Speaker 1: Stuck at home board and alone. You'd think I could have some.
Speaker 2: Fun on my own, but not bald.
Speaker 3: I called AF with Cecily and Stephanie. Hey, everybody, welcome to boord af As. What if we just called it, I mean, it could just be called bored. No, it's bored as fuck.
Speaker 4: We're not changing something that we that came out of the brainchild of covid and two brilliant comedians.
Speaker 3: I know, but the AF thing was so cool back then.
Speaker 4: It was like just starting to happen. But now it's like dumb and that's even better. Yeah, it's almost like we're called bored. Not that's the only thing I would change it too. It's sounds just worse like nineties things or.
Speaker 3: If we I mean, it's there's nothing funnier to me than the fact that you were the person who invented well, you didn't invent it, but your friend Hank did, and they're really and ever since then. And then it became like the funniest thing to do, the funniest thing to say, and I would love it so much when you would do it, and then it became like completely out of style. Now you can't say it anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh, really really, yeah, I know Hank was. Really he did it.
Speaker 4: He did it more subtly than like, he did it the way I used to do it, not the way that Amy Poehler switched it too, like his was, which I would say something, he'd be like really, yeah, exactly, but just very yeah.
Speaker 3: That was my very favorite thing though. I loved it when you would do that, and it would just always make me laugh, and you would always give credit to your You're like, yeah, I didn't, I didn't invent that. I was writing givers. You very much are. You will never be accused of stealing anyone's joke, because even if even if it was something that nobody would ever know, you'd just be like, oh, that's not my joke, that's not my joke, no right, and would to a fault.
Speaker 4: I mean, Hank was, you know, he did some Yeah, I could have stolen his, and I honestly had every good reason to steal a joke. Put me through a lot, I could have still, I could have stolen really and just been like, yeah, that was mine. I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know what we could have done. I didn't trademarket, nor did he Oh.
Speaker 3: My god, I stole a joke from somebody a long time ago. Remember this, Oh my god, what was the joke it was about? It was about if you sleep with a lot of guys, if then you're a you're a then you're a. I don't remember. I don't remember. It was something about being a whore, like, how come if you sleep with like a lot of guys, you're you're But if you sleep with a lot of I don't even remember how the joke went. But some Open micro did it somewhere and somebody I don't know, and I did it somewhere because I was like, fucket, who's gonna know apologize?
Speaker 1: Find the open micro and apologize.
Speaker 3: I know, I mean Jesus. I never did it on TV though, because I wasn't famous enough.
Speaker 4: Who was the comment? I was trying to come up with this because I was like I wish I had. It was not even a joke. It just made me laugh. But there we talked about this once where there's always just like there was always some comic from back in the day, and guys, we're not going to do just comedy talk today.
Speaker 1: We have other stories, don't worry.
Speaker 4: But there was a comic that was so funny and she was so cool and I can't remember who it was, but she kind of disappeared and the dark it was kind of a Laura Kitlinger type, but not even she didn't get to that level. She was just sort of like just didn't make it, but was so funny and I probably saw her like three times. But she had this joke where she's like, I open up my bank statement today, like online, and it was just it was just and this is not funny now, but at the time it was so funny. She was like and it was there were no numbers or anything. It was just a tumble weed.
Speaker 1: And I know that's not that funny, but it made me laugh and I was like, she should be. She could she could do something with that.
Speaker 4: She could do Now that I think about it, it's not great, but think back to like nineteen ninety nine. You know, you're still forming your brain. It's still you know. There was somebody that was in my twenties.
Speaker 3: There was somebody that Lisa knew, our our friend Lisa's sunst had knew somebody. Oh my god, who had a joke where that Lisa. I remember when Lisa told me we were like, oh, she needs to be famous. And the joke was like I saw a girl and her. It was something about like I saw a girl and somewhere I was out, you know, out somewhere, and this girl, this guy, uh whatever, like was told her to shut up or something. It could have even been harsher than that. She loved the couple they were. They were they were getting into an argument, they were bickering and like he he like smacked her, and I was like, oh my god, I wish I had a boyfriend.
Speaker 1: That was that's really really funny. You kind of can't say that to you.
Speaker 3: You can't, no, no, And I don't think it was as harsh as like he hit her.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I think I'm making it harsher.
Speaker 1: Because like, oh, he's shut up, bitch.
Speaker 3: Something like that. Yeah, something more like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the joke was I wish I had a boyfriend, And I have one more joke for you. Yeah, someone just told me.
Speaker 1: And then and then I say, we get off of it because I've got some stories I read. It's fine, Yeah, my fault, It's my fault.
Speaker 3: Isn't this what the show was originally supposed to be. Us like just talk getting off on tangents. Yes, why are we being so Why are you being so hard on us? Who cares?
Speaker 1: Mouth hurts? Okay, okay, So the joke was this.
Speaker 4: My friend just told me this the other day, and apparently it's like an old timey It's like an old joke, right, Okay, So this woman is complaining to her boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Did I tell you this last week?
Speaker 4: I'm this woman is complaining to your boyfriend and she's like, my friend Stephanie is such a whore. She goes to the bar and just like fucks everybody all the time. That's all she does. Oh my god, it's gross. And then the boyfriend's like, ugh, that is gross.
Speaker 1: What bar? Now? Listen, now, listen? Is that like, is that a joke? Is is it an opener?
