Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company. Fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 2: Holy crap, I don't know who the hell we think when we.
Speaker 1: Are get off our show, idiot. The kids are playing or trail at the countries are screwing it up. Gold Play Inner Murals, Brother, gold Play Inner Murals. They're supposed to be mature adults, but they're really not. Who's the kid here?
Speaker 2: Who's the kid here?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? Now? Here's Nick coffee.
Speaker 3: I'll start the show today by being very honest with you guys. It feels like a Friday to me and it's not. And that's not a good place to be. That's not a good vibe. Feeling like it should be Friday, but it's not. Now, could be worse, could be Monday.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 3: It's Thursday. We got football tonight. That's great. We're closer to the weekend than we would be any other day, unless, of course, you know, it was Friday. Also, I've had days where I thought it was Friday for like the first few hours of the day and then you're like, oh wait a second, it's Wednesday, or you know, so it could be worse. But you know, it feels like a Friday. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's because of the short week last week. John, you think that's it, Yeah, because I've been feeling that way this week too. I mean, I can just you know, and Friday vibes are good vibes.
Speaker 3: But I'm just gonna try to I'm just gonna live today like it is Friday, and you know, not let my not not remind myself that it's not and then be bummed. But there's nothing to be bummed about. We'll with you for the next three hours here. It is Coffee and Company and we are fueled by Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Appreciate you hanging out with us, Nick Coffee, That is me the company man, mister John All on alongside today again for a Thursday edition of the show, and we're taking you up till six o'clock. Don't forget you can take us with you wherever you go. Listen live at seven ninety Louisville dot com or listen live on the iHeartRadio app More Brooks and Done tickets to give away folks another pair today, another pair tomorrow, and we'll do that at five thirty, and I'm gonna tell you, guys, before we get to the end of the first segment here, I will tell you what we're gonna do today in order for you for you to be a potential winner of these two tickets to see Brooks. And now we're gonna do something different today than what we've done throughout the week in regards to trivia. So stick around. I'll tell you that coming up here before too long, before too long, we're gonna have our first guest. So a rare three o'clock guess, but I think it makes sense. We've got Brian Edwards from Vegas Insider going to join us, coming up here at three point thirty to talk about not only tonight's NFL Action, some other games. Obviously, Brian, he's in the sports gambling space and he's pretty good at it, a lot better than I am. So he'll tell us sort of some games, some picks that he's hot on. Coming up this weekend, we've got again, I mean, this is I mean, I'm complaining that it's not Friday. It's okay because today's the first day where the football weekend starts.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: You got college action tonight. I'm still all in on the Texas State Bobcats. What's the name of that field again, John, Jim Wacker Field. You don't go Arizona State thinks they can go in to Jim Whacker Field and leave with a w Not on a Thursday night. No, not in San Marcos, Texas. And the love is really starting to come in because the line is shifted as Arizona State was a one and a half point favorite twenty four hours ago. Now they're one and a half point dogs. So people know what time it is. It's Texas State, the Bobcats. It's their time. Also, we've got Dolphins Bills, a pretty big time matchup. They do that to us in the NFL, folks. They'll give us some decent matchups to start off Thursday Night football first month or so, and then you get to like Thursday Night football later on in the year and you're like, oh, wow, yeah, it makes sense why this is the matchup. So anyways, we've got that and Saturday a loaded day of college football, and I'm actually, you know, I'm bummed that Louisville's on a bye week and we don't get a chance to see this team in action and see them play a real team because they haven't done that just yet. But there's also some benefits to it. One, John, you and I don't have to work. That's it is true.
Speaker 4: You will lay at night for your postgame show. I just get to be excited all day waiting. Yeah, Hoosiers to play UCLA.
