Speaker 1: You hear us talk about ways to unlock VIP membership through your Apple account and the Apple Podcast app, and also through Patreon or Spotify. To unlock a full VIP membership with full access to archives and ad free website and customizable podcast feeds that are compatible with the Apple Podcast app and many iOS and Android apps, along with streaming ability right from our ad free mobile site, go to pwtorch dot com slash go VIP. That's pwtorch dot com slash go VIP That'll give you all the details on everything you're missing out on by not being a VIP member, the whole array of VIP exclusive podcasts like The Way Keller news bulletins, our post pay per view roundtables, The Fix that I host with Todd Martin, Everything with Rich and Wade, and an array of other shows with different hosts and different themes, along with unlocking our archives dating back nearly four decades nearly two thousand. Pro Wrestling Torch weekly newsletters over two decades, a podcast on demand dating back to the mid two thousand, starting with pay per view roundtables of fascinating retro radio shows, including many that I hosted in the nineteen nineties and an AD free website. Exclusive content on that website only for VIP members written and audio, and a lightning fast, smooth, AD free VIP mobile site for all of our content. Don't miss out on all the benefits. Treat yourself to a VIP membership. PW torch dot com slash Go VIP go all the way, Go VIP. PW torch dot com slash Go VIP.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: PW Torch brings you the Wade Keller Pro Wrestling post show.
Speaker 3: It's time to talk this week's WWE Monday Night Raw.
Speaker 1: All right, Paul Seth, Rawlins and Roman Raines close out SummerSlam their SummerSlam hype, which got smacked down on Friday with a show closing face to face. I didn't think the crowd was read hot Ford. We got some otc chance.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: Not not too much else. I don't think they had a lot left to say. I think Seth avoided stepping in anything that was sort of triggering for me, that was overly meta. In fact, I think he tried to take some meta material that he got criticized for a couple of weeks back and reframe it in a way that I think fits it. Fits kind of storyline, which is your everything the company wanted you to be, rather than the company gave you everything you got, And he was very he went out of his way to say that you have I want. I don't want to take anything away from you. You've earned everything. But then he says there's one thing I'm better than you had, and it's pro wrestling, which then he follows up at going, but I'm also smarter than you one, but are strategist, So I guess it's two things. So I don't know. I mean, I kind of just came out of as kind of lukewarm. How about you.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a step in the right direction. I mean, as far is the face to heal Dynamic, who he says to root for, it was a total mess. Yet again they both came off looking terrible. Seth declared himself the villain, and he sure acted like it, saying you want to see Roman's kids cry. But Roman was nearly as as as unlikable in his declaration that he is the only true superstar, the only true champion, and the entire industry needs him to beat Seth Rawlins somehow, which I don't think resonated with fans at all, So I did, like, just like you said, Seth avoided the meta. He came up with a story that in canon works right, that you're a big star, you're real chrismatic, but when it's one on one, I got your number, and him saying I'm better at you in the ring, that that resonates. I mean, I think most fans you know, see some truth to that while not step over the line into meta territory. So I think that that in terms of avoiding that, I think Seth was at his best. He finally found a groove the on the eve of Summer Slam, but still a mess with who we're supposed to root for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think there's some damage that's been done, you know. I mean this if this was three weeks ago, when this is our promo, or even if they hadn't done what they did over the last few weeks, and this was kind of the the final face to face, it was fine. Sometimes you stick to basics, you bring someone's family and kids into it and then they snap and then you know, I thought it was kind of clever to have him go and get a chair and think should I use this? Should I use this? He kind of pondered it a little will last ray like, then slides in the ring in perfect position to get stomped on the chair. I mean it was, like I said, it was fine, but we're seeing the price paid for really this segment earlier where you got very popular l A Knight, a guy who should be getting pops but is getting nothing or his keys because he's part of this awful storyline. Solda so CoA sort of playing a babyface opposite of the usas who have a bond with the audience. And then Jacob I two with the fans desperately want to cheer, but they're just sitting on their hands now when he does anything, and you have I mean to me, you couldn't script a more a storyline for a six man take match with six bake stars worse than they did this unless your goal was to show how bankrupt the muddled personality approach to booking ambiguous characters against each other is with if your goal is to have the audience just end up ambivalent about everything, while they succeeded wildly. So the problem is is that USO's are and Jacob are aligned with Roman and they're the heels sort of but not really, but I mean more than not against Solo and Night and Royce, and then we're supposed to cheer Roman because Seth and they don't talk about it, but Seth played a strong heel role as science made event that's not even entered into rock Cannon at this point. M So the whole I know, I mean, I'm gonna go rant like I did last about it. If you want to hear me really go off, just watch the first half our last week's Raw Post show. But I mean, they are paying a price for some really philosophically lost booking.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 1: It's I don't even know that they're flailing. I think they were. The term I used going into Restumania was they were flailing the Pat McAfee nonsense and other things. This isn't flailing. This actually feels like a manifestation of a philosophy that they think is cool, cutting edge and going to connect with the with the social media internet crowd. That is so without any kind of foundational evidence that it works or even any any kind of logic that it's just a it's just blowing up in their face. So and it affected Seth Roman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, if if anyone listening needs that needed any proof of that. The proof of that was in the audience response. Yeah, I mean they just were confused. They were interested, they were on board, but they just didn't know how to respond other than you know, eventually singing says song and chanting otc. Depending on who was who was on top. So yeah, that way, it's been a rough one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And and I hope that, honestly, Paul, I hope that after this they sit down and have an actual honest discussion about this approach that they've been defending internally. And you know, obviously they're doing it because they think it's a good idea. But I think it's time to sit back and go is this really a good idea? Is it? Should we be listening to the people who say it's it's passe to quote tell fans who to cheer for and who to boo, which is not the point. Nobody says you should tell people to cheer. That's that's that is a straw man argument that is framing my case in the case you and many others make when you observe this stuff, it's not tell fans who who to cheer for. It's present wrestlers who fans want to cheer against wrestlers who fans want to boo be, understand your audience enough to know who those wrestlers are, and then do that. It's that simple. This is pro wrestling. That's a formula. Don't complicate it and then continue to complicate it with We'll let the fans choose because we're sophisticated. It's not nineteen seventy eight anymore. It's like it's human nature still, you know. So anyway, Okay, I will check myself there. We do have a lot of check comments, you know, talking about the things that we're talking about. But I before we get to that, I want to examine just Seth Roman just a little bit more and ask you what you thought of the videos. Have The videos recounting their history made this feel because if you told me, you know, two months ago, we're gonna do Roman against Seth at SummerSlam, and we're gonna put two three videos on every show for a few weeks, I'd be like, of course, that's great, there's a history here. You can't do video packages on Lesnar versus Oba that have this kind of history between them. You have it presented so I'm good with it. I think it was a good thing to do. I think they were largely well put together. But in the end, I think it's supporting material, but it's not enough to make up for the other stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, agreed, they really got off on the wrong foot. Had they started with a promo like what we saw tonight, they would be in a much better place, a much stronger place, even with the confusion about, you know again, who we're supposed to admire and who we're supposed to get behind. But yeah, the video packages were good. It was a good reminder of the history, and I liked how it framed it to support Seth's argument, because of course, you know, fans don't really I would imagine most fans don't think Seth has much of a chance to win, right, He just doesn't seem like he's framed that way. So the videos told the story that he's been telling that Ultimately, Seth has Roman's number, and that's the best story I can think of that you can tell. That makes it seem like Seth has a shot, And they kind of reenacted it in the final scene there, when even after Roman laid a beat down, Seth had an ace in his hole with the stomp out of nowhere just when he needed So I think that's there the idea they're selling us on, and I think they were successful in that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you know that you can enjoy commercial free versions of all of your favorite weight color podcasts and p torch daily casts on Spotify. Just go to patreon dot com search pw Torch and subscribe to a VIP membership tier. You get a seven day free trial by the way to kick the tires a bit and see if you like the service, and then sync it with Spotify and you can listen to commercial free versions of our free shows like the Way Keller post shows, the Weightkeller podcast, Flagship, our Flashbacks, and also the pw Torch Daily cast. Lineup again all commercial free and nice streamline listening experience, but with third tier membership you can also unlock all the VIP podcasts, including Everything with Rich and Wade, The Fix with Todd Martin that I host with Todd every week, the Wade Keller News bulletins, post pay per view roundtables, and an array of other VP exclusive podcasts with different hosts and different themes. Check out the lineup. Go to Patreon and search pw Torch and subscribe and sync it up with Spotify or stay within the Patreon ecosystem. Either way works. Go to Patreon and start your seven day free trial. Okay, well, let's pause and introduce ourselves formally quickly, and then we'll get on to some check comments. We also have a Rude Doog and Drell waiting to join us as callers, and you can be a caller too. This is if you're watching us live. If you're not watching us live, you're listening to us on the podcast side of things or on demand, it's too late to be a caller. I mean you can try. You need a time machine. This is the Wade Keller Pro Wrestling Post Show on Monday July twenty seventh, twenty twenty six. I'm Wadkeller, host of the show, editor, publisher and founder of the Pro Wrestling Torch weekly newsletter and the website petewtorch dot com, and also host of various podcasts, including the Weight Keller Processing Podcast, which will feature tomorrow longtime Promissing Torch columnists and podcaster Greg Parks as my co host. So get your questions in Wade Keller podcast at gmail dot com. If you have a question or a topic or a rant about anything going on in wrestling and the lead up to SummerSlam, coming out of aw's Redemption pay per view, or anything else, g one anything, send the questions in and we'll try to get them onto the show. You can be creative and inventive in what you ask of us. And also I host the Way Keller Person Post Show. It's a podcast that's where most of your listening to us. We've been doing it for We've been doing podcasts for decades, but free shows for over fifteen years, starting with blog Talk Radio and now we live stream on YouTube and we invite you to subscribe to the podcast feed if you haven't yet, and we invite you to join us live on YouTube if that works for your schedule. I host the live shows after Rot, Dynamite and SmackDown every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We also have a live NXT post show with Kelly Wells, Nate Lindberg and others, and also Wrestling Night in America following pay per views and pols, including last Night, Greg Parks and Brian Zillham reviewing the AW pay perview after it ended. That is available on a man on YouTube and also on our pw torch daily cast feed. The short answer to how to follow everything we do without a VIP membership, So you're staying on the commercial side of things where we have commercial ad support the ads. What I say the ad support tier is to search weight Keller and PW Torch. You can get all our podcast feeds there and then visit our website pw torch dot com if you'd like to get commercial free versions of all those shows, AD free version of our website and a ton of VIP exclusive content. Oh and almost forty years of archives on Amanda Newsletters podcast one, hundreds director radio shows from the nineties, fascinating stuff. PW Torch, VIP info dot com, pw Torch vipnfo dot com. That the VIP exclusive content includes our written roundtables after major ww ME and a W pay per views and pols, and so Sean Radikin, Greg Parks, Rich Fan and I wrote our reviews and scores for last Night, Sunday's pay per View, Sunday's pay per View Last Night whatever, my syntax is all off copyright l A Night and then and so we posted earlier on the VIP website. That's VIPP exclusive, so long form reviews from each of us in a score looking at the overall show. We've been doing that for decades too. You can go back and read our collective roundtable reviews of major pay per views going back decades in the person Torch news on all so that are available on the band. So yeah, search Powle Torture wait Teller on the free side and go to PW torchvip info dot com PW Torch vi ip info dot com to go VIP and get all the perks and the commercial reversions of what we do. We are here to talk Raw tonight and Paul Weigel is my guest co host. He is a PW Torch contributor. Paul, Welcome back to the co host chair.
Speaker 4: Thanks Wade. So excited to be here and talk Monday Night Raw. I'm a lifelong wrestling fan as well as a longtime fan of the Torch and VIP. I love the pl E roundtables. That's my absolute favorite I look forward to every month. Then I write the WWE Rising and Fading Stars column, so so I weigh in each week on who is outperforming their push and and and who is just flailing. So it's a lot of fun and very excited to be with you tonight.
Speaker 1: I liked your Babyface edition last week, running running through, running through the strengths and weaknesses of the baby face out of things. Although it's a challenge to take on given the the lack of clarity these days with who actually counts as a babyface in WWE's.
Speaker 4: Realm, there's still some good ones.
