Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI Am six forty.
Speaker 2: Mister bo Kelly, We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, and it's time to find out what the hell is up with Nick Polliochini. As a matter of fact, Nick, where the hell were you last week?
Speaker 3: I apologize that I wasn't here because I hate missing Tuesdays.
Speaker 4: It's always on my calendar to be a good time.
Speaker 3: But last week, if you were following me Nick Polly o'keana, this week, I'm a Nick on Instagram, you saw that I was at Nineties Night over at the Disneyland Resort inside of Disneyland Park. So it was a fantastic time. And this is something that I always want to push people to attend. And the only reason I say that is I did Sweetheart's Night. That's great. I did Nineties Night. It was epic. We've got Star Wars nights coming up in April and May, so I'll have more details about that in the coming weeks here. But if you want to find the time to go to Disneyland Park and get on every single attraction with walk ons and everything else, the party itself is four hours you get to go in three hours ahead of time, so it's called the mix in time period. And even though the ticket price for that event is slightly higher than a regular one day admission, you're going to get to go on all the attractions that you don't normally get to get on easily without the multi lane pass or the what used to be called lightning lanes. So it's a really good value, even though it's like a little bit higher price point for you to go in if you're not super into the theme, all the things are open. So if you want to do all the things at Disney, especially Disneyland Park, that's a great opportunity. So that's why I say that's a huge, you know, kind of a inside scoop. Yes, it's a little bit more expensive, I get that than a regular one day admission, but I'm not kidding you. If you want walk on to Haunted Mansion or priors to the Caribbean or Space Mountain, any of those things, you're able to do it. The only thing that I've noticed, and it will be different when we go to Star Wars night, but Rise of the Resistance was not open for those nights, but you were able to do millennium Falcons. Smugglers run without a problem. So if you want to go back to Batu and go off planet and enjoy a black Spires, that's always an option for you.
Speaker 2: Is there anything anything that you have not done at Disneyland Park.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it's mostly because of the price point and as I think something that we all encounter, the thing that I would love to do, which is kind of on my bucket list. It is called Royal twenty one. It is a special five to eight hour experience. I believe it's fourteen courses. It is fifteen thousand dollars for a party of twelve, and it is based above Pirates of the Caribbean in what was supposed to be or was originally planned to be Walt Disney's apartment inside the theme park. So we all hear about the fire station on Main Street and the light that's there that represents him, and that was his apartment, but the Disney family apartment is what was supposed to be above Pirates of the Caribbean, so when the family was there with him, they would be able to go, and when his daughters were there to be able to stay there. It never opened for that, but right now it is set up to be that and during the Year of a Million Dreams, you could win an overnight experience in there. It has transitioned to be being part of Club thirty three, which is that special club withinside of the park. And you've been to Club thirty three, I've been to Club thirty three. I used to work at Club thirty three back many many days ago. So one of my things before I came to radio, I worked for the Walt Disney Company from ninety eight through two thousand and three, and one of my roles specifically was working with the reservation.
Speaker 4: System for Club thirty three members. Is it like fight club where you're not allowed to talk about it?
Speaker 3: There's a lot of that, one hundred percent. But I think it's a little different now because there's so much available because before it was, you know, you didn't have as much information out there. Now you can go on Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, any of that, and you can find so much about Club thirty three.
Speaker 4: Did you have to sign an MDA? I have not for.
Speaker 3: Club thirty three. For other events and activities at Disney. Very very likely. Yes, indeed, you're right, But that's where I was last week and before we jump really into it, I know we're kind of blowing through it.
Speaker 4: I have a treat for you from Crumble.
Speaker 3: Hey, Crumble Cookies, so c R U M B L here in Burbank and this is specifically for you. Now if you know, you know, does it have black olives on it? There are no black olives, but it may be black in color. Thank you.
Speaker 4: That was a good way. But this is for you.
Speaker 3: The national Desert of the Month for Crumble Cookies nationwide is your absolute favorite. So this box here, get it wrong, no, no, no, this box here is for you.
Speaker 4: I'm reaching for the box.
