Speaker 1: Would you believe twenty tons of squidness build onto a Rhode Island road. Pretty sticky situation, and we got primary action plenty of it across the country. Hey, everybody, I'm Kate Delaney. First at the top. We roll into the rundown here on America tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So let's start with.
Speaker 1: Some of those primaries and what has happened as far as a Democratic Socialist Party is concerned. A major upset in the Florida Senate primary, Democratic Socialist Angie Nixon beat the establishment Democrat alex Vinman, who was a star witness in President Trump's first impeachment trial. Meanwhile, Republican Byron Donalds and Democrat David Jolly will square off for the Florida Gonership.
Speaker 3: Tay A, Listen, we've been criss crossing Florida.
Speaker 4: We've been knocking hundreds of thousands of doors taking our message to all Floridians, and tonight, because of your sweat, because of your hard work, we have won a massive victory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was Byron Donald's obviously there. Moving to a couple of other stories, how about the Trump backed representative Harriet Hagman winning the Republican Senate primary. In Wyoming. Meanwhile, in some of the other races, and there were a lot of things that were happening, obviously depending on where you hail from and are listening to this show, there were other referendums and whatnot that would have been on ballots that many of you would have gone to gone to the polling places to check the boxes, so to speak. In some of the other races, for example, in Alaska, they're looking for a governor there too, and Republican Governor Mike Dunleavy is unable to run again, of course due to term limits, so that created a wide open race to succeed him. Alaska is a little different. They use an all party primary system with the top four finishers advancing to the November general election. So Tom Begich the Democrat, Bernadette Wilson Republican, Jonathan Crest Tompkins the Democrat.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what.
Speaker 1: We're looking at right now as votes start to pour in, and if we are looking overall at a bigger picture. And I mentioned one already, but three Trump back candidates lost their primary fights tonight.
Speaker 3: So for example, in.
Speaker 1: Florida, two Trump Back candidates lost House primaries. Former TV journalist Ryan Elijah needed representative Corey Mills, who faces House Ethics and Justice Department investigations in the seventh district, so that was part of that problem there. He had endorsed Mills early in the cycle, and if Florida's nineteenth district, local conservative talk radio station owner Jim Schwartzel won the Republican nomination over the Trump backed Catalina Loff, who had previously run for Congress in Illinois.
Speaker 3: So some moved in the favor of the president.
Speaker 1: If we look at what's happened recently, and some in the opposite direction, It's going to be an interesting midterm, to say the least. All Right, Ran, where are we when it comes to Iran? Every day it's a different story. Sadly, it is like you were watching a soap opera, only it is a soap opera with too many lives at stake. But Iran has apparently a secret plan to escalate the war.
Speaker 3: It's something that.
Speaker 1: We've talked about before, and I'm going to go a little bit deeper on that in our next segment. But the President just a few days ago didn't really pull any punches, and he has not changed from this perspective.
Speaker 5: After we finish defeating Iran, which is being very badly defeated, pretty soon, I'll be declaring the hormone straight a territory of the United States.
Speaker 2: Shite say that one.
Speaker 5: We have the blockade, no ships get through unless.
Speaker 6: We want them to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what is happening at the strait It is fewer ships that are able to traverse in that direction and get through.
Speaker 3: That's big.
Speaker 1: Both Ron and O'man have coastlines along the street, and the deal, as described by regional officials, would denote control to each country on traffic going in and coming out of the Persian Gulf. So there are concerns inside the White House that a plan that's been thrown out there, which hasn't been finalized, could harden Iran's control over the waterway. Some officials believe Oman has been more favorable to Iran than the United States and the negotiations rather than acting as a neutral partner. So obviously, behind the scenes, there's other trafficking going on in the war over communications, Iran officials have repeatedly declared it's untrue that they are engaging in direct talks with the United States. The President had previously vented anger at those denials, saying Iran was playing games and that officials were eager to strike a deal in more private conversations. And I think we're just going to hear more of this back and forth rather than Iran waving the white flag. But I could be wrong. I look at the magic eight ball. You know how this goes? Shake it and what does it say every single time? Ask again? Later, twenty tons of squid spilled onto a road Island road block traffic for eight hours. So a tractor trailer overturned on its side and it released that squid. The tractor trailer tipped over about nine point thirty in the morning. This happened, like I said, in Rhode Island, and it had been kind of negotiating a turn when it got dislodged from the cab. Ooh, and that's when it flipped. And at the time of the incident, it was just full of squid that was going to a processing facility out of town, and the majority of it spilled onto the roadway, which has led led to the long delay closing at the intersection. I think about nine thirty in the morning. Reopened to traffic later at night, right during rush hour, though at five point fifteen the driver was cited for failure to secure a load by Rhode Islands Police. The operator and a passenger and the tractor trailer weren't injured in the incident. It was very, very strange and oh boy to see the clean up happening.
