Speaker 1: There we go. Good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen's rye Ryan. Hey, where's the crowds?
Speaker 2: H hy all right, sadio.
Speaker 1: Audience's sleeping today. Good morning, everybody waked, wakey, hands off, snakey rod Ryan show check it in. Free Beer Friday. I got beer straight up at six, seven, eight nine Previer Friday, presented by Specs. Thank you very much for the beer. I don't know who this Brian guy is. He's going for win number two.
Speaker 3: Fresh out of Man Head to Head Challenge, Modest Mouse Flaming Lifts tickets Homeroom. You're getting those on the fun Fact Flashback. If you're looking for Buzzfest tickets, I got them for you at seven twenty.
Speaker 1: Bring on Buzzfest sponsored by Love Stream Blonde. Voting ends today at noon, Ghost tickets at eight twenty, Alternative Income at nine ten.
Speaker 3: But you know the nine o'clock hour starts my favorite hour of radio on the radio. It will be open Phones Friday. Can't wait to hear what you guys have to say. Thirty percent chance of rain today, mostly cloudy, scattered thunderstorms eighty seven.
Speaker 1: We got a seventy percent chance of some isolated thunderstorms tonight. We'll talk about the rest of the weekend.
Speaker 3: Coming up with first one man Alex over there in Good Morning, You've got Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Good morning, Rod, Good morning, Home room.
Speaker 4: Michael Waltz, who had been serving as National security Advisors, being nominated to be the US ambassador to the United States. In the interim Secretary of State Marco Rubio will assume the role of National Security Advisor while retaining his current position.
Speaker 1: Waltz was reportedly the person who.
Speaker 4: Accidentally added a journalist to a military planning chat on the APPS signal. Waltz's nomination is going to require Senate confirmation, where he's expected to face questions regarding the signal scandal. An outline of President Trump's budget request is reportedly going to be released today. Administration officials think the skinny budget will give House loss lawmakers guidance on the appropriate appropriations process for the next physical year, which begins in October. Congress has to approve a dozen bills to fund the government, and the House Appropriations Committee wants to approve all twelve bills before the August recess. The head of the committee Republican Tom Cole says, quote, you're looking at a government shutdown.
Speaker 1: We can't move these bills.
Speaker 4: Wedding season is coming up, and according to a new report, the average single person should expect to spend four hundred and sixty one dollars to attend a wedding.
Speaker 1: For a couple, it's about five hundred and fifty dollars. You're in that wheelhouse of how old you are, am? Do you have? Do you have several on the books for the summer? I aresp' note to two.
Speaker 3: He turned them, mind, I turned stuff coming up on those weekends.
Speaker 4: So what an assle I can get? I have a pregnant wife right now, so I can't really travel. Sorry guys, Okay, so you turned down too.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it is wedding season.
Speaker 4: On average, men's attire costs three hundred and thirty three dollars, a women's outfit costs three hundred and fourteen dollars. The estimate travel is at thirty or eighty dollars per person, and accommodations are at one hundred and forty five dollars. A wedding gift is about one point fifty and it's even more expensive if you're in the wedding. A single member of the bridle or groom party can expect to pay two one hundred and thirty seven dollars for tend both the wedding and bachelor or bachelorette party.
Speaker 1: Dude, you're saving so much money. Yeah, it's pretty sick good for you. I mean, I wasn't in any of these, so it's not how I bailed on that.
Speaker 3: Well, Chilly's gonna put up a link and you can see all these numbers and how much it's going to cost.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just one of those things we all got to do.
Speaker 4: If it's your wedding, you should expect to cost two hundred and thirty two dollars a person. The average wedding is one hundred and fifteen guests, which posts the total at more than twenty six thousand dollars, and the average American attends two weddings a year. The Bill Belichick Jordan Hudson or Jordaan Hudson. She spells her last in her name with an O. That story is getting a little bit more interesting. The legendary football coach is expected to be a focal point in the HBO series Hard Knocks. That is until his girlfriend Jordan, wanted the title of executive producer and wanted to see dailies of the proposed show and allegedly told execs that she wanted to be treated with respect, that they wouldn't get to use Belichick's ip.
Speaker 1: Dude, Yeah, she's on a hand.
Speaker 4: That was pretty much the end of Coach Belichick's short time with the series because Hard Knocks just walked away from them after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's easy to do. It's like, no, we're not putting up with your demands.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got CBS Sunday Morning, which is like the lowest gotcha journalism that they could have. Like, they're never gonna do that. She's like, Wow, We're not going to answer these questions. All right, guys, next questions please wow. In music news, wolf Wolfgang van Halen has released the lead single from his band Mammoths upcoming through studio. Album is titled The End and shows van Halen's signature guitar work. Mammoth also announced The End Tour, a US headlining run that's going to start on October thirty first and goes through December seventh. Tickets for the tour go on sale to the public May night. This is a little sample. Emit sounds like wolf.
Speaker 1: I'll one up you. Sounds like his old man. Yeah, sounds like his dad.
Speaker 3: That what his dad couldn't do is sing like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He's got a little bit of a little bit of everything. Yeah, he can sing his ass off.
Speaker 3: And he's a drummer by trade too. So new album from Wolfe ma'am at WVH.
Speaker 1: I'm excited as you Uston's headlines. This is on the music blog page. You can go check out the videos all right.
Speaker 4: Tonight, the Rockets play the Warriors in Game six of their first round series. It's another winner, go home game for the Rockets. Golden State leads at three games to two. Rockets are five and a half point underdogs heading into this one.
Speaker 1: Tip Off is at eight and you can.
Speaker 4: Listen to the game on our sister station, News Radio seven.
Speaker 1: Forty k t RH. In baseball, the Astros are gonna be back in action tonight. They're gonna open up a weekend series with the White Sox.
Speaker 4: Frame Er Valdez to be on the mount for the Strows, going up against Chicago's Jonathan Cannon. First pitches at six forty and you can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In horse racing, the one hundred and fifty first Kentucky Derby is tomorrow at Churchill Downs in Kentucky. Journalism is the favorite to win the race at three to one odds. Toby Keith also has a horse named Render Judgment. It'll be in the race and that's a long shot at thirty to one odds. The race is gonna start at approximately five fifty seven pm hour time, and you can watch it on NBC.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go, let's go. Four hours of Pain starts right now. Free Beer Friday. Let's get into a case of beer.
Speaker 1: The most interactive show on the radio starts right now.
Speaker 5: Bam Friday. You've got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. Free Bam Friday. Right, Bam Friday, Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: Ryday, Good morning, Ron, Ryan Show, dud dude, good morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this is Adam? What are you doing? What are you doing? At him?
Speaker 7: Heading to word?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, is it raining yet? I'm sorry? Is it raining yet.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not looking forward to it either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess it's coming today. Where are you driving this morning, Adam? Where are you? What part of town?
Speaker 8: I am in Hoffman right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, heading to Humble. Can I interest you in the first case of beer today? Adam? Awesome? All right, I'm gonna hook you up. Awesome, awesome, first time caller, first time winter Okay, stop it. The first time you've never called before.
Speaker 7: I'm dorre.
Speaker 1: You've never called before.
Speaker 8: No, No, I've listened to your show for over twenty years too.
Speaker 3: What was different about today that you picked up the phone and you said, he you know what, I'm gonna try to get that beer?
Speaker 1: What was different? And I don't know.
Speaker 8: I just wanted to never try to though, But why not?
Speaker 3: Let this be an inspiration to every single one of you out there?
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know. I don't want to get involved with the rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna sit on the sidelines. I'm just gonna listen. I'm not gonna play along with these things. Nobody ever wins.
Speaker 1: Look at Adham, You've never even called before, and he gets through. That's amazing. Just do it, all right? Dude, I'm super excited that you won. What is it that you're upsolutely you're going to work? What do you do, Adham?
Speaker 9: Ah?
Speaker 1: Iron work? Okay, you're crazy. You're crazy. Every iron worker I've ever known, see it's fun.
Speaker 3: It's fun walking around risking my life walking around on this iron. I'm not joking, Adam. Every single I knew a lot of iron workers back home, and every one of them was absolutely nuts. Everybody in your trade, everybody in your trade is absolutely crazy. You know this to be true too, or you don't recognize it because you're crazy.
Speaker 1: Little bit. It's a different breed of people, those iron workers. I love them all though, hard workers. Thanks, Adam, have a great have a great be safe, have a great weekend. Enjoy your beers. Okay, all right, thank you you too. All right, man, thank you, Adam. No joke, dude, iron workers they're nuts, every one of it's crazy. Gotta be all right. It's a great way to get started today.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: I was asking him if it was raining yet not yet for him? Not yet here thirty percent chance, mostly cloudy, scattered thunderstorms throughout the day. Seventy percent chance of rain tonight, cloudy, the pesky, isolated thunderstorms. What's the weekend? Not a washout at all?
Speaker 3: Saturday only a ten percent chance of rain. Sunday twenty percent chance rain, mostly sunny. We're looking at lower eighties always. When's your party?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Tonight? Tonight Cactus Code thirty two to thirty two West eleventh Street eight to ten is now will be out there.
Speaker 4: Have eight pairs of Buzzfest tickets, eight pairs, eight pairs every fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm'll be giving so your people are coming in, they're signing up, they' getting in the registration. Pockets also started a come watch the Rockets game in me. It's basically you're just getting you could win buz Mist tickets and you can watch the Rockets, Like why would you not want that? Get some food in your belly, party with you on a Friday.
Speaker 4: Have a couple of neutrals with me. Our finds it neutral or ing it to us? So yeah, eight pairs Buzzfest tickets tonight eight to ten Cactus Cot thirty three to thirty three west of len Streak can hang.
Speaker 10: Out with me.
Speaker 1: That's badass.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get set up for the fresh out of bed head to head. We got Brian going for win number two. We'll be looking for you to take him on after the break. I got your fun facts later on this hour, closer to around six thirty five, and we'll get you some modest mouse slaving lips tickets on the fun Fact flashback if you look at too win Buzzfest tickets on the air with us seven twenties when we're gonna hook you up a man beer all morning.
Speaker 11: Come on, brought to you by Marble Studios. Thunderbolts now playing in theaters everywhere.
Speaker 12: Houston, Houston's alternative and home of the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz All right, welcome back, everybody. Free beer Friday. One case of beer down. That crazy iron worker got the first case of beer today. We'll have another one for you straight up at seven eight nine. Thank you, specs.
Speaker 3: I'm making preparations to get ready for the fresh out of bed head to head coming up.
Speaker 1: We got a thirty percent chance of rain.
Speaker 3: Mostly claudy skuys today, some scattered thunderstorm, so be careful walking on that iron. Seventy chance of some isolated thunderstorms tonight. All right, Alex, I'm looking over here too, man, what do you see that's trending?
Speaker 4: Mike Waltz is trending. We just talked about him in headlines. He is being nominated to be the US ambassador to the UN. He's currently the National Security Advisor, and he was famously in trouble for allegedly adding equal to a government group chat about war strategies.
Speaker 1: Okay, NBA playoffs are trending.
Speaker 4: People are talking about all the games that happened last night, and we're getting ready for Rockets Warriors game six tonight. The Nicks eliminated the Pistons, and the Clippers sports to Game seven against the Nuggets last night. But again, Rockets have a do or die Game six in Golden State tonight at eight o'clock. And then Ashley Buchanan is trending. I did not know who she was until I looked. She is the CEO of Cole's or she was fired for funneling business to a romantic partner.
Speaker 1: Seems bad. So that's a training on not even by the bus. Jill Sobuel passed away. We had a drink, we had a smoke. She's just goffle overcold. I kissed the girl the other song she was. She inspired Kpey.
Speaker 3: She did the original well, I mean she did a song called I Kissed a Girl back in the day she passed away?
Speaker 1: Was that your favorite Jill Sobule song? That is the only Jill Sobule song that I know. But I see that she's trending.
Speaker 3: Let's see Friday, Brian, Right, mm hmm, We've gotta make sure I play the right one over here.
Speaker 13: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: It's three time Hall of Famer Brian. Now you're fresh out of bed, head to head one day champion, bringing back some stability to this game because I'm planning on being around for four more. Join me on free beer Friday when.
Speaker 8: I make a win number two bitches.
Speaker 1: All right, we don't know much about this, dude. Do you think you can beat them? Seven? One three two one two five ninety four five? It's ninety four five the buzz ninety four or five the buzz.
Speaker 3: Those are our close personal superpals Theory of a dead Man, who were phenomenal at the twentieth anniversary party last year.
Speaker 1: Six twenty seven. I hope you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 3: Scattered thunderstorms and mostly cloudy skies. About a thirty percent chance of rain during the day, seventy percent chance tonight.
Speaker 1: Don't worry. The weekend not a washout.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance on Saturday with partly cloudy skies, low eighties. Sunday twenty percent chance of rain, mostly sunny that day. So pretty good looking weekend. Let's play games, and now.
Speaker 1: Each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, listeners to your corners. Three time Hall of Famer Brian. I guess we do know a couple of things about this guy. Good morning, good morning, Good morning, sir. Welcome back to the game. You want to stick around for a couple more games?
Speaker 8: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: How does four time Hall of Famer Brian sound good? That sounds wonderful. You're four.
Speaker 3: Let's say, hey, hey, hey, let get ahead of ourselves. You have four more games to win, right, I know I brought it up, all right, you take it on.
Speaker 1: Blake. Blake hasn't been on in a long time. How long, Blake?
Speaker 8: I mean eighteen or nineteen years?
Speaker 10: Why?
Speaker 8: You know, I moved and then I had a different commute. So it's just all about timing.
Speaker 1: Rod Okay has found his way back. Are you back here now? Are you hanging out with us in the mornings or did you just come back?
Speaker 14: Eric?
Speaker 8: Yeah, now now I've been here a while, just got a new job, new commure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, glad to be back.
Speaker 3: Chilly estimated that you guys you haven't played since two thousand and six.
Speaker 1: Does that sound about right?
Speaker 8: That's right, man, that's right.
Speaker 1: I'm over forty now. So yeah, dude, all right, well those balls are just dragging on the ground now you're calling me.
