Speaker 1: Okay, Admittedly I do run the risk here of looking like a dirty old dude. I am a dirty old dude, but I don't like people to know it. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I keep that quiet.
Speaker 3: I try to keep it wholesome as much as I can.
Speaker 2: But I stand with you in this, and I was wondering this too.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, like everybody else, the women's gymnastic is a huge draw at the Olympics. More people probably watch that than anything else. Probably that in the swimming, right. No one's watching weightlifting, you know, yeah, watching canoeing.
Speaker 2: I was watching some synchronized diving that's.
Speaker 3: Pretty impressive too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the women's gymnastics is huge, and I'm just was like, how do those girls not get a wedgie?
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna say it, because you.
Speaker 1: Get a weggie flipping around and they're bending all over the place, get.
Speaker 4: A wedgie walking across the pool in your bathing suit. I mean this is they're basically wearing the same thing like a bathing suit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember they used to have a camera on the swimmers, the girls, and they used to always show them fixing their suits under the water. Someone finally went like, hey, give them a little bit of privacy, right right, But I did a deep dive into how the girls do not get a wedgie.
Speaker 3: Would you like to know about it?
Speaker 4: I would love to know about it, and I would like to know when they're going to rule it out to the general public.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, that might take some It takes some special fitting. The company who produces the American Olympic gymnast performance outfits, it's called what was it, c our gk Elite. Now they tailor each outfit to the to the athlete's measurements and they're very, very very specific materials that they use, and then the uniforms they undergo a trial and testing to make sure that everything stays foot. But they also use body adhesive I knew it. And special underpants.
Speaker 2: Special underwear.
Speaker 4: That's what we need for everybody in the general public.
Speaker 2: The girls need this special underwear.
Speaker 3: I mean, your underwear is a wedgie.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know, I wear a thong during the day, but I sleep in regular panties at night and I'm dealing with weggie sometimes at night.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Any anti wedgie reinforcement that's available, I would like access to it.
Speaker 1: The most important thing they say is that the leotards are a great fit. And you know how long it takes them to design those a leotard for these for these girls? Two years? Whoa years? How about the girl? Did you see the girl that was an Olympian that got a kidney disease and gained forty five pounds and two months.
Speaker 4: Yes, as soon as she came back in one yes she can't. Yes, that's my girl, Suney Lee. Okay, no, no, no, my girl is Jordan Childs. I love Jordan's child. I like her Sunny Lee. Though.
Speaker 2: Yes, she had that kidney disease.
Speaker 4: When she came back and started training again, saying, yeah, it's like she was starting over, but her body was still adjusting so much. She would get sick a lot, and they'd have to make have things ready for her right there on the gym floor because she could get sick. But she pushed through it. She made the Olympic team. She's doing great.
Speaker 1: And they even showed her when she was forty five pounds heavier in her leotard uniform and then you see her now and yeah, she just.
Speaker 4: Worked so so hard to overcome that's impressive.
Speaker 1: Because a lot of people would I don't know, she had already been to one Olympics. I guess, wouldn't you just go eh, No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's how olympian's minds work, true. You know, these athletes that sacrifice everything to get to be Olympic athletes.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're like, eh, I went there once. I'm fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But there's a lot of great stories in the Olympics, and I think that NBC is doing a great job of telling those stories. But it sure seems like there's not a single Olympian that just had a regular, great life and worked real hard and mom and dad and everything, and then they boom, now they're an Olympia.
Speaker 2: Didn't have something to overcome.
Speaker 3: Did you feel that way?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean they obviously it feels like those are the only stories that you pick because they're trying to make that emotional connection. I'm sure there are plenty of kids like yours.
Speaker 3: Right, And I need to know who that woman was that interviewed.
Speaker 2: Simone by Oh God, how annoying.
Speaker 3: Was She's really annoying?
Speaker 4: It made me not want to watch the interview, because I don't know if I've ever seen an interview where they cut to the interviewer for her reaction, for her reaction, and for her facial expressions as much as they did in that particular interview when they were sitting.
Speaker 3: On the couch hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was weird, and.
Speaker 3: Not enjoy her strange.
Speaker 1: So enjoy the Olympics. Stick around, We've got more coming up.
Speaker 3: Tricia.
Speaker 1: Start us out as we always do, with the first thing that made you laugh.