Speaker 3: I saw some video of it.
Speaker 1: Trying to scrape all of that off of the road was really a tough job for the people who found themselves in the situation where they had to do.
Speaker 3: Its sad news here.
Speaker 1: I was a big zz Top fan back in the day when I worked as a television reporter in l Paso, Texas. I got to see them for the first time. I'm going to say I was like twenty one. It was one of my first jobs out of college, and I thought it was so cool. We went to Las Crusis and it was a small venue and I really got the feel of zz Top well. Frank Beard, the longtime drummer for that legendary blues rock trio, dead at the age of seventy seven, and he was in hospice care when he passed away at his ranch in Richmond, Texas, with family members at his side. No cause of death was given so rip to a member of really an incredibly talented, talented group. It's interesting where it all started for Beard. He joined the Houston based band The Moving Sidewalks Ready for This back in nineteen sixty nine. The band eventually changed its name dis Easy Top and the rest was history. Coming up next, money, Money, Money, and what's happening in the courtrooms across America? We got that and a little bit deeper on the Middle East and Iran's secret plan.
Speaker 7: Carlamuri here to tell you about our newest website for old time radio lovers. It's one hundred Radio Shows dot Com. At this site there are five old time radioho is waiting for you to download free as our gift to you, and be sure to browse the additional seven hundred old time radio shows available to you for seventy percent bock by using the promo code radio at checkout. This is a limited time offer, so log down to one hundred Radio Shows dot com. That's one zero zero radio shows dot com.
Speaker 6: At Hotshot Secret, we share the science behind common diesel problems, for example, fuel additives. Most fuel additives either impact performance or provide protection. Hotshot Secret everyday diesel treatment provides both performance enhancement and fuel system protection. Everyday Diesel Treatment delivers a six to one premium fuel treatment for every fill up, every time.
Speaker 8: Every Day Diesel Treatment is available at truck stops, tractor Supply, O'Reilly's Autoparts, and online at hotshotsecret dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey, I Brandt and her name is Sherry.
Speaker 9: Hello.
Speaker 2: She's a friend of mine who we were just praying for because of a surgery. She just went through.
Speaker 9: Yes, and I am very happy about something you actually about all the time, which.
Speaker 2: Is meta share.
Speaker 3: That is right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what was your experience like with meta share and healthcare ability?
Speaker 9: Honestly, Brandt seamless and what a blessing that is when you're already nervous about a health issue, which I was. Members shared my expenses. There were zero problems. And let me tell you, having people pray with you when you call in with your need that.
Speaker 2: Is just refreshing.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: I keep telling people people love meta share and they love saving money. The typical family can save five hundred dollars a month.
Speaker 9: I am very thankful for meta share. It is so different, and I mean different in a very very good way.
Speaker 2: It is good different Call now. They're easy to talk to and you can get a price within two minutes. Call eight five five share forty. That's eight five five share forty eight five five share forty.
Speaker 10: Finding great candidates to hire can be like well trying to find a needle in a haystack. Sure you can post your job to some job board, but then all you can do is hope the right person comes along. This is why you should try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter dot com slash free.
Speaker 11: That's right free, The smartest way to hire. Just go to this exclusive web address ZipRecruiter dot com slash free at ZipRecruiter dot com slash free, ZipRecruiter dot com slash free.
Speaker 12: In a study, it was found that thirty three percent of forty four herbal supplements had no trace of the advertised herb. Don't let that happen to you, Hi, This is doctor Mitche. If you want to ensure quality, please go to Total Wellness dot Com. Supplements made for physicians only now available to you too, Total Wellness dot Com helping you to look good, feel good, and enjoy total wellness.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 1: This tops the money money money portion of going deeper. The tariffs on some Canadian products have been paused.
Speaker 3: That's big news.
