Speaker 1: Okay, let's do this ready, Okay, hit it. Good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, Hee Rod Ryan, Yes, sir, wake you wake your hands off snake eatee Rob Ryan Show check it. In Throwback Thursday, got another great battle for you online. If you log onto the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com, you'll see you'll be able to vote. There's three songs, which one do you want? Played today on the show at nine point thirty two, time Hall of Famer Kevin is back in our lives. He was the Hall of Fame stopper yesterday, big upset yesterday, and I never said I don't think we ever got a victory speech out of Vin though, So he'll be joining us as he goes for win number two Fresh out of Bad Head two Head Challenge at six twenty a two hundred dollars Academy Sports An Outdoors gift Card twenty days celebrating twenty years twenty days, two hundred dollars a day. He's Day four. You'll win that. On the fun Fact Flashback Pit tickets the rob Zombie Ellis Cooper Sunday Night seven twenty read my lips. Alex takes on Tessa for Rod Ryan's Show twentieth anniversary Party tickets eight twenty. Sorry we had to wake him up. He was he overslept today. So it's Thursday. Guys on board, I was what I was telling you is at A twenty for the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets. You got to send me your word suggestions. Email me Rod at the buzz dot com pit tickets to the sold out Crek Show on no the show. I see nothing about a ten percent chance of rain today, partly cloudy, high eighty eight. Good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, good morning Rod and good morning Homer.
Speaker 3: So lot's going on. I want to get the weather. I want to talk about the weather first, Roger, because the forecast tropical storm brand scene moving across Louisiana into Mississippi. The storm grew into a Category two hurricane before it made landfall.
Speaker 2: And that's our big weather news.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Something that's happening right now that is very exciting SpaceX is Polaris Dawn Mission. The spacewalk is happening, and I don't know how this didn't come across my news writers here, but you're like, Hey, that spacewalk is going on right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking out.
Speaker 2: I'm like, holy crap, it's.
Speaker 1: A because it's a private spacewalk, because it's SpaceX and they're trying. That guy that's hanging outside of that capsule right now in space is happening live right now. We're watching. We happen to have CNN on. They're test everything, like does that latch work, does everything work? The guy in that suit, they're testing the suit to see if it works.
Speaker 3: The oxygen levels, everything like that, saying it is quite the side and it's exciting and terrifying to watch. The Polaristan mission will be the highest human spaceflight in over half a century since the Apollo program. And this is the first ever commercial spacewalk, as Rod Benson, so good luck to this crew. It's happening right now, literally walking from the furthest point from Earth up eight hundred and seventy miles insane. Okay, let's talk a little bit about politics. I want you to know the initial viewership numbers show rating sword for the first debate between Vice President Harris and former President Trump.
Speaker 2: But there are there's a lot of political nonsense.
Speaker 3: So we just kind of threw it up all on a blog page like yeah, okay, well, speaking of cats, So Elon Musk is like the weird This is the weirdest and creepiest thing he's ever tweeted out, he told. After Taylor Swift called herself a childless cat lady and endorsed Harris, Elon must tweeted, fine, Taylor, you win.
Speaker 2: I will give you a child and guard your cats with.
Speaker 3: My life, like ew, Like I need a shower after reading that.
Speaker 2: The first trolling Brett meanwhile, za.
Speaker 1: Good at it.
Speaker 3: Trump thinks Taylor will pay a price financially for not supporting him.
Speaker 2: The Harris campaign now.
Speaker 3: Selling friendship bracelets because of that Tate endorsement. And yeah, lots of stuff going up on this blog page. If you want to check it out, it's all there.
Speaker 2: Also, the VMAs were last night.
Speaker 3: Katie Perry had a moment. She won the MTV Video Bandguard Award last night. She had an extremely impressive ten minute performance that had her on cables.
Speaker 2: She was doing acrobatics above the stage.
Speaker 3: She was singing all the songs that really spanned her career, so pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Also, Megan the Stallion.
Speaker 3: Had a moment last night when she did the Britney Spears with like a yellow and a conda. She was dressed like the Sleigh for You video and it was pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she wasn't enjoying the snake on it now.
Speaker 3: She said she don't know that snake. That snake don't know her. It was very funny and spoiler. Taylor Swift was a huge winner at the MTV VMAs last night.
Speaker 2: Okay more Dave Girl fallout. We told you yesterday.
Speaker 3: His daughter islet deactivated her Instagram. His ex girlfriend has weighed in, and an old piece written by Tina Bushesh, who is his ex, has resurfaced. This article, this piece of her memoir and basically she learned through the grapevine that Dape Carol had been seeing someone else at the same time as her.
Speaker 2: So maybe a little bit of a pattern emerging here as well.
Speaker 5: I'll say leave scoring exes.
Speaker 2: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: I like talk to ex employees. Yeah, I feel about that company that fired you.
Speaker 2: I've got that relationship that didn't work out.
Speaker 1: What's up with that? What's going on in sports?
Speaker 2: So the Astros fell the a's last night, five to four.
Speaker 6: They do still lead the Mariners by three and a half games for first place in the AL West. They've got seventeen games left to play. They'll wrap up their series with the A's this afternoon frame. Aval doesn't been the man for the Straws, going up against Oakland's Mitch Spence. First pitches at one ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety on Thursday Night Football. We've got Tyreek Hill and the Miami Dolphins sing it. Rod Ryan's Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills. Dolphins come into this one as three and a half point favorites. Kickoff. That's at seven fifteen and you can watch it on Prime Video. There's also a top twenty five matchup in college football tonight, number fourteen Kansas State to play twentieth rank Arizona That starts at seven. You can watch it on Fox and Texas State. It's also going to play Arizona State tonight at six thirty. That so, what's going on?
Speaker 1: A splits all?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Here we go? Four hours of pain starts right now. First phone call, come on, could be you, you want to come talk? What do you want to get us started with This Morning seven one three, two, win two five nine four five, The most interactive show on the radio starts right now. Still my favorite band, my favorite song ninety four or five, the buzz that's Foo Fighters and ever long, good morning. I'll draw off to a great start to here today. Thank you for being up so dark and early with us six oh seven on this throwback Thursday. Tessa, you already mentioned it in the first Houston headlines, but yeah, Dave Roll headlining the music blog page for non musical things. So we talked a lot about, you know, the indiscretion with Dave Roll that's going on right now. There's a story in there as well that he wants to obviously earn his wife's trust back. But the other story was somehow, you know, people are digging around and they saw that he hired a divorce lawyer before announcing the birth of the out of wedlock baby. So he's got a divorce lawyer, you know, he just Dave Roll must have five lawyers on speed dial already, but maybe not a specific because you know it's a specific lawyer, maybe not a divorce lawyer. But now he's got one of those.
Speaker 3: I think it's just like in aligning with your words, because you can say I want to do this, I want to be a better man, I want to do this.
Speaker 2: But like, okay, you've got your divorce lawyer on deck.
Speaker 6: I'm just ready to go lawyer, so he can't represent his wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, well, you watch the Sopranos, Tony when uh, when Carmen Soprano when they were getting divorced in the Sopranos, No Carmela, that's it. Tony went around and said that he was interested in hiring every single big divorce lawyer in the area. So when she made the phone call, she's like, the lawyer had to say, your husband's already called. She couldn't work with them.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying maybe that's well.
Speaker 2: Maybe, So all right, early to scumback. It's six o eight.
Speaker 1: We got ten percent chance of rain part the Claudie's guys high today of about eighty eight. We're gonna be ripping into the nineties starting tomorrow. He's low chances of rain all weekend long, and we're gonna be locked in the ninety degree temperature. So if you thought fall was here, psych be stupid ninety degrees for about the next ten days starting tomorrow. Two time Hall of Famer Kevin came back right, he sure did. He's going for win number two today, fresh out of bed head to head challenge and confirmed we do not have a victory speech for Kevin. A two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card is coming to you. In homeroom, we were celebrating twenty days the twenty years of the Rod Ryan Show with a two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card. You're gonna win that. On the Fun Fact Flashback Pit. Tickets to Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper at seven to twenty. That show is Sunday Night, Read my Lips. Thank you, guys, A lot of you are sending me word suggestions already. Thank you. We're back into the eight twenty slot for Read my Lips. IT'SO Alex taking on Tessa for twentieth anniversary party tickets Pitt Tickets to the sold out Creed Show on Know the Show.
Speaker 7: What It's now time for the first phone.
Speaker 8: Call of the day.
Speaker 1: Do Do Do Do? Jonathan? Looks like you got through. Hi, Jonathan, what's that brother?
Speaker 9: Good morning man?
Speaker 1: Good morning to you, sir. Thank you for being up early with us. What would you like to get us started with?
Speaker 10: Man, I just want to get some positive words. You know, everybody's fighting there and fight, so I just want to say, stay positive, corner, Yes, keep byding, it's gonna be a It's gonna be better.
Speaker 1: Is it just you talking yourself up? How do you? Is there anything that you do specifically to keep yourself so positive? Because I think it's a great message. I love it.
Speaker 10: I mean no, I just you know, being through a love when I was younger, I always like to say positive. There's always someone that has something worse going on, so I always try to, you know, see stuff in their eyes and just think, hey, you know it could be worse and I'm not doing.
Speaker 1: Too bad, Jonathan.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 1: I'll be here Monday through Friday at this time. If you want to call with that message, I'm here to receive it. All right, So good?
Speaker 5: What are you doing Sunday at noon?
Speaker 6: Because I have to watch the Giants for three hours and if you want to come hang out and just remind me that every play that would make me feel a lot better.
Speaker 5: I thank you.
Speaker 10: You know, I'd be down for that. I was gonna have a tea time, but I could, you know, reschedule because that sounds like it'll be a little bit more.
Speaker 2: He needs you, He needs you.
Speaker 1: You might want to call Elis right after me.
Speaker 5: We'll figure something out.
Speaker 1: Right after the Giants blowout on Sunday, you might want to call Alex and remind him that there's people that have it worse out there. Yeah, exactly, my brother, Hey Jonathan, thank you man, I really I do. I mean that, I really really appreciate that message. It is an awesome way to get things started. It's gonna be a great show today, guys. It's gonna be a great day today.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 1: Get in there and cast your vote on the throwback Thursday song It's stick to Grand Thursday. I think you're gonna like what you see on the website. All right, browse around on those websites, scroll all the way down on all of those web pages and all those blog pages that Chili's working on today. All right on the flip gonta rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of bad head to head challenge.
Speaker 9: Rock and alter you So Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: I'm six to ninety four or five the Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan's show Throwback Thursday. Great job, guys, Great job guys. I've got a lot of words that have been sent to me already. You know a lot of the same old great homeroom listeners that are sending me this stuff. I'm talking to you that never sends anything in. I need you to send me some words. Okay, Rod at the Buzz dot com. What you think would be good for that? You read my lipsgain. We're not playing till late twenty so I got plenty of time. I'd just like to get ahead. Ten percent chance of ring partly clouding today Hive around eighty eight. That's the sounds of the trending music.
Speaker 3: What's trending Shannon Sharp's number one search on Google.
Speaker 2: He is trending on the Ax as well.
Speaker 1: I've not heard this yet. Alex Is was he having sex and his phone was broadcasting the sounds of that on his Instagram live feed?
Speaker 6: Is something like that if he perhaps accidentally hit the live button he set his phone down, yes, and maybe he didn't.
Speaker 5: Realize he was live.
Speaker 2: He said he was hacked and.
Speaker 6: Then he later kind of addressed it and said he was just engaging in consensual adult activities.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you can hear him like.
Speaker 5: Yes, kind of giving instructions.
Speaker 6: It seemed like he was doing a good job focused on on what I heard the brief time I listened. Could I go to the sports blog it is actually headlining the sports blog and address address the video?
Speaker 1: Okay, great, all right? What else is trending?
Speaker 3: Also, Houston Astro's leftfielder Kyle Tucker is gradually returning to the lineup. He was injured all the way back in June. We're really miss seeing him out there. He was out of the lineup last night's game versus the A's, but he's expected to be back in action this weekend. So a lot of people very excited about that.
Speaker 2: Also, lots of there was so yesterday was.
Speaker 3: Nine to eleven, and I think a lot of people were kind of choosing each way to honor or think about if you just took some time to recognize that, hey, this is a really significant day in our history. For me, It was early this morning and late last night, so those tributes still pouring out, and yeah, that's what's trending. On ninety four five of the Bus.
Speaker 1: All right, so I can't remember what the hell happened with Kevin yesterday. Go ahead, you can get rid of them. So we never got a victory speech, but he would have told you that he's a two time Hall of Famer and he's your one day champion, and then something like you know, come at me, bitches.
Speaker 2: Yeah said bitches, I'm bit in the hall twice.
