Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to a very smooth episode of Jeff Jeff bizzar Adventure. To my left, I have the psychedelic Lucy James.
Speaker 2: We're goome to midnight drive here with Jeff Jeffs Bizarre Adventure. Thank you so much, John, it's great to be here.
Speaker 1: And to my right, I have the man known as the Funkatronic. It's Tomorrow's saying.
Speaker 3: Hello everyone, I am the Funkatronic. Goodbye. That's all.
Speaker 1: That's so and oh oh he's saying what we're all thinking. It's the pterodactyl Jeff beckl Art.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, it's it's a pterodactyl. That's the pterodacyl talk. Nobody knows, no one's around, but I'll tell you what. It's sixty eight degrees light, winds out of the southwest, beautiful time for a drive home. Thanks for joining the.
Speaker 1: Or wait, what is Jeff and in the show? For it? For it? Two minutes in?
Speaker 4: Thanks for joining the Pterodactyl.
Speaker 1: We'll get back to Jeff just bizarre Adventure right after this.
Speaker 2: You could have done the Pterodactylus the Eye in the sky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's I really feel like, I really feel like I kind of I set you up with gold for that bit. I just feel like I got pteradact I just feel like I got nothing back.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 1: Please Yeah, I used to a dactyl.
Speaker 5: I spell it, spell it.
Speaker 2: P T E R O wrong.
Speaker 4: What I don't know.
Speaker 5: I used to listen to a show called Alan Robson's Night Owls Northeast radio show, and the whole catchphrase for the show was did not have a pooh between ten and two, because those are the hours that he was on, and it was a call in show. It's like, didn't have a poo between ten and two?
Speaker 2: You know he's doing no.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do we get him on here?
Speaker 4: We get that guy?
Speaker 2: We get that guy. I think he got like an obe or something.
Speaker 4: A terodactyl that would have been good for like the Flintstones traffic report. You know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Jeff, I think like, you know, you could have you could have done some squawking. You could have been a bit more like the last couple.
Speaker 3: He deserves an I don't know, I don't know why.
Speaker 1: You know what time you're doing? Right? I am no, I'm not gonna, I'm not going. Can't all knock it out? Of the park first time. Take it away to the terodactyl, Jeff Beckeler, This is the pterodactyl, pete the pterodactyl. That's not an alliteration. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: Uh listen, I'm up in the sky, I'm cruising through the Northwest, and I'm seeing some shit. I won't I can't squad because this terodactyl's got a sore throat. Back to you, John in.
Speaker 3: The studio, somehow worse than the first YEA, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's definitely like its kind of moraler energy.
Speaker 4: You know, I think it's messed up that we're all assuming pterodactyl's squalled, and I think, hmm, that's like an unfair assumption.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think you think it's the kind of whole dinosaur feathers kind of thing happening.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean the one dinosaur that flew. I don't know, maybe you.
Speaker 2: Think it was the only one that flew.
Speaker 4: That's popular, the most popular flying one.
Speaker 5: And you know the kid yesterday, well, the my friend's kid was saying, like having her milk before she's going to bed and triump. Can you tell me about dinosaurs and sharks? And one story and the thing is is that it turns out I have a very limited knowledge about both. So you could tell me that the t rex flies and I'd be like, maybe was it in the movie?
Speaker 2: Missed it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Dinosaurs are neat. They're fun. You know, sharks sharks too, but I think dinosaurs are cooler.
Speaker 3: Growl, hiss or click rather than squawk like birds.
Speaker 4: So there you go, there's your click.
Speaker 1: You're not getting a third shot.
Speaker 5: Do you remember when they found that Neanderthal body and they recreated what his voice would sound like and it sounded hilarious.
Speaker 1: It sounded like, ah, do you guys feel like that science is constantly trying to humiliate the dinosaur?
Speaker 4: Ye? No, I don't think that's true.
Speaker 1: You think I think by putting I think that the dinosaur had a very noble and frightening air to them around Jurassic Park, And I feel like since then, body, there's just this group of fucking scientists and they're like, oh, guess what. They grew feathers or they had feathers, Oh guess they They they sounded like weenies when they said anything, Oh guess what. They're really gentle lovers, those one on, isn't it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: You made the last one up that I don't think. Yeah, I don't think giving a gigantic like two story tall. Uh, you know, dragon lizard is like all of a sudden, you know, gentle, you know, like, come on, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: That's insane? I mean, okay, are you saying that you would? Are you saying you didn't chuckle a little bit when you found out the tyrannosaur, king of the no Jungle of the prehistoric age actually was Jeff, That's silly, it's envision it. It's silly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you guys are are you're not suspending your disbelief enough or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: You're kind of a dragon dinosaur erotica.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that's irrelevant.
Speaker 1: Triterra tops and bottoms. Yeah, okay, that's the name of the book.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know. I look, I don't care. It's fine. No, I I get why it's dinosaur tri Sarah toops and bombs. I get the joke. I get it. You know, give any give anyone the chance to make things fuck, and they'll do it. I understand. That's the way the world works. It's fine. I'm not taking anything away from dinersas I don't care if dinosaurs whenever, whenever they open their mouth, it sounded like a clown horn. I don't care, I don't care. What the fuck They're still horrifying. Yeah, exactly. You know, do you ever think about that?
Speaker 1: I haven't had a lot of time to think about that, Jeff, because what I've been thinking about is the first piece of the flashback from this episode where and I just had to laugh. I watched it today and it's a recap of the conversation with Varius. Yeah, wouldn't it be a shame if a stray arrows like a straight arrow?
Speaker 4: Which, yes, poise, do you want me to lay it out for you?
Speaker 1: Just why not getting it?
Speaker 4: He's like, I'm saying, hire an archer to kill Griffith, you dumb, dense bitch. How hello, Hello? This is what is the egghead's name? Like Foulis or something.
Speaker 1: Follow something like that. Yeah, anyway, kill him.
Speaker 4: He draws a picture, he draws like a whole diagram of how it will work, you know, and.
Speaker 1: Then and then and then your mind's like, yes, it would be good if someone did this. Let's hope that happens.
Speaker 4: Just to be clear, you don't mean me right, Like I don't have to be the one to do it right.
Speaker 2: Well, you'm afraid. You signed your name right here. You've agreed to do it. This contract is legally binding.
Speaker 1: I thought these were two incredibly strong episodes.
