Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. How do you want your winning served up today? Alphabetical order, chronological order by gender. Hey, take your pick, because there is a long, long buffet of victory here to feast on. Let's start with one that I think is of just ginormous importance to this country in a very practical way starting today, and is also absolutely key to President Trump's success, and that is Hey, nc DOUBLEA today finally ends the madness thanks to the American people giving Trump a second term. Trump promise is made, Trump promise is kept. No more men in women's sports, and the NCUBA makes it official today. And obviously the magnitude of that, because that's going to extend even into other places, I believe, other places that aren't affected directly by the president's order this precedent for so many different reasons. Right concerned about legal liability even if the presidential executive order doesn't apply directly to you, because you're outside the government stream, but beyond that just sanity, because the whole thing was always utter madness, never made any sense on any level any starting with science, indisputable basic science, then getting to fundamental fairness, then getting to why in the world would anybody ever support a war on women? And this is an outright war on women, on their private spaces, on their sports. So yeah, this is such a blow for sanity, it's such a blow for freedom, it's such a blow for women.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful thing. It's our Republican action.
Speaker 1: And by the way, truly I think one of the top five greatest presidential photos ever President Trump at that signing ceremony, and you can see it at Dan Kaplis on Twitter. Please do like me while you're there, or at least like my Twitter account. But it is just such a compelling photo. And if you get there, then then zoom in on the young kids who are who are right up next to President Trump on either side of the desk that he's signing the EO on, and just.
Speaker 2: The look on their face.
Speaker 1: But the whole thing it is it is like if if Norman Rockwell was a photographer. Beautiful stuff eight five five ur is our five eight two five five takes d A N five seven seven three nine. Hey, I do want to know, if you're in the Denver area thanks to our listeners in the Denver area six cerd KHW Denver, if you're going to be honoring the King Soupers picket lines the strikes are back on.
Speaker 2: It seemed like the.
Speaker 1: Strikes ended yesterday, doesn't it right? And so are you going to support the striking workers. I'm a regular King Soopers guy, like King Super, go there all the time, respect the people who work there. Everybody I run into there is great. So I've I've really got to think about that, because you know, I do a lot of this. My wife turned me onto this insta cart stuff. Is that the same as crossing the picket line? What do you think if you do an instakart? Is that the same as crossing the picket line? Eight five five five two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. I've never heard that question, I asked on air before, maybe because nobody cares, but I do.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Ryan?
Speaker 1: Because I kind of pride myself on not crossing picket lines. If I'm paying somebody to cross the picket line, through an Insta cart Is that the same thing?
Speaker 3: It feels like an Insta Classic promo, as you might recall when you were talking about that. Yes, yeah, I'll play that just for funsies coming back and the next week.
Speaker 2: I love funsies.
Speaker 3: But uh, Frandy, who messaged you and is a longtime listener, is an employee at King Supers and has asked for solidarity with the unionized members that work there. So don't be a scab, Dan, And that is never have been.
Speaker 1: I used to work on the picket lines and in Chicago it was called Jewel J E W E. L. And I was on the picket lines for United farm Workers. So I'm in the seminary high school seminary in Chicago, and we were trying to save up money so we could go during spring break to visit Caesar Chavez and get out to California. But we couldn't raise enough money. I ended up cattying during spring break. But yeah, so my job with the United farm Workers was I was the gringo who'd got on the picket lines at King Supers. No Jewel, I'm sorry, this is jewel in Chicago. I never heard of King Superstar. I got I thought somebody was joking. So did I say, hey, man, I need to get some pea. Oh go to King Supers after But yeah, I just didn't believe it. But yeah, so I would be on the picket line and then people would be turning in and and we'd be on the picket line and they'd turn away and we'd all clap.
Speaker 2: And then part of my job, and.
Speaker 1: I won't digress on this though I already have part of my job as kind of the designated Gringo, was I would get my parents' old Cornett Dodge Cornet and I would pretend to be driving up and then honoring the picket lines and driving away. So I do that like a hundred times as a role model for other shops. Okay, okay, So I was the shill. I was to pretend the marson who wasn't the mark. Yes, but it was. It was great work.