Speaker 1: Yes, yep, by the way, mister Freshman ninety two, since I read the roundtaper reviews tonight for the w pay per view during the first star of Raw, it was more interesting than anything I've lost tonight. Awesome, appreciate appreciate you saying that, and uh yeah, I'm trying to think of that. Oh So, if you want to be a caller, root dog dropped off so only to rail rude dot call back. If you want to be a caller, you can find a link to be a caller in my TV report at PW Torch. Just go to the website and you can find a link in at the top and bottom of my Raw TV report that I'll that'll just bring you right into the waiting room and we'll bring down the show. If you subscribe to our YouTube channel, you can also get alert to let you know when we're going live, so that it's a reminder that we are going live, and you can follow and you can watch us live and then participate if you want. You can also join us in the chat, which will be throwing some comments up in a moment, and then you can also email the show weight teller post show at gmail dot com the best way to reach us for our post show format. That's especially handy if you watch the show's live but can't watch our posthoal live, but you want to be part of the show with your opinions or ask questions, that's the best route to go. All right, so let's read a few chat comments and don't bring Ruddog onto the show first. And I'm going to stick to chat comments at the moment that are specific to the sess situation. Although people are posting about Brock and Nova and whatever, that's so Ruka raquel match was supposed to be and the Dan Housen concert with Joe Henry Yeah and more so. Uh Celevision three says I thought Roman and Seth was fine today. Yeah, that's my thought too. I think that's kind of weird. Yeah, it was a step in the right direction. This should have been the story the whole time, Bingo Seth's constant rage baiting Roman and being the only rival that's ever been able to be in Roman's head. So that's the story that they're telling, and that's part of what you know. Like it was a problem going into WrestleMania, It's been less a problem with Seth Roman because there is such a personal history here. But Paul I wish this did have more to do, not with Seth trying to avenge some sort of unfairness that he feels he has endured because management favored Roman, and it was more about like Roman, And it goes back to his Roman's initial babyface run where he's not emotionally accessible to the fans. He's just cool, just a good guy in control, kind of has the sub or lemon face if someone says something, he can do the nostril twitch when someone gets personal. But he doesn't ever. I don't know if he thinks it's lowering himself or he just doesn't believe it. It would fit his character. I mean, if that's the best framing of it is he doesn't say seth, I need to beat you because I need to be champion. I need to prove that what you're saying, well, I don't agree with the framing of it, there's enough truth to it, and enough people think there's some truth to what you're saying that I need to beat you, Like there isn't that element of I need to beat you and I need a title. Romans not doing his party, just sort of listening and having his catchphrases and so to me, like WWE, at the core of what they put on the air, especially at the top of the cart obviously, is titles matter. That's why we're all here, and that should if you frame it as important consistently and you have some level of believability to the way you present your product overall. And that's why I'm an advocate for that all the time. And we didn't get that with the police getting beat up at the top of this show. Create a world where the things that happen can exist in that world at the main event level, then people will buy in. They'll buy into the world title matters, and they want to be there for history and congratulations, w They've got over thirty thousand tickets now distributed for both nights. It's gonna look really good. By the way I looked at the seating chart, with the entrance stage, the camera angles, and how everything's set up, they're gonna be They're gonna make it look like a huge show, even if it's the building's half full, and they'll sell some more tickets in these next five days too. But I wish that, Paul. I wish that they were in a position where if they just did the basics, they could just have a turnkey situation where the title being at stake is enough and that everything else is sort of not garnish, but it's enhancing it. And then you don't have to hot shot, you don't need to do the desperate meta stuff, you don't need to do the desperate play to the internet stuff. You don't need to say, oh, manage whatever, all this stuff. We criticize that for a few weeks back, Paul, what do you think about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree. I think that it was odd that the title almost seems extraneous in this story. It seems like it's much more about the personal rivalry, and the fact that it's for the title just seems an add on rather than the other way around that the title is really what it's all about. And especially I think they they they've really shied away from the fact that Seth was the champion who never lost his his title and.
Speaker 1: Throwing in as a comment but without context or underlining.
Speaker 4: Yeah, m and that that should have been a more much more of a talking point for him than it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely more comments here in the chat. Vinnie Guakin says Roman and Seth finally blow off this forever feud. Do you think, Paul, this is a last one on one match we'll see between them?
Speaker 4: No, No, that you know they're they're they're they got a few years left in them. Uh, yeah, I think we'll we'll we'll see them running back at some point.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Mark Bisquetti says that Roman Seth go home angle sucked. That's a great example of how to keep the stadium half full both nights. Triple H and Company are creatively bankrupt, So strong negative opinion there. Then vide also adds, I do like how the main issue Roman has with Seth is under his skin, and for Seth it bothers him. He'll always be number two fiddle to Roman, who is the top guy, and that is the part that they would defend and say that's what we're leaning into and sess like, but to say I'm a better professional wrestler than you, it's a little meta and that if you are, you'll beat him if you and it sort of I mean it works in the sense that every time we've we squared off, I have your number and you always have the bloodline interfere what I feel like is happening. And this is a problem when you have kind of two baby faces going at it. Although Roman's heel and says the heel in certain ways to him, depending on what you watch or what you what counts in your head canon, either or both are also heels. But when they're going at each other like they're top stars, you don't Roman code undercut Seth in certain ways. It would make him seem like he's not a star. He always comes up short of being a top, top guy, and he's bitter about it, but it's just the truth, and Seth is Roman. You have this long title Raine that you bring about and it's legendary, but it's sort of legendary because of the time period it took place in and how enthralled people were in the dynamic of you and your family. But when we look at the inn ring bell to bell, did you ever win without help from your cousins? Without help from your family? Like if this was a real life, I mean, that's what Seth would be saying. He did go there tonight, like, but I think it should have been a more of an emphasis over time. But he said, oh, you're gonna have to resort to the bloodline coming out again. So I like that he went there, but it was sort of like dipping the toe in the water instead of just going right at it. So there was material here to work with, and I think they're sort of looking past this match and going in on to damage each other too much and bring too much stuff up. And that's the problem with a top star face against the top star face. If that's what they're both going to be coming out of this match. However, you look at them now and I think they probably will be, And so you're like, well, we have this match. We can't do it. We can't have either got both guys say everything that they've want to say. But then if they did, I'd be critical because then while they're undercutting each other so much, they're hurting each other's wrong part is a catch twenty two. And that's why against doing this kind of match unless you know it's gonna sell out a stadium overnight, you know, like I mean, like if it's going to really really make a difference to drawing, otherwise, just go with your face matchups. Yeah, Jasey's Scooby says, I wish that they that had money in the bank already, so every win between Seth and Roman they cash in and win the title at SummerSlam. Oh sure, Yeah, Drell says, I've been done with Seth versus Roman. Then he says, Roman and Seth will give us a banger Sunday. They never have bad matches, so that's a plus. I think, you know, that's I think they will good point. Yeah, they'll They'll do whatever they can to have a banger for sure.
Speaker 4: And isn't that Seth's career. I mean, he he frustrates us so much, you know, on the mic and with his presentation, but he gosh, he sure does deliver in the ring, and and it makes it all, you know, it makes it easy to forget his weaknesses.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Mark Bisquetti says they need to get the title away from Roman in this BS diviewed as a new Randy Orton and John Cena. I thought it was actually kind of interesting that Tibody put it on the screen. This is our first singles match since twenty twenty two, and it felt kind of defensive, like, oh, y'all are sick of this match. You say that it's stale, it's the Cino Orton. I'm sure they're hearing that kind of thing. I think they put that graphic up on the screen. They're like, it's not you haven't seen this match in like four years, give or take a few months, and then they actually I think they brought that up afterwards too, So that struck me as defensive. Doesn't matter, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it ignores the triple threat they had at Wrestled Media a year and a half ago, which was pretty similar, treading a lot of the same ground.
Speaker 1: But I think you're right, yep, Drell says, and we'll talk to him in a moment. The Seth promo was a mess, bringing up him being smarter, but that's not true. That's why you keep getting yourself hurt. I mean, Roman could have come back and said that Seth smartest guy in the room. Doesn't do moves that that blow out his knee every other month. Yeah, let's see. Jac Scooby says, want to make Seth Roman match even worse, make egomaniac Scena the referee.
Speaker 4: No thanks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right then. Mark Busquetti says Roman is a heel. I have no ideaf the writers or bookers understand basic human psychology. If he's the good guy, he's the good guy everyone wants to punch in the face, and Seth when he's just grating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they both, I think are less likable coming out of this few no matter what happens. I mean, yep, they can be pretty awful. So yeah, I have a hard time imagining them both going forward as faces or or even either one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the old and it's not a defense, but the sort of consolation will be coming out of SummerSlam if all, if this whole mess is leading somewhere where they had to take this path to get where they're going. Yeah, like, okay, I mean at least we're landing in a good spot, but I don't know what that spot is. I'm just open to the possibility that'll mitigate somewhat the mishmash we're seeing here because they sort of had something they want to do in September and October, but they and they booked backwards from there, and they couldn't book backwards in a way that would make sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, and my hope is knowing nothing, and my hope is that is that that that is the bloodline revealing their true colors and turning heel. That would that would make up for some of this in my mind?
Speaker 3: Ay stuff. Do you ever watch a WWE and think it used to be better?
Speaker 5: I don't know, josh Sometimes I think it used to be a whole lot worse.
Speaker 3: I mean, whether it's WrestleMania main.
Speaker 4: Events, old dudes at the top, too many titles.
Speaker 5: Or women's wrestling.
Speaker 3: We're here to answer the big question, is it worse or better?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Join me Joshua.
Speaker 5: White and me Stephanie Cheese.
Speaker 3: For Worse or Better part of the PW Torch Daily Catline I'm dropping on Monday nights.
Speaker 5: Such PW Torch in your podcast apps such as Apple Podcasts or Spotify. To subscribe for free or get a commercial free version with the PW Torch V membership, check out PW George dot com, slash Go VIP for details and going vip.
Speaker 3: Worse or better. Finally something for wrestling fans to do on Monday nights.
Speaker 1: I hope they learn a lesson from this when it comes to how to book Roman and Oba. I think Romanoba feels like a fresher dream match of two baby faces against each other, two big stars, rising star against the legacy established star, and I think you can sell tickets for that and make it seem special for Usimati. I'm not denying that, but I think a clearcut baby face Oba against Roman leaning into being a heel gives you more to work with and is a break from what w has been presenting over and over on these big shows, which is either two baby faces against each other tearing each other apart, and the fans don't really want to choose, or babyface against who's been damaged by the storyline, who's against the heel, who's actually popular you know, yeah, yeah, and heck. I mean a lot of Cody's opponents were heels, but the fans liked them, and they didn't do an to get fans not to like them, kind of playing into the idea that Cody is fragile. Going back five years to win, fans started booing them against Malachi Black, Alistair Black and a w Vinnie says, they'll tell us it's nuanced storytelling, but we want clear faces and heels. Mark Pisqutti says, Yeah, this isn't flailing. It's a total lack of basic fundamental storyline or storytelling. Excuse me, yep, indeed, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Think if they're not even if they're aside from the face heel thing, like a lot of it's hard to say who stands for what right If you have like someone who really embodies an idea, you can have like you know, two where it's kind of conflicted, but it's easier to choose size. But so many of these wrestlers, it's hard to know what they're even fighting for, you know, what it is they're really standing for. In all this, it just seems like flailing.
Speaker 1: Like you said, Seth, what played a traditional old school heel and center It's main event in their little celebrity fest, which I wasn't against a celebrity fest, but I'm again having Seth act so healish in every way, and then we're just supposed to compartmentalize that as well. That was for the New York audience and it was sort of after the show, and it doesn't really counts. We're not going to talk about what he did and how we acted as a way that defines him in row Cannon or SummerSlam Cannon. And I don't like the selective stuff where you know, we're just gonna ignore it because that was just what we had to do to get a pop at MSG. And to me, like, you know, is Seth. I think he wanted to go there, and maybe he's not capable of going there, or maybe he made a strategic's decision not to go there. But I'd like Seth to be vulnerable and say, you know, I have your number, you know, and and this happened, and that happened, and people look in the history books. But the fact is is you've had longer title reigns. My title rains have been cut short when I've over extented myself, when I've gotten hurt. And there's no question you have been given and people can read it as what they want, but you've been The timing of your title matches when you main event shows me that management thinks you're a bigger draw on a poster an ontographic online than I am, and so when they work out who gets what matches when That's why I got to run in with money at the bank cash is because you're always the chosen one and I need to prove one on one. And what I want, what I like that to say is Roman, I don't think you're gonna have your bloodline interfere. I think I think you would rather lose to me clean than win with cheating, win with your family, because that is a dark cloud. You won't admit it, and you're great, but you won't admit that's a dark cloud over everything you've accomplished, is that you won with your family helping you. And I don't think you'll do that at Summer Slams. So we get to finally find out who the best is. Well, we're still in our crimes and we're still both great, Like there's a way to build them up, but also draw attention to a fact that fans know, but that would be kind of kind of talks on the perimeter. You know a little bit about it, go all in with it, but turn it into a positive, which is Roman, you didn't have to cheat to win all those times. I don't think you did, but we don't know. We're gonna find out Sunday. We're gonna find out this Sunday. Who's better? Were you always better than me? Or it was always better than you? We're going to clear away everything. We're both in different places in our career. And I don't have and you can listen to the people he's had hanging out with him over the years. You don't have your family. It's just two top stars of our era.