Speaker 3: So the box itself is going to be a cookie.
Speaker 2: It's cookies and cream. I don't care what it is. If it's cookies and cream, it's right.
Speaker 3: So now I did enjoy from the Crumble crew. We've got all the flavors for later with mo Kelly teams try, but that one's just for you. So I'm going to call it is the national Flavor of the Month from Crumble Cookies. Just from O Kelly is going to be the cookies and cream brownie. But I've got a whole lineup of In fact, like we talked about and I do have a correction to make, but key Lime Pie is going to be available through Pie Day over at Crumble Cookies, at least locally here in southern California. They've got salted caramel cheesecake. They've got Rocky Road pink donut if you think about like from the Simpsons, the pink donut kind of style, and then also a Kentucky buttercake.
Speaker 4: So I've got to share with the whole crew.
Speaker 3: So Stephen mark T when you can come in in the studio.
Speaker 5: Okay, I was going to say, do not put yourself between me and free food ever, but.
Speaker 4: So that's it.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of the tree because I always as we bring it, as we've talked about many times, I'm kind of the orange slices and Caprice suns for the team here at later with Mo Kelly. So this would be this week's introduction. So thank you to the kids over at Crumble greatly over on Magnolia, oh yes, Hollywood Way and Magnolia right there across from Porto's, which is another one of our favorites. But that's where all the goodies are coming from. So all right, jumping into what's going on with me. I want to talk about, uh, something that is really exciting and it's something that I did not know a whole lot about, and I was able to talk with the executive director, Lou Spistow, who is in charge of the game Men's Course of Los Angeles, and they this weekend will be having or actually I take that back on the twenty second, twenty third, they will have Rhinestone Cowboys, which is a huge performance that you're able to attend at Subam Theater over in Beverly Hills if you're familiar with that, absolutely great venue. But the thing that was so cool to talk with Lou is we're in such an unusual time period right now, and you know we've talked about DEI on the show, and this is something I had no idea. But the Game Men's Course of Los Angeles, the only thing they care about is if you can sing, and if you can do ten or one, ten or two bariton or bass. Is that very inclusive. They have had straight men, straight women, transgender, non binary, the whole nine yards, but they put on these epic performances. It's usually to a season. This one is gonna be Hinstone Cowboys, and then they usually do one in the summer, which I think is going to be Dancing Queen, and then they always do a holiday show, so it's a great opportunity. They are fantastic organization, two hundred local performers. They have five or six different dance numbers that are actually choreographed by some of the people that are behind, so you think you can dance and some of the other different performances here in LA. But the bigger thing is it's going to be their forty sixth year and they are hugely into education, music and performance and everything else, so their biggest focus is always on community engagement. And they will also be doing a special intro specifically for the fire victims, so that you have a special song, and they're going to be doing a special performance to honor all those that are here in LA. So that's something again that's coming up on Saturday the twenty second and Sunday the twenty third. I will be there, but you can also get details about this at the Lincoln Bio at Nick poulio'chinni or this week of with Nick on Instagram, and I will also be pus sharing a little bit more. In fact, I have a tease and this is for Matt producer Matt here at KFI, who is a huge Twain fan. Really I didn't know that huge. Oh dude, really, you gotta go to thank your stuff. No, Matt, if you're listening, by chance, we're I'm pull I don't mean to out you. But if you go to his Instagram, he's met her innumerable times to the point that I swear he's his like he is her illegitimate, dah a son whatever. Like it's wild to me because he has been all over the world to see Shania Twain.
Speaker 4: He took Michelle Cube at one point.
Speaker 3: Man like, so I don't know, I know, yeah exactly, So what's funny? I will have a tease of man, I feel like a woman, performed very m that was good. I love it. But the game Man's course of Los Angeles was wonderful. To share one of the rehearsals with me, A man, I feel like a woman, So you can talk about that. That's a great tie in. So anyway, that's what that is. And uh, do you want to jump into what's next or you wanna what do you feel?
