Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, welcome home everybody, and welcome back to mister Nathaniel Thompson from Mondo Digital. Thank you for being here.
Speaker 3: Sir, thank you, thank you. Great to be back here again.
Speaker 2: It's been too long, far too long, and even better since the last time we got to meet in person.
Speaker 3: We did out here in sunny lay l At the morning I was.
Speaker 2: About to say to Sunday that day was rough and that was already a long day before the tour that we took running through the Hollywood Cut. How's everything been for you lately?
Speaker 3: Very good, very busy, cranking out commentaries left and right and reviews and all that kind of fun stuff, and trying to keep track of every like what thirty release anum announcements that come out every single day now.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, that's a great, great point. Uh, you know, we'll talk about commentaries in just a minute, I'm sure. But last time you were on here, we didn't spend enough time talking about Mondo Digital. And I think there's a lot of people that still don't understand how useful of a site it is. So when you go through and get a title to review. How much work are you putting into all of these reviews? Just a guestimation on an average amount of time for one review.
Speaker 3: Well, it depends on how he defined review, because I mean something like the Clone, you know, the end of The Clones of Bruce Lead. I mean that takes a week, so right, Yeah, it depends on the movie. But yeah, I mean we're talking several hours to watch it, go through the extras, and I kind of like try to give you a sense of the history behind it and if there's pass releases, I do a lot of comparison grabs and sort of like I don't really do like star ratings or like grade ratings on it because I kind of try to treat the movie by itself and sort of like say, describe in a way that if it would appeal to you, then you'll realize it. So you know, I think you'll remember using decide that movies for them or if this is a good release. I think it should be pretty obvious hopefully. I know some people are just like, well, is it thumbs up or thumbs down? Like it doesn't work like that.
Speaker 2: So with with Mondo Digital, you've been doing this how long now, we're going on.
Speaker 3: Since nineteen ninety eight. Yeah, yeah, good god. Yeah, so in four years it's going to be thirty like I started when I was a little pup. It's crazy, right, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be talking about surprising releases tonight, and I'm excited because this is, first off, such a subjective topic. There's so many reasons something be surprising, and I really wanted to highlight what Mando Digital does because you are you know, the historical aspect is something that not enough people embrace and run to. Gosh, what is the best way to ask this, Like, is there a title that's had so many home video releases that the history portion alone is overwhelming for you to cover other than like Evil Dead or Texas Chaince.
Speaker 3: I'm asking Yeah, Actually, if you look at my reviews for like Phenomena or Opera, I mean they're like books now. I mean it's like it it goes all the way back to like pre lasered beaches and lasers. But there's been so many and they're all different. I mean it, every time they put a new one out, I'm like, oh my god, it's getting longer. And I haven't even done the seven Operacts. I'm waiting for their replacement. But I mean it's that review is probably gonna be like the Record Holder, It's I mean, it's it'll probably take you, like, you know, three hours.
Speaker 2: Just to read the review as far as surprising goes, Uh, what is what is exciting you about releases in twenty twenty four?
Speaker 3: I mean just all the stuff they're finding. I mean it seems like almost every week there's something popping up or I'm you know, things that reader lost or incomplete or or just you know, caught up in legal rights or whatever did they keep untangling. I mean, there's just stuff popping out left and right where I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, how did they do that? Like? How is this coming out?
Speaker 3: That seems like it's happening more and more lately, which makes me very happy. I Mean, there's still obviously some Holy Grail titles that are still locked Inovolve somewhere, but now it's like it kind of gives me hope that just about anything could come out, except for my number one choice that we'll talk about that's never gonna come out here, but we'll get to that later.
Speaker 2: There has been God probably on that note, like seven or eight titles that people have been listing as number one most coveted title on their list for years, and they just keep moving up this year because we keep getting these announcements, like Criterion alone has put out like four or five of them just this year. And yet there are so many things that people are clamoring for, and of course we're all dealing with this in the environment of streaming and the constant back when we were on disc and we're like, well we still are. Yeah. On that note, though, as far as streaming, there's still lots of great stuff happening there, including a recent Shutter show. You were on What did you get to appear on? And date?
Speaker 3: It's a show called Horror's Greatest Episode three has just gone up, but they're dropping the first five episodes or this fall. Then there's gonna be another five coming up early next year. I think that's public knowledge, I hope. And that was a lot of fun to work on. It's kind of like in obviously I was in one season The Ross History of Horror and then The Hunter One Scariest Movements of All Times? Another Shutter show, but this one is a lot of fun. They kind of shaken it up, got some new faces on the ear and it's really cool just if you haven't seen it, but the main title sequence alone is worth it. It's a it's a practical, like clamation animated opening sequence, and the first time I saw it, I just died laughing. It's it's brilliant. Yeah, really really fun show. Very proud to be a part of it. But yeah, on shutter dropping every.
Speaker 2: Week, there has been I don't want to call it a resurgence because it's still only like four, but there's been a great awakening of claymation this year in a few movies that have been so great, and I'm so excited to see fully physical versions of these happening. It's I hope people keep embracing.
Speaker 3: It, including the number one movie at the world wide box office right now, just opened last weekend, has a great clamation scene in it.
Speaker 2: Exactly That's what I was referring to, And funny enough, that's the first announcement we're gonna talk about tonight. Actually great. On that note, you obviously keep up with a lot of films in theater at home reviews, but the big thing commentaries. As somebody that just started doing these myself a little over a year ago, how are you cranking out so many How much time are you putting into every commentary?
Speaker 3: Well, again, it depends on the movie. Like I was, really, I know you covered this, I think on your Last Word one before. But I put a ton of work into the one I did with Troy for Bloodline because that was one I never thought I would actually get to do it. But that movie is fascinated me since I was a kid, and I've just always been into the history and I've dug into like I mean, I've read every screenplay draft that exists everywhere. I mean, I know the history of this thing back wasn't forward. So that one came along and I was like, I was born to do this one. So I put a ton into that, like a lot of work, Like I just did one last night with hard Berger. That was a really fun one. It wasn't like super research intensive, but it was. Yeah, it was a really fun one. But that'll be announced very soon, I think as well can Yeah, so you know, you know, it depends, but at least a few hours, but you know, a few days, it depends. I mean, these like Us was a solo one, so with that obvious or Paradise, so those take a long time, but it's worth it.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's that's the thing. I mean, even Tony just commented it. Nathaniel and Howard are beast When it comes to commentaries. It seems like every single week there are I don't know three commentaries I announced with your name on it. And you start thinking and I'm like, well, I know he works too, How is this possible? How much are you sleeping every night? Well?
Speaker 3: It's weird though, because like sometimes they'll know I mean, well, okay, so like in Australia they announced the Plansky Box which had the commentary for the ninth game, but I did a Troy but that was like a year and a half ago that we did. But I mean, so, I mean, I don't think people know. Like sometimes they're sitting on the sholf for a long time, you and I'm like, is this ever coming out? Like yeah, so you never know. So when they come out as necessarily even close to the order that they get done in there.
Speaker 2: Are i mean three of my first four commentaries the films haven't been announced or release yet. They were recorded last summer. That stuff happens all the time. It's crazy. Yeah, Yeah, Bloodline is great. Cannot wait to be able to see that one and actually hold it. That's one that I feel like I've been hearing about for years and people speculating what's going on with it, and now that it's here, it doesn't seem possible. But I'm excited about that.
Speaker 3: I'm just the fact they put the TV version on there because that oh, like, yeah, that is so essential. I'm really glad they cleared that up because I had to be on there.
Speaker 2: Well, and you obviously love a lot of the stuff, just like all of us watching. Have you had any recent pickups that you're excited about anything that you've got in recently? Oh? God, yeah, what do I have on my shelf here? I'm looking over here.
Speaker 3: Well, I've only got all this UK second run things like Inside and Frontiers, and uh I was slacking on those, so I finally grabbed all those buddinggar from Beijing the UHD just got Obviously, I got a bunch of UK stuff in the mail. As you can tell. That's what I'm staring at right now. Yeah, there's a lot. So yeah, I'll be taking and all that stuff later this week. And I'm not reviewing things, but and you know, it's got a big box of partner label pictures and stuff to review, so I just did. Actually one of my picks I just reviewed. I'm not gonna say what it is, but uh yeah, a lot of good stuff in there too.
Speaker 2: I will say. Everybody needs to go check out Mondo hyphendigital dot com. All of the reviews are up there. The newest ones, I believe, stay on the top of the main site. Right yeah, newest one I believe at the moment, A second run's Pharaoh from over in the UK. Not anymore. No, No, I just did want to.
Speaker 3: I posted one about an hour ago, which will tell you what one of my picks is because I wanted to get I wanted to have it up before the show. So if you want to sneak peek, go look at the site.
