Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app Strange Animal Stories. Maybe I will save them for strange science. Okay, we've got a largest single breed dog walk to tell you about a woodpecker that is causing chaos in a neighborhood in Massachusetts. And we've got a zoo in New York hand feeding a baby vulture with a puppet. I figured we well, here's the thing. We started talking about real things on this show, like people that want to be in power, and people lost their minds. So I am I'm now pivoting to vultures being fed with hand puppets in a zoo because I figure how many people could I possibly piss off with that story.
Speaker 2: We'll find someone either anti puppet or pro vulture or anti vulture pro puppet, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I want to hear from the anti puppet person, and I think I will bet you a little.
Speaker 3: It is in the meantime time for swamp watch, which means I'm a cheat and a liar. And when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing that lollipops here we got The real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 1: The other side never quits.
Speaker 4: So what I'm not going anywhere so that you train the.
Speaker 3: Squat I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been. You know, Americans have always been gone at president, but they're not stupid.
Speaker 2: A political plunder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 3: Have the people voted for you? With not swamp watch.
Speaker 2: I do want to point out that downtown La, downtown San Francisco, downtown San Diego, everywhere in California, lot of big cities across the country are seeing May Day International Workers Day marches. Downtown LA is a huge problem right now because there are thousands of people that have blocked it up. The theme for the rally today at least one in La one Struggle one Fight, Workers Unite.
Speaker 1: It's too many syllables.
Speaker 2: In Struggle one, Struggle one fight Workers Unite.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like in love actually when they squeeze in an extra syllable, Christmas is all around us instead of Love is all around us. Christmas is all around us. It's too many syllables. You got to think about the chance when you're coming up with the slogan about the chance.
Speaker 2: National Security Advisor Mike Waltz and his deputy along are expected to be leaving their posts in the Trump White House, expected to leave today. A bunch of different sources started reporting this early this morning. The White House yet has not responded to request for comments from CBS and ABC and NBC. Mark Halprin used to be with ABC News, now out on his own.
Speaker 3: He was the first to report these departures today.
Speaker 2: The President's chief of Staff is said to be having conversations with some of the other National Security Council members. Of course, all of this stems from Mike Walls and that original signal app chat where he included Jeffrey Goldberg, an editor from The Atlantic magazine. They talked about top national security officials for talking about plans for this military strike unhealthy targets in Yemen in mid March, and then Jeffrey Goldberg published his account of all of this and initially didn't give any of the operational details, fearing that they would put service mens lives at risk. But then Pete Hegseth and everybody else denied that anybody had had any sort of classified information shared in the chat, so he said, Okay, if it's not classified, here you go.
Speaker 3: Posted the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Waltz did admit behind closed doors that all of this was his fault. He fell on the sword kind of. He did suggest that his the number for Jeffrey Goldberg may have come from his assistant's phone. I guess that was Alex Wong, the other guy with a funny name. Former vice presidential nominee, Governor Tim Walls of Minnesota made a joke by saying, Mike Waltz has left the chat.
Speaker 1: He made a grave air in including a journalist in that signal chat with this president. He did last longer than Michael Flynn, who lasted about a month.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he went.
Speaker 2: He Trump when one hundred days without firing anybody and one hundred and one.
Speaker 1: So it looks like Steve Whitkoff is a name that keeps being talked about as a replacement. He's the one in charge of negotiations with a Russia Iran Hamas, according to people in the no Other possible contenders include Trump's top policy chief, Stephen Miller and National Security Council Senior Director for counter Terrorism Sebastian Gorka and Trump's Special Envoy for Special Missions, Richard Grennell.
Speaker 2: So we've pointed out a couple times now that these news conferences that President Trump gives during meetings official meetings with heads of state from different countries in the Oval Office, you know, out in front of the fireplace there, and how tacky those things look now in the White House where there's some gold piece of some thing in every corner of that room, all gold everything.
Speaker 1: A cabinet maker from South Florida has worked on projects at mar A Lago and we've seen the gold that goes on there. John Iikart is his name. He helped add custom made gold finishes to the Oval Office, including gilded carvings for the fireplace mantle, the molding. He went to Washington with Trump on Air Force one. Trump personally oversaw the installation of the gold carvings on the mantle in the Oval Office. He also brought gold cherubs from mar A Lago to be installed in the White House as well. Prominently displayed next to the resolute desk is a large gold FIFA World Cup trophy. Trump has a fixed a gold Trump crest over the door leading into the White House from the colonnade. There are gold toaster coasters excuse me, gold coasters with Trump's name on side tables as well.