Speaker 1: Okay, you don't want this smoke. I imagine he would have said something like that. So if you want to take on Kevin seven one, three, two and two, five, nine, five, twenty years of Mayhem in the morning, let the run Ryan Show only on ninety four five The Bud, ninety four and five The buzz ev In Essence with Paul McCoy. Let's bring me to life Rod Ryan's Show Throwback Thursday. I'd appreciate you getting over there and uh cast out a little vote on Throwback Thursday for what song you would like played at nine thirty. Maybe Alex could line up some song clips for us at seven oh five today, do that then shortly after that after seven, uh maybe closer to round seven to a round seven to twenty. We'll give away pit tickets to Rob Zombie Alice Cooper. Great job you guys are sending me your word suggestions. We're not playing Reading my Lips until eight twenty this morning, but I need your word suggestions things for me to use to during the game. It will be Alex taking on Tessa. Alex fourteen wins on the Year, Tessa thirteen wins on the year. Oh no, we might need to put the china away. I mean, yeah, you know what I mean. We might need to lock up the china. I got a two hundred dollars Academy gift card coming up for you on the Fun Fact Flashback. But right now we got a game to play here and now each time for the Fresh out of Bed Head to Head Challenge listeners to your corners, Yo, Kevin.
Speaker 6: Y, good morning, bro.
Speaker 1: It's on me. I don't know why. I just never got a victory speech. And when I went to go get you, I think Bobby Jokes had already gotten your info and you left. So do me a favor. Win today and then we'll do a victory speech and then we'll play that, and you know you play tomorrow. You want to do that. That don't work okay, well, who wait a minute, JD the Fireman, good morning. Oh wait a minute, he's over here. Hey, JD brother, Good morning, JD. You've got some history on this show, a little bit, a little bit. Were you the first suburb of Summer Sizzler winner?
Speaker 11: I was.
Speaker 1: He's still got that five thousand dollars between his mattress. Hell does not like that. He's like, invest Please don't put that in your mattress. Now listen, we know that you were great that first year of the Sizzler. How are you on the fresh out of bed heads to head? Have you had some success?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I've made the.
Speaker 10: Day four never never made it all the.
Speaker 1: Way, never been in the hall. Okay, well, good to have you on my man. We got two time Hall of Famer Kevin suburb of Summer Sizzler, former champ, JD the Fireman. What are they playing for?
Speaker 2: I've got a Rod Ryan showed T shirt.
Speaker 1: All right, man, I gotta do a shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Sorry, JD. We will not be playing song clips. I'm gonna ask questions, okay, and then you're gonna have to give me the correct answer, But say your name. Just like you did in the Sizzler. Kevin, I know you know what to do. Here we go. Question number one, what is McDonald's version of a dairy? Kevin? Need an answer in three? Two one? Kevin got in a little early, all right, j D. The complete question is what is McDonald's version of a dairy? Queen Blizzard called mcflurry.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would have known that mcflurry.
Speaker 2: I love them.
Speaker 1: J D. Welcome back to the game. What happened Kevin?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You probably didn't have enough question there?
Speaker 8: I did?
Speaker 1: Oh you did? Okay? All right? Next question? What person where Dorothy Scarecrow Lion in the j D?
Speaker 10: The Wicked Witch of the East?
Speaker 1: Oh it's not a I thought it was a lockh. Here we go, Kevin, you're in it. What person where Dorothy Scarecrow Lion and the tin Man? Off to see the Wizard, right, the radio Wizard.
Speaker 2: We have to see him today. We're off to see him.
Speaker 1: Because of the wonderful things he does here on the buzz.
Speaker 5: No the meeting, j D.
Speaker 1: Kevin, good game for the wind. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer? What season will it change to? Later this month? Kevin, Oh Smoke show. I was expecting that to be a tie. That question, the way that it was worded, I thought, okay, yeah, JD, good game, good game. It was a good tell you what, it was a good game, JD. Good having you on. Yes, sure, thank you. Having an awesome day. Okay, Kevin, you did what you said you were gonna do. I'm I promise you I'm gonna get a victory speech for you today. All right?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, and did we talk about what were they were playing for tonight? It was just a T shirt? Huh?
Speaker 2: T shirt?
Speaker 1: I don't mean just a T shirt. It's a life changing T shirt. Okay, well you know you know what that's like, Kevin walking around with a rod Ryan Show T shirt. People just throwing themselves at you. All right, victory speech is next. Great game The.
Speaker 13: Rod Ryan Show on ninety four the bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four the bus, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. That's fall off boy and light him up rod Ryan's Show. I just want to go check because well, my sister aunt Sue, what happened? Throw back Thursday? Link not working for me? What's going on? Silly?
Speaker 5: What the hell?
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going It's gotta be on her end.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't she shouldn't she building it? Be building a car or something? Right now? Yeah, I just want to go check it is working. It says thank you. I just voted Gravity Kills is in the lead. Guilty great song primus why known as Big Brown Beaver, Please now please now the Darkness. I believe it a thing called love.
Speaker 5: That song.
Speaker 1: That song is like going through the roof now on the charts because Haylor Swift. They had a video of Taylor Swift and her dumb boyfriend's singing it and then they did know all the words. All these little girls said, well, what is that song that they're singing? So then they downloaded it and then boom there's this big resurgence of the Darkness song.
Speaker 2: She was air guitaring it too. Yeah, so very cool, very cute.
Speaker 1: See all right, Sue Ryan, check that link again. It's working. The fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion. They got a speech this week for today for this guy here.
Speaker 10: Good morning everybody, This is pre term home of Framer Kevin hey Rod. Thanks for giving me our victory speech this time.
Speaker 1: No problem. I am your fresh out of bed, head to head to two day champion.
Speaker 10: Join me on three beer Friday when I make it win number three.
Speaker 1: All right, that's what he sounds like after he wins Academy Sports and Outdoors. I got that gift card coming up for you in just a moment. But first, shit's the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart and fuddy everybody. It's the funk that to the day. I love this fun fact. I know that I've used it before. But there's got to be someone that didn't know this. Maybe Hall didn't know this. Hi. Hell, hey, Roy Banks, Phil Robertson, Now I get it. The Duck Dynasty. I don't know if that show's it had its heyday. Though. For a while, those Duck Dynasty guys were everywhere. They were big.
Speaker 14: So.
Speaker 1: Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty was the starting quarterback at Louisiana Tech University in the mid sixties. Hell, do you know where I'm going with us?
Speaker 7: I do not?
Speaker 1: Okay, good on, good I know Alex knows this. His senior year he quit football to focus on duck hunting. He just he was so he wanted to go out hunt, which opened up the spot for backup quarterback Terry Bradshaw. Tessa, are you hearing that for the first time. Yes, it's an awesome fact.
Speaker 2: You didn't know he was a good athlete, but he just cares about ducks more.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then Phil Robertson once told Terry, I'm going for the ducks, you go for the bucks. They worked out, they both did, okay, Yeah I worked out, Yeah they did, they did. Okay. Your brain. Your brain represents about two percent of your body weight and uses up to twenty percent of your body's energy. That's more than any other organ That is f whoa, I know someone wants to make a wiener joke, all right, just do it on your own time.
Speaker 15: It was written all over your face on.
Speaker 1: Your own time. Please. I could see the smoke coming from these boys ears. It is illegal to own any debris from the Challenger explosion. That's neat. You know someone out there has something, you know they do. If you get caught with some, you can get up to ten years in prison with that stuff. So yeah, be careful who you tell if you are hanging on to some of that stuff. It's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart in front of your body. It's that to the day that reminds me what I told Alex. Don't go put in your faces for your past. The Gravy podcast on the FBI's Most Wanted List, any al duration of that is also like jail timeing.
Speaker 5: I actually did so.
Speaker 1: Please listen please.
Speaker 2: It was top ten and he said he was going to put on.
Speaker 1: Eleven Academy Sports and Outdoors twenty days celebrating twenty years of The Rob Ryan Show with a two hundred dollars gift card. Okay, it's day four. Uh, if you want in on this gift card. How many footballs can one single cow hide produce? Let's keep it football related. We've got a big game on tonight. I gotta go to Amazon Prime to watch my bills tonight. Squish the fish. Sorry, sorry, I got carried away. How many uh hmm? How did I ask that question? I don't want to run it. Do you remember what I said? How many footballs I had one? How many footballs can you get out of one cow hide? That's right, thank you? Seven, one, three, two, two. Squish the fish.
Speaker 6: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 15: That one extra fish in there fish too.
Speaker 1: How we do on Wall Street?
Speaker 4: I FI a good day on Wall Street. The Dow is up one hundred and twenty four points. Kick off this morning at forty thousand and eight sixty one, NASDA Cup three hundred and sixty nine, this seventeen thousand and three to ninety five benchmark ten. Your treasure is trading at a three point six seven percent, and oil stands at sixty eight dollars thirty five cents of barrow to. The most active is the big studs MX, Intel and Amazon, the big duds Travelers, Parcter and Gamble, and United Health. On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on the Producer Price Index for August. Right now, features looking good. They're on the upside. If they hang onto, this be a positove opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 11: That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm out of here.
Speaker 4: This is Howland managed director with Ramon James Porter for the rode round chew if Raymond James on Sandfleet and Augusta, and don't forget theys rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 13: Famian's expressed are those at Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates than come ever, NYT, AS, IBC, I ART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. If this is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to I ersell any security referred to her. Because programs are educational and informational services on it are based on movement.
Speaker 1: As reported by Young I Am ninety four to five the Buzz, Welcome back, Rod, Ryan show that sure is flashed back. Good morning. Who's on the phone? This is Western? Hey, Western, welcome in. Thanks for joining us on homeroom here. How are you?
Speaker 15: I'm great?
Speaker 12: Rod?
Speaker 1: How are you great? I am great? We're both great. One cowhide can produce? How many footballs? I think? That's how? Why am I struggling with this? Is that how I asked the question? Yes, okay, yeah, how many footballs can you get out of a single cow hide?
Speaker 15: That would be twenty?
Speaker 1: All right, you're not struggling at all.
Speaker 2: That's good to hear one of y'all has had it.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's give Weston a really good prize.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what? You can probably buy twenty footballs?
Speaker 8: With this.
Speaker 3: Is it two hundred dollars Academy gift card celebrating twenty years out of the Rod Ryan Show in Houston.
Speaker 5: Congratt, dude, thank you, thank you all so much.
Speaker 1: All right, weston again, Man, thanks for being on the show today. Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five of the Buzz on iHeartRadio, ninety four point five the bus stations from iHeartRadio the Ron Bryant Show every morning six to ten on ninety four to five The Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz. I mean, could the timing be any better? Shinedout has two of the best songs on the radio right now. I mean they really do.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And if you were watching Chili, which I was, I was captivated. I loved it. I told him even after the show, I said, Jillie, I loved your Facebook Live so much when you were out there in Channel View yesterday. He was just kind of talking to everybody. He was Facebook Live and giving away what fifty pair of tickets yesterday to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary show. I know how much you guys love Blue October. But man, person after person after person was coming up and talking about Shine Down is what they wanted to see.
Speaker 6: Yeah, should I watched that back last night when I was editing some podcast stuff, Like, Chili did such a great job, so they should just like the show that really just be a host sometimes it's just.
Speaker 1: His man on the TV show, his man on the street stuff is just it's just top notch and everybody loves him. So yeah, people went out there even when the tickets were gone. They just wanted a chili hug.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they go the teas are gone. I'm maybe if I get there quick enough, I can get Nobody else gets that.
Speaker 1: Nurse d knew that the tickets were gone, and she said, I just wanted a chili hug. So the show that we're talking about, Brent and Zach aer going to be there. It's October twelfth. Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party. It's the party. It's the party that everybody wants to get into. I can tell you this, I've made the decision. I'm going to do it again tomorrow. All the beer winners are going to win twentyth anniversary tickets. So it's just going to make that free beer Friday not much more important. So four opportunities at the top of each hour tomorrow on the show free Beer Friday winners beer from Specs and anniversary party tickets. And then you know the pair that we give away on air as well. Where are the tickets today? Oh well, read my lips. Alex and Tesla are going to be competing against one another to win you guys. Rod Ryan and showed twentieth anniversary party tickets Carboch Brewery. Can't wait, can't wait? That's coming up at eight twenty ten percent chance of rain, partly clowney high of eighty eight. Tessa with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: The world's first all civilian spacewalk is taking place this morning. It's part of the ambitious Polaris Dawn mission. So this SpaceX mission launched four people into orbit Tuesday morning, including American billionaire Jared Jared Isaacman.
Speaker 2: Exiting the crew dragon capsule on a teather, Isaacman.
Speaker 3: Noted that back in home, we all have a lot of work to do. But from here, Earth sure looks like a perfect world.
Speaker 2: Where is here?
Speaker 3: Here is very high up? Okay, it's eight hundred and fifty miles Yeah, eight hundred and seventy miles up from Earth. So the furthest point. Really, it's been over a half a century since the Apollo program. That this now Polai's down mission is the highest human space flight in over half a century, so first ever commercial spacewalk. Congratulations to Space and of course good luck to the crew as they get back safely. A Pakistani man living in Texas has been indicted.
