Speaker 1: Look, hi guys, Hey guys, Welcome to the Strangers Ranger in episode twenty five of A Strange Thing podcast.
Speaker 2: We are your hosts, Mike and Austin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm Mike and you're Austin.
Speaker 2: Yep, not the other way around.
Speaker 1: No, And we're going to be talking about something tonight that we started many weeks ago, and we hope to come to some kind of conclusion, not a permanent conclusion, because this is a topic that we're going to continue to talk about.
Speaker 2: It's an open book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, into into perpetuity.
Speaker 2: Oh what's that mean.
Speaker 1: That means we're gonna to talk about it a lot in the future. But we're going to close up. We're going to close out this chapter of Bigfoot. And it's been a fun discussion. We've gone all over the place. Our last episode, we kind of took a little break so that we could kind of jump in around Christmas and the holidays and do a special holiday kind of thing. But now we're going to go back to our final episode in the topic of Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: YEP. Im kind of feeling like a story time.
Speaker 1: It is kind of story time. I think tonight should be all about stories. Stories of the blomb stories are very very good, awesome. So who wants to tell the first story?
Speaker 2: I think you should.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll lead it off, But before we do, I wanted to just like bring up a couple of things that I don't know if we ever really covered in you know, our original four episodes of Bigfoot topics. One of those things is that when people see Bigfoot and if they have a weapon like a rifle or a gun or a pistol or maybe even a bow and arrow for you know, you archery Native Americans, well Native Americans as well, because it's ad time that this is true, you're very Germanic. They have a really hard time letting loose that bullet or arrow and shooting the creature that we now call Bigfoot, right. And part of the reason is these people talk about that it looks very human. It doesn't look like an animal.
Speaker 2: You kind of have a relationship like empathy for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something about the eyes, so people will be so maybe or maybe yeah, I don't know, maybe it's like a maybe it's a deformed human. I don't know what it is. But for whatever reason, they see the eyes in the face and they can't pull the trigger or if they do. There is lots of guilt immediately. Yeah, they feel like they've done something wrong. So are first story takes place in northern California in the Plumis National Forest Plumis Plumas plumas plumbus plumas plumbus plummus plumbus plumas forest. And there's actually a movie about this. It's a documentary. It's very interesting. I'm gonna put links up on our website so if you want to check it out. It's about an hour and twenty minutes long, but anyway you'll learn all about it.
Speaker 2: I think I actually saw this.
Speaker 1: It's very, very fascinating this story. So the story goes like this. Two friends are out in a truck and they're out hunting solid yep. The passenger has a rifle. His name is Justin Justin Rifle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think his last name is Smajia. He's out there sm Eja if you want to look it up. But Justin and his friend are out driving through the forest, scooping up the field mice and bopping him on the head. Interesting. No, they're actually driving around in their truck and looking for something for a game to shoot, and they come around a corner and they see this creature standing out in the meadow and they stop the truck. And it's weird because this creature appears to be about seven feet tall, maybe eight feet tall, harry covered in hair, and it's waving its arms in the air like you just don't care. I don't know. It's waving its arms like don't shoot me, or maybe hey, I'm over here. I don't know, and they stop, like up above its head like yeah, yeah, like up above its head sounds like to get attention, yeah, or is something? It was weird so it caught their eye. They pull over immediately. Justin the guy in the passenger seat rabs his rifle. I don't know what caliber it was, but it was a big hunting rifle, you know, drop a deer, drop a moose, drop an elk, something like that kind of gun. And he pulls it up and trains on it and he's looking at it through the scope. Meanwhile, the driver, who's kind of remained anonymous, he tried to stay out of the aftermath of this. He apparently grabbed his field glasses, his binocular knockers, and he starts looking at this thing out in the meadow and as he looks at it, the creature is kind of face onto him and waving his arms, and Justin talks about it. He says, you know, this thing looked weird. It didn't look right. Something was not right about it. And his finger was kind of doing light pressure on the trigger.
Speaker 3: It had human like behavior, the way it was standing, the way it had its arms up in the air. Bears don't do that. Maybe in the circus, I don't know, but bears in the wild they don't do that.
Speaker 1: And his friend in the driver's seat was looking through the binoculars and he says, he says, don't shoot it. Don't shoot it.
Speaker 3: The whole time it was don't shoot, that's all. It was the whole time telling them not to shoot. It's not a good idea. And this is all, yeah, within five seconds.
Speaker 1: Something about it. The way it was standing, waving its arms. It wasn't like an animal. It wasn't like a white animal animal. But yeah, yeah, it was like a human in a suit.
Speaker 2: Valley, Yes, very creepy.
Speaker 1: And they're looking at it. He says that his fingers pulling a little more on the trigger, and what he noticed is that it was a solid creature. It wasn't like there was you know, like saggy kind of clothing or a costume that it was actually pulled up tight against like muscle and sinew. Something was real about this thing, but it was wrong. Yeah, So there's like all these weird bells going off in their head. The driver is saying, don't shoot it. It could be a guy in a suit. We don't know what it is. And Justin said he kept looking at it. He's like, no, this thing is different. Something's off, something's wrong, And so the creature kind of turns like it's gonna run away, and in a snap decision, he pulls the trigger right and it drops this thing. And he says he shot it right under the armpit where it would go, like if you were hunting, that would be a great kill shot for an animal because it would go right into the harn and drop it. So this creature dropped, and it dropped, but then it wasn't dead. So it kind of all of a sudden just kind of jumped up on all fours and tried to kind of run away, and it fell down again, and then it was up again on two feet and then down on the four and it was moving fast, running away, running out of the meadow and into the brush and into the trees, and it's a heavily forested area. And so Justin says he racked another bullet in the chamber, and just as he's getting ready to pull the trigger to drop this thing again, he says he can look through the scope and he sees like right up its butthole, and he's thinking, man, this is the perfect shot. I shoot this. It's gonna go right in there. It's not going to tear up any flesh or anything or any of the meat. It's just gonna the old Texas heart shot. Yeah, it's going to take out all the take out all the organs, and it's gonna be dead. They'll have it. Meanwhile, driver says, don't don't kill it. Don't do it. Something's weird with this. Don't do it. And so this creature eventually he doesn't pull the trigger the second time, and it jumps over this little hill and goes out of sight into the forested area. So of course they just shot it. They knew they hit it because it fell down. And so they get out of the truck and they make their way over there really quick, and they're really creeped out. They're adrenaline running because something was different about this. And that's one thing really interesting about this story when you hear him tell it, is that this whole thing is alien to them.
Speaker 2: Kind of got that helter skelter vibe is chaos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't feel like it's real. And so as they run up there to the area, and they said it was about forty yards off of the road, so it wasn't like way far away. So as they approached the place where it was shot, there's all this you know, mark on the ground where it would hit, and they could see footprints and all that kind of stuff, but they couldn't find any blood, which was really weird. So they're like, what is going on? And they start following it where it disappeared over this little edge and this little knoll into the forest, and as they're walking something catches their eye. Justin said, he looks over and there is about maybe fifteen yards away two infant creatures that look like they are the children or offspring of this thing that just ran into the forest that they just shot.
Speaker 2: Infant like baby, like a child.
Speaker 3: This is this is a little kid.