Speaker 5: There is.
Speaker 1: The Trump Near Assassination painting that is going to be replacing Obama's portrait. I left a space there for people to lose their minds one way or the other.
Speaker 2: Smart There is a Declaration of Independence replica that exists now in the Oval Office.
Speaker 1: Oh and then he also squeezed a picture of himself in between Laura Bush and Hillary Clinton, like randomly, like on the wall of first Ladies, he threw a picture of himself in there.
Speaker 2: I did notice yesterday, I've kind of made fun of the whole Gulf of America map that keeps showing up in these meeting in executive order signings that have nothing to do with the Gulf of Mexico, the Gulf of America. He still has the Gulf of America map.
Speaker 1: He's very proud of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he did yesterday at that cabinet meeting, each position at the table in the cabinet room with all of these cabinet members there, each position had its own Golf of America baseball cap and with the number four.
Speaker 1: The branding. The branding is always going to be top, top notch. He wants to pave over the rose garden less of a rose garden, more of a rose patio. Who doesn't want to attack their outdoor space when they move into somewhere new.
Speaker 2: But he had the opportunity to do that before. He's saying that it gets it can get muddy the rose garden. I mean it's literally it's also us swamp Washington, d C. It is, it is going to is gonna have moist ground.
Speaker 1: Some somewhere. Chris and Carlo just perked up and was like, what somebody talking about swamp? No, not moist Remember how he was like a very big Washington historian.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, somewhere moist at. We haven't done the baby animal bracket. We didn't do it this year, but Axe Lottel came to familiarity through the baby Animal Bracket and Axe Lottles.
Speaker 1: We used to do some really dumb stuff on this show. I'm so glad we're more high brow now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wait for the Vulture and the puppet story. Very high brow, but the axe Lottles are fighting back. We'll tell you how. Also a chance for you to win a thousand bucks is coming up.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: It would be popes, the cardinals that are meeting to talk about who's going to be the next pope and all the rules about what they can and cannot eat. What do you think they're eating in there once they kick this thing off May seventh.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping it's a fine white sauce can alfredo.
Speaker 3: Yes, with a wide noodle, a.
Speaker 1: Wide noodle like a pupper Delli whatever that is, Yes, linguini wider than.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, that's what I would eat if I was it. That's what you.
Speaker 1: Would you were a cardinal. What would you wear underneath your robes? Nothing?
Speaker 3: Who's going to see?
Speaker 1: Would you be a boxer or brief sky if you had robes?
Speaker 3: I just said I wouldn't wear anything.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, how many of them do you think wearing nothing underneath that?
Speaker 2: Probably plenty? Really, Yeah, what's the I don't know there's enough robes. It's not like they're wearing mini skirts and they got to be careful about right right.
Speaker 1: It goes all the way down sitting there. My god, what a freeing existence. Just to sit under your robes free of undergarments sounds kind of nice.
Speaker 3: A couple of stories that were following and as I.
Speaker 1: Have to worry about your waistline.
Speaker 2: And astronauto missed out on the first all female space walkers.
Speaker 1: Are your thighs sixty years later?
Speaker 3: I don't think there. I don't think many of them are worried about their thighs.
Speaker 2: Man NASA's Anne McLean came from the International Space Station today alongside Nicole Ayers. They launched to the orbiting lab in March to replace the two struck astronauts who are now back home. But during their space walk, these two are preparing the space station for some new solar panels. They're also going to be moving an antenna. We have an opportunity for you to win one thousand dollars. Here's how you can pick it up.
Speaker 4: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars just enter this nationwide keyword on our website.
Speaker 3: Bank that's bank BA.
Speaker 4: NK entering now at KFIAM six forty dot com. Slash cash Howard by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, winning is everything, call the Winning attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million. That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 2: And again that keyword bank goes on the website. Keep an eye on your on your email, since that's how winners are going to be notified an hour from now. We give you another chance at winning one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Underwear is actually covered in the Bible underwear for priests in particular. I just did a quick little deep dive while you were giving away the money about priests and what kind of underwear they wear.
