Speaker 1: How concerned should you be about a George Pickens holdout? Now? Where will Ty Simpson go in the NFL Draft this weekend in Pittsburgh? And how should you be treating Brandon Aiyuk in both Dynasty and redraft leagues at the moment? Plus the twenty twenty five three time FFPC Dynasty League winner Tom Weaver is going to hop Aboard to talk Dino draft pick strategy, trading his favorite rookie sleeper this year, and much more. We've got a great show for you. Farrell Elliott is here. I'm Eric Balkman, stick around. Your high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour starts now.
Speaker 2: It's damn the pressure. I'm broadcast live in horder to rout the world.
Speaker 3: You are now watching the most entertaining hour of radio on the planet. Welcome to the high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com.
Speaker 1: With your host Eric.
Speaker 3: Ball at Farrel Elliott. The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour is your hope for analysis from the best players in the world at now. Because no one else was available, Here are Eric Baltman at Barrel Elliott.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, rab greetings and salutations to all of you balcoholics. And Farelli X. Welcome into the latest episode of The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my f FPC dot com n y f FPC dot com The Fantasy Football Players Championship. I am, of course, you're slightly above average Host Eric Baltman, my co host is the Definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football One Farrell Elliott. Coming up on tonight's show, we're gonna break down potential rookie landing.
Speaker 2: Spots and more.
Speaker 1: Plus the twenty twenty five three time f FPC Dynasty League Champion Tom Weaver is going to talk Jalen McMillan, Bucky Irving, Harold fannin the NFL Draft, and so much more. If you want to connect with us on X, please do so at HSFF hour. I'm at Eric Balkman. Of course, check out the Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship at KFFSC dot com. You can compete against me there. It's a lot of fun leagues filling up. Just completed another one there today with the KFFFC. Look forward to drafting another one there shortly. Email the show at high Stakes Fantasy Football at gmail dot com if you have any questions for us now is the time to send them in. We'll try to get to all the chat room questions, X posts and emails in the Fantasy Feedback segment coming up later on in the show. Thanks to our audio engineer Tonight and my best friend Bryce, as well as our producer and mutual friend Rob, exciting times at the FFPC Dynasty and Empire orphans still available. We have dip below the one hundred and twenty team mark for orphans that are still available. The teams between five hundred and twelve fifty. You'll see better prices than that. It's it's been unbelievable what we have for you there. Many of those are discounted for many cheaper than one dollars, so check that out at my ffpc dot com. Thanks to your support, the FFPC Never too Early Best Ball and Never too Early Superflex Bestball tournaments are sold out for the season, so if you were looking to get in a draft day draft tomorrow, they are none available. However, the FFPC Bestball Tournament is back better than ever. Instead of a three hundred thousand dollars grand prize, this year, we had up to a four hundred thousand dollars grand prize hundred and twenty five dollars entry and of course, the super Flex Bestball Tournament off and running as well. We added nearly fifty thousand dollars to that prize pool, thirty five bucks to get in, and you're still eligible for one hundred thousand dollars grand prize. Speaking of being eligible for one hundred thousand dollars grand prize, the Baby Gorilla features one hundred and twenty five dollars entry fee. This is the managed format, same format as the Big Gorilla, and you can win one hundred thousand dollars there. The FFPC Big Gorilla is off and running as well, three hundred and fifty dollars entry million dollar grand prize. The seven Bananas promo has been a huge for the second straight year in the early Rampitch tournament is off and running, So if you are playing in the Big Gorilla right now, you are basically getting two entry fees into two or excuse me, one entry fee for two separate tournaments right now, So check that out at YFFPC dot com. We also have a special announcement coming with the FFPC on a new format. If you are subscribed to the FFPC insider email list, which hopefully most of you are watching our You'll find out tomorrow morning what that special announcement is. We're pretty excited about it. We've been working on it for a while and hopefully you like playing in it as much as we like crafting it together. Remember, like this video, subscribe to the channel, comment on the video, shirt with your friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live. Which I'll have more details on the schedule for NFL Draft Week coming up later on in the show.
Speaker 2: For now, we have to bring.
Speaker 1: On the co host with the most ladies and gentlemen, the Boss, the head Honchow, the big Chie, the commission uh, and the evangelist for the Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship kf fsc dot com. He is the incomparable Farrell Elliott Farrell Happy NFL.
Speaker 2: Draft you, buddy. Let me preach to you, buddy, I'm telling you, Adam Hans already started the show out. Great, Balky, wasn't already full time? Good fool of me? Yeah, that's about right, Adam. You're you're spot on there, Bud, How are you?
Speaker 1: Brother?
Speaker 2: I am all right.
Speaker 1: It's a weird feeling the night before the NFL Draft because we went is prepping for this for three or four months, and I feel like the more we've talked about it, the more we've broken down these prospects, the more we've delved into it, I feel like the less we know, and as weird as that sounds, and I feel like we're gonna find out how we know, how we value these guys, and how good we think of pros are gonna be. We're gonna find out how the NFL feels about him tomorrow. And the NFL Draft every year is a weird kind of situation. You just never know exactly how it's going to go. I think it could be even weirder this year, Pharah. I don't know if if I have read and heard that a lot of teams have the same handle on this draft as they had in years past. So we could be we could be the winners in this, the spectators, the fans, We could be the ones that benefit from seeing maybe not only a crazy night of Thursday drafting, but Friday and Saturday as well. Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this Saturday is always the most interesting day of the drafting and what comes after, Uh, in the world of street free agency. But I yeah, there are players in this draft that, especially for the dynasty players, you really got to watch Friday, late Saturday all day. The guys that are being drafted there as far as the NFL grades, they're not a whole lot different in the guys that be going in the second and third round. Matter of fact, there's a number of teams that will tell you that there's only really about fifteen players in the draft with a first round great and that's why there's all the speculation that some of these teams might be trying to trade back. I think that when I went to the All Star Games, the Senior Bowl, the American Bowl down in Orlando, Florida, I saw a lot of talent and I would love a chance to draft these guys. And they're still working, you know, they're the way that they do it is they break down at this point in time, positions and you know, I'm still getting calls right now, and you know, I don't have anyone that's projected to go in the first two days. So these guys are working hard to try to the proverbial look under every rock to find the player, double check and triple check, make sure everybody's healthy. It's an exciting time and I was so glad when it's sober. I understand the feeling, maybe not to the degree that you feel it, but I definitely understand the feeling well, you know, and I think everyone in drafting. I think all our Dynasty players are ready to get to the draft. Yeah, and I think this show has done a great job preparing them. We've had on some wonderful guests that have brought in different perspectives about Dynasty, and that overlaps into all the other things we're doing. The Gorilla, the Baby Gorilla, and you're going to announce hopefully some of these great basketball leagues that are forthcoming tonight. And you know, it's just a wonderful time to be in fantasy football. And I couldn't resist. I had to. I had to join a big gorilla this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Those gorilla has just got me, that's all.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: We're actually the special announcement.
Speaker 1: We're going to make a special announcement about our Friday show, right and then are we making a KFFSC announcement tonight or were saving that for tomorrow?
Speaker 2: I think we're saving that for tomorrow. Night's gaest.
Speaker 1: All right, so we have on Friday, al right it, Yeah, so so I will we will tease, well, should we even announce.
Speaker 2: Who the guest is tonight? Yeah, I think that'd be a great idea. They would remind him deny it to be present.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, exactly, So I will.
Speaker 2: We will announce that at the end of the show.