Speaker 2: Did you hear this? Okay? So what are they charging him with?
Speaker 3: He was trying to orchestrate an elaborate murder for higher plot that was targeting several politicians, including former President Trump. The Justice Department says, as if Merchant, who has ties to iron, had started to recruit who he thought would be hitmen, they turned out to be undercover federal agents. So now again being indicted trying to orchestrate this murder for higher plot. All right, let's switch gears and talk something that is seriously a job.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: A guy in Spain claims he is making good money. What is his profession, Alex, he's a being Spanish? Well, no anyone can do that.
Speaker 2: A wedding destroyer.
Speaker 1: I don't believe this story. I read it, I sent it to you. I don't I'm not buying that this guy. He says thanks for the end of the year.
Speaker 3: He is claiming that he makes very good money because brides with cold feet high or him to show up. And when they say, does anyone have any reason for these two non to bewed? He is the objector so they don't have to go through with it. He posted a silly ad. He said it started off as a joke. He posted a silly ad offering the rescue brides from their wedding for five hundred euros.
Speaker 2: The women actually started hiring him. He is booked through the end of the year.
Speaker 3: He's like, if you have doubts or you don't want to get married and don't know how to refuse, don't worry.
Speaker 2: I've got you.
Speaker 6: I don't know about you, Rod. Did you have any like one of your groom's men, like my friend Tyler. I was like, dude, if anybody stands up, I don't think they will, but I need you to just grab them, take him out.
Speaker 2: Just grab a good idea, no idea, Yes, it's my time.
Speaker 1: Mine was the other one. It was tippy toe. If you say tippy toe, you pick me up, you grab me out of there. You have a full tank of gas. And you have a credit and you have a credit cards that's going to work in Tijuana, that's on your way. That's if you choose. If somebody else tries to stop it, no.
Speaker 2: I think this is common.
Speaker 3: I think especially with these people that get married very young and they inside of the howard, you can't just call it off.
Speaker 1: But you're not hiring this guy, and you're getting all dressed up in your white gown, you're getting your hair done, you're getting everything done, and then you're waiting to the ceremony for this guy to stop it. You're gonna stop it before him. I don't believe the story.
Speaker 2: I believe it. I believe it. I don't think you know the pressure that brides feel to have the perfect game and then and then be like, actually, I don't even like this person.
Speaker 6: It's a scumbag move to make all of your friends and I'm doing it.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree. I think it happens so often.
Speaker 1: I just I don't think there's a lot of people that change their mind at the altar like this.
Speaker 5: I don't fans. There's just too much.
Speaker 1: If you've ever planned your own wedding, that's OMG, that's why you think you can't call it off.
Speaker 2: That's why you think you can't call it off.
Speaker 3: But you're like, oh, this guy help me you that dude. The pride of Tennessee the hawk to Girl Haley Welch. She launched her you podcast this week. If you're still not familiar with the name, congratulations, but we are talking about the Hawk to a Girl. Her first episode of her podcast, Talk to a landed on Tuesday, and she had to interview Whitney Cummings as her first guest. They talked about how her life has changed since that original video went viral in June. For example, she recently flew on a plane and she didn't know that she couldn't bring a box cutter two knives on the plane.
Speaker 2: She said, she was like venturing out into the world.
Speaker 3: For I don't know if that's when the podcast dropped.
Speaker 1: Dropped it dropped to before nine to eleven. But this is another one apparently she had when that video of Hawktua. When she made that video, she'd never been on an airplane.
Speaker 2: Before, a small town girl.
Speaker 1: So I believe that part. I don't believe that she what was she doing with a box cutter?
Speaker 3: Was venturing her explanation is that she wanted to protect herself. She was going to be on her own in the you know, big open world, and she was a little nervous about it.
Speaker 1: But there's pepper spray, there's other things that girls use.
Speaker 2: Her manager found out about box kind of got rid of it.
Speaker 3: She went through security with two knives and the TSA confiscated them.
Speaker 5: I get those clicks, d.
Speaker 2: John bon Jovi, this is my favorite story of the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is we have video. I think of this too.
Speaker 3: So he was filming a video on a bridge in Nashville on Tuesday and he noticed a woman in despair like clinging to the ledge. Standing on the ledge, He and I think it's it's his wife, er, it's someone who he knows. They go over and they were able to convince her not to jump. This is really this isn't like by his PR team TMZ released this video. Nashville Police confirmed. Yeah, like that was John bon Jovi helping pull this woman off of the ledge. I think during National Suicide Prevention Month, this is like a hopeful story. You guys should all go to the music blog page and watch this video because it is intense.
Speaker 2: The chief of the Metro.
Speaker 3: Nashville Police Department says a shout out to John Bonjovi and his team for helping a woman on the bridge.
Speaker 2: It takes all of us to help keep each other safe. Those are Houston sadlights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's on the music blog page today. Nope, let's give you that. Okay, So that's baseball music. What do you got?
Speaker 6: Yeah, The Astros thought of the A's last night five before they do. Still lead the Mariners by three and a half games for first place in the Al West with seventeen games left to play. They're gonna wrap up their series with the A's this afternoon from ra Valdez A be in the Mountain for Destro's going up against Oakland's Mitch Spence first pitches at one ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. On Thursday Night Football, Tyreek Hill and the Dolphins host Josh Allen and the Bills. Dolphins are three and a half point favorites. Do you think that Tyreek Hill gets detained before this game?
Speaker 1: No, that's not gonna happen again. But he's calling for the the arresting officers job. I saw that he wants that dude, not reprimanded, not put to desk duty. He wants him fired.
Speaker 2: He also did say he should have handled the situation better himself. Yeah, that part was very important to say.
Speaker 1: God, he wants him to lose his job.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Kick offs at seven to fifteen. You can watch the game on Prime Video.
Speaker 1: There's also how does it sound coming out of your mouth? Squish the fish?
Speaker 5: Squish the fish. Oh, squish the fish.
Speaker 1: Oh that sounds nice.
Speaker 2: I hope twish those fish. Thank you, Alex sanction fish.
Speaker 1: Squish it fish.
Speaker 6: There's also a top twenty five matchup in college for well tonight, number fourteen Kansas State. It's gonna play twenty three Arizona. I'll start at seven. You can watch it on Fox. And Texas State's also gonna play Arizona State at six point thirty. That's what's going on in sports. Thank you, thank you, Big night, Yoe. What are we doing next hour?
Speaker 5: Quishing fish?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 1: I hope so? Uh pitt Tickets to Rob Zombie Ellis Cooper coming your way at seven twenty.
Speaker 3: Easton's Rock and Alternatives, The rod Ry The Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five the buzz. Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show. It's Lincoln Park paper cut. One of the two big stories in rock right now. It's the Lincoln Park new lead singer and it's Dan Grohl.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 1: That's probably blowing up my email more than anything, yeah lately, And of course on social media, we put up a new post yesterday kind of dealing with that exact same thing on our Instagram at Rod Ryan Show, and it just it just has a lot of people talking right now. The Lincoln Park story. For me, it's a good story, it's a great story, and I've always been on board with that band continuing on. It's amazing how many people just are not accepting what's happening with the band right now. Are you not going to go see them? Are you're gonna really hold are you really dig your heels in and say, Okay, I don't support this. I'm not going to see it because we don't have a date here in Houston yet, but there will be. They're gonna go on a job, They're gonna go do it. They got a new album out. They only had what what did we say about six dates around the world, one in New York, one in LA and then they were heading over overseas for a couple of shows, so all that drama continues to unfold.
Speaker 7: This hour.
Speaker 1: Pit tickets, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, We're gonna get to those after the break Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets. That's what we're going to give to one of you. That is a part of reading my lips today, Alex takes On. Tessa, You're doing a great job sending me those word suggestions, so keep those coming in email me directly brought at the buzz dot com speaking of the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party, the hottest ticket in town still. We got a big party happening October twelfth at the Carbock Brewery, Acoustic performances from Shine Down, Sublime Blue, October thiry of a Dead Man in the x's Got to Win Your Way In I mentioned that on Free Beer Friday tomorrow, all the beer winners will get tickets to that party. So there'll be five pair of tickets given away on the Freeber Friday show tomorrow, one with each case and then one. What will chill he do with that one? I don't know, he'll put it in the I bet you he'll put it in the nine o'clock hour, the one that we give away that you call in for. I'm not buying this story. Tessa is the professional wedding destroyer. There's some guy in Spain making claims that he's making good money again, and what's good money as a professional wedding destroyer? Brides, they say, with cold feet, hire him to show up, and when they ask does anybody object to this marriage? He objects so that they don't have to go through with it. I don't think that. Okay, so I'm not buying it.
Speaker 2: But when somebody objects, do you have to make wedding's off?
Speaker 1: That you could be like, No, you're assuming that that is some sort of a legal legal thing that if somebody raises their hand an objection, okay, that's it. We got to go home. This wedding is off. That doesn't happen. That does not happen. Now, I get an email from radio Wizard's boss, or I get a text message radio legend, and I believe it. I believe a Texas Broadcasting Hall of Famer Mark Sherman sends me a text. Why would he text me on this? He married me?
Speaker 15: I asked.
Speaker 1: I went into his office. Yeah, I asked him if he would marry me. Okay, brother Rod. As a wedding officiant, we don't even ask that question anymore. During the vows, that.
Speaker 2: Question is not asked.
Speaker 1: It's not a part of the routine when you're standing there. I didn't even realize that, but yeah, I'm standing there and he never asked that. Is there anybody here that you know doesn't approve of this? Uh, you know this union? Well, he's never asked us.
Speaker 2: But he only has his reps in the United States. He doesn't have his reps in Spain, where this guy says he's raking it in like that.
Speaker 6: Every s he did that would be required to have that in the vows and you kind of meet with whoever marries you and can go over that.
Speaker 5: So if that's not included in.
Speaker 1: There, Yeah, this guy says he gets five hundred bucks a pot for doing it, and women are hiring him, and he's booked through the end of the year.
Speaker 6: So you spend like so full of him twenty thousand dollars. But for an extra five I can waste all this money and get out of there.
Speaker 2: Right, You can still have the party and you don't have to spend the rest of your life with someone you don't You.
Speaker 6: Don't have the party because if the wedding gets called off, there's no after, no retarding.
Speaker 2: Okay, you still get the bakeup and hair done, Yeah for.
Speaker 5: Like two seconds, and then you gotta leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 5: Don't believe it ain't happening.
Speaker 1: You're going to do. We're gonna move. So we're gonna do song clips in about ten minutes or so. Stay with us. We're gonna talk about this, and Chili says he's got everything worked out. Chili, was there a problem with voting?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: First of it was my sister on the line in Buffalo, New York. Chiming In said she was having a problem voting this morning. Again somebody else backed up ant sue. Yeah, so I was. I was able to vote, no problem.
Speaker 15: You know what it was is that.
Speaker 10: That too?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I'm leaving. So the voter fraud it was, you know what, Republicans and Democrats were both a problem. I was just kidding equally, go ahead. The real problem.
Speaker 16: The real problem was that we get this wireless computer keyboards and everything. Yeah, so when I posted the link and hit space, it didn't hit the space didn't work, so he just put the an extra letter on the on the link. That's why it wasn't one period, basically, that's why it was and I fixed it. I hit I put this bas in between at the end of the link and whatever we were posting and is working now.
Speaker 15: So soone thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, which basically what Chilly just said there is take me back to that ticket giveaway yesterday was awesome where I didn't have to worry about computers and stuff. I have to bring Bobby Shokes, Yeah, bring them in, bring them in, all right, all right, quick break, we'll come back and do all that great stuff rock and Alternative fair.
Speaker 2: Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz or The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Rob Ryan Shump. Have some pit tickets coming up for you. In just a moment, sit tight on that. It is Throwback Thursday. Alex is prepared to play song clips in about four minutes. What's interesting about the songs today? If you think that sort of that sort of stuff musically is interesting. Uh, it's the first time it's ever happened before a number one song, a current number one song is in Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 1: Now, how is that possible? The song is twenty one years old, but is it is currently number one on Apple iTunes Rock chart. So we'll talk about that. We'll play you the song clip, and we'll get you voting. Three two good, two great songs, one awful song are available for your votes. And Chilly says that the voting is working. So that's all coming up. Let's find out, Well, we don't have anything about a ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy high of eighty eight today, nineties starting tomorrow and alter the weekend. What's trending?
Speaker 8: Justin?
Speaker 3: Timberlake has reportedly reached a plea deal in his DWI case.
Speaker 1: That was today, right, it was happening, So this is unfolding.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, the driving while intoxicated charge will be dropped, which with Timberlake, instead of admitting to a traffic violation, he'll plead guilty to driving while ability was impaired, which is not a drunk driving offense. He'll need to pay a five between three hundred and five hundred dollars. Timberlake was arrested if he didn't Know in New York after driving through a stop sign and drifting to the left side of the road.