Speaker 3: They used to be high, right, they were high and tight last time you played. That's right, Well, okay, your balls have changed.
Speaker 1: But the question is the silliness nothing really, it's just you shout out your name when you think you know the answer silly questions and get in before three time Hall of Famer Brian, and then we'll give you what a Rod Ryan Show T shirt which could be life changing. People have told me they put that shirt on and that's like their their wildest dreams come true. All right, Blake, welcome back, Brian. This guy is rusty af.
Speaker 3: Shout out your name again. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Now, Alex Brian, Brian playing and Blake Bride. Blake Bride Blake.
Speaker 1: You want to really want to really mess with your head? Blake. What's your last name? Bryant? Come on, Dome, do not yell out your last name? Blake? Cheese and Rice? Here we go, Come on, it's Friday. I want to go home. Just started. I know, we just started, all right, Brian and Blake. There comes your questions? What shape has three sides? Right, Brian?
Speaker 8: A triangle?
Speaker 1: It's a correct answer. It's a correct answer.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: They might be dragging on the ground. But Blake, you were close, man, you were in there. Yeah, you were in there quick.
Speaker 1: But he was just a little quicker, leading me to believe he's a little higher and tighter.
Speaker 3: Next question, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Which ice cream creamery is located?
Speaker 1: Blake? Bluebell, welcome back to the game. Yeah what uh? What ice cream creamery is located in Brenham, Texas. Blake is back in it. Good game, that's Blake, Brian Briant. Don't I know, don't do don't All right?
Speaker 3: Here we go for the wind boys, Blake, Brian Blake hasn't played since two thousand and six.
Speaker 1: Vietnam was going on. We're like, yes, here we go. There's Charlie Evan.
Speaker 3: What two player quote unquote board game involves dropping colored discs?
Speaker 1: Brian, Brian Checkers, a three time Hall of Famer, gets caught speeding blake since two thousand and six. Here's your complete question.
Speaker 3: What two player quote unquote board game involves dropping colored discs into a grid trying to get four in a row.
Speaker 8: That would be Connect four?
Speaker 10: Right? Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow, I went for the glory. I went for the score. Well, I was waiting for Alex to throw something at me. I think this is one of those things that.
Speaker 3: We argue about board game Connect four, And that's why I said, quote unquote board game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that played aid. You covered yourself the quote unquote board game. I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not a board like Jenga, not a board, but it's in the category with your board games.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, it's dirty, Ryan, it was dirty. It was dirty on you.
Speaker 3: Hey dog, I'll be back in thirty okay, Yeah, Like, don't wait like sixteen years like this, O.
Speaker 1: Guy, I ain't gonna be here, all right, Brian, You're done? Way is this?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 1: Is this the new Cinder? I mean, I can't call every game of Cinderella story.
Speaker 4: But is this the new one?
Speaker 1: Is this the upset?
Speaker 8: Hasn't it been a while since anyone's made the Hall of Fame this year. I've been listening in for a week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's there's been a lot of turnover, a lot of turnover.
Speaker 1: Maybe you'll be the guy you want to play on Monday.
Speaker 2: I sure do.
Speaker 3: Okay, awesome having you back on after all these years. You do get the invitation to join us all next week? You can play four more days, add on to your prizes, all of that good stuff.
Speaker 1: Hang on, my man, I gotta get a victory speech. What a game.
Speaker 10: You're listening to the Rod Ryan Show on ninety four or five the bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the buzz Pod. My man Chili is rocking out. That's one of his all time favorites.
Speaker 3: There, of course, gonna be performing at Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty fourth. Tickets available Ticketmaster locations, win them from us.
Speaker 1: I'll have a pair of tickets for you at seven twenty this morning.
Speaker 4: I have eight pairs of tickets tonight I Cactus Cove, thirty two to thirty three West eleventh Street.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, I was just talking and call on me chimed in go ahead. I was saying, I have eight pairs of by Fast tickets. If you'd like to win it for me tonight, just come hang out with me. I have a drink.
Speaker 10: Ooh.
Speaker 1: Rod thinks he's cool with that one pair. Guess what?
Speaker 10: I have?
Speaker 1: Eight pairs? Eight pairs? All right?
Speaker 4: Don't ever give you pairs of Busfest tickets to give away, and now I get to give away eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, act like you've been there before. Crazy.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're gonna be a little too over excited to be out on a Fridays What you should be excited for. I'm sure Wifey's got the kid, Alex has a Friday night off.
Speaker 4: Oh geezh okay, Daddy's got the house to go self this weekend.
Speaker 1: Hey, could you do me a favor? What's up? I left a jacket there and a bag Valentine's Day past Gunner, and Gunner's been holding onto it to me ever since I just cleaned out one of my closets, and I'm like, we'd rather a jacket Valentine's Day? Okay, Yeah, I'll get it for under Day. It's like a faux leather jacket. Yeah, he's got it. If it fits me better, I might keep that. I don't know what Jack you're talking about, right, it might be a little big on on you, bro. Hey, bring that dude champion a fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion. What a game today?
Speaker 14: Man, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 12: This is Blake.
Speaker 2: I haven't been on this game since two thousand and six. And guess what, I just kicked a little lass getting rid of a three time Hall of Famer. I'm calling that the upset of the year. I am your fresh freshet. Let me start over. So I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion. Join me on Monday when I make it win number two bitches?
Speaker 1: How about that two thousand and six?
Speaker 3: He sounds happy too, like justok like off the air, He's like, dude, I can't believe my mo on, and that's awesome.
Speaker 1: What a game today? Okay?
Speaker 3: Fun fact flash Back is gonna get the modest, modest mouse flaming Lips tickets.
Speaker 1: But I brought in some new stuff for you today.
Speaker 15: It's got fuck that's of the day. We make you look smart and funny here, buddy, it's the fuck that's to the.
Speaker 1: Day, Alex horse racing this weekend and Tucky Derby, Baby, thank.
Speaker 8: You, thank you.
Speaker 3: My kid was playing with the kid down the street yesterday, right, and I'm thinking, I'm all gonna be I'm just like, what are you doing this weekend? Because I want to tell him I'm going to see Pearl jam Yeah, at jazz Fast. So don't reason why asked him, Hey, what you got going on this weekend? Whatever I wanted to brag about, you know, you don't I'm going.
Speaker 1: To jazz Fast. He's like, I'm going to the Derby. Nice. I'm like, I'm not doing anything. Have fun bucket.
Speaker 3: In one hundred and fifty races, there have been three Phillies or female horses to win the Kentucky Derby, Regret in nineteen fifteen, Genuine Risk in nineteen eighty and winning Colors in nineteen eighty eight. The last time a Philly raced was in twenty ten. No Phillies will take part in tomorrow's Derby.
Speaker 1: Okay, patriarchy and the horse.
Speaker 3: Racing right, and so I always said, King Oloff, the fifth of Norway. Josh kadd competed competed in the Olympics, not just because he could. He was actually a really good sailor, and he won the gold at the nineteen twenty eight Olympics in Amsterdam.
Speaker 4: That is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta keep that water cold for Oloff. Finally, the exclamation point.
Speaker 3: Did not become a standard key on the keyboard until nineteen seventy.
Speaker 1: That's neat hell would you back then? How'd you yell at people online?
Speaker 13: We just we just penciled it in.
Speaker 1: Which do just pound the typewriter keys harder? No, that's right. This is what Hall did. Hall had to type a period, and then with the kids you could use a backspace, but the period was already there living on that piece of paper, so you can go backspace and you'd stick an apostrophe on top of it.
Speaker 16: Is that what you did?
Speaker 1: How cat? Couple of w's there? And I mean I just hit every letter. I was pissed off. Very good. It's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 15: We make you look smart in front of your body. Sits the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 3: All right, modest mouse, Flaming Lips, August twentieth, seven to one three Music Hall.
Speaker 16: It's your.
Speaker 1: Uh who didn't have a first name.
Speaker 3: His parents gave him a set of initials because they couldn't come up with the name. When he enlisted in the Air Force, they said you needed a name, so he just kind of picked one. Who am I talking about? Seven one, three, two, five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. That's the money guy right there. He looks like money. He smells like money. Hey, hey, hands off it. He is money. No touching. What do you got over there? How'd you do? On Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 9: It was a all green arrows yesterday? The Dow was up eighty three points. Kickoff this morning at forty seven hundred and fifty two. NASAC up two hundred and sixty four to seventeen thousand, seven hundred and ten. Benchmartenor Treasurer is trading at a four point two one percent in oil, stands at fifty eight dollars ninety five cents of barrow to the most actives, the big studs, Microsoft, Amazon, and Navidia, the big duds United Health, Amgen, and MRK. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll numbers on the new unemployment rate from April. Right now, futures looking pretty good. They're on the upside. Hang on to this will be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 14: That's it.
Speaker 9: I'm out here. This is Highland Manage Director with Ramon James Port for the Rod Ryne Show. From Aramony James on Sandfilly, Ben Agusta and don't forget toys, rock out with your stockout bam.
Speaker 17: Opimian's expressed of aland and not necessarily those are Raymon James and Associates. Thank come ever NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no assurance transmission.
Speaker 10: We'll continue.
Speaker 17: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. Because programs are educational and informational, Nervous on the studs of duds are based on movement as reported by.
Speaker 1: Young and I accused ninety four to five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Hey, who's on the phone. You're sure sure? Hi? Eric, Welcome to the fun Fact flashback. Yeah, this this guy that we all know didn't have any first name. His parents gave him some initials JR. I'll give you the clue.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: They couldn't think of a name, so he enlisted in the Air Force. They're like, hey, dude, you need to pick a name.
Speaker 1: He chose this name.
Speaker 14: Who's the guy, Johnny Kert, the man in black?
Speaker 3: All right, congratulations, dude, you're the winner of the fun fat flashback.
Speaker 1: You're so smart, Eric, Yeah, cool, Like heck yeah, I'm smart.
Speaker 3: Smile flaming Lips August twentieth, seven to one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: Dude, you got the tickets. Way to go, man, Thank you.
Speaker 14: Eric, appreciate it. Appreciate it, man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate you being at home. Room man. Have a great weekend. Hang on for me. Chilly's got your next Sublime ninety four to five, ninety four five the Bus, Wakey, Wakey, hands off, Snaky rod Ryan Show, Free Beer Friday. Another case of beer coming up. Thank you specs.
Speaker 3: We got mostly cloudy skies today and tonight scattered thunderstorms about a thirty percent chance, then it goes up to a seventy percent chance tonight.
Speaker 1: The rest of the weekend pretty good though.
Speaker 3: Saturday partly cloudy, ten percent chance rain, and then Sunday twenty percent chance rain, mostly sunny sky so pretty good looking weekend. That's why man Alex over there, he's got Houston's headlines. Good morning every Monday morning home room.
Speaker 4: Michael Waltz, who had been serving as the National Security Advisory is being nominated to be the US Ambassador to the UN.
Speaker 1: In the interim Secretary of State, Marco Rubio is going to.
Speaker 4: Assume the role of National Security Advisor while retaining his current position. Waltz was reportedly de person who accidentally added a journalist to a military planning chat on the app signal, and Walts's nomination is going to require Senate confirmation, where he's expected to face questions regarding the signal scandal. McDonald's reported a significant three point five percent decline yesterday and the US same store sales for the first quarter of twenty twenty five, marking its steepest drop since the COVID nineteen pandemic. The company attributes this downturn to economic uncertainty and diminished consumer sentiment, largely driven by President Trump's sweeping tariff agenda. CEO Chris Kempzinski noted that the heightened anxiety about the economy weighing on lower income American Americanism is leading to decreased in store traffic. McDonald's plans to emphasize its Mcvalue menu, extending its five dollars meal deal through twenty twenty five and introducing new items, including the Chicken Strips and Minecraft themed meal.
Speaker 1: And you're wondering, well, why are you guys focusing in on like McDonald's. You know their numbers.
Speaker 3: It's just one of those companies that's been around forever, and it's it's one of those watermarks that people will look at. You know, you could you could have easily done. Hey what did Walmart say?
Speaker 1: And what did this right?
Speaker 3: McDonald's is one of those companies you know that as they go, the country goes, you know, there's trends or z ebbs and flows, but McDonald's usually does pretty good.
Speaker 1: So that's all. That's the only reason why they were kind of singled out for that story. Now where.
Speaker 4: Penske Truck Rental released it's Fifteenthdaniel Top Moving Destinations list, revealing which cities people in the country moved to the most.
Speaker 1: In the last year.
Speaker 4: For the fourth year in a row, Houston, Texas is the number one on the list for for Texas cities.
Speaker 1: Actually, we're in the top ten. As for what's driving the moves.
Speaker 4: The research finds that eighty two percent of people consider moving as a fresh start, and within half of the people that moved say they did so to find a better sense of community.
Speaker 1: You know, it's polarizing asking people if they like that. That could be a poll question today, if they like that people are moving to Houston. I want to overtake Chicago. For some reason, I would love to be the third biggest city in America.
Speaker 3: Not everybody feels that way. They're like, no, don't come here, we have enough people. I understand that as well. For some reason, I want to overtake Chicago.
Speaker 1: They'll California, my Texas. But yeah, I know there's some of that going on.
Speaker 3: I was like that, guy, do you think it's good that we that more people are moving here than anywhere else?
Speaker 1: I do not care. Really, I think it'd be some on over guys. It's tight.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, I love Chicago. If you Chicago, I want you. I want to be the third biggest city. I want to get at Chicago. Fires dude, It's a beautiful New York LA.
Speaker 1: Houston. I want that. So gonna happen, So keep coming here. I'm gonna all right, let me craft a poll question most diversity. Let's get more diverse.
Speaker 3: I think I'm in the minority, to be honest with you when it comes to people moving.
Speaker 1: Fits for the most diverse city.
Speaker 4: He's already a father of twelve, but Nick Cannon may have plans to grow his family even more. In a move he insisted started as a joke, the masked singer host revealed that he's insured his baby making factory aka his ballbag for Big Bucks. It started last year when Cannon appeared in a commercial for Doctor Squatch announcing that he had insured his testicles for millions. Since then, he made it happen for real. Cannon says, quote, I got the insurance policy in my office.
