. But Bobby Witt was kind of the three to me, and but Misroowski was the number one pitcher. So I'm with you. But that's why I was so excited about James Wood at five. I'm up right now. If you want to talk through your pick, my James would pick or any of the other first round ones.
Speaker 3: So I'll just give you, guys. My team so far, it's been. My pitching staff is miss Sunny Gray and Hater, and my hitters right now are Pete Alonzo at first, Terrain at second, Otto Lopez at short, and Julio in the outfield. So I definitely could use some more outfield and pitching help. Third base is pretty ugly. I think at this point it might just be sit and wait. So I is that enough buffering? You have five seconds? Well, yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I was really I was gonna take a picture. I really hate the pitching. I actually just took Devers in the eighth round. Who is someone I'm buying in the second half. I'm really deplete on pitching right now, but I'm gonna try to make it up here. There's been way too good of hitting my This is what my team looks like hitting. I've got Vlad Guerrero at first base, JJ Weatherhold, Kevin McGonagall. I just took Devs at corner. I've got James Wood, Ronald a'cunya, and I did take Aaron Judge. And I've only got one pitcher in Chris Sale right now. So you know, from an injury risk standpoint, I was comfortable with Acunya because Acunya and I guess we'll go through it and talk about it like Acunya is on a rehab assignment right now, like he should be back like immediately. Judge is the big question mark that I'm I'm taking on. But if I can be in the top end and I get judged back for the playoffs, that's a calculating risk. Man.
Speaker 3: It is a very Judge and Acuna for the playoffs are awesome, but there's also I'd say there's a fifty fifty chance you have both and there's a fifty to fifty chance you have neither of them.
Speaker 2: You know what, that's fair. All of that's fair, and that's kind of what I was trying to come to terms with with doing that. I knew I wanted to take Judge in this because it's just an advance. I wouldn't do it if it was Rodo. We're gonna hear probably in a week or so about Judge, and I might get bad news and it might screw me for the season. But if he comes back and all of a sudden, I get him back in like mid August, and I get a run for the final weeks and the playoffs, that's the thing that was the game changer for me. So but but I'm really low on pitching, and that's something I've gotta you know, I've got to figure out at some point here because I'm really really heavy hitting. The second round turned around c K from junior Cameronaro went Corbyn Carroll, which I loved to tell Marte, Oh dude, you just sniped every Sunday. I was like, this is gonna be easy, and just take Brian Baker. I cannot even believe you just took Brian.
Speaker 3: I sent you into a tail spin. I love it.
Speaker 2: Christ Kyle Schwarber, Nick Kurtz, Paul Skein. Schlitler was the sixth pick in the second round. Wheeler, I took a kuonia at to a ben Rice, which really fell by the way. He went five in ar mock to Rico, Julio Rodriguez to you, Matt Olsen and Chris Sanchez. Was the second round.
Speaker 3: I text our boy Chatty who took ben Rice, and I said, you got me on right, because he was absolutely in my pot there, damn it.
Speaker 2: I was sitting there trying to figure out was I going to go ben Rice or a Kunya. I went back and forth, back and forth. The reason I didn't, yeah, I know, because I liked first base a little bit later and I just didn't And I don't care about catching, so I didn't want to press it. But that was a really, really tough one for me, So touches. I love the Julio pick. Julio, I think is a freaking smash for you. He's the second half player. You get him in the back out of the second round. I love this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Julio was I mean, you know, he has like the cross next to his name because he's on the concussion. I l but he should be right back, you know, off the IL as soon as the second half starts here. So it By the way, Resmussen was my other guy and I just.
Speaker 2: Use and i'd had him. He fell in this because, like you know, he had too kind of fun into the All Star break. Yeah, plunked into the break, but he had been so amazing. But yeah, I that one was kind of and now we're having like a closer run, which is bad. My favorite picks in the second round. I loved the ben Rice one. I thought, oh my god, it's all closers. I loved the Ben Rice pick. I thought Wheeler and Schlitler were I mean, I gotta be honest with you, he kind of loved everything. There isn't a pick I didn't like. There are picks that I thought, like, to be honest with you, I think Schwarber could have been a first round pick, regardless of being util Carrol might have some of the best biggest risk. I mean, frankly kind of curious where Acuna would have gone had I not taken him. I don't know if he would have moved in, So that might be the diceiest pick in the second round. Is it weird?
Speaker 3: Also, I didn't even mention this when you talk about the first round, but both of our drafts, Ellie went eleven like the first one was super shocked, And.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it camonarow Carrol too. Wasn't that like Combo that went could have been I don't remember that.
Speaker 3: But I took Ellie in the first half league so and I got him at eleven and I was shocked.
Speaker 2: So good. Yeah, all closers, Yeah, I screwed up. I mean you you took Baker, which I wanted. I thought about Bednar, but I only have one picture.
Speaker 3: So it's John's fault. He went back to back closers on the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just had O'Brien, then Bednar, then Lats then McGill. I think Lats and Bednar are crazy good deals, which is ridiculous. So that was the second round. Third round turned around, it went Yamamoto. So and there's due there goes moonyes Jesus. John got Otani, Sanchez and Yamamoto. It's ridiculous. Gammel took Mason Miller, who actually was the last pick in our Fantasy pros mock you took Terang Hunter Green, I took Chrissale Burns with six in the third round, a Rosarina, Miguel Vargas, Seescavin, Williams, Jose Ramirez and Churio. So like I tripped out about the Jose Ramirez thing. Ramirez going before judge to me, I don't know. I mean he's hitting off of a te which I g is like pretty good, I guess, they said shortly after the All Star break. I'm just not sure those two guys are too far apart, so that one kind of jag took. But then like Jack is also really safe. He had he took Freeman. In the next round, he had Katel, he had Ellie, Like, I think that was a really kind of good calculated risk that he took.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, pretty decent one there for him. I mean he is he is stacking together a pretty good team here. But I gotta say, like, you know, my league is not always doesn't always carry the best raptors. I feel like everyone's doing a pretty good job today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's a problem. I'm a little bit more used to people stinking it up a little bit more. Will and Chad know what they're doing this time. I liked that if people would have been stinking it up a little bit more because now like the deals or the deals are not happening.