Speaker 4: This is not an animal because I mean they look like little monkeys and you get in a posts and you see their eyes and they get that they're just surrounded by white.
Speaker 1: And they're it's a little kid.
Speaker 2: I should have seen that way. It was.
Speaker 1: They were walking okay, and they they could communicate with each other. They would make little kind of chirping noises to each other, and they were wandering around and looking for something like they were looking for their parents just got shot, that just got shot. And so there's like this really strange, you know, situation going on, and they're looking up at these little things, these little monkey like creatures on two legs walking around. So they're making those Yeah, they can they can see him, and they're not afraid of the people they're looking at him. But at the same time, they they're kind of like what you would expect a baby to be. They don't know enough to be afraid, right, And so they're looking at these little creatures and looking up to see if this other creature is dead over you know, in the in the forested area. It's just he says, it's just so bizarre. Eventually, Justin has this thought, I'm gonna I'm gonna kill one of the juveniles. I'm gonna kill one and take it back with this because I want nobody's gonna believe this. I need proof this is. And he's like, I don't know if it's a monkey. I don't know what this thing is. It's not human. It's not at least not the kind of human that I'm used to seeing. So I'm just going to shoot this thing. Yeah, And so he he pulls up his rifle and there's this little infant sasquatch or whatever it is, and he starts pulling the trigger and he's looking at it and he's feeling like this is wrong, you know. He feels like he's about ready to commit murder. And the driver is like saying, don't shoot it, don't do it. Well, he pulls the trigger.
Speaker 4: I think hunting you harvest. That was more or less murder on the little one. The big one just say is what it is?
Speaker 1: And this this gangsta, this child, this infant whatever it was, rolls down the hill and it's on the ground and there's blood coming out, and it's just it's a horrible scene. He says, it's horrific. Hmm. There the guilt that they describe feeling after they've they've shot this thing. Is is horrible, murdering a little kid. Yeah, basically, the second one apparently escapes over the hill when the when the other sibling was killed, and so Justin says, he's looking at it. He doesn't know what to do, and he could see finally that it's not no longer breathing. It starts to twitch and it's dead. Obviously it's expired, and so he goes over and he he picks it up and he's looking at it, and he says, he's looking at it straight into its eyes that are dead but open, and he said he just had this horrible feeling. He said, it was a it was a living human. It was human eyes staring at him, weird, and it was dripping blood on his boots and he just could not look away from this creature that he just killed. And he knew, he felt that he committed murder. And the driver was equally horrified by the whole situation and because of what it was. And he doesn't really understand why they didn't, but they were so worried apparently that they had just killed somebody instead of something, that they decided to bury it and then come back later and with people that could look at it and see what this thing actually was. Weird, So they spend some time, they bury it, and then they go drive home and they're traumatized. When they come back later, of course it's gone. Oh of course, And I don't know for those that have any kind of background in bigfoot stories, Bigfoots never leave their dead, that's what they say. You don't ever find a bigfoot carcass in the forest. So anyway, they come back and of course it's gone, But there are some evidence that was left there, a toft of hair from what they thought was maybe this thing. The area where they buried had been dug up, and the branches they in rocks that they put on top was all strewn everywhere. But they did find like a little scrap of hair and hide, and so they took that. He also had the blood that was on his boots. But anyway, they went back to civilization, and you know, they told a few people about this story, and it kind of got around, and so people had asked him about it. A lot of people didn't believe him, and those that did kind of believe him, they were very quick to judge him for shooting this thing. You know what, if it would have been a person in a bear suit, why would you just shoot something like that? What kind of idiot was he for doing that kind of thing? So he took a lot of heat. The driver refused to go public. He had a family, he had a job, he wanted to protect all that, and so he never said anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I get you know, you need to identify your target when you're hunting. You need to make sure you know what it is. But if you can't identify it but you can see it clearly, could you imagine if they took that logic into predator or alien? I mean, I don't know what it is, better not killing. So I don't blame him for taking this shot.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a lot of it, and a lot of people are like, Okay, I can see you shot the big one, but then why would you shoot the small one. You know, there are seasons for bears and other animals. You can't just go up and shoot everything just because it's fun. You can shoot varmints, but I mean they were breaking laws, and that's one of the reasons why they said they hit it, because they were sure that, you know, a phishing game officer was gonna come by and they were going to be in trouble, and they didn't want to be in trouble, so that kind of stuff was in their mind. Plus, you know, and I think they really If you listen to this guy, and I've got a few clips that I'm interspersing here, he feels like he really killed somebody. Crazy, he feels like he murdered somebody. There's no way that he can justify it. He doesn't even try, and people say, well why, and he says, I can't even explain it. So after that time goes by and then more people get involved. The people that don't necessarily believe it start asking him questions about it, and just the way that he answers it just lends itself to being more credible. And so some bigfoot hunters and people that are out searching for cryptids start interviewing him. It goes so far that they do a documentary on this whole story, and part of the interview they actually go out into the same meadow and they have two more encounters with strange creatures out there, and they actually take some casts of prints. Something was there. They could hear things, and evidence was left behind, and they also decided to get a professional technician that's going to come out and give him a polygraph test. A polyographer is that.
Speaker 2: What you'd call him, probably sounds good.
Speaker 1: Comes out and she hooks him up and she asks him questions and it's supposedly ninety eight point nine percent accurate, but he aces it. He passes every question the tasked with no hint of being deceptive. So that went a long way in proving that at least what he thought he did.
Speaker 2: Or he was good at flexing his butt cheeks something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, either he's really good at faking the test out or something really happened and he really believes it, believes it, he believes it. After all of this came out and the documentary was being made, the producers of the documentary went and found and were actually able to interview the driver that was with Justin when he went out and shot this thing. Up until that point, everybody criticized this as a because this supposed driver never was found. He didn't exist, right, They don't release his name, and they disguise him and I probably alter his voice in the documentary, but he talks about it, and he basically verifies everything that Justin said. So another researcher that kind of jumps in and joins in this investigation actually slowly turned from skeptic into believer. His name is Bart Catino. Yeah, and apparently his dad owned like a brewery or something. So Justin and the driver went to this place to be interviewed by Bart, and Bart snuck around and went underneath the decking so that he could eavesdrop and listen to what they talked about when he wasn't there, thinking that they would catch them trying to, you know, get their story straight or whatever, you know, find some kind of deception.
Speaker 2: Now, listen to your driver when he asks you about Dodge on that little one was the most or fifteen years old, exactly, that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was that kind of thing. But instead of that, they actually start talking about their experience. They start talking about the way that they were driving down the road and it was so weird the way it was waving its arms. They talked about, you know, when they first saw it, that they didn't know what it was, and one would say something and the other one say, yeah, I know, freaked me out. Anyway, they were talking in regular banter about a shared experience. They weren't trying to like, you know, get their stories straightened out.
Speaker 2: So they were either really well rehearsed or they.
Speaker 1: Had the same experience, right, And so this bart guy is like, hey, this is not two guys out trying to pull a fast one over anybody. They actually experienced something. So they did that along with this polygraph test, and so the people that were once skeptics that have been around these guys are now like believing it. They don't necessarily think just is like this great guy because what he did obviously was not something that was very smart. If you're a hunter and you respect the wilderness, it's not like you go out and just randomly shoot big animals, right, you use husbandry and you husbandry, yeah, animal husbandry have you heard of that?