Speaker 2: We need to go to a break sounds to come back. We'll talk a little more with Nick Paulochini. Oh, and Marco used to give some food. I was like, Mark needs some food. I'm gonna hurry with this so I can get in there and get it. Okay, good, all right? Sex Forted with life. Everyonere at I Heartradio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Nick Poliochini, he is my friend for life because he brought me this Cookies and Cream crumble cake that is to die for. Nick, you want to finish up the show. What do you need you need to Yeah, I can do it. I mean whatever you need. Okay, you need me to go get you some food. BackRub because this is great.
Speaker 4: Front rub. These cookies are terrific. Thank you. Mark. I don't know about we have to make Later ten for that.
Speaker 3: But after he talks to George, so yeah, so we talked about it.
Speaker 4: Crumble cookie. The national flavor of the month.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say is the Later with Mo Kelly brownie in my book, but it's Cookies and Cream brownie. So you can check that out from Crumble Cookies.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 3: Thanks to the crew over at the location here in Burbank at Hollywood Way and Magnolia, so check them out. One thing that I did talk about earlier today, earlier in the show that I do want to do a quick correction Lorie's Pie Bar in Long Beach. I said it was the first fifty customers get a slice of pie, the Key Lime pie. It is not just it's not a slice of pie. You get a free key Lime pie shot. And when it is she does these great tastings of all the different pie flavors that come in little shot glasses. So that would be that. Also by five slices of pie and the six to one is on the house. And then also Cutie pie jars which have no crust but they're really really good, and I know that there's a couple that are gluten free. If you purchase six cuty pie jars so they're little Mason jars, you get a free tote.
Speaker 4: So that is me.
Speaker 3: Laurie's Pie Bar is in Long Beach. It is on Pine Avenue around fourth You can find out more details at Nick Poulio o'channey or this Weekend with Nick on Instagram. But I want to take you to Orange County for this next one. And I'm very excited because Tyler. Matthew Burke and Tristan Schuler are two friends of mine who I talked about later with Mokelly when I was doing this weekend with Nick for Lacas live here in Hollywood at the Roosevelt. They will be actually a part of a really incredible concert that's available at the Segerstrom Center for the Arts and Coast to Mesa this Saturday. And it's going to be Rent, the in concert. So Rent, which is a Broadway musical, is a film. Yes you look, I was getting ready to say, but go ahead, no, segwe what do you want?
Speaker 4: I can't. What's the song?
Speaker 3: So five hundred and twenty five thousand, six hundred mines.
Speaker 4: There it is.
Speaker 3: So that is the unofficial uh well lullaby Broadway, but the unofficial anthem of Broadway. In fact, you can see I believe it was the cast of Aladdin just did it, or one of the major shows that's on Broadway just performed it. But this special concert version is going to celebrate Jonathan Larson's iconic rock opera featuring a live symphonic orchestra and then this cast of characters. Now I've got those two guys that I've known for a while, but there are so many people and it's going to cover seasons of love, So five hundred and twenty five six hundred minutes love LEA v Bom, Take Me or Leave Me, and light my candle. It is a one performance only this Saturday, and so that's when we get to that last call. Definitely not free ninety nine, but relatively inexpensive because it only is thirty one dollars is the starting price for tickets for that. It's not completely sold out, but I would highly encourage you to check it out. You can always visit Seekerstrom online or you can check out the Lincoln bio again at Nick pouliyo'cheanne in this weeknd with Nick, and the last thing I want to talk about is some of the things that you can do for Saint Patrick's Day. So don't forget this is the weekend of Saint Patrick's Day. And in fact, I'm decked out and you'll see pictures of me on social media come into the show tonight in all the green, including my sunglasses up show up on Instagram. But there's so much happening this weekend that will be celebrating Saint Patrick's Day, which is on Monday, so that is something for you to check out. If you're looking for something in downtown La Grant and Central Market will having this Saturday at one o'clock the Saint Patrick's Day barcrawl and block party tam O'Shanter. If you're familiar with that, that is a very well known Disney tie in because it used to be where Walt Disney and a lot of the Imagineers would eat, and they also have decorated it. So the original Imagineers tam O'Shanter, which is going to be up in La or is in La on Monday. You can go the special food drinks, a live VIP experience, which I'm not sure what that is, but I'm sure I'll be passing that along to you on social media. Also, if you're looking for something to get outside, depending on how the weather is this weekend, Hermosa Beach Saint Patrick's Day Parade will be happening in Hermosa Beach. And then if you're looking for maybe you know green beer, Angle City Brewery Saint Patrick's Market will be happening this Saturday. And then if you want to get out of town, I got places to go down in San Diego, Point Loma, Pacific Beach, you name it. There's so much happening this weekend all across the Southland, so you've got a lot of opportunity to get out there and enjoy yourself both this week and throughout the weekend. And when do you sleep? I'm sorry I don't. And I think what's funny is not being here in the mornings with wake Up Call and the bill Handles show. You'd think I would sleep more. While I may not sleep, I may not be up at three thirty in the morning like I used to be. I am still up first thing and I am pounding the pavement throughout the south Land.