Speaker 4: I agreed, agreed, they were excellent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think this look. The first episode is good. The first episode is like, you know, it's putting the piece is in place. We start off it's like the kind of hitting party and the band of Hawk are escorting the King. But that second episode, man, there is so much berserk in that episode. So many like huge things happen.
Speaker 4: A couple of things I learned.
Speaker 2: Before we dive in, before we dive in.
Speaker 5: John, Yeah, Pepper pig bag.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh what does it matter?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, can I see it?
Speaker 2: Can I see it?
Speaker 4: Pepper pig And then and then somehow describe it to the people listening.
Speaker 2: Oh it's Percy Pig. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Percy is the name of a very nice sweetie that you get from Marx and Spencers in the UK.
Speaker 3: I gets from Marx and Spencers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we live, we live fancy around here. Sometimes that's good.
Speaker 4: I'm glad someone who has an attic their fancy now wow. Cool.
Speaker 1: You know, Jeff, list is something I told you in confidence, and now people know I have an attic. A matter of time before.
Speaker 3: The basement dedicated to pinball machines is getting up with you about someone with it.
Speaker 4: They're not.
Speaker 1: They're in my pinball room, tam, not in my basement.
Speaker 4: Please. Number two, Uh, you have a you have an addict, and therefore you were doxed. Listen, here are the two things that I noticed this week. But everyone definitely I had my suspicions that this was just a Game of Throne show.
Speaker 3: What didn't we give Jeff homework to write an episode or something?
Speaker 4: No, I would agree, damn.
Speaker 3: We definitely think.
Speaker 4: It was more long term. I think I had more time.
Speaker 3: Noway, gave you a week to come up with some some reason or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we gotta go back. There's no way to know. Listen, there's like the all over again. Tell me about that ruined a month of my life? So right, very Game of Thrones, I get it. That's what Brazik is.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Awesome? Cool? Fine. I accidentally watched this show on one point five X speed and didn't realize it, and it was fine, Like.
Speaker 1: Jeff show, I will take I will fucking shoot listen.
Speaker 4: It wasn't on Perman, John, it wasn't one of those product but you've done it once.
Speaker 1: You did it once, Jeff. When there are people on Twitter like productivity gurus, and one of them was like, you know what, you can just watch anime on one point x five.
Speaker 4: No, no, you.
Speaker 2: Can to yourself help help books at one point.
Speaker 4: I'm not advocating. This is not me advocating. Obviously, everyone should consume this show at the proper how God intended one x speed right, like do that. I just want you to know that it got flipped on by accident, and I did not realize that, Like I didn't even.
Speaker 1: Like you're you're bringing this as if it's like some kind of discovery to be applauded. This is a I think. I'm just saying, like to me, it's it's just very demonstrative. Like, man, this show really makes a meal out of everything, like it just and that's fine, that's I get it. That's sort of like I think White Lotus does stuff like that too, where they just make you where they make you like soak in the uh you know, scenery and all that, and and I like that I think it's a beautiful way of storytelling. Again, this is not a dig at berserk. I just think it's one of those funny little things that I noticed. And you can watch this show, uh and not realize it's being sped up by a time and a half, which I thought was I'm gonna lose it.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: Listen, John, if you shouldn't, you shouldn't show me what makes you squirm? Okay, because now I have Now I have some leverage here, Bud.
Speaker 2: What a weird way to phrase that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so strange.
Speaker 4: It's okay. Leverage anyway. Friendship is Jeff, Maybe with your friends.
Speaker 2: No get leverage over each other.
Speaker 4: Don't tell me how to be friends with people. Okay, this is how I do it. How I do it.
Speaker 2: I treat it like the boardroom.
Speaker 4: Man, it's a constant battle. Success, always success. It's always succession. It's always succession.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're not constantly trying to establish a mild psychological dominance over your friends, and how do you even know that they like you? Exactly agreed speaking, But look at my cat.
Speaker 2: Everyone look at her. She's just lying in the sun. She's just having the best time. It's so sunny. Even see half of her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see I see a strip of white with cattiers.
Speaker 2: That's just me. Think it's pretty good anyway.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so the King is like watching watching all his dude's hunt, and he's like, in my younger years, why I would have done this? And then they're like, oh, you're not so young, King, But he's like, well, you know, if I if I step in there, the hunt will be over instantly. And everyone's like, ah, this guy and so powerful, and cork is two point zero is basically just taking a moment to like glare at Griffith.
Speaker 3: He wait a second, I think I feel like we've mischaracterized the king here. That's not what he said. He said, I'm old as fun. If I get involved, I'm going to ruin this for everyone. And they're going to be yeah, that's kind of okay. Has been like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought, yeah, time is time is completely correct there.
Speaker 3: That's why they say it's very kind of you, your majesty mm hmm.
Speaker 4: What are they hunting? Like a little fox?
Speaker 3: They're doing At one point nice to do this suddenly transitioned into a bear or boar, and I was like, when did that happen.
Speaker 1: Huh, And the fox is like running along and Goods steps out and basically goes like to stop the f boo boogy. Yeah, and you can tell he didn't want to be here. This is silly bollocks and he doesn't absolutely great use.
Speaker 2: Of silly bollocks. I haven't heard that in a while.
Speaker 1: Yep. And all right, we get our only Carcus moments for the entirety of these two episodes, well nearly the entirety, bullshit second one. He's in the second one at the very end, but like, it's not enough. It's not it's it's not really enough at all.
Speaker 4: Now, it doesn't fill the Corcus quotas what actually were true fans of the people in the fan club call it the Carcus quota Porcus not being met.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, it's it's it's it's very disappointing. But thankfully that's why we have our own professional caucus impersonator. And Jeff, I would like to I'd like you to bring us into a scene where Corcus Guts has just moved in across the road and he is not stowing his trash cans correctly, correctly, and Corcus is writing him a very angry anonymous letter telling him that he should be a better homeowner. Go for it.
Speaker 4: To the brute that moved in down the way. This is a note from a concerned citizen. We are part of an h o A. I'm not sure you know what that means, but it's a homeowners or association. Sometimes I struggle reading my own writing. Some call a chicken scratch. I think it's fine. We have rules here, sir, and part of those rules follow the nights you're supposed to put trash out Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday's regular trash Thursdays, and repeating every other month, every other month recycling. Please sought it. I did this for you the other day, and I won't do it again. Listen to me here, Listen to me now. This is the last time I will sort your recyclables for you, you brute. All the best, all the best. Attached is a fifty five dollars gift card to bed Beth and beyond. Welcome to the neighborhood, yours caucused.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, Jeff, I don't give you a lot to work with with them, but you really smash it every time.