Speaker 3: There's a requirement or it's addressed. That sounds very old testing and in.
Speaker 1: Fact, Exodus twenty implies that priests don't wear underpants, which is why they would access an altar via a ramp. Apparently King David would expose himself when doing cartwheels before the arc, leading him to get into trouble with his wife. McCall fascinating, is it? Yeah? Somebody doing cartwheels without underwear in front of the arc. That's the Bible I can get behind and get into. That's some plot development right there. And then the wife gets pissed off at you.
Speaker 3: One of my wife would be very angry if I did that.
Speaker 1: She would be for what reason, because you make a fool yourself, or your genitals are.
Speaker 3: Exposed, or I don't know if she cares, if I care, or I don't know if she.
Speaker 1: Cares about your genitals being exposed, she'd probably it'd be kind of weird.
Speaker 3: It'd be weird. Yeah, it'd be embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It wouldn't be like a territorial thing, like those are my genitals.
Speaker 3: No, it would just be like, what are you doing? Yes, that's probably a good aptitude.
Speaker 2: One of the world's most endangered endangered amphibians has thrived after being released into some artificial wetlands. Scientists in Mexico released eighteen captive bread axe lottls.
Speaker 1: The stupidest show I've ever been.
Speaker 2: In a restored and artificial wetland close to Mexico City. They fitted the animals with tidy little baby radio trackers and found that they survived and they were able to forage successfully both of their sites and in a good way.
Speaker 3: In a good way, they gained weight.
Speaker 2: The lead researcher for not in their thighs, then do they have thighs? The lead researcher for the from the Autonomous University of Baja said that this is an amazing result, and the researcher suggests that axe lottle could be brought back to its native habitat the waters of Zochi Milko, shaped by traditional farming practices and flushed with spring water for the mountains, used to team with axe lottles, But as Mexico City grew, the pollution the organization a bunch of other pressures pushed axe lottles to the brink of extinction. Some estimates at one point said there were as few as fifty of them left in the wild.
Speaker 1: My favorite thing about an axe lottel is that if you cut off its spinal cord, you amputate an arm or a leg or even if you really what else is there that they grow back? I don't remember anyway, but they they grow back all of it like they wink at you any like any any part of it is cut off, and they just kind of look at you like so, and then they grow it back right away. I mean, that is a fascinating beast.
Speaker 2: I do have a political update. Oh boy, this is the Mike Waltz story. Yeah, apparently Donald Trump is suggesting that Mike Waltz will now be nominated as the Ambassador to the United Nations.
Speaker 1: More importantly, Marco Rubio is going to be interim National Security Advisor.
Speaker 2: I I don't know what's happening. Is that the weirdest is that the weirdest falling up that you've ever heard of. Mike Walls is not going to be National Security Advisor anymore, but will be nominated as Ambassador to the United Nations. The Marco Rubio thing may just be he's going to sit in and take over the role until they can find somebody fill it.
Speaker 1: Trump also doesn't give a crap about the United Nations.
Speaker 3: That's a weird again.
Speaker 2: Mike Waltz is the guy that invited the journalist into the supposedly secret signal app chat about our war plans for the hoothy rebels in Yemen, and the reporting this morning was that he was going to be bounced out of the job or he was going to leave as National Security Advisor.
Speaker 5: At least.
Speaker 1: Aphanic was nominated to be Ambassador to the UN, but that was withdrawn at the end of last month, at the end of March, which would have been about the time that Trump was thinking about reshuffling the deck with walls, getting rid of walls. I mean, people have said that he's been time of getting rid of him, repurposing him for quite a while.
Speaker 3: Repurposing that's a good word.
Speaker 2: So I guess again, it looks like Mike Waltz will not be National Security Advisor anymore, but will be nominated as Ambassador to the United Nations.
Speaker 1: All right, there are AI developments to tell you about. Also, Visa is getting into the AI game. We'll tell you how that'll impact you and how much money you spend and how they're going to manipulate how much money you spend on what.