Speaker 3: I think you just accidentally maybe stumbled upon a new name for the show, the Designated Gringo.
Speaker 1: That's okay, Yeah, tell me what the west Wing says about that eight five five for zero five A two five five takes d a N five seven seven three nine. But those are good memories. Yeah, and I yeah, no my inclination. I honestly couldn't tell you what the issues are right now. But yeah, I'm not I'm not going to break the picket line.
Speaker 2: But I'd love to hear from other people.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there are plenty of good people who are and I'd love to hear your thoughts on that, because I personally don't see it.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't know the details of this strike, but it's hard for me to imagine that these folks are asking for something crazy or exorbitant or whatever. And if I'm wrong on that, I'm the first to admit it. But my just knee jerk reaction is to honor the picket line. A five ur zero five A two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: So yeah, where do I go from there?
Speaker 1: I guess insta kart from somewhere else. Anyway, I got to talk about all sorts of stuff today. I've got to get into the ice raids, the ice raids and some kind of instant classic sound. Here here is a Kusa's story that refers to the fear and uncertainty in immigrant communities.
Speaker 4: This is the day the President Donald Trump's mass immigration raids came to Colorado. One goal was clearly achieved, creating fear and uncertainty in immigrant communities that deportations could happen at any time.
Speaker 1: It's not not to be picky, but if you're here legally, there's no chance of deportation, right. Or I may have missed something. I haven't read the fine print of the bill, but doesn't that have to be part of the story. I mean, if is this a news or commentary piece?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: I think I sent you the sound.
Speaker 3: Is it a news piece or a commentary piece? Because it's a little blurred lines there.
Speaker 2: We know this.
Speaker 1: If it's a news piece, right, just basic journalistic ethics one oh one, you'd have to include that critical fact that the raids are for illegal immigrants. So I assume it's a commentary piece. And then obviously anybody offering this commentaryume would have chosen to leave that critical fact out because it would have hurt their argument.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 4: However, if another objective was met, actually removing a significant number of violent criminals from the streets, a goal that is widely shared by Colorado's community leaders.
Speaker 1: What it has to be commentary, right, And once again, I don't know if it's meant as comedy commentary a goal widely shared by community leaders take dangerous criminal illegal immigrants off the street. Wait a second, what about all these laws that pol As signed, all these laws the left pushed and bragged about, all these laws that severely restrict what law enforcement can do to help ICE take criminals off the street. We're talking about a law that says, once somebody's actually convicted to the point they're on parole, to the point they're.
Speaker 2: On probation, making it.
Speaker 1: Much much harder, if not impossible, for the probation offered to officer to cooperate with ICE. How can anybody make that statement widely supported by the community leaders. No, the Colorado Democratic Party has a bill that is specifically intended to protect criminals people here illegally. You've committed other crimes and are now on probation. So that is it must be men as comedy, some kind of satire, some kind of parody.
Speaker 2: We'll get back to that.
Speaker 1: Eight y five for zero five A two five five text, D N five seven, seven through nine. Are you going to cross the King Soupers picket lines? You're on the Dan Kapla show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 3: What is that song about girls and women's sports and space?
Speaker 6: Dan?
Speaker 1: Come, of course, but we're on the King Supers topic now you yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: We open the show by celebrating that right, monumentally important President Trump promises made, promises kept and the big reason he won the election. That blockbuster, the most effective ad probably since the Daisy Ad in sixty three, you know, and because eighty twenty issue in America at least right, and Scott Jennings has a great riff on that. Let me get to this before I get back to the King super Strike, but the point being that, yeah, no, any sane American right now is going to be opposed to men and women's sports.
Speaker 2: But the Democratic Party, like on so many issues, decides this is going to be the hill they fight and die on, though they could never really explain why.
Speaker 1: I have my own theory on why the Democratic Party became so committed to You are a bigot.