Speaker 2: I see it. Uh uh, did not mean to spoil that. Uh yeah, this is this is so such a good sign that I refer back to so often, And it's one of those things that because of that historical aspect, you can find out like which edition is better, why is this edition here? What are we missing? And I mean we're covering some of that in the magazine I published that there's certain films that you should hold on to certain releases because the four K has no special features, but there was hours and hours of special features on the DVD, so hold on to it. So stuff like that is why I love Mono Digital always have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I mean, and don't just rely on me. I mean, that's it's something you should know in general. I know people have been having headaches trying to sort of out, like Pat Yourrett and Billy the Kid, like, yeah, do not get rid of your DVDs, folks, like you need you need the criterion, You need the DVDs like they're you can't have the whole thing without because each one has different cuts. And I mean yeah, like the average consumer, I mean it's it kind of gives you a headache trying to follow this stuff sometimes. So but yeah, you gotta pay attention. Don't get rid of your old discs, uh, you know, unless you're absolutely sure right. Speaking of the UK, I got an order of three UK items from the Atomic Movie Store today. I got in the in Sandy's four K that one on one put out, which they are have you have you reviewed much from.
Speaker 2: Them on and off?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I've done a few tracks for them.
Speaker 2: As well. They are I don't know, like hit and miss with quality on some of the discs, and I hear in Sandy's is one of the hits, and that's why I waited to find out on that one. But there's been a couple that have just not been up to what I would want for that movie, and I still hope for something better. This one was supposedly selling really well, and after waiting for some people that I trust on the reviews, had to pick up the Arrow Silent the Lambs four K. Yeah, I go into this thing. Is way chunkier than I expected. Interesting that they're going with the slip around the whole hard box thing, but one that I've been excited about all this last year and this year, Radiance continues to impress people, and I had to get in the World War Volume two box sets. These are fran Is doing special things for Radiance, and I'm very excited because it seems like some of these titles would have fit very well because he was with Arrow under the Arrow Academy line, or even under regular Arrow with some of the titles that they used to put out. But Arrow's kind of shifted into this mainstream focus and now Fran's back to save the Day. It feels like, and even we're gonna talk about a bunch of eighty eight film stuff tonight that they've kind of filled in some of these niches that Arrow would have done probably a good four or five years ago. So I don't know. There's a lot of exciting stuff happening over in the UK right now.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well everywhere. It seems like between them Australia, Germany, it's like they're killing my wallet.
Speaker 2: It's very, very true. Other than pickups, what you been watching recently? Anything exciting?
Speaker 3: Well, I saw the movie that we're gonna announce we're gonna cover. I saw the theater obviously, well let's spoil that. The first title we're talking about is Beetlejuice, Beetled. What'd you think about it? I really enjoyed it. Actually, I had heard sort of mixed things, so my affectations were just sort of like right in the middle. I understand people's misgivings because if you look at it, if you're expecting like a coherent, like three act movie, you're not really going to get that. But it's sort of Tim Burton but just having a real full throttle Tim Burton movie just kind of made me just grin. I mean, I was just so happy because I've been i mean everything like post Swinny Todd had been kind of like so, but this really felt like him from back in the saddle. But I just had a really great time with it. I mean, just the Wilm of the Foe stuff alone just had me just howling. I mean, there's some gags with him. They're great that have the audience. I don't think a lot of people didn't even seem to catch some of the jokes, which is too bad. But yeah, I was just giving like crazy through a lot of it. And the music is great.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just had a really fun time with it. I kind of with one brand new one this last week, I've got to see Jeremy Solomier's Rebel Ridge that premiered over on Netflix. How'd you feel about that one? I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I thought it was an interesting well, I mean, it's not really spoiler to say that, to do it like a sort of an action pack thriller, Well, that's non lethal. I guess which again, people compared it to First Blood, is that's the same thing, because you know Ramma doesn't technically kill anybody in the course of that movie, and this kind of does the same thing.
Speaker 2: Right, But yeah, I thought it was good.
Speaker 3: It's it's kind of an interesting hybrid of like kind of a legal procedur rule with like bookend with action scenes. Yeah, but yeah, I really liked it. I thought that actors, all the leads are really great. I was just talking about this with the Bruce pultcheck. The only thing I can't figure out is why it's called Rebel Ridge because they only actually go to that location for about half a minute, but it has nothing to do with the plot. So it's kind of like, I guess you're trying to make it like Chinatown is a metaphor, but I'm not sure what that metaphor is.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I've always loved Jeremy's Solnier stuff. I feel like his style fits with my taste a lot. For some reason, I thought the action on the first half was great. The conspiracy thriller side that hits right about the halfway point. It really slows it down for a minute, but at least it's interesting. I won't like complain necessarily that we went from high voltage action to storming into a courthouse at night in the middle of nowhere. But yeah, it worked well. And again, the acting was incredible. I'm really happy with mostly no name faces that you've seen before. There's a couple that you'll probably recognize, but that's that was it. It was a lot of people that are just small time character actors really killing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it actually kind of goes against the cliches in some ways.
Speaker 2: I liked.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, it assumes you've seen these movies because there's there's a again not spoiling it, but there's kind of the character they called Cerpiico, who's like an informer. Yeah, and they kind of assume that you're going to expect something and you think you predict it, and they're like, actually and they kind of like reverse it on you. I was like, Okay, thank you, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was special. And then I also I got a good chance to watch a lot of stuff with my kids this week. We don't tend to be able to see a ton of movies during the week, but we went to a friend's house this last week and who watches the show What's going On? Ben? And we projected on the side of his uh, like shed outside. Muppets take Manhattan for a ten year old, a nine year old, and a seven year old, or in an eight year old, and it crushed. They all loved it. It was such a damn good time. It was the perfect temperature outside. Absolutely loved it. And I was so happy because we got in the car and my oldest went, we need to watch more Muppets and I was like, Victory, you have to. It's uh, it's on the list for soon. Uh. And then we checked out School of Rock. My kid has never seen that, and that's like a perfect movie for me. Literally beat for beat, just wonderful. And then finish it up the for This Last Week with Batman returns. Haven't seen that in years and that is such a weird movie. I love it. But man, my kids were like, this is a Batman movie.
Speaker 3: Probably not the right time year to watch it though, and it's such.
Speaker 2: A good no no, but well, if you're yearning for the cold, it's a fun.
Speaker 3: One right yeah, exactly, So I got I remember I saw him this stake had in the theater when I was a kid. But like I remember, like the Muppet baby scene, the flashback like just brought the house down when I was the whole theaters went nuts during that whole scene. You could barely even hear the songs. People were just like dying. Yep, so did that still work?
Speaker 2: It did work. My I had shown my kids Muppet Babies on this is gonna sound ridiculous, but on a really low quality bootleg disc like two years ago, and all they know from that show, like they barely even remember Kermit being in it, but they loved the theme song, and so we get to see it in the show and they were like Muppet babies, they remembered it all of a sudden. It was so perfect. I feel like they loved it. I God, I had a blast. It was so much fun. All right, let's get on to our announcements. Then we'll talk more about releases from this year and some other stuff going on. Afterwards, we'll talk about some of the Thaniel's commentaries as we go through, of course, because I'm sure there's about fourteen being announced this week. First up, Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice is getting a Glow in the Dark four K steelbook. I know this was confusing for some people because it looks like there's two slipcovers. This is a double sided slipcover and this is just a weird looking three D mock up here. So you're gonna have Yonah on one side and Michael Keaton on the other of this Glow in the Dark Steel book. But it seems like a lot of people are happy with the film, so I hope people get this if they want it.
Speaker 3: And I see Bob gets on the packaging because he kind of steals the movie too.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I had to all over the inside of that. Then after that this kind of came out of nowhere. I'm just gonna ask you if you know anything about this. October First, D and D Productions is giving us Billy Bevin, Silent Comedian from nineteen twenty to nineteen twenty nine. I've never heard of these people. Supposedly it was a Kickstarter title a couple of years ago. News to me, but I'm intrigued. Silent shorts. They're doing a little box set. There are going to be I believe, two different discs in this. They've got some bonus shorts in there. This is region free. You can pick this up on Amazon, and I'm sure a lot of the other places will have it, like Orbit and Diabolic as long as they're carrying it, which I think they will be. Yeah. Eighty eight Films announced a ton of stuff in this last week, so we're gonna be covering them in like two big chunks. First October twenty eighth in the UK and October twenty second in North America that includes Canada. They're giving us a blu ray of The Kung Fu Instructor from nineteen seventy nine. This is going to have a slipcover on it with four collector's art cards, and we've got a trailer, stills, gallery, and not much else on it. But this is a movie that I know a lot of people love, and I'm glad this is coming out, and the artwork is pretty dan great on this. Yeah, great cover.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I yet their Martialage releases are great, so yeah, I have total confidence in this.
Speaker 2: One is artwork by seventeenth and Oak. I don't know that I've ever heard of seventeenth and Oak, I don't know. Good job, yeah, very good job. Next one is The Kid from Kwang Tongu. This is coming on the same dates October twenty eighth in the UK, twenty second in North America. It's a blu ray. We've got a slipcover and art cards on this one as well, and again very few special features. We've got a trailer in Still's Gallery. That's it, but it'll be region free since it's releasing in both places. And of course this is a Shaw Brothers title. I know there's a bunch of people picking up all of those right now.
Speaker 3: There are, and they still have only gone to like ten percent of the Shaw Brothers.
Speaker 2: Like I was about to say, there are so many coming out. People are pouring hand and fists to make money to be able to buy all these, and we're barely even into the barrel to be able to get these.
Speaker 3: Like they've still barely done the crime movies, so we got a long way to go.
