Speaker 1: Any big emails, revelations, anything huge happened on the Minnesota Goodbye last week, anything memorable, any big conversations questions.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I mean a lot of times emails will come in and they'll be like, Dave, we love you so much, and I delete those immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah I do. Yeah, Yeah, I'm like, oh.
Speaker 3: He doesn't need another one. But I save a lot of those for you to be able to read when you get back, so that you can see them and or we maybe haven't read it yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Bon got to be on a little bit, so that was nice. Yeah, that's okay, cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's get started. Crystal writes in it says, good morning, wonderful people. Little Monday motivation for you all. I was showering before work this morning and made a realization that you should all be very proud of. As I was waiting for whatever pop song to be over, I was thinking about how cool it is that there's a whole group of people, including me, that listen to your station to hear you guys. I don't care about the music. I aged out a long time ago, but I listened religiously to see what all of you were up to and I laugh alone in my car like a weirdo. That's like somebody paying for a movie to see a preview. It is a radio station as that is a movie theater. I'm going to quit trying to come up with analogies that make sense to me and possibly offend others to say thank you for bringing sunshine to so many days. There's an entire community of strangers that care what you are all up to and can't wait to hear about it, or just hear you engage with each other have a great day. That's from Crystal's I try to never forget how lucky and blessed we are to get to do what we do, and I think that it definitely adds meaning to our lives to know that people care to hear about what we're doing. And the reason we talk about what we're doing is not to be the friend in a one sided conversation that only talks about themselves, but to hopefully make you go, yeah, me too, or yeah, that same thing happened to me, or oh, I want to try that. So when you hear us talk, you're certainly welcome to talk back to the radio. But I think that our purpose in talking about ourselves is to never be like, oh, well, you know, let's be the friend that only talks about themselves. But hopefully you'll relate and connect somehow, whether it's like you know something with your kid or your boyfriend or your you know, your rent, or your toilet in your apartment. In the apartment, Yeah, what's the latest on your toilet?
Speaker 4: Well, I have a toilet now. It works fine. It's just a big, huge, like concrete slab now in my bathroom. But I did have the guts last week to ask my landlord for rent reduction, and I got two hundred dollars off my rent this month because of the inconvenience of my toilet.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: I'm glad.
Speaker 4: My mom was like, yeah, he wants you to stay living there, and he wants to not have to replace the bathroom floor, and as long as you're living there, he won't, so he'll let you have a rent reduction period, so you.
Speaker 1: Get two hundred dollars off. Do you feel that's worth it? It's something I know.
Speaker 4: I think I should have asked for three, but I thought three was kind of pushing it, and I thought I would be more likely to get too so that's why I asked for two and he said yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, So yeah, glad you got what you asked. Next, one from Melissa says, hello, my favorite morning crew. I'll get right to the point since I'm way past my bedtime as a stay at home mom of three, what is your least favorite musical moment or a line from a song that is so terrible that makes you cringe? For me, it's a toss up from Usher song OMG where he goes Honey got a booty lack pow pow pow, Honey got some boobies like wow, oh wow, that's one, and I don't disagree. I think it's kind of cringey. And this one I don't know as well, but maybe you guys do. And Selena Gome has a song who says where she's really breaking it down, finding many ways to ask this hypothetical person who says the music fades out with a won't you tell me? Who said that? In the cringey line that shows she really didn't have any more content for this song. Do you guys recognize that one?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know unless that's who said who said You're not perfect? Though, that's isn't that Demi Lovado?
Speaker 1: I don't I don't remember, literally don't know.
Speaker 4: My least your musical moment is in the post Malone and Jolly Roll, not post Malone, post Malone and uh Morgan Wallen.
Speaker 2: I had some help when it goes.
Speaker 4: You got a lot, And I hate the way his voice trembles at the beginning.
Speaker 1: Okay, just hold the note, hold the note.
Speaker 2: Why are you using of a bri in the like second moment of that? No, hold the freaking note.
Speaker 1: I don't really have one, you know. I've talked about like stupid lyrics, and I've said it so many times, like in the eminem song. That's why they call it window pane. I think that's so stupid. But I don't really have one that stands out other than that.
Speaker 3: There's something in a post Malone song that also says like give ugly girl a sip, Like it's basically like you're thinking about, like I'm so desperate, I'll like give the ugly girl a sip of my bottle service or something. I feel like he's maybe referencing or that's what I Okay, I got you again, But it feels very offensive to be like, give the ugly girl a sip.