Speaker 1: And then for Friday night, you want to be tuning in for a special KFFSC announcement as well, which is going to be a lot of fun. We mentioned rookies Farrell and one guy that I don't think will hear his name on Thursday night, but I bet he hears it on Friday in Pittsburgh. Is Chris Bell right in your own backyard? And Ian Rapaport has reported that he is ahead of schedule in rehab. He's coming off the torn acl This according to his Chris Bell's agent, a day before the NFL Draft has started. So you can kind of connect the dots a little bit there. But this was a late twenty twenty five tear in his knee. Seventy two catches just over nine hundred yards and eleven to excuse me, six touchdowns in eleven games last year. And if he never tore his acl Farrell, certainly we'd be looking at him being a first round pick this year. We'll see what happens, you know what, you know what goes on in the second or third round. But as dynasty owners go knowing that you could get a first round talent at a bargain price in your rookie drafts, no matter where he goes, what's the right approach for Chris Bell? Do we just believe like he is going to get back to that to that level that he was playing at at Louisville, And quite frankly, how good was he from what you saw at Louisville last year?
Speaker 2: He quietly grows on you think aj Brown body type, he's He's kind of receiver that moves across the hashes in the college games and makes the good catches and then the magic happens once he gets the ball in his hands. He has great long speed, he doesn't necessarily move in and out of the cuts. He's not an artistic receiver, kind of like your JSN or some of the other players we might talk about later on. But he's the kind of big bodied receiver that uses that body to his advantage. And I think he's going to be a better NFL player even than what he was in college. He's the kind of a receiver I think that a quarterback begins to love because the quarterback knows he can count on him. He's six and twenty pounds. He's got a big, big catch radius. If he had gone to the Combine, he would have tested well. I think you can be all into this player. He's a speed builder when he gets the ball in his hands, and you know, he's got the size that the NFL is looking for because he's to present day linebackers. He's the same size of most of them. So I really like him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that that, you know, I swing big in rookie drafts. I want to swing for the home runs. If Chris Bell gets back to ninety five percent or one hundred percent of what he his knee was like prior to this, then he should be a home run so to speak. I mean, he's still got to be, you know, good enough to play at the NFL level, but I believe in it, and I'll be drafting him as such. Maybe I'll be drafting a little bit higher than some other people, maybe not, and landing spot will be key too. Plus we don't know exactly how much action he's going to get in his rookie season. But I'm definitely more pro Crispell than anti cris Bell at.
Speaker 2: This You can't you can't draft him. I don't think a team could draft him and not eventually get him on the field. He's not going to disappear. He's not going to disappear on depth chart, So I think you're redraft. But definitely in dynasty, especially if you're a patient dynasty player, you're gonna have what you want to look about it. But yeah, in landing spot, all of that, all of that comes into play. But he's a I think he's going to be a fantastic NFL contributor. Yeah, I look forward to it.
Speaker 1: I always like seeing guys bounce back from injury, and this would be a story and a guy I'm definitely rooting for.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: George Pickens in the news and maybe not for the right reasons, and maybe this is more of a Jerry Jones thing than anything else. Farrell, but we had Stephen Jones. According to the reporting from John Machoto, who covers the Dallas Cowboys, Stephen Jones the executive VP for Dallas said, quote, there won't be negotiations on a long term deal for George Pickens this year, so we're probably not going to at least at this point. And I'll set this up at this point where we don't plan on seeing extension done. Stephen Jones said that Pickens is going to play in the franchise tag this season. Now, this comes just a few weeks after Jerry Jones told reporters that he has long term plans for George Pickens on the Cowboys. And we have seen the Cowboys kind of play hardball with players like this before, Ezekiel Elliott, Micah Parsons, Dak Prescott. The list kind of goes on fourteen hundred plus yards nine touchdowns last year. He will be a free agent in twenty twenty seven. I as much as this just came out of the blue, I wonder, Pharrell, if this could just disappear just as fast and we find out that they've agreed on a long term contract well before training camp. I don't know if this Picking situation strikes you as more of the same from what we've seen in the past, with Dallas playing hardball with some of these you know, building block type players, or you think this one is a little bit different. How are you viewing the picking situation right now?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna draft this player, and I'm going to draft him as often as I can. I believe that, you know, I would get into players ear and I would say, you know what, brother buck Up made four million dollars last year the system. Now as you tagged, and you're looking at twenty seven point three million, walk up and take your twenty seven point three million like a real man, and go out there and enjoy the benefits of being a Dallas cowboy. He was on his best behavior. He's perfect. We talk about landing spots for players coming into the league. We also talk about what a change of scenery can do for a player, and you and I talked about it Bucky very early on the show. Get him out of where he was and get him to a place with a veteran quarterback that could really throw the ball. Boom, you got it. And the other receiver, Ceedee Lamb is there too, and that's part of his problem. How do you pay both these guys? Plus you have Dack Prescott, one of the best paid quarterbacks in the business. Dallas may want to extend this contract, but they might not be able to do it without getting other players involved to taking pay cuts, and it could be too convoluted. I think that we're in a situation here where this player needs to continue. But he was at peace on the field this year because he was at peace off the field. He needs to continue with that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: He's going to be a very very wealthy NFL player throughout the years. And hey, get the Dallas Cowboys into uh into super Bowl contention, and you'll want to be a Cowboy for life. There's no better place in the world to play football when you're winning in Dallas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except for Green Bay, Wisconsin. I totally now Balke. You know that that's that's this. You know that that's good, but it's not doabas. You've got to understand.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, uh, and I do understand.
Speaker 1: The last thing I want to bring up here before we get into tonight's guest interview with Tom Weaver, tell me how much you're buying into this Adam Schefter, who I think measures his words carefully and doesn't always report on everything unless he thinks it's Somehow Newsworthy said he would be watching to see if Atlanta is going to find a trade partner for Kyle Pitts, who there trading away now. Ian Cunningham, who's the new GM for the Falcons, said it's his job to listen when it talked when he was asked about the potential for moving Kyle Pitts, even after tagging him with the franchise tag, and certainly Atlanta. I mean, if you want to connect the dots here, they don't have a first round pick this year. I'm sure they'd love to have a first round pick, getting Kyle Pitt's salary, this huge chunk of change that they are committed to this year off the books for a player that I think they like but perhaps don't love. Is there how much smoke do you think there is right now to Kyle Pitts not being an Atlanta Falcon this year and perhaps maybe not being an Atlanta Falcon as soon as tomorrow.
Speaker 2: If you could tell me that the new coaching staff doesn't reward a tied end and doesn't want to feature a tight end of their offense, I might be able to buy into this, But I don't believe it. I don't understand why after coming off his best year that he's possibly had. And I don't understand why with the fact that you've hamstrung him somewhat with poor play at the quarterback position. To me, this is the perfect player. He's a young player, He's a player that we just saw a better season from. Why would you want to trade this is another draft pick? Hey, and I'm a first year general manager. Sure, let's trade Pits and let's let everybody say, hey, what'd you get for Pitts? No, thank you. I'll just keep Pits and I'll go on with it. You know, that'll be fine with me. I'll keep Pits and I'll trust this new coach to help him become a better ballplayer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I mean, I'm excited for that too. The other the other thing, when it comes to Pits, if he is traded, it's going to be a team that wants to utilize him. So if you have Pits, you shouldn't feel like this need to move him now, because I think if he does go to a new spot, he's still going to utilize heavily.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so you're just looking for a business You're trying to match business situation with who you move. So yeah, Okay, so there's because of the business situation, you might want to move him. No, I'm the new general manager. I'm not moving this player.
Speaker 1: I and Adam Houn chiming into if he is the Kelsey successor and heard him this season, and it would because obviously you have Travis Kelcey still there. I do think that. I mean, I know it was a three year deal that he signed, but I think it's more like a one year deal and then after that, you know, they Kelsey's on a year to year deal right now.
Speaker 2: Kelsey will still be playing when retires, He'll still be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, business, there are gonna be guys that are gonna be drafted in the first round, Pharaoh that will retire before Travis.
Speaker 2: It could happen. What do you say, non zero chance?
Speaker 1: A non zero chance of that happening, my friend, there is a there is a one hundred chance that we're gonna have a great guest on tonight, and I'm gonna bring him on right now. He won three FFPC Dynasty leagues last year alone. He's here tonight to share his advice for success in the FFPC Dynasty streets, as well as some of his insight into dynasty fantasy football and the twenty twenty six NFL Draft itself. Please welcome on to the program, Tom Weaver. Tom, Happy NFL Draft EVE to you. Thanks so much for joining us tonight.