Speaker 5: Maybe not?
Speaker 1: Is it anything?
Speaker 4: Probably not. But the way my friends said it made me laugh. I wasn't expecting it in the weirdest way you probably worked.
Speaker 3: No, I wasn't expecting that. And I'm like, I'm a little bit obsessing that I made a joke about like domestic violence, And I'm like, am I going to get canceled? Am I gonna have to?
Speaker 1: No, you didn't make the joke.
Speaker 4: You were remembering a joke that may have been something like that, and the joke is how awful, how ridiculous it would be to say, ugh, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: That's so okay. And so I wrote this joke, and we've talked about this before, but I was telling this just came up, and I was telling Sadie and Xander just today about how I used to do stand up. Well, I mean they knew that, but I said, I was telling Sadie that I said, I used to have a joke. I would open with this joke where I'd be like, ugh, I'm a little uncomfortable. My vagina's been burning, and then I then I go, you know what that means? Someone's talking about it? Okay. So the thing is that Sadie didn't under I said your ears must be burning because she just turned in this because I was just telling somebody about her ap art portfolio and she goes, you're my ears are burning and then John goes, yeah, that's like a saying like someone's been talking about you. Okay, So I told you the joke. Then I was telling I was saying I was remembering that I had to stop doing that joke. Because I I didn't know I wrote that joke one hundred percent. And obviously, since I just told you that I have in the past stolen a joke, I would tell you. But remember that I found out that what's his name, Gary Shandling had a joke about something about his penis and somebody's been talking about it.
Speaker 1: Two people can come up with a similar joke, I know.
Speaker 3: But then I felt like I couldn't ever do it because like somebody would think I was stealing it from Gary Shandling, and I was like.
Speaker 1: No, I know two people. Okay, before we should we should we wait?
Speaker 4: Or should I tell you about Yeah, let's talk about Blissy.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, we Okay.
Speaker 4: When I went to go to the thing, just in all honesty, it just brought me to Monroe videos that I was looking at and not to the people.
Speaker 3: Well, why don't you tell us what you know about Blissy and I will read the call to action.
Speaker 4: I can't find the thing, but we are obsessed with these silk pillowcases with Blissy in general. They send us the most luxurious pillowcases. Okay, they are like silk, which is all the rage right now? This is so you have less frizzy hair when you sleep. Good for your skin, yeah, good for your skin. And Okay, what I love about them, like they're just like I like the whole vibe. It's very like five star without five star prices. And that's not something they want me to say. I mean, I'm obsessed. Remember how excited I was when I got these as well, Like I'm just like, oh my god, they're so soft.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Sadie started screaming when I gave it to her, because she's been one. She was like, I really need, really really need a silk pillowcase. That was what it was on our Christmas list. Really really nice thing to have. And it's so weird that I can't pull this up, but I will find it.
Speaker 1: I got it. I got it.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I got it.
Speaker 1: I found it. I'm going to tell you how to get Blissy.
Speaker 4: I mean, is that so many people, by the way, are buying these like three millions old everywhere. This is what people want right now and still probably get it real quick from others, even if it's a little bit late because you're a listener. Blissy is offering sixty nights risk free, plus an additional thirty percent off when you shop at blissy dot com slash rose pricks. That's b l I s s y dot com slash rose pricks, use code rose Pricks to get an additional thirty percent off. Your skin and hair will thank you. Yeah, okay, all right, okay, I want to tell you something really gross, please do okay. I was just like scrolling TikTok like I do, and I came across like this, you know how they have I don't even know how they do it, but apparently it's very easy where it'll just be like a little person in the corner telling you stuff and then showing you like history pictures, like you know how everyone does that on TikTok, and somehow we just never did that. Like we could have PK and Dory, we could have people behind us that we talk about while we sit in the corner, you know, on the TikTok, like going pointing at things.
Speaker 1: You know how people do? Why don't you know how to do that? I don't know. I don't either.
Speaker 4: But anyway, this lady, she's very young, so I don't know why she was talking about such things. She was probably in her twenties, and she's like, do you guys know, And she did really talk like this. She's like, things are super crazy, like in the fourteenth century.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, I'm in, I'm in.
Speaker 4: I do not know why this is landed on me, but I yes, and I need it delivered from this lady.
Speaker 1: It's sort of like Aubrey Plaza, but not you know, that's what she looks like. She's like, it's gross. Did you know that?
Speaker 4: Like there's arsenic and the green paint and everything was painted this green color, and it was kind of interesting to see in all these dresses like this green people. And she's like, you're lucky if you lived past five, which I think.
Speaker 1: I looked up some of this.
Speaker 4: And then the craziest shit she goes, did you know that from the eleventh until the seventeenth century, Europeans used to eat mummies? And I'm like, okay, well, there's no way that's fucking true. That sounds crazy. That's a TikTok bullshit thing. I look it up. It's totally true. They used to eat mummies. They would have mummies like corpses of people like flown in from Egypt for some reason. Becau that's where they kept mummies, you know, that's where they did all that, one of the places.
Speaker 1: And they would eat them.
Speaker 4: Because they thought that it was like good for your body, Like if you were sick, they'd just eat people. They would wrap them up, they would send them to you or wherever, to your doctor's office, and then they would eat them.
Speaker 1: And we never talk about that.
Speaker 3: Well in the wonder people only lived to five.
