Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Psychic Teachers. I'm your host Samantha Fay, and I'm Damn Bealie, and we're so happy to have you here with us. It doesn't feel like mercury retrograde, Deb, but a lot of weird mishaps keep happening. So we were supposed to be spending this time interviewing a lovely guest, and thanks to time zones, we got wires crossed and that's no longer happening. So Deb and I were like, you know what, let's just do an old fashioned chatty show since we're here together.
Speaker 2: So y'all just listen in on our conversation. That's really what it's gonna goow down.
Speaker 3: To exactly why not? And so we thought we would.
Speaker 1: Since we're kicking at old school this week, we thought we would start with a toureaux of the week and a crystal of.
Speaker 2: Y'all have asked for this for a while now, and Samantha and I it's not necessarily that we've been resistant to it. It's been like, how do we do that, and how do we bring in relevant to today's information that's different, perhaps in some way than when we did the turou in the crystal of the week for you all a long time ago. But in any case, all that aside, here's the taro key I've picked today. And I really did do exactly what we used to do in the old days, which was to pick a key at random.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we've been talking off air for like an hour waiting for our guest, and I was like, you know, we should just hit.
Speaker 2: Record exactly, so here we are. The logical in me wanted to start with the fool and I thought, no, let's not do that. But here's this showed up today, and I am enough of a believer and there are no accidents that there is a reason that the High Priestess is with us in today's episode. You know, when we think about the High Priestess, she really does represent so much of where many people are when they begin there to row journey. They want to know so much and they want Hughts. All of us want to know so much and do so much, and yet there are mysteries and layers and layers of mystery and deep connections among various beliefs. As you all have heard me say a zillion times, I am working from the Waite Smith deck as always. So let's look at this key in terms of what she's wearing, and take a look at that beautiful blue gown and how it trails off the bottom of the key and around and over it. At one point is a crescent moon. She is the daughter of the moon. She is deeply connected to the moon goddess Selene, for example, from which the word Selenite comes from, and she is protected by those lunar deities. The water that pours off the key is the water that melts from the cliff upon which the fool stands in the very first key in to row, and you will watch it flow, of course through the entire major arcana. The blue that she's wearing represents emotion, introspection, the direction of west, the element of water, none of which if you notice a present on the magician key, The magician is the yang to the High Priestess. She and the crown on her head represents the Egyptian goddess Author and isis the High Priestess is a symbol of being a virgin, meaning and unto herself. That solar equal armed cross on her breast represents a balance of forces in one's life. The Hebraic scroll in her lap is titled Torah, and the spelling of that is important because the word is properly spelled t r H. And if you look at it closely, you can see that the H is hidden. It is a reminder to us that there will always be that which we cannot know as we study esoteric thought. And I think that's a really important lesson that the High Priestess gives us, to remind us that we can't know it all, we will never know it all, and some of it is still meant to be unknown. And she is seated on a throne before a veil, and between the veil and the two pillars that flank her is this absolutely beautiful screen al Moses fail upon which are pomegranates and palm trees. Pomegranates, of course, tell us the story, remind us the story of and her daughter Persephone's sojourn into the underworld with the god Hades, and the palm trees represent masculine energy. So again, so much of the High Priestess Key offers us an observation of finding balance in our lives, however that balance may come for you. The same is true with those pillars beside her, Boaz and Joaquin. The black pillar of boas the gray pillar of Joaquin. The black pillar represents what Eden Gray calls a negative life force, and the gray pillar of Joaquin is a positive life force. She doesn't mean negative and positive in a good and bad way, but rather in terms of as we think of a charge of a battery, for example. So a balance. Once again, So keep in mind that the High Priestess invites the fool on his or her journey and us to dig deeper to find spiritual symbols that connect us to each other, to find knowledge that leads us to a path of enlightenment. She offers both an emotion and a physical balance in our lives. She is, as some folks say, isis veiled. She is the link between the mundane world and the spiritual world.
Speaker 1: When she shows up in a reading, don't you usually interpret it as a sign that the queran has intuitive abilities and needs to rely on going within and trusting that inner knowing.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do. That is exactly what When I see the High Priestess in a reading, I know I'm talking to somebody who is in the early stages, perhaps of a spiritual journey and an intuitive learning process, but it is always a reminder to keep learning. She always comes to say, you're on the right path, keep going, keep learning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that. Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, the crystal I chose is rainbow obsidian, which I absolutely adore because it's such a powerful stone. It's actually formed from molten lava, but we call it a stone, and it hardens so fast that it didn't have time to crystallize, so it works quickly and efficiently for you as well. It helps you break through personal barriers to realize your potential on your spiritual path. Rainbow obsidian helps cut through cords that are stuck in your heart chakra, eliminating energetic hooks from old wounds. Energy workers and healers can use rainbow obsidian after a session to replenish their aura. If you feel stuck or worried about a situation, you can meditate with rainbow obsidian to help you cut through the worry to see issues more clearly. It's also been known to help increase your luck. It's a great stone for manifesting. You can visualize your goal while holding your rainbow obsidian, see a perfect image of yourself achieving that goal, and then place it in the center of a grid to help you really work on projecting that manifesting image out into the world. Rainbow Upsitting is this shiny black stone that has these rainbow hues to it, and so it's also a fantastic stone for anyone going through grief because it reminds you that there is a rainbow at the end of that storm, so you can visualize the rainbow hues projecting into your heart chakra to help heal. It's a wonderful stone for gazing into as well. It's been used as a scrimier for millennia. You can scry, meaning just gaze as you meditate into your rainbow obsidian stone, and you just want to kind of allow your eyes to glaze over so you can kind of zone in and out as you focus on a question. Just allow the stones joyful energy to help infuse your aura with clarity and insight. But it's got a really cool history. It was named after the Roman explorer Obsidious, So because of this and its dark color, it's often been associated with the underworld and the dark waters of the river Sticks because of its glass like midnight velvety black hue, and because when you break it, if you break open a rainbow obsidian, it reveals an even sharper edge. It's even sharper than surgical steel. Can you believe that ancient Greeks and Romans would often use obsidian for a powerful tool for cutting away mental illness? So today, metaphysically, this is why a lot of energy healers will use it to help cut away energetic cords that are negative, negative energetic ties, bad habits, or remove spiritual blockages. But it's a really funstone to work with and research, and it can do so much wonderful things for you. But I think it's most famously known as a scrying tool. If you know someone who is going through a difficult time and you know they're just not doing well in life, they're grieving something, whether it be the loss of a physical person or the loss of a job or a relationship, gifting them with a rainbow obsidian and including in the tag the metaphysical properties for helping heal from grief.
