Speaker 1: Okay, hello everyone, Welcome to the Sandy Show. Wherever you are, however you are listening from sea to shining sea. Thank you very much for being a part of the best part of our day. We'd love to hear from you, guys, especially your first part of the show. Listeners. You're our favorites, always have been, always will be. So we love hearing from you, guys. Seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. That's seven three seven three zero one ninety six one hundred.
Speaker 2: Drop us.
Speaker 1: Nope, my name is Sandy. This is my beautiful, talented, yet somewhat a serbic wife. Her name is Tricia.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: Everybody birthdays today, Share celebrating number seventy nine.
Speaker 3: Whoa seventy nine?
Speaker 1: Wow, this is hard to believe. I know she's seventy nine, Mindy Cone.
Speaker 2: Do you know who that is? Yes?
Speaker 3: From Facts of Life and how old she is? I've sixty something, she's fifty nine. Fifty nine yep.
Speaker 1: Also celebrating birthdays today, Busta Rhymes is fifty three, Rachel Patton's forty four fight song Rachel Patton yep. Jack Gleeson you know him as Jeoffrey on Game of Throne.
Speaker 3: Oh he was horrible, such a horrible character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's thirty three years old today and John Party is forty. Trisa, what's first thing made you laugh?
Speaker 3: All right? Sometimes I wonder what happened to the people who asked me for directions? Where did they end up? I wonder what happened to them.
Speaker 2: Nobody asked for directions anymore, though.
Speaker 3: Right, you don't need to anymore.
Speaker 1: Do you remember having to go through a map? Yeoh yeah, like a big mapscow or something.
Speaker 4: Don't you remember I've told you before that when I was doing my EMT training. Yeah, twenty five years ago, we had to do ambulance write outs to get credit to graduate the course, and they had big maps Goo books. The guy in the passenger seat was looking for the address in the mapsco book while the guy's driving with lights and sirens.
Speaker 3: On to get there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's hard to believe me.
Speaker 3: I know it really is.
Speaker 2: Now. They just probably asked their smartphone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heck, I don't know, but lights like syreens.
Speaker 2: I'd be fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and me.
Speaker 4: In the back of the ambulance on my way to help somebody, and I'm all car sick and feel like I'm gonna throw up because I'm right in the back.
Speaker 3: I'm not any empt anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh, coming up on the show today, we are going to share with you things that always happened in movies, but they're so unrealistic, but we just we buy it anyway.
Speaker 3: Right, you're watching it and you're like, that would never happen.
Speaker 1: Right, And Tricia's got the story we love. Coming up on one O three point one, Austin's eighty station.
Speaker 2: Tricia's got the story we love, she said.
Speaker 1: Blake Shelton's going to be working with one of my favorite people. Yeah, all right, right, let's come meet him. All right, that's coming up in just a little bit. For all my fellow conspiracy theorists out there, I got bad news for you. Scientists in Germany blasted people's skin cells with five G radiation just to see what it did. Yeah, they hit him with ten times the legal limit for two days.
Speaker 2: You know what they found out? What? Nothing happened.
Speaker 4: Nothing happened, Nothing happens. Stop talking to everybody in your freaking speaker.
Speaker 1: Phone, all you five G people that are freaking out thinking it's bad for you.
Speaker 3: Put it to your ear, please.
Speaker 1: The government is not trying to radiate you with five g all right, just.
Speaker 5: Not slices, all right, Sandy coming to CBS and Paramount Plus this fall a new reality competition series because there definitely weren't enough of those already out there.
Speaker 3: It's called The Road.
Speaker 4: It's the brainchild of Blake Shelton and one of your favorite people, Taylor Sheridan, Me.
Speaker 2: My good friend, Taylor, your good.
Speaker 3: Friend, Taylor Sheridan, my bad.
Speaker 4: So the premise of the show, it features twelve up and coming artists and they're going to be thrown on stage as to open act for Keith Urban.
Speaker 3: So Keith Urban is involved in this as well.
Speaker 4: It's gonna happen at seven mid size venues across Texas, Oklahoma, and Tennessee. And their tour manager for the twelve up and coming artists is Gretchen Wilson.
Speaker 3: Do you remember Gretchen.
Speaker 4: Wilson, back to remember her, big size, redneck woman. That's right, she's on it and she's their manager. She's quoted as saying open it for Keith Urban is not for the feint of heart.