Speaker 2: Every time it's like he's been taking.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable Yeah, thanks, guys, that means a lot.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that. It's fun to do.
Speaker 1: Do you ever feel like sometimes like you you kind of stumble on like an stier talents. I think you're okay, we're on the flat relations Jeff. It's just it's what you were meant to do, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, well, hey I do. I am about to have my first it's uncredited, but I did get my first voice acting work.
Speaker 1: He did, serious, I did.
Speaker 4: It's for it's for the Netflix show, David Letterman's Netflix show for my next guest. I'm sleeping with the producer. Let me. But I did get work, and I did get paid. No, I have the option. But it's like it's been five grand a year to the screen as though she gets up.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. You're gonna be a David Lemon thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just like a voiceover thing that they're like, we need someone to sound like a podcaster. Yeah, they're like, we need someone to sound like a podcaster who's like lazing Caitlin Clark, who's the who's like the she's an amazing women's basketball talent.
Speaker 5: Yeah wait, I could just imagine Stacey being in the meeting where she's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, I know a guy.
Speaker 4: She's like, oh, he's the next door and the office next to me. But she she gave she gave me direction, and you know it was it was a great day of work.
Speaker 1: Jeff. If I write and Ipatchole's character for you, will you voice them?
Speaker 4: He's already one without come on without.
Speaker 5: The nicest thing that anyone said about that me being in that I patchual thing was that they watched it three times and couldn't tell which one was me.
Speaker 1: That is actually that's actually really a compliment.
Speaker 2: I was like, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I showed someone a script recently, and does someone who like doesn't work in areas sometimes give you, like just a piece of feedback and they don't realize how devastating it is. They're like, oh no, why do all the characters, why do all the characters talk like you?
Speaker 4: And I was like, that's funny, that's rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that hurt. That hurt, baby. And another thing that hurts is the feelings of Princess Charlotte when, because she doesn't like watching these hunts there enough for her, she wonders why men always engage in activities of bloodshed. And that's where Griffith's like, I'm not like with her boys, and he gets little leaf and he like puts it to his lips and oh my god.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I was laughing. I've not I did not think I'd be hysterically laughing. Griff Is just like, yeah, you're right, all men are pigs far noise? What about this leaf fart? No is this little squeaking duck fart?
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, what.
Speaker 4: Is this show doing? What is happening? I was laughing so hard. I showed Dylan. He's just like, what are you what? Why are they doing that?
Speaker 1: I would resist the urge to relatable Dylan much berserk. This is the safest scene for him. Yeah, okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Next time he goes outside, he's gonna be picking up leaves and going.
Speaker 1: But just like the way Griffith just just apropos and nothing was just like, yeah, you're right, men are gross, We're all gross.
Speaker 4: He just it's like two fingers it up against his fucking mouth, and it's just like, what is she supposed to say to that? She's like, oh, good point, because she's like that's awesome. I love it. That's the name of this episode. Never tried it. I would give it a shot, but without a doubt.
Speaker 3: We'll have to next time we're together, any sort of event that's coming up, we're gonna have to get you.
Speaker 4: I hope there's leaves. I hope there's leaves.
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 5: Is it like a not to be crass? Not to be crass, but is it like, Hey, if I can do this with my mouth with just you.
Speaker 4: Know, imagine what I could do with that fox?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you think this was like a horny thing.
Speaker 1: Likes him? Oh yeah, I just thought it was like, yeah, to try and a little from column, a little from I think I mean showing someone how to do something with their lips. You know.
Speaker 4: I think I think both things are true. I agree in thinking about it for another second or two, Griffith has not done anything that's not sexy, right, so he's it's impossible for him to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the least sexy he can possibly be.
Speaker 4: And it's still quite, and it's still a fart noise, and it's still yeah, like I want no ever.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's something that I feel like I'm kind of adding my I feel like I say stuff like that sometimes and someone will be like, you know, actually, ipatch if you're into farts, I actually have a sob breada and I'm like, go away.
Speaker 5: A friend of mine once missed a train from a train, the last train back to London, and we lived in the North of England at the time, because we were watching.
Speaker 1: Cake farts.
Speaker 4: If you've ever seen oh my god, you really brought things to a level here.
Speaker 5: I know everyone else what cake farts as he was on the internet around twenty ten.
Speaker 4: You know what I love the most? Cake farts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did any of you pause it when Griffith was doing the leaf thing, because if you pause it, it looks like he's just got really weird lips and he's touching them.
Speaker 1: He looks like he I love my great lips.
Speaker 5: I look it looks like he looks like he went down the fucking old isle at Sephora and picked up a green lipstick and some blue.
Speaker 1: Contact good fairness colors. Just Jojo character.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, yeah, oh oh, I know about her. Yeah, I have watched it officially. I know we've watched it officially, but I know about that character. My favorite Jojo Griffith is uh, you know, I mean, come on, like this guy and we're about to be introduced to his death stayer, which is also pretty sexy, kind of a little bit like Paddington's. Don't you think I have never seen a Paddington? I know, I know I will, Okay, I know, I know you should watch those.
Speaker 1: I have also never seen a Paddington. I think they're illegal here.
Speaker 2: Oh although, what was it?
Speaker 5: Like two guys vandalized a Paddington statue in the UK last.
Speaker 3: Week, stolen. There's a video of it, and there was.
Speaker 5: Like a headline where it's like this goes against everything Paddington stands for. And I was like, oh, really really upset, and like, to be fair, that bear is incredible and he's very polite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I just loved that.
Speaker 5: That's the that's the standard of decency in the UK right now, is like, what would this little bear do?
Speaker 2: There's always something with him.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: So Lee fart noises aside, so Lee farting. We get a kind of longing look from Kaska kind of watching Griffith, but then she kind of a couple of a couple of shots later we kind of get she kind of smiles and she kind of looks away, and I think there's like a kind of sadness to it, and I think she's kind of like, well, Griffith ain't mine, but at least he's kind of moving up in the world. What's happening?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Okay, keep going because I want to speak to the next scene here, but I don't want to get it in front of you.
Speaker 1: There, Bud. We get a brief scene with Corcus two point zero, and I'm just going to say, the most assassin looking fucking dude I have ever seen. He has little assassin's hat, his skin is like kind of desaturated. I don't don't know, It's like he is class in a cat. He was, he is every part of this person is built for skulking around in like the shadows. Yep, that's it. It's typecasted, you know. And then the fox turns into a bore, as Tim points out earlier, and wait as hell, it's you know, that's some foxes are so tricky, tam. I I grew up around foxes, and sometimes they do they they sometimes they make really weird noises, they go like like that, they turned into their animals. It's it's mental.