Speaker 3: Is just I think a lovely thing to do.
Speaker 1: You know, John Dee used obsidian for his crying and you can actually see it in the museum in London.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 3: I know? I love that.
Speaker 2: Well, all right? So, Samantha, why are that up to?
Speaker 1: Well, I've been up to a lot of work, but I've also been up to a lot of family stuff. My wonderful, amazing, beautiful daughter, Tory, graduated college last weekend, so so happy for her. And then I helped my oldest daughter Olivia move into her.
Speaker 3: First real grown up place, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, she's got a great career, she's doing well, and now she has this beautiful, fancy place.
Speaker 3: I absolutely love it.
Speaker 1: So I spent just the last two days helping her move all of that. Well, actually Michael did most of the heavy that.
Speaker 3: Poor man in down.
Speaker 1: Headboards, footboards, end tables. I'm like, you got it.
Speaker 3: He's like, I got it?
Speaker 2: Did he? Oh? What he was getting into when he did?
Speaker 3: I didn't? Yeah, poor women, I did tell him. So we did that.
Speaker 1: And then my step son is graduating high school this week, so we're going to be going to that and we're having a big party at our clubhouse. So just a lot of family stuff. I've got a lot of wed I'm going to be gone every single weekend throughout I've been gone every weekend in May. I'll be gone every weekend in June. And the first weekend in July. It's just a lot.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about you.
Speaker 2: I can't even begin to tell you how much stuff I've got going on, but it's all so incredibly exciting. This course series that Zarah and I are doing together is just so much fun. The folks who have joined us in this very first of the program have just been delightful to work with. And some of them I'm known for a long time. Some are new folks to me, and it's just wonderful to learn from and with other folks in this way about the notion of connectedness. That's which you know, is a big thing for me. So I'm having a lot of fun with that. There's more coming. Subscribe to my newsletter to see where we're going next. And then working on a new book, which I'm really excited about. I don't think i'm at liberty yet to tell the title, although it has.
Speaker 3: The title, such a cool title.
Speaker 2: Thank you, yeah hear it for working that out with the public. Sure we went, but it took us a while to get there with the title what we did. But in any case, the writing is underway, so I'm excited about that. I also am involved in a project with a regional magazine, working on writing a series of companion creative nonfiction pieces to a project looking at climate change, social justice, and gentrification in our region. The first piece was published last month, so I'm working on a new piece for them, and I've written a play co author to play with a friend, and we're in negotiations with a theater company about that.
Speaker 3: I got to see the first read through you.
Speaker 2: Did you did for the first act? You at Lyst saw the.
Speaker 3: First first act.
Speaker 2: I know the premise, Oh, thank you, thank you. It's a lovely project and such fun to be working with an actor and a writer in town that I really admire a lot. So that's fun. So that's kind of what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: I think, well, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: I have been having some weirdness that's just I don't know what to do about. I'd love your opinion on deb with my mom ooh Dotail. So you know you're talking about your writing projects, and I'm really trying to work on my next writing project, and I'm vacillating between too many ideas, and I keep coming back to this idea of writing about from a spiritual perspective. Writing about having a difficult mother or a mother who doesn't really know how to love unconditionally, And I thought it would be really fun to incorporate my love of Mary and other motherly goddesses throughout right. So I thought I could kind of weave it in that way. But I'm just not finalizing it. It's not coming into anything. But I thought, well, you know it's Samantha. Remember what deb said when in doubt write it out. So I wrote my newsletter about how complicated grief can be when you don't really miss them, or it's not that I don't miss her, it's I don't miss the drama. I don't miss the anxiety. I don't miss the you know which version of my mom is going to show up to this holiday thing?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So I wrote that really hemmed in hot over sharing it in my newsletter, and finally I was like, no, just share it. It probably will help someone, because it's really hard to talk about that stuff. As I've said before in the show, I think it's the last taboo to talk about having a mother you don't like, or.
Speaker 3: Who doesn't like you, or who doesn't like you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me rephrase that, I actually do like my mother, it's just the love thing that's difficult because of her difficultness anyway, So I finally submitted it, and you and I share the same person who helps us with our newsletter stuff and making sure it gets out. She had never seen this before. It went to less than one percent of my subscribers. Ed, she doesn't she doesn't know, and I mean I looked, she called, we cannot figure out how that happened. So that really freaked me out right. I was like, oh God, maybe she doesn't want me to write this. So then a couple of weeks later, my sister and I are going, we're getting ready our friend of our her daughter's getting married. This is like, I don't know, three weeks ago, four weeks ago. And so my sister calls me in the morning and she's like, you know, what are you wearing? And she's like, Peter and I will come pick up you and Michael and we'll have a glass of wine first and then we'll go. So we're making all these plans and I see this thing and I don't know, this white fuzzy thing in my prepheral vision, and that had been happening all week.
Speaker 3: I just felt my mother around me all week.
Speaker 1: But there was no message, there was no nothing. I just like she was just she's nosy, so she probably was just poking in to say hi, right.
Speaker 2: And coming, I'll watch you. We're gonna wear bro.
Speaker 3: Well, ain't that the truth? So I said to Courtney, have you been.
Speaker 1: Feeling Mom around more than usual? And she said, oh, my gosh, I was gonna say the same thing. She's like, it's constant. I'm almost like, is she haunting me or she visiting me? I said same. So we were just talking about that and laughing about the idea of Mom haunting us, and we hung up, and my day goes on. I get ready for the wedding and I'm thinking about all of that, and I thought, you know, there's this aquamarine ring that my dad got my mom for I think their thirtieth or thirty fifth.