Speaker 4: They lived to five, Like they don't want, you know, one out of whatever. The breast milk had like sawdust in it. You know, all kinds are crazy. And I'm sure like in a hundred years, we're they're gonna look.
Speaker 1: Back and go.
Speaker 4: I can't believe they had air conditioning the way they had like that they had free on Oh my god, like they thought just like we had lead in the paint that we some of us used to eat.
Speaker 1: Right, I did not eat paint.
Speaker 4: But I did tell you that I had a roommate in college who I love very much, but she had Pika and she would eat things.
Speaker 1: She didn't eat paint, but she would eat things you're not supposed to eat.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you is there a cure for pika?
Speaker 4: It's like a mental it's like a your body is craving. Usually it's like paint or some sort of like chalk or something. Your body there's something in that that your body thinks it once, right. But that just chewed on everything. I don't know if she had full pika, but she would chew on everything. She chewed through our phone cord. It's like, you can't we don't have a phone. Now we have to get a different phone. She took a dog, like a dog.
Speaker 1: She chewed hangers. Just if you're she would just be chewing on a hanger.
Speaker 4: What Like, she's incredible, She's an incredible person. Like she's so funny and fun and pretty, like she's all the things. But yeah, she would just chew on.
Speaker 3: Andy still talk to her. Yeah, I still have pika.
Speaker 4: I guess I added the pike a part to be if I'm if this is going to be a show about honesty, I'm saying she had pika, which I learned in college in one of my psychology classes. And I think I told her that, and she's like, no, I don't like I think you do, because you chewed through our phone cord and you chew all like our hangers and stuff. But I she might just be a chewer and not have pika, because that's not really is.
Speaker 3: There a difference? What do you call it?
Speaker 4: I'm going to look up, like, what do you what does it mean if you chew on hangers? Does it mean if you are literally chew.
Speaker 1: On I might not have even noticed. It might have just been like saying, she didn't even know she was.
Speaker 3: Doing it, just says Chewing on non food items like hang generally indicates a need for oral sensory stimulation okay, often used as a self soothing or calming mechanism, or it may stem from stress and anxiety.
Speaker 1: She wasn't that anxious. She was very she was a go getter.
Speaker 4: She's very successful. She was very happy too, Like this would be interesting. She would hate this. She'd be like, what the fuck? But I'm only saying nice things. She's amazing. She and she didn't have a lot of issues, like she wasn't she really kind of never made bad choices for chewing on things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well maybe.
Speaker 3: The chewing helped her regulate her emotions, which helped her to not make bad decisions.
Speaker 4: Interesting, Maybe who would I've been if I'd just been like, hey, let me look at what she's doing. I've never seen that before. Let me try it, and then I'd be in a better place, do you know.
Speaker 3: And I've said this to you also on this show before, but I will say it again. But I mean, I think a lot of people have a lot of like weird things they do, and you are very non judgmental person. I remember years ago I was like, I have this thing where and I was really embarrassed about it. I don't know why I'm less embarrassed now. I don't know. Maybe I'm just getting older, But I was like, I have this thing where I like pick at my skin at like a like if I get a whisker, I can't stop thinking at it, and I make like I'll do it so bad that it it I create a scar like a thing. And you were like, yeah, that's okay. I remember that. But you were like, there's yeah people, that's okay. That's people do that. And I was like they do and You're like, yeah, it's totally fine, you're not.
Speaker 4: It depends on how many hours, like if you're late for something because you're doing that, as you know, if he's getting the way your life. But I don't think it is like y'all. Of course the little weird now that you have, like yeah, in a magnifying mirror. I mean, don't even bother to look at that.
Speaker 3: No, but mine is like an like I get obsessed with. Well, now I have a good pair of Tweezers, so it's a lot easier. I just get it like right away. But it would really hard because if I'm out somewhere and I feel it like a little even if it's not dark, like even if no one would be able to see it, but me, I get like, oh my god, I can't stop until it's gone.
Speaker 4: I think I don't have it to that extent, but I certainly have my obsessions and ocds for sure.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about that today.
Speaker 4: Actually I have always been where it's not like it has to be exactly the same. But when I had my when I was in high school, my mom said, we're going to redo your room, like we're going to add curtains and a bed, new bedding and stuff like what is the colors?
Speaker 1: What color scheme do you want? Which is very nice.
Speaker 4: She's like, whatever you want, and I was like, well, I don't really care. I just want Duran, Duran. I just wanted to be all Duran Duran posters, So we did that. She helped me, like they both helped me my family, like put up my entire My entire bedroom was covered like wall to wall Deuranduran posters. You know, yeah, like you do a person does. That's totally normal. And I chose blue, I think a little blue and white. Like it was a nice, nice little room. But the weird thing about me is that like everything had to always be the same.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I told you. I had this like wicker like a white wicker.
Speaker 4: Trunk, very shabby chic, which I would never have now, but like you know, maybe it's under a window, okay, And on it there was placed perfectly some sheet music, you know. I kind of tried to play the piano for a while, so it was a little bit of sheet music kind of put exactly a certain way that I wanted it so that it looked like it had been tossed there, but it wasn't tossed.
Speaker 3: It was like placed perfectly right with the notes.
Speaker 4: And then this hat, a green hat that I used to love, this like you're green little hat and something else, and it just stayed like that for years, and I was sort of noticing that about my apartment, like the way I have like these but I've had these same pictures of London that I had took myself, and they're just like side by side on my wall and they don't look especially great. But like I can't imagine. I don't want them moved. I like things to be exactly how they are forever.