Speaker 4: When people look back.
Speaker 1: Fifteen years from now, they're going to say it was a Seth Roman era and this match will define who the better wrestler was. I mean, I just it rights itself. But I don't think they want to go. They don't want to lean in on diminishing Roman's long title reign, and Seth is so hung up on, you know whatever the micro audience of social media, people who speak out are going to say about what he says instead of just going what would I say if it was nineteen seventy eight, I'm trying to sell ten thousand tickets at the Philadelphia Spectrum, you know, like go back to what wrestlers did to actually sell tickets When that promo led to people buying tickets the next night to go to the arena, get back to those fundamentals, agreed.
Speaker 4: I think if they had incorporated a lot of what you said, would be in a much better place now I.
Speaker 1: Have the material to work with. Derek Hoverard, co host on the show. PW Torch contributor says, I like the final angle tonight. Both guys presented their perspective and made the importance of winning front and center. Also, the physical angle with the shield callback was on point, and those are the strengths of the promo. They did present their perspective and made the importance of winning front and center. I think they got thirty seven percent of the way, you know, like you know, thirty seven or forty two percent to where they could have gone, Derek, And that's where my critique. I'm not trashing tonight's promo. I'm saying it's a shame that they left so much on the table that I think would have people looking at this not resenting it or ambivalent about it, or kind of plugging their nose going all the match would be good, but I don't really care who wins or I don't care about the I think there was material here to work with that they for whatever reason, did not do.
Speaker 4: And I just want to add that again, you know the lag that I think they were both you know, as far as like the the face, heels and am they were both pretty. They've both been pretty ugly, and so I think even more so than the WrestleMania build with with Punk and Rome and I so so I think that hurts it as well. I mean, I much prefer you know, Hunk versus Cody, where they both for the most part, are seemed like they're conducting themselves admirably. So I kind of part of me would be happy to either see either one win. I'm not sure I want to see either Seth or Yeah.
Speaker 1: And if sasy asshole, I mean, Roman's the prick. I mean he's the guy just kind of a loof dick to people. He's gotten since I harped on it, by the way, he's spent nicer to the guy who adds them the belt right at the building.
Speaker 4: Have you noticed that tonight he actually acknowledged him. He nodded as yes, and.
Speaker 1: He did that like I'd say three out of the last four times, and since like six weeks ago. I said, like if a waiter comes to your table and you have an intense conversation to restaurant and they top your water off. All you gotta do is just go thanks, you know, just a little no, you don't. You have to skip a beat in your conversation. And Roman's doing that now and it makes them like less of a dick than any event. So I'm happy to see that. Vinnie says W went out of their way to make sure Roman versus Seth was the night two main event with their video packages, and he adds, the petty side of me thinks there's no way Triple H would ever put two former aw guys in Punkin Cody over WW lifers in Roman and Seth. You know what, I get why Vinnie says it. But Paul, I think you do anything to make himself look good by selling more tickets. Agreed, Although I don't know what I don't know that the night the headline matters for ticket sales right now that I mean, it's crazy how similar the ticket sales are for both nights.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Raw is the bigger show. I mean, more people watch Raw and so it just it is the number one championship.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, Adam Kids says I've said it before, is creatively bankrupt at the moment, or like a slugger that's in a slump. I mean that's a broad comment, not just on seth Roman. I don't disagree. I think I think this is they rode a wave. You know, they got high in their own supply a little bit. They're running the same stars back, They're running a formula that they don't that sort of worked in ways in the past where I don't think they extracted the reasons it worked and are able to reproduce them. And so we're seeing a sloppy re execution that is evidence that they didn't understand why what worked before worked and so yeah, but at least the undercard's pretty good. Yeah, yep. Another comment from standardiation here on a seth Roman doesn't need to emphasize the title in my opinion, interesting as Cody Punk already has their title front center, you can't emphasize both titles at once. He adds one a grudge match with a title downplayed. The other is a title match with a personal issues downplayed. You know, I will say, I mean I don't, First of I don't prescribe to that. I think you have two world titles. You have two nights, two different nights, in a stadium in front of thirty plus thousand people. I think you can push both titles. If you're gonna have two titles, you gotta push both of them. Is a big deal on one of your biggest shows of the year. That said, my suggestion for how Seth Roman could have met more Paul has been everything I said could have been done if it was a non title match.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I need to prove on better than you. We've gotten rid of all the riff raff. I don't have riff raff in my corner anymore. You don't have the riff raff in your corner. I think you're gonna be I think you're gonna again at that line. I think you'd rather lose to me clean than because of interference. And let people kind of know, Okay, one of two things are gonna happen. Somebody's gonna win clean and it's gonna be historically significant for this rivalry, or somebody's gonna interfere and it's gonna be a heel turn in essence, because Seth would basically dare Roman not do it. So if Seth did it, he'll turn yeah, total hypocrite if Roman does it. Seth already called Hm out ahead of time. So I agree.
Speaker 4: The last thing we want to see is just another distraction finish and the way that you frame it. And they kind of hinted at that with you know, Roman saying I need to beat you and so uh a sort of in response to Seth saying, how oh you you you got yourself disqualified before, So they kind of you know, implied that they were going to wrestle a clean match, and like you said, if someone goes back on that, well there we have some you know, finally we have a big story beat. So I like that because it promises something exciting. However it turns out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mister freshman, big picture just goes. I'm not satisfied with either world title matches. I'm sick of Punk and Cody and Seth and Roman being in main events. It's time to move on. And that might be, you know, I mean, this might kind of be the end of an era of that generation of guys now you know, basically on their forties. Let me think Cody, Punk Roman said, yeah, there it's Seth for Yeah, SES's forty so but that generation of of of that that that kind of class. I think this is the end of them against each other. Mm hm, you know, and now it is the next it they might be facing and helping put over and give a rub to the next generation, like Roman versus Oba. But and and you know, bron Breaker, you know whoever. I mean, there's gonna be people on the undercard who are going to get a boost. And you know, this might be kind of the end of an era in that in that sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or when they face each other in the future, it'll be a total it won't be they won't be on top. You know, they'll be rehashing an old rivalry kind of like a yeah, Undertaker versus Triple Age.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Crofton Steers says, Roman and Seth always say they have to beat each other to quote save the industry. Seth and Building are so many of forty Roman set It tonight. I think they drastically overstate their importance.
Speaker 4: Paul, Oh my gosh, Yeah, a Roman saying the industry needs me to beat you, Like, what is he thinking? Like, I don't. I think that just just shows how self important he is. And again, you know that that's his that's what makes him unlikable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep. Derek Cover says, to summarize the Seth roman angle. Week one, Seth cut a killer promo. Week two, Seth killed a momentum. Week three, they course corrected somewhat. Week four, total confusion, five strong, go home. I think that's I think that's a fair settlement, Well said, Yeah, yep, He adds Derek had erase weeks two and four, this would have been a strong build, would have been strong. But I still think if if you don't add anything and you just do that, I still think, Hmmm, they're you know, they're thirty seven or forty two percent of the way where they could have gone with some of some of the stuff. Yeah, I can you know some weigle rooumin. My percentage is there first.
Speaker 4: Although I think it was the bad stuff that hurt this build more than the lack of good stuff, But more good stuff would have helped.
Speaker 1: Yep. Absolutely, All right, let's shift topics, or at least shift our conversation to Rude Dog, who is going to be our first caller of the show. Rude Dog, Welcome, Hello, Hello, what it's on your mind about Rot tonight?
Speaker 6: Well, good talk to eight and Paul.
Speaker 7: So I'm going to be shorter than usual because I decided to play basketball instead of watching most of Ross, So I kind of only saw the last segment. It was a really nice day. I have a beautiful park next to me, so true.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Yep, it's on demand on Netflix. That's the good part. You don't have to watch the line rules away. Yeah, but so the.
Speaker 7: Last segment is the main thing to talk about that I actually saw. I mean, I was at WrestleMania thirty one in uh where was wherever the forty nine ers play San Santa Clara, I believe it, and and I saw you know, Sep cash in and it was it was awesome, like it was I was jumping for joy literally, But we're still doing this right now, Like what the hell is.
Speaker 1: They haven't they haven't wrestled since twenty twenty two? One on one? Do you allow us know that? It's just like I know, in a way, I feel like Seth's been talking about this for so long, like even when it was not in the plants and find a way to slip it into a promo that it's sort of like, Okay, let's just get it done, and I know they they might have thought Minneapolis is going to be so like grateful that Debitie brought a big show to the to the city. Finally, you know, it's been a resuming or summerslime here since Jesse Ventura was governor and they the referee bit. So there's been off brand pay per views here, but it's a major market, state of the art facilities. But you know, it's been ron SmackDown and be pay per views. So and then the fans looked at the lineup and obviously they're you know, they got they got a bit of a surge in the last couple of weeks of ticket sales. They moved about you know, seven thousand tickets. I don't know when tickets distributed is on a map. That can also mean they gave three thousand tickets away to local charities and and and scouts like you know that I don't It doesn't mean they sold them. It just means they're off the map. That's all wrestle ticks, tallies's and then they're doing twenty five dollars tickets. So even if it is by tickets, a lot of them are you know, likely low priced. So but there was going to be a surch in the last couple of weeks, especially as people go, okay, I want to have a good seat, and the prices are lower because there's so many available, so they're kind of waiting till the last second to buy seats. The question is what kind of surge now do they have in the last five days, what kind of walk up do they have? But I think putting Seth and Roman on the card, they felt like, not let's get Seth off our back, but like, we kind of should do another match and we don't really want to do it in twenty twenty seven or twenty twenty eight. Let's just let's get this shield. Let's catch in the shielding. Because they didn't have a better option, it gave them something to do instead of rushing what they felt would be rushing Oba Roman. I still think what would have sold more tickets as a baby face Jacoba two against the heal Roman reigns. But it's easy to fantasy book without regards to what their plans are for Roman going forward in the story arc that they want to tell going into war games. But in Isolation, I thought Jacob I two had momentum. I think you could have soft turned Roman where he was kind of a dick, kind of a heel, but they could have come together afterwards or not. You know, but I think Jake a freight train going after Roman would have you know where it was, you know, when Rick Steinder got hot in WW circa eighty nine, ninety ninety one, whatever that year was, and they could have gone with them, you know, but they also there was a belief well it's just sort of a fleeting thing and we don't really want to invest in them. So anyway. iPhone users, if you're listening to us on the Native podcast app on your iPhone, you can unlock our commercial free versions of our free shows. By searching PW Torch in Apple Podcasts. You'll see a charcoal grade logo that says PW Torch VIP on it. Click on that there's some free samples of VIP shows and you can unlock the entire VIP lineup, which includes VIP exclusives plus commercial free versions of the free shows by searching PW Torch in Apple Podcasts and clicking on the PW Torch VIP logo and then activate your three day free trial, and after that you can become a VIP member using your Apple account. It's that easy. Enjoy a streamline listening experience to our free shows and unlock all the VIP exclusive including our post paper view roundtables, the wad Keller news bulletins, Everything with Rich and Wade, The Fix that I host with Todd Martin, and a variety of other VIP exclusives. Just search PW Torch in your Apple podcast app reductively.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel like they they just tiptoed.
Speaker 7: They're like, we know no one cares about this match, and we're gonna try to make it seem a little like interesting. But yeah, I kind of felt like the defeat.
Speaker 6: During this segment. I don't know if you did or not.
Speaker 1: What do you mean by that?
Speaker 7: Like I felt like they knew no one cared about this match and they were defeated, and they were they were just kind of going through the motions and let's not make it too long and kind of make it seem like we care, but whatever, let's get out of here.