Speaker 2: You will be canceled, you.
Speaker 1: Will be run out of civilized society unless you agree that women are men and men are women, and men can go into women's locker rooms. I mean it became an all out crusade for them, a holy war for them. And I think there were motives, very very powerful motives that went far beyond this issue, because again, no sane person could argue in favor of this garbage men and women's sports, cutting breasts off able body teenage girls. No, no seene person could support any of that. The Left had a bigger purpose here, multi purposes, including including undermining religious freedom, religious liberty, etc. But it was a multi purpose that they pursued through this madness, and fortunately it cost them the election. I think it was maybe the single driving, biggest driving factor and costing them the election.
Speaker 2: But they will not learn from it.
Speaker 7: He's describing what is currently the dumbest strategy in politics, which is Democrats taking the twenty percent side of every eighty twenty issue in America. Usaid people want this pair down, they want to streamline, they want to know where the money is going. Democrats have a meltdown. Today, Donald Trump signs executive order on keeping boys out.
Speaker 2: Of girls sports.
Speaker 7: Democrats take the twenty side of that issue.
Speaker 2: As well all these issues.
Speaker 7: This is like Trump's superpower, finding a bunch of eighty twenty issues getting on the eighty and everybody who sort of reflexively against him gets on the twenty and now the Democratic Party has like a thirty one percent approval rating.
Speaker 1: This is why, what a brilliant point, right, But they're not going to change that.
Speaker 2: They are not going to change that. Now.
Speaker 1: The key is for whoever the GOP nominees are in Colorado for governor and Senate is to absolutely pin down, nail to the wall the Democrat nominee on these eighty twenty issues. Don't let them off the hook, you know, the media let them off the hook, but do not let him off the hook.
Speaker 2: You know, do you believe that men should be in women's sports? Right?
Speaker 1: I mean in all of these eighty twenty issues, Dan says a Texter. Maybe because it was a Democrat like you until old school politics turned me to the GOP twenty seven years ago. I won't cross the picket line either. That from Donna, Thank you, Donna. I did learn during the break that looks like the strike is mainly over inadequate staffing, and the union saying that quote workers are being asked to do the jobs of two three four workers and customers see this lack of staffing in the form of long lines, empty shelves, shuttered departments like delis or meat counters and bakeries.
Speaker 2: According to the Union, Brian and Arvada, you're on the dan Kaplis.
Speaker 6: She'll welcome, Hey Dan.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I won't cross the picket line. I don't even know who's right, But when it comes to disputes on labor, I don't want to get involved. Like during COVID, I knew the mask was stupid and it was completely wrong. So I was that one guy in the store without a mask because I was sure about that. So I set up for what I believed in. But this I just don't have the knowledge of who's you know, what the whole dispute's about, and it's kind of uncomfortable. You kind of want to go for the workers. So yeah, yeah, I guess I'll just stand in long lines at Safeway now, because everybody's gonna be rolling over the Safeway. We're ill gonna have to wait an hour.
Speaker 1: If you tried instacurt from Safeway? Have you tried instacurt from Safeway?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: Have you heard of instacurrent?
Speaker 8: Is it possible?
Speaker 2: My wife turned me.
Speaker 8: On to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just look up the app I n s t a cart and then you can plug in. Dan, you're gonna lose some weight. No, hey, that's that may be the key to happiness, my friend. Thank you for the call. But yeah, instacart, my wife turned me onto it and it's it's a great great savings.
Speaker 2: I but this texture, is it? Right? Dan?
Speaker 1: Instacart is definitely crossing the picket line. The point is to reduce King Super's business to get their attention. Chuck at King Supers Retiree. You're right about that, Chuck.
Speaker 2: I will not be instacarting from King Supers, as much as I love the.
Speaker 1: Store during this strike. I'm going to honor the strike. But if you have not tried instacart, get that app. It is so good and and just not very expensive at all. Be sure to leave a good tip. As a guy who's worked many years for tips, not anymore nobody tips or lawyer? What's that all about?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can we start a little campaign. I'm joking.