Speaker 3: I mean John, I kind of like that. Really Yeah, so he'll keep like literal like nick knacks sort of things, and he'll notice if I try to like throw it out.
Speaker 4: Oh we'll throw it out, of course. I mean I'm saying, oh, yeah, well he'll.
Speaker 3: Notice that too. He doesn't, you know, even even if stuff looks a lot better. Okay. Case in point, he was given for some reason some show he worked on, but like a million years ago, like twenty years ago, he worked on a show and they gave him this giant coffee mug. But when I say giant, I mean like a comical right, Like you wouldn't use it like a foot like a foot log. I mean it's just giant. It took up like a huge area of the counter and we would just keep stuff in it, like I don't know, like it started accruing stuff in it, like the like dog stuff, like you know, dog poop bags and right toothbrush stuff, and it was just sitting there for so long, and I knew that John like for some reason kind of loved this thing. And finally the other day I was like, you know what a fucking enough I'm getting, I'm throwing this thing out. And I did, and of course he was like, oh my god, like that you threw out the mug and I was like, yeah, you don't need it anymore. It was from some and he goes, no, it's fine. Oh so we have all this counter space. And I was like, god, damn it. If I'd known it was fine, I would have thrown it out like years ago. But for a while he was very attached to it.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. I don't know what.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 4: I mean there's got to be I don't know if it's a pathology, but it's definitely a personality type.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, it's not like full blown hoarding, but it's like.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't, I don't if you walked in, it's not I don't really, it's not that I'm collecting so much stuff. It's just that the stuff that I have. It's like I want the presentation to represent something about me, whether it's true or not. Like you walk into my apartment, there's a guitar, gently like when you that's the first thing you see. I can't fucking play it right, but it's very important that you see that. Like, I like the way it makes me feel when I walk into my apartment. Right, it's like who I like, you're that person. You're that person who.
Speaker 3: Might just like I don't know, I might just pick up the guitar and start strumming out of tune, you know.
Speaker 4: But see, but see that person wouldn't care where the guitar was, that person who could really play it, find the guitar for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Where did I fucking leave that band practice?
Speaker 4: I don't know they have band practice because they actually fucking play it right. Wow, this is deep. I feel like we've I mean, that's so you get to choose. You're in a box of like this is who I want to be, But you can't be that person I would love. I did try to learn to play. I've tried to play the guitar so many times that really hurts my hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's painful. I mean it's super easy. I did used to play the guitar and I played it for many years and my hands so cool. Yeah, but I can't play now. My fingers start hurting you immediately.
Speaker 1: Can you struck?
Speaker 3: Can you pick like a blues like a like a no I played when I was like seven.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that's really cool. That would be a neat thing.
Speaker 4: We've always talked about this, like I want to be like a girl with bings who like can get up and play guitar.
Speaker 1: It's some weird thing, yeah, because at the end of the day, that's what dudes like.
Speaker 4: They like that over the girl. That's like, hey, I actually they don't. I've said this before, but like they don't. Really, dudes don't go for the Liz Lemon. Let me just tell you I am the Liz Lemon, and I promise you they don't.
Speaker 1: It's not cute.
Speaker 4: Look, even in the show, she didn't really did she end up with anybody?
Speaker 1: Hmmm? Oh she did? She had a baby?
Speaker 3: Oh did she?
Speaker 1: I think she did.
Speaker 4: Finally, I think they kind of jumped the shark. She had some kind of boyfriend and maybe had a baby.
Speaker 3: And was the guy in her like nerdy.
Speaker 4: I don't remember, because her boyfriends were always amazing and I was like, good for her. And same with Mindy Kate Kate Kayling. She did that really well for the Mindy Show too. She cast like the hottest guys like Tina Fey had. She had John Ham, Matt Damon. These were her boyfriends. Michael Sheen remember, because that was so funny because he was the British guy and she just was like, oh my god, that's of course who I'm going to end up with like this, Oh my god, it's going to be adorable. And then the first date, she was annoyed immediately because they walk out they walk out of a movie and he's like, who gets popcorn at the cinema?
Speaker 3: And she doesn't like.
Speaker 1: That, No, she hates it, and he annoys her all the.
Speaker 4: Time and she just can't figure out right, Yeah, it was the whole thing, remember there, settling. He's like, you're my settling soulmate. We're supposed to settle for each other. She's like, I won't, I won't do it. But she was so like at first and enamored. He was so British and they're just like who eats popcorn at the cinema.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like that's happened many times to both of us. And I mean, obviously I can think of somebody off the top of my head for you, and I can think of somebody off the top of my head for me that you're like, oh my god, this guy is there's nothing wrong with him. He's so cute, he's so nice, and then very quickly you're just like, h I just can't.
Speaker 1: That's me. That's a me problem, for sure. I mean, it is.
Speaker 4: It just it's like I find it's like the Seinfeld the whole I hate, I hated all that, but it's like where he has all these girlfriends and then she ate her peas too slowly, Like you just find the weirdest shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's been a thing that I hate to say that.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I won't say it, but yeah, anyway, say well no, because I don't. I have a rule where I don't talk about like dudes if I matched with a dude online, because I don't think that's nice. And then eventually no one's gonna, you know, who would trust me? I want to Maybe that's a Patreon, But there's stuff sometimes where you meet let's say it's not even online, but let's say you meet someone in real life and you're like, oh, what do you do?