Speaker 1: I did sense, and I mean body language is subjective reading into it for the most part. But when Roman came out, there's some more TC chance. But when the music stopped. It wasn't like oh DZ like it was, oh TC, there's some people doing it, and then it kind of just petered out. Seth came out. You know, you get the fools gold chance, you know, to see Roman Roman reigns. It's just communal chance fans like to do. Doesn't mean the wrestler's over. They're into them. That's why I call it, you know, fools gold. It looks like a wrestler's over. It doesn't mean they're not over, but it doesn't mean they're as over as the chant is. It just means this is a chance that's over. He's a big star, he's been a main events. We paid see him. Now we're going to do the communal thing because it makes us feel good and it's fun. To me, a sign of being invested in a storyline is reacting to things that are being said, as long as those things that are being said help you sell tickets and aren't just oh my god, I can't believe you said it, even though it's destroyed one or both of the wrestlers in the process. So I was watching this body language wise, Rudog apparently like you did, and Roman just kind of like Roman's kind of looking around, and it crossed my mind watching it is Roman thinking hmm, I don't know, seems like my hot runs over. I got I got forty to fifty million in the bank, whatever it is. I could be off by a lot, but I have forty five million in the bank. I got my health, I've had a super part time schedule. I'm a legend. I'm going to be a Hall of Famer. I got more big paydays ahead of me. But this isn't working. Oh well, I'll just go home to my kids and you know, live my life in sas out there. And I think he's looking at the reaction, going yeah, I kind of took a beating two weeks ago on the internet, after in social media and all that, after my promo, and this isn't really working and it's not what I hoped it would be. So yeah, Rube, dog, what you said. We're just going to kind of push through this, try to pretend we care, but we kind of know it's not red Hot. We're kind of humiliated by ticket sales, especially if Seth thought this would be a bigger deal then it's turned out to be. With the fan base, and there was there was a body language wise, Paul I thought, there's a little sense of resignation, acknowledgment, acceptance that we kind of are where we are and it's not great, it's not awful. Just let's just check some boxes and go have a match.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that the the comparison to Randy Orton and John Cena is apt. We've just seen this so many times before. They really had an uphill battle, and they made some big mistakes in the build, so they weren't weren't in a great spot. I hope they weren't both having a midlife crisis there in the ring tonight, but but they certainly couldn't have been pleased with the response they got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rud Doug, is my assessment of what you said kind of in line with what you meant, what you're getting at.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, pretty much like I mean, and they're in Los Angeles. They weren't in the middle of nowhere like I mean. LA is usually a pretty hot crowd, and for how dead that crowd was for that segment, I was like, oh man, this is this is rough.
Speaker 1: It wasn't an overly long show, you know, I mean, it wasn't like they you know, killed the crowd with I don't know. I mean, I don't there are a lot of video packages. Maybe they did kill the crowd because the crowds sitting there watching the video screen most of the night too. Yeah. By the way, mister Freshman says, I thought Punk and Cody displayed the same type of body language on Friday. I think I think there might be something to do. I think I've sensed it more here, but I don't know. I just it kind of feels like, I don't know, just like the Golden State Warriors, you know, just kind of playing out, playing out their their legendary status last couple of years, hoping maybe we kind of win a series or two and get lucky. And then you know, Jimmy Butler gets hurt, you know whatever, Steph's out or not one hundred percent, and that's kind of it feels like, Okay, we're legends, but we're not at our peak and whatever. And then you just want to switch teams and so it's like give us new opponents, you know, and I but you had to do you you didn't have to, but you kind of had to do Cody Punk one on one. You kind of had to do Seth Roman one on one one more time. I get it. I just don't think the build for especially Roman Seth has been consistently good enough, and even what was good, it wasn't good enough. Were doun So.
Speaker 7: I just randomly saw today like Seth Rollens is a really charismatic guy. You wouldn't be able to tell on TV. But like like he was on the Rich Eisen Show like cot like he was a replacement host and he this was on last Friday, and he interviewed interviewed Becky Lynch and it was it was great, Like it was just fun and it like nothing was awkward. It was just like this guy has it in him and I just don't know why it doesn't translate like on the big stage in the room.
Speaker 1: Well, he's talking to the love of his life and the mother of his children. You know, I mean there's you would hope there's chemistry there. There's that It's not guaranteed, but you'd hope. Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I had a question, is so obviously, uh, SummerSlam is in Minneapolis, are you or any people of the The Torch going to be like covering it.
Speaker 1: Live if that is top secret.
Speaker 4: At this point, m stay tuned.
Speaker 1: Yea, there there's some there's some there's some logistics on both sides of things that could affecting, some of which I don't want to get into. We'll see. Yeah, it could be some other fun stuff, though.
Speaker 4: I would brook no delays in my roundtable discussion afterwards. Way, so that's right to get that into account.
Speaker 1: I will say this nothing. What's not me from going f FLT. This was a historically significant Night one or Night two, but you know, we'll see. I mean, I'm not yeah, determined, cool, we're talking anything else?
Speaker 7: Right, Well, I told you I was gonna be quick because I didn't watch much.
Speaker 6: So that's about it. One last thing.
Speaker 7: I'm wearing my Necro Butcher T shirt and you guys like, uh, totally justifiably destroyed. How terrible Dark Side of the Rings t a like three program Jeff Garrett thing was.
Speaker 6: It was absolutely.
Speaker 7: Horrible, but they they kicked back, they kicked out, and their next episode, simojo Versus Necro Butcher is awesome. So you know, everyone has some bad times, but don't don't count out death Side of the Ring.
Speaker 1: I will say this, there ought to be a Dark Side of the Ring next season. Covering their own documentary on TNA. That's how scheduled they should do. They should do a they should do a dark side of the Ring on the dark side of a documentary team that's done a good job with a good series, and they got bamboozled and conned into missing the actual story of TNA history in a three parter by listening to the wrong people work them and then snicker behind their back about how they worked them.
Speaker 6: M I agree. But oh, one last thing.
Speaker 7: I will be going to Dynamite on Wednesday at the Masonic Temple Theater, which is one hundred year old theater in Detroit downtown, and I think a bunch of people that work for the Torch or friends of the Torch are going to be there. But I'm excited, so I will put in some two cents somewhere.
Speaker 1: We're gonna call so we can. We'll hear from you in two days probably, yes, okay, okay, good? I like that. I thank for duc, appreciate it all right, Darrell, are you ready for us? Should we get your calling down or do you want I don't see his camera come on, and he doesn't way about us? You ready for us? Sums up? Yep, he's getting set. So let's uh, we still got more to talk about. I want to talk about Opra Brock. I want to talk about Zimruka and whatever that was, and some thoughts on her. We got the Dan Housen Joe Henry concert, but maybe the world's going to cover some of that with us. So let's bring our regular color Dwell into the conversation. Drell, welcome, good to see you. Go to hear from you. What's on your mind about rot tonight? We can't hear you, Darrell, but we see you very up close.
Speaker 3: Oh, I had a mute on.
Speaker 2: I had mute on.
Speaker 1: Can you ad just the camera a little bit so we're not looking at the but we're seeing her. Yere perfect sweet?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So yeah, I talked to us.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, yes, sir, y'all already started with the main event. I ain't gonna go too much now, so I would like to start with the wrestling main event, which was Soul Ruker.
Speaker 1: You call it a wrestling match, I don't know if it qualifies.
Speaker 2: It's a I don't know.
Speaker 8: You know, when Saul Ruker first came on, I kind of said like she was more of a she got over on a big move which was so snatching than her character, and tonight even more was just the definition of showing like, don't be trying to be a person who wanted to do all the hot spots and moves. Put some type of thout in process in it. If you got over on the character, you can make it fit your character, those hot spots and stuff like that. And I think since she been on the main roster, she really been in her head. And I was watching Unreal and you heard somebody on there say, man, we got to start bringing these people on here, and we know they're not gonna be ready and just let them swim. And she was a person who probably wasn't ready, probably because in NXT they never let her decide on what she was. She was the definition of what they do in these bookings. She was just in between. Sometimes they'll have an act like a heel, or sometime they have an act like a face. So she never settled and she just got off on hitting the soul snatcher, where she hit pretty regularly down there, because I guess they practiced.
Speaker 2: Their moves all the time.
Speaker 8: Man, Man, I don't know if they can just get tied on first, so she can get out of her head. But tonight was the definition of that. Now I can't even say if it was ra Quell it had. It looked like it was all her. What do you guys think?
Speaker 1: That was a terrible match, One of the worst TV matches I've seen in a long time. Soul doesn't belong on national TV right now wrestling if whatever the reason is, if she's in her head or not, she is the kind of the equivalent of a basketball player who's just slamm dunk, played dunks, but can't play defense, can't dribble, can't shoot mid range, can't shoot three point, doesn't run back on defense hard Like I'm not I don't mean to say it's like an everorthing, but like her style is just looking to slam dunk and everything in between is bad, and then sadly she's bought. Sometimes she's hitting the rim and the ball's bouncing into the crowd on her slam dunk attempts, and it's just she's been hot, she's been taught wrong, or she's not unnatural at anything other than athletic spots. But she is a kind of farcical video game wrestler right now. With fancy spots that she doesn't even do all that well despite being a great athlete, and she just I mean, she needs three more years of reps in front of crowds off camera to be suitable to be on TV. I mean, is that overstating it? I don't know, it might not be. I mean, historically that's that's what would be happening. It's unfair to put her on live TV without a net right now. I mean, it's it's again, it's not her. It's it's it's I'm not saying it's her fault. I'm not. I'm not exonerating her either. Maybe it is maybe she has a bad attitude or or doesn't practice, or doesn't listen or whatever, but maybe not. Maybe it's just unfair to take somebody as green as she is and put her on TV because she's flashy with some of her offense. Paul, what what stood out to you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I agree with you both. I mean, she certainly did not look good her. She slipped off the d she keeps botching, but she was not like this in NXT. So I think Durell is right. Something is just not clicking on the main roster. I mean, she looked so much better in NXT. But yeah, it's a it's a shame, but but it's it's not working. I'm really glad that they made the change and moved the title to Raquel, who is no longer the Ultimate Bridesmaids In terms of singles titles. Yeah, so ninth time is a charm I think for for singles titles challenges.
Speaker 1: Admit it, you love Nick bar Batty when he co hosts with me on the Wade Keller Post shows. Well, now you can listen to him every week on The Nickis Club, a v IP exclusive podcast. Here's Nick to tell you more.
Speaker 9: Hey, wrestling fans, It's Nick Barbatty and I'm back with the Nickys Club, the place where the family of Nickys comes together for big laughs and Shark takes on WWE for WrestleMania rumors to surprise returns. I got you covered, the Nickys Club, where the wrestling feels like the coolest club in town.
Speaker 1: Nick Barbatty wants to be part of your program life every week, So why not let him go vip pw Torch dot com slash go vip for full details on signing up. We're compatible with patreons Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and just about any other iOS or Android app out there. You can also stream directly from our ad free VIP website, The Nikki's Club Waiting for you every week at PW Torch VIP. A few comments in the chat, Meka Curren says, how about that Soul Ruka match? Huh Yeah, how about it? Jac Scooby says, Soil Rookie needs to wrestle instead of just doing spots and doing a spot fest. Yeah. Yes. Someone named Durell says I figured they would take the title off Soul so because she's in her head too much. Sadler Version three says, yeah, Soul has too much Sammy Varner style right now. She needs to clean up the offense. Yeah, I mean she is getting worse. So it could be she's in her head. It could be I mean really, I mean, it would just be wild speculation. Could be a lot of different things going on. There could be stuff going on in personal life. She could be having an injury, there could be who knows you. I would just be you know, silly to just speculate too specifically. Vinnie says she's leader without the execution. Vinnie says she should go back to n X t uh and a good thing. They took the title off her face says about time or Kel one singles goal that I really hope she can start winning clean, and some of them says, yeah, they snatched that title off her pretty quick there. Mister freshman says, so it's been rough lately. So I was on board with the losing to the title, But did Raquel need all that help? What do you think about that? Let's set aside poor soul in all the botch. I'm sure she feels terrible about it, and you know, but you know you're a national TV or in money, we're gonna point it out. You know, you're there to serve the fans and we're not here to protect your You know your feelings. If you're on national TV, you're getting paid at your profession should be good and people are gonna call you out if it's botched. But it's not personal. I mean, we hope the best for her and let her. Let her what if if something's in her head, go get some practice, clear her head, give her opponents that maybe style wise or better for her, have the match producers book like, give her the time to tell the story. In the ring without having to just squeeze in five spots that they say is the only way she's going to get over whatever. There could be a lot of things going on with her, But setting that aside, what about Raquel shouldn't she like? I mean, I don't know. It's the way they book. I mean, it's just someone's grabbing the book, the move, the move of the year, the interference technique of the years, grabbing someone's bot while they're runing the ropes. That's the overdone thing now, distracting the referee in one side when someone does that on the other, I mean, that's what w does. I think they do it sort of thoughtlessly, reflexively, without any introspection of whether it's tropy and losing its effectiveness and farcical.
Speaker 4: Paul, Yeah, I agree. They teach us that the moves and what happens in the ring doesn't matter because until there's an interference or or something like that, you know, we don't expect that we're going to see an and uh. And it really would have. It would have helped Recall a lot to get a clean win. I think they wanted to, you know, they wanted to advance the EO Sky angle as well, so they wanted to kill two birds with one stone. And of course, you know she she is a heel, and this is what the judgment day does. But a clean wind would have really been a statement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh drow what else first?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: And plus they gave so so much when she first came on the roster, so that's another reason as well.
Speaker 2: Why they did that. And it seemed like they don't with heels. They don't know.
Speaker 8: They only think heels can only be shown as a heel by somebody coming out they're helping him, like when he said grabbing an ankle or pulling you down or something like that. I guess they haven't seen years of heel work and how to get heels over and find ways for them to win. But hopefully they can rebound and do something with that.
