Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pub quiz practice show that hits you po right in the quizzer. I'm Anny Flora, I'm David Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than people have said. This is Sparta and then pretend to kick someone down a hole. So many people have said this is Sparta since the movie three hundred came out.
Speaker 2: David, Oh, I see what you've done in this instance.
Speaker 1: Time. This ties into anything. Three hundred episodes.
Speaker 2: By back, three hundred episode wow, wow wow.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys. We would never be here without you. That's so. We want to thank everyone who's ever listened, ever bought us a coffee, our patrons, the MVP VIPs of d m vs.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep. Everybody on a on a treadmill, on a outdoor running course, right now, in your car on a road trip. If you get angry, if someone says Regina, not Regina. Everybody has been with us on this journey. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Every listener question that has been sent to the Live Star Review, Yeah, send them in. Do do it?
Speaker 2: So you kind of crept up on us in a way because we've been busy lately or else we would have done maybe a three hundred themed episode somehow or another.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we were busy because we were getting ready for a Plunger Day, which is tomorrow. Today's Thanksgiving? Everybody every Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: So what we're thankful this Thanksgiving? Is you? Thankful that we've received enough support to want to do three hundred episodes? And we hope you guys can celebrate with us tomorrow with just functionanigans on a day known as plung Your Day.
Speaker 2: So that'll be Friday, the twenty eighth noon, Mountain time. Get that zoom link from us, come and hang out, play some Plunge your Day trivia number two themed trivia. Yeah, but something that's not number two, something that's actually number one. He is is coffees that we got recently. Uh oh. We want to give a bigger thanks to Helen and Dave for buying us coffee.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Helenaden day Pew.
Speaker 2: We appreciate that so much. And if anyone else is feeling festive in the plung Your Day spirit, visit kodash Fi dot com, slash Quizbangpod and send us some fun, uncut one hundred percent caffee. Oh boy. Other than that, let's get to our three hundredth episode of trivia. This is how the three hundredth episode of trivia works. Wiz Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions, whose answers are all clues to one final question. Round one Question one, The category is anatomy, hinge, pivot, and saddle are three types of what skeletal structure? Question two? Category geography in what Canadian province is the capital city located? That's the capital of Canada. Question three category history. Stanislaw the second August ruled from seventeen sixty four to seventeen ninety five and was the last king of which country the fifth largest EU country? Question four Category science. This one comes from listener Brandon. Thank you Brandon, Thank you Brandon. What element has the highest melting point? And now the answers to round one? Question one? Hinge, pivot and saddle are three types of what skeletal structure. Those are joints. Question two, in which Canadian province is the capital city located? That is Ontario? Ontario is the province and Ottawa is the capital. Both Ottawa and the most populous city, Toronto, are in Ontario. Question three. Stanislav the second August ruled from seventeen sixty four to seventeen ninety five and was the last king of which country Poland? Question four? What element has the highest melting point? Tungsten of all metals in pure form, Tungsten has the highest melting point at three four hundred and twenty two celsius or one ninety two fahrenheit. It also has the lowest vapor pressure and the highest tinsil strength pencil strength.
Speaker 1: That's great for Christmas time.
Speaker 2: Tensile round two.
Speaker 1: Question five the category is sports. In nineteen twenty six, Gertrude utterly swam what in fourteen and a half hours, breaking the men's record by two hours, and is the inspiration for the Daisy Ridley film Young Woman and the Sea. Question six, the category is theater which Aristophanes comedy shares its name with, a nineteen sixty three natural horror film directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Question seven, The category is film. This question comes from listener Bobby.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Bubby, Thank you Bobby.
Speaker 1: What was the first horror film to be nominated for Best Picture? Question eight? The category is Food and Drink. What is the process of folding butter or other fats into dough and rolling it repeatedly to create many thin layers called and now the answers to round two? Question five? What did Gertrude utterly swim? In nineteen twenty six? The English Channel? Question six? Which Aristophanes comedy shares its name with a nineteen sixty three natural horror film directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Well, there's nothing more terrifying in nature than birds. It's the birds. Question seven. What was the first horror film to be nominated for Best Picture? The Exorcist? That's a good question. I think it lost to the Sting They got nominated for like around nine I think like nine ten awards. Question eight. What is the process of folding butter or other fats into dough to create many thin layers called lamination?
Speaker 2: That's it for the first half. That means it's time for the Bang Bang round. The category for this week's Bang Bang round is animals. This one comes to us from listener Major Data.
Speaker 1: Thank you Major, Thank you Major.
Speaker 2: You'll have thirty seconds to give as many answers as you can to the follow What are the seven rat heites a polyphyletic group consisting of all birds within the infraclass Palaeognathi that lack keels and cannot fly, that have ever existed. I'll break it down for you. Name some big old birds that can't fly. There's seven of them living and extinct. Your time starts.
Speaker 1: Now, that's time. Seven rat tights that have ever existed and still some exist are the ostriche Emu, cassowary, Kiwi, moa, reya, and elephant bird. And to be fair to Major Data, I was like, well, I don't know if everyone knows what a rat tight is. Let's sort of the definition in and then the definition I threw and was not helpful. So thanks Stavin for the breakdown.
Speaker 2: Even I failed because Kiwi's not that big.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, they all are very big, except the He's like, guys, it's a fun question though, yeah.
Speaker 2: Round three. Question nine the category is language. The word alphabet comes from the first two letters of what language. Question ten category transportation. This one comes to us from listener Mami, thank you, maymy.
Speaker 1: Thank you, mama.