Speaker 2: He thought it was going to ruin the tour. It did not ruin the tour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's probably writing a big check for the policeman's ball. Oh yeah, yeah, it's going to be It's gonna be the best policeman's ball ever in that small town. Oh, that policeman's ball is going to be lit.
Speaker 3: There's a really sweet story about the six year old girl in Florida. People had reported that she was running an illegal lemonade stand and that this little six year old girl was.
Speaker 2: Tying up traffic.
Speaker 3: Instead of shutting her down, the police officers her bought some of her lemonade.
Speaker 2: We took pictures with her.
Speaker 1: Now it happened with a bunch of bikers showed up at another lemonade stand. There's a lot of lemonade stand stories this summer.
Speaker 2: Who's calling the cops onlimonade?
Speaker 1: Sorry to our cool Karens, but Karen's yeah.
Speaker 5: And then this fun Yeah, there it is.
Speaker 2: This is a very light, tighter brite. But they are still looking for that dude.
Speaker 3: The highway shooting suspect Joe of Couch, the one who injured five shot and injured five people along I seventy five.
Speaker 2: So this is in Kentucky. That man hunt is ongoing.
Speaker 3: I wanted you guys to know that reward for any information leading to his arrest is thirty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: That's what's trending.
Speaker 1: On ninety four five The Bus, you guys are seeing that Dave Chappelle meme where he's kind of got like some powder on his lips, And yeah, you got any more of those pit passes?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You all got any more of those pit passes over there? What do you got?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: A pit ticket, not one ticket, a pair of pit tickets to see Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper Freaks on Parade Tour twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: It's this Sunday at Woodlands.
Speaker 1: It'll happen about once a month when somebody wins something from us, Brother Rod, did I win two tickets or just one? We're not gonna send you out by yourself. We're gonna give you a pair of tickets, pair of tickets in the pit. Call her ten seven one three two one two five nine four five The.
Speaker 9: Rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety.
Speaker 1: Four five The Buzz ninety four to five, The Buzz. That's a couple skate from green day, ten percent chance of rain, nothing above that part of the Claudi's Guy's High eighty eight. Strap yourselves in, kids from ninety degree temperatures starting tomorrow and old next week. Nineties are back. Okay, we gotta give away these tickets and Alex wants to play some song clips. I want to talk about some of the songs that you have available, the good, the bad, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this?
Speaker 8: Good morning?
Speaker 15: This is Iris?
Speaker 1: Hi, Iris, how are you doing good? Would you like some pit passes?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, it's Rob Zomber, It's Rob Zombie, Elis Cooper.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean the Elice Cooper fans are getting up there, but Rob Zombie fans I think are pretty salty. Still, it could be a little rough in there. You want these? You gotta be the pet. Yes, yes, for sure, you got them. Congratulations, Iris, Thank you so much. Okay, all right, who's that Iris?
Speaker 9: That's my husband?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh, he thinks that you're taking him. You should tell him that you're taking your your bestie. You should sell. You should te him you're taking your him. Yes, party too, brother. Oh wow, mister Iris, how'd you get those tickets. Oh he gets those tickets?
Speaker 14: You want it from Jermy like couple months ago.
Speaker 2: He's like, get the story, I forget Yes, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So Iris obviously knows how to win things on this radio station. Uh, pit passes to Rob Zombie Els Cooper. Have a great time guys this weekend. Thank you, thank you so much. Okay, throw back Thursday today? Where's those other pit passes?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 1: The run no the show pit tickets to go see the sold out Creed show that's huge, to the shoe anniversary party tickets an hour from now. So I think we even posted the video earlier this week. It took place at the US Open, and it went viral. Everything Taylor Swift does go spy. But she's there with her dumb boyfriend Travis Kelcey, and they were there watching the US Open, and they must have been just playing some tunes in between matches or in between some downtime, and it was the darkness I believe in the thing called love. So that song is playing and the cameraman catches Travis and Taylor singing every word like they knew the song. And Taylor I apparently has said in the past that she likes that song's what's not to like about it? It is a great song. It is a great song. So that song goes everywhere, it becomes viral, and that song right now is the number one song on Apple iTunes Rock Charts.
Speaker 2: Swift.
Speaker 1: Now, the story gets a little deeper here. So not only is she a big fan of the Darkness and this song, but she played a stadium show in Zurich recently. And you know who is at the show? Yeah, the lead singer of The Darkness, Nice was there. Nice. Okay, he got put in a VIP area. He took his daughter to the show. He said, Chris Rock is on one side of me. Roger Federer is on the other side of me, he said. To make matters even more spectacular, Taylor Swift sent me a lovely letter which was waiting for me in the VIP section, talking about how much he loves the song I believe in a thing called love. I was Dad of the year, maybe Dad of the century, because all of this was a big surprise. So he just said that his daughter is looking at him right now through different eyes. Oh, because he's a hero. Now, Taylor Swift likes my dad's song co sign Y. Yeah, yeah, co sign. So if you don't know, Justin Hawkins does a podcast and it's Justin Hawkins Rides Again, and it's great. He just talks about music and he's really funny. He's articulate. And this is his song, I Believe In a Thing called Love. Number one song US iTunes, So.
Speaker 2: Taylor lip singing.
Speaker 3: This was at the US Open and everyone's so focused on Taylor Swift that they don't even notice that one of the Heims sisters is like right in front of her and they're both air guitaring a Taylor and I think it's Danielle Heim are like aer guard air guitaring this song well and just getting down.
Speaker 2: It's really cool.
Speaker 1: The Taylor Swift effect is not working on listeners of the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Go figure. It's in shock.
Speaker 1: It's in last place.
Speaker 2: I am a shock.
Speaker 1: Now it's a former winner on Throwback Thursday. So we'll see what happens. I just told you the story, gave you the backstory and all of that. We'll see what happens. Gravity Kills is in second place. Gravity Kills Guilty, also a former winner on Throwback Thursday. Gravity Kills always does well nine percent of the vote. For the Darkness. Forty percent of the vote for this song here Gravity kills Guilty, but I like it. This is when all that industrial rock was happening twenty twenty five years ago. Nine inch Nails, God Lives Underwater Filter Here's where it kicks in, Guilty Zoo. Well, then you got two great songs that I've I've already talked about what could possibly be. And I know when I say I hate something, I know you jag Offs go in there and just vote for it on purpose.
Speaker 12: I know what you do.
Speaker 7: I know it.
Speaker 1: So the more I say I hate this, the more boats it's getting. It's like I'm campaigning for it. Yeah, and you know who's leading the charge. Chili and the Chili Dogs. Chili loves this crap.
Speaker 2: I don't know why he danced weird though, this pump dance today it's awful.
Speaker 17: Bro, Bro, don't brow me what. Let's Claypool's like the like the what's his name? The guitar player from Rage, like the Tom Morello on the bass. Yeah, I mean, look the sounds that he makes. He's creative with it.
Speaker 1: I'm not denying that he's a phenomenal bass player, but maybe the worst singer.
Speaker 15: Ever doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Do you don't like.
Speaker 8: Fell in for him?
Speaker 1: I can feel in for him. Hey, Jerry was a big bron beaver.
Speaker 15: My name is Yes.
Speaker 1: This is all terrible. I never got primised. I never understood it. I like it. They're in my radio head folder. I don't get it. I don't get it. It's the number one vote getter right now.
Speaker 15: The video is so so cool. Dude to this song.
Speaker 1: Chili friend off, dude, friend off. Hater I am, I am, I am a hater. I am hoping that the Taylor Sware defect kicks in with my Darkness story today.
Speaker 15: Don't Taylor swift my primus.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens. This is gonna be fun to watch. This is gonna be fun to watch. The voting miss sucks. You can sucks. You can vote on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com The Buzz rod Ryan Show on a throwback Thursday. You got me interested now, You got me interested now. Prime is still in the lead with forty eight percent of the vote. Gravity kills in second place thirty nine percent of the vote. Darkness got a couple of votes. There. They're sitting at twelve percent. Right now, about three hundred and fifty votes came in since we played song clips and Primus still with a commanding lead. What's the matter with you? Guns?
Speaker 15: What's the matter with you?
Speaker 1: I am also like Joseph's wife, I am mad at him. Joseph sends me an email. Okay, Officer villar Real, I am upset with you, just like your wife is. He just sent me an email and you should have gotten a hold of me beforehand. He said, hello, brother Rod, my wife is a little upset with me. I never let my friends know that I was going to be receiving the Star of Texas Award yesterday in Austin, Texas by our Governor Greg Abbott. I work here in the Houston area as a Sheriff's deputy, and I've worked this area for the past twelve years. I was seriously injured in the line of duty about a year ago, but I'm doing everything i can to get better. I've copied her social media post below just to make mama happy. I've met you guys before at Buzzfest, multiple times at Monster Jams. Thank you so much for all that you and your team do for the community. Tessa Alex Chili, Captain Cash the Wizard, and you have our utmost respect and love. Rod Ryan Show listeners since two thousand and four. So the wife put this up and he never shared it. He never told any of his friends that he was getting this done. And his wife's like, what's the matter with you. This is a huge thing for our family. This is a huge thing for you. So mama's upset. She posted yesterday, good morning, family and friends. Joe was going to be receiving the Star of Texas Award today. This award recognizes brave men and women who gave their lives or sustained serious injury in the line of duty. So the ceremony yesterday was at ten thirty. It was broadcasted live on the internet. I think. So she put up a link. So listen, Officer Villarreal, you should have gotten with me yesterday. You should be at this. What a proud moment. And there's a great family picture. I'm gonna send this to Chili. We're gonna post this, send it to Tessa too. We're posting you this. This is awesome, dude. I don't know anything about the injury that he sustained, but it had to be really serious. So we're proud of you. Thank you for better late than ever. Thank you for sharing that, and I'm with your wife.
Speaker 2: Thanks Community News.
Speaker 1: You should have been shouting that from the rooftop, and I get it. You're very modest, but I appreciate you getting.
Speaker 7: That to us.
Speaker 16: Chili.
Speaker 1: If we can get that up, I'd love to let everybody congratulate him on such an amazing award. All right, keep sending me your word suggestions. Read my Lips is coming up at eight twenty this morning, Alex takes on Tessa for rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets.
Speaker 9: The rod Ryan Morning Show, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Twenty four or five The Buzz. Guys, you're doing a great job. I encourage more of you to continue to send me word suggestions. We're gonna play Read my Lips next hour, and then the winner of Reading my Lips is gonna get rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets. I got Alex taking on Tessa this morning. That shouldn't influence your words. Some of you are acting a fool. You think Chili's playing today with some of these words, you're submitting very dirty. Chili's not playing today, and you don't need to submit dirty words, okay, especially when Chili's playing got good, He'll do that on his own. Yeah, that's the only request from Tesla.
Speaker 8: Please, And.
Speaker 1: If she loses, it's because of your crappy words.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Putting that on you, exactly right, and the way I deliver them.
Speaker 2: There's no way a word that's not good.
Speaker 1: All right, So email me directly, Rod at the Buzz dot com and we're gonna play in about twenty five five minutes or so. Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, high of eighty eight. There she is with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Nearly four hundred thousand people are without power at as tropical depression Franccene is hitting Louisiana with torrential rain. At last check, the National Hurricane Center puts a storm at about thirty miles south of Jackson, Mississippi. Francine made landfall yesterday as a category two hurricanes just southwest of Moregan City, Louisiana.
Speaker 2: I said four.
Speaker 3: Hundred thousand people, that's four hundred thousand customers, So that's like different households and stuff, and we absolutely know what it's like to be in this situation. So you check on your friends in Louisiana, and we're gonna have to see what we can do to be able to assist these people, to assist our neighbors once all the dust settles from this.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Also, the world's first all.
Speaker 3: Civilian spacewalk got underway this morning as a part of the ambitious Polaris Dawn mission. The SpaceX mission launched four people in orbit this morning, including American billionaire Jerk Isaac, who will now be known as the first private citizen to conduct a spacewalk high above the Earth. He was followed out the Dragon Capsule hash Hatch by Sarah Gillis, while the other two crew members remained inside. So I cannot stressed you enough that if you haven't seen the footage of this, go take a look at it.
Speaker 2: The Polaris down. This is the farthest humans have ventured in fifty years since Apollo. So boundary is broken this morning. Very cool thing. Depending on right it's either you think, oh wow, that's so cool, or it.
Speaker 3: Might give you a little anxiety, like what the hell did We're like just walking in space tethered by a little rope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of think we take this stuff for granted. I was telling Alex, they don't know that that suit's gonna work. I mean they've tested it, but I mean, you can do all the simulation you want.
Speaker 2: You're the guinea pig.
Speaker 1: Sure stitches off on that damn suit. You're done right right?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 3: So yeah, those are our big stories. Then there's a lot of political nonsense to report on. I'm sorry, heavy on the nonsense, heavy on the nonsense. But I will say more than sixty seven million people did watch that showdown on Tuesday, the debate.
Speaker 2: So I mean people are interested.