Speaker 1: And so, by the way, just have so worked dark matches before everyone on SmackDown for the next three months, just have worked in front of crowds, give her a variety of opponents or a few veterans who can help her along and just take the pressure off of being on live TV and kind of you know what I mean. I would challenge her to not use any of the moves she used in this match. Just go everything you did. Thought that you're not on TV. It's not you know, someone's going to put the case. It's Al's going to put the match on social media. Who cares? You'll overcome that. Go out there and just have a match, Like do a vertical suplex, run the ropes, do a sunset flip, you know whatever. Just just it's about getting a rhythm. It's about gaining your confidence, about getting her footing, and do some more basic things that aren't needlessly overly complex that she is uniquely capable of doing when she's got when she's got a rhythm. But instead have her do you know, thirty matches in front of big arena crowds and dark matches for the next fifteen weeks, along with some house shows where it's just the fundamentals, and take a way that the oh my god, am I gonna screw this up. I'm I gonna hurt someone, I'm gonna hurt myself. Just give give her the whatever. I mean. I'm sure there's betteran wrestlers and producers who have better ideas than I have. But that's that's my my suggestion from afar watching this industry for a long time that you speak at Dark Matches were four in part was give some reps to somebody who needs them, but in front of a natural crowd, not a not a studio audience. At NXT. You know, anyway, go ahead, Drug.
Speaker 2: You can send her to these places you got partnership with.
Speaker 8: She would have been a perfect example like t and A Center, the Triple A sent over the So.
Speaker 1: The thing with yes some of those are. The thing with TNA is they just tape you know, three TV shows rapid fire on one night and it's all for TV, and so you're kind of putting her in a similar spot, which is pressures on cameras rolling, and we're trying to fit a bunch of TV show tapings into one night. It's not like a casual house show. I've been to casual NXT house shows and that's where you know, when the gamuses last. Wity Matches. I saw when he was surprise guests at an NXT show and that was fun.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: And so if they did more small shows, yeah, do that, like you said, NWA or some indie shows. But find whether it's natty or you know whatever, find a woman wrestler who's like up for it and just pay indie shows to put them on in front of audiences, like, well, you can use them for free. We just wanted to get reps in front of an audience with it with a veteran. If you believe in her, you know, And I mean you can apply this to a lot of wrestlers, but she's the one who had up botch Fest tonight's we're talking about her.
Speaker 6: What else?
Speaker 8: And another box fans to me was the Dan House and Joe Henry. I don't know why they had them have a concert and all that. See, when you have somebody who like Dan House and who you gonna struct go with, you're making gookoos and money with him, and you just come up and have him do something all the time. And now you're changing the match to uh, money's on the pole match.
Speaker 2: That's almost human money, Yeah, human moneys on the pole match.
Speaker 8: That's both bad, well mom on the pole on the pole type of stuff. And what makes me don't like it is because you're putting dumb in that match, and domb still to this day he can get heat even with how poorly they don't book him. And you putting him in a match like that where it looks like he probably gonna lose some some I know, and some people love to say when you're a good here, you.
Speaker 2: Can come back from anything.
Speaker 8: But it's certain stuff that you you probably come back with, but it's gonna take a little bit longer. And I don't want to see that.
Speaker 2: And I like Dan Housen.
Speaker 8: Don't give me too much of him, give me some a little bit a shot here and there. That's all just a shot here and there, and that's it. Don't give me a probe a full glass alcohol.
Speaker 1: And it's so side show like it's it he's not. It's like this weird kind of it's a side show, but it's too much of a side show. So like he'd be the guy that in like like they he'd be like the odd couple partner with Braun Stroman or something where they go after tag titles. But it'd be like the big guy and the little guy, and people would look forward to Dan Housing taking in once Braun beat up the opponents. You could do it fun tank few domin j D against Braun and Dan Housen, but it's all side show, like it's just like Joe Henry's a side show in kind of stale and doesn't you know, he's got over in other environments, but he hasn't really organically introduced himself to the ww audience in a way that doesn't feel kind of like the way TNA treats some people from the outside, where it's like, well, you know, who is It's like do we you know, do they do the fans? And so they you know, they took a guy who's good in small doses and witty and then just threw him into I don't know, situations where he is feeling over and some of the materialis feel like they're desperate to wedge it into the show, and I either make him a wrestler who's doing something that doesn't feel entirely sideshow or smaller doses not taking up a whole segment in the ring. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, his his his comedy and he is he is genuinely funny.
Speaker 1: But I'm a fan of yeah, yeah, but it's.
Speaker 4: Just under it's so you know, cartoony that it just undermines the whole show. And I think anyone who's touched by it, you know, suffers. And and this was this might have been the night that that that Dan Housen jumped the shark, because this was the he and Joe Henry brought out the worst in each other. I think they had nothing that their song. There was no real funny lines. They just repeated the same thing. I mean, thank goodness for Ryan Garcia putting the segment out of its misery by by introducing some element and ending that that song that was a mess.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: Speaking of jumping the shark, Maface says the Fonds would be proud of that Dan Housen Henry jumping the shark moment. Then Goodfellow points out dom As one and six this yere On Raw seven eleven says, I'd be fine at dan Housen never has matches for some reason, seeing him Wressel takes away from his character. In my opinion, Nicky let's say yeah. Nikki be says dan Housen should be just a backstage interviewer and sadly goes, I agree, this is dan Hausen's worst night other than his debut. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. It's just I think that you know, they got something that they think is kind of hot like that. You know, people are into it. It's selling merchandise. And I I mean, I'm not saying they're only doing this because of merchanise, because I think they do think they have something with Dan Housen and they're trying to figure out how to keep it going and and and you know, incorporate comedy into the show and whatever. But it does feel like it plays to my philosoph be on merchandise, which is merchandise should never you don't want the tailwig in the dog like. Merchandise should be the result of just fundamentally casting your characters, telling good stories, casting the characters in the right role. If fans like someone, push them as a face, fans don't like someone, push them as a heel, amplify what they like or don't like. Everything should be about a TV show creating a sports like presentation doesn't take itself too seriously, but also doesn't just insult the audience by going, hey, here's a segment that is so nonsense. We just want to you to compartmentalize it. So everything should be about how do we sell tickets and get people to buy into what we're doing, and then merchandise will sell itself. That's just be a side effect. But I feel like sometimes WW goes, well, we're making so much money on merch. Easy for me to say, sitting here, you know, with no affiliation to that would be and they're not depositing merch money into my bank accounts, so it's easy for me to say. But philosophically, I think when you start booking someone because you're making money off their merch, you're losing. You're losing. You're straying away from the most important thing, which is selling matches and getting people invested in an outcomeing and way more often than not, rooting for someone to win and someone to lose. And then merch will sell people go to they've got their they got their money, they got their they have their budget. They're gonna spy merch of whoever's over in main eventing, you know, just make it cool. So don't push someone because of merch. Uh Sadler goes, this was Dan Hauson's worst night other than his debut. Oh I already said that, what's the was I gonna throw up? Oh h Jac'scooby said, Joe Henry and Danjulsen wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I do want to say, and I wrote this in my report at PW Torch. While everyone's checking that out during raw or afterwards, I thought I would not have put this on the air. I disagree with it for reasons I've said. But once they decided to do it, they went all in and did it well like this was this was you know, let's get the dancers out there, let's let's just they were not shy, like you know what, what's the saying about if you're if you're giving a speech, like don't mix inaudibility with incoherence, Like if you're gonna give a bad speech, at least don't be hard to hear. I know there's a more catchy phrase on that, like don't don't make people mad that you're not only giving a bad speech, but you're not articulating and you're rolling and mumbling, like just be proud whatever you decide to do, do it and go all in.
Speaker 2: They went all in.
Speaker 1: You know, they had the clippers dancers at ringside and the mini housens and a sort of catchy chorus that was it. It's just the chorus. But I mean they did go all in on it, Paul. So if they're gonna do it. It was better. It was a better execution than Soul Ruka and Riquel.
Speaker 4: All Right, I'll give you that, but I know I could cover on that. Corey Graves, it was a little bit of truth teller when he said there aren't enough dispensaries in California to make me enjoy that.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm not saying I enjoyed it. I'm saying that what they set out to do, they set they they executed what they set.
Speaker 4: Out to do, and much like his debut, it was all they went all in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, there's similarities for sure. Before pushing play on the way Keller Pro Wrestling post shows, check out pw torch dot com and our TV review section and skim through a full rundown of the TV show if you didn't see it, that's your way to get an overview of what happened before you dive into our in depth analysis of the key happenings on the show. That's pw torch dot com. You're home for live TV coverage every Monday, Wednesday and Friday with my TV Reports, and also check out our NXT and Impact coverage on Tuesdays and Thursdays our Collision Reports on Saturday nights and of course our live pay per view on ple coverage on weekends. All waiting for you at PW torch dot com. All right, you well what else?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 8: Now, this why I say you strike when the iron's hot. I think last two weeks they kind of hurt over with him beating up the.
Speaker 2: Cops and all that. Tonight, beat up the cops, you go and you do the stuff, and then Rock don't.
Speaker 8: Even get in the rain. He has all ham and announced his weight. He locked you in the caves and stuff like that. I don't like when you make a babyface look slow. And I feel like the night they made him look slow, you follow you followed the steps that they told you. We none contact all this, We can't even touch each other, so why are we even doing this? And then you play me, make me look slow and everything, And I just feel like the last few weeks they hurt him. I understand it's gonna be a big match, He's probably the second biggest match on the whole weekend and stuff.
Speaker 7: Like that, But.
Speaker 8: Does the damage last longer than just once people see the match say over it and stuff like that, because I don't see where he goes next. They haven't set up anything, they haven't told no story about nothing. They barely telling the story about this match. How did y'all sunk about this week?
Speaker 1: And I think we're seeing drell is the gimmick is the sales pitch instead of the sales pitch logically leading to the gimmick. So like the story of this match should be we need a hell in a Cell for certain reasons, because Obin Brock need to sell on the ring. We need to not have interference. We we want to incorporate not just what happens in the ring, but whatever. There should be something about Brock and Oba that calls for Helen a Cell. But instead what they've what they've done is it's all about the Helena Cell. We had did Did we have Helena Cell talking to us tonight?
Speaker 4: Third character?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That we had then. Yet it took me a while to figure out what's going on there. I'm like, wait this, the Helen of Cell is now personified into a narrator of a video about itself. It was talking about itself. Yeah, this should be about Oba and Brock in the Helen of Cell should just by the time you get down convincing people at pulling people into a needing to see what happens in a third rubber match. Though to speaking against Oben Brock, when you when you lay out the reasons this match should take place, then you go, oh shit, it's in a hell and a cell too.
Speaker 4: Whoa.
Speaker 1: But instead, like we have a Helen of Cell. You'll never guess who we're putting in it. But let's tell you more about Helena Sell. And it's cool because you know who's in it, Open Brock. It's the second story. Helen Sel should be the second story, not Oba versus Brock. I want to see open Brock. And this gets into w B and you know, Triple H and his brain trust they're scared for whatever reason or philosophically opposed if they're not scared to presenting the w B product in a more sports like way and lean into the sports aspect of it. That's what I said about Seth and Rollman. It should be we had our we had our riff raff hangers on and helping us win matches in the past. I'm guilty, You're guilty. This is going to be We're gonna find out who the better wrestlers. They're scared to do that because I think they think people at homemwer it's not real. Why they're pretending it's real, not understanding the most. The peak fan experience is when you get people to buy in because everybody presenting the product wants you to wants you to be drawn into it as if it's real, just like a great movie, and they're they're scared.
Speaker 4: To do it.
Speaker 1: That's what Brock Oba is in their elements of it have been there, that was there for the first match. Talk about my god, it's the immovable object against the irresistible force. Whatever it's these two. If Brock has never looked opposite of the ring and seen somebody who's more of a force. But now Brock knows what he's getting in Oba. He's trained for him, he's been in the ring for him, He's felt his power. What has he done to train for Oba? They're so scared to talk about this like a USC fighter or a boxer would, even though they're in the boxing and USC business, talk about it like one. There's stakes here. What will happen if Brock loses? Tell us about it? Is he gonna Is he gonna walk away again and not come back? If he if he loses, is he gonna lose faith? Is he gonna snap? Is he gonna dump Paul Hayman? Is he gonna go away and come back with the whole new edit? Like imagine, like I want the announcers to pull go if Brock loses. I can't even imagine what's next for him, if anything, But if Oba loses, does that mean he isn't as big a deeal as we thought? Does it mean that maybe he's not ready even though he looked like it. Maybe it's like a pitcher. The first thing, you know, Patrick gets called it from the miners in baseball, and they strike a bunch of people out. Second time the or see him, it doesn't happen as much. They figure out the picture. You know, So has has Oba been figured out? Did Brock solve Oba? Talk about that? And then go and by the way, it's in a hell in a cell, and everyone's like, I'm so into the match, and now you've really sold me because it's in a cell. But instead it's all about the cell. The people in it are kind of secondary. And then obviously with the nonsense with the cops and Brock locking the door and then Ova being so mad that decided to beat up a whole police force, and then Michael coocos he can't blame him. I mean, I'm imagine me swearing right now. I am in my head. It's so stupid. Why is the announcer going, you can't blame Oba. You're throwing a hissy fit over the fact that away In did happen, and that brock what put a padlock on a door and snickered at him.