Speaker 3: There are three and a half point favorites. Now it's move So it's been moving in favor of Indiana. Yeah, what was it yesterday? Like three started at two and a half. It's been at three, so now to three and a half. Yeah, FanDuel, it is it is Hoosier's minus three and a half. So you know, I'm going to take in all the college football that we get on a on a Saturday and not have to worry about being certain place at a certain time for the post game show. You know, whenever Louisville's on, I mean, even though they've played nobody's I still spend you know, ninety five percent of that window watching Louisville play, even when they're up four touchdowns, because you know, it's kind of what I do as a fan, and it's my job. I got to talk about it on the postgame show. But you know, tomorrow if Louisville was to play at three thirty like they are next week, you know, from three thirty to about eight o'clock, like I'm really locked in on one game. Well tomorrow on Saturday, again I think it's Friday, Say tomorrow on Saturday, I can just go back and forth to whatever games I want, which, you know, let's that's a good way to experience college football. It's always better when you get to watch your team and you get to learn about them. But hey, we're getting one by week out of the way. We've already got the two bums on the schedule out of the way, and then from here on out, starting next week, it's go time. We're going to see Louisville. Not against great teams every week, of course, but you know, teams that are better than who Louisville's played up to this point. And then Sunday, our second NFL Sunday of the season. So again, here I am. I've talked to myself into not being bummed that it feels like a Friday, but it's not, because Thursday's a great day too. Thursday Thursday, I'm probably gonna eliminate some cold Bush lights tonight as well, try not to try not to drink any any Bruskis during the week but when you get to Thursday, I mean it's a weeknight, but it kind of isn't right. I mean, we're getting closer and closer to the weekend. So anyways, three thirty Brian Edwards from Vegas Insider, we're talking about we'll talk some football and then at four thirty we're gonna be joined by doctor Larry beIN's of pro REEP Physical Therapy, and five thirty will be the giveaway. All right, So I want to start with a story that is a big piece of news. I think it's a big development in the college sports landscape kind of maybe, like I think I was just telling Ian Vertries this John during in the hallway there before we started the show, because he was talking about the PAC twelve trying to you know, come back to life. I think if there was any more like relevance in regards to these two teams that were the leftovers Oregon State, Washington State, and the other four members that are going to be joining the PAC twelve, they'd be getting made fun of more than they are because nobody really cares. You kind of feel bad. I mean, honestly, Oregon State in Washington State, of all of the conference realignment, the musical chairs that has taken place, they got they're the ones they got screwed, like quite literally five six years ago the Power five, all the schools involved at that point, if there's two that are the ultimate losers, really really suffered kind of a death blow, it's those two. So, I mean, I I don't have any I mean, I'm not losing sleep at night, I'm not crying, but like it would suck to be a fan of one of those fan one of those programs, and like now like you're you literally were the two that got left out. And by the way, like other schools that were not in the Power five now are like Cincinnati, uh TCU even is relatively new, Yeah, Central Florida, Houston. Yeah, So like you really got shafted. Like you know, I don't think it's anybody's fault, but like you really got the short end of it, and I feel bad for you kind of. I'm to the point now where I just get older and I want to be really I want to be as transparent as possible. Can we stop, Like when you say you're sad for somebody you feel bad for him, wouldn't you agree? Nine out of ten times people are lying. It's just like a nice thing to say. It makes you seem courteous, but like we shouldn't lie to each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unless you truly understand what they're going through, then I think it's probably more often than not you don't actually feel bad for the person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, And you know nobody's gonna question you, Wait a second, do you really feel bad or you just saying that? But like, I don't like a lot of people. I mean, I don't.
Speaker 4: I mean it sucks for them, but I don't again just saying I feel bad for Oregon State fans. By saying that, I'm lying to you and I don't want to lie to you. So anyways, what they're doing, and here's how this all, here's how this whole thing came about.
Speaker 3: By the way, the PAC twelve is dead. And let's let's actually let's get that out of the way first. The PAC twelve is dead. They can do whatever, they can call whatever they want. The PAC twelve's dead. It doesn't exist anymore so because technically the league's still you know those two like it's dead. But I guess by in a technicality, it's not because again if you remember they had that faux media day where it was just Arizona or it was just Oregon State and Washington State. They did something in Vegas, which is actually kind of funny, but like, overall, you don't have a conference. There's two schools and anybody who actually had any real value as far as the PAC twelve brand, they're gone. They left, so like it's fraudulent for you to still claim that you know, the league exists, but you know, whatever, cope the way you want to cope. But they had a scheduling agreement with the Mountain West where because this year I'm pretty sure that this is the one year they're doing it where Oregon State, Washington State, they play a lot of schools from the Mountain West. I mean are they are they kind of like technically in the league. I mean I think they are. So anyways, they could not come to a new agreement moving forward after this year. So yeah, the Mountain West