Speaker 1: It's Tuesday. You know what that means. It's time for Ignition with the A and W fanhob podcast team. We're gonna talk about Revolution and several other things that are going on in the A W. Is a universal galaxy. I think it's galaxy.
Speaker 2: Right, galaxy Strata, sphere.
Speaker 1: Stratus, spear. Thanks Shane, But anyway, this is Kelson, This is Shane D. Shane. What do you want to talk about first?
Speaker 2: I mean Revolution, Let's talk about the show, dude, Like you know, it's really frustrated. Like I'm gonna say this plane. I think Revolution was fantastic. There are a lot of people saying that this is a contender for pay per view of the Year for all of professional wrestling, and the big gripe is the headlining match, and we'll get there. We'll get there. But like I think, all in all, it was a fantastic event. I think they did a lot for exposition. I did a lot. I think they did a lot for storytelling, and I think that all of the matches were really, really, really good, especially the women's match. I mean the women's match currently, metrically, according to Cage Matches, one of the highest rated women's women's matches in the history of women's professional wrestling. It jumped all the way up the top five.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh hey, the women's matches I thought were really good. I thought Momo and Mercedes knocked it out at the park too. Uh not. I mean, I'm sure you watched the pay per view. You were in the live chat, so unless you were making shit up as we were going along, what did you What did you think.
Speaker 3: The women's matches? I really liked overall. I liked the whole pay per view. Yeah, I liked a lot of the storytelling. You know, I'm big on the storytelling, So I liked the business between Swerve and Prince Nana. Don Callus was really on point every time he was out there.
Speaker 1: And he was very callous, like yeah, very much.
Speaker 2: So what a bad night, family though, I mean like, oh oh yeah, I mean like everybody lost. They set up so many future stories and this path and Don Callus ate more crap than anybody else.
Speaker 1: You don't want to want to ask both of you guys, because Shane, you just said that they set up more future stories. But do you think that Revolution wrapped up some stories as well? And if so, which which ones do you think wrapped up. You don't think that the Mariah May and Tony Storm saga is wrapped up, at least for now.
Speaker 2: If you're asking me, no, I don't think it's over. I think that we just gave Mariah May a nuclear missile. My god, guys in the history of women's professional professional wrestling, like we were just given a treat. We were giving something so special. This is how I wanna sell ninety eight. We were like it was one of the This is one of the greatest women's professional wrestling matches in history. And I think this is gonna give Mariah May a reason to come back. I think they're gonna put a lid on it for a couple of weeks, and she's gonna pop back into the picture. I think Tony Storm's performance was top tier. I think, in my crappy, less than humble opinion, Tony Storm is right now with the goad of women's professional wrestling.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's any doubt about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't.
Speaker 1: Even think w I don't even think WWE fans would are argue that. I've seen plenty of WWE fans just complimenting Tony Storm on everything she's doing. Of course, the bad faith actors would say stuff like trash. You know, put no effort into that. They say, you know, but yeah, but you know what I'm saying. Yeah, So I'm going to put you and Net on the spot here. Other than let's let's not talk about Tony Storm and Mariah May specifically right now, let's talk about the overall scope of the of the pay per view. If you had to pick one thing other than Mariah Man Tony Storm that stood out for you, what was it.
Speaker 3: Let's see that's all you met.
Speaker 1: If you want, I'll say what I was gonna say. Okay, yeah, okay, Well here's the thing that stood out for me. This had this pay per view had like six matches that were for titles. Of course, only one title switched hands. We had one match it was a Number one contender match, and then we had one match that was I guess you would just call it a rivalry. That of course was MGF and hang Man Attam Paige. I think the thing that stood out for me was that aw proved a revolution that you can have a meaningful match with no title involved. I mean, Hangman and MGF put on a banger and frankly speaking, the Swerve, Strickland and Ricochet match, even though the number one contendership was up for grabs on that I didn't feel like that was the centerpiece of the I thought that the actual story that they had built, as far as their you know, hatred, I guess for each other, the rivalry that they established took precedence over even the number one contendership. I literally watched this match to see who's going to beat the crap out of each other more, not wondering who is going to come out as the number one contender for theaw World title. So that's my thought. I just thought that the two matches that really didn't have a title on the on the line were terrific and it proved that you don't have to have a title defense for a match to be meaningful.
Speaker 2: Kelson say a lot of for people in the back, because people, I mean people in the IWC are being critical of the fact that some of these matches looked predetermined, and unfortunately I have to be the guy to say that, you know that there there's want to be controversy with this pay per view because of the Queen of the Ring ring stuff that happened at the end of the pay per view with a person that's not even involved with professional wrestling that was handed a microphone. I sure Swerve, Strickland and Ricochet was a banger. Absolutely, absolutely, absolutely Flech and Fletcher and Osprey absolute banger.
Speaker 1: Every that's right. That wasn't for a title either. That just seemed like it was for a title. That seemed like everything was on the line. I mean, how could I forget Fletcher and Osprey? I apologize, you're geez.
Speaker 2: I did nothing to apologize, brother, nothing to apologize for. This pay per view was built around building stories and and moving stories forward. And even if you don't like the story that's being told, they took some necessary liberties in storytelling to move the book. I don't I like i'd like in making statement. I don't know if I should say, hey, man, like I with a with the headlining match with with Mox versus Cody, I believe there's a the greater community believes that Mox versus Cope sucked. The match itself was fantastic. Adam Copman went out there and murdered it, and the Christian came out there and did his thing. It was a thing. But they did one of the smartest things they could have done. They squashed a stupid story, and unfortunately they did it in a stupid way, but they did it in a smart way to move the story forward, like, well, now we have nothing but like a complete clean slate. It's a clean slate for so many stories right now that I think are gonna be really awesome.
Speaker 1: And I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum and I and I'm going to say this for two reasons. First of all, this story with John Moxley and the Death Writers began in September of twenty twenty four, all out. That's where Max he put the plastic bag over Brian Danielson's head, didn't try to murder him. And if you remember, for what two or three weeks after that incident, it was like a running joke, who's going to get you know, assaulted this week on AW I mean, who's what attempted murderer is going to happen? And then that kind of quieted down and the whole Death Writers thing became I don't have to tell you, it became repetitive, It stagnated, it became uninteresting, people lost interest in it. And I can say that with confidence because I read the comments on the aw fan Hub Subred and on the aw fan Hub Blue Sky and on the Wrestling Hub Discord. You know, some people stayed invested in it, giving it their best shot. Even those people, some of them turned. That's one of the problems that I had with this match is that it was not It didn't do anything to further the story if it made it more convoluted to me and much more uninteresting. You yeah, Shane, what you said is true. It went to a clean slate. We now have a clean slate. They should have done the clean slate in September because this slate should have never been filled because it was stupid and it's just like insulting of your intelligence. You know how bad this story has been for months now. The second thing I will say about this match, now you alluded, Shane, I believe it was you'd had said that this match, well, that the Osprey and Fletcher match should have been the main event. You had matches that were verifiably bangers, very athletic. There were a couple of matches that maybe were not as much so, but they were still fun. And the two matches that I'll point out are the Hurt Syndicate and the Outrunners. It was a fun match, but there was no doubt who was going to win that match, and frankly, in the chats that we had, the match went on a little bit too long. It should have been a squash. It really should have. The other match was Okata versus brody King. Brody King did a fantastic job there, and it was a physical match. It was a fun match, and there were a lot of as Simon Miller would say, one two oohs. But look, we all knew brody King wasn't gonna win that match. You know, I don't think anybody picked the brody King to win this, even though some people said that he should should have. It would have been a good thing. And I agree it would have been a good thing. It wouldn't necessarily been a bad thing if Okata had lost. But the problem that I had with the main event is that, compared to the other matches, for me, Moxley and Hopeland looked like they were being filmed in slow motion, and only the accompanying commentary proved that it wasn't. It was a slow match. It was a plotting match. It just didn't fit with the rest of revolution. I've heard people say that it should have been the first match, but the first match was MGF and Hangman, and I called it. If you remember last week, I did say MJF and Hangman, We're gonna be the first match. But I'm gonna let you guys talk now. But I do want to make one other point, and this may be controversial, but I truly believe this. Of the eight a W championship titles or belts, yeah, well, titles because the trios have more than one belt and so does the tag. But of the eight AW championship titles, I honestly believe at this point that the most insignificant of all the titles is the AW World Championship by far, not even close, and it should be the top priority championship. And it's not how do you feel about how do you guys feel about the championship? But how did you feel about this match and everything else that went along with it? Because to me, whatever happened at the end of this match, it's just not even worth wasting my breath talking about Matt.
