Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, Welcome to game As Mornings with Me Jeff Greb, your host from giant bomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're gonna be talking about the latest with GTA six and more big time game creators come out in defensive physical games. It's gonna be a good one because we have Rachel Kazer on the show. Rachel, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Hi, Jeff, I have COVID. Oh no, I tested positive for COVID last week.
Speaker 3: How's how's it regardless? You sound all right? Are you recovering?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm on the I'm on the mend uh. For the most part, it's just it's just down to a little bitty bitty cough that right here that won't leave me alone. But last I was telling jan this last week, it was getting so bad that even Dean Takahashi was telling me to stop working and go take a rest.
Speaker 1: Okay, Then then then you know it's bad, like when he against like empathizing and he's like, oh no, all right.
Speaker 2: I thought it was just like a summer cold like I had. I just had a cough, and then I was having really bad headaches, and then the coffee was getting worse, and everyone's like, hey, can you take a COVID test? And I was like, I haven't taken a COVID test in like three years.
Speaker 1: So there's been COVID here in fifty years. Yeah, exactly, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But unfortunately I think I got it at the gym. Like not a flex literal or figurative, but everyone is according to the to my friend at the gym, everyone is coming back from summer trips, summer vacations, and they're bringing all the germs with them.
Speaker 3: Ah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone wants to get back into the gym after gorgeon on vacation and then they're attacking you with that. So yeah, the COVID could still catch the kzer beam. That's the bad news. That's unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's okay, just give me, just give me a week of bed rest and I've got it.
Speaker 1: I'm back on we uh oh okay, yes, you keep getting better. Glad to hear that you're already on the men though. That is fantastic. Let's explain ourselves. We're Giant Bomb. Go to giant bomb dot com, slash join and become a premium member. If you do, you're gonna be supporting independent games media, enabling us to do cool, weird stuff like going on a road trip to the Trees of Mystery in northern California, which we did on a recent trip.
Speaker 3: It was a lot of fun. We got to go out to.
Speaker 1: The Mysterium Game Convention for mist, which is just something we wouldn't be able to do if we weren't like controlling this ourselves with your help. So thank you to everybody who does support us, everybody who supported us back during the bombathon to make that possible.
Speaker 3: Dan is working on the.
Speaker 1: Video log is what I call it. It's called a vlog. It's working on the vlog right now for that, which is going to have a lot of amazing moments. So yeah, thank you again everybody who does support us. If you want to get in on that action, please go to GiantBomb dot com.
Speaker 3: Slash join it.
Speaker 1: Gets you add pre versions of our shows, gets you access to premium exclusive content that includes the upcoming Kat Jurffman, a premium only Blight Club starring Jeriff. He's going to be playing through that on GameCube. We have a handful of episodes recorded. We're gonna get a few more records and then begin handing that out to premium users. We also have this is the run sewer Shark, which continues on. Definitely check that out as well. Then we have a bunch of cool stuff in the works as well.
Speaker 2: Are you roading to see me? I know right is happening soon. I live right next door.
Speaker 1: I definitely, I definitely want to do another road trip. I want to do another one. I have more ideas for how to make it work, how to get the internet better. Like we wanted to stream more from the road, and we did. We had some great streams from the road, but it was really unreliable there on the West Coast with the Verizon thing I was using. It's like, I got some other ideas and then I want to hit some other cities, different parts of the country.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we'll go go to Texas. What the hell?
Speaker 1: As far as this show goes most weekdays, I Jeff Grubb, will help piece get your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting.
Speaker 3: For all these topics.
Speaker 1: I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart.
Speaker 3: You were watching live on twitch Welcome.
Speaker 1: You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Game Mess Mornings, or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the morning Mess with Grand Theft Auto six marketing may finally ramp back up in August.
Speaker 3: This is from Eddie McCoo at GameSpot.
Speaker 1: According to a reputable insider, new information about Rockstar's GTA six could arrive very soon. Nathan Hate, who has accurately reported unannounced details about upcoming games before, recently said he expects to see a fair bit of GTA six in August. He went on to push back against the narrative that just because Rockstar has not marketed GTA six much so far with just a few months to go before launch, that there is some cause for concern. They have a marketing plan and they are sticking to that. No reason for concern, he said, adding that the game is not delayed and we'll launch on time on November nineteenth. Let's let's pause there real quick, Rachel, Rachel, We're not like, is anyone still thinking this game might not come out? I guess there is always that possibility that there could be a delay. I've moved past that, I think after they started really going hard on the pre orders. The idea that they haven't shown us much more is not really registering with me on that front of like, oh, that means there could be a delay. To me, it's always they're just showing us what they think they have to. They don't have to show us anything else. And people are still going to buy this game in absolute droves, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've already bought the game in absolute droves. And yeah, I kind of think maybe Take two is like investing, Like, I know, nothing is coming to mind at the moment, but I'm sure Take two has other ip that are going out in the meantime that I'm sure they want to invest in before GTA six comes along and blitzes the entire market the.
Speaker 3: Way, right, they have to keep that in mind as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so they want to make money. They want to make money for their their quarters before GTA six launches. So it wouldn't surprise me if they're investing what uh you know, what scraps they can in their other IP before GTA because they know they don't have to have a long tail on the GTA six marketing. They can just drop a trailer in the middle of August and everyone will eat it up.
Speaker 3: I'll eat it up.
Speaker 2: I'm not being hypocritical. I'll eat it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is that your expectation We're going to get a trailer in August? Because that's what That's what this seems to imply to me.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that's that's what I've heard. And I don't have like insider as insider resources like like Nate the Hate does, I think, but I that's that's what I've heard, is that when they say summer they mean August.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard way back in like March and April, like, oh, things would start in July, and then the pre order started in very very late June, and then there was no there's been nothing else in July. So I'm like, Okay, what's did that? Did that just mean the pre order thing? Are you gonna get like a big TV marketing campaign? And to be fair, like they've explicitly said like they're going to spend less money on marketing on traditional over the air television and stuff like that. So this is probably gonna manifest in a slightly different way. I don't think that means we don't get a trailer, although they don't need one, Like I feel like they don't need one. They don't need to let people review this game. They don't need to do anything. I still think I still think they will. I think they'll probably let people do this. Think they will have another trailer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they will definitely have a I think I think they are probably maybe going to invest a little bit more in creators, like creator lead marketing before this comes out. That's just that's not based in any like knowledge I have. That's just a subposition. But I think Take two knows enough about the market and knows enough about what side their bread's buttered on that they're going to like, Okay, let's go after the big shots in the GTA community to you know, to get to get a little bit of like boots on the ground or knut boots in their grassroots publicity.