Speaker 2: Likewise, gentlemen, look at old Tom.
Speaker 4: I'm great.
Speaker 2: We are excited to have you on tonight.
Speaker 1: And the first thing I asked, I ask everybody this, when you're not winning all these FFPC leagues, what are you doing for a living?
Speaker 4: Serve well for a living.
Speaker 5: I do like long term rentals, investments and housing flips as my main course of action. I dabble in ticket broker work on concerts and so kind of grinding a couple of different places and being diversified.
Speaker 4: I used to work provisor and HR.
Speaker 5: And the benefit side of things, working on pension plans and four one K plans. But when that came to an end, just tried to do some other things and it became, you know, pretty successful in that. And just being able to be your own boss is a wonderful thing.
Speaker 1: That's quite the switch from from careers that that that is wild, Tom, But there had to be a certain amount of like terrors too strong a word, but definitely nervousness switching from one one area like that to something.
Speaker 4: Completely different, right, I mean, when.
Speaker 5: Not to go too deep into the history, but when Fiser lost it's exclusivity on like Viagara and Lipator, two of their major drugs, they let go a ton of the salesforce at the time, and being in HR, we were kind of more like overhead versus someone trying to like find new medicines in the pipeline. So eventually they were just letting a lot of people go and I ended up being my time. And during that time, I was you know, I had season tickets to, like I live in the New Jersey area, the New Jersey Devils and the New York Giants, and you know, I was selling games I couldn't go to and they were profiting. So while I was searching for another job, I kept increasing that more and eventually I.
Speaker 4: Was making more than I was making in my career before.
Speaker 5: So I just kind of kept rolling with that and with new connections, just kind of diversifying, you know, investments in money, you know.
Speaker 4: Just to try to stay in my toes.
Speaker 5: And one of the things reasons I did it is just because like sometimes in like corporate America, you it might not be your fault on while you might get cut, and if I did get another job, and you know, now I'm approaching fifty, I might not be an attractive higher if something like that happened again.
Speaker 4: So I just wanted to kind of control my own destiny.
Speaker 2: If you will, that's brilliant. And you became a professional fantasy football player. And let me ask you something does does Does the overuse of I ever lead to unfettered beard growth? I'm passing around in the chat room and I just want.
Speaker 4: To put you know that might be a side effect for something.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, see there's things back we just.
Speaker 4: Don't know exactly.
Speaker 2: Turn your hair white. So there's a lot of things going on about that. Hey, we're playing Dynasty together.
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, Marion Hampton m hm, And I desire the one point one draft spot. I really want. Jeremiah Love, you've got You've got the one one? Will you take Hampton from before that one one? Is that a good decision?
Speaker 4: I'm sticking. I'm leaning much more to Love in this particular cave.
Speaker 2: I am too. Here's another one that Drew Mascelli just checked in with this. He wants to know if you have the one one. Would you accept the one four, the one seven, and the one ten in exchange for it three first round picks.
Speaker 4: Over Jeremiah, Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: You won't do it. Won't if you wouldn't trade Kyle Pitts either. And that's what's going on here.
Speaker 5: I've even made trades for love offering, though like one O two and the one oh three. Sometimes that didn't even get it done. I think the people and the value just have him at just this. He's the clear one oh one. He's dynamic and redrafts, he potentially could be the first overall pick in a redraft for many years coming down the you.
Speaker 2: Know, and brother Weaver, I had to work hard to be the best of the also rams to get that one one spot and I you know, I'm proud of it. Jeremilo's in my trophy. I'm not trading the other Dad.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say, I remember going back, you know, watching those weeks for the teams that didn't make the playoffs and getting to those finals, and like how important that championship in the consolation bracket was because looking forward and paying attention to, you know, how the class was looking and who was going to be there you knew who the one O one was going to be, and how valuable that you know that truly was in terms of a difference of you know what you could do with the one O two in particular.
Speaker 1: And you're leading kind of and I think I know what you're gonna say now, Tom, but you consider not only Love but the rest of this class and people's perception of it. Maybe this year more so in other previous years, that one oh one is worth exponentially more than a combination of first rounders. This year, you're trading the one oh one. Last year, the one O two and the one O three for sure would get it done right, not as they courso would say, not so fast, my friend, this year because of the at least the perceived disparity between Love and the rest of this class.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think the market in general has kind of come around to eventually started hearing people like, hey, I don't want to pick after in a super flex league after one oh five. You can make the argument that maybe like a Casey Concepsio and as a solid option at one O six, and maybe you could kind of broaden that. In fact, depending on landing spots tomorrow, he might jump one of the other receivers that are the you know, quote unquote, you know Big three. But leading into the beginning of the off season and super Flex, you're talking you know, Mendoza and then you know those three receivers, and then after that, you know, people were highly questionable you know, around the value. It was just a huge tear break in people's eyes. Eventually, at least it was, you know, in my eyes. So I kind of just started pivoting accordingly before other people kind of caught on. I think some people that aren't like full time or following the content or following you know, the prospects that are you know, playing in college at the time coming in this class was supposed to be quarterback heavy.
Speaker 4: Cheers class, and.
Speaker 5: All of them fell apart, you know, Lagni and Drew Aller, Leonora Sellers was a name that you heard that could be a potential you know quarterback coming into the class. And I'm talking about last fall, and you saw the play in college going down and you're like, okay, so where does that leave this class, you know, in value And at the time, no one was talking Mendozo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the other.
Speaker 1: Thing too, Chambliss Manning and more all three other guys that people were expecting to be in this class or at least knew that there was a shot of them being in this class. Maybe Chamberless should have been in this class, but they're not, and so it's really watered down the quarterback position in this Let me just ask you just real quick as far as like trading draft picks and how you feel about what what you should be doing when you should be doing it. Basically, I think it's interesting, Tom, because we know as it gets closer and closer to the draft, these rookie picks get more and more valuable. We also know, and I've heard from a lot of people they're having a difficult time moving their twenty twenty six picks in exchange for twenty twenty seven picks. Is seemingly nobody wants it. I've also heard people are having problems trying to move down in the draft. Not a lot of people want to come up. I think this is what's happening with the Cardinals that pick three in the real life draft coming up to us. What's your philosophy? I mean, we could talk about specifically this year, but what's your philosophy sort of how we should be as diningstowners, how we should be treating these rookie picks once we know what slots they're going to be at after the regular season ends.
Speaker 2: What's the best.
Speaker 1: Plan of action for handling these picks going forward, right up until the start of rookie drafts come next week?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: I think, you know, you should be following the market and getting ahead of the market before your other, you know, league mates catch on. So, for example, I thought this class was going to be relatively weak, or at least there was going to be the market and the idea that this class was going to be weak. So I made a lot of moves where I was, you know, dealing the one oh six through the one people were at the time in January when these picks were released on FFPC, I was moving to one ten and the one to eleven for a random twenty seven first R And it wasn't and it wasn't a problem. And that was an easy thing to do for me because I felt that this is kind of where we were going, and you know, there might be hits in this tript Now you have.
Speaker 4: To decide who they're going to be.
Speaker 5: You could be wrong, but at the same time there is the hype of twenty seven coming up, and now that we're into April, people have caught on in orphans that I've bought, you know, trying to then move these you know later. Twenty six picks has become a little bit more challenging, you know, to do it. You're adding you know, the second and the third or some other kind of package or throwing in you know, a veteran with it to try to get it done, and you know, most people are.
Speaker 4: Saying no to that.
Speaker 5: You know, I spam offers to everybody and across the leagues, in over one hundred of these FFPC leagues. So me chatting in the league and having conversations is a difficult thing to do time wise, but if you stay on it, you could get something done or open up conversation and really it just takes one person out of the twelve, you know, to agree. But now that we're here, I think if people are so against these twenty six picks, it actually offers the other opportunity that maybe you could coind of get someone the cheap.