Speaker 2: You want to go first, I guess I'll go first. Okay, do you want to go first.
Speaker 3: No, it's okay, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I think it's important to acknowledge that we as professional wrestling fans, have spent most of our time as professional wrestling fans watching the same product. I gotta be that person, the WWE person, you know, like a lot of fans don't have that distinction between how we were led to believe these stories are supposed to be told because they've been told the same way for so long, and how things are happening when things are happening differently. Now I understand the criticism. I understand the criticism with the headlining match, I really do. And I understand not pulling this belt off of John Moxley as well. I understand not putting this belt on Cope or Christian, But I also understand that it needed to be used as a device to end the money in the bank clone that that that has been stagnating in the story for so long, and now we have again a clean slate for what's happening with the aw World Championship. We had a couple belts in this in this pay per view that traded hands. That had to happen, and you can't say, hey, man, like I don't be so entitled to believe as a professional wrestling fan that things are supposed to happen because they've happened the same way before in other places, other promotions or with other championships. Like like, it is what it is, and if you saw it come and cool man, like, it is what it is. At the end of the day, I think it was more important to drop the money in the bank thing with Christian. I think it was more important to give some relevance to John Moxley as a competent champion and he is and he's gonna hold this belt and he's gonna be a rock star and he's fantastic and he should hold it because who's gonna get him right now.
Speaker 1: That's the point that we'll talk about after we hear Nett's point of view on this.
Speaker 3: Well, for me, I'm a little tired of all of the belts, and I'm definitely tired of the death Riders. They had something really good going on, like you were saying, Kelson back in September, that whole thing with Danielson thrilled me to no end, and they lost the momentum for that, and ever since they lost that, they've lost me, and I'm sure they've lost a lot of other people. I'm starting to I don't know if it's from doing the podcast or from having been a wrestling fan for so very long, but I for when I'm starting to see the predictability in things and being able to have a pretty good idea of where aw is going with things, and I don't like that so much. I like being surprised and things going the opposite way that I thought that they were. So I'm starting to feel like it's getting a little bit stale. The matches are great, a lot of the storytelling is great, but I'm beginning to be able to follow what's going on and I wish there was a little bit less of that. So they need to find a way to turn that around for those of us that kind of maybe have figured things out so right, Yeah, that's yeah, That's kind of where Revolution left me. Is like I could see a lot of puzzle pieces falling into place.
Speaker 1: I wanted to go debt, if you wouldn't mind. I wanted to go to our our audience really in the chat, because they had a few things to say here. Jets Fan says that Ricochet is going to cause Swerve to lose. I assume he meant to Moxley when he does get his World Championship title match. Steve had a couple of comments saying that Jay White is in line to be a contender I assume again for the aw World Championship. But he did go on to say that Eddie Kingston is going to defeat him. And then there's Benji who just simply said, Swerves house, you know, and I think you can't say whose house without responding with we could do this for another hour.
Speaker 3: I think Swerve is going to come out on top again. And oh that's something about he and Ricochet that I forget. I love that they did that entire match and no one got stabbed with scissors. I love that they did that.
Speaker 1: That that's a really really interesting point that I didn't even think of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I thought they were going to bring out the scissors and they didn't, and that that.
Speaker 1: Guy wanted they wanted to make the screwdriver more special. In all honesty, you know, let's let's talk amongst ourselves here, and who do you think is going to be the one to unseat John Moxley? And maybe more importantly, when.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean if you want that not. You made a very poignant uh statement, like it's clear that Tony Kahan is falling into this trope of mimicking former professional wrestling stories. I'm gonna say it. I'm going to be very very very clear in saying it. This. This isn't anything that we haven't seen before. I think that Tony considers All In to be his WrestleMania and that if and when John Moxley drops, that's gonna happen at this pay per view. If I were to take a wild guest right now, I put the belt on Swerve.
Speaker 1: Why not.
Speaker 2: Swerve is convincing, Swerve is technical, Swerve is calculated, Swerve is over, you know, and I think the only person in the conversation to you know, really contest that would be Hangman at a page. But that's why they put him at the beginning of the pay per view, you know, like like Hangman is now the guy again and they're gonna build him up. So you got the final Boss versus the Boss. Ricochet looked cool as hell in that match. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he has a greater lasting uh standing and going for a world championship now I think he's going to be a continental and intercontinental. He's going to be a mid card champion. That's what Ricochet is. And I hate to.
Speaker 1: Say, what about what about the TNT.
Speaker 2: Title with Daniel Garcia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're Ricochet beating Garcia for the talk for the dn T title.
Speaker 2: Yo, dude, that's you know, cool man, cool idea. That's all I could say.
Speaker 1: Out there.
Speaker 2: If Garcia isn't defending it on every single regular show, why is that even a conversation? I mean, like, yeah, I mean it's the same thing as the trios Yeah, yeah, it's the same thing as the trios titles. Like like, if it's not being defended, if they're not making them look important, they're not important. And something you said at the beginning of this conversation, Kelson, which I were that and agree with completely, is that you know, the World Championship is not the most important type, same thing with the Women's World champion With the Women's World Championship is now the most important women's world championship in the history professional wrestling in AW The TNT Championship also is fantastic now and something that could be defended in other promotions, But the Men's World Championship in AAW looks like a consolation prize that might belong to Wheeler you to someday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well look let's get the nets. Thoughts.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, I'm having trouble with my mute. I don't think that the Men's AW Championship is all that that funny business with carrying it around in the briefcase. I don't know. I like to see the belts. I like them to hold the belts up and bow that they have them, and have that arrogance about them, and you know, defending the belt anywhere anytime anyone here. I am. I've got the belt. I don't feel like that about the Men's Championship, that they need to turn that around somehow. I don't see Ricochet doing it. I can see Swerve doing it, and I can see Hangman helping him do it. That's what I think is going to happen, because Hangman is starting to have that kindness to him and I can see him wanting to uplift Swerve and help him out a little bit, have Swerve be where he was once upon a time. And they need to change it quick. And I'm really tired of the trios beelts. That's something that I feel like they can do away with, so.
Speaker 1: Especially since the holders at the Trio's belt are fa out with injury.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, they can do away with.
Speaker 1: The perfect, perfect opportunity to just say, you know what, let's just give it ato Trio's belt.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to go to something that Benji said, Well, actually Benji's brother in chat said, Uh. He says that Swerve is going to win the AW World title at Dynasty and then lose it to Hangman at him page at all in it wishes that they melted the Trios Championship down. Look, got I gotta say, I gotta say really three things real quick. Number one, Net, I agree with you one hundred percent that the AW World Championship needs to be seen. The whole thing with mocks being the physical embodiment of the World Championship is literally the dumbest ship I've ever heard in my life, because it is dumb. Uh. The second thing I'll say about that is human beings things are extremely visual in what they like and don't like. For example, men don't go out men and women don't go out and buy the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue to read the articles.
Speaker 3: That has articles.
Speaker 1: Allegedly allegedly. I mean there's pages that don't have don't have, you know, bikinis on them and swimsuits on them, so I've assume that they're either advertisements or articles.
