Speaker 1: Nutter WLW. I'm Gary Jeff Walker. You're not an aren't you? Glad? Tonight a fantastic show between now and midnight. Naomi Wolf, one of the America's leading feminists and one of America's leading fighters for all of us. That will be interesting. She's coming up co founder CEO of Dailyclout dot Io JT. Young with a brand new book called Unprecedented Assault. How Big Government unleashed America's socialist left, and boy, they are off the leash and unhinged, aren't they. We'll have Michael Levine here to talk to us and also the fur Ball before we're done. But up next is the one and only Professor John Ellis. Are we done with tribalism in our world?
Speaker 2: Are we here? Aren't we?
Speaker 1: He says in a short History of Relations between Peoples that tribalism is dead. It just doesn't know it yet. We will talk to him to start the show in just minutes after this quick break, it's the nightcap.
Speaker 2: Thanks for tuning in.
Speaker 1: Let's go The Bengals take on the Raiders. Coverage start Sunday morning at nine on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage. It's the Markin Ellis, Distinguished Professor Emeritus of German Literature at the University of California, Santa Cruz. He taught at universities all around the world, England, Wales, Canada before joining the University of California, Santa Cruz back in the mid sixties. He is the author of eleven books, including The Breakdown of Higher Education. And that's the last time we had Professor Ellis on the show when that book rolled out. Right now there is a brand new one. We want to talk about a short history of relations between peoples, how the world began to move beyond tribalism. And once again, welcome to John m Ellis. How are you, John, I'm.
Speaker 3: Fine, Thanks, and thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's a great pleasure to have you.
Speaker 1: We tackled all kinds of different topics on this show, and this is the one that I'm particularly interested in because maybe some definitions for people who don't quite get what you mean by tribalism, even though it should be self explanatory to most people, is tribalism the same thing as put America first?
Speaker 2: Is that tribalism.
Speaker 3: No, I think Tribalism is just a sense that people once universally have of looking to people like themselves, close to themselves for their safety and prosperity, and especially for their protection against foreigners, who, you know, in say, five hundred years ago, a foreigner was likely to be someone who was a danger to you, an invading army or something of the kind of marauding marauding people that uh, you know, we're off to your food supply or or your possessions. So, I mean, tribalism is so very old force, and it's just simply a sense that you need to be protected against the great outside world, and people like you are the you know, the source of your protection.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let me let me put it in in the lens of what we have seen the last three and a half years, Professor ellis uh with a wide open American border, in fact, no border really at all, allowing all kinds of unvetted people from all over the world into our country with not knowing who they are or what they are. Necessarily, for one hundred and thirty different countries have been flooding into our southern border because of policies generated in Washington, d C. And It's a big, big element and decision maker for a lot of people in this upcoming presidential election, don't you think.
Speaker 3: Absolutely well, that raises a lot of you know, quite different issues. I mean there's the issue of crime. I mean, these people are not vetted. So I mean, if I go back to when I first came to America about sixty years ago, I mean I had to pass tests of you know, had I committed crimes and so on, and my background was looked into and I was only allowed into the country when they were quite clear that I was, you know, a civic minded, law abiding person. To let unvetted people pour over your border is insanity. I mean it's from a point of view of the safety of the citizens of the country, this is a horrible thing to do to people. But there's also a question of cultures. I mean, you know, we have a very strong tradition in this country. Institution is based on older concepts like like Migricarto. You know, the government must be able to prove before it acts against you. The government must be able to prove to people like yourself, a jury of the peers, that it's acting reasonably. Now that's you know, the legacy of our part legacy of our system, another one of habeas corpus that you have a right to exist in your life and your property and so on unless the government has very very good reason for interfering with that. Now, those traditions are very important to us as a country, and to let millions of people come in suddenly who don't have those traditions, who are from totally different cultures is crazy. I mean, what we should be doing is letting in people in sufficient numbers that they can assimilate and not change our culture by swamping it with a different set of values. Our political traditions and our social setup is so important to us that we should never be allowing something, you know, millions to come in who belong in a completely different culture, completely different expectations of what the government is going to be like and what law enforcement is going to be like, Yeah, what the political situation is going to be like. I mean, you just don't do that. That's awfully stupid.
Speaker 1: Well, America described as the Great melting Pot because of its history of immigrants coming into this continent and being assimilated into an American culture. We should be very proud of that. As a country, I think. But the thing is in the massive wave of immigration, say in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century in this country, there there was vetting going on and some people waited on Ellis Island for six weeks and they still didn't get in because either they were sick or they it was found that they had a criminal history where they'd come from, be it England or one of the other European countries where they had migrated from. And you know that what happened in that situation was that those people saw becoming a part of the American culture as a gift from God. They saw it as I want to assimilate and the melting pot. The melting pot only works if the incoming ingredients add to the flavor of the stew, not dominate or detract from it. And I think when you've got a wide open situation that has been invited by the current presidential administration and a vice president who's running for president, what has happened there? You have these cultures and peoples who do not want to assimilate. They just want to come into the country and make it, make it their own instead of adding, instead of adding to the stew, they are in the places where they are highly concentrated and been flown all over the country. They are dominating the flavor, and Americans don't like the taste.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why when you talk about the vetting, for example, people coming to Ellis Island in the old days, I mean, to some extent, the vetting was already in place, just in the fact that these people coming from countries that have similar political traditions to ours. I mean, if you people come from Britain, you know that their their political traditions are closely thenked already to Americas, So that in a sense, is a form of vetting already. There's there's just no doubt that if you're going to have people coming in from cultures that have no relationship whatever to our political traditions, you need to have them come in in small numbers so they can assimilate. But if you haven't come in very large numbers, that's that's real trouble. You have a real cultural clash.
Speaker 1: And you know, especially if they happen to be gang men members from Venezuela or one of these other countries, or terrorists you know from African and Islamic countries that have expressed their desire to see America die. So I mean we've had all of that in the last three and a half years.
Speaker 3: Professor Yeah, well again, I mean you these gangs, I mean trendy Aragua, they're characteristic of South American countries. They're characteristic of you know, countries in other parts of the world in Asia, but they're not characteristic of England or Germany or France. I mean, oh this again, if you have large numbers of people coming in from northern Europe, you automatic don't have that gang problem. So again, another reason why you don't. You know, you don't have large numbers of a culture coming in suddenly in ways that you can't really assimblate quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't.
Speaker 1: We don't have a lot of violent Norwegian gangs infiltrating America at this point.
Speaker 2: So let's get back.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to your book just for a second. Here a short history of relations between peoples and how the world began to move away from tribalism. When did this really start occurring, Professor ellis.
Speaker 4: Well, I.
Speaker 3: Go back to the fifteen hundred and at that time. I mean, you know, one of the things about history is if I were teaching history, I say the kids, look before you start to talk about any historical period, just to ask yourselves, did cars exist in that time? Did did railways exist in that time? Did social legislation exist in that time? What was the what was medicine like in that time? Fifteen hundred, I mean, the fact of the matter is you don't have television, you don't have radio, you don't have the internet, you don't have railways. So in other words, people in fifteen hundred know very very little about the rest of the world.
Speaker 1: Well, they didn't travel far from their homes for the most part because there was no way to get there.
Speaker 3: But you had to walk, so you probably didn't go more than thirty miles. So basically, the average person in fifteen hundred sits there and knows almost nothing about other countries except that occasionally you get an army from a foreign country invading you. So from the point of view of the average person fifteen hundred, other countries are a menace and there's something to be very apprehensive about if and that might even be stronger. You might even load the idea of seeing strangers because they're dangerous. Now, so my book is about how do you get from that state of mind that most people had very tribal, very likely to cling to their own people and be afraid of other cultures. How do you get from that to the modern world where we have We certainly have lots of tribalismes as you said, I mean, you know, Africa is still riddled with tribal conflicts. But we do have a kind of theoretical orthodoxy. Right You mustn't say that one culture is better than another, and if you start to talk about one group being inferior to another, you get called a racist. So in other words, we have an orthodoxy that all people are equally valuable, and you know that they're all worthy of respect and dignity, which is which is a fine, fine orthodoxy. All human beings are God's creechures and they all deserve respect as such. Now that that's when I say it's an orthodoxy. What I really mean is that a lot of people don't believe it. I mean, in practice, there's still a lot of tribalism going on in the world, people clinging to their own people and really not appreciating other people. Wandered a bit. The point of an orthodoxy is that you know, there's a strong pressure not to oppose it openly, so you otherwise there's a lot of hypocrisy, there's a lot of inconsistency. But everybody knows that if you make a remark that a certain country is inferior to yours, you get called a racist. And that's what I'm me by saying, there's an Orthodox, There's there's a certain belief system you have to subscribe to, and you know that if you if you ever go against it publicly, Uh, You're going to be in trouble. That a situation like that does not mean that everyone really believes in the Orthodox. It just means that everyone knows that they better not oppose it publicly.
Speaker 1: Well, how how do you how do you dismantle everything that CRT Critical Race Theory tries to tell us about race and racism, both in the past and up to modern day. How does this book address that? And uh, and kind of take it take it down?