Speaker 1: Take two as kind of intimated previously that that the marketing campaign would begin in summer. You know, pre orders have been opened since June twenty fifth. It doesn't seem like it's been slow at all. It seems like people have been pre ordering this game in quite a huge amount of the game is eighty dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so far, nothing to.
Speaker 1: Me indicates that there's any reason to expect this game won't be as big as everyone is expecting. Like it seems like everything is just kind of lining up that way. Now, we haven't seen anyone play this video game.
Speaker 3: We have not seen that yet. Do you think the next trailer is not legally Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 1: Yes, we've seen some leaks and stuff, seen some like hacks actually, But like when that trailer, that first trailer does come out and or the first trailer, next trailer, when that next trailer does come out, will it be like a full on gameplay trailer or do they just continue.
Speaker 3: Kind of doing what they've been doing and like setting up the world?
Speaker 2: When did the I mean I think in this case, I think that they'll follow the playbook that they had for GTA five. I don't know when the GT five gameplay trailer came out. I know they I know they had one before the game launched in the early in the early marketing stage. I know they put out a gameplay trailer, but I don't remember if it was before or after they released a bunch of cinematic trailers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably, and then you know, and it's been god, how long since that game?
Speaker 3: What did they do? What did they do for?
Speaker 2: I played it? I first played it. I first played it on the Xbox three sixty that's how long.
Speaker 3: It's Yes, God, that's crazy, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I think they I think for Red Dead Redemption two, they released a gameplay trailer I want to say, after they released like at least three cinematic trailers.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think it was pretty late, and it was like in the in like the quarter before the.
Speaker 2: Sprinkle They sprinkle like bits of gameplay in the cinematic trailers, but not enough for it to be a you know, gameplay trailer.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think they will have some gameplay, but I think it'll be limited. I think it'll be sort of a yes, interspersed between more world of setting stuff and like the the cut scenes, which I think they believe shows off best in in advertisements. And then and again, like what do they get out of letting people see more of this game? Because it's not like the people who are going to show up to buy this game on day one, they don't need to see anything. They were going to buy its sight unseen and then if there are people waiting on the sideline, well they were probably not going to get it day one, but once the game's out there and the hype is inescapable, then that could sort of carry it through. I bet, I bet that's what they're mostly thinking here, although who knows that next trailer could come out and be like seven minutes of nothing but gameplay.
Speaker 3: I could be completely wrong, but I.
Speaker 2: Mean it's I'm trying to get in the head of the marketing people here, like what would yeah, like, what do they need to do? Like what is the cadence that they need to do? And I think right now, because everyone is everyone is so just chomping at the bit for GTAs for more news on GTA six. And by the way, regarding the delay, I still occasionally see like these schmucks on TikTok saying something like, hey, GTA six has been delayed purely either because they're rage baiting and you know, courting views from you know, just people being like what GTA six is delayed, or because they are so pessimistic that they believe there's no shot that two will release the or that rock Star will release the game in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: That's that's fun. You always got to appreciate the people out there just running that hustle to ruin everyone else and just to say things that are absolutely not true. Will points out they always do the narrated trailer explaining systems, and I'm remembering that now for a dead Redemption two. So okay, I could very easily see that, like here's the new stuff. You know, maybe that comes out closer to launch or whatever, but yes, I guess I would expect that now when I kind of remember that's the way they've done it, and I'm curious to see what the new systems are going to be. I'm curious to see, like how they try to different differentiate this game, because right now it feels like bigger. It's bigger and more, And yeah, I mean, I think this is still the one game in one developed that when they say bigger and more, that is a back of the box bullet points. Still I think other ones it's like, yeah, I mean, you guys are just gonna fill this more with more of the same crap.
Speaker 3: And maybe that's what's gonna happen here as well. But I still think.
Speaker 2: If you heard that from you be soft, you'd be like, ugh right, you hear it from Rockstar and you're like, oh, that sounds great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just want to like see what that means for rock Stars. We know that they are going to not hold back on spending the required money to really fill that out. So yeah, hey, August, all right, we'll find out more about this game. I'm like halfway between getting excited and still being annoyed about like, ah, man, this game takes up so much of the oxygen in the room. But at this point we're close enough. November is not like some far off land. It's now something I can imagine in my head. All right, let's let's play this game, see what it's all about, and I'm gonna start getting pretty excited about it.
Speaker 2: I'm excited because it feels like there's a lot of nostalgia there for me personally. So yeah, like I said, I play GTAs five back on the Xbox three sixty and I remember I wasn't really allowed to play GTA until like four, and then I then I played that on I think one of my cousins with on one of their systems. So then so GTA five was kind of like my first big girl Grand Theft Auto. So yeah, I've definitely gi Yeah, there is some mystery there.
Speaker 1: I'm the nostalgia is definitely for me, like it's a whole other part of my life. And I've told the story before about like going to a friend's house and like not going basically like just living at this friend's house and they had Grand Theft Auto three and we'd always have people over every night. It's Ohio, there's like just a constant house party happening and just passing the controller back and forth and playing Grand Theft Auto three for for weeks at a time, and it's like, yeah, that to me, I think that was a lot of power. A lot of people experienced that game, and that's how I still want to experience these games. I want to kind of sit down and have fun. And that's what's great about streaming now you can kind of have that same feeling.
Speaker 3: All right, So let's keep going here.
Speaker 1: Final Fantasy seven revel director says he's working on arranging some kind of physical edition, but can't confirm the details. This is from Chris Scullion at VGC, the director of Final Fantasy seven Revelation.
Speaker 3: The third Entry in.