Speaker 2: US don't do that because I'm gonna have to and be crazy.
Speaker 1: The last, the last thing that I get to say about this is that Swerve is now the number one contender on this week's Dynamite. The show should open with Swerve coming out, calling out John Moxley, squashing him in thirty minutes, opening the briefcase, putting the belt around his waist and get on with business. People are saying. Benjie said that his brother said that Swerve should win it at Dynasty and that some people are saying Eddie Kingston at all in or whatever. That's way too long. I'm sorry this needs to end now because I am adamant about this. I don't have the numbers, but I know as Look, I am as big an AW fan as there is, okay uh, and I have no interest in the AW World Championship right now. I have no interest in John Moxley, I have no interest in the death Writers. And this is somebody that was like over the moon with the Blackpool Combat Club, the biggest fan at the Blackpool Combat Club there was. But this whole shift it same guys, but different story. This needs to end now I know the.
Speaker 2: Period, the same guys, different story. Let's divert to the trioers titles because in the past, when people have been injured, they have lifted belts off of them and transition them to other talents in the locker room and call them intrim championships. So if we have someone that's going to be out for an extended period of time, Tony, what are you doing, bro, pull the trigger to drop the title off of them. Put a tournament on and let's get some trios going. In terms of John Moxley to earn the championship, mox did the thing. Mox is the winner. Max is gonna get He's the guy. Whether you like it or not, Like that's the that's the thing that's going on right now. You could hate it, and you should hate it. You should hate it because that's what they want you to do. And that's professional wrestling. How many times had go ahead?
Speaker 1: I disagree with you, Shane, Yeah, they want you to hate it. They don't want it, to hate it to the point where you're not watching it. And I have seen so many people, including myself, how many times have I said it was that has said I. I literally said this about the main event before it was announced for Revolution. I hope that John Moxley against whomever he's fighting is the main event at Revolution because I want to go to bed early. I truly believe that this storyline is losing viewers, it's losing interest in aw because they devote so much time to it and it's not working. Why would you watch any TV show that isn't working. And it's to me, it's disrespectful to people like Swerve and Ricochet and Tony Storm and Mariah May who are putting their hearts and soul into everything that they're doing. And then you have John Moxley and the death writers come out and everybody that's been involved with it just passionless bullshit. I'm sorry, that's the way I feel about it.
Speaker 2: Don't apologize. Man, You're not the only person that feels the way. They'll like like the it invoked a feeling out of you. That was what it was intended to do. But you know what, that's the cool thing about professional or wrestling that these situations are designed, are designed to force fandoms to disagree. I I if I disagree with like, I'll be the one person. Holy crap, am I gone? No? Oh my god, the computers doing a weird thing like yeah, I'm still here. Like, though I disagree with you, I don't think that's the case. And I think that the head I think that match needed to happen. I think they needed to rip that money in the bank thing away from Christian and put it on a different trajectory. And I think that the death Riders needed to be relevant, just so it gives context towards what the next step is. If we're building factions, we could have the Bull Club again with J White. J White was a factor in this match, and and and Cope could be a fact u U Cope having a faction of his own, but that tr could be a factor as well. That could you could build other stories out of these ideas. They created a landscape for new ideas, and I think it's important.
Speaker 1: Agree with you. I agree, I absolutely agree with you. I absolutely acknowledge it. But in my mind, the reason and they had to get that money in the bank contract off of Christian because it's you know, it seems like it's it seems like he's had it since all in uh, the first one in London. You know, I don't know what he's had it for months, but yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be I'm gonna be honest with you as well. I wanted when he catched it in. I wanted him to win it because I like I and everyone would hate the idea of Christian holding the world championship. But that's cool as hell. You're getting something that's not happening anywhere else wrestling. Let him come out of the woodwork and take it off a mox with Cope in the background, and give the rest of the locker room an opportunity to rise up and do something crazy. I think the only mistake they made in this uh, in this final match was not putting this belt on Christian, doing the TNA thing, doing the Bangkok thing. What's the capital? What's the capital Thailand? It's Bangcock. They should have done the same thing.
Speaker 1: They should I thought it was t. I thought it was t.
Speaker 2: You watch more women's wrestling than once, it might be.
Speaker 1: You know, I know, I know all the capitals of all the states and all the countries.
Speaker 2: So, oh, you know better than we do right now, I I Kelson. Let me ask you, dude, if you were to rate like a They rated this as a five and a half star pay per view. The I disagree. Listen, I'm gonna say something controversial. Ciskel and Ebert controlled the rating system for movies for thirty six years. They were the standard for rating movies and what people looked to in newspapers before they went to see movies. I don't I didn't agree with it then, but it existed for a reason. Meltzer has been around forever. He's been reviewing professional wrestling shows since the eighties. I think he has a right to say what is good and what is not. You he does, Yeah, well everyone who's a fan does. That's it's fair. But this is a guy like it. Look do you know about Meltzer's resume? Look at look it up, dude. The dude's of political sciences major. That's the thing. The dude is not an idiot. He's not an idiot. Like he knows professional wrestling. He called Revolution of five star pay per view. I think it was a pot.
Speaker 1: Well, let's put it this way, wrestling is at its best what it doesn't cater to, uh, rocket scientists. I don't want to say that it caters to idiots, but it caters to the everyman. It's an escape, it's escapism. You know, you shouldn't have to think if you don't want to. There should be enough in there that just happens that you can enjoy and the story tells itself. It doesn't have to be rocket science. And look, I respect Dave Meltzer's ratings simply because he's a fan like me and like you and like net. You know, he gives his ratings. Sometimes I agree with him, sometimes I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, honestly, I hard to refute that statement. Kelson. I respect your opinion because you are the one of the more educated people on our server on professional wrestling history. You've been around for a long time. Brother, But like I am intelligant, I'm just saying, trying to flew job, just saying I'm bro I'm saying what it is, dude, Like you were around for the w CW days.
Speaker 1: This brought for to Georgia Championship for Wrestling Days that which that became essentially w cw S.
Speaker 2: Well, this pay per view was Bash at the Beach ninety eight adjacent They this it was some of the coolest matches that in professional wrestling that have happened in the past three to six months happened on this pay per view. My god, we're talking, We're killing We're talking this uh this mox match to death. And I understand the controversy, but let's talk about the the best match on the whole entire card, the women's match in the Ospray match. The women's match was, my guy, it was cinematic, it was it was amazing. It's brilliant.
Speaker 1: You want you want to hear something controversial.
Speaker 2: Shane, dude, please do something right now.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say something crazy, right, I agree with you. The Mariah May and Tony Storm match with cinema, it was superb. It was fantastic. Absolutely, I am not saying that it wasn't. I want to make that clear. The Mercedes Monet and Momo Watana Bee match was better. That's my idea. I love I love the striking in that match. Well, let's face it, it was Momo doing the striking. She beat the living hell out of Mercedes Monet. She destroyed her. And I'm saying this. Understand that what I'm saying this is that that's the kind of match I like. I like the toe to toe beating the crap out of each other match without doing those stupid chops. I hate the chops, you know, you know, I mean, chops are cool when you do two or three. When you do one hundred and fifty six in a match, it's a little much. Uh you know, I mean, you know, if you want, if you ever having trouble sleep in a night, count uh count tomohiro Ishi chops. But whether he's given him or taking him, he doesn't matter. Whatever God forbid, you put Eddie Kinks to the Tomo hero Ishi in a ring together. Oh my god, it's the chop chop, chop, chop, chop up. It's like boom.
Speaker 2: All right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is, I'm saying what I'm saying not to be little in any way, shape or form. The Tony Stormer Marian May match, which was fantastic, But I'm saying that I actually enjoyed the Mercedes Monet and mamo Ataaba match a little bit more because that's the kind of match I like. To see.