Speaker 2: Next one is Facets of Love from nineteen seventy three. Same thing October twenty eighth, UK, twenty second in North America. This one obviously cover in art cards as well. This one is an HD transfer from the original leg with the trailer in Stills Gallery and that's it. But art looks good on this one. Glad people will have this one. I'm kind of surprised they're not going all in for some of these special features this one. Shaw Brothers as well.
Speaker 3: By the way, Yeah yeah, everythink with the Shaw start they could go nuts with it. But you know, at least they're coming out.
Speaker 2: That's very very true. Then this is a pretty big title. November twenty fifth, eighty eight Films is releasing This is UK only a four K and Blu ray release of Eyeball from nineteen seventy five. And you have the opportunity to buy this eighty eight Film Site exclusive rigid slipcase with the original poster art, or you can buy this standard slipcover that will be available everywhere else. They're both pretty damn great. I love the original on this one, but the new art that got is pretty decent. It is, and I'm on that one. You are on this one, so brand new four K remaster from the original Technoscope negative. This one is gonna have a commentary by the three Amigos, Troy Howard, Nathaniel Thompson and Eugenio eric Alani. We had a commentary by Kim Newman and David Flint commentary with hystery continues. Are all three of those brand new too.
Speaker 3: I believe I think some of it was on the on their previous Blu Ray, But yeah, a lot of this stuff is new.
Speaker 2: Interview with Martine Royd De Troy did.
Speaker 3: A solo one on the old one, so that's yeah, So it's all getting updated.
Speaker 2: Three new commentaries for iball that's crazy. Interview with them Back to Lenzi visual essay by Mike Foster Locations FEATURETTE. I believe a couple of those were on the original release. But your commentary for this one, what can we expect to hear about?
Speaker 3: Oh, we have a lot of fun with this one. I mean this this movie is just such a joy. I mean, this is one of the most fun jolly out there. I wouldn't say it's like the best technically, and it's not deep red, but oh my god, it's so entertaining. We had a great time with this one, and it's kind of become a running joke. Aus Troy and I have done, like I think, more in Bertel Lindsay commentaries than any other director that we've tackled. For some reason. But yeah, pretty much anytime we tack do we do an umberto Now it's always just a you know, a causer celebration. But yeah, we really really enjoyed.
Speaker 2: Doing this one. I I'm excited for this one. I don't think this has had well, hold on before I put my foot in my mouth. Has this had a US release on Blue? Never?
Speaker 3: Now hasn't been out here since VHS?
Speaker 2: Wow? Do we know why or is there?
Speaker 3: Apparently they have not yet determined who owns it. As far as I'm aware, I've never seen a pop up on any Licenser's list. I guess because it was Josep Brenner. It's kind of like falling into some hole like cause like autopsy and like tors and all that stuff like those of all you know been cleared up. But yeah, eyeball is a mystery one in the US for some reason. Hmmm, very interesting.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's see Chris is asking if this is missing the eighty minute doc from the old release. I don't see it listed here.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's on there.
Speaker 2: Interesting, So again we this before, hold on to the old release that you got it. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: With a lot of eighty eight narrow stuff, it's like keep your old discs because yeah, they tend to like swap extras out like crazy.
Speaker 2: Makes it rough. Another big one. The twenty fifth of November four K and Blu ray in the UK is the legend of Fongsai You collection. There is going to be these individual cover arts on both films, and then this is the outer box, a couple of jet Lee films. This is gonna have a rigid slipcase with new art by Kung Fu Bob, very specific style as always for him. Two single digipacks in there with a forty page booklet with articles by James Oliver, Paul Braml and David East. This is gonna have a commentary by Chris Paggiali and Frankie Balboa, interview with Corey Un Kwai and an interview with the writer Jeff Lao. This looks like a pretty solid release. The second film is gonna have a comment excuse me, commentary as well, region free because it's four K. I'm very very excited about this. Jelly's having a hell of a release here.
Speaker 3: No kidding, especially the UK. They're going like UHD crazy with him, So it's great bringing on.
Speaker 2: These are both very good movies, says Brian. And then Eyeball is a rare Lindsey attempt at self conscious satire. Hilarious.
Speaker 3: It is definitely a satire most absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is great. Looks like a really solid release. Yeah, excited for this one. What is next? Uh? Via Vision in Australia is running a replacement program for the substitute collection, and the sad thing is there's been a couple replacement programs that we have missed covering over the last few months, so I want to make sure that we got it. We got two in this last week alone to cover. But this one was really bad. They got sent an HD master that was full on missing scenes. It was a I believe the TV cut and that hurts this film. And this is a This is a box that people were really excited for because again I don't think there's any HD releases of this anywhere else that are legal releases at least yeah, any streaming. Yeah, that's a very exciting release. If you are needing a replacement, they will be sending it out. You can email them and just provide proof of purchase and your postal address. They think it'll be shipping in October. This one such an interesting choice for a slip on. This November twelfth, Arbelows is releasing two duo from nineteen ninety seven. This is the poster art that people will probably recognize. This is gonna have the limited edition slipcase that will be die cut on the front there with that number two. If you buy it from their website with that slip it'll come with this number two air freshener as well. Hilarious. Arbilos always does great. We're exciting to see this. This is gonna have a new video interview with the director. We've got Sue's feature link student film from nineteen eighty four, a silent short film from nineteen eighty six, another short film commissioned by the Gianju International Film Festival from two thousand and two, short introductory film about the children meet Cinema from twenty nineteen. They just got to put everything they could on here. And then we've got a new essay called two to Tango by Jonathan Rosenbaum in a sixteen sixteen page booklet. This is pretty damn cool.
Speaker 3: So is this only the second disc release that comes with an air freshener that I can think of?
Speaker 2: Oo, there's gotta be. I think Air forty four forty four did one?
Speaker 3: I can't remember because I know the Burt Reynolds Australian Box have one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this might be like number four five, It should have an more offen. Ronnie says, do you really want your car to smell like number two? That's a great question. Yeah, that always happens. Paul says he picked up the substitute collection and then the very next day they announced the replacement. Ask oh, man, I wonder if they will be doing some sort of black light art for the minimalist slip cover. Its possible. They did that for Chameleon Street, which is again really solid disc from ar Blows. Ar Blows. I'm sure you've watched quite a few of their discs over the years. Are you pretty happy with their stuff? Any favorite? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, oh yeah, yeah. Their track record is really good, really solid.
Speaker 2: They do a lot of great extras and kind of just put as much as they possibly can because they know it'll probably be the last release from any of these films. Yeah, that's safe to say. Another eighty eight Films release November twenty fifth on Blu Ray in the UK. Black Cat two coming in one of their deluxe hard box releases. This is gonna be one of their slim hard boxes, so it'll still be a rigid case, but it'll be better on your shelf. This is going to have an audio commentary by Frank Jang and Robin Shoe interview with Jade Lung on this interview with Robin Shue as well. We've got some credits and a trailer in Cantonese and in English and the stills gallery. I know a lot of people were waiting on this because they did such a solid Black Cat release, and I just found out this week that I didn't even know this was the case. But there's a Black Cat three and Black Cat for Did you know about that? I know they exist. I've not seen them, but yeah, I don't think they've ever had HD releases, so I'm curious if there's any any indication those might be coming someday. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I understand they're not on the same caliver as the first two.
Speaker 2: But no, I think they're in name only. Gotta love it, moving right along, muppets joke. October twenty ninth, Pino is releasing Deadly Circuit from nineteen eighty three. This is gonna have a new audio commentary with Daniel Kramer. He just mentioned that he did this one and very excited about this. The stars Isabella Johnny. I have never seen this movie and it seems like you're excited about this. Can you tell us about man, this is a cool movie. I'm really glad this is happening.
Speaker 3: This was out on Blu ray in France for like a minute and then it was out of print before I could even get it, and I was so mad that I missed it. So and I'm glad I waited. Yeah, this is a really great one. This was actually remade very controversially in the US, as I have The Beholder with actually Judd and you and McGregor. This is a much more coherent film, uh that one turned out. Now, this is a very very cool one. I love this movie. Funny thing is I knew it was coming because I actually bumped into Daniel. We crossed Pazer at the Academy Library overt Beverly Hills, and he was coming to pull research on this and I was pulling it on the one that I just did with Howard last night, so well back, so yeah, just funny timing. So yeah, as soon as he said he was working on this, I was very very happy. This is a really, really great one.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Daniel, you were interviewed in his new dock, right, I am, yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Sylvia Nortono doc that's gonna be coming out on a release from Imprint or no indicator. Sorry indicator, sorry, go in print. Yeah it's Imprint.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, sorry. I saw the title card at the beginning of the dock.
Speaker 3: It's definitely yeah yeah sorry yeah yeah and the second guess myself, I was tream over the logo.
Speaker 2: I I'm very excited for people to see it. The documentary is so well put together, and god, he is passionate as hell about it. Yeah. Speaking of, we're gonna be talking to Daniel soon about the documentary. We'll be discussing that with everybody excellent. Next, Keena Lover putting out Played again Sam from nineteen seventy two. Now, I have never been a Woody Allen person. This is coming with the four K scan of the OCN. How do you feel either about Woody Allen as a whole or about this film.