Speaker 4: So it's kind of a little bit of an ebb and flow.
Speaker 5: If everyone hates you know that you know, draft capital is going to mean something tomorrow, and I mean something will probably touch on too.
Speaker 4: It's like, who's the RB two in this class? Well, if you.
Speaker 2: Look at if you look at oh I interrupted, you don't go ahead, No.
Speaker 5: No, I was just saying, like landing, if someone ends up going to Seattle pretty early, that's going to look attractive. If someone gets like early round two draft capital, that's going to look attractive, and it's going to make that say that one oh seven one oh eight look better than it kind of currently does. And the same thing with like the tight end, like at Eli Stowers, does he find the right landing spot given his like skill set and what the potential usage could be. He might move up or he could go the other way. But there's some of these picks that I think are going to be, you know, more valuable than people are considering in that like one oh six to like one oh eight to nine range, and maybe it offers an opportunity to go back the whole other way and you know, find a way to acquire.
Speaker 4: One of those on the cheap.
Speaker 2: I have a question, Tom, how much redraft.
Speaker 4: Do you play? I That's what I used to do all the time.
Speaker 5: I am in only one now I kind of quit all the redraft to you know, get into Dynasty. And just the only reason is it's a home league and it's with some like older friends and businesses, so see it. And I would basically like lose a lot of contact if I dropped from that league. So it's not even about yea.
Speaker 2: That has been thrown down. Uh, I can see that we're gonna have a tough sell getting Tom and and his baby blue hoodie down here in Kentucky to work on it. He's got the right color of sweater on to come to Kentucky. So we're gonna, we're gonna starting, We're gonna start getting it because you've got a lot of skills, a lot of talent. That's what. That's what Billy Hollywood just popped up and says, I don't play Dynasty. So I'm wanna. I'm also gonna thwart him. I'm gonna I'm gonna say we've got a Dynasty orphan in the k F s A. I'm just gonna give it to Billy Hollywood and make you play it that you you've got You've got a real good head for this, and I think knowing, uh the rookie class as well as you do make you an excellent redraft player.
Speaker 4: That's all I want to say.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm drafting every moment I get a chance.
Speaker 5: And I mean I've done something like fastball on the side too, just so I don't have to like.
Speaker 2: Now true con you see, Boggy, we stayed there. We got a little confession a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I almost consider it like when you say redraft, I just think.
Speaker 4: More like lineup.
Speaker 5: But uh, yeah, I mean that's what I did for so long, and just you know, sometimes you're you know in the leagues, you catch some injuries or some bad luck, and then you know your redraft is just kind of done. Also, from a trade perspective, everyone's going for the same thing winning that year.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: In Dynasty, as you guys will know, is just that there's always an opportunity and every single team someone's looking for something different. If you're active, and I love the trade. I put all my kids to bed at night, And what kind of calms me down is going through all my leagues and like just looking at trades, looking at options, trying to think a couple of steps ahead, trying to be better listening to content, and you don't need to believe all the content you hear, but just to try to take in other opinions.
Speaker 4: And just makes you think, you know, what, am I going to think about that?
Speaker 5: Maybe I disagree, maybe I need to reconsider something, you know, along those lines.
Speaker 4: And uh, you know that's I kind of it's I want to do it.
Speaker 2: Well Malkey, and I want Monkey, and I want you to help us figure out Tampa Bay.
Speaker 1: You're going to go first, both, Yeah, I'll go first on this. And just real quick to just to peggyback on that content comment. I love listening and reading to stuff, not necessarily to find things that I agree with, but things that kind of reinforced my previous beliefs as well as what are other people saying, you know what, what like these other people that I'm playing against in Dynasty, what are some of the what are some of their viewpoints? So I kind of know how to attack trades and stuff like that. So that's another another great aspect. You don't want to live in your own echo chamber at Dynasty. You always want to be, you know, being having osmosis with all the information coming in Tampa.
Speaker 2: Let's get to it Jalen McMillan. I know Steve G's in the chat.
Speaker 4: I know he's a.
Speaker 1: Jalen McMillan fan. He's got a dodge with draft this year. Obviously, you don't want to see Tampa soaking some early draft round capital, day one or Day two draft capital into a receiver to potentially take the place of Mike Evans. And certainly I know they're in the market for a tight end as well. But let's say that Tampa focuses on defense and focuses online offensive line or stuff like that, and they don't really take a receiver, knowing that Evans is San Francisco and knowing that it's Chris Godwin, it's a mecha Buka. How fantasy worthy do you think Jalen McMillan could be in an offense functioning as the de facto number three wide receiver this year? Is he simply bench tapped or would you see him as something more?
Speaker 5: I think he has a potential to be more. I'm a big fan. I was a fan. I was accruing a lot of gentlem McMillan over the offseason, and much to my chagrin, they drafted at BUKA.
Speaker 4: So that kind of kind of new some of his value. I held on to him.
Speaker 5: I didn't even cut him because I really actually believe in the player. I saw in twenty twenty four what he did with the opportunities that he was given as a rookie. He was making plays downfield, making big plays in big games. And that's with you know, Mike Evans and Godwin there at the time. Part of my concern overall, if you know, if I have one is just okay. The Tampa Bay offense in twenty twenty four was phenomenal and last year it wasn't. And it got worse as the year goes on. So which offense we're going to see? Was that dude to something? You know, Baker had a lot of like it was banged up a lot. Maybe there was frustration, Bucky was hurt. The old line might have not been great. So what are we looking at, you know, this year? But with Mike Evans gone, I think he's a great, you know, replacement, and Godwin is aging and it might not really be the same. After that ankle related injury that he had the year before, I think the upside he could be re injured. Of course, I think the upside is he very well could be second guy there. So I'm I'm I'm all for it, and you know, maybe he might be depth, you know in the beginning, certain leagues like the Rodo Vis leagues which are a little deeper. I think he could be a flex potentially early some bye week replacement, and then given the right opportunity, if Tampa Bay looks better, he could grow.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Further, I just took over a team before the call and looking through the transaction history, saw that someone dropped Jail and McMillan on the March thirty first cuts, which is as hard to believe. And you know, you could get somebody that has fantasy value for.
Speaker 4: Very cheap cost, in this case, almost nothing.
Speaker 5: I don't know what the I mean, you probably could have got him to someone probably would have just been happy enough instead of cutting him to get a you know, a fifth round pick.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'll take that bet all day.
Speaker 5: You know, it might not work out, but it's a game of bets, and you know, for the cost, you know, I I see a tremendous amount of upside.
Speaker 2: Well that's good because I see a tremendous amount of upside in this backfield with this acquisition of Game Well. You know, I think I have to often go look at the stats of how many passes he called last year? Seventy three passes? Does he make that in this backfield? You know, Bucky Irving is his one of Balkey's all time favorite players. He called him early, he called him often, and he loves it. And yet last year, yeah, he played hurt and the three point four yards per carry and one touchdown? And what does game Well bring to this team that with a healthy Bucky Irving? How are dynasty players handling this? I know how I would like to handle it and redraft, but from the dynasty perspective, what are you seeing?
Speaker 4: Said he's a very polarizing player.
Speaker 5: You have the Bucky lovers and you have the other ones that immediately want to talk go back to his profile.
Speaker 4: He's just a guy. He was drafted on Day three.
Speaker 5: You know what was going on last year with the injury lingering, you know, he kind of heard some of the little things. You know, there could have been some mental health type of things that he was struggling with recovering from the injury. Did that impact him in the last couple of weeks when he did return because he really wasn't you know? Effective? Tampa Bay. You know they did sign Gainwell. They gave him a two year deal fourteen million. They let Rashada Way walk. You know he's going to have that role. They didn't sign him for no reason. You know, he's going to catch a lot of balls on the Gainwell side. I don't think it's going to be like last year when you have Aaron Rodgers just jumping it off all the time and him being on the field.
Speaker 4: He's goods pro.