Speaker 2: You know what, Kelson, You and I I've had the privilege of being to talk to you for almost it's a bit. But listen, don't go getting all sets and mets on me. Brother. It's almost been two years that I've had the PA. Don't go getting all sets and mets A on me, Bob. But it's almost two years that I've been on this or in and out on this server, and UH, we've had our agreements and our disagreements. But I'm gonna tell you right now that I I believe the if if Momo and UH and Mercedes happened on a Stardom pay per view, it would be just as big as Tony Storm and Mariah May on the aw pay per view, I think. And I'm gonna the shade shades put it up. I'm gonna shades. What's up, dude? By the way, how are you? And I hope you're doing well. I'm gonna put you on right now, shades through the metric onto the server earlier today, the Mercedes, not the Mercedes, but the Tony Storm and Maria May match is now metrically the fifth highest rated women's professional wrestling match in the history of women's professional wrestling, and the Momo and Mercedes match doesn't even touch it. I I think that I think that's it's I think it's the difference between an idea and a revolution. I think that Tony Storm Might is a contender for the greatest women's professional wrestler in the history history professional wrestling.
Speaker 1: And the absolutely agree with you. I absolutely agree.
Speaker 3: With you, Bro.
Speaker 2: The match they put on, well, what dude, the seeing mo I get why seeing Momo in that match for you as a stardom fed you. You should have a completely different podcast for women's professional wrestling, Bro, because you were putting them on hard as hell, and I wish it would get a million viewers and you would blow up and it would be monetized because you were so passionate about it. I agree with everything that you're saying about how important it was for Mercedes and moment I had that match, and how good that match was. It was a gray match, But dude, you're not gonna sit here and tell me that that f and Tony Storm and Mariah May wasn't better than that. Dude, it was.
Speaker 1: It was. I did not say that. I did not say that it was. And if I did. I didn't mean it that way. I do not did not say that or mean to say that the Momo and Mercedes match was better than the Mariah And it was what I'm saying as as far if you take the one match the matches themselves, throw the stories out the window. I just enjoyed the Mercedes and Momo match just a little bit better. Not it wasn't like, oh, the Momo Mercedes match was so good and the Tony Storm and Mariah Maymax sucked. No. I never said that. I'm just saying that if I had to go back and watch a match again, I would definitely watch the Mercedes and Momo match because that's the kind of match that I enjoy.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you, would you have preferred if Momo won?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm gonna say this, Yes, I am a stardom fan. I don't really get Momo Watanabe. I really don't. Yeah, and no, I.
Speaker 2: Think that she was a mid card and she's a mid card. Well.
Speaker 1: The thing with Momo Momo kind of how do I put this? She kind of isn't like she's kind of like Sasha Banks was in WWE. Sasha Banks was a singles force but toward the end of her run with WWE, go look at it. Look go look at her matches. You know, her last year of matches at WWE, she was doing nothing but tag team matches pretty much. That was all she did. I don't think she had a singles match. If she did have a singles match in her last year, it was maybe one or two. And that's kind of way MoMA was. MoMA was a singles force when she came in to stardom, but then she kind of just became a tag team or trios wrestler and she had I believe in all of I did look it up, and I may be wrong here, but I believe she had one singles match in like twenty twenty four and that was a loss to Mayui Watani and that was it. She's not a singles wrestler, so taking that into consideration, she used to a singles wrestler, but taking the consideration that she's not a singles wrestler, really, Eddie Moore, that made this match even more impressive to me. But I will say this, Shane, to answer your question, I am not a Momo well taught to be fan. I don't think she's bad don't get me wrong. I just think that excuse me, I got take ups. I just think that there's so many women in stardom who were so much better than Momento.
Speaker 2: I agree. I couldn't agree with that statement more so, I'm gonna show I'm gonna do my Shane thing really quick. So, like you know, we know that Sasha Banks premiered in WW like she earlier in her career. In two thousand and eight, she was with Kadok for Wrestling and which Masters it was a Massachusetts based wrestling promotion, and then she entered WW in twenty twelve and NXT. She was a singles wrestler until twenty eighteen, and she and in twenty fifteen she was was with Team Bad and she wrestled a little bit. But like you're you're not wrong in the aspect of she spent the better part of her career, the more established part of her career, the more successful part of her career. She was a tag team wrestler. That's the thing, rob with Naomi. With Naomi, yeah for sure, But like the majority of her career was spent with her being a singles wrestler. I mean with MoMA, but it's the same thing for Momo. You made you I think you accidentally made that comparison between the two of them because their careers kind of mirror each other, because Momo kind of did the same thing at stardom. She started as a singles got into a faction, and then you know, ended up landing in other promotions as a singles performer. I honestly, now making the statement about the history, I would say that like moving on, Like, uh, if you wanted to do something monumental with Mercedes Monai's titles, you would have taken the TNT title off of her at this uh pay per view. If we're having serious crop, we have rustled Dynasty coming up and forbidden Door, you know, within the next six months, Dude, let her, let Mercedes lose. I get that you're Tony Tony. I get you paid for it. I get you paid for her to be here. I get that she's a name. I get that she was huge. You know the Riot squad, dude, the Riot Squad like it was a it was Ruby Soho, Siah Logan, Live, Morgan and Mercedes Mona. I get how big that was for you. But like now it's time to kind of shake up the industry a little bit. I would have put that belt on Momo. I wouldn't have thought twice about it. I would not like it. Yeah, like that. That would have been the thing to do, because now we now we have a title for AW that's being defended in other promotions, and that's what we've been looking for in the inter Continental tru Tuttle that now we're begging. We have two intercontinental titles for the men in AW that we want to be defended in other promotions. That's not happening, but we've defended the women in New Japan. That was an opportunity and the ball was dropped. I think stardom. Stardom should have been put over here.
Speaker 1: You know one thing I wanted to say, Shane, Shane, I wanted to address something you said, and then we'll go to net and get her. You know, you said something about Mercedes me it's time for Mercedes Monet to lose. And I can't agree with you more, not because of any dislike for Mercedes Monett, but because it's good for the story. And I will give you this example, the Mariah May and Tony Storm match and matches their trilogy of matches was made Well, no, there's not a true was it three matches or four three three? Okay? Yeah, so it is a trilogy. There are trilogy of matches. Was made better because Mariah May won. Yeah, because because if Tony Storman won all three then there really wouldn't have been a point than having the other two matches. You know, well, there would have been a point, but it would have made it special. There would have been anything on the line. And that's the thing with Mercedes Monet. If she loses the TBS Championship, she could then go after the Women's World Championship. She could go after the TBS Championship again, and it'll be something that will put you on your edge of your seat when that happens. Losing the championship, losing the TBS title for Mercedes Monet is not a bad thing, and it's not a slight against Mercedes at all. She's still Mercedes Monet, one of the greatest professional wrestlers that you know, women wrestlers, arguably professional wrestlers you know of all time, So least in her mind.
Speaker 2: I think aw figured Wing out. I'm going to say it. I think they figured it out. I think Tony figured it out in the past three months, and I think that I, I official, well, we were so critical of what was happening in AW with the women's wrestlers in the women women's locker room, and I think we're finally I'm I think that we're finally in a place to say that some of the best things that are happening in women's professional wrestling are happening in AW right now, and Tony figured out how to put them over and I think removing some people from the picture was what made it great. And I think that the direction that they're headed in is going to be epic and I and I'm I'm I'm going to say something real weird. I'm not a politics politics guy. I don't think that. I think in a in a perfect where that a women's world title and a men's world title exists in the same space, make it great, make it great for both people, make it great for both sexes. I think Tony has an opportunity to show the world that the women are doing just as good. And I think that putting these two women together on this pay per view proved that completely. The dude, this women match literally like literally now metrically is considered to be the fifth greatest women's professional wrestling, the best women's wrestling match in North America, and the fifth greatest women's professional wrestling match metrically on Earth. But I would very strongly say that this is one of the greatest women's wrestling matches of all time. And I know that Momo and Mercedes deserve their spot on the their spotlight in the sun, dude, and I think it's going to come. But I think they need to develop this middle title first, get it off of Mercedes, put Mercedes in the world title spectrum, and let someone else from another company hold an a w title. And that's it's That's what's gonna make it look irrelevant. And until that happens, why have middle those middling titles?