Speaker 3: Well, this isn't really a Woody Allen movie, so that's got that going for it.
Speaker 2: He's only in it.
Speaker 3: It is kind of like the Front it's one that he stars him, but it's a Herbert Ross movie.
Speaker 2: So I actually love this one.
Speaker 3: This is kind of a movie for Castle Blanka fans obviously as you talk to the title. But I saw this one when I was a kid. I've always had a sauce spot for it. This is one of the one of the silly ones. But this one's a lot of fun. If you don't like Woody Allen, you're probably not gonna enjoy this because it's you know, it's im riffing on bogie. So but yeah, I really like it, and it's yeah again, it's very funny. They used show this on TV all the time back in the nay eighties, and yeah, it was just kind of like one of those like, you know, warm blanket movies you just kind of throw on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really like this one. Gotta love those warm blanket movies. Next World one is The Killer Whale Orca The Killer Whale coming on four K from you Know Soon. This was just recently released by Studio Canal in the UK on four K, so you can bet it's likely the exact same four K transfer I party it. They I don't know if they're gonna port over all the extras from the Studio Canal. They've been kind of picky and choosy about those lately, but they likely record another new commentary for it. That's just what they've been doing for every release. Yeah, coming soon, and since Studio Canal's done with it, I either they probably put this out soon or they wait until like next May to capitalize on the summer rush. Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 3: Although if they don't have the leagu Gamma track on there, that would be a real shame. But you know, he's obviously the guy that you would go to for this one, and that's not gonna happen again.
Speaker 2: So Yeah, on four November fifth, Paramount is releasing White Christmas on four K. This is the nineteen fifty four Bing Crosby film and one that I'm kind of surprised they didn't go a little more all out on. How do you How do you feel about fifty four's White Christmas? I like the movie.
Speaker 3: It is not much of a Christmas movie, though, Like I know, people keep recommend it, like they like they always screen in La here on Christmas time, and I'm like, you realize you're only get in like five minutes of Christmas in the movie, right, I Mean, it's really not a whole lot here, but it's it's a beautiful film. It was shot in Best division. They the four K restoration has been up on like I have I have Claude Escape here so you can watch. You can see the master up that they've had.
Speaker 2: For a little while.
Speaker 3: It looks great, it looks spectacular. Anything best division scanning four K looks just ridiculously good. And this that's the case as well. So they have this a look amazing. Again, they could have gone heavy on the extras, but you know, hey, I'm goin. They're finally putting it out dust Yeah, heat wave with a snow cameo exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great title. Oh man, next up, this one's pretty cool. October twenty eighth, Fabulous Films over in the UK is releasing The Paddington Bear the Complete Collection. This is going to be coming on Blu Ray and they're doing a really like cute little pop up version as well. The other standard version is here and it's like eight dollars cheaper, but if you really want to go all in, you can get this little pop up cover on it. They're going to have a couple of restored features on here, and this is going to include let's see Barry Leath the film fair animator feature on it as well. I remember watching some of these when I was younger. I always liked these. Yeah, that's really cool. Baggaging too. They went all in on the animation style. I love when companies do something like that's really neat. Speaking of the UK, Vertigo releasing over there is putting The Beast from twenty twenty three out on Blu ray on October twenty first. No extras on this as far as I can tell, but I have heard that this one is a pretty decent movie. Did you get a chance to see this one? I did.
Speaker 3: It's actually it's streaming on the Criterion channel right now, maybe a month ago, so I watched it there.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 3: It's it's a pretty cool It's it's grim, but it's a cool little movie. So I assume Criterion is going to be putting out a blue ray of it at some point. That's pretty sim That was an extras. So yeah, I'm not gonna wait you if you're playing on importing.
Speaker 2: Could be on their Janus Contemporaries line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would almost bet on it. Yeah, because I think they flied out on.
Speaker 2: It over here. Yeah, uh, I totally forgot. This was this week November nineteenth, Paramount is also releasing the Zazz Collection on four K with Airplane, Top Secret and the Naked Gun. Now this is this is cool, But I've had a lot of people commenting, I would only buy this if it had both of the Naked Gun sequels and the Airplane sequel on four K. First off, sure we'd all love that, but second, it wouldn't be zas the collection because it wasn't Zazz working on all of those. So I get it. But they went all in to get these three on here. I'm glad we're gonna get this release. A couple of these have not been on a four K yet, so this is a big deal. This is exciting. Which one of these three is your favorite? Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, I gotta go with Airplane because I mean it's one of the funniest movies ever made.
Speaker 2: But I love the other two.
Speaker 3: But folks, I mean, if you know the history is as they tried to put Airplane two on here, like they would go over and they would bring the studio down. That's not gonna happen because they were pissed off of that movie even got made, So.
Speaker 2: Ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 3: But I mean, the big news here obvious he's getting top secret in four K because the airplane four K Master has been out for a while again streaming. I mean, obviously it looked better on UHD fingers crossed. But yeah, I finally get doing top secret. That's that's really cool because that just has some brilliantly funny stuff and I'm so glad they're doing it, and that they tried to make the Blue Rey look as good as they could with that old Master, but it was pretty limited. So this was really really much needed.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the four K Master. Does it look better for top secret? I don't know, I know which.
Speaker 3: It just needed so desperately because that Blu Ray. They took the old HD Master at the Lease Blue Range and they tried to like spip it up and it was like, here, come on, guys, you can do better than this, and they.
Speaker 2: Did so well, and it's paramount. Paramount's kind of been hit or miss over the last couple of years. I'm really hoping that this is knocked out of the park.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I'm still like terrified to catch a thief, but that's going to.
Speaker 2: Be I mean, it's supposedly same scan, new restoration, so I don't know what that means. I will tell.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Next up Cohen Media Group, who is like a partner label or distribution partner of Kenolber. Uh. They are putting out merchant Ivory, and I see that this is flat up missing the date. It's the same date as this next one, which is also missing the date. Whoops, let me pull that up while we talk about this. But this is a documentary about merchant Ivory. And this is going to have interviews with Emmati, some Helen and Bona Parter, Hugh Grant, Vanessa Redgrave, hero Yuki Sonata. We got some deleted scenes. We've got an introduction from the New York Indian Film Festival, another conversation from a film festival. This is pretty cool. I'm really excited to see this. Yeah, I want to see this too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They were kind of part of my childhood growing up, so yeah, I'm really looking more to this.
Speaker 2: Well, and Coen Media Group does not get enough attention. They put out some really great stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah they do, they really do. And yeah, they sort of had like a lull with their merchant Ivory stuff some weather getting back to it, I guess because they were waiting on with the doc, but you know, they kind of went guns blazing there for a little while and then got really quiet.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I guess ano. They're back at it again. And this one is coming out on November twelfth. That's the date I finally was able to find it. This next one is also November twelfth. This is Roseland from nineteen seventy seven, also Cohen Media Group. This is going to come with conversations from the Quad. James Ivory and Larry Kardish discussed the making of this. Christopher walk and Teresa Right, Geraldine Chaplin, lu Jacobi. I have never seen this, but this sounds fantastic. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have only seen this on like really crappy vhs, So I'm really curious how this is gonna play.
Speaker 2: Very very interested to see it. Christopher Walkeett looking mighty young on the cover of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very that's like, yeah really really William Oh oh yeah.
Speaker 2: This was what seventy seven? Jeezus, this was like pre Deer Hunter. Oh that's true. Next up, Keena Luber November twelfth. Triumph of the Spirit with Willem Dafoe and Edward James almost from nineteen eighty nine. Hell of a slipcover on this. They went with a nice evocative scene on this. This is a powerfully moving boxing drama that takes place during World War Two at the Auschwitzen Tournament camp. Willem Dafoe stars as Solomo, a roots and turned at the death camp with his family and friends, which include Edward James, Almost and Robert Loggia. He's forced to fight fellow inmates to amuse the guards. The loser assents to the gas chamber. Solomo's prowess in the ring is both the salvation and his nightmare, as his hollow victories condemned others to death. Still, he fights on, hoping he might somehow save his father, his friends, perhaps even his soul. Audio commentary on this one with Manuela Lasik and this to me seems like a must. Yeah, this is a cool movie.
Speaker 3: Again, I haven't seen this since VHS like back in the day, but yeah, this is a cool one.
Speaker 2: Actually.
Speaker 3: I always hated the title though it's so generic, but it's a much cooler moving you think from the title that's just awful.
Speaker 2: Well, and with the synopsis you would think it would be a little more emotional of a title. I guess. Yeah. Interesting. Next up Arabesque, which came out on blueberray from Keno about three three and a half years ago. Getting a four K from Keno. This is a brand new UHD SDR Master from Universal four K scan of the OCN. Everything else on here I believe is the original, including a commentary with Nathaniel Thompson and Howards Berger and Steve Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed that was a fun one to do. And yeah, I'm my god, the blue ray alone was psychondelic enough. I can't imagine this is going to look in foro K. It might be a blessing. This doesn't have HDR actually because it might like blow your projector up. But yeah, this movie is very visually overwhelming if you haven't seen it, for like Stanley down and just goes nuts with like the crazy lenses and colored lighting and everything.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, this one's a treat. I have to imagine you probably recorded that commentary a good four four and a half years ago at this point at least.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they had a lot of fun with it. I remember that we've enjoyed doing that one. It was it right here at my house for recording.