Speaker 2: He was necessary, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean so from a Gamewell perspectives. As efficient as he is, it's hard to say that he's going to match what he did last year. And if he somehow did it, would you know it would come at buck.
Speaker 4: He's just.
Speaker 2: Last year a thousand total yards receiving and rushing in eight touchdowns, receiving and rushing this year, sharing with Bucky Irving, what does he do?
Speaker 5: I think on the Gainwell side, I'm guessing more I'm in I'm in the more of the range of the seven hundred perhaps and maybe like fifty to sixty ball something more reasonable, given you know, it's a different offense.
Speaker 4: I think he's going to be effective. I think he's going to be efficient.
Speaker 5: I think it's going to hurt because he has you know, Fantasy point friendly, you know, with the PPR on him, and that might hurt Bucky. But at the same time, there just passes to Bucky that aren't going to always be on third down. He could receive, he could catch. I don't think it's the other consideration too with Bucky is you know they re signed you know, Sean Tucker, he was actually getting goal line work at the end of the year and Bucky wasn't. I'm not saying I'm projecting that to happen this year, but its what if.
Speaker 4: Sean Tucker at.
Speaker 5: A lot of very is Bucky closer to the twenty twenty four form and he's healthy, and the Tampa Bay offense as a whole, you know, improves because Rashaun White still had a role, then it's not like it was, you know, all Bucky. He's totally not nuked because Gainwell's there. Does it limit his ceiling a little bit? Yeah, I would say that, you know, it probably does. But I still think he's the main guy. I still think he could be effective. I'm just hoping that the Sean Tucker goal line type of thing, you know, doesn't come into play because too and you start to be more between the twenties type of guy, and you kind of have that like low calorie, you know, touch thing going on, and it's just kind of kind of cap his ceiling. I I think he's appropriately placed within the market just because you have that uncertainty. And I don't want to give like a cop out answer, but I.
Speaker 2: Think Tom just to solve, just from my own curiosity, where are you from?
Speaker 4: Originally from New Jersey. I live in Michigan. Now since my that's good.
Speaker 2: That's good, Bunkie, there's a there's a Tom. We were lingo that, you know, the words like a crew and polarizing and you know, lots of people call it joining the show. He called it the call, which means he does this all.
Speaker 4: The time, you know.
Speaker 2: I kind of I kind of liked that, and he just referred he just referred to the low calorie. I put that in there too. Yeah, I like little little buzzwords.
Speaker 5: Is he could tell I kind of listened to some of the content that these other creators make and these are some of the like buds like stick.
Speaker 2: This stuff is all original. Sometimes your original stuff.
Speaker 1: He had one on on Insider Access on Monday Night Matt Price and Dynasty League Football where I can't remember what we were talking about, but he we're talking about ceiling and floor versus a player, and he had this this guy's floor is so low, the floor is lava for him.
Speaker 2: Really, I hadn't heard that before.
Speaker 1: I know James Hicks was chiving in on the YouTube comments on that one, that one. Let's stick in the state of Florida. Tom, and I know there's a lot of Parker Washington hype that has been going on this offseason. I want to ask you just just straight out, from from a redraft standpoint, from a Dynasty standpoint, doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering what.
Speaker 1: You think the likelihood is that he actually ends the season as the Jaguars top receiver.
Speaker 5: I mean, nothing's one hundred percent certain, but I'm pretty close to one hundred.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 5: I love what he did last year. I love you know, Trevor Lawrence is effective. I mean, they brought your Kobe Myers into they gave him an extension pretty much almost right away, because you know, and that wasn't having anything to do with Parker Washington. That had everything to do with you know, BTJ not being effective. They tried to do some things with them the fit in the offense that he just wasn't really good at. So they kind of you know, made a change there. So I think, you know, Myers is a little bit older, and Parker Washington would just look the part. I mean, he's just more than you know, the punter, kind of kick returner type of guy that people thought. I think if anything, people might be just kind of stuck in that you know mode where you know they're using like a pass bias on him in his size, that he's not really the guy, but given the way they run their offense, he's a perfect fit. You'd also talk about, you know, Travis Hunter. They said he's going to play more cornerback this year. That tells you all you need to know about how strong they feel about how you know, the receiving group of how it's currently is. You know, they're very comfortable with them, and so am I. You know, I got am on Weavers a lot last year and he was in my starting lineup and pretty much all of them, you know, as the year progressed, he's a beautiful find, and you know, Myers is getting up there in age.
Speaker 4: I think Washington's effective, And like I said.
Speaker 5: I think, you know BTJ supposedly there's rumors out there that they were looking for a first round pick and trade him if the right cost, you know, if the right opportunity presented it.
Speaker 4: So it didn't.
Speaker 5: He's still gonna have a role in the offense. But you know, I think Washington's going to just be a PPR machine.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: And this player, you look at him, he's five to ten, but he's over two under pounds. He's certainly a solid body to play the position. You've talked about Jacoby Myers. You hear this expression coach in the locker room, coach on the field, which which usually is is overblown. But in Jacoby Myers. I've never talked to any NFL receivers who've been in the room at Jacoby Myers that did not say that that experience made them a better player. And I think that's one of the things Myers brings to the team. And Steve g makes a comment down here, bad route runner, and maybe so, but there's not an easier thing that you can correct h through coaching. And and and through repetition than than running bad routes. You can't necessarily speed through them. You can't necessarily increase your speed, but you can understand the kind of routes that the quarterback wants you to run, and that veteran quarterback there's there's a little bit of forgiveness in UH in the route running there too. So I I really I love this player in UH. You know, I started with in Dynasty. Of course it's in Dynasty because it's a damn trade. But I traded the two O nine for Parker Washington this year. Oh that's that's a good Ye.
Speaker 5: A lot of the trades I saw was like more like an early second. But I mean, look at the product. You know, he's still young. Maybe he is a you know, a poor route runner, but that wasn't his game. You know, he could learn from that, and to your point with Myers, you know, he he could get better. And he also was, regardless of that, highly productive. So I don't necessarily you know see that. I mean, look at you know, that offense hit another gear, you know during the year, and you know when they acquired Myers and started utilizing Washington and and like I said, when you kind of put Hunter back to cornerback. There's a reason for it that you have that luxury because you're very comfortable with what you got.
Speaker 2: Well, we as w Steven g Is corrected that his comment on his comment on Washing BTJ. Yeah, I mean and the yeah BTJ might be an undisciplined route runner there with a lot of space, but you know what, h the if you stick around a little bit, you can catch any receiver being a bad route runner. You know. It's it's it's nice.
Speaker 1: Before we move off, Washington, I just want to say this. I did not realize this. I just looked this up. This will be Parker Washington's fourth year in the NFL.
Speaker 2: And the dude last month turned twenty four years old.
Speaker 1: You think about some of the nil stuff that's going on some of these receivers coming into the NFL twenty four years old.
Speaker 2: Parker Washington this is age twenty four season and this will be his fourth year in the league.
Speaker 1: You love to see it.
Speaker 2: The youth, The youth can be served and appreciated in football.
Speaker 5: You know one, I mean dynasty value wise, because he is going into his fourth year and obviously he wasn't a first round pick. Hopefully they extend him because obviously that's a tremendous offense, you know, to be a part of. And Trevor Lawrence took you know, a step forward. There's a lot of Lawrence kind of haters, but he did turn a corner and you know, made major improvements. And you know, Liam Cohen was, you know, a genius.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about it. Let's talk about another young player. My first foray into drafting twenty twenty six was the baby Gorilla and I did, did you do any baby gorillas? I?
Speaker 4: I didn't. I'm gonna need to get involved.
Speaker 2: Leader who you got to have some of the baby gorillas? But anyway, uh I reviewed my first few rounds with Balkey, and uh I believe on the three four turn.
Speaker 4: I'm drafting the eleventh.