Speaker 2: In operation since nineteen thirty, London's Great West Aerodrome later became the site of what. Question eleven category Games and hobbies. Traditionally what color are the community chest cards in the game of Monopoly? Question twelve category television in the office the American version, what does Michael Scott eat at lunch to make him fall asleep? And now the answers to round three. Question nine. The word alphabet comes from the first two letters of what language. It comes from alpha and beta in Greek. Question ten. In operation since nineteen thirty. London's Great West Aerodrome later became the site of what. Heathrow Airport I think it operated from nineteen thirty to the mid forties, was I think controlled by the military, and then kind of was off and on after that, and the land was in dispute here and there and blah blah blah. But it eventually got taken over by the civil authority and they made it into he Throw International Airport. That's fun aerodrome. You don't hear that as much anymore. We should bring that back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and name your child that.
Speaker 2: Question eleven. Traditionally, what color are the community chess cards in Monopoly? Yellow? The chance cards are orange?
Speaker 1: I haven't played Monopoly in a minute, You.
Speaker 2: Don't need to. Question twelve in the office, What does Michael Scott eat at lunch to make him fall asleep? An entire family sized chicken pot pie.
Speaker 1: That'll do it, yeah, Round four. Question thirteen. The category is technology. This question comes from listener Patrag. Thank you, Patra, Thanks Patrick. Completely automated public truring tests to tell Computers and Humans Apart is better known as what Question fourteen? The category is music. What is the best selling album of the twenty first century thus far? Question fifteen? The category is science? What element is named after the Greek word for green, something many kids with blonde hair are familiar with. In the summertime? Question sixteen, the category is literature. In twenty ten, Jonathan Franzen was the first American novelist to appear on the cover of Time Since what legendary and prolific American writer? And now? The answer is around for question thirteen. Completely automated public turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart has better known as whatcha cap? Tcha capha. So when you get those, I'm not our robot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just have to check a box.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Question fourteen, what is the best selling album of the twenty first century thus far? It is twenty one by Adele and we thought this was interesting. In second place, it's The Eminem Show by Eminem. Third place is Come Away with Me by Nora Jones, In fourth place twenty five by Adele, and in fifth place Back to Black by Amy Winehouse. I would have expected, you know, like Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift and Beyonce. You know those names you hear yeah all the time. Those would have been my guesses. So it's just interesting. I mean, Adele makes sense, but it's crazy that she's on there twice. Good for her. And I wouldn't have expected Nora Jones up there, so interesting.
Speaker 2: List are those Starbucks locations at bottom?
Speaker 1: That's true? Question fifteen. What element is named after? The Greek word for greenish yellow, something many kids with blonde hair are familiar with in the summertime chlorine? Question sixteen. Jonathan Franzen was the first American novelist to appear in the cover of Time since what legendary and prolific American writer. It is Stephen King.
Speaker 2: Well, that's it for the regular rounds. That means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is Society and Culture. We'll ask you three questions, the answers of which we're all clues to the final question. Keep in mind if three clue questions may not be from the same category as the final question. Question one, which company made an acquisition of twenty first century Fox in March of twenty nineteen?
Speaker 1: Question two? What's twenty ten film flop? Has the character Dave learned that he can do magic? And stars Nicholas Cage, j Barruko and Alfred Molina?
Speaker 2: Question three? Which actress starred in Gross point blank? Goodwill Hunting and Phantom of the Opera.
Speaker 1: And here's your Big Bang question again the category of society and culture. Who did Romanian authorities ban in nineteen thirty five due to worries that he would give children nightmares?
Speaker 2: And now the answers to the Big Bang Round. Question one? Which company made an acquisition of twenty five first century Fox in twenty nineteen? Disney?
Speaker 1: Question two? What twenty ten film flop has the character Dave learned that he can do magic and stars Nicholas Cage, Jay Barukal and Alfred Molina The Sorcerer's Apprentice.
Speaker 2: Question three? Which actress starred in Gross point Blank, Goodwill Hunting and Phantom of the Opera? Mini Driver? And she was she Christine in that?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Emmy Rosom played Christine? Mini Driver was Carlota?
Speaker 2: Isn't a rassam? The one in Shameless?
Speaker 1: Sure? Is? Huh?
Speaker 2: Good for her?
Speaker 1: Yeah? She's great? And your big bang question? Who did a Romanian Authorities band in nineteen three five due to worries that he would give children nightmares? The mascot of Disney who starred as The Sorcerer's Apprentice and Fantasia and Minnie's Boyfriend. It's Mickey Mouse.
Speaker 2: Horrific.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's kind of nice that they just wanted to ban him, just because they're like, no, this is terrifying, This is terrifying for children. Nobody wants this. Keep them away, you know, like there's something kind of wholesome about it. They weren't saying he was a communist. They weren't, you know, it wasn't like banned books, where it's always like for terrible reasons. It was like, don't let me around them.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, time to eat their souls. One two, Mickey's coming for you. Well, thanks for listen and through three hundred episodes. If you want more, all you little Oliver's out there, you can go to patreon dot com slash quiz bang and sign up the five dollars and up level. That'll get you an extra episode a month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we just appreciate all of you so much, and we hope that you're having If you have stepped away from your family to listen to this episode on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Day or are forcing them to listen.
Speaker 1: At the dinner table, we hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving. We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We hope you can join us for Plunder Day. And just thank thank you, thank you, thank you for this episode of Quiz Quiz Bang Bang. I've been Andy Flora, I've.
Speaker 2: Been David Flora. Here's looking at you, quiz.
Speaker 1: And there hasn't been another author on the time cover since Jonathan Friends. And because literature is dying, everything's dying. Ay that's true. Why not. I'm thankful that we're alive. I've any Thanksgiving,