Speaker 1: The Final Fantasy seven remake, says talks are in progress for a physical release of the game, he just can't provide details on what that would entail yet. While Sony has confirmed that it will stop making discs for new PlayStation games as of January twenty eighth, Rockstar's decision to release Grand Theft Out of Six as a code in a box has led to some wondering whether other major publishers will follow suit. Speaking at the Final Fantasy fourteen fan Festival in Berlin, Final Fantasy seven Revelation director n Aoki Hamagucci told games Radar he was working on securing a physical release of the game, but couldn't confirm exactly what that would entail. We're still having internal discussions on what at the exact SKEW product lineup is going to be for Revelation, so I can't say anything particularly definitive at this point in time, but I am working to make the arrangements to allow us to have some kind of physical edition. Hamakuchi explain that every company has its own terms regarding physical releases, and this is currently what's being discussed with platform holders. Obviously, say if you're talking to Nintendo there's considerations about the storage limits and on key cards and things like that, and then other platforms about how much you can put onto a disc. Each platform and first party have their own specific rules and regulations that we need to take into account. He does go on later in the interview to say it would be a shame if physical release is stopped, even though consumer trends suggest it maybe heading in that direction at some point. I do feel, as a developer and as a fan that the general trend is for things to shift away from physical towards downloadable games. That's obviously talking about the trend personally here at something like FanFest or community events for games that I've worked on. I really think that people bringing up things asking for autographs.
Speaker 3: I think that's lovely.
Speaker 1: I think it's a wonderful culture and it would be a shame to lose that. I want that to remain. Basically, he still wants to be able to sign the discs. Yeah, I okay, Yeah, we should have been expecting a physical edition of Final Fantasy seven Revelation.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because it's coming out. It's coming out on twenty twenty seven, and they're not stopping releasing physical discs. Until twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 3: January twenty twenty eight, was it, Yes, ten.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight, that's what they said. So yeah, I mean that's not a surprise, I guess, but you.
Speaker 3: Would hope so, right.
Speaker 1: But I mean the fact that we're clarifying, I guess as a reminder of just where we're at with this still where it's like people I think people are expecting more of these companies to not just to be like well, PlayStation's stopping discs, but to be like rock Stars, not putting Grand Theft Auto six out on a disc.
Speaker 3: Who's the next company that is going to follow suit?
Speaker 1: And you know, I think there's still this wait and see for the people in the industry that maybe want things to go that way faster of like we kind of have to wait and see what this means for Grand Theft Auto six.
Speaker 3: It's probably not going to mean.
Speaker 1: Much they're but I think if you if you are, if you're not Take two and you're not Rockstar, are you, probably you're probably right to not even be considering this yet.
Speaker 3: And then there is this contingency.
Speaker 1: Of like people inside of these studios like Hamaguchi, who right, uh no, I really like this still and I'm making the efforts personally to make sure that we can have the best physical versions, or at least, you know, respectable phys physical versions of these games out on all platforms. But I think he does bring up an interesting point of like some of the headaches involved with trying to get a game like this out on physical media, of like, yeah, it's not just all right, we were done with the game, print it onto disc and everyone can go home. It's like, okay, how much space do we have on the PlayStation version? All right, that's pretty good. The Xbox version is gonna have a little bit less space that disc. Can we actually fit the whole game on there? So what are we actually going to include? What are we gonna make downloadable? And then on the switch, if we do try to include some stuff on the physical card, you're still gonna have to download stuff, and then that's gonna cost us a ton of money to put it on this sixty four gigabyte card that is way more expensive than their disc. So then do we put it on the game key card? People are gonna still hate that and not want to buy that. But you know, we kind of explained before that it helps with our technology actually, so we want you to install the game. Anyhow, there's all of these headaches and hoops to walk through and sort of challenges to overcome, and you could see you can begin to see why these companies are like, let's get past this ship.
Speaker 3: We hate these discs.
Speaker 1: And it's like, yeah, I don't know, you kind of feel like every every business, every industry has stuff that causes headaches. Just deal with it because this is kind of still something that we need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think the way companies are kind of rationalizing it is that I think they're of the mindset that, you know, the people, even no matter how vocal gamers are about liking physical media, if they don't actually buy physical media, then they're then you know, talk is cheap. So I I and I can understand that from a business perspective, but I also understand it from the consumer perspective of well, if it's digital, then it I have no like owner ship over this item. I don't have any there. It can be taken away from me at any time, which is another like pain point for the consumer that we've talked about before. And yeah, I can I can see where there's a disconnect there, But I what I think is probably going to happen is that even if PlayStation doesn't put out a you know, a PlayStation that supports to physical media, somebody will, you know, if not Sony, then somebody will make a USB attachment, a USB disc drive attachment, and they'll start putting out like special edition discs that cost like seven hundred dollars or something and come with a bunch of like come with a statuet or something like in the good old days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, like I hope we can get to that point. That would be nice because I mean that stuff would still have to work with Sony's authentication and and DRM stuff, but it's like, okay, yeah, then then Sony just give the like work with limited run games and all these other companies that print stuff to like let them go out there and find a parttner that can produce the discs that can then be authenticated and just like make sure that they still have a pathway to do that, because the DRM is going to be the problem with that side of things. And if so, if Sony just says no or says this isn't worth our time, it won't happen at all. Which was like like I think it's the position that most people assume Sony is taking right now, because when they brought up getting rid of disks, there was no mention of and here's how your discs are going to work in the future that you already own.
Speaker 3: It's right, that is still a big question mark.
Speaker 1: And I think the fact that it's a big question mark most people assume the worst case scenario, and I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, that's completely fair. I totally understand that. That's why. That's why I was kind of thinking. And by the way, when I say a third party, I'm not suggesting somebody is going to do it like illegally or something like that. What I mean is that I think I think Sony would probably be especially okay with it if another company underwrote the costs.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, Yes, that that would have to be the case.
Speaker 1: So but whether or not they're going to like like, let people use.
Speaker 3: That DRM, that'll be the big question. So wait to see, right. Splatoon Raiders launches huge in Japan.
Speaker 1: Splatoon Raiders opened with an estimated four hundred and seventy four thousand, six hundred and eighty four copies sold, and that's just physical.
Speaker 3: In Japan alone.
Speaker 1: In its first week that ended July twenty six, it was by far the week's biggest release.
Speaker 3: We've kind of had this story a.
Speaker 1: Bunch of times now with these Nintendo these smaller Nintendo games, where it's like, hey, what are the big Nintendo games. Well, it turns out they were the friends we made along the way in Rhythm Heaven Groove and Tomodachi Life. And this so Splatoon Raiders at nearly five hundred thousand copies sold in a week, puts it right behind Rhythm Heaven Groove, which sold another around eighty thousand copies in a week. That's up to six hundred and seventy five thousand copies total. Again, this is all just physical and just Japan, and Tomodachi Life is now at one point five million lifetime, just physical and in Japan only. So yeah, very well done over there, Splatoon Raiders. Obviously, we know Splatoon hugely popular in Japan, you know worldwide it is it has this you know, grand appeal.
