Speaker 1: Sid and Friends in the morning entertaining and informative.
Speaker 2: On the Red Apple Podcast Networks.
Speaker 1: Is Craig Carton right, Well, the starting quarterbacks played this weekend. This guy Hall of Famer w a n legend and now Sid Rosenberg contributor by former Midday partner on the Fan, the Great Joe Beningo. Joe Good Tuesday morning, Buddy. How are you?
Speaker 2: What's up? Sidney at the hey doing baby?
Speaker 1: I am doing great. Lot is up Friday Night? Jets and Giants, the under the preseason, Here comes regular season football, Jets and Titans, one o'clock on the thirteenth. That night, Sunday Night, eight twenty Giants and Dallas. What Craig seems to think your teammate there at the Fan that neither starting quarterback will play this weekend? That makes no sense to me. The you know, they used to bench these guys the last preseason game, but that's when they played four not three. What do you think I.
Speaker 2: Think neither of them play. To be very honest with you, you know what, let's be honesty. Okay, preseason football, which I likened to no outcoholic beer, I've said pretty much it's pretty much the same thing. Look, there's been you mentioned it, Chad Pennington, Jason Seehorn. You know I still got scars from when Joe Namath got hurt in the first preseason game in nineteen seventy one against the Lions. That's right, So I I you know what, So you know, I I why why play him? Look anymore, with the way the preseason is now in the NFL, you know the limited contact they have in practice and all this. Now, you know, you're really the first couple of games of the now eternal seventeen game regular season, so to be eighteen. I really like preseason games. I mean, you know, I hate to say it that way because the games count, but it probably takes a few games before you know, you really start to hit your stride. So I don't think you're gonna see anybody play I mean you really, I mean that's generally what it is.
Speaker 1: No when you played four games. But I mean, at least he's quarters played a couple of games, so they don't start the first game of the year completely, even though it's a couple of weeks apart. But I think you're right. I think you know, when Jackson Dart got blasted by that Viking defensive back. And I know he finished the drive by throwing a touchy.
Speaker 2: Tracy missed the block, and then he had a big fumble last week in the Dolphin game. For what that means.
Speaker 1: But no, that means a lot. You know, when the other the other kid that got from the Bills, hears Ago Singletary is playing much better football.
Speaker 2: Than and he also signed naj Harris.
Speaker 1: Right, the former Pittsburgh Steeler in Alabama running back. But nevertheless, he throws a touchdown the end of that possession, that drive. But that one scared the hell out of me and the Giants.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, well it didn't scare Dart because he wasn't too thrilled about going into the blaze.
Speaker 1: I know he complained.
Speaker 2: And let's be honest, ok I gotta be honest about this, Okay, all right, I'm all for safety, player safety and all. Really, you know what, in a lot of ways, that blue tent is just you know, I'll call it virtue signaling SID because if they were so worried about injuries, then why are they playing seventeen games? Why they soon to be playing eighteen games? Why did they have the San Francisco forty nine ers in the RAMS two with to Markey teams in the league a right to certain suiting Super Bowl contenders. Why into freaking Australia for an NFL game on Thursday night? Why?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't like any of those. I don't like the Mexico games and London games. Oh you're right, they got their own and I got start.
Speaker 2: I know he's not on my team. We should have drafted him. I can't tell you how much I love him.
Speaker 1: If you love Jackson Dart that much, and you got the great coach in John Hawball and the deep ense should be really good. You got a bunch of first rounders. I can't stand up Dual Carter, but he's a first rounder obvious, right. You got Reest there who looks good in the preseason. You must have very high expectations for the Giants.
Speaker 2: I love the Giants. I would. I don't know what the over under is for them. I'm not sure what it is.
Speaker 1: It's I think it's eight and a half, but I'm not shift.
Speaker 2: I would clearly bet the over, and really they got it. I think they got a realistic shot to win the division. That's what I think.
Speaker 1: So you think the Giants are going well ten and seven.
Speaker 2: Are I think to win ten and so I can see him wining ten games. I think that's not so you think you think you think the health is a factor, right, Neighbors has to stay healthy, the offensive line has to play well. Obviously Dark has to stay healthy. That goes without saying. But you know, you got the two things that are to me that are the most essential things you need to win in the NFL, and that's a coach and a quarterback.
Speaker 1: You do have that. But you know, the Eagles have a quarterback that's won a Super Bowl and a coach just won a Super Bowl. They've gone to too No, I know way J. Browns with New England right now, and they've gone backwards the last couple of years, especially hurts. But are you ready to catapult the Giants ahead of a team? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think one of the reasons, Look, let's be honest about it. When the Eagles won a Super Bowl a couple of years ago, one of the big reasons is they had an all world year out of Saquon Barkley. Okay, he had an unbelievable season. He had an MVP type season that year. Random football. That's one of the reasons Hurts played as well as he did. I mean, I think the Eagles are still good. I do. I think Dallas is going to be much improved if they had defense, you know, you know, get it's better because their defense has been a disaster. We know Dallas can score points. We know offensive leader are very good. I don't know where Washington is. We'll see what happens. Daniels is coming back, but I give I give the Giants a shot, Bro, I do, I really do.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about your Jets. What have you seen this preseason to make you feel good or not so good about this upcoming season?