Speaker 4: When we return, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: The big story is that Mike Waltz national Security Advisor, is apparently going to be out. But we just learned a short time ago that it appears that Mike Waltz would be nominated to be the next Ambassador to the United Nations.
Speaker 1: More importantly, Trump says he is naming Secretary of State Marco Rubio as acting National Security Advisor.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, there's a lot for that, a lot of stuff still going on in that. We'll do strange science coming up at twelve thirty, by the way. But in the meantime, it's time for it's time for tech talk. The machines are getting smarter.
Speaker 3: This is tech talk.
Speaker 1: I will just say this.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 1: We look, Secretary of State is a full job. Your plate is full. Oh yeah, you don't have time to be interim director of the National Security Agency.
Speaker 3: You'll see, okay. Mark Saltzman joins us.
Speaker 2: We talk things technology, and we've talked many, many times, lots and lots of segments about artificial intelligence. And Meta has launched its standalone AI app that's out there that's supposed to be sort of a rival to chat GPT.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's available now for iPhone and Android. There's a web version as well, but the smartphone version allows you to converse with it very naturally. You sign in with your Instagram or Facebook info.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: It's a similar experience actually to being able to access the Meta AI within Instagram. And you may have already seen this or WhatsApp or Facebook and if you dig a little deep.
Speaker 5: But this is a.
Speaker 6: Standalone app and the idea is that, yeah, you can converse with it. It sounds very human and like other large language models, as it's called. You can ask it to generate ideas. You could say, Hey, I'm having ten people over for a dinner party this Friday. Three are vegetarian, three are going to be kids, and you know six are is my math off for our carnivores? What can I make or cocktail ideas? Create images, create videos, create itineraries for trips. But what's unique, I would argue is it's twofold. One is that there's a new Discover section that shows what your friends on Instagram and Facebook have asked Meta ai to do, and then you can remix that. Like if you have a friend that said show me, you know a picture of Gary and Shannon on the moon, I don't know holding an American flag, then you can take that and then tweak it some more, or take a recipe that one of your friends asked it to create and then remix that. So that's kind of neat if with consent, you can opt to share what you're leveraging AI for with your friends on Facebook and Instagram through the Meta AI app. And then the other thing that makes it unique is that you're allowing the AI to comb through your social feed to get to better know you. So when I downloaded Meta AI and I installed it, it said, so, Mark, I see you like music and you like festivals, music festivals. I see you were recently, you know, on a trip in Italy, Like what did you like most about your trip?
Speaker 5: So it tries to get.
Speaker 6: To know you in order to curate more personalized results. It's not for everyone. Some people may think it's creepy, but you know, AI is definitely here, Tostay. I know a lot of your listeners are probably rolling their eyes because they're sick of hearing about it. But over a billion people have already tried the Meta AI features baked into Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp. And so the company Meta thinks that a standalone AI Meta AI by itself could be a really big player is and it's free.
Speaker 3: Did they get some pushback? Did metiget pushback? I realize.
Speaker 2: I recognize that if you search for something on Instagram, for example, the search bar is it says either ask me AI or search And I've always been I've always thought that that's kind of a dangerous thing to combine the two of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not unlike Google.
Speaker 6: I don't know when's the last time you Googled something, but if you ask a question, chances are Google Gemini is going to kick in. There is a way to go into the settings and separate this.
Speaker 1: I first when Google did this, I said I hate this. I'm never clicking on this, and then the next day I loved it. And now I soak up all the AI responses. I find them to be.
Speaker 3: Well, well curated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well curated.
Speaker 5: Yeah for the user. But if you run a website.
Speaker 6: Let's say I don't know Garon Channon, you guys have a digital magazine, then you publish content. If Google and Meta and other players are extracting your content and then delivering the answers to someone who's asking a question, they're not going to land on your website, and so that's going to hurt your traffic, which could hurt your ad sales.
Speaker 5: So there is a domino effect here.
Speaker 6: You got to look at it kind of holistically as a consumer, as a user, I think it's pretty wild. But there's one thing AI hasn't been able to do, and this is I think a good segue into the second part of our chat today. Something I was that I was in San Francisco yesterday at a Visa event and it's called Product Drop, and they unveiled something called Visa Intelligent Commerce. As the name suggests, your AI in the near future could actually transact for you with consent of course, So the idea is this, right now, let's just stick with that itinerary example from earlier.