Speaker 4: I think you could blame him for assaulting how many police officers?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And so we're supposed to believe Paulavek and his brain trust, the writers were sprichered all them. I call it. Whatever. Oh, people won't take seriously the cops stuff. That's just fun. That's just it's just it's just a fun visual. But come on, people, know that's not a big deal. Don't get don't get hung up on that. Don't get fixated on the fact that if if cops got beat up, that that that that's a part of a story. You're not supposed to take seriously and expect it that it could happen in the real world. You got to comppartmentalize that and not take this so seriously. Oh, but we really want you to care about Oba and Brock and the violence you're gonna see. Well, you're trying to convince me the violence is real and the stakes are high. But a whole police force gets beat up by a babyface unprovoked. But don't don't get hung up on that not fitting into the narrative structure in a logical way. That's just the part that you're supposed to lighten up and just enjoy it, because, oh my god, it's cops getting beat up by Oba, and oh my god, we have to have Oba beat somebody up, and it can't be a bunch of it's so stupid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think they thought that the crowd was really going to get excited, and they did attack these these police officers who were just they're doing their job. They didn't lock him in that cage, and the crowd did not. The crowd just kind of went mild.
Speaker 1: Sons over beating up. Security did nothing, crowd didn't react to it. They need to stop the security attack segments.
Speaker 4: Yes, I wish it was security. That would have been a little more believable.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, By the way, my problem wasn't they need to stop beating up security they start being up cops. That was not my point. They should stop beating up people who are hired to be there in wrestlers beat them up several limits, says Op. Attacking the security guards again was like Sammy smashing another water bottle. It was comedic.
Speaker 4: Two weeks ago, he said, I only did it because I knew they weren't real police officers. Ye, what's his excuse this week?
Speaker 1: Exactly because they didn't like if all the cops had attacked eight on one Oba when Rock locked the door, and then Hayman's out there going ha ha, you know you thought you knew last time, Well, you stepped in a cell and we locked you in it with eight trained professional USC boxers and and and professional wrestlers, boxers, MMA fighters, whatever, whatever the story they want to tell. And now you're getting beat up eight on one and we tricked you be locked to get a cage. You're a sucker and you're stupid in polemics saying it ringside helpless. I'm not saying I would love that if you pitched it, but it's it solves like ninety nine percent of what was utterly stupid about that segment because at least then it's Hayman outsmarting Oba, and then Oba has a reason to then fight back and toss them all around. You'm on, you know. But they don't think people are.
Speaker 4: Gonna have to feel terrible about seeing him attack police officers, right, And.
Speaker 1: I mean there's some people. Yeah, it's just like there's there's some people are like, oh, now Oba can't wrestle at Summer Slam because he's going to be in jail, facing multiple felony charges in decades in prison, Which is what would happen if you got If you go and find a place where there's eight cops and you do what Oba did, You're not going to be wrestling weekend for a big cash prize.
Speaker 4: You're going to be.
Speaker 1: Out on bail and facing maybe out on bail. Actually won't you won't even get bail if you did that. But oh what they want us to be entertained and it's rolled and find it engaging, but they don't want us to take it seriously enough to expect the constant the obvious consequences if we're to take it seriously, to take it. Yeah, seven eleven new nickname for Roba Oba felony.
Speaker 4: I do want to say I did like the brock locking in the cage. He he seemed like a cowardly jerk who was just you know, trying to look for a way to get under Oba's skin. We were, you know, the fan. And when they they faced off at the end and they're they're flipping each other the bird like, it seemed like they were really like poed at each other, like there was some real animosity.
Speaker 1: To both you what if it was the other way around, What if Leslard and Hayman went in there about to do the way did the Wayne or they're waiting for ob come out, you know, and Oba comes out. He looks and he goes lock the cage door and he puts a padlock around it. And Cole's like grace, like what's he doing? And and and then Hayman's like what are you doing? And Oba just laughs. He goes, I'll see a Sunday or see a Saturday. I'm sorry, Saturday. Have fun with your way in. I'm not playing any more games. I'm not playing any more Hype. I just want to get my hands on you. And he could take the mic, he could go, I am not allowed to put my hands on you. That is, I would be suspended, I'd be fired, I'd be fined, and the match when happens Saturday. I got what I need. I don't need a home. I don't need to know how much of Weybroc, I don't know why you wanted this wayn in the first place. What's what's going on? Like they point out how stupid a way in is Brock. I don't know why you want his way in the first place. But I'm done talking. I'm done standing and having a stare down. I'm not playing to the promoters. They can photoshop our faces nose to nose. I'm getting ready for Saturday. You're going to try to figure out how to get out of this cage?
Speaker 2: Bye?
Speaker 1: I mean whatever? Have ova have the joke beyond Brock and Hayman. Instead, the joke was on over and he has a fit, beats up cops. It's stupid. I don't, I don't. I can't imagine the pitch meeting for this mhm, Like who's I mean, what's what's the pitch meeting?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: This would be great. We'll have Brock lock ob in a cage and then he'll snicker at him and then Oba will throw a hissy fit over what like just get clip the chain and leave, Like why does he have to beat up? Okay, he's gonna be up cops.
Speaker 2: So stupid, you know, his biggest baby's face and you got him look.
Speaker 1: Ye uh but Droll some of them says, I just had to o Oba kick the door down and then have and then have Lee oh ship And then he scurries away. Yeah, And Hayman's like Hayman trips trying to run away from Oba, and he's in Lesard's like ten steps ahead of him, and he turns back and Haman's wall wrists out of water on the ground trying to figure out how to get back on his feet, and the fans are laughing, and then Oba just stops and goes, You're not worth it, Paul Rock, I'll see a Saturday. I mean, they're just like whatever. I mean, there's just like I'm not saying that's the only way to do it, but like there's all these things that just make more sense for their characters. Then I just I don't think they know what they're doing anymore. I don't think they know what they're doing anymore. I don't think they know what they're doing anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I think they've lost they've lost any any coherence. I can't defend it.
Speaker 4: The people of Inglewood, California would agree tonight, I think.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, we heard a Babyface go home promo in a while, because it would have been perfect, like you said, if you would have came out there and he would have locked them in and he would have cut a promos telling him the time is up and what I'm goin to do, get.
Speaker 1: One and then let o. But no, don't say you're gonna kill me there. Please, yeah, take that off the table. Jeremy Or says, I'm sorry, Wade, please make this make sense. Thanks love the channel, Thank you. Jaycon Scooby says, no reason for Obar Brock tonight. It was not needed. Although the last thing the show need is another video package recapping everything that's happened already.
Speaker 4: Yeah, any of those, it's tough. Yeah, although several of them were quite good.
Speaker 1: I want to Yeah. Yeah, I'm just saying we kept its plenty job were they did not phone this show in. But if you're in the building, you got a lot of looking up at the big screen. Now that's a building I you're gonna watch on the big screen that Clippers Arena. That's where you want to be because those screens are yeah as good as its yeah yeah, and Netflix logo is huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Hey everyone, Greg Parks here. You've probably heard me hosting Wrestling Night in America after pay per Views and also co hosting the Tuesday Flagship with Wade Keller. I also host a VP exclusive podcast every week called Greg Parks Out Loud. In this podcast, I delve into a single topic for around twenty minutes, perfect length for one of your daily commutes or while walking the dog. A couple of my recent episodes included a look at TNA as they moved to AMC and WWE, and aw injuries for the year twenty twenty five. You can listen to VIP podcasts for a VIP membership on many platforms including on Patreon, Spotify, the Apple Podcast native app on iPhone and car Play, just about every popular iOS and Android podcast app out there, and even stream right from the ad free pw Torch VP website. Full details on VP membership at pw torch dot com. Slash go VIP as an added bonus. VAP membership means you won't hear this commercial again or any commercials as commercial breaks are skipped right over on the VIP podcast feed. In addition to all the commercial free VIP podcasts check it out. We'd love for you to join our community and unlock access to all our VP exclusive content.
Speaker 8: All right, I would have preferred I would have preferred Over and Brock Ben had promos videos because like you said, they could have showed video over train and getting ready for Brock.
Speaker 2: Ye see, they.
Speaker 8: Just hurt them a lot with what was going on in two nights of seeing Baby last night. I signed up for that six hours and I seen the baby face show everything that he chose not to do.
Speaker 2: He gets made a fool of.
Speaker 8: And you should have took the shot because then you got the person to take the shot on you and hit choose. So everything that John said to him would ringed out truth, but you had him looking.
Speaker 2: Bad and tonight the over mean the same thing, and my last thing would be this tonight. What hurt l A.
Speaker 8: Knight then was because like I said, everything that is attached with Roman itself them just been hurt and been dragged down. You don't know how to make these people feel if they are they faces?
Speaker 2: Are they heels?
Speaker 8: Jay come out there, he should have been heelers. When the crowd asked him to run it back, he should have acted like he could have run it back and told him no and then started cutting his promo. That would have set up the scene for when Solo came out there, when La Knight came out there. Because what cute the crowd is. They wanted to see the running back. They want to get into that. And when you had the baby who was supposed to be the babyfaces come out there, they took it out on them and then really want to hear nothing. It's because you got the bloodlines playing. Some minutes they play faces, some minutes they play heels and all of this, and then all of them have been leveled down.
Speaker 2: I think Jay he ain't on the level that he was and one was where you could plug him in as a main eventor to get you through a few months.
Speaker 8: Jacob, when he was hot, it seemed like he could have been somebody you could have took tight off of Roman.
Speaker 2: He's not at that level no more. He just they got him.
Speaker 8: Stereotype and somebody come out there and go tongue and grip gonna shake and that's it. And you know, you got the three baby faces trying to make up for it.
Speaker 2: You got l. A.
Speaker 8: Knight cutting promos. That makes sense, and he's trying to win it back and trying to get him back.
Speaker 6: He's doing it.
Speaker 2: He's doing so much work just to get it.
Speaker 8: Back to a level playing field, even because again I like so I like the character that they introduce it with him. They're funny stuff and stuff like that, but he don't do it in such a a joking way that you put him on the level with the damn housing.
Speaker 2: But he knew it in a way that feeds him and that worked.
Speaker 8: But he was working from ah such like like your twenty points behind and stuff like that, and you're trying to come back and you get right there, you're like four points, but you're tied out and.
Speaker 2: You know, missed PHO shots in the row, and uh, you can't just bring it all the way back. And then the L. A.
Speaker 1: Knight's like the like the highlight of logic and he's like just speaking the truth. He's the most clear cut baby face. Rayce Kyds has done nothing wrong, but he's running to the ring to zero crowd reaction. It's just sad Jacob I two hot a thing not that long ago right there with Ova, and now he's doing his bit and the fans want to cheer him, and then there's something inside going. I don't think we're supposed to, so we won't. The USO's want to see it running back. We want the communal experience, and they're doing it, and then they're not doing it. It's just like I that's why I say they they've lost their way. They don't know what they're doing anymore. It it feels like everybody who knew how this business work got replaced by a bunch of people who are like armchair quarterbacks who have listened to really bad podcast analysis of wrestling for the last ten years and are doing everything wrong. I mean, I don't know what to say. They're infatuated with Let the fans decide like that's some some point of pride and the crowd response tonight should be the defense. I mean it should have been obviously before this, But like, you can't do what they're doing with that six man tag. It's it's a dragon Roman, It's a dragon Seth. It's a drag on all the baby faces. All six baby faces basically in this for all the reasons you said, Well, I I just don't know what to say. Saddler says Solo is funny. Yeah, I gotta say.
Speaker 4: I thought Solo was on fire tonight. Yeah, I mean, but but to Drell's point, he started out so far behind. When he came, the crowd booed because last time we saw him he was a heel. When did he turn face like it was? It was pretty confusing, But he actually like managed to like get a lot of the crowd on his side.
Speaker 1: So the thing is is, Paul, he was getting the crowd on his side, but you could see the fans I was looking at him, They're going, I kind of like this guy, but I like, I'm supposed to cheer him, or I kind of like this guy, but I also kind of like the usos. I kind of want to cheer, but let me process what I'm supposed to do. Like there's no just natural reaction that just flows because there's this headwind of I like Solo, He's funny. Oh wait, but he said aimed it at Jay and I like Jay. It is constant like a I don't know anymore.
Speaker 4: I just don't agree.
Speaker 1: No seven eleven says it feels very disconnected right now.