Speaker 3: In So we can call it nonsense all we want, but people are clicking, they are watching, they are knowing all the takeaways.
Speaker 2: From the debate.
Speaker 1: The Elon Musk rebuttal is just what is it?
Speaker 8: What is it like?
Speaker 1: It's kind of great, it's weird, it's kind of great.
Speaker 2: It's so creepy, weird.
Speaker 1: Tell everybody what he did?
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, So we know that after the debate, Taylor Swift called herself a childless cat lady on her Instagram. She endorsed Harris. Then soon after Elon must tweeted, this is a quote. Fine, Taylor, you win. I will give you a child and guard your cats with my life.
Speaker 1: I believe him too. He's got isn't he like? Eight kids?
Speaker 5: Yea luxaturna all named after numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got a bunch. He's got a gaggle of kids over there on signs.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that was interesting.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Trump thinks Taylor will pay a price financially for not supporting him, and the Hairs campaign is now selling friendship bracelets.
Speaker 1: There you go. You were right when you said nonsense.
Speaker 2: The VMAs were last night.
Speaker 3: Katy Perry gave an extremely impressive ten minute performance.
Speaker 2: She was on cable.
Speaker 3: She was doing all these acrobatics above the stage. She sang the songs that really spanned her career. Lots of popular songs there. And it's no surprise Sailorswith was a big winner.
Speaker 2: At the VMA's.
Speaker 3: She won the Video of the Year for Fortnite featuring post Malone. She thanked her boyfriend Travis during that speech, saying he made the video so fun.
Speaker 2: Megan the Stallion had.
Speaker 3: A really funny moment wearing the I'm a Slave for You Britney Spears costume. She had an actual yellow Boa constructor around her and she was not feeling it. It was very funny, So yeah, go check out our VMA blog page. Very fun Okay, more fallout with Dave Grohl. It's no surprise things are not going well for him at the moment after he announced that he had fathered a baby girl born outside of his marriage, his eighteen year old Violet appears to have deactivated her Instagram.
Speaker 2: Also, an old article.
Speaker 3: Written by one of his exes is getting circulated going through the grape vine again. A girl had been seeing someone else at the same time as he was seeing her, So you know.
Speaker 2: He wants to turn his wife's dress back. But he also has hired a divorce lawyer. So those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, alex Yastro's fella the A's last night five to four. They do still lead the Mariners by three and a half games for first place in the Al West, seventeen games to play. They're going to wrap up their series with the A's this afternoon. Framer Valdez is going to be in the mound for the Strows going up against Oakland's Mitch Spence first pitches at one ten. You can listen to that game on our sister station Sports Talk seven ninety on Thursday Night Football. We've got Tyreek Hill and the Dolphins hosting Josh Allen and the Bills. Squish the Fish, Squish the Fish. Dolphins coming into this is three and a half point favorites. Kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch it on video on the sports blog Page today. If you haven't seen the Shannon Sharp incident, he went down yesterday. He allegedly accidentally went live on ig while having sex, and it's on.
Speaker 1: There all there. There's not like a video of him that's say.
Speaker 6: You can hear it in the background and everybody the comments are really what was funny because it's people like, wait, Helmie's roaring like a lion over there. Like it's really like all of the comments are just there's commentary on it the entire time.
Speaker 1: So we're thinking that the phone might have been on the nightstand or something. You don't get to see anything, but you hear Shannon Sharp moaning and groaning yeah, and every one of the.
Speaker 3: Comments is like, unk, hang up your phone, unk, Like they're calling him uncle.
Speaker 1: That's what you go.
Speaker 5: Check it out Sports blog Page Today.
Speaker 1: Shannon Sharp's beast. I feel bad for that girl. Yeah, he's a big dude. Man, I can't believe I'll put together that guy is still he always.
Speaker 6: Supposed to those shirtless like flex pictures just jacked still.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can't fit in the suits you wears. He gets those suits tailor made tight. They show every bulge.
Speaker 8: He used his rock, he.
Speaker 9: Used his alternative, The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz White Stripe's Seven Nation Army rod Ryan's Show, Thank you you know what. Let me take a look at the voting here, because I am we're getting ready for a throwback Thursday. I'm doing one final scan of all the words that you guys have been sending me. I'm scanning right now. So if you have a word suggestion for read my lips that's going to be coming up shortly, I will go through them. I will look and I will use all the greatest words so that I don't have to hear from Tessa that I'm not using the right words A good word primus. Why Nonah's Big Brown Beaver still in first place with forty three percent of the vote. Gravity kills thirty four percent of your vote. The number one song on Apple iTunes, Rock charts is a twenty one year old song from the band The Darkness. I believe in a thing called love. The best song in there today is in last place. It's only got twenty two percent of your vote. So you vote on links and guests and then you go. And all I said today is I encourage you to go to all of today's links and guests. I encourage you to keep scrolling and look at all the great stories that are on there, on all the different blog pages. I strongly suggest that you look at all the links today. The music blog page. There's so much on there. Nothing's gonna be better. I mean, I get it. We got to cover the Dave Grohl stuff. I get it, all right. But John bon Jovi saving a woman's life from jumping.
Speaker 2: Off of a bridge and having favorite story.
Speaker 1: And having video of it, it's insane. They were filming a video on a bridge and then across the bridge it was a woman that was thinking of jumping and John bon Joby went over there and talked her out of it. That's on the Music blog page. Cold plays on the music blog page. And then this story, which is is really really cool. I'm reading it and I said, I want to share this just because it's Houston's up. It's czy talk, okay. Mike Flint is from Columbus, Ohio. He joined the Zzy Top fan club back in nineteen eighty four, okay, and I think he paid one hundred dollars for a lifetime membership in there. He got to sign up for free zezy Top tickets for life, and he was the grand prize winner. Oh nice, okay in nineteen eighty four. He has seen every single tour since. He said his tickets have never not been there. He said they have treated him so well. He's gotten to go backstage. He said he knows the guys now, good friend. He was the Graham Prize winner. The membership included a satin tour jacket, a bumper sticker, and a signed poster. He can't find the poster, but he's got everything else. He's got the old satin jacket. Mike sixty one years old now, okay, and he still goes to zz Top shows. He says, I've got no plans to slow down. Quote. As long as I've got these benefits and I'm still kicking, I'll go see them. He's never had an issue with his tickets. Not being there, He said, it's been fabulous, it's been unbelievable. His favorite show was back when they were on the Eliminator tour. That was in nineteen eighty three, so that was when he joined the fan club. You love a band that's taking care of their fans. Yeah, you know, Taylor does a good Taylor Swift right now does a great job of taking care of her fans and doing all of that. Zz Top taking care of this guy all these years since nineteen eighty four, and he's still cashing in. This is my favorite. This might be my favorite cez Top song. Friday Night Lights the movie This is why. This is what they play this when they're playing in the Astronome in the movie, they play this song and the dudes are just like getting pombled and pombled and pombled. Oh, it's one of my favorite football movies ever. All right, guys, we're gonna play Read my lips coming up. I will scan one final time. If you have some word suggestions for me, email me directly Rod at the Buzz dot com. But you know we're playing. You know that Alex and Tesse are playing for you to win twentieth anniversary party tickets, Houston's.
Speaker 9: Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, I think I got it ready. I think I'm ready to go with all the words. Thank you for submitting all of your great and I'm gonna say it because you're not gonna hear it at the end of the game from the Loser. Thank you for submitting all the great words today that we're about to use for Throwback Thursday. Every one of them all killer, no filler, tessa, every one of them is great. If you don't get it, it's on you. These words are amazing. Okay, but I know that the tickets were given away. It's really got people's attention. Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, high of eighty eight. What's trending?
Speaker 2: Just pickle juice, hope with period cramps.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is the Tommy levideo.
Speaker 2: This is a question that I think I may have answered on the Looking at Girls blog page. Yeah, yeah, you got this is a look.
Speaker 3: This is one of my favorite blog pages you put together as far as looking at Girls go. Because yeah, Bunny XO lining it. She's at a cemetery in El Paso trying to talk to ghosts. Love that for her simobiles on this you're talking about how to alleviate period cramps.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is an A plus slam dunk of a blog page.
Speaker 1: Thank you. It's it's the blog page that takes me the longest to curate, and then I send it over to Chile and then he brilliantly puts all those links up. So yeah, Tommy Lee and his wife working on those menstrual cramps.
Speaker 2: With every month, once a month.
Speaker 1: What else, Well, you're a pickle fan, so you're gonna like that method. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also get terrible cramps, so I love it twice.
Speaker 1: Okay, what else?
Speaker 3: Also, there's this Twitch streamer and he's a former Call of Duty champion.
Speaker 2: His name is Doug Censer Martin.
Speaker 3: He has a Guinness World Record for the most pull ups performed in a twenty four hour period. He did nin and fifty pull ups and he tore up his hands. That's just over three hundred and sixty five pull ups each hour, or six point four each minute. That's a ton of pull ups.
Speaker 1: I don't think I could do ten.
Speaker 2: I definitely can't. I definitely can't do ten.
Speaker 3: I can maybe maybe do one strict strict and he's doing them overhand, right, Oh, I don't know whatever makes him do whatever had him do you get.
Speaker 1: On that chin up bar and you do them like you're curling with your hands your palms facing you. Everyone calls you a puss even though those are difficult.
Speaker 2: Too, that's all hard. I don't body weight.
Speaker 1: I can do ten of those, okay.
Speaker 3: And this may be a little too early for you, Alex and Rod, but just so you know, Arizona State has launched a Thriving in Your Empty Nest chapter. It's an online course for parents sending their kids off to college. For the low price of five hundred dollars, you can learn to embrace empty nesting and maybe turn your kids bedroom into a gym an office.
Speaker 5: Like you're not graduating or anything. I'm not going back to help agree, so.
Speaker 15: I need to help.
Speaker 1: You want me to take like a twelve year course to get ready for.
Speaker 11: Riding?
Speaker 2: You both of you are such little when it comes to that.
Speaker 5: Don't leave me London anyway.
Speaker 2: That's a trending on Iperbug Buzz, get.
Speaker 1: Out, get out, a little party time, get out, all right? Do you want to be on Team Alex or Team Tessa. Okay, she's already complaining. We haven't even started yet. Step it up. It's for rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. Chili's answering the phones and then he'll come in here and be my timekeeper. He must have lost yesterday or last week seven one, three, two, nine, four five. If you want to get in on this, Ryan celebrating twenty years on the Buzz, twenty years of the most.
Speaker 9: Beautiful man any of us have ever met. Yeah, Yeah, ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz. Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. A tweezer say it ain't so chillie. Do you wish you were playing? Or you glad you're not playing because it's such a big ticket today.
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't know that you guys ever feel any extra responsibility when there's a huge prize on the line.
Speaker 2: We'll see when we talk to the players we're playing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm more relaxed now than it's at eight twenty. When it was a seven twenty was a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think the quality of the words are great. That we're going to be using today. The quality is wonderful. The listeners never fail us. It's not to read my lips. Alex is taking on Tessa this morning, and they're trying to win you tickets to this little party called The rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary, October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. Michael says he wants those tickets. Hi, Michael, very good morning. This is really really big.
Speaker 5: No no pressure, Alex.
Speaker 1: This is really really big. So Alex is trying to win these for you.
Speaker 9: Yes, he's going to he got it.
Speaker 1: You're putting all this pressure on me. Now, I'm gonna be in my.
Speaker 5: Head about it.
Speaker 1: I don't think these animals in the arm. I don't think these animals give a flip what the prize is. I don't think they're just they're in their own bubbles. They don't care about you. I like that about it, all right, Well, Michael has Alex, and then that means Joey, good morning, good morning. You think Tessa is going to be the one that gets you into the party, I'm gonna need it. Me and my wife did years.
Speaker 2: Your wife sounds lovely, But what about you, Joey? Did you pick me?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I picked straight up, straight up.
Speaker 2: All right, well you know what, I will stand up. Then I will stand up.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 15: Your anniversary for me and my wife on October?
Speaker 1: No pressure, Oh he went okay, he got a ten year anniversary. Okay, well listen, uh, Alex you're the returning champ. Yeah, you want to go first or second? All right?
Speaker 5: D think I should do your dude, Michael, you.
Speaker 1: Want him to go first or second? All right, Tessa?
Speaker 5: Second half?
Speaker 1: Testa headphone up, put the press, headphone up please. All right, I'm shuffling the words. Shuffling the words.
Speaker 5: I don't care what they're being shoved.
Speaker 1: I don't care who gets what word here.
Speaker 6: I don't care if you're a golfer you Xander's cheff whateff.
Speaker 1: That was a bad joke.
Speaker 15: I had to try to know everything you say is good.
Speaker 5: Broks Okay means.
Speaker 1: A lot shuffled and ready to rock. Chili. You're my timekeeper, yes, sir? All right, Chili. You know how it works. I'm going to say the word, then you start timing. Tesla will have twenty seconds to get these words. Okay. Joey thinks Tessa is going to get him into the Rod Ryan Show. Twenty anniversary party. Here we go, Chilli, are you ready?