Speaker 1: I'm joking it so anyway, I'm tired. Some of these texts are getting too long today, but I sure appreciate the enthusiasm. Dan, Curious woman killed in southern Colorado two and a half weeks ago by animal attack. No news reports. First reports said not a mountain lion. And want to know.
Speaker 2: What the facts are in that. Have you heard about that? Ryan, Nope, Kelly, Chuck, tell me if you guys think this could possibly be just a coincidence, right. Thirty second version of the story. My brother comes in to visit.
Speaker 1: Me while I'm in college or maybe law school, and we're hitchhiking up to Estes Park. Didn't have a car. Then picked him up at the airport with a sign that said Boulder. We're hitchhiking up to Este's Park. Somebody drops us off out in North Boulder, and I'm telling them that, hey, just a not a week or to go. But sometime recently there was a little kid mauled by a pack of dogs, torn completely apart. It was amazing he lived. So we were hoping, Okay, I hope we don't get malt here. Long story short, We're hitchhiking back late that night, like ten or eleven at night.
Speaker 2: We get picked up in Esty's Park.
Speaker 1: We get into both of us getting to the back of this SUV type thing, and Ryan, who do you think is sitting between us in the back of the suv.
Speaker 2: The kid who had been mauled by the wild packet dogs.
Speaker 1: What are the odds on that they'd taken the kid out for some fresh air? What are the odds on that? And this kid he looked like a baseball. I mean, there were stitches everywhere, but God loved me. Was the coolest kid, completely torn apart by that pack of dogs.
Speaker 2: Don't see that much of that anymore. How many texts do it? Which is good?
Speaker 1: How many texts do we have now today on the elk? This is the issue that will not die and I get it. I get why people are so upset about that elk. So we'll follow up on that today. If you're new to the story, beautiful elk, it runs off into this snowfield behind some house and steamboat gets caught in the snow up to its neck gets trapped. That wonderful homeowner calls parks and Wildlife. They won't come to rescue it, which I think is outrageous. Homeowner rescues organized as a posse. In the morning. They come out with shovels to save the animal. While they're eating breakfast. The animal parishes. So that's the story that people are still responding to and my point is, as a civilized society, we cannot allow our government to just say they're going to ignore that animal dying in pain being tortured. Essentially, Dan, they'll probably charge you.
Speaker 2: A picket fee. Is there such a thing?
Speaker 1: What does that even mean? But no, I'm not going to honor the picket line. Are you eight five to five for zero five eight two five five? Then number and when we come back, some very compelling sound about the immigration raids.
Speaker 2: Going on in Denver. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to do it, man, That's that's great stuff.
Speaker 1: At ninety nine percent of what your play I've never heard of, but it's really cool. You know, you should put together some kind of Ryan's playlist, a kind.
Speaker 3: Of I had that idea and I got short circuited because of our our rights do not extend from our on air portion of the show to the digital online pods.
Speaker 2: Which you could write it off. You could host it as a play of service to humanity totally.
Speaker 1: We're waiting on Congressoman Bolbert, this is going to be fun, and Congressman Gabe Evans joins us at five oh six because Gabe has waived onto the House Oversight Committee for the questioning of lawless Mike Johnston and the other Democrats who are going to appear before the committee to talk about sanctuary cities.
Speaker 2: So that is great news that Gabe's going to be there.
Speaker 1: In Congressoman Bobert as well, let me get started with this caller, and then when the congressoman's on the line, guys, just let me know. And I'm sure Scott you'll understand right if I have to put you on pause to talk to the congresswoman.
Speaker 2: But thanks for calling the show. What are you thinking?
Speaker 5: Real quick? Yeah, I'm gonna be real quick. U press release from Jason Crow his website Pro fights Back, Pro fight Back against Trump must usaid elimination. He's going to take the decisive action against Donald Trump and Elon Musk legal dismaniling of the agency.