Speaker 1: The President paused fifty percent tariff on some against some of the products. So what are the products that we're talking about? And they were set to take effect five percent of Canadian experts to the US and risked escalation into I think a bigger trade conflict. Anyone looking at this doesn't have to be brilliant to read the tea leaves. But what the President said is on social media on Tuesday night, I paused if two percent tariffs against Canada that were scheduled to kick in tomorrow morning for a three day period, based on the fact that Canada and the US, subject to the finalization of documents, have a deal. And he put have a deal in giant letters and an exclamation point, etc. So it was going to cover twenty billion worth of goods, about five percent of the annual exports to the US. So what does that mean, like anything from hockey sticks, electronics, plastics, building materials, all of that. The Office of the US Trade Representative said the deal would include improved market access for US goods. This is good in Canada, along with economic security commitments in alignment on digital trade issues that divide Canada and the United States. The new tariffs announced a month ago would have risked escalation into a trade war between our close neighbors. And Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney, who stepped into power last year by promising to stand up to economic aggressions from the United States, has said that Canada could retaliate and his country has been one of the few, along with China, to strike back at past levies that the US has thrown on them with tariffs of their own, and in a statement, Carney said that discussions with the US on addressing bilateral trade issues and this is what he called it, has he yielded substantial progress, but there is important work to be done.
Speaker 3: So that's good news.
Speaker 1: How about some applause for some good news when it comes to any any conversation with the T word in it, right, because it would trickle down, I mean it would more than trickle down.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: This is a good thing, especially beneficial, that's the key word. Beneficial to everybody, then that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: And so that's good news.
Speaker 1: And that's why deal deal deal exclamation point is a really really excellent, excellent.
Speaker 10: Thing to.
Speaker 3: Hear all right.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, something else worth throwing out when it comes to when it comes to money, money, money is this, and it's the fact that bonds are getting hammered. And the street is saying, because a lot of people would hide, you get a bond, Give a bond that was a present that used to be like a graduation president.
Speaker 3: I know, I got a bunch of those.
Speaker 1: With yields on the thirty year US treasuries at nineteen year highs, investors are saying a new error in the bond market is started, and it looks a lot like going back in time two thousand and seven. So here's what's happening. A sell off. This is just the shorthand of this to make it make sense. A sell off in these global bonds is pushing up borrowing costs for governments, businesses, and families across the developed world, and it doesn't look like there's gonna be an end in sight to any of this. Bond yields are at a nineteen year high. Investors are blaming that on everything from the US Iran conflict, which of course stokes what inflation fears, to tech company bonds buying for debt fund cash instead and there's a lot of anxiety when it comes to bonds and so looking to the future. So far the selloff has been limited to bonds, but stocks are hovering near record highs and corporate earnings are still pretty robust. So that's signs that higher interest payments aren't squeezing economic growth. So we can all let out a sigh of relief that little four oh one k you've been scrimping on. Then you know what, that's a good thing because you want a healthy market. And there's always been these predictions, I think in the last couple of years, especially how everything's going to drop out. The bottom is going to drop out, the bottoms, it has to drop out, it has to drop out. And so the good news there is right now, no, that is not.
Speaker 3: That is not what is happening.
Speaker 1: We move from money, money, money to going a little bit deeper on what's happening in the court room. And I think the biggest yeah, it is that right, and the biggest thing that our biggest trial, I believe criminally anyway that people are talking about is the Sad trial, the Lindsey Clancy murder trial. And every day the defense is throwing up what they're throwing up while the prosecutors are, you know, laying the hammer down. So you have had On Tuesday, forensic psychologist Paul Zizel, who testified about the first time he met Lindsay Clancy at the hospital after she killed her children then tried to kill herself, and she wasn't intubated, but she was connected to medical equipment by tubes and wires. He talked about that, and a handcuff held her to the bed, but she couldn't move anything below her waist after a two story fall from her bedroom window.
Speaker 3: She was paralyzed.
Speaker 1: She is paralyzed, and he was called by Clancy's attorney to testify for the defense as she's standing trial for the murder of the three kids, Cora five, Dawson, and Callahan eight months.
Speaker 11: And what this.