Speaker 3: Wedding anniversary, and my mom never wore it.
Speaker 1: She didn't like aquamarine, and so ye're like, I don't know. Ten years ago, I said to Mom, how come you never wear that ring? And she said, I don't like it. And it was a really special ring to me because my dad and I had made a whole day of going shopping for her anniversary gift, and it was just a happy memory, you know, like we went to all these fun jewelry stores and we had this lovely lunch and so I said, well, if you don't like it, can I have it? And she was like, yeah, absolutely, I don't want it. So I've had that ring for a long long time, and so I was like, you know what, I'm gonna wear it to the wedding since she's around us a lot and maybe it'll help her connect with us better. So I wear the ring. We go to the wedding, We have a great time, and we're driving home and Peter's driving, Michael's in the front, and then Courtney Mere in the back, and we're facing each other, like you know, chatting about the wedding and all the events and how lovely it was.
Speaker 3: And I'm twisting my ring. Do you ever? I don't think you ever? You don't have that habit to you?
Speaker 2: I do. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I always if I have like a big.
Speaker 1: Ring on my finger, I will twist it. So I'm twisting it as I'm talking to her. It goes flying off of my hand and it lands right by her in the seat. Long story short, the ring is gone. We cannot find it. We got our phone flashlights out. When we got back to my house, we got actual flashlights out. We're shining flashlights everywhere. The next morning, Peter practically pulled that whole back seat out. The ring is gone. So Courtney and I could not make sense of that, except Mom doesn't want you to have the ring. I thought it had flown off my finger because Mom was saying, like, Courtney should have the ring because she loved Courtney so much. Fine, I'm happy to give her the ring.
Speaker 3: But it's gone. Even Courtney can't have it. So I thought that was weird.
Speaker 1: It doesn't end there, Oh right, Okay, so we're talking about how strange it is. Monday, she gets up early and she's drying her hair and the lights, the whole power goes out in her house and she's like, oh man, that's annoying. So she texts some of her neighbors. Nobody lost power.
Speaker 3: So she goes to work.
Speaker 1: Her husband calls the energy people.
Speaker 3: They come out to the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This, like I said, this is a little over three weeks ago. They still that company still cannot figure out why they lost power. They're still looking into it. They had to dig a hole and splice into the neighbors electricity until they.
Speaker 3: Can figure out what happened.
Speaker 1: And the energy company people have been out to her house a lot, and we just think it's weird.
Speaker 2: That is, I mean, it's scary because anytime you have electrical stuff, it's it's frightening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but for some reason she feels strongly that it's connected to my mom.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have two things to say about that. One, let me go back to the rink. It's the word I'm looking for, teleporting. Thank you. I was new it was close into nowhere? Where did the ring go? I mean, you're in a car in a closed situation, right, It's not like you were out in public anywhere. Right? No, So what do you where to say? Go and find it?
Speaker 3: Go?
Speaker 2: And what was up with your mom with that?
Speaker 3: And it'd be nice if we knew two psychics we could ask it would would.
Speaker 2: If you're a going to body, let me know, would you there's that? And who wonder in a closed space? The other thing I would invite you to do because you were in your brother in law's car. Am I remembering the way? Yep? And she liked him.
Speaker 3: She loved him. Everyone loves him. He's the nicest man.
Speaker 2: He is very nice. I've met him. So maybe you can ask whoever you talk to put the ring back and let it just show up, you know, on the back floorboard of the car whatever. So ask to have it back. And if the answer is that you're not supposed to have it and you're supposed to give it to Courtney, give it to Gourney exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm fine with that. I just don't want it lost in her car. It's a really nice ring, all right.
Speaker 2: So ask for it back. That's it. Don't want Item two. As we've been talking, the room I am in has filled with the fragrance of stargazer lilies.
Speaker 3: Oh, your mom's here.
Speaker 2: My mom is here.
Speaker 3: What do you think that's about?
Speaker 2: I think she wants to be in on this conversation about mothers.
Speaker 3: Well, what was her thing?
Speaker 2: She used to always say, Oh, she got a lot of second.
Speaker 3: Know about Hitler's mama.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that was Joel's mother.
Speaker 3: Oh that was Joel's mother.
Speaker 2: Girl's mother would say that his birthday, no, it was anniversary for a death is this week. But Joel's mom would when they would be talking about Hitler and bad things. Joel's mom would say, well, his mother loved him. My mother did not say that. My mother had a lot of other phrases, but that was not one of them.
Speaker 3: There's something really nice that dev does. If you guys don't know already, she records on your calendar the death dates of all her friend's family members died. Yeah, everyone who has died, and.
Speaker 1: She will, you know, reach out to that person around that anniversary, which on the anniversary.
Speaker 3: That's how I think it so lovely.
Speaker 1: And that might be one reason why my mom is pissed because if you remember, she and my dad bought the drawers in the mausoleum in that thing, would you agree, that's a fancy flipping cemetery.
Speaker 2: Man, And that's a fancy mausoleum, y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gorgeous. It's a gorgeous, gorgeous place. But uh, they bought those mausoleum drawurs, I think when they first moved here in the late nineties, early two thousands, forever ago.
Speaker 2: And four lots in that cemetery, you do, crisister, I own four lots in that cemetery.
Speaker 3: Oh well, you're fancy too, But.
Speaker 2: We did the same thing. Mom and Daddy bought them one hundred years ago when they would cheat.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's hard to get in there now, but you're not going there, nope. Okay, just wondering because I feel like I got to seek the chalk ful and nut can, right, and then okay, well we'll talk about that.
Speaker 2: That's right, the cho prow and nuts can. We'll come back to that.
Speaker 1: That's where Dev's ashes will be one hundred years from now. So my mop bought the mausoleum drawers forever ago, and she gave my sisters and me each a key and would always say, this is so you.