Speaker 3: And we also saw like a metacritic I think I talked about on the show yesterday. Rachel.
Speaker 1: You see this where it's in the top ten for the highest rated user score ever on Metacritic.
Speaker 3: I mean fans are showing us yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a good premise. I'm I mean when I see those numbers, all I'm like is yay, I'm happy for them because that's a that's that's just a that's a fun game to be to be, to be a good seller. I'm I feel like the market is proving it is proving that it has good taste there.
Speaker 3: Yep, absolutely, it's it is notable.
Speaker 1: It's like every it feels like every time one of these fifty dollars Nintendo games launch in the last several months, especially this summer, they are finding an audience in Japan, and that audience is buying around a half million physical copies in that first week. And then you compair of that to like that Piscatella a little factoid about the United States where it's like there's only like seven games that have sold more than one hundred thousand copies. I might be wrong about those specific numbers everybody, but it's something along those lines.
Speaker 3: This year.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh man, okay, is that just like Japan just into physical games?
Speaker 3: Morees?
Speaker 1: Are they just getting hit like more square in the target by the games that are launching on switch to in this moment does feel like it's a little bit of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think it's a little bit of both. Honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that when I look at this, it's like, oh, I don't think Nintendo is going to get rid of of a physical anytime soon. I think that they are happy to continue serving that audience. And they really, you know, the fact that they did not give into like going all crazy with free to play stuff when that was like a first first becoming a thing, and loot boxes and all this other stuff, and it's like, obviously Nintendo's not going to do that, And I don't think it was always obvious, but the fact that they have usually like avoided these trends and kept just doing stuff the Nintendo way do just kind of say to me they will keep doing that into the future, because I think they just like, whatever the rest of the noise that is happening in the industry is kind of has nothing to do with us. We're gonna just keep releasing games our way, and we have an audience, and that audience keeps showing up, and it feels like, if anything, that audience keeps growing, and now they're hitting like probably like multiple generations of people who are into Splatoon in Japan and and and then like globally we show up for these games as well, Right, Yeah, I think we do.
Speaker 2: I think I think Nintendo still like primarily targets a Japanese audience and everyone else just kind of falls in line. And I think that's that's that seems to be pretty smart. Yeah, work, Yeah, I mean they're not. They're not courting us, like as in you and me, the you know JOQ American gamer.
Speaker 1: Don't.
Speaker 2: They don't. They're not courting us. They know that, you know, we grew up with their products. We're gonna buy them, you know, regardless. So yeah, I don't, I don't. I think I don't think they are gonna have a problem with like, you know, the sales of physical media dropping off, because they they know what their audience wants and clearly clearly this is a strategy that's paying off for them.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just get some breaking news about NVD GPU prices. We're gonna, uh, we're gonna take a break and when we come back, we'll hit that and the rest of the headlines. A bunch of fun stuff happening in this industry constantly. Uh, if you want to skip out on these ad messages, you can do so. We put up ad free versions of the show for premium users. Still go to giant bomb dot com slash join and you can get them there.
Speaker 3: We will be right back.
Speaker 2: Okay, we pull up the news.
Speaker 1: All right, we are back. It's Game mess Mornings. I'm Jeff Grubb. That's Rachel Kaserbeam Kaser. We are gonna keep going here with the headlines. As I mentioned before the break, Yeah, the hardware price crisis seems to continue to spread and grow in Nvidia is reportedly imposing another major price increase on the GPU and memory packages it sells to graphics cards manufacturers.
Speaker 3: So it's like, you know, they may.
Speaker 1: Make the chips and they send this off to I was gonna say EVGA, but I think they specifically stopped making GPUs because they saw this coming. Taiwan's Economic Daily News puts the increase at twenty to thirty percent, potentially making this in Vidia's third significant pricing adjustment of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Nvidia has not announced that.
Speaker 1: Every g Force card's retail price will immediately rise by thirty percent, so the reported increase applies to the bundled GPU gets purchased by board partners such as as MSI and Gigabyte. So the expectation here should be that like those companies therefore will have to raise the prices on their own, separate.
Speaker 3: From what Nvidia is selling to them.
Speaker 1: We're pointing out that in Vidia is not the only one raising the price of chips in this moment. Qualcomm in firms double digit increases in beginning September first for its mobile chips, so across the board and every aspect. Uh, you know, RAM and Storage are raising costs, and especially RAM when it comes to this stuff.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean we were already paying a lot.
Speaker 1: I think we saw several price increases already for GPUs, for computer components, for consoles, for everything, for handhelds, and I think we're like, we're not even like through those price increases yet. The new right, August first is when the price increase happens for like Xbox, I think, and and even like Switch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I think it was.
Speaker 2: I think it's August when the when the switch to pricing.
Speaker 1: I think it's August, right, So we haven't even those haven't even happened yet. And we're already getting signs that further price increases are coming, and so I think what by Yeah, I feel.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like August is when we're also going to get news about the Zelda remake.
Speaker 3: After the price goes up.
Speaker 1: I think I think you might be onto something where it's like they are holding some of that stuff back to like change the conversation back to the games you can't miss out on and ockerat of time.
Speaker 3: Obviously they think that is one of those.