Speaker 1: Forensic psychologist said is he said, she told me she remembered what happened, but it was fuzzy, foggy, and saying that he told her he had put on a speaker and she left a message telling her husband that she loved him, because that was you know, there was no visitors allowed, and so she asked this, She asked this psychologist about her husband, and he used his phone and then the psychologist told her she had to put on speaker and then she left that message. So a couple days later, during another visit, Zeissel allowed Clancy to borrow's phone to call again, and then he heard her reference hallucinations and whatnot. So they went pretty deep on this. I mean, she's not disputing she did the killings, but the argument that her lawyers are making is she was suffering from postpartum psychosis when she strangled the three children in the basement of her home back in January of twenty twenty three, which the prosecutors are saying there's not the evidence of that. This is really the thrust of this, you know, the thrust of this case. When the doctor is testifying, Clancy cried during the whole portion of testimony. And this has happened a couple of times in this has happened a couple of times in court. And this could go on I think for at least another couple of weeks maybe, and with all the witnesses, et cetera that have been lined up. And this is absolutely a shocking, horrible, sad, sad, sad story when you think of those innocent children and then the rest of the family, the husband, et cetera. And ultimately where does this you know, where does this end up? So day fourteen, Day fifteen, you know, day fourteen the prosecution prosecution rather rested, and now.
Speaker 3: This continues to move forward.
Speaker 1: So I think we're looking at a little bit longer for more of this, more of the courtroom and Lindsey Clancy, right, and you know, I talked about Iran and what do we go deeper on with Iran?
Speaker 3: And it is the push. It is the push for nuclear diplomacy.
Speaker 1: As we see what's happening with Iran, the President pushing for Kim Jong un a meeting this year, and the president attempting nuclear diplomacy with him during this uh during this term, this time around two. So there is no planning that is officially underway, but the desire for another high stakes meeting with Kim is suggesting that the president is searching for a foreign policy achievement because you know, we're seeing what's happening with Iran and that's all slippery right now. And Kim, a dictator who has several dozen nuclear warheads without preconditions, is warm warming up apparently to.
Speaker 3: The idea of that happening.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's got a nuclear arsenal that only has grown stronger and more capable of striking the US since the three past summits. So does that pull away some of what's happening in the Middle East? And the answer to that is yes, it would. It would start to pull that if we start to pull that away a little bit. All right, coming up on the flip your thoughts as we hit the mail bag, and of course we're going to check speaking of stocks, the pre market bell.
Speaker 3: Hell, you have mail mistress, let's dig in the mail day.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: Thanks to everybody who sent me their thoughts.
Speaker 1: You can to twenty four to seven Kate at Kate Delaney Radio, Kate at katedalaneyradio dot com. I made it easy. Just click on contact and you're in, just like Matt Is. Matt says, I'm listening to you all the time on KSEAA radio ten fifty AM and one six point five FM in southern California, and he says, keep preaching at Kate when it comes to the Rams and Aaron Donald, that's he'd be the perfect solution. Even just to have his intensity back, I think helps the RAMS enormously and with the desire to come back. I think those workouts aren't because he's kind of just messing around. I think he really really wants to make sure he can do it, and he wants to jump in and make it happen. No doubt it would ignite the fans to who are already totally backing the Rams. I'm not saying that, but it would just add that little extra something something, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I do know what you're saying, right.
Speaker 1: It is about sometimes the one or two people, the leadership, the excitement over whatever it is. I've seen this with all the championship teams that I've covered. I saw it with the Dallas Cowboys when I first moved to Dallas in such a sweet gig on the ticket and I was there for the Super Bowl with Pittsburgh and just seeing that team flowing into the end of what would be that legacy. They had that something something, and whether it's a handful of whether it's that overall feeling, usually there's something that's happened, someone's come back, something's changed, something.
Speaker 3: Does give you that little bit of extra right, and they're always looking for it.
Speaker 1: That's why If you notice most teams adopt some sort of a saying and can It's usually different every year. Whatever that's saying is now a lot of times you'll see them wear it on T shirts and whatever the flow of it is, whatever, whatever it is, but usually there is something that they look at to pull everybody together. If you haven't seen hard Knocks, Seattle wins Super Bowl last year, that's a good example of it. And now they're the subject of hard Knocks. So you win the Super Bowl? How do you come back and try to repeat that that situation? How do you get everybody to get to an even different level because the NFL is so super competitive? All right, didn't want to go too much down a rabbit hole. Keith is listening to US on KSL Radio at Salt Lake City one o two point seven FM. Keith says, Hey, listeners to America tonight, and Kate, of course, I heard you put something on the air the other day about the Avengers dooms Day, and I have to tell you, I love the idea of melding all these characters together again. And I'm excited you said that it was December when the movie was coming out. It's a perfect time for that kind of movie, and I love the fact of taking the different you verses and pulling them into one and the ultimate fight. It is that good versus evil that I think in a way some of us crave or applaud or whatever it is. That's the theme, the good versus evil.