Speaker 3: Where I was hoping.
Speaker 2: They're not dealing. And the fourth round first pick was Logan Gilbert, then it went Freeman Tatiss I thought I was thinking about him. That was a good pick. In the fourth round Gunner Anderson, Hunter, Goodman, Trey Turner, Sal Stewart. I took Vlad, I almost took Murakami, and he was the next pick, and I was like, damn it, okay uh mura Kami. You took Pete Alonzo, Brian Wu and then Bryce Harper. So we had a huge run of first basement in there. My favorite picks. I really like Murakami, I like Tatis. Talk to me about Alonzo here. You have to be pretty happy missed with Julio Terang and Alonzo. That's actually a really great run. Yeah, I mean, you know, it was really getting the point.
Speaker 3: You saw those first basemen go before I took Alonzo, and it was kind of to me Alonso was the end of a first base tier, so I just wanted to make sure I got him there. And I know exactly who I want to hear. I want you all to go much faster, please, I'd be nice.
Speaker 2: You got a guy, I got a couple of guys here. Do I want this guy here?
Speaker 3: Took any go the moves?
Speaker 2: I again, Vlad was really really just tapered down. There's no homers. I'm really banking on a second half where the batting average comes back up. I really wanted to build my team around batting average. So you know that one was really beating me up, especially that Murakami went right after. I mean, I'm having some regrets as I'm looking back through this. I think the later rounds I've done some really good stuff, but a few regrets that were in there. Anything you hated or particularly really loved, maybe more hated. I'm curious about in that fourth round.
Speaker 3: In the fourth let me just scroll up to it here. Oh man, it's doing the thing where it goes back.
Speaker 2: I know, I just it's the worst thing on the planet any that I who just went Brandon Marsh just went, of course.
Speaker 3: Marsh, Okay, you're gonna pick in the fourth here, let.
Speaker 2: Me just do this. I do this.
Speaker 3: It's gonna take me out of the room. Great, just tell me why I'm up again. Let's see flat Marcami Pi, Alonzo Wu. Maybe Wu was a little bit of a reach just from the season he's had, but you know, you can even say Gunner.
Speaker 2: Was a reach with the season that he's had.
Speaker 3: So uh but I I think the fourth round was pretty solid through and through. Who you taking Max Freid?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: I want Geno so bad here he was hot going into the break. You Hanios Suarez. Oh, okay, okay, we know that he is, you know, very very streaky player. Third base is a wasteland. I feel like at this point it's you know, Cols Montgomery was great with the Homers, but he hit two twenty. Then it's brooks Ley and Cabaliro and.
Speaker 2: This is not good current. I'm comfortable with it. But yeah, I get while you're doing that. So you're one pickaway. Fifth round it went because you're about to pick it went. Let's see what I ended. Bryce. However, like Kyle Tucker Buxton, you took Auto Lopez. I actually that was super sneaky because I wanted Auto Lopez Luis Garcia, but I really wanted Jiji Weatherholt and I got him second and short stuff eligible Andy Pajs, Joe Ryan into Jesse Severe who I really wanted, Nedo Jazz, Chisholm Logan Webb Lozardo and Cad Smith. Apologies if I hesitated, it's that thing Bogman's talking about every single time. It just like jolts back to the pick. So I love JJ Webber. I actually in this draft was thinking, like, I want to be the guy that takes all sneak.
Speaker 3: Not happy he was calling the ugly names in the chat.
Speaker 2: Oh good, absolutely, but I would have taken out a Lopez, but then it ended up being JJ weatherhol because it's position flexibility, there's power, there's batting average or speed like that's I wanted to build up that infield and that's why I went there. But my favorite picks, you're out of Lopez. I thought Kyle Tucker at the beginning of the round was really good and Joe Ryan as well. Those were probably the ones that like really stood out to me anything. I know you're about up, but was there anything for you? Actually? I am up.
Speaker 3: Let me just pick sam at nanci here Antonachi every single position and hits for a high average. So that gives me a little flexibility in my average stuff here because I do have I have Otto Lopez, I have terrang and Antonaci, but I also have Gino and Alonzo.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I just wanted to balance that a little bit. So we were talking about the fifth round, was it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what was your and now I'm up, what was your favorite least favorite of the fifth round? Fifth round? Uh?
Speaker 3: I mean these picks are pretty good. Maybe cade Smith probably didn't need to go that high, but I don't know. He's still an All Star. He dusted Carol last night. I don't know that there's really an ugly pick in here. I think these are pretty good. Tucker is just a risk even in the fifth. I think he was the first pick in the fifth, but good risk to take in the fifth. You know, he was the seventh. He was my seventh overall player going in, so I.
Speaker 2: There there's elements where damn severe districts.
Speaker 3: You know he has to recover. Yeah, like he doesn't recover in plays like he has in the first half. It is a waste to pick in the top five.
Speaker 2: Calculated risks, I think are really interesting in a draft like this because you've got guys that if you look at this like right now, performances that get really boosted up versus players that are underperforming. Players start to they hide, They're mysterious down there, and it's like people are not, you know, understanding where they are, so you can get a lot of value. I just don't hate it, but it's the same thing I did with lad. But I guess maybe I kind of do hate it because I was a little down on that. The sixth round. We've almost caught up to where we're live or getting there. It went Lindor deron Varland in the sixth round, so closers went in there. Casey Schmidt, Brian Reynolds, Nolan McClain was six six to Jesse Severe. Hunter Brown, I was thinking about that, went to Chris Young. I took Kevin McGonagall, So I have weather Hold and McGonagall, Parker Messick. You took Sonny Gray, Jacob de Gram and Yandi Diez. I really wanted to Grom in the sixth round. That pissed me off. I like Hunter Brown a lot, really like the Varlin Douran closers, but Kevin McGonagall qualifies at third base, so I was like, oh, please, for the love of God, let McGonagall get back to me. So I've got this like little nice power speed combo of runs. Maybe they lack RBI, but those are paired with like Akunya James Wood theoretically Aaron Judge if he gets back, So like I'm Russell Old Rafield evers like, I've calculated this, but I definitely have some injury risk. What would you like or dislike about that six round?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think Lindor was just such a value for c K, such a great pick in the sixth round. That one was really good. And then Hunter Brown I wanted and Chris Young took him. I was thinking about McGonagall and you took him. Varlin and Doron were both on my radar as well, so I ended up with Sonny Gray, who was fine, right, but I wanted I really wanted a closer here, so I went with Sonny Gray, but I took Hater on the way back, so that's that's how I went there. Dre Gram is good, he is old, and he had that glut strain right before the break, which makes me a little little nervous, so it's understandable.