Speaker 2: No, I would say that'd be intimidating.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, intimidating, But oh my Lord, how amazing. You're an up and coming artist and you're opening for Keith Urban. It's kind of the plucked out of nowhere. Yeah thing right, an unknown getting there's kind of like Rocky he was an unknown and he got his shots against the champ yep. So I guess they get eliminated as a competition series. I guess there's whoever's left standing at the end of the tour. I guess is the winner. I don't know my problem.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem, Okay is getting well and it's gonna be on TV, so they're gonna have a very much a control over the crowd. Yeah, but most opening acts, people are talking to their friends, they're in the beard line, they show up late. You know, it's not the same experience as if you were opening up for someone on tour.
Speaker 4: Right, But I bet you the audience is given a heads up because in that course, I mean they're definitely told when to clap yes, stuff like that. Absolutely, I'm interested because Taylor Sheridan is attached to it. I mean, I think I'm interested because of Blake Shelton too, but really mainly Taylor Sheridan. But I don't know if I have it in me to watch reality competition singers.
Speaker 1: Be willing to bet that one of these shows is his at his venue. Taylor Sheridan's opening up his own mid sized venue.
Speaker 3: Oh sure in Texas.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, it's because Oklahoma and Tennessee is where the concerts will.
Speaker 2: Right, So one of them, the one in Texas, will be at his place. I'm sure. That's pretty cool though.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 2: And what's the big prize?
Speaker 4: I don't know, I get. I guess it's that you are a permanent opening actor, Keith Urban. It doesn't say what the prize is, but it didn't have an official premiere date yet, sometime this fall.
Speaker 2: But you know what's cool about that is you might get a little bit of mentorship from Keith Urban.
Speaker 4: Blake Shelton, Oh yeah, I mean Blake Shelton was one of the mentors on The Voice. Yeah, Keith Urban, maybe even came as a guest mentor. A little dude is so talented's so talented. You know when I really realized how amazing he is is during COVID, when nobody could go out and he started to tell it. He would stream himself just singing his songs, just him and his guitar in his studio at home, and it was mesmerizing.
Speaker 3: He is so talented.
Speaker 1: He's an amazing guitar player. Yeah, so very cool. That is the story we'd love, all right. It's kind of just generally understood that when you watch a movie, kind of suspend all reality.
Speaker 2: Right, we just was it suspend belief while you're watching the movie.
Speaker 1: Things that happen all the time in the movies that are so unrealistic, but somehow, some reason, because we love the movies, we let it slide. For instance, someone catches themselves going off the edge of some building or something and they hang on with their fingertips.
Speaker 3: Their fingertips. Try it, no way.
Speaker 1: Go to your local park, find the jungle. What do they call it now, the jungle gym? I don't know what they call it. Yeah, see how long you can hang there? Not very long, not very long, but they can just seem to hang there by their fingers.
Speaker 3: Side of the cliff.
Speaker 4: Here's one thing that I noticed all the time, and I'm like, it's really how it is in real life. Is when somebody is a hacker and they're sitting down and they're like, you have thirty seconds to break in or the world will explode and they're typing a thousand miles an iron just in. I'm like, first of all, how do they know what website to get? Like, it can't be that easy, right, How do they just know how to crack a code? How do they just figure it out? There's no way, there's really no way anything happens as quickly in real life as a dozen movies.
Speaker 1: Well, what was the move and what was the movie that Will Smith movie had on the other day with Jeff Jeff Goldboom?
Speaker 2: Independence Day?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Independence Day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when Jeff gold Boom's uploading the virus? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Never in the spaceship, Yeah, it would never, ever, ever happened that fast. Here's when that I noticed, Sandy, and I feel the need to say it out loud, is when somebody in a movie is brushing their teeth but there's no toothpaste and like that using teeth paste.
Speaker 2: Have you ever notice they never say goodbye on the telephone?
Speaker 3: No, I did not notice.
Speaker 1: You watch it's all you'll be able to see they will. They never say goodbye on the phone. And there's never any cash like a retail exchange like that, I give you a twenty and I get eight dollars change.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's always exact change or exact payment exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really weird.
Speaker 4: Also, according to movies, we don't buy enough baggettes. Whant to go to the grocery store because you know how anytime anybody's carrying a bag of groceries that and like some lettuce or something is always sticking out the top.
Speaker 1: I can never get over the the generally kind of middle class guy single with the badass penthouse.
Speaker 2: In New York.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can explained where his money comes from, right, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, come on?
Speaker 1: And also one when they wake up wake up in the morning all fresh and looking at ut.
Speaker 4: Oh girls totally notice that chicks don't normally wake up with their hair perfectly brushed and a little bit of their makeup still on.
Speaker 3: That does not happen in real life.