Speaker 4: You know this.
Speaker 1: I don't have to tell you that, Kate, And for those that are hanging on these airwaves, but I know I'll be there and I'm sure you will be too, so I may have to call in and give you my two cents on it and see if it was really worth it and lives up to the hype. I want to see it on a big screen like Imax, and I know they're doing the Imax things, so that's going to be pretty cool.
Speaker 2: That is all.
Speaker 3: So thanks for that is all.
Speaker 10: I love that.
Speaker 2: That is all.
Speaker 3: That is all.
Speaker 1: At the end, this one's from Tommy. He's listening to us Low Information Station KLi s Insane Lewis, Missouri. Kate like the show, and I'm glad that you always give us a little bit about the Cardinals, whether they're winning, losing, or there's some good highlight. I happen to pick up on one of the stories you talked about though, that tourist who was hit by lightning hiking up Mount Etna in Sicily of all things. Can you imagine that volcanoes erupting and there's lava flow all over the place, but it's not the lava that gets them, it's lightning that gets them. And a lot of people don't realize this, but if you go back even in history and you look at volcanoes in volcanic activity, a lot of times there's lightning that's produced in and around all of that. So really sad for the dude from Kansas who they tried to save, apparently because you said something about a helicopter lyft.
Speaker 3: But it didn't. It didn't work out for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was he was picked up by a helicopter crew and this happens Sunday and he was but see here's the thing. He was in an area he wasn't supposed to be on that eastern slope. So he's about forty six hundred feet in what they call Rocca Capra area and he was I mean, he was declared dead by the time they got him there by the medical personnel there. But you know, this happens with these hikers, they close areas of that slope from what I understand, because of the prolonged volcanic activity, so so much of that is shut off, and lightning strikes have killed more people on Mount Etna in decades than the volcanic activity, like I said, because that becomes part of it. People didn't realize that, but that's part of what also happens around the volcano. So yeah, probably was having the time of his life right that he was getting a hike. He was there in Italy and on an incredible seeing, an incredible sight, and then sadly, you know that that happens. All right, let's go to this one from Mary and Mary is listening to us on News Talk eight three to o WCCO. Hey, just so you know, lots of women are supporting you, Kate. It's not just the guys listening to your show. At the beginning of the year, I heard something about you on the air or coming on the air, and now I listen whenever I can. I have a kind of a weird schedule, and so I feel fortunate when I get to hear the whole show, but if not, I download your sauce thing and I listen to it when I'm at the gym and I heard you talking about Hayden Pantieri's death, and it's really sad if you look into her history, the deep depression, she had, her brother dying a couple of years ago, and you know, again the things that she had been through, and who knows what they'll turn up ultimately when they do the autopsy, but it was pretty depressing. I happened to hear a nine to one one call and you could hear like screams and just it was. It was sad, obviously, and she was talented as an actress. I liked her in the same show you liked her in Nashville, and I also watched her in a couple of other a couple of other shows too where she popped up on, you know, in a supporting role or whatnot.
Speaker 3: So Rip gone way too soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's probably gonna be a couple of months before we know the official cause of a manner of her death. But definitely, she wasn't shy about telling people what she struggled with, and the struggle was was real. I mean, she even gave up custody of her child. She had dealt with so much. But yeah, it's thirty six. I liked her even and remember the Titans. She's good and remember the Titans. But Nashville pulled me in and she was a big Connie Britton and her were a big part obviously of that show.
Speaker 3: So yeah, terrible, terrible, All right?
Speaker 1: Did you can see people talk about all kinds of things sometimes on the lighter side, more serious.
Speaker 3: Or whatever it might be.
Speaker 1: So you two can hit me up on the email, and that's Kate at katealaneyradio dot com. Click on contact. All right, pre market bell stuff, let's rock into that. Yeah, I'd like to go to the floor one time and be there for an opening bell. It's always people are always so excited with their company, right, that's whoever it is that gets to ring the bell.