Speaker 1: Remember back in the day, we'd.
Speaker 4: Meet guys or you know, and they always were like, oh, I have a card, and they'd give you a card. In the nineties, some dude you met at a party who was the same age as you and obviously did not have a business, like living out of their fucking van, and they were like, oh, it always said that they had a production company. You're like, you don't have a fucking production They were made, they made one short somehow.
Speaker 1: That was awful, and then said they had a production.
Speaker 4: Remember those guys mm hmmm, and they're always the name of the production company was like Pizzazz Productions, and you're like, oh, what's Pizzaz Productions? Like who do you guys have a deal with? Just and it was not a thing. You just call the numbers his number, you know. And then the guy, my friend Greg used to have a joke about that because I met I met some guy and his email was like director Joe at hotmail. And then the joke was like, what do you direct groceries into a grocery bag like he works at trader Mmmm mmmm Director, Director Joe, Director Joe at hotmail dot com. You have a hot mail account, Director Joe. Didn't get a Warner Brother's account. They didn't give you an email. Listen. I know there's something in between having a studio deal and trying to do your thing.
Speaker 1: But you know what I'm saying, it's.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh my god, guess what. I just remembered how the Remember how I was trying to tell you at the beginning of this show that I that I took that I sort of did it stole a joke the one time. Yes, I remembered how it goes. It goes like this. How come if a guy sleeps with a lot of different women, he's a stud but if a woman sleeps with a bunch of different women, she's a lesbian. Okay, let's see. It wasn't like amazing, and I think I think I changed the way the person did it. I wasn't like, I'm not like augh. I was kind of being a joke. I needed it at the time. I think I needed it for like a Vegas gig. Pay for it for right? Yeah, I think what had happened? What happened was that I had to do this gig and I've told you this story. I had to do this gig in Vegas, and I had kind of bombed the first night, and so I was looking for any like kind of hack, kind of jokey joke that I could do for a couple of nights.
Speaker 1: And I mean, look, I think i'd.
Speaker 3: Heard I heard somebody did that joke, and I was like, oh, that's funny, and I did that joke, and then I always felt horrible about it. It's like I basically sold joke.
Speaker 4: When you've put it out there, you do it on TV. Yeah, and even then, people do that shit all the time. I mean, look at fucking Amy Schumer. I will never stop watching those videos. We talk about it all the time. I'll never stop watching them. Like how she stole. She just stole. So many people just fucking steal. They really do crazy. It's crazy crazy. And then it doesn't matter because at the end of the day, we're all going to the same place and they're just going in a nicer car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: So like I'm not saying you should fuck people over with comics, like like we said the Robin Williams way was the good way? His thing though, I read I watched an interview with him recently, and his thing wasn't that he would like see an open micro and go, hey, can I have this joke? He would get caught like he didn't even remember that he was. He was so high right, right, and also constantly trying to have to have jokes, So he would just be at the club and it would just kind of enter his brain and he would sort of think, according to him, that he thought of it, which he did, but if you're that.
Speaker 1: Drunk, you know, maybe who knows.
Speaker 4: So he's like, well, I'll just deal with it later, right, And then somebody would say that was my joke, and he'd be like what, I'll what do you want? I'll give you two hundred.
Speaker 1: Dollars, right. He was really nice about it.
Speaker 4: But also there's a world in which he did have to do it right so much that he was like known for it.
Speaker 3: Okay, but what jokes was he He didn't even do jokes really, no, So maybe it was just like a line. I don't know, because I used to listen to his comedy albums and he was very funny, like his standard yeah, super funny. Can I can. I okay, I was saving this for board. So since we're doing it, can I change the subject and tell you about something? Yeah, but I found Okay, this is kind of dumb. But let's see it's it's an article. It's basically about this. I'm not really changing topics. It says Sally Field. I guess she. I guess she must have a new memoir out, because there's some stuff in here. Oh yeah, my work, my job.
Speaker 4: We've been doing a bunch of Sally Field stories about so this was about People magazine.
Speaker 3: Well this is a well there, I have a Sally Field thing about Burt Reynolds, and I also have a Sally Field thing that says she didn't find Robin William's very funny when they made missus doubtfire.
Speaker 4: That was literally one of our articles that I'm looking at right now. Sallyfield recalls Robin Williams trying and failing to make her laugh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I've got to say that this makes her look bad. I'm going to just read you a little Yes, it really does, because and I'm going to tell you why, and not that we would think that Robin Williams doing a bunch of bits while making Missus Doubtfire would make us laugh. But there's kind of a twist at the end that makes you not like her. So it says she's got this confession and basically, oh. She was on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and she revealed that while nearly everyone around her was laughing at William's NonStop antics while on the set of Missus Doubtfire, she remained completely stonefaced, much to the Late comedians frustration. And then it's quote because I would never laugh ever, she told Colbert, and everybody else was laughing and carrying on. First of all, I don't like her use of carrying on. It sounds like she's like, oh, Grandma, Like I wish everybody would stop carrying on. It's like, why would you be unhappy that you're having fun on a comedy set, Like people are enjoying Robin Williams being funny, and you're like, uh, these people are carrying on anyway, it says. Her refusal to break character during scenes eventually became something of a challenge for Williams, who was known for improvising constantly and trying to make his co stars crack. It drove him mad. Actually, she recalled of Williams not being able to get her to laugh. She added, it wasn't funny. It just wasn't funny. Now you could say that like, Okay, he's not for everyone, right, But when we get to the bottom of this article, it says so. Speaking to Colbert, she explained that while Williams attempt to make her laugh behind the scenes simply didn't land, other cast members did manage to get her to crack. Robin was always trying something different to make me laugh. It was so so unfunny. I can't begin to tell you, she said. And then Pierce, so this is Pierce Brosnan. Wonderful Pierce Brosnan. We were sitting at a table at the restaurant and he made a fart noise on his arm and I was gone, that was it.