Speaker 2: All that.
Speaker 1: Depends if your husband or not. But anyway, and you can have a drink if you're planning or drinking game, so they said. But anyway, they believe these guys. So as the documentary progresses, you start to see this weird a collection of people that turn from skeptics to believers. And they go out and actually camp out in this meadow in sight and they have some encounters that are kind of weird, and it kind of ends with almost justin doing this I don't know, remorseful kind of thing, saying, you know, I I don't know what I shot. I don't know what it was. I feel guilty, and I'm going to spend the rest of my life trying to figure it out. I'm going to put links to this documentary on there. It's very entertaining. I watched it at one point five speed because it's a little long. Yeah, you'll learn a lot and it kind of makes you go huh. And the things that I take away from it are people when they look at this thing, wrestle with whether it's a human or not.
Speaker 2: There's some kind of connection.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is too human to kill comfortably. Interesting. A lot of people can't kill anything comfortably. But even hunters, season hunters that are used to blood and guts and gore of the harvesting of animals. Even the guy from Jurassic Park, Yes, the big Game hunter looks into the eyes of this thing and says, huhh, this ain't right.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's an interesting story. So that's my story.
Speaker 3: What do you.
Speaker 2: Got to this story? My story is not so Bigfoot traditional. I figured I had to open the doors a little bit.
Speaker 1: Open your brain, mind, open your mind, brain, as you would say in the stranger Zone.
Speaker 2: So this story takes place in nineteen thirty six near Elkhorn, Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Olkorn, Wisconsin, a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of cheeseheads.
Speaker 1: There is a like an Elkhorn, Idaho by some Dalley.
Speaker 2: They call it Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: It's a village.
Speaker 2: Where all the rich people go, or they used to go.
Speaker 1: We should go there, Yeah, we're so rich. Not we'll go beg.
Speaker 2: So a guy named Mark Shackleman, he was like a just a guy kind of making ends meet. I think he had a little family. He's just taking jobs as he can. Were a little Shackleman Sheckleman.
Speaker 1: So this sounds a little suspect with a name like Shackleman. So you're not making stuff up.
Speaker 2: So you're I'm not making stuff up. This is a true story from interwebs.
Speaker 1: Okay, from the interwebs, right, go for anyway.
Speaker 2: So he gets a night shift position as a security guard at a school. It's a Catholic school called Saint Koletta School for the Exceptional Children sat coleta school for exceptional children. It's interesting, Yeah, and at the time was the biggest Catholic school in the US. So it's not like a school like where we went, where you drop your kid off and they go run across the playground they live there. No, this is like a big brick and mortar building and it's got a big yard and there's trees on their property and grass everywhere in hills. It's not like a it's more like a college type, like a very small college campus kind of feel.
Speaker 1: Okay, But it's had a lot of history, yes, And it was like built when they made things really cool.
Speaker 2: Yes. And in speaking of its history, it's kind of rumored to be made and built on Native American burial, like on a ooh, I saw that Poulter guy. So anyway, Mark is making his rounds as his night shift duties.
Speaker 1: Shackleman.
Speaker 2: Shackleman.
Speaker 1: Mister Shackleman's gonna people as a Catholic school, yes, okay.
Speaker 2: Anyway, he's making his rounds across this pretty good sized school.
Speaker 1: The campus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the campus, that's a good way to put it. He sees a shadowy outline kind of hunched over and digging into kind of a mound like a hill, like a like a shadowy, hairy figure digging into this like a dog bent over. You know how they paw through their legs, their front legs kind of sweep through their back legs, and that's how.
Speaker 1: They dig, like in a yard or like a.
Speaker 2: Like on the like on the the the field. Yeah, if you could look at pictures that you would see there's it's very grassy. I think a lot of Wisconsin might be that way.
Speaker 1: So he saw a hairy creature digging in the grassy knoll.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, pretty much, I like that, and he was like, maybe it's a coyote or a dog, and then his kind of clarity comes through and he's like, there's no way a coyote, a dog, or even a wolf is digging big, big like that.
Speaker 1: So guess so Shackleman is going to go shackle him. M no, nope, okay no.
Speaker 2: So he kind of watches it for a second and I think he maybe swept his big old security guard flashlight on it and it stood up, and he said it was six plus feet and it had kind of a canine type snout, like an elongated face with jowls.
Speaker 1: That's a little different bigfoot description, but.
Speaker 2: It had a kind of a manly, muscular body and very hairy, shaggy hair. And he said it smelled like rotten flesh, which is something we keep hearing with the big footing. That's rotten bad smell sulfur maybe, he said it growled at him and it just ran off, and they both, I'm sure ran off, he probably like. And then it ran off, probably like a scooby like, and then they got either direction. He hidden like a barrel and started eating a hot dog or something. So his next shift comes around and he's like, I gotta go look around there again. So he goes back to the same place and sure enough it's there, and the creature is there again. Yeah, the same kind of dog like the beast. The beast is there. So let me when it ran away, was a bipedal? It ran away on two legs? Yes, he said it stood up on two legs. I don't know about it running away, but it stood up and looked at him at two with two legs with a man like a humanoid body.
Speaker 1: Humanoid body with a dog kind or canine kind of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the Egyptian yeah Orus or whatever a Nubis is that? Yeah, yeah, god of death or whatever.
Speaker 1: Weird weird.
Speaker 2: So on his next shift he runs around and he not runs I'm sure he paced himself properly. He makes his his rounds, his duties as a security guard at night, making sure, you know, street youths aren't making vandalism or whatever they do. And he sees it again in the same spot, digging, and this time he's got a kind of a you know, those big flashlights. He's like, maybe I'll kind of like square off with this thing. So he had a little confidence with him, I guess, and.
Speaker 1: He hit a light so he was brave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he says, it stands up and growls at him, and it sounds like half man half dog, like almost like a dog impersonating a man.
Speaker 1: Weird. So let me before I forget to ask what year is this? Is this?
Speaker 2: Like I said at the beginning, nineteen thirty six?
Speaker 1: Okay, so it was before they had like a smartphone that they could whip out.
Speaker 2: Yeah he could. Okay, God, it would have been an ordeal to take a picture at nighttime with it X camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, to take a half hour to set it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it stands up, it growls again, and he kind of squares off with it. And this time it just ran off. She didn't runood.
Speaker 1: He stood his.
Speaker 2: Ground a little bit, which I don't know. I wouldn't probably do.
Speaker 1: Man, where's this at again?
Speaker 2: This is in Wisconsin near Elkhorn, Wisconsin, Wisconsin, Wisconsin, Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Yeap.
Speaker 2: And he says it growls and it left and he'd never seen it since.
Speaker 1: Weird. So was this reported in papers? Yep?
Speaker 2: It was reported in papers around that time, nineteen thirties. Yeah, and it kind of became known as the Beast of Bray Road.
Speaker 1: That was where the campus was.
Speaker 2: That's kind of yeah. I don't know that the campus was on those roads. I Google mapped it, but a lot has changed since nineteen thirty six, and it's kind of hard to tell where the campus is and where it was. I don't know. I didn't go way in depth in the geography, right, But this story is kind of led up to this this fictional kind.