Speaker 3: Did anyone notice how the backgrounds in this episode look absolutely atrocious as well.
Speaker 4: The background.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you go back and watch them in the background, it's just a bunch of smears for a long Why.
Speaker 1: Why why did you tell you what's happened in their tam they did with this episode is they did like I would say, maybe like a dozen a dozen like master shots, and they were like, Okay, that's all the time we have for every background. We're basically going to use a crop section of this shot because everything looks really like blown up and really close to the camera.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then later on all the inside areas in the cast will look really good for some reason.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the assassin looks almost like a like an evil Disney character.
Speaker 1: He really does, so, I believe. Then the boar scares Charlotte's horse and she goes racing off, and our boy Griffith goes after our friend Griffith, and we get the scene of the two of them by the lake, and little Charlotte's she's she's fallen for Griffith hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who couldn't.
Speaker 5: Who wouldn't fall for a guy who can make a fat noise with the leaf?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: She's like, that's the one that put me over the edge. I'll do anything, he says, yep.
Speaker 1: And he kind of like wrestles her horse into stopping and then, which is pretty good. It's like the Princess, this princess Princess.
Speaker 4: I just love that he calms the horse down. He's just sort of like, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey hey hey hey. Is he just saying hey, just patting its chest?
Speaker 3: That's pretty Princess Charlotte looks a lot like Princess is older.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she has the same kind of headdressing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the same character.
Speaker 1: Good pull to him. And that is when Griffith is struck in the chest with a crossbow bolt.
Speaker 4: I laughed, I did, you laughed, Yeah, because like obviously this show is not over. Now, you're not going to kill Griffith. It's just like they're not going to kill Griffith. I just laughed how slowly he fell and how not hurt he was, Like, you know, because you knew he's not dead. I didn't know how he's gonna super I not think bad would ever happen Griffith in this show. No, well not in episode nine. And also I just enjoyed his slow motion fall. I thought that was funny your phone slow motion, Jeff, we talked about this, Yeah, yeah did we? But yeah we did. But like even for this show it was slow. Yeah, it was pretty sick.
Speaker 2: Wait, and you were watching at one point five speed as well.
Speaker 4: So no, no, that was only for like that was only for like four minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I told you I didn't watch the whole you guys, I see. I feel like you employed that you had watched the whole. No, no, look, it's fine.
Speaker 4: It started on one point five, so like that means I also saw like.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, you watched the opening credit didn't.
Speaker 4: Realize a pen No, I fast forward the song. I hate the song. This song is just like it's just like butt butt garage Rocket's bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like it's.
Speaker 3: Just doing their best to speak English and saying it's whiny.
Speaker 4: To apologize to the nation, the great nation of Japan. No I I read on Japan. I enjoy Japan uh in a in a big way. I have dreams that I get to go there, and then I wake up and I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jeff, Japan. Maybe maybe if I read you some of the lyrics, you'll you'll see the area of your ways.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that will not be the case. Go ahead, feel no shame about shape. Whether Chase changes their phrase, every mother will show you another way. So put your glasses on. Nothing will be wrong. There's no blame, there's no flame. It's up to you. The first words should be finded. Whatever holds you back? I can get it off, can't the first the first couple of songs, the first couple of times I watched it. It's fine, okay, but I can't do it all the time. I fast forward to that, and then there was like a pan that went real fast, and I'm like, oh, wait, what's going on here?
Speaker 1: So when you said that like you couldn't tell the difference, you actually could tell the difference.
Speaker 4: No, I couldn't because I fast forwarded the credits. I didn't listen to it. Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I keep ended up on podcasts with people who don't like this song.
Speaker 4: I mean, if it was on the radio, I'd leave it on. How about that. I'd be like, oh, look, it's the berserk song and also the Sad Bastard. I like the Sad Bastard score. I think that's good. The berserk sad song the the one.
Speaker 1: That's called themes.
Speaker 4: Theme of Guts. I like Theme of Guts.
Speaker 1: I play it on stream whenever something sad happens.
Speaker 4: Oh that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yep, and we should.
Speaker 4: They should play theme of guts. They should play theme of guts when the when the wrong teams score, when the visiting team scores at hockey game. That'd be so funny.
Speaker 5: Why don't you suggest that to him?
Speaker 4: I can do I think I can do that.
Speaker 1: Chad Hockey, I'm doctor hockey. It's fine. The bailt actually protected him against the arrow shaft. Hit the egg, everyone, I'm okay.
Speaker 4: Hit the egg.
Speaker 1: Cast is freaking out, She's like, we need, we need to get you checked out. It's okay. Hit maybe my weird egg with a face, you know, the egg with a face that I had earlier.
Speaker 4: You know, there's big sort of eight ball size weird thing that somehow fits under my armor. And it's totally fine and normal. It hit that dead on, but.
Speaker 2: It's all right. It's not scrambled or anything. Guys, we're good.
Speaker 1: Is that the thing to talk sometimes? Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: Guts, It's the king, It's the egg king.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 4: The King of the egg who cares the egg of the king. That implies the king is somehow laying eggs across the kingdom. Don't too much about that.
Speaker 2: Hey, do you not know that? Nowhere in Humpty Dumpty doesn't mention that he's an egg.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, because of ground but.
Speaker 5: Like, why would well, why is he always portrayed his an egg? It never mentions that he's an egg.
Speaker 1: Like, the fact that we gave him an egg form is disturbing, and the fact that in the story he's not an egg is also separately disturbing. Yeah, well, I hear you. Following that, we get a scene between Corcus two point zero and this failure of an assassin, and he's like, God, damn it, what do I do now? And outside there's a handmaiden listening to him, and that doesn't come to a lot in these two Well, I guess it. I guess that's how you know, that's how Griffith knows right in his pocket.
Speaker 4: That leaves it over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he says it later on in the other episode, like I found out by this method.
Speaker 1: And more scenes of this dude just fucking seething over Griffith. He hates him so much.
Speaker 4: It is funny how obviously like they're just standing across the like.
Speaker 1: Julius, He's just right there.
Speaker 4: He's just right there, Like he's not even like hidden, he's you could tell his like he has the hat that he wears that like point he kind of hat. Griffith is like, also, like I can obviously fucking yeah, I could.