Speaker 1: My god, she just doesn't get it. She's not. Fuck that's crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean what.
Speaker 1: It makes me so sad.
Speaker 4: But let me remind you that Sally Field, who we love by the way, she is adorable. We're not going to like go too hard on her because she's still kind of she's.
Speaker 3: Just not so.
Speaker 1: She's someone that would work in hr you know, like we.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't be friends, right, Chriscross applesauce person, and that's fine, but don't forget that when she didn't have the part of Mary Todd Lincoln, which she played ridiculously in the terrible movie Lincoln.
Speaker 1: She had to fight so.
Speaker 4: Hard for the role and she, like Spielberg was like, I don't think you're right for the role, and she like showed up in fucking costume and shit, she was one of those oh like yeah, and then like falling to the ground to show like that she could.
Speaker 1: Like that's part of Oh Mary, which is the best play I've ever seen, as part.
Speaker 4: Of what that was, you know, kind of, I mean, that's not what it's about, but kinda it's about Sally Field.
Speaker 1: It's not at all about Sally Field.
Speaker 4: It's a really it's like a fan fiction of what really went down in that Lincoln, you know, with Lincoln Mary. But it's also played Mary Todd has played so absurdly over the top, which is no different than she than Sally Field played her right right, right, she's right drill like absolutely insane, and maybe she was insane, but I mean we don't really know because we don't have videos of her, you know, so I do.
Speaker 1: But yeah, oh yeah, well.
Speaker 4: You naked babe, like fucking crazy ass shit. Okay, that movie is so fucking bad. I'm sorry I have to say it. I had to say it.
Speaker 3: Well you are allowed to say it. I mean you're a film critic. Well I'm just a critic.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well what.
Speaker 3: Do you I mean?
Speaker 1: Isn't Chip told me and I told you last week?
Speaker 4: The Chip said, He's like, I'm this school to is Ebert And I was like, what do you mean, because I'm thin. He's like, no, he said, because ciscool, you know Ciskel and Ebert. He's like Ciskel kind of hated everything like you do. But when he loved something, he loved it so much, so much, and that's how kind of I am. Whereas Ebert, like Chip kind of is just like, well, it's the movies, you know. I mean, it's a flying saucer and a you know, stupid like fucking like fun Star Wars.
Speaker 1: And it's fun.
Speaker 4: It's movies magic, right, So he was a little bit more positive, whereas and they, you know, they hated each other, fought all the time, did they?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you can look it up very easily.
Speaker 4: There's clips of them when they thought the camera was off, I mean like hated.
Speaker 1: They were so mean to each other. Well, who is it for a long time bigger asshole? I I couldn't tell him. Probably school.
Speaker 4: Oh really you no, look it up. I'll send you some video. In fact, you know what, we're a show. That show has stuff. I'll just play it for you. Keep telling me about Sally Field and I'll find I'll find a good one.
Speaker 3: Okay. Well, the other thing about Sally Field is that apparently did you know and I didn't know this, but I feel like everybody probably knows this. But did you know that Burt Reynolds was like abusive?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't know that. I just think he's like like a friendly guy with like a muscle, big mustache.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, you're thinking of Tom Selleck. Oh I am fret. Just maybe he was charming though he would chew that gum. He had that gum chew thing going. He was so he was like the bad boy that you couldn't help but love. It's like you with Charlie Sheen. He was there, Charlie Sheen, like he had that thing.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 1: He was just smooth.
Speaker 3: But yeah, right, right, Well so you know she's come out about that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got.
Speaker 3: I feel like she must have something out. She does have a book. I'm almost okay, okay, because it says Sally Field remembers how Norma Ray was the beginning of the end of her relationship with Burt Reynolds. And then he threw the script at me. Did you know this story? And I have found up on this if you want.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, let's do sound up and then I'll play you siscool Ebert.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got. This is long, but you just tell me when you want me to stop playing it, and I will. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 5: It was a very complicated relationship.
Speaker 6: There were parts of Bert that were so wonderful and lovable, and then there were parts that were really frightening.
Speaker 5: And he was very much like my stepfather.
Speaker 6: It doesn't mean that there wasn't a part of me that loved Bert to pieces, But then I loved my stepfather too. That's the complication of what loving a very complicated person is, especially when you're a child. Because my stepfather was both wonderful and evil, so he taught me that love is wonderful and dangerous. So was me exercising my stepfather out of my brain because I eventually could stand up to Bert and I could eventually walk away.
Speaker 5: Because Bert wanted to control my work.
Speaker 6: He could hurt me, he could, you know, humuliate me, but don't mess with my work, because it meant more to me than work. It was my language with myself and it had always been that, so it was it was the beginning of me pulling away when he didn't want me to do normal. Ray you know, called her a whore because she had some sexual past, and he threw he threw the script at me because I was standing up. He said, boy, you are really letting You're letting this get the better of you.