Speaker 1: It's legit.
Speaker 4: He also noted that each testicle is insured for five million dollars and said, if I happen to lose one, all the money goes to my kids.
Speaker 1: If you're stressing about Mother's Day, can you imagine what he's doing. How stressed must you be? And many moms He's not seeing those kids, and he's taking care of all the I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, Managing one is a nightmare. Yeah, you have another one coming. You're bringing on another nightmare. He's got how many twelve twelve twelve kids?
Speaker 1: A dozen? He ain't seeing those kids. I don't care. I'm not saying he's a bad dad. You just cannot and have a career. You just pay the child' support off like all at once, right. I don't know how it works. All I'm telling you it gives me anxiety. The balls are worth ten million dollars now, yeah, that's really cool. I would tell everybody that Nick Cannon's balls are giving me anxiety right now.
Speaker 4: Walking into every room knowing that your balls are more expensive than everyone else's.
Speaker 1: Is he open to having more? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wants to grow his family. I think you got to go for twenty two. You could feel like a full like football game. That'd be pretty cool. Have you ever wondered how Bruce Springsteen got the nickname the Boss I have Alex Well, it might not be as cool as you think. It came from a time when he used to be the one in charge of paying his bandon crew, and one time one of the masked him, Hey boss, are you getting paid this week? Springsteen said that some DJ heard it insteaded using it on the radio, and then it just kind of stuck.
Speaker 1: So aod story. It's just not as like, I don't know what I thought it would be, but it wasn't that.
Speaker 3: I had no idea why they called him the boss, but somebody was like, hey boss, we're getting paid, but it is some guy heard it and.
Speaker 1: Somebody like you Bruce Springsteen and the East Street Band. So I guess he's the guy that's handed out the checks. He's with Steve van Zant, or he's splitting the money up, you know, at the end of the gig. Yeah, okay, I like it. I think it's Silvio Dante.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of stuff on the music blog page today. There's a bunch of stories. There's some really really cool stuff. But that Wolfgang van Halen song. Go see the video. Danny Trejoe is in the video. Huh Yeah, it's pretty badass.
Speaker 4: Those UST's headlines music blog pages on fire today.
Speaker 1: Shot Tonight, Rockets play the.
Speaker 4: Warriors in Game six of their first round series. It's another winner go home game for the Rockets. They are down three games to two in the series. Right now, they're five and a half point underdogs heading into this one. Tip Off is at eight o'clock and you can listen to the game on our sister station, News Radio seven forty kh.
Speaker 1: If only somebody had something going on at eight o'clock.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, I'll be at Cactus Covid at eight o'clock giving out eight pairs of Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 1: Maybe to watch the Rockets at me. I don't know. You got. If you've got no plans, maybe make those your plans for Friday night. You sound extra excited about this. I am very excited. Daddy needs to get out. I just want to give away buzz testings. That's what I like to do. I'm a nice guy. Look out people. Alex will be on the territorie. I think mama's out of town too. Yeah. In baseball, the Astros are back in action tonight. They're going to open up a weekend series with the White Sox on the road.
Speaker 4: Framber valdezby on the mountain for the Strows, going up against Chicago's Jonathan Cannon first pitches at six forty. You can hear that one over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. And in horse racing, the one and fifty first Kentucky Derby is tomorrow in Churchill Downs or at Churchill Downs in Kentucky. Journalism is the favorite to win at three to one odds. Toby Keith also has a horse named Render Judgment that'll be in the race.
Speaker 1: That's a long shot at thirty to one odds.
Speaker 4: Race is going to start at approximately five to fifty seven and you can watch it on NBC.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. The rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The buzz.
Speaker 5: Man Fday, Free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You've got a free Bam Friday. Free Bam Friday. Right Bam Friday, Right Bam Friday. Right here, Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who's this Shawna? You call her number ten?
Speaker 10: What up?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you this. I'm gonna give you the second case of your today. Congratulations.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, you're welcome. You're welcome. Where are you from? Magnolia? Magnolia? Okay, so you run the outskirts over here. When you hear that, Houston, for the third year.
Speaker 3: In a row, more people moving here than any other city in America. You like it, you're indifferent to it.
Speaker 1: You got it, don't like it, you're ecstatic about it. You like that.
Speaker 14: It's too crowded. That's why I live outside.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, Houston, take all those people. I'm gonna be out here a magnolia and feeding the cows. How close where's the nearest cow to your house?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: How many doors down you go?
Speaker 6: Two?
Speaker 14: Three?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 10: Away a subdivision?
Speaker 3: Oh you're in subdivision? Okay, all right, well listen, have an awesome weekend. You've got the second case of beer.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening. Hey, thank you, thank you so much. Hang on for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's a moving company that did that you were talking about, Penskei. Okay, I feel like we do another one throughout the year. There's another moving company Hall or it is you Haul?
Speaker 1: It is you haul?
Speaker 14: Three man and a van.
Speaker 3: Students, It's funny email Kevin, Kevin, why do you know this number one? And that's my job to know these stupid like national day days. It's like National no pants Day. Oddly enough, I have shorts on today. Un stand will call this, Oh you're wearing short pants? No, I'm wearing shorts. Uncle Stan you're wearing short pants. Where'd you get those?
Speaker 1: That sears? Robuck Kevin says it's National Brothers and Sisters Day. But she's not wrong. I see what he's doing here.
Speaker 3: He's like, what's the chances of getting a call with Randy Ryan today on the show?
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say zero.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I even have my brother's phone number. It's been a it's been a it's been a minute since I talked to Randy Ryan.
Speaker 1: We can call Aunt Sue if you want, but she's a little busy on the line at General Motors, but she has taken my call on the line before. For your kid's about to have a sibling, Yes, that's important. I think that's good that they'll have each other. That that's the only thing about having an only child. You get spoiled it.
Speaker 3: I never thought about it before, you get spoiled. But I had one person say, well, who is she going to have when you're gone. I'm like, I don't know other people, friends, there's other family members. But they thought it was very selfish of me. It was a family member. They thought it was very selfish for me to only have one kid. I'd never heard it put that way before. It's like they got to have somebody like do they wow?
Speaker 18: And this imy, but she's not gonna be able to celebrate National Brothers and Sister's Day. Yeah, I've stripped a holiday away from my child, have a sister, and I missed.
Speaker 3: All Right, Well, thank you, Kevin. I will not be calling Randy Ryan. I haven't talked to my brother in a number of years.
Speaker 1: He can call me, though, said one three two one two five would say, I don't know. Maybe he can try to get hey, dude, how you being beer? How you been for twenty five years? I don't know. He's a jerk. You're not missing out on anything, not hearing from him. He's not cool. Hard to be this cool?
Speaker 3: I mean, when you can you imagine your brother being so cool like me having to live up to that. The last time I saw him, we were out and I had I was I was home back in north Tonawanda, and it was out.
Speaker 1: My brother was at a bar.
Speaker 3: This is years ago, but I was on the radio and I saw my brother and I sent a beer back to him. He was at the pool table. He was with a friend of his. And then do you think he came up to say thanks for the beer. No, I had to go back there. This is twenty five years ago. I go back there and I'm like, hey, dude, what's up. He's like, hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: I go, well, who's your friend?
Speaker 3: He's the guy and I can tell my brother did not want to introduce me. So he introduces me and I'm like, hey man, I'm Rod. And immediately he goes and I'm not doing this as a story for me, but he looks at my brother and he goes, your brother's Rod Ryan.
Speaker 1: My brother had never told him who his brother ruin. That's it. I brought. I bought my brother a beer last time I saw him, So I'm it's his turn. John hadn't been like talking then. No, not at all, not at all. All right, Happy National Brothers and Sister's Day. Everybody. Every family's got that one weirdo. I think. I'm I think you you are the weirdo dude, for sure. I don't know your twin brother over there is pretty weird too. Happy National silings hi uh Buzzfest tickets on the flip.
Speaker 3: I'm sure Alex will shoehorn the fact that he's giving them away tonight.
Speaker 1: I am, I am, I am giving them away on the air, and.
Speaker 3: Then we'll remind you about voting for bring on Buzzfest on the flip of this break.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go.
Speaker 11: Anywhere wrong to you buy Marvel Studios. Thunderbolts now playing in theaters everywhere.
Speaker 1: Here's this rock he's.
Speaker 19: His alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody. Just like a man said ninety four or five, the buzz it's free beer Friday. SPEC's hooking us up with these beers.
Speaker 3: Two cases down, straight up at eight, straight up at nine, Chili will flip the phones. We'll get into open phones Friday. I'll tell you what this this whole seven twenty around this time.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know what we're gonna do. It sneaks up on me. Yeah, it sneaks up on me all the time. I know we got to get it to trending. But I'm having a hard time keeping my feet down time jumping just yet. Okay, I'm not that old down. I'm having a hard time keeping these nikes on the on the ground. Yeah all right, I can't wait to get them off the ground. What's tyme fors I have all the time for Shenanigains this morning. What's trending Fanny Friday? I ever heard it? Yeah? I have.
Speaker 4: That's Nally get to jump around Ariel Spring was submitted to us by listener Just Josh and you head over to the world famous Rid Ryan Show paid the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna like what she seeks. Okay, I can't wait. Jill Sobuel is also trending. Are you telling me you don't know this song? I know it because you played it earlier.
Speaker 3: Katie Perry also had a song I Kissed the Girl, and I liked it. This song was I Kissed the Girl. It's not a remake or a cover. It's just she just did a song a long time ago that didn't catch on as.
Speaker 10: Much I Kissed.
Speaker 1: I actually preferred the song Supermodel. Oh yeah, yeah, that was mad. But that's the other Jill So view, saying that because it was the only headline song that I saw. Well, I wish she was trending for better reasons. H Yeah.
Speaker 4: She passed away in a house fire at the age of sixty six. He was visiting a friend in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty tragic end. That's some sad news.
Speaker 1: It's trending r. Yeah, but she is trending all over the place this morning.
Speaker 13: What else?
Speaker 4: And then Thunderbolts is trending, you know me in moving Marvel head and people can't stop talking about the newest Marvel movie, Thunderbolts. It's got Florence Pugh who sounds like a ninety nine year old woman, David Harbor, and Sbashi Stan and David Harbor, David Habit from a Stranger Things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I've seen a lot of commercials for.
Speaker 4: This, and I guess everybody's liking it or they're talking about it at least. But that's just training on ninetified the buz.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give away Busfest tickets right now to call her ten seven one three two two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: I've only got one pair. Did you know?
Speaker 4: I actually have eight pair I'm giving away tonight at Cactus Cove, thirty thirty three West eleventh Street.
Speaker 1: If you want to hang out eight to ten watch rockets. I've never seen you more of a try hard. Let me give away bussed tickets. All right, all right, well I'm over here in the corner.
Speaker 3: I only got one pair to give away to call her ten seven to win three two win two five ninety four five.
Speaker 1: If there was only there was only something I could play while you were dialing in away. Wait there is. Okay, this is the time of the show where we jump around on Friday, Morday. I'll jump too much if you're driving this morning.
Speaker 3: But let's do this one together. Seven one three two two five. Time for the House of Pain on the buzz Come on twenty four to five bus.
Speaker 1: House of Pain, jump around. Good morning, brought Ryan Show seven twenty seven forty percent chance of rain today, seventy percent chance of rain tonight.
Speaker 3: The rest of the weekend looks pretty good man. Nothing over a ten percent chance on Saturday with PARTI Clotti.
Speaker 1: Sky's high of eighty three.
Speaker 3: Sunday twenty percent chance of rain, mostly sunny Hi of eighty four.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm a little a lot of breath from jumping. Good morning so much? Good morning. Hi. Who's this's Jordan. Let me catch my breath for a second. All right, what do you want? Oh that you want that one pair of buzz bestI it's.
Speaker 10: That I have.
Speaker 8: I'll take that one pair.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm out.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: I only have the one pair. Jeezus, if only there was a place to get more awesome. Just don't have that. I have my fingerstips right now, but I have the one pair for you. Jordan. Where you're from, I'm Explandora. Okay, have you been the buz best before?
Speaker 14: I have not?
Speaker 1: How does that happen? How does that happen?
Speaker 13: Well, in relation to your poll question, I actually moved here in twenty one and.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure about everyone else moving here. Oh okay, So to do as I say, not as I do with you. I get it. If you're one of those guys, I understand. So you moved here, and it's like, okay, Hi, I'm Jordan. I'm the last guy that's allowed to move here. Everyone else stays. Where'd you come from from?
Speaker 13: Kansas?
Speaker 1: Okay? You're liking your time in Texas so far?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, it's definitely better than the small city over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How'd you find us on the radio?
Speaker 10: Randomly scrolling through looking for rock stations?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 5: Good Man?
Speaker 3: All right, I'm glad you're part of the family now, dude, Buzzfest is it's our signature event, So you're gonna be partying with us on Saturday, May twenty fourth, out of the Woodlands.
Speaker 1: Pair of tickets. Jordan, I can't wait. I can't wait to have you out there.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: You sound like a great addition to our party. Then I'm glad you're here. Thank you. All right, no one else can move here. Jordan was the last one that's allowed to move here.
Speaker 3: Alex is doing a story one of the moving companies out there for the one, two, three, three or four years in a row. Now, Houston, I think we all kind of know this. We're the most moved to city in America. And damn it, I said I was gonna do a poll question. All right, I'll get that up. The other thing that people are talking about that I mentioned, it's National Siblings Day and uh Lauren sends.
Speaker 1: A funny email in this morning and she's like, not me and my son rolling up to school, that I am also trying to get a job at Principal opens up the car door and your free beer Friday song is cranking in the car. That crime.
Speaker 3: She's like, that timed out perfectly. Also, I too have an only child and have been called selfish. A lot of people have asked, what about what happens if I'm gone. I try not to think about that stuff because a lot of my friends have siblings. They they don't get along, so siblings doesn't always equal best friends have an awesome weekend, Lauren.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 3: I hadn't even thought about, like having one kid, and then I was told that I was selfish, So like, when I.