Speaker 3: Well, Look, Critical Race Theory tells us a couple of things. One that all our problems as far as racisms are concerned, are white racism, and white racism is all about maintaining white privilege. Uh, And and and white superiority, white supremacy. Uh and and the CRT people also tell us this such a thing as white rage because our privileges are slipping away and so on. Now and part of this, part of this is it was what privileges that white people have, most of the wealth which they've were course stolen from other other other cultures. Ah, and they occupied positions of power, which again they have squeezed other people out of power. Now, in my book, what I do is show how the how the modern orthodoxy of all you know, we're all one, we're all one human race, how that orthodoxy developed, where it started, and how it developed, and how it took over the modern world and shoved out tribalism as as an orthoxy. And my whole point about critical race theory being absolutely wrong is that the history of this shows that it was the English speaking world that developed this kind of ethic, the ethic of anti racism. It was the British Enlightenment of the eighteenth century that started to talk about the rights of all people and the evil of one person being subjected to the will of another. And so a movement began in England and nowhere else to abolish slavery. And by about seventeen seventy, which about you, but maybe sixty seventy years after the movement began, already you were starting to see slavery being abolished in various places.
Speaker 1: The founders of this country, Professor Ellis, knew that slavery had to be abolished in this country. Even the people who were slave owners and are appointed to now as awful racist endemic racism in America. From the very beginning of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, they all knew that this had to go.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and they were just yeah.
Speaker 3: Point of my book is on this argument is that that sentiment slavery's got to go. It starts in only one place, Britain. It doesn't start in Africa, on the country. Slavery's practiced in Africa for one hundred years to come. It doesn't start in Asia, it doesn't start among North American tribes. It starts only in Britain. That's the one place it starts. It gathers steamed very quickly in England, and it produces results by late eighteenth century. And at that point the rest of the world is still indulging in slavery. So CLT and know the worst has things backwards scribe.
Speaker 2: All right, if you want to learn about it. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to cut you short, but I'm running kind of short on time, and that's probably my fault, not yours. But the book is a short history of relations between peoples, how the world began to move beyond tribalism. The author's professor John M. Ellis, and our guest tonight, and I appreciate your time so much and great success with the book.
Speaker 3: It's out now, yes it is indeed, yes, all.
Speaker 1: Right, fantastic Professor Ellis, have a wonderful evening. And all I'll say at this and see if you can give me a yay or nay on this quick comment. I think that Donald Trump is having success because he is talking to all Americans and to not any particular group.
Speaker 3: And well absolutely absolutely the anti racist in this political scene of ours is Trump. He is talking to all racists, all people's all America. Opposition. His opposition is trying to single out particular group.
Speaker 1: Apps and they've been doing that to pander. Absolutely, Professor Ellis, thank you, we got a roll. It's the night Cap, thank you, it's the Nightcap. On seven hundred WLW Tuesday, October the twenty ninth, twenty twenty four, Gary Jeff with our next guest, author of the Pfiser Papers, Pfizer's Crimes against Humanity, one of the world's most influential feminists, doctor Naomi Wolfe, who comments on almost everything. And you know, like many of us, there's always we run the risk when we comment on everything, especially supposedly controversial topics and subjects. There's a chance that somebody is going to try and silence this. And I know this has happened for doctor wolf numerous times, especially especially during COVID and what I called the the scamdemic of twenty twenty and Pfiser's involvement in that. And right now we welcome in doctor Naomi wolf How are you good.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks for coming back on the show. This new book is the Pfiser Papers. As I mentioned at the top, Pfizer's Crimes against Humanity. I'll also mention doctor Wolf is the co founder and CEO of Dailyclout dot io, successful civil civic tech company. We'll get into that in just a moment, doctor Wolf. But first and foremost, I Harken back to the end of Dwight D. Eisenhower's presidency when he warned, as he was outgoing against the rise of the military industrial complex, how come no one warned us about the rise of the big pharma hospital industrial complex that we are living under, right, question?
Speaker 6: That is a great question, and in fact his his.
Speaker 5: His warning was prescient.
Speaker 6: But it really fantastasized, didn't it. I mean, these vaccines were actually commissioned by.
Speaker 5: The Department of Defense.
Speaker 6: I gathered from my husband that that's not unusual that the DoD commissions, you know, large government contracts of medicine like that all the time. But it's it could have been impossible in Eisenhower's spirit to foresee how the military industrial complex fantastasized and incorporated a government pharmaceutical complex, or you know, has been out done by a government pharmaceutical complex, because arguably the attack on humanity via Pfizer and Maderna, you know, in concert with global governments and transnational organizations, which again Eisenhewer couldn't have scene kind of out does anyone more?
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, I mean the damage caused by COVID and then the damage caused by the mRNA vaccine that they came out, you know, to allay everyone's fears of this dread disease, which was you know, a manipulated a human manipulated common cold basically and turned into this this killer disease that was going to wipe out the globe if we don't, you know, come up with something fast, doctor Wolfe, I will tell you one of the things, and it's probably the only thing that I saw and regretted in my vote for Donald Trump in twenty twenty was his I don't know, just acquiescence to these people like doctor Fauci and doctor Burke's and the of them who were you know, and this operation warp speed to get this vaccine done quickly and all of that. To me, that was the one thing about the Trump presidency that I detest. So many other things I was a big fan of, And you know your thoughts on.
Speaker 6: That, well, I guess I have a lot of empathy for President Trump actually about that. I was a White House spouse during the clin era, and then I advised the Clinton campaign for reelection and Gore's presidential campaign, so I watched what it's like for what we call the principles right, the president's vice president close up. And you know, how can I put it?
Speaker 7: A president has to rely on his special advisors sometimes, especially with our keen information regarding epidemiology or vaccinology or you know, virology.
Speaker 6: Like he can't know everything, I think, right, and it would kind of cripple a president. He did try to know everything, so he especially with science and medicine.
Speaker 5: You know these This is how our system is supposed to work.
Speaker 6: The special advisors to the president are supposed to give him their best opinion and then you know he's supposed to trust them.
Speaker 5: He couldn't know.
Speaker 6: And we all didn't know till r FP Chuni Road the real Anthony Sauci that the people advising him were grossly conflicted receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars in royalty payments from the very companies that they were tasked with overseeing and regulating. He couldn't know that. Well, you know, the deep dive into the CDC and the FDA. You know, the CDC has a nonprofit side that Bill Gates and other vaccine manufacturers pay into. I mean it's a massive and then you look at the revolving door right the you know the people who run the FDA go on to sit on the boards of the vaccine and pharmaceutical companies and vice versa. So it's a big corrupt mess.
Speaker 5: And he was being told, you know, this is a horrible, deadly pandemic.
Speaker 6: If you don't act in the following way, you know, you're going to kill a lot of people.
Speaker 5: That said, you know, I look back at some of his decisions, and to his credit, he did a lot of the right things.
Speaker 6: For example, he tried to block flights from China when you know where the virus originated.
Speaker 5: He was called a racist. I know, he also right.
Speaker 6: He also rightly said that the decisions of how to handle it was in the hands of the states, which is exactly constitutionally correct. The CDC doesn't have the right to close down our society. The president doesn't have the right to close down our society. These are state by state decisions about how they want to handle a public health you know, crisis, and he was attacked for that. He tried to withdraw from the World Health Organization, which turns out to be the most corrupt driver of the push for lockdowns and forced vacciny and mandates and the rollout of these terrifying, sterilizing, disabling, lethal injections, and you know, he was attacked for that, so his instincts were quite good. But at a certain point, again, you know, he was dealing with a bunch of other things. No president has the time to not listen to his special advisors.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, I absolutely agree with you on that wholeheartedly, doctor Wolf.
Speaker 2: But I would also say that.
Speaker 1: Some of his original instincts about this were correct. You know, he said, you know, I don't think we need to shut down the country. He said, you know, let's give it a little bit of time.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 1: But his initial thing was he thought that it was a hoax. Now, while the virus was real, there were elements of this as we get into the mRNA and Pfizer and the things you point out in the book that were very hoax ish. And you know, why wouldn't they be pulling another hoax on him in an election year?
Speaker 5: Very interesting. I hadn't thought of that.
Speaker 6: But I guess what I would also say, you know, to your overall point, which you know really makes sense, is if all we did was obey our own constitution.
Speaker 5: You can face crises.
Speaker 6: You can face hoaxes, right, you can face whatever history throws at you and you won't go very far astray.
Speaker 5: What I mean is they could have rolled out this horrible.
Speaker 6: Disabling injection that my book and I'm the editor with Amy Kelly. The book was written by thirty two hundred and fifty doctors and scientists who volunteer to be through the Pfizer documents released under court order, and it reveals the greatest crime against humanity ever. But they could have you know, the government could have rolled this out but not mandate it right, and not encourage universities and hospitals to mandate it, and threatened tech companies if they didn't censor people like me who were warning about of early reports of side effects, like all you have to do is obey the constitution, right, you could have had a rampeaching like we've had tuberculosis, we've had cholera, we've had yellow peeper. You know, we don't go back in American history and say, oh, back during tuberculosis or back during cholera, you know, because eight million other things were going on and we had the constitution. So people were dealing with cholera or tuberculosis or typhus, but they were also you know, not shutting down all of America. That never happened before because the constitution says you can't, right, So as a result, we didn't have giant chunks of our history yielded to these much more serious infectious diseases. So yeah, I would just say, like, yes, there was so much lying, as you see in the Pfizer peepers, like, it's not even bad science, it's like satanic science.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: For instance, they hid the bodies of eight dead vaccinated people who died infected with COVID in order to tell the FDA that you were more likely to get hospitalized or die if you were unvaccinated. They had not hidden those deaths, they would have had to report that you're more likely to die or get very sick if you're vaccinated, which is what the.
Speaker 5: Data now show.