Speaker 2: Miss nice RaRo is putting out a couple of films that they've released through Radiance in the UK, and they are now releasing it with Keno here in the US, including this November fifth release of The Italian Connection. A lot of people commented that this was something that was part of a collection before, like we all didn't know that this is a brand new four K remaster that got got way better reviews than the old release of this because the box set release they did of the Delao stuff was very not great scans of the films it was before Rero was able to get really in there with some better equipment. This one also has an audio commentary with Sam Degan on it and Archima documentary Roots of the Mafia. This looks like a hell of a great release, Yeah it does.
Speaker 3: And yeah, boy, this one need a new scan really badly.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and that UK one has done very well for people, so excited to see this. Speaking of replacement programs, a little while ago, Phil Movement has announced that Green Fish from their Poetry of Lee Changdong box set that they just did, there was a master problem. So if you watched your disc, your disc probably looked fine, but it was just an older master. They were supposed to have released a newer HD Master and they didn't like what was on the disc, so they're gonna be sending you a brand new one. If you ordered this through Vinegar Scendroime, it will just come with your next package. Next up is the other one from Rero the Boss, coming out on Blue on November twelfth. This is another new four K restoration from the Ocen, another audio commentary by Sam Degan, and another archival documentary, Mafia Stories, this one also with Henry Silva, and again the Kenolber sales or on release day. Whatever feels like this absolutely deserves a pickup. Italian Chevy Chase definitely looks like him on the cover, which one yes, at different stages of life.
Speaker 3: That's like community Chevy Chase on the right.
Speaker 2: Oh man, this is the announcement that rocked the world earlier this week November, Fourth Studio Canal is releasing The Third Man on four K as part of their Vintage Classics line. A four K collector's edition of this that looks first off beautiful but second off massive, like this is something that will take up half of a shelf by itself. Let's go through some of this first off pop up rigid box packaging and when you open it, the Third Man theme plates that's insane. Sixty four page booklet with brand new essays, fully annotated shooting script is in this four art cards. A poster of the brand new artwork. There is an excerpt from a BHP audio interview filmmaker's influence on The Third Man, restoring the Third Man audio commentary, Joseph Cotton's alternate opening, A bunch of old archival extras, and yeah, lots of stuff coming. I'm assuming this is gonna look absolutely stunning in four K, but holy god, the size of this project.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised it doesn't actually open up and have like a zepther inside that you can actually play like the opening credits. You know, that would be great. Maybe the next time.
Speaker 2: They can do the AKA as somebody that loves these releases, how do you feel about these giant freaking box that's for one film?
Speaker 3: Uh, I appreciate the effort. If it's too big, it kind of asked to go into storage somewhere. But yeah, I mean there's I mean, this is fine. Actually, I mean I only get peeved when it's something like the Criterion. God's the whole thing, or it's just a shape that absolutely will not fit anywhere, like there's no shelf. Yeah, and I think, well, accommodate this thing. So at least they're considered making it kind of sort of over slightly over disc sized, so you know, at least you can do It's it's huge, but you know it's not too and Willy, I think at least, like, yeah, it's it's weird. Do you think how far we've come with this movie though? Like, do you remember way back when Criterion did the very first blue ray of The Third Man, Like how rough that thing looked? Yep, I mean because I was like in their very first batch when like they hadn't really gotten the compression thing down. But like that and like Last Metro and all those, I mean those look really bad, but they were like so super compressed and Third Man like it was a grainy scan anyway, we don't think it was just like super chunky. So yeah, and then yeah, it just keeps getting better and better and better. So I can't wait to see it in four K. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: Reggie is saying, I'm afraid to hear the price if you order it from Amazon UK and you're in the US, it's about sixty five dollars shipped. If you order it over in the UK, it's oh gosh, I think it was like forty seven pounds something like that, and then if you order it from a US retailer you're Atomic Diabolic Orbit. They are priced at seventy two dollars at the moment, which that's a lot for one film. It's not Never Ending Story from Australia a lot, but it's a lot for one film. That's for sure.
Speaker 3: Still cheaper than The Islands Expanded on Blue Ray.
Speaker 2: That is true. It's also this crazy addition is cheaper than the out of print Criterion Blu Ray, so that's true. That's true. Next up, brand new, exciting release from Fun City Editions. We don't have a release date on this yet, but they are putting out a two disc Blu Ray of something that they are calling Welcome to Fun City. This is gonna have a strictly limited slipcover that is only on their website and it's a collection of about two hundred theatrical trailers, TV spots and radio spots sourced entirely from fresh scans of original film and audio materials. It's a first of its kind document of New York as it appeared on film during the Fun City era. Each trailer and TV spot is accompanied by a unique, optional audio commentary track from a varied roster of esteemed film journalists, programmers, academics, historians, podcasters, and everybody, including people like Bill Ackerman, who's announced that he's a part of this, and our friend Chris O'Neil is also a part of this. Are you on any of these? I guess I am not. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've rather merciful and like, let people only do a few trailers apiece, because yeah, Howard and I did a commentary for one of those garage house action trailer comps. It was like two and a half and my god, my brain hurts so bad by the time it was over. I mean, I don't not do that again. So yeah, thank you Fun City for being mercled with the commentators.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine trying to write notes for you know, seventy five trailers back to back to back to back and do a commedy.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to jam it into like ninety seconds.
Speaker 2: You're just like, right, Jesus Christ describing specific trailer shots. Yeah, that's that's awful. Yeah, let's see stanceas I would suggest a film with a similar goal. Los Angeles plays itself, which is great. Every centophile should see it for sure. Great dog, absolutely very curious to see what hard to find movies show up on Welcome to Fun City, and myself included.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's pretty safe. Like now the Juggler is going to be on there, I would cover it.
Speaker 2: Would be weird if it wasn't. I want it. But it's fifty dollars after shipping and tax. Now what's interesting this is a lot of people are complaining about this two blu rays and it's there. They're just calling it a trailer camp and saying, but it's forty dollars, how come again? Fresh scans of two hundred trailers, TV spots and radio spots. First off, this could not have been cheap to license everything. But second off, just the restoration work for two hundred of these is astounding. Yeah and you crazy, Yeah, it's worth it. I have a feeling he didn't introduce himself, but I have a feeling this is our friend. Mister Howard Esberger says the trailer comp was over three hours for garage House.
Speaker 3: That hurts even more. Yeah, it's been a few years. As I came out, I remember it was really long. I mean it took all night to record that thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, what an ambitious idea. Completely agree. Oh, look at that La Plays Itself is on sale on Grindhouse with their brand new sale that they just launched. Nice. Chris has got to say, I get why, but physical media is crazy expensive now and hard to keep up with. I mean, yes, but you also don't have to buy everything, Brian says, I agree, very expensive for trailers. Don't know why we care about trailers. Don't get it. Well, there's a lot of history there and they're really fun. Yeah, I'm excited for it. Next up, we got some Clint Eastwood four K announcements Keno doing the Eiger Sanction from nineteen seventy five on four K and November fifth, we got a new audio commentary by Justin Humphries on here also includes the archival commentary with Nick Pinkerton. And this should look pretty pretty great on four K. That should look amazing, especially with Dolby Vision.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Next one is Play Misty for Me, which is the one I'm most excited for out of all these again Dolby vision Master, new commentary by Alan Spencer who is a screenwriter, And yeah, again this looks like a really great release. Oh yeah, I love that they're putting all these out on the same day so that everybody can have their wallet's hurt all at once. Sarah is the third one. Yeah, we just talked about how expensive this is by three on day one again November fifth, four K, brand new Dolby vision Master. This one also has a new audio commentary by Justin Humphrees, and it includes a bunch of archival extras, and it's got the Blu rain there as well. This is a prettiest standing stack of releases for Eastwood fans.
Speaker 3: The fact that we're getting two Meals for Sister Sarah and Paint the Wagon on UHD in the same year just cracks me up because they might be the two weirdest Clint Eastwood movies. So yeah, it seems kind of appropriate.
Speaker 2: I guess Howard Asking doesn't have my features on their Yes video essay by Howard as Berger played again look back at Playmossdy documentary. Uh is that all that you had on there? It's got the old Tim Lucas commentary as well. Uh, there's a good question. Adam is saying, Oh, I went all the way back Aigre Sanction, didn't I look at that. Somebody is saying Adam saying, Play Missy is his best film. What do you think about that statement there, Nate.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's one of my favorites. It's a lot of fun. I'm not necessarily sure.
Speaker 2: I'd say it's the best, but it's up there. It's really high up. Now he's saying, other than une forgiven.
Speaker 3: I'm also I'm gonna I'm gonna go with a dark Horse figure. But I really love Highplanes Drifter a lot, So not one you hear often for a feet No, it isn't. But I really love that movie to pieces. It's hard to pick one.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's toughy interesting. Then this was pretty damn cool. November twelfth, they're doing a Blu Ray release of The Martian Chronicles again. This is the twenty eighteen HD master that they had before. However, they're adding audio commentaries for all of the episodes. All of them have Amanda ray Is on it. The first one also has Heath Hollin from Over On Cereal at Midnight. The second one as Justin Kurzwell, the third one has Daniel Budnick. There's also an archival interview with j Was Falkner on here, and Amanda revealed today that there's some other miniseries coming from Keno here soon, so that's pretty exciting too. I can't wait. I've never seen this one and I'm very very curious to check this out.