Speaker 4: The Olympics are a good way to make the person who is the fourth best in the world.
Speaker 2: At something feel absolutely terrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true, fourth best in the entire world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you what I don't I can't see if it seemed to form an opinion on is the people of the Americans that were not good enough to make the American Olympic team that go and compete for another country's team because they could make that team. I didn't know they were doing that. There's a girl, a gymnast from the United States. She's an American, but her grandparents are from Haiti, so.
Speaker 4: She didn't make the American team. So now she's competing for the Hateatians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what I think about that. I mean, okay, I guess. I mean, I don't know. I don't know if I like that. I mean, can't do anything about it. It's her Olympic experience whatever, But I think you need to wrap your country.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know, I don't know. She's still if she couldn't, I don't know. I think I would do it if I had the opportunity to still be able to say that I'm an Olympic medalist or an Olympic athlete.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the That's what they said on the on the during the coverage. Just you know, now she can say she's an Olympian, right right, Yeah, but she'll she'll never It's like one of those things that she won't tell him, but not on the American you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. I feel like I'm fine with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I just maybe I'm a little too patriotic. Maybe maybe make your own country's team, right.
Speaker 2: They might go visit them all the time.
Speaker 1: You know, those American girls are love with their siskeem you know what I mean, she could make our.
Speaker 4: Team, all right, final question, Sandy, have you developed an Olympic boo yet?
Speaker 1: Oh? I'm way ahead of the curve before the Olympics even started. I had her picked.
Speaker 2: Out before they even started. Oh god, who is it?
Speaker 1: She's no secret to the red blooded American man Alicia Schmidt.
Speaker 4: Oh, I feel like a sexy girl, something like that world's sexiest athlete out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she is something. She's a German track athlete, she runs relays. She's tall, she's blonde, she's ripped.
Speaker 3: Ah, she is. She's wow smart or not?
Speaker 1: I mean it's she's smart.
Speaker 3: I don't care if she couldn't even speak.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's purely a and a physical eyeball attraction. I don't know anything more about her, like there's you know what I mean. Yeah, I'm just saying wow, let me see how just wow?
Speaker 2: I mean twenty five. You're safe, You're all right? Yeah, I mean wow, is right? All right?
Speaker 3: Truly one of the God's little miracles.
Speaker 2: I support you in your boo efforts right there.
Speaker 3: Thank you. You think you've made a I've made a wise choice.
Speaker 4: From you made a wise choice. She might trump my Mike Tarico Olympic boo. Oh really, I mean, I know he's not an Olympic I haven't picked my Olympic athlete boo, but so far my Olympic boo is Mike Treek.
Speaker 3: Well I'll share Alicia Schmidt if you want.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, it's the Sandy Show, brought to you by our Bank. Our bank is your solution for business or personal financial requirements. Find them online at www dot r dot bank member fdice. He's an Olympic at Internet Sensation. Yes he is, and he ain't competing. He's not going for gold or silver, he's not even going for bronze.
Speaker 3: He's there to help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's my Olympic staff boo.
Speaker 3: We are talking about.
Speaker 1: If you haven't seen him, you gotta see Bob the cap catcher.
Speaker 2: Yep, the swim cap catcher.
Speaker 3: Tell everybody what Bob does.
Speaker 4: So one of the races, one of the women women's races ended and one of the swimmers, Emma Webber, lost her swim cap and it was in the bottom of the pool.
Speaker 2: So Bob here he.
Speaker 4: Comes some guy who I think just kind of works there at the pool, happened to have on espeedo that had little fishies all low. Brit Uh huh, took all of his clothes off, confidently walks across the deck of the pool in his fishy speedo with a dad bob. What little dad Bob, he's got a little pudge, yeah, I mean, and just dives in, goes to the bottom, gets the cap and gets out and the.
Speaker 2: Crowd goes wild. And he has now.
Speaker 4: Caught dubbed Bob the cap Catcher. Yeah, and people absolutely love him. He didn't even he didn't do it quickly. He strode at a comfortable pace, didn't look around at anybody, and confidently walked out there and dove into the same pool that all of these swimmers, with these incredible swimmers' bodies we're diving into.
Speaker 2: Carrie's got his little fishy plato.