Speaker 4: Have this, the second one comes, so I get to just start calling the people that only have one selfish.
Speaker 1: I can be that guy's a car, I can, oh, yeah, because you got two. Yeah, you can look down. You just don't understand what's like when you have two? Yeah, you still you just don't understand. So why I'm out of Buzzfest tickets? I'm out? You're all out?
Speaker 16: Is there?
Speaker 1: Like, wonder if there was some other way people could win them? Is there if you didn't win that pair of tickets? No, Jordan was the guy. He's those Wait, No, I actually have eight pair.
Speaker 4: I was gonna give away tonight at Cactus Cove thirty three thirty three West eleventh Street, eight to ten tonight. I'm gonna watch the whole Rocket games, so they'll probably go past ten, but eight to ten when I'm giving away the tickets to every fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Mom is out of town. Don't have to you know, have baby duty tonight.
Speaker 4: He's drinking the neutrals and umbering out there. It's gonna be a party. We're gonna kick Golden States. Ask It's gonna be fine. I know you've heard of Coachella.
Speaker 3: We've talked about it before, and it is like it's the festival that gets the most shine because all the celebrities go to it. It's out in California. It's not the best festival by bar. It used to be pretty cool. When that you recognize that rock was a genre.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of stage coach? I have heard of stage that's like the big country one, Right, is it country?
Speaker 13: I think so?
Speaker 1: Is that the big country one? Yes it is. I just got a yes stage Coach.
Speaker 3: There's a fun fact that's making the rounds on social media. Stage Coach, which is like the Coachella for country, sells more alcohol in one day than both we weekends of Coachella combined.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you have to listen to country music. So that's what the flex is right now. The flex is.
Speaker 3: And then someone that even said that they bartended at both festivals.
Speaker 1: Agreed.
Speaker 3: In the comments of where these discussions are happening, they say kids drink at five pm. Cowboys start at eight o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: So they've got te pain on the bill country. Well I think they're bad. Well they're adding some things, but what what primarily are you looking at? The Lionelly? Okay? Ever heard of him? Give me, give me the meat potatoes of who's playing this? Jelly Will? That's our artist, right, but he's he's crossed over, guy claim him freed. Creta is playing stage, Creed playing dip loo, Okay, it's a DJ. Is there any country artists on this thing?
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so I know you're Zach Bryan, Luke Combs, Okay, thank you, Sammy Hagar really yeah, Lena del Rey, she's gonna be there. Came co Wetzel Shaboozi. Oh that's very country. That is he Googoo dolls.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So that's really they have opened up to a lot of other artists. But that's the drinking one. That's the drinking one.
Speaker 1: I mean Coachella. Coachella seems like it's they should just call it gummy fests, right, doesn't seem like everybody's walking around on gummies there molly fests. Maybe the doped um Yeah, maybe that's a druggies.
Speaker 3: So if you're looking to go party, if you're looking to get your drink on, you're looking to go to the festival stage, coaches the one to go to.
Speaker 1: At least let me buy your beer. When Han Solo returns to the Death Star in the Millennium Falcon and shoots down the tie fighters and saves the rebel cause, do you think he does so for a free beer?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: And why are you so interested in buying me something? What's your angle? It's free beer Friday on The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz, Shine down, Dead, don't die, Good morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: Help you up to a great start to your day. It is free beer Friday. We'll have another case of beer straight up at eight o'clock for you. Thank you, specs. I have Ghosts tickets for you next hour.
Speaker 1: That nine o'clock beer will be the fourth and final case, and then we'll flip it over to open Phones Friday. What do you guys? I mean you better come in hot today. Come in hot today. On open phones Friday. What do you guys want to talk about anything? Ghost?
Speaker 3: You want to give a little cheap little plug, little Plugola. You got a business, you can get your band in there. Vans Bring on Buzzfest sponsored by Love Street Blonde. Voting ends today at noon. Have you done the due diligence?
Speaker 1: Have you gone in there? I like just saying due diligence? Have you gone in and voted for the bands?
Speaker 10: Yet?
Speaker 1: There's about thirty five, thirty six bands that you have to tell us.
Speaker 3: Who's your favorite, who's the best? Who deserves to be on that main stage? With the likes of Chevelle, Marilyn Manson Blue October, I mean, let's not leave anybody out Pod Evans, Blue Stabbing, Westward in Sleep Theory. Tickets on sale now at ticketmaster dot com. I heard there's some free ones out there tonight, and I'm doing it all right. Listen, you've already exceeded the budget.
Speaker 1: Look, hey, I want him to have me out again? Man, all right, give me gigs. What time are you out at Cactus Cooke eight to ten. I'll be there a little bit before. I want to be there for the Star of the Rockets game.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna stay until the end of the Rockets game unless we're getting blown out and I'm met, and then I leave it.
Speaker 1: Ten.
Speaker 3: Florence Pugh, Pugh Pew, Florence Pugh, Uh, not a dude, Julie Alex. Florence Peugh is not a ninety year old woman.
Speaker 1: I didn't say she was a ninet year old woman.
Speaker 4: I said Florence Peugh sounds like the name of someone's ninety year old grandmother.
Speaker 1: It's like she's twenty nine. I don't know Florence Pew. I know the name. It does sound like an old lady's name. All right, thank you. Not a dude.
Speaker 4: Florence Pugh plays Backgan with Gladys at the Old People's.
Speaker 1: Home and maud Alex, what is raw dogging?
Speaker 4: Mom?
Speaker 1: Do you not the kind that you you know, you've got another kid on the way. What's the other? What's the what's wait? What's the the viral term raw dogging?
Speaker 4: So I think it started with like raw dogging a flight and that was like Putty from Seinfeld where he just stares at the back of this seat in front of him. Well the whole time that wasn't called that then, but people were just like, oh, I'm not using I'm not listening to any music, I'm not reading. Yeah, I'm not watching a movie. I'm just raw dog in this flight and just sitting there and just doing nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the whole raw dogging thing came out.
Speaker 3: And then they went back and like almost going to get a receipt, and they saw an episode of Seinfeld where he was doing that, and then they said it was.
Speaker 4: Like when new people, when kids on TikTok I invented this new Thing's like no, no, no, no, no, no no, yeah, putty.
Speaker 3: Putty from Seinfeld invented it. Now they're barebacking. This is uh just I think it's the same thing.
Speaker 1: So same thing.
Speaker 3: No phone, no video games, no even like not even old school books or newspapers or mags. Okay, barebacking, and this is now on a train or a subway.
Speaker 1: It's just the same thing. It's called just call it the same name. I knew that you would embrace this. I'm not going to it's a little psycho though, right, Like, Okay, if you see.
Speaker 4: You just were flying, did you see anybody that was doing absolutely nothing? And I don't count sleeping because sleeping is like, that's time traveling.
Speaker 1: I did absolutely nothing. You just stared at the seat in front of you and didn't do anything.
Speaker 4: You didn't have any music in, you didn't watch anything, you didn't read anything.
Speaker 1: My chick wanted to talk. I'm like, okay, that's that's talking. I don't want to do that. That's different. That's activity. I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I told London, we're flying to New Orleans. It's a fifty five minute flight. I said, I'm not downloading Bluey, like, we're not watching it's a I go. You can color, like, bring a coloring book, bring your crayons or whatever you want to do. I go, I'm not doing the I'm not doing the tablet thing for a flight to New Orleans. A couple episodes Bluey, Nope, she seen everyone. Okay, I was watching the Pizza on yesterday. It's great, all right. Well, if you're on a if you're on a train or a subway and you're still raw Dog, you're not using any tech or entertaining entertainment.
Speaker 1: You're bear backing. Now, it's not raw Dodgs. You're on the bear. You're on the back of the bear. Hou Student's Rocking Alternatives A rod.
Speaker 10: Ryan The Morning Show six am, ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Bring it to Me ninety four or five. Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 3: Dangerously close to another case of beer coming your way straight up at eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: Thank you Specs.
Speaker 3: Two cases left on free beer Friday. Ghost tickets coming your way next hour. Ghost is playing August sixteenth at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: We got tickets for you.
Speaker 3: Got a ten percent chance of rain today mostly cloudy's put some scattered thunderstorms, and then seventy percent chance of showers tonight. Rest of the weekend.
Speaker 1: You're fine, So just your your big chance of rain is coming today, Alex rod What do you even do over there? I do stuff? What did you do over there? Things?
Speaker 8: Stea uh.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you about something that I saw on our Instagram yesterday. Maybe after eight o'clock, I can ask you what you.
Speaker 1: Sure can, Buddy, I'm gonna open the buck, you know me.
Speaker 3: I feel I recognize your sneakers, your your your footwear. I recognized your feet in a picture that was on Instagram, and I recognized Chili's feet, my feet, and there was an extra set of feet in.
Speaker 1: There that was interesting. I'm going to ask you.
Speaker 3: There's something interesting one on our Instagram yesterday at rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Go check it out.
Speaker 3: I'll ask now if he can explain anything to me. Oh Houston's headlines please Well.
Speaker 1: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: Michael Waltz, who had been serving as the National Security Advisor, is being nominated to be the US Ambassador to the U inn In the interim Secretary of State Marco Rubio is going to assume the role of National Security Advisor while retaining his current position. Walt has was reported that the person who accidentally added a journalist to a military planning chat on the app signal and Walt's nomination is going to acquire Senate come information, where he's expected to face questions regarding the signal scandal. An outline of President Trump's budget request is reportedly going to be released today. Administration officials said the skinny budget will give House lawmakers guidance on the appropriations process for the next fiscal year, which begins in October. Congress has to approve a dozen bills to fund the government, and the House Appropriations Committee wants to approve all twelve bills before the August recess. The head of the committee Republican Tom Cole says, quote, you're looking at a government shutdown if we can't move these bills.
Speaker 1: Wedding season is coming.
Speaker 4: Up, and according to a new report, the average single person should expect to spend four hundred and sixty one dollars to attend a wedding.
Speaker 1: For a couple, that's about five hundred and fifty dollars. What do you about a new suit every time you go out? I mean, guys, pick yourself up a cheap suit and wear it to alter one good suit and that's it. Like I have one suit. Yeah, I get it. If you're if you're using if you're factoring the cost of picking up a suit, boom. But if you if you're going to multiple weddings, you're saying the average person has two a year.
Speaker 3: We're not in the wedding. Yeah, like you need to buy new stuff. Guys have it pretty easy. Okay, you got the sport coat.
Speaker 1: And they had one pair of dress shoes since I was like twenty years old. I get it. Chicks have it worse. I got married in them. They do everything with The chicks.
Speaker 3: Think they have it worse because they refuse to be photographed in the same thing twice so they think they have it worse.
Speaker 1: We don't care. We got photoshop, ladies.
Speaker 3: You can change the color of those dresses and photo where we get off pretty good on this deal. Is all you got to do is just throwing a different tie and you look like you got a whole new thing. Yeah, you know, like that tie makes the whole thing look like, Oh, I've never seen that before, and you thanks to a bowler on because you haven't.
Speaker 1: I just put it. Yeah, you and your bolo ties are weird.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't really know how to tie tie without watching the YouTube video, and sometimes I'm cramped for time, So grow up, Peter Pan No, you see my job, all right. It's not going to court very many times. A woman's outfit that they cost about three fourteen and the estimated travel is eighty dollars a person. Accommodations are one hundred and forty five dollars, and a wedding gift is about one fifty.
Speaker 1: It's even more expensive if you're in the wedding.
Speaker 4: A single member of a bridle or groom party can expect to pay about twenty one hundred dollars to attend both the wedding and the bachelor or bachelorette parties. And if it's your wedding, you should expect it to cost about two hundred and thirty two dollars a guest. The average wedding has about one hundred and fifteen guests, which posts a total to about twenty six thousand dollars. The average American is expected to attend about two weddings a year.
Speaker 1: Okay, how do you feel about that one fifty wedding presence? I agreat that is? How do you feel about it?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always try to spend one hundred at least.
Speaker 3: You're tough when it comes to money things. You don't like to be told what to do. You don't like to be told what the norm is. I wanted to know one fifty for you? Is that outrageous?
Speaker 1: No, it's a wedding gifts. Yeah it is, That's what it came.
Speaker 4: I also like doing the because there's always the cheap stuff that like, oh, we wanted these bins or whatever for our house, so you like buy seven things at ad up psycho hund twenty dollars and you're like, look, Alex got us all of these gifts, but they were the cheaper gifts, but they added up.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows every seas through your little Yeah.
Speaker 4: But when Alex gets you eight gifts and then Rod gets you one fancy gift, like you give him some platter like Ice gave you more things, Nobody opens up their drawers says, you know what Alex got us?
Speaker 1: All these utensils ay night, it's like thirty dollars worth of crep in there.
Speaker 4: My friend Kurt got me a like it's a whiteboard calendar that we fill out every every month, and I'm always.
Speaker 1: Like, Curtis gave us this. That was cool. Thirty bucks. Yeah, it was a very cheap one. But I always think of Kurt when I do that. Cheap son of a bitch the Bill Belichick.
Speaker 4: Jordan Jordan Hudson's story is getting more and more interesting. The legendary football coach was expected to be a focal point for the HBO series Hard Knocks during his tenure at North Carolina this year. That is, until his girlfriend, Jordaan, wanted the title of executive producer and wanted to see dailies of the proposed show, and allegedly told execs that she wanted to be treated with respector that they would not.
Speaker 1: Get to use Belichick's IP. I'm not calling her Jordaan, I'm not it's spelled j o R d o in. I'm calling her that. It's like that, Jusse Smolette. I'm not calling you. I don't care.
Speaker 4: That was pretty much the end of the of the Belichick time with Hard Diykes because the series just walked away from them after that, so she she effectively killed Hard Knocks.
Speaker 3: Jordan did, I'm kind of I'm not saying it. I'm I'm kind of following this because I think it's interesting. I saw Charles Barkley with a quote and he said he's known Bill Belichick forever, and now he said, I think I'm gonna have to give this guy a call. I've known him forever, since he was coaching in Cleveland. Barkley has known him. He says, I think I need to call him to check on him, like a welfare check on an old person.