Speaker 1: Before we go to net that. I apologize that for just keeping I want to stay.
Speaker 2: I went crazy. I apologize, but.
Speaker 1: I want I wanted to make a point here. As Shane said, I am a Startom fan. One of the greatest things about Stardom for me is that they have a way of storytelling. And what I mean by that is I don't speak Japanese at all. I know Sayonara and hi from watching you know Karate Kid and stuff like that. But but I guess my point is is that I want stardom, and I understand everything that's going on in their shows. I understand their promotions because they're expressive their body language. You understand what's happening. And when the Mercedes and Mama match was happening, that was a start of match. That was a pure stardom match from beginning in the striking, the brutality of it was started from an end. But when you think about it, so was the Tony Storm and Mariah May match. That was stardom theater right there. I mean, I think if you like Tony Storm and you like Mariah May and the matches that they've put on and the story that they've put on, and you've never watched stardom before, go on to start them YouTube channel and do yourself a favor and watch a few of their fewer their highlights, and I think you'll be impressed. Net I really wanted to want to see you ground us and keep me and Shane quiet. They're calling for you in the chat saying we want to hear a nuts take. I mean, sleep, dazzle us with your eloquence.
Speaker 3: Oh, my eloquence. I loved the Mercedes Momo match. I absolutely did. I feel like Momo should have won that match as well. I think we need to take some of these aw titles, and like you all were saying, let them go around in the different promotions and be defended. Not everybody has to come to a w to challenge for titles. We can go other places and do other things. I think Mercedes is a fantastic wrestler. She aggravates me on a personal level, but she's good in the ring. And I would like to see more women's matches, more defense of the women's belts in like I said, in other places, and Tony Kahan is on the diverge of doing it, and if he plays it right and does it right, we can have fantastic women's wrestling and I would love to see it for one. So I hope that we get more out of this, and Mercedes has a lot of belts to defend, so the possibility is there. I just want to see it. So that's my eloquent take.
Speaker 1: Well, Bet, I'm going to ask you a point blank question. Now that Tony Storm has defeated Mariah May and had her Hollywood ending who do you think is or who do you think are the top contenders that you would like to maybe like see face Tony Storm at Dynasty which is coming up really soon, and even all in what do you see in Tony Storm's future leaving Mariah May out of it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, m I'm not sure. I personally really like Chris Stantlander, so I would like to see more of her, And I don't know with Tony's Storm, I don't I really don't know.
Speaker 1: What about you, Shane, do you have any ideas? Nope?
Speaker 2: I honestly think that the women's professional wrestling landscape and ae W was recent set by this and whatever happens happens, and I'm gonna ride with it because they figured out what works and it and it looks fantastic right now. Yeah, you can't put you can't put on you can't put on the great I I have a bull Nanako China like like like I like, I can't, I can't say more dude, like like Alexa Bliss. We've had the privilege of seeing some fantastic women's wrestlers in women's wrestling, but they but they put that in a category like it's a niche thing. Tony Kahan took it and said, hey, this is a human thing. It's a real thing. Let's rock with it. This is one of the best women's women's matches in the history of professional wrestling. I don't care what direction it goes in. It's gonna be great whoever they put up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, here here's my thoughts. And I think I've expressed this before. I believe it was in twenty twenty two when the AW Women's World Championship was vacated due to injury by thunder Rosa, and afterward Tony Storm became the interim Women's Championship champion by winning a I believe it was a four way, maybe it was a three way, but you want a multi women match to become the interim world champion, which eventually was changed to full World champion because thunder Rosa was injured and could not come back. And again, you know, it's weird because thunder Rosa and Tony Storm were tag team partners. They were Thunderstorm together. Now taking into consideration that thunder Rosa never lost that championship and has never faced Tony Storm for that champion and all In is in Houston, Texas, which just seems to me. As far as all End goes, they've got to do Tony stormanth On the Rosa. That that's my prediction. So I mean, but look, I mean, I as far as Mariah May goes, I think she's just gonna take a little bit of time off. She deserves it. She's been a workhorse for this. This story has been going on for sixteen months. Sixteen months, nearly a year and a half. That's how good it's been. It was wonderfully paced and everything. I mean, you could ask for more from this story in my opinion, and I'm sure other some people may disagree with me, but I don't think anybody on this panel will. He will at all. But I kind of see, you know, I think it was I can't remember who it was posted it in Chad. I'm scrolling to see, Uh it was it was Jets fan who said I wish that they would melt the Trio's belts down and pretend they never existed. Yeah. I agree, and they should immediately melt them down and create the AW Women's Tag Team Championship titles. And there are so many tag teams that if you've been paying attention to AW they have been building these tag teams over the last several weeks. Maria May now is free to go get her tag team partner. And who's her tag team partner? Mina Shirakala Rose Gold do it. That's what the That's what I think's next for Maria May do. I think that Maria May and Mina Srikala will win the championship. Probably not because Mina Shirkala is under contract for another closed period of time with Stardom. But it's good story. It's there, It's right there in front of your face, you know, so let's do it. Other than we've talked for a just an amazing amount of time about the women, and I'm not complaining about it. I love women's wrestling, and I really do, and they deserve to be talked about. And I hope Tony con realizes that. But I want to talk about Let's go to will Osprey and Kyle Fletcher, not.
Speaker 2: Tedny and Takesha.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about Kenny and Takesta.
Speaker 1: You want to talk about Teddy, Let's talk about Kyle and that I got to be honest with They had me when they settle low. What I mean by that is when they came out for their entrances. Kyle Fletcher came out first, climbed up to one corner of the steel cage, and then and then uh will Osfrey came out to a different version of his music. He climbed to the other edge of the steel cage. When they actually hit his original music and the fans started chanting Osprey. I thought it was subtle, subtle, but brilliant.
Speaker 4: That as Osprey was waving to the crowd to encourage them, the Osprey Osprey, at the very same time Kyle Fletcher was over there plugging his ears.
Speaker 1: I just thought it was brilliant. I just thought it was I thought that was brilliant. I was laughing my ass off at Look, wrestling doesn't need to As I said earlier, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to joy wrestling. That was one of the simplest and maybe even the dumbest thing that could have possibly happened. I loved every second of that. And then you had the match, and then you had the match.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: You know, the only thing I could say bad about the Tony Storm and Mariah May match and will Osprey and Kyle Fletcher match is that you can't post any pictures of them on Reddit because they'll just take them down because it was too much blood.
Speaker 2: Oh oh god, those God, it was a it was almost a smut film like, especially for the women. And I don't I don't know if they blade it or what happened in that situation. It just but god, it was. It was violent, but I think it was violence negating violence. It was a necessity in terms of Ospirey and Fletcher. That's got a five point seven rating on Cage Match. Ospirey has I listen, hate me for saying it, Hate me for hate for hate me for quoting uh Dave Meltzer, hate me for using this as a rest reference. I don't give a shit. I'm gonna say it plain as day. If you're gonna look at me and tell me that the Osprey and Fletcher match wasn't one of the greatest cage match Dude. That Spanish fly is comparable to the Mankind Undertaker Helena cel ninety eight Mankind getting thrown off into the into the Spanish announced desk. It is comparable to that moment that Spanish fly they hit looked like someone might have died when they landed. On that fucking match. Oh excuse me, I'll stop hold then, Okay.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Them hitting that spot was compared terrible to the nineteen ninety eight Hell in a Cell where where man thrown off the steel cage. It was it was comparable, dude. There's there's no getting around that, dude. It was one of the hardest spots hitting pro wrestling history. This was a landmark match. I don't care what your preferred flavored professional wrestling is. This was one of the greatest steel cage matches in the history still cage matches.