Speaker 1: Of mythical creature, mythical creature of.
Speaker 2: What's the word like this lore in the area of the Beast of Bray Road that is kind of a were wolf and it had other names like the Beast of Bray Road, the dog Man, the werewolf, and the Big foot, you know.
Speaker 1: So have there been sightings after this.
Speaker 2: Or there have there a girl later And this is just one. There's a lot of them that come up. If you just google the Beast of Bray Road, you'll it'll it'll come up pretty quick. Even if you just google the the name of the school, it'll come up eventually as you're scrolling through Google.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: But a girl was driving home one night and she felt a pump on her car, so she figured she must have hit a raccoon or whatever. She gets out of her car and she's kind of looking around and she sees this this beasty monster down the road and it comes after her, like maybe she ran over it as it was, you know, trying to cross the road or hit it was a silhouette, you know, Was.
Speaker 1: It laying in the road when she saw it. No, it was standing, okay, so I didn't kill it. No, And it came after her.
Speaker 2: So she does the panic girl, jump in the car, kick it into gear and takes off and it actually jumps on her trunk while she's trying to get on out of there. And that's kind of the end of that. And that gets in the newspaper and then there's a movie that came out in two thousand and five called The Beast of Bray Road, and I hear it's actually really really good. I mean, like the Shining doesn't even compare. It got a twenty seven percent on Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 1: It's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, it came up as the Beast of Bray Road. It's a movie I think it'd be fun to watch, probably just a B movie, horror monster movie. Probably a girl and like a semi transparent sure night, Sure that she's driving home and the monster.
Speaker 1: Okay, time out. Okay. So looking up some of this stuff about Yetti's and about Bigfoot and about all of these experiences, there is a whole genre of crap books and movies about women being ravaged by these mythical creatures of Bigfoot. And it is like they're very popular.
Speaker 2: Written by female authors too.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, because.
Speaker 2: You know what they say about men with big feet, right.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. I don't know. I don't know about that, but I do know that when you go to Amazon and you look up anything Bigfoot, all these books come up about I was ravaged by Bigfoot, or I spent the night with Bigfoot or my romance whatever. You're like, oh my god, and it's this whole kind of weird, like romantic kind of creepy, is weird, almost pornographic kind of.
Speaker 2: Every horror movie is that way too. Well, they have that elting King Kong.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's true.
Speaker 2: He has to pull the clothes out love with her, she and he's all she's all wearing like a silky you know.
Speaker 1: And she gets in the waterfall and gets all wet and then he's trying to pull our clothes. That was pretty racy for the nineteen thirties or fifties or whenever that came out. But anyway, okay, I took us on a totally big rabbit hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's pretty much the end of my story. Just this goofy kind of It sparked a lot in that area, and there's been movies about it and stuff. Yeah, so it's it all came from the security guard in a Catholic school in nineteen thirty six.
Speaker 1: So okay, let's roll this back into our main topic, a bigfoot, or even prior to that, there are all these stories of these kind of creatures. Now this one has a different kind of face or head. Same with the one about Carolina that I.
Speaker 2: Think, Man, I think I was gonna touch on that for you.
Speaker 1: But it's so weird that these creatures that even though they are different in some ways, they still share a lot of the same elements, like the stinkiness now that they go on their bipedal Obviously, the wolf face guy or whatever this creature.
Speaker 2: Was dog man.
Speaker 1: He didn't look human in the way, so his body was human justin probably could have popped out with no problem, no guilt whatsoever if.
Speaker 2: You look at me as a dog face, Like, uh, what's that movie Kujo? No, no, no, no, no, the dog has the guy's face.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the Men in Black.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know what the heck you're talking about that, right, I didn't see that movie.
Speaker 1: I don't watch those kind of movies. But yeah, so you have these things that kind of turn up. They're not just like modern inventions. So this was nineteen thirties, right. You also have the wind to go.
Speaker 2: Right, and that's what I'm talking about, Like the it's this story is very like Native American sounding, Yeah, with like this kind of more animal half animal half man werewolf type, well rallying and animalistic it's not like not like howls, like, and it kind of.
Speaker 1: Has this overtone of fantastical kind of but yeah, it has these fantastic stories of these creatures that could be supernatural or they could be you know, some kind of cryptid, or they could they could be real or maybe they maybe they're not real. Yeah, and those are shared through stories like like you said in Egypt.
Speaker 2: Or in what did I just say?
Speaker 1: In Native Americansnubis, And yeah, I don't know what you make of all these things, with all these different kinds of creatures that have these same kind of elements that kind of reappear and if you think about there's no real reason why those same elements reappear, Right, It's not like something your brain would naturally grab it towards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm well in a way.
Speaker 1: So it's dark, yeah, stinky dead. I mean, I don't know the smell.
Speaker 2: I don't know that smells are really psychosomatic or whatever, but I mean, like seeing something a figure in the dark, it's gonna be blurry. And things that are blurry tend to be hairy because they're blurry.
Speaker 1: Creatures shout out to blurry creatures.
Speaker 2: But they tend to be just blurry and like my dog. I haven't I haven't trimmed him up. I have a labradoodle, and when he gets shaggy, he just starts looking like a dog shaped thing. He doesn't look like a labradoodle. He just looks like a dog shaped thing. He's all mangy, and his jowls are longer. So in the dark, when you can't see, you probably are taking something that could have just been a tree.
Speaker 1: Well, I do know that Duke can jump up on you and his when he kind of jumps up and he stands on his hind legs, his head is about my head level. He's about my eyes. He's pretty tall. Yeah, he's pretty tall.
Speaker 2: So if you.
Speaker 1: Train Duke to walk on the legs and walk around, I mean, that could freak you out. So I could see that happening.
Speaker 2: And I have heard stories of bears that have maybe like like got their paw hurt or they they fell hardy main so they lose.
Speaker 1: Some of their hair on their dad too.
Speaker 2: But the thing I'm thinking of, there's something about bears where they won't walk on their front legs, and some bears actually get trained because of their situation, like maybe a bear trap got them. They're missing a paw, so they have to walk on three, which hurts their left arm or whatever and arm, so they just walk so they walk on their hind legs kind of more naturally. So it could be something like that. That could be, but I don't know Wisconsin's bear population population. I'd imagine I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe they like cheese. Bears maybe like cheese. They could have migrated from Canada. Canada, come down to eat the cheese.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're coming down here from up north and we're wanting to share some cheese with you all.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite kind of cheese, mister bear? I like shee's whiz geez whiz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all right, So that's my story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really fascinating.
Speaker 2: I thought it was kind of cool because they mentioned it as a bigfoot creature, but it's also, you know, a were wolf, which kind of makes you think, like, well, were wolves and all other kind of we human we need to.
Speaker 1: Get in that. We should do that episode. I don't know if we'll do it next or not, but that would be a fun series. Do wear wolves and vampires and those kind.
Speaker 2: Of things that are more the TV monsters yeah, TV monsters and kind of their history the black Yeah, I like that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I've got another story. It's not gonna be a very exciting one. I don't know. It's kind of cool though. So this story is about one of my favorite actors. Have you ever seen It's a wonderful life?
