Speaker 1: Oh yes, Happy Friday. It is the world famous Ben and Skin Show. Thanks for rolling with us today. We've got the Today game coming up. We'll get into the final Luca aftermath of the week as we try to put a bow on all the Lucas stuff. And then Dallas is getting something very big. Maybe this is big news for you. Stay tuned for all of that coming your way on a Friday edition of The Benin Skin Show.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for Kevin.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've got some music tips for the weekend. I don't normally do this, but there's some things that are actually lining up that I think I wanted to mention. The first thing I'll say is we're not affiliated with this spot or not, but they're doing something really cool for a person who is kind of well known a DFW a little bit and the someone we all know. If you go to taco joint tomorrow, any taco joint, any taco joint, I know, it's like ten locations.
Speaker 2: I love that one right there on Mwood Road, right over here by the station. Yeah I did. There's one around the way home. It's so good.
Speaker 3: Ten percent of their proceeds tomorrow or going to Chris Pin. Chris Pin is the guy who runs Good Records. He is now paralyzed from the neck down from a fall that he had a couple of weeks ago. He was just out doing some work on the building, fell the ladder and bruised his spine.
Speaker 4: He did, you, guys happen to see the clip going around of Annie from Saint Vincent in concert this week?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So her Mark Maren podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well she did this on stage. Oh can she do something on market? There was a on the Mark Maren podcast she did a while back. She said thank God for chris Pin or something.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: So so she was this was her big homecoming show because she went to Lake High. She went to Booker t but I think she lived in Lake Collins and she was in the Polyvonnics bree for a while. But she was back in town, sold out show at the Bomb Factory and she and she told a story about how when she got her first Nick Caven the Bad Siege record, it was at c D World that chris Pin was the manager at. She was saying, everyone in this town that's ever loved music, chris Pen has touched your life. Yeah, and so he's in a bad way right now and needs help, and so there's been a lot of rally into the troops to try to donate money to him.
Speaker 3: Three kids. I know his wife, you know, listen to us, you know from time to time too. They're just good people.
Speaker 2: They're great.
Speaker 3: He's the nicest guy in the He's just awesome and I it's just awful. So right now, I mean, there's still hope that he'll get some movement back right now paralyzing the night down. So all these taco joints, ten percent of what they make tomorrow at all their locations is going to the Pin family because they are gonna have medical bills out the wazoo.
Speaker 2: All these kids are in high school. You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's great food. Everybody go eat taco joint tomorrow.
Speaker 2: H Record store Day is tomorrow, by the way.
Speaker 3: I don't if there's anything that you want to There's a lot of stuff a record store Day, a lot of limited releases. I don't know if anything caught your eye for me. I'm gonna be jamming the Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap Album at my house. I don't have to go to Record store Day for that because ACDC is in town. Monday, so I do want to get for that, even though I'm not going.
Speaker 2: God, that was Monday. Are you going, Christina? No, I didn't know it was that soon.
Speaker 3: I'm not going with some tickets fall on my lap because it's going to be expensive. It's at at and T yeah, oh man, and they're just so old.
Speaker 2: But I just know.
Speaker 4: I love when people support their local record stores. Record Store Day is a huge day for independent music. If you can go out there, I will tell you.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna go to Josie Records, for example, you better get there at about midnight because every year they post a video of when they open the door.
Speaker 2: It's insane.
Speaker 4: People camp out because you know, there's stuff that's released that's special releases, and if you get there at noon, it may all be gone. Now there's other stuff to buy, but if you ever go on that list and look get all the special stuff that's released, if you want to get it, you better get there and camp out before it's opened.
Speaker 3: One of the best things that's happened, it's my last music tip. One of the last things that's happened, or one of the best things that's happened with technology for me because I am worried about how fast moving I'm worried about ai I am. I don't like this right, but maybe that's a part of getting older, is realize that it's all slipping out of your hands until you go to that cold death.
Speaker 2: This got dark. Yeah, but it's Coachella weekend.
Speaker 3: And what these music festivals that you know are worth worth their salt. What they're doing is they are giving you, you know, the ability to live stream these things. So YouTube has Coachella, and they're gonna have multiview options because YouTube's got all that. So if you want to watch anything that's happening at Coachella, for instance, tomorrow night, Green Days your headliner.
Speaker 2: Well one of your headliners as many.
Speaker 3: But you know it would be about eleven o'clock tomorrow night. But they're going down Mean Christina, which is the Green Day show last time, and it's worth a watch. And I'm sure they pull out all the stops at Coachella as well.
Speaker 2: Are they gonna solve the Weezer case? That's what I'm interested in too.
Speaker 3: Is Weezer going to mention the attempted murder charge on the bass player's watch? It's no chance, which we've weirdly heard nothing about out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean there's still like nothing new.
Speaker 4: I think this one's probably gonna end up being on the cops.
Speaker 2: She's claiming. She's claiming. The only one thing was new, but it was from two nights ago.
Speaker 3: Is that she claims she couldn't see the police when they shot her, and they're going, no, we told you multiple times.
Speaker 2: So then we're in he said, she said, situation.
Speaker 3: But to see the bass player just walking his dogs and being really nice to the TMZ people and then saying, see what Coachella makes me think he's not.
Speaker 2: Too worried about it.
Speaker 1: It's very strange, Yeah, because you don't have anybody else that can just walk those dogs while you're dealing with the crisis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, we'll be at Coachella. It's gonna be great, looking forward to jamming. We never had kids. I gotta walk the dogs. But man, that is a really tough deal.
Speaker 4: If you're just on your back porch and you have no idea what's going on, and suddenly the police in your backyard pulling your guns on you, like what and you've got a gun in your hand though, Yeah, well you draw if there's chaos in your yard, you gotta draw on them.
Speaker 3: I also think though, the police chase in your neighborhood.
Speaker 4: You don't know that in La Dude, you don't know what a police chase is happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were live streaming it on k T l A. I think so. Didn't you know that's not that's not a popular station. Didn't you say? Uh?
Speaker 4: Did you say the guys got out and started running through yards? If you're just out, if you're just out back smoking some hash and then suddenly there's cops in your backyard, you don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe I'd say maybe make so there's why you should do that.
Speaker 3: Those are music tips I think gonna help you get through the weekend. Okay, well, have some taco joint if you want.
Speaker 2: Did you like that Ben I did? Was great? I did too, Yo Gabba Gabbas playing Coachella