could not come to an agreement with and again they call it the PAC twelve. They couldn't come to an agreement with Oregon State and Washington State on a future scheduling model. There was a deadline in place. That deadline passed earlier this month, so that led to Oregon State and Washington State collectively just deciding we're just gonna try to start our own league. We're gonna call it the PAC twelve. You're not the PAC twelve. Because there's the thing right now, here's what we know. Oregon State, Washington State are welcoming in Boise State, Colorado State, Fresno State, and San Diego State, and they're calling at the PAC twelve. It's the Mountain West one point zero. It's mean, that's what this is. And like anybody that sees it for anything else has just been fooled or not paying attention or honestly probably doesn't give a damn. And I get it. So like, if this was a collection of schools that had more relevance, I think they'd be getting mocked. But I think people are like, hell, yeah, PAC twelve, keep fighting. No, the PAC twelve is dead. We can't bring it back to life. It's dead. It is gone. These two schools got left out. They're trying to flex as if they have like superior resources than the rest of the Mountain West. When they don't like what, like, what does Oregon State and Washington State give the Mountain West nothing? You think that league has value because they've added those two teams to the schedule in some kind of a hybrid format. No they could. I mean, in fact, keep playing your Mountain West teams and instead of playing one of these former Power fives that are now leftovers, go play a real Power four and you'll get more credit if you beat them, Like you have no value Oregon State in Washington State other than I guess by technicality, you can you can still claim you're the PAC twelve like it has a lead, Like there's somebody that is actually in charge of the PAC twelve conference even though it doesn't really exist. So I mean in a you know, in a different in a different space, if you will, there'd be some like lawsuits as far as USC in Oregon and maybe Washington Arizona, maybe like filing a lawsuit. You can't still claim you're the PAC twelve. But you know what, the PAC twelve is dead. Nobody cares. It's sad that you're parading yourself around as if you're like, you know, your league disbanded and the two schools that got left out were the weakest schools you had, which why again they were left out? So I mean, I it's news, I suppose. And the conference realignment stuff has always been a real interesting because again it's the one thing in the college sports space as far as talk shows, social media, the Internet in general, that people could throw out the craziest scenarios and people will run with it like it's a fantasy land. It is conference re alignment stuff. So I think people feel bad for those that got left out, that they're not acknowledging this for what it is, which is no, you're the Mountain what you had a scheduling issue where you couldn't come to an agreement because the Mountain West is right, you need them more than they need you. Now they have gutted you and taken four of your members, which is not ideal. But like the Mountain West was charging these two schools the PAC twelve to be a part of their schedule and they couldn't come to an agreement because these two schools didn't want to pay what the Mountain West wanted. And I think that's a good move on the Mountain West. Unlike whenever what's his name, the former commissioner of the ACC Swaffer that dumbass. I mean he had Notre Dame to the fire. Notre Dame would not have had a season in twenty twenty, but they led him in the league. They only played a league schedule against the ACC, and they didn't mean that. If you were ever going to force them to join a league, that was the time to do it. And he didn't even try, according to reports, like he just said, Okay, they'll be all it'll be a revenue share when we have games on NBC, we're gonna get a bigger cut of that or something like that. So I don't know, I just I don't know why I care. But calling this the PAC twelve is a lie. And again, if it's based off of technicality, you're kind of telling on yourself. If you're if your brands had real value, then you would start your own league with a new name. I think what they believe is that they're going to have some kind of a of a scenario here where they can get a seat at the table and then power in the power of power, I guess they want to be powered off. Yeah, prick, and that ain't happening. Get in line with with with Tulane and Boise and James Madison like you no, you think you think? I mean, let's look at this on three sports put together a I guess a look at this is from Pete Nachos at on three sports schools to watch for expansion in the PAC twelve Memphis, Tulane, UTSA, Cal Stanford, UNLV, Air Force, Wyoming, and New Mexico. First of all, Colin Stanford ain't going nowhere because the ACC's not gonna let him out. Not because they would be sad if they left, but because you let them out. You gotta let Florida State and Clemson. Now you're not doing that. And Colin Stanford, despite all the travel, they're gonna make way more money from the ACC than they would make if they stayed in If they stayed in the West Coast and join whatever they call this league. PAC twelve JV.
Speaker 4: It should be the Mountain West and the Mountain East. I meant the teams are staying in that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean to be fair the PAC twelve. These two schools, Oregon State and Washington, I think are trying to bully the Mountain West when they don't realize you are the Mountain West. You are a peer, You're not above. That's why you are left behind. There was no value in you. Like they should have just accepted invitations to the Mountain West and realize this is our new life. Now that's unfortunate, but like you don't have the I mean again, like, let's just say they added all those teams, what would make that new PAC twelve worthy of an auto bid with the ACC Big ten SEC in Big twelve nothing. You could make the case that there's other leagues that are more deserving than the new Mountain West.