Speaker 2: A grid of tinnery, That's what I was talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but by the way, I'm leaning over this way because it looks like the way the layout looks like on the on the stream, I look like I'm whispering in your ears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, perfect, I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I think we get more price increases in the first half of next year, like from all these like as the stuff trickles down, I think Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all raise their prices again.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Probably it wouldn't. It wouldn't surprise me. And it's it's it's it's becoming I I honestly kind of think that this is going to mean that the next generation of consoles is just going to be just gone. It's well, not a thing, they'll never come out, But I think they're generally going to be either they're going to have to radically rethink what they are and what they're capable of, or we're not going to get them into like twenty twenty nine. Yeah, that's kind of what I'm afraid of. And like we'll talk about I think this more in a minute when we talk about the Xbox stuff, because I have thoughts about everything that's been happening over at Microsoft and Xbox. But yeah, I mean, I think it's getting to the point now where I don't even know if we can sell, we can reasonably sell video game consoles as a luxury item. Like it's it's so far beyond luxury at this point. It's like buying a five thousand dollars perse It's like, what the what's the point of spending all that money on something that you know you're not something? So, you know, what's the point of spending that much on something so utilitarian? What could possibly drive the price up to that amount?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was word like like I didn't see what it was. Like, I think there's a new version of the thirty fifty, the RTX thirty fifty that has four gigabytes of video memory, which is everyone's like, hey, we have I thought we moved past this, like everyone knows. Ye, wait, that's not nearly enough, not on this day and age, No, not at all. This is yeah, I think when we're kind of looking around and trying to figure out what happens next here other than price increases for the stuff that we already see on the store shelves, which does feel again inevitable after the ones that we're going through right in this moment. Yeah, when we start talking about what does next gen look like? I mean, I if I'm at one of these companies, I am trying to figure out a way to make it make the most sense possible. And I do think that means like if you're if you're Sony, which maybe is the most interesting one because they're the ones that have the most momentum while also having to deal with like high end fidelity, expensive hardware because they did not they've never really stepped away from that. They always have been on the cutting edge, with the exception of like the PS four, which was very successful for them. It's kind of maybe you should repeat that the PS four was a bunch of like crappy parts taking off the shelf, and then all right, PS five, we're back at it with an expensive SSD and all this stuff, and you know it's the PS fives way better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's give you an astrobot game just so we can show off all the internal hardware here exactly.
Speaker 1: And the PS five is is way better. But it's like, okay, well it's way better. It should be able to last longer than the PS four did, and the PS four law lasted a very long time. So if I'm Sony in this situation and I was already planning a handheld, maybe the PS six is mostly just the handheld, because then you can sort of scale the power to sort of be more in line with the PS five and kind of communicate to developers, to your teams, this is the amount of power we're going to have. Because we just in no way want to deprecate the PlayStation five. We need to keep that audience going because they are going to stick with that console far longer than they've ever stuck with the PlayStation before, because they just simply will not have the money to upgrade to a PS six. What we're going to charge for a home PS six and they seem to have that option, And.
Speaker 2: I would honestly call that a smart business move if I were if I were them, if I were in charge of Sony, That's probably what I would be seriously considering right about now, because I'm kind of afraid the AI bubble is not going to burst as fast as we're all maybe thinking it. We all maybe thought it would like this time last year. Even I think it's just going to keep growing and growing and growing, and then it's going to be a lot longer than we think before it bursts. And if that's the case, then these prices are only going to keep going up. Yeah, the video has no reason to not raise the prices at this point.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, I mean the competition for their compute power from the AI bubble is something that they won't ignore that they couldn't ignore it, but they wouldn't ignore it either. They're happy to choose that instead, and that means giving, Like, just giving some of the resources that you have to the video game industry is kind of a hassle at this point, so you've got to just charge them more to make it worth more your time.
Speaker 3: It sucks, it's.
Speaker 1: Awful, and it's a bubble, so it's like we're gonna like when it bursts and it all goes sideways. It's not like suddenly we get all that compute back, Like that stuff is just going to kind of like have to be transferred back to gaming. That's going to be a hassle as well. It'll take you years for the stuff to stabilize once we get to that point.
Speaker 2: And I'm happy that we've got things like the Steam Deck and god, I hope the Steam Machine soon. Pardon just because I mean the first people who were priced out of it were like the PC gamers who like building their own rakes. Yeah, yeah, I can't afford to do that now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right then the Steam Machine, which you know I've been using recently. It's been great, but I continue go like, this is so handy, so nice, and who do you recommend it to?
Speaker 3: How do you tell people that it's worth the price? It's it's just not But okay.
Speaker 1: The the other side of this is like, yeah, people point out, like can have one thousand dollars PS six handheld like compete in the market. That also feels dead on arrival, and I think I'm yeah, I don't maybe, but that's not really the point. The point is that they need to do everything they can to sort of flatten the curve of graphical fidelity increasing and they need to like make it clear to their teams that you should still be making games for the PS five first. And so, yeah, for a long time now, it's been like my idea here is I think there is a PS six. I think there's this PS six handout, and then I think there is a PS six light, which is just a reconfigured PlayStation five with some other small.
Speaker 3: Upgrades so that that could still be like the.
Speaker 1: Anchor console that holds the gaming production sort of down, so that no one feels like they have to have the biggest hardware or the biggest and best hardware to.
Speaker 3: Like get their game running.
Speaker 1: You need to make sure it's running on this stuff, because we are going to be supporting the PS five, and you can put that version on the PS five as well, with some reductions here and there, probably not many, because that maybe should just be your lead platform for the next seven years.
Speaker 3: Like the game the.
Speaker 1: Console is already pretty old, like it's sort of like a fifteen year.
Speaker 2: Life that god, I would hope, So but actually, I mean again, we're gonna talk about this more in a minute, because I know we got an Xbox story coming up. But I think, do you think that if that was the way they went, I mean, I traditional, like the major players are so high bound to this, like very I think kind of archaic way of releasing consoles. It's like, Okay, it's time for the PS five, now it's time for the PS six. It's like five point five maybe handheld five point five in between, Like I would you release the big like the big PS six first and then the handheld or the handheld and then the big PS six like hypothetically speaking, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Guess, I don't know. I think.
Speaker 1: I think they would probably try to bundle like package as much together like and presented as one line as possible so that they can give people the option. But I think it'll be very clear, like what PlayStation prefers you get by like the pricing and all that stuff. So I think like they will emphasize I think the handheld. I think that is like the biggest differentiating factor. Right The PS six was going to be a hard sell anyhow, because games already look fantastic and you don't have to, like, there's just not much holding them back anymore more in terms of being able to put it like the things that are holding back games, I always say, it's it's time and money. Now it's no longer the silicon side and side of these these pieces of hardware, and you know it's okay. Well at that point that means you get to the situation where you're spending two hundred and fifty three hundred million dollars on games like they are, I don't think they want to keep pushing in that direction. So yeah, I think they focus on the handheld because the handheld could be this thing where it's like, here is a new way to play the games you already love and doesn't look amazing, and we kind of know that there's.
Speaker 3: An untapped audience.