Speaker 2: Well? I think, look, they're going to be better by accident, you know, but I look, I love the moves that First of all, the best thing the Jets have going for them is the general manager, Darren Mougie, who I think really knows what the hell he's doing. I got to tell you that, Bro, I like the moves he's made. I love the draft. I think you know, one thing we know about Geno is you can throw a pass. I mean we know that. I mean, you know we had a quarterback last year that couldn't we know Gino can and remember one thing about Gino to it. But you know last year, bad year or raatest radist thunk and all it is. He played behind an offensive line. He got sacked fifty five times last year, Gino Smith fifty five times. The offensive line and the Jets this year should be a strength with the two first round bookend tackles, you know. Leading away, I think they're gonna be a much better football team than you think. And I think they're clearly flying under the radar. Nobody has any expectation level for them in at all. Do I think they're gonna make the playoffs? No, but I think they're least going to give us a season. You know, like my birthday is September twenty sixth, the season will not be over by my birthday.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize your birthday is a day before my beautiful wife, Danielle's birthday. She's nine twenty seven. Yeah, she's September twenty seventh, So you both virgo.
Speaker 2: Lit younger than me and obviously a lot better looking.
Speaker 1: So no, you look great. Cut that out look anyway you look at it. They're a third place team. They're not better than New England. Do a Buffalo. They're better than Miami, so the third place team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but which is fine? I mean I just want to see you know what I once said, like if we're in December and they showed the playoff breakdown, they always show that, you know who's in who's leading the division. You know, they got that column in the hunt. Could I be in the hunt in December?
Speaker 1: That's fair? Any other team, you know, Aaron Rodgers his final season in Pittsburgh. Kansas City gets Kenneth Walker who ran the ball so well for the Seahawks, who won the Super Bowl last year, you know, and the brother the Chiefs are going to be better anyway. Any other teams that you're looking at at the start of this season that the very least interest do you find uh interesting?
Speaker 2: Well? I think the Rams, I mean, or they brought Miles Garrett in. You know, they came close last year. They still got the big time quarterback in Stafford. You know, you got uh you know, uh pooh and the coop you know catching the football there. I you know, you always got to look at them. The one thing about them is that that division is brutal. You got you know, Seattle's in the division in San Francisco, So that's gonna be a tough division.
Speaker 1: Let me go to Seattle because I think the Rams are the best team in football. They've been the best team in football, I think for years. Haven't won the Super Bowl every year. But Seattle did win the Super Bowl last year with Sam Donald did do you think that was a flash in the pant for Sam or they'll be great again this year?
Speaker 2: Well, look, Sam add Let's be honest. I mean, he had a tremend this year. A couple of years ago in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: I know, but the two biggest games you needed to win, he was awful.
Speaker 2: But now he won a super Bowl, So the biggest games kind of win he's won. You know, look you look back to that season. I mean, I don't love this. Coach is Kevin O'Connell. And he thinks he knows what he's doing. You know, come on, now he's got Kyler Murray as his starting quarterback. He really got a lot of confidence in him. You know, he drafted JJ McCarthy. You let Donald go. That was a mistake. Let's be honest about it. You got to give Donald credit. I mean he's always had the ability. I don't think he was ever coach right with the Jets and ever he used right there, so good for him.
Speaker 1: I saw somebody on ESPN this week.
Speaker 2: And another in the long list of Jet and first round draft choices that won a Super Bowl somewhere.
Speaker 1: Out someplace else. Yeah, I know that. I know somebody in ESPN this weekend said that lookout where the Chargers this year.
Speaker 2: Chargers are a fake team. Give me a break. One of the most overrated teams every year, in one of the most overrated teams in football. They never win. Okay, we always talk about their quarterback, whether it's Fall Rivers or whether now it's the kid Herbert and White think it's extremely overrated. It's got a good looking wife, but extremely overrated, no doubt about that.
Speaker 1: But they got the coach.
Speaker 2: I don't buy the Charges for a second.
Speaker 1: You don't like Jim Harball coach.
Speaker 2: He's a great coach, but still win. I don't The Charges are a fake team to me, bro every year.
Speaker 1: Would you be interested next year at this time when Gino decides jeze Rabbit up because this guy did not get a new deal from Tampa Bay. Would you want to see Baker Mayfield in a Jets uniform.
Speaker 2: If you would have told me this when he first became a free agent a few years ago. If you all in, I want my own quarterbacks. Hid. I gotta be very honest with you. I don't you know, it doesn't work when we bring these guys in. It didn't work with Brett Faub, it didn't work with Aaron Rodgers. You know, it did work with Vinnie many years ago. But you know generally that doesn't work. We have to get our own guy. And I want to see this kid, Club Nick play. I gotta tell you right now, I want to see him at some point this year get a shot because next year my team is sitting there with three first rounds choices and I you know, with the chances are we're going to draft the quarterback. But what if we didn't have to? You know what I'm saying. So I want to see Club NC play. I know they were very high on him. Frank Reich was high on him. Moujie was high on him. Let's see what happened to play four years of Clemson started a lot of games. I do want to see what we got in him at some point this year. You know, I don't want Baker Mayfield,