Speaker 2: See politically Griffith could not say, oh it was.
Speaker 1: Julius given the crazy eyes. Get to the crazy eyes. Mmm. We then get this scene in Griffith's study where Goods comes in and look, I'm just gonna say it, Goods can wear the shit out of a tank top caddy. He really he's he's looking books so good.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to say it. I don't think Griffith read all those books.
Speaker 1: No I don't. I don't think he was lying. I think I think maybe he read like have to lie about it.
Speaker 3: He's just straight up hair in my garage. It's called this new Lamborghini hair. Just like, no, mate, you didn't read all those.
Speaker 1: Books, no, no way. I watched a book enthusiast, Like he's just enthusiastic about the idea of books and their bindings and stuff. And then he was explaining before that when you see like an old study like this, the point wasn't like that someone read all these books. It was just as basically as close as you could get to an internet search engine back then. Oh, I want to know about this thing, I wondered, Do I have a book on it in my study? I thought that was really interesting. That is really interesting.
Speaker 5: Friend of mine is a bookbinder like repairs books, and it makes all videos on his Instagram about all the books he repairs. Like, I think, if I wasn't doing this whatever you call this is, I would love to do something like art restoration and repair. Very difficult, but I think it would be very satisfying.
Speaker 1: That would suit your temperaments, Lucy, I think that's a good fit.
Speaker 2: Think about how many audiobooks I could smash through.
Speaker 4: The irony there. And it's funny.
Speaker 1: This is a kind of like it's an unusual scene because it's kind of like Griffith basically being like Goods need you need you to murder someone? And Goods is like, hey, whatever you know, ordered me to do it, don't ask me to do it, Like it's it's cool for you anything, Yeah, bro? And do you think Goods can read, or do you think that he's kind of pretending he can read?
Speaker 4: Because I thought about that. I this scene is presented in such a way that it made me think that he can't read.
Speaker 3: Because he does the classic I can't read move where he opens the book to the middle and then just stares at it. Because if you were trying it, if you had any indicator, if you had any ability to read it, open to the first page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like where would Goods unless he learned to read in the Band of Hawk, which he maybe means. There is no way Gambino taught Goots to.
Speaker 4: Read from what I can gather, Carcus, No, all right, we need a caucus teaching Guts how to read. Guts, Guts, Guts, sound it out. We talked about this, what's what's this letter? And what? And that's not a letter? What's what? Sound now?
Speaker 1: To now?
Speaker 4: Together? Good and pat you on your head.
Speaker 1: You're a good boy.
Speaker 2: Did you see that? Because he came into the back and you're like, can we Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't know why. I don't know why he's like treating Guts like his little little illiterate pet.
Speaker 3: But I think we need a full like scene of guts and carcus reading like the hungry caterpillar or something like that.
Speaker 4: All right, well we'll have to add that in as a special fee drop. Yeah, we'll do that.
Speaker 1: So Griffith takes out the arrow and he's like, this arrow was coated in expensive poison. It could only have been a noble and goods. This kind of kind of looks like some of this is going over Goots's head, but he's like, okay, sure, whatever, who do I kill?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We basically end on a shot of Goots just looking like the most badass motherfucker. He's got his like assassination robe on. Yeah, he looks like Guts batman. I would don't know if I'd send Guts to like assassinate someone, because I think it's kind of like basically sending like a walking talking fridge to be stealthy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's I don't know how no one goes. He's like the assailant had a nine ft sword.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just the sickest biceps, Like, holy shit, that guy works out.
Speaker 3: We haven't seen him wearing this cloak since the first episode where he's walking in the rain slutty tank is.
Speaker 4: But he's nimble he's nimble. He got up to the top of that roof looking like Batman, Like he's nimble, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean he's you know, he definitely got to that roof. But yeah, should probably be fine. Nothing will probably go wrong. I wanted to ask perfect assassination. I've gone flawless. So do you guys watch the next time?
Speaker 4: On?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: He Sometimes I would encourage you guys to watch it just to hear the fucking performance of the narrator. He is giving it eight hundred percent and he's not talking about the show. It's like like it'll kind of be like kind of man sees his own destiny or is it ruined that draws him near and it's just him soliloquising for for like forty seconds and just in the most like the most dramatic of it's almost a.
Speaker 3: Little high coup about destiny or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, always yeah, So it's okay.
Speaker 5: So it's like I didn't want to get spoiled. But if it's like an arrested development type.
Speaker 3: Thing, you know, well, you know what, I can read it out and you can tell me if this relates to.
Speaker 4: Jesus is Lucy's ring also British.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it alps her feel more at home.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, maybe we just can only.
Speaker 3: Understand my my SERI is East London, British man.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 3: It's very specific. So it just makes me feel like I'm chaying to someone from home.
Speaker 1: I have nice to get my like, I don't know Google Voice assistant to have a nice voice. I can't, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: No, No.
Speaker 3: So the next episode is dreams. Each man has a dream. Each man longs to pursue his dream. It tortures him, but the dream gives meaning to his life. Even if he should end up being destroyed by his own dream, No man can allow himself to leave it behind. In this world, does the man possess anything more solid than a dream? What does that mean? What does there any of that means? It kind of does relate a little bit to I guess what Griffith says towards the end.
Speaker 4: But yeah, but it's kind of gobbledygook.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean when you're watching that, you just be like, so, what's happening in the next episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this next episode what's called Nobleman. This is an incredible episode. I think I feel like so much happens, and they established so much of like Guts and Griffith's dynamic and like, you know, a potential problem on the horizon certainly.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: We open up and Guts is midway through assassination and then he is kind of he's diving from rooftop to rooftop. The real real batman vibes from goods here and he happens on a he happens on the courtyard and it's Julie. Is his name Julius?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 4: Yeah, now adding an Adonis now the kids. Yes, I thought that's what you're talking because that's who he sees in the chore. Oh no, they're fighting, you're right, Yeah, they're sparring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's it's a really interesting scene because like that it doesn't make any direct mention of it, but it's like this is what Guts used to do with Ambino. Yeah, like this this like just have the shit beaten out of him by an older dude with a sword and he's watching like little Adonas try his best against his dad. And I think like the amounts that Adonnas and Julius both get fleshed out in this little like six minute sequence is yeah, fucking crazy, very good.