Speaker 1: Did you watch ups and downs either of you for the show from a Revolution from Simon Miller?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I watch everything selling as Simon Miller does. I love him?
Speaker 1: No? I love Mike, but yeah no. But he mentioned specifically that Spanish fly and he mentioned that he wrestled over the weekend I guess or within the last week and he had a Spanish fly hit on him and he is scared to hell. I think he bit his tongue and he said it his Spanish fly was done off the top rope. And he said, do you realize how tall a w steel cages are? And he said when he saw that move. I can't remember what he said, but it was comparable to I thought these two men were going to die. I do not think it was comparable to the Hell in the Cell spot, Shane, that was.
Speaker 2: Brother. We both saw it in real time. I am old enough to say that I saw it in real time. I know you saw it in real time. How is it not comparable? No one expected it. What happened. And you're talking about the difference between someone falling.
Speaker 5: Off of off of a cage situation, situation or a cell situation and then hitting a Spanish fly Dude, this Yeah, this was one of you.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with you that, but it just didn't have the wow for me. Uh, not as much it was. No, it was a wow moment.
Speaker 2: There were no tags for the Hell in the Cell they like listen, I have recent Dark Side of the Ring and I just uh showed some promos from the next first season six what's up? Watch it? But like when they hit that spot for Helen a cell with Mankind and the Undertaker like that, what Like, it's a different type of dangerous. It's a different type of dangerous because they were protected, more protected with the Hell in a Cell spot than they were with will Ospry.
Speaker 1: Hellen the cell came first. That was that was specially.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to phrase it to where I don't take away from what Kyle Fletcher will Osprey did because it was spectacular, it was wonderful, it was wow.
Speaker 1: But for me, you're not. I just don't think it is.
Speaker 2: You don't think it's comparable at the very least comparable.
Speaker 1: I would go so much to say that if the ladders were two feet higher. The spot that it's comparable to for me, more comparable to to me is Semi Kovar Stunner from Ladder to Ladder on Cody Roads for the TNT Championship Man the tt Championship match.
Speaker 2: I saw that live in Cleveland, Bro, that happened, happened to.
Speaker 1: My home to me, Okay, understand this, understand this. I just want to say something real quick to me. That Stunner prompt that Spanish fly. Do you say that right now?
Speaker 2: Do you think that edge Adam Copeland hitting uh Jeff Hardy on that ladder match was harder than that?
Speaker 1: I didn't see it, Bro.
Speaker 2: That's wrestling history, Okay, I mean I listen, I get it. I get your perspective, BRO, but I think that Spanish fly might would have been that's probably I get the Sammy Guvara Cody Roads thing went hard. I have the privilege of being able to see that live in my hometown of Cleveland, Ohio. But like, I really believe that that that went way harder than that.
Speaker 1: Well, I would said I'm a little bit biased because of all the spots ever done in aw that's a bigavar. Cody Roads thing is my favorite spot and I'll always have a spot for it. I do want to ask Benji, if he's still here, and I think he is in our in our chat, if he would respond to this, and I'll once he responds, I'll let you know. There was a he was in the crowd at Revolution and when Will Osprey was bleeding the on TV at the pay per view they showed I thought this was a pretty poignant moment. Is they showed him with blood streaming down his face and you could hear the collective gasp of the crowd, And I wanted to ask Beggie, wasn't as loud as it sounded on TV that gasp? But anyway, Matt, what are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 3: I love that match. I did they were doing some phenomenal things. I like the fact that Fletcher wore those knee pads that had Osprey's blood on them. Uh, just the way they were behaving towards one another. I just loved the whole thing. That Spanish fly was amazing. It's one of the best things I've seen. I'm right there with Shane on that one. I just I just loved it. I thought the whole thing was just great, that that was really really good. So I don't know, just me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Beggie, by the way, did answer the question, and he said, simply, when it came to the crowd's gasp at seeing I assume on the big screen will Osbury's face dripping with blood, was the gasp loud? He said, it was simply, but it was. Oh, let's move on to thea Kashta, that gorgeous, being lovely and and Kenny Obega. What the hell?
Speaker 3: I want to mention that there were so many hipo violations during that entire match. I'm surprised they weren't fine callous having hold of Kenny's medical records, and all everyone did is talk about where Kenny was was hurt, and just on and on. I thought they were going to get in trouble.
Speaker 1: But can I ask you a question? Yeah, did you know that Kenny Omega had two feet of his intestines removed?
Speaker 3: I had heard that. I thought it might be a vicious rumor on the internet. So yeah, see, Shane is even shocked that it happened.
Speaker 1: By the way, By the way, Shane, Shane, did you know that Kenny Omega had two feet of his intestines reboot?
Speaker 2: No idea. I haven't seen a single Kenny Omega match until I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you can make a drinking game out of that statement.
Speaker 2: Kenny Omega is my favorite professional wrestler, uh and I I resonate with him because like, uh, like, I'm a weirdo. I follow Kenny Omega on the level. I watch his uh youtubes, I watch his twitch streams. We played the same video games. Weren't the same RPGs? Kenny Omega rules, Yeah, this match was. Kenny Omega is the best seller of moves in the history professional wrestling and takeshtra. Holy crap, this match was fantastic. The like we might get another Kenny Omega belt collector run, it doesn't even matter this this could be a revolution for professional wrestling. I'm on a tangent. I'm sorry. I love, I love, I love, I loved this match. I love, I love Kenny, I love Takeushta, I liked. I thinksha is fantastic.
Speaker 1: I think I was lost. I love the Kenny, but I was sad that I didn't want anybody to lose this match.
Speaker 3: I didn't either, and I just wanted them just to be be, just be there and just let it just be.
Speaker 1: That was just great.
Speaker 2: But no, but ae W was Listen. One of my favorite a W matches was a dark match with Joey Janella and Kenny Omega and they dude, Kenny is going to give us the best matches all the time forever. He did it in Japan, he did it and developmental for excuse me, he did it and did a developmental for Ring of Honor and w w E. Kenny is going to give us the best matches forever. He is fantastic. He For those of you that don't believe that he is not capable of cutting a promo, He's not scripting promos. Kenny is Kenny when he cuts his promos, accept it. I want Kenny to have this belt and rocket. I want him to get the other belts and Rocket. I want him to unify these intercontinental titles. I want I want to see Kenny do Kenny this way.
Speaker 1: What about Taqshta? What do you think's next for Taqueshta?
Speaker 2: Now he's headed to Japan, Yeah, I think he's He's signed with New Japan. Dude, He's gonna go run a faction in Japan and be a rock star and it's gonna be great. There are dude, he's one of those Japanese wrestlers that and he's young. He's going to have a job forever and he's fantastic. Yeah great, let him rock it out, dude. This is a let nature take its core situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, what's your thoughts here on this? Uh Net?
Speaker 3: I think Takesha will go over to Japan for a while. It's unfortunate that he probably won't take Don Callous with him. But I love Kenny Omega. I've loved Kenny Omega forever and I think that he is going to unify those titles. I'm really looking forward to that match, and I'm I'm just glad that Kenny is back. I was honestly looking a little bit for some surprise support for Kenny in the form of a bushie. But I'm glad that they didn't do it and just let Kenny be out there by himself telling his story. Uh, and Takesha looked fantastic. He is by no means a lesser wrestler. He is great and he has many, many years of being great ahead of him. So I just loved it. I love just about everything that Kenny Omega does.
Speaker 1: You know I got you know that you brought up something and I got to say something and I would probably get banned from podcasts were saying this. I'm gonna say it anyway because I have a question for you. This is so tasteless, but it's just, oh no, it's so me. You know, you brought up Don Kallus not going to Japan with Takeshta. Yeah, what if he did? My question is if Don Kallas goes over to Japan and he's on Japanese TV, would the Japanese production crews have to pixelate the vagina on Don Kallis's forehead.