Speaker 2: You want the moon? Throws around that movie? What did you want?
Speaker 1: Barry? What do you want?
Speaker 3: You want the moon?
Speaker 2: Just say the word and I'll throw a glasshole around and pull it down. Hey that's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, right, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. And that actor Jimmy Stewart James Stewart, right, So he's well known for many many things, but not many people know unless you're kind of like a Bigfoot kind of fan. That Jimmy Stewart is said to have smuggled in his wife's lingerie bag. Nice a finger from a Yetti.
Speaker 2: Whoa, that's weird.
Speaker 1: So this is kind of a cool story. So way back in like the early nineteen hundreds, there was like this fever pitch of fascination about Yetti and the Himalayas in Nepal, Okay, and so there were a lot of expeditions and wealthy people were like going over there and they were trying to find this creature. So apparently there was a mountain climber that was very famous the time had gone over and had seen this footprint in the snow, and the sherpa guides had said, Hey, that's this creature. And I don't remember the name of what they actually called it, but the guy thought, hey, we're going to find this thing. They looked, they couldn't find it, and then a journalist accidentally kind of juxtaposed the words that the shrpa used and instead of saying that this is like a stinky snow person, he came out with the word abominable and it became the abominable snow mode that. Yeah, so that's kind of how that happened. So it was a journalistic mistake, or maybe it was purposeful because it would sell more papers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so then it's easier to write stinky snow monster.
Speaker 1: And so people were out to find this thing. So, like in the nineteen fifties, I think it was nineteen fifty seven, this oil baron from the United States, this guy who has made all kind of money in oil. He makes an expedition to Nepal to find this mythical creature, the Yeti and or the abominable Snowman. And he doesn't find it, but he hears about this monastery, and the history of this monastery is that they had both a hand and the skull of a Yeti as a shrine in their monastery. And so people went and looked for it, and somehow they arranged with some people that were there looking for Yeti who were in the employee of this Tom Slick, this oil baron.
Speaker 2: Tom Slick makes oil.
Speaker 1: He's a slick dude.
Speaker 2: What a good names.
Speaker 1: Well, it's also a good name for somebody who's in the snow covered regions looking for Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: It's true, Well Yeti, I imagine him from Texas.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he was slipping and sliding all over because he was slick. But anyway, name slick, mister slick. Slick materials like snow and oil. Snow and oil. But yeah, so I'm like totally paraphrasing this, and I didn't the time to write down the names of all the individuals, but this is available. Just google it. You'll find all kinds of information. So anyway, these guys go and they make a deal with the monks at this monastery and for what's the equivalent of probably one hundred and sixty bucks, they donate money to the monastery for one finger of this yetti hand that supposedly in the shrine at the monastery. Right now, one hundred and sixty bucks doesn't sound like much, but well, and also in Nepal at that time, you know, a year's wages was like fifteen bucks.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I mean it's a big deal, Right's what's a finger to a monk? He's like, well, there's a finger for They're.
Speaker 1: Just saying, i'll give you the finger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: So they chant, though, I give you the thing, I'll be you a thing exactly. So they end up purchasing this digit. Now, big problem, all right, Smuggling antiquities out of any country is a big deal.
Speaker 2: Especially a monk body.
Speaker 1: Parts, well, out of Nepal, out of the Himalayas, out of Egypt. I mean, it was a racket. So in the world, they really clamped down on these collectors trying to you know, grab and buy these artifacts and smuggle them out of the country because it's part of the heritage of the country that they're in, right, so they had all these customs requirements, So how are we going to get this thing out? We got we got the Yetti finger, but somehow we've got to get it out of the country. So these two guys that made the purchase apparently smuggled it out of Nepal into India, and Jimmy Stewart and his wife were in India at that time filming something or maybe they were on vacation. Yeah, and they knew this oil baron Slick, and they basically come up with a plant that they're going to smuggle this thing back to the United States for Tom Slick. And the way they're going to do it because they know that no respectable man would ever go through a woman's lingerie bag actually was a lingerie case back then put the finger in Jimmy Stewart's wife's Lundi launderie case and it worked.
Speaker 2: They were you want to you want the finger, We'll plow your panties down your back phone.
Speaker 1: That's so horrible, Yeah, but that's basically what they did. So they get it back to the United States and there is actually a story that the concierge of the hotel that they're staying in back in the United States, comes in with her luggage, and all the other luggage had been opened and gone through when they went through customs, and when they brought in her little lingerie case, she noticed that it was still locked and it hadn't been opened. The seal was still intactly, and so she even asked the concierg, well, you know, how come this one wasn't and the concierge supposedly said something like, oh, man, no respectable man ever go through a woman's lingerie case. So, anyway, the finger got to the United States, and then apparently they actually did DNA testing on this thing, and they believed that it actually came from like some kind of bear, possibly a polar bear. And another interesting facet of this is that when they took the finger, they actually had smuggled in a human finger to replace it so that other monks would not know that a finger had been taken. A shifty monk, Yeah, they were a shifty finger. They took this human finger and smuggled it into the monastery and replaced it so that the other monks will know.
Speaker 2: Mister Slick comes in, He's like, hey, how much for that finger? You know, the Monk's like, well, no, we can't sell it, and then he leaves. Dang, really one of that finger. The one monk was like, I'll make you a deal. It pulls open as monk robe.
Speaker 1: I got a It is weird. I don't know, but you know, to kind of close this story out, so apparently not too long ago, the finger was actually returned to this monastery after they did the DNA testing. They actually took it back and gave it back to the monastery and that's where it resides today.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's a great story. I mean, Jimmy Stewart, we hadn't talked much about Yetti's. We could. There's like a really fascinating history. We could do a whole series on Yettis because I mean, the way that they were found and alex Heander the Great and there are all these things. They're almost a different beasts too, kind of almost but kind of the same. Yeah. I Mean, the one story that I love, and maybe I'll just highlight it here, is that the origination of humankind happened when a rock ogre ogress, because it was a female ogre as sex with a monkey and they have offspring, these ogre monkeys that eventually evolve into humanity, and then the ones that didn't evolve that direction turned into the yetties. And that's actually a kind of a sherp of folklore.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Yeah, very weird anyway, like a rock lady and a monkey. Just you gotta watch people. You gotta watch out for those rock ogresses. Yeah. Yeah, they're hard stuff, nice rock.
Speaker 1: They'll rock you all night long, rock.
Speaker 2: The full circle. Yeah. So this story isn't really directly Bigfoot related. Again, like my previous story, Well, we're wolves and stuff Harry Harry, monsters by people. This is more left open for the imagination.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't wait now again I must ask, this is not this.
Speaker 2: This is a true story as far as I know. I've read it. I've heard it more than one time.
Speaker 1: See you tell lies. It's like this guy's falling. It's hard to trust you.
Speaker 2: Boy who cried? Where Wolf?
Speaker 1: Where Wolf?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Go okay.
Speaker 2: So this takes place in Russia, the motherland, Russia, and it's a group of college students. I want to say there's seven or eight of them. I haven't counted the number of students in what year is this like nineteen fifty nine? Okay, So like exploring and adventuring and kind of like going through these like different passes and making their you know, like climbing the Himalayas is like a thing, or making it to this summit is a thing. It was kind of like a goal to make it to all these different right socies before the Cold War, I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 1: Work came after beef.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is that Mexican accent for?