Speaker 2: Perhaps in the fourth round I took Carol Fannon, which all the things we said about Parker I think we could say about Fannon in regards to productivity and age. You know, here here's a player, a very young player. I think he's going to do nothing to get better, and I think he's going to continue to be great this year. My now, I find myself a little more polished in drafting now in a big gorilla. But I'm still drafting fan and in the same place. And I think anyone that got fanned Balkey helped me. Remember, and brother Weaver, you may know right, you may be right on top of it, but Fantom was not a high draft pick in Dynasty coming out of Bowling Green. Am I right about this? Well? I mean it depends on like your.
Speaker 1: Definition, I sound like Bill Clinton now it depends of high right.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think anything like three, four, four, You know, top three is top two is high, three and four is in the middle, and five through seven is late. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm looking this up right now to fresh my own memory. I'm looking back on Fantasy Mojo right now. And by the way, you can look back on this kind of stuff at fantasymojo dot com.
Speaker 2: When it comes to previous year's adp. He has it.
Speaker 1: If you're playing in the f f PC, get a membership to Fantasymojo dot com. He was as far as the rookies go, last year, Farrell was on average the three oh seven in PC rookie drafts, which was basically I mean, dude was being This is crazy to me when you think about it. A Royal fan and Ferguson. Those guys were all going in a clump together behind Mason Taylor and then of course behind Lovelin and Warren who had massive NFL draft capital. But Fannin was like a mid third round rookie pick last year in tight end premium leagues, which is crazy to think about.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious about that. You are you a big fan.
Speaker 4: And fan I am.
Speaker 5: I didn't get enough shares last year through the draft, which was unfortunate. I didn't see it coming. You know, you talked about the competition and the Mac. You know at the time when his profile was their house is gonna you know work. You know, his athleticism, some people kind of questioned, and you know then on the Browns when the djoku there at the time, you could see why possibly you know, he it slide and people just wouldn't believe given you know, you know that he was from the MAC detractors. Even now if there are I rank them fifth behind the big four. I have him ahead of Laporta. You know, the back end. He kind of concerns me long term, the way Lions given out deals. He might not be resigned, just you know from a financial standpoint, where might you go.
Speaker 4: I'm talking like down the road here, Craft is coming off in a c L. I have no.
Speaker 5: Problem with Tucker Craft. I like Tucker Craft, but I do have Hannan fan and ahead of them, detractors are gonna, you know, talk about, you know, he can't replicate what he did last year, you know, calling it potentially you know, like you fraudulent productivity because given uh yeah, I mean this is what you'll hear on you know, in some of the streets, just given like they were just throwing the ball and they didn't have any kind of weapons. But what's that different than this year? Necessarily? I mean, we'll see after the draft. But how is that, you know, necessarily changing? You know, the coach, Thefanski does love to use the tight end a lot. He's no longer you know there, so you know, maybe there could be a kind of a concern there. But give me a guy that was like twenty twenty one, super young, that balled out last year. Why am I really going to expect, you know, anything different. He's a weapon, he's an asset. You know, I'm not I'm not sure who's the starting quarterback is going to be there. You know, maybe that factors. Maybe the you know, the scheme with a different uh you know, coach and offense changes things. But I mean they do not have a lot of weapons. We'll see what they do with the six pick, you know, tomorrow. Hopefully it's more like an offensive line that could only help the situation versus you know, adding you know, one of the stud receivers. So I'm all, I'm all about him. I was acquiring him this offseason. I Neil on startups. He's kind of steamed up to you know, tight end five in near the range that you were referring to.
Speaker 4: H And you know, I think it's a good place.
Speaker 5: And he was a little bit cheaper than that, you know, preseason, and you know, I think it's well warranted.
Speaker 2: Well Walkey, Tom said that I made a good call at that last year's situation was a bit polarizing. And I'm going to crewe points with my selection of Fannin And and you were you you were You're definitely suffering from low calorie intag when you said I fit too much drafting.
Speaker 1: Right work right away, Farrell. You gotta love it. Yeah, I of all the of all the complaints that I've heard with Fannin, I never viewed punching above his weight last year as is one it took too. Seriously, I don't see much reason. I mean, obviously there's always something that could happen, but seventy two catches and thirty yards six touchdowns. Know when Joku this year, I don't. I don't see any reason why he can't duplication or even be better than that in twenty twenty six and both.
Speaker 2: You don't ever underestimate those bowling Green Falcons. You got one playing defensive line for your Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 1: And that is Carl Brooks, right, yes, sir, Yeah, Carl Brooks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, And he is from Detroit, the state of Michigan.
Speaker 1: Where Billy Bill Hollywood's there, Phil, you and obviously Tom Tom We we mentioned Fannin was was a big time rookie sleeper last season. Do you have any as it stands right now before these guys get draft capital, do you have any favorite rookie sleepers you'd be willing to share with us?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you took.
Speaker 5: I have a couple. Chris Bell was on my list. We already talked about him. Kind of took my thunder a little bit. No need to kind of reiterate, but you know, just just real quickly, given the injury, you might be getting a discount. Some of the news was positive today, so maybe not as much of a discount as I, you know, I was hoping for. But you know, his potential on this upside, given where you know you're going to be spending in the draft compared to other you know players, I like that, and I'm also in you know, the in tight end premium. I think there's a lot of potential, you know, tight end depth. You know, you got delp justin Joel Lee to name two of them, Raush, and the list kind of goes on and kind of like fan and you could end up having seeing some of these in the late second into the third round or your rookie draft, and they don't need to show too much, accept a little bit of promise to retain their fantasy value and then if they actually you know, pop off a little bit, you have an extremely you know, attractive asset that you know you could either keep or you know, have the flexibility to you know, utilize that in some kind of trade and just kind of cash out if you will for a different you know asset. But in these tight end premium I think there's a lot of shots you could take in this tight end class you know later on and benefit from.
Speaker 2: Talk to me about landing spots real quick. We had a guess last week. I don't remember what he said about landing spots, but it drew some of the ire from our from our group and commentary. The like the young tidy end goes to Kansas City, it's poor landing spot. The I think anyone that goes to Tampa might not be the greatest landing spot. I never have love of the quarterback assets. Uh, what are some of the what are some of the red flags and what are some of the green flags for landing spots? And how you see it working for certain individual players And are there any players that are just wherever they go, they're gonna they're going.
Speaker 4: To be excellent. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean in the case of Love and some of the other wide receivers, they're going to be fine. You might have preferred landing spots, but some of these studs they're using high draft capital, they're going to have a plan for them. There's some that are agree aren't you know attractive? I mean, like, for example, like New York Jets, there's always been a problem. There's always a quarterback problem. Their offensive struggled, you know, for years. Just organizationally, they're not strong, and it's one of those things, like the top down approach. You always see the same organization struggling quite often. You know, the Cleveland Browns they talk of, you know that worked, you know for Fanning. Judkins looked fairly good, you know as well last year before the injury. You know, I think it might matter, Like with specifics I had talked about Stours, you know, Eli Stowers, he probably is a little bit more specific to what would be effective.
Speaker 4: In the in his offense.
Speaker 5: And not only that, as if you go to bad team and the coaches on the ropes and gets canned and you get someone new coming in, they might have a different whole scheme and how you want to use somebody, and and also you know that wasn't your draft pick, you know, either. So sometimes I think there could be something along the lines where going to a poor team that might have coaching changes could impact your future potential value as well. But at the same time, like at Jeremiah Love, I'm more interested, not necessarily in Atlantic spot for Jeremiah Love, but whose value at running back is going to get nuked tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Scatter?
Speaker 5: Is it Tyler Algier that some people bought into when you got that deal over there?
Speaker 4: Is it? You know? Is it poll or not that he had the like most tremendous value you know in the world. But you know, I'm just.
Speaker 5: Thinking about you know, if the Giants did all the Skataboo fans, uh, you know, his value would just simply be nuked. So you know, the landing spot also is more it could be very impactful on the other assets that we have across our dynasty leagues.