Speaker 3: No, this is a great one. I don't I'm not sure why this one really spooked me out a lot as a kid. It's not really all less scary, but I just really really kind of like got gone under my skin for some reason. But yeah, this is a really cool one.
Speaker 2: Nice, this is cool. November nineteenth, The Visitors from nineteen seventy two is coming to Blu Ray. This one has been semi difficult to see. It was on like a double feature DVD I think for a while, and that's been out of print for like a generation or something, and then there was a there was a VHS that was also like kind of hard to come by. This one's gonna have an audio commentary by Kat Ellinger and Martin Conterio, who she just married. Very curious to see how that turns out. She seemed very excited to be a part of this great release. So I like this slipcover on this The art looks really good. Yeah, excited to see this one.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to see it looking good because every home video version of this poor just looked like crap. It was off like dingy old prints and just looked really bad. So yeah, I'm fingers crossed this is going to look good. Oh perfect world. Yeah, good, good choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wait for this one. Next up is Harrison's Flowers from two thousand, coming on Blue from Keno on November nineteenth. Annie McDowell, Elias Kotius, and Brendan Gleeson and Adrian Brody. In this one, we get an audio commentary by Manuela Lazik. And this is a huge cast. And somehow I don't think I've ever heard of this film at all.
Speaker 3: I actually saw this, I think on VHS maybe, but I remember nothing about it at all, positive or negative.
Speaker 2: It's a very interesting poster art on this. I want to know what exactly that is. Go in to our next one. Mag Nolia is releasing Dance First. This is a Samuel Beckett film, starring Gabriel Byrne and I've heard great things about this is from this year. Did you get a chance to see this one too? I haven't seen it, darn. Next up is The Bat from nineteen twenty six. Under Crank putting this out. This is for everybody that is not excited about this next part had to warn you. Mod Blu Ray will be made on demand, will not be pressed. Coming on October fifteenth. There's a brand new two K restoration they did as part of a Kickstarter thing. If you were on the Kickstarter you would have gotten a pressed Blu ray. This is going to be digital restoration by under Crank from thirty five millimeter film elements, was preserved by UCLA Film and Television Archive. Has a new score of course by Ben Modell, and includes the nineteen twenty six comedy two reeler, a fraternity mix Up, and a short documentary in the life and career of director Roland West. This looks like it's gonna be a great release. The film sounds fun.
Speaker 3: As hell well in good timing because BCI just put The Bat Whispers out. Is that double disc bluerray, which is the sound version, which is amazing you haven't seen that. It's the fact was made as early as it was ridiculous because it's just visually staggering the invention in it. But this is pretty much the same movie but silent and they actually have a like a side by side comparison with the Silent One. So thank god they're putting us out on Bluery because Yah, after Bat Whispers, I was like, come on, where's the Bat? And here it is, so hey.
Speaker 2: I love what Ben Model is doing over with under Crank. They always do great stuff. Uh what a weird transition from the Bat to Feed. From that one, Unearthed is releasing Feed from two thousand and six. This is coming. I think this is the first twenty twenty five announcement we've had January twenty first, and uh, just so that you know what this one is about, it says intensely grotesque and shocking as hell. Feed is a heavyweight through right through the depths of depravity. A veteran of cyber porn investigations, Australian cop Philip Jackson is no stranger to the dangerous side of sexual fetishes. He may have found the sickest case yet when he discovers a sinister side to an American website devoted to fat admiring men and obese women called feeders and gainers. Could demand behind it all be force feeding missing women to death. It's tense, dark and deeply disturbing. And Brett Leonard, who is the director behind The Lawnmower, Man, Virtuosity, and Man Thing, takes the crime thriller genre to a twisted, gut wrenching new level. I'll get a commentary by the director on this, some deleted scenes with commentary, an alternate ending with the commentary, a final day interview with the director, some interviews with some of the cast and crew, and then Feed in Philadelphia, the North American featurette. Not sure what that is? And Behind the Seeds Footage featurette. This sounds intense.
Speaker 3: I'm just curied, is from the director of Man Thing. A selling point I'm not. I mean, he did Hideaway. Isn't that a bigger movie than whatever?
Speaker 2: Michael, I assume fans of Feed will probably gravitate more towards Man Thing than Hideaway.
Speaker 3: Maybe, I guess, yeah, maybe?
Speaker 2: Oh curious, Yeah, I mean, even Virtuosity is a not one even the list Anyways, Radius had a hell of a lineup to announce this time so December sixteenth on Blu Ray in the UK. Only the Man from New yorka Madjorka Mahorka. However, they're pronouncing this one from nineteen eighty four. This is a bo Widerberg film, and god, I love the art on all of the Radiance releases, but this is just great. This is essentially a follow up to the other bou Widerberg film that they did. It's very much feels like it's in the same world supposedly, though the story is clearly different that other film is the Man on the Roof. This is going to have on set hoarding, including behind the scenes images and comments from the director. TV featurette interview with Barry Forshaw, who did Nordic Noir and everybody knows Berry Foreshaw. Tons of stuff, new English subtitle translation on this new booklet with brand new writing, and again this sounds fantastic. This is a great, great movie.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy it's finally coming out because Yea, I actually had the like, yeah, thank you, yeah, I actually like VPN and watch this on like Netflix, Sweeten to watch it within their subs. That's the only way you can do it back the back when they're running it. So yeah, I'm so happy it's getting a disc release.
Speaker 2: This is a really cool movie, Adams says, Man on the Roof is excellent. Then you should love this too. Yeah. Uh. Brian says, feed is super disgusted. Next one from Them, which also sounded great. December sixteenth in the UK and December seventeenth in North America. On Blue is Yokohama BJ Blues and this movie sounds I mean, it sounds like it has everything but also sounds like everything I want in a movie. When his police detective best friend is killed down at heel, private eye and part time Blue singer BJ gets the blame. He must start his own investigation to clear his name, But what he uncovers as a tangled web involving crooked cops, drug dealing gangsters, the city's underground gay and biker scenes, and even his own past. A loose remake of The Long Goodbye that also draws from Visconte's death in Venice. This was Matsuda's break with his action hero image. Samurai movie veteran Aichi Kudo relishes his chance at directing a neo noir that captures urban Japan at the height of nineteen eighties decadence. Sounds perfect. We've got interview with the star, interview the screenwriter, interview with the writer and Yokohama expert Torusano on the film, and a look at the locations limited edition booklet with new writing by Dimitri Yani on to a Central film and some other stuff poured in there. There's just so much on these Radiance releases that I can't wait to see. Yeah, this looks like a colin. I am excited about this. This whole month just looks great from them, because the last thing announced from them for this month, December sixteenth in the UK only is Nothing is Sacred. Three heresies by Boonwell. First off, holy striking imagery on the front of this Batman.
Speaker 3: Yeah wow, Yeah, this is gonna be a hell of a set. I think these are like new restorations is blowing in my mind souse the first I was like, oh, are they gonna It's just like the criterions like, oh no, it's not right. Yeah, that's this is pretty amazing.