Speaker 3: Can visit us even when it's raining. I'm not kidding, because that the sebretery was.
Speaker 1: Obviously always open. I guess I've never seen the gates closed.
Speaker 2: But I do close them at sun Debt.
Speaker 1: Okay, but we have a key to the It's a beautiful building, the mausoleum with all the stained glass, and we have a key to that. And Courty and I have not been in quite some time, so maybe she's mad. I hate sitting in there. There's pews in there and you can sit and you can pray, and there's beautiful outside. I'd rather just sit outside because there's all those beautiful trees, But inside there's.
Speaker 3: Like gnats and fly I don't. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: It creeps me out knowing that my parents are up in those two. Of course, they're in the.
Speaker 3: Two top drawers deb courts. They are, They're the two highest top drawers.
Speaker 1: I wrote a whole article about trying to switch out the flowers and have pissed off.
Speaker 3: I got that they had to have the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have to tell you. The mazleumb where Samantha's parents are interred, is it is? You know, if you can think in terms of a mazoleum being a beautiful building, this it really is. And Samantha's father's service stand was lovely. It was quite an event. There were a lot of well, I don't know, really, you want it was quite a fit.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I think what shocked you the most it was open casket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't do upe casket.
Speaker 1: I know, I didn't. I was not a fan. I had no say so in any of that. And my mother do you remember my mother leaned her elbow on the open casket as she gave a lovely eulogy to my father, and I think that's what shocked you the most.
Speaker 2: It felt like she was standing like a torch song triller singer, yeah, at a piano as she was talking about your sweet father.
Speaker 1: And I remember she said he was such a handsome man. He had many opportunities to stray, but he never did.
Speaker 3: He was always loyal.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, freshet on your face was praiseless.
Speaker 2: I was trying.
Speaker 3: It was the first time you met her.
Speaker 2: That was the first time I met you. Yeah, that was. But there we were in that Losley and but I don't have another basoleum story. Kill. I don't know how we got off of this, but here we go. I told you you just go listen in on me talking. So several years ago, one of our local metaphysical stores got a call from a man in a Southwestern state explaining that his wife was a witch and she was originally from here, and she had had a long bout with cancer. He said he had no they did not share any kind of spearrtual beliefs in any way, so he didn't quite know what to do with all of this. But her dream was that he would bring her ashes back here where she was born and that there would be some kind of a ritual to honor her life conducted by someone who was a pagan. And so he called this metaphysical store looking for somebody who could basically be a funeral off ship in that way, and the store gave him my name. So he called me and we had just the nicest conversation, and what a nice man, and what a sad, sad situation he was in. He was determined to honor his wife's wishes. So I said, we did whatever he needed me to do, and I would conduct it in a way that honor what I would imagine was at least the basis of her beliefs. But he warned me that her family did not hear, did not share her beliefs, and it might be problematic. I thought, oh what am I getting into? So in any case, we got it all worked out. I'm going to do the funeral in a cemetery, not the same lovely one that your folks are in, but a different one, and we're going to do a gray side thing. Right. So I gather all of my fire, air, earth water directions, accouterments, stuff, you know, and had written something to say about this lovely woman and it was raining cats and dogs. There was no way that this service could be held outside, so the folks who run the cemetery opened the mausoleum so that we could go in and use that building. It was a different energy in that mausoleum than the one with your mom and dad. It had some chairs, but it was not pews. It did not feel sanctuary ish really in that way. But nonetheless, they gave me a table and I created an altar, and there folks came and it all worked out just beautifully. Nobody got up and hollered at me or burned me at the stak or anything like that, yelled anything bad about her, which I was so grateful. It all turned out to be a very reverent and very honoring ceremony for this lovely woman and made her husband feel like he had honored her wishes in this situation. So those are my two experiences in a mausoleum, Samantha.
Speaker 3: Well, but no advice on it. If my mom is haunting us or not.
Speaker 2: I think your mom is haunting you, but that's just because I think it's your mom.
Speaker 3: Well, I think what I'll do. See this is why just talking about stuff is so helpful because.
Speaker 1: Sitting here thinking, I'm like, you know what, I'm just going to make my sister and me go to the mausoleum and sit there, and if her power comes back on and I find I mean, she has power. But if they fix the power issue and I find the ring, I'll report back to everyone.
Speaker 2: I think that would be a lovely thing for you to do. I do believe that your mom has work to do with the three of you, and I do think that she probably doesn't know how, and so she's getting your attention in ways that she can. And she knew that ring would get your attention.
Speaker 3: Right, right, and power will get your attention. Well, yeah, we all need electricity.
Speaker 2: I wonder what it would be like for you to just wish her a nice day every morning, just to say, you know, Mom, I wish you I hope you're at peace today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great idea.
Speaker 1: I do include her in my prayers, I do, But I like the idea of just in.
Speaker 2: The morning say specific thing for her. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I will definitely do that.
Speaker 2: Because I you know, I think when you know it's I'm back to that. Hellen Greeves Testimony of Light Perspective of what we're doing on the other side, and I have all ideas that that your mom's work is ongoing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's move on from death and haunting mothers and Williams. I want to focus on what you and I were.
Speaker 3: Talking about before we hit record. But we've got to take a very quick break. We'll be right back, Okay. I have a crystal pop quiz for you. Are you ready? No cheating?
Speaker 1: What crystal was once believed to hold the trapped lights of the Aurora borealis. Legend says a warrior found the shimmering stone and struck it with his sword, releasing the beautiful lights into the night sky. When you wear this crystal, it acts like a strong filter, blocking out negative energy coming your way while also letting in all the positive vibes. It's often called the stone of magic because it helps connect you to the magic hidden within you. When you wear this stone, it helps you walk with ease through your intuitive journey. And here's your last clue. It helps awaken and strengthen your third eye chakra. Ready for the answer? Did you already guess it? It's labradorite and for the entire month of June, my Labradorite bracelets are on sale. All of my bracelets are handstrung by me. Each one is made with an affirmation that I repeat as a form of my meditation. The Labradorite bracelets are made with the mantra I embrace the magical intuitive energy within me through divine grace and protection. All bracelets come with a blessing card and a tag explaining the attributes of the stone. Plus you get a free fortune and a crystal as a gift for you. Check it all out at Samantha Fay dot com and click the stores tab. Okay, before, when we were talking deb you had said, let's talk to people about how we are connecting with ourselves with spirit and what we feel we need the most right now because it is super busy and chaotic in our personal lives, but also there's just a lot going on in the world right now, and sometimes we can get caught up all of that and forget to just kind of tune in and be focused and centered. And I think it's an important reminder.