Speaker 5: And I said, this is the better of me.
Speaker 6: And I went and I did meet with Marty, I did the film. But it was the beginning of me finding my legs. And I really think the roles that I was that I've been lucky enough to have where I got to do the work that I know how to do, that I took a long time to know how to do. That I'm still learning how to do. They changed me, They affected me, They changed who I am, and being norma at that time.
Speaker 5: Was exactly what I needed.
Speaker 6: Because to learn how to stand in her shoes.
Speaker 5: I could feel my own legs.
Speaker 6: I could feel my body getting stronger because I was having too.
Speaker 3: You could tray, Okay, what if we just played Sealifa every show?
Speaker 1: We just played forty minutes of.
Speaker 3: It was two minutes. Yeah, it was a little long, but I was. She was getting to the part where she left Burt Reynolds. Oh do you want to keep going with this?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, you get it. She left him.
Speaker 1: I get.
Speaker 4: I was just I think it's great, and I do like her. I mean she I'm reading the thing about in backs stage where the Spielberg thing that I was talking about, and I guess Spielberg.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Liam Neeson was supposed to play Lincoln. I love those kind of stories. And he dropped out to do Battleship, to do like an action film. He's like, I don't want to do this Spielberg Lincoln thing. He knew it was bad. Do you know how bad it would have to be for Liam Neeson to go now, I'm not doing this. So then he got Daniel da Lewis, who was just I know everyone loves him, but I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: It was a lot. Remember how he.
Speaker 4: Chose to do Lincoln. It was like, because he did these interviews, and he's like, I read that Lincoln's voice was very high. A lot of people don't know that, but very high voice.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, based on what, yeah, And if a lot of people don't know that, then why do you have to stay true to something that's just going to make it weird?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Also, I doubt it.
Speaker 4: Usually people that are that tall do not have high Like it doesn't even make sense what he said, but whatever, Okay. So Daniel da Lewis was in now and so Stephen, according to Sally, was like, I saw you with Liam, but I don't see you with Daniel.
Speaker 1: No, I just don't.
Speaker 4: So Stephen's like, I won't look I'll be fat. I'll wear a fat suit. And he's like, listen, the lighting is gonna be harsh and they're not gonna do prosthetics. And she said, I don't care what I look like. I only care that I will be Mary. It is me, Stephen, I won't let you walk away. Have to test me.
Speaker 1: Oh no, she did it and it was a mistake.
Speaker 4: Steven Spielberg is usually right, although not always, but this was just all kinds of wrong to me. Maybe I need to watch it, did John like Lincoln. See, I'm being very siscle because I just hated it so much.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I mean I think I trust your opinion on it. I was gonna always agree interrupt her and go oh abe, but then.
Speaker 1: I oh wrong, I'm gonna play you. I'm gonna play you, yes please, I'm gonna play a ciscicol neighbor. Okay, So these are well, you know what, I don't know if you'll hear this because.
Speaker 3: Because what is there music?
Speaker 1: You know, this is a bad one.
Speaker 4: There's too much like there's too much what you might call it background, and I call it. Yeah, like they fought a lot, so finely want.
Speaker 3: Me to pause. Oh they're they're arguing about Eddie Murphy raw. Okay, not hearing anything very funny.
Speaker 1: Agree gee Rogers right, it should be cleaned. I'm not playing to the audience, but I'm not saying it should be cleaned.
Speaker 4: Iguage, Okay, this is not it because this is when they're just talking. There's like outtakes where they're actually literally like say your line and like one of them will flob a line.
Speaker 1: And now there's like, we're gonna be your all fucking day.
Speaker 2: Roger, Oh my god, you're lying. And then he said, I'm trying to say a Jeane, shut the fuck up, and it's seriously. And then then they'll go to do the thing and they'll be like, Hi, I'm s and I'm mean Bert and we're here with the.
Speaker 1: Movie tags or whatever. Shut up, God damn it. Like it's crazy, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And it's both of them a little they're seething. I would say Gene is seething a little more than Roger. But I think they were both difficult. You know, they're just like nerdy. They just nerdy film dudes. Yeah, but they were. I mean, they just worked together too long and they just didn't they didn't agree. But isn't that weird that we like sought that out. Yes, Oh, let's sit down and watch these people yell at each other.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, I have one thing to tell you and then we can we can go. But I feel like you're gonna be interested in this, this last little tidbit I have for you. I'm closing some little things that I had open and let me find this story. H Okay, did you know that Betty Broderick, subject of my favorite ever Lifetime movie. We and we covered. We talked a lot about the one who killed her husband. Yes, Betty Broderick, she died oh no, yes, at seventy eight. And remember she's like a Craig Cray like. She was very crazy in prison, like yelled at people a lot, although she was supposedly well at the beginning. That's how that she was portrayed. But she apparently did some like nice things for people in prison. I mean Amanda Pete played her well. Remember that I really loved I think it was me. Yeah, we love Yeah, yeah, we did, we did, but she got a little drop for it, which I don't know where that is. You still have that where I was like, it's the Amanda Pete segment.
Speaker 1: You have it still?
Speaker 3: No, I don't have it anywhere. But we have to go find that, you know.