Speaker 2: And what is that action?
Speaker 5: There? You go, I guess he's just okay with my tax money going to sex changes and Timbuck two.
Speaker 2: And you know what the health what do you have against tim Buck two?
Speaker 1: But here, my friend, is the beauty of this and I hope you can enjoy it. And that is is Jason Crow is clearly trying to position for a run for governor or if hicken Looper steps aside, a run for Senate. And this will be a thing to behold, because what you'll see in action, Scott, is you'll see the Democrats right now eating their own, the Democratic Party aborting itself on the abortion issue more but on identity politics, because.
Speaker 2: What do you got? What do you got?
Speaker 1: You got the Democratic Party in Colorado so high and mighty about how they're so woke, and the rest of us are all these bigots. And then look who holds all the top jobs, you know, except for Griswold, who is just so obviously incompetent. But you got all these old, boring, do nothing, accomplish nothing, white guys holding all these top jobs in the Democratic Party. And I got to tell you that I'm no political professional, but the ones I know say there is.
Speaker 2: A revolt brewing.
Speaker 1: And there are an awful lot of people of color, and awful lot of women within the Democratic Party, and awful lot of them younger who are ready to run these old white guys out of office. So Jason Crow really thinks that if Hick and Hooper steps aside. Oh yeah, the Democratic Party is going to choose another middle age, older white guy. And the only reason I talk in terms of identity is that's what the Democratic Party worships. The opposite of doctor King. They worship identity politics. So Curl right now is living in this fantasy right world, in this bubble with some yes men and women telling him he's the greatest thing ever, believing he really has a chance, and we're going to enjoy this together because you know what, he should be judged on his merit, and based on his merit, he should not hold those top jobs. But the Colorado Democratic Party will not judge on merit.
Speaker 2: They judge on identity politics.
Speaker 1: And they're sick of these white guys hypocritically talking all this DEI stuff and then taking all the top jobs.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I'm glad you're having a Bogart on because I called her office yesterday and I had a suggestion, maybe you can talk to her about US. Matt. We need to get the list of this garbage that's gone to this usaid. This list needs to be it's on the White House, yeah, dot com or whatever it is. But I FI got to the people because it's not going to go They're not going to get deach tales from MSLSD and the Wayne Street Press. But it's got to get to the people because I don't care who you are, ninety nine to so little people are going to be pissed when they see what this money, our tax money's going to.
Speaker 2: Amen, my friend, and listen.
Speaker 1: I just think on a gut level now, just from what people have heard, I think most people are saying, yeah, no, that sounds like a bunch of craziness there. And I'm sure there are some good things, but I don't think you see any broad pushback across America on Trump right now cracking down on us. Eight fascinating, fascinating editorial in the Denver Post, and I'll get some sound that ties into this editorial. Ice walks a thin line in Aurora in Denver as it searches for one hundred quote gang members but knocks on everyone's door. Wait a second, how can can you be critical of them knocking on everyone's door? How else are you going to find these people? You think they all live together in the same apartment. I mean, what do you think goes on there? And this ties into a question that nine News asked of an ICE official.
Speaker 4: This is the day the President Donald Trump's mass immigration rates came to Colorado. One goal was clearly achieved, creating fear and uncertainty and immigrant communities that deportations could happen at any time.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Ryan, can you check me on this? I thought they were only deporting folks here illegally.
Speaker 3: Well he won't even say that. He says without authorization.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean, wait a second, that report just suggested that they're deporting folks here legally.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, he's insinuating and kind of blurring the lines on that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you are a generous man.
Speaker 4: It's not clear, however, if another objective was met, actually removing a significant number of island criminals.
Speaker 1: From the streets. What's a significant number. I know the answer to that. There's only one answer. What's a significant number? Significant number is one?
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 1: It is immoral. It is completely unjustifiable to leave one person on the streets who's here illegally and has committed other crimes. Right, And I'm sure that anybody out there, no matter what line of work, be their reporter or anybody else, would say, yeah, if that one person was going to victimize their family. Yeah, that person should be removed. So that's the answer, even one.