Speaker 1: I don't know, do you like, let him have fun?
Speaker 4: Man, he's grinding out in the NFL forever like he found like a young little Philly.
Speaker 1: Let him have some fun with it. Who cares she's got a little she's a little high maintenance. Maybe Yoko Ono's got nothing on this.
Speaker 4: Jordaan, you don't tell Jordan which is a strong independent woman that just needs.
Speaker 3: The Belichick she used to be put in and a lot of power. Okay, destroyed, greatest coach of all time. She's not destroying anybody. It's gonna get saved, all right.
Speaker 1: What else? Listen? Wait, wait, wait, listen. Yeah, wolf he is not running away from who his dad is on this song at all. He's saying, you know who my dad is. My dad used to do stuff like this. Now I'm going to do stuff like this. It's really carrying the torch of his old man on this song. And there's like zombies and werewolves and monsters in the video. The video is awesome too, Danny Trejos in the video. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wolfgang van Halen's released the lead single from his band mammoths upcoming third studio album.
Speaker 1: It's titled The End.
Speaker 4: That's what we're listening to right now, and it shows Van Halen's signature guitar work like we just heard. Mammoth also announced The End Tour. It's a US headlining run. It's going to start on October thirty, first and go through December seventh. Tickets are going to go on sale for the tour for the public May ninth, next Friday.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston's headlines. I love this guy that hey rocks what and that's him. Dave's rolling at too, like doing all the instruments.
Speaker 5: And do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what he's done for all the album is that he's crazy like that. Let's go all right.
Speaker 4: Tonight, the Rockets play the Warriors in Game six of their first round series. It's another winner, go home game for the Rockets. They're down three games to two in the series. They are five and a half point underdogs heading into tonight's game. Tip Off is gonna be at eight o'clock and you can listen to the game on our sister station, News Radio seven forty k t RH.
Speaker 1: In baseball, Astros are gonna be back in action tonight. They're gonna open up a weekend series with the White Sox.
Speaker 4: Frame Valdez will be on the mount for the Stros, going up against Chicago's Jonathan Cannon. First pitch is at six forty and you can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. And in horse racing, the one hundred and fifty first Kentucky Derby is tomorrow at Churchill Downs in Kentucky. Journalism is the favorite to win the race at three to one odds. Toby Keith all so as a horse named Render Judgment that'll be in the race the long shot, but thirty to one odds will pay out pretty well.
Speaker 1: If it comes through.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 1: Jadie the truck driver sent me a fun fact.
Speaker 4: All of the horses and tomorrow's Kentucky Derby are descendants of Secretariats. Really yeah, but I also feel like secretariats like Genghis Khan, like Secretariat was the greatest horse to ever live, maybe the greatest athlete of all time.
Speaker 3: But like they all came from that dude on the Mayflower that almost fell over. Yeah, like we did, we just did that fun fact.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like they for like forty horses at least maybe more in America are somehow secretary At descendants. Now that it's all they kind of been mixed together. And no chicks, no chicks, no chick, no no phillies, horse hillies.
Speaker 1: A race is gonna start approximately five fifty seven and you can watch it on NBC. That what's going on in sports.
Speaker 12: Rock and Alternative for The rod Ryan Marning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 10: The Buzz.
Speaker 5: Friday, Bam Friday, you got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. Free Bam Friday. Right, Bam Friday, Bam Friday. Here we go, free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 8: This is Kristin.
Speaker 1: Kristen. Are you wearing pants?
Speaker 10: I hope?
Speaker 14: So I'm driving my kids to school.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's no pants day today. I think you could, like, I think maybe you have a squirt on there, the combination of the skirt and shorts. Maybe you have a short yeah? Yeah, so wait, so you're not wearing pants?
Speaker 14: Not no, not pants, just short.
Speaker 1: Yes, so you're recognizing the day. It's no pants day today. National I'm not. I'm not wearing pants. I don't mind saying that in front of your kids. I got shorts on today. You're driving the kids to school?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was taking a little one to school. They have a fun day to day, so we're excited.
Speaker 1: My kid's not in school today.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what the day is. There's so many days off, it's crazy. Hey, you got the beer Kristin your caller number ten.
Speaker 10: I I'm excited, thank you, I'm excited for you.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Thank you so much, Thank you so much. Have a great weekend. Okay to hang on for me. See she's not wearing pants. I'm not wearing pants today. There's no pants day.
Speaker 3: If I'm not wearing pants, it means I woke up late, and I woke up late today. That's why I'm not wearing pants. It was the first thing I grabbed.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 3: Is your twin brother wearing pants today? You can't see from here because he's behind the counter.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because yead he ranted the Big Boss a couple of weeks ago, and he called him out for wearing shorts, and I feel like he's done pants since. Let me be clear, you're allowed to wear short.
Speaker 3: He's always like, oh, nice legs, this guy wear pants. Is Chili wearing pants today? Your twin brother? Is he wearing pantalones? I'm just gonna say, no, Chili. I'm saying that you it's Friday. He might stop off, he might have a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Speaker 5: I don't think I'm stopping today because I gotta make it to my boy Alex's spot tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and you already sound like you either swallowed a frog or I accused him of having him a couple of beers yesterday.
Speaker 16: Chili.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say that you do have pants on today for a million dollars. You say no, I say yes, you're wearing pants today.
Speaker 1: I am not. I'm wearing shorts. Damn it.
Speaker 4: I know it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know his body, Chile. Hold on, let me see if you can see my legs. Oh chat, that's why you go to the peeps, gentlemen. That was my third. That was my third. You sure that you're going to see you twin tonight? Yeah, that's my goal. That's why I don't want to stop anywhere.
Speaker 5: I want to go home, nap, get well risted, so I can just be over there watching the Rockets game with them.
Speaker 3: Because I like Siamese, can join twins pretty much everywhere together, join that they hit. Okay, Cactus Cove tonight, thirty two thirty three West eleventh Street.
Speaker 1: Eight to ten.
Speaker 4: I'll be there before so I can have a nice seat for the Rockets game to start, and.
Speaker 1: Then I'm a stay until's over.
Speaker 3: Unless're getting played out wrapping up our poll question from yesterday. I was very surprised at this. My question was what's a better Saturday night? Almost forty percent of our audience said family night at home. Given the options that I gave, twenty four percent of you said staying in with friends, twenty three percent a night in alone. Only twelve percent of our audience said a better Saturday night was going out. I'm telling you right now, I'm telling them if my head was sewn to the carpet, wouldn't be more surprised. I cannot believe that how few people said that's their Saturday night going out.
Speaker 1: Friday night is the night night to Texas. Wait to bring it around. Brody Care's advice best. It's got a one track mind over here. Oh look at me, Look at me.
Speaker 19: I'm out.
Speaker 4: OK.
Speaker 1: They want me to go out there. I'm gonna wrap hard on the flip, gonna rerec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and we'll get your tickets to.
Speaker 11: Goat Drawn to you by Marvel Studios. Thunderbolts now playing in theaters everywhere of us, Rock and all tearing very soon.
Speaker 10: The Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody, Rod Ryan Show. Free Beer Friday. Oh and then there was one one case of beer left. We'll get to it straight up at nine o'clock. I have ghost tickets coming up for you in just a little bit. You can't wait for open Phones Friday. You guys get the whole last hour. Man, what do you want to talk about? All right, I'm gonna throw it over to Alex's track. Oh, lait a minute?
Speaker 10: What what?
Speaker 1: What is happening? Emergency pole question? Okay, something that you I believe you're talking about it in Houston's headlines. So I just put it up for the fourth year in a row. Houston is the city that people are moving to most. Is it a good thing? Yes? More the merrier, No, we've got enough, or you're not sure?
Speaker 3: I just put it up low votes, but overwhelmingly eighty one percent of people. I'm not surprised eighty one percent of people early on in the pole question, that's enough people here. I like seeing that number. I told you this morning when I saw it, I didn't know that May was like national moving month. So it's peak moving season right now.
Speaker 1: Penske Trucks, they've been doing this for fifteen years for four years in a row.
Speaker 3: We are the city that people are moving to most. I like it because I want to be the third biggest city in America. I don't know why that means something to me. I like that I want to overtake Chicago, which we are eventually. I just want it to happen sooner than yeah, so you can brag about it. I like the fact that people are coming here more than Merrier.
Speaker 1: I'm that guy. Only seven percent of our audience think that. So that's a pole question. That's kind of trending. People are jumping on that immediately. What else you got, ah, Fanny Friday, I ever heard of it?
Speaker 4: Still trending right Ariel Spring is submitted by just Josh crushing it at the Robsennis Rod Riding showpage at the buzz dot com. So we go check her out if you haven't already. And then Kentucky Derby is trending. People are talking about tomorrow's one hundred and fifty first Kentucky Derby, looking up their mint julip recipes, looking at who they should bet on.
Speaker 1: Looking up all the cool horse names that they got out there.
Speaker 3: I gotta say that mint julip is pretty gd refreshing. If it's done right, it's a pretty good drink.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I'm gonna make a couple of those tomorrow. I'm gonna seek one out. Yeah, I gotta seek on oky Woodbird Reserve on the way home. It's whiskey based, right, yes, Okay, urban based, that's what's going on. That's what's trending on night pro by the buzz. Don't come out with your whiskey burd Okay, Kentucky bourbon, right, that's York day. The Kentucky does listen if I want to, if I want.
Speaker 4: A dissertation about barrels, I just I'll want to send you the emails.
Speaker 1: I don't want to even you the email. I'm on your side. I'm on your side. Well, actually it's been aged nine years. It was Agedourbon's run Burbon.
Speaker 3: There's only where the Mounty where you can get bourbon. Shut up with your whiskey knowledge. We just pissed off a million people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't hear the angry typing right now.
Speaker 3: Actually, come on, I got ghost tickets August sixteenth, Toyota Center. I'll take caller ten seven one three two five.
Speaker 21: Rod Ryan show, the bus here ninety four or five, the bus, Alien and farm Smooth Criminal rod Ryan Show premier Friday, about thirty minutes away from the fourth and final case, and then open phones.
Speaker 1: You guys get to run the show for the whole last hour. Thirty percent chance of rain today, scattered thunderstorms cloudies, guys, and then tonight seventy percent chance of isolated thunderstorms. That's okay, it's an indoor outdoor situation.
Speaker 3: There's plenty of covered drinking space at Cactus Cove. I know you were gonna shoehorn your gig in there somehow, so I'll just do it for you.
Speaker 1: Eight parents of blessed fist tickets, guys, okay, ten minutes. Why would you not want? Why did you not want to go down there? That's why I don't leave the door open that often for you trying to be a company guy.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of rain tomorrow, twenty percent chance on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Let me give you all these tickets. Leave this person hanging too long. Good morning, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Hi. Who's this Ernie?
Speaker 10: Ernie?
Speaker 1: Your colored ten? Come on?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh man, heck yeah, heck yeah, Ernie.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get you to the Ghost Show August sixteenth, Toyota Center.
Speaker 10: Okay, oh man, this sounds good. Man, I've got to take some t work.
Speaker 1: Man, he's off to work this morning. What where do you live, Ernie, I live in Baytown? Are you born and raised here? Uh No, it's how I'm born. A conversation, but I've lived in the last couple of years. Okay, what do you think? What what's your take on this? I have an emergency poll question this morning. I kind of looking for some quick action on this.
Speaker 3: Houston is the city that people are moving to most. Now that's Houston and the surrounding areas.
Speaker 1: So you're in this Baytown, You're all included, Sugarland, Pearland, It's all of you. Houston, the area is the city that people are moving to most for a fourth straight year. Is it a good thing?
Speaker 10: Or is?
Speaker 1: Do we have enough people here? The more the barrier, man, bro, we can hang, you and me can hang. There's a lot of people.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, I'll be honest with you, eighty six percent of our audience says, enough's enough with the people. Okay, I had enough of you. Okay, I already can't get my ass into work on time.
Speaker 10: That'd be down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we're gonna overtake Chicago soon. We'll be the third biggest city in America. I like this, sound like it's got a nice ring to it. Ernie, Yes, sir, Yeah, most people don't want that. That's enough with the people, all right, Ernie, thanks man, have a great weekend. All right you two, sir, Thank you brother, great job today on the show. Are you reading the comments? I'm not. I don't read the comments on Instagram. I love it. Here's what I do. I don't know who it was.
Speaker 3: It was some you know, radio professional, and I heard on their show they said, you know what, read four or five comments if you like it, boom get out. I looked at the comments yesterday, about four or five of them, and for the most part, people seem to be very, very excited. Now what am I talking about Instagram at Rob Ryan's show?
Speaker 1: Ever heard of it?
Speaker 22: I have?
Speaker 1: I'm out here slaving over a.
Speaker 3: Hot mic every day begging you to follow us, like and comment and do all that stuff on our social media.
Speaker 1: I feel silly doing it.
Speaker 3: Please just do it already and I won't have to talk about it at rod Ryan Show on Instagram.
Speaker 1: A picture went up yesterday. Mm hm, and you know what a foot guy I am? Your obsessive feet not my suggestion? Who suggested that? Huh, you wasn't me?
Speaker 10: Was it you?
Speaker 1: I am not a foot guy. Isn't Chili? Was it Wizard?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: Was it the other one? Was the other one?
Speaker 10: It was?
Speaker 1: Okay, there are three sets of feet on this show right now. There are four sets of feet in the picture, and I don't think any of them are Wizard's feet.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: No, it's a pair of boots. You know what a boot guy I am. Although the guys at Republic have offered to make me a custom pair of boots, I'm gonna get over there. I'm gonna get a pair of Those guys are the coolest to hang out with. So anyways, I don't want to get sidetracked here. You've read the comments. Is it good? Is it bad? There's a there's a an extra set of boots.
Speaker 3: Well, there's three pair of what I call sneakers you can tennis shoes, and then there's a and there's some s kickers in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would say they're mostly excited, okay, mostly positive.