Speaker 2: In the seventh rounded with Nadie Valdi, Jackson Merrill. You took Josh Hater, you got your closer. Jake McCarthy went right before. I think that's right when we got on. And then I took Aaron Judge in the seventh round, very calculator risk and went Brandon Lowe, William Contreras, Jake Bowers, Burlson, Akamoto, Trout, and Bellinger. I was definitely looking at Bellinger and Trout. Brandon low was in now my radar probably should have been, and you kind of you know what I did, You know what I was doing there. Aaron Judge was kind of my risky Kakamoto.
Speaker 3: A Kamoto has been great since the first month, right since moving up, and it was either up or back at the plate. I can't remember which one it was. I think he moved up, but he has been crushing the ball since then, so I thought that was a really good pick by.
Speaker 2: Will Yeah, my cues demolish. Ury Perez just went in the area. I'm almost just trying to like catch this up here. Eighth round Michael Harris, right Green, Jared Duran, Carson Binge, Max Mayor, Whya At Langford and Justice Severe. I thought it was interesting. O'Neil Cruz, I took Devers. I'm a bien Devers in the second half, mys Ashcraft to you, Langeliers and Chapman. The ninth round, it was Edwin Diaz, so Chapman and Diaz back to back for John kind of interesting. George Kirby, you took Brian Baker, pissed me off. CAGs went pissed between Baker and CAGs. So yeah, I took Grass Musen. Then we had that run of closers O'Brien, Bednar, Lats McGill, Munnos Bets and uh Bryce Miller into that round. Tenth round was Xavier Edwards, imon Aga, Bradish, Bradley, Albi's Machadofield to the tenth Marsh. I took Max Fried who's on rehab assignment, so that's that risky stuff. I did, Uh Foster Griffin, who's been amazing, A great pick.
Speaker 3: So I picked Suarez and I went, oh, I have two guys because Foster was my second.
Speaker 2: And then he is Gossaman Soda Strom and then I'm gonna let you if you want to do the eleventh round and talk. I gotta prepare here because we just had four straight starting pitchers go, so I gotta kind of prep here. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the eleventh round went Suzuki, Nico Horner, Sam Anthonachi, Treya Savage, Rice el Iglesias, Seane McClanahan, Robleski, Ryan O'Hearn, who his score on fan track is way high for the first half, and Naylor good pick. Rondo was a great pick because I had him in my queue, Tanner, Scott, Jeremy Pania, another good pick by c K, Yuri Perez. I love those back to back from c K in the twelfth and Michael king E, Rod Sandy Alcina, Dan Spay, Davis Martin finally went in the twelfth round to Jesse Severe, Colson Montgomery and the Welsh is on the clock.
Speaker 2: So we are caught up. Yeah, we are caught up. I am not caught with what I want to do, though, I really don't love a lot of the situation that we're in, just kind of looking through. I mean, I need to get pictures. I don't like the pitching core and I got about fifteen seconds because I got kind of demolished on some of my picks here. I'm just doing scanning. Okay. I think this is risky, but I'm doing this because I think he's gonna get traded. I'm gonna take Freddy Pralt in the twelfth round. Eh, great, Yeah, Well Freddy's been bad. Freddy's been bad, that's the problem. But I'm hopeful that he off this break. He's going to get traded and it's going to be like in Atlanta or Milwaukee, and that's going to revive. But that is kind of a risk. But I'm a little depleted at picture right now, so I need to make sure I'm stacking some dudes up. But I'm not in love with that pick by any means. Oh, okay, here we go, there goes will see conturers. That's a good pick. And now you're up. What are you doing?
Speaker 3: See walk in the twelfth round?
Speaker 2: What are you looking to do coming back? Do you even know yet? Not really?
Speaker 3: Let's see, Yeah I don't because I was I was between a bunch of players. I just wanted some power. I'm probably gonna go with Caballero.
Speaker 2: Oh your boy, you just cannot escape him, even in while the season's gone on. Uh. Actually, let's see. That's an interesting It's gonna be the tough part about this podcast right now.
Speaker 3: A lot of him and and hawing as we look for players here. Yeah, thinking it changing my mind.
Speaker 2: I like this guy. It's really we're in a weird space where it's like if you look at like performance from this year, like you start, you're starting to get a bunch of like weird names that don't make you feel good. And then you go and you start to sort by like how they've played this year, and you're like, h, you took Christian Walker, Gamble took Theshett and Peyton totally ended the round. And then John took Max Muncie first pick in the thirteenth round. I got one. This will make you mad. I like that. Think it actually makes no I have two first basemens, so I'm out. There's Travis Bizana that's actually kind of like a little sneaky sneakies. There's just so many players you got to ask yourself, can you think about buying back in, Like I mean, I'll here's some names that are floating out there. If I go all Garrett Crochet, hal Rawley is still floating out Yeah, Bragman just went that was one of them. I mean, Riley Perdomo, mikeel Garcia, Pascorentino, all those guys are floating out there, man, And I am really and I just don't love, like a what about this guy?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: That's been a sucky season. There's just so many sucky seasons. Everything's so sucky, sinky, sucky. I don't like any see hold on talk for a second.
Speaker 3: I mean the bounce guy like al Tuve has been bad, Springer has been bad. Taylor Ward has six bombs, you know, Jacob Marcy's hitting one ninety seven going through here, Lawrence Butler's hitting one ninety six, Stephen Kwan is hitting two twenty five. I mean, it's been miserable for some of these guys. Chandler Simpson is hitting two seventy nine, but he only has thirty nine runs, seventeen RBI and twenty two swipes.