Speaker 3: It just looks like a lot of fun. Anyway.
Speaker 1: Oil is always what you want to know what's going on with oil? Oil is hovering around in the eighties again, eighty five sixty four barrel, so it's edging up slightly, but it's it's hanging around that that same price.
Speaker 3: Then we look at the markets and for the Dow.
Speaker 5: You have.
Speaker 1: Minus point twenty two s and P five hundred minus member. This is a small number, point sixty nine percent. Nasdaq is minus one thirty three. So that's where we're at. Pre opening bell. That's the key. I think sometimes people everyone's all.
Speaker 3: Get an email. It's not the Yeah, I didn't open the stock market.
Speaker 1: I didn't say let's ring the bell, Jason, and it's officially open.
Speaker 3: But I get it.
Speaker 1: It could be confusing. So it's just I'm just saying the market's rolling. This is what's happening before it opens up. The Asian market, it's already up and going, and the other markets are too, you know, some of the other markets are too.
Speaker 3: So that's what that's all about.
Speaker 1: The big story is, and it's going to be, is this pause of the fifty percent scheduled tariffs on Canada for you know, three days, and this deal with Ottawa is very, very big, and it's you know, there's been a bunch of tariffs on Canada and specific exports, including metals and lumber.
Speaker 3: People complain about lumber. I just had something happen with the mirror I'm waiting for on my SUV.
Speaker 1: Auto parts. Terrible, terrible, terrible. So you see how that all rolls, all right, hang with us. I'll meet you on the flip.
Speaker 2: Let's see if something costs less a lot less, but people are actually happier with it. That sounds like something to look into, and that's Metashare. Maybe you've heard joining metashare can save you or your family up to five hundred bucks a month, and that's huge, but it's also true. People are just happier with it. They love being part of something that reflects and motes their values and what they believe in. Meta Share works too. It's been around for thirty years now and members have shared more than seven billion dollars of each other's bills. People love having telehealth and a huge nationwide PPO network. You can save a ton and like it better. Imagine being happy with how you're taking care of your healthcare, whether you're self employed or part of the gig economy, or you just want to plan that you're happy with.
Speaker 4: Here you go.
Speaker 2: You can call right now and get a price within two minutes. A very smart use of two minutes. Here's the number you need. It's eight five five Share, forty eight five five Share, forty eight five five share forty eight five five share forty.
Speaker 13: Lisa Wolf here to tell you about our newest website for old time radio lovers. It's one hundred Radio Shows dot com. At this site there are five old time radio shows waiting for you to download.
Speaker 4: Free.
Speaker 13: Is our gift to you, and be sure to browse the additional seven hundred old time radio shows available to you for seventy percent off by using the promo code Radio at checkout. This is a limited time offer, so log on to one hundred Radio Shows dot com. That's one zero zero Radio shows dot com.
Speaker 6: At Hotshot Secret, we share the science behind common diesel problems. For example, sticktion engine oil can break down under extreme heat, leaving behind varnish, a carbon based deposit that creates drag on the engines moving parts. This sticky friction is stiction. Symptoms include a rough idol and the loss of fuel economy and performance. Hotshot Secret Stiiction Eliminator is formulated to be left in the engine. It works as you drive.
Speaker 8: Stiction Eliminator is available at truck Stops, Tractor Supply, Riley's Autoparts and online at Hotshotsecret dot com.
Speaker 14: Crime across the country is at an all time high. It feels like even a family road trip is taking a risk. We don't want the feeling of being unprotected and vulnerable. We found GETCCL dot com. GETCCL dot com gave us the help we needed to apply for a legal concealed carry permit that's recognized in over half of the country. Get CCA simplifies the process to apply and it's all online. We used their free qualification process to answer a few questions and applied for our permit right from home. Thanks to reciprocity laws between states, when you're issued a new Hampshire concealed carry permit, you can legally carry in any state that recognizes your new Hampshire permit. It only takes minutes to apply, so don't wait. Exercise your rights today. Ensure you're protecting your family at home and in other states, have peace of mind. Apply today, go to get CCL dot com. That's get CCL dot com. Go to get CCL dot com. Exercise your rights today, go to get CCL dot com.
