Speaker 1: Good morning and welcome, Welcome, welcome. It is time now for community connection right here on Kay one, the one you trust, brought to you by Wesley and Kitty College and Tall Grass Motors. We've got two rays of sunshine in here. How you doing, ladies, we're doing. We have a Melissa and Jennifer in today and we've got to look something for bargain hunters coming up. Can you tell us a little bit about them, Alista.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are prepping for our juneery sell. These are all properties that have four years of delinquent taxes this year. Any property that has the twenty twenty one taxes that are not paid, we'll be going to our cell.
Speaker 1: So what happened? You just pay the taxes and the property is yours.
Speaker 2: Pretty much.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go.
Speaker 2: We kind of kind.
Speaker 1: Of okay, you've got a little hoop.
Speaker 2: Yes, you will have to show up Monday at nine o'clock. That's when our sale starts. It's a bidding process, so the bids will start at either two thirds of the assessed value or the amount of taxes, and it's an open auction, so it just goes up until we get to the highest bidder.
Speaker 1: Now, this is one of these things where it's best to do your homework, am I right, Jennifer absolutely tell us about the better beware of business.
Speaker 3: It is definitely a better beware. You should find out what you're buying, where it's located. You should check for leans downstairs with the county Clerk's office to make sure that when you purchase this, if there's an Oklahoma Tax Commission lean or an ir s LAN that you are aware a city lean that you're un informed bidder.
Speaker 1: All right, very good, that's really good. So you need to kind of do your homework. Make sure that you're got your t's crossed and your eyes dotted still the other way around. Yes, because of your eyes you're going to be in a mess. But anyway, this is great. Cash only, right it is. It is cash only, you know, just go to the ol ETM.
Speaker 2: The green dollars is what you got to have in your hand when you make the bid.
Speaker 1: All right. So now we've got we've got the properties lined up here, and we have about fifty of them this year. That's a lot, it is.
Speaker 2: It's a little more than what we had last year. So but it has dwindled down a lot. I mean, what weeks ago, and we've had a lot of day offs we have.
Speaker 3: We're sure that many more will come in today.
Speaker 1: That would be good, That would be good. But as it stands, it's at fifty and the subject to change. I guess we could think.
Speaker 2: It is they have until the cell starts to come in and get all caught up.
Speaker 1: Yes, very good. Now where we holding.
Speaker 3: This this year because of the weather that we've been experiencing, We're actually going to have it in the basement of the Administration in Building.
Speaker 1: John.
Speaker 3: So there'll be a few chairs, there'll be a lot of standing room only. So we'll start at the top of our list. Because we have lists available for all the bidders, we'll start at the top and then we'll just continue on until we've completed all though.
Speaker 1: Where can we get the list? By the way, is it online?
Speaker 3: It is online? It's online? Okay, tax rolls dot Com. Under menu and other items, you'll see a resale nine am cash only, and that's where you'll find the list. Well, and also register online.
Speaker 1: Oh you got to be registered, same location? Oh okay, you can do that online too. Now, if I'm a successful bidder, process isn't over? Is it? I have to show something.
Speaker 2: Don't I you do, You're gonna have to show an ID.
Speaker 1: It have to be like the reality you like, the one that you can get on the airplane with no just a.
Speaker 2: Driver's life since it's not expired.
Speaker 1: That's a whole other mess, right there, mes chef, Well, come talk to you about it.
Speaker 2: Yes, but there is a citizen's affid David that is required by law now to be filed with the deeds that are filed. So we just we take care of that process during the sale. So we'll have a notary available at the sale so they can fill out the form and get that taken care of.
Speaker 1: Now, you say cash, that means you got to turn it over right there at the end of the bed, right closed.
Speaker 3: When your bed, you'll come to the front of the room. You'll pay for it and we'll give you receipts and then we'll go on to the next property.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you got to pay the tax on top of the.
Speaker 3: Tax, right, you just have to pay for your whole bed.
Speaker 1: They don't give it at that. I was just funny with it. I'm seeing if you were awake, Oh, she's awake, all right. I can't say the same over maybe I was checking to see if I was awake. Make sure, and what do we do with the money that's collected.