Speaker 2: We've got new four K restorations on two of the films, including Simon in the Desert and Gianna. We've got a new restoration of the Exterminating Angel from a four K scan by Radiance themselves. And then we've got newly filmed appreciations by Richard Ayowade, Alex Cox, Guillermo del Toro and Lulu Waning. What that's amazing at the life and times of Boonewell, which is a BBC Arena doc that played back in the eighties and nineties on BBC. This is gonna be on Blu Ray for the first time ever. A doc directed It's called a Mexican Bootonwell doc directed by Milio Malee from nineteen ninety five. That's almost an hour long. Boonwell a surrealist filmmaker, a feature length doc directed by Jaberristpata on Blu Ray for the first time ever from twenty twenty one. Some other archival experts writing here and essays and tons of stuff like this is getting so much, plus an eighty page booklet and this screams pre order. I feel like this box is going to go very quick for them. Yeah, this looks absolutely insane. I can't wait, Sam, who is here and typically not so welcome Sam. The Bodonwell set looks very up my street. I think one of the films was restored by ratiings themselves. How many have they done and how it's not a ton but yeah, this is definitely gonna be great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, Well, I know one of the films in the Monkey set they had to fix themselves because the French Master was messed up. So yeah, it does happen. Thankfully, they keep an eye on this stuff, thank goodness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is Radiance for December, And just a heads up, a little update. I've had a couple of people ask about subs and all that stuff for Radiance because they've allowed around this time of year people to come in and sub for the next year. And they did say that they're gonna be talking about that soon. There is gonna be an opportunity to be able to subscribe again, and yeah they're excited. They said, lots of great stuff coming up for twenty twenty five. And I don't even like, how do they keep raising the bar? Radiance is intense. Whoever subscribed for their three year packages, you made out like a bandit. Moving on make Flix, who I feel like I've not heard anything from in the longest of times. They are shipping this next week This is coming on mod Blu Ray and this is crow Haven Farm from nineteen seventy with John Carroding and Hope Laying. Not one I've ever seen. This is gonna include twelve minutes of classic TV commercials featuring your favorite horror stars. Love that that's listed to special features there. Yeah, be on a BD twenty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is I was really encouraged by the little trailer sample they put up on the site. This is a really great one, and we've never had anything beyond like super super low res boot leg VHS quality. I'm surprised we're not playing up the folk car thing because this is one hundred percent of folk horror movie. I would think they would catch in on that, but whatever, but don't. If you look at the on the specs, it says wide screen. That's actually not accurate. I kind of freaked when I saw that. But if you look at the sample, it actually as the original through feet to one. Oh okay, thank god, because I was like, please don't crop it. But it looks like they did not based on the they up so interesting, I hope not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think they did one more from them. This is also shipping next Week Trivial from twenty twenty four and the firste hundred order of the orders of this get a little mini poster. This is also going to be mod This is coming out on DVD as well. This is a brand new, like low budget horror film. And then Keino announced Daytime Revolution coming out November twenty sixth. This is crazy. I've seen the clip for this, but I never knew it was a part of like this bigger story. This is for one extraordinary week. Beginning on February fourteenth, nineteen seventy two, the Revolution was televised. Daytime Revolution takes us back in time to the week that John Lennon and Yoko Ono descended upon a Philadelphia broadcasting studio to co host the iconic Mike Douglas Show, at the time, the most popular show on daytime TV, with an audience of This is still crazy forty million viewers a week. If anything got forty million viewers a week nowadays, it would be the most watched thing ever. It says. What followed was five unforgettable episodes of TV, with Lennon and yoko On at the helm and Douglas bravely keeping the show on track, acting as both producers and host Lennon and No No handpicked their guest including controversial choices like Yippie founder Jerry Rubin and Black Panther chairman Bobby Seal, as well as political political activists Ralph Nader and comic truth teller George Carltt. Their version of daytime TV was a radical take on the traditional format, incorporating candid Q and A sessions with a transfixed audience, conversations about current issues like police violence, of women's liberation, and on this they're gonna have some uncut musical performances. They're gonna have a handful on there and a trailer and a restoration demonstration. This is such a cool, random thing to get on Blu Ray, very cool. So glad this has happening. Next up Mountains of the Moon from nineteen ninety getting a Blue from Keto. In November twenty sixth Adrian Martin does the commentary on this one. I believe was it Imprint that did this previously?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's been out. But yeah, beautiful movie. I mean, yeah, this is totally candy film. This is a great one.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it looks pretty nice. I hope.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but you can't screw up the transferm this one December tenth.
Speaker 2: VCI doing The Love Light from nineteen twenty one, another Mary Pickford film, and thankfully they've done very well with the Pickford stuff that they've done so far. This was filmed in nineteen twelve as a collaboration between friends Mary Pickford and Francis Marion. The Silent Gem was reconstructed from multiple sources by UCLA Film and TV Archive for the Mary Pickford Foundation and past the VCI for final restoration work before it gets released. Should be good absolutely. Barfly is the first one announced as part of the Next eighty eight Films batch. This is from nineteen eighty seven Astounding film coming on November twenty fifth in the UK only this one. Does this have a US Blue Ray yet? I know imprint did it yet? Crazy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder, I wonder what's holding that up here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think anybody could license it as far as I know, But yeah, I mean, I mean when you think of Cannon Film, this is obviously the movie you think of, right.
Speaker 2: Probably. Well, I just saw this might be a reason people aren't licensing it. I mean they're licensing from MGM, but people who do people who do special features don't really love MGM.
Speaker 3: Yeah we all know why.
Speaker 2: So this is gonna be fun because eighty eight film's got rather horny. This week November twenty in the UK, we're getting a blue part of their brand new Roman porno line of Apartment Wife a Fair in the Afternoon from nineteen seventy one. A lot of these are going to be involved in the Hole Nakatsu scene and they were scandalizing the nation when it launched. And yeah, some of these. I'm very very surprised that we're getting a release.
Speaker 3: And I'm very excited about these because you know, Impulse did a ton of these on DVD back in the day, but like almost none of them got yeah no kidding, but like almost none of them had blue red. There's only tiny handful they did, and they kind of again just vanished. So yeah, I'm STI glad to pick were picking up where those left off, and yeah, I'm really bad there's more on the way, because yeah, these movies are just crazy entertaining.
Speaker 2: That's the first one. Then we get Woods Are Wet. This is from nineteen seventy three, also a part of the Roman Porno line and again these all are going to have special features. I believe Jasper Sharp is on all of this first round. Not sure what else is going to be on there, but eighty eight Films is kind of weird, like Shout Factory where they announced the title and then months later they first off they'll announce a delay, and then second off they'll announce all the special features. So that's woods Are Wet. Next up, Knife under the Throat from nineteen eighty six getting a release from eighty eight Films. I thought this was hilarious. This is the cover that Instagram decided to blur and one yeah about for me, and it was like the least scandalous one. It was just that it was blood. I go figure, I guess. But yeah, this is a really this is like a sort of French take on the Jala. This was out on blue ray from the Shack. You fume a while back with thing with subs. But yeah, nice its getting a UK release. Yeah.
Speaker 3: This is a very sleazy, very trashy, very entertaining.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's a good one featuring the one and only Brigit le Hey yep u. Next up November twenty fifth in the UK is I Am an Infamniac from nineteen seventy one. This is the Max PEAKUS film that we just got in the US from Mondo Macabro. So if you got that set, may not need this one. But this will likely have different special features, so if you really love it, you might want to pick up both. Uh. Then they are getting their Slasher Classics collection having something added to it. November twenty fifth, they get Mortuary from nineteen eighty three. This could be exciting because there was an MVD rewind release of this recently and it was fairly lackluster, not much on there. I hope there's something on this to make this one special. I feel like this one gets forgotten a lot of the time. This is a This is a pretty good movie. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a fun one and has a really interesting performance by Bill Paxton that nobody talks about.
Speaker 2: Look who's here? Daniel Kramer says, Hey, there, Feller's about to record a new track on What I'll Never Tell. Nathaniel, I already told you so never Thank you. Stilvia mentioned yeah, we had to shout it out earlier. Next up eighty eight films four K and Blu Ray in the US they're doing Dragonfist from nineteen seventy nine. They're gonna have a website exclusive version of this, and I gotta admit the website exclusive hard box release, I like it a lot worse than this cover art. I feel like Kung Fu Bob has deserved his reputation. This one looks quite a bit better to me. No idea on the bonus features, but this looks pretty great.
Speaker 3: And this one need a newscand because in that initial bat to Jackie Chans, this was, oh my god, this one look terrible. That was the only one who it was terrible. It was so den r to death was unwatchable. So yeah, thank god.
Speaker 2: Then the title I've gotten the most complaints about today. Masters of the Universe of nineteen eighty seven coming out December sixteenth. I'm blue in the UK again. It's an MGM title over there. I don't know why there's no new master for this. This is probably gonna be the exact same old HG Master that's like eleven or twelve years old at this point. But the big thing for everybody that's complaining, this is the first Blu ray release of this film the UK ever, so it's deserved it's deserved. Still the UHD, it's no point of course, it'll happen skipped over one with very visible nipples. I missed that the first time because it was obscured by the blue but Instagram doesn't care. Hopefully YouTube doesn't. December sixteenth, as part of the Italian collection Story of a Cloistered Nun from nineteen seventy three. We've got a release of this previously, but that was not over in the UK. So glad we're getting a release of this and uh looks like it's gonna be good stuff. Should have brand new extras steamy cover on this as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're an expotation fan, you haven't seen this one of This is one of the sort of the classy ones.
Speaker 2: So the cover I make anything.
Speaker 3: It's a little sleazier than it is, but it's a good one. It's a beautiful.
Speaker 2: Film and beyond that, I I love that eighty eight Films has gone all in on the crazy cover art this month, but it made it very difficult to share everywhere. I will say no kidding for those that are wondering, I see Brian asking in the chat who releases in the US. This is a part of that Nunsploitation box at that's seven, right, that nasty habits bock set. Next one is Watcher in the Attic from nineteen seventy six, coming as part of that Roman Porno collection. Jasper Sharp will be a part of this one as well. God, I love the poster on this too.
Speaker 3: This is a great one. Yeah, this hasn't been out since I think the old DVD. Now this one really is needed up. Great, Yeah, this is fantastic and this is also basically a horror movie as well, so yeah, this is a really spooky one. It's great, interesting all right.