Speaker 4: I mean, the new PAC twelve whatever they're gonna call it, like American Athletic Conference, I feel like should easily be considered better than them right now. Out see, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I want to say that you're probably right, but they've been gutted so much lately that I'm not really sure. Like Memphis, And by the way, if you're Memphis, you should go to this league because it's a better situation than being the American But again that's not that's not okay. We gotta you know, they've added Memphis, and uh in two lane, we better we better clear a spot in the twelve team playoff. No, like, who do you think you are? UAB, East Carolina, FAU Memphis, Charlotte, North Texas, Rice, South Florida, Temple, UTSA two lane Tulsa Wichita STATEA doesn't have a football program. So I would give the slight edge to the new Pac twelve slash Mountain West. But it's because of one school who has like a brand that has actually shaken some things up and made some noise historically in college football, and that's Boise State. That's it. So like you know, it's all about sustainability. You know, if they can get some kind of a network deal and not be paying to play in the Mountain West, and that's where it makes sense from a financial standpoint, And if that's what it really comes down to, that's fun. But I also feel like this is not like this doesn't do anything for college sports. And here's what's crazy. The Mountain West is a pretty good basketball league too. In fact, I'm I mean Oregon State in Washington State, they wouldn't even be a they wouldn't be top five basketball programs in the Mountain West. So anyways, it's I mean, it's it's getting a lot of attention that along with Shannon Sharp having sex on Instagram Live yesterday. I mean that story that that became a big story within the show yesterday. I mean not we didn't talk a whole lot about it, but it became the most talked about thing on the world wide web while we were on the air, and I at least referenced it. But I mean, I'm just gonna say this, John, I listened to like ten seconds and then I realized, I don't. I don't need to listen to this. And I'm not like shaming anybody if they did listen. Do what you want, if you're into that kind of stuff whatever, like people, we don't kink shame on this show. But there's something about just listening to man another man having intercourse that like I never want to hear again, Like hearing him hot, breathing, and like coaching up this woman named Michelle, like I felt like it was it might have been the it was probably the let me just say, it's the least heterosexual thing I've ever done in my life. I believe listening to Shannon Sharp and then realizing what are you doing? Like again, like people watch adult com I mean, we don't, John, cause we're we just don't get into that smud. But like, apparently there's this big world within the Internet of pornography. I don't know anything about it, never seen it, but apparently it's a big deal. Like I get it if you watch it and there's there's there's a male and a female in what you're watching, like, I get it, no judgment, but like if there's no visual and you can just hear the man like that, you know, I'm just gonna say this. I've heard. I know people have like played the sound on shows like we're not doing that. In fact, if I hear if I hear it, I'm running away. Oh. KSR had a full breakdown of it this morning. I'll give I'll give back credit. Matt did not know that it was just audio only. He just knew that, you know, he thought that something had leaked from Shannon Sharp on Instagram live and maybe there was some visual of what he was doing. It was just audio, which means which honestly I think made it way more like this is real, Like this wasn't like he by the way, credit to Shannon Sharp. He did acknowledge he did not get hacked, like he just accidentally went live and there's no scenario you could say, well, he did it for publicity. No, this doesn't make him look good. I think I think the best look here from him after the fact is that he did acknowledge that. Yeah, that's what you thought it was, and it was an accident. It wasn't me getting hacked. But like Shannon and Ryan were like talking about, they listened to the whole six minutes and I'm like, fellas again, do what you do, but like, why what do you? I mean, what do you Yeah, that's that's what she said. Well, I don't know if she would say that, but you know.
Speaker 4: I'm speaking of she. I bet the wife or his partner, whoever it is.
Speaker 3: Nobody knows who it is. That's that's what makes it like that. That that's actually I think what like, eventually, I think we're gonna find out who it is and that'll become like a big story and the like, maybe she turns it into where she has an OnlyFans and she's and she's really big on OnlyFans because people want to see her in action. They've heard they they heard what she brought out of Shannon Sharp, if you know what I'm saying, And now they want to see it, they want a visual, They just they just don't want, you know, But I don't know, Like I I've just been really weirded out by that because again, I'm pretty comfortable in my own sexuality. And if you are batting for the other team, cool, I don't care. Love who you love. People are into what they're into. Again, we don't kink. Shame on here we talk about butt stuff so exactly so, but like just with you know, Shannon Sharp's demo, for the most part, in everything he does is very male driven, right. He talks football, he talks sports on ESPN. Not to say he only has an audience of men. I'm sure there are plenty of female listeners as well, but like, you know, like it. There's something about it only being audio and me hearing it feeling like I'm violating Shannon Sharp in a way that where if like if he decided he wanted to be you know, a porn star, a mattress actress, if you will, Like at that point, I mean, I'm not like I'm not