Speaker 1: Whatever. Yeah, if you have one, let me know. I don't really have any more, but that's a really cool question. Thank you. Alyssa from Chesca net one. Disregard something that you guys did on the show last week. It says update from Friday, Hello again, Bailey and Jenny. Thank you so much for your kind words and non judgmental advice regarding my cat and whether I should rehome him. I was fully expecting to be roasted for considering sending him to a shelter, and I still may be from some passionate animal lovers who listened to the show. Saturday. I looked up shelters and even contacted one. I cried a lot, and Sunday, after talking with some friends and family, I've decided to do whatever it takes to keep him okay. I will be doing a lot of research to figure out the best way to get himcclimated. If anybody has advice on moving with the cat, I'm all ears.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She took the cat in from like her husband's best friend, who also took it in from someone else who had passed away, so it's just been like rehomed. If you times, and there was like this really bad smell, and she found out the cat was like pean everywhere, me ow's a lot, just a pretty difficult sounding cat. And they're moving into a new house and so they're like trying to get the current house ready to be sold. Don't want cat pee everywhere, moving into a new house, don't want the cat to start peeing everywhere and there. So the cats had like a little bit of a rough life. But she doesn't dislike the cat. It's just been a difficult journey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with the cat that peas that makes it difficult for sure, no question.
Speaker 4: Well, when you move, wherever you move to see if there's a space where you can have the cat just like be alone by itself, not necessarily like the entire house to you know, walk around, do whatever it wants, like put it in a room for like a couple of days. Like when I first got my cat, I had to like, okay, acclimate him to where his litter box was.
Speaker 2: And so if they have the whole house, then it's like, oh, I'm stressed out.
Speaker 4: But if they just have one room that their litter boxes in, you have their food in there or whatever, and then you come in, you know, play with them, pet them and whatever, and then like slowly allow them to go into the whole house.
Speaker 2: That's helpful.
Speaker 1: It's so funny how some cats are so easy and other cats can be just really difficult. Like my daughter Alison, she grew up with a cat named Wally. Wally was a wonderful cat. Then we had a cat named Willie. She bought Willy for five dollars from somebody who had a trailer full of cats. And I'm sure that Willy was in bread and he was very sweet, but he was not an affectionate social cat. He was always hiding. And then he died. And then so Alison grew up and she got a cat and God, what's his name? They nicknamed him Toucci. But I can't remember his name right.
Speaker 2: Now, Stanley, No, I can't remember what his name is.
Speaker 1: God, what is his name? It doesn't matter. And she I feel so bad for her because she grew up with two sweet cats and this cat is she does not like this cat and she doesn't and he meows all the time. He follows her to the pantry and meows, gets up on the shelf and knocks over treats and all these things where it's like.
Speaker 4: Oh, that sounds cute to me.
Speaker 1: How's all the time because he's hungry.
Speaker 3: I've lived with a cat that mews all the time, this is just cat for like a year and it was a nightmare, an absolute nightmare.
Speaker 1: He wakes the kid that wakes everybody up on Saturday morning, Sunday mornings by me owing because he's hungry, and they can't put him out the hallway because what will you do in the hallway scratch at the door? Yep. So she has talked about getting rid of the cat, but her husband loves the cat, and it's like, no, we can't get this is our cat. And Ava, her four year old, loves Tucci and so she was at the house yesterday, Allison was and she's like, I just don't really like him, but we'll keep him because Ava likes him.
Speaker 4: I would also recommend getting a timed feeder, like a feeder that does it on like a schedule, because then your cat's not annoying you to feed it anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it.
Speaker 4: Might be like meowing because it's hungry, but like I have, I feed my cat usually, you know, you feed them in the morning and the night or whatever. And my cat gets like tiny little meals throughout the day, so he eats like five to seven times in a day, and he never bothers me for food.
Speaker 2: He'll just be like, oh, you're home, did you want to give me a treat? Hello? A treat? And then I'll give him one and then I'll shut up.
Speaker 1: I'm going to bring that up with her. Maybe a little time feed are Yeah, so nice?
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: And also like, if you're gone for a day and you didn't realize, oh crap, I'm gone for a day.