Speaker 1: That was like that is there, Like the way that the PlayStation Portal has sold clearly that there's that that audience is there. So I think I think PlayStation will emphasize the handheld.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think Portal was kind of a like like a like the first shot yeah on that as well. I think I think because it did so well, I think that is a handheld is more likely to be part of their lineup going forward.
Speaker 3: Yep. But yeah, I think like they will.
Speaker 1: Take what they've done with the PS five Pro and sort of sort of like parlay that into a steady transition into this next generation and kind of like, yeah, the PS five Pro should give them another seven or eight years of support. Here, it's just like most people when they buy one these PlayStations. Most people buy standard PlayStation four, most people buy standard PlayStation five, and then there's like a much smaller audience that has the Pro. But you know, that just means that they can maybe lower the price to the Pro or make it look a lower price by making the prices for PS six stuff that much more. And so if you're looking for the affordable option eventually that it might just be the PS five Pro, which I think we'll get rebranded into a PS six Light In many ways.
Speaker 2: That would make sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, all right, let's see here.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're saying we got that. Let's talk about Xbox audiences grew. Yeah, it's audience grew, but it's business did not. This is from Chris Scoian at VGC. Xbox CEO Asha Sharma says it expects to turn to growth by this time. Next year, and it's nice to want things. Microsoft posted its financial reports for the last quarter on Wednesday, stating that while the company as a whole was seeing continued growth with revenue and operating income both up eighteen percent, the Xbox division was instead seeing reduced revenues. According to its Q four fiscal year twenty twenty six results, which cover the period from April first to June thirtieth, twenty twenty six, Xbox content and services revenue declined ten percent compared to the same quarter the same Q four results from last year. Xbox hardware revenue also declined, according to Microsoft, with a thirteen percent drop compared to Q four fiscal year twenty twenty five. This has been a recurring situation for Xbox throughout the past financial year. Microsoft's Q three earnings report showed that Xbox Content and Services revenue was down five percent and that hardware revenue was down thirty three percent, and Q two earnings results also showed year on year decline of basically everything else. They they've kind of been and going down since Q like one of three years ago. It's been consistently down, you know, ten to thirty percent every quarter. During Microsoft's presentation, though Microsoft CEO Sati Nadella referred to Xbox declined, stating that the company was in the process of undertaking the reset mentioned by Sharma in the past. When it comes to Xbox, we are making the necessary decisions required across our content portfolio, platform and operations to reset the business for long term growth. We have the best ip in the industry and talented studios around the world, and believe we can bring these strengths together and expect to return the business to growth in fiscal twenty twenty seven. They don't. They don't really say what, like how they get to that point. I mean, I think they're implying that will grow because we'll have fewer people to pay because we're cutting a bunch of jobs, and we'll keep making the same amount of money, which is like, will you because it looks they're gonna make less money based on the trender on and the cost of the console and all this other stuff.
Speaker 3: What is the plan here.
Speaker 2: Jeff, That's what I'm kind of wondering. It's like why. I remember when they were doing the whole like talking about the reset, and Asha Sharma said something like, don't worry, We're still invested in Helix, our next gen console, and I'm like, part of my language, but I'm like, who gives a fuck about healing? Three thousand people are losing their jobs and why are you investing? And correct me if I'm wrong, But I feel like this is probably a studio that would probably benefit even more from going for the whole, Like, well, we're going to invest more in the series lineup, and in the meantime, here's a cool Xbox branded handheld that costs much less to make.
Speaker 1: Right if they could, like they could keep working on it seemed like they were working on that side of things.
Speaker 3: They had the Asus Roger ally that.
Speaker 1: They kind of did in partnership, and then there was always the word that they were working on their own to sort of go in conjunction with that, and then that got shelved or something.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, what, like what is the plan over there? I don't know, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I'm I mean, I don't I don't know what is going to happen. I understand some of the things. I understand, like studios going independent or getting bought out. That's the best case scenario in my mind. I mean, it sucks that double Fine still had to lay people off. I mean, I don't want any I wish nobody had to get lay laid off. But twenty three people getting laid off because the studio went independent versus three thousand people getting laid off because Xbox is resetting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and it's like, you know, those those jobs, all those jobs were lost once when Xbox decided to stop paying them. The fact that they were saved at all by the student it's like, you know, it is flipped. It's like double Fine saved whatever jobs trolling them, Yes, exactly, yes, So it's it's frustrating. This two hundred million, Okay, I just don't get like why, like they gained two hundred million new users. I don't know what that is from. I've tried to figure out, like if they've d where these people are, where they're coming from.
Speaker 3: Are they.
Speaker 2: Report again, I don't know. Maybe yeah, I mean that's my first thought is they're talking about people who like maybe had like a free sign up to Xbox Game Pass. It's like, hey, have a free month of Xbox Game Pass on us, probably like King right and just never yeah yeah, yeah, King, King King and Mojang definitely the ones that Ashra Sharma is now personally overseeing because those are those are the favorite, those are the favorite children. Yep, understandably, so those are those are very successful children of course. So yeah, so I understand that. But that's yeah, I have no idea what she means by that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think chat is speculating that it's all just Twitter engagement, is what they're like, Like, it's just like putting a post on on Twitter and two hundred million new users of Xbox Twitter posts.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, is that?
Speaker 2: I do think it was. I do think it was probably like a lot of the promotion for Xbox Game Pass probably attracted a lot of curious people, but I don't think stuck around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, and it's not two hundred million.
Speaker 2: For just Xbox stuff like no, yeah, I really don't think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So uh okay, just just saying things, uh man, because co pilot told you so, right, that's almost certainly what happened here.
Speaker 3: Like always just pick a pick a number.
Speaker 1: Here's here's some data I found that shows there's two hundred million people that looked at whatever. And then she just wrote that down and said it uh to t Satsia, No, that was charma that said that.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's keep going here. EA CEO, which.
Speaker 1: Is a great way to start any sentence, got a huge pay increase while company laid off developers. This is from Blair Marnell at GameSpot And if that like sounds rough, don't worry. The specifics are worse when Saudi Arabia is leveraged buyout of Electronic Arts is finalized. Another great way to start a sentence. The newly private company won't have to release any financial documents to the public. In the meantime, EA's latest financial disclosure has revealed that CEO Andrew Wilson received a massive that this story actually good spells this or mimis states this a massive thirty million increasing his compensation this year. It's actually he got an increase of eight million. He was at thirty million, it went up to thirty eight million. A double checked on this, and he wasn't the only EA executive to reap the rewards. Per EA's report filed with the Security and Exchange Commission, Wilson's composition package in the previously be a rose by yeh eight million. That total includes bonus payments and stock options. The report also notes that Wilson's thirty eight million payout has a three hundred and five to one ratio to the average pay of an employee at EA.