Speaker 15: Yeah, all right, send the Timers song when it aims you have a timer song. Yeah, okay, if you had a phone, you know.
Speaker 1: Joshua F. Sent this word in thumbs up, thumbs up, Here we go. Fuzzy knuckle, risky nuggets, fuzzy knuckle, bunky knuckle, fuzzy knuckle, fuzzy knuckle.
Speaker 2: That is so weird.
Speaker 8: That is weird that chilli.
Speaker 1: Would you do the fuzzy knuckle shuffle?
Speaker 2: Weirdo word, weirdo word.
Speaker 1: She's complaining this a little like lpape.
Speaker 5: I don't need to be catching strays or I did nothing. I did nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying she was here in mind of my own business, complaining about a word. She got right. Who's the uh, Joshua F.
Speaker 15: Good word, Joshua, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Here we go. Adam sent this word in, Here we go.
Speaker 2: What is a fuzzy knuckle?
Speaker 15: Chili a knuckles?
Speaker 5: Your mother urban di snary?
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus, oh god, you're lucky. She didn't hear that, but her mom will text her later.
Speaker 5: I know that you have to give it a goog.
Speaker 1: I think tomorrow's Friday. The thirteenth rows right at the thirteen thumbs up.
Speaker 12: Crystal Lake, Rachel Lady, Crystal Lake, Green Lake, Crystal Lake, say the Crystal Lake, Crystal Lake Lake.
Speaker 2: That is so oh my god. Okay, these are bad words and I'm getting them, so I guess they're okay.
Speaker 5: I thought that was a difficult one my life.
Speaker 1: She's got two in a row. She's complaining.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would be like being like Lake Mead Good. I'm thinking about that.
Speaker 1: Friday the thirteenth one.
Speaker 15: I would have said Crystal Beach, Crystal mess.
Speaker 1: Maybe no, you would have said Crystal Ham Titty shut up? Yeah, all right, here we going Ham Crystal Titty. Some some variation would do, I'm sure of it. Megan. Megan said this word in here we go? Is she gonna go three for three?
Speaker 14: Here?
Speaker 1: Aw, it's for twenty anniversary party tickets.
Speaker 5: Thumbs up up.
Speaker 1: Booty dooty what booty.
Speaker 18: Dooty booty, delicious booty, dooty booty, judy booty, dooty booty, tooty booty, dooty booty, dooty booty, dooty.
Speaker 2: Booty, noogie booty.
Speaker 14: Oh man, what was it?
Speaker 1: You were dancing all over it?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: I knew it was booty something.
Speaker 1: Booty, dooty, Oh god, boy, guest, bad word, super dumb things, super dumb sharp. It is a thing, is it? It is booty? Because I feel like if I have fun, if Chili would get me a job at the strip joints, I would say, and Madison, get that booty on duty, get that booty on duty.
Speaker 15: I know a guy that can get you a job if you want it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, if this doesn't work out, I want to be a strip club DJ.
Speaker 2: This does is not working out.
Speaker 1: Give it up for Diamond, all right.
Speaker 15: Alex is down up for Tesla E so new electric cars. You got to add him in though.
Speaker 1: Okay, your boy got she got two. Your boy needs to get two to tie. Hey, Joey, she did good, she did good, she got two. Where's Michael? Michael? You picked Alex. You said that he was going to be the guy who get it done for you, right right? Okay, he wanted and you wanted him to go second. Let's see what he does.
Speaker 15: He sounded so excited on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's let the other one complain. Now she had sent this it in thursdays are stressful. Still thumbs up. Yeah, lazy liquor.
Speaker 19: What lazy liquor, lazy leamur, lazy liquor, lazy leader, lazy liquor liquor, lazy liquor.
Speaker 5: Lazy liquor.
Speaker 1: What the hell is that?
Speaker 9: Exactly?
Speaker 8: Shut up?
Speaker 1: You got it right, Shut off. It's still the broomfish, that's all. There is probably a boom fish. They're probably car all right, lazy liquor stick noise. We're starting any two words together?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that what you just said. Yes, any two words could be together.
Speaker 15: He's triggered. It's triggered. Right, he gave me he passed.
Speaker 1: When you were playing. Now I'm it's gonna I'm gonna be mad.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Here we go.
Speaker 1: Focus. You just can't wait. Even when you win, you can't win.
Speaker 5: Children.
Speaker 2: Are we winners with these words?
Speaker 1: Here we go? Sam said this one, and Sam a thumbs up.
Speaker 15: I blame the moose knuckle, Oh the harry.
Speaker 1: Buzzy buzzy knuckle.
Speaker 5: Here we go, Here we go, thumbs up, thumbs out.
Speaker 2: Tough titty, tough titty, Oh, set the.
Speaker 1: Chill, Oh my god, no, okay, with that dumb.
Speaker 2: That that was the best word is the best words.
Speaker 1: This is two words put together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's like a saying.
Speaker 1: It's just two words put together. It's so stupid.
Speaker 2: All right, come on, the best word.
Speaker 15: One more words.
Speaker 1: We're tired. Okay, this is two words put together, like every word that we've ever used on this game. Two words put together.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, my a.
Speaker 1: Thumbs up, pickle juice for the wind, thumbs up.
Speaker 20: Moist scab, what moist, scab, moist, snap moist scab, moiist scab.
Speaker 1: Moist snack, moist, snap moist, scab, moist, damp, moist scab, moist scab.
Speaker 5: We just don't get it ever, and then we just take forever. Then they all were all losers.
Speaker 1: Then Chris our famous are not famous. Chris Daughtry is a Hall of Fame word submitter. I don't know what's going on in his world. He submitted moist scam today. I did not moist scam. Two words smashed together.
Speaker 15: Okay, headphones, it's a tough crowded dave.
Speaker 8: Oh damn, oh boy.
Speaker 1: Focus, focus all right, overtime rules. It's easy. I'm gonna say the word. You keep guessing until you get it right. Chili's gonna start timing as soon as I say the second word. That was just smashed together for no reason.
Speaker 9: I got it.
Speaker 1: So that was Chris Daughtry with the scab. It's not that he has scabs.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that Chris the scab.
Speaker 1: This is another Chris D. I just it's a different one. It's a Chris D. He submitted this. So all right, change those change those headphones around.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, hold on, started regular, Okay, it's on.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, Chili. Are you ready with the timer? Yes, sir, all right, here we go. The other Chris D. Remember you gotta hit it soon like boom, soon as I'm done. All right, thumbs up. She's laughing her ass off right now, she's completely unspooled.
Speaker 14: Here it.
Speaker 1: Come, pull yourself together.
Speaker 8: I will yet, I will yet.
Speaker 1: You're done, Joey, Yeah, done, Your girl is here we go.
Speaker 7: Messy bed, pannies, messy panties, messy bed, Betty back, messy bed, messy pants, messy bed, Bessie back.
Speaker 1: Messy bed, Mexican, messy bed, messy pad, messy.
Speaker 2: Bed, messy bed.
Speaker 5: Boom, it's now free beer Friday.
Speaker 8: She just got it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all the beer winners get tickets. It's winth anniversary party.
Speaker 15: That's already Monday.
Speaker 1: We got one case. If you're left at nine, I think it's Friday. Get Alex in here. This is the last time we're playing this. You don't even know the half of it. Right here, Alex, put on your dumb headphones. Yeah, word, get over of your dumb microphone.
Speaker 2: I feel so bad. That was my best. I know I was laughing, but I was trying my best.
Speaker 8: No you, yes, I was.
Speaker 5: That's not your best, play you best.
Speaker 1: So what happens?
Speaker 15: What happens when the person doesn't gets it right? There's rat get man.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 15: As will be one.
Speaker 1: All right, dumb Alex has his dumb headphones on. Let's got the dumb microphone in front of his dumb mouth. Look at I made with his dumb eyes, excusing.
Speaker 2: Beautiful together, crystallized.
Speaker 1: Are you ready? Thumbs up? Whatever? That's all? Here we go. Messy bed, messy bed, Okay, Tessa, okay.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was maybe it was my best.
Speaker 1: It was National Make your Bed Day the other day yesterday.
Speaker 2: I thought it was like pannies. I thought it was like Mexican.
Speaker 5: The words kind of jumbled.
Speaker 1: Our messy bed he got it? What was his time?
Speaker 2: What zero second?
Speaker 15: It's like one point six?
Speaker 1: And what was mine? Essa was close?
Speaker 15: Tessa was still running?
Speaker 8: What was mine? I got it?
Speaker 15: Twenty two point four eight.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Michael, you're the winner. We're all losers, Michael rod Ryan Show, twentieth Anniversary party tickets, team you get it?
Speaker 2: Well, you're alone in that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, because you're the only person trying to get anything right now, Michael. So job, let's break here, Alex.
Speaker 2: That's more problem.
Speaker 1: Thank you Tessa for losing is what you here? Welcome very good and that is true though tomorrow is the free Beer Friday Show, and all of our beer winners are going to get twentieth anniversary party tickets, all right, ho.
Speaker 13: Anative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Shown The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. It's Lincoln Park and this is throwback Thursday. And I'm not even looking at anymore. I think Primus is still in the lead. The more I complain, the more votes hits. So I'm just shutting up right now. Winning song played at nine point thirty. Just do the right thing.
Speaker 15: That's it?
Speaker 1: Can I ask that can you just one time do the right thing. Those people that listen to the show come on ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy. Chili's still happy, so that means Primus is still in the lead. I see him flailing around his arms. Partly cloudy today with a temper cent chance of rain high of eighty eight. Still to come. A one hundred dollars Jersey Mike's gift card and then pit tickets for Creed three doors down. Those are going to be on no the show. The Jersey Mike's Gift card will be at around nine ten. Right now it's a fifty three and I've got Tessa with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the big story that I'm talking about today is the world's first all civilian spacewalk took place this morning. It was part of the ambitious Polarist Dawn mission. This is a SpaceX mission that launched four people into orbit, including American billionaire Jared Isaacman. Exiting the crew dragon capsule on a tether, He noted that back at home, we all have a lot of work to do, but from here, Earth sure looks like a perfect world.
Speaker 5: Thanks billionaire, Yes, I bet it is.
Speaker 3: A Pakistani man living in Texas has been indicted on charges that he was trying to orchestrate an elaborate murder for higher place that was targeting several politicians, including former President Trump. The Justice Department says a siaf merchant who has ties to Iran had started to recruit who he thought would be hit men. They turned out to be undercover federal agents. Is this seriously a job now? A guy in Spain claims he's making very good money working as a professional wedding destroyer. Brides with cold feet supposedly hire him to show up and object so they don't have to go through with it. He says it started as a joke. He posted an ad offering to rescue brides from their wedding for five hundred euros. Then women actually started hiring. He says he's booked through the end of the year. And he says, if you have doubts or you don't want to get married and don't know how to refuse, don't worry.
Speaker 2: I'll object to your wedding. You just need to tell me the time, place and the date.
Speaker 1: I just got to open up the books. I want to see how to see the receipt. I want to see how many people are actually paying. Now I'm not doubting that he did at once, but him being booked up with this dumb racket for the end of the year, I don't believe it.
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 3: It doesn't always go well people at the end of the wedding and to get very upset, as you'd expect.
Speaker 2: There is an extra fifty dollars fee if someone slaps him.
Speaker 1: All right, now, I know it's dumb. Now, I know it's not just got dumber. I know that's less true.
Speaker 8: Now well, why stop?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Why stop the dumb train. The Pride of Tennessee Hailey Welch launched her new podcast, Oh Wait a minute, You love Bunny Xo.
Speaker 1: In her podcast, this girl's got a podcast. She's not awesome.
Speaker 3: Bunny XO has been working on her podcast for eight years. She's gotten better at interviewing people. She this isn't someone who just but woke up and was famous.
Speaker 1: Well, she's got one under her belt.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm supporting. I'm supporting her. If she can do well, this is this is fine. She had Whitney, she had Whitney Cummings. She's friends with Whitney Cummings. If you think I'm not jealous of that, you're absolutely wrong.
Speaker 1: Well you know who we're talking about, that.
Speaker 8: Dude spent on that night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hailey doesn't know what she's doing, and she proves that she admittedly doesn't know what she's doing. She says when she first got on her first flight after becoming a viral sensation, she tried to take a box cutter and knives onto a plane because she had never ridden on a plane before, and she thought, Okay, I'm coming from my small town going out into the big, mean world. I need to have a little bit of protection on me. But her manager was like, hey, you can't take those things on the plane. And TSA also told her like, ma'am, you can't carry a knife on a plane.
Speaker 2: So she had to learn the hard way.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: She also learned you have to wear socks at the airport because she didn't know you had to take your shoes.
Speaker 1: Really, we have a blog page up on this. I suggest you go through the whole thing.