Speaker 4: Like it's also like the priest guy who's like add some collar there too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. You find out that like Adonnas's mother is dead and that Julius has had to raise him by himself. He also has big expectations for Adonnas because not only is Donna's going to captain the White Dragon Knights who up until the Band of Hawk with the strongest knights, Adonnas has a chance at becoming the king if he gets betrothed, betrothed to a queen princess Charlotte, And it's like you can feel all this weight being placed on this kid. But then we also meet this priest character who's really like a kind of he's really like a kind of the actual father fing he tries to cam and you can tell he really cares about Adonnas, the priest and he's like, oh, I think that's enough, sire, and all this kind of stuff, and I think this scene really effectively, Like Julius is still an asshole, but you see where some of it's coming from, because the reason he's being so territorial over the crown is he has this child who, in his own way, he is trying to protect and it sucks and he's bad at it and he injures his kid and then he like drops a towel on his head, and the priest dude is like, listen, don't hate your dad. He's he's been through a lot, and I think it kind of it kind of gives you the feeling that maybe, like, you know, this dude has been with his family for years, and it's just it's there's a lot of like really important, subtle character stuff happening here. And I think my favorite part is when we get the scene of like the priest and Adonas or the priest's you Ulius, and again the priest is like, listen, I think you should ease up on the kid, and Julius actually has this moment where he's kind of like, oh, fuck, you're right, like kind of maybe, yeah, maybe I've overdone it. And that is like the most human thing we ever get out of this character, and I think it kind of it softens them and that makes what comes like only more tragic.
Speaker 4: Yes, agreed.
Speaker 3: He there's also like in that scene, there's also like some lines that undo that because he talks about him being frustrated at not being competent in the court being a big reason. So he's taking out his own frustrations on the kid.
Speaker 1: So that undoes that. I think, like he's still an asshole, but you can tell there is some attempt to come to terms with the fact that he is an asshole.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think he just knows and the priest Assan checks him. It's like every now and then, just like you've been in an ousehole again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we get we have a little ballroom scene and it's basically Griffith hanging out with all the nobles again and a lot of the ladies being like, Griffith, you're so fucking cool. And then some of the men come up and they're like, Griffith, you're so fucking cool, and he's like, it's true, I am. And Princess Charlotte comes up and everyone's like, oh, she's even even more beautiful than normal. It's that's that's the further they have Jeff and they they they comment that maybe she's in love. And that is when we cut back to Julius's chamber and he is attacked by a hooded guts who just murders the guy like there is yea. It is immediate and Julius recognizes who he is in his final moments, and here is I think we get like one of the most I guess, shocking parts of Berserk A Donnis. Little a Donnis opens the door, little baby bridges Donnis opens the door, and God sees him. He looks at him and he's like, that's a kid, and that kid's about to give him away, give me away. And he runs them through the sword and just fucking murks him right there.
Speaker 4: Brutal.
Speaker 1: God goes, oh, like.
Speaker 5: What have I done?
Speaker 2: The immediate remorse, but the fact is he clocked him and still did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he like there was he saw him, there was a beat and then he did it. Like this wasn't a sad accident. This this at some it's it's like he ran the numbers and he was like, if I don't kill this kid, then everything Griffith and the Band of hawk Art is over. And so he runs them through. But then yeah, you just have this moment of like he realizes what he's done and he takes the kid's hand and he just goes, yeah, I'm I'm here, and it's fuck, yeah, I didn't like that. Let's not do that.
Speaker 3: Again, it's so weird because when he kills Julius, he looks down at him and he looks like like he's showing remorse. Oh, he's like shocked at what's happened before he kills the kid. And then he does the same thing when he's killed the kid, which is kind of weird because he's up until this point been portrayed as like a killing machine, like he doesn't really think about it, he just does it. So even for someone like Julius, it's weird that he's taken aback by what's happened.
Speaker 1: So my read on that is, like, you're right, Tamly, he totally is a killing machine. But at the same time, whenever he kills someone, it's not like this, you know. It's like, yeah, it's not like in their chambers them without a weapon. It's on the battlefield. It's covered in suits of armor. And this feels this feels weird.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, And I think that's partly the point where it's I mean, as we go on into the episode, there's a realization that happens at the end of the moment end of the episode. I think this is the beginning of that where God starts to understand the place he holds within the world currently and in Griffith's world totally.
Speaker 1: But you can tell, like the moment really shakes up Guts, and I think it's it's done really well in the in this anime, but like the moment where he takes the kid's hands, the panel of that and the manga is really beautiful, like really really well done, and it's just it's really it's horrible, Like it's it's kind of like, oh shit, like this is this ain't right. But before we Guts can even like process it, he's you know, attacked by the guards and they chase him out, and then there's like another really sad moment with the priest dude and he's like Little Adonna's who would do this?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty tough, it's pretty rough.
Speaker 1: We then get a kind of, I guess, kind of a nightmare hallucinatory scene where Little Guts kills Gambino, but then it kind of turns out that it was Zod and it's like, what do you guys make this scene?
Speaker 4: I kind of couldn't really place it because I didn't understand like what Zod was doing there.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's I was gonna say, I think it's like a representation of something in his life that he feels is insurmountable right now because he's I think, like not Fortuzard is the first character or combat and he's come up against that as like thoroughly destroyed him, and I think it kind of makes him feel like he were he felt when he was training against Gambino, where he felt like, you know, he's been towered down on by this undefeatable figure. Sure, and then it kills Ambino like Zod kills the Gambino, which I think is kind of like shifting the trauma to another character now, and that being No s Faratuz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he gets hit with an arrow and is having a lot of trouble, and that is when basically everyone's in the We cut to the band of Hawk in the pub.
Speaker 3: One thing in that scene, the No Feratud scene, there's a moment where his hand he puts like it looks like is putting his hand on his own face and then it flashes into another face.
Speaker 1: Looks like a little bits.
Speaker 3: It's important. That's an important frame, very very important frame.
Speaker 1: It's like guts, I guess, becoming like that kind of be steel Monster, like in there's this team in like Berserk and like we'll see it more later, where actually we won't see it more later because the character. The character is so fucked up they didn't want to put him in the anime. But I guess it's this idea of like the man becoming the beast and like like giving into the worst, most violent, angry parts yourself. And I think that's kind of that's kind of what they're going going for with this. We cut to a pub and the band of hawk or drinking, and I kind of maybe I missed something at the start of this. They're kind of upset that Guts isn't here, Yeah, and somehow that's got them in trouble. I think.