Speaker 1: That was not Mexican Russian anyway Russian to judge me.
Speaker 2: So these college students are pretty experienced in climbing and in like firing the elements, you know.
Speaker 1: Like fairing.
Speaker 2: Is that a word. That's the word I'm trying to think of.
Speaker 1: You were going to talk about, Oh this is about fairies. Yeah, sure, fairing, fairing. How are you fairing? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then I second guess it was just.
Speaker 1: Not a normal word. But yeah, I like it good. It's a good adjective.
Speaker 2: They were used to being out there and dealing with cold harsh when that was a verb.
Speaker 1: By the way, Yeah, motorcycle, which would make it.
Speaker 2: And I would, uh, what are you rambling about?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to be you. You know, I don't know this much. Oh yeah, that's true. Shut up.
Speaker 2: Any way, college students very experienced in climbing and hiking and being in the snow and dealing with elements and fairy and they're from Russia and this is near Northern Earls. You are a Ls Russia. I don't know what sure, northern of regular Earls, I think, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So they're going to.
Speaker 2: Go on this trip through a pass. At the time, I don't know that it was named necessarily, but it becomes to be known as Dyatlav Pass.
Speaker 1: Okay. So it's a pass, like a mountain.
Speaker 2: Pass, and there's some Native people's I think that live up there, but they're not really that high typically, and it's kind of a like a no man's land. And I think the actual mountain that they're kind of going through or across is called like death Mountain or something based on the tree because there's no trees. It's just kind of dead.
Speaker 1: It's a big frozen rock yep.
Speaker 2: So there's yeah, but there's Igor Dyatlav. He's kind of the leader of this group of college students that are going to make their There's zena let's called him Zen Zen. I think it's a female.
Speaker 1: Zen. I feel bad because just call her Zen. Yeah. And then there's a cool name.
Speaker 2: She sounds hot, Leah, Leo Miller, Lela Alexander. Got that one?
Speaker 1: Is Leo Mila a female?
Speaker 2: I want to say it's a female. Okay, we'll call her Leah Alexander Alexander Rustim Rusty, We'll call him Rusty. Yuri Uri Uri with a K for the last name. And then there's Yuri with a D for the last name.
Speaker 1: Eureka and Uri Day.
Speaker 2: And then there's Nicolai Nicolai, Nicolai, Nicola Nicola okay, and then there is Simion Simi Simon, but he gets sick. He doesn't go on the.
Speaker 1: Full trip, okay Si, which is the story.
Speaker 2: Yes, the story, so it.
Speaker 1: Plays out pretty good for him.
Speaker 2: So they go through Russia. They got to go. You know, they're going to meet it this bus stop and then they're going to take this transit to this place. They're going to stay here, and then they're going to work their way up the mountain and then they're going to cross country and snowshoe and get you know, they have like.
Speaker 1: A little they got a strategy. They got it. They're not scheduled, they're.
Speaker 2: Very well planned. I do know that one of them had been working on a stove system for their tent to keep them warm, to keep them warm, and it was kind of a prototype, but it was supposed to be more efficient, and he was kind of you know, anybody working on a stove isn't ignoramus in the mountains. You know, he's just he's he's a guy, he's working. He's probably depends on how good this stove is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that's right.
Speaker 2: So long story short, they may get up into the mountains buses. Semi gets Semi into the trip and kind of gets sick, goes home, doesn't make it.
Speaker 1: So Simeon bails out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is not going to go.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling he's the only one that's going to survive. He makes it.
Speaker 2: So he gets up into the mountains.
Speaker 1: So there is what did I say, the Mountain of Death to the Dead Mountains of the Dead five, six, seven, eight minus Simon, which would believe, Well, I didn't count Simon. Oh, so there's eight more.
Speaker 2: Ye, So there's there's eight people that go up into the mountains in Russia. Which is you know, you hear the jokes like in Russia, you don't to play pulgar polker pullice. I don't know they have like all those jokes because Russia's tough environment, right, especially in.
Speaker 1: The mountains, very hostile. So they get up there, they.
Speaker 2: Set up their tents. They they've got some journals and stuff that you can read and if you google it you can get a lot more information. Okay, one night, middle of the night, something scares.
Speaker 1: Them, like they're in their tents.
Speaker 2: They're in a tent, like a big like a frame type with this heat.
Speaker 1: This guy created.
Speaker 2: Okay, if something scares them so bad that instead of going out the front door, they they have to cut their way out of the tent with a knife.
Speaker 1: Like something walking the front door, their way.
Speaker 2: Through the back of the tent or the sidewall of the tent to get out. Weird, And they don't put on snow shoes, and they don't put on jackets, and they don't put on you know, good insulated pants. They're in skivvies and loafers, felt loafers, and they're in the mountains negative degree temperatures, and they leave their tent for some reason they cut, They tear through the tent and run off into the into the snow in the middle of the night. So run off into the middle of the night and the snow and the cold, which you do that, you will die, that's a given.
Speaker 1: You can come back in and warm up. You're gonna die if you shed the tent though, that's not even possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'd have to prepare the tent to stay warm. But something scared them out of that tent, right, So they never come back. The parents are worried. Everybody's worried. Officials are worried, so they send people up there to find them, like a week later or something. Yeah, after their return is supposed to happen, and their checkings, they're just they're not hearing anything from these people and they're gone, and their loved ones are worried, so they send people up to look for them, and they find them.
Speaker 1: They were quite a ways away.
Speaker 2: They kind of went down into a little valley and after they ran out of the tent. They ran out of the tent, they went down into the valley. They left the tent completely abandoned with a tear in the side, and it looks like some of them started to try to make a fire or made it. Maybe you made a small fire, and other ones had kind of dispersed going a different direction. Some of them seemed like they tried to make a way back a little bit. But the frigid temperatures with no insulation, you're gonna you're going to freeze to fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hypothermia, And that's.
Speaker 2: Not the weird thing that they died, but they had some blunt force trauma. One of them had his skull crushed in, their chests were crushed in. They were able to tell, based on kind of the autopsy, that they had eaten shortly before leaving, so it wasn't like they were just on their own because their tent had been ripped and was blowing over. They had to eaten. They had been fine about eight to six hours before leaving their tent because of the way that you know, autopsies work, I'm not you know, Yeah, but they were able to tell that the injuries that were made could not have been made by a human because of the force that would take. You'd have to really have some leverage or some strength or some weight. You have to have one of those things. How many people have this kind of damage. Was it like all of them are just a few of them or one of them. I want to say that three of them had pretty bad blunt force trauma to their chest or their head, which is pretty specific. It's not like you can fall, you know, and collapse your chest. It's like somebody had beat them with a like a branch or clubbed or swatted or something or limb or something. And then another one had a fractured skull and their tongue was removed. So three of them had very severe and you know, the tongue being gone thing, you can maybe say, well, what bear came through and this soft tissue. I don't know. The rest of them died from hypothermia. And they had looked like maybe they tried to start a fire. They were trying to kind of like regroup. There's probably some chaos going on. They did some tests on the bodies, like I said, and they found some radiation, like abnormally high radiation on the people, which kind of led to some conspiracies about maybe nuclear testing or something. I'd heard a rumor or I've read rumors about maybe the tree tops were burned, like something had come through there, like a missile. Or a UFO or something weird. One thing that stuck out that made me really kind of like pause and reread the whole thing was that one of the only noticeable footprints that they could find was an abnormally large humanoid footprint coming from the tent into the death of these people, and unfortunately seven people died.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I was wondering how you're going to turn this back to a big foot story because I'm like, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: But they're in the high mountains of Russia. Something scares them out of their tent, chases them down, potentially beats them three of them to death with abnormally and all the strength, and one of the one of their tongues is ripped out, probably the mouthy one. And the only like real trail that I could find, you know, like Wikipedia and little articles I can find online. I didn't rent a book from the library or no, but the stuff that I can find, the only real abnormal explanation they have is burnt trees, high radiation and giant footprints, fliprint which brings in aliens. Yeah, testing, radiology, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: And all things that we've talked about before that always kind of seem to marry up with all the weird.