Speaker 3: Monday I'm just gonna tell you Monday. Monday, Monday, listen to Sinkle Demayo. Oh good, So we're celebrating a holiday, so it's it's Sinkle Demayo. We're going to kick off our game with mister Adler. You guys all know we played the Texas Hammer Game game on Mondays. But we're going to start our game that we play only play once a year.
Speaker 1: Risk it the Biscuit.
Speaker 3: Yes, so you got a chance to win some cash That starts on Monday. We're gonna play all week at seven twenty. Somebody's gonna get a chance to win some cash, and then there will be a new cast member of The Rod Ryan Show on Monday Show.
Speaker 1: Yes, on Monday Show. Just be us, not just And there's feet not just three.
Speaker 3: There's feet on our Instagram, so a lot of people trying to figure out whose feet those.
Speaker 1: I had one person I pay money.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, okay, let me get I gotta get I'm gonna make sure that I read it right. I had a text, so it's from a friend.
Speaker 1: Hang on, let me pull it up.
Speaker 8: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Did I show you this up? You did?
Speaker 22: Not?
Speaker 1: Okay, you can read it on the air, not who it's from, but just read the text, not me confirming whose boots were in the teaser pick. And then she sent me a picture of boots from another picture. Oh dude, said digging. If there's one thing that chicks love to do is be online detectives. Yeah, and I have somebody that has my phone number confirm cracked the boots. I had a couple of texts asking Yeah. I was like, I have no idea what you're talking about. When when you.
Speaker 3: See that meme of like the girls looking on the internet trying to solve a crime or whatever, it's real.
Speaker 1: Cats. It's by the boots. Somebody that I know found those boots on the Internet and thinks they know who that is. Would they may? I'll never Monday, I'll tell you I have to find out. I won't you Monday. A new era of The rod Ryan Show. I hope you guys tune in. I'm excited The rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety four, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. On this free Beer Friday, Ooh, we're close. We're close. We're close.
Speaker 3: Twenty minutes from that last case of beer for you and then it's open phones.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to talk to you even more than we already are you guys take over the show. What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 3: I'm going to get an event, you know, like if you had, let's just say you had an event on Friday night, you could call this radio station and you could get that information out there.
Speaker 1: Although Alex may actually block you if you try, if you try to talk about anything else going on tonight a Saturday week but not ten to night. Actually, I do have gigs next week too, so we'll keep to that. You met Los Magnificos. We did. He came to he gave me the coffee cookoff and I me and chili. He just sent me an email. He's all for us. People moving here my pole. He's talking about it, the pole question. Houston is the city that people are moving to most for a fourth straight year. Is it a good thing? I voted? I say yeah, more than Merrier, and I want to take I want.
Speaker 3: To overtake Chicago. Eleven percent of our audience says yeah, bring them. Eighty five percent of our audience it's enough. It's people that are out there on the.
Speaker 1: Roads right now that are like, oh yeah, are you kidding me? Rot you want more people on the roads.
Speaker 3: So Los Magnificos says, yeah, let's overtake Chicago. And then he says, so, listening to the show this morning, you're telling me you've had a mint, jewelip and never a margarita.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, insanity, that's true.
Speaker 4: This is Houston, Texas, and I'm so excited about living in Houston.
Speaker 1: I mean a certain it's coming up Monday, Pop my margarita cherry. Maybe yeah, maybe not. I think we do.
Speaker 3: Maybe go after yourself? No, sorry, that was my That was my Mark Wahlberg from the From the Departed.
Speaker 1: Maybe I am, Maybe I'm not. Maybe you should go after yourself.
Speaker 3: I know it doesn't carry the same way. It's just it's one of the greatest Mark Wahlberg lines of all time. I'm being led to believe that May is a is a great time to get good deals.
Speaker 1: I'm buying things and every month is supposedly like the best month to get stopped. But they say retailers are going earlier this month.
Speaker 3: We all know that there's so many like mattress things and like outdoor grills and everything. It's attached to memorial Day weekend. You know what they're saying is and there might be some great deals out there. I don't know if you guys are gonna if you have if you can go shop this weekend. But Memorial Day, Memorial Day weekends, we all know it's one of the best times to go and get patio furniture and.
Speaker 1: Grills.
Speaker 3: But now's the time you start watching prices beyond Memorial Day. May just they said in general, right now everyone is starving for your business major appliances. One of the best times of the year to buy big appliances. Thank you Best Buy for putting this out. They did not put this out, Okay, refrigerators, dishwashers, washers, dryers, everything they say look in May. If you're thinking of making a move on this stuff, May is a good month to look at this. Mattresses May, I've always kind of felt that the whole month. I always felt like there's always a deal on a mattress at all times. But grills and grilling gear, you don't have to wait until Memorial Day weekend. There's stuff going on everywhere right now. And then furniture that's over here, you've brought her.
Speaker 1: I don't know that that plays.
Speaker 3: I don't know that that's the same, but okay, furniture, indoor outdoor, outdoor storage solutions, fitness trackers, home improvement supply.
Speaker 1: It's everything. What what didn't I say avocados? Just not the tariffs. It's a great time to buy everything in the month of Mary.
Speaker 4: I bet June they're gonna say, it's also a great month to buy everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then July write it down. We'll do this same bit on June second, where.
Speaker 3: They're going to talk about all the great deals in June. It's basically everything on shelves.
Speaker 6: Rock and.
Speaker 10: Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten.
Speaker 1: Am, NY four or five the bus, Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Help you off to a great start to you of day. Thank you guys. I'm ready to hear from you. I'm ready to hear from you. I've got a the fourth and final case of beer, thank you, specs to give to you. And then boom, let's flip these phones around and let's get your rolling on open phones. Friday. Uh, you got one more headline?
Speaker 21: Is this it for me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: That's it?
Speaker 1: Sign it off headlines? You got one more hour?
Speaker 4: Well I said that, Well no, but this is my last Newston's headline, it is what do you got.
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: Michael Waltz, who had been serving as National Security Advisor, is being nominated to be the US Ambassador to the UN and the Interim Secretary of State, Marco Rubiolil Marco will be assuming the role of National Security Advisor while retaining his current position. Waltz was reportedly the person who accidentally added a journalist to a military planning chat on the app signal. Walt's nomination is going to require Senate confirmation, where he is expected to face questions regarding the signal scandal. McDonald's reported a significant three point five percent decline yesterday in the US same store sales for the first quarter of twenty twenty five market. It's steepest drop since the COVID nineteen pandemic. The company attributes this downturn to economic uncertainty and diminished consumer sentiment, largely driven by President Trump's sweeping tariff agenda. CEO Chris Kemshitski kim Sha Szhinski noted that he heightened anxiety, or the heightened anxiety about the economy winging on lower income Americanism led to decreased in store traffic. McDonald's plans to emphasize its make Value menu, extending its five dollars meal deal through twenty twenty five and introducing new items, including the Chicken Strips and a Minecraft themed meal.
Speaker 1: Penske Truck Rental release its fifteenth ANNEL Top.
Speaker 4: Moving Designation's list, revealing which cities people in the country moved to the most in the last year. For the fourth year in a row, Houston, Texas is number one on the list. For Texas cities actually were in the top ten. San Antonio was number three, Dallas was four, in Austin was number nine.
Speaker 1: I had to do an emergency point did do?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How's that going?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was forced.
Speaker 3: I was forced to do a poll question on this because I realized that another one of those weird things that not everybody thinks like me.
Speaker 1: Would I always find weird. I think this is cool. I like it too.
Speaker 3: I want people coming here. I want to overtake Chicago. I want to be the third biggest city in America.
Speaker 1: Just don't like move by me. Houston the city that people are moving to most for a fourth straight year. My question, is this a good thing? Seventy eight percent of our audience, No, we have enough people here. That's people that are driving into work this morning.
Speaker 3: Fourteen percent say yes, the more the merrier, and about eight percent of our audience just not really sure how to process that.
Speaker 1: So not sure. Maybe they don't care. I don't know, but most people, uh huh, we don't want more people here. I'm not like that very xenophobic, because I'm not from here too. It's so I'm coming at this from a different attitude of somebody that's maybe born and raised. That's true. If you like it so much, why don't a lot of other people like it too? I remember ten. It was a two lane highway. I used to ride my bike on I ten. I'll piled both ways, rode my Model T. There was no Katy. It was just a Rice Field all right, poll question on the X at Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: What else, Well, He's already a father of twelve, but Nick Cannon may have plans to grow his family even more. In a move that he insists started as a joke, the Master Singer host revealed that he has now insured his baby making factory Aka's ball Bag for Big Bucks. It started last year when Cannon ballback appeared in a commercial for Doctor squatdch announcing that he'd insured his testicles for millions. Since then he made it happen for real, Cannon says, quote, I got the insurance policy in my office.
Speaker 1: It's legit.
Speaker 4: He also noted that each testicle is insured for five million dollars and said that if he happens to lose one, all of the money.
Speaker 1: Will go to his kids. Ten million for the sack. I take that up. You give up your sack for ten mil. It was just simple math I did. It was five million of ball. We're good, Okay, Well good for him.
Speaker 4: Uh you know.
Speaker 3: What's the premium on that for a ten million dollar policy? What are you paying monthly for your balls?
Speaker 1: It's got to be a couple thousand dollars. It's got to be a couple thousand dollars to keep that policy alive. Yeah, I guess right. I'm not just going to hand a ten million if you'd sever your bag?
Speaker 16: Who are you?
Speaker 1: And sure like progressive?
Speaker 3: There was this place called Lords of London back in the day and celebrities. There was a chick that used to host entertainment Tonight or one of those shows, Mary Hart and I remember her. She insured her legs for a million dollars, and some people did that. Maybe Tom Jones insured his voice. You would go to this place called Lords of London and they would have these crazy insurance pops for celebrities.
Speaker 1: So not like a Geico. Somebody insured their hair.
Speaker 3: Like somebody that was not like Farah Fawcett, maybe like somebody that was really known for their hair back in the day.
Speaker 1: So there are people that will write you policies for these body parts. I want to find out what the weirdest thing insured was. I think you just did a story on it. It could be. Have you ever wondered how Bruce Springsteen got his nickname the Boss. No, well I have wondered him. I don't know how.
Speaker 4: It might not be as cool as you think, because it came from when he used to be the one in charge of paying. He's been in crew and one time somebody said, hey, Boss, are we getting paid this week? And Springsteen said that some DJ heard it insteaded using it on the radio. It's stuck and he's been the Boss ever since. So I guess he was the boss of someone and now he's just the boss.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool, all right. Those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 3: I'm looking up the ten craziest things insured by Lords of London, all kinds of things.
Speaker 1: Betty Grabel's legs. A dude got insurance on his mustache, Okay, and it wasn't Tom Selleck. Keith Richards took insurance out on his hands. A lot of doctors do that. Maybe Bruce Springsteen has a policy out on his voice, sitting to the boss right now? Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 3: The policy he took out was for six million dollars in case he ever lost his voice. Lords of London Club wrote up a policy for him.
Speaker 1: So now that boy. Yeah, Gene Simmons took out insurance on his tongues. He's got that long tongue. Yeah, let's go Rockets.
Speaker 7: Nice.
Speaker 1: Rockets play the.
Speaker 4: Warriors in Game six of their first round series tonight. It's another do or die game for the Rockets. They've done three games to two. They're five and a half.
Speaker 1: Point underdogs heading into Tonight's game. Tip Off is at eight.
Speaker 4: You could listen to the game on our sister station, Sports or News Radio seven forty Rage. Also, like if there was only one place you could watch the rock Oh, Cactus Cove tonight eight pm. I'm gonna be out there. You can win buzzbestickets. I'll give you eight opportunities to do that. You can watch the Rockets with me, So that's where you should be watching Rockets. Caxt to Cove thirty three thirty three West eleventh Street in baseball, so natural as those are back in action tonight, I'm just trying to help the people. They are gonna open up a weekend series with the White Sox on the road, Framer Valdezebi on the mound for the Stros going up against Chicago's Jonathan Cannon. First pitches at six forty and you can hear that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: In horse racing, the one hundred and fifty first.
Speaker 4: Kentucky Derby is tomorrow at Churchill Downs in Kentucky. Jo Journalism is the favorite to win at three to one and Toby Keith also as a horse named Render Judgment that'll be in the race at thirty to one odd it's a long shot. Race is gonna start at five to fifty seven and you can watch it on NBC.
Speaker 1: That what's going on in sports.
Speaker 19: Houston, Rock Houston's alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show, ninety.
Speaker 10: Five Bam Friday.
Speaker 5: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: You got free Bam Briday.
Speaker 5: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, and Rah Bam Friday and Rock Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: And Free Bam Friday. Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. What's up?
Speaker 14: What's that?
Speaker 6: Rod?
Speaker 1: What's up? Who's this?
Speaker 10: It's Isy?
Speaker 1: Isy your caller?
Speaker 16: Ten.
Speaker 10: That's awesome, dude.
Speaker 1: You got the fourth and final case today. Where are you from? I'm from Huffman. Are you born and raised here?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: Sir?
Speaker 1: So what are your thoughts on all these people moving to Houston four years in a row?
Speaker 3: Now we are the most moved to city in America and you think there's enough people here?
Speaker 1: More the merrier.
Speaker 3: What's your thoughts on somebody that's been been around for a while.
Speaker 14: I want to overtake Chicago.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like the sound of that.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 1: I want to be the third biggest city in America. What does it mean to me? I don't get any more money out of it. I don't know. Maybe we can make a T shirt about it. Maybe I'm excited about Maybe we make a T shirt. We're number three bitches. I don't know. I just think it sounds cool because Chicago is a great city. It's an awesome place. I love it. But New York, La. Houston, well it's got a nice ring to it, you know, it really does. And I mean whoever talks in those terms, but me, I just think.
Speaker 3: Anything that puts a little bit more shine on our city maybe people will take note.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't think we're getting the credit being number four. Maybe when we take three, then people will take a look what's going on over there?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 3: So, hey, is he the fourth final case of beer is yours? I want you to have the best weekend ever. Okay, oh yeah, thank you, dude, thank you.
Speaker 14: I'm on for me.