Speaker 3: John bon Jobi was filming a video on a bridge in Nashville on Tuesday night and he noticed a woman in despair standing on a ledge He went over to the woman and was able to convince her not to jump.
Speaker 2: He also pulled her off the ledge because she.
Speaker 3: Was on the other side of the bridge, like literally ready to let go.
Speaker 8: Whatever.
Speaker 3: He and I believe it's his wife or his assistant someone him and another female bonjob they went over there and literally talked this person off of the ledge back over and hope getting the help that she needs.
Speaker 2: I think it was it was here she needs.
Speaker 3: And the chief of the Nashville Police Apartment over there says shout out to John bon.
Speaker 2: Jovi and his team.
Speaker 3: It takes all of us to keep each other safe. What a great reminder during National Suicide Prevention Month. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: I don't believe she didn't know that she couldn't bring a knife on board. I don't even know if I believe this jo John Boat bon Jovi's story.
Speaker 2: It just seems like I believe the John bon Jovie story.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 8: I have to.
Speaker 3: There's a video of the John bon Jovi story. Yeah, there's video surveillance video, not like, hey, a PR stunt video.
Speaker 6: I did think that yesterday when I saw this, I thought it.
Speaker 5: Was like old footage.
Speaker 2: It was like, hey, one time John bon Jovi saved somebody.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize like this was like this week.
Speaker 1: So it happened time that they're filming somebody is getting ready to jump. Yeah, it's just coincidence that they were.
Speaker 5: There, right.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, the two previous stories, I don't believe this one. I believe around there you go, Okay, I'm with you. I cannot believe the Astros lost.
Speaker 11: I cannot either the anything turn around. They'll turn around if as five four last night, they do still have a three and a half lead for first place in the AL West, though they had seventeen games left to play, plenty of time get some more wins and turn things around.
Speaker 5: They wrap their series up with the ag this afternoon.
Speaker 6: Fram Ravalve does have be in the mount for this drows going up against Oakland's Mitch Spence first pitches at one to ten.
Speaker 5: You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 6: Ninety on Thursday Night Football Tyreek Hill and the Miami Dolphins host Josh Allen and Rod's Buffalo Bills. Squishing the fish, that's what they're gonna try and do, at least corpins our three and a half point favorites coming into this one.
Speaker 2: Kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch it on Prime Video. Squish the fish, Squish the fish, the fish.
Speaker 5: That's what's going on sports.
Speaker 1: Squish out a beech, Squish the fish. Oh my god, it works better when you're up here. Hi, is how you play it up? Air Basin Switched the fish.
Speaker 13: Switch it the fish hot Houston's alternative and tell them of the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ryan Show, Creed and Higher. Creed is playing on Saturday night. I feel like we've been talking about this show forever because we have that one announced a long, long time ago. But then why it also is significant? It is because it's sold out so quickly. Okay, imagine Dragons sold out. I don't know that twenty one pilots sold out. I don't think they did. I think there were tickets available on that day, big big shows coming up, and not every you just assume, well, it must be sold out. No it's not. But Creed immediately sold out. This is their biggest market Houston. Same could be said of bands like Shine Down. You know they'll tell you. You can ask Brent. He's not just sucking up to us. He'll tell you, like, I don't know, something's going on in Houston, man, they really like us. Jacoby will say the same thing in Papa Roach. It's because of you guys, you know, supporting this radio station and then thus supporting the bands. It's like it's this whole thing Houston. For bands that are not from Houston, it's their biggest market. And I think that's why. I know that's why when Creed put out a DVD of their live perform I remember they were going for some kind of Guinness Book of World Records for the most cameras used. I was at that show with Chili years ago. But they chose they wanted their live DVD to look great. They said, well, let's do it in Houston. That's where our I mean, they're from Florida, but it was here that they wanted to film. They're gonna be along with Three Doors Down and Finger eleven on Saturday Night. What a show. We'll have pit tickets for you on know the show that's coming up Party Claude's guys. Ten percent chance rain hies up around eighty eight. I think I said it before, and I'm going to say it again, y'all act in a fool with this throwback Thursday. Okay, I.
Speaker 8: Don't like that.
Speaker 1: Chili's got the keys to the back end here, and I know what I'm saying. I know what I'm saying. You check the tape all.
Speaker 8: Day on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, He's got the keys to the back end of what's going on here on our website. So I don't know what kind of manipulation is happening, Tessa. There's no way that I think without some trickery and some tom foolery, there's no way that I believe this is like, this is like I don't believe the results. It sounds like someone else. I do not believe the results here, Jilly, what are you doing? Are you monkeying around with these votes?
Speaker 15: That hurts me, man, It breaks my heart that you actually would think I would cheat.
Speaker 1: It's a horrible song that's in first place. Primus why known as Big Brown Beaver Stupid. It's number one. I mean, it's been number one the whole show.
Speaker 15: I mean, what do you want? That's what the listeners want.
Speaker 1: That's what you want, and that's what makes it. That's what makes it, That's what makes it sketch, super sketch. I mean thank you, thank you. Uh, darkness went from third place to second place. The darkness I believe in a thing called love. That's a former Throwback Thursday winner. Gravity Kills Guilty is a former winner. It's in last place, but man, nothing can to throne primuses why known as Big Brown Beaver.
Speaker 15: I get it.
Speaker 1: It's a funny title, but you I want to sit through that song. Okay, I agree, it's a funny sounding title, Okay, Beaver.
Speaker 15: The beat of it, like the guitar wem, doesn't put you in a good mood.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I even hated you doing that. Hate. I even hated that. The winning song, the song he's in such a good mood because there was no pressure to play read my lips today, So that's all automatically he's in a good mood, and then his song is gonna win. Uh. You've got about twenty minutes to vote, all right. Speaking of speaking of Throwback Thursday, I love the one drive or whatever your memory system is on your phone. Mine is one drive and it'll pop up and it'll say seven years ago today, eight years ago today, and I love seeing it or Facebook memories are really good with that too. Yeah, Facebook does a great job of you know, and I it's even if it's just for me. I love seeing it and it's just like it takes you back to where you were on that day. I got some pictures that came up seven years ago today and it was Dinah wearing the Houston Strong shirt and I had to go look it up, and yeah, Hurricane Harvey was seven years ago. It hit on August twenty fifth. So on this day, we were promoting our line of clothing to help hurricane victims. I mean, as my house was just getting ready to flood, I with a pregnant wife and a dog was here at the hotel. Derek and I was on my computer and we were designing T shirts and hats to sell. As I didn't know what was happening with my house, I just knew that we had to do something, you know. So we were designing those shirts and then we came up with the Houston Strong the T shirts and the hats and everything. So on this day, we were taking pictures of all of us wearing the stuff to try to promote it. So you're wondering, well, wait a minute, it it was August twenty fifth. Well, it takes a while to get that stuff to print, right, so I'm sure we were promoting it much sooner than that. But this is when we got our stuff that we were taking pictures and a very fresh faced Alex much in those pictures are dirty, the dirtiest stash. I mean, Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers filth okay, and you're hanging Burns. I love it. Yeah, So, and then Phyllis is in there. But the picture of Dinah is what's got people this morning just going, oh, yeah, that's so great, and I hope it puts a smile on your face. It's just it was a it was a horrible time in the city. It's still the worst hurricane you know, that we've had, at least in our time. I don't know. I guess there's that that Galveston one was but worse. But it was a time that we all came together. So I look at that now that we had it behind us, and I know there was fatalities and it was a billion dollars in damage, but just how the community came together and stuff, and that's how I choose to remember that stuff. And I'm always just choosing to remember the good stuff with Dinah and not to wallow and you know how we got here. So it's a really cool throwback Thurst day today. I was glad that that stuff popped into my phone and and good to see Phyllis on there too as well. That was pre Chilly on this show. Yeah, obviously pre Tessa, but that was post Jessica, right right, we're trying to think of the order of every Claire. Oh, yeah, you're right, there was a Claire year in there.
Speaker 15: All right.
Speaker 1: So if you're not following us, you should be following us at rod Ryan Show on the Instagram. You got a gift card to give away?
Speaker 3: I do, so I have the one in Jersey Mike's gift cards. If it's not freshly sliced, it's not Jersey Mike's Jersey Mike's is some above all right?
Speaker 1: Caller ten seven.
Speaker 9: And The rod Ryan Morning Show, six am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Got a gift card, got a gift card to give away? Hey, good morning, Hey, good Marling.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this's Mike? Hi Mike? How are you? Oh I'm doing great, I'm doing better now. Yeah, your caller number ten. You should be doing better. Well done, Hike. I think we got a pretty good gift card for him.
Speaker 2: We have Jersey Mikes for Mike love it isn't that fun?
Speaker 3: One hundred dollars and Jersey Mike's gifts cards, gift cards.
Speaker 2: We love this sandwich place. It's nails. We hope you enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, Thank you, Hey, Mike, thanks for listening, and uh, have a great time over there. It's awesome. It's awesome. Okay, all right, Mike, have a great day. Thank you. I'll just sort that iHeartRadio ad. I know you can go download all your favorite podcasts on iHeartRadio. Alex, you got a new podcast up today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we uh, we've talked about concepts, so it was a concept podcast.
Speaker 5: It is pretty great.
Speaker 6: We are we're trying to bring back supper clubs. I watched good Fellas this week and was like, supper clubs just looked like there was so much fun, Like they turned into comedy clubs. But like this name supper clubs sounds cool, So we might open up supper clubs soon.
Speaker 1: What would the entertainment be?
Speaker 5: Who knows? We could bury it. Yeah, this Frank Sinatra in person, and there's probably little you.
Speaker 1: Have chili up there doing a little songs.
Speaker 5: Abotually highed chili.
Speaker 6: First we did We've got ranked James Earl Jones characters since he passed to it this week, and then we did some more Robert Feelin's and talked to football Okay, check it out Pass three podcast on the on The Rod Ryan Show pages today too.
Speaker 1: Ladel Lael Online, Kid's Alex Online ninety four five The much All right, what you're doing here? I thought this was kind of cool.
Speaker 6: This is called similar Song Finder, and this will help you find songs that are like similar to your taste. Maybe you're looking for something new or something just similar to whatever you're listening to. I tried to use something that we're currently playing on the Buzz, the Emptiness Machine from Lincoln Park.
Speaker 17: Oh.
Speaker 6: You just go type in a song you're like, Okay, I want to find something that sounds similar to this, and it'll find songs that are similar styles, beats and key of the song that you're that you're into.
Speaker 1: So what is similar to this?
Speaker 6: I typed an Emptiness Machine and Strangers from Bring Me the Horizonment Horizon was the first thing that popped up.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I guess the beat.
Speaker 6: Kind of is similar to and then yeah, yeah, I mean it's not always the beat, it's not always the key, it's not always that Sometimes it's just the style that it's in. Also, Hysteria from Muse sounds like Emptinus Machine the machine. This says, dude, this thing's legit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I wouldn't I wouldn't have put these songs together on my own.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't have either.
Speaker 6: But this would be a cool playlist, Like if you're trying to create a cool playlist for the weekend or something, maybe do this and then you really like one song right now, you'll find a bunch of other stuff that's similar to it. Also, my Chemical Romance are not okay, this is similar to Emptyness Machine.
Speaker 1: All of this that we're listening to has come off of that one song.
Speaker 6: Off of that one song. You just have me one song, and it gave me. It's good, it gave me ten songs.
Speaker 2: And it sounds like this is what AI is for for this and.
Speaker 5: This song or maybe it's not AI. Maybe it's not AI.
Speaker 6: We don't know, I think, but but go check it out and uh, you can find Today's AOL songfinder at the world famous rod ryanshowpage at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: Rod you should put in.
Speaker 1: Listen. It's only four minutes. It's possible. The darkness, I believe it. A thing called love has thirty eight percent of your vote. Primus why known as Big Brown Beaver, ha haa. I know it's funny, but the song sucks forty one percent. It's close, it's close. You have three four minutes to cast your vote and make a difference in Today's Throwback Thursday and not allow Chili to win.
Speaker 5: True Show five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz. That's green Day, rod Ryan's Show, Throwback Thursday. It's gonna get over to the votes in just a second.
Speaker 12: Here.