tuning in to watch it, but like if it ended up on the screen in front of me, I wouldn't run the other way. If I hear him heavy breathing and humping and doing all that. I want to ear muffs and run. That's what I do. And yet like it's still being shared all over the internet. Anyways, what a weird first segment we've had here. It is Coffee and Company and we are fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Appreciate you guys hanging out with us again. We are gonna have a couple of guests join us today, but we will we will let you be a part of the show. You can text in five oh two six five three zero seven ninety again. Five O two six five three zero seven ninety is the L and N Federal Credit Union text line. We'll open up the pone lines in the four o'clock hour. But here's what we're gonna do. If you want to win two tickets to go see Brooks and Dunn in the Moon Tour coming to the KFC, I'm centner in April. Here is how you can enter yourself to be the potential lucky winner. You need to download an app and it's called Underdog Fantasy. If you download the Underdog Fantasy app and you sign up using code Nick seven ninety. That's Nick seven nine zero. Download the Underdog Fantasy app. Sign up with Nick seven ninety. You send a screenshot to the text line five h two sixty five three zero seven ninety. Once you've done that, you're inner to win. Everybody that does that and is sent in a screenshot showing that they've signed up and used that promo code, you'll be inner to win. At five point thirty I will randomly pick a winner, and I'll do it literally a random draw. It's going to be completely you know, just luck essentially, but that's what you gotta do if you want to win Underdog Fantasy. It's free, it's easy to use. It's on the app Store, Google Play, I Apple App Store. So Underdog Fantasy sign up and there's gonna get They're gonna give you an option to use a code promotional code Nick seven ninety Nick seven nine zero, send a screenshot showing that you've done that, and then again I'll have your number because you've texted in the text line, and once you're the winner. If you're the winner, I will text you back on the text line and say hey, I need your info. You're gonna be getting a call here in a few months from somebody telling you to come and pick up your Brooks and Done tickets and bring your cowboy hat too. They might not tell you that, but I would if I won. I'm showing up with cowboy boots and a cowboy hat because I just want tickets to see Brooks and Done Kidney. They'd get much better than that. So again, Underdog Fantasy promo code Nick seven ninety send a screenshot to the text line that you've done that and you're in, and I'm hopeful that tomorrow I'll explain why this is why we are going this route for these tickets.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Coming up next Brian Edwards from Vegas Insider. He'll join us to talk about all the football action we've got coming up over these next few days, including tonight. I don't know if he's got any action on Arizona State Texas State, but you know where this show stands. We're all in on the Texas State. Bobcats, You don't go to Jim Wacker Field and leave with a w on a Thursday night on national television. Doesn't work that way, guys. Sorry Dillingham. We also got Thursday night football too, which I'm not sure if he's got to play on that. But I do. I'm all in on the bills. The bills are better without Stefan Diggs. I mean, all right, quick break, don't go anywhere. It's Cofee and Company you feel about. Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. That's right, Coffee and company rolling along here on a Thursday afternoon. I mentioned that, I, you know, it feels like a Friday, but it's not, which is kind of a you know, it's a negative vibe. But maybe Thursday is the new Friday when we've got football. We've got some college football tonight, NFL Action tonight, and then of course football for the next four days, which is awesome in my book. And joining us to talk to some football is the one the only Brian Edwards from Vegas Insider dot com. Brian, how we do today?
Speaker 1: Brother?
Speaker 2: Doing great? Nate, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Always appreciate you making time for us. I know you're very busy, and we certainly appreciate all your insight. I'll just get right into it. This Kentucky Georgia matchup, I mean, Kentucky could not have looked worse. In fact, I just saw that Kirk Kerbstreet had to salt the wound for Kentucky fans by confirming that they were gonna be in Lexington for game day. But according to Kirk kurb Street, Kentucky they spit the bit last week and they had to make some adjustments after South Carolina dominated them. You got anything here? I mean it's a big number obviously, because Georgia looks like they're the best team in the country, not close. Kentucky look terrible against a bad South Carolina team? Is this one worth touching? You got anything you like here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know, I don't like delay big numbers, especially on the road, but I am gonna do it with Old Miss this week, and I'm not against doing it with Georgia. But I think the better way to attack it is just go team total over thirty four and a half. You know, that way is just you know, maybe something crazy backdoor cover, you know, backup defense and you know and have you know a late play gets you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think they score at least forty two. So I'll just go over thirty.
Speaker 5: Four and a half.
Speaker 2: And no, no need to.
Speaker 5: Explain a whole lot, just better talent Georgia offense Kentucky defense. I mean, Leonora Sellers in South Carolina did get a defensive touchdown last week, but they moved the ball the whole game, where he controlled the whole game. Georgia's got a ten times better offense. Let's go over team total thirty four.
Speaker 1: And a half.