Speaker 2: So I always been ugly for a lot of these guys. I went with a popular trade guy in Redebtmers. Redet meerz Are is kind of tracked a little bit, good strikeouts. I just want to keep stacking some pitchers in here. I mean, if healthy and I have sale freed, Peralta Rasmus and Debt Mers, that's a good spot. I think I said before I took Rysel Iglesias. I think that was kind of like a deal of a closer. It was about it if we're bringing honest, there was about it that was really left out there, and Paul Goldschmith just went. So we had Dingler, Royce Lewis and Paul Goldschmith. So the team might team now just to catch back up. I got Vladdie weather Holt and McGonagall at first, second and third. Dever's at corner, so I don't have a short I've got a Kuonia, Judge and Wood in the outfield, and my pitchers are freed Peralta, ras Muse and sale dead Mers and Iglesias. So I do have to put some coverage on outfield because I've taken some of these injured guys and I don't have a shortstop yet. And I definitely won't sit here and say shortstop like stink stinks. It's not the best, But you know there's some guys, there's some guys that you can go. It really hurts, by the way, seeing Connor Griffin's name and you can't take him. That one hurts. It goes Luke Kishael. I also don't really like any available player. I don't know if you're in this similar.
Speaker 3: As by Jag, that's a great picks.
Speaker 2: Quite hot, quite hot, quite hot, and dudc like Brenton Rook's name up here, there's some ones that actually they do hurt the soul. It hurts the soul. Looking at here as Merlin's sok is going back, Oh, why don't you read off your team? I just read off mine. Let's hear what your construction looks like again?
Speaker 3: All right, so so far, God damn it, I just saw.
Speaker 2: Such a good pickte Mad, make you so mad?
Speaker 3: Alonzo terrang Uhaneo, Auto Lopez, Christian Walker's my ci My outfield is Julio and sam Anthonachi util Is Goldie starters are Sunny Gray, Chik and Mizerowski, Brash and Ashcraft. Then Baker and Hater are my closers.
Speaker 2: That's a sneaky one trying to find sneakies. It's so difficult. By the way, absolute stopping point the draft is at now everything else was easy. Now everybody's like, we're on the crawl. That's right, are on the crawl. This is let me this Oh really yeah, this is gonna be kind of gross here. Yeah, pitching sucks, hitting kind of sucks.
Speaker 3: I mean, by the way, Valdez has the second highest war over the last month among hitters.
Speaker 2: Valdez, Yeah, he said an ungodly amount of homers. He's been ridiculous. Drake Baldwin's actually super sneaky pick by c K and then Jack took Joey Cantello. I actually thought about Drake Baldwin.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of catchers out there too, though Dingler just went Baldwin's out there.
Speaker 2: Cal Rawley is still out there.
Speaker 3: Salvi is still out there, although he's hitting two nine this year, so there's, uh, there's some rough ferends. But Evon Herrera, Carter, Jensen, Desio. There there's a couple out there. Yeah that's hitting over three hundred. So I gotta be honest with you. I kind of looking at Cal like do I want to do that? Like I don't like any of the other catchers. It's like it don't have enough RiskIE.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know I don't. Well, but also like that's what I gotta do in this This is a highly competitive it's a playoff run. Like I'm just I don't know, I'm not super I mean, like, am I gonna do that? With Salvey. No, not gonna do that. But if you're going to do it with someone, could you do it with call and see if it clicks in the second half after a little break, Like, yeah, I guess I'm kind of considering. I'm talking myself into it. We just said Drake, bald Enjoy Kintillo, Brian Rochio, and Gregory Soto. Yeah, saves are the premium that's kind of like really hard to stomach. I mean, and like Devin Williams is floating out there, but I think everybody's uncomfortable with pulling the trigger on him, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, he is risk.
Speaker 2: There goes brooks Lee and I am up.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna they gonna be I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna do it. I'm gonna do cal We're gonna do it. Fourteenth rounds gross. Yeah, it is gross, but let's see if it pans out. I'm gonna try to play safe coming back. But what are you doing? You got two picks in front of me. Yeah, take Sean Burke for one of them.
Speaker 3: He really had a nice month into the All Star break and I need another picture. No clue what I'm doing on the way back, Zero clue.
Speaker 2: Oh, none whatsoever. Don't even know where you are? No earth? Is this earth? Barely? Dude? This is a weird draft.
Speaker 3: It's what happens. What happens.
Speaker 2: Do I want this guy now? I actually don't know if I do want that guy. I don't. You don't want to Oh? Maybe I do? Okay, I'm trying to build a game plan Cody Clemens by the way he went after I took Caray, Sean Burke, Joe Adell. I'm just trying to build a game plan around, like where can I get the sneakies that I can take risks like cal Raley and stuff and then get those sneakies to go with them. That's the science that I'm trying to figure out here right now. Sounds like a lot of science. It's very is there a technical very scientific, it's very very technical thing that I'm dealing with. Uh, And where you can it's it's sneakies divided by well performance equals winning. Okay, Devin Williams just went before you.
Speaker 3: I don't want any of these losers. No, But when I don't want anybody, you know what, give me my boy Habby.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about him.
Speaker 3: I mean he plays every position. Yeah, got backups on backups, on backups.
Speaker 2: You ain't wrong, I am. I'm one to pick away. I'm looking at Saddana Rafaela. I'm actually looking at our dude, Perdomo. I don't have a short stop. There's not a lot of good. Oh my god, A j Ewing was meant to be one of those sneakies. All right, So officially you're not going to be allowed to be super sneaky. That's what everybody is telling me. Here is the sneaky allotment is going to be fueme far between. Raphael has been better. But do I want Predomo, especially if he catches fire. Plus I do have flexibility where if I did take Rafael, he could be my second basement if I wanted, And then uh, you.
Speaker 3: Know, there could be your second basement.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go pro Domo. Talk myself into it. Needs to bounce back. Who is that? No? Never mind, I can't. I gotta down the list.
Speaker 3: I got.