Speaker 3: God damn it.
Speaker 1: Another eye opening fact and covered the report that the report notes that Wilson only flies on private planes rather than commercial airliners, including for personal use, and.
Speaker 3: EA has to pay for that.
Speaker 1: There's a list here of other executives that have their compensation. President of EA Entertainment, Laura meel It makes thirteen point seven million.
Speaker 3: Blah.
Speaker 1: Point is a lot of these people are getting big bonuses or big increases to their pay. And why why are they getting increases to their pay?
Speaker 3: Rachel?
Speaker 1: Okay, So they're getting it because a lot of their bonuses were tied to the performance of Battlefield, and that game had to meet certain measurements and if it did, these people would make more money. And then what happened to many people who worked on Battlefield at the exact same time this was happening.
Speaker 3: They got laid off. They are jobs.
Speaker 1: Got what I You don't have to make it look like a complete clown show. You don't have to make it look as terrible as possible. This is the thing that makes people hate.
Speaker 2: Yet oh to be so to be rich enough to not care about optics.
Speaker 1: Right exactly, Yes, And to be running into the arms of your private owner in Saudi Arabia because yeah, you're not gonna have to report this stuff anymore. And and yes, the optics really won't matter because now it's Saudi Arabia's problem. They're worried about their optics more than you are worried about yours. And you're gonna get your big pay day. Probably can invest and get out of there in a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if, like EA CEO Andrew Wilson steps down. Is a story that we hear sometime in the next two.
Speaker 3: Years without a doubt, like yes, as soon as he can.
Speaker 1: Like the Yeah, the acquisition will almost certainly have some sort of language in there about a transition period about vesting those options, and then once that's up, it will be instantaneous, like a lot of it. You'll see a wave of these people leaving because why would they why would they stay?
Speaker 2: Well, and the whole the plane thing, by the way, I'm like, well, first of all, I don't understand, like where is he going that he needs a private jet to fly that much. And also, and why is he a paying for it? I mean you pay I mean, you pay somebody a salary like that. He can get his own goddamn plane.
Speaker 1: And he's like Australian, right, so he's probably flying back home, like visits the family or whatever.
Speaker 3: Maybe not, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Listen, I would also listen, I would also fly to all of the world's beautiful vacation spots as often as I could if I was paid that.
Speaker 3: Amount saying for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I would not do so at the expense of everyone else's jobs.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I know it's easy for me to say that, you know, because I'm you know, I'm a brokeye over here, but I'm not. You know, It's easy for me to say that because I'm not in that position. But I mean it's also it's also I can also say that this is morally repugnant to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly this, And yes, ver Textbable points out a lot this is a common practice for CEOs. It's part of their compensation package. Often, it's just very occasionally we get it illustrated in such a terrible way here where it's like, man, this is happening simultaneously with you getting paid more and you're cutting jobs, and the reason you got paid more is the people who whose jobs you cut they did a really good job. Like that's just what happened here. That's literally what happened. Holy shit, that sucks.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Could we also not like use that? Could that be? Like for everyone at EA?
Speaker 3: That would be?
Speaker 2: That would make me feel a little bit better about it, Like, you know, you.
Speaker 3: Got to everyone gets one day with it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know it's like, hey, Andrew's not using this plane for a day. It's like, do somebody does somebody have to go visit their family over in Taiwan or something. Somebody jump in the plane.
Speaker 1: Let's go h Capcom says the likelihood of a Pragmata sequel is high. This is from Liam Dulan at Nintendo Life. It's still early days for Capcom's new IP, Pragmata, but it seems the future is bright after the title sold over two point five million units since launching in April. The team has already touched on the idea of a sequel, and now an update has been shared alongside the company's latest financial resorts results.
Speaker 3: Excuse me. As reported by Bloomberg.
Speaker 1: Capcom's corporate officer, Yoshi's Yoshi Kazu shima Uchi Shimuchi There we Go confirms the likelihood of a sequel is high. And I think everyone's kind of feeling that way because the game just sort of popped off immediately and everyone got it reviewed well and has been selling well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's a good it's a solid game. So I would finally some good news in this in this report, I would not be I would not be mad if Pragmata turned into a recurring IP. I think it there's a possibility it could be milked a little bit, you know, more than necessary. But right now, right now, this is an optimistic this is this is a this is a good report.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I think we can like sort of like trust a Capcom right now. They seem to have a good handle on like how to use their IP to best effect. All right, let's hit these last few stories here pretty quickly. Nexus Mods wants to uh once mod installation to become spotify easy.
Speaker 3: Uh if people have not used.
Speaker 1: Nexus mods, if you've seen people install like a million mods for Skyrim or something like that, you're like, some of these aren't on the bethes, the mod store thing, it's like, yeah, they're all they're getting them all from Nexus Mods. It's this huge repository for creators to upload their mods or for people to download them. And it already has this like I think it's called Vortex, Yeah, the Vork Vortex Mod Manager, which yes, and that helps like deal with a lot of times. As they point out here, Uh, mods have dependencies and and there's a setup, validation, conflict management, change deployment, version, maintenance, and Vortex does some of that.
Speaker 3: I think they're trying to get it to a point where.
Speaker 1: It's like yeah, but you still have to like see the back end a little bit and see like the file names or whatever, and that might scare some people. And they're trying to make it like hey, just a one button press now there is I have such like Steam Steam Mods does that, but yeah, Steam can't have all the copyrighted stuff that Nexus Mods can.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I feel like such a like such a like old like such an old fogie right now because I'm like I'm kind of in like you know, it's kind of like a MySpace versus Facebook kind of thing for me because I'm like, oh, back in my day. Back in my day, we installed all and then if we had conflict management, we just deleted mods until we figured out what the problem was.
Speaker 3: Uh huh exactly. Yeah, listen, were about.