Speaker 1: I am not surprised by the results of the poll question. It's still going on, but you know, people are kind of moving around a little bit, but still overwhelmingly eighty percent of people say no, no, no, no, no, no, that's enough people, that's enough.
Speaker 3: I'm like, is it a good thing that so many people are moving here to Houston? Twelve percent of our audience says yes, more than Merrier is he myself seven percent? Actually Alex at six point nine percent. Nice are not sure if that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Right, Open phones for Friday, Open phones for Iday? More like open phones, fried Yay, my favorite hour of radio on the radio seven one, three, two and two five nine five.
Speaker 3: I mean, who else would turn you loose like this? You can talk about almost anything at all that you want, almost no cussing. Okay, please don't please don't swear.
Speaker 1: John, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Dude, you're on open phones. You get the first call a pressure for one. I know, right, that's that's the best part.
Speaker 10: You're You're under a lot of pressure.
Speaker 1: But listen, I know you can handle it. Go ahead. Yes, Well, I'm the guy who.
Speaker 23: Sent you that email last week about Chile about his nickname in high school.
Speaker 1: You did not even know his name was Jose. You went to high school with this guy.
Speaker 23: I'm serious, I've been I went to high school with this guy in I've known him for a long time until the last when you finally said his name.
Speaker 1: I'm like, really, yeah, I never know his name. What did you guys call him? Like wavos, rochos or ranchero? What was his name?
Speaker 4: Burrito?
Speaker 1: Burrito? That's it, Yeah, called him burrito. No, he's a cool dude, I've known him for a long time.
Speaker 23: But also I wanted to congratulate Alex on his baby coming up.
Speaker 1: Thank you and all you welcome Alex.
Speaker 23: And one more thing, I want to send a shout out to all my coworkers in Houston and also in San Antonio. I worked for a company called Reese Bath and Kitchen Good and also Reese Plumbing, So all my co workers in Houston and all my co workers in San Antonio, I want to send a big shout out to all.
Speaker 10: Of them as well.
Speaker 1: Great shout out John, Thanks man, have a great weekend.
Speaker 5: You do the same.
Speaker 22: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Did you ever call him weirdo Burrito or just Burrito? I mean it was just Burrito.
Speaker 23: Well, see the thing is I was a little shorter and scrimier than him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 23: If I probably would have called that, he probably would have threw me across the football.
Speaker 1: He's a teddy bear. He's a teddy bear.
Speaker 3: He's putting, he's putting. Logan, you're next up on open phones. Good morning, Logan. Hey, I'm great man, you're on the air.
Speaker 1: What you got ada is what?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh phone? He's a bad phone line, Logan. It's probably our it's probably our chili. Would you check that real quick? Just check that line. Weird over rito, weirdo, don't call him that across the wallfield, all right, he will. Let's try. Maybe Sawyer's line's working Sawyer, Good morning, Good morning, Rode Ryan Show, Hey man, what you got over there?
Speaker 22: Open phones, man, just giving us a plug to the new guest starting Monday.
Speaker 1: We hope, uh, we hope it works out for the long term.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you. We have a new co host that's coming in on Monday. It's crazy. There's a little teaser picture that's on Instagram, and uh, you know, it's exciting, it's it's scary. It's all upside for me, I really do. I look forward to somebody with some new ideas and some new thoughts and some new you know, things to talk about.
Speaker 1: It's it's all good man. I can't wait for Monday, to be honest with you, I can't. I appreciate I've.
Speaker 22: Been listening since Doug, so I'm excited to see who it is and uh and see how it works out.
Speaker 3: I don't mess that chair up. I've messed some other chairs up on the show. I don't mess that chair up.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't. I don't get that one wrong, Sawyer. You can trust me on that.
Speaker 14: Okay, I appreciate it, man, look forward to it.
Speaker 1: You guys have a good weekend. Yeah. It says that I'm a dollar bill in rod we trust I will not. I don't get that chare wrong. That's what it says on the bill. You may have doctored out.
Speaker 3: That's what it says on mine. Every dollar in my pocket says that. All right, Sawyer, thank you. That's another line.
Speaker 1: Open seven, one, three, two, two, five, nine four five Man, open phones.
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 1: Come at US many four or five.
Speaker 19: The US says your chance to win one thousand dollars an alternative income just then this nationwide keyward.
Speaker 1: In our website. Happy, that's happy.
Speaker 19: Enter it now at the Buzz dot com for your shot at one thousand dollars from ninety four five.
Speaker 11: The Buzz brought to you by Marble Studios. Thunderbolts now playing in theaters everywhere.
Speaker 12: Houston's alternative and home of the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: The Bus come home.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back, everybody, rod Ryans Show. I'll get back to your phone calls. Every phone line is ringing. We're very very busy.
Speaker 1: Oh I see.
Speaker 3: Uh is it Sheetza from the Netherlands. Oh yeah, I think they got through like right at the very very end. So we we can spend a little bit more time with them on the phone. So let's go over to you and then I'll get back over to these phones.
Speaker 1: Lots of calls online. It's Alix online the muz today.
Speaker 4: Well, I've got what everybody probably wanted today. You're gonna find out what your Kentucky Derby horse name would be. Yeah, if you were in Kentucky Derby. You have to answer a couple of questions. It takes like two seconds and then it spits out with your Kentucky Derby horse name is it?
Speaker 1: Is it a version of your name or is it just completely well randomized? It would be salty boots. Salty boots, which is I right? Because those are not my boots in that picture? Oh yeah, whose boots are in those? There's a there's an Instagram picture of four sets of feet. There's three sets of feet on the Rod Ryan Show for a long time.
Speaker 3: Now, let me do yours real quick now, for all of twenty twenty five, there's been three sets of feet on this show, and now there's four in that picture.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Rod? You would be named plant based pancake. That'd be your your horse name. Do it again. That's the worst name ever. I don't want that. I know your plant based pancakes the weekend with that? Let me Chili's Chili would be rage in connection? Why is mine the worst one? Well, we do yours if you mean, please one more? Alright, alright, plant based pancake. A yeah, I'm done with you. Get out. That's the worst aol ever. But it's the horse smoking a cigar, which is cool walking. So that's tight.
Speaker 4: We go check out your your Kentucky Derby horse name after will famous Ridwriding showpages of buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: That's the music like when you're like, get off stage. I got out. Hey, you're in luck. It's open phones Friday, all right on the phones. That's cool. That's my my daughter's name. London on the phone, London, good morning, Oh wow, what's up London, London? What are you doing? Good morning?
Speaker 10: And now.
Speaker 1: London? This is my daughter on the phone. Yeah, where are you right now?
Speaker 3: Okay, no school today for the kids. All right, I got you on the phone. Out of me and I didn't know this was London Chili. I don't know if Chili snuck this in there somehow snake Okay out of Alex Chili and me. Who's the best person on the rod Ryan Show?
Speaker 1: Who? Yeah, it's kid? All right now? For one million dollars, I want to see if she's been paying attention?
Speaker 10: Who?
Speaker 1: What band are we going to see tomorrow night? We're going to jazz Fest. This kid's been a jazz Yeah, she knows stop. I really didn't know she's been paying attention at all. You know, they's stuff. I try to get her excited, like we're gonna see Pearl Jam. She's like whatever, what did never see him before? She has not seen Pearl Jam?
Speaker 3: So he stokes after, Okay, baby, I love you. Daddy's gotta go back to work. Oh bye, all right, next up, moondal, good morning. How are you gonna follow that?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, what'd you got? Moondo?
Speaker 16: Okay?
Speaker 14: So I got a new game idea, Rogered, I think you may like Okay.
Speaker 1: Who was always looking for some new games to play?
Speaker 16: So go ahead, Okay, it's called bou blay or nay. You're gonna come up with some interesting facts about Michael Boublay. People gotta call in and they gotta guess if you're telling the truth, which is Boublay, or you're lying, which is name.
Speaker 14: Like, we'll try it out real quick.
Speaker 16: Uh, did you know Michael bu Blaze is a co owner of a minor league hockey team.
Speaker 1: That's that's a Boublay. He does own these Canadians. He is part owner there.
Speaker 16: All right, see, there you go, and as all as they can get like two or three in a row, boom, they win. You get to play Michael Bublay in the background.
Speaker 1: Everybody wins.
Speaker 4: But that would make an appropriate time to play Michael Boublay when you're talking about Michael Bublay, not just when you're talking about a green day.
Speaker 1: Saw what he wants to talk over bu Blay with? You know what I'm saying, Alex.
Speaker 3: Where you've really fallen short is you don't understand that every moment is a good moment for Michael Bubla.
Speaker 1: All right, Uh, she'sa from the nother Good morning, Yes, sir, let's see if we can get this phone work. And that last time you got through out on open phones, I was running out here. What are you doing?
Speaker 23: Over there, just chilling trim okay, like seven degrees out of a year.
Speaker 3: So Friday, I'm going to try to decipher because your phone is breaking up a little bit.
Speaker 1: She said, what do you do? What do you do for a living in the Netherlands at a moment?
Speaker 14: But I used to work in personal kitchens.
Speaker 3: Well, we're just working a kitchen sheets. I'm gonna put your whole. I'm want to see if Chili can clean that up somehow. I'm sorry every time we try to get him on.
Speaker 1: Every time we try to get him on, it's always bad, bad connection. Thomas, You're next up on open phones. Good morning, Thomas.
Speaker 20: Brother Rod, how's it going?
Speaker 1: Great man? How are you today?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 20: I'm the I'm one of the guys you saw on the airplane going to a This was my first time seeing them in concert.
Speaker 3: You'd never seen ac DC before, so you don't really have anything to compare it to, which is okay. But you've listened to their music. You must be a fan if you're going to Vegas with that. What was your takeaway from the show? Do you well tell me your thoughts?
Speaker 1: I thought they rot, Yeah.
Speaker 20: I mean I had I had my expectations you know, pretty high. But obviously we know how old you know Angus and Brian Johnson is. But I mean I thought they did a great job.
Speaker 1: I thought they did a great job too, and I saw them. I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I never saw like bon Scott or anything like that. Although I was with Hal's wife, Mama Cash, she saw bon.
Speaker 1: Scott back in the day. I'm like, oh my gosh, it's like being with a celebrity that's seen bon Scott. I thought ac DC was great.
Speaker 3: If you're lucky enough to go see them, it's got to be it though, right, Like you knew that this was going to be your only chance to see them, because there's no way they're playing anymore after this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I took your advice.
Speaker 20: This is a budget fan. I want to see so I told my wife whenever they go back on tour, on wherever they're at, I want to go see it.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, dude, all right, man, thank you Thomas. I'm glad. I thought it was a great show. Dead Money, Dead Money, Rob. Good morning.
Speaker 10: For you.
Speaker 1: I'm good Rob. What you got for us? You're on the air for open phones.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 14: I just want to give a shout out to the last ubers, because nobody ever thinks about those funeral directors running around with your loved ones in the backseat.
Speaker 1: Are you the driver? Are you the guy that's embalming? What's your involvement in this? I do it all. You're you do everything from start to finish.
Speaker 14: Yep. Specialized in international shipping.
Speaker 1: Family business. What got you into it?
Speaker 14: Yeah, family business, but we fell backwards into the international pustion.
Speaker 3: Okay, But like nobody just wakes up and says, I'm going to be a funeral director today. It's usually something that's going on in the family. Do you find that to be with most cases?
Speaker 14: I do, Yeah, most most of the time it's family. This family oriented.
Speaker 1: You have a question, Yeah, go ahead. Do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 14: I don't, and I've never run into there's somebody moving around on the back seat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you see.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's somebody that now when people like I saw a ghost, the guy that deals with bodies did not believe in ghosts.
Speaker 3: So this is a little I got the guy on the phone. So when we talked to my mom, My mom stole a lot. I wanted to be around for a long time.
Speaker 1: She she doesn't want to be cremated because she doesn't want a guy like Rob to see her naked.
Speaker 3: Like, Mom, you're dead, I'm not don't want anyone and I'm not doing that at some you could do? You always see that no matter what the process is for the naked, for the for the dead person, whether they're going to be open casket, close casket, or if it's going to be a cremation, are you seeing that person naked?
Speaker 7: Rob, not all the time, but for a cremation, we hardly ever see the deceased unclothed, right, Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why my mom's like, you're not doing that to me and no one's seeing me naked? What about Viking is a thing that happen embalming.
Speaker 7: If you're do an embalming with a with a visitation, then you have somebody's gonna see you naked at.
Speaker 1: Some point in time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, And what were you asking about the Viking funerals? How popular are this?
Speaker 14: I haven't done a Viking funeral, but I do a lot of the Middle Easterns, in the in the Indians.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, cool, cool, Dead money Rob on Open Phones Friday. Thanks Bro, have a great weekend, you know, keep it light, tight and bright. I don't know. I wouldn't be able to leave that at I wouldn't be able to leave that at the shop going home for dinner. You know, dead money, Rob, Yeah, got funeral directors. That's another line. Open seven one three, Open Phones.
Speaker 10: Baby, the Rod Ryan Show Mornings on.
Speaker 1: The ninety four five the bus, Oliver Tree and let me down. Oh yeah, what is it? It's Open Phones Friday. I want that job. This is the voice guy. Yeah, after I'm done, if you're done, yeah, because I don't want you to like fully get rid of me.
Speaker 3: I just want to be the voice guy and I will do it pantiless. Jason, You're next up on Open Phones.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Hi Rod.
Speaker 13: I would just like to give a shout out to my brother since his National Siblings Day.
Speaker 1: Okay, you get along with your brother? Oh yes, what's it like.
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 13: It's kind of tough. He lives in kiv Okay. Is he's lived there? Yeah, he's lived there for the last fifteen years. His wife got deported in two thousand and nine. You couldn't live without her, so he moved over there and he's going to stick by her through sick and tin.
Speaker 1: So it was the last time he talked to you? What was the last time we talked to you?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 13: We communicate mainly from Facebook Messenger right now?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was going to say either that or what's the app seems to be that's how everyone keeps track of people overseas well. That's good man.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What's your brother's name?