Speaker 4: Are you naturally a morning person on that level? No?
Speaker 3: In fact, that was my joke. Was always for at least a decade with iHeart, I was paid to be a morning person. That's the only reason I showed up later with O Kelly. This is the time slot that would be fantastic for me. So for the powers to be the listening. If moever needs to fill in, I got you. We will always have you here any time. Thank you, Ky.
Speaker 2: And since you brought me this, this cookies and cream crumble cake, you can come back next week or something for that.
Speaker 4: Oh, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: In fact, you know I was talking to Tea and with Pie Day being this Friday, I might even pop in on Friday with.
Speaker 5: A couple of treats for you to share. All right, just don't bring any from Mark. I promise plenty of olives for everyone.
Speaker 3: Well, I was gonna say, I will bring green and black olives and a tin of the or the best.
Speaker 4: Sardines or whatever you want. He eats it all. I love it. But but but he'll eat that. But he won't try Chitlin's want. That's what I don't understand. Oh, look at the clock. If I am six forty, we got time. What are you talking about that? Mark? I got like ninety seconds last. We hold on, I gotta go. Can't you see like the contradiction there? The Chitlin clock is ticking. Should we let him off the hook? No? Not here? Okay, well not on this show. Mark, How do you reconcile? I don't we have to go? Wow, just a wall. There will be no Chitlins.
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, I guess that's the end of the segment. Well, thank you very much for ending us on a high note there. No, I'm going to hire a Chitplin security detail for you guys. This is not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: You want it to be fully black, And I said you have to want them.
Speaker 4: Well you don't want You don't have to haze me, mister frat boy.
Speaker 2: If I was gonna haze the hate you, I just put it in your food and not let you know.
Speaker 4: Oh I think i'd know.
Speaker 3: Here's all I gotta say is, we've got enough people out there. If you have a delicious Chitplin's recipe, we need you to reach out to.
Speaker 4: Twala or to Mow and cut him off. Fish cut him off. No, foush, you can't cut me off. I'll just keep talking. There we go. It's a tag team in here. Yeah. We just need him to try it once, just once, just once, just once? All right?
Speaker 3: Ay?
Speaker 4: You done? All right?
Speaker 2: When we come back. There are a huge number of people who admit that they're okay with their partner hooking up with the robot. Say what you want to stay around for this?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 2: Forty, and a huge number of people would be okay with they'd be cool with their part and it doesn't distinguish spouse or significant other, but their partner hooking up with a robot. And there are a lot of facets to this pole, but it's interesting in that that particular item.
Speaker 4: So let me go right there.
Speaker 2: In this poll, more than a third of gen z respondents admitted to using chat GPT to combat feelings of loneliness, and fourteen percent would prefer to confide in an AI chatbot about personal issues rather than their partner. However, two out of five people would view it as infidelity if their partner was intimate with a sex robot modeled after them first having a sex robot modeled after you, personally, that's kind of weird. That's really weird, and it's exceptionally weird that you think it will be cheating if your partner had sex with a robot modeled after you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's well, and and I'm going to be very careful in choosing my words here, but there are kits that you can clone portions of your body, Okay, and that has been encouraged as a relationship enhancer.