Speaker 5: You want to go to Miami for three days.
Speaker 6: You can ask like chat ept to create a three day itinerary for you, even recommend hotels and restaurants and flights and excursions, but it'll stop short from paying for them for you, right Like it'll say if you ask it to, okay, buy that hotel room that's perfect, it'll say, sorry, I can't do that, and it'll send you to some websites where you can do it. But what Visa and other players are working on is the ability with consent and partners like open ai who owns chatchypt and others, to actually pull the trigger for you on those purchases. But it'll first send it to you to say is does this look good? And then you just give it a one time yeah, like you give it a once over. So that's going to save a lot of time. I think that's going to save people a lot of time. And if you're willing to trust Visa, I mean, look, they've had what they've been around sixty years. They've processed over almost three and a half trillion transactions over the past quarter century alone. You know, if you're going to trust a company to do it, that's the company to do it. So yeah, there's I think it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could save time, but I mean there's got to be a someone's going to do the psychological study of it. Could cost more money because you believe the computer's doing it in your best interest or the computer's got your best choices, you know, based on whatever algorithm it's going to be using, and therefore you would be more free with the money. You say, Okay, they must know what they're talking about, and I must like this product or whatever that is that they're going to get me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hear what you're saying. Gary.
Speaker 6: There's obviously an element of trust here, and that's a hurdle that many any company that's going to do what's called agentic or agent based commerce is going to have to wrestle with.
Speaker 5: But it's going to send you a push to say does this look good to you? And so you.
Speaker 6: It's if you didn't have that safeguard in there, then I would agree, Yeah, this can be a little bit of a slippery slope. But is it like tapping? Do you find you're spending more money because you can now tap your credit card rather than insert it and put in a pin? Are you do you do you find I'm I'm just curious. Do you find you're spending more because it's just so easy now to use your visa at retail by tapping or your watch or your phone.
Speaker 1: You think it's translating to me spending more? It is definitely easier and quicker.
Speaker 6: Right, And that's the idea, is that you want something convenient and with AI being like your assistant, like now being able to or soon within a couple of months, they're telling me be able to transact for you, and again you're still gonna have to aokay it. I think that's a great time saver for me. I love that idea. I'm busy if you set those thresholds ahead of time, Like I want to stay in the hotel, but I don't want to spend more than four hundred to night. And I like that flight, but I don't want to stop over or a red eye. If you set those parameters in advance and an AI can get to know you and remember things, then I think it's just going to help us be a lot more efficient personally and professionally. So I'm all in on that. But yeah, there'll be other players as well. But you know, Visa was first out of the gate yesterday at this event, this product drop showcase, which was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then everybody's gotta you know now that the ones that come second have to try to find some way to improve upon what they what Visa has done.
Speaker 1: All right, Mark, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Appreciate it me too.
Speaker 3: Cheers, guysers.
Speaker 2: Make sure you follow Mark on x Marc Underscore, Saltzman with a Z's got some great stuff up there, and you can also check out the Tech It Out podcast on the iHeart app.
Speaker 1: You Are Not Alone A Wait, you are Staying home is the new going out. It is a trend that's happening. It's not just you.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: President Trump has announced his major shakeup in the national security team today. He says he has tapped Mike Waltz to be his United Nations Ambassador, while Secretary of State Marco Rubio is going to be adding National Security Advisor, at least on an acting basis, the President wrote on truth Social from his time in uniform, on the battlefield, in Congress, and as my National Security advice, Mike Wallace has worked hard to put our nation's interests first. I know he will do the same in his new role. When it comes to Rubio, he said, Rubio will serve as National Security Advisor while continuing his strong leadership at the State Department. Together, we will continue to fight tirelessly to make America and the world safe again. Thank you for your attention to this matter. Would you like your Jeopardy question?
Speaker 3: I was just thinking about that.
Speaker 1: What are you going to play? The thing?
Speaker 3: I could if my computer would work.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: You just decided to.
Speaker 1: Fail at things.
Speaker 3: It's Thursday. It's what we do.
Speaker 1: Oh okay. International disputes for four hundred dollars in nineteen thirty seven, Thanks God's sticky between Nicaragua and Honduras over a map on one of these items. The lot ofalists collect.