Speaker 2: A man's a man's got to come to terms with the insanity that he does sometimes, and that's what I'm trying. I need to come to terms with my own insanity and not do crazy things in the second half. I want to. I mean, head to head, can can be another beast. You know. I have to survive. I feel like this is my approach. I have to survive and be pretty competitive up until you know, when do our playoffs start? Right at the beginning of September. Okay, so I have to be I have to be pseudo competitive for the next three weeks. This first three weeks, if I could go two and one or something like that, get some of these guys back, I'm dangerous for the playoffs. I'm scary in the playoffs if the things work out. But I got to get there. And that's the thing that I have to make sure is I don't price myself out of getting there. And that's the dance that's difficult to do with, you know, taking the Aaron Judges and trying to buy back on like a Vlad career. I mean, this looks like a great preseason drafted team, but I'm trying to compliment it with guys, you know, like James Wood is in there and Rasmussen had a really good run. So we'll see how it goes. Dude, Bryson's JT Ginn went before Bryson Stott then Pete Fairbanks and Frambervelte is falling all the way to the ninth pick.
Speaker 3: Nobody likes him, nobody wants any part.
Speaker 2: Just like his free agency. Very very so what are you looking at doing? You're up before me? Shut up? Let me know. And man Liam Hicks was in my queue. It's a good pick by will Liam Hicks just did go. There's still some good catch. Are you thinking at all about Catcher? No?
Speaker 3: I mean yes, I wanted von Herrera real bad.
Speaker 2: I actually think that's a good pick. I know, yeah you should chand l Or Simpson went to jag so playing. I thought about the like how much do you want to play on the stolen based stuff? But he's just not worth it because he stinks. He stinks.
Speaker 3: I actually know exactly who I want, but Sek's about to take him.
Speaker 2: So really, I want to guess who you want? Not somebody normally want? Oh? Uh, Corey Seeker? Yeah that's it? Oh is it? I was about to say, it's the only one I could think of that you wouldn't normally want, so recovering from a concussion. But do you have any more?
Speaker 3: I else spots you can start with?
Speaker 2: So actually, Jerry Jones a really good pick. C K just went Logan Henderson and Jared Jones kind of sneakers. I guess we keep saying that people are probably shut the hell up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jared Jones is a good pick here. I mean, just some of these guys that have played like part of the season and are buried.
Speaker 2: I know, Captain seems Captain.
Speaker 3: Irony throw his two cents in whenever we're in a draft.
Speaker 2: It seems a little mad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just like about now, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got one kind of sneaky goes Gabby Marino. He's another one. I like, yeah, okay, okay, we just need to ooh, just need to do a little bit. I like that. Bullets. So what'd you find?
Speaker 3: I've found a couple maybe hidden gyms, like he would say.
Speaker 2: Oh did you tell uh huh, Yeah, they're players on baseball teams. Okay, I see here. You know what's really difficult about this is figuring out like, Okay, here's this guy people might be weird about on how far can I do this? Yeah? Yeah, I have a guy that I'm having that with and I'm trying to figure out how long can I do this? And I don't think it's actually it's not going to like jump out to anybody or whatever, but when you hear my logic about it, you'll be like, Okay, that's what I'm dealing with. I'm like, how long can I do this with this man?
Speaker 3: And I'm waiting for like three rounds and he just went finally.
Speaker 2: I'm almost up, Yeah with Mareno Nimo, Marcy Ian Happ and then Ranger Swarz just went, and Chris Young is in front of me and they don't even really have like a top pick. Actually might if he doesn't, I might go with, well, he just took all you, which I.
Speaker 3: Was actually at the top of my very very tippy top of my cue.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to take sit down and Raphaela. I am going to do that. I had Rafaela and Mike as well, but I'll take here. That made that a little bit easier because I have some flexibility with him. Hey, you can have secret that's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't even like secart, but if you the playoffs, it's over with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I can move Rafaela to the outfield if I need to, So lots of position flexibility is really nice. But I got a couples one of the sneakies come in. Can we do it? What do you? What do you? Oh? Yeah, what's your next pick? Mackenzie Gore. Okay, it's a good one. It's a good value at Yeah.
Speaker 3: We we're in round seventeen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not bad. You love that the Rangers beat the Diamondbacks in the World Series and you got to see it in person. I'm not even that was a response feeler. Hello, Hello.
Speaker 3: I was also there when they won the World Series?
Speaker 2: Were you? I what? Maybe I'm the problem might be. Oh, the only one I've seen is they I've only seen two losses. I've beto two World Series and they lost, right, you did see two lost, only a big fat loser.
Speaker 3: I remember for Game one, I went to our guy John's house to watch it.
Speaker 2: That was the one where.
Speaker 3: Adolas hit the walk off homer, and then I had to take one hundred and twenty dollars uber home because it was so late.
Speaker 2: That was fun. Which one was that? That was one I wasn't at right, that was Game one? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, because I went to games and oh yeah you were in Texas because I went to Game four and five? Did go to that game? Yeah? Yeah, we went to four and five. I was there. Yeah, you weren't at both of mine. No, you went to three and five the first one I went with Gamble and you weren't there. And then and then I was with you, with my son, with and you, me and my son and all them. That was the lose. That was a big loser game. That was where they officially lost and West I went too. So yeah, yep, big go loser. H Spencer tr and Tyler Glass now and then John sort of the seventeenth round with Grisham and Vinie Pascentina was a very quick pick. So you are up go for me, all right? So you know what I'm staring at is Griffin Jacks. Griffin Jacks has been I like that Nick Martinez pick Griffin Jackson and used as a starter. Were you thinking him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, when we're going through all of the ones, going oh, here's here's one, here's one, Griffin Jackson was in that for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one of those kind of sneaky ones that you can throw out there and actually have. Now two starters that can be relief pictures. I only have one closer. There's a little element of like I could even maybe dance around trying to punt the category and head to head because I've got two sparks that make a ton of sense, and that I'm not fully committed to that, but it's something that I can do now so I can have more of a focus on starting pictures. Was the Soriano just went, think about think about me telling you in May on May first, it's Soriano would go on.
Speaker 4: Many times, bring this up. No, I'm just like you said this one hundred and fifty goddamn time. I am tired of it down right now. I will not hear any Jose Soreano again. This is it the last time.
Speaker 2: Get system. I'm done at you. You said it right to me, you said, remember what I told you. Gotta be royal, royal, royal. You. Not you as bogman, but you who is in the room speaking to you, human beings. Dyl and Lyle just went that's a good pick, and then your injuries go, man went before then.
Speaker 3: I think I've worn enough, Jose sore point, Okay, I just done with it.