Speaker 4: A goal that is widely shared by Colorado's community leaders.
Speaker 1: Total garbage, Total garbage that the Democratic Party in Colorado has ferociously opposed efforts to deport people here illegally who have not only convicted other committed other crimes. They have been convicted and they're now on probation or parole. Remember police sign that law, sign that law that makes it extraordinarily hard for probation and parole officers to cooperate with ice. So at that point they're fully exposed and it ain't pretty. They are devoted to protecting people here illegally. You've committed other crimes and are on probation. Why would any sane person want to do that? Does anybody have an answer to that?
Speaker 6: What about this category too, Dan?
Speaker 3: This one gets my dander up, and I think I'm to the right of you on this issue, and that is people who filed for asylum claims or adjudicated or refused, lost that claim and then just stick around in our country indefinitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Or how about the folks who have entered illegally after being deported, right, That is a crime at that that is a crime, and those folks I believe should be prosecuted as well. But the starting point, the starting point is the folks here illegally, you've committed other crimes. Because I've said it before, I'll say it again. I know it's not popular, but every person listening knows it's true. And I bet it's the same experience from everybody listening. Some of the very best people I have ever met are in this country illegally. It doesn't mean that the border should be open, it doesn't mean that should be allowed.
Speaker 2: That's just the reality.
Speaker 1: At the same time, some of the worst people to ever set foot in Colorado came into this country illegally, and Jared Poulis and the Democratic Party went out of their way to protect those people, protect those people by tying the hands of probation officers from cooperating with ICE. And I still would like to answer that question, why do you think they did that. It's obviously so societal suicidal, it's obviously so fundamentally wrong placing convicted criminals interest over those of peaceful citizens. Why do you think they did that? I'd love to get your take on that I've got my own theory. This sound gets too long, especially when I'm interrupting it, but it goes.
Speaker 2: On to get to this question.
Speaker 1: The nine News poses to an ICE official, Hey, you know, why are you knocking on every door? And the ICE official says, because people change apartments, people move apartments. We know who we're looking for, but they're not all going to sit in the same apartment. We've got to go find them in the complex. So why would the left be upset about that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: It just goes back to the same kind of dishonesty from the left and their media arm. But there is a critical admission in the Denver Post editorial today that I want to get to you right out of this break. I also want to hear from you if you don't mind, are you going to honor the King Soopers picket lines in the Denver area?
Speaker 2: I am?
Speaker 1: And then Congressoman Bulbert, who's going to be on that House Oversight committee questioning lawless Mike Johnston and other lefty mayors on sanctuary City. We expect now to have her next You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 9: And believe you can't be happy without religion.
Speaker 2: Without that belief, I really believe it. I just don't see how you can be.
Speaker 9: So let's bring religion back. Let's bring God back into our lives. Yeah, and President Trump announcing it. That's same prayer breakfast. A task force on anti Christian bias, long overdue. Glad he's doing it. Let's go to the VIP line.
Speaker 2: She is a warrior.
Speaker 1: Congresswoman Lauren Bolbert, welcome back to the Dan Kapla Show, the place it all started standon.
Speaker 10: It is great to be with you.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you. These have to be particularly fun times for you. Yes.
Speaker 10: So this is incredible because we are seeing President Trump deliver immediately on promises that he made on the campaign trail. Now, obviously President Trump has been on the trail for four years now, just about and he's made many, many promises, and so there are still more to come, and it is up to Congress to codify and make into law what the work that he is doing. But he has been absolutely incredible at the work that he has done so far. And you know, I think in the House we need to even be more aggressive. I've started putting pressure on leadership to bring to the floor daily the executive orders that President Trump has been issuing and start getting actual Congressional votes on him.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 1: And now I think also President Trump continues with this success, which I expect, you may have a bigger majority, well any majority, it'd be a bigger majority, right, but you may have a bigger majority after the midterms.