Speaker 6: You know, they lost the records of two hundred and thirty four women who got pregnant even you know, with vaccinations, though PISA told them not to, and even though they have only thirty four records. Of those thirty four records, over eighty percent of the women lost their babies. Right, they hid the fact that they knew. In April of twenty twenty one that minors were sustaining heart damage, and they called a press conference at the highest level, including probably the president, to cover it up. Right, They hid and lied, they buried things. They invented new categories like resolved slash resolving to hide the fact that people were still very, very sick with serious adverse events. I mean points is they could have done all of this, but if if we had stuck to our constitution, it would have it would have still hurt people because people would have been lied to. It's still fraud, right and manslaughter, but there wouldn't have been the whole sale catastrophe. We're millions of excess deaths around the world, you know, thousands of excess deaths according to Ed Dowd's analysis of government reports in our own country, a million people a month according to his records, identifying as disabled, and a thirteen to twenty percent drop in live births, which our book that Pfizer pepers explains exactly. You know that that says they say in Tech not above, it's a feature. This injection is designed, clearly from what we found in the Plazure papers, to cause damage to menstruation, which Pfizer guarded thousands tens of thousands of women. They charted their menstrual damage, horrific menstrual damage. They charted the miscarriages. They said that the deaths of babies in utero were due to quote maternal exposure end quote to the vaccine. They sent that report to the White House and too doctor Lensky. Doctor Lensky gave a press conference three days later from the White House saying to American women that there was no bad time to get a COVID injection before your pregnancy, during your pregnancy.
Speaker 5: Or after your baby is born.
Speaker 6: They knew all of this right, So we'd still have a lot of damage, but it wouldn't be as catastrophic if we had just if our leaders and we ourselves had obeyed the constitution.
Speaker 1: And among those who succumbed after getting the vaccine, I'm sure you have seen the reports from embalmers around the country. These these large white blood clots that they'd never seen in cadavers in their patients before.
Speaker 2: These people were all jabbed.
Speaker 1: Ninety percent of placebo recipients by March of twenty twenty one were vaccinated by Pfizer, which means that they eliminated the control group, making impossible, you say, for comparative safety determinations be made about the vaccine itself. This is going back to talk.
Speaker 5: About satantic science.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 6: All of us learn in each grade what a scientific study is A you have a group that gets the act ingredient. You have a group that is a placebo group that is the control. So Pfiser injected the placbo group. They vaccinated the placquot that no one could follow over time if the ones that got injected were sicker than the ones that didn't.
Speaker 5: And you ever heard of that. THEA had all of this.
Speaker 9: The FDA knew about all of it, and they know all about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry to interrupt, No, no, I'm interrupting you. You you've got the information here.
Speaker 5: Well, it's so.
Speaker 6: Important to recognize this isn't a rogue corporation, this is our own Food and Drug Administration. A lot of these secret internal documents say FDA confidential at the bottom. The lawsuit by Attorney Aaron Siri that got these into the public wasn't against Pfiser, it was against the Food and Drug Administration. And a week after our book that Pfiser papers was published, the FDA went back to that judge and asked that judge to stop releasing the documents.
Speaker 5: That's how open and transparent they are.
Speaker 6: So what people should really understand, what I've certainly taken away in my own life and advising my loved ones, especially those were vaccinated, is that you can't trust the FDA to protect you from anything. You can't trust our government. You know, if they say something is safe and effective, you literally cannot know. And you know, case number one is what we reveal in Pfiser papers, because the FDA knew they were killing babies.
Speaker 5: They knew they were.
Speaker 6: Twelve hundred and twenty five deaths in three months. They knew that the adverse events were not what they were telling the world, you know, pain at the injection site, a little fatigues and chills and fever. No, they knew. The adverse events in the Phiser papers were thousands of blood clots, lung clots, le cloths, blood damage of all kinds, heart damage, paracarditis, myocarditis, florid neurological events at industrial scale, epilepsies, strokes, nerve damage. Everyone listening knows people who have tremors now and tremors since the injection.
Speaker 5: We know that Pizer documents revealed how that happened.
Speaker 6: The lipid nanoparticles degrade the milin sheath of the nerves, and they get harder for the nerves to conduct electrical impulses, which is how nerves work. There's so much skin damage, there's eye damage, there's liver damage, there's kidney damage. There's the lipid nanoparticles across the blood brain barrier. People have noticed changes in the personalities and reasoning of their vaccinated loved ones. We now know the mechan it's because these injections caused brain damage essentially and make it harder for people to engage in nuanced reasoning.
Speaker 3: Sorry, go ahead, No, I've just got to tell him.
Speaker 1: We're close to wrapping up here talking with doctor Naomi Wolf, the Pfizer papers, Pfizer's crimes against humanity, and all I got to tell you, doctor Wolf, is I am so glad without all this information being provided by Pfizer or the government or anyone else, that I denied the jab and I never I never took the bait because my BS detector was just going off. It was like four five alarm fire in March of twenty twenty, and I said, no, this is not something that I am going to be involved with. I just you know, whether it was the mask, whether it was the mask mandates, whether it was six feet from somebody, whether it was staying inside your house, whether it was getting the job. I just said no, and because I knew internally without any knowledge, which I knew, And I'm just thankful, I.
Speaker 6: Mean thank god, but for everyone listening who did and for a lot of good reasons. Right, A lot of people did feed their families. A lot of people did it to take care of their families. Right, that's something we're being told.
Speaker 5: Don't kill grandma. I just want to say, like, end on a hopeful note, because this is so depressing.
Speaker 6: You will see from the prize of papers you'll understand more about what was done to you. But you'll also understand more about how to stay healthy. If we've really broken down what these injections do. So you know you, I mean, just wrap up. I tell my loved ones. You know, anti inflammatory diet. You keep your lymphatic system working well, right, whether it's saunas or trampolines or walking or you know, steaming, whatever you can do with that, and you know, don't take any more of these.
Speaker 5: Right, No more flu injections, no more mRNA, nothing right.
Speaker 6: The human body is miraculous, but we have to wake up and and take care of ourselves and each other.
Speaker 1: Doctor, Thank you so much. This is a acious conversation that needed to be had. And good luck with the books. Thank you.
Speaker 10: Bud did my budd trigger treating, And when I got back it, Daddy took my stinker's.
Speaker 11: Mom took the kid cats, Grandpa.
Speaker 9: Took the twicks.
Speaker 10: Grandma to the policy cups. Mela, this candy corn and candy corneious.
Speaker 1: Sucks, handles, keep your hands off of your candy.
Speaker 2: We're the ones who went Dora.
Speaker 10: Door to get this stuff and the last thing we want is there to be luck with us speaking second, Candy.
Speaker 11: Bore a holiday reminder from seven hundred.
Speaker 1: Well, candy corneous sucks. What's the best place to reach new customers for your business wherever they are? And that's exactly where you walker, welcoming you in to the ten o'clock hour on the Tuesday nights a week from election night, which way we will be here live on election night from ten to one with results for you. Are you nervous yet, but right now to talk about one of the candidates for president in the twenty twenty four election. And we're not talking about Donald J. Trump because I already I already like his salads. Let's talk about the word salads of Kamala Harris. And you know that has become a new phrase in this political election season as word salad. People probably never heard that before. And I recommend the grilled chicken with the word salad because then at least there will be something of substance there on your plate. We have with us JT. Young, who has been a political advisor campaign advisor. He's been writing about politics for some thirty years in Washington, d C. JT.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: And first off, how do you keep from becoming a swamp monster yourself after thirty years in Washington, d C.
Speaker 12: I really appreciate you having me on this evening. Gary. I don't know how you do it. I'm just fortunate that it hasn't take and I think living outside of Washington probably helps a little bit a little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the book is there's a new book that JT has written called Unprecedented, a saulteal, a big government unleashed America's socialist left and we'll get into the book here a little bit, but have a thing out in town Hall today, and you're right for town Hall the Federalist. You're all over the place quite often. But the full article is Kamala harris most important and overlooked words salad. And I will tell you, as I was reading through some of this, I got to tell you I was right there with you. I don't know if I was ahead of the curve, but I was right there with you when ask about important issues. Of course, she never answers the question, but she did give a substantive answer in the one interview, and she's said it a couple of different times on fracking, on gun rights, on everything that she has been asked about the economy is her values haven't changed. So to me, that says, okay, you're the same leftist you were in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: In twenty nineteen, you have said.
Speaker 1: That's the only time I feel like Kamala Harris has been honest with the American voters. When she said in that interview, my values have not changed, I would.
Speaker 12: Agree with you. And I don't think she meant to be honest in that. I think you know what she's trying to do in that was to claim that she's changed her positions on fracking, on gender surgeries for inmates, on decriminalizing illegal immigrants, immigration, and other issues. She's trying to claim she's changed those position and then in order to hold her political left, she comes around with that wrap around, which is, but my values haven't changed, which in a very short period is a seemingly small word salad for Kamala Harris to toss, but it's a really important one because if you think about it, how do your positions change if your values haven't changed. I mean, you need to explain that. She refuses to do it. But she keeps laying down that same marker over and over. Just as you mentioned, you will hear this over and over. She'll come back to that, but my values haven't changed.
Speaker 1: Were you impressed when she told America that she was multiple times on the subject to the economy, that she was raised in a middle class neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Were you impressed?
Speaker 12: You know, it's just so, it's so like her. She will just keep going back and back to that, and you'll notice so often that comes up completely out of context. It will have nothing to do with the question that she's being asked, but she'll come back. They're almost like they're little touchstones for her. The same way as the values versus positions is that it almost seems like it's a comfort, a safe place.
Speaker 2: So it's like her, it's like her mental OCD.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think there is a lot of that, you know. She she clearly gets nervous in uh, she gets nervous in public settings. And when she's pressed, and this will often you'll see this that she'll laugh or she will want to make it as though it wasn't a serious question. One of the most famous was her interview when she went down to the southern border, or she hadn't gone with Lester Holt and he interviewed her and she comes off when he pressed her several times about when you're going to go to the southern border. She said she had gone, and he points out, no, no, you didn't. She gets she's very thin skinned. She said, either exactly, it's exactly it, and she'll laugh and she'll then she says, I don't get your point. Well, I mean, the point's very clear. You were saying that you went to the southern border when you hadn't, And he presses her and corrects the record on that. She's then quickly upset and she goes and says, just what you said, Well, I haven't been to Europe either, and she laughs, I don't get your point. Well, the point's very clear. You've been made the borders are you haven't been to the border? People are naturally questioned when you'll go, and she tries to deflect off of it and act like act like you know, there's something funny in her refusal to answer a question.
Speaker 1: It is truly amazing how she continues to dodge every question. I mean, she was being she was pretty successful at the beginning of the nomination if she'd been anointed without winning a single vote in any primary, and the Democrat Party said, okay, well we can't let this cognitive mess known as President forty six Joe Biden to run because it's obvious he's not up to the challenge mentally, and so they just installed her, which was quite Soviet Union style of politicking the Party of Democracy the Democrats. So but she avoided any kind of press dings and her campaign was humming right along.
Speaker 2: And the second that they.
Speaker 1: Were pressed and they had to put her on with Lester Holt or they had to you put her out at any number of interviews she's done in the last couple of weeks, We've seen the result, and the result is not good for the Harris campaign or the Democrats. It has been a total disaster the longer it goes. They thought that they had enough time to hide her, I think, and and then even the biased mainstream media wasn't going to let that happen, So, you know, good for them, they decided to be journalists again the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 12: No, I think you're right, and I think the real key in both of these is where the polls were. And I'll go back to what you were saying about Biden. I'm fully convinced if Biden had been up by as much as he was down to Trump, they would have stayed with him. They would they would have told us all that were crazy, that you're not seeing what you're seeing. They would have stayed. The same applied to Harris doing her interviews if she was never able to open a comfortable margin in the polls and they had to put her out there to try to move the needle. So I don't think they did it because they wanted to. I think they did it out of necessity in both cases, and both of those necessities came out of the poor polling that they had against Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: It's moving the needle, all right, but not in their direction. I don't think I have said no. I have said for a month and a half with no reason to say this, especially with the left's history of subverting our elections with fakes like twenty twenty. Sorry, but I have said for a month and a half that I thought this was going to be one of the biggest landslides in history and managy, and it should well be for Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts on that you got a crystal ball out there, bo.
Speaker 12: Let me polish it a little bit, Gar. I think what we're going to see is it will not be a landslide in the popular vote, but I think the potential is there for the electoral vote. The reason I say it on the popular vote is that Democrats run a surplus in the overall popular vote of about four and a half percent from California and New York alone. Both Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden did it in twenty sixteen. In twenty twenty, I'm guessing that Harris will do you know, within that range. So probably popular vote can't be a landslide, but the electoral vote you were just talking about could be. If she underperforms as she clearly is relative to Biden and the Clinton in the previous two elections. If she underperforms like she's currently underperforming, you could see you could easily see Trump sweeping the seven battel ground states and potentially moving into the second tier states as well, and that would include, you know, potentially Virginia, Minnesota, New Hampshire, even on the out chants New Mexico.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, can you imagine the hue and the cry from the Democrats if they lose Minnesota.
Speaker 12: I saw a poll I think just yesterday which had them up only three points in Minnesota, you know, which is that's margin of error sort of thing.
Speaker 2: And their governor's the vice presidential candidate, right, that guy.
Speaker 12: And they have and to your point, Minnesota has every incentive to make him vice president and get him out of Minnesota.
Speaker 2: So you're right, you're right about that.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 1: President Trump had the huge rally at Madison Square Garden over the weekend on Sunday, and I saw it. It was it was electric. I can't imagine what it would have been like to be in that arena while that was happening, with all the star power and with President Trump's strong positive message that he conveyed to those and how how well it was received. And you mentioned California and New York. Is there is there any thinking within the Trump campaign do you believe that they think that maybe outside of New York City they could take the state.
Speaker 12: I would not be surprised outside of New York City, in fact, from having lived in New York State for you know, a while in upstate New York. The rest of New York has very little relation to New York City and performs much more like a Atlantic or rust belt state. It's completely different. And so to your point, it would not surprise me at all if he beats her everywhere but New York City. In fact, you see this sort of thing in so many states. Illinois. You know, if you took away Chicago, Republicans would run Illinois. If you took away New York City, Republicans would run New York State.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I mean, I don't even know that. There's a whole lot of love for Kamala Harris and New York City. From what I've seen recently, you know.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 12: Obviously you know, they are feeling the illegal immigrant crisis on a daily basis. There. All you have to do is read, read the papers that are willing to cover it, and you will see it all right.
Speaker 2: Talking to JT.
Speaker 1: Young on the Nightcap here on seven hundred W l W and JT tell me about the unprecedented assault, how big government unleashed America's socialists left, and the points you make in the book.
Speaker 12: Well, I really appreciate that.
Speaker 11: Gary.
Speaker 12: The book just came out today was its release day, and I appreciate you bringing it up. It came out of I think the same questions that you have and so many of your listeners probably have, which is, how do you have a defund the police movement? How do you have a radical DEI movement that puts quota's overqualifications, an extremist environmental agenda, an open border policy. And the more I looked at these and thought with each one, you think, oh, this is an aberration, this can't be real. The more you looked at it, the more you saw in it the socialist left handiwork. And that brought me back to an age old question that has always been asked about America, which is how is there no socialism in America? Which was our history from the beginning of our country until well into this century. And I turned the question on the heads, which was how is there socialism now? And so the book is really meant as an explanation as to how the socialist left has now the ability to move into political I don't want to say mainstream, but into the political consciousness of America for the first time in our history.
Speaker 1: Well, and here's the thing, JT is that big government is exactly what socialism is. And my friend says, you know, bigger is better, but not necessarily in government. He said, we don't have big government. We have obese government, and we do and that breeds socialism and ultimately Marxism. Every time the government becomes bigger and becomes more more centralized and more controlling of everyone's lives, we need I mean, there needs to be a giant axe taken to Washington, d C. To these agencies and these departments. God, I hope Donald Trump can fix that with a slashing of regulation. And listen, wouldn't you like to see, for example, the Department of Education ended immediately upon Trump taking office the Department of Energy too. We can do without both of those bureaucracies, and they are only their big government issued socialist type of agencies that are not necessary to a constitutional republic like the United States of America.
Speaker 2: Do you agree or not?
Speaker 12: What I'd love to see from both of those agencies is a thorough review within their where are the regulations that are inhibiting the things that allow the sectors that we're supposed to oversee succeed. In the case of education, how do we promote school choice? You see it on a state by state basis, and you see this movement going, which is something conservatives should embrace, which is from the supply side, we need competition and on the demand side, we need choice, and that is school choice. In the Department of Energy, how do we start to fully develop all of America's resources and we don't have a better clean energy source than natural gas? What are we doing that promotes this? What can we do that they're prohibiting.
Speaker 1: This and we have trillions of cubic gallons of it right under our feet in America and Trump has made that very clear.
Speaker 12: I mean, we have it here. Any other country that had what we have is laughing at us right now, thinking, how at the world could you be sitting on an asset of such a magnitude that would create jobs here, That if you had it and we're developing it to its absolute fullest potential, would also help you geopolitically, because Europe would love to buy as much as we can get. We would give them a secure source. It would help our balance of trade, It would create jobs here, it would secure our alliances. They would not be dependent on insecure oil. Oil and gas that's coming and we all know where it used to be from Russia. It's such so obvious, and yet we don't do on it.
Speaker 1: Kamala Harris, it's the word salads and JT. Young, the author of Unprecedented Assault, how big government unleashed America's socialists left, enjoyed the conversation, JT.
Speaker 2: And hopefully we can do it again soon.
Speaker 12: I hope so too, Gary, And have a good evening.
Speaker 1: Hey you too, and maybe we'll do it in a free America with Donald Trump as president.
Speaker 12: Let's talk after the election, all right, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. It's the nightcap and it continues in moments on seven hundred WLW. America's cheeseburgers, pickup trucks, and rock and roll.
Speaker 2: Don't forget mac and cheese. Nothing more American than mac and cheese.
Speaker 5: Bill Cunningham is more American than mac and cheese.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but I'm not gonna eat Willy.
Speaker 9: It would be incredibly rude to eat Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 1: Plus he's so tough, I doubt he would taste very good.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying it's much better to listen to Willie than to eat Willy.
Speaker 11: Bill Cunningham tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred l W.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's scary.
Speaker 9: Are the spot your pet just left on the carpet or the idea of you cleaning it up?
Speaker 1: Good thing? You can call my buddies and say no. Over the past month or so, although the world has known about him for a long time, I guess I crawled out of my rock finally and met Michael Levine, one of America's leading media experts, a best selling author, founder of Boundless Media USA, one of the country's most prominent PR firms. He's represented fifty eight Academy Award winners, thirty six Grammy Award winners sixty one New York Times best sellers. So we know star power when he sees it, I would think, and today it's true. Among this true, among other things, we are talking about the star power that Elon Musk has brought to President Trump's campaign, and we saw that in full flagrante again over the weekend Sunday at Madison Square Garden where Elon was just a part of the cavalcade of stars that President Trump brought up to speak on his behalf and the what is meant for the Trump campaign? And we'll probably get into some other things as well while we're at it. He's author of the best selling book Broken Windows, Broken Business. Now that's going back, that's going back aways, Michael, that particular book, what was that?
Speaker 2: What was that particular book about?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 11: Broken Windows? Broken Business is a book.
Speaker 4: It's a business book, and it's predicated on the broken windows theory of criminology, which simply says that if you go into a neighborhood and you see some graffiti or a broken window and the authorities don't repair it quickly, meaning within say seventy two hours, it sends a signal to the neighbors to the tourist to the business owners that the bad guys are in charge, and further in greater crime ensues. And so I took that theory and moved it into business and said, if you go into a restaurant, you go into their bathroom, it's a bit dirty. You start to think, well, maybe the kitchen isn't too clean, and so forth and so on. Little details matter a lot in business, and Broken Windows has been an international bestseller.
Speaker 11: Now, well, you can't believe I'm going to say this for eighteen years.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: What are the broken windows and broken businesses in a city like San Francisco? Say, since you're a California resident.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think our friends, my friends in San Francisco are too pleased with me right now, No, because that is a city once one of the most beautiful cities in the world, I think, and now a below a third world nation.
Speaker 11: It is actually below a third world nation. I mean, the third world nations do not have.
Speaker 3: It's.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's so tragic. And then, of course I could do if I wanted to with you. Yeah, San Francisco, we got Okay, that's horrible, horrible. Who would have ever thought San Francisco would be basically a.
Speaker 12: No go zone.
Speaker 11: Okay, yeah, yeah, yes, sir, yes sir.
Speaker 4: Then we go, of course to Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Atlanta.
Speaker 11: Should I continue?
Speaker 2: I think you're on the right track. I mean, you miss you miss Baltimore.
Speaker 1: But outside of the crab cakes, there's no reason to go to Baltimore outside of the crab cakes. But go ahead, well yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, first of all, you should go to none of these cities without without a shotgun. It's really quite something and horrible thought.
Speaker 4: I just can't imagine how we could have allowed ourselves to permit this, and yet we did, and yet we did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's still continuing in some of those places that it's full on, and yet the voters keep on voting for the same people that put.
Speaker 4: That is correct, that it's there must be some psychological explanation, like almost like a death wish, almost a suicide urge, because at this point in the story, to not recognize, listen, I would vote, if I would recommend that whichever party brought this decay to your city, these cities, major urban areas, and that is with all respect. I say, this is a political independent. It's one party and one party only. It's the Democratic Party. Dear friends, facts are stubborn things.
Speaker 11: Now, if if I were voting in that city, I would vote for anything. I would vote for my pet.
Speaker 4: Then another Democrat who is going to continue policies maybe well intentioned.
Speaker 11: They may well be well intentioned.
Speaker 4: But they're policies that are miserable failures, that are bringing about decay that is literally unprecedented in our American experiment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and it's just it is me.
Speaker 1: I like the analogy of maybe these voters have some court of sort of a death wish.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe it's a it's a it's a psychological conundrum.
Speaker 11: I don't understand it.
Speaker 8: It's I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. Michael. Let's talk about your latest piece about it about the power of Elon Musk in this election and how it affects the vote. We are one week away from election night and voting is already ongoing. How much does Elon Musk move the needle you think in this particular campaign for Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: On a scale of zero to ten, it's my opinion that Elon Musk is a twelve. Wow, Now why do I say that. Let's let's calm down a minute here and say.
Speaker 1: Why do I say that?
Speaker 4: Well, because, whether you like or hate Elon Musk, everyone recognizes any fair person that he's a genius. He is a genius, that he's accomplished things that no reasonable person could have ever.
Speaker 11: Imagined, and then some. And so when he comes out.
Speaker 4: And endorses Donald Trump as emphatically as he has, I don't know.
Speaker 11: I don't know of any living person in the world who you could get to compete with that.
Speaker 4: Elon Musk is in a category, unto himself, arguably bigger and more impactful than Steve Jobs.
Speaker 11: I never thought I'd say that in my life, but yet I did.
Speaker 4: Maybe the greatest capitalist for creative force, creat a business force in the history of the world.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's let's compare it.
Speaker 1: Let's compare and contrast Elon Musk, Michael with some of Kamal Ahead Paris is surrogates, so big, big power, political.
Speaker 13: Power beyond Yeah, George Clooney, Taylor Swift, Springsteen, Taylor Swift, these are very, very, very big celebrity names.
Speaker 4: But the question becomes, do they have the credibility that will make your life better.
Speaker 11: Taylor Swift's life is fine, Darling.
Speaker 3: You have to trust me on that.
Speaker 11: Taylor George Clooney's life is fine.
Speaker 4: I'm worried about missus mcgillicutty's life. Who lives in Detroit or Chicago or Baltimore, San Francisco, or Portland or Seattle or Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: I actually know missus McGillicutty. She's doing okay, but her husband had a great life insurance policy.
Speaker 11: She does, she's not. Let me tell you something different, and we may differ on this. She is not doing okay.
Speaker 1: He's not.
Speaker 11: If she's living she's not. If she's living in those cities, right, andalties are not doing okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we will go back to the beginning of our conversation.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Yeah, and America is not doing okay if you believe that living in a nation called the United States of America, in which we are now ranked, I believe thirtieth.
Speaker 11: In the world's public education systems. Thirtieth. Wow, we are below.
Speaker 4: Listen to this, brother, we are ranked. Currently, the United States of America's public education system is ranked below Vietnam and for those of us of a certain age. I remember bombing Vietnam back into the Stone Age, right.
Speaker 1: Right, and it's they're ranked above and it's a communist nation.
Speaker 2: It's a communist nation.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: In America, the thing that needs to happen in our public education is number one. We need to get government more and more out of public education in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Correct and correct. We also need school.
Speaker 1: Choice and competition so parents can be there's their own tax dollars to put their children where they feel like they're being taught the real lessons that are needed and that they values that these parents espouse.
Speaker 4: What can I give you a couple of other recommendations for restoring American education?
Speaker 11: These are pretty simple fixes.
Speaker 1: Let's try these out.
Speaker 8: Ready to go.
Speaker 4: Number one, starting tomorrow, from kindergarten to twelfth grade, there will be school uniforms. Oh okay, starting tomorrow, no more cut off T shirts and holy.
Speaker 11: This and and jeans and see through top.
Speaker 8: No no, no, no, no no no. We're going to have school uniforms.
Speaker 11: Kindergarten to twelfth grade.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's right.
Speaker 4: Number two, every child in America from kindergarten to twelfth grade will be either asked to stand for the Pledge of allegiance or or if you choose not to stand, you can leave the classroom, you can leave, you can stand outside in a gym or something. But we will have a pledge of allegiance starting tomorrow in America, and I promise you those two things would have enormous impact on the culture, on the mindset of American education.
Speaker 11: So the union they cost the.
Speaker 2: Uniform are because.
Speaker 4: Because God sees the inside and humans see the outside, if you dress like a thug, you.
Speaker 11: Will be treated like a thug.
Speaker 4: You may be the sweetest person in the world, the most heavenly kind, moral person in the world, but if you dress like a thug, you're going to be treated like a thug. If you dress like a loser, you're going to be treated like a loser. As school uniform answers that question completely and totally.
Speaker 2: So everybody's the same.
Speaker 10: I E.
Speaker 1: Uniform And yes, you're not focused on fashion. You're focused on till.
Speaker 4: I want you focused on one thing, education, not in doctrination, Education not indoctrination.
Speaker 1: Well, we have a whole lot of doctrination going on right now in our public schools. Your c RT and other these woke policies, the social engineering and.
Speaker 4: DEI Diversity Equity Inclusion, a very lovely sounding, poetic sounding movement, right, d EI Diversity Edge Equity Inclusion.
Speaker 11: Who could be opposed to that? I don't sound so good, but.
Speaker 4: In fact it's nothing more than gift raptor disguised racism.
Speaker 2: And and it guarantees mediocrity.
Speaker 11: Oh, you're being kind, you're being kind, mediocrity. I wish it it produced mediocrity.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now, as Wilson friends, we've got big, big, big, big problems. And if you want to believe certain gas lighting statements by others.
Speaker 11: Everything's great and doestic wonderful. By the way, do you remember all that a few months ago, just a few months.
Speaker 4: Ago, everybody, including Vice President Harris, Oh, Joe Biden's great, never been better, everything's great, never been sharper right?
Speaker 11: Really really? How gas lighting America? How the love of the Lord?
Speaker 1: How can anyone who is that close to that man after what we've seen publicly deny his cognitive abilities?
Speaker 4: Have There's only there's only two explanations. Okay, you're either corrupt or you're stupid. You're either corrupt. You you know that it will benefit you to lie, So you're that would be corrupt or you're stupid. Now, since I don't think miss Harris is brilliant, but I certainly don't think she's stupid.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, friend, I choose to be generous in my assessments people. And look, a bright ten year old, a bright ten year old should have been able to figure out Daddy, that man is not well. And if you're trying to tell me that Kamala Harris did not know, did not recognize, did not see that. The chief of staff didn't know, none of the aides knew. The Vice president, the Secretary of State didn't know.
Speaker 8: Really, and you want me to believe this, Billy, this is fascinating.
Speaker 1: Well, Michael, I tell you what, give me, Give me one more minute on Elon Musk where we started this conversation.
Speaker 2: Tell me, tell me well, his health.
Speaker 11: He is unique, He's unique.
Speaker 4: And for him to come out with this level of passion, with this level of intensity, with this level of risk, Frankly, remember, if Donald Trump doesn't win, Elon Musk remains in business and the Democrats will be out for him as.
Speaker 11: A target number one.
Speaker 4: And we know their record on targeting people when they when they choose.
Speaker 11: So, Uh, he's taken a all in bold.
Speaker 4: Gamble and I think it's tremendously impactful, powerful.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 11: For the momentum.
Speaker 14: If you said, if I said to you today or to your listeners, any listener, who do you believe in the last two weeks, over the last two weeks till today has the momentum.
Speaker 4: Not who's winning, not who's going to be better, not who's smarter, not who's more attractive, more joy filled, but who has the momentum over the last two weeks, I'd say, Well, I'm you know, obviously I'm not I'm not sure.
Speaker 11: But if you're asking me.
Speaker 4: Intuitively, who has the momentum, I would say Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's any question. Michael Levine, thank you so much. And you know, Elon Musk didn't have to do this, just like Donald Trump, he did not have to run for president.
Speaker 12: Again, he didn't.
Speaker 11: That is correct, correct, that is accurate.
Speaker 1: And you're talking about Harry talking about how bold this was for him to come out there knowing that if Trump loses, he could be in the the sights of the Democrats for the rest of his life. Could be, will be, will be Yes, Michael Levine, Thank you, sir, great bless God, bless you. Take care Andy Furman coming up in just a little bit. As we continue on this nightcap on seven hundred, WLW feeds it down the side into the final hour of the nightcap. Here at the top of this eleven o'clock hour, it is time to turn to a place that we often turn to when we have questions, when we have concerns, when we want to know about the important things, the truly important things, you know, that matter to most Americans, like sports. And when we talk about sports and we have questions and we have concerns that we need answered and addressed, we often go to our next guest. As we start this hour of the nightcap, please welcome back to our Era waves, the one and only fur Ball, Andy Furman. Good evening.
Speaker 8: Thank you you read it just the way I wrote it. Thank you so very much. You're a good man. I don't care. I don't care what Scott Reinhart says you are a good man.
Speaker 2: I mean, he hasn't talked to me in months, so.
Speaker 8: Well, you want to know why I don't want to go into that. I don't want to bring it up. All right, there's a reason why.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Scott, I have a wonderful relation.
Speaker 8: He is the he is as long as you think so boss.
Speaker 1: As he is the boss, I am the employee, and he treats me with fairness and respect. And that's all I ask.
Speaker 8: Andy, And I'll tell you what. I'm just glad you're here because you have a tendency of not being able to read the cock correctly. But that's another story.
Speaker 1: Read what correctly?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm turtally ready. I want on Friday, I believe it was, and you were like late.
Speaker 11: I mean, come on, really, well it was Thursday, Yeah, you were working.
Speaker 8: You forgot you got to work that day.
Speaker 1: It was Thursday. I was filling in for Sloan and it slipped through the crow act. You know what I do?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Two thousand straight performances on time and I'm I miss one and all of a sudden, I'm a slacker?
Speaker 12: Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying? You're trying to.
Speaker 8: Okay, wait, it's always what have you done for me lately? Just like Aaron Judge in the post, I was going.
Speaker 1: To say, my average has been a lot better than Aaron Judges over the past.
Speaker 8: His paychecks and a lot bigger than yours.
Speaker 1: So you know, even probably other things on him that are a lot bigger than mine, too, Andy, But I don't want to talk.
Speaker 2: About that either.
Speaker 8: I'm not going to leave that with Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Why can't Aaron Judge shine under the biggest spotlight in the sport? I mean, this is not the only World Series where he has been somewhat missing and deficient up to this point.
Speaker 8: You know, you're exactly right. I think there are several athletes you need, a lot of athletes really that could not handle pressure under the big life. One of them, in particular, I think it's Lamar Jackson. But when m VP and m VP and m VP, but when it comes to like the big playoffso perhaps even trying to get to the super Bowl, he cringes, and look, I get it. Sometimes as to play here or play there, can't get it done. But Aaron Judge has been very consistent of being very inconsistent in the.
Speaker 2: Postseason indeed to this point, I mean, right.
Speaker 8: Which is not taking away anything about his stardom. He's a tremendous player, really, he really is. But you know, really and truly he carries the Yankees and so much that on his back. If it wasn't for Wan Soto, they wouldn't even be in the postseason right now, in the World Series. But honestly, you know, if you're a Yankee fan, you got to be somewhat frustrated and down, you know, going into tonight three in the three Zip and no team is going to come back.
Speaker 2: I figured that.
Speaker 1: That maybe you, originally being from Brooklyn, would be rooting for the Dodgers anyway, Andy.
Speaker 8: Of course, Oh sure, well, yeah, the Kofax you see, Yes, of course, yes, So, I mean I love the Dodgers. I mean, it was the time of my life. I was a little bitter the way they packed up and left. But you know, sometimes you have to go to greeted pastures. And you know, the people of Brooklyn, in particular, some of the politicians didn't want to build in the stadium where they wanted it in downtown Brooklyn, where eventually Barclay Center with the Nets play. That's basically where the Dodgers wanted to have a stadium. So I think Brooklyn's probably better served anyway with basketball. Is the city gained in baseball, So everything works out everything happens for a reason.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, anything other than Aaron Judges World Series impotence that you wanted to talk about tonight.
Speaker 8: Well, the impotence of our own Cincinnati Bengals. I don't get it, you know, I honestly think that people in this city have to back off a little bit and stopped talking about worrying about the expectations of this team. Really, I mean, prior to the season, it was like Super Bowl or bust.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 8: Right now it's playoffs for a bust, and it looks like it's going to be busted. Really, I mean, I get it. I mean you're excited, you're happy, you're looking forward to the season. But let's face it. I mean, honestly, I mean the roster looks pretty good. There's something missing, and look, I'll say you what the missing the missing links are. They don't have a running game, and the defense thinks bingo. That's basically it.
Speaker 2: Why don't you.
Speaker 1: Lay the blame where it always goes on NFL coaches who do not rise to the occasion and rally their teams together for wins. I just see no life at all in this Zach Taylor world. For the Bengals to do anything. They got to the Super Bowl once. That was on the back of Joe Burrow, by the way, and they're never going to see it again as long as that man is in charge on the sidelines either offensively.
Speaker 8: I want to back off. I want to give Zach Taylor some credit, all right, went to the Super Bowl. He's won several playoff games, which basically his criticism Marvel Lewis was owing seven in the playoffs. So basically he's accompassed more than Marvin Lewis has done. Whatever that means, I don't know, but he's done well.
Speaker 1: Right, So it's time. It's time for a next level coach. While Burrow still has some career left and Jamar Chase is going to be signed with a big contract, perhaps at the end of this year, and maybe that doesn't happen depending on what the Bengals final season record is this season, Andy, I mean, Marvin Lewis got him to a certain place with the players he had. Zach Taylor has got them to a certain place once with the players they have, and maybe it's time for somebody else to take them to that next level. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 8: I will say this, This team was built on the offensive side of the football. I think you have to have balance to win in the National Football League. Well, I mean by balance you have to have a good running game balancing out with a passing game. This game was built the choke bow and T Higgins and Jamar Chase and the bottom line, once they were gonna win games like for a score of forty one to thirty eight and shootouts, they know the defense was going to be bad.
Speaker 11: T Higgins has been down.
Speaker 8: I would venture to say that if T. Higgins was healthy on Sunday, they probably would have won. They probably would have won that game. Now forget the term money back, because he ain't anything but money this year. I don't know what happened to his leg. Maybe he's got gout. I don't know what the hell's wrong with him. But the point is you can't, no, really, you can't count on him anymore. But I'll say this, there are certain coaches that when they're dismissed from one team, you really kind of hope they don't go in the same division as you will play against you. For example, Vic Fangio, the defensive coordinator of the Eagles, tremendous, tremendous coach, and he really adapted defensively against the Bengals on Sunday. Bengals in the third quarter, I think it was, they went third and one twice and they couldn't make it for a first down third and one and then fourth and one that they missed twice. I mean, these are unbelievable situations that shouldn't happen in the National Football League. If you look statistically, teams that are three third down and won to go no matter where they're at in the field, eighty five percent of the time they make it. They didn't make it. So the play calling is questionable right there, to say the least. But the running game is non existent. And that's the problem. And I remember way back in July when the Bengals had their preseason lunch. I went to that lunch and I is point blank to Zach Taylor, you know what about the loss of your running back who is now in Houston, right, Joe Mixon, exactly to affect this ball. Go oh, we'll be fine, you know, we'll be fine in the run game. That's what he told me. All right, and far be it for me, you know, do not believe it because the next play that I call, the next game I coached in the National Football they would go on first. So I believed it. But you know what it wasn't you. He's been mixed, he's been missed. Joe Mixon has been missed. There's no running game. And again, I hate to be long winded here, but I'll go one more example. When the Philadelphia Eagles parted ways with Andy Reid, Andy Reid found the new life in Kansas City. I'm also certain Kansas City would be successful.
Speaker 11: Without Andy Reid.
Speaker 8: You Patrick, European Kids City fans, Patrick Mahlmes is very creative thanks to Andy Reid. There's no doubt about that. Remember one thing a Texas Tech. They were a losing team in record when he played at Texas Tech. So Andy Reid brought the I guess the best out of them if you will. And he's done that over the years with quarterbacks Donovan Nab in Philadelphia, he was there. He was there. So when you're losing Andy Reid and he goes to another team, he brings a lot with them. I'm not so certain if the Bengals lose Zach Taylor, he's going to bring a lot to another team if in fact, he either gets a job with another team.
Speaker 1: I love it when you're long winded because it proves that you're you're breathing fine, and that's nice.
Speaker 8: I'm taking a rest now.
Speaker 1: You don't have to push a mirror under your nose to make sure you're still alive.
Speaker 8: You know, if no, I get really frustrated with this situation. I really did, because you know, it's the same old, same old every year in this town. And I'm not upset with the players as much. They're getting their big paid chips, and honestly, I don't think they should. Because I watched that game in the fourth quarter, I can honestly say it looked like they quit. I feel bad for the fans that are lining up. I've heard the promotions on the radio during the games. On radio. You know, it's one hundred dollars deposit to get online, get on the get on the list for season tickets. That list is going to disappear real soon, it's going to disappear. We've seen it. Five years ago. They were obtably thirty thousand a game. Really, you know, it happens.
Speaker 2: The list isn't going to disappear.
Speaker 1: The list is just going to get longer as they try to encourage people to come back for a subpar product. And and you talk about coaches going to another team, Boy, Brian Callahan's really helped the Tennessee Titans this year, Andy, and he was part of Zach Taylor's coaching squad.
Speaker 8: Well, I will say this, I would say that give give Callahan another year or two. I mean, he's got nothing to work with. He really doesn't. He's had no cornerback over there. I mean, you know, really, I mean, you give him a break. I mean, so to give him the first is going to be a learning experience.
Speaker 1: The Bengals coaching tree right now is it's like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree on the Christmas Special. That's that's what it is. It's it's pathetic. It can't even hold an ornament. And Zach Taylor is the head of that coaching staff. So you tell me where that is, huh.
Speaker 8: I will compliment the Bengals and what they have done everything off the football field, the Ring of Honor, the promotions of the excitement they've brought, you know, with the fans and the fan relationships, the social media everything that they have done is really great off the field. But you know what that means, Diddley, if you don't win.
Speaker 11: And all cares.
Speaker 8: It's all about winning in sports right now. I remember as a kid, I'd go to the Yankee Games as a kiddy Yankee seam and they did win, but I didn't care if they won or lost. I probably even know what their record was. I was just so excited to go. I don't think right now is the same. I think the mindset now is I want to go, and I want to see a good product. Why I'm paying good, hard earned money to see this, and I've better be good. It better be worth my while to spend my time and my hard earned money to see him play. I think that's the mindset now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it ain't. It ain't cheap.
Speaker 1: Uh So, I wanted to ask you about some burgeoning controversy in some quarters over this the Hall of Fame quarterback Tom Prady, who has become now a color commentator on the NFL games, living his best life making millions of dollars for sitting in a booth instead of taking sacks and running for his life and throwing touchdown passes and winning Super bowls, but in taking a break in the booth, he got in trouble for apparently using what was called by some an ablest slur. I'd never heard of an ablest slur before, but this was in reference to his comment about Josh Allen, the quarterback of the Buffalo Bills, where he said, yeah, Josh Allen used to be a spaz but he so the word spaz is a slur. Uh Number one. I know lots of people that are are a spaz like and that doesn't mean they've got a disability. But the writer, whoever, whoever struck this out in the latest woke word salad cancel culture in which we live thought that spaz was a slur and he was shocked to Tom Brady used that on live television.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts, Sandy first, too.
Speaker 8: Long to say, Hey, Tom, welcome to the wonderful world of media.
Speaker 12: I love it.
Speaker 8: I love it. He's part of the group, he's part of our club. You've been chastised. I've been chastised bit DoD be for out of the throughout of the ring at times. Okay, so welcome to that. Because everybody's got their eyes on you. Everybody wants to say I got you, I got you. What he did say is sometimes he played like a spaz, like a great schooler on a sugar high. But now he's controlled the chaos. Okay, and all of a sudden now by saying that Tom Brady has created his own chaos by people who just don't have a life they really don't have. First of all, I want to say this. If the word is poorer and the word is bad, I want to know about it.
Speaker 11: Make up a book.
Speaker 8: Give me a book with people with things I can't say. Certainly, I know the obvious you can't say, right, the seven gifted words that you can't say what, But give give me a list of words I can't say, so I won't say them. But don't don't go out there and just slop me around. Therefore, I say something which I don't even think is that bad people got to just take a breath and step back a little bit. And what's going on.
Speaker 1: This is what we get when we allow people in the society to dictate societal norms. When they're criticizing or canceling people for using the wrong pronouns with somebody. I mean, this is the world in which we live, and I think if I were Tom Brady, I would said, hey, you know what, screw you? I would I don't know if i'd say that, but I would say, you know what. I didn't mean it in any kind of slur type meaning, I didn't think that I was de writing or or you know, saying bad things about disabled people, because it had nothing to do with disabled people. He said that Josh Allen's Josh Allen has exhibited spastic behavior like a spaz in the past, a kid on a sugar high, as he went on to describe on the air, and there's nothing wrong with that. I mean, maybe Josh Allen might have an issue with it, but nobody listening to that should have had an issue.
Speaker 8: People who complain about this have no idea what the word means. It should if the spastic, which really means clumsy, stupid, or perhaps losing physical or emotional control. And basically that's what the quarterback probably did at that time. You know, in some circles it's used to describe medical conditions. It really is, so back off, leave them alone. I'm not hit the defense on Brady, but I'm defending what he had said because I don't think it's that big. I think these people with the word police got to get a life. They really get a life. The people that let lipers. That's the problem with this country right now. Everybody's on everybody's rear end. How do you like that they're on their rear end? I was gonna say the word as says, but I'm afraid the word police are gonna my Assai.
Speaker 2: Andy, you're you're a white man of a certain age. You don't have an ass.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You can't spell.
Speaker 1: You can't spell Furman without a few folks, it's Andy Furman on the Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Thank you again, my friend?
Speaker 12: Do you.
Speaker 1: King Wile in the Intregent Forest?
Speaker 15: Eddie and Rocky, Hey, you're walking the wrong way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can't do our show today. Something came up.
Speaker 3: Butt.
Speaker 15: Your millions of loyal fans are counting on you to entertain them after a long argus day.
Speaker 1: Dude, We've got front road tickets to see Little Red right all new review. You're disappointing your fans for some kiddie show. She's no kiddy. Just look at her flyer. Whoa got an extra ticket?
Speaker 2: Eddie and rock tomorrow afternoon at three on seven.
Speaker 1: Hundred WLW in Today's Marketers Report, Erica Taylor, chief marketing officer of Jenintech. Joe Nutsall Territory that would be home to wrap things up tonight. It was such a great chance to talk about Peter Bronson's new book. I thought we would re air yesterday morning's interview from the Scott Sloan Show, Part one with Peter Bronson about his new book, So here you go. We start with one of my favorite guests all time. He was He was an editor and a columnist for the Cincinnati Inquirer for years, the Tucson Citizen before that, and then he formed Chili Dog Press, and through that outlet he has written and published great books about local history, including not in Our Town, as I like to say, from organized Crime and Forbidden Fruit to organized Crime. Yeah, yeah, that's a good way to put it. In Not in Our Town, the Man who Saved Cincinnati, about the Civil War. It's our conversation with Peter Bronson. How you doing.
Speaker 16: I'm here and I'm glad to be here with you, Gary Jeff. We always have a good time.
Speaker 1: New book is Promised Land, How the Midwest was One, and it's talking about everything right here in the Cincinnati area. In its very origins, the beginnings of the founding of you know, towns and absolutely settlements.
Speaker 16: Very first people who moved to Cincinnati when this was a danger zone unlike any other called the Miami Slaughterhouse because of the attacks by the Shawnee and Miamia Indian tribes were so vicious and so brutal. These people risked everything to come and settle Cincinnati, and their lives were unbelievable.
Speaker 1: They were some fantastic people. So you're telling me that the indigenous peoples who inhabited this particular piece of the continent at the time were not necessarily peaceful, fellow human being, loving kind of folks. That you know that the Indian may have had a tear in his eye, but that's maybe just blood spattered from the person that he just took care of. These wonderful, conserving and thoughtful human beings who were run over by the white settler.
Speaker 16: Those people, they were very brutal, not only to the settlers, but they had been brutal to each other for centuries before that. Yes, and you have to also throw in the wild card here, which is that the British were in citing a lot of this violence because they had lost the Revolutionary War and they were not happy about that. So at their ford in Detroit, they paid the Indians one hundred dollars for live hostages and fifty dollars for each scalp. So they were just a lot like terrorism today. They were incentivizing these terrorists, these Indians, to go ahead and take scalps as many as they could get and hostages, especially women and children. So it's the same thing as say George Soros using uninformed college students as a foil. Yeah, or the way that suicide bombers in the Middle East are paid by Hamas and these other terrorist organizations ISAs same thing. Only this goes all the way back to the seventeen eighties and seventeen nineties. And I was really fascinated by the research because I always knew about the scalping. I always knew that it was dangerous, I had no idea how dangerous, how many people were taken, tortured, killed, and the degree of violence, the barbarity of it is really breathtaking. Now, there were there was violence on both sides. A lot of the whites also scalped because but.
Speaker 1: There were also very fine people on both sides, right, people, I don't know.
Speaker 16: I don't know if I'd go that far. There were, no doubt, some good people on both sides. But what the thing is, the white people did scalp Indians, but they did not win in Rome. Yes, they did not take captives and torture them for days at a time. That's what really separated this is that the ritual torture of their captives became a big entertainment for the tribes, where the whole tribe would turn out and enjoy this and participate.
Speaker 9: That kind of thing is really shocking.
Speaker 1: You'll see the occasional historical marker in northern Kentucky and around Greater Cincinnati. I think the one in Newport says founded in it's seventeen eighty eight ers.