Speaker 4: People want to see Jacob kick them, but but they don't want to see him kick La Knights. But I mean what exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good fella cheer the usso's entrance, but Booth their inwork. Solo's turn should be organic and it feels so forced. Yeah, yeah, but I agree Solos hilarious. Yeah, I mean, you know, it's yeah, there's yeah, there's places for Solo's character, but I don't know, and you know, dous is going you should you know, I don't know, Like there's there's this storyline here and it's like, yeah, I'm sure there's like aspects of it where if you're kind of hung up on like oh people are so they're so enthralled if you're if you're if you're super enthralled with the blood line and what's who's going to be in it and who's not, then they're hitting some storyline beats. But that's that's not what people care about. I mean, it's not it's not that they don't care, but they don't they care more about They just want to see All Night, want a match, They want to cheer them usos against two heels. They want to cheer them. I don't see Jacob hat two kick ass against a heel who has a coming and instead they're just anyway and and the usas.
Speaker 4: I thought it was interesting that they were still seemingly attempting to recruit Solo. Yes, he was hinting that, oh, and you're not the real bloodline without me, and you're saying run this player else do they realize that they're like wrestling each other in a couple of nights. I mean, Solo has chosen and one.
Speaker 1: Of the stakes, what like, can we talk about the match and the outcome? It's just like this is soap opera of personalities and and but it's not like like like what is what is the six man take team match for? That's why if you go back to every critique, every sort of suggestion for the illustrated purposes that I made about how they could do it differently, It's all about making the outcome of the match what people think. My god, I need to be there to see what happens. It's game seven of of you know, a NHL series or NBA series. It's it's a playoff game between a sixteen to one team and a fifteen and two team, and it's like, who's who's going to be eliminated after having that good of a season, you know, like I need to tune in to see the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat. I want to see the celebration, but I also want to see the sidelines when that start. There's two star quarterbacks and one of them is not going to make it past the wild card game or to the super Bowl. Like, they're not talking about the outcome. They just want you to have a communal experience. Boom and cheer ring entrance or cheer ring entrance, and then boom and they get to the ring apparently, and then and then pop for high spots and say get the tables and this is awesome. They've lost sight of what this is about, which is selling people on the idea that in the world that we're pulling you into, you should care about the outcome. So what matters about this six man tag? Anybody talking?
Speaker 4: No matter who wins or loses, all six men are going to be in the exact same position next.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, it ain't gonna raise nobody, ain't gon raise nobody down. They didn't even talk about it if they don't care about it in the main event. That's why I asked question, did you know that was a title match? It was a grudge match that you've got somebody to come out. I can raisee Betty, you and I own you, but we thankful.
Speaker 2: For the title. So this match don't mean anything. I know.
Speaker 8: The Knight tried to bring it and said, well, we're gonna try to put that bloodline down and put it a sleep. He tried to make it mean something, but we only had one person out of six trying to make a story out of it.
Speaker 1: By the way, Eli's I'm complimenting La so much so I want to take a fun, playful dig on him. You know, there's always like the slip on the ropes of the one botch move per match. He's keeping a streak alive on promos too, Like he just like he slipped up on one of his words and he kind of had to. Like it's sort of the obligator. I've done the bit for decades, the obligatory mid match shinlock for Randy Orton, Like it's just he has to go on the mat and apply a headlock mid match for whatever reason. It's like he lost a bet in two thousand and four and he's just he's just committed.
Speaker 2: To the bit.
Speaker 1: And you know, they say the night there's like he was scared. You need to slip up, you need to slip up one batch spot of the ring. One watch line in every promo because it always he's good at recovering. It's no big deal. But it's just it's like, oh my god, there it was. It's like a drinking game, all right, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's his that's his power. You know, they say with them with with piano performers, there's two great kinds, the kind that never really make mistakes and the kind that makes mistakes and they just flow with it. And that's what La Knight is. He makes mistakes, but he doesn't let it like throw him off. He just flows with it, and we flow right on with him.
Speaker 1: Yep, and give him credit.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, I said he need to get with soul.
Speaker 1: Ruka, No, there there is in you know, even l A Knight coming on me. He got a nice pop and all that. But the theme of the night was wrestlers kind of coming out looking around, going man, have the book and left up everything I mean like that's about it. I mean like they're just looking around going we got you know, ten thousand plus people, and where I'm not getting the reaction I'm used to Roman seth la anybody language you could read it was, oh shit, what's happened? Something's not right, you know. I mean, it's just they need to have a post SummerSlam, you know, meeting. And you know, I don't I don't get like I don't do this, but like in my report, I like I wrote in my raw report, I said, you know, after Summer Slam, if Paula Beck and his creative team still have jobs, they need to sit down and have been honest discussion but what led them to this mess and start really reevaluating their rationale for what they're doing and shake things up? And I and I don't usually say if they still have a job. I don't do that to like, you know, be provocative. I just literally it's just crossing my mind. They have booked themselves into a position that I didn't think I would be saying for a long time, which is they be looking elsewhere because I have lost so much faith in this and I'm not gonna go on theok that because maybe there's some outside forces and all of that, but I mean he's at a creative so I mean, until proven otherwise, I'm starting to question whether he has what it takes to be the guy that should lead this very very very big international entertainment company forward. If he can't, correct course, I think he should be given them a chance. But he's got to give if I'm his boss, and his bosses don't know what they're doing. They said Pat McFie out there to say that would be ship, So you know, I mean, who's gonna fix it? They got a bad GM, a bad coach, bad bad assistant coaches. They're listening to the internet, They're they're serving different masters. I don't know. You know it well, I hope they come through and uh, you know, September is a better August breast of August. The temper shows that they rebound and they they just book themselves and paint themselves in a corner. They didn't know how to get out of it. But they still know what they're doing. But I don't know, Well, I.
Speaker 8: Wonder how things would have been different if a couple of different things would have been booked different. Maybe if you had a hot face challenging for the title, and it was just about the title and nothing about meta. You had a hot title a few you started telling more stories with the women title and not just having them be fonder to other outside stuff like Dan house and stuff and all that, and just kept it simple like.
Speaker 2: You did with certain other stuff before.
Speaker 6: How would this be dead?
Speaker 8: How how would this would have looked when you got somebody that people want to fall?
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's a couple of other chet comments, uh drawn. Paul Rude Dog says, wait to love the analysis at Randy ort lostter bet and that's why his matches are so boring?
Speaker 3: Is that what you said?
Speaker 1: No, somebody said, But you know, it's one way to look at it. Kvanti smalls, even if Knight has a probobot here in there, it seems authentic and not overrehearsed. He's passionate, so thing others stringing with totally agree with that.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 1: Set of eleven says the resurgence of the bloodline should have been more of a high alert big deal that should have had Cody Seth et cetera, all hands on deck to stop this before it gets started again. Salle Vision three says the crowd was terrible for an LA crowd today. It shows how uninteresting the show currently is. Cavante Small says the Canary in the coal Mine was rest many forty two ticket sales. SummerSlam is the chickens coming home to roost. The fall needs an overhaul. Yeah, and Goodfella says it feels so weird from the way he booked that XT which I loved. Obviously he had to grow and evolve some, but it feels so far removed from that. That's what's so puzzling about this. Saddle Vision three goes, you can't blame the lack of talent either, that would be stacked with current stars and potential mediamentors. This is all on the bookers.
Speaker 4: It's not the performances.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you get them something to You gave a crowd some to believe.
Speaker 8: They got behind it self and Javan Emmons they were behind that whole match, the whole the solution.
Speaker 1: Of their problems that staring at them. In the mid card throughout Baby facing people liking and Steel people want to see Louise. That's the mid card formulas getting the crowd reactions that the main adventures deserve to get They're making it overly complicated, needlessly ye.
Speaker 2: Javan Javan doing the baby face thing.
Speaker 8: They told the story a couple of weeks after he said, Hey, I don't want to lose no more and I'm gonna do my best up out of that.
Speaker 2: The rap, rap and stereo match. What do you call this the best heel right now?
Speaker 8: And he did something. I stopped the six one nine by just grabbing the eighth word, putting it up. Get you crowd booted didn't like it, upset so mad about it, just so simple boom.
Speaker 2: That's another thing your boy way with the Vision tonight, simple beat down.
Speaker 8: I'm gona beat you up, the oldest over as a face after last week, I beat you up. I take the chest shot, brutally beat you like that. And I got heat on for me and the Vision and Maxine, those three. The crowd was in all of it, the whole entire time. They were reacting to what they were seeing. They wasn't just giving fo years ago, this is awesome fight forever. They wasn't chanting your music. They weren't saying oh acknowledged me. They got into the matches and they got behind these people, and they continue to push each week because those three, those three matches and the people in the matches the past two to three weeks have been getting over each crowd each week. So, like you said, they have it in the mid car, so they can do it in one place, and they just need to do it in the bigger futures.
Speaker 1: Yep, just I mean the answer to their problems is in the mid card. Just drop man aventance into that formula, you know, I mean what yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said. Those matches had a despicable heel and the crowd felt very comfortable, you know, cheering on their favorites and.
Speaker 1: In a simple formula. Because they didn't, the rest of is can get a bunch of Mike time Paul to ruin it. I mean, there is something about wrestlings. He's understand. It's why it's it's so internationally popular. You don't even need to know the language to understand what's going on. Ethan walks to the ring and you want to see him lose, you said, walks to the ring like I want to see and Javon comes out unless you find him a little too much. This guy's you know, he's bouncy, and he's enthusiastic, and he's.
Speaker 4: He he was loving those fans like they were his long lost family. Yeah, he was great.
Speaker 1: Austin Theory and Maxine, they're falling. Yeah, you know you're right. Yeah, And then the PDA with Austin Theory, Maxine, like, I want to see that. Look at that guy he's got must have had everything handed to him. Look at that, Look at him, look at he's he's like, I want to see him. He's flaunting, he's being you know, Mexicane, being mean to Otis for every for every guy out there doesn't have that perfect body, who has time for that? You know whatever? All the people I don't they just like you, just you have this natural and like animosity and towards towards them, And I don't know, It's.
Speaker 4: Just sounds a way way hotter opener than I would have thought Otis and Tazawa were capable of. Ye, But because people, yeah, they they they felt for Otis and and who wouldn't hate, right, who wouldn't hate Austin Theory with that sex st up, you know, to pre on his arm, I mean gosh, and just flaunting it. Yeah, Yep, it was a hot match. It could have been longer. I mean, I think it was a good match, but they could have gotten more out of it. The crowd was into it.
Speaker 1: Yep, agreed. You know that last segment you're just listening to and the next one that you're waiting to listen to, those can be one second apart. With a VP membership, you can unlock our commercial free versions of our show. Pw torch dot com slash Go vip tells you how to do it. That's pw torch dot com slash Go VIP options exist within the Apple podcast app using your Apple account through Patreon, which, by the way, you can sync up with Spotify or just about any iOS or Android app. With a full VIP membership, you can customize the feed for individual shows and clusters of shows and themes. Go to pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on all the options to listen commercial free and with upper tier options unlock our VP exclusive podcast run throughout the week every week. All right, drew any closing words?
Speaker 8: Closing words would so probably need to get with Javon Evans because I think that's who they hope that you would be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the moves and he has toned down a lot of the extra ness and got a little serious. So he done.
Speaker 8: Coming up to the main roster hasn't done him justice and he ain't being all so bouncy all the time and he knowing when to do it, how would do it, and stuff like that. So that might be somebody they need to tell her the model herself out, somebody who appear level.
Speaker 2: But that's it for me.
Speaker 1: Great, Yeah, thanks thanks for all. I was good talking you. There's some good help spots in this match tonight, some good in near falls at your buy. I was buying some of those matches could go either way.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's just it's just keep it. There's a formula and it is. It's just it's stop making it harder than it has to be, more complicated than it has to be. And that's that's the part. Yeah, m I mean when I say they don't know what they're doing, I mean they're kind of doing it, but they're doing it when they're keeping it simple and just yeah, Like there were times where I was sure Javan was about to lose, and then I thought, oh, he's gonna win, and then I thought it's always gonna loose and then he won, you know, because that was could go either way, you know, ethan a race, same thing. You know, it felt like that that could have gone either way. You know, it was a you know, based on where they are. You know, Sol and Raquel had that going for it. It just didn't you know, didn't didn't play out. But all right, a few other check comments here. Uh, Jane Hartford says, laid to the party here, but I loved everything about the Opra Brock segment until Oba attacked security. Mister Freshman said, yeah, Jay agree. They made Opal look childish and foolish for attacking them for no reason. Although Michael Cole said, you can't blame him? Why why why are you saying what you're saying, Michael Cole? Why can we not blame him?
Speaker 4: What he like?
Speaker 1: What are we supposed to believe is in Michael Cole's head that makes him think you can't blame Oba because Brock didn't enter the ring for a way, and so now he gets to beat up a cops give or take.
Speaker 4: Like, ah, he wouldn't have made a great lawyer.
