Speaker 1: It's nice size. I'm Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: So today I had to drive early this morning, well for me early this morning, it's nine o'clock when you work until midnight, and once again I was reminded how bad Massachusetts drivers are. Okay, now, it just so happened that on this very day there was a report, a scientific report. My feeling is a little more subjective, but I suspect some of you might feel the same way. A lending Tree, a lot of these companies now do surveys, and this seemed to be a pretty legitimate survey by a company called lending Tree, and basically they concluded that, according to the latest lending Tree study, it seems pretty scientific, Massachusetts had the worst drivers in the US. Well, Arkansas has the best. Now Massachusetts has the worst drivers in the US because from November fifth of twenty twenty three through November fourth of twenty twenty four, that's a year Massachusetts drivers had sixty one point one incidents, which meant accidents, DUI, speeding and citations per one thousand drivers. So you have about a six percent chance if you're a driver in Massachusetts in any given year to get into an accident, have a DUI as speeding or a citation. Okay, the next worst drivers are in Rhode Island. Also, maybe we have an influence of an Island and also California, but we're the worst. We're the worst. According to this this data, the best drivers in the US are from Arkansas because they have per one thousand drivers only fourteen point seven. We have four times the number of incidents, which means again accidents to UIs speeding in citations. We have the highest accident rate forty four point four accidents per thousand. The only other state about forty is Rhode Island. In California, they die for second, and then they talk about drunk driving the District of Columbia. What you expect three point six d UIs per thousand drivers. I suspect a lot of politicians and members of Congress that get pulled over for DUI in the District of Columbia probably get to pass. But that's not why I think we have the worst drivers. I'll tell you why I think we have the worst drivers. I watch how other drivers drive. And one of the things that drives me nuts about Massachusetts drivers, and I guess we're talking Boston drivers, is this and I wonder how many of you can identify with this. You're sitting at a traffic light, you're maybe the sixth or seventh car from the traffic light, and the traffic light turns green or the arrow gives you you can turn left, whatever turns green. How long does it take for you to move if you're the sixth or seventh car, Well, that's determined by how quickly the first, second, third, fourth, fifth car move. And wherever I am, and this morning, I was on Lake Street in Brighton. I was about the sixth or seventh car back, and of course the traffic light turned green, and it wasn't like the intersection was blocked. The driver at the top just stood this, didn't move. Finally, after about five or ten seconds, they eased into the intersection and they took a left, and then the driver was right behind kind of eased through the intersection straight. And of course by time I got to the intersection, I was a six or seventh driver. The light is red. Now I'm put in the position I didn't run the red light because I'm not crazy, but there's no reason for me to be stopped at that red light. If the driver's in front of me, we're a little more aggressive. So I think our problem in Massachusetts is not that we're too aggressive, that we speed too much, that we get into too many accidents. I think the problem is we're not aggressive enough. It's as simple as that. When that light turns green, if you're sitting and you're at the first car, you're going to get through, even if you wait until the last second, and when it turns yellow, you'll be able to go through on the yellow, but no one else will get through. Then you have the people in Massachusetts who have to roll into the intersection which is blocked. Okay, you can't get through the intersection. You roll into the intersection and you block I was driving into Boston. I was riding into Boston on Saturday night. Come all avenue, you know what the ritz is. You take the right there and come aalth Avenue right at the public garden, and all of these people, one car, two cars will get through. Why because people are blocking the intersection. Now, in New York, if you block the box, you're going to pay. You are going to pay a hefty fine. And as a matter of fact, there are plenty of police officers. But in Massachusetts and certainly in Boston. The administration wants to make it miserable in drivers, and we're stupid enough as drivers to make it miserable upon ourselves. So what I want to do is I want to open up the phone lines and ask you do you think we have good drivers in message bad drivers? I think we have bad drivers. Because if you're sitting there and the light turns green in the middle of the morning commute, what in God's name do you need to go forward? What are you doing in your car that when it turns green you don't see the green light? Why do you stop? Why do you delay? Okay? And of course the other one is you're on Route nine somewhere and all of a sudden you hear in the distance a siren. Someone's going to the hospital. It could be your mother, it could be your father, could be your brother, your sister. Would anyone like move through the intersection against a red light to get out of the way of the ambulance, to allow that poor person who's in the back of the ambulance maybe they have a chance at life. No way, no way, because even if there's nothing coming, they will sit there holding on to dear life, to that steering wheel and hoping that somehow the act the ambulance that's coming behind them will go up on the sidewalk somehow and get around them. But will they take a right and get out of the way and maybe they may have to like get them to work two or three minutes late. Nope, they're gonna sit there and they're gonna wait for that ambulance and they're gonna wait for the intershactions the light to turn green, and then still they'll hesitate going through. We are the worst drivers in America. We're selfish. All we care about is us getting through the light. We're not thinking about moving through the light as when it's safe. I don't want you to run through the light and get t boned. Move through the light when it turns green. Look both ways, just like your mother told you, get to the light and allow people behind you also to get to the light. That's my complaint, and I think that we're bad drivers because we're not aggressive enough when I say be aggressive. Don't be aggressive when the light's red. Oh no, no, be aggressive when the light turns green and it's time for you to go, because there's people be behind you who are probably honking their horn at you, and it's probably me six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine thirty. Let's have at it. And if you disagree and you think that we're too aggressive, plot, feel free to bring it on. We're coming back on night Side right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Get to the phones. Let us get to the phones. Going first up to Warren down to the South coast. Hey Warren, how are you tonight? Hey?