Speaker 3: I'm tailing for sure because I think that that is probably the same, because again, maybe it ends up being a back door cover. I think there's maybe a scenario where you never really know what to expect with with Brock Vandergriff, especially when he had no protection last week. But there's a lot of love there between Kirby Smart and with Brock Vandergriff. I mean, he didn't leave because he you know, he didn't like Georgia. He left because he was never gonna play there if he didn't. And I heard some some comments earlier from Kirby Smart about how much he still loves his young and they're still really close to this data where maybe they won't pummel them, but like they're gonna score points. And you know, I'm with you. I think expecting Georgia to just score thirty five is not asking too much for them, and it wouldn't be shocked if they get in the forties, maybe even fifty, because this is one of those kind of games where I think Kentucky's got less momentum right now than I think they've ever had under Mark Stoops, other than maybe his first couple of years. And if Georgia gets rolling, I mean, these guys could really start licking their wounds and just get completely I mean, heck, they could play good Brian and get hammered, because that's how good George is. All right, let's look at this Memphis Florida State game, because Florida State, I mean, goodness gracious, terrible start owing to to lost to two teams that nobody would have ever I mean, the two teams that beat Florida State are there maybe the two best examples in the acc that Florida State would probably use as evidence, Hey, we are better than them, they are beneath us. We need out of this conference. And then they beat you, and one of them did it in embarrassing fashion, and then they go into a bye week. So they've just been sitting there stewing on a terrible start to the season. Couldn't have worked out worse for him. Now they've got a pretty good Memphis team coming into town. What do you make of this one?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like Memphis now six and a half the line I got seven earlier in the week. I'd buy the half point to the key number of seven. But Memphis comes in here highly motivated, knowing if they get a win, then they you know, could you know very much, be that that G five team that is able to you know, if they take care of their business and their conference and they do have some tough road games in their conference later in the year. But you know, could could be that CFB team from the G five. So FSU just looks horrible in the trenches. I mean, they couldn't run the ball against BC, who was the furthest thing from a nasty defense last year. Efcually ran for twenty one yards on sixteen attempts, and on the flip side, they give up two hundred and sixty three rushing yards on fifty two carries to BC. Nourvel's team lost a lot of talent and leadership to the draft. He got a big class of transfers and they clearly have not meshed yet. DJU has looked awful. We've definitely got the quarterback advantage with Seth Hittegan. And last few times that Memphis has gone up to play Power five opponents, they beat.
Speaker 2: Iowa State thirty six twenty six at the Liberty Bowl.
Speaker 5: Last year they go out to Saint Louis and they only lose by seven to Missouri that.
Speaker 2: Ended up winning eleven games. So let's go to Memphis plus seven.
Speaker 3: I like it. Yeah, this is a game that you know, before the season started it would have been looked at as a humongous upset. Still would be an upset now, but not nearly as much as you mentioned. It's plus six and a half plus seven depending on where you look. But like Memphis now know, Like Memphis can go into this game and have confidence in a way they probably didn't expect to have, just because they know they're pretty good and they know Florida State is primed for the picking. I mean, I don't think it's crazy to say, maybe we'll see more from Georgia Tech to where they look pretty good, but like you can make the case this maybe. I mean, actually, I'll just ask you, is it crazy to say that Memphis at this point, three games in might be the best team that Florida State's played.
Speaker 5: Possibly, possibly we will We'll know on Saturday night.
Speaker 2: We will know. But certainly BC.
Speaker 5: And Georgia Tech were not predicted to be upper tier ACC teams, mid tier at best, and kind of slightly onto the lower tier.
Speaker 3: Brian Edwards, Vegas Insider dot com, as our guest joining us here on Sports Talk seven ninety. You mentioned some big numbers earlier in Ole Miss. They are big favorites at Wake Forest. I assume you're taking Lane Kiffin to cover here, right I am, And.
Speaker 5: It's gone down to twenty two and a half, actually played it at twenty three and a half. Wake Forest is going to be without its best player defensive end.
Speaker 2: Just Gen Davis or I say they're gonna be without. He was dubbed his doubtful on Wednesday by Dave Classon.
Speaker 5: He's got forty and one half career tackles, twenty one career sacks, and look. Clauson had it humming pretty good for Wake standards with Sam Hartman, But ever since Hartman transferred the Deeks through a five and nine straight up four nine and one against the spread, they couldn't hold on to a big lead against Virginia last week. They lose at home to UVA, which passed for three hundred and fifty seven yards. Look, if you're giving up three to fifty seven pattent to Virginia, uh man, you better be worried about oh missus passing attack and the Rebels last eight is road favorite since the start.
Speaker 2: Of twenty twenty one six one one against the spread. I think they hammer wake for us all right.
Speaker 3: One of the teams in the SEC at this point, Andy, Ever, I think for the most part, everybody's still trying to figure out who's who's good, who's not. Like, not tough to really know after just a couple of games for most teams. But I feel like South Carolina maybe in the SEC, a team that most people are just have no clue because again Kentucky, it was a worse look for them than anything else. But South Carolina, you know, their defensive line was they were bullies against Kentucky, and their quarterback plays not great. Like I don't I can't sit here and tell you that I think South Carolina is a good team, But them getting seven at home against LSU, like, I mean, I feel like that's a pretty appealing pick. What do you like in this game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got South Carolina plus seven.
Speaker 5: LSU is not look sharp and under Brian Kelly, they're two and four against the spread in six games as road favorites. And this front seven, particularly the front four of South Carolina is really nasty. And Dylan Stewart, this true freshman defensive end. I'll go ahead and verdict right now he's gonna be a number one overall pick in twenty twenty seven NFL draft. I mean, he looks like one of the best players in the country right now. Five star freshmen. He was beating triple teams consistently last week. And on the other side, they've got Kyle Kinnard in a transfer from Georgia Tech, who's already got four and a half tackles for lost, three and a half sacks, two forced fumbles.