Speaker 1: Michael Cole, Yeah, okay, I know. We've got some other comments here, I wanted to throw up. Jay Harris says, Bruce Pritchard's running these shows for places to figurehead like Dana White as in UFC. These shows look so much different than they did two years ago. Someone mentioned that just watching w unreal that you know, it seems like some of this stuff that that Prichard would be endorsing. Oh, Jane Harford says, my I will say my casual fan wife looked up when I complained about Oba's attack. She said something like, well, isn't it about the fight, at which point I went on a rant about heroes and villains. This does feel like it's like the top stuff is being booked b people who don't understand wrestling, but they think they know what it's about, and then they're they're just wrecking it. Let's see, uh some of them And says why do the Usles and Jacob care about them anyway? Don't don't shouldn't they be concerned about Roman and Seth?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: To a degree, I mean it is, is there? Cavante Small says, going through shed be in a match with a strong up and coming Babyfacero, So I should be feuding with Chavon Punk Roman Seth and Cody should be against fresh opponents. Yeah, Seler says, I wonder how much of Vince's guys like Bruce Bricherd Michael Hayes are influencing bad booking. A lot of the stuff has felt vincey this year. They need a book or overhaul under triple h. That's why I say, you know, I mean, I'm got place has a head of creative title. If he wants to call me off record and explain what's really happening, I can adjust and abide by the off record on background only explanation. But he's had a creative in this products has his his name on it. Yeah, yeah, Cavante Small says, Yeah, my spidy senses tell me Bruce Bricherd and Michael Hays are influencing clinging onto the bad booking. What Michael hay should no better?
Speaker 4: I wonder how much of that, how much of this you know again, I'm stuck on my idea that I'm hopeful that the bloodline turns heels. I wonder how much of this is just sort of them delaying, if that's true, them just delaying that too much and trying to, you know, trying to take takes it. You know, if they had, if they had clearly turned a month ago, I think we'd be in a different place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, no question. I mean, and then that just comes down to they're they're not doing what's best for Summer Slam because they think they have something more important that makes the price for paying now worth it. And I mean that might that's like the best explanation. Yeah, it sucks, but it's maybe the best thing I've that I can you know that I've heard or can conjure up. Dougy Dug says, I just finished Raw. I'm tuning into the post show. That downhousing segment maybe the fringiest Raw segment since they had the fake Rosie o'dno versus Trump Wrestling. Wow, you know, come on, they went all in. They weren't They weren't shy, they weren't bashful.
Speaker 4: We got to say that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jane Harferd says, I don't normally listen to post how to finish Raw, but tonight is an exception, and I'm glad I've not seen that horrible segment that everyone's talking about. Uh Jay, Yes, Jay also said uh Dom can do no, the match will be short. Fine, and fun. Yes, the human money on a pole match Dom just you know, he's Dom could be in a better spot right now. He's good at this, you know, lower card comedic, sidebar side world stuff. But I don't. I hope they're not damaging what I think they had going, which is that people might take him more seriously as somebody who could hold his own at a higher level. And you know they might be going too too long with him as just the butt of a joke. I'm not giving up on him, but it's it's it's creeping in, Like, come on, he's in the early twenties. Now, let's there's something there. You need fresh stars. Do something where you go, we're in the DOM business at a at a where he's he can he can be here or he can be a face. You can do it either way. But get him in the ring, having serious, longer matches for the IC or US title, and build him to a point where you could imagine him being an opponent for Cody Rhodes a Sea I'm punk seth rawlins, like, get him to that level where it's not not them moving down the card to meet him, it's him moving up the cart to wrestle them in a passing of the torch type of situation.
Speaker 4: He's I'm not a fan of Dom, like I don't see the potential in him, but I have to say he has really been damaged by the booking in recent months. Meant, when he was, you know, wrestling John Cena a few months ago, and he was at just a totally different level. And they're not telling us that he is someone to take seriously, that he is a threat, or or that he's someone that we should invest in.
Speaker 1: Yep. Then he says, this is the last old rival Roman should face for a while. We need new opponents for him, like Bron and Javon. Yeah, yeah, and I don't. I mean, I don't know if Dom can be top level, but I've seen I've seen enough glimpses. I would I would. I would start protecting him a little more and moving him out of just looking like he's just gonna defined at a certain way. By the way, when will Jimmy Hart agree to start aging he looks like he did in nineteen eighty five?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: I mean, he makes good use of hair dye. I give him that.
Speaker 1: Well, that that's that's for sure. But I maybe he always did, but like I just one of these days, I just expect to go, oh, you know, it finally caught up, you know, it caught up to him, you know, just like you know, how old do you think he is? I guess eighty four. He's eighty two. He's eighty two.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: And honestly, I mean he looks he looks like a he looks like a sixty five year old trying to look fifty two, you know, like that's it. But he doesn't look eighty two.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Maybe if he walks, he's like, you know, has a walker or something. I don't know, but he's he's like he's got all the energy and all the energy.
Speaker 2: Still.
Speaker 4: Yeah, amazing, Paul.
Speaker 1: Anything else in your notes or anything else you want to bring up from the show. I'm kind of scrolling through my report see if.
Speaker 4: There's Yeah, I didn't want to just point out how much I really enjoyed the Mysterio versus Ethan Page match. You know, with a veteran like Mysterio, you think that that that Ethan would kind of treat him with kid gloves, would go a little soft. That was a hard hitting match, and they both took some some really stiff looking shots. So so I thought that was a just just a treat that I didn't I didn't know I wanted, but I needed that and a really big win for someone who really needed it. In Ethan page.
Speaker 1: Yep Uh, Dom's Cavanti Small says dom strength is his character work and mic work like trick, and lately that's been taken away from him. Yeah, all right, cool, uh let's wrap up there. Thank you, Paul, fun conversation, appreciate your callers and everyone in the chat contributing. Don't forget you can be a VIP member, unlock all the VIP features and make all the commercial breaks and and ads go away and get vipascho content written in podcast format, and nearly four decades of archives of pro wrestling journalism and independent wrestling coverage, there's less and less of that that is driven by experienced, trained journalists and a curated staff rather than you know, random freelancers with an editor who may or may not know. Progressing is all about with AI written articles and headlines that are chasing SEO revenue or you know SEO landing places in search and not really caring about the reputation of whether stories hold up to scrutiny months later. That's not the business we're in, and I think you'll know that. If you sign up, you can be part of an exclusive group of people who are getting our analysis with a great team of contributors, a lot of diverse voices. All you have to do is go to PW torch vip info dot com and you can see the latest lineup of features. That's PW torch vip info dot com to get a rundown of the latest of the latest features that we've got going. We do have some vip vaults going up. There's a really fun discussion that Bruce Mitchell and I had eighteen years ago this month on wrestling magazines in the nineteen seventies and eighties at their peak of influence and distribution. Also a discussion on an evergreen discussion on the best take team specialists over the decades. Also weird situation where with Brett Hart's ultimatum to a veteran pro wrestling historian a journalist at the in Iowa Awards banquet the previous weekend. We got into that, and also the analysis of CM Punk getting the World Championship on Raw, including a comparison with the group has and decisions of Punk and his good friend Samoa Joe and who's the world champion t and A at that point, and we asked, is Punk ready? Will the rain last? Why is now a better time than ever for Punk or isn't it? And does he have the overall charisma, size and skill to be a perennial top player in WWE. That's our VIP vault. That's another cool VIP exclusive feature that's on our podcast feed exclusively for VIP members. There is uh so much that I think you'll really enjoy with our approach to wrestling, not just covering the current scene, but also access to our contemporaneous coverage of past big stories. And then are also long form historical topics that are there for you. And I I mean I I hear snippets of what other people's analysis or other view of wrestling history, their takes on things, and I mean, I'm you know, I'm often just kind of going, eh, I don't know, I don't I think we do better. I think we have a better grasp of things, and I I don't know. It's hard to you know, it's hard to pat yourself on the back or self brag about that stuff. But I think there's a lot of very mediocre wrestling analysis out there, and we bring the experience in an unmatched library. So check it out. Pw torch vp info dot com. I think it's a recurring membership you'll be proud to UH to see show up on your UH on your bank statement or credit card each month because you made a good decision. So there's my pitch. Join us for summerslign weekend and catch up on our round table. Rich Fanton, Martin and I talked for well over an hour about at these PA per viewed last night, and we'll be doing the same thing as we can after Summer Slamming. Thanks again, Paul. We can oh, I guess I can here? Can?
Speaker 2: I can?
Speaker 4: I hear?
Speaker 1: I guess it's nice? All right, Thanks Paul, Thanks everybody, and we'll talk to you all next time. Your time is valuable. Go vip and listen to our show's commercial free a nice streamline listening experience. Pw torch dot com. Slash go vip for full details on a commer free listening experience, and with a full VIP membership, you can create custom feeds for individual shows or groups of shows by theme, and also unlock nearly four decades of archives and access our ad free website with VIP exclusive content pw torch dot com slash go VIP. Your time is valuable, and that's one of the reasons we offer VIP membership pw torch dot com slash go VIP. You can participate in the Wadkeller Pro Wrestling podcast by emailing your question or topic to Weadkeller Podcast at gmail dot com. You can also participate in the way Keller Post shows by emailing Weadkellerpost show at gmail dot com during or write after Raw Dynamite or Smackdowe. Let your voice, let your opinions be heard on our shows via email. Weightkeller Podcast at gmail dot com for the flagship and Weadkellerposts Show at gmail dot com for our post shows. It's next level coverage that you come to expect from the PW Torch brand. No AI, no rookie perspectives, no unfounded rumors, no clickbait, no deceptive headlines, just high quality writing, breaking news and fascinating flashbacks every day at pw torch dot com. Pull yourself away from the evacuous social media experience that I know many of you regret once you get lost in it for minutes, if not hours at a time and settle in for high quality pw torch branded wrestling coverage. Admit it, you love Nick Barbatty when he co hosts with me on the Wade Keller Post Shows. Well, now you can listen to him every week on The Nicky's Club, a VIP exclusive podcast. Here's Nick to tell you more.
Speaker 9: Hey wrestling fans, It's Nick Barbatty and I'm back with the Nicky's Club, the place where the family of Nicky's comes together for big laughs and Shark takes on WWE for WrestleMania rumors to surprise returns. I got you covered, the Nickys Club, where the wrestling feels like the coolest club in town.
Speaker 1: Nick Barbatti wants to be part of your pro wrestling life every week, So why not let him go vip pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on signing up. We're compatible with patreons, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and just about any other iOS or Android app out there. You can also stream directly from our ad free VIP website. The Nicky's Club waiting for you every week at pw Torch VIP. Did you know that you can enjoy commercial free versions of all of your favorite weight color podcasts in pw torch Daily Casts on Spotify. Just go to patreon dot com search pw Torch and subscribe to a VIP membership tier. You get a seven day free trial by the way to kick the tires a Bit and see if you like the service, and then sync it with Spotify and you can listen to commercial free versions of our free shows like the Waykeller post shows, the Weightkeler Podcast Flagship, our Flashbacks, and also the pw Torch Daily cast lineup. Again all commercial free and nice streamline listening experience. But with third tier membership you can also unlock all the VIP podcasts, including Everything with Rich and Wade, to Fix with Todd Martin that I host with Todd every week, the Weadkeller news bulletins, post pay per view roundtables, and an array of other VIP exclusive podcasts with different hosts and different themes. Check out the lineup. Go to Patreon and search pw Torch and subscribe and sync it up with Spotify or stay within the Patreon ecosystem. Either way works. Go to Patreon and start your seven day free trial. If you're listening to us on the Apple podcast app, on Spotify, or any other app that allows you to rate our podcast, please take a moment to give us a five star rating. It really helps us in the algorithm and helps them know that you recommend us to others. Just look for a place to rate the show on Spotify, on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you're listening to our shows, and please click that five star rating, and of course, thank you so much for listening a pew. Your Torch VIP membership doesn't just give you add free access to these shows and a ton of other VIP exclusive podcasts throughout the week, but you also gain access to our unmatched vast library of wrestling history, our contemporaneous week to week coverage through our progressing Torch weekly newsletters dating back to the late nineteen eighties, along with streaming and download access to hundreds of retro radio shows from the nineteen nineties, including some of my interviews with wrestling's top newsmakers in the nineties, and also our podcast library dating back to the year two thousand and three. There's no larger, longer spanning pro wrestling podcast library than that comes with a pw torch VIP membership. Now we're approaching twenty years of podcasting. Go VIP and dive into our post pay per view roundtables are covered with some of your favorite eras of wrestling, top name long form interviews, and special format podcasts that we've done throughout the years. Pw torch dot com slash go VIP. We have a streamline signup form and you can pay with PayPal or directly with your credit card or debit card. In one or two minutes from right now, you can be a VIP member and diving into our library. Pw torch dot com slash go vip