Speaker 2: Topics of it. And what a better group of people to picked than a tent full of young young college students in the mountains to make your weird alien tests song.
Speaker 1: So my first thought was on this thing was, okay, got college students, got co eds going up in the mountains in a tent with a special kind of stove, maybe with some special kind of plant.
Speaker 2: That you burn in the stove, that you burn in the stove, or you know, you think.
Speaker 1: About what kind of drugs if they were psychedelics. I mean, this is the fifties, right, so it's right before the sixties, So sixties people are doing LSD and all kinds of psychedelics. I mean, I could see. But you've also got that whole history of like the Germans and stuff that were developing these mind altering yeah kind of loosenogenics and LSD so that they could try to, you know, get people's minds to work differently. It's almost like maybe they had like a massisteria event. Maybe they all shared a trip and like something, they freaked out and they ran off. You know, they didn't feel the cold right away. It doesn't explain the blunt force trauma, right.
Speaker 2: And and they tried to rationalize that maybe there was a fell off a cliff. It fell off a cliff, tried to climb a tree to get dryer temper or something, you know, to make a fire. A lot of them, you know, you can justify their clothes being gone because of hypothermia. There's a there's a process of hypothermia where you actually start taking your clothes off.
Speaker 1: I think you're hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then they said, well, maybe the native people in the area had come and attacked them. But they said that, I mean, like to crush somebody's chest or skull takes a lot of force. It's not like you're gonna do that with a stick. You know, you get maybe kicked by a horse or something, but you're not going to take a horse up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really weird, weird.
Speaker 2: And then some of the other theories is maybe like kind of internal strife between everybody. You know, there's three girls, five guys, and then there's this guy and that guy. And I think the leader, Dyetlov was actually like a martial arts kind of guy, and maybe he was okay, So this guy scared everybody out of a tent beat the crap out of him and then didn't come back and warm up. He chased him out there in his underwear and died. You know, it seems weird.
Speaker 1: You can think of cinnerias where like one guy goes nut, you know, and has a mashety martial arts skills are a knife and he's gonna like get you, and so people just freak out run whatever direction they have. The guy freaks out starts cutting the tent up, so they run away.
Speaker 2: Another another theory is maybe the stove had burned the tent and carbon tent on fire, and then they cut their way out because they couldn't get out the front.
Speaker 1: What was the tent burned?
Speaker 2: That's the weird part of that theory is it's not like the tents burnt.
Speaker 1: It's not like you see that.
Speaker 2: And then and then they have a third explanation where.
Speaker 1: The carbon monoxide or something it could.
Speaker 2: Be maybe not with a woodstove so much it would be smoky, and then people would I mean they could, but it.
Speaker 1: Could displace oxygen.
Speaker 2: It could, but you think they'd open the door. If they're rational enough to cut their way out, they'd open the door right draft their way Another thing I've heard about this whole scenario that went down this incident is an infrasound infrasound. Infrasound, which is like a certain tone or the way the wavelengths line up in sound that cause anxiety.
Speaker 1: And like those stupid alarm clocks that go off.
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't know about that. I think that's a like a conditioned response that you're now, but.
Speaker 1: They actually design them to be like abrasive and irritating. I mean some of them, like my Google alarm clock goes off and it's very pleasant, just kind of little chimes, but that thing is so it's like put your nails on a chalkboard.
Speaker 2: I think those are subconscious conditioned responses. This is like a thing where you could take an African child who had never heard music or anything in his life. It would still impact and you could play this extremely low noise and he wouldn't even hear it, it wouldn't register, but it would start to make him feel anxious and uncomfortable and people. He would start hallucinating maybe that there's something in the corner of his eye.
Speaker 1: Okay, So tie that into harp, which is that big kind of low frequency whether experiment up in Alaska or somewhere, and they say that it can like generate those kind of and actually change the people's mindset or actually like affect their attitudes and mental state. Yeah, so, I mean, I guess I can see that, and.
Speaker 2: That's that's another theory. And they in this particular theory, they think it might be because of the way the two draws of the canyon or these two valleys or whatever, actually the air pressure is changing and causing this.
Speaker 1: So can you actually create that kind of effect that somehow weird?
Speaker 2: So that seems like a stretch to me, and maybe the government was testing some weapon on some college students or something. But the big footprints really stick with you at the end. It's like, so you read through all these articles and then it's like and then they saw these big footprints, and you're like.
Speaker 1: What was it? Well, it could have been one of those giant Siberian bears or even like.
Speaker 2: A giant Siberian bears. Well, yeah, they call those Bengal bears begal.
Speaker 1: Power. No, I mean, there's a lot of bears up there and they're huge. I don't know if you call them grizzlies. But in Siberia and those kind of places. I mean, there are bears and they kill people, right, they eat them, you know, and maybe.
Speaker 2: A bear wandered in there. It's possible that would explain the eating tongue and the shredded and that they ten't you know, stomping on a chest or ahead or whatever, and then everybody else ran away, got away and.
Speaker 1: Froze FROs It's possible. But I like the bear thing. The footprint, though, doesn't quite fit with the bear kind of does, but it's kind of like, you know, Cinderella and her slipper. It's like the barefoot doesn't quite fit the humanoid foot. I mean they're similar.
Speaker 2: Well, you look at a barefoot, they're almost square, It's true, they're they're they're about as wide as they are a long. Yeah, you look at a human foot. They're much longer than they are wide, which reminds me unless you're like a weirdo.
Speaker 1: Then this documentary I watched about Justin and the big Foot that he shot, they take casts of these footprints and they're very wide, but they also have toes, which is really weird. So they they kind of look like bear prints, but they're very human.
Speaker 2: But they're like block wedgy kind of they're not like a long they're they're like a shrunk version.
Speaker 1: They're not like they're really long, but they're really wide at the same time.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah shoes, Yeah kind of well kind of yeah, and you know, it's weird. I've seen people with that type of footprint. You remember when like you're at a pool or whatever and you jump out and your your wet footprint is on the concrete and yours has like a high arch or whatever, and then you see the person that's got a flat super and it looks like a.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's kind of like that bigfoot maybe has arc problems. You look at the typical bigfoot things and they're long humanoid feet, but they're long, they're they're just bigger versions.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I've also heard that people that say that these feet are like hinged differently than human.