Speaker 16: Yes, yeah, Northern Kentucky was settled first, right, And that's because the Ohio River marked the boundary at which the Shawnee and Miami said you shall not enter or enter at your own risk because that was their territory. Kentucky was considered a neutral kind of honting ground that was shared by all the tribes. So although they they called him depredations, which were the attacks they had as many depredations in some ways more in northern Kentucky and as far south as Lexington when Boone and Simon Kenton settled Kentucky and blazed that path. But it was the Revolutionary War veterans who came to Ohio and they were first to step on the northern bank and set up what they called station which were forts like Fort Washington. And they were the first ones to do that, and boy did they pay a price. We know that Cincinnati was.
Speaker 1: A spot during our Civil War, yes, where slaves could come across from slave territory to free territory, the Front Dard to Freedom Front, Order Freedom, And you've written about that extensively in the past. But in this book and Promised Land How the Midwest was Won by Peter Bronson, you talk about a national conspiracy to create a slave empire was born in Cincinnati. This is a fantastic chapter.
Speaker 16: It was a guy named George Washington Bickley, and he founded an organization called the Knights of the Golden Circle. Now I only touched on that in The Man who Saved Cincinnati and mentioned it, but I was fascinated by it, so I dug deeper. And this was a tremendously large organization. They had chapters in Illinois, Indiana, New York City, New York, State of New York, California, Texas, all throughout the South, and their chapters could have as many as ten thousand people in these states.
Speaker 1: Ohio had a huge chapter.
Speaker 16: Cincinnati was well represented in the Knights of the Golden Circle. And it was a secret society whose goal it was to create a slave empire that would encompass all the southern states of the Confederacy and then extend into Central and South America and Cuba.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 16: And this slave empire was meant to be as prosperous and powerful as North America, so that they would set up a country, a region that would rival the North and have as much political power and military power so they could protect their slave empire. And it was it was quite a conspiracy. They also plotted to kill Abraham Lincoln. Well, I mean that's probably not surprising, you know. In the same respect, while it is almost unconstonable to think of the two attempts be they failed on President Trump during this campaign, that very much mirrors, I think the sentiments of a divided nation that we were facing in eighteen sixty with the election of Abraham Lincoln, and it gives me worry and gives me pause to think about what the other side is going to do should Donald Trump win the election next week. I don't worry about whether Donald Trump accepts the results of the election. I'm more concerned with whether the left accepts the results of an election if they don't win, because they are seemingly a win at all cost. Crew and I agree, there's a lot of concern and a lot of people have brought up this comparison of the Civil War Antebellum Antebellum era which was proceeding leading up to the Civil War, and how divided we were. I'm telling you, Gary, Jeff, there were so many parallels when I researched these books. In eighteen sixty, Lincoln was so unpopular that in Kentucky, where he was born, he only received one percent of the vote. He was stricken from the ballot in eleven states. Remember they tried to do that with Trump exactly. People began threatening him even before he took office. In fact, there was a threat, an attempt to assassinate him in Cincinnati in eighteen sixty when he was on his way to his inauguration, and this is very similar to what we're seeing today. This was a nation so divided. We had violence breaking out all across the country. We had bloodshed, we had brother against brother, family against family.
Speaker 9: And this was all leading up to the Civil War.
Speaker 1: We had.
Speaker 16: A government that suspended basic civil rights, that suppressed the right of free speech.
Speaker 9: Free speech was extremely dangerous.
Speaker 16: If you went on Fountain Square in Cincinnati and gave a speech about abolition, you could be stoned. If you gave a speech about secession, you could be shot. These are the things that happened in those days that we can say, hmm, that sounds very familiar.
Speaker 1: It also sounds like areas that we do not need to venture back into as a country, but have sadly just in the era of Donald Trump. And I don't blame the president for that. I blame the just, the violent and unforgiving left for that. Oh, directly rhetoric and the Trump derangement syndrome that does not have a valid leg to stand on. No matter what people on the left have said, well, of course I have trumped arrangement syndrome. Any sane person would. Yes, I saw that, thank you.
Speaker 16: That is like a confession like, yes, I'm a Trump Trump Arrangement syndrome person.
Speaker 1: My name is I can't help myself, Like it's like an AA meeting. Yes for polydios. My wife calls him politiots. So back to the Promised Land. How the Midwest was one Peter Brons and our guest, the mysterious mound builders you're talking about, and this is going back even beyond the Miami and the Shawnee.
Speaker 16: Absolutely, these would be the ancestors of the Indian tribes that we're familiar with. And the mound builders culture was existing as far as thirteen thousand years ago.
Speaker 9: But the mounds we can trace to about three thousand years ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, and it's a.
Speaker 16: Amazing but we don't even most of us don't know this history right in our backyard, but in all of our communities Indian Hill, Terrace Park, Marymont, Milford, right down to downtown Cincinnati. These mounds existed when these settlers arrived.
Speaker 1: They were huge.
Speaker 16: Many of them were amazingly designed to almost unbelievable exact specifications. They'd have perfect circles that were half a mile across. They had these incredible mounds and earthworks that they didn't have modern engineering tools, They didn't have any of the equipment were accustomed to, and yet they built these incredibles like the Serpent Mound. Yeah exactly, And so I got into researching who were these people and what were they all about. Well, what we can figure out is that they worshiped serpents. We can tell that they engaged in human sacrifice. We found that out from the excavations.
Speaker 2: Nice people.
Speaker 16: Yeah, many of the sacrifices were young women and children, and mass graves they may have they probably it's almost certain that they engaged in cannibalism of eating their victims and their prisoners and their enemies. And we can tell this from the way that you'll find bones near fires, evidence of fires, and the bones show evidence of being scraped and used as a meal.
Speaker 1: You know, cannibals know how good people really are. So these are the ancestors of these vicious tribes. And some of that stuff hangs over you can see it. The torture, the entertainment of torturing victims who are their enemies. So that kind of brutality still existed.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, you.
Speaker 1: Didn't have Netflix. You needed something dinner to right everybody let's get together. We got a new prisoner, who's got any ideas.
Speaker 2: Come on by the hut. Yeah, we're gonna do some torture to night. It'll be a blast, oh man.
Speaker 1: Also in The Promised Land, you write about Cincinnati's twin sisters who saved Texas? Yes, how did twin sisters from Cincinnati saved Texas?
Speaker 16: Another another amazing forgotten chapter in Cincinnati history. So in eighteen thirty six, Texas was fighting for its life against Santa Ana and the Mexican army. We all know the story of the Alamo, Yep, we may not know the story of Goliad, which was as bad or worse, where hundreds of Texians they call them Texians because they were Mexicans Mexico. Mexico owned Texas territory at that time and it was a province of Mexico, so they were Texians meaning Mexicans Texans and hundreds of those guys who fought Mexico were taken prisoner at Goliad and marched out under the pretense of gathering wood and executed.
Speaker 1: This was when people say remember the Alamo.
Speaker 16: Back in those days, they would say remember the Alamo, or they would say remember Goliad, So Texas was struggling. They were being defeated by Santa Anna. He had thousands against their hundreds, and he was marching through Texas taking no prisoners.
Speaker 1: He was a brutal, brutal guy.
Speaker 16: So at this time Texas sent their ambassador an amazing name.
Speaker 9: He can't make this up. His name was Picky Yun Smith.
Speaker 2: Picky Un Smith.
Speaker 1: Yes, I remember Picky Un Smith back in the fall of fifty four, and we were all gathered around the fire. Picky Un Smith. What a great name.
Speaker 16: So he comes up and he sent to Cincinnati, which was then a huge city. It was the westernmost city in the US that was as powerful as it was. And he sent to Cincinnati, and he comes and he tells these leading families of Cincinnati who are all descended from these same settlers who had fought for their liberty and independence in Ohio to free Ohio from oppression of the British.
Speaker 9: And the Indians. And he comes and tells him what's going on in Texas well.
Speaker 16: Contrary to the National Neutrality Act, even our local congressmen participated in a conspiracy that was illegal that they could have lost everything and been sent to prison. They participated in a conspiracy to raise arms for Texas, which was in effect was buying cannons that they named the Twin Sisters. Texas had no cannons, and they bought these two cannons. They forged him right here in Cincinnati. They put them on a boat and took them all the way down to New Orleans and then shipped them over to Texas. And the cannons save Texas at the Battle of Sanya Sinto at Sanya Sinto. Without those cannons, Texas independence would not even have existed. And it's very possible that a lot of Texas as we know it today would probably be part.
Speaker 1: Of Mexico still be part of Mexico if not for Cincinnati. Our conversation with Peter Bronson. More ahead on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: Put on your scars fango top, paint your face rand white and blue, stand tall, and cast your ballad proudly like the great.
Speaker 2: American you are.
Speaker 1: I'm a great American.
Speaker 15: November fifties Election Day, the day the oldest democracy shows the rest of the world how it's done better.
Speaker 1: Take notes, Luxembourg. That place sucks and.
Speaker 2: It's up to you, good citizen, to keep our.
Speaker 15: Democracy going by being an informed voter.
Speaker 1: Do your duty.
Speaker 15: Listen for the latest election info and news on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: What tonight is Election Night. Results will be coming.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying we're gonna have a projected winner in any of the elections, but you never know. Rick Robinson will join us next Tuesday night live in the studio with you, Willie Cunningham and others popping in and folks with results from the seven hundred WLW newsroom. Looking forward to that next Tuesday night and another night keV coming up the night before on Monday, November fourth. Until then, the national anthem Donna America on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: News, Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 16: A judge denies a protective order the Tory Lana Fields murder case.
Speaker 1: With the twelve o'clock report
Speaker 9: I'm Lee mawin Breaking now happening to