Speaker 2: The money that's collected will go toward paying off the taxes, any leans or fees that are against the property. Any money that is over the amount of taxes then goes to the homeowner on the tax roll.
Speaker 1: Okay, very good. Now can we call you up and say, hey, I'm not good with the computer. Can he help me out? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can call us up and we can give you information over the phone. As far as the locations of the properties. We'll send you to the county assessor's office for that. They have maps so they can show you exactly where it's at.
Speaker 1: All, right, get them involved, to let them have some fun with it.
Speaker 3: It takes the whole team.
Speaker 1: It takes the whole team. Now, you mentioned earlier that this is required by state law every year, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, every year. Same, it's a second Monday in June every year at nine o'clock. And it's not just in Washington County.
Speaker 1: It's eight wide, seventy seven of these babies all going.
Speaker 2: On at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yes, Now, does it take a long time for your office to get this all prepared. Or is it kind of you've been through it enough where it's kind of plug and play.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, Jennifer and I have done this for twenty plus years.
Speaker 1: You too are old enough to be anywhere twenty plus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it is. It is a lot of work. I mean, there's a lot of there's a lot of research that goes into it. You know. We we send out certified letters, We send out numerous Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now actual sale process starts in January.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh, so this is a We.
Speaker 3: Send out reminder letters and we send out certified letters, and we published in the newspaper. Then we post signs on their property, and then we have to research all the properties so that we know the liens so we can send letters to the lean holders.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be glad that this is over, aren't you. Here. I was thinking, oh, well, they've done this so many times. It's plug and play. I'm like, oh my gosh, I'm getting worn out and just listening to the process. That's a lot of work.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of work.
Speaker 1: And you don't have like one hundred and fifty thousand people down at your office to take care of this. You might have five five five, just five, not five hundred folks, just five. Wow, they're gonna be bringing a fire relief on Sunday for sure. Yes, so folks, once again, bring cash. And the website you want to go to to kind of get some more information is okaytax ules dot com slash County slash Washington. That'll get you in the ballpark of what you need to do. And of course they'll take your phone calls during regular business hours at nine one eight, three three seven twenty eight ten, or you can email them at treasurer at County courthouse dot org. I like that you are l for you guys, County courthouse dot org. How easy is that? I know to remembers been working pretty well for several years now, has it a few decades? Got this when I was young? Huh my kind of things? Well, this is really neat. How many people do you usually have? Just a handful? It? Do you get about twenty thirty forty people some lucky lose hundred year a hundred and you're gonna fit them all in the basement. We're hoping to they're gonna be they're gonna be close friends.
Speaker 2: By the time to be close friends.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, well this is going to be great and it comes up on Monday, June the ninth. So since you get done with all of the stuff with OKM, folks have a little cash left over. And see if you can't buy a property it's nine am. Property owners have until eight fifty nine, not eight fifty nine and three quarters eight fifty nine and a half am on Monday to take care of that, to keep it from going on. So have you ever had any last benuet ones that we really just kind of ran the clock to the last second.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have one this year that just called and said she would be here Monday morning.
Speaker 1: So okay, so that's not unusual.
Speaker 2: It's not unusual.
Speaker 1: Wow, not at all. Well, this sounds like it's going to be a busy day and you're gonna have lots of friends and others showing up. Do you have folks who just kind of show up to see what's there? We have a lot ye gawkers. Yeah, I was afraid of that, but you know that way you can go about on Facebook and tell them what they saw. Only kiddy, I'm kiding folks, don't do that. Don't do that anyway. It's all about the treasurer's office and anything else you'd like to add about what folks maybe need to be prepared to do to come in to take care of business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you.
Speaker 3: Want to bid on the property, just come early, come before nine because as you do have to get registered.
Speaker 1: Okay. Are the doors going to open like at eight thirty or at eight o'clock eight am? Okay, that's good that we know that. That's good that we know that that way you won't have that big rush of people coming through the door that'd get ugly. We really have to cough a share. I don't want to call the shaff all right, Well, ladies, I want to thank you for coming in and thank you for being so informative and being so wide awake and cheery on this kind of an interesting weather morning day. Absolutely, folks, you've been watching and listening to our community connection right here on K one. So when you try