Speaker 1: We also we have a lot of things. Wait. I just want to circle back real quick before we go. I feel like we did not.
Speaker 4: I feel like you did not respond as big as I thought too that people ate mummies.
Speaker 3: No, I did.
Speaker 1: We move on too quickly?
Speaker 3: I mean how long? For how long did that go on?
Speaker 1: It went on? For a long time.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to google it again, and so this is going now I'm going to be like called into the FBA because now twice I've googled did people eat mummies? It comes right up, By the way, I didn't even have to the first time I googled it, I just wrote did people, and it came up eat mummies?
Speaker 1: Now, how how how would it know that? Because because did you well, because did.
Speaker 3: You already try to google it before?
Speaker 4: No, before the first time I googled it, I just wrote did people? And then it just came up eat mummies. You know what it probably is is that TikTok's going around. So probably a lot of people google the same thing. That's how the Google works, right, they don't know I google it?
Speaker 6: Do you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You don't, just say just right, did people? And then see what happens? Okay, did people? Hold on, okay, did people? And then if nothing, then saying no, you know what, it's oh number four eat mummies?
Speaker 1: Now, fucking what the fuck? This is not something that we should be good. This is insane.
Speaker 3: This is what I have. This is what I have. It said, did people? Okay? It's number four? Down? Number one? Is did people leave the cruise ship, did people die from hantavirus? Did people leave the haunt of virus cruise? And did people eat mummies?
Speaker 4: I mean, this isn't good that this is where we are. It's very telling. It not a good time. It's not a good time.
Speaker 3: You're in a very dark age. We really are.
Speaker 1: And you see the answer.
Speaker 4: From the Middle Ages through all the way through the seventeenth century, Europeans ate ground up Egyptian mummies.
Speaker 3: Oo. No, that's really really gross, I mean.
Speaker 4: And it's also it was a misunderstanding. It was just a big threes Company episode because it was a Persian they had something called mumeia m u m i A. That's not what that meant, and it meant something else, like something else that they ate for medicine. And so the Europeans are like, oh, I guess you mean mummies. You'd think somebody would just go just want to make sure before we go ahead and ground up these mummies and make sure that we're clear on what mumia means, because it just seems like that could mean a lot of things.
Speaker 1: No, no one did that.
Speaker 3: No, somebody was like, what else could it mean? Stop?
Speaker 1: I mean listen to this.
Speaker 4: In the Victorian era, which I thought was later than the seventeenth century, isn't thought the early nineteen hundreds, mummy mania meant that they were not just eaten, but also used as fertilizer fuel and for creating artistic pigments. Now that though, makes more sense. If you've got a dead body, there's no point in just letting it be dead. If it can make fuel, let meke, you can use my body for fuel. But I don't want people eating it thinking it's gonna make them like not have cancer, you know, like I want it to be for real? Did they call it mummy mania too?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Was that a thing?
Speaker 3: You know, like beetle mania?
Speaker 1: Another mummy mania?
Speaker 4: Oh what if we dug up like old songs that they had the similar They're like, oh my god, this is crazy. I guess everything old is new again because this is old. It says the demand was so high that thousands of Egyptian mummies were taken from tombs and sold in Europe, reducing the number of surviving mummies. Wow, this is a national geographic. That's pretty wild. Well, look, we've really come full circle today. Should we say hi to our mummy? Friends, let's do it. You know who has never, as far as I know, not eaten a mummy is Randy may Ames.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. I do not think so.
Speaker 3: She wouldn't do it.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think Carolyn Bastian would eat a mummy or definitely not. Silvano, Jimetti, Sandra Green would for sure eat a mummy. Yeah, Clutt Rock would.
Speaker 1: I think Patrick Price on the phone would question, No, he.
Speaker 3: Would, he would definitely, okay, no questions asked, he would do it.
Speaker 4: Julie Turnbull would want to know if Lake was the mummy healthy. Same with Victoria Blake. I think Andrew Crawford, No, she wouldn't do it. Dick Frolicker probably the one who sold would sell the mummies if he was he was.
Speaker 3: A Mummy distributed distributor. Yes, he was in Mummy distribution, was too.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was.
Speaker 4: Krrie the guys Karrie Maller, Karen Johnson Watson and Joel Shaw would not eat the mummies. Use it for makeup, you know, might use it like she might ground it up and use it for like really pretty blush.
Speaker 3: Kate Didnata would dress the mummies in really cute outfits.
Speaker 4: John Price, I don't know what he would do. I'll ask him. I can text him myself and ask him do it.
Speaker 3: I will listen. I think other than me talking about domestic violence, I think this show went better than we even thought it was going to.
Speaker 4: I just thought of a song tan on a Son because you said I said straight up right or you said straight up straight up?
Speaker 1: Now tell me?
Speaker 3: Would you eat him? Moumy forever? Oh no, I'm not so is better or.
Speaker 1: Just another manic mummy?
Speaker 3: I like that one better?
Speaker 1: Okay that that kind of flows.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's the name of this episode. Just another manic mummy? Write it down.
Speaker 1: Why are we not more famous? Why are there so many podcasts that sucks so much that people listen to you. I'm not even joking. This is just stupid.
Speaker 3: Bob loves that. Bob are you into that? Are you stuck into that?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, hold on, Bob. Okay you guys, I love you.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, we love you, We thank you, thank you, we are sorry, We are sorry today. Goodbye bye,