Speaker 4: If you will, I'm picking up what you're putting down.
Speaker 3: So if said mimic android or whatever we're gonna call you know, right, I was gonna say, we don't want to say data from Star Trek. But if it had the trappings of said long existing he said long activity, would it be or would it like?
Speaker 4: I don't see how that is. See.
Speaker 2: The thing is, the whole idea of a robot has evolved over years, because a robot when we were growing up could have been anything that like a.
Speaker 4: Toy that moved around.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, even look, let's go kids, look at Big Hero six from Disney. It's exactly what you're described, right, that's a robot.
Speaker 2: And when you're talking about sex, as far as I'm concerned, if you put a smiley face on a vibrator, does that count?
Speaker 4: Right? It's a rhetorical question. But the whole idea of.
Speaker 2: A robot correct in place of a person, is going to evoke different ideas and different people.
Speaker 3: Exactly because I've seen many apparatus eye if you will, No, I know, but I'm saying I'm very familiar with many apparati that could easily be constituted as this item.
Speaker 4: Per se.
Speaker 2: I don't know, and I can't speak for women, And thank goodness, they're no women in this conversation because I know they're probably custing us out. I don't know how it would be cheating if the whole idea is it's.
Speaker 4: I look at a self pleasuring no, and I agree.
Speaker 3: And it goes back to that chatchept component that you were talking about, that if there are people today that are more comfortable confine in an AI based program. Okay, now we're talking emotions as opposed to physical necessarily.
Speaker 2: But it's not a betrayal, I'm sure because it's not like you're you've taken these vows and then you're having sexual relations with the refrigerator, correct, and then all of a sudden, you know, like Will Smith said, and I robot, there's just lights and clockwork, right, I don't know how that actually then qualifies as a person in and of itself. Now, if it becomes self aware, then we have a different conversation.
Speaker 3: Well, and like you just said, if if said robot embodies your neighbor rather than your significant other, Okay, now we got a different ball game.
Speaker 4: We're talking about it.
Speaker 2: But is it again it goes back to this conversation, is that actually cheating because you're not conspiring with a third party to deceive your partner. I think there has to be a human an element for it to be cheating. I mean unless everybody, I don't want to say that, look now, okay, yes, but.
Speaker 4: One or two cheese make it too baby.
Speaker 6: Too? Nixt point when if it was a I how would you know if you were talking to someone, say online, if you were flirting, whether it's AI or not. And some people do get bent out of shape if you are talking online with someone. And if you say, but babe, this is AI. This isn't an actual woman. I'm on here talking to a robot that's telling me the things that I want to hear, that's talking nice to me after work, that's telling me I look good, this, that and the other.
Speaker 4: Is that cheating?
Speaker 6: Because then are you putting emotional stock into this relationship with this artificially sent sentient being.
Speaker 2: See that's the difference between and I want to generalize general men and women. Men by and large look at cheating as a physical act right now, So we must do this, that and the other to constitute cheating where a woman you can most women generalizing, I know, get mad at me later.
Speaker 4: Is an emotional act where you could be texting with someone or sexting with.
Speaker 2: Someone and engaging in an emotional repartee, which is considered a betrayal of the relationship.
Speaker 6: And see, look, I dated a young lady who had a rose. Ladies, you know what a rose is. And she loved her rose, she really really did, and I had no problem with Look, she lived far away and I had no problem with her utilizing her rose.
Speaker 4: Hey, the rose works. Is that cheating?
Speaker 2: I said, No, what are my last relationships before I got married? She had machinery, gadgets, technology, piviiology as opposed to just.
Speaker 5: Yes, a handheld you had. It was an analog, it was digital. It was digital, right, it is motorized, of course, motorized.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: It didn't bother me because I don't think it was being used as a way to deceive me. No, I just didn't see it as cheating. I think it has to involve a person.