Speaker 3: Dan? Yeah, first off, Merry Christmas, Very Christmas to you, the best of the holidays. Yeah, I drive all over Rhode Island in Massachusetts. I've had two for my jobs. Yeah that I've had, and yeah, I've seen there is a reason why, you know, Massachusetts and Rhode Island are by far the worst drivers. And I think it's a lot to do with congestion. You know where like if you go into Boston, Boston was not made as a driving town. It was more of a horse and buggy walking around kind of city. And that really contributes to why it's, you know, the drivers so bad because it's so congested. I mean, in Fall River, you wouldn't believe what I see down there. I've seen literally the worst kind of driving, you know, known the man. I've seen people go wrong way on the one way, you know. I've seen you know, like I go through a couple traffic lights on the way on the way home. Yeah, and I've seen people just blow right through you know, you know, you know kids on.
Speaker 2: These careful you got you, they don't stop.
Speaker 3: And I've seen people not stop, and I've seen really bad habits. One thing that drives me nuts is like if I'm driving on the highway and you get someone coming on to the highway, they don't increase seed like they're like they're driving like they're driving on a on a back country road somewhere, and they're doing thirty miles an hour and they don't increase seed. And so like if you're in the if you're in the right lane and you and you're doing you know, say sixty sixty five, you come up on them very very quickly, and you have to make a split second decision. God forbid, if you have a you know, a truck or a car on the side of you, Yeah, you know, I mean, that's I mean, I can I mean we can probably trade ripes, you know.
Speaker 2: So, so would you agree with me that we're bad drivers because we're not aggressive enough? I mean I'm just.
Speaker 3: Saying yeah, I mean, yeah, there are there are a lot of very cautious people out there, like overly cautious. I mean, Paul River is pretty much an aging, you know community. There's a lot of elderly in there. So like if you get behind someone who is in their seventies, eighties or even nineties. I have a I have a neighbor who's in the in the in their nineties and they still arrive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you get.
Speaker 3: Behind them, and you know, you might be going down the road. It might take you. You know, it might take you five minutes when it took you a minute, you know before to get down the road.
Speaker 5: So you know.
Speaker 6: So, but anyway, I get.
Speaker 2: There's there's a push. There's a push in Boston to basically you know, look, the mayor has decided that she wants to get cars out of the city.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Bike lanes, oh yeah, bike lanes everywhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The last the last couple of times I've been in Boston for a concerts and all stuff like that. I mean, I forget where it is, but there's like one concert hallway and there's literally a bike lane right in the middle of the middle of the road.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I was.
Speaker 2: Like, that's Ken that's Ken Moore Square. They've had that.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe that. I was like, you gotta be kidneys on this. And then they.
Speaker 2: They're they're on a jihad. They're on ah. Of course in Boston, and the automobile people who rely on automobiles better wake the hell up because if they don't, they're going to find out that automobiles will soon be eliminated from Boston congestion.
Speaker 3: But I also think it's also bad planning. I mean, there's a lot of questionable intersections in like in Boston, in the like in the cities like Providence is one where you know, there are some very questionable it's you know, you know place you know places where you know traffic goes through, and you're kind of like, you know, why is this set up like this?
Speaker 2: You know? So I hear you Ward, thanks for getting us going here. Appreciated.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you. Merry Christmas again.
Speaker 2: Mary Christmas, right back at you. Let me go to marry and Newton. Marry you next night side welcome Mary and Newton. Now you're there. If you're not, I'm going to put you on hold.
Speaker 7: Yes I am here, Dan, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 2: I almost lost you there. Mary, thanks for picking up. Go right ahead.
Speaker 8: You're welcome.
Speaker 7: Dan. Now I'm here. Yeah. I do agree one hundred. It is bad, severely bad Massachusetts drivers, along with out of status. And believe me, I have seen it day in and day out, going to work or not. And regardless of what the city does, spending money going around putting up all these signs, it is the driver one, regardless what city, what telling you're in, regardless I sit behind cars, the light is green and nobody moves, and when you blow the morn or something, they look at you like.
Speaker 8: You're the wrong ones.
Speaker 7: You're the bad ones.
Speaker 2: Did you you're in culta that you have the audacity to wake people up. I know that. I know that. I know the look Mary, Believe me, I know the look.
Speaker 7: I see them on the cell phones day in the hand in front of their face. We're in the minds who gave them the license. They don't see what in front of them. I don't care what signs you put up on anything. They don't see anything or anyone do eating sandwiches. They got the elbows on the steeling wheel, and I'm told to pull it by the police. They have to witness this. They don't have enough to be everywhere, and they have to witness this. How do they have enough police officers.
Speaker 8: To witness all this?
Speaker 7: I complain to the police when I see something, I say something, Well, how are they gonna see that? How many of them get away with that and get go out and kill people? They're not the only ones on the road. What are they thinking?
Speaker 8: Who gave them the license?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not all. Mary. Thank you for joining us, and I thank you for your testimony and I agree with you totally. Thank you so much. Merry Christmas, Mary, Oh, same to you again.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much for taking my call. Thank you very welcome.
Speaker 2: Thanks for calling in. Good night. Let me keep rolling here. Gonna go next to Chris, who's in Boston. Chris, you're next time night, So I go ahead, get you in here before the news break.
Speaker 4: Hey, damn, happy holiday.
Speaker 9: How you doing?
Speaker 2: What do you sell? What's on a holiday? Do you celebrate.
Speaker 9: Christmas?
Speaker 10: It's given New Year?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna wish you a merry Christmas, okay, because.
Speaker 9: I'm going with the flow.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm with you on that. But you know what, what in September when they have Labor Day and you say goodbye, don't you say that people have a nice Labor Day and all of that, they don't say. I know, they say happy Labor Day. So I'm into like whatever you celebrate. If you celebrate Christmas, I want to. I want to wish you a very merry Christmas.
Speaker 9: Merry Christmas to you too, Thank you appreciate it. I drive, say, five six days a week, I'm a chauffeur and not seeing it all all happen all the time. These people, the way they drive. Reason why Massachusetts drivers are unsafe because of their ignorance of their drive and they do not follow the rules of the road. They constantly cause an accident but have a lot of road rage. Oh wait a minute, we also got illegal immigrants who now have licenses.
Speaker 4: That's another reason why.
Speaker 9: And it's just people just don't have respect for other human beings. They don't have respect for the law, they don't respect the rules of the road. They drive like they fit a rage and somebody doing the right thing, you know, it's like they honk the horns. It's just like exactly what you said, Dan, every time that light turns green, you're honk a horn and they look at you like what it's like, no move?
Speaker 3: Are you see minded?
Speaker 4: Green light means green, red.
Speaker 3: Means stop, you know, and then when they stop moving.
Speaker 9: They they start driving. So I'm with you totally.
Speaker 2: This is exactly how what I believe. And I just there comes to a point in time where you just say, what are you thinking? If look, if you're out at noontime on a Thursday. Okay, maybe you're you're you're retired, maybe you're unemployed, but if you're driving at nine o'clock on a Tuesday morning, I got to assume you're going to work or you're going somewhere. And why do you want to tie other people up?
Speaker 9: That's what it always gives exactly exactly, you know what the things that people good at doing, Dan, they like to annoy people. Honest to god, I feel that Boston is an unhealthy city because it's just too much stressed, too much problems. People are just too how you say, traumatic and problematic and cause other people problems instead of respecting other people. But you know, but yes, I totally, totally agreed that Massachusetts definitely is is the number one of the worst drivers.
Speaker 2: A right, Chris. I appreciate the backup and the support. Tonight. You call my show anytime. I like you.
Speaker 4: Okay, God you take care, Dan.
Speaker 2: Thanks man, Merry Christmas. Right back at you. Talk to you soon, Eric, you too, Thank you, all right, thank you much. We take quick break at the news at the bottom of the hour. I have one line in six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty one line and six one, seven, nine, ten thirty. Let's light them up. Were the worst drivers? I think we are, but not because of what the statistics show. I think we're the worst drivers because we're not aggressive enough. I don't want you running red lights. But when the damn light turns green, step on it, look both ways and step on it. Simple as that. We'll be back on night Side right after this.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on w B Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the call as we go here, as we work our way through Tuesday night, Craig, Craig your next time. Hi, welcome evening.
Speaker 5: I want to say, Ohio, driving, I'm sure it's nothing compared to Boston's, but uh a lot. Once a week, maybe I'll pull up behind someone and you know, the red light turns the green and they're sitting there and it's it's called consideration. They're on the stinking cell phone.
Speaker 2: Yes, and.
Speaker 5: You know it's uh, you know, like I had to go in to Columbus this morning. I take veterans to their doctor's appointments over there. But I just see, you know, there's three lanes, break lights, put on your turn signal when you have to get over the eggs relatively easy. And you know, if you're in a rush to get to work, if you're not fifteen minutes early, your late dude taught her into it, you know, just leave earlier. And as far as the Merry Christmas, I drop out a Christmas card to my boss to eight Ria said Merry Christmas. Not go ahead. He looked at it. I said I could have been woke and said happy Holidays, Love Craig. He goes, no, this is met.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm happy that Merry Christmas is making a comeback.
Speaker 5: For sure, But uh, good luck with boss and driving Danah.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you it's it's a losing battle there there. They need to be a little bit more considerate. It's as simple as that. I would argue a little bit more aggressive. Thank you, Craig, always great to your voice. Thanks man, talk.
Speaker 5: Soon, Take care now, all right?
Speaker 2: Six seven, four thirty, triple eight nine to nine, ten thirty. Let me go down to sand in tone to Dave and sand in tone. Dave, how are you, sir?
Speaker 4: It got to disagree with you, Dan. I agree that you're driving. There is really can nerve wrecking, but it's not near as deadly as what's down here.
Speaker 6: Dan.
Speaker 4: They don't have a steep speed limit. There is no speed.
Speaker 2: Lift car accidents every year in Texas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is no speed limit. Then there is none. I couldn't I can't believe. I say my prayers every time I get out in the dark car with my door.
Speaker 2: There's no speed limit anyway. There's no speed limit anywhere or when you get out of the open road.
Speaker 4: Just about close to the city, not the open road, but on these six lane highways, six lanes on each side. Hey, yu, and these cars go by you like you're standards still and you're doing the speed limit of seventy five. Really yeah, interesting, interesting, it's it's really frightening being on these highways, folks. Folks and Texas are used to it, but I'm not. I'm used to like you are making the people go in the red light or something.
Speaker 2: But well, that's that's the thing that's really frustrating is that you're sitting in a light. You're seven or eight cars back, you know how long the light is, and you say to yourself, look, all they want to do is just get through this light, because but yeah, they sit there, they don't move and as they say, even when ambulance is coming up from behind him there, they're frozen in fear. David, I don't know. We are the worst drivers in America in my opinion. In my opinion, we'll see.
Speaker 4: My wife drove for a little while down here when they went fire like that, she yelling at the male's only half full.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 2: All right, pal, you be careful down there. We want to lose. Don't want to lose you.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, I made my daughter put a rosary on her window corner rear view.
Speaker 2: Whatever works, whatever works. I believe in that stuff. Okay, thanks Dave, we talk soon. Good night, have a great one. Let me go next to Phil a little closer to home. Phil is in wrinth Them. I know we're rinth Them? Is Phil your next night side? What do you think?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Dad?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do agree with you that we have the worst drivers in America. I don't agree that we're too we need to be more aggressive. I think we're too aggressive period. But at lights, which is lazy, we're just distracted, We're we're not paying attention. And then when somebody gives us a little two you know, you know, give me a give a little people in your horn, you know, hey, get moving. They look at you like the other guys you know on the radio sets. They look at you like, what are you at? Suirp, Come on, let's go. It's it's a green light, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't want anybody to blow through an intersection, But it seems to me that if you sit there and you realize that the traffic on the in the in the intersection is not going through, just go. The light's green. Why did you go? You're going to get through the intersection, But why don't you get through the intersection so that a few more people can get through it? That's that's really the point I'm trying to make. I think when you say we're selfish, I think we are selfish as drivers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with you on that. I mean I drive a track of trail through, wasn't it. And I'm taking an early retirement because I just don't want to be on the road anymore. There's so many crazy It doesn't matter what time of day or night. It could be two three in the morning and people will just that they're bored and they want to cut in front of you, you know, break check you. You know, I don't know if they just have anger issues and they want to, you know, just make other people angry because they're angry. And then you got the people who don't know what the yield sign means and they either just come on to the highway at a regular speed expect you to slow down or move over for them, you know. I mean, if you want to get in funny, fine, but just put your foot on the gas pedal and go. It's as simple as that. But no, oh, come to somebody, I think I'll do things.
Speaker 2: Don't mess around with don't mess around to people. Run the big rigs. I mean, come on, they're out there making sure that there's food and supplies and in grocery stores. H make their life a little easier. It's as simple as that. I have a lot of symph get people who drive big rigs because I know I couldn't do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I agree with you, but I mean, you know, you're hauling forty tons of goods behind you. Cannot stop on a dime, you know, I mean, and it takes you forever to accelerate when they slow you down, you know, And it's like the trucks won't go more than say sixty eight miles an hour anyways. You know, it's a safety thing. But you know, I try to be as considerate as I can on the road for other people. But I think when they see some people, when they see a truck, it's like, oh, here we go. Tend to play some games. I mean, yeah, I'm just exaggerating, but that's what it seems like.
Speaker 2: I think you're right. I think again, we are selfish and it exhibits itself in a number of ways, a number of characterizations. I agree with you as always. Phil, Thank you very much for calling an interesting perspective. Thanks so much.
Speaker 4: Thanks Thanks having me bight too soon.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's keep rolling here. Let me get one we're in. Don't want to tie people up before the break. Where will we go next? Let's go to Angelo in Angelo, you are next on nightside.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, sir, Hello Dan Ray.
Speaker 8: I agree with you one hundred percent. There's too many distracted drivers. I've been sitting in red lights and I see people looking at their phones, eating their phones, or reading a book and not paying attention. One time, I was sitting in lights. Okay, there was a line of cars in front of me, and the cars that were in front of that cor already taken off and before that cat, you blow the end before.
Speaker 4: They even got to the red light.
Speaker 8: The red light has already changed. It's unbelievable. And I don't know if you know, I knew the Center Square.
Speaker 2: I'm very familiar with Newton said yes, what do you want to say about him?
Speaker 8: And believe me, I've seen old people walk through there with the walks signs of the blinking light. And it was an old guy walking across the street and there was a car that came flying right by him. It did not even slow down. What's the matter with people lately? I can't believe what I'm seeing lately. I'm seeing a police officer and then mode of the road with his hands with his arms out. The cod's just gonna read by him like they were ignoring him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, what a mistake that that can be a big mistake.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I said, it's a policeman. He's laughing, I mean, and they.
Speaker 4: Said, he says, yeah, you know what it is.
Speaker 6: It's all in their heads.
Speaker 8: They're not paying attention what they're doing. And I had to say it. I'm a CBL driver and I'm a nice driver, but I can't believe what I see. And one time I stopped from an elderly person to walk across the walk, and you know, the truck seems up high. So she was walking around the truck and I said, this lady better turn her head to the left. And if she did it, I said, something's gonna happen that I didn't want want to see in front of my face. And this car flew right by me. And thank god that the lady saw that.
Speaker 6: She back backed up right away.
Speaker 8: I said, what is going along with people? Off them? There's no respect to nothing in the road. And I could tell you so much I've seen elderly people even I said, I went across the center once I put the blank and lights on, the old lady were flying right by me. Did not even stop. And that was the whole person. I says, Wow, what.
Speaker 2: A bunch of a bunch of problems, A bunch of problems here, oh driver, Yeah, okay, how long you've been driving truck?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 8: Since I've turned sixteen?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 6: Well had you?
Speaker 2: And hopefully people will be a little more polite to the truck drivers because you guys provide all the groceries that that we need.
Speaker 8: A grocery and people and people don't realize it though, because of the truck coming down the street and they they don't realize that that truck can stop like they can and a dime. And then you go out on an exit.
Speaker 2: I lose you. They you said, you go water on an exit? What was it like? He dropped off? We lost him all right? I think he made some great points. I appreciate it. Thank you very much. Angel excellent points six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty one there and one in six one, seven, nine thirty. I got Glenn, Matt and Jack coming up right after this quick break on night Side.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray line from the Window World night Side Studios on w b Z.
Speaker 2: The news radio. Let's finish strong, gonna go to Jack down of the Cape. Jack on Cape called, Hey Jack, where about to the Cape?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 2: Hi? Jack? Where about the Cape?
Speaker 4: If I could ask where I'm in? West West German?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, go ahead, Uh.
Speaker 4: Enjoy your topics? Has every night as.
Speaker 2: I tang in every name. I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: But I'm going to preface my remarks with a quote, there are no problems. There are only unrealized solutions. Okay, so well, let's let's go into it. As far as the eighteen wheelers that are out there, the twelve, the twelve wheelers, the you know, these guys that are out there making our lives work. I have said for decades there should be uh a national at the government level that these trucks should have strobe lights on them to start flashing green. And what that means is everybody back up. Let this man do what he needs to do with men and women. These guys are operating. These guys are operating. I couldn't drive an eighteener. I just couldn't handle the the the the stress of the us.
Speaker 2: So do you think guy drivers are too aggressive, not aggressive enough, or just right.
Speaker 4: They're uninformed. Now, Dan, let's go to the day where we are every so every every person that's out there driving has a cell phone. And what if we were to imply that you have to have a driver's app on. Now, the driver's app. As we're driving along, all the cell phones would be communicating. So you're sitting in line waiting for the light to change. Now the cell phone is going to be triggered that, Hey, the light is going to change, So you're going to get a ding ding ding, get ready to take off, Dan, there are so many unrealized solutions. That's my point.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's a good point. Let's see if other people want to react to it. Okay, thanks, Jack, appreciate your call. Have a great night. All right, we're going to go next to get rid of Jack. Let's keep rolling here, going next to Matt and Bright Matt. You're next to Night Saga. Right ahead.
Speaker 10: Hey, hey, Dan, how are you going?
Speaker 2: We're doing great?
Speaker 10: Go ahead, all right. So here's how I'll take it. I think that every state has issues with driving and you know, being distracted. Now, when it comes to some of the things I heard before with cell phones and stuff like that. Obviously I can't compare it to but I am a huge proponent that you don't have a drink and drive. You can wait for that text message. And although people may do that when you're holding up traffic and you're holding up other people, or you're doing something that's going against the irregularity of focusing on the road, you're putting other people's lives or something of that sort on some level of risk. Now shmative troops is be considered because of that the worst or most obnoxious. That's you know, I guess in the I had to be a holder then there might be a high risk of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think met that the survey that News we had done was pretty good in terms of valves between men and women, young and old. Uh, suburban versus urban and rural. It seems to me like they're trying their best in this poll. And again, uh, you know, I don't necessarily agree with it, but they essentially say that, yeah, we got a problem in Massachusetts, Matt, I gotta get a couple more roots. I'm gonna let you run.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you man for no I hear, yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 8: I just hear it the last not say quickly.
Speaker 2: I gotta go, Matt, I gotta go, Thank you, Glad, Glen. It gets in here. I got less than a minute for I hated this, but there's four people behind you, and you're gonna got about fifteen seconds. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Well, I was gonna kill two birds with one stone. This is what crime is, my gears, that's one bird. Now I speak English, I don't speak car horn ease. And people they see that I've got my cane, they should know that I'm a blind person. Don't beep their home.
Speaker 2: Let me do this. I sure change here a couple. Call back to one and we'll deal with this in something like, Okay, I'm flat out of it.
Speaker 6: Can I call it? What time? I mean?
Speaker 2: Rob will tell you. Okay, Glenn, I gotta go. Everybody, I've done Rob Brooks, great job, Maritea a great job. When midnight comes, folks, it comes. How much time I got here? Rob? Oh, I thought you said one minute. I'm sorry. Oh, I'm sorry, sorry, sorry, Let's put Glenn back on. Glenn. I thought he said one minute. Go ahead?
Speaker 6: All right? Yeah, I know like I'm trying to cross the street and They're like beeping, little beeps, big loud horned beaps. Does that mean go? Does that mean move to down?
Speaker 4: Jerk?
Speaker 6: Does that mean we hold on? I'm coming. I mean, I don't know what car Hornese means. I speak English, not car Hornese. And it's like, you know, we'll say once in a while to go go go, and I'm like, well I'm waiting for help, go go, and I fin they don't go the extra mile, and well nobody does that anymore. Flap soured on humanity. I mean, it's just I don't know if it's just very frustrating. It's not like it was fifty years ago, you know, when someone would actually get out of a car and say take my arm, that could I go to a base?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that it's up to the pedestrians to basically guide you a little bit. You're you're a disadvantage clearly as you're trying to cross the street, and people should be more considerate civil as that. Glad I appreciate it and bring in a different perspective as always. Sorry I misread Rob. I thought he said one, yeah, gotta go, Thank you. All right, I'm gonna try to help other people in here, get them in as well. Chris in Eastbridge Water, Chris, go right.
Speaker 11: Ahead, Yes, shootings quick Dan first, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas to you, Chris.
Speaker 11: Number two, all zero one on one, quick thing. And I see this all the time. People who cut into fuel. Funeral processions gotta be drawn and quartered. Did I remember where I was in one three years ago? Somebody almost took the side off my truck cutting in and then beat the laid on their horn at me when we were at a stoplight. I just rolled down the window, showed them a funeral tag and yelled at them. And it was a funeral procession, I said a couple of other things.
Speaker 2: It's impossible to me to realize that there are people who want to ignore funeral processions.
Speaker 11: And get mad at you because they did something wrong. They should put a cop at the back of O's and they would probably make a fortune writing tickets.
Speaker 2: I'm with you. I'm with you, good call. Thanks Chris. Got to keep going here.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you much, take care of happy holiday.
Speaker 2: Save you Merry Christmas. Okay. Uh. John is in New Hampshire. What do we get left?
Speaker 6: Rob?
Speaker 2: About a minute and a half. Okay, John, want to take care of you. Go ahead, John, your next.
Speaker 12: Thanks Dan, Merry Christmas, and I thank you how you are on your show with a thank you my dog I past eight years ago this past August. But I disagree with you. I think you guys are to address of down there. I grew up in Massachusetts, and as soon as you cross that state line, there's someone within a second behind you. Everyone is in a rush, just like you're saying, if you don't go through that light too fast, someone's gonna beep.
Speaker 2: Saying if you're at the head, John, I'm just saying, if you're at the head of the line and a truds green, why not just go through the light?
Speaker 6: Mean what?
Speaker 12: Because I'm gonna do the first thing you're taught when you when I was send out of the house, stand is you look both ways before you cross the road because you've already.
Speaker 2: Wants to take How long does it take you to look both ways?
Speaker 12: Two seconds? Second? One second?
Speaker 6: Two?
Speaker 12: But I understand with it. And that's the other thing, Massachusetts. I don't think you guys are the worst drivers. I've driven cross country on I seventy three times, coming back I eighty three times. Connecticut is the worst drivers, and I'll tell you why. Same thing as Massachusetts, small roads to any people.
Speaker 2: All Right, Okay, you got the final word in John, but we're done for the night, so I gotta let you go. Thanks very much. We'll talk again, okay, Rob, thank you, Marita, thank you. Our dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. And that's why Peal Charlie Rayes, who passed fourteen years ago in February, that's why your pets are her past. They love you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again, see you again anymore.
Speaker 5: Night.
Speaker 2: Everybody be on Facebook in a moment, Have a great Wednesday. Back tomorrow night. Thanks everyone,