Speaker 2: To go into our gameplay files, and we knew how to edit the mods so that they, you know, we knew how to you know, find the right file that was corrupting our save and we knew how to we you were putting video game all Yeah, we had to do it all by ourselves. Like I remembered my first sixty sky Rim mods and my first one hundred dragon Age mods. Dragon Age was what started me on modding. But yeah, I remember, like, you know, just loading up Skyrim with all of my mods for the first time and just having it be like moving at the speed of glaciers.
Speaker 3: Yep. Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think that makes you an old fogey. Mike Manatti is the mod old fogy who's just like that, doesn't that's not what the game company wants me to do.
Speaker 3: I don't want to. I don't want to do something that the.
Speaker 1: Corporation says is not okay, So you're you're in the clear here, all right.
Speaker 3: Last couple Mike called out, Oh well.
Speaker 1: Every Time Kroc two Kingdom of the Gobos remaster announced from This is from Salamono Kamatsu. Basically just they're doing what they did for Kroc one.
Speaker 3: For Kroc two.
Speaker 1: They will have the Kroc two Pedia, which features original design documentation, marketing and promotional material, animation tests, galleries of cut models, levels and objects, and interviews with the original developers and the remaster team.
Speaker 3: I'm into it.
Speaker 1: I think one is like a weird time capsule game that didn't hit with me at the time, and then going back to it, it's like, oh, this is weird, but they kind of add the direct controls to it, so it's oh, interesting, this is kind of what they would have done if they knew at the time.
Speaker 3: So I'll check it out. And then Thimbleweed Park two has been announced. Let's see here.
Speaker 1: Ron Gilbert is back, Gary Winnick is back, and they're targeting twenty twenty eight for this point and click sequel.
Speaker 3: So very cool.
Speaker 2: It's all right, sounds awesome to me. Both Both of those sound great to me exactly.
Speaker 3: The couple updates.
Speaker 1: Today's Zeno Blake Chronicles two Nintendo Switch To edition is fully out. Zena Blake Chronicles definitive edition for the first game is going to get its standalone and physical release today for tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Is there anything? Not much?
Speaker 1: Hoyo Versus Genshin Impact Version seven point zero ever Winter Without Mercy Special program airs from eight to nine pm Eastern Time, So all you Hoyo verse maniacs out there, I'll get into it.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: That does it for the headlines. Let's start wrapping up the show. We have a poll question from yesterday. Let's go ahead and get the freshest results from here. Are you planning or are you playing? Excuse me Splatoon Raiders boo, yeah, which is yes or no?
Speaker 3: And I am playing it?
Speaker 1: Twenty five percent of people twenty six excuse me percent of responded said yes they are playing this game. Seventy four percent said no. It's a pretty decent result for this fifty dollars sort of spin off of Splatoon, and again we know how well it's doing in Japan.
Speaker 3: Right, Is this is this one you've checked out? I think you said you might have played it. I can't remember I played.
Speaker 2: Was it a demo that I played?
Speaker 3: Okay? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Was there there was a demo?
Speaker 3: Was there?
Speaker 2: I'm not tripping right.
Speaker 3: I think was there like a there might have been I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you might have played at a previewed event or something like that.
Speaker 3: There is I think that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Splatoon Raiders is one that I'm getting more into.
Speaker 2: There was a demo. I just looked it up and I'm like, yep, it was definitely the demo.
Speaker 3: Excellent, Okay, very cool. Yep.
Speaker 1: Splatoon Raiders is one I'm gonna keep playing for sure. We have a new poll question, though, we'll get to it here in a second. Before we do that, Rachel, why don't you tell people where they can find you on the internet what you have going on all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: You can find my written work at gamespeed dot com and where I am currently. I've just put out my latest edition of boss Mode, which is my series of interviews with female leaders in the gaming, technology and entertainment industries. I just did an interview with Amanda Cruz from Bloomhouse Games, and before that, I did one with Felicia Day, who if you don't know, you're too young to be watching this. And you could also find me on TikTok, where I make funny videos about games. I just did one about how the Legend of Zelda Ocreative Time remake might be the only game that could reasonably compete with Grand theft Ato six, and I got some very interesting feedback on that one. And I also have an assignment for Giant Bomb. If you don't mind, I'm just gonna put this out there. You can DM me on pretty much any social media platform. It's just my name, Rachel Caser. And you can also find me on like TikTok, blue Sky Twitter if you still use Twitter. But I am trying to upgrade my whole setup here because my camera, microphone, headset, all of that, this is all pre pandemic stuff, like I have not like most of my disposable income has gone into other areas and aspects of my life and also just you know, necessities staying alive, putting food on the table. But I have enough now that I can actually start to like improve, Like I'm still using the same Logitech webcam that I've had since like twenty seventeen, so I think tenth anniversary coming up, it's time to upgrade. So if anybody has any ideas on good semi reasonably affordable cameras, microphones and all that, Jeff, this question for you as well and everybody else jis yeah, Gimi crew as well. Yeah, just drop me, drop me a message anywhere you can find me online. And you know I'm open to all recommendations. So that's your homework, Giant Bomb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, help her out.
Speaker 1: Please, everybody like give give some recommendations. Uh fantastic. All right, Well let's see here a new poll question. Have you ever used used Nexus mods? Yes or no? We'll get the results talk about it on the show tomorrow. Speaking of Giant Bomb, tomorrow's show will have the Bomb twelve, So go ahead and vote for the Bomb twelve. We'll get the full results there. See what games everyone's been playing. Later today, and by later today, I mean very quickly, right, Jam, we're gonna be doing Voicemail Dump Truck with guest star Mary Kish. Yeah, thank you, Jan.
Speaker 3: We are gonna that.
Speaker 2: Noise English Chan, Yes.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I understood that there's an episode of Sea Lab twenty twenty one where the characters like Face gets eaten by a monster and they have a prolonged conversation with them.
Speaker 3: That's what he sounded like.
Speaker 1: The guy that face, So yeah, tune in for that and we're gonna have UPF tomorrow. It's gonna be a lot of fun here on gihme Bomb, and then we're recording some extra stuff that will pop off here and there. Thank you everybody. We really appreciate it. Thank you Rachel for hanging out with me today and talking about video games.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, needtime, Jeff, thank you for helping. Thank you for helping me like socialize what I'm feeling like, feeling like crap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you crushed it. Yeah, I'm glad. I'm glad that you're feeling better. I hope, we hope you get back to one hundred percent here real soon. And once again, thank you to everybody for watching and listening. You're the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself, and goodbye.