Speaker 1: There's no question it's one of my favorite treats in the rest of America's too. But the big, bad, burning question is is America camp gooey or camp toasty. Country Living's Rachel Barrett is going to help us reveal the results of a nationwide s'moores marshmallow preference debate. I love it plus custom Hershey's s'mores recipes inspired by local flavors of all fifty states.
Speaker 3: How cool is that?
Speaker 1: Hey, Rachel hi So, tell us more about this S'mores across America? Sure?
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 15: Here at Country Living, we love a good smore. There's such an easy way to bring people together and make memories, whether it's the home, the lake, beach, or mountains. So as we were thinking about ways to celebrate America's two hundred and fiftieth we really wanted a concept that was about bringing people together and in a casual, very country living kind of way. S'mores was such a natural fit. So we partner with Hershey's to create Smores Across America, a campaign that sells lebrates the unique flavors and traditions found across the country.
Speaker 1: You know, speaking of those unique flavors, tell us more about that.
Speaker 3: You developed a smore for every state, Yes, we shared it.
Speaker 15: It was a very fun assignment. We took inspiration from local ingredients and regional specialties. Everything was fair game. Every recipe starts with Hershey's chocolate and a marshmallow paired with a sturdy base, whether that's traditional gram crackers, a pretzel crisp, or a cookie, and then finish with a uniquely local twist. A few favorites included Colorado's Trailblazer, which takes some cues from classic trail Mix, Alaska's auroras Morealis, which has a fun coating of glittery sugar, and George's just Peachy Combo. The brulaid peaches really push it over the top. It was such a fun creative challenge to dream up and test all fifty of these recipes, and it really shows how versatile the classic Hershey's smore can be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've don how cool was that? Again? And you took these recipes on the road, right.
Speaker 15: We did to bring them to life. Traveled everywhere from the CMA Fest in Nashville to the National Cherry Festival in Travers Serdy, Michigan, and just this past weekend at the Oyster Fair in Connecticut. A lot of the people we met on the road this summer talked about the memories that a classic Hershey's Smore can evoke, whether they're enjoying smores at the beach or in their own backyard. They describe those shared moments of joy around the campfire as their happy place. It was fun talking to people about their smorest traditions and preferences, and what makes for the perfect Smore So, Hershey's decided to use these conversations to help finally settle one of the biggest debates are Americans Camp Gooey or Camp Toasty. Camp Gooey believes the messy or the better lightly toasted marshmallow that's soft and oozing out the sides, while Camp Toasty loves a dark toasted marshmallow with a little bit of structure and a hint of smoky flavor. I'm Camp Toasty, my kids are Camp Gooey.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I'm Camp Toasty.
Speaker 3: What was the verdict?
Speaker 15: Well, thousands of people cast their votes on site during our Smores tour and through nationwide polling. We also asked the huge social community use of Country Living and our sister brand Steelish and Good Housekeeping to weigh in, and we finally have our answer, with Camp Toasty edging out Campgooey. Of course, anyone enjoying us more is a winner. The debate itself is just part of the fun nice.
Speaker 1: Where can we go for more informationel more information rate.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you can go to Hershey's s'mores across America recipes. You can find them at countryliving dot com. Try all fifty. They're delicious.
Speaker 3: I'm starting tonight.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much, Thank you, all right.
Speaker 1: I love that the fifty recipes, right, I like s'mores. It reminds me of girl scout days and just like a it's just like a great unusual snack. But the fact that, like she said, they did it different ways. I'll tell you a couple of them that she did. She talked about the ones that she liked. I know we have listeners in Florida key Lime Dreams. You have Hershey's Special Dark, and then you've got marshmallow cream, and then you've got chocolate, Graham crackers and key lime curd.
Speaker 3: Yum. That sounds good to me.
Speaker 1: I don't care where you're from, And I know we have people that are listening to us in the great state of Wisconsin. Hershey's Milk chocolate with caramel, toasted marshmallows, honey Graham crackers, sharp shread, chadar cheese. You know that thing about where cheese kind of does go with more things than you can imagine. And we got a ton of you in Minnesota. And for the boys back in the studio, they've got Scotch Cheru some more and what that is is Hershey's milk chocolate, toasted marshmallow, have crispy rice square, a butch, a butter, Scotch drizzle, and peanut butter.