Speaker 3: I would love for.
Speaker 1: You to tell people what you've been doing with your card of the day, because I think that's really cool.
Speaker 2: I will I'd be happy to share that with him. Before I do that, then, let me just say this. Anybody who's listening to this podcast for any length of time has heard me say that. Spirit will say to me, and probably to you in some other way, will you just sit down and shut up so I can talk? Fair can't talk, We don't shut up. And that chatter that rolls around in my head all the time, I literally have to tell it to be quiet, and sometimes when I do that, there's still this buzzing in my head. It's like I'm outside in the middle of a bunch of bugs for people, and I have to say, just stop, just stop. Put the damn phone, damn turn off the freaking computer, what the book out? I mean, all those things that are part of my routine to just be for a minute.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So one of the ways that I had been working on that since a Stara basically to the middle of March, is that I have been almost every day. There have been a few days where I have missed, but almost every day in the morning, I shuffle my trow deck three times, say my prayer, and pull off the card on the top and take that as my lesson for the day. I've been keeping a record of what that's been like. And so I followed that through from Astara to Friday Night, which was the dark of the moon, right, and I pulled the last card, and I thought, all right, I'm going to take that period of time and do an analysis of what has come up and what has noted. I found as I was going through.
Speaker 1: Is that, sorry, Deve just pulled out a really cool, ginormous book.
Speaker 3: Is that your Book of Shadows?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 3: Hold it up for it so I can see it.
Speaker 2: Hold on everybody, Hey, hey, it's.
Speaker 3: Great for audio. This is everyone's very intrigued. Oh that is is that the book is?
Speaker 2: The book is dear Hyde. It was a gift from a friend of mine. And then the spiral on the front is spelt and it's set up so that I can add books to it, books inside it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that's really cool.
Speaker 2: All right, sorry, go ahead, that's okay. So I made some notes here, let me find them, all right, Okay, here's what I learned. What was really interesting, more than what I pulled was what I didn't pull. So in any suit over that period of time, I pulled no threes, no sixes, no eight or no nines. Yeah, hmm, that's right where I went exactly. The key that I pulled most often, was it all four suits? The five time for a victritten little chaos, right.
Speaker 3: I'm for adventure and change.
Speaker 1: I wonder, so three is about creativity and communication, which clearly you're doing a lot of right now. I wonder if it didn't appear because it's already happening.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know.
Speaker 1: And the six is about really stepping into your light and being an entrepreneur, and you're doing all of that. The nine is the humanitarian deb You've been a humanitarian since you were five years old.
Speaker 2: And the eight is about money and stability, right and eternity right, yep. But none of those showed up, had none in any suit, none at all. But the key that came up most I had the five of pentacles three times, the five of swords once, the five of cups four times, and the five of wand's once.
Speaker 3: Now are they all upright? Reverse?
Speaker 2: Do you make note of that? I do make notes of that, okay. With for example, with the five of peddacles, I had one reversed, one upright, and two reversed. In the five of cups, it was even. It was two upright and two reversed. The others were all upright. Then in terms of major arkonic keys, I had the Empress, the Hermit, judgment, strength, the Wheel, the Star, the moon, the sun, and the world twice.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of major arconic.
Speaker 1: We're talking what seven weeks, eight weeks? Oh yeah, yeah, that's a lot of major arcana in that period.
Speaker 2: A lot of folks show up. I had some court cards, more kings than anybody else along the way.
Speaker 1: I liked that idea because I think I even bought you some. I have those little stickers, a little to ro stickers.
Speaker 2: I had them right here. I can see them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what I like to do is pull a card of the day, and then I like to find the corresponding sticker, and I put it in my journal and I just write. I use it as a jumping off point for writing. I don't I hardly ever reread what I write in a journal or look.
Speaker 3: Back like that.
Speaker 1: I think it's really cool that you've been putting it down and going back to see patterns and what's there and what's not there. That's the step I don't do. And I just wanted you to share that with everyone, because that's a great skill. It's a great aha moment that we can all have if we start doing that.
Speaker 2: Well, I just keep a legal pad because I started again, started a new pattern on the day of the new moon on Saturday, and so I just write on a legal pad the date and what a God. And then when I make the decision, it's kind to reassess and look again. I'll go back and do the same analysis the next time and compare what was I doing during this period of time and what will I be doing the next time. And I think one of the things that I would recommend that folks look at and think for themselves might be helpful in this discussion is that sometimes we take an isolated incident in our spiritual or metaphysical journey and it's big and it feels huge, right, And if we look at that in context of the bigger picture of ongoing events in our lives, it may shift its change and its meaning. Here's an example. I got a text from a young friend last week and she was so excited she had seen two hawks chasing each other in the sky. That had to be big. Well, in that typical deb oh, I should have been kinder way, I wrote back their mating.
Speaker 3: You were watching cinemax in the sky.
Speaker 2: You are being a voyeur, And she didn't respond. I could tell that that was not the answer she was looking for.
Speaker 3: But that could still have big meaning.
Speaker 2: Well it could, it could, absolutely, but you take it in bigger context, and when you are asking for a particular piece of information, then you have to trust that it is indeed a signed Me and my hawk with the quitting my job, remember that I'm retiring from my job. I mean I can still see that hawk turning around and looking at me. And my sweet friend Rachel, who was standing with me and watched it happens, looked at me and said, how many signs do you need? Dev so right? She and I talked about that the other day.
Speaker 1: Having those little daily rituals though, of pulling a card or journaling, I think is such a needed thing right now to help us find our compass our center. Oh absolutely, you know what I can't stop thinking about. I really enjoyed our interview, our talk with Teresa.
Speaker 2: Chung just down. Yeah.
Speaker 1: She was just like a wealth of information and I hope we can have her back.
Speaker 3: But when she talked.
Speaker 1: About what happens to the brain when we read fiction. That that really stuck with me because this is something my book club and I we were just talking about this.
Speaker 3: At our last book club.
Speaker 1: Most of us are listening to the books each month because we're so freaking busy. Oh no, so when we are at the gym or driving and running errands or cleaning our house, we're killing two birds at one stone.
Speaker 3: We're listening to the book of the month.
Speaker 1: And when Teresa was talking about and I do read nonfiction every day, I love not Fit, so I'm reading that every day. Told you about the book I'm reading now, I'll have to share it in a minute.
Speaker 3: It's so good.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I do read nonfiction every day. Fiction I tend to listen to. And when she talked about how it's not listening and it's not nonfiction, you have to read fiction, and how it stimulates parts of your brain almost identical to meditation, that really stayed with me because haven't you felt that when you're reading a book and you get swept up into that other world and you might be on your couch, sitting on your lovely patio or porch and you know, spring day, but you're in a whole different world, just like you are when you meditate. I don't know, I just can't stop thinking about that, and I love that. Just reading fiction, I mean, according to Teresa's research, is kind of like meditating, and we can use that as a way to connect with spirit, or at least with ourselves, maybe not spirit.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm like you, of course, I don't listen to stuff. I listen to music, and it takes me, it transports me in a different way to places, and I have a whole of the thing with music. But I don't want to listen to books. I can't. I need to see the words. I hear, the words, I hear, the scenery. I mean. For example, one of the reasons that I so love the Mary Stewart trilogy about Merlin and King Arthur is because before I physically stood on that cliff at Tintagile, I could hear those crashing waves. I knew what Tintagile sounded like because of reading Mary's books. I don't know that I would have had the time to go there. Reading slows me down.
Speaker 3: That's so true.
Speaker 2: Whereas if I'm listening, if I were, and I won't do it, but I can imagine that I was listening to something. I just have to keep going along with the audio thing. Where there's a book, I can stop it go. I could see this cliff, I can hear these waves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can let the words wash over you in a different way.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Although you would love like BBC Radio drama. You would love that.
Speaker 1: Where it's different actors acting out the parts and there's all the audio.
Speaker 3: Like Charles Paris with Bill Nyi is such a great radio series.
Speaker 1: You'll have to check it out. You know Bill Nyi right from about Time and Love actually right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you know who he's dating?
Speaker 1: It is the best coupling ever.
Speaker 3: Do tell he is dating the newly retired editor of Vogue and a Winter.
Speaker 2: Well, now see that is certainly not somebody I know.
Speaker 3: Oh really, Oh, come on the head of Vogue for like thirty years with the sunglasses. Yeah, do he for wears Prada.
Speaker 2: Don't even get me started about that Prada thing, because I didn't know what that was. A tild student told me, Oh no, I really did not. When you say the Vogue to be the only person I can think of course is Jackie Kennedy.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a little bit of an outdated reference dub that's all good at say so hip and trendy with everything else except pop culture.
Speaker 2: I am so good and trendy not and I am so old? Right remember that, students, so proceed.
Speaker 1: Guides, please help me to remind about the words that come after the phrase I am.
Speaker 2: I know that, I do know that, And I don't mind being old. I just have a lot to do.
Speaker 1: You don't look old, you don't act old.
Speaker 3: You're not old, period the end.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm not. Oh. I had the most fun at a Rising Appleachic concert last week. God, I had such a good time. Those gals are just amazing and it was fun and made me think I was an an old, grateful, dead shit. Oh it was great with so much fun. Beth Vow's daughter should have been with me.
Speaker 3: Oh, I bet she would have loved it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: I want to tell people about this book are reading, and I want to hear about what you're reading. But let's take our last break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all, it's deb and I am so excited that coming in June is the second three session course in our Sacred Summer series. It's entitled Sacred numbers aligning to earthly patterns. Join me and Zarah Renee as we explore the magic and sacredness of numbers, from the spiral of seashells to labyrinths to your house number. Come learn why and how numbers matter in your world. Registration opens Friday, May twenty ninth, and details are on my website, deboen dot com. We so hope you will join us. Thanks so much, everybody.
Speaker 3: Okay, welcome back.
Speaker 1: So do you want to talk a little bit about what we are physically reading, not listening to.
Speaker 2: Sure, I am physically rereading two books. I'm in a kind of place with that at the moment. I'm rereading Shirley Maclean's Out on a Limb, and I'm rereading that because I realized that in doing this podcast and in teaching the courses that I teach, there are times that I take what for me is basic metaphysics one oh one for granted, and I realize that I need another way to conceptualize that and to explain it. And Shirley's book takes me back there to that. Another book I am rereading is by Jan de Blue. Jan's last name is spelled de e b l I e U. And the name of the book is Wind. How the flow of air has aped life, myth and the land. I'm reading a book about wind.
Speaker 3: Let the party start.
Speaker 2: I adore this book.
Speaker 3: No, I'm kidding, No, I know, I'm sure No. Is it like is it ecological? Or is it like earth? Wind? Air fire?
Speaker 2: All of the above? All of the above, all of the above. One of the things that I'm looking for are how wind is viewed and named in cultures around the world. For example, for many years, my vehicle what I drove every day was a Toyota Chinook camper. Do you know where the word chinook comes from. It's a Pacific Northwest word, and it describes a certain kind of wind at a certain time of year in that culture, like a Chiraco for example.
Speaker 1: That reminds me of a book and a movie I love a lot with Johnny Dupp. And remember she follows the north.
Speaker 2: Wind right exactly exactly, Okay, And how wind around the globe has shaped culture. What would have happened had the trade winds gone in the opposite direction, right, there would have been a very different story for this continent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never really thought about any of those things.