Speaker 1: You know another very Oceans eleven, twelve, and thirteen. You can't crawl through air ducks. Oh I can't do that.
Speaker 6: You're big quiet, right, you're telling me that, like if we're sitting in a room and somebody's crawling in the air ducked above us, that we're not going to be able to hear them, right, right, not very realistic.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you how many times I've seen like, average looking dude gets hot chicken movie come from.
Speaker 3: Oh, that happens in real life too. It depends on how big their wallet is.
Speaker 2: That's man, that's true.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: I always go back to No one ever gets tired.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they really don't.
Speaker 2: They never do.
Speaker 3: We need to practice hanging on things by your fingertips.
Speaker 2: No, thank you. I've got a bad shoulder.
Speaker 3: I can't do your bad shoulder. I cannot keep doing anything with your bag.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: It's bad. It's very bad. She's Tricia. My name is Sandy. Find us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official. More coming up on Austin's Eighties Station one oh three point one.
Speaker 3: Spotlight on Tricia.
Speaker 4: I am freakishly strung, so I don't have to help you very often to help me move heavy things, but sometimes I do.
Speaker 3: Austin's eighty station on three point one.
Speaker 1: What's the last word in the Oxford English Dictionary? You're going to find out and care? Don't care.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for being with us. Step up there and tell body who you are.
Speaker 7: My name is Tricia, middle name Nicole Tricia Nicole the stage stripper. Put your money out, boys, this show is paperview. Oh your mamma give you a stripper name?
Speaker 4: She did give me a stripper name. Am I acknowledge it? Tricia Nicole, Christian Nicole? Sounds like thirty things happened, all right, Tritia.
Speaker 2: Karen, don't care to know? Now you need a little backstory here.
Speaker 1: In the land of South Korea, it is compulsory that every male eighteen to thirty five serve in the military for two years.
Speaker 2: There's very few ways to get out of it.
Speaker 1: Even some of the biggest k pop band boys have had to leave and in the military, big time professional golfers have had to go. Would you like to know one of the ways to get out of being in the military in the land of South Korea?
Speaker 2: I do care when an Olympic medal?
Speaker 3: Oh geez, So that means not very many people get out.
Speaker 2: No, you don't really hear many of Korean Olympias.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, So anybody between eighteen and thirty five. So I wonder if you get to choose, like you're gonna go in at eighteen and get it over with, are you gonna try and push it I.
Speaker 1: Think it's on it as needed there because I remember the ow the K pop fans were real sad when some of the boys had to go serve with the military.
Speaker 3: It's like when all this got drafted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm not against a mandatory military service. To be honest with you, I would never never see my push for but yeah, yeah, I think it's probably a good thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, Tricia Careen, don't care to know how many time zones we used to have in the eighteen hundreds in the United States.
Speaker 4: Time zones we've had more than the time zones we have now. Oh yeah, I was sposed have been absent that day.
Speaker 1: I care In the early eighteen hundreds, cities could set their own time based on the sun, and there were one hundred and four three four separate time zones in America.
Speaker 3: That's insane.
Speaker 1: They realized that was insane because they got it down to four in the continental United States by eighteen eighty three. And I believe we now have five because we have West Coast, Mountain Time, Central and East, so it's four four.
Speaker 3: And then for some reason Arizona doesn't have to participate.
Speaker 2: No, they don't put it in daylight saving.
Speaker 4: Daylight savings time. You're right, they would have to participate in a times I like them.
Speaker 1: I really like the Mountain time zone a lot. Why football starts earlier, that's the main reason. Like Sunday football starts at eleven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that. East Coast Man things don't start till ten.
Speaker 2: Oh they're crazy there. Their local news is until eleven o'clock.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I understand that.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine watching your program at Live at ten o'clock.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have a program at ten o'clock.
Speaker 1: Finally, in care don't care, Tristia said, you will care to know? The last word that Oxford English Dictionary is this? Yeah, yeah, zi zi yeah. It's a type of tropical weavil in South America spelt z y z z Why the a.
Speaker 3: Z y z z y v A. It's a weavil.
Speaker 2: It's at.
Speaker 1: That's what it sounds like. Australia, put yours away, that's the place for yours.
Speaker 3: Is a gross word.
Speaker 2: What I don't know is that a worm.
Speaker 4: Weavil's like a little bug like that gets in your flower, like flower sugar. I feel like the weavils were something that were an issue, like when I was growing up cereal adult, I've never had a weavil. It's such a gross word. Say the word weevil. Weevil lost all meaning.
Speaker 3: It's just a weird word.
Speaker 2: Now that'scared. Don't care.