Speaker 2: That's just interesting, just talking to the world. It's a way with the world. Enough. I can tell you're a little blow up. You feel better, you get out of your system. No, I don't. We'll get there, get there, buddy, Grant Taylor just went that's actually yeah, that was a short list one, right, Yeah, that was that was a good one. That was a good one. Mm hmm, like the burnt peanutword this man. Oh wait a minute, wait a minute that I I think you just found the one I found. I think I found a sneaky Oh yeah, who is it? You're up before me? Is it major sneaky? Like no doubt you're gonna take right here? Yeah, I'm no doubt see it. Well, when we get a little bit closer, just in case you get on your phone and start texting these comebacks because I mentioned I'm not texting anybody anything. I would never do that for hands up for the next twenty minutes. Yeah, that's who I saw. Gary Cole. Okay, yeah, oh chrisy meat is a great pick by Will there too. I love that pic. But yeah, Gary Cole, way down here.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's what I was because I was scrolling down and down and down as you're talking. As I threw my temper tantrum, I kept looking down there and I saw Garrett Cole.
Speaker 2: All these guys that were taking so much time. I don't like it. They're looking make your picknick it quick. Then it's going to allow people to find one.
Speaker 3: People aren't used to this for us. They are one minute picks here.
Speaker 2: There's no way for a real draft. We could do no, not for a real draft. For money. It's eight hundred dollars. Yeah, there's no chance here. So Curtis me Tanner Biby to Jack now c K. I really like Jared Jones, but I like his rotation. He's put together Gilbert, Bryce, Miller, Yuri. I mean then it kind of falls off a little bit. But like Henderson and Jones, I think he's probably he might be a problem. I hope he doesn't see Garrett Cole anymore. That's a good one. Do you think Garrett Cole's gonna get picked in this? Michael Bush? What do you mean? Are you about to take him? Oh? I'm sorry, Garrett Crochet, I apologize Crochet. No, I don't. Yeah, I mean the the he hasn't done a flipping thing. I think he's not gonna play yet. It's just too it's too dicey to to roll it. I agree new play No. All right, So we're back in the eighteenth round, Michael Bush was the first pick. It's to our boy, jag Ernie Clement's actually a good one for batting average, Like bring your batting average way up. Yes, yes, if you found any other sneakies that you're excited about. Not in the I wanted to close.
Speaker 3: I don't think I think I have too maybe, but Garrick Cole was the main one.
Speaker 2: This one's actually not bad guy. There's so many guys that are.
Speaker 3: I hope Jesse Severe is in France, so he's on auto because it's like five in the morning there.
Speaker 2: I hope it takes Garrett Cole o. So, man, what a scumback? Like whoops, it corrected itself. Sorry, dude, Oh this is a sneak kinda. I'll stop saying that, because I feel like there's gonna be someone out there's like okay, uh, I am three picks away from Garrett cole from just an easy decision, like if he goes like all right, I just I'm gonna have to live with it whatever. But like it's just it's gonna be a pain in the ass because then I'm gonna have to like povot and I don't want to Pervot not really all right, Brewer. I mean, Jesse is gonna be the real big key here. We're gonna see because it's going to go into an auto pick as soon Dylan Lee and then Luisa rise to Jesse. So that's not batting average. Chris, don't do it, Chris camm Cleaton, he didn't do it, beautiful. You think you think you think you Garrity Cole come on down as he Killdron seventh pick in the eighteenth round. This is the type of stuff that can happen getting I mean, you know, Darren Call hasn't quite been on his stuff. He's had, you know, some less than stellar outings that have been flown out there. He's got a four E R A.
Speaker 3: But hopefully that will that eighteenth round.
Speaker 2: Great pick, all right? What are you looking at when you're up? Marissa Devon went and you took Shane Boss.
Speaker 3: Yep, Shane Boss easy picked there? What about coming back last The last month has been good for Boz. I am go away to bait on this next pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Luis Robert, that might be something by Gamble. He's actually gonna come back sometime this century. So sneaky sneaky. Oh, Jake Bennett, I had him in my Jake.
Speaker 3: Bennett was the guy I was debating between him and Boz. All right, that makes it easy for me. Here it's Canzone.
Speaker 2: It goes Robbie Ray and Okay, actually I wasn't even thinking Canzone. I like that pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just I mean they said he's gonna hit clean up for this team for the rest of the year, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't hate that. All there goes Matt Clan, you get Canzone. I don't know if I want to like unveil my big I just not want to say it out loud because I don't know if I want to take him in these next two. That's the level where he could, like, this guy could fall, dude. What happened at outfield too, dude, My boy JJ Bladet just fell off the planet. Jesus.
Speaker 3: He wasn't He played for the month for April or May.
Speaker 2: It was like three forty Now, yeah, things just fell. I mean, you know, the stinks. I kind of like this guy late. Oh, this one, Trevor Rodgers. Trevor Rodgers is another guy was buying for this a really good month up to the break. So now I've got a really hardcore stable of pictures, and that's what I was looking for that protects me with the freed pick. I still need to do a little bit of protection on the offensive side, and I have not really tackled relief pictures. So that's where I just queued up Spencer Steer. Yeah, it went Rumfield Waka, and then Spencer Steer went. So we are pushing around the nineteenth round. We probably won't go to the very end here because there's still like nine more rounds. We'll probably go three or four more rounds, which should give us a majority of what the starters are going to look like. That's seems like a solid plan here for the episode. As you guys are, you know, kind of preparing for the second half. This is conversations about guys that you buy. You know. It's funny because I've done just like a lot of you know, like Waiver Wire and trade stuff out there, and the guys at Curtis Meat in the seventeenth round, I'm sitting here and I'm like, damn, that's a guy that I want to get, you know, and then some of the trade videos seeing some of these players as well, like this exercise is like super fun, Like like, let me ask you this real quick, Garrett call, where do you think gart Cale should have gone when you see him in the eighteenth round? What do you think earlier? Yeah? Okay, that's about right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, like maybe like tenth or eleventh, you know, if you're going to take risks on like Shane McClanahan for the second half, Like why not Garrett Cole after he's had some starts, you know, coming off of the injury, unless you really think he's just done. I don't know. Luis Castillo, Taylor Ward, and Ryan Weather's final pick in the nineteenth round going into the twentieth, I.