Speaker 2: You don't have to worry about your cat. They have food right there.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, next one. Hey, y'all, Hey, sorry, it's not one need to hear. Just want to share a random thought that I have. Whenever Vaughan shares an observation on his Stir the Pot segment that Jenny and Bailey vehemently disagree with him on, I always picture the two of them after the show beating him up in the parking lot for having such a stupid opinion. And maybe Dave observes while eating a bag of chips. Now, I know it's very dark and stupid of me to think of this, but I'd like to think at least one of the two at some point has thought a beating vun up because of his bad opinion. And who is a weird thought from my brain. Love y'all a whole lot and keep on darting and licking. I would love a sticker that is from Kyle in Rochester.
Speaker 2: I'll pitch it for social media. We can go beaton up in the parking lot.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: That sounds great. I think that sounds really fun.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm gonna let you keep that illusion in your head and say that that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's spot on. You nailed it. Yeah, Jenny.
Speaker 4: Jenny usually has like a baseball bat and I usually hold font down, yeah, because yeah, he gets kind of wiggly.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you something random that you reminded me of. I must watch these because they show up in my feed and it's like justice served or something like that. And it's like somebody will walk into a liquor store and they'll try to hold up the liquor store and then somebody will hit him in the head with a fire extinguisher. Yeah, and it's called justice served or justice served immediately and I watched one the other day and it was a woman and an ATM and she was kind of hard, you know to tell ccurity. Footage was a little grainy, but she looked like she was thirty thirty five, kind of tall. She's at the ATM. A guy comes up behind her, tries to rob her. She grabs him by the collar and just beat the shit out of this guy. And I was like, she knows what she's doing because he couldn't get away and she was holding him at arm's length but got him by the collar so he can't move, but he's right there, easy target and just beat the shit out of him. And I must have watched it fifteen times because it was so satisfying to see this asshole walk up thinking here's an easy target and she kicked his ass. Yeah yeah, so try that with vun.
Speaker 2: Okay, grab him by the collar, just whack him.
Speaker 4: Next one.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Bailey Disney adults suck. Oh buddy, let's jump in. You've been talking about bucket lists vacations. Well, I think I just got I think I just got back from one today. Myself, a couple of my friends and combined six kids age five to twelve, just got back from a two week vacation in Japan.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: This was my first real international trip and it was so empowering. We loved Japan so much and had so much fun exploring and taking in Japanese culture. Dave, I know you went there too and loved it also. We were in Tokyo, Hakoni, Kyoto, and Osaka. I could go on and on about the amazing things we did, but I have one observation that I'm curious about Bailey's take on. I know you love Disney, and Disney is sort of a cult following for some adults. I have not been to Disney in Florida since I was eight, but we did take our kids to Disneyland Tokyo. I could not believe the ratio of adults to kids there. I was a little, okay, a lot annoyed because there were grown ass people in their full Disney gear aggressively trying to get photos with the characters walking around, even when the kids were clearly patiently waiting their turn. And I couldn't help thinking that there were no Disney adults there. Our kids could have gone on every ride if they want it to multiple times. I have to imagine there are more kids at Disney World than there are in Disney World Tokyo. But I do think there should be some sort of kid pass for Disney. I feel as if Disney should be first and foremost for kids. Bailey, is Disney World in Florida overflowing with Disney adults too. Do you think that Disney adults ruin or make the experience less magical for kids? Standing in a sixty to two sixty minute to two hour line is hard for kids. Somebody at Disney has to think a kid pass is a half decent idea. The kids should be able to experience the Disney magic by skipping by the Disney adults. Love y'all so much. Hope this makes sense. Jet Lag is starting to hit me hard and my kids are still awake and ready to party. Trina from Woodberry, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I get like the hate for Disney adults. I feel like there's a very specific kind that is annoying. Like the people who just go live and walk around the parks and talk to their phone all day on Live and then Yeah, are kind of like a new sense to characters and other guests in the park.
Speaker 2: I don't like those people. But I think Disney is for all ages.
Speaker 4: It's where you can be a kid, an experienced childlike Wonder, which you don't really get in your regular, everyday, nine to five life. And some adults don't ever have the opportunity to go to Disney as kids or get any kind of experience where they get to just you know, experience magic in their everyday life.
Speaker 2: So I don't think that adults at Disney is a problem. I think, like there are.