Speaker 3: I wish we'd pixelated it here. Oh God, whatever happened to that podcast you all were doing.
Speaker 1: I just this is just the way my mind works once I get up, once I got it in my head, I had to say it. I apologize to everybody for saying that, because now you know where my mind is. I think I killed Shane.
Speaker 2: So I'm.
Speaker 1: Done.
Speaker 2: I'm out, goodbye. I have a good eye, guys, I'm out.
Speaker 1: You know I want to I want to change gears. I know how to keep Shane involved because I'm gonna bring up this buddy. I'm gonna bring up his buddy, Dave Meltzer.
Speaker 2: No, I can't say the F word on these podcasts. Get the f out of here. No, dude, you're not going to bring up Meltzer. Leave him alone. He's he's too busy, bigger critic in an autodideck. Leave him alone.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't. He did come out with the story. Uh that uh is actually kind of interesting. Look n C Double A Basketball March Madness is it's March, so it's starting and of course yeah so yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Like mostly in the March right now. It's not like, oh shit, like we're mostly in the March.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. What I'm saying is that the March Madness, which is the n C Double A basketball tournament is uh is coming and it's coming to t n T, which of course is the home of a W Collision. So the news coming out today is that it is going to affect the Ncuba tournament, is going to affect Collision, And this is really interesting. What affected WW on March twenty second and March twenty third, which is two weeks from now, Collision runs on the same night as well. Collision would run on the same night as the Ncuba tournament. What ALW is, what AW has decided to do is that they are going to tape the Collision on Wednesday night in Omaha during obviously after Dynamite, Okay, They're going to break it up into two separate shows, and they are going to air them on the twenty second and twenty third, which is a Saturday and Sunday after the Ncuba Basketball Tournament games. Now, those games start at eight o'clock, so you're looking at probably eleven o'clock. You're gonna have a one hour Collision on Saturday night, the twenty second, and a one hour Collision at Sunday night on the twenty third, both of them starting at probably eleven PM. And the reason they're doing that is to make them one hour shows. Is because they feel that if the show starts at eleven eleven PM, you're gonna lose most of your audience by the time the show's over at one am, so they're separating into two shows. I mean, I think that's a pretty interesting decision for AW to do.
Speaker 3: What do you guys think, Try it and see what happens.
Speaker 1: Then, I don't know. Well, the other well, the other interesting thing is is that if for some reason the eleven pm start, look you're getting, you're getting a great lead in right from the NCAA tournament. So I don't think that that can be really used as a factor in the barometer of this. But if the one hour show works, why not do Shockwave at eleven pm after Collision on Saturday night or whatever, or a ten pm it after Collision on Saturday night. You never know. So I just thought that was interesting, Shane. You had brought up something earlier about well Camille and Wardlow.
Speaker 2: Oh god, oh please listen. I'm a psychopath. I've broken news on here that has actually been real, and I don't want to be this guy. I just I like spend like I'm obsessed with professional wrestling and I love the sport and I love the idea of it, and I will never stop doing what I do. I'll be a menace forever.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So like Camille or where do you want me to start with Wardler?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Wardlows from Ohio. He's out there in Los Angeles, like shooting movies, movies, I think, I think, but he but the but they didn't say movies. They said Wardlow's doing projects quote unquote. He that that that's what he's doing right now, and uh, it's uh, it's comparable to guys that top, guys that like look like bad guys in movies, and that's what he's doing. I think the moment more intriguing thing is the Camille story. So I was doing research today on Camille and Camille is in trouble. She's in trouble because, uh, she is how do I say this respect I don't know how to say disrespectfully. She's being ghosted by her She's being ghosted by her boss because she's an asshole and no one wants to deal with her because she expected to get things from Tony Kahan that she's not getting and no one's talking to her. She still works for aw she's still getting paid, but but she's been getting ghosted by her boss.
Speaker 1: And the first time that this has ever happened in AW, isn't I.
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, well Camille had some things to say about AW after she didn't agree with her where her from a creative direction was headed, and she had some things to say about this a couple of months ago, and it went by the wayside and everyone got really quiet about it, and it's stagnated, and this is where we're at right now. So the the rumor, I'm not going to say it's a fact. I'm not saying I have breaking news. I have to say this because I was quoted by SRS. I just had to say it plain in his day, like this is the This is just like for me digging in like she is not. She's not doing too good right now, So like what's the thought on that?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, look, I've said it before and I've said it again. You know, when it came to like the CM punk stuff and all that. This is the way I look at it. I think he's a wrestler. I think he I think he was a whipping boy in UFC too.
Speaker 2: But look, look, this is the way that you stand punk was the reason you and I didn't talk for two months, Like I fell out of the fan hub community because I went on full Tinfoil had bullshit over seampunk, but Camille, like I thought.
Speaker 1: That was funny anyway. But anyway, but this is the way I look at stuff like this, Shane Buddy, when it comes to seem punk and anything that said, backstage reports and stuff like that, if I'm not there, I don't care, meaning I don't care to give my opinion on something because I don't know. I mean, we could speculate, but that just makes an ass out of you and me because we're just assuming stuff. We're not talking about facts. That's that's really my stance on it. I mean, I really when the whole CM punk and Jack Perry and Tony Kahan thing went down, people were just spewing stuff like they were backstage. I wasn't, so I didn't have an opinion.
Speaker 2: Well, Jack Perry's coming back, Camille's not, and Camille's been public about her. Camille has been very public about her relationship to the promotion she's signed to, which makes no sense because why slammed the person who's sign and page checks dude, like like that's the thing. And it's like, Camille, you came from NWA Billy Corgan's promotion, which NWA is fun and they have a lot of cool stuff going on over there, and I would like to see, you know, and I want to see all. I love AW. But but my perspective on professional wrestling is that I want to see everyone blow up. I want to see GCW blow up Jason, I'm not Juggalo. I want to see j CW blow up. Yes, seen Steven flow yet he's fun as hell, Like I want to see people blow up in other promotions. And she chose to get involved with ae W and then and then after she wasn't getting what she wanted from the promotion, she slandered them on on the media. That's what That's what happened. That's exactly what happened. That's a fact.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe it wasn't that she didn't get what she wanted from the vote from the promotion, or was it that the promotion wasn't get what they wanted out of her? You know? Again, That's that's the point I'm making, is like I wasn't there, so I don't know what was going on. I don't know what was said. I don't know the details of her contract. I don't know if for all we know Mercedes said, look, I don't want to work with this person anymore.
Speaker 2: Why would Mercedes say that she's working with she's.
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 2: Mercedes, Mercedes, Mercedes relented the willow overseas she put over some Mercedes is a consonant for professional Kelson. I spoke out against Mercedes Monette hard as f when she got signed, and you were the person that was like, hey, Shane, by the way, she's the reason that women's wrestling is becoming more relevant. Aw I literally had to take a step back and look into that and that you were one hundred percent right, dude. Camille is a person, and she is a hardworking person and a hard working professional that has indiscretions with her boss that are clearly not being resolved. That's a thing. It's evident. It's a thing. I'm sorry, I'm saying it. I'm saying it on the podcast behind a microphone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, something's going on, something's going.
Speaker 2: On, something's going on, something, something's going on. But is it that important that we need to have like like this was just supposed to be like a point in the podcast, like, is she that important? No, she was an NWA champion, she had the opportunity to be a bigger thing in aw and she's got problems with their boss that she hasn't resolved yet. So figure it out and be there. People want to see you wrestle. You could either be a presence for your fans or you could relegate yourself back to a mid car promotion run by a guy in the Smashing Pumpkins. Yeah, yeah, like and do the Smashing pump melancholy And they've been in sickness ruled but do they.
Speaker 1: Well, let's have some fun, you know, get off of this kick. What do we think the Wardlow is doing right now that he's doing these what are the events.