Speaker 13: Richard May. He's an English teacher. He's also a hobby musician. Have you ever heard of the music producer stir nerd Limbaum.
Speaker 1: I have not.
Speaker 13: He worked with Pink Floyd and Paul mccartney're back in the eighties and seventies. He did a benefit show in Livea, Ukraine right after the war broke out, and he had seen some of my brothers work on YouTube and invited him sing a couple of songs.
Speaker 3: Jeez, dude, now, is the goal for your brother to get back here or is he kind of just realizing that, Okay, that's where he's going to be.
Speaker 13: If his wife could get out, but since she was deported from here, a lot of countries won't let her in.
Speaker 1: All right, brother, Well, listen, that's a nice shout out today. Thank you for sharing that I really appreciate it. The best of luck to you. Thank you. Jason. Hey Jay, Yes, Jay, you're next up on open phones. What you got? Man?
Speaker 13: Just gonna say, I love the show and I'm going to give a shout out to my band, the hot Rod Hookers. We're playing the Strawberry Fist Thursday, May fifteenth from five to six.
Speaker 3: I want everybody listening to the radio right now to hear Jay's words. You butter up the show and then you plug your band out.
Speaker 1: Okay, can we just can everybody follow that format please as a matter of fact. As a matter of.
Speaker 3: Fact, because you buttered us up, I'm going to tell you to tell everybody again where your show's at.
Speaker 13: May fifteenth. It has to be in a Strawberry Fist from five to sixty.
Speaker 1: M Jay, your band is my favorite band at that Strawberry Festival. Thank you very much. Same. Thank you so much.
Speaker 22: Jay.
Speaker 1: Y yay day day day. That's Jay. It was on the phone, ye Gina, Gina, Well, I don't know who's on the phone. Good morning, Hi, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 10: It's Tina and Brian.
Speaker 1: Oh both of you are the phone?
Speaker 13: Better you up again for another band?
Speaker 1: Plug? All right? Tell us. How great we are first, Yes.
Speaker 10: We listen to you every morning.
Speaker 1: I love you guys.
Speaker 10: You've got a great event for a great.
Speaker 23: Cause on tomorrow Saturday for Texas Equi Search Great celebrating twenty five years.
Speaker 10: It's a meet and greet. It's Tim Miller out at the Barn, Whiskey Bar.
Speaker 13: And Hot Bellevue from noon to four and the Big Jordan Band will be playing from noon to two forty five.
Speaker 1: Man, I hope you guys raise all the money. I really do. That's awesome, Thank you so much. Awesome, all right, thank you, Gina and Brian. Did you mention? Did truck Array already get a name drop today on the show? Who'd you mentioned earlier?
Speaker 22: Oh?
Speaker 1: JD? All right, we got so we got all the truckers though, truck a Ray. Good morning, Buenos.
Speaker 4: How we doing?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great now. Every time we talk to you, guys in the big rigs, I never know where you're at. Where are you driving right now?
Speaker 14: I am on the Beltway rolling eastbound. I'm going to Spring to make off with the to drop off the house.
Speaker 1: Oh your local life very good? Eastbound?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 13: I heard?
Speaker 14: If you you're getting a new co host is he or she from Utah or from Borida?
Speaker 1: She from Utah or Florida. I'm getting into that brings a bell. Come on, I'm coming on getting you.
Speaker 14: Know on that.
Speaker 1: I'm getting a know on that. You know, you know who's telling me no? You know who told me no on the Utah and the Florida.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: The new co host she's she's in the she's in the room with us.
Speaker 4: Are you are you?
Speaker 14: Are you bringing the new are you getting the band back together? Is set that coming back?
Speaker 4: Come on?
Speaker 1: No TV star? She got that TV. Yeah.
Speaker 3: She likes being in front of the camera. So I think her radio days are behind her. So that's so I think you are what the kids call barking up the wrong tree. But I hope you join us on Monday show.
Speaker 14: Dude, I got hey Alex, congratulations on your second baby. And it's one one thing you're always going to have on the rod is that you had two ks.
Speaker 1: He has one. Yeah, It's like he doesn't understand. Can we get a horn? Place? Can we get a horn?
Speaker 14: I want to care from people, but I'm gonna tell here we go.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Yeah, all right, thank you. Keep remember keep the rubber side down. Chad, Good morning, Chad.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 14: Speaking of Tessa being a TV person, I think she's lost forever now because, Uh, last night on Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Kimmel, she was part of the segment where they through all the TV personalities saying can you believe it's May?
Speaker 14: I can't believe it's May? And she appeared on that segment.
Speaker 1: Now, Hi, somebody send me that. Please please send that to me. We talk about that.
Speaker 3: We actually we make fun of that. I don't know if we got it from Kimmel, but we would talk. I guess somebody who else, Maybe it was Kimmel that ran this segment, and in front of Tessa, I would say, these TV people have nothing else to say if it's not on the teleprompter in front of them when it's time to like, hey Phil, for thirty seconds, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, can you believe it's almost? Can you believe it's almost the end of the month? Can you believe?
Speaker 3: So she made the segment now, I wouldn't be surprised. I know that she kind of does it as a bit, as almost an homage to how we would make She would play along. I would make fun of TV people. I make fun of TV people. I do okay, radio people are superior. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, not sorry, So I.
Speaker 13: Would granted she did.
Speaker 14: She did say it's Danna de May.
Speaker 2: So she is doing that parting all the different people around the country.
Speaker 1: And also there's Testa. That's funny. All right, that's good.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm gonna give Testa the benefit of the doubt that she's she knows how cheesy we all thought it was. And I know that she went on the television even after we had done the bit on the radio, and I knew that she leaned into it as a wink to us, you know, like, oh, okay, you guys think that you're gonna make fun of us radio people, then she would are us TV people.
Speaker 1: Then she kind of leaned into it. So I bet you she was real happy about that. That's funny. That's funny. All right, Thanks Brown, thank you, Chad. I appreciate it. Man, have a great weekend. I get Good morning, I'm Ron Don Morriy and Chili didn't prep this person at all. Good morning. Who's this isn't Matt? Matt? Come on, let's go at it. What do you got?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 14: I just I've been I've been a listener for a I've been our listener, says Rod.
Speaker 8: Started I've never called.
Speaker 14: I left the city and came back, and I just wanted to give him a shout out for all the years.
Speaker 3: He thinks he's talking to Chili being prepped to go on the air. Dude, thank you, this is Rod. Thank you for those nice words. I really really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: No, that's what I said. I go, dude, we are totally bear back in this. You're on the air. I skipped Chili.
Speaker 3: I saw the phone line was ringing, and I'm so glad I grabbed you. What's your name, Matt, matt Man, Matt, thank you for all the years.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I remember when you started. I just moved to Houston myself. So I've been with the same job for twenty one years. All those truckers that you talked to, we're the ones that helped put them back together and sell them to them.
Speaker 3: So there was something about that ringing line that I said, I gotta take that one last call because Chili hadn't prepped it.
Speaker 1: And I'm so glad I picked up. Dude, role safe. I can't. I don't have the words. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Seems silly for such a long period of time to spend together. But that's all all I got. Thank you so much, dude. I appreciate you.
Speaker 8: Oh, no problem, keep rocking it out.
Speaker 1: Thank you, dude. Come on, he thought he was talking. He thought he was being prepped to get on the air.
Speaker 3: You're on, baby, all right, that's it. What a great way to close things out. Thank you so much. Everybody. Everybody, thank you, whether you've been listening for a day, a week. Hopefully this new co host pulls in some new listeners on Monday.
Speaker 16: I hope.
Speaker 1: So what are we paying her for? Oh? A lot of things. Some things all right? Yet new co host on Monday. Uh maybe I will know. I'm not I told you.
Speaker 3: I didn't read the comments on Instagram. There's a little teaser picture on Instagram. All will be revealed on Monday show. All right, Alex know the show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can do it.
Speaker 3: That's coming up after the break Coheat tickets they're playing with taking back Sunday, September eighth. We will have a question for you. We'll wrap up the show. Alex will tell you ten more times where he's going to beat night. More fun to be had here, Okay, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 19: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: All right, well, we're getting close to turning. You lose for the weekend. It's a nine point fifty one. We held on to a pretty great ticket here though. Coheden Cambria taking back Sunday, September eighth, seven, one to three music Hall tickets are available through ticket Master locations.
Speaker 1: You could win them from us. You gotta go through Alex.
Speaker 4: Ready.
Speaker 1: I don't know because I feel like I'm gonna write down what I think your question is. Well, I'm a little say anything, don't give away. Okay, I've written down what I think your question is. What's your question? I know the show. It could be about anything that we talked about on the show. It could be about anything. There was a lot of fun facts. There were a lots of little tidbits, a lot of little things we talked about, a lot of little dude dads.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of little that were on the show today. Somebody made their show debut first time. Somebody was on for open phones. There's a lot of things you could have done. What's your question?
Speaker 1: Where could you go tonight?
Speaker 4: If you wanted eight different chances to win a pair of Buzzfest tickets?
Speaker 1: What did I write down my prediction for your question? Where am I tonight? Come see me? Yes? Pretty close? Pretty close?
Speaker 16: All right?
Speaker 1: We need to know not where? No addresses? I want to go home? Yeah, name the name of the place. Name of the place you go.
Speaker 4: If you wanted eight opportunities tonight, make it ten to win Busfest tickets.
Speaker 1: Who is the thirstiest person on the planet right now?
Speaker 3: I'm a company man, Okay, you know that about me? Seven one, three, two, two five nine four five. Where is Alex Boublay Middleton tonight?
Speaker 1: All right, hey, Alexa? Play ninety four point five the buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 23: Getting ninety four point five to the bus station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rock and Alsernatives.
Speaker 1: There we go, ninety four five the bus LP New Divide, Rod Ryan's show, Free Beer Friday coming to a close, Open Phones Friday, coming to a close. Know the show very much alive. I'm gonna go to these phones in a second now.
Speaker 3: Thirty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms cloudy today.
Speaker 1: High of eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Seventy percent chance this evening of some isolated thunderstorms. Rest of the weekend Saturday and Sunday ten percent chance. Tomorrow partly cloudy eighty three, Sunday twenty percent chance of rain, mostly sunny eighty four.
Speaker 1: To the phone, He's now time for know this show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 14: La La la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La la la. Billy, Hey, how's it going from caddy Shack?
Speaker 3: Give me the Billy Burrew? Hello, Hi, Billy, Welcome to the show. How are you today?
Speaker 1: Billy?
Speaker 14: I was doing pretty good.
Speaker 1: Let's get you some tickets. So let's go home. All right, let's go put the put the kids to bed. We're leaving. What's your question, Billy? Where could you go tonight?
Speaker 4: If you wanted to have eight different chances to win a pair of Buzzfest tickets?
Speaker 13: Would that be Cactus Jack?
Speaker 1: Show show me Cactus Jack, Billy, Billy, Billy, come on, h I mean saying enough. Let's go to John John. Good morning, all Ry, Good morning, Rod. You said it enough. Don't look at me like no, Hi John, what's your question for John? John? Where could you go tonight?
Speaker 4: If you wanted to have eight different opportunities to win Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 1: Come on, John, take it home.
Speaker 14: That is going to be Cactus Cove.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes it is Cactus Jack John Show John, You're the winner.
Speaker 3: Coheed and Cambria take Back Sunday, September eighth, seven, one three Music said you're in my brother.
Speaker 14: Yes, sir, sweet awesome show man.
Speaker 4: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: All right, Thank you John, have a great weekend. Yeah, say y'all too, Thank y'all. Thank you all much. And there you go. Whoa, it works, Rod, see you there, Buddy. Used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell, David, I got a fever, and the only prescription it's more cow bell. All right, we gotta go. Jeremy's beating down the door over here, fresh out of man head to head, three time Hall of Famer Brian, Oh goodbye, he lost all he lost this morning, blanked. It was a champion.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: I knew today was gonna be a fun show because these guys put on a clinic on fresh out of bed, head to head, a little bit of everything. Speeding guy hadn't been on since two thousand and six. Okay, the last time he played The Pressure out of Bed head to head was two thousand and six, Rust on the Pipes. He won the game. So he's gonna join us on Monday. That's gonna be fun. All right, we got all kinds of things for you on Monday. Let's see, it's Sinco de Mayo.
Speaker 1: That's it though, right, Well, No, we're gonna play that new game with the Texas Hammer. You're gonna get a chance to win cash each and every day on the show, starting on Monday. We're gonna bring back risk It for the Biscuit. Really working on that.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm hoping you're hearing the improvement. I go home and I work on my Texas Hammer.
Speaker 1: Our risk It for the Wow, that's a lot of cash.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get a chance to win money, cash money on this show. The Risk It for the Biscuit game. If you've never heard it, it's really really fun.
Speaker 1: We're gonna play every morning next week at seven twenty and you could win up to one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: And this is us.
Speaker 1: This isn't like some nonsense, this national, this is us. You got a chance to win them yeah, guys, because I went to mister adlerin I'm like, can I please have some money to give away?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 1: You can't, right, I see you've been practicing your staff. Then oh, and then the debut is a new co host show. Okay, yeah, I forgot about that new co host on the show.
Speaker 3: I hope you tune in, and it's gonna be fun and we're gonna usher in a brand new era of The Rod Ryan Show. And it's all it's all great. I'm so excited about it. I wish he was on right now.
Speaker 1: Don't say anything. You can't say an you can't talk here, all right, that's it. We gotta go for the first time.
Speaker 3: Monday can't get here soon enough. I don't think we have anything else to say. We don't have nothing else to talk about.
Speaker 1: Oh we we do. If you were like looking for something to do tonight, you gotta be kidding.
Speaker 4: Maybe head over to thirty th thirty three West eleventh Street at Cactus Cove. You boy, Alex PE's gonna hanging there. I got eight opportunities to win a pair of bus Fest tickets. Ross the Rockets earned buys FST tickets. What a Friday it's such a good good thing. You should have mentioned it. Thank you more times, our friends in Neutral. All right, that's it, come on in Jeremy. Guys.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend. Go rockets, Go rockets.
Speaker 10: He am a.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 12: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.