Speaker 2: Hey ball, here's a wild guard question for you, tom Uh. Guys from last year that were victims of this landing spot fiasco. I can think of a couple. I'm curious if you can think of a couple that in the Dynasty are going to be in that free agent pool if you could return to and possibly reclaim. Is not a rookie draft pick, but as a free agent draft pick.
Speaker 4: Well, we actually touched on Genleen McMillan.
Speaker 5: He was one that he wasn't even in the rookie class, but he kind of got impacted by the drafting of it, you know at BOOKA, he's throwing back some other ones.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think off the top of my head.
Speaker 2: You're thinking, I'm gonna throw you one if you with And this is a player from a Kentucky Now you're a Western Kentucky University of Malakat Corley who went to the Jets. It just didn't work out. But he's in Cleveland. There's a hard working, good looking ballplayer that that I was high on when he came out.
Speaker 1: So many people were high on that guy, you know, big time. So there is there is a you know, a bounce back possibility there.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 1: Let's do a couple of emails here for you. That came in Jim in Camden, New Jersey. Uh, maybe your old stomping grounds. I don't know New Jersey all that well, but he says, and you touched on this earlier, Tom. He writes, Hi, Tom, who is your number two rookie running back this season?
Speaker 4: Thanks?
Speaker 2: That is Jim and Camden, New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jim. I'm not going to answer this question for you, but it seems to me that you right now. It's kind of a fool's erring to answer this because draft capital is going to influence who the number two guy.
Speaker 5: Is one hundred percent. I mean, like from a prospect level, who I think draft capital aside, who might have like a three down sort of pople play might be like Joanna Coleman, whereas Jadarian Price I think will be like a complimentary back.
Speaker 4: And maybe he doesn't catch. You know, he doesn't have a lot of receptions.
Speaker 5: And you know in college playing after Love, he's a kind of a tough one to kind of gauge because he was behind Love and the Arkansas running back Mike was it Anderson and Washington, and I think and Anderson getting like my old man here forgetting names. But uh yeah, I mean, you know he had a tremendous combine obviously, you know he got that speed and strength. But you know his profile, you know, isn't you know, truly effective. So how do you kind of weigh that And to your point where we're getting we touched on before, who's going to Seattle, who's going early?
Speaker 4: Second?
Speaker 5: The draft capital and the landing spot especially you know in the running back situation, you know is everything, and you know, you look back to last year, you kind of had your own, like, you know, favorite list of running backs and a heavy running back class, and how much did that kind of move as he went down the scale, Like oh, I like DJ Giddens, he got drafted.
Speaker 4: By the calls behind Taylor. That's done.
Speaker 5: You know, people are on the you know, like a Taj Brooks for example, he never really you know, saw the field. Caleb Johnson, you know, didn't really pan out, you know with the third round, you know capital, you know, so where you go and the opportunities that could present themselves, is is really going to impact who's going to end up being number two From the dynaste redre you know, rookie drift perspective. We hope that the landing spot in round two, you know, whether like I mentioned Seattle, maybe Minnesota does something they have some questionable running back to an age and an offense that usually he's running back friendly. That would boost the value to that player and you know, jump some other people.
Speaker 1: Washington is a team to watch out for for Jeremiah Love, but maybe somebody in the second round as well. And that leads me in to our final email for you tonight from John and Poughkeepsie, New York. He writes for you, Tom, what's up? Man, How reliant is Jaden Daniels going to be on rookie difference makers in twenty twenty six? N we appreciate that the cupboard is semi bear. I mean when you're talking about Treylon Burks right now as your number two wide receiver in Washington, zach Ertz, I mean we're still talking about him because Ben Sinnett has not become what we have hoped he would be. Daniels probably needs some more playmakers on that offense. Love would certainly be a good one. Carnel Tate, Jordan Tyson would be excellent ones. But what the fact of the matter is this, the majority of the big time difference makers as far as free agents go, are signed.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: There's still guys like Keenan Allen and Steph Diggs and somebody like that out there, players like that out there. But if the Commanders are going to make a run, they're probably going to have to need some guys who can you know, chew up yardage and score the ball? Uh this this season? Who are rookies? Tom in your eyes? How how much of Jade Daniel's success is going to rely on what they do this weekend in the draft?
Speaker 5: I think a good amount just tossing another name out there in the future, you know, whenever the Brandon Ayuk situation might unwind. He's been someone that the commanders might target, you know as well, you know, to add to the team. You know, that would be another weapon. But I do think they're going to go offense if they keep this pick, you know, at seven, and I think it's you know, if Love is there, I think there. I think they're definitely gonna grab him. I don't think he's gonna make it there, but hey, we'll see, you never know. It's interesting with this draft, is like it's kind of uncertain who's gonna do what and how the dominoes might fall.
Speaker 4: But then you've also heard you know, Coronel Kate you know as well, in that spot.
Speaker 5: But I think he's going to get a weapon, you know, that's that's going to help him in one.
Speaker 4: Way or the other.
Speaker 5: I think he has with his rushing ability. You saw his first rookie year. That team was an older aging team. They kind of just played a kind of above their heads. If he will, you know, and they kind of like came back to Earth and he was injured, and.
Speaker 4: I just see a rebound.
Speaker 5: I see an opportunity, you know, for him, you know, in all our leagues. I think you know, he's a bye. I mean last year I was making the call and it was the wrong call. In startups, I took him first overall, I took him over Allen Do I regret it? Short, but you know, given his agent, what he did and the mobility, you know, for that amount of time, it's really hard to pass that up. And you know you can pay you know, the other guy, you know, like Lamar Jackson's getting up there.
Speaker 4: He kind of got a little banged up as well.
Speaker 5: There's kind of some talk that maybe he won't run as much all that that would be very impactful that you know.
Speaker 4: To his value.
Speaker 2: So it was last year, yea last year.
Speaker 1: And the other thing to you, you know you mentioned you mentioned Tate, Tom and I you look at mclaurin's age. You want a guy that can grow up with Daniels in this league, and certainly getting Tate or Tyson or somebody like that that could be the heir apparent to McLaurin. Probably something that Washington should be looking long and hard at going forward as well. All right, final question for Tom tonight, Ferrel, you take it.
Speaker 2: I've got a final question, how sweet it is. It's the same question I get every week. And I imagine you can find value in just about any player. But I'm curious to know if there's a player in the Dynasty world that you won't touch based on talent, not age or not situation, but just based on talent, just a guy you don't like, and then somebody that you really got to get without without spoiling the game and playing your hand. I think you've already sold us on the fact that if you have that one one, hang on to it. But just just give us some insight. There of some things that are just you know, sort of the Bible according to Tom one of your Tom commandments.
Speaker 4: Well, some people that I do like.
Speaker 5: This year, I've acquired a lot of you know, Za Flowers. I think his message is extremely high. Now I felt stronger about that when they had the you know, Max Crosby trade and they gave up those first round draft picks. Now that that unfold, that it opens the door where maybe they potentially could have added a wide receiver.
Speaker 4: And I feel a little bit, you know, differently about that.
Speaker 5: Mother type of guys like if you need like a cheaper tight end, I like Brenton Strange, you know, in that offense, another one that I would acquire. If I'm kind of more in a rebuild type of situation, I would just take advantage of the Travis Hunter kind of situation right now and start you know, buying low. I've seen him go for you know, second round picks and even late second round picks, you know, in in some leagues, and I just think if you could just kind of wait out the year because you're kind of rebuilding anyway, he's going to come back into the hold as a wide receiver.
Speaker 4: I do think.
Speaker 5: I think he wants to be a wide receiver, and as he gets closer to his next contract, that's who's making the money. And it's going to come down to I can make a whole lot more money at the wide receiver position versus you know, being you know a solid or very good cornerback.
Speaker 2: So I think he gets almost no snaps at wide receiver this year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And like I said, that's kind of why I mentioned, like rebuild is just because you might not care, it gives you an opportunity to do that. And in other leagues that you're in unless you're a total monster team and you don't need that, you know, bench spot as much you can, you know, get him on the cheap and just kind of like wait it out.