Speaker 2: Stewart's got two forced fumbles and two.
Speaker 5: And a half sacks, and he's been drawing holding penalties on the other team.
Speaker 2: Now you's got two.
Speaker 5: Emery Jones and Will Campbell are two projected offensive tackles to go in the high first round this year.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't trust the north seller South Carol on his quarterback.
Speaker 5: But he played much better last week. A couple of touchdown passes and Rocket Sanders. I'm not saying he's quite back into the twenty two for me out of Arkansas when he's one of the best players in the country, but he looks like a whole lot healthier than he did last year and closer to that twenty twenty two form.
Speaker 2: And that gives them a big time running back.
Speaker 5: And with the pressure they're getting defensively and with a guy like Rocket Standers, I like our chances at home plus seven.
Speaker 3: Have you been to a game at South Carolina at Williams Brice Stadium. I have not same here, but I've heard it's like, really like it doesn't get thrown out there that often when it comes to the best atmospheres in the SEC. But i've heard people who have gone there when they're good and they've got some momentum right now because of the dominant win last week, I think that atmosphere is gonna be pretty rockets.
Speaker 5: Yes, And I've heard all those same things that you know when this place is electric, it's real, real electric, And I'm sure it'll be that way in New n Eastern tomorrow.
Speaker 3: No doubt about it. All Right, So let's discuss NFL anything stand out as far as the board this week. I mean I took a beating NFL Week one I typically do. I didn't expect it to be as bad as it was. But anything you're hot on here as we get to Week two in the NFL, Yeah, I'm gonna give.
Speaker 2: You some player props that I'm really hot on.
Speaker 5: So last week I couldn't believe it when jayde and Daniels rushing yards the Commanders Is over under was only thirty nine and a half and the over was at plus money. I hammered that and over that number early second quarter. So they've jacked it up to fifty two and a half this week. Still love it to go over. He ended up with eighty eight rushing yards on sixteen attempts and two rushing touchdowns last week. I mean I was I was playing his rushing yards props overs in the eighties late last season at LSU. But I mean, look, he still looks just as fast on an NFL filled scrambling around So I love that over fifty two.
Speaker 2: And a half. Anthony Richardson's rushing.
Speaker 5: Prop is not out yet, but I imagine it will be low fifties like Jayden Daniels. It was forty three and a half last week. He had four attempts from forty three rushing yards in the first half. He had no attempts in the third quarter, but he eventually got their six rushing attempts, fifty six rushing yards and a touchdown. So with ar I'll go, I'll say all the way up to fifty five, I would play it over. I'm also gonna go with the Colts minus three because I'm fading Malik Willis, who had zero career touchdown passes and three interceptions.
Speaker 2: I also like the Commanders at minus one and a half against the Giants.
Speaker 5: That I'm going with the Chargers minus five and a half or six at Carolina, which looks like the worst team in the NFL. And one more aj Brown receiving yards prop over seventy eight and a half.
Speaker 2: He had one nineteen.
Speaker 5: Last week, and he had at least seventy nine and nine of the first fourteen games to start last season.
Speaker 3: Good stuff, all right, I've got to ask you this, just as a selfish Colts fan, talk me into Anthony Richardson being our franchise quarterback and it being successful. Can you do that.
Speaker 5: I mean, I can own his talent, but you know, I'm I'm like every Colt fan. I'm sure you know you worry about him getting injured when he runs the ball, but you know, I'm like Jayden Daniels.
Speaker 2: He's two hundred and sixty pounds.
Speaker 3: So oh he had he had maybe the most impressive throw of the of the week.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 3: I'm maybe biased in saying that as a Colts fan, but I mean that touchdown pass he had was insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, he threw two great deep balls last week and he can do that, and you know, he just needs what.
Speaker 5: Do you only have like four starts last year, just more routes.
Speaker 2: He's gonna get better and better.
Speaker 3: I hope that's the case. We had a great run going there with Peyton and then Luck and then you know, since then, it's just been a revolving door and he's the big investment. Hopefully it works out. I love my Colts, but I'm not sure how good they're going to be this year. But maybe, you know, maybe he shows progress and they can draft well and get this thing turned around. But Brian, I appreciate you has always making time for us. Enjoy the next four days. Of football and best of luck to you on those wagers, my man.
Speaker 2: Thanks egg, have a great weekend, you two.