Speaker 5: The fact that they've already lost Griffith to the gentry, right, and so I think Guts is like the next best in terms of being a capable leader, like who would kind of fill that hole. Like Caska has a lot of respect from them, don't get me wrong, but like the way that they kind of fawn over Guts is Yeah, maybe they just feel abandoned by him a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, and and Okay, I just listened to it there, and what Caska says is that Gots slacked off the drills today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why she's mad with him. But I think the rest of them just.
Speaker 1: Want to hang out with him. Yeah, totally. And you know what, maybe her too a little bit.
Speaker 4: Who knows.
Speaker 1: So she basically she approaches Goods and then is like ready to give him hell. And then immediately when she sees that like something's wrong and he's a little fucked up, she kind of she immediately switches like she's immediately like, wait, what is this?
Speaker 4: You're hurt?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so she follows him and he makes his way to like a huge fountain and it's there he sees Griffith and Charlotte, And I love everything about like the staging of this scene. I think it says so much about berserk and so much about like the dynamic between them of guts. Like at the bottom of the stairs and he's like kind of covered in shadow and he's looking up at Griffith and it's kind of it's just some really fantastic visual storytelling, and Caska's kind of holding him back and she's like that's She's basically like, that's not our world. You can't Griffith right now when he's with the princess, See, can't you tell? Look how high up they are. That's that's above our head. What are we meant to do? Go all the way up there stairs? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You crazy?
Speaker 1: And there's a really sweet moment where Caska tears the arm off her the sleeve of a thing and then wraps it around Guts is Yeah, that was cool. How you guys feeling about Guts and Caska at this point?
Speaker 4: I think this I think these two episodes has changed their dynamic just a smidge. I think Caska now finds a little bit more camaraderie with Guts now that Griffith is sort of like, is one step away from being a straight up, you know, noble person, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: Griffith basically enters a giant monologue about dreams, and he talks about how dreams are the most powerful things on the planet. A dream can control the world. But then he also goes into the spiel about like no one could ever be his friend unless they have their own dream, just.
Speaker 4: Like, okay, buddy, and Griffith, do you want me to hate you? By the end, of this episode. What are we trying to do here, Bud? I can't be friends with people who like can't dream? What's that about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so unusual for them to be anything dislikable a bit Griffith, But I think we found the one spot, one, the one thing, the one blemish.
Speaker 4: Beautiful guys, even when you play these when you play these games, don't play these games with me. Okay, yeah, look, we're just talking about We're just talking about our friend Griffith.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, well I will.
Speaker 4: I will continue to suspend my disbelief about our boy here and see what happens. I don't think I do.
Speaker 5: I just like.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: He's just kind of crucial and uh he's he's a sneaky little bitch. We'll see, we'll see what happens here.
Speaker 1: Like I think at the end, He's say, Griffith is compelling, right, Like there are no boring scenes with Griffith. Yeah, like he's always the present thing, he's always worked, and like that's how he's meant to feel in it as well.
Speaker 4: Like he's a slippery, He's a slippery ship. You know, he's a slippery you know, he's sort of is doing like a fun thing on the fountain where he like he like jumps up, but he like effortlessly jumps up in a way that he looks like he's sort of covering.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, no, no, no he's not.
Speaker 1: He's wearing just like normal. It's just didn't No, he's just in his noble noble.
Speaker 2: And he's just sort of like like his noble like light armor, a.
Speaker 4: Lot of frills, Lucy, he's his business casual right now, and he just like levitates up on the fountain in a funny way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, very regal. He also says that he dreams or people dream of ruling the world.
Speaker 1: Which is like do they and also says, like ruling the world what a fucking pain?
Speaker 2: The worst I was confusing him with the next scene where he is back in his armor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And also he also says importantly, no one in the band of Hawk is his friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because his friend would have to have their own dream. And yet like a sound cute and quick to goods face and he looks devastated, like Jesus Christ.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: The thing that is weird here is just the geography of the scene where like he's close enough that he hears every last thing he's saying, but it's also unseen by uh, what's their name in Griffith Charlotte, and I'm like, okay, Charlotte, Charlayne, and Charlene call her Charlene for the rest of the whatever. Yeah, it's fine. You know, he's devastated. And then they literally show like a screen grab, like a drawing where he's just they like eliminate the stairs and it's just a height thing and like Griffith is floating in the in the ether and Guts is sort of on the ground level, which is pretty on the nose for this scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. I think it's it's just yeah, it's great.
Speaker 4: It's good. Good, it's good stuff. It's a good show. You guys, thanks for showing me Berserk great.
Speaker 1: If I can't tell you of how valued the opinion that Berserk is good. Yeah, I mean, did you let me only really swinging for the fences here?
Speaker 4: Let me ask you, this.
Speaker 3: Is finally confirmed good.
Speaker 4: Did you think I would like it?
Speaker 1: I honestly didn't know, because I feel like I also didn't know. Yeah, I thought because.
Speaker 3: It's a change of pace.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're all just all over the place.
Speaker 5: Well, because I think it's very important for you to see it and know about it, right, But at the end of the day, it's a It's one of those things that you recommend to people, but you kind of have to say, hey, what are content warnings in here? You kind of sometimes have to really be in the place to be experiencing this story.
Speaker 3: And I like this.
Speaker 2: I've never seen the animes. I don't know how much of it they do.
Speaker 4: It's it's not my favorite genre obviously I hate I don't hate it. I just I don't seek out this theme. But good storytelling transcends all, you know. Total.
Speaker 1: I think Jeff, like where I was kind of worried that maybe you wouldn't get as much out of it is that I always felt like I feel like I was correct in predicting how much you would like Cowboy Bebup. I think what I got wrong was the specific things you would like about it, because I think a lot of the more kind of slow paced or sorrowful scenes seemed to be stuff that didn't really resonate with you as much. Yeah, and I was a bit worried going into Berserk that that would be the case here as well.
Speaker 4: Oh, interesting Okay, I gotcha. Yeah, well it worked out your your four for four.
Speaker 1: Yeah you liked one punch man.
Speaker 4: Come on, who's not liking that? Come on, that's fun for the whole family.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you can tell us something about this thing that Griffith says is like just punches a whole right through goots and after he just.
Speaker 2: Fucking murdered a guy and his kid for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's it's brutal. And then we get this scene. I fucking love this scene. It's the egg Noble and Griffith, just the ships their little fucking yep.
Speaker 3: I like calling him noble because means dishonorable, which is works for him.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'll take it a sparring match between these two. This is like a battle, but just with words. Yeah. And it's like it's it's like him trying to pull something out of Griffith or get some little reaction because he knows that Griffith is the one responsible for Julius's death, and so he's he's he's like, hmmm, quite curious to death of that Julius.