Speaker 4: But you know, I agree with that.
Speaker 1: I'm I will just say this about Hunter, and I feel like I've I've said this before, but I'm gonna say it again, and I'm gonna put it in practical Dynasty sense here. I don't think now is the right time because I like Hunter, and I do I'm a little bit more bullish on his receiving than Farrell is also understanding the reality. But I think the time to trade for him in Dynasty is once we get to training camp and he's working with the ones and he's defense and he's hardly doing anything on offense. Because I think now there's a lot of people who invested the one oh two in their rookie drafts last year at Hunter that aren't willing to give him away because they don't want to believe it that he is just.
Speaker 2: Going to be a defender.
Speaker 1: But if he gets August and he's just he's doing nothing with the offense, that would probably be the time to pounce on a Hunter and keep him on your roster. Yeah, I know he's a bit of a roster clogger, but with a talent as rare as he has, I'm willing to clog my roster with somebody like that, and maybe I'll go down with the ship. But that's part of dynasty too, is having your convictions and standing by them right or wrong.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what our guest tonight, he's been.
Speaker 1: Right more than he's been wrong.
Speaker 2: He is a believer.
Speaker 1: Joining us tonight the Dynasty DJ himself, Tom. This was a pleasure. Farrell and I really enjoyed it. I know our viewers, the listeners will be listening to this tomorrow are going to enjoy this as well. I wish you nothing but the best of luck in all your Dynasty leagues this year. Enjoy the NFL Draft, not only tomorrow, with the rest of this weekend, and enjoy your rookie drafts coming up in early May. Thanks so much for making us a part of your Wednesday evening, my.
Speaker 4: Friend, Thanks for having me. Guys, Absolutely you got it.
Speaker 2: That is Tom Weaver Uh from Michigan by way of New Jersey.
Speaker 1: I hang out with us tonight. Great stuff from him.
Speaker 2: I learned a lot.
Speaker 1: Always good to have these players on Farrell and certainly Tom Weaver. No disappointment tonight.
Speaker 2: I agree, he h. He's very well organized. He he just needs to keep playing. He just needs to come player. He's come in redrafts, expand his draft. He needs to bring that. And you know, great players like him should play all the time. It feels like we're gonna be on the air all the time this week.
Speaker 1: We love so so we're gonna unveil our our first announcement tonight. Basically what we are doing for the first time ever, when the NFL Draft Round one reaches us its close tomorrow, you and I will record an extra reps podcast that we will air Friday night at that same time the draft at ten pm Eastern on Friday night, that same time Round three should.
Speaker 2: Be winding down.
Speaker 1: But you'll get our analysis on all the rookie picks from the skill position picks, excuse me, from NFL Draft one. You'll get that on Friday night. And since we can't do all this heavy lifting ourselves, we're bringing on a guest. Would you like to let us know who that guest is going to be Tomorrow night?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, as he makes a return of the appearance and his first time ever on Extra Reps with mister Jason Camp from Ashland, Kentucky, an FFPC player before he made his bones in the k AFFFC, and as you remember Jason from his previous appearances, he is a very aggressive player, a very knowledgeable player, a great businessman, and we're going to talk a little bit about what fantasy football means to him and some of the decisions that he's made to get further involved with it on our Friday show.
Speaker 1: He's not only a Dynasty champion, he won one of the five thousand dollars Big Payback leagues that we had last year with the FFPC. He won another thousand dollars entry one. So he's playing the high end stuff and beating a lot of really talented players. He is going to join us for that record again. We're recording it tomorrow and then we will air it Friday night at ten pm Eastern, not only on the FFPC Socials, but the HSFF Socials as well.
Speaker 2: Ferrel, I can't wait to talk with you.
Speaker 1: By the time I talk with you again, we'll have landing spots for all these guys. Very excited to do it. Thanks so much for hanging out with me tonight and enjoy the first round tomorrow. I'll talk with you in out about twenty three hours or so, maybe twenty five hours.
Speaker 2: We'll see how fans, but whatever it is, Balk, we'll be ready. Well, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: That is Farrel Elliott, a commissioner of Fantasy Football, and that's going to complete our show tonight. I want to thank Tom Weaver, Farrell Elliott, the FFPC, Rob Brice, and of course each and every one of you this week in case you missed it inside our Access normally airs at seven o'clock Thursday nights. I did it on Monday night this week because I figure a lot of you are probably watching the NFL Draft, so we did a special Monday episode with Matt Price and Dynasty League Football. Alluded to it earlier in the podcast or earlier in the show. You can watch that stream that downloaded anywhere you get your video or audio podcasts, along with the FFPC socials in case you want to watch that back. As I mentioned, Jason Camp joins US ten pm Friday night, the thirteen time FFPC champion. We'll also have a special Kentucky announcement that night, which is going to be very exciting, and he will join us for Round one, Round one recap of the NFL Draft. This show will not air on Wednesday of next week. For next week we are temporary. It's a one week only thing, switching back to Friday night and we will be on at nine pm Eastern, so nine pm Eastern, one hour early. We will have full coverage once again of the FFPC Genesis and Revelations drafts. You can register for those. I think both of them have spots open myffpc dot com under the Satellite Redraft section. You'll be able to sign up for those, and maybe we'll have you on the show and make a couple of picks on air.
Speaker 2: That's always fun as well. So that's next Friday at the nine pm Eastern time.
Speaker 1: FFPC Dynasty and Empire Dynasty orphans available at myffpc dot com. Many are reduced. We're down to about one hundred and twenty one hundred and ten right around there, so check that out. Tom was just talking about one of them that he bought tonight. Really good prices on these, especially from the five hundred to twelve fifty entry. A lot of those are one dollars or lower, so check that out at my ffpc dot com. The FFPC Bestball Tournament has been launched as of I don't know ten hours or so go four hundred thousand dollars grand prize. That's one hundred k more than last year, and it's still only one hundred and twenty five dollars entry the super Flex Bestball Tournament. You can win one hundred k there thirty five dollars to join that same thing as the Baby Gorilla one hundred k grand prize, just one hundred and twenty five dollars to enter there, the exact same format as the Big Gorilla, which once again features a million dollar grand prize, three hund and fifty dollars to enter that Early Rampage and seven bananas promos going on there right now, as well as the twenty five k grand prize up for grabs in the Early Rampage tournament. Want to remind you if you have not signed up for the FFPC Insider List, do so at my ffpc dot com because in your email tomorrow morning will be a special announcement on a new format that we are bringing you and hopefully you're excited about playing in it. In fact, if you peruse the FFPC website, you may or may not see it on there already, but we'll officially announce that tomorrow morning and see that in your emails. Remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comment on the video, share it with your friends, share to your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live, which will be the next time this channel will be active, will be ten pm Eastern Friday night with extra wraps. Myself, Farall Elliott and Jason Camp speaking of Pharaoh Elliott for him, for Tom Weaver, I am Eric Balkman. This has been the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, and as our friend Vince Stahelino reminds us, you are officially over the hump now.
Speaker 3: This has been another episode of the Hot Steaks fatas Ley Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com. It was broadcast live and was watched around the world. Balky and Farrell will be back next week with more analysis, more interviews, add more advice from guests much smarter than they are. Thanks for watching, and we'll talk with you again next week.
Speaker 1: I want to wish everybody have to have a happy NFL draft. We could see what five six receivers go tomorrow night. We could see one or two running backs, one or two quarterbacks, one or two tight ends. It's gonna be a fun first round. And I'm also excited too because I think this year we could see more defensive players and offensive lineman pick. I don't do as much research on that as much as I used to because I'm focused on the skill position. So it'll kind of be like watching the NFL Draft from a non fantasy point again, and you know, just watching to see how these franchises inject some life into them. Some of them more a more morbum than others. But it's gonna be a lot of fun tomorrow night, and we'll talk all about it on Friday with Ferrell, Me and Jason Camp. It's gonna be a lot of fun. Enjoy it. Everybody, have a great draft. We'll talk with you Friday.