Speaker 3: Brother. That's Brian Edwards for Vegas Insider dot com. If you want to follow Brian on Twitter, I mean you should be already. If you're not easy, you can find him at Vegas b ed words good stuff. They're really good account when it comes to just good informational stuff when it comes to sports wagerings. So we always appreciate Brian making time for us. All right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side. Wrap at the three o'clock hour right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. I love this song. I no longer think of pounding beer when this song comes on because it's a drinking game song, which I've not participated in in a long long time and wouldn't Actually not that it's not that it's something to brag about as a as a father of two in his late thirties now, but like as I go over, I can chug beer better than I ever could. Like when I was a you know, degenerate bar hopping you know, young twenties guy that you know drank a lot more than you know I do. Now I could put them away, but not quickly. Like I was not good at chugging. Did one keg stand during my college years and failed miserably and thought, Okay, let's not embarrass myself. Although I did a keg stand last year at the tailgate, might have been the momentum, the vibe. But like I did really well, even like not just for my standard, but for like, you know, I think a lot of people would say that was a pretty impressive kegstand. How long you were up there, how much beer you put away. But now when I think of this song Thunderstruck, I think of Varsity Blues. There's a scene in that where they're just getting their ass kicked because they're hungover. And I watched Varsity Blues not that long ago, and when I hear Thunderstruck now, I just think of that scene. Good stuff.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: There's a cover band, an ACDC cover band called Thunderstruck. Used to have Dave Moody as a member, who is well known here in the community. Actually went to Northwollet High School. Not with me, he's a little older than I am. But nonetheless, last week there was this event, it's the Cancer Fest event that they had near where I live in Bullet County, just an event to raise money for cancer research and whatnot. And they had the band Thunderstruck there and they just do nothing but ACDC covers. They're just an ACDC cover band. It is insane how they sound just like them in their prime.
Speaker 4: And that's crazy because like the voice that you hear in any ac DC song. I know they've had multiple singers, but it's so unique and hard to replicate the ground whatever you want to call it. Could not have said it better myself, and so being able to do that is very impressive. So what's crazy to me is that, like to your point, you could be you could sound good and be a popular band that people want to come and see because they love ac DC, but not sound exactly like him, because I don't know if there's many people that can and I'm not sure who the singer is now. He replaced Dave Moody, who went on to do different things musically, And I mean I was blown away by like one, how great they sound, how great they were, But like I mean, I feel like if you do like a blind test, I mean I feel again, I'm probably gonna really offend some you know purists that are of the rock and roll genre, But like, I don't know if I notice a difference. Like you know, I couldn't see what I was listening to, but I was listening to the Thunderstruck cover band and then ac DC, and they're I'm in the same setting, the same environment. I feel like I would not know the difference. But good stuff there.
Speaker 3: All right. Speaking of good stuff, how about my friends over at the Jefferson Animal Hospital. You guys have heard me talking about him quite a bit for a good reason, and I'm gonna continue to talk about them because they've got a big event coming up that I think you guys should know about. They're gonna have a blood bank event coming up next month. So at Jefferson Animal Hospital, they want to encourage folks to have their pets donate blood. They're gonna have a pet. They have a pet blood bank, which is pretty rare, and some people who have dogs, cats, pets, they may not even realize it, but your dog and cat can donate blood just like you do. And they want to encourage people to have their pets do exactly that because you can help save lives. So join the Jefferson Animal Hospital along with the American Red Cross on Saturday, October nineteenth, between ten am and two pm for their very first Pints for paws and people. It's going to be a Jefferson Animal Hospital on outer Loop. Bring your pets, bring your family. They're gonna have food, live demonstrations on pet blood donations, and the opportunity for you to donate blood yourself to the American Red Cross. So Pints for pausing people October nineteenth from ten to two. All pets are welcome, All people are welcome from More information called FABO two nine hundred pets or visit pet Bloodbank dot com Again. Jefferson Animal Hospital really appreciate them. They do great work.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: They've been doing this for a long time, over forty four years. They've been serving the Kentucky and a community. And they're there for you when you have an emergency. And nobody plans for an emergency. That's why it's called an emergency. That's what it is. You're not planned for it. It just happens, and it's scary, and I'm not sure there's anything that can make you not scared when something's going on with your love when you're pet, but just know you can call and stop in at Jefferson Animal Hospital and they're gonna be there to help you. They've got a doctor on site every day, every night, even Christmas. So again, we appreciate them over there at Jefferson Animal Hospital on outer Loop. All Right, we got two more hours to go and a lot more to get into. I want to talk more about it, but when we get to Thursday, John, that's kind of when it turns to what we start just talking about betting on games, right.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, and I mean I've already got a parlay that maybe I was a little premature on, but I'm sticking with it and I'm hoping it works out for me this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna tail some of Brian's picks Brian Edwards, who was with us earlier from Vegas Insider, and then there's some others out there that I'm you know, pretty confident in and hey, I'm just gonna believe in the power of positivity. I'm not gonna second guess these bets. I'm gonna place these wagers and feel confident. Also talk about some underdog fantasy picks I've got as well, So stick with us. We got two hours left, It's coffee and company. Feel about Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety