Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go, come on home on good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen come ons.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan, Yes, sir, wake you wake your hands off snake, eg rod Ryan show check it in Free Beer.
Speaker 1: Friday, I'm beer for you straight up at six, seven, eight nine. Sean Connery going for win number three. Mars Volta tickets, Your Fun Fact Flashback. That's Home Room, Volby, Hailstorm tickets, seven twenty, Summer of Loud Tour tickets, eight twenty Alternative Income Open Phones Friday the nine o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: We'll leave you with.
Speaker 1: Those Live Collective Soul Our Lady Piece tickets on no the show Today looks great, Tomorrow looks great. Cloudy and windy tomorrow, but low chances of brain easter Sunday seventy percent chances scattered with thunderstorms. So that will be a bit of a story today on the show, for sure. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Yesterday we got some terrible news and unfortunately that's going to be in Houston's headlines. I know you got to lead with that, Alex, so go ahead. Well, good morning everyone, Good morning, Home Room, A massive shooting or a mass shooting occurred at Florida State University yesterday in Tallahassee, Florida, resulting in two deaths and six injuries.
Speaker 4: The incident took place near the student union around midday, prompting a campus why at lockdown to suspect. Twenty year old FSU student Phoenix Eichner was apprehended by law enforcement after being shot and is currently hospitalized with non life threatening injuries. Eichner is the son of a sheriff's deputy and had access to one of his mother's personal weapons, which was used in the attack. Classes and events have been canceled through the day as the investigation continues. Maryland Senator Chris van Holland traveled to El Salvador this week to advocate for the release of Kilmar Abrego Garcia, a Maryland resident who was deported last month using the Alien Enemies Act of seventeen ninety eight as justification. He's currently detained at the High Security Terrorism Confinement Center. After initially being denied access to the Brison, Van Holland eventually was able to meet with Abrego Garcia yesterday at a location outside of the facility. The senator conveyed a message from Abrego Garcia to his wife and expressed his commitment to seeking his return to the US. El Salvador's president, Naive Bucelli, posted photos of the meeting on social media, asserting that Abrigo Garcia would remain in custody. In some lighter news, almost as quickly as it began, Wendy's has ended its beef with Katy Perry.
Speaker 3: Oh they're over there, they're over it. Did they apologize now they're cold or they were cold now they're high? But I didn't see them say sorry. Ended the beef basically seem to love.
Speaker 4: When Wendy's replied, can we send her back to a photo a photo of Katie upon her return from space earlier this week, but someone in Katie's camp called it quote disrespectful, blatantly inappropriate, and a billion dollar brand using its platform to publicly demean a woman.
Speaker 3: So Wendy's issued a statement saying.
Speaker 4: Quote, we always bring a little spice to our socials, but Wendy's has a ton of respect for Katie and her out of this world talent. So no apologies, no apologies, but basically being like, don't buy anything against you, against you.
Speaker 3: We just troll everybody. It's trying to be funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Rob Lowe and John Stamos are basically the same guy.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, but some people.
Speaker 1: Kind of do.
Speaker 3: It's kind of funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it shouldn't be surprising that they get mistaken for each other time to time. But if you're driving a tour bus around Hollyoo, you should probably know the difference. And low shared a clip of a bus driver who didn't know the difference and told his clients that they were looking.
Speaker 3: At John Stamos.
Speaker 4: So Rob walked up to the tourists, who all knew who he was in the video, and joked with the driver that he's got to get better at his job. You can see this video that low posted at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: I think Meg Ryan and Melanie Griffith are the same person. Yeah, I think those two are the same, even more so than this.
Speaker 3: But this one's funny to me.
Speaker 1: And then uh what pretty woman Julia Roberts and then Sondra Blok I always would get mixed up too. There's a Dylan McDermott and a mulmulney, mulrooney, mulrooney, Yeah, Dylan mulrooney.
Speaker 3: And it's like they don't look the same, but their names are. I always get confused with who is who when there's all the crises.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Chris Isaac, even all the Chris is all right?
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 4: Most people agree that Black Sabbath invented heavy metal, but according to Metallica's Kirk Hammett, they also reinvented it on their nineteen seventy five albums Sabotage. More specifically, he credited this song Symptoms of the Universe for a shift in music that led to both crash metal and the new wave of British heavy metal that would brings up They would spring up late in the seventies and early eighties. Hammett said that just quote just that song in terms of attitude, the choice of notes, how it was played, and the fact that it was just the main part of the song and the hooks of it. Once you hear it, you'll always hear it again and again. It's just an amazing riff. I mean, I rocks does rock.
Speaker 3: Black Sabbath invented heavy metal. They also invented thrash metal apparently when they did this song and British heavy metal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they were British too, right, Yeah, all give them all the metals.
Speaker 4: What I really got is just like how crazy it was that, like Ozzie was just so young doing all that stuff. When you see the photos of him in that album specifically, Yeah, he was a baby.
Speaker 1: They were all young. They were all young, all right.
Speaker 4: In sports, the Astros are back in action tonight. They're gonna open up a weekend series with the Padres. Ryan Gusto will be on the mount for the Strows, going up against San Diego.
Speaker 3: Kyle Hart first pitched at seventeen.
Speaker 4: You can listen to the game on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven to ninety and News Radio seven forty ktr H. In the NBA, the final two play in games are tonight at six, the Hawks are gonna play the Heat, and then at eight thirty, the Grizzlies host the Mavericks.
Speaker 3: You can watch both of those games on TNT and ESPN.
Speaker 4: The winners of tonight's games will be the eighth seed in their conference playoffs.
Speaker 3: The losers are out now move on to the Rockets. You gotta less something for the Rockets.
Speaker 1: Okay, reserve this for Rockets playoff basketball only.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rockets are gonna play the Warriors in Game one of their first round series on Sunday night.
Speaker 3: They come into the game as one and a half point favorites. They're only the second two seed.
Speaker 4: Ever to not be favored to win their series against the seventh seed.
Speaker 3: Gotta prove the world wrong. Tip Off is at eight thirty.
Speaker 4: You can hear the game on our sister station, News Radio seven forty KTRH. Let's go Rockets. So the NBA playoffs start tomorrow. NHL playoffs also start tomorrow. What a great time of year, guys, that's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go, let's go four hours of pain. Who wants that first case of beer? Let's do it. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now.
Speaker 5: Bam Friday, Bam Friday.
Speaker 3: You got a free Friday.
Speaker 5: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right, Bam Friday, Right Friday and Friday.
Speaker 1: All right, first case of beer.
Speaker 3: We don't waste any time on this show.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, Well hello, who's this my name's Pam.
Speaker 6: How are you great?
Speaker 1: Thank you for asking. I think a lot of people are off today. I think this place will be a ghost town here. I don't see anybody in the parking lot at the building, so most of the building has off today.
Speaker 3: What are you doing up so early, Pam.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to win some beer, are you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Loking today? I mean kids are off of a lot of kids are off of school.
Speaker 6: It is well, My kids are grown. I'm a first responder. I'm an EMT so I work twenty four hour shift, so I got off yesterday, so I am off today and Saturday, but I work at forty eight Sunday to Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Damn, Pam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you for the job that you do.
Speaker 1: I mean, I thank you. I mean that, thank you so much. I know I don't know what's going on in those EMT vehicles. I think I do, but I don't. But I know lives are saved every day in those EMT vehicles.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable what you guys are capable of doing. It's a mini hospital on wheels. It's crazy to me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: The things that could be.
Speaker 3: Done in there, Pam, listen, I love you.
Speaker 1: I thank you for being up around.
Speaker 6: Thank you you.
Speaker 3: Got the first case of beer today.
Speaker 6: Heee, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited.
Speaker 6: I've never won anything, so thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, congratulations, man, do you deserve this and more and more. But let me at least get you started with that beer. So you start a forty eight hour shift when.
Speaker 6: Go in Sunday morning and I'll get off Tuesday. Oh my, so we work forty eight off ninety six and then you know you pick up overtime during the week too, so you might pick up another overtime in like three days or so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I.
Speaker 3: Have to say.
Speaker 1: Everyone else, quit bitching, Yeah, everybody. I will never complain. I won't come well, probably i'll find a way to complain, but I'll think of you, Pam, and I won't. All right, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Thank you for keeping our keeping our parents steps and stuff. If you're show, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: I love it, all right, thank you, Pam. Be safe out there.
Speaker 1: Hang on. Wow, that's the hardest work and beer winner ever ever. Guys, good morning, Okay, if you got to work today, what are you gonna say now? Nothing? What are you gonna say now? Absolutely. I'm so happy to be here right now. I know you're not supposed to say happy good Friday, so I'll try to refrain from saying that Friday good Friday.
Speaker 3: Today is good Friday. I get it.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's a very somber day if you are doing that sort of thing today. But I hope you're having a good start to your Friday. We are going to be busy this morning. Sean Connery is going for win number three, fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Like I said, I'll have some Mars Volta tickets for you. Those are coming on the Fun Fact Flashback Open Phones.
Speaker 3: Can't wait to get you guys on.
Speaker 1: Last day for Bring On Buzzfest sponsored by Love Street Blonde. Local bands got to get their stuff into us today. So man, a lot of ground to cover today. Thank you for being up dark and early with us. I've got to take a break. We'll come back, we'll find out what's trending, we'll get a rec check, we'll do all the fun things.
Speaker 8: Houston, Houston's alternative and home of the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five.
Speaker 3: The Buzz All.
Speaker 1: Right here we go. Welcome aboard to Rod Ryan's show. We got freemier Friday happening today ten percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy, high of eighty eight.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow twenty percent chance of rain, cloudy, windy.
Speaker 1: Mid eighties. Nice day. Easter Sunday seventy percent chance of scattered thunderstorms, high of eighty two. Got the Easter egg hunts. You got to get together with friends and family and going to church and all of that stuff could be a little.
Speaker 3: Rainy out there for your inside.
Speaker 1: Do everything inside, okay, I mean most of the church stuff's inside. Easter ragg hunts inside those stink, that's true. Those think good all over the church O good. Florida State is trending. Yeah, I see it everywhere. I mean anything that shows anything that's trending. It's the shooting yesterday.
Speaker 4: So people are all talking about the shooting that happened at Florida State yesterday. At least two people are dead and six are injured.
Speaker 1: The shooter has been apprehended or legendhooter has been apprehended and is currently hospitalized with non life threatening injuries.
Speaker 3: Julia Garner is also trending.
Speaker 4: People are talking about her because she is going to play I don't know if I have to do a spoiler alert, but spoiler alert, she's gonna play a silver surfer in the New Fantastic for movie.
Speaker 3: And then Lee Corso is trending.
Speaker 4: They announced that he is leaving ESPN's College Game Day after a forty a four decade run. The show started in nineteen eighty seven with him. He's the head gear guy, always picks the head gear. I will never forget when he did you of H and I think he said FM to SMU and then put the cougar head on. That was crazy because it was like Lee Corso cusses, what is going on? But I believe the first pick he ever did, he put the buckeye on his head. And it's going to be the Texas Ohio State game, so we'll probably put the buckeye on.
Speaker 3: His head to end his tenure as well.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think he under he had a stroke and he's kind of been his health has been declining. But they're gonna give one last show, but he's leaving the show after a four decade stint. Pat McAfee's kind of been on the set, right, he's been the goofy, like wild wacky guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so he's kind of taken that role.
Speaker 4: But it was a hell of a career for Lee Corsha.
Speaker 9: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 10: Seven Sean Connery.
Speaker 9: Now you're fresh out of bed.
Speaker 11: Head to head two day champion. Shame on anyone who thought this three time Hall of Famer was gonna one pump something. Join me on Free Beer Friday when I make it win win number three bitches.
Speaker 1: Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. If you want to take him on to.
Speaker 12: The Ron Ryan Show, goodbody on ninety four five, The Buzz, ninety four five, The Buzz, Red Hot Chili Pepper's Black Summer Ron Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: On this Free Beer Friday, one case of beer down. Thank you to our friend Specs for supplying the beers to give out to you today as we turn to loose for the big Easter weekend. Hope you're off to a great start to your day. Weather wise, today, no problem. Ten percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy eighty eight, so a little warmer Saturday, twenty percent chance of rain, cloudy.
Speaker 3: Windy, high of eighty four.
Speaker 1: Now Easter Sunday, we got to worry about some chances of rain and in the morning to some chances of rain on the day, seventy percent chances scattered thunderstorms for.
Speaker 3: Your Easter Sunday.
Speaker 13: Let's play a game, and now it's time for the Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Double oh seven, Sean Connery, Good morning, Good morning, ring. Everybody's doing great. Did you have to be up today or you off and you woke up just for the game? No, No, I had to be up.
Speaker 3: You're working?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that should have been my pole question.
Speaker 3: How many people are off to Yeah? I feel like most people are You think most people are off? Elex Yeah, I know a lot of my friends are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like a lot of people are off today. Well we're here, Sean Connery. You're going for win number three?
Speaker 10: Correct?
Speaker 3: Is he taking on?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 3: Good morning? Is this Ellie good?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Other John's daughter.
Speaker 5: He forced me to do this.
Speaker 9: Chrange me Uly.
Speaker 3: How does this work?
Speaker 1: I don't think we've ever even broken this down. How is it that you take the people that come in for fresh out of bad heads?
Speaker 3: You had? Obviously you called Sean Connery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I called Sean Connery.
Speaker 3: Then I did one through nine, one through nine, and then the tenth collar was the John.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 15: I proceeded to say, John, you just played this week? Yes, oh I know I did. But can my daughter avenge me? I was like, well, there's no nothing on the rule says that you can't.
Speaker 1: I think you're right, Ellie, you've never played the game before.
Speaker 3: I have not.
Speaker 1: I am fourteen years old. Oh man, yeah, firsh.
Speaker 3: She's a fresh fresh and she's here to avenge out of John. Really can she?
Speaker 1: I don't think any roles have been broken.
Speaker 3: Here tell either no how he got through.
Speaker 1: But okay, so we're gonna do this, Ellie, Sean Connery, shout out your name now, Ellie, you've you've heard your dad played this game before.
Speaker 6: Yes, we listened to it every single day.
Speaker 1: You thought, okay, so you just got to shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Okay, double oh seven, Okay, listen, it's just another person standing in your way. Double oh seven.
Speaker 3: Okay. I hate to be the guy in your corner.
Speaker 1: But it's just a man.
Speaker 3: It's just a man. It's not a man. It's a kid. It's just a kid.
Speaker 1: A woman. All right, here we go Sean Connor listening for Sean, and we'll listen for Ellie, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. This is for bring me the horizon tickets today, tickets, huge tickets.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Question number one, what part of a dog wags when it's happy? Sean too, Tail's the correct answer, Ellie, not bad. He got you on there. I appreciate you getting in there, taking a cut. You gotta just you gotta speed like I'm gonna treat you like everyone else on the show. Find another gear, Find another gear, Ellie, get a little faster. Okay, here we go. Next question.
Speaker 3: You got that first one out of your you know what I mean, like you need that first one?
Speaker 1: Boom?
Speaker 3: Here we go. You saw the pitch came flying in.
Speaker 1: It's fast. It's like, oh, okay, welcome to the big Welcome to the big leagues. Now you know the speed of the pitches.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Next question, Which national monument features.
Speaker 3: Ellie? The Washington Monument?
Speaker 1: Show me the Washington Monument. Get this kid in the game.
Speaker 3: Oh, you may assume that she got it, Rod. You misled me. I misled you. I thought you were about to give her a bell. Which national double O seven?
Speaker 1: Which national monument features the faces of four US presidents carved into a mountain.
Speaker 3: Rushmore correct answer, cord.
Speaker 7: H.
Speaker 3: It was a good guest too, Ellie, it was a good guess.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm assuming you're off of school today. Yes, good for you, all right, Ellie, daughter, daughter of other jobs. Sean, listen, don't apologize. Listen, she came into your octagon. Yeah. I'm like, you can't just sit here and let the kid win, right, And he didn't and he did, he did not all business. I will not accept one piece of double O seven Sean Connery hate mail today.
Speaker 3: I think that's fair. I will not accept. I will not accept today weekend.
Speaker 1: Ellie, you did a great job, but the winner is Sean Connery and it's for bringing to Horizon tickets Motionless and White Latin Noon Geez, September twenty six, Toya Center. All right, great game today. The kid did get one on you. All Right, We're playing on Monday. We're gonna be here, Okay, dude, hang on.
Speaker 16: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four, the bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, the buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show pod and Youth of the Nation.
Speaker 3: Pod is playing Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: I knowed you know that I know Chili knows that for sure. It's one of his all time favorites. Buzzfest is going down Saturday, Meet twenty fourth at the Woodlands Pavilion. Chavelle and Marilyn Manson co headlining Blue October as mentioned Pod Evans, Blue Stabbing, Westwards, Sleep Theory.
Speaker 3: And what local band is going to open?
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna get you guys involved in doing some voting and stuff, but we got to get all the submissions in. Today is the last day for local bands to send us their stuff. Thank you to our friends over at Love Street Blonde for sponsoring Bring on Buzzfest.
Speaker 3: Bring me the champion, fresh.
Speaker 1: Out of bed Head to Head Challenge.
Speaker 3: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 11: Good morning everybody. This is Street Time Hall of Famer Double O seven Sean Thoman. I'll just say this, Chillie, what are you doing to me? I am here, fresh out of bed head to head three day champion. I can't imagine who's going to be on the other line next game. Join me on Monday when I make it win number four.
Speaker 1: But just you don't know who's on that other line.
Speaker 3: I mean kids, you got John's got a gaggle of kids. We can potentially just have my four other John kid.
Speaker 1: There could be other kids, just other kids all week now they're in school. Yeah, they listen every morning. So Adam the cop is like, we woo, we wu. Why am I pulling over fourteen year olds for speeding? So she shouldn't be driving. I got other tickets for her other than speeding, he said. Ellie, great job, Sean. He goes, I d K what to say about you beating up on another job, but now beating his children. Do I need to get involved?
Speaker 3: You can't just let the kid win. No, you can't, so.
Speaker 4: It would be Yeah, it'd be embarrassing for him.
Speaker 1: Uh, Rossy's trying to get their damn. I was trying to play hard today.
Speaker 3: I was called her.
Speaker 1: I called eighty one times. He called eighty one times. John got other John got through a call of time. Second he called eighty one times between two phones for the first caller and fresh out of bed, He's eighty one calls. He's eighty one calls into the show forty minutes. Wang, get off your butts. Everybody, it's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart and funny.
Speaker 13: Everybody's it's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: Just look it up.
Speaker 3: I see how Chili you good? Over there?
Speaker 1: Are you doing the rock out with your stockouts today? Something's going on with Chili.
Speaker 3: I can't hear him in this room. Okay, Well, I brought in some fun facts. We're gonna get right into the flashback as well.
Speaker 1: I gotta do something Easter based for your fun facts as we go into the big Easter weekend. So, Easter is based on the vernal equinox. It can fall on any day between March twenty second and April twenty fifth. It's a floating day. It's never like Easter, you know. The fourth of July is on the fourth of July. Christmas is on the twenty fifth. It's locked in. Easter's not locked in it always, you know. It all depends on Ash Wednesday starts the day after Marty Ras. Everything floats, everything's all over the place. That vernal equinox is wild. You can't control her. Easter has been on April twentieth for twenty just three times in the past ninety five years. They were all fairly recent too, twenty and three, twenty fourteen, and of course Sunday is for twenty.
Speaker 3: Oh We got the memes ready to go. It's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Again until twenty eighty seven, so you better enjoy it. I don't know how many of us are gonna be around in twenty eighty seven, Like, oh, I remember for twenty.
Speaker 4: Eastern my dad, Oh my god, we.
Speaker 3: Really blazed up.
Speaker 1: Stop. Every ounce of ice water you drink burns one calorie. That is fun. Whoa, Yeah, drink cold water.
Speaker 3: It burns calories. Okay, cold water.
Speaker 1: Always drink cold water. And finally, penguins have knees. That's nat.
Speaker 3: I mean, their legs.
Speaker 1: Look super short because ye, most of their leg bones are covered in feathers. But yeah, penguins have knees. What it's the fuck that of the day.
Speaker 3: We make you look smart if your buddies, it's the fuck that.
Speaker 1: To the day. All right, tickets tickets, tickets, Mars volts up October twenty eighth, seven, one to three music Hall. What we talked about yesterday?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 1: What town in California founded over a century ago.
Speaker 3: Was originally going to.
Speaker 1: Be called Conchilla, after the conch Spanish word for the small white snail shells found in the valley sandy soil sandy soil came in as they read my lips word.
Speaker 3: Yesterday sandy soil. Jeez, we could have done overtime one. Yeah, we could have done five over times.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 3: What is the town known as now? Seven one, three, two, nine four five.
Speaker 1: Now time for rockout with yours, dock out with Captain Cat. We do have hell Hi, hell brother Rod, Good morning, Good morning to you, sir.
Speaker 3: How'd you doing Wall Street yesterday?
Speaker 7: Well, not that great a day on the Wall Street. The Dow was down five hundred and twenty seven five Yeah, last supper. When the mark when the market opens on Monday, Uh, it'll be kicking off at thirty nine thousand. NASTAC down twenty to sixteen thousand and two eighty six Benchmarkinior Treasury is trading in a four point three to two percent and oil stands at sixty four dollars sixty eight cents a barrel. To those actives, the big studs Nike, Boeing and Home Depot, the big duds, United Health, Navidia and Amjen. The economic calendar this morning, Well it's all clear for the holiday. Uh, that's it. I'm out here. This is Howland manage. Jeree with Ramon James porter for The Rod Ryan Show from Raymond James on Same Fluid, Dimicusta and don't forget to always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 16: Ben's express are those of All Land and not necessarily those of Raymond James Associates, Income Ever, NYC, AS, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your ENDCA program is for educational and informational services on the studs. Duds are based on movement, as reported by Young China.
Speaker 3: Ninety four to five The Buzz Welcome.
Speaker 1: Back rod Ryan Show. Fuck okay?
Speaker 3: Whoever I had lined up went away?
Speaker 1: Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 17: What's this?
Speaker 1: Hi? What's your name is that of?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Looked up up dude? Good to have you on the show.
Speaker 3: Are you calling about the fun fact?
Speaker 1: Flashback a man and.
Speaker 9: Put that void to work and jury over there running them phone My god, man, I've bet at work at a barg text. I hope I'll get to meet all y'all this next bark peck.
Speaker 3: Well, we're all going to be there, so now listen my question today.
Speaker 1: There's a town in California that was called going to be called Conchilla, but the original materials and the printer misspelled Conchilla, and what did they end up naming it and kept it that? It's Cochilla? Congratulations? Yeah, Adam, congratulations. I think that's what you said. If that's not, I'm giving you the tickets anyways. Mars Volta, you got him Volta. Wow, Yes, sir, Mars Voltasa. October twenty eighth, seventy one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 3: You're in dude.
Speaker 9: Thanks man, I appreciate about it.
Speaker 1: Man, I appreciate you. Have a great Easter, Adam, thanks for being on the show. You sound great.
Speaker 3: I'll send you over to Chili right now. Seeing you're so in love with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, you ged your love though, he loves you all right. Mostly Claude Today ten percent chance of rain, twenty percent chance of rain for Saturday, seventy percent chance of showers for Easter Sunday.
Speaker 3: Easter Bunny's getting.
Speaker 1: Wet this year. With Houston's headlinesp.
Speaker 4: Good morning everyone, A mass shooting occurred at Florida State University yesterday in Tallahassee, Florida, resulting in two deaths and six injuries. The incident took place near the student union around midday, prompting a campus wide lockdown. The suspect, twenty year old FSU student Phoenix Eichner, was apprehended by law enforcement after being shot and is currently hospitalized with non life threatening injuries. Eichner is the son of a sheriff's deputy and had access to one of his mother's personal weapons, which was used in the attack. Classes and events have been canceled through today as the investigation continues. Luigi Mangioni has been federally indicted for the December fourth murder of United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson in Manhattan. The four count indictment includes two counts of stalking, one count of murder with a firearm, and one firearms offense related offense related to the use of a silencer. Federal prosecutors under Attorney General Pam Bondi have announced their intention to seek the death penalty, marking a significant shift in the Department of Justice's capital punishment policy. Mangioni's defense team argues that the decision to pursue the death penalty is politically motivated into undermind's due process.
Speaker 3: Dude, anything fun to talk about?
Speaker 1: Well, Google looked at the top Eastern candies we like people have been searching for sure the lead up to Easter Sunday.
Speaker 3: Number one is the pinut butter or something right.
Speaker 1: Well, in most states it was peaks, but that doesn't necessarily mean that that is people's favorites.
Speaker 3: Thirty five states have googled Peeps more than.
Speaker 1: Any other Easter candy this month. But like some of them could be hate searches, is what they're saying. Like why yes, suck of course the worst kind of Like I mean, I know, I googled Peeps. I haven't googled any other Eastern candy this month, but I googled pickle peeps.
Speaker 3: So like sometimes just for research purpose.
Speaker 1: We did a poll question last week or the week before, and the cat, the Cadbury eggs were on there, jellybeans were on there, Peeps were on there, but.
Speaker 4: Reese's that's that's the that's the best one for sure. Yeah yeah, so gummy candies are followed. So it was Peep's number one googled and then gummy candies were next in five states, and then no other type of candy had more than two states.
Speaker 3: They googled it the most.
Speaker 1: Really, I think that's because, like you said, Peeps are infamous. I don't think just a Google search you want to know about Peeps. A Google search is not an indicator that it's the best, right, it's the most talked about, it's the most polarizing.
Speaker 4: But instacart did release a list that featured the most purchased Easter candies, and Peeps wasn't even in the top ten.
Speaker 3: There's the list you need to talk about.
Speaker 4: So it was Reese's peanut butter eggs at one, Chocolate Easter Bunnies at two, Cadberry cream eggs at three, jelly beans at four, and Robin eggs, which are basically just Easter themed whoppers.
Speaker 3: Now we're talking. That's the list. Yeah, you get it.
Speaker 1: That's the list.
Speaker 3: Thank you. The Happy Easter. Everybody, eat all the peanut butter eggs you can.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 3: Those calories don't count. They're for Jesus.
Speaker 4: Another nineties classic is making a comeback, and this time it's Clueless and Delicious. Silverstone is returning as share for a sequel series on Peacock. There aren't any plot de tails yet, and it's not known if she's gonna be joined by anyone else from the original cast, like Paul Rudd, Donald Faison, or Stacy Dash, The writer, director, and producer of the nineteen ninety five original, are set to executive produce alongside of Silverstone.
Speaker 1: Paul Rudd would be awesome if he came back, but he's too big. Like Paul, I think you'd do like a little cameo. I could see him playing somebody else. I think he's cool enough to come back. I hang out for a couple of days. Faison, he's got plenty of time on his hands. He's just doing commercials with his body. He's probably And Stacy Dash is like on Fox News now, so I don't know if they're gonna call her, but she could probably shake. She's got time. Yeah, she's got time. She looks great.
Speaker 3: So it'll be interesting to see who they bring back for this.
Speaker 1: I have still never seen the original. It is good.
Speaker 4: Bush released a new single yesterday called sixty Ways to Forget. People were listening to a little clip of it right now. In a press release, frontman Gavin Rossdale and London's close friend said the song is an ode to sacrifice and dedication to the focus it takes to be better all the time and in all the things. Is produced by Rossdale and Eric Ron and it's gonna be featured on Bush's new album, I Beat Loneliness that comes out on July eighteenth.
Speaker 3: Those are Houston's headlines. It's bushy. Yeah, I wish there was more of a rocker rocking. It's just kind of whiny. He's falling to pieces, dude, I get it, just falling to pieces over there. Give me Everything's all right?
Speaker 1: Didn't even it's a it's a lyric video that's on the music blog page today where you can kind of.
Speaker 3: Watch yes release. So yeah, if I didn't have time to do them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it literally came out last night.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sports Ascros, you're back in action tonight. They're gonna open up a weekend series with the Padres at Diking Park. Ryan Gusto will be on the mound for the Stros, going up against San Diego's Kyle Hart first pitch at sevent ten. You can listen to the game on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven to ninety and news radio seven forty KTRH. In basketball, the final two NBA playing games are tonight at six, the Hawks are gonna play the Heat, and then at eight thirty, the Grizzlies host the Mavericks.
Speaker 4: You can watch both games on T and T and ESPN. The winners of tonight's games will be the eight seed in the East and West Conference playoffs.
Speaker 3: Now play the play our music. Okay, are you going to the basketball games this week? Yam? So the NBA playoffs start tomorrow. I bought these tickets without a start time.
Speaker 4: I was hoping maybe an afternoon game. It is an eight thirty tip off, so it's gonna be a little late night, but it's fine.
Speaker 3: I'll rest up.
Speaker 4: Rockets play the Warriors a game one of their first round series Sunday night.
Speaker 3: They're one and a half point favorites going in this.
Speaker 4: They are only the second seed or the second second seed in NBA history to not be favored in their first round series. Because everybody's on the Warriors, Chunk, everybody's just riding the Warriors bandwagon. Let's put it in to them to him too long.
Speaker 1: Just we got a young box, a bunch of young bucks out there just gonna kick.
Speaker 3: Their ass, punch Steph Curry right in the mouth. You and your brother are going, yep, yeah, it's gonna be fun. I hope the guy behind you is like, hey, where you've been all season?
Speaker 1: He's I mean, I mean watching it at home, where you've been all watched probably sixty five seventy games this year.
Speaker 3: You're just coming around for the playoffs.
Speaker 4: This in this instance, yes, yes, yam our expensive tim I s at eight thirty. You can hear the game on our sitter station news radio seven forty ktr RAGE and then also, hockey playoffs start tomorrow, one of the best times of the year.
Speaker 3: Gang, that's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Don't be that guy. Don't be that gale. There's gonna be a lot of new people at the Rockets game.
Speaker 3: I can't know if you've gone all the games, you have no to be like.
Speaker 7: Come.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing.
Speaker 3: You can say you're a bigger fan than welcome in. That's what hockey. That's what hockey fans do. I like her, Okay, wings, I'm mad.
Speaker 1: It's the it's it's the guy that goes. You're the guy that goes and works out on January. First, Okay, Jim Rat's been in there the whole year, and then now he sees you walking in there, don't know how to use any of the equipment.
Speaker 3: Help him out.
Speaker 4: If you help him out, a new hockey fan, where you become a new hockapand just root against the Dallas Stars.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's all we gotta do, all right, rooting is Canada and the Dallas Stars.
Speaker 1: But I know some of you have gone to all these Rockets games and there's gonna be all these fresh faces in there tonight. I still watch the game, and I just told those playoffs just welcome them in. Glad you're here. Let's do this, Okay with the Warriors, ass, I want to get in your little I'm here for all the games. That's fine, get yourself a little pat on the bank out, but just welcome everybody in The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The Buzz, Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 3: He got free Bam Friday.
Speaker 5: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. And right bam Friday and.
Speaker 1: Friday, and there we go, right, good more rod Ryan's Show. Hello, good morning, Hello, good morning. Yes, who's this Suzie Susie call her number ten all.
Speaker 3: I like, Susie, Snowflake, where are you from.
Speaker 1: Nadville?
Speaker 3: On the board, there used to be a guy.
Speaker 1: A Aron from Nadville used to call all the time for fresh on the bed head to head.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, I think they constructed a statue for him. We have Dino in Nadville too.
Speaker 1: There was somebody in there was another guy in Naedville that it's like wanted in on that statue.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe maybe we've got a build him for Susie.
Speaker 1: Now, Susie mount Leushmore of Needville.
Speaker 3: Susie, you're working today.
Speaker 8: I am.
Speaker 1: I'm on my way to work right now.
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 9: I am a pupet coordinator.
Speaker 1: Okay, I gotta do that today. I gotta get it done on a good Friday. Must be are off over here.
Speaker 3: Listen. Have a great day, Susie from Naedville. You're awesome.
Speaker 1: You are awesome. Happy Easter to you. I'm not done with Susie, Susie, I'm not done with you. If money, if money was not, if you're there, Susie, I am all right. If money was no objects, he had all the money in the world, and Jeff Bezos's girlfriend called you up and said, Hey, I want to go to space.
Speaker 3: I want to take you in the capsule with me. If would you go to space if you could afford.
Speaker 1: It, Heymel, you would not. I am amazed. That's my pole question this morning. If you could go to space, if you could afford it. Forty percent of our audience says, no way, why not?
Speaker 6: Oh no, you need to keep see on the ground.
Speaker 3: Really, I mean you fly on planes.
Speaker 18: No, I'm scared to fly on the plane.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: I got this guy on the phone. I got this gale on the phone. You're no flying at all. You're grounded, correct, okat it?
Speaker 3: I got you.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you wouldn't. All right, I'm gonna I'm gonna vote for you. So I'm gonna put you as a no way, no way, all right, Susie. All right, thank you, Susie, hang on for me. Forty percent of our audience says no way. If you could go to space and you could afford it, okay, Or you get asked to go, you know, by Jeff Bezos or his chick forty two percent of our audience. Forty three percent say yes. Sixteen percent say maybe would you go?
Speaker 3: Not yet, I let a couple other groups go make sure it's safe.
Speaker 1: It's like, don't buy the first model of a car, you wait till they'd work out the kinks. So you're telling me the gals were very brave for doing what they did.
Speaker 3: I said it was historic bravery.
Speaker 1: So you do you do agree that the element of danger is there and that would keep you from saying no, Yes, space tourism is in It's in its infancy.
Speaker 4: It is like there'd be like a couple of hundred flights before I'm not I'll go. So wait, I mean, I'm never going to get the opportunity.
Speaker 1: But Wendy stopped short of apologizing to Katie Perry acknowledged what happened.
Speaker 3: But they acknowledged what happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, this thing has not turned out the way that the girls, the girls this is not has turned This has not turned out the way that they wanted. This reminds me of Gail Goodo.
Speaker 3: You know where I'm gonna go with this wonder woman?
Speaker 1: Yes, well it was. It wasn't just Gail Goodo. It was a lot of celebrities singing from their mansions. Us here in our one bedroom apartment. It's not able to get away from COVID.
Speaker 3: I believe she is the one that corralled everybody. I think she started it.
Speaker 1: So what we're talking about is during the pandemic, wonder Woman got all her friends and that, like how Alex would tell the story, she got all her rich friends in their mansions that she is not wrong to record themselves singing. Imagine the John Lennon classic YEP. And it was meant to bring everybody together. And I do believe the intent there was, hey, we can get through this together.
Speaker 4: It was like Kendall Jenner with the PEPSI remember that ended racism temporarily, yes, and then then it came back. And then the NFL was like put in racism in the end zones, and then we're like, Okay, thank god, racism is back.
Speaker 1: Oh, I forgot that.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: Jeff Bezos's.
Speaker 1: Sanchez Lauren Lauren Sanchez, I think her intentions were good.
Speaker 4: I do do you think it was her idea or do you think it was Bezos's idea and he was like, babe, idea.
Speaker 1: I believe it was her idea and she wanted to get her favorite people. Oprah said no, so they took Gail she must love Katie Perry, that must be her favorite pop star. And then a couple of what I would call pretty deserving people that were also a part of that crew that nobody mentions and I don't even know their names. There's so much backlash for them going up there, and some of it is warranted, most of it isn't. It's just the story is not going away, and it's just going to be looked upon as a misfire. Well, what I think, I think the historical headline will be, it just didn't. The capsule landed, but the reason that they all got together and the woman movement of all going up into space together, it didn't land.
Speaker 3: It just didn't.
Speaker 1: It didn't sit right with everybody, and you can't never do anything to make everybody happy. True people, this will be looked upon as a bit of a joke.
Speaker 3: Well, what I saw online.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying this is my opinion, but it was what I've I've seen people talk about how like what they did, trying to be like this is this is historic for women doing this, and it's like, yeah, okay, it is the first, like spaceflight, but like Catherin Johnson, Dorothy Vaughn, and Mary Jackson from.
Speaker 3: The movie Hidden Figures.
Speaker 4: They put they were portrayed and Hidden Figure they were a real reason, like their their work was a real step forward for women and why people were able to get into space in the first place. And it's like by doing this and acting like that was something that was like huge, that sort of minimizes with all of these other women that really did a lot of work.
Speaker 3: To get people into space.
Speaker 1: I think if if you just own the fact that this was to promote space tourism, and I think that's that's what you look at, then you're fine. It's not a historic thing, it's it's to promote space tourism so that rich people concert. Yes, she did use the opportunity not to bring the world together, but to show the set list for her upcoming tour that nobody's buying tickets.
Speaker 3: To, oh, well, the ticket sales. She's hurting.
Speaker 1: She was hurting before. I'm sure she might be hurting more now. Yeah, all right, on the looking at girls block page. And I don't think Katie Perry, one's not more worse than the other, and none.
Speaker 3: Of them are bad people.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't believe any of them to be bad people. There's a girl that did a TikTok or. I think it's maybe an Instagram reel. I know what you're talking about, and she said, is this what you want? Is this how you wanted us to reactyas bitches?
Speaker 3: It is so funny. It's on the Looking at Girls block page.
Speaker 1: It is so unbelievably funny, and it's just okay, we can laugh at some of these things, and that's exactly what she's doing. And she found some humor in it, and I posted that. That's on the Looking at Girls block page. It's worth a look. If you have never gone to that page, you need to go watch this girl's video. It is so unbelievably funny. She is going to get an endorsement or she's gonna get something out of this. It's so funny. I don't think she's even a comedian trying to get into that space. She's just somebody that made a funny video that went viral. I don't think we've seen the last of her. I don't think she's got a Hactua career, but something's gonna come of this girl.
Speaker 3: Check it out.
Speaker 1: He's Rock's's alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show. All right, welcome back everybody, Rod Ryan Show. We are here, live, large in charge, working on a good Friday. A lot of people are off today. I see emails our way down, calls, our way down. That's my only indicator. So you know, work with us a little bit. Check out some of the things that we have on LinkedIn.
Speaker 3: Guests. I can tell views on the website down.
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 3: People are sleeping in a little bit.
Speaker 1: You deserve it.
Speaker 3: You know, if you get a day off, you get a long weekend.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 3: I'm one of those guys that I'm happy for you. That's less competition to win the things that were given away today. Look at it that way.
Speaker 1: We have had a couple of brand new beer winners today, so that's not going unnoticed. I've got Volby hailstorm tickets coming up for you now. Weatherwise, ten percent chance of rain both today and tomorrow. Well it goes up to twenty percent tomorrow. Mostly cloudy today, high of eighty eight, mid eighties tomorrow with clouds and wind, and then easter Sunday. I hate to be that guy. Seventy percent chance of scattered thunderstorms for Easter Sunday Hive around eighty two.
Speaker 3: Well, Roger Rabbit might be getting wet. That's not Roger Rabbit.
Speaker 1: I rabbit can be out there too, Peter Pumpkin hiretail, Peter Cottontail, Thank you, Pumper.
Speaker 3: That's right, Bugs Bunny, Lola, Yeah, all the rabbits are getting wet on Sunday. What's trending?
Speaker 4: Good Friday is trending. Yeah, you were just talking about that. No one's working today.
Speaker 3: It doesn't seem like, yeah, us, I'm not supposed to be eating meat today. And in our first beer Winner of the Day, she's working too. She was working lives.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what first responder, right, she's working like a couple of days in a row. That was Pamela, She goes, I just wanted to say thanks for the win.
Speaker 3: I am so excited.
Speaker 1: I never win anything. I've been trying for weeks. Love your show, Thank you for your respect for my job. I know you guys are big supporters of first responders. That should tell you right there, people that have never won before are winning today. The numbers are just the numbers are better if you're playing along with us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, call in if you never called them, congrats again. Pamela Fanny Friday is trending. Caitlin Rice was submitted to us by listener Joshua S.
Speaker 1: And I'm liking what I'm seeing at the world famous Rod Ryan showpaye at the.
Speaker 3: Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Joshua S.
Speaker 3: He's like, oh my gosh, that's my second feature this week that I submitted.
Speaker 1: He's so excited, fantastic, as some would say, thank you, dude, thank you for being so involved. He sends us stuff all the time. We need Instagram features and we need you guys to send him in.
Speaker 4: So and then also trending is Will Ferrell Get ready for the next hilarious PayPal campaign with Will Ferrell singing his rendition of Fleetwood Max go your Own Way at Bathtub. Check out the teaser tonight and the commercial during basketball games this weekend.
Speaker 3: That's was training a knife.
Speaker 1: And by the bus. If I was in a position where I had some huge national product, I would still use Will Ferrell.
Speaker 3: I mean too, I think his overall appeal. Everybody loves it.
Speaker 1: I mean him, Paul Rudd, who else is universally loved that's just right now the rock. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But he's kind of hitting miss remember him and Oprah. We're asking for money and for us.
Speaker 1: True, you know, like there's no blemish on Will Ferrell's Keanu Reeves universally loved. You're right, there's a couple mount Rushmore of universally loved celebrities.
Speaker 3: Those three definitely belong on.
Speaker 1: All right, let's give away some tickets. No one's listening, so call Hailstorm. The greatest of all tours worldwide is what they're calling this at the seven to one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 3: Think us are on sale through Ticketmaster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're one of the five people that are listening, call twice because I'm looking for caller number ten. Now, if you thought for a second that because it's good Friday, all right, that we weren't gonna that we weren't gonna just gotta break down and jump around a little bit, listen, this should make you feel a lot better about being up so early with us. All right, let's go. It's still Friday, baby, It's time to jump around with the House of Pain only on The Rod Ryan Show ninety four to five to the Buzz, Yeah, Yeah, ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: House of Pain jumping around. Thank you for jumping with us this morning.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you. Happy free beer Friday. It is good Friday today. People are calling all right. If you've be listening, I appreciate.
Speaker 3: People reaching out and saying, hey, dude, I'm.
Speaker 1: Here, I'm here, I'm here. Good morning, rob Ryan Show. Yes, sir, Hi Spencer, what do you doing so early? Everybody's off today? Just going to work. Yeah, people are working all right, Spencer, your color number ten? Congratulations. We're going to get to the volbeat hailstorm tickets. Whoa right on July twenty ninth, seventy one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 3: Dude, do you win things from us? I feel like there's a lot of new winners today.
Speaker 1: Do you win a lot from us?
Speaker 10: No, sir, A longtime listener, first time callers.
Speaker 1: So that's awesome. There's gonna be a lot of that today.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 3: Were we from uh Columbus, Texas? Okay, what are you doing up so early? You said you're going to work?
Speaker 18: What do you do?
Speaker 10: We built treehouses in swing Stead.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, dude, that's badass.
Speaker 3: Have you seen treehouse Masters?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 3: Oh you're skin Spencer, Spence Rock Have you seen that show?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, yes, sir.
Speaker 3: We're we're a little smaller than that, but still do good stuffs.
Speaker 1: So is it like a standard tree house or do people come to you with like these plans like, hey, I want a mini version of my house up in a tree.
Speaker 17: Yes sir, yes, they're like that, or you know, if they want a deck in the tree, you know, to do whatever they do and for kids, rock wall.
Speaker 1: Slides, all that fun stuff. So wow, what's the name of your company?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 3: Play Services? That's awesome, all right, Spencer. One final question.
Speaker 1: If you go into space and you could afford it, If you could afford it, or maybe you got invited to go on you know, up there with Jeff Bezos's chick or whatever, would.
Speaker 3: You go to space?
Speaker 4: I think I would.
Speaker 3: I think I would too. Does that mean you hate the environment?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 1: That's why that's another way that people are kind of like dragging these women for going up there, because Katie Perry was like super like climate person and all these things back in the day.
Speaker 3: They found all receipts. I don't think that means you hate the I don't think that means you hate the earth.
Speaker 1: I would go to forty six percent of our audience says yes, thirty seven percent, no way, fifteen percent Maybe Spencer, have a happy Easter.
Speaker 3: Man, thanks for calling in today, Yes, sir, thank you, man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Pretty cool job. I bet you he's handy.
Speaker 13: You know, he's not handy.
Speaker 1: He was not handy the guys in this room, and I'm not the guys in this room.
Speaker 3: I'm not handy at all.
Speaker 1: Guess what website crashed this week, Alex, think back to all the things. Well, that one was, yeah, okay, so that one you covered as one of your Houston's headlines Spotify also, Yeah, those sites did crash for a couple of hours.
Speaker 3: But a site that we told people.
Speaker 1: That maybebe they'd like to go to at a particular time to get to make a purchase.
Speaker 3: You remember, I know we talked about a lot of stuff. What tell me, Red Robin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, let's like crash. I'm gonna selling that card twenty dollars all like a burger every day next month and bottomless sides for twenty dollars. It was worth twenty two dollars a day. It was over six hundred dollars that the card was worth they were selling. And remember we said there wasn't any number. They didn't say, hey, we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna sell this amount of cards.
Speaker 1: But they they sold out yesterday morning, like the second they went on sale and the site crashed. Do you think that companies sometimes do that on purpose, like they crashed the site on purpose, or like they take the site off. I think it like you can get the publicity from it. I think it really did crash. Okay, But guess what, I don't think they care. Yeah, they got as, they got an issue, an apology now and everything. If you missed it, Red Robin's site yesterday and I don't know if anybody else was trying to score that bottomless burger pass. But sold out in seconds, okay. And then people went over to social media and then they start complaining. I think you just like the impressions of your name being out there. It's gotta be it. Some brand management person is like, this is gonna get you in the note. People are gonna talk about you, They're gonna remember Red Robin. There is somebody that is behind the scenes that will do something called I imagine I'm guessing now, but risk assessment.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna do this. You're gonna have to take some heat.
Speaker 1: It's probably gonna crash the site, but that means we got the message out. And people will always say it's the whole publicIt Any publicity is good publicity.
Speaker 3: It'll be one of those things. So one person wrote, this is one person.
Speaker 1: Okay, I only woke up this early to try and score a free month burger pass at Red Robin, only for the site to not load.
Speaker 3: Another person wrote.
Speaker 1: It was literally easier to get tickets to Taylor Swift than it is to get a Red Robin Berger Pass. So Red Robin released the statement today saying we did everything we could to anticipate the interest in the bottomless Burger Pass, including working with our web and gift card partners to prepare for the influx of traffic, but due to overwhelming excitement in the past, our website and supporting systems crashed. We're sorry that this happened to our loyal guests. Let me tell you they don't mind at all that it crashed. No, it's very good and I think they should be on the hook for how many they sold. That's the only thing that I'm not going to lose a minute sleep over it. But I think they should have to say, here's how many people got the deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think that's fair. And there's nothing on that to my knowledge. If you see it, let me know. Hey, kids, look it's the Easter Bunny. Actually, kids, it's the non denominational spring Bunny.
Speaker 1: Spring Bunny.
Speaker 12: Yay?
Speaker 1: What is Easter Bunny offensive to non Catholic Spring Bunny doesn't know? When did this start?
Speaker 3: Why don't we stop busting Spring Bunny's ball?
Speaker 13: This is the Ron Ryan Show, true that keeps fund ninety four five, the buzz.
Speaker 1: Ah that should make you feel good about being up early. Right there, popa Roach Rod Ryan show on this free beer Friday. Okay, okay, people are up.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Darren, says brother Ron.
Speaker 1: Just want to let you know I'm here, I'm listening.
Speaker 3: I drive a traft truck trash truck for a local company. I love the show, James Ledbetter.
Speaker 1: Not everyone is off today, Rod, I'm still out here, keeping the wheels turning, keeping the world going. By the way.
Speaker 3: No space for me, James, why not? Oh?
Speaker 1: Darren was on the red Robin site yesterday, Rod. I was there on the Red Robin site when it went on sale, it crashed immediately.
Speaker 3: I tried multiple times. I was mad. I bet he was mad. He got up and did the red Robin a great deal, Yes he did. Good morning. I hope you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 1: Happy free beer Friday. It is good Friday for those of you that are recognizing that today. That's why we keep talking about a lot of people. Not everybody. There's a lot of people that are off, but people are getting through today that haven't been able to get through to the show. I'm gonna throw it out there. We do a little thing called open Phones Friday. Okay, I've talked enup to Alex and Chili this week. I'd like to talk to you you on the phone. What do you want to talk about? Start thinking about filling up that hour with your phone calls. Okay, I'm already thinking about it.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. Sorry, let me take a short break. Don't forget.
Speaker 1: We've got summer of loud tour tickets coming your way at eight twenty. Alternative Income will still be a part of the nine to ten spot today. But yeah, open phones last hour, man, I can't wait.
Speaker 8: Houston's Rocking Alternatives The rod Rock The Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz White Stripes in seven Nation, Army rod Ryan's Show, Free Beer Friday on this good Friday. Nothing over a ten percent chance to rain today, mostly cloudy.
Speaker 3: High of eighty eight. Who maybe we should have taken off today. Pretty nice day?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What are we doing here?
Speaker 3: All right, we'll be done at ten.
Speaker 1: We'll get out, all right.
Speaker 3: We're working for the people. I didn't want to eli to yell at us again about having a day out. I just don't drowned him out out of that. He's kind of yelling at me and we're here. I don't know. Somehow he's angry.
Speaker 1: Twenty percent chance cloudy, windy tomorrow, high of eighty four. Seventy percent chances scattered thunderstorms on Sunday. That would be Easter Sunday. That's the Easter Bunny day. Okay, Easter Bunny lost where we are anticipating a visit from the Easter Bunny at my house this Sunday. I don't know what.
Speaker 3: You hope that ours comes by too?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Leaving a carrot out for him? Yeah, I gotta do all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Carrot juice, carrot juice, sure yeah yangs oh yeah, probably juicing, lunch of chickens.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 3: Sad news yesterday Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: This has been trending all morning long today. It's still gonna be the number one talked about thing today. The shooting on the on the Florida campus. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Mass shooting a care at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida, yesterday, resulting in two deaths to the six injuries. The incident took place near the student union around midday, prompting a campus wide lockdown. The suspect is a twenty year old FSU student named Phoenix Eichner, and he was apprehended by law enforcement after being shot. He's currently hospitalized with non life threatening injuries. Eichner is the son of a sheriff's deputy and had access to one of his mother's personal weapons, which was used in the attack. Classes and events have been canceled at Florida State through today as the investigation continues. Maryland Senator Chris van Holland traveled to l Salvador this week to advocate for the release of Kilmar Abrego Garcia a Maryland resident who was deported last month using the Alien Enemies Act of seventeen ninety eight as justification. He is currently detained at the High Security Terrorism Confinement Center. There After initially being denied access to the prison, Van Holland eventually was able to meet with Abrego Garcia yesterday at a location outside of the facility. The senator conveyed a message from Abrego Garcia to his wife and expressed his commitment to seeking his return to the l Salvador Ors president naib bhu Kelly, who posted photos of the meeting on social media, asserting that Abrego Garcia would remain in kestody almost as quickly as it began. Wendy's has ended its beef with Katy Perry. People seem to love when Wendy's replied, can we send her back to a photo of Katie upon her return from space earlier this week, but someone in Katie's camp called it quote disrespectful, blatantly inappropriate, and a billion dollar brand using its platform to publicly demean a woman. So Wendy's issued a statement saying, quote, we always bring a little spice star socials. But Wendy's has a ton of respect for Katy Perry and her out of this world talent.
Speaker 1: Sorry, so the victimization here, I'm not gonna say I'm sorry, but I don't go for the whole you're talented, you're demeaning a woman. You're just making a joke. She happens to be a woman. But okay, you want to take that narrative, that's fine. Yeah, I'm not Wendy's trolls everybody. There's people out there. We talked about it already, this all woman spaceflight. It didn't it didn't hit right for a lot of people, to a lot of people.
Speaker 3: But they're saying it doesn't mean it didn't mean anything.
Speaker 1: There's a ton of people that every time a celebrity posts a picture on a new car or something they bought, there's that there's people dying in the streets mentality.
Speaker 3: But it's still their money. They had to do with it was what are they supposed to spend all their money on?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 3: They can tell everyone how they can spend them, right, So celebrities.
Speaker 1: Are supposed to spend all their money on the causes that you believe him, it's not it's not fair.
Speaker 3: It's like, it's not fair. I don't beat up people for that.
Speaker 1: That's not that's completely unrealistic now, but also Wendy's is funny, So I go with Wendy's whenever they do anything. I'm not calling them astronauts. I'm just not, okay, I do I call them asked her not. There's space tourists. That's great, ills awesome. He did something that I didn't do and I probably will never.
Speaker 3: Do as a feminist. I think they are asked.
Speaker 1: My question today is would you go to space if you could afford it? Let me refresh this just to make sure we get the fresh numbers. Here a bunch of people voting on this. Forty six percent of our audience the largest number, Yes, they would. You'd do the same thing if Jeff Bezos's chick asked you to go in the capsule with her. Yeah, I'm doing it me too. Forty six percent of our audience thirty seven percent no, way, sixteen percent are unsure. I wanted to work all the kinks out, I'd go.
Speaker 3: I think it'd be a cool.
Speaker 4: Rob Low and John Stamos are basically the same guy to a lot of people, so it shouldn't be surprising that they get mistaken for each other periodically, but if you're driving a tour bus around Hollywood leading a tour, you should probably know the difference. Low shared a clip of a bus driver who did not know that difference and told his clients that they were looking at John Stamos. So Rob walked up to the tourists, who all happens to know who he was, and joked with the driver that he's got to be better at his job. You can see this video that Low posted at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a bad look, buddy. You gotta you gotta nail.
Speaker 1: Those all right.
Speaker 3: Here's just a couple off the top of my head. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Look up Schamar Moore and put them next to Jalen Hurts. They look exactly the same.
Speaker 3: Nothing's better than Will Ferrell and the drummer of the Chili Bubbers. Yeah like those guys. I can understand the two that you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Mm okay, maybe that bus driver probably should do a little relating tours.
Speaker 3: You should know the difference, all right.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 4: Most people agree that Black Sabbath invented heavy metal, but according to Metallica's Kirk Hambitt. They also reinvented it on their nineteen seventy five album Sabotage. More specifically, he credits the song symptoms of the Universe that we're listening to right now were a shift in music that led to both thrash metal and the new wave of British heavy metal that would spring up in the late seventies and early eighties. Hammittt said, quote just that song in terms of the attitude, the choice of notes, how it was played, in the fact that it was just the main part of the song and the hooks of it.
Speaker 3: Once you hear that riff, you're always going to hear.
Speaker 1: It again and again. It's just an amazing riff. Per gamm At Huge Black Savage the dude. I don't know who's morphing into who, but when you see us side by side of Courtney Cox and Jared Letto.
Speaker 3: He's morphing into her. I think because he's so pretty.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: They're meeting in the middle somewhere.
Speaker 1: Those are using.
Speaker 3: Headlines, all right, what you got in sports? Well, yeah, supposed to be back in action tonight.
Speaker 4: They're gonna open up a weekend series with the Padres at Dyke and Park. Ryan goustillib Be on the mount for the Strows, going up against San Diego's Kyle Hart first pitches at seven ten.
Speaker 3: You can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports.
Speaker 4: Talk seven to ninety and News Radio seven forty kt H and Basketball. The final two NBA playing games are tonight at six, the Hawks are gonna play the Heat. Then at eight thirty, the Grizzlies host the Mavericks. You can watch those games on T and T and ESPN. The winners of tonight's games will be the eighth seed in their conference playoffs.
Speaker 3: The losers are out of the playoffs. Play me my music please? Oh you're going today mixture Sunday Night. I wish it was today. That would be better for me to gotcha.
Speaker 4: Rockets are gonna by the Warriors in Game one of their first round series Sunday Night. They're one and a half point favorites right now, but they are just the second two seed in NBA history to not be favored in their first round series. Live disrespect being thrown the Rockets way, we could prove a lot of doubt ors wrong.
Speaker 3: Tip Hop's gonna be an eight thirty Sunday night.
Speaker 4: You can hear the game on our sister station, news radio seven forty kt RH. NBA playoffs start tomorrow, and so do the NHL Playoffs, which I think are the greatest playoffs in all of sports. It's a great time to be a live right now, gang, the great sports time of the year, at least that's what's.
Speaker 3: Going on in sports. You think Daniel Radcliffe has ever been called Elijah Wood or the other way around.
Speaker 1: No, they don't look that similar. I don't think they look They don't not They.
Speaker 3: They look pretty similar, dude, They're kind of the same.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 3: You could plug one into the other movie. You wouldn't even know. Rock and Alternative is the rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 8: Show six to ten am, Bam Friday.
Speaker 5: And you've got a free Bam Friday. You've got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right Bam Friday, and Bam Friday, Free Bad Friday.
Speaker 19: Friday.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Hello, who's this? It's Jasmin. It's our third shick to win beer today and put you all up and put you all up in space together. We're gonna have a second manned chick trip to space.
Speaker 9: I'm about that life.
Speaker 1: I'll go to stay.
Speaker 3: You will go to space? You know that's my poll question.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 3: Jasmine?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 1: Yes, Jasmine?
Speaker 9: No, I'm obsessed with space.
Speaker 1: I would totally go. Yeah, if you have the money, if you could afford it, if money was no obtort, you would go right.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure, me too, Me too.
Speaker 1: Only forty seven percent of our audience say yeah, they'd go to space. There's thirty eight percent people listening this morning said no way, they wouldn't do it.
Speaker 3: I don't get why.
Speaker 19: Why would you not.
Speaker 9: Want to go?
Speaker 1: Alex said that the safety issues are not implemented. Think so, he said, it's not safe enough yet.
Speaker 3: I would go.
Speaker 6: Hey, if it's my time, it's my time.
Speaker 5: Where you go?
Speaker 3: I feel that, Alex?
Speaker 1: Would you jump out of an airplane?
Speaker 3: Probably a lot.
Speaker 1: Of other people have done that, right, A lot more people have jumped out of airplanes than gone to space.
Speaker 3: Has it changed since having a kid jumping out of an airplane? I mean, I've never done it yet.
Speaker 1: You better run that by your wife. You better ask her, even if you don't want to, you better ask her. Hey, could I go jump out of an airplane right now. You'd be surprised at the answer. Okay, uh no, we don't do those, risk management, We don't do that. Jasmine, you got the beer.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Thank you, Thank you for listening to you're working.
Speaker 9: Yes, I'm on my way to work right now.
Speaker 3: All right, Jasmine, well listen, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: We are one case of beer away from a all lady sweep of free beer Friday. I believe.
Speaker 4: Waiting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, thank you, girl power paster you guys, Jasmine, Happy.
Speaker 3: Easter to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: All right, I've got to take a break just like that.
Speaker 1: A yeah on the flip because we're gonna get right to these tickets though the Summer of Loud Tour, that's the one with I Prevail and Fair Tooth June twenty.
Speaker 3: Eighth, Woodlands Pavilion. I'll have those for you on the flip of this quick.
Speaker 1: Break of US Rock and.
Speaker 8: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody, Rod Ryan Show. Free Beer Friday. Got a one more case of.
Speaker 6: Beer for you.
Speaker 3: The girls yanking it. Three gals and one beer today.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. Ten percent chance of rain today mostly cloudy high of eighty eight, twenty percent chance of rain tomorrow and then Easter Sunday seventy percent chances of scattered thunderstorms low eighties. So I gotta get a chance of getting wet. If you're doing the Easter egg hunt Sunday morning, what do you got trending?
Speaker 3: Easter? Trending everything Easter for the Eastern Buddy, good Friday. Today, it's good Friday, Holy Saturday.
Speaker 1: For Saturday, Jesus is chilling in the cave, and then he rises from the cave on Sunday. There's your right side yesterday, Yeah, and then yesterday I told you was the last Supper. So those are all the things that happened in his history.
Speaker 3: If you believe that playoffs is also trading just the word playoffs. The NBA and HL playoffs start tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Rockets start going to play the Warriors in Game one of their first run series Sunday night at eight.
Speaker 3: Thirty, and then Fanny Friday continues to trend.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 3: Caitlin Rice was submitted to us by listener Joshua s.
Speaker 4: And you're gonna like to see yeah at the famoush ride in Showbajesauzz dot Com and that's good trending on ninety four five to buz.
Speaker 1: All right, let's give away some tickets here, guys. We've had some first time winners. That means no one's listening. A few of you are listening, but if you haven't been able to get through before, you might be able to get through tonight. The Summer of Loud Tour, I Prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill Switch, Engage, Parkway Drive along with a bunch of other bands on June twenty eighth, Woodland's Pavilion.
Speaker 3: I'm looking for caller number ten right now.
Speaker 1: If there's ten of you out there, seven, one, three, two and two, five, nine four five, Showbody, five the Bus ninety four or five the buzz blanguin eighty two and I miss you as your Mark Puppis book showed up.
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah, I've got it. I started it yet, but it's on the it's on the kitchen counter.
Speaker 1: Do you read on the regular? I don't know this about you. I try to.
Speaker 3: I'm busy watching a couple of books a year. You do, okay, You're always watching sports and you've got like multiple screens going at all times. You're so obsessed with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, betting and all of that, but you do try to sit down and just re Yeah, I read I think five books last year last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really none this year. So how long would it take you to read that Mark Oppas book? If?
Speaker 4: Like if you it depends because like sometimes you have like a like I don't know, the kid kind of changes a lot of it. But sometimes like if it's like a weekend and my cable doesn't work, which happens a lot, then like I got.
Speaker 3: Plenty of time to read, is I'll do that? But usually I can.
Speaker 1: I can finish a book, like if I'm just on and off it probably in two weeks, sometimes faster.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing I don't do bad about it, Like let me sit down and go do this, Like I'll go play, I'll go throw the ball with the dog instead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if I could have just sat and read for thirty.
Speaker 1: Minutes, yeah, that's my thing. It's like, Okay, there's always something else I could be doing. It seems don't get me wrong. Reading's not a waste of time, right, but there's just something else that needs to be done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's hard to like justify like, oh I should go do this. It's hard to shut off my brain and just oh, I'm just gonna read. Well.
Speaker 1: And then also like when I scroll on my phone, it's the same exact thing as reading, but like I'm not reading a book. You're right, you're right.
Speaker 3: Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone here?
Speaker 1: Hello? Good morning?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 1: All right? Hi? Who's this?
Speaker 3: How many books have you read this year?
Speaker 1: Adrian? I've heard I haven't read books.
Speaker 3: You've never read a book?
Speaker 1: I mean I have not this year, not this year.
Speaker 3: That's okay, that's okay. I haven't finished the bookyet.
Speaker 18: This year.
Speaker 1: I started at several. I started several books, like another book came out. Yeah, I haven't finished one yet this year either. Hey, Adrian, you want some concert tickets?
Speaker 9: I sure do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this guy's too busy going to concerts. You didn't time to ye, you've got all kinds of things going on in school. Shut up, teacher, give me the tickets.
Speaker 1: Shut you yet. The summer of loud tour tickets, I prevail bare tooth a bunch of other bands, Adrian, I gotta pay tickets for you.
Speaker 3: They're yours, bro. Awesome, man, I've never won this first.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call it and getting through it's the weirdest day. It's not weird because I'm telling you, I'm laying it out for you. People are getting through that have never gotten through before. Yeah, dude, wait to shoot your shot today. Now, I don't know if you took our poll question on the X that's okay. But if you if money wasn't an object, would you go to space? I don't know about that one, to be honest with you. So I've got forty four percent of our audience says yes, forty percent of our audience now says no.
Speaker 14: Way.
Speaker 3: Fifteen are in the maybe category. You're a maybe guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing for sure. That's a maybe for you. Okay, all right, And then I don't think I've given out your last name, so your identity is still pretty safe.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you're comfortable answering this. Where do you land on weed?
Speaker 1: This guy's never calling us again, He's never ever calling again.
Speaker 3: Where you Where do you land on marijuana usage?
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's not for me. I've done it before.
Speaker 3: I have no problem with it.
Speaker 1: You and me are the same, Okay, You and me are the exact same on that one, Adrian, I would go to space. But as far as the weed thing, I don't know. It's not for me, but I don't mind people doing it. I legalize get it in all the states. It's it's legal in twenty four states.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 3: The only reason what I'm asking about it is because this Sunday is four twenty day. I know everyone's talking about.
Speaker 1: Easter, but it's also weed DIY. So, Adrian, You've been great on the show today. Thanks for playing along. You Sorry about waterboarding you on the air. I'll listen every day on my way to work.
Speaker 3: I got an hour commute, so it's the best day ever. All right, Thank you, Adrian, Thank you so much. Man.
Speaker 1: Happy Easter to you pour twenty this Sunday, I did. Did you hear the fun facts today? I did.
Speaker 3: Easter is based on the vernal equinox, so it can fall on any day. Easter Knox is what I like to do. Oh there you go, well, well played.
Speaker 1: It could land March twenty second, as early as March twenty second, and as late as April twenty fifth.
Speaker 3: April or I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Easter has been on four to twenty just three times in the past, like one hundred years. They've been pretty recent too, twenty three, twenty fourteen, and then this year.
Speaker 3: It's not going to happen again until twenty eighty seven.
Speaker 1: So if you're gonna do four to twenty in Easter, most of us are not going to be around in twenty eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Okay, so.
Speaker 1: This is the time to get knocked out and I'll celebrate it. There were several years of growth of getting high. They follow all this stuff, Okay. Over the past decade, cannabis has become legal for recreational use now in twenty four states.
Speaker 3: It's about half the country.
Speaker 1: Everyone says, Texas and Louisiana we're gonna be last, Like are we going to be last?
Speaker 3: God doesn't want us to smoke again. To legalize it.
Speaker 4: I just don't understand, like go, I mean, they call it gateway drugs or whatever, but it feels like it's not a gateway drug And like the people that like zero in on marijuana and trying to make sure that like any shop that's open right now has to close, Like I don't know, it feels like the plot. The positians have a lot of other stuff they could be worried about currently, Yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Do seem to be very concerned with cannabis. I understand that. I'll give I'll give you some numbers. Sixty two percent of adults, six out of ten say that they drink alcohol. Okay, only eleven percent smoke cigarettes. Now, okay, smoking ain't cool, all right? What percentage of people say they rarely or never use marijuana?
Speaker 4: Thirty sixty nine They sixty nine percent say.
Speaker 1: Sixty nine percent of people say that they rarely or never use marijuana. Here's the breakdown. Seventeen percent say they use cannabis daily for medical or recreation, eleven percent monthly, three percent two times a year. Almost seventy percent of people don't never touch the stuff. So it's it's thirty percent of people that want this.
Speaker 3: And I just said, people just want to limit those thirty per I don't want to limit the thirty percent. That's what I don't get.
Speaker 1: But I'm in that seventy percent where it's like I.
Speaker 3: Don't touch the stuff.
Speaker 1: It's just like it's okay, I don't know, listen, I might need it. I'm a pretty tightly wound dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you could also what I'm worried about losing paranoid then too, I'm a paranoid guy. Okay, sometimes it doesn't work with people like that. Yeah, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I feel like it makes me paranoid.
Speaker 1: And then people say, dude, you're going into it with the wrong mindset, because if you think you're gonna be paranoid, you'll probably be paranoid. But you don't know how to lose that. You don't know how to change your own mindset sometimes, and so it's like, I don't know, to each their own.
Speaker 3: I just this is what helps. Rushing through stuff helps rod relax. I'm not opposed to it. I'm willing to learn, but I'm not trying things actively. You go Jamaica with me, be just take a va. You got to pay the but I know that's.
Speaker 1: How you blazed up.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe I need to be on vacation on a beach, but even then I'm looking for some clothes to wash or something. I mean, when you don't have any way to wash the clothes, we got to watch these clothes. I think people would say I'm the poster boy for people that need weed. You might, but also I could see you freaking out on the only there's.
Speaker 1: Really no instances where weed is on the incline. Millennials are the generation where marijuana use is still climbing steadily. Everything else is plateaued. If you're if you're using weed, you're using it. There's very few people getting into it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's a gateway drug well doing crystal math wrath right after it, which I don't necessarily think is true. Millennials are still open and are trying out new things. Everybody else. If you're using weed, you are. If you're not, you're probably going to go through the rest of your life like that. I feel like I'm that person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I might need it.
Speaker 1: It's just maybe dabbling.
Speaker 3: What's the problem.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how to dabble about. Somebody listening will help you out of it. It's like, oh, what you need to do is micro dose over here. I don't want to I don't want to do math. I just want to chill out, Okay, I don't want to stick.
Speaker 3: I know what six beers will do with me. I don't want to do math on your gummies, all right?
Speaker 1: Breaking Benjamin on the butt ninety four or five buzz Breaking Benjamin and Awaken, Good morning, rod Ryan's show. Tony Parker's giving you a craft. When I asked Alex if he read any books, I didn't. I wasn't and he knew I was asked. I wasn't asking if he read any books to his kid. Okay, those don't count.
Speaker 6: I mean I read.
Speaker 3: I am bad, Like I've read read that ten times.
Speaker 1: I've read a million books this year. Then, okay, I mean it doesn't count. Okay, we read the fartin Easter Bunny last night or whatever, and then we read the fart egg. We had a lot of fart books for somebody. Yeah, it's like we got what we read last night. There was a there was a fart and egg, and then there was a fart and bunny last night. Those don't count, Okay, Tony Parker. I know you're trying to catch us out of technicality here. I'm sure Alex has read a million books to his kid. Yeah.
Speaker 4: There, No, I do not count those all right, But I am bat. I have the voice nailed. I can do all that stuff. Do dragons like spicy tacos? I was recommended by rod I crushed that every Taco Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Dragons love tacos, not spicy talk, but not the spicy sauce.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's another fart.
Speaker 1: And yeah that's another thing. Oh so that's what I am.
Speaker 4: Bat they try, He's like, don't take my cherries, and then somebody spoilerer takes his cherries and you gotta go uh.
Speaker 3: Oh yep, cool as hell. Now she turned ten months the fifteenth, and then how far along is Emma? Now on the second one, they're gonna be fifteen months apart.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're talking names on this new one.
Speaker 3: Weird, we're throwing out what do you think about this? What do you think about this? Nothing's set and stune interesting. Ok, yeah, yeah, you gotta have those conversations. I feel like you got your way on the first one.
Speaker 1: You gotta let her way on the second one.
Speaker 4: It was also my wife's initials before she married me too, so it kind of was both of ours.
Speaker 3: So I feel like it's a fifty to fifty fit.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I had been a boy.
Speaker 3: We knew the name was going to be Eli, so like, yeah, but she was never like I want this name. I feel like you got your way on this first kid. I think we both thought.
Speaker 1: Away you just said that with a girl, So as long as you as long as I don't hate the name, I'm cool with it.
Speaker 3: You know, Yes, I have to call him that.
Speaker 1: For the whole life.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: It's a big responsibility. Here's what's happening. I've got another case of beer coming up for you at nine o'clock. Then we'll go into open phones Friday. Then we'll go into alternative Income. That's a live today open phones, all Right'm sorry, Alternative income a chance to win one thousand dollars. We will leave you today with Live Collective Soul, Our Lady Peace tickets. All right, Alex has that circle no the show, he's coming. He's thinking about anything that we're talking about today on the show. Could be a question to win those tickets before we get out of here. And then today's the last day. Bring on Buzzfest, brought to you by Love Street Blonde. If you would like your band to open up Buzzfest, today is your last day to get your stuff into us.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the cutoff is.
Speaker 1: It might be noon today or something.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing you've got to do something on your own here.
Speaker 1: I can't just I can't. I can lead you right to the water trought Okay, I'm not gonna take your head in there to drink. Go to the buzz dot com and get the information. But yeah, last day to get your band submissions in. I'd love to have you guys opening up Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative all day and the Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety five does.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: That makes sense after the discussion that we just had on the that cit Brazil insane in the brain for twenty for sure, Yeah, for twenty On Sunday, Alex, I mean, make a little time for Jesus, please please.
Speaker 3: I'm making all the time for Jesus.
Speaker 1: I mean, can you make room for Snoop, Easter, Bunny and Jesus. There's a room for everybody on that day.
Speaker 3: Always twenty four hours the day, plenty of time. Willie Nelson.
Speaker 1: Ten percent chance of rain mostly cloudy today high of eighty eight. Twenty percent chance of rain for a Saturday, cloudy and windy, low eighties, and then Sunday, Easter Monday Day for twenty day everything I just mentioned. Seventy percent chance of scattered thunderstorms. Okay, I got another case of beer. Three ladies have won the beer today. Oh yeah, we have had a chick sweep.
Speaker 3: Day on free Beer Friday. It's been a long time. Will it happen?
Speaker 1: With that fourth and final case, we shall see. I got beer for you, I've got an alternative income. And then we'll roll right into open Phones Friday. You guys better be ready to go. I'm sick of my voice. I want to hear you guys talking on the air.
Speaker 3: All right, Hey, I want to hear them talk. I wasn't saying I was sick of your voice, that's what you said. No, I said, I'm excited to hear them talk too.
Speaker 1: When I said I'm sick of hearing my voice, you got excited. Well, you said I'm ready to hear yours.
Speaker 3: And I was like, yeah me too. All right, you're probably stick of my voice too.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah see, I didn't fight you on that, all right. I hate my voice as well.
Speaker 1: Very sad news yesterday, as we go into Houston's headlines one final time.
Speaker 3: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: Shooting occurred at Florida State University yesterday in Tallahassee, Florida, resulting in two deaths and six injuries. The incident took place near the student union around midday, prompting a campus wide lockdown. The suspect is a twenty year old FSU student named Phoenix Eichner, and he was apprehended by law enforcement after being shot and is currently hospitalized with non life threatening injuries. Heichner is the son of a sheriff's deputy and had access to one of his mother's personal weapons, which was used in the attack. Classic classes and events have been canceled throughout the day as the investigation continues. Luigi Mangioni has been federally indicted for the December fourth murder of United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson in Manhattan. The four count indictment includes two counts of stalking, one count of murder with a firearm, and one firearms offense related to the use of a silencer. Federal prosecutors under Attorney General pambond You have announced to their intention to seek the death penalty, marking a significant shift in.
Speaker 3: The Department of Justice's capital punishment policy.
Speaker 4: Mangioni's defense team argues that the decision to pursue the death penalty is politically motivated and the undermines the Dow process. Google looked at the top Eastern candies that people have been searching for in the lead up to Easter Sunday, and in most states it was peeps, but that doesn't mean that they are our favorite.
Speaker 3: Thirty five states of googled peeps more than any other Easter candy this month.
Speaker 4: Gummy candies are next with five states, and no other type of candy.
Speaker 3: Got more than two states that googled it the most.
Speaker 1: Plenty of those peep searches were what they're calling hate searches, though, like why do peep suck? Why do so many people like peeps? Where do they go?
Speaker 3: I search pickle peeps because we were trying to find those for the Chubby Bunny game earlier this week. So it's the most talked about candy. Peeps.
Speaker 1: It's the most talked about candy authrising, followed by I. I guess Cadbury eggs because those are polarizing. Either hate them or you love?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 1: I hate those.
Speaker 3: I think Cadbury eggs are awesome with it like peeps with that raw sugary egg in the inside called yoke. Oh, it's disgusting. It's the sweetest goodness part of the egg.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 3: I don't like runny eggs. You know what? I don't like runny per ten eggs.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, I like you're gross. You're you're gross for not liking grossest it's the healthiest part of the I don't know if this so what do we go by? Instacart? Then when we look at what's the most popular candy? Instacart also put out a list.
Speaker 4: This featured the most purchased Easter candies, and Peeps was not even in their top ten. So the order and the Instacart one number one Reese's peanut butter eggs, correct answer, yes, Two is chocolate Easter bunnies. Three cadberry cream eggs, great choice, and then four was jelly beans, followed by five being Robin eggs, which are just the Easter theme whoppers.
Speaker 1: So Aunt Sue and Grandma sent London a solid, pretty good sized piece of chocolate.
Speaker 3: Oh nice, that started on it. Yet, No, you're waiting till wait until the big day.
Speaker 1: I don't Yeah, I don't know when I'm waiting. I don't know what I'm gonna do with this. My sister said, don't you throw that at one better or not? I won't, but I mean it's like I gotta give my kid a little bit at a time I'm telling you, or do you just let her go? Hey, I'm on Easter, bro, It's like this is a special day. It's for Jesus, like rocket fuel. It really is risen. Brother, he has risen and like he rose. So we could eat candy. But do you remember the difference as a child between a solid piece of chocolate and a hollow piece. There was a big difference there. When you got a solid piece, it was a bit let's say solid. It was like a fire truck or whatever.
Speaker 4: You know, you know what my part would get us. We weren't fighting over the bunnies, but we always like a nice treat. My parents would throw or I mean the Easter bunny would throw in the the easter basket would be the giant Hershey's kiss. Yeah, solid chocolate all the way through this. It would take you like three days to eat it.
Speaker 3: It was great. Yeah, we always got.
Speaker 1: That one piece of chocolate, like from the local chocolate tear the chocolate hal a lot platters.
Speaker 3: Chocolate is still there. I watched chocolate. It's wonderful. I never watched it. All right, move on to the next now that we're just quoting. I love you man.
Speaker 4: Another nineties classic is Making You Comeback, and this time it's Clueless, and Alicia Silverstone is returning as share for a sequel series on Peacock.
Speaker 3: There aren't any plot.
Speaker 4: Details yet, and it's not known if she's gonna be joined by anyone else from the original cast, like Paul rud, Donald Faison or Stacy Dash The writer, director, and producer of the nineteen ninety five original, are set to executive produce alongside of Silverstone.
Speaker 3: Why do you think you never saw this movie? It's really good. One of those movies that I probably should have seen, but it just like got by me. Yeah, okay, I was late in life with Tombstone. Oh real Tombstone the last like three year. It's good. I'm not saying it's not everybody like it's always.
Speaker 4: People's top like movies that they pick from, like especially like the nineties and stuff like.
Speaker 3: It's just one of its slipped through the cracks.
Speaker 1: It's one of those movies that means a lot to people. Yes, girls, girls, and the dress. I know there's the plaid dress. Yeah, it's just it's a ducky it happy.
Speaker 3: In that one. No, that's pretty in pink. Okay, that one also is a big one.
Speaker 1: The movie has cultural significance that Okay, so it's a big, big movie. So I think it'll do well if it comes back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet it will, and people are definitely gonna check it out for sure. Bush released a.
Speaker 4: New single yesterday called sixty Ways to Forget People. That's what we're talking over right now. In a press release, frontman Gavin Rossdale and London Ryan's personal friend said quote, the song is an ode to sacrifice and dedication, to the focus.
Speaker 3: It takes to be better all the time and in all of the things.
Speaker 4: It's produced by Rossdale and Eric Ron and it's going to be featured on Bush's.
Speaker 3: New album I Beat Loneliness that'll come out on July eighteenth.
Speaker 13: Set.
Speaker 3: This guy's always working. Yeah, Gavin Rossdale's off. No, he's not off today, probably in the studio mixing Wester. This came out twenty hours ago. I'm sure he's got a full day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird to put it out on Easter weekend, but people might be at home or traveling, so it would be a perfect time to enjoy. I'm sure they looked at something that said would be a gooday to drive into a family member's house, like you're gonna be you me looking for something to listen to.
Speaker 3: Those are Uston's headlines. Kevin Rossdale has risen. He is rosen?
Speaker 10: Okay, alright.
Speaker 1: Sports Astros are back in action tonight.
Speaker 4: They're gonna be back at Dykin Park to open up a weekend series with the Padres, or as I like to call him, the Dres Ryan Gustoby on the Mountains to the Strows. He's going up against San Diego's Kyle Hart first pitches at seventeen. You can listen to the game on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty KRAH. The final two NBA playing games are tonight. At six, the Hawks are gonna play the Heat and at eight thirty, the Grizzlies host the Mavericks. You can watch both those games on T and T and ESPN. The winner of tonight's games will be the eighth seed in their perspective conferences and play me on music.
Speaker 3: That's sorry, those are Rockets playoff music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been a minute since we got to play this. Rockets are gonna play the Warriors.
Speaker 4: In game one of their first round series on Sunday night. They are one and a half point favorites right now, but they're only this second two seed in NBA history to not be favored in their first round series. All people riding with Golden State time to kind of take them down and prove them wrong.
Speaker 1: Tip Offs at eight thirty.
Speaker 4: If you can hear the game on our sister station, news radio seven forty KTIH.
Speaker 3: Let's go Rockets.
Speaker 4: NBA playoffs start tomorrow, so do the NHL playoffs. My personal favorite of all of the playoffs. But it's a great weekend if you're a sports fan. That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 5: Oh Bam Friday, you got free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, andree Bam Friday, and Bam Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the phones.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Hi, who is this Hello?
Speaker 1: This is Lauren Luna Color number ten, the girls with a sweet of the beers today. Yay, I mean yeah, what a great day.
Speaker 3: This is her history, this is her history, a historic week.
Speaker 1: Lauren, Congratulations, I'm gonna give you the fourth and final case of beer.
Speaker 3: It's all girls today. Way to go awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: Guys.
Speaker 3: Way to sweep the beers. Where are you from?
Speaker 1: Green? All right, We're gonna hook you up at the beers. Are you working today?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm also good Friday.
Speaker 1: Good for you. I don't even hate on people that are off today.
Speaker 3: I don't get.
Speaker 1: Angry at that.
Speaker 3: I think it's awesome.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Listen a great have a great easter, enjoy your beers. Thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 1: Then, thanks guys, having good day. Thank you all the sisters. The song is called the Sisters are doing it for themselves. Chicks are taking over.
Speaker 3: Okay. Beyonce told you who runs the world?
Speaker 1: Girls? Okay, I've been saying that for years. Clearly happening here today. That's awesome. Congratulations ladies.
Speaker 3: All four beer winners today, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: All right. I want to get you fired up. I want to get you excited. Open phones Friday numbers are down a little bit today.
Speaker 3: A lot of people are off. But look at how cool is Lauren not working today? Still listening to the show. That's awesome. Okay.
Speaker 1: Mostly cloudy today ten percent chance of rain hides of around eighty eight twenty percent chance of rain for Saturday, low eighties, cloudy, windy, and then seventy percent chance of rain for Easter Sunday. I'm ready, I'm ready to go. Let's say kill one here, Mundo, Laida Lade. You can always cut on those gravy gangers. Yeah, you don't know, dude, are you at a wrestling event or something? I saw you online?
Speaker 9: Yeah, seven o'clock over here, and I may may not be a little hungover.
Speaker 1: It's wait, wait if your phone's breaking up a little bit, tell everybody where you.
Speaker 19: Are Vegas right now for WrestleMania forty one.
Speaker 1: I am in Oh, I gotta put Mundo on hold.
Speaker 3: Mundo. I know this about this. I love Mundo. I'm gonna put him on hold just to check that full line.
Speaker 1: He's he's gonna go down in history, in wrestling history, like those old guys that have been at that have been the go to every super Bowl. He goes to every is Victor still in on that group handing.
Speaker 3: Most years they all go.
Speaker 4: But I don't know if they it's if it's in everything. Sometimes stuff comes up, but yeah, it's really cool.
Speaker 1: He's a group of guys that go to every single WrestleMania, and I saw him with a past the gravy flag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, does he get that into the event? He has before we've been.
Speaker 4: I think it was Charlotte Flair was doing something at Toyota Center and she was it was her match, and you could just see it past the gravy thing, and it was like our YouTube channel that day was like, I'm just here from uh from raw just here for raw Man.
Speaker 5: But he was.
Speaker 4: He was showing me yesterday that he put a future on the Yankees to win the World Series and he was like, all right, we're gonna get rich.
Speaker 1: It's like it's not gonna hit buddy. So I told him bet the Capitals to win the Stanley Cup.
Speaker 3: It's weird. He's a huge Astros fan. Let's see if his phone sounds any better.
Speaker 1: Moondo you there, Yes, sir, Okay, I'm up against the window.
Speaker 3: Now when is Russell minto I'm.
Speaker 1: He's really breaking up.
Speaker 3: I can't try try again, Yeah, Modo, let's try.
Speaker 1: Let's try again. Let's get Chris on. Hey, Chris, good morning, good morning, roar Chris weird.
Speaker 17: What I called you guys a couple weeks ago about San Antonio trip all is going to be taken to see a girl I've known for thirty five years.
Speaker 3: But MG, this is the girl you went to high school with. Elementary school geez Je's and Rice.
Speaker 1: Chris. Okay, let's just review because here's what I do remember about it. Chris, you were driving to San Antonio and it was an overnighter. I'm like, well, you get in a hotel room or something. You're like, no, I'm staying at her place. Do I have the facts right? Yes?
Speaker 3: Great facts, dude. Okay, first of all, went better than it could be expected, and I'm going back this weekend. No, dude, not.
Speaker 17: Getting back in the game. I've been out of it for a couple of years, but I don't think it was an accident. Her and I reconnect and we really really enjoy each other's company and like each other and all that. So it's kind of it's kind of scary getting back into it, but I'm doing it because she's worth it.
Speaker 1: She's just want to write you guys. Now, she's a completely different person. So are you from that person that used to hang out in elementary school together and you, guys still felt.
Speaker 3: Like you had that connection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Dude, that's so great. So you're going there again this you guys been Easter with her.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm going up tomorrow and then I'm gonna stay there for Monday and Tuesday and come back Wednesday because she has also a So we're just gonna spend some more time together and get to know each other as adults a little bit more and just kind of see where this leads.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna ask for I'm not.
Speaker 1: Gonna be here than i've been a long time. You sound happy, and I'm just gonna I'm just gonna I want I'm gonna ask you one question. You don't have to answer any of my my dumb, my questions. But what I'm gonna ask you is, when it came time to go to bed, here's what I'm gonna go question.
Speaker 3: Was there a separate bedroom or it's like no, no, you're in here with You're in here with me. That's it's allmasking.
Speaker 1: He's like, you're in.
Speaker 6: Here with me.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, non man, way to go, Chris. All right, I need constant Chris updates now.
Speaker 1: I also all right, that's another that's another line. Open Open phones for Friday, Open phones for Friday. More like open phones, fried yay, Yeah, open thrones, open phones, fried ya for Chris. That's another phone line open guys. What do you want to talk about? Let's get these phone lines filled up. Man, anything you want to plug, anything you got going on this weekend. I'll throw something out there. We don't have to do topics.
Speaker 3: But what are you eating?
Speaker 1: Everyone talks about what they eat at Christmas. Everybody talks about what you eat at Thanksgiving? Obviously, what do you eat for Eastern Is there an Easter meal that you grew up? Is it something that you have to have for Easter. I'll get you started on that too. That could be just a little sub sub conversation that we have. But get on the phone lines with us seven, one, three, two and two, five nine four, five, ninety four or five The Buzz. That's your chance now to win one thousand dollars into this nationwide g word on our website. Bank that's bank. Enter it now at the Buzz dot com for your shot at one thousand dollars an alternative income from ninety four five.
Speaker 8: The Buzz, Houston's Rock and Alternative and The.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. The Buzz welcome back.
Speaker 1: I'll get over to your phone calls. We'll get back into open phones Friday. I got a full bank of calls. That's making me very very happy. Love seeing all your names on there. I'm coming to every single one of you.
Speaker 13: But first online Kid's Alix Online ninety four five the buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, there's a.
Speaker 3: Four eighteen guy.
Speaker 1: Nineteen twenty. Okay, he loves it.
Speaker 3: All I thought you doing area could that today day while you are going?
Speaker 4: I mean, eggs are expensive these todays, So why don't you instead of doing a potato or a marshmallow or any other alternatives they've given you.
Speaker 3: Why don't you just do a virtual egg.
Speaker 4: Virtual eggs cost absolutely nothing and they're way less messy. So if you haven't died your eggs yet, just go to today's AOL bookmarket. And then when the kids want to die eggs later, they're like, come on over the computer.
Speaker 3: Fellas. Every year this and it's.
Speaker 1: Been ten now, congratulations you. Every year before Halloween you do that virtual carving of the pumpkin.
Speaker 3: Everyone expects it of you. Is this similar? Yes?
Speaker 1: And then Christmas we do the snowman, and then we also do the decorating of a tree. Yeah yeah, yeah, and this is our annual Easter thing. Let's do it every good Friday. Go decorate some Easter eggs. It's free and you can do it as many times as you want at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. Hey here in Luck, it's open phones from.
Speaker 3: Coming down the road.
Speaker 1: Here. I'm gonna go to every single line that's busy because you might be the only people listening. Joanna, Good morning, Good morning, Hey Joanna, you're on open phones. What you got for us?
Speaker 14: I just wanted to wish good luck to all the track athletes that are competing at regional tournament this weekend.
Speaker 3: It's weird that they're doing a tournament on Easter weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have several kids that are competing myself, so that's awesome. Okay, And where is the competition happening?
Speaker 10: Our track being is happening at Huntsville High School.
Speaker 1: Oh very good.
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, good luck out there, everybody.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Richard, you're next up on open phones. Good morning, what a brother Ron.
Speaker 1: This is brother Richard. Brother Richard, so great, so glad to have you on.
Speaker 3: I like the energy O. Already you're on the air. It's open phones, daddy.
Speaker 7: Oh I know, brother, Hey, you know what My favorite part of your show is when you do the fun back of the day.
Speaker 3: No, really, I swear man.
Speaker 1: You know some of the stuff you guys say is.
Speaker 3: Like I didn't know that, Like did you did you know that penguins had kneecaps?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I called earlier for free beer Friday. But Chillie told me he's like, oh man.
Speaker 1: Earlier, it's a it's a who rules the world, alex girl. Girls got all the beard today, Richard. It just wasn't in the cards for the dudes. I know, man, but you know what.
Speaker 3: That's okay, Hey, let the ladies drink. Are you working for me? Are you working today?
Speaker 1: I am supposed to be off, but I'm gonna go work.
Speaker 3: You are gonna go work. What do you do, Richard, I'm referral coordinator. Okay, well you're in.
Speaker 1: So you're going in today? And then Easter plans?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I know family stuff.
Speaker 9: No, I goes got you.
Speaker 15: There's always you know, a whole bunch of those confetti eggs and then they pop it on your head and it feels like a rotten breaking your head.
Speaker 1: I got you all right, Richard. Happy Easter to you man. Great energy this morning I open owned Sena. Good morning, Senna, Sena, Hi, good morning Senna.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing fantactic.
Speaker 6: I lived here in Columbus, Ohio and still listening to you guys every morning.
Speaker 1: On iHeart Radio.
Speaker 3: Did you move away from us? Unfortunately?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: How long have you been? How long have you been gone from the area since December?
Speaker 3: Okay? Were you born and raised here or you pop? You bounced around around the country a lot.
Speaker 9: I bounced around.
Speaker 6: I was a military brat, so I bounced around a lot when I was younger.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm uh.
Speaker 1: I know nothing about Columbus, Ohio except the Columbus Yellow Jackets, Blue jack blue Jackets, the Purple Jackets.
Speaker 3: State Ohio state is there?
Speaker 9: Say?
Speaker 1: Ohio state is huge here?
Speaker 6: Of course, that's where the university is located in Columbus.
Speaker 1: Right Are you there for work? Are you still You grew up in the military, but now you bounce around for work. Yes, I'm bouncing around for work right now.
Speaker 6: I'm actually walking home from the store.
Speaker 1: I hike through a nearby park.
Speaker 3: What's the temperature outside if you had.
Speaker 1: To guess when I left the house of as sixty eight degrees. Okay, that's not bad, that's managed. Okay. Did you experience some snow this winter though this past winter?
Speaker 9: Yes, but not on Christmas and it may be very disappointed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: Very limited snow when I was in Buffalo for this year. Listen. I love it for keeping up with us on the iHeart app I'm assuming. Thank you so much. You know, I understand when people got it for opportunities.
Speaker 1: You got to move away, and I never get mad at that. It's just don't leave us, leave us. And the fact that you're still listening.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I really really do.
Speaker 6: Y'all are still one of the best radio shows I have ever listened to, and I'm so disappointed. So I started listening to radio shows up here in the car.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, I've got it. I need to go back to the road Ryan, So I need to go.
Speaker 19: Back to my roots.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Thank you is such kind words. All Right, thank you have a happy Easter. Okay, you too. Don't ever leave us, None of you can never leave us like Jacob, you can't leave us. If you move, you have to you have to stay listening to us. Okay, Jacob, okay, all right, you're on open phones though. Good to have you on.
Speaker 6: What do you go?
Speaker 10: I wanted to hear Alex's opinion on weed.
Speaker 1: Alex, you have an opinion on weed.
Speaker 3: I think it should be legal. Is that what you think? Yeah, you can tax it.
Speaker 4: They look at Colorado and how much money they've made off of it, and then you're talking about all these these deficits and stuff and how much you need money to the state, and it would just be free money that you're getting. People would use it, even if, like Rod said, just thirty percent of people participate in it.
Speaker 3: You're getting taxed on it. Why not do that?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 8: What? What?
Speaker 3: What are you coming at, Alex with Jacob? What's your take on it?
Speaker 1: I agree with them.
Speaker 10: I think it should be legal. I indulge every now and then.
Speaker 1: Every now and then is once a month, twice a month, once a week.
Speaker 10: I'd say, pretty commonly on the weekends.
Speaker 1: On the weekends, okay, on the weekends, Yeah, are you do you smoke? What I will never do is I won't sit there and smoke a joint. I don't like smoking what I'm open to because again I was talking about how tightly wound I am. Maybe I need some of this, like I'm open to, like talking about gummies and things, you know those you know, edibles.
Speaker 3: Do you smoke or do you? Are you an edible guy, Jacob? No, I'd rather a joint than edibles.
Speaker 1: You do want to smoke, Okay, that's cool. I just don't like that. I don't like the act of smoking cigars chilly with those stinky cigars.
Speaker 4: Now you can control how much you're smoking. Once you do edibles, it's like that's already and yeah, it's yeah, you're right, you're in for the ride, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then somebody can be like I'm done with this and then just put a joint down or something like that. Yeah, yeah, I'm better. Just give me that bears ass and I'll try that and see how I do. Just give me them, Just give me the two little feet in the ass, and then I'll like, i'll get back.
Speaker 3: I'll get back to you.
Speaker 1: This even did anything to anything? All right?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 1: Jacob? Thanks brother, Yes, thank you. Have a good four twenty. Have a great four twenty. Jordan Welch in the machine. Dude, I was wondering if you were gonna call it. You went to ac DC, didn't you.
Speaker 14: Yes, I shared you brother Rod.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen him before?
Speaker 14: No, that was my first time.
Speaker 1: And oh I hope it's not the last, but it could be.
Speaker 3: I think it will be the last. But you got to see them.
Speaker 1: You don't have anything to compare them to as far as like, you know, the younger ac DC. People will say, well, you know back in the day, what was your takeaway from the concert?
Speaker 3: And everybody wants to hear meeting me? How are the vocals?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 14: Brian Johnson can still sing pretty good? Angus Young can sprint on stage. He did like an eighteen minute guitar for Let There Be Rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, insane. How they're in their seventies and can still do what they do.
Speaker 14: It's not Bond, you know, Malcolm is not in the band anymore, but it's still classic hits and everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Back to the voice.
Speaker 1: Is he going for it? Is he trying to hit notes that he can hit or is he just kind of consistently singing the songs in a more comfortable range.
Speaker 3: Is it noticeable on the songs.
Speaker 1: Not really.
Speaker 14: I mean he's just trying to do the best he can.
Speaker 1: He's not trying to.
Speaker 3: Wail it every time. Got it, but you know, good effort and I think he sounded pretty good. Would you pay if you don't mind my asking, would you pay for a concert ticket?
Speaker 14: It was about two seventy five with tax on the floor. That's the closest I've gotten the pit I think ever for any band.
Speaker 1: Any regrets, not at all.
Speaker 3: I wait him hundred more times.
Speaker 1: And they put on a show. Right, there's a whole show. There's the there's a whole lot of Rosie, there's the Hell's Bell. The bell comes out. I mean they do.
Speaker 3: Everyone knows what they're gonna do.
Speaker 1: They've been doing this bit for forty fifty years now, but it's still awesome. It is a rock concert experience. The cannons, the cannons. Talk about how loud those are.
Speaker 3: Cannons, Yeah, very loud.
Speaker 1: At the end, it's like, oh, blows you away. Yeah, it's it's the loudest thing I've ever heard in my life, is the cannons. For those about to rock ac DC, Way to go, Jordan, great concert review. I got a lot of those man, and we gave way tickets to some of you too to go see ac DC. They'll be in Vegas next weekend. It's another line open though. Seven to one three two win two five nine four five. Open Phones is going great today.
Speaker 3: Your each I'm here The Ron Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, All Time Low with black Bear and Monsters. Good Morning.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be quick. I'm gonna get to these calls.
Speaker 1: It is open phones. It's open Phones Friday. I just said that, let's get right into these calls. Scot's been holding the longest. Scott, thanks for holding while. Come to open Phones.
Speaker 4: You're on.
Speaker 1: Hey brother, Rots, Juggernaut, Hey buddy, I need to know when your next charity event.
Speaker 4: Is, Scott.
Speaker 3: But Scott, you're breaking up just a little bit. You asked when the next charity event is.
Speaker 1: What I'm working on right now, and I've even asked for some help from the Twins and Wizard putting together some T shirt ideas. I want to get the Rod Ryan Show t shirts and I want to get the store back up.
Speaker 3: And running to start generating money.
Speaker 1: We're already starting to say school's not even over with yet, but you got to work on this stuff ahead of time. We're working on the backpack program, so we'll hopefully do some fun things this summer to raise some money so we can keep this program going with Houston Children's Charity to give backpacks to kids that need them.
Speaker 3: So I hope that answers your question.
Speaker 1: Scott.
Speaker 3: Well, I just have a business, so I was looking for possibly sponts things like that. Okay, so your phone's breaking up. What's your business right?
Speaker 6: Unsorships and payment processing and point of sales consulting.
Speaker 1: Do me a favor just because jug or not, it's probably on my end, Scott, I'm going to say it's probably one hundred percent on my end.
Speaker 3: Email me Rod at the Buzz dot com. I want to get you involved.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 3: Jimmy, you're next up on open Phones.
Speaker 1: Thanks morning, Good morning, Jimmy.
Speaker 10: Jimmy.
Speaker 18: I want to give a shout out to the guys in my neighborhood. They're putting on a crawfish benefit boil. Yeah down here in Dickinson, Texas, at in our neighborhood. I we have twenty five cooking teams. On one of the teams and yeah, we're boiling four thousand pounds of crawfish. I think there's still some bands available to come into the event. We're gonna have a live band.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 18: They've sold over seven hundred bands this far, So just wanted to give a shout out to those guys putting on the event.
Speaker 3: Bro, this is in your neighborhood.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yes, sir? Uh huh, Holy cow, that's you.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Can anybody get getting out of this neighborhood and come me crawfish? Yeah they can.
Speaker 18: I think we're limited on bands. I think they probably have another fifty bands or something that they're going to sell at the door. Doors open at one tomorrow, Ok, and it's from one to.
Speaker 3: Six bands for your wristband.
Speaker 1: I'm giking it sounds like a bigger lineup than Coachella over there. How many bands you go?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Yeah, no, no, No, where's the neighborhood Jimmy Pedrigall and Dickinson Texas?
Speaker 1: Is there anything online that people can go look at? Is there a Facebook page or you organize that way or is it just come on down?
Speaker 18: It's just come on down. I know we have a Facebook page, but it's kind of like in the neighborhood they're just kind of keeping it to the neighborhood. Not so there's like thousands of people out here or anything.
Speaker 1: But go send her, Senator, send us a picture, Jimmy, Thank you. Good luck man doing some good, braising some money. Jac You're next up on open phones, brother Ron, are you man?
Speaker 6: You're doing good.
Speaker 3: I'm doing fantastic. Thank you for asking. What's going on with you?
Speaker 1: Jc Man.
Speaker 19: Last weekend we flew up to Telsa and then drove up flom the city to see Kid Rock.
Speaker 3: Did he just do something?
Speaker 1: Is there a tribute to Toby Keith a part of his set right now? Or I've read something and I just kind of flashed in my screen and I lost it.
Speaker 3: Is he doing something?
Speaker 9: No, he didn't do anything like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, then there must have been a separate Toby Keith's show. Then they broke some record for attendance somewhere. Tell me about the Kid Rock show. Yeah, he came out.
Speaker 19: President Trump had a video came out, you know, saying this country was built on rock and roll and Kid's doing it.
Speaker 1: Right before Kid Rock hits the stage, the opening video is Trump.
Speaker 3: Yes, ha, does the place go nuts?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: The place erupted it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's the audience. Of course, of course they they went crazy for that. And then how much? And I'm gonna leave it at this kid rock listen. I know he's a great performer. I know he jumps around, bounces around, plays all the instruments. No one's gonna question that guy. He is so unbelievably talented. He is a performer. How much and this is just this is for me. How much in between songs is he trumping? Is he talking politics and stuff?
Speaker 3: In between.
Speaker 1: He didn't really talk.
Speaker 19: A lot, but he just was talking about America and how great it was, you know, how fortunate we are. And he played, He came out and he played we the People on the piano, he played to Claire, he played the saxophone.
Speaker 3: Wow, had his guitar. That's great, He's awesome.
Speaker 19: And he was pouncing out all all the whole stuff that he played. He played all the old, love the old, and he was just he was just erupted. The place was called crazy.
Speaker 1: And what were ticket prices, because he's one of those guys that's famous for like cheap ticket prices.
Speaker 3: He said, no, The thing is what.
Speaker 19: He did was he came out with a message stating that he's opening up and you need to get in on this. You get in the window just like you'd have you know when you have tickets for you guys. Yeah, but he had it to whereas where the box couldn't buy it, the scalpers couldn't get it. He went straight to the people and he controlled the prices. So for each seat we paid was like two fifty.
Speaker 1: Good for you, dude.
Speaker 3: That's a great concert review, man, Thank you JC.
Speaker 1: All Right, guys, that very we can have to either you too, man, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Finn wants to plug his business.
Speaker 10: Finn, go ahead, Hey Rod, I've been a long time listener, probably about twenty years. Even though I'm only twenty eight years old. I've been listening since my parents were driving me around and they've been long time listeners.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sum But I just started.
Speaker 10: I just started a three D print business, and I wanted to give my Instagram because I'm looking to grow a small business. I do three D prints, I make little figuring. Instagram is in innovative that I n n.
Speaker 17: O v A E.
Speaker 3: I ve e innovation three D print. Oh see, I love you.
Speaker 1: There's no underscores there's no backslashes, there's no nothing. Finnovative too, because your name's Finn. Very clever.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and it's like it's like it's innovative. And the logo is a shark fin just popping out of the ocean, because it's like the easiest way I tell people my name because they think I say Ben a lot, yeah, and I say Fin. I say Finn like a shark.
Speaker 1: Good for you, bro, good luck to you on your business man. Yeah, it's really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you Finn.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend, have a great easter. Thank you to everybody. Great job. A couple of concert reviews, couple of a couple of plugs, a couple of charity things going on. When I sat around and I conceptualized open Phones Friday and I brought it to the radio Wizard and he just looked at me, going, oh, so you just don't want to you just want to throw away hour, the last hour of the week. I'm like, dude, I work. That hour is not a throwaway hour. It's exactly how I sold it, how it went down today. Thank you guys, you're awesome. You're awesome. I'm gonna give away live Collective Soul, Our Lady Piece tickets.
Speaker 3: I know the show. Alex is gonna ask question on the flip of this break.
Speaker 8: Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The Rod Raxt Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Let's go, Let's go, Tiper know the show. I'm still riding the high of all those calls today. Man, you guys crushed. I was worried about Open Souls because it was just kind of slow earlier today. But bam, full lines, every full line.
Speaker 3: But bam, bam, bam.
Speaker 1: I got live Collective Soul Our Lady Piece tickets. August fifteenth, seventy one to three Music Hall. What's your question?
Speaker 3: I kind of worried to try and make it a difficult one today.
Speaker 18: But why do that?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But Easter falls on four to twenty this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rod was telling us about how it doesn't happen very often, and he even told us the next time that we will have in Easter on four twenty.
Speaker 3: What year will that be?
Speaker 1: And he says most of us won't be around them.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna punch you that's a very hard quest.
Speaker 17: I know.
Speaker 1: Well, you had to be paying attention. You got to know the show, Oh lord seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you know the show, I'll be very impressed. Attention station employees.
Speaker 15: Apparently, while the Easter Funny was hiding the eggs around the office for our egg hunt, he found everybody's booze and it's been taken away.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: The Raw Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz evan essence.
Speaker 1: Musically capping off the show, Well, I guess we got one more cal bell to play cowbo song.
Speaker 3: We'll get to that.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys so much for joining us on this free beer Friday Fanny Friday number one link today.
Speaker 3: Pretty good numbers on the pretty good numbers on the website.
Speaker 1: Today, kind of like how you guys finished strong today on open phones. It was great. So the weekend, uh nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today, mostly cloudy eighty eight. Tomorrow twenty percent chance of rain, cloudy, windy eighty four. Sunday's a whole nother story. Okay, that's where you get a seventy percent chance of scattered thunderstorms for Bunny Day, highs up around eighty two. So if you got outdoor activities planned, you really.
Speaker 3: Trying to keep an eye on that stuff. Please now time for I know this show on ninety four to five. La La la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La la la la la la la la la la. Okay, good morning, Rob Ryan Show, Good morning, how you doing great?
Speaker 3: Who's this? This is William William.
Speaker 1: Welcome in, man, It's it's up, really, dude, I'd like to go home. We are going to go home, William, knock it out of the park. Okay, go ahead, Alex all right.
Speaker 4: Eastern falls on four twenty this year, but Rod told us that it doesn't happen often, and actually told us how long it'll be until we get another one.
Speaker 3: What year will the next easter slash four twenty beyond? That'll be twenty eighty seven.
Speaker 1: That is correct. See not that difficult, William, I love you. William was paying attention. I thought that was a tough question.
Speaker 3: If you know this show. I'm going into a holiday weekend too.
Speaker 1: You like to live dangerously, I say, yeah, I live collective soul, Our lady Peace August fifteenth, seventy one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 3: You're in, William All, I appreciate it today.
Speaker 1: That's great, bro, I appreciate you. I'm going to wrap up this poll question real quick. If you had the money, if money was no object, would you go to space?
Speaker 18: Would you?
Speaker 10: Would you?
Speaker 7: Just?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude? Forty five percent of our audience says yeah, if money, if you could afford it, forty five percent would go to space. Thirty seven percent said no way, Seventeen percent were kind of unsure. So I was surprised at that.
Speaker 3: I thought more people would be down for space. But all right, William, Happy Easter to you man, Thank you for being a part of the show. You sound great.
Speaker 1: Happy Eastern to y'all too, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, William, thank you. He's getting ready to come over there.
Speaker 1: I told you someone would know it. I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell. I got a fever and the only prescription more cow bell.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what I could use? What could you use?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, chicks, Yeah, the chicks.
Speaker 1: Her story shout out to the chicks Man one two case of beer number one, case of your two, case of beer, three, case of beer four. The girls with a clean sweep of free beer Friday. That hasn't happened in a long time.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Sean Connery, he beat a chick. She was like eleven years old.
Speaker 1: Other John's daughter played this morning on a fresh out of bad head to head. Yeah, big strong, tough guy, Sean Connery, he did the right thing. You can't let the kid win, Okay, you gotta teach them a lesson. Yeah, you gotta teach them a lesson. Sean Connory is gonna be having us on Monday. Ellie, I believe we've played this morning. Other Ellie, Sean Connery win three is gonna go for win number four a Monday. That's it, guys, Thank you so much. Great job on open Phones Friday. Today's your last day. Get all the details if you want to bring on Buzzfest. You're in a local band and you want to open things up out at Buzzfest. We'd love for you to be on that stage with Blue October and Pod and Marilyn Manson. It's Saturday, May twenty fourth, but today is your last day to get us your stuff.
Speaker 3: What stuff do we need.
Speaker 1: Well do something. Go to the Buzz dot com and get all that information. It's all sponsored by Love Street Blonde. All right, that's it, Chilli Alex. Guys, have a great Easter weekend.
Speaker 3: You as well go Rockets.
Speaker 1: Thank you, go Rockets.
Speaker 3: Rockets are when Sunday night at eight thirty. Okay, you're gonna be wait a minute, you're going to the game. I'm going to a game eight thirty, bright and early Monday morning. Rayo. I'm not gonna be partying at the game. I got one last nerve and you're dancing on it. Oh, I'll dance all over that nerve. All right. That's it.
Speaker 1: Everybody, have a great uh Easter weekend. All right, m take some time, spend it with your friends and family. We'll be back on Monday and we'll do it all over again. I know we got a busy, busy week plan for you next week.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, Hey am af.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 13: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com