Speaker 2: We are You know, he's playing movies. He's playing a bad guy in BYD movies and I hope he is Okay, have any ideas.
Speaker 3: I don't know what word though is doing. It could be a number of things.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: One thing he's not doing is wrestling. I mean he had at a match schedule that he was pulled from it. Uh so that maybe when that happens that generally means a return. Uh. Personally, I think word though has been gone because and of course I want to preface this by saying this is pure Kelson speculation. And when I say Kelson's spelation, you can replace Kelson speculation with one word stupid. So I think that Wardlow is, as Shane said, filming not nine but a movie. Uh. He is doing the Richard gear role in Pretty Woman with Sidney Sweeney and the Julia Roberts role.
Speaker 2: Oh god, why can't I say the effort on this podcast, Kelson? That's exactly you know what I'm not gonna do. I'm not gonna do Shane, Shit, that's what you think about.
Speaker 1: You've seen You've seen Wardlow in a suit. The dude looks like your rich playboy bro.
Speaker 2: He worked at the bar I get myself, you know, you know, I got my I was. I get myself in trouble for talking about stuff.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Hey Wardlow, I've seen you in a suit at the Barley House at West Sixth in downtown Ohio.
Speaker 1: Dude, way, well, well, well, well, what what's the thing?
Speaker 2: Don't dude? That's a thing.
Speaker 1: That's a thing you gotta say I don't know. I don't have to. You're gonna make me look it up. Just tell me what the Barley house is inquiring.
Speaker 2: A bar owned by a douchebag dude. He cut Wardlow cut his He cut his jib in the Pennsylvania like my book, Tyler, Listen.
Speaker 1: You're not saying anything. Listen, I need a.
Speaker 2: Second to get my words together, Like Wardlow was built out of the Pennsylvania system. And he was built out of the same system that Adam Cole and Britt Baker came out of. And and he is a rock star, and we I want Wardlow back. I believe that he has the potential to be a top guy in aw but but he's habitually injured. He is seven foot something, what is he six?
Speaker 1: I don't think he's that big. He just looks tall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, let's let's listen. I have no evidence as to what Wardlow is doing in Las Vegas. I only know that he's an Ohio guy. That's what I know. He's been there.
Speaker 1: Speaking of returns, how excited are we about Eddie Kingston. I mean he's been.
Speaker 3: Oh God, I am beside myself. Give you with joy.
Speaker 2: Kelson's doing a bed.
Speaker 1: I'm out.
Speaker 2: What can I guys?
Speaker 1: What are you look?
Speaker 3: I don't know why Edie.
Speaker 2: I won't be a co conspirator to this. I'm out. I'm out.
Speaker 1: And disrespect.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? I'm showing brother, I love you. I'm not showing you no disrespect. I am out of this.
Speaker 1: I love Eddie Kingston.
Speaker 3: To this podcast so he knows.
Speaker 2: I hope everybody listens to this podcast because they should. This is like these these spaces are important for professional wrestling because you've got to let a tribal a lot of tribalism and a lot of places, but it's not it's very rare to have an organic perspective from fans that are not angry or spiteful or jaded or manipulated by the narrative. And this is a place where we have an opportunity, We have an opportunity, we have the responsibility and an opportunity to say, Hey, this is what it is you need to say, you need to say. I love Eddie Kingston, right, I.
Speaker 1: Love Eddie Kingston. I'm literally sitting here just drenched in sweat, anticipating and this is right now. But you know, you know, but Shane, what you said is right. You know, this is what the AAW fan Hub is about. We want to have fun wrestling. I said it earlier. It's not rocket science. It's fun. It's fun. It's supposed to be escapism. We want to escape. We don't mind people coming in with different opinions. We have ww fans on this podcast. We have WWE fans on the AEW fan Hub subreddit that, honestly, they don't appreciate, not saying that they don't like They don't appreciate AW as much as they appreciate WWE. But you know what, they come on there and they're civil and they make they put effort into their comments, and they make a point without being condescending. They ask questions, they state why they may not enjoy something as much as what they're preferred. Promotion is. That's fine. We don't take bias against that. We only care about the people that have an opinion that are willing to share it and be part of the community, not against it or a detriment to it.
Speaker 2: It should be a benon Kelson, I'm gonna double down. It should be a community because we're all here for the same reason. Brother, we love professional wrestling. And we all come from a place where we grew in it, and we should not use it as a platform to spread hate or vitual. We're all here for the same reason to see cool stuff. Like you disagree, well, look, we could disagree with each other about how we perceive things to be happening, but at the end of the day, we're all gonna still meet here in the middle and say, hey man, it's happening and it can't happen.
Speaker 1: Look, we have the Wrestling Hub Discord server. It's a very active server, and we have AW fans, WWE fans, New Japan fans, Joshi fans, Lujah fans, Indie fans. There's talk about everything every day. Am I right or am I wrong?
Speaker 2: You my brother, you're right.
Speaker 1: All right. When's the last time you saw anybody have a tribalistic spat on that server? And I haven't. I haven't either. I can't remember the last time I've ever had to remove a post other than somebody accidentally posting a spoiler in the wrong channel or something like that. Those are the only posts that get removed, you know, and they can just repost it, you know, in the proper channel. But my point is is that WWE fans and a w fans can get along because WWE fans and a W fans on our discord server are talking to each other, and they talk to each other a lot about a lot of different things.
Speaker 2: Heyn some of the coolest things that that that's happened. Dude, there are a lot of cool things happening happening in w W E two and AW is my preferred flavor of professional wrestling at the end of the day. Let's take it. Let's take the take this at base value. We're all here for the same reason. And Kelson said it escapism. If it's not escapism to you, it's something you're genuinely passionate about. And let's all be here for each other. Don't don't talk shit to someone just because they disagree with you, and and don't spread misinformation because we need more of the real out there. We want to see the cool stuff that's happening, and we all got to get together for that to happen.
Speaker 1: Man, go ahead, net I'll give your name out.
Speaker 3: I was speaking of cool stuff. Did you see the news about Mr.
Speaker 2: Where's Me?
Speaker 3: He and his wife have gotten back together, renewed their wedding bounce.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, isn't that sweet?
Speaker 2: J got back together?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, but that's that's that's that's good news. I I'm one of those weird people that like to see people be happy instead of miserable. Mean, you know, and so if they're at the obviously they were obviously in love. Yeah before Uh, it sounds to me like they had a little bit of a disagreement or whatever. Again, I wasn't there. Uh, they split up, they got back together for forever. I mean, I think that's great news. Yeah, I think that that That actually made my night.
Speaker 2: That made It's a good wrap up to this Podkelson. Yeah, we get to we get to go out a good note outside of aw.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, Well, Dynamites tomorrow night. All we talk right after Dynamite. Maybe we do get swear Strickland calling out John Moxley and winning the championship in the first thirty seconds of the show. We can I can dream, I can dream. Hey we may see Speedball Mike Bailey, Oh god, you know, there's.
Speaker 2: So many we have so many prospects on their way to aw speed My goodness.
Speaker 3: I love I love Speedball, Mike.
Speaker 1: I know hey, we got Look, look, there's gonna be some There's gonna I mean, we've already known that MJF is gonna be there tomorrow night and speaking live, which is always a good time.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Look, we have stories that need to be furthered, We have stories that need to be begun, so you know, and the way that Dynamite and Collision have been running in twenty twenty five, specifically ever since they joined Max, it's just hit a little bit different, and I mean that in a very positive way. I expect tomorrow night's show to be very much worth watching, and I hope you'll watch it with us in our live chat on the aw fanub subreddit and of course on a wrestling Hub discord, and you'll join us tomorrow night to talk about Dynamite right here on our discord the Wrestling Hub for the aw fan Hub podcast team.
Speaker 2: This is Kelson, This is Shane die Bud.
Speaker 1: This is Nat. Good night, everybody, good night, any in Yah