Speaker 3: But I think to what you both have said, specifically, with this person that you were dating, Tea, you were aware of what was transpiring with said Rose, Mo you were I didn't care.
Speaker 2: I mean, right, you know I opened a drawer one day, Oh oh yeah, yeah, that's my friend it had a name for it, and never.
Speaker 4: See that's it's funny.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, But that's actually a really good point because now you're giving and then not sentience to this activity. But you're actually naming an inanimate object. So are you applying some some unique emotional connection.
Speaker 2: I named my car, but sure, and it has a motor as well, and it lets me.
Speaker 4: But it's not sexual, it's not cheating.
Speaker 3: But you're gonna feel real bad at that gets in accident.
Speaker 4: You might shed a tear for said, maybe, especially if the body gets dented, right, and your car looks real good. It's a nice ass.
Speaker 2: Have you noticed that Mark never participates in these conversations.
Speaker 3: The funniart of that is, though, if you could see his facial expressions, because we can, this is.
Speaker 4: The only thing. You are so lucky he will not join in.
Speaker 5: In fact, I was gonna point out that you could almost say there's a slippery slope here.
Speaker 4: I just remember to face was nothing but judgment.
Speaker 5: Well, of course, and I have naturally am not enough of a pervert to know what a rose is.
Speaker 4: Whatever it is. Now, okay, you've never heard of a rabbit.
Speaker 5: It's on defensive and repellent but we know that these mess around fine one no no, no, no no, I'm just un locking the door to the news. Both we know that people use items to achieve certain goals, and so Mo mentioned. I think drawing a face on it, I mean, at some point it gets weird, but at no point would you want somebody to walk in on you using it?
Speaker 4: Right, I think that's a different discussion.
Speaker 2: I mean, what people do privately and personally is what people do. And I always say people like what they like. It might be butter and crisco and handcuffs, I don't know. But my point is, is it then a betrayal of the trust of your partner just because you have motorized.
Speaker 6: Assistance or even more because as you were talking about earlier, Nick, when you can customize and things like that. At the last Electronic Fair in Vegas they debut some new advancements on on the sex bots and you can you know, custom scope faces of whatever. You can go into design and face. These things are looking more and more and more like people, and I think that's where this discussion comes from. It's not necessarily the manual technology that we have. Now these are fully autonomous beings or fully autonomous devices that move on their own, that can talk. You can program dialogue into these things. They their eyes, move, their mouths, moves and things like that. And I think that this is what this is getting to in that as these things become more and more available to the public for purchase. Right now, these things are very expensive, but the price is coming down because the demand is going up and the makers of these users saying, hey, we can make more money. Is there an argument to be had that if you step it up to that level, is it cheating? If you have a full bodied robot, is it cheating? And it's still a machine?
Speaker 5: So I'd say no, Well, if someone else is working the controls, then maybe it's cheating.
Speaker 3: But see if they're autonomous and if they're running themselves. Because just what T said specifically CS in Las Vegas, we've covered it, Daron KFI right, No, we've covered it on KFI in the last couple of years. They literally have strippers that are completely robot.
Speaker 6: Strippers, absolutely robot strippers, and no, Joe I saw those things.
Speaker 4: They shake it, they drop it like it's hot, they do robot mo.
Speaker 6: You've been to the club, I promise you see one of these stripper bots. You're gonna say, well, damn, that looks just like homewhere they used to be at the Okay neverma, I.
Speaker 4: Know George Nora's like, I hate them. He can't wait to get on the phone. I hate every one of the especially that Mo Kelly.
Speaker 2: It's Later with Mo Kelly caf I AM six forty one, Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. When we come back, hopefully George and Nor will be there, we'll talk about what's coming up on his show, and also I'll have my final thought.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI Fort.
Speaker 2: Kfi Mo Kelly, we are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Coast to Coast AM with the George Nori. Good evening, sir, Hello mister Kelly. How's everybody doing out there.
Speaker 4: We're having a good time.
Speaker 2: It's I don't know where you are right now, but we have a big rainstorm coming in tonight.