Speaker 2: Feet, right, so they have like an extra hinge in the middle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like an extra hinge which helps them, like, you know, move quickly up or downhillk.
Speaker 2: Of makes sense, like monkeys kind of like your hands, they're more like your hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can move your toes, your or your fingers and then your knuckles and then your wrist and you can kind of like reach around. We're both waving our hands. Long story short, I think it's all weird.
Speaker 1: It is all weird. This whole Bigfoot thing has been really fun, but it's been really weird.
Speaker 2: So that reminds me of a story. And we had talked about it kind of off mic and maybe mentioned it earlier, about the North Carolina lizard man.
Speaker 1: Lizard man. Yeah, he's another one of these things that kind of fits in the bipedal cryptid but doesn't quite line up exactly right with Bigfoot or Sasquat.
Speaker 2: Exactly in that story of the girl running over the the thing in the road and having to pull over in Wisconsin. In Wisconsin, this takes place in North Carolina, where they have less cheese. But it's so and a young boy he's making his way home and he gets a flat on a road.
Speaker 1: He's driving a car.
Speaker 2: If I remember correctly, we talked about this and I had looked it up and we'd gone back and forth about it a couple of times. But if I remember right, he got a flat tire and he's getting out to swap the tire over, and maybe he's here something behind him or he's almost done falves stench and he's getting wrapped up and he can hear this thing just coming behind it running. So he turns around and there's this thing kind of with a scaly, grimy body but also with hair, which so.
Speaker 1: He's finished putting the spare tyren I believe, close to it. Maybe he's got out of the six.
Speaker 2: Yep okay, and he gets chased by this monster, has to get back in his car. So very similar stories about similar creatures where they're not typical bigfoots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big big feet, big five moves mice meat and whatever. The moss and the.
Speaker 2: Wood is in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is that Brian Reagan? Anyway, Yeah, very similar situation where it's not the same animal necessarily that we hear about in Native American or you know where we live, but it's kind of similar and it smells yeah, yeah, it's got a lot of but in this time it attacks, much like the girl in Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: So he gets back in his truck. This thing attacks, It jumps on his vehicle. If I remember, I think, yeah, doesn't it like beat the crap out of it?
Speaker 2: It does a little bit of damage and he actually reports it to the police, and that's why the story is kind of.
Speaker 1: Like what it came out. Yeah, so this thing beats up his car, he escapes, but this lizard creature had like what scales instead of.
Speaker 2: Hair or was it hairy or See that's where I'm kind of confused, because they talk about it being hair, and then they kind of talk about it being feather and they kind of talk about it being like lizards.
Speaker 1: You know, they say that scales turn into feathers, and feathers turned into hair. Maybe it's like it looks like scales, but it moves into like a hair maybe yeah, like gorillas or.
Speaker 2: Maybe te mangy and maybe it's got mad blaxoriasis like I do. And it looks like he's got scales, but he doesn't, I think, have big claws.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: He had more instead of like the big foot, he had more like triple digit toes. Yeah, three fingers, that's right we talked about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so it was more like he had lizard feet or like chicken feet or bird feet then like big feet.
Speaker 2: And as you can see, based on this, we could just talk about a whole episode of Lizard of North Carolina. Yeah, the word we can talk about, you know, the any of these stories we've talked about, we could probably do a full episode.
Speaker 1: I just I love these stories. I mean, who what is really real and what's imagined and what people are just lying about and making up. But they're fun.
Speaker 2: I do love those ones where like the guy it's like always on like History channel of a national geographic and they're like Randall was alone at home one night. He's like, I was home alone one night. And then they're like, and he saw something terrifying and I was like going down, going there and get get now, get and then they're like the monster ran away, not through that mons and him as you gotta get out of my part day I'll go get my shotgun and I happened to and then they're like you never saw the monster again. And then they do like a whole series of television shows about this guy who had like and they made a story about a guy who knew a guy who went fishing one time and then I saw sasquat.
Speaker 1: It's just yeah, it's done. And then they make these rena we're dramatization, you know, and they make him really scary and you're like, oh my gosh, and you're looking for and you're waiting for the truth to amount and then they end it and it never happens.
Speaker 2: They make them scary, but they're like those B movies we were talking about where there's a girl and she's like, g golly whiz, I don't know, Timmy, we best go back inside before we catch us as a sniffle and he's like, no, baby, girl, we're gonna make it.
Speaker 1: And then and then there's like a.
Speaker 2: And then there's like a.
Speaker 1: Ah and then they run and run and the shaky cameras they run. Yeah yeah, and then like witch. You know, I gotta say, so that story I told about justin Smeasia, Yeah, that actually was on that Geo and geographic. Yeah, so if you get on YouTube you can look that up. And it's just so I don't know, you know, people jump on the bandwagon and we're telling the stories over and ever again, so I guess we're kind of doing the same thing. But they are fascinating, they're fun to look at. They passed the time, and with all the crap going on in the world right now, it's kind of nice. To have something to divert your focus on. Yeah, and forget about some of those things and think about things that are really.
Speaker 2: Important, like Bigfoot, Big feat Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Austin, you know, it's been fun. I think maybe we should just like close this out, put this whole chapter to bed. Maybe we'll resurrect it in the near future.
Speaker 2: I think we should do some touchoffs because there's a lot of stuff we weren't able to do what we wanted to do.
Speaker 1: So we've been doing this a little over a year, and I've got updates on our initial kickoff, which was cattle mulations. There's been a lot of weird stuff going on with cattle mutilations. We got more paranormal stuff that have happened that we could share. I mean, it's like we don't have enough time to do all the possibilities of all the strange things that are going on. But you know, we're just gonna keep plodding away. I hope you guys are having fun. Please, if you get the chance, go online, leave it a review. Like us on your favorite listening app, follow, follow us on Facebook. We've got a Facebook group that's really fun. People are posting stuff about strange things, that they encounter.
Speaker 2: You want to hear my most recent strange thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, please.
Speaker 2: I was going to a fast food restaurant that will remain nameless. Anonymous anonymous. Okay, so I was going through this fast food place. Yeah, and I'm looking at their sign and there's a sandwich on there. It looks really good. It's got stuff on it that I like, onions, jelapinos, you know, all the digs.
Speaker 1: You're making me hungry and wall this.
Speaker 2: Is about to turn you off from that hungry because there's like this sauce on there, and I'm like, oh, it looks cool and some kind of mustard special thing sauce and it says it was an arrow on it. Mystery sauce.
Speaker 1: Was like, Nope, not doing the mysteries. It's not a chance I've coughed up some mystery sauce.
Speaker 2: Everyonized.
Speaker 1: No, don't ask Bill Clinton about the mystery sauce. Sorry, I'm not good.
Speaker 2: I don't do it, Bill Clinton.
Speaker 1: How do you do it?
Speaker 2: Bill Clinton?
Speaker 1: I did not have checks with that.
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 1: Do you think we need to wrap this puppy up?
Speaker 2: Wrap these big feet.
Speaker 1: They wrapped these big feet up.
Speaker 2: In some sucky and join us next time for some cold drinks and some strange conversations.
Speaker 1: Absolutely