Speaker 3: Feel like I have a good mix of players to pick from here.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna do that. You know what also is tough. It's like we're in this weird space, goes your boy, We're in this space too, where like you kind of want to pseudo attempt if you can like project trades. Those projecting trades can open up opportunities that are floating out there, and it's like you don't want to miss on those. Like there's a couple of those type of guys, like you know, I don't know, you know, Joe Ryan were to be trade. I mean, I guess that's not the perfect Well, I don't want to say all the examples, but I have to see did this one already happen? Oh that one didn't happen, so yeah, never mind, I don't want to say the example. I'll say it later. Just a little bit here. It's hilarious a little bit. Did you know, by the way, we have been nothing. My wife just texts me she got to leave early go pick up our kids because not because she has to get them. But did you know we're in like crazy Hoboob season right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw the one that was due. There were like a bunch of videos of it the other day.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. I was, I did. I've done a couple of CBS Sports HQ, which, by the way, do you ever see those and you want to tweet them out or if they ever put them out, like tell them you love it. But it's their TV side on like Paramount, and I've been lucky enough to they just use me a lot, and I'm on with this one. It's actually the same guy. Long story, but we have a friend from twenty years ago. We went to high school with that. This guy randomly is like I do a show with this guy and I'm like, I know, yeah, yeah, we re connected. But I'm talking to him and he's like, O, where you're from, Arizona blah blah blah. And we were talking him like, yeah, it's been crazy out here. If you hear any crazy thing because of the storms. I'm like, have you ever heard of a haboob? And he's like, you had never heard that term? And I explained it and he's like, is that an Arizona only thing? I'm like, nah, dude, I'm like, that is that's a desert. Yeah, well it's the term for what that is. Yeah, it's for a dust storm. It's really trippy. So it's a giant wall of dust that comes over like it looks like a storm storm. It's it's pretty crazy if I'm being honest with you. And we have had them three of the last four days and we got one rolling in. Yeah, they will. I mean it's like very very windy.
Speaker 3: It'll break branches and uh, you know sometimes it can knock the power out if the winds are strong enough.
Speaker 2: And stuff covered and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it covers everything.
Speaker 2: My car looks like, yeah, oh Godrico Garcia was my sneaky sneak one time, son of a bitch.
Speaker 3: Oh my never got you, Jesse, who's on auto got me? That makes you feel me better, son.
Speaker 2: Of a bitch? Are you me? That was the guy I learned. That was how far I could sneak it? How low can you go? That? Oh? Man, that one really hurt. I thought I was gonna I thought I was gonna get that past the goalie. Man, all right, we're going to do this. We are gonna move Raphaela into the outfield, and we are going to shore up our batting average with Jacob Wilson. Ooh nice, well, Jacob, maybe a little power in the second half summer in Sacramento. I don't know we'll see healthy, but batting average can help because I got a few little guys and I've got a position flexibility. So we'll do that. Kyle, Carrol's just went to Chad and you're up Kenley.
Speaker 3: I don't really like Kenley, but at this point, I mean, as he's a closer. I'm also gonna do a batting average lift like you did take Nick and Salas.
Speaker 2: I actually like that. I kinda dude, what am I gonna do about saves? Yeah, Daniel and then Cole carrig So we're in the twenty first round. Damn Daniel, Damn Daniel, Damn Daniel. Wait think the end of the twenty first round. Oh, we'll go like the let me see twenty second. I've got two more theoretical starter picks that would end out like the like this round in the neck. Yeah, after the twenty second would be it. But I don't know what I'm gonna do here because I just got a bunch of guys that I'm kind of indifferent about. There it goes Garrett Crochet. I was I was wrong. Wow it happened. Twenty first round.
Speaker 3: Twenty first I mean, we have five IL spots. I don't know that Chad is taken. Is he taking any real I L stuff.
Speaker 2: I want to do this here.
Speaker 3: And on the IL, but he's not. Now, No, he has no injury risks, so fine as well. I mean Hunter Green, maybe he took early.
Speaker 2: But I have two hitting spots open take the take the second one. But no, I'm thinking, oh, that's interesting he said that, you know what, I will do that then, but I'm gonna take pitching. I'm gonna take the second pitching one that you said, okay, And this is me anticipating. This was what sparked me to say that taking Luke Weaver. The New York Mets stink. They have to trade pieces. And if they trade Devin Williams, Luke Weaver's the closer. They trade Luke Weaver, he goes to like Pittsburgh, He's the closer. That's what I'm banking on. Cheap saves, very very late. That's why I want to do that. Chris Cole Young to Chris Young and then Zach Gelloff were the last two picks that went there. But that was like the whole you know, like if we knew right now that Devin Williams got traded to Blah blah blah and or Luke Weaver got traded Pittsburgh, like Luke Weaver would probably be a top ten to twelve closer out there. So that's like, this is calculator risk that I'm messing with that I just don't have a lot of closers. I have one and now I still have one.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, I mean I have three, but I will say more like two and a half.
Speaker 2: I mean who knows when Kenley is gonna get hurt or lose? Yeah, gel Off, Josh Bell, Polante, JJ Bladet. So we're in a pretty gross range right now. M not a lot of good players. What are you going to do? Mm hmmm mmmm, Well what's it going to be?
Speaker 3: I don't know, No, not yet figure it out. I'm trying. I've had the same guy at the top of my Q for like six rounds.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it's the guy that I'm looking at right it's not. I don't think so. I don't think so. Might be ability we have? Oh god, such a good pick with Jason Diminga is not him Landa rout? Pretty good gauge jump by c K. I really like that pick.
Speaker 3: He did get thumped right before the break twice, didn't he?
Speaker 2: Or one time if he did. But the last start I think he struck out like seven or something. Now you're making me want to look he Yeah, he struck out seven and five and two thirds. The previous two he had given up ten earned runs combined and nineteen hits. But that last one is really good. Nolan Shanwell, remember when I thought he was going to break out this year? Yeah, he can't be right about everybody. Nope, that is the truth. What are you looking to do well?
Speaker 3: It needs bartenders. Yeah, I didn't tell you.
Speaker 2: Because I don't know. I was hoping to get it out of you right before.
Speaker 3: I think, Yeah, I wonder how many times that has actually worked? And he probably.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's worked before. I got to be honestly, I don't really recall if it's ever worked.
Speaker 3: You just did it so confidently two times in a row. I'm like, I wonder how many times that has worked in the past.
Speaker 2: It's a great question. I don't know if I've ever done it. I almost just went right into it. I kind of thought I was gonna like, maybe get you. You're gonna like, maybe go in. I'm like, this might be the first time. Nope, and no, all right, this guy does this guy stink? Still know he's actually doing pretty good. Does have players that are not exciting. But I need to like turn down my excitement meter. Not everything needs to be turn back.
Speaker 4: Far fin.
Speaker 2: Carter Jensen, I will love this is where we get Chad gonna take another guy to make you mad here.
Speaker 3: I feel like Chad has had a couple of picks that you're like, come on, well, the Rico one was real bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, plenty of stuff is going to like make me mad, Cam Smith, Kyle Stoward, but there's nothing that's like dominant, like, oh I had to do that, you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, let me look at this. Chris Young is up. I'm about uh. Oh, god, that sounds so bad. Oh oh was that the guy that was on your list?
Speaker 3: It was definitely at the top of my cue. I have another one I want, but god, Giam, y'all aren't supposed to know.
Speaker 2: Come on, y'all don't know that. Man, that's a good pick.
Speaker 3: Twenty second round from mikel Yeah, the hand injury, so it might you know, and he hasn't even started swinging a bat yet. But we do have five il spots.
Speaker 2: I gotta look at this real quick. It confirms sense talk amongst yourselves real quick. Else the chick pea is neither a chick nor ap discuss man, I don't want I don't know what to do. Mm hmm this, don't do it. I'm not gonna do that. I'm gonna don't do it.
Speaker 3: You have seven seconds six near your rebay.
Speaker 2: That was the other one. It was ever who I had at the top. So uh, I think a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of a risk, but it might work out at some point for the playoff.
Speaker 2: Plentcy is actually kind of a sneaky one.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to say anything, and I almost launched right into it.
Speaker 2: The son of a bitch. I wish she had Mike Soroka.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know he's starting on the il break too, but he was really good for the entire season until he got hurt.
Speaker 2: So I don't hate that at all that we were going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not a major in tree for him, So that's what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't hate that. Going to space? Oh what? How far? How far? Oh do you? I do? I got football, so I don't got a bunch of stuff I gotta do. But what what are you planning to go through?
Speaker 3: I think I'll just stay in the local solar system tonight, you know, Saturn maybe true, Yeah, stay close to Earth.
Speaker 2: It was just scary. It was scary. I mean, you can have got four closers.
Speaker 3: How about Alex laying Well, I don't need him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I mean he's definitely there, but I'm not like is I'm not sure that that's guaranteed. So that's why I'm weird about him. So it's in the twenty round. Yeah, well that's true, and what's his dick is never coming back? Actually? You know what? Yeah, let's do that. You can I'm not up so never mind, I can't. I will say a guy that I I'm just gonna say it out loud here. You'll have to tune in to see if I pulled the trigger on it. I've been staring at Kate Anderson for a while. Oh, I've been staring at yeah, just because I think put the that's that's a difficult. But I think he could be up at right after the break, that's the thing. So I had him a Greevy and my queue for like three rounds and I'm like, Chris jan he just went and he just went. McGreevy went, and then Bailey over. So there you go. Uh, that gets our benches in. I did not fill out my second or my last outfield in util, but my team cal Raley, vlad Jijit Weatherhold, Kevin McGonagall, per Domo, I've got Devers and Jacob Wilson at corner middle. My outfield currently is Akunya Judge Wood, Rafaela no fifth outfielder in util my pitching, Freed, Peralta, Rasmussen, Sale, Debt Meers, Jack's Cole Rogers. I only have Iglaciers as a for sure closer, but then I have drafted Uribe Laying and Luke Weaver. So a few little things bounce my way. This is gonna work out. I've got to obviously replace Judge, who's to be on the IL, but I think I'm maybe freed for a tiny bit. I kind of think I'm doing okay, so I'm gonna have to get a little bit more value. So that's my plan. What does your roster look like before we head out of here?
Speaker 3: No catcher, I have Pete Alonzo, Bryce terrang Uhanio Suarez, on A Lopez, Christian Walker, Corey Seeger, Sam Anthonacci, Julio Rodriguez, Joze Cabaliro, Dominic Canzone, and Paul goldschmid At you till need another outfield spot too. Pitchers are Mizerowski, Sonny Gray, Brat, Braxton Ashcraft, Brian Baker, Josh Hayter, Sean Burke, Mackenzie Gore, Shane Bobs, Kelly Jansen, Nick Gonzalez, Daniel Palencia and Mike.
Speaker 2: To bet you feeling happy, You're feeling good.
Speaker 3: I feel pretty good about this. I do see a lot of red flags on my team. Not my favorite part. Yeah, you know, you do have to take a little risk and remember that it's really about getting to the playoffs. You get to the playoffs and then anything can happen. So uh, just got to get there first.
Speaker 2: God, Hella Ramas just went. That was someone on Mike c mque not super big here, but there you go. We only got five more rounds. That's it. In this League dot com. In this league dot com, sign up on Patreon today, in this League dot com for prospect ranks, Dynasty ranks, all the updates are coming. There be a part of the community. Maybe we can get you guys doing some second half drafts. We'd love seeing that you guys are supporting the podcast for the back end of the year and for the off season. We hope you guys are there with us. It literally makes the podcast go round, So like, really appreciate everybody that stays around, people that consider joining, especially now because it's like a super weird time. But we love you guys for doing that. In this League dot Com, makes you're subscribed to the pod, and we're back to normal next week. I don't think we're gonna This is like the one episode for this week. It's kind of a weird one, and then we're back into normalcy next week where we'll be talking waivers and we'll be talking all the second half stuff. So that is what we got in store for you. Follow us at is It the Welsh and at Bogman Sports we out you guys have a fantastic one. Thanks for hanging with us during the draft, and we'll talk to you next time right here on the in This League Fantasy Baseball Podcast Before