Speaker 3: What does this stamp?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Good job?
Speaker 1: Thanks look at you, knowing.
Speaker 5: Harry looks like the poor man's James Vanderbeek.
Speaker 1: No, James Vanderbeek, I don't find attractive. He's not well, he's well, he's not well.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's talking about him not being.
Speaker 3: No, No, I know that, but I'm just saying there's.
Speaker 1: Too much well, I don't want to put anyone down. There's too much area on his.
Speaker 3: Or mind. I shouldn't speak answer.
Speaker 1: What is the devastating Oh, it's co rectal cancer. Oh and it's not good.
Speaker 3: No, did you say co erectal cancer? Hey, that's good.
Speaker 1: No, I know it's never good, but pretty dire, it's Oh, that's awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I guess a lot of people from Dawson's Creek, a lot of the cast members with him. They've all kind of done sort of informal reunions recently.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awful, hang out with him. That is awful. Well, thanks for lifting all right, show.
Speaker 3: I'm not he's the one who said I was a foreman.
Speaker 1: Well, you didn't have to bring up the cancer.
Speaker 2: New survey finds those who have a preference seventy two percent say they will stay in with friends whenever possible.
Speaker 3: Just twenty eight percent prefer a night out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it may I've I think I've always preferred hanging out with friends, just like a sleepover whatever, going back to when I was a kid. It's always more fun than I mean, going out's fun too, but especially now, I just it's more fun to get together just at someone's house.
Speaker 2: They said that respondents report uh spending anywhere from ten minutes to two hours preparing their house ahead of guests.
Speaker 1: I think also when you're single, it's fun to go out right because you can meet people together.
Speaker 3: Like a group of singles going out sure, like a bunch of girlfriends going out now, they said.
Speaker 2: Fifty three percent say hosting at home is a great way to save money. Forty seven percent says it's easier to hear each other.
Speaker 3: That has because it makes.
Speaker 1: Me happy, because I feel deaf all the time. I have a hard time hearing people in public or elsewhere.
Speaker 2: We have a couple of great restaurants that we go to and some that we avoid simply because for that reason. I know, and that's not I don't know if it's an old person thing or it's just I'm not there to yell at people.
Speaker 5: I will.
Speaker 1: I remember the last time, I think it was with Joquan and I'm out dinner and I literally had to do this and cut my ear to hear her because I could not hear. And I kept going, what what And it's like it's so loud, I forget where we were, like sushi Roku or something like that. But like it was just and and I don't care anymore, Like I will cup my ear in public and look like a fool just so I can hear the conversation.
Speaker 2: It's also with you know, we had an instant We had friends over last night and one of our friends was talking about a series of health issues that her mother's been going through, and it was it's hard, and you were like, what, yeah, yelling. I kept turning the music up to make it feel like we were out. You know, you don't want to have those conversations out at a restaurant or hanging out at a bar those, right, And I mean it's not every time, those those conversations don't come up every time, but in the event that they do, you're not going to want to spill all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Out, right, That's why you invited James Vanderbeek over to your home.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, just to give him a safe space. It's funny also that.
Speaker 1: This everything is so much more expensive now too, to go out, just to go out to dinner with your husband or your wife in your case, it's like ridiculous. It's everything, drinks, food, every spending one hundred bucks on an It's a chicken for what thirty dollars a piece of I mean I could do that for eight dollars at home. What are we doing here, folks.
Speaker 2: This is also kind of funny because this survey was conducted on behalf of airwik and it found that eighty two percent of people actively consider how their home smells before they invite people.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm always worried about that because that you get used to the smell of your home and then you wonder, is it not a good smell?
Speaker 3: My nose blind exactly. I think that all the time. I'm terrified I do too.
Speaker 2: But we had made dinner, so my wife and our place smelled like a fresh steak and cauliflower.
Speaker 3: Which I guess cauliflower can sometimes bill yeah, a little farty, But it wasn't. Everything was great. Everything was good. I know you were concerned.
Speaker 2: Gosh, it's already the huge twelve o'clock hour barreling down. Oh we get that far with somebody not coming down the hallway and telling us to knock it off.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: Gary and Shannon will continue right after this. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap