Speaker 1: Welcome to the this WEEK'SACA podcast sponsored by skybettaka Freeze, Tom, Joe and Jake with you to run through the schedule coming up on this episode. Then it is of course the biggest event on the calendar on Saturday, but enough about Eurovision is of course the FA Cup final. So we're putting together a same game multi to back at an interesting looking at thirteen to one. Please if you haven't already subscribed to the channel to ensure that you never miss an episode, particularly important ahead of the playoff finals next weekend, and remember to keep it fun. Never bet Morgan Afford. This podcast is eighteen plus, please gamble responsible. So we will be talking the FA Cup, of course, and we will have our full playoff episode to come on Monday when we know the finalist.
Speaker 2: What say it?
Speaker 1: Say the word magic of the Cup? Yeah, here we go. I was meant to say something. We'll discuss the magic of the Cup and what a magical campaign. This has been warm and fuzzy inside now so magical. Very shortly, we will have the full playoff episode on Monday, because we will know the finalists on Monday, we will look ahead to those three games, picking out our best bets, selections and stuff like that, before we do quick recap on what we've seen so far. It's been a really, really good playoffs. It usually never disappoints sheffields like Bristol City from the neutral's perspective, that was dead and buried, but the Blades absolutely superb in a six nil aggregate win three nil either side. We are recording on Thursday, so we've also had Sunderland Coventry which was we just say, by the way, seconds away from penalty.
Speaker 3: Anyone who listens to this podcast will know that Tom and myself are not great Frank Lampard fans. And Tom beat me to the anti Frank Lampard gift post in the WhatsApp chat by milliseconds, literally milliseconds.
Speaker 1: It was absolutely incredible.
Speaker 3: He said something like, oh my god, he's in tears.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 1: He was holding back the I'm just disappointed for them, you know, and the one mine I need, well, I've won everything, so I'm fine. I've just got it for them more than anything. When he said that, I actually couldn't believe it.
Speaker 4: He literally said, well, I've had loaded success in my career, so it probably won't hit me as hard. But for them then, I mean, this is big. He's basically this is the biggest nights in their lives. For me, you know, it's just, you know, one of the championships. I'm not really that asked the office, isn't it where he goes? Did do you have your wages come through this morning?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: A few? You're all right? So why have I got Coventry lads coming in complaining that they've never won anything? He needs remarkable, some sort of.
Speaker 4: Training course about how he comes across, I think, because by all Accountcy.
Speaker 1: Is actually a good bloke, but he's not good at giving interviews. Don't say the thing that you really think.
Speaker 4: Just say what you need to say to not seem like you're coming across like a twap.
Speaker 1: If you have avoided this, I don't know how you've done it. But some land with well, not literally, because they did allow, for some reason Coventry to kick off before blowing the full time whistle, which just seemed completely pointless the penultimate touch of the game, as both teams were preparing for penalties. You saw it down on the door out there, speaking to players, making notes and stuff like that. Some of them get corner. Enzo Lafe crosses it in and Dan Ballard with the most unorthodox header ever, completely misstimes the jump, kind of heads it. It's the back of his neck and then goes in to.
Speaker 3: Score as well, where you weren't sure if it was in or not. You had Ben for you and crossbar and it came down. It didn't hit any net or anything.
Speaker 2: Literally, Yeah, but I was like that.
Speaker 1: And then you had the period of Ben Wilson, the Coventry goalkeeper, and that's like the moment where he could look and then just couldn't was helpless just watching it in has to be up there with one of the all time playoff moments, surely. Oh yeah, it just it literally did spring. It felt like out of nowhere because by that point games just typically die down and then nobody really wants to lose as opposed to win. It will be a really memorable moment because.
Speaker 4: It's so late, last second. Basically, like you've described, he's so unbelievably contorted in the way that he gets his body and then just to add to the overall awkwardness of it, he couldn't get his shirt off. Yeah, he's trying so hard to get his shirt off to celebrate.
Speaker 1: He's one of his teammates got it off for him. He had his shoulder heavily strategy.
Speaker 4: Like this someone else just comes and like king it off him and he's obviously massive in his upper body. So it was brilliant and he was unbelievable for the two legs of the playoffs. And he's second choice. So he's come in for the playoffs because they've picked him ahead of Chris Mepham. So like fair play to him stepping up at the right time of the season. So that game was awful as well, so like he's got at that moment at the end, but the game itself was horrifically bad, which nobody will remember that in the in the history books. So it's great.
Speaker 3: I've got to deal with an entire red and white Wembley.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I'd like the smart remarks of people going, I think the team in red and white stripes are gonna win? What Sheffield United then not gonna be wearing the same kit, are they about it?
Speaker 2: It would be funny though, get the ref in red and white.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's just clete mix things up.
Speaker 2: Also, we didn't touch.
Speaker 3: On this before the playoffs started, but Bristol City doing a pitching masion for getting into the playoffs? Is that worthy of actually cheering against?
Speaker 1: In my in my column for the playoffs because.
Speaker 4: The few people have done reactions to this saying, oh, well they they've not been in the playoffs for so many years and all this in the Bean mid table and blah blah blah. But too much, it's too much.
Speaker 1: I don't I've never liked it. And the playoffs full stop, you see it a lot of I mean, but it's particularly common because the highest seeded team always plays at home second right, so you get a lot of the history shows the better teams do progress. So you do get a lot of second legs where it's at home, and you get a lot of pitch invasions and people running on. And it's one thing I've never ever understood because it's a great time to celebrate, and yes we're all delighted, Yes we've done it, but it is the cliche you've you've not done it, achieved anything. Yeah, if both teams do it, so Monday night, one team does it, choosing out the other team does it. There's fifty percent of those fans have done it for no reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that was the case of I couldn't believe it. I was watching it the on Soccer Saturday and the double.
Speaker 2: Checkers like, is that Bristol City. They're on the pitch at Bristol.
Speaker 1: It's even worse. Yeah, it's not even the playoffs SEVERI final, it's just.
Speaker 3: In the playoffs and then we got smash six the biggest defeat and aggregate history.
Speaker 4: Max, Isn't it The big problem for Bristol City were It's highly unlikely they weren't going to get beaten comfortably by Sheffield United just because of the I mean.
Speaker 1: It's twenty two points, the difference between literally the biggest gap in history. At the same time then the very short gap between that last day of the season and that if you've got you know, that huge emotional outlay they just got in everybody on the pitch. It's massive.
Speaker 4: I think that the two teams that have made it's the Championship playoff final, they've got a big gap. Anyway, nearly two weeks until the final, but they were actually really calm. Chef and I had new for ages. But Sundland you think how last gasp it was, but they were actually pretty There was a few more ons that go on the pitch. They kept trying to get in on all the interviews and one that was having trying to have a real go at Frank Lampard, basically trying to antagonize into a fight, which was it.
Speaker 1: You cannot comment where I was that was too far, but they were just the right level.
Speaker 4: I think back a year and when Bolton beat Barnsley they had a pitch invasion. The players were up drinking beers in the stand and you could see them. This is a bit much when you've got the final to play. And then they delivered the most flat performance when we were all like, oh yeah, Bolton will beat Oxford, They're way better than them, and they never ever got going. So it is a very careful line to tread going into the to the final.
Speaker 1: Then we've seen we weren't too much about League One because Laighton Oriente Stockport stop for Laton Orange Shoulday was last night. That is an upset Thi's being third on penalties in a game. The first leg was brilliant too too. It was one one draw on Wednesday night, but an upset. I don't think we were pretty confident. I know we bat Charlton to do it, and by the time you listen to this, Charlton maybe out of the playoffs. But I think the expectation was on risingly Charlton and probably Stockport. If they didn't lose that first leg, they'd take them back to Edgeley Park and they should win. Hasn't been the case and late in Ora absolutely riding a hot street going into Wembley.
Speaker 2: Flying, absolutely flying.
Speaker 3: I feel a bit sorry for Jim because he put up Stockport to him from behind him both legs and they went behind both times.
Speaker 1: He's even worse the first leg as well because up eighth or something.
Speaker 3: It was like nearly twenty to one in the first legs stop Port from behind. So yeah, next time, Jim, just back the opposition team back Orient, score first goal and then core quick. Yeah that's that's maybe in a Nichilles heel.
Speaker 2: That's come back to bike.
Speaker 3: Stockporks think they've conceded the first goal in the last eight nine games down in the league or something like that, so just leave themselves too much to do.
Speaker 1: You're completely right, they were. They were really unlucky.
Speaker 4: Well they were unlucky, but their equalizer was a massive deflection when it looked like they were going to lose in normal time. They should have won it in extra time. But there's only so long that he can keep getting away with conceding for so fair place Late and Orient it's a massive achievement for them. I remember when they made the playoff final in League one, Oh God, aging myself now, it'll probably almost fifteen years ago under Russell Slade, and it seemed like that was their one chance to get into the championship and then they just dropped down through the divisions after that, all the way into non league. So he kind of feels like this is going to be their chance again. If they don't get into the championship, squad probably gets picked apart. They've made some brilliant loan signings this season, they've got a fantastic manager who probably gets poached, so there's every chance it's now on.
Speaker 1: Ever for them, let's move on because I say we will talk full playoffs on Monday, because I do want to talk about Saturday's main event. It feels like I don't want to kind of have show, you know, do this old It was better in the olden days because it wasn't even like this when I was growing up, but it felt like the entire day was dedicated to the build up to the event. It was like everyone kind of stops what they're doing from nine am all the way up to the start time. It's all kind of people are watching all day on television and Saturday of course feels like it's dwindled a little bit in kind of recent times, but in a couple of years ago did quite well. Interest has peaked again and that is course at the Saint Jakob Taller Hall in Switzerland. Eurovision is on Saturday night, I mean finals, well last night, yeah, and tonight of course. Just wanted to get any if we've got any tips for Eurovision, any insight? Well, what are we back in here because presumably we're all gonna watch it?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, Well I was listening closely this morning to the like the updates from the semifinals on Radio one on my drive in and forgotten the name of the British entrance, but they were saying that it's helped them because of performing at the semi finals.
Speaker 1: I heard this, Yes, qualification, it has.
Speaker 4: Helped them performing in these five six thousand capacity venues because people already know the words to the song, which I don't know the name of. But that's about as much as I can tell you.
Speaker 1: I don't even know remember Monday with what the hell just happened?
Speaker 4: There we go?
Speaker 1: I should have known that.
Speaker 2: I don't even know it was happening this week.
Speaker 1: I thought, were you not a regular Eurovision watcher? Parties?
Speaker 2: No parties?
Speaker 3: But when when I was really young, you used to stop over with you used to record it on the BCR. I used to watch it in the morning. That was my memories of Eurovision. But since then it's just kind of fallen by the way they do that thing. Have you seen that recent trend on? Someone did it?
Speaker 1: The first one I saw was a Leeds fan did it for their lad or whoever it was saying, You know that has to go to bed quite early, so I'll put the result on and I'll leave it, slide it in a note under the door, because my dad did it. Did They used to do that for Eurovision, so you'd wake up in the morning and you go, oh, Sweden again.
Speaker 3: They've done not now, but it would it would be a somewhat clash between what do we watch first, the recorded match of the day or the record of Eurovision.
Speaker 1: They always got the vote. What would give me a nation? I want a Eurovision with no insight and knowledge? Who are we backing to win Eurovision Italy?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, one hundred and twenty five hundreds hundreds.
Speaker 4: If you get to each way, it's usually a nation that's got no kind of like political leanings, isn't it. You have to go for a sayer one that everyone's like, yeah, they're all right, because.
Speaker 1: If you do, if you're doing televote, yeah, there's a lot of block voting.
Speaker 4: So I'll go somewhere. Scandinavian Sweden. Sweden are the favorites, so you're in.
Speaker 1: You knew that another favorites.
Speaker 4: I promise no nobody takes a dislike to Sweden and do this well and abba famously Eurovision entrant. There you go, open for anyone to put quiz team if you want other We did fail to win our local one a few weeks ago, which still stings.
Speaker 1: I'll take the Dutch the Netherlands eleven to one bit of each way value. Bit of interest. There we go. We will actually talk the FA Cup, of course, we'll have a little break, get our thoughts together, and we'll pick out a little multiple for the final. Next Saturday is the FA Cup Final. They are taking it seriously in the Premier League. No other games on that day to kind of ensure full focus is on it. Of course, can't build a multi game backer for the game. But what we're going to do is see what kind of picks we have, what kind of fancies we have, put together a little multiple for the game. Well house it in the usual kind of place for you to back as Crystal Palace, who are the home team take on Manchester City. Thoughts on this game? Oh my god, you're going thoughts on this game? How do we think it's going.
Speaker 4: I'm feeling a bit bad because I made my thoughts, like really clear to Tom earlier in the week that I really really want Crystal Palace to win, and then I remembered the next day that Tom's got man City in the outright.
Speaker 1: I'd like, Vinyl, I mean, I'm a romantic, I'd like we don't.
Speaker 4: From a this Week's Acer Sporting Live perspective, then it's a it's win win, isn't it? Because Jake's got it in and outright that he put up in the quarter final stage Crystal Palace to win and Man City up in the outright, So Nail, that's worked out pretty well. But bother with this, it's it's really, it's really hard. That's what I was saying to Tom the other day is I actually struggle to think of a game, like a Major final where I'm not rooting for a team that's not my own team as much as Crystal Palace. It's it's really They're really a really really likable team for lots of reasons because they're not a traditional big side, haven't ever won a trophy, major trophy, that haven't got a big stadium. They've had loads of players that they pluck from the EFL that you feel like you know because you've been watching them play against.
Speaker 1: Your team for years.
Speaker 4: And they've got a manager that has come in from Europe played a really like smart style of football and like turn them into a team that can legitimately threaten big opposition. But it is the main thing for me is the the leaning towards the thefl that they can take Michael Alisa make him amazing for them to buy Munich and then well as A becomes the focal point of the team exactly the same.
Speaker 2: So the same next year Romanesque as well.
Speaker 4: Exactly, it's definitely hunting Ground, Adam Warton and another one. So there's so many players like that. I just really like Pallace and I think they'll make a really good game of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am obviously rooting for Palace.
Speaker 3: I'm on Palace, but I just think that it'd be really really nice change if both Cup competitions were won by teams that weren't part of the established so called Big Six. Obviously we've had Newcastle beat Liverpool. It'd be great if we had Palace BATC and it would be a massive like fuck Q to the teams that wanted to finish eighth as well, because that would mean they don't get an European football and Palace have gone straight into the Europa League, and I think that'd be really really good just to get someone else involved in Europe that.
Speaker 2: Probably deserves it.
Speaker 3: I think over the last was it like twenty odd games they have been the top five, top sixteen based on the points collecting in the league. I just think, yeah, I like the fact that the FA Cup has such an important Obviously the trophy is important, that the prize when he's minimal compared to some of the other trophies on offer, but the fact that you do get qualification to the Europa League. I like that fact because I think it does if Pallace were to win this, get into Europa League and then kind of kick on from there, I think you're going to see the mid class of the prem and maybe even the top of the Championship starts to take this Cup really really seriously over the next few years. And it's just going to make it even more. It's gonna the magic's going to come back even more. So, Yeah, I'm rooting for Palace. It's going to be difficult, but to be fair, I've got more question marks about City ahead of the game than I have about Palace. You know exactly how Palace is gonna play. You know how they're gonna line up with City. You know last week Caji came in alongside Dias and I thought Guardiol has been playing center half, been doing a great job against alongside Das. They looked very, very good and obviously the left back o'riley's been playing really really well. Does Foden start Bernardo Silver played central midfield last last week. I think that'd be a problem if he does that is he going to play at all. There's so many question marks around City and their team selection, like Harlan factor. They've been on this really good run City without Harland and then Harlan comes in against Southampton and obviously City should have won the games greatly enough chances, but firing a blank. You know, would they be better playing more fluid without Harland? I'm not too Obviously is a brilliant striker, but so many question marks, whereas Palace you just know exactly what you're gonna get.
Speaker 1: It feels like the last time, one of the last time is going to see this City team in its current form, isn't it. It feels like it's gonna be a huge summer turnover and a core group that have been there for so long. De Bruyner particularly. It's kind of the last time we're going to see it in this form, isn't it on the big stage?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Very odd, Yeah, it is it is. I think they're already starting the development as a team.
Speaker 3: The movement. You know, they've moved again tactically from being quite a direct they're very very slow now and possession and I think that's going to play into Palot's hands and Palace. They fared well against the season they were two two Etcelhurst. They went tune it up against against City at the he had only a few months ago. As it was like a tiny, tiny bit offside. He was going to be three nil and that would have been curtains and then obviously City came back in the second half. But there was no Mark Gahey that game. And I think if Gay he plays Palace probably end up winning that game. But yeah, I think for the purpose of building a multi I'm quite happy to just lead the teams out of it, not only because we've got skin in the game, but also because I find it difficult to pick a team confidently.
Speaker 2: But yeah, there's plenty of other markets to get stuck into.
Speaker 1: Where should we go? Then you lead us off if you said there's planes to get stuck into. What we're thinking.
Speaker 4: Just the final thing on the picking the winner, Tom that only one of the favorites has won in ninety minutes in the last five f A Cup finals, which, to be honest, I was staggered by having a look.
Speaker 1: That City against United. Maybe yes, well done? Is that the Gunderwan one where he scores two years ago?
Speaker 4: So yeah, I mean, I know that I wouldn't say it for the multi same reason as Jake said. I think there's enough reason to avoid that. But as a bet, if people are betting on this game, the price that Pallas are the well worth getting behind in some way as a single bet, because yeah, they look well overpriced for me, Where.
Speaker 1: Should we go to them? How do you want to start this? I say, we'll build kind of the same game, build a bet. We'll put it out on site for you to get involved in. If we put something together, what are we all fancying we'll go first because we Okay, we've rabbited on a lot. I mean, the options are. There's a number of ways you're going to approach this. If I I'm kind of unsure if I'm getting attached too much to the past and how he was. But ultimately, this is surely a game where Kevin de Bruyne starts. Surely a game where he gets a significant amount, if not all, of the minutes unless they're three en all up and in the seventy fifth minute you know, well done, gets the random applause from Wembley and he's off. But it's eleven to ten on sky Bet that Kevin de Bruyner score or assist in this contest. Cup finals I know can be typically low scoring. It's more of a case of teams don't want to lose so much as they want to win, and maybe more of the case of Pallas considering that the city and everyone kind of takes the piss them. Oh look at the you know, the fans don't come and stuff like that. They're there every year, sometimes multiple times a year, but it still important to them. But particularly for Pallas, there is probably that element of let's just try and get through the ninety minutes however we can. But still de Bruyner eleven to ten to score assists if City are to find the net, which you'd imagine that they will do. I mean, if you look at the prices, not just on a City win, but score two plus is four to six sir expected. All the bookmakers certainly are them to get involved. You'd imagine de Bruner surely has some involvement from both open place set piece situations. It just feels like on what is his last big game for Manchester City. He usually does turn up on these occasions. Any thoughts on that, I mean, it's more of a pricing eleven to ten on that. I was thinking we'd be pushing odds on because you'd imagine he's starting here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no it's not. It's not a bad shout at all. We've definitely seen.
Speaker 3: Glimmers of the old Kevin der Broyan, haven't we the last couple of games. Well, obviously it's margin international break really since he's got back full fitness, I think did he did he score twice and get an assist in the recent etsy head game with Pallas?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has.
Speaker 1: Got Golden assist maybe, but yeah he's definitely had a few.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't mind that at all.
Speaker 3: My my doubt, I guess, is just around the fact that you said the butt makers have set the line at two for City.
Speaker 2: I'd be surprised if they scored twice.
Speaker 3: To be honest, I think it's going to be a very controlled type of performance from them. I think they're going to be well aware of the counter attacking threat of Palace and I think it's going to make them actually a little bit more defensive. So yeah, that would be my only slight concern. And again when it comes to Cup finals, I'm probably not on my own I'm immediately thinking unders, I don't want to get involved in goal scorers because I think the chances of a high scoring game, which obviously increases the chance of your goal scorer actually find in the net. I think they're so low when it comes to cup finals, and FA Cup finals have been that way for a while now.
Speaker 1: If you want last ten Premier League starts to Bruner has had goal involvement in five of those, so half of his last ten Premier League starts. Of course he's had a fair few substitute appearances in that, and even then he's tried to make an effort from the bench. But half of his last ten I think it is Premier League games have seen at least a goal or assist.
Speaker 4: Did you know that generally if we're looking at goals, players to score, players to assist. Then this is the twentieth final at the New Wembley in the FA Cup, So ten of nineteen have gone over two and a half goals in ninety minutes, but recently, more often than not they have. So of the last six have gone over to and a half, five of the last eight, seven of the last eleven, eight of thirteen, which just shows you that only like two of the first seven, sorry, first six did so it's a really slow start. The fact that four of the last six have gone over two and a half goals, it's actually more common than we would initially expect. It seems like the Caraveo Cup final is the one that is a really really tight one because they've been so many nil nills the last few years. So I don't I don't know if the value is there over two and a half goals is three to four, both teams to score is seven to ten. But I wouldn't be leaning away from player goal involvements because historically then there have been goals no matter what the matchup has been, big team against smaller team, big team against big team.
Speaker 1: Maybe my mind's warped a bit from just looking at so much playoff stuff because it's just the best, but it feels like the opposite the playoffs. They're typically low scoring affairs at Wembley and without trying to be this snobby kind of higher up football, but it could actually maybe then be a case of it's not as daunting for elite level players to turn up at a national stadium with the greatest respect. League two who turn up and go. It's the biggest stadium and the crowds that these players are going to play in front. There's more nerves of making a mistake. You don't want to be the one that does it. Whereas suppose when you've got world class players Manchester City turning up basically every year in some form for them, it's just I suppose another trip. In't it that? It's I mean you have to go back and count it. But particularly in de Bruyne's case, how many times is this guy now played at Wembley?
Speaker 4: I think it's a great point that even not the you know, the regularity of them playing on a big stage like that, But when you're a player in the EFL, and especially a playoff final, it's all about you've.
Speaker 1: Got so much to lose. Your entire season comes down to that moment where the Cup's like a nice little bonus level.
Speaker 4: That like the Championship, it's even bigger, isn't it the stakes? But it's all about not making an error that being risk averse, especially like the lower.
Speaker 1: I don't want to that costs US one hundred and fifty million.
Speaker 4: Fake Cup final, then there will be more of an opportunity that I can be that man, to be the one who makes a difference, and you think of the attacking players and the ability that they have, then you're more likely to see that happen. And you've got no disrespect to the EFL managers, more like elite level coaches that can expose defensive weaknesses. You look at Mannu Nite last year. I think anybody saw them scoring those two goals that they just lined up to expose man City's frailties. So that's probably the couple of explanations for why there are more goals.
Speaker 1: So that's eleven to ten on that one. As here any other suggestions, So we can obviously then kind of put together hopefully multiple I mean, there feels like a number of angles we could go at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd quite like big price cards.
Speaker 2: Seems like there's quite a few players that are overpriced to me to be carded.
Speaker 3: The first one's Diashi Kamada seven to one to be carded. The bloke has been booked in three of his last four starts for Palace, including in the recent meeting against Manchester City and the FA Cup semi final.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: I can't quite understand why he's seven to one, he's averaging one point seven files. Pinti at Wells, the referee Stuart at Wells averaging four cards four point three cards. Well, he's fresh off a nine card game last week and he also oversaw Cities quarter final against Bournemouth and showed six cards. So I think cards have generally been quite low. I think you've got some stats only here for cards in finals, but I think Crystal Palace play with such tenacity that I could see them racking up a few cards here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was why I started looking at actually that last year there were four but three in the last ten minutes, including a keeper card.
Speaker 1: Years before one to to.
Speaker 4: Six in the season where there were no fans, five for the losing team, season before three, season before three with a keeper card season before That's this is where it was a bit different. This is twenty seventeen, twenty sixteen, twenty fifteen six cards. That was another Arsenal Chelsea where there was six cards the time before that, and then ten cards in Man United against Palace in twenty sixteen final. Yeah, let's give it its proper name please. The Pard You Dancing Final, it was six after ninety minutes and five the year before that, all for the losing team when aston Villa got thrashed for nail by Arsenal. So more recently there haven't been that many, but I sided looking at it because I thought the same like Crystal Palace with for want of a better phrase, feel like they're going to try to kick the shit out in man City at any opportunity they can.
Speaker 1: In central midfield the highest tackles team. They are quite engaged, so I think the right bad third maybe in the Premier League.
Speaker 3: I was looking at the fields key as well, because I think they could over runs that the midfield players.
Speaker 4: I was looking at Will Hughes three plus tackles at seven to four because he's averaging two point eight per ninety in the Premier League this season, and the difficulty with Man City isn't sorry. With Palaces known exactly who they're going to select in central midfield, could could go Hughes.
Speaker 1: This is the only thing about Commander Will Will they go for.
Speaker 4: It three two plus. I think that I might have even pulled mixed two stats together there two point eight fouls per ninety and then I've pulled out the tackles line, so I'll have to go and check that now that I've been honest, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Well, there you go.
Speaker 3: The other player I had down was Gray. He to be carded as well. Six to one.
Speaker 1: I mean there's more confidence definitely going to start with Gay. He's got seven yellows and a red this season in the league alone.
Speaker 2: Six to one to be carded.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that that was one option. He's discipline in the record was actually quite surprising, surprisingly bad. Usually think of him as quite a clean, clean player.
Speaker 2: But yeah, six to one. But I like the Kammada one.
Speaker 3: I think the price is huge on Kamada, especially because he's every chance he's going to be snapping at the heels of cover chich de Bruyner. Who else might play Gunzales.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would boost the multi that is for certain.
Speaker 1: Okay, there are options then on that one. Commada's seven's mark Gehe's six is. But there's more guarantee we he's going to play. I guess is the balancing act to have I see a couple more then we'll kind of put something together. The one, A couple of the ones I had Tyreek Mitchell to commit fouls five to six. That was quite big when they lost five to two last month. He had two fouls in that game. Very high tackles player, so you'd imagine he'll be heavily involved in that five to six. Just to commit a foul like that, that seems a little bit big considering how engaged he'll be likely kind of opponents Savini're trying to cut inside or whatever, and Josco vardiol Is wants to have a shot. When you're thinking multiple multis if he's going to push back to left back, even if he's at center back, I think maybe you know, they'll probably get a few corners as there's opportunities there, but particularly left back, we've seen him getting forward contributing with goals. It's been an FBL delight for the past couple of years. There's a couple of selections there that I think you know as singles, maybe you would on Mitchell but not vardiol But when you're making up a multiple, I think that they are two decent prices that do jump up. I quite like these.
Speaker 4: The props where we're looking at shots and fouls, because there's more certain unless the price is incredibly good for a goal or a goal or assist, then the cards when it's like traditionally, I think that referees, as we know this does happen. They really don't want to show yellow cards in a major final, like they're coaching themselves through the final so that they don't have to send anybody off. So however, Mitchell, it's drifted now like the numbers. The numbers bear out, don't they, But the other things have They will still give fouls when they're correct fouls. The shots one that I was really looking at because I feel like I just want to get Asa on side in this game. His prices for things that I wouldn't necessarily say they're not worth going in a multi is that he's six to one for assist. He's more been scoring lately on a brilliant hot streak four to one to score, fifteen to eight to score or assist, and for three plus shots he's twenty one to twenty best price five to six with sky Bet. He's had four shots in his last game against Spurs, three against Forrest in the game before, three against Starts on the game before that, and he's had at least two in ten of his last twelve games. I just would find it really unlikely that he's not gonna have like two or three shots in this match, so I would be shocked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my only worry is that will Palace having enough of the ball to get him in those shooting positions two or three times. I actually went down a similar route, but I went shot on target eight to eleven and then he's to have one and he's generally got a good record of it in the target. Is ten games all competition since the last international break, he's got seven goals on three assists, so maybe goal involvement could be of interest as well. One shot on targeting seven of those ten and remarkably, every single shot on target he has had in those ten games have gone in.