Speaker 1: Right there in the front, and he's got his little euro speedo on. And I don't know how he got the job, but the Internet has fallen in love with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's an Internet icon now, he's everywhere.
Speaker 1: I saw that there were Olympians going to Bob and getting their picture made with him.
Speaker 4: That amazing, really funny And like did he just do it that one time? As he had to do it again? Like is that a problem with swimming.
Speaker 1: I don't ever recall that being a problem with people losing their their caps, or as Snoop called it the other day, their hats.
Speaker 2: Their hat.
Speaker 1: Snoop said, it's not it's not Bob the dog catcher. It's Bob the cap catcher.
Speaker 3: Look at him.
Speaker 1: Go it's it's hysterical. There's little stories like that in the Olympics or what make the Olympics so great?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I love it.
Speaker 4: What if that's the one and only time he had to do that and that is now his name for life? The girl gonta get a movie deal?
Speaker 2: Who's going to.
Speaker 1: Play in In the movie, I promise you the swimmers will be taking their caps off and throwing so bobs.
Speaker 2: Oh, I hope that happens.
Speaker 3: That's very very funny, right boy.
Speaker 1: The Australians are learning the lesson talking smack about the Americans.
Speaker 2: The Americans are wis serving.
Speaker 3: It and they deserve everything.
Speaker 2: They were they being nasty.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they talk and smack.
Speaker 2: That's not good Olympic spirit.
Speaker 1: No, they were like how much they hated hearing the national anthem? Oh I heard that, yes, and it was one girl that said it, and that they chant ussay and that it's so annoying and blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: She wasn't being a little tongue in cheek about that, like she hopes to beat the USA because they're always winning, she's always having to hear their anthem.
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 1: It was the way that she put it was she was very just like, oh, it's so amusing.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought.
Speaker 4: I thought it was kind of like, we want to win so we don't have to hear y'all.
Speaker 2: I got it on.
Speaker 3: Talking trash Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the stories, all right, Sandy.
Speaker 4: Do you remember a couple of years ago the mayor of New York announced they were hiring a ratzar.
Speaker 3: Yes, I remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the rat population was out of control. They were hiring a ratsar.
Speaker 4: He's gonna paid a lot of money, and there were no limitations on how he got rid of the rats. They basically were like, you can blow them up if you want, We don't care, Please just.
Speaker 3: Fix it in the city of the vermin. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, now New Yorkers are being asked to help also curb the rat population. The mayor announced the formation of the New York City Rat Pack.
Speaker 2: He's trying to make it sound cool. It is not cool.
Speaker 4: The mayor says that those who joined the pack will take part in helping, to engage with and take on all things related to rat mitigation slash extermination.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's folks.
Speaker 4: Interested, must take a two hour rat academy session. You got to go to rat class run by the Department of Health, and you must complete a volunteer rodent mitigation event. Again, mitigation controlling a volunteer rat event. The mayor says that rat sightings have been down over the last year following a series of steps to lower the rat population. Again, the rats are blowing them up, doing all the things, poisoning him, shooting them, running them over. They did not care how he got rid of them. And now they're recruiting the citizens of New York to help.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: You gott be licensed in rat mitigation.
Speaker 3: Though, so read that.
Speaker 1: The mayor was saying that they never said that they had a rat zar. I'm just kidding. No, it's a joke about the border. But you gotta, you gotta. I mean, they're just crowdsourcing to get rid of the rats. How bad are they? I mean?
Speaker 4: And then what is that person going to do like, if you're walking on the street and you see a rat, which I feel like most New Yorkers do, are they supposed to stop and stomp it or I don't know what they think you're going to do.
Speaker 1: I don't know how has it gotten out of control. It's just clearly it's they're saying that rat sightings are down, but if they're asking for the public's help.
Speaker 3: Then there's still still a big problem. I saw a rat in New York once dragging a piece of pizza.
Speaker 2: You think you saw that on the social media, didn't you?
Speaker 3: No? I saw it in person.
Speaker 4: Really, Yes, there's the big pizza rat was on social media.
Speaker 3: I don't know about him.
Speaker 4: Somebody a video of a rat dragon a piece of pizza across the street.
Speaker 3: Squirrels will do it too.
Speaker 4: I just think it's funny that you got to take a two hour rat class.
Speaker 1: And they spend the first ten minutes teaching you how to identify a rat.
Speaker 2: Probably