Speaker 2: Well, that's kind of what I've been off on a tangent thinking about for the past few days.
Speaker 3: Wind. Okay, I love it, Dub.
Speaker 2: And one more quick thing, and I quite about that, the El Nino and the Pacific which controls hurricanes for us here in the Atlantic. Oh yeah, it's a great thing for us. It's a bad thing for folks over there.
Speaker 1: Oh it is good, Okay, because I just guys, you have no idea what Dub puts me through every summer with hurricane season.
Speaker 3: Well, a lot.
Speaker 2: It is a lot, Samantha.
Speaker 1: Do you have your hurricane preparedness kit ready? Yes, dep I've got the batteries.
Speaker 3: Have you changed? Matter is how old are the batteries? Are they new? Did you check them? Do they work? How many flashlights?
Speaker 2: Do you have your mahogany of city? Yes?
Speaker 1: Do you have I mothogony of city already?
Speaker 2: Yes? I do those things to you.
Speaker 1: Actually, she's like a part time meteorologist from what May to September.
Speaker 2: I tell you why, there's a part of me that would love to have majored in meteorology. A friend of mine's mother was the first woman to graduate with a degree in meteorology from Cornell Wow, you should have been a fly on the wall with my conversations with her.
Speaker 1: Oh, like, cause I've just tried to think, like when people would ask me, oh, what are you working on, and I'd say, oh, I'm researching a book about dreams. Great conversation starter, right, everyone wants to talk about dreams. Magine sitting across the table from this lovely lady, I'm working on a.
Speaker 3: Book about wind.
Speaker 2: It's fascinating.
Speaker 1: It does sound fascinating. I'm just being sassy for no reason, so tell me about that. So I'm very excited about this book i'm reading. I'm slowly making my way through. It's by Edward Wilson Lee. It's called The Grammar of Angels and the subtitle is the life of Renaissance prodigy and his search for a philosophy of everything. So here in the States I could not find this book. I had to order it from England. Just letting everyone know might be a little bit harder if you're in the US to find it, which is sad because it's a really cool book. So I'll just read you what it says. Is there a language so powerful that the speaker can control the listener, taking over their thoughts and even their will. Could man transcend his mortal limitations and join the ranks of the angels? Renaissance prodigy, polymath and uncontested marvel of an age of true wonders, Giovanni Pico della Mirandola believed there was. This is the story of Pico's short but brilliant life and his search for philosophy that would settle the most important questions of human experience. It's a thrilling account of intellectual daring, the willingness to think the unthinkable and peer over the edge of the abyss in search of answers.
Speaker 3: WHOA, Oh, I.
Speaker 1: Know, it's really cool. It's very heavy, I do feel like I'm back.
Speaker 3: In school, but I do like that.
Speaker 2: Speaking of ordering books from England, my sweet friend Clay Are the co author of my last book. I asked her to send me because I couldn't find it in the States, the Unfortune's book, The Magical Battle for Britain that she wrote during World War Two, and she did. She sent it to me, So I've just finished that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely want to borrow that from you, sure, because it's fascinating to me how many books you just can't find anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh you just came.
Speaker 3: Oh, like Deb shared before we were recording that the are we producing Ted Andrews.
Speaker 2: Books lleue Ellen. It's working with them on that. Yeah, thank covers.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited about that because there's some of his old books you can't find. I mean you can on like a books or thrift books or maybe archive dot org. But it's getting harder. So that's fantastic.
Speaker 2: I ordered a copy of Animals Speak for a friend's birthday in April, and ordered it from bookshop dot org, which supports independent bookstores.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: So do you want to talk about before we wrap up? Do you want to talk about some shows we want to do? Maybe hear back from listeners if they like it.
Speaker 3: Sure, okay, I would like to hear it.
Speaker 1: Do you want to do more of the Crystal and the toureaux of the week.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, if that is helpful to folks, we can certainly do that. I don't see why not. We've also been asked to do material on a Sainte and on a Goddess.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I would like to do that too.
Speaker 2: See here's my thing.
Speaker 1: If we do a crystal the month, a tourow of the month, a Saint of the month, a Goddess of the month.
Speaker 3: What that's you know, that's too much. Maybe we should just do a Saint of the month and the Goddess of the month for the summer and see how that goes.
Speaker 2: Try something new. Listen to the old episodes with Tourou and Crystal stuff. If they want to well with you, do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to do a show on these weird billionaire bunkers. I don't know if you want to do that show, because I know how that stuff makes you nervous. I heard that underneath what's it called the ballroom that's being built in DC, the reason why it's costing so much is because there's a bunker underneath there.
Speaker 2: There's a whole thing underneath. I mean it's more than a bunker. Oh yeah, yeah, it's a whole big complex of safety, scurity, safety. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so I just think it'd be cool to la de a deep dive and look at why are these billionaires and leaders all over the world, not just in America building these bunkers.
Speaker 3: What do they know?
Speaker 2: But we've been here before, Samantha, Yeah, at beginning of the atomic age, even people built these things in their backyard, these hidden things in.
Speaker 1: The back but that at least you knew why you were building that. I mean, there was a tangible, real threat we all knew about and could name.
Speaker 3: This one. We don't know.
Speaker 1: There's talk that there's some meteor hitting us in what three years, but we don't know what it is. And so that's why I kind of want to dive into it. But I know you don't like that stuff, so I just wanted to run it past you.
Speaker 2: I don't like it, but you write about it, and I'll see if I'm willing to do it with you. Dun It scares me.
Speaker 3: I know, No, it does scare me too. But that's why I think we need to look at it. I know, dear, I know, what about you? What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 2: You know? And this is entirely further where you're going here. But there's been a lot of I've got a lot of emails and a lot of questions recently about trees and mushrooms and about that web of connectedness that's both real, physical and metaphorical, and what do we do with that?