Speaker 1: I don't see anything above a ten percent chance of rain today. Partly Cloudy Hive about eighty eight. I talked a little bit about, you know, today's Throwback Thursday, and then I found some pictures and I thought it was really really fun. It was seven years ago and you see Dinah and you see a very fresh faced Alex and Phyllis in those pictures, and I posted those up on Throwback Thursday, and that the gear that we were pushing at that time was the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund, and that's we you know, we were trying to raise money to help out people here in our city. We are going to launch. I believe our store is gonna launch tomorrow. Boobs Rock We'll start tomorrow. And I was just reminded I followed this guy on Instagram, Danny Riggs. You guys have heard of him before here, he's the breast cancer dude. Dudes get breast cancer. Dudes get breast cancer. It's pretty rare. But there was a couple of drummers that got oh. I think I think Peter Cris of Kiss may have had it, and the drummer of Zebra Hey Roden family. On my way to M. D Anderson for scans to see if the last treatments are working. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't anxious, but I know I'm not alone. Thanks for all you do every year for breast cancer research. Please remind our brothers to also be aware of their breast health. All Boobs Rock and so do the people that are attached to them. Love y'all, create your best day possible and keep effing going. Danny Riggs he goes by the breast cancer dude on Instagram, so he's going to get checked. We're just going to pass along good thoughts to you, Danny. I'm hoping that you're gonna be hoping you're gonna get great news today. It's just, you know, and I understand him. He's up against the amount of women that get it compared to the amount of men that get it. You know, he's just trying to create some awareness and it's proper. Okay, four thous this has to be a record four thousand votes on TVT Yes, the record may have been twenty five hundred votes. I don't know what happened today. I know what happened. A lot of you voted. Ll happen, no doubt. Chili Chili, I know, I know you're doing something around that back end, all right. Gravity kills sixteen percent of the vote. Primus Winona's Big Brown Beaver forty percent of the vote, forty one percent of the vote, the darkness I believe in a thing called love forty two percent of the vote. They come away with a victory and a last second passing of that dumb Primus song, Mom, It's so bad Thursday, whatever the hell that is. Here's your throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five the.
Speaker 21: Bush, Johnnie spells, you make care.
Speaker 8: We had staring.
Speaker 14: Away, something.
Speaker 8: Sting me.
Speaker 14: Something I believe it be come up, something making down.
Speaker 1: I want to consow.
Speaker 14: Every meeting and every hour, every time you call me, hen Spamber everything to self come something nothing.
Speaker 8: Nothing, It's a.
Speaker 14: Way something like your doom, your son. Ye can see.
Speaker 22: Something, Susy man, Susy, I will leave you with a brink cooler just a little bit.
Speaker 1: It's sounding my kid now because it is so good.
Speaker 8: I'm saying my kids, come on.
Speaker 1: You know that was fun. It's what Taylor Swift would have wanted to happen. Okay, can we all agree on that? Ninety four or five The buzz, that's the darkness. I believe in a thing called love. Chili had the break the big brown beaver slapped right out of his hand. He was right there ready to take a bite out of it.
Speaker 2: It's upsett.
Speaker 1: Look he's not even grabbing the headphone. He doesn't want to talk to Chili.
Speaker 2: Strike.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is, you know I can't do anything. I don't know what you got going on over there. I know that you're doing some trickery, some sorcery back there. Man.
Speaker 16: Look man, all I'm gonna say is you didn't have to go on air and start crying about it.
Speaker 15: Come on all the swift these phone you low. You had to go to get you.
Speaker 1: And I said it earlier today on the show. When I really dislike a song, yeah this is I'm a fan, Okay, I listened to this radio show. I want I want the song that I want played right right. I don't get songs that I want played on the air. When I don't like a song, people do the opposite. They're like, haha, Rod doesn't like this one, I'm gonna vote for it. Do you know that's what happens.
Speaker 15: I just hope that you're happy for your participation trophy.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm very happy he's happy.
Speaker 1: Nobody needs to be put through that three and a half minutes of that Primus BS. It's terrible.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 15: I'm not gonna I'm not going to bad mouth you know. I'm gonna be a you know what, we gave it a run, we didn't win. You know what, We're gonna try harder next time.
Speaker 2: So optimistic, bro, there is no next time.
Speaker 1: For Primis They Will They Will be. You know, grab another great track off of their album, Sailing the Seas of Cheese.
Speaker 15: For a band for a person that really dislikes them, you sure do know their music.
Speaker 1: I was forced to be around them a little bit at one point, and uh, I just never got it.
Speaker 15: They didn't give you an autograph or they didn't take a picture with you.
Speaker 6: I take you.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've a met those guys.
Speaker 15: That's why you don't like them less.
Speaker 1: Claypool is one of the most badass bass players of all time. There's no question about it. He's almost too good. He's too good.
Speaker 14: You know what.
Speaker 15: I'm going back to Bernie Mack right now. I don't want to touch to him.
Speaker 1: I told you about that Darkness song number one with that that that song is what did we say? It was seventeen years old, twenty one years old. Somewhere around there's is twenty one years old. That song don't make me think like that two thousand and three.
Speaker 15: So this is so the singer for this band, right is the guy that that I that wasn't the on the the Hockens. Yeah, Taylor Hawkins.
Speaker 1: Thing, the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert when when Wolfy came out and Wolfy played some van Halen stuff. Justin Hawkins is the one that was doing the singing.
Speaker 15: Okay, okay, I see.
Speaker 1: And Wolfy was playing hot for Teacher masterfully.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 1: Is that a word, Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 15: It was flaw It was the closest you'll ever get to van Halen, like Eddie van Halen.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'll agree with you.
Speaker 15: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Listen, his dad's his dad is arguably one of the greatest guitar players of all time. It's inarguable that his dad was one of the greatest of all time. His uncle is one of the greatest rock drummers ever. So this guy's just got this stuff flowing through him. I didn't know he was that good a guitar player until the Taylor Hawkins tribute. I knew Wolfe was talented. I think we all know Wolfe's talented. Yeah, I didn't know he could play like that.
Speaker 2: I had busted out.
Speaker 1: I had no idea, and he the thing that was so fun about the this is what ChIL he's getting at. Wolfie doesn't do any van Halen. He's just out there playing Mammoth WVH just has to.
Speaker 2: Be a special occasion.
Speaker 1: And it was just because because Taylor Hawkins was such a huge Van Halen fan that he agreed to do it and David asked him and he's like, yeah, I think Dave was blown away that Wolfe said.
Speaker 15: Yes, Yeah, it was awesome. It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Justin Hawkins, the lead singer of the Darkness, he just went to a Taylor swimt show. He took his doll and Taylor is a huge fan of that song, so and them lip syncing it at the US Open her and her dumb boyfriend Travis Kelce. So that song, twenty one years old is a number one song on Apple iTunes Rock chart. Right now, all the little girls are going, what was my girl singing? I didn't even like that song? Yep.
Speaker 2: I like that song period, point blank.
Speaker 15: Yeah, good foot thing man. I'm happy for that.
Speaker 1: And I'll say this outside of any other and this is as political as I'll get outside of any other celebrity in the world. I mean this, I don't care who they're voting for. Okay, I don't care, and I don't think you know what I mean, Like, you're not gonna sway me Okay, she can move the needle. The amount of people that went to vote dot org.
Speaker 2: Three hundred thousand after she said.
Speaker 1: Who she is backing, which we all know it's Kamala. She can make a difference. Okay, who Alec Baldwin wants? Who cares what I or any celebrity for that matter, but her followers that are eighteen and older, she can move the needle. Oh that was a huge, huge coup.
Speaker 15: I'm just saying, Kamala Primis can do it too.
Speaker 1: Do it? You know who Les Claypool's voting for?
Speaker 6: Is he?
Speaker 1: Is he back to Canada?
Speaker 15: I will not I will not disclose that information.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go. Let's let's let's also jump out of politics, and let's talk about what we're giving away. I know the show here? What do you got?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 8: You know what?
Speaker 1: This is a text here. I got a text from my sister this morning that she wanted to vote. I know, I listen, I know my sister voted for the song. We just heard my friend Mike in Rochester, New York, Rochester, Rocha tell Alex best aol link ever? Oh yeah really, hell yeah, I thought it was interesting. Best message ever? Yeah, he said that was the best AOL you've ever had. So Alex's AOL is you type in a song and it will bring up a list of similar songs. Yeah, if you like the sound of something and you're like, I'd like to listen to more that sounds like this. I was surprised that the songs you played I would have never put them together, but hearing them, this thing knows what it's doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It's really cool. All right, what are you giving awa Ndo.
Speaker 3: The show pit tickets to see Creed? Yeah, they're playing Woodlands Pavilion this Saturday.
Speaker 2: Three doors through that pit tickets to Creed. But I gotta come up with a question.
Speaker 1: That's after the break.
Speaker 9: Houston and The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Chillie, just one second, I know that you're in Morning. The Loss of your Throwback Thursday. You put up a really, really funny throwback Thursday picture last week of you and Alex. Yeah, it was very funny. Of course, I want you to go look at it, but it's it's an old picture. It looks like around the time of the Urban Cowboy. It must have been around the time of the Urban Cowboy movie when they were shooting or something. But it's Charlie Daniels and John Travolta, and Chili said it was him and Alex So it's the picture is really really good. And you know it's Charlie Daniels in front of his like band bus. Yeah yeah, and we're in the Western ware and somebody in there. I just saw this comment. I can't believe it caught my eye with all the comments and likes on this. It says, wow, Chili, are you a fan of CDB? My curiosity is peaked? And you answered, I never tried it. He asked if you were a fan of CDB Charlie Daniels band. I know you read that CBD, but he was asking you if you were a fan of CDB, and like, no, I never tried Charlie Daniels before.
Speaker 15: Amazing Devil went down to Georgia.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I saw that. I was laughing my ass off over here reading that long. Thanks, thank you, Jilly.
Speaker 15: I won't be posting no more funny stuff.
Speaker 5: I thought it was great funny.
Speaker 1: It's so mad it saw him didn't win all right, Radio Wizard confirmed new record with this new polling tool that we use in the history of this polling tool, that one that you can't go in there and mess with. New voting record today, I'm throwback Thursday. Great job, guys, great job. All right, let's go. We're giving away pit tickets to Creed three Doors Down Finger eleven Saturday Night. I got today and tomorrow and then that's it. We're out of pit passes for this sold out show. What's your question?
Speaker 3: Remember you told us a story about a dude that had won these tickets like up for a lifetime. Yeah, okay, just tell me what band he won tickets to for a lifetime and they were always there at the show waiting for him, and he would go he's.
Speaker 1: Never had a problem in the eighties. He won. You can go see this band for life. Yeah. Seven one three two win two five nine four five. This man's been taking care of this guy for a long time. Man seven one three two win two five nine four five. If you know the show right.
Speaker 6: Right, show celebrating twenty years ninety four five to Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four, Buzz Pearl, Jam's Better Man rod Ryan Show. Hey, let's say we can end the show properly today. I don't know what happened yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, that was so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: I'm just like Scott, like I'm in the middle of talking. Is Scott's look, what the hell? All right?
Speaker 2: And then the studio just locks up like it doesn't let you go back on air, like who got his studio says nope, you're done.
Speaker 1: Somebody was on somebody's on too much CDB yesterday. Yeah, that's what happened, all right. I don't even know what I can touch right now.
Speaker 2: Just don't touching?
Speaker 1: Can I hit this next?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like to tell time for this show on ninety four to five? Can I hit this? Y? Don't hit anything else?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay? Good morning, good morning, good morning. Hello. Who's this for?
Speaker 3: Amanda?
Speaker 1: Hi, Amanda, Welcome to the show. How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm fantastic in itself?
Speaker 1: Great, great, thank you. Let's see if we can get you in the pit for this sold out show on Saturday night. Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 2: Tell me what what band did a dude win win concerts for Life too?
Speaker 3: In nineteen eighty four?
Speaker 1: It was the Easy Pop Oh my god, it was easy Top so show guy joins the family. You win, you win, you win, you win, you win, you win. You're in the pit for Queen three doors down Fringer eleven Saturday night. All right, he excuting, thank you so much, God, it's so exciting. Are you kidding me? Sold out?
Speaker 14: Show?
Speaker 1: You're in there? I know?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 14: And I get to see in the pit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are in the pit.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 1: I'd like a picture of you in the pit with the band over your shoulder.
Speaker 2: First, Absolutely, you know what?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 15: Everyone else?
Speaker 1: Did you hear that? She said? For sure, I'm gonna send it for sure.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, she said.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm writing it down because I don't hold anybody accountable. I will drag your ass on Monday if you don't send me that picture. You said for sure.
Speaker 3: I tried to get his picture with you and the pit was left this skit, but you were too far away.
Speaker 1: Oh I should have come over to see. I know it was pretty. It was pretty agro in that pit. Yeah, okay, I want a picture with the band over your shoulder. And you said, for sure, I want to see this on Monday. Otherwise, Amanda Graham, I'm giving out your phone number on the radio. Yeah, awesome, I'm great. I like this Rod all right, Amanda, have a great time.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That story of about the Zzy Top and the guy he paid one hundred dollars which had to be a million dollars back in the day for joining some sort of a fan club and he won tickets for life back in nineteen eighty four. So he's been to almost every single tour since. And he said he's never once gone to the window and his tickets not be there. I mean, how'd you like to keep track of that?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 1: All right? Good on Zizi tob I thought it was a cool local story because the band's local, not him. Two time Hall of Famer Kevin beat Jad the Fireman this morning avoided the one pump jump. He's gonna go for win number three tomorrow, fresh out of bad Head to head challenge we play every morning at six twenty Crazy record today Man over four thousand votes. I'm throwback Thursday. I mean it's a record by like