Speaker 2: Hell of a strike rate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wembley goals. It's enticing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know one point zero four shots on target Pennini this season, so he's averaging over the average. That's eight to eleven for a shot on target. Yeah, that was one that I quite liked to buy. But yeah, that weird stat that all of his last seven shots on target gone in well, keep has not saved any of them.
Speaker 1: I said, try and potentially wrap us up and kind of taking all points made you could kind of dilute some of the card shouts downes a taking for the shot and target that if you put De Bruyner score assists, Vardi Old to have a shot, Ezi to have a shot on target, Tirek Mitchell to commit a foul, and Mark Gaye to commit a foul. That is thirteen to one with Skybit as a multi and it seems I know, score and assist, but the others just feel such low lines that it feels well worth getting involved in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds good to me.
Speaker 1: What is it without the de Bruyner one. Without de Bruyner, it's thirteen to two? Just add move up the one to two. So yeah, thirteen to two on that. If you'd prefer kind of a prop style one, we could potentially take that as it thirteen to two is you know, seven zish eights wouldn't be an unusual acha that we put together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the de Bruyner one, I think we're just boxing ourselves in there, especially as he probably they don't play much beyond an hour, does he. So if imagine he's gets taken off after twenty five minutes and all the others have come in, you're just raging, aren't you? So yeah, I don't know whether we want to put another one in for a slightly bigger prize or whether we just take the the others to be fair for that for low lines on is one plus on all the other ones. It's you know, it's not like we're saying all three four plus hours or whatever.
Speaker 2: What about one more?
Speaker 3: Chris Richards to have a shot? Eleven to eight. He's had a shot in eleven of his last sorry Chris Richard's okay, Alice sent off. He's had a shot in eleven of his last What's going on?
Speaker 1: Where are we?
Speaker 3: Had a shot in eleven of his last sixteen, including at the he had when he scored Okay, the massive set piece, through It and Palace have three of them to pfay Ghee Laqua and Richards. Richards sometimes gets overlooked because of that and eleven shots in his last sixteen matches.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty good record.
Speaker 1: Eleven to eight for that which I'll tell you what. I tell you what takes it back up to thirteen to one if you feel that it's more realistic to have Chris Richards in to have a shot, who is just like, it's just a really good record of it and having de Bruyns to actually have to either kick it in the goal himself or pass to someone else to kick it in the goal. This guy can just flick on aheader that goes fifteen miles wide.
Speaker 2: Oh, stride forward, shoot.
Speaker 1: And just hit it. Just hit it.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: When the two kniel down and they're getting desperate, hit it, boy, hit it, I reckon, look it in? Should we go for it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Then our FA Cup build a bet is as follows. We are taking ever each year's eight to have a shot on target. We've got Josco Vardiol to have one plus shots same as Chris Richards one plus shots. There they don't have to be on target. And in the fowls Market, Tyrek Mitchell to commit a foul and Mark Gage commit a foul as well. Thirteen to one the FA Cup multi do we like it? Do?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Give look at the on doesn't it in the final?
Speaker 1: Indeed? Remember as we say, keep it fun, never bet more. You can forward, please gamble responsibly. I think we're gonna boost that on. We We're going to ask them to very nicely, please please can you pop this on site? It's a head over Sporting Life dot com Forward slash Football, you'll be able to find the link to back that and if you haven't already, particularly ahead of the playoff finals, please follow rate Us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your chosen podcast provider. We'll be back Monday. Monday.
Speaker 4: Who's going to win the final?
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good Actually we didn't. Mancy Pallas think we're a head man, think we ahead and City our digo. I forgot to actually round up what we think is going to happen. So there we are.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: We'll be back for the playoff final preview on Monday,