Speaker 4: And I wouldn't have anything to do with that, would you.
Speaker 1: It's it's really I think it's really well done, because one of those things. For like, neither of them are talking about the actual thing they both want to know, but they're both talking about all these things that are adjacent to it. And see who slips up first.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is the most Game of Thrones as scene, oh totally.
Speaker 3: You know, also makes it funny for the vast majority of it. They're both standing in front of each other with their eyes closed, so no one can really tell what the other person is doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Varis always speaks with his eyes closed.
Speaker 3: Eventually, Griffith does open his eyes and look, Butnoble his eyes closed the entire time.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, it's a foot exchange. It's kind of like, Okay, these two are really kind of spar and and then Griffith walks away and egg Noble kind of gives them the like one eye closed. They're like kind of looking at him, be.
Speaker 4: Like, m well, because he has a bit of a panic exack.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, because he thinks about what not quite yet, Yeah, you're right. And then a second later he goes and Griffith is standing across the hall looking back at him with just the most murderous look you could possibly imagine. Holy shit, Lucy and hard stare moments.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yep, I'm much Paddington before we next record.
Speaker 4: I love I love that, like they meet and then when they show the egg guy, he's just like quivering, He's like, you know, partulably, they're like fifty feet apart. Yeah, right, and then I just love Griffin's like that'll be all.
Speaker 1: And just like.
Speaker 2: He knows he's one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it. What a show does? I think that means that he's cooked now, right, like he's next on the hit list. Yeah, yeah, he's gonna.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess we'll see. I guess we'll see.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize Oh no, sar, no, no, no, my thing is a non sequence, so Karen.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was just gonna say, we get one final shot OF's holding his sword and think what Griffith says, put.
Speaker 4: The boner sword just piercing clouds. This thing. I just it's so insane. This pan up. It takes fourteen seconds for them to pan all the way to the tip of the sword here.
Speaker 1: I just feel like, I don't understand how long the sword is, Jeff, how long and hard it is. And I think we know, I get it.
Speaker 4: I get it. I would use that thing to do. I would I would like pierce food from across the table with it. It would it would be an extension of me. Yeah, you know, what were you going to say, Lucy?
Speaker 2: So I didn't realize they didn't do Puck like at all.
Speaker 4: Uh, Puck.
Speaker 3: Puck wouldn't be Yeah, he would be.
Speaker 5: Like in the very beginning of the whole series, and I guess they just don't converge with him later.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think they compressed too much of the first episode too. I bet I wouldn't be surprised if there's like a moment or two he's in it. But no, they don't do the tiny naked flying fairy.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, because it's this one thing that backlaw, I would love to see his reaction.
Speaker 2: It is fucking Puck.
Speaker 1: It's fine. So in the Goots, Gouts is constantly followed around by a tiny, little joyous fairy who's all who's constantly like everything's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god, that's a pretty that's a pretty large.
Speaker 1: We're not getting it in the Golden Age arc. Yeah, we're watching. But he was in the first episode. He was meant to be in the first episode.
Speaker 4: Is Puck is Puck. That's the fairy's name, Puck ye put? Yeah, what do you you all slept on that for?
Speaker 2: Like I'm sorry for five episodes?
Speaker 1: Is that is it meant to be his like inner monologue or you know, he's an actual fairy who follows got surrounds?
Speaker 4: Okay, got it?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Oh times doctor picture like Shrek is as I was.
Speaker 4: Going to say, that's not what I'm aware of.
Speaker 3: This is, Yeah, I like, I don't. I find I found annoying until there's going to be another name that Jeff is just going to go until like your Cidareo Jones and stuff like that, and then there's more of a balance between the different people. But I don't believe we get that far in the enemy in in like actually to talk about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And for a long time on the Internet, there was this kind of idea that Berserk was a masterpiece except for Puck and that was the one flaw. But I think a lot of that opinion was kind of coming from like the edgy boys who like Berserk because it was so fucked up, bro, and not people who I feel like, you know, we're appreciating many of the kind of wonderful things about Berserk. Yeah, so yeah, two really strong episodes. Yep, very very Ah how many I left out another episode? I think fourteen sixteen?
Speaker 3: Maybe, Yeah, we still got a little bit to go.
Speaker 1: We do, we do? And oh boy, are we going to go places? Oh?
Speaker 2: The places will go?
Speaker 4: Here we go. It's okay, I'm looking forward. I'm excited. H this was a tremendous duo of episodes. Tremendous.
Speaker 1: I'm really glad you're enjoying it, Jeff, Hell yeah.
Speaker 3: Are we going to tease anything? What something coming up?
Speaker 4: We might be doing.
Speaker 3: Packs?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh oh yes, I uh yeah, if I yes. We don't know exactly the super specifics of it, but it is certainly happening.
Speaker 1: Pas, you guys have a good time.
Speaker 4: John's got a book a flight, but.
Speaker 3: Sean is coming.
Speaker 1: I am going to be there. Yeah. I get to see if Tom and Lucy are real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a sophisticated hologram before I live closer to him. I love a lot closer to him.
Speaker 3: But yeah, So keep an eye out if you're going to Packs East, or if this now sways you into coming to Packs East, we'll potentially should be doing a panel A couple of things. But yeah, John will be there. It will be a chef Jeff's panel. Please be excited. Spread the word.
Speaker 1: Lucy James. Where can people find you?
Speaker 2: I'm Lucy James, games everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's more for saying tamorro h everywhere, Jeff Backlar, Just you know, find me, like where you want to find me on Blue Skys Like we'll hang out, we'll talk cool, We'll just mix it up a little bit. Thanks John, Okay, cool? Do you want to have to have any more information like home? Just anything.
Speaker 2: Social security?
Speaker 1: I think you appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I'm wherever they sell addicts.
Speaker 5: Sounds like you said, and then I remembered the callback.
Speaker 1: Find you TV for a Slash, Super I, Patch Wolf and in the games every Friday. Okay, guys, thank you for joining us. From the episode. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 4: Bye bye, Jeff. Jeff's Bizarre Adventure is hosted by timur Hussein, Lucy James, John Super Eye, Patch Wolf Walsh, and me Jeff Bacalar. Our post producer and editor is Jean Luke Sepke. Our logo is designed by Justin Bashan and Jesse O'Brien. Thanks so much for listening. Anime,