Speaker 1: Remember that book A listener recommended years and years ago, The Secret Life of trees. Yeah, there's some documentary on the mushrooms, the fungai.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's a whole big thing that I'm just I fell in love with that documentary from the diver who became friends with the octopus and when that octopus patted him on the face.
Speaker 3: My octopus teacher.
Speaker 2: Yes, I burst into tears and I couldn't stop crying. I cried thinking about it. Well, Sally Field and some other folks got a new thing about the octopus and.
Speaker 3: A of a different octopus. It's based on the prediction story.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, I love that notion of how do we communicate with across quote species? Right. I was talking to a friend of my oldest friend, been for instance, of third grade, and we were talking about our cats last night, and he was telling me about some things that were going on with his current cat, and I was explaining to him how Merlin saw the world very differently than that. You know, Merlin had this okay, let's hang out and see what happens attitude, very different than his very skittish cat. What's that about? And how do we communicate with our folks? I mean, you know how you and Lily were, right? Oh? Yeah, so it's not just the folks we live with, or how do we look at folks all around us that we may not even spend much time thinking about.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think we should do it. Put the notes together.
Speaker 1: When you're done with your wind book, you can read your tree books.
Speaker 2: Well, the wind research is for the book I'm currently writing, and there's more to it. And that's just one step of the process.
Speaker 1: I told you I read that fascinating study I'd like to look into and do a show on how scientists were discovering there are places on Earth where people heal two to four times faster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I just think that's so interesting.
Speaker 1: Those doorway places in the world as well, where there's supposed to be portal areas and healing does happen around there. But in the study I was reading, it wasn't just those doorway places or those thin places as they call it. It was anywhere there are bee hives. It was places where there were ancient monasteries. So it wasn't just geographical.
Speaker 2: Locations, but's some kind of residual energy.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yeah, this is where you're going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which takes me to ten thousand doors of January.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, It's still one of.
Speaker 2: My very favorite books ever. I just love that book because the notion of thresholds is just and where the word itself comes from. I mean, we could talk about thresholds in many different ways, couldn't we went to the whole episode in addition to the healing episode. We could do a talk about doorways and thresholds and both physical and metaphorical along the way. That would be a fun talk.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean you and I have both stood in amazing doorways in our travels.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I would like to get back to our book club or remember we would pick a book in the month. I don't think you really liked that, but I think it'd be fun.
Speaker 2: I'm not opposed to it.
Speaker 1: The problem is that you and I pick such different ones we do, and we didn't want to read each other's necessarily. So maybe we could do it one month. You just share a book you're reading and I just go uh huh oh wow and ask you questions.
Speaker 3: On the next month, I do the same.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, And the other issue that I have with doing this is that you know me. I want to go back to one on want I want to look y'all I mean, it's great that you're reading a book that got published last week. Please read mine Is and Memphis. Well there you go, But have you read something from nineteen six? I mean have you I don't know, have you read Ruth Montgomery's biography of Jene Dixon.
Speaker 1: That's something I did want to do. I would like to do shows where we just do little snippets of famous intuitives who have gone before us, instead of the big.
Speaker 3: Deep dives we've done.
Speaker 1: I think it'd be fun to do a show or two and just I'll cover four, you cover four like Meve's Patilla, we need to talk about her and the work she contributed to mediumship and psychic abilities before she left the world, or Janet Nohavak.
Speaker 3: To Laura's canon, Right, would you like to do that?
Speaker 2: Oh? Sure, that'd be fun. Okay, absolutely would be fun. And so really we all stuck with us this far and our time together in this episode is you're really listening to what Samantha and I do A couple of times a year. We always do right before New Year's.
Speaker 3: And again we pick a card.
Speaker 2: We do we do are? We do allreading? And we had this kind of brainstorming ideas, and always the ultimate questions are what are we doing to be of service to you? What are we choosing to speak about that is in some way helpful to you? And then what are we doing to really look at the bigger picture of metaphysics and the psychic world and what our contributions to it might be.
Speaker 3: That's always our hope.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad we got such great feedback from the Banned Bible, like the books kicked out of the Bible show.
Speaker 2: And the Delphi. We've gotten some nice emails show.
Speaker 1: Oh, we got a really cool email about a woman who spent some time visiting Delphi. She told us how to pronounce it in a very nice way, and she gave us some really cool history.
Speaker 3: But I'm going to save it for our upcoming Q and A.
Speaker 2: Right exactly, So we appreciate hearing from you all and Samantha and I way those kind of shows because one thing, those shows take a ton of research and a ton of time. They're not something we just pop off the top of our head. We really do take deep dives into the research for them. So there's a lot of work that goes into those which is fine. I mean, we're happy to do it, but we also want to know is this resonating with you? Is this something you really want? And we're getting some nice feedback that says in died you do, so thank you for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Well I've enjoyed talking to you.
Speaker 2: Well, you too, it was really lovely to actually spend this hour. If you're doing this.
Speaker 3: Well we've been talking for over two hours.
Speaker 2: My golly, we sure have. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm kind of glad our guests didn't show up. Well, not that he didn't show up, he could.
Speaker 1: Maybe I sent him the wrong time, Like I said, time zones not my friend, what.
Speaker 2: You should be my world. Working with one co author five hours ahead and one four hours behind, I'd spend my whole day count on my fingers.
Speaker 1: Youll that's what you gotta get WhatsApp and just text him.
Speaker 2: It's too big.
Speaker 3: It isn't it too big? It's one app.
Speaker 2: I'll show you, okay, Dear, thank you. Here we go, y'all drag me into the modern world, kicking and screaming. Here we got in the meantime. Thank you, Samantha, dear. It was fun.
Speaker 1: It was so fun, And thank you everyone for listening. We hope you have a beautiful, magical, happy week filled with great conversations. Remember, as always, to be the light for yourself and others.
Speaker 2: Take care everybody.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Psychic Teachers, your podcast for seekers, light workers, mystics, and magical thinkers. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review. Wherever you listen to your podcast. For more information, check out our Facebook page Psychic Teachers, or our websites Samantha Fay dot com and Debbowen dot com. Thanks for listening and have a great week.