Speaker 4: I'm in LA.
Speaker 6: We'll be careful absolutely Tonight on the show we're going to talk about lost civilizations and then angels on Coast to Coast.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll be checking you out, all right. Thanks. See you soon.
Speaker 2: And for my final thought tonight, I was really taken back by the news of what is happening with the Department of Education.
Speaker 4: So let me go there tonight.
Speaker 2: Both of my parents were educators for the entirety of their career, on the elementary, middle school, in high school levels. They took out a second mortgage on the family home to make sure my sister and I could attend college. My sister went to Howard University in Washington, d C. I went to Georgetown University, also in Washington DC. My father was the first in his family to ever attend college. Education was always the priority in my household, and it is something I have always carried with me. But I know that my value of education is not shared by many Americans these days. But let's talk about this from thirty thousand feet up, as they say. In twenty twenty three, South Korea's spending on education reached seven point two percent of GDP, and that exceeds the average of five point seven percent and ranks second highest in the world. Japan dedicates only four point one percent of his GDP to educational institutions, and although the spending is well below average, the focus with this in the country is top tier.
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Last year, the United Kingdom spent approximately four point one percent of its GDP on education, also well below the global average of five point seven percent. That's really important put a pin in that as well. Last year twenty twenty four, the US spent five point five to nine percent of our GDP on education, just below the average of five point seven percent, but far more than Japan and the United Kingdom. As for overall rankings of educated populations in the world, that expenditure of those various countries translates as follows. The US, without a doubt, is the wealthiest nation in the world, and we can't even break the top thirty in terms of educated populace. We're number thirty one, Korea number one, and the number one just seventy two years after the Korean War. Japan, remember, they only spent four point one percent of their GDP their number six eighty years after the end of World War II and having to pay reparations to other countries up until nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 4: That's within my lifetime.
Speaker 2: United Kingdom number twelve, and just in case you're curious, China is thirteen Canada is fourteen, France's sixteen, Israel twenty one, Russia is twenty two, Hungary is thirty, and we're thirty one. Here's my point. There are Asian countries, European countries, North American countries, small countries, large countries, war torn countries, wealthy countries, impoverish countries. For example, California's GDP is almost twice that of Russia.
Speaker 4: Russia's population is three.
Speaker 2: And a half times that of California, but somehow Russia managed to beat the United States by nine slots. When it comes to education, my point tonight is rather simple. It's not money per se, it's not wealth of a nation, it's not size of a nation, just importance of education to a nation. Spend some time in Korea. You'll see how important education is in every facet of life. Then it starts to make sense how education directly benefits the rest of society. There's a direct correlation between education, level of crime, health, and general welfare. Spend some time in the US and you'll see how little we value it relative to defense spending, health care, and other items. The idea of American exceptionalism is the belief that the United States is either distinctive, unique, or exemplary compared to other nations. When it comes to education, we're not, and we haven't been for quite some time. And since we're not, we're not the technological leaders we once were. Either we don't make the best cars, we don't make the best semiconductors. Just for example, we shame or try to shame those with education today as somehow being elitist, like it's a scarlet letter or some badge of shame. More evidence of that today with the news that about half of the Department of Education was gutted today, with some thirteen hundred employees being let go. According to most published reports, the cuts will all but incapacitate, incapacitate the agency in its efforts to distribute billions in federal money to colleges, schools, and manages the federal student loan portfolio. Oh nothing bad could come of that, right, Well? In short, it would likely cripple our educational infrastructure in many ways. No preceding forensic audit, no scalpel to these cuts, just a chainsaw while blindfolded and discriminate. Because the Department of Education evident dently has no value to America in twenty twenty five, and there will be a hefty price because of it, and no amount of firings will make enough room in which to afford it. For KFI AM six forty, I'm O'Kelly.
Speaker 4: Life moves pretty fast.
Speaker 1: If you don't let KFI fill you in once in a while, you could miss it.
Speaker 3: K F i'm m KOST HD two, Los Angeles, Orange County, live
Speaker 4: Everywhere on the ear radios