Speaker 4: Pushy, annoying adults in every public setting, but then there's also annoying ass kids that throw a tantrum all throughout the entire vacation, and those kids annoy the shit out of me. So I think like there are annoying people at any Disney park. I mean, yeah, a kid pass would be cool, but Disney is a corporation who's trying to make money.
Speaker 1: So I think, don't you think the thing is I mean, a kid's got to go with an adult anyway, Yeah, they have to go. But I guess if you have like a group of like five best friends that are all Disney adults, yeah, I don't know. I mean that's the thing. That's the thing about Disney is Yes, kids love it, but adults love it too for many reasons. Number one, it is otherworldly to be in Disney. They specifically build the park so when you're in the park, you can't see any skyscrapers. You can't see an electric towers or phone poles. Yeah, you can't see the parking lot or the maintenance shed.
Speaker 2: It's immersive.
Speaker 1: It's immersive, and I think that's part of it because it really is magical. And I also think it's nostalgic because if you went there when you were six or sixteen and now you're thirty seven, you want to go back and it reminds you of the time that the first time you went on this ride, and it's just they just do it right. I mean, Disney is like Universal is cool. There's no question Universal's cool. Valley Fair is cool, but Disney is.
Speaker 2: It hits different.
Speaker 1: It hits different, and I love to go to Disney. I'm not a Disney adult, but every time I go, I'm like, fuck, this is cool. There's something magical when you get through security and you swipe your little wristband and it like lets you in right underneath the Main Street USA train station. And you walk out into that plaza and you see down Main Street, USA, there's just something there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it touches you in a way.
Speaker 4: Granted, like I am definitely one of those adult people that have gone to Disney and waited in line to meet a character, but like I'm gonna wait in line to meet a favorite character, I'm gonna do it. And what's really great is that I walk in, I say my piece, I leave. It's fast. So and if I mean kids, they'll want to, you know, have a moment with like a longer moment. And I'm totally like, hey, obviously Disney is meant for kids, but it's where anyone can be a kid.
Speaker 2: So that's what my professional opinion.
Speaker 1: Why doesn't Tina like Disney anymore? Because Tina that she used to be a Disney adult too loved And I remember one time Tina and I did a whole YouTube video about our favorite Disney pins.
Speaker 2: Well I have tons of pins, do you. I loved the pins and told you she doesn't like Disney anymore?
Speaker 1: She did, Yeah, well I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think she said is because they just everything is money, money, money, money, money as well. Yeah, and they are a corporation, but they're also one of those corporations that you know that talks out on one side of their mouth about how, you know, income disparity and things like that, but then on the other side of their mouth they're saying, well, you basically got to be wealthy or spend a big chunk of money to come to our part.
Speaker 2: Truly.
Speaker 4: I mean, I the reason I left Disney because when I worked there, I worked there for a year and a half, and I left because they paid trash I got. Really, when I first started, I was paid seven to seventy three an hour, and then I think I got I went up to nine dollars an hour and that.
Speaker 2: Was the cap.
Speaker 4: Like what did you do?
Speaker 2: I know you've told me I sold merchandise, so retail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but still like that's not enough to live on for anything, and that's like everybody, even managers, would get like ten dollars an hour.
Speaker 1: Is it true that Disney employees are not allowed to point with one finger? They have to point with two fingers.
Speaker 4: It's either two fingers or full hand, okay, because if you point with one finger, that's considered rude in some countries. So you don't want to offend anybody. So the Disney point is pointing with two fingers, and that is ingrained in my soul for the rest of time.
Speaker 1: I've also heard that it's true that if you're a Disney employee and somebody is being difficult, you're not allowed to say fuck your mama.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, we weren't allowed to say fuck your mama. We could say have a magical day.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, see I would get fired on day one.
Speaker 4: Fuck your mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, that's it.
Speaker 1: We're done the Minnesota Goodbye. Would welcome your email. Please send it to Ryan's show at KATIEWB dot com. I tell you, one of my favorite parts of the day is doing the Minnesota Goodbye because we never know. It's like opening presents on Christmas. Boarding Look, it's a light bright your mama. Are you going to title this episode fuck your Mama?
Speaker 2: And I can't title it that.
Speaker 1: They'll do f stark.
Speaker 2: Star star Okay your mama.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it. Okay, have a great day. Ryan Show at KDWB dot com.