Speaker 10: Well, don't believe that this next midterm will be like others. Statistically, the party that it has the White House does poorly in the midterms. But President Trump is doing just such an excellent at exposing waste fraud abuse and delivering on his promises securing our country. We're already seeing Tom Homan our borders are get to work with ICE agents and other law enforcement officers in places like Aurora and Denver. And I think that this will be a very exciting midterm election.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this one I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: And you're right about the usual trend obviously, but I think there's been a realignment that's been forced by President Trump, and this success continues. I think it's going to turn the midterm on it said, but let me ask you a Congressmoman, the Oversight Committee, you have lawless Mike Johnston, the mayor of Denver, and other Democrat mayors coming in to try to justify and deny sanctuary city realities. And so you're going to be part of the questioning that day, Can you give us a little preview?
Speaker 10: Yes, so, I will be in the Oversight Accountability Committee hearing and Mayor Johnson has agreed to come before our committee on March fifth, and I have many questions for them. I think one of the most obvious questions is why keep and continue with the sanctuary policies that prevent local law enforcement officers from coordinating with ICE agents. We have seen Mayor Johnston kind of, you know, tiptoe around the issue and say, well, if they were going to come after actual criminal aliens, then we would do everything we could to coordinate with them. But he's not allowing them to go after anyone right now with those policies in place. And as we've heard our new Press Secretary Caroline love It and even President Trump say, if you broke our nation's laws to come here illegally, you are a criminal. And again that's not the focus that ICE has right now as a priority. But we need to quit making excuses and just allow our law enforcement offsters to do their job.
Speaker 1: Amen, And boy, I wish there was a judge there in these committee here in Congress, women who could just like the way they do in courteous crack down on these witnesses who are philipbustering and not answering the question and being deceptive because you're going to ask all the right questions. He's not going to address your question. He's going to philipbuster, he's going to throw deceptive stuff out there. And yeah, I think that's how a witness like him just avoids accountability in these things.
Speaker 10: Sure, and I have four years of experience of that personally now, having witnesses come before us, and especially those who are in political positions or are are federally employed, even there's all sorts of excuses. We've even seen this with the USAID funding and other things where they are questioned and ask where money is going and what it is being spent on, and we're given non answers. So it is up to the men who is controlling the time to do the best that we can to get those answers and ask the right questions. But it is unfortunate that they could come with non answers as well.
Speaker 1: And just pass the buck well and you do great with that. But God love you for it, because I consider myself a real good cross examiner. But you're in a much tougher scenario than I am, because I'm in a courtroom, there's a judge there, there's a jury sitting there, and in your situation, you've got a handful of minutes, no judge to really enforce the rules. You've got to control that witness all on your own without a judge's help, and that takes a lot. So God love you, and I hope you're able to pin Mike Johnston down because if you can get to the truth with him, he is indefensible.
Speaker 10: Yes, I absolutely agree, And you know, if your listeners or you have things that you want answered, specifically, send those my way and I'll be sure to incorporate that in what I have planned to discuss with him. But again, yes, we do have just a few at the peace and we're going to try to get as much information as possible so not only can we expose to Colorado into and Americans throughout the country of what's going on, but also so we could get policy right to ensure that mistakes aren't made in the future.
Speaker 2: Well, I've got a great starting point.
Speaker 1: I mean, as spokesman said yesterday, Johnson's going to say all these he calls them newcomers, unless they're coming into his house in the middle of the night, which nobody should do. But but yeah, he's going to say, hasn't hasn't made the city less safe, hasn't impacted course services. We've got to go now with that music, Congresswoman, But thank you for your time today. Keep up the good work and we'll catch you next time. Thank you so much, by thank you, Take care, Congressoman Laura Bolbert Hey.
Speaker 2: Congressman Gabe Evans joins us after the break. He's already on that star trek in DC.
Speaker 1: But he has been waived onto the Oversight Committee, so he will also have a chance to question Mike Johnston and other sanctuary city mayors. Gave Evans next on The Dan Kapla Show.