Speaker 3: Wow, peanut butter. Anyway, check out that site.
Speaker 1: It is his really cool to kind of get that new twist if you are making of some more. The Connecticut one looks pretty good to me too. It's got really interesting things on it, like apple slices and the chocolate and then the toasty marshmallows and the milk chocolate. Her she's ooh, I like me some melted marshmallows. It's been a long time since I've done that. I might have to do that in the upcoming weeks. Well maybe in the fall. All right, let's head to birthdays. I shout out to Aunt Nancy, my favorite, and she's celebrating a birthday today. We celebrated the whole family with her early. I know her good pal Kathy took her out and she says she had the best onion ring she's ever had in her whole life. She spent a big chunk of her life in Philly and in Chicago, and now she's in the Great State of Florida. Happy birthday, Aunt Nancy, also celebrating a birthday. Andy Schamberg forty eight years old. Remember him from SNL days. He's been in the whole bunch of things. Actually he's I think he's super talented. I didn't realize how talented from the SNL digital shorts I did, But some of the other movies that he's been in, Funny, Zootopia too, Spider Man Across the Spider Verse, of course, Brooklyn ninety nine, and he even won a Gold Globe Award for Best Actor in a TV Series for his work on that show on the Brooklyn nine to nine. But yeah, he's clever, he's got chops, even some serious acting chops. And then Christian Slater another one of my favorites, on a couple of things that I've watched him, and you've seen him, I guaranteed on a couple of shows. I'm certain that you've seen him. Even if you go way back to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves or interview with the Vampire or maybe you saw him in Tucker the Man in his Dream, Who's good in that wind Talker is another good one for him. A series that I liked that went from twenty fifteen to twenty nineteen, Mister Robot.
Speaker 3: That was for me.
Speaker 1: That was a big Slater one. But anyway, he certainly has had some good roles. If you're celebrating a birthday, happy happy birthday to you, hopefully you're someone's taking you out. If not, go by yourself, a cupcake, your favorite flavor.
Speaker 3: Or I'm gonna make one of those morse and.
Speaker 1: Celebrate another day above ground. I call this ubiquitous bits of information. And here's a good one. People always talk about air Jordans. What do you think a pair of nineteen eighty five Michael Jordan game worn and sign Nike Air Jordan's would fetch It's up for auction, and people the Jordan stuff always seems to go to me, it seems to go high. But right now the bit is because I looked at the bid, the bid is seventy grand uh huh, So the next bid up would be like seventy two five, and you can people place bids.
Speaker 3: It's a sports dot dot Com. I was looking at that.
Speaker 1: But the shoes are pretty the shoes are pretty cool. Uh, pretty exciting though, I mean it'd be pretty exciting, right if you were a big, huge fan of Michael Jordan's, especially.
Speaker 3: If you saw any of the games. Are you kidding me? All right? How about this?
Speaker 1: A six year old pug was Jinny Lou was just named the world's Ugliest Dog. Oh that's awful. It's a contest that's held annually at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds in Santa Rosa, California. It's really designed to promote pet adoptions and celebrate the uniquest, uniqueness and imperfections of really dogs across the country. But the tag ugliest, Hey, come adopt the dogs. You want to see one of the ugliest dogs. And actually this dog, the dog that they say is got voted the ugliest dogh is not at all. I don't think this dog is ugly at all. But with her new title, she and her human woman named Michelle Grady, they won just a day ago they won five grand so hey, it raises awareness for adoptions and good for Ginny Lou because see even Guinness approves, because really the dog gets the in my mind, the dog.
Speaker 3: Gets the last laugh and the owner gets the big, big bucks.
Speaker 1: All right, and finally this is it for you, bick with its bits of information, We leave you with this. Historians say this text mechs favorite has its roots in the Rio Grand Valley in the nineteen thirties fahidas. It was National Fahida Day. Ranch workers were given unwanted scraps of meat to eat.
Speaker 3: They made the best of it they could, so.
Speaker 1: They rolled it into tortillas, and thus fajidas were born.
Speaker 3: You know what my favorite thing is.
Speaker 1: I love fajidas. A lot of times I'd make them, or if I go out, I'll I'll get them. I like the steak and I like the chicken on the border rules. Thanks to the Minnesota two that would be Jason and Daniel
Speaker 3: And all of you for listening to this hour of the show.