Speaker 2: Next one from eighty eight films, Madame Cloud from nineteen seventy seven, coming on December sixteenth. This is a just jaking title. Cold Epix released this one in the US. Oh year and a half ago, two years ago, something like that. Yeah, cold Epics doing great stuff associated eight films, too many good things. Speaking of too many oh boy, November nineteenth, me maybe you got three Sony Pictures releasing the Frank Capra at Columbia collection. Now this is where it gets interesting because this is a mix of four K and Blu ray titles. Uh, there are twenty films here. Nine of them are in four K UHD and they all have special features on them. They all are coming in their own box as you can see here, lots of disc coming in this set. I'm very impressed that they're giving us bonus features that are brand new on many of these. Uh, it's not something that was totally expected. Now the hard part. Two of these that we're getting in four K in this box were in the Columbia Classics volume. I think it was one in three something like that, but those ones did not have any Dolby Vision, so of course they had to upgrade it in this box set to make you feel like you're getting something different. So now if you've got those other box sets, you'll probably still feel compelled. This has so many titles going through these quickly, so this is Love from nineteen twenty eight, The Way of the Strong from twenty eight, That Certain Thing from twenty eight, Submarine from twenty eight, The Younger Generation from twenty nine, Flight from twenty nine, Ladies of Leisure from nineteen thirty, Rain or Shine from thirty Garrigible from thirty one, The Miracle Woman from thirty one, Platinum Blonde from thirty one. American Man is from thirty two, The Bitter Tea of General Yen from thirty two, Forbidden from thirty two, Lady for a Day from thirty three, It Happened One Night from thirty four. Mister Deeds goes to Town thirty six. Lost Horizon from thirty seven, so many Instagram posts you can't take it with you from thirty eight. Mister Smith goes to Washington from thirty nine. Frank Campra Mister America, a brand new documentary from twenty twenty four. It is ninety two minutes long, so feature length and seems like a really great doc. Huge, massive box. This is this is crazy. Hit me with all of your feelings there, Nathaniel, Well, I.
Speaker 3: Think what shocked me was actually Submarine I believe is one of the UHD titles, which I think that would make this the earliest American title to hit four K.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 3: I can't think of one earlier than that. I mean know, we've had like Doctor Caligari, you know, from Germany, but I can't think of any Hollywood movies that, if it USHD either were made before that one, So that's wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about some of the bonus films in that Columbia Classics Volume five or any of those earlier, because I.
Speaker 3: Don't think I don't think any of those were actual four K though I don't believe.
Speaker 2: The bonus ones. There's a couple of them.
Speaker 3: That are maybe, Yeah, I have to go back and look, but I think as far as like a standalone release, So this is like they're going further back. So it's kind of encouraging. So I hope they twenty eight I keep doing that. Yeah, I can't think of one far to that.
Speaker 2: It's pretty impressive. I gotta say this is as.
Speaker 3: The wild set, and it kind of makes me even more like disappointed they wound up not putting out that uhd of me John Doe right, because like God, the timing would have been perfect, so they kind of missed the boat on that one. It's too bad.
Speaker 2: Siveners says, this is the ultimate Dad box set for the holidays. Adam is happy, says a great box set. Chris is guessing two hundred and fifty dollars USD you what do you think?
Speaker 3: And this is going to cost Nathaniel's well yeah, I mean if you look at what the three Stooges that cost, and that was only Blu Ray. I mean that was in the two hundreds, So yeah, probably about two fifty. That sounds about right.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I was. I was earlier thinking maybe two hundred, but then just the sheer number of discs in this and the fact that they're going individual cases, that's a lot of materials. It's probably gonna be two twenty five to fifty somewhere around there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it's that just based on the Stoges is kind of where I'm thinking that's probably where it's going to wind up hitting.
Speaker 2: And I will say beautiful looking box, not not putting it down at all, that this is. This is something that I have to applaud Sony, who continuously is the one major studio that seems to put a lot of love and affection into not only just catalog titles, but like foundational studio starting major important titles from their past.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like why does Warner Brothers do this for the Eastwood set? I mean, like right that, Like, come on, it's a no brainer.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. Yeah, there's so much that they that Warner Brothers specifically owns that they could have killed. Anyways, straight from Frank Tapr It's a Sweden Porno Blonde Animal, Would you do this? On purpose? Eighty eight films again in the UK. This is coming as part of their Roman Porno collection. This is a Japanese take on the Swedish sin phenomenon. This I will share. This cover art got me temporarily banned from Facebook for about twelve minutes earlier today.
Speaker 3: I'll just say, have you ever had a week with more black boxes on the artwork?
Speaker 2: No? No, this is the most by far, by far. Uh. Sand Hamdwich is here, says wow, I've listened to so many Nathaniel Thompson commentaries. Nice to see his face. Hello, I have one couches left of the transitions. I swear I did not plan it. Uh. Next up is a deluxe edition of Sex and Zen, coming on December sixteenth on Blu Ray in the UK. This is a big deal because this Cat three film is uncut and remastered for the very first time. The previous releases of this looked god awful, very very hopeful that this looks pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and weirdly subdued cover art for what the movie is.
Speaker 2: If you've seen compared to everything else one, this is the one they pulled back on like oh, man. Speaking of censorship, let's look at Virgin which which alone has four black boxes. Uh November twenty fifth. This is coming as part of their Taigon collection. This is from nineteen seventy two. Again, I may be the odd one out, but I feel like this one's slightly boring, and again the cover makes it look way sleazier than the overall film is. But good movie.
Speaker 3: It has a huge fan base thoughks. I mean, we did this on DVD back at Image when I worked on this thing, so like crazy. I mean, I mean, I don't know, it's the title and all the like naked British women and stuff, that's all you need. But I mean it's got to be it. It never stopped selling the whole time we had it. I don't know, but I love these Tigon releases. Eighty it's doing though. These all look gorgeous. I mean, if you run on the fence with these, like every single one of them is like a massive, massive upgrade interesting disconnected after dark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mike says this film is not good. This is uh God, who oh, look, I have it right here. I don't know how everything is always right within reach. Somebody screen Bound put this out in the UK just like two years ago or two and a half years ago. Huh interesting, I'm gonna have to research that afterwards. I forgot that came out, all right. Moving to our next one, which we're almost done already. Nine Queens Back from two thousand Coming is a Sony Pictures Classics release on October fifteenth. I've never seen this movie, and this closter is really odd. That is a terrible cover.
Speaker 3: I don't know what photoshop monstrosity they did to pull that off, but yeah, that is awful. But this is a really good movie if you like sort of like con artists, like, you know, kind of movies. This one's early, twisty, very David mammondy. Oh, yeah, yeah, it's a good one. Just ignore the cover though, that's that's putrid.
Speaker 2: Next up Sony Pictures classic Secret Ballot on the same day. Have you seen this one too? I have not seen this one. That's too bad, this one, says award winner at five international film festivals. Secret Bolt is a satirical comedy that humorously sheds light on the universal discrepancies of the voting process. We don't need that right now, and interdifferences. It's election day on a remote island off the coast of Iran, and a ballot box is parachuted to shore. An unnamed soldier is assigned to escort a female bureaucrat to gather votes. Together, they embark on a chaotic journey, turning the island upside down, desperately seeking anyone's vote. There is more to the secret ballot than the two could ever imagine. I wonder if there's any strategy to releasing that three weeks before voting. Do you think? Oh man, I love right after that cover? TB. Kaine says, graphic design is my passion.
Speaker 3: Can you do a new car for nine queens while you're at it?
Speaker 2: Please? Please? All right? Las Vegas Hillbillies from nineteen sixty six is coming on Blu Ray from VCI on December tenth. This is it's odd that they did it in this order, but this is the film that came before the one that they just recently put out the what is the Full Time House? Yeah, yeah, Billbillies on the House, which honestly looked way better than expected on Blu Ray. It looks stupidly great. I'm hoping this one looks good. I've never seen this one. We got Jane Mansfield in this one. Have you seen this one too? I have?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is like for some reason, this was like a very popular VHS back in the day. It was in like every video store. I don't know why that ain't on it house. Yeah, like Blockbuster Videos talks heavy on these, I don't know why, like Movie Gallery and then they all bought in on this. Who knows. Interesting, But yeah, that's a fun one. I mean a lot of that's that's a musical comedy. You know, you know what you're getting, of course.
Speaker 2: Jane Mansfield, November twenty sixth. We are getting a four K and DVD release from Dark Arts Entertainment of the record holder for the least amount of money made in a theatrical run ever for is Isaac's Road or Zazis Road. However you want to say that, I grew up in Barstow, California, which is literally only about forty five minutes to an hour away from this fabled road in the middle of the desert, and to see that this is getting a four K release is amazing. There are some extras coming on this, Like if you look in IMDb, there's actually a documentary that's listed as somebody producing it, so I'm sure that's going to be a part of this disc For those that don't remember, Dark Art's Entertainment is a brand new label that is owned by John Penny and Brian Yusna, and this film happened to be directed by Jion Penny, so that's very obviously why this movie is getting a four K release from this label. I am this movie is going to cost more on four K than it made and it's the atrical run.
Speaker 3: Literally, so will this be the lowest selling USG title of all time?
Speaker 2: One time will tell well, no VCIS puts them out. I Love you VCI. Yeah, this is interesting. I've never seen this. I'm actually curious to see it. Since I grew up so close to the road. I've gotten off of that exit many times. Never been able to see this one, though. Did you see this back in the day at all?
Speaker 3: Never seen it? No one saw it.
Speaker 2: No one saw it. Literally. Yeah. It played in a Texas theater and supposedly out of four tickets that were sold for two were crew members from the film. Last announcement for the week December seventeenth, Discothech is releasing Digimon the Movies. This is the first three movies from Digimon on Blu Ray, and these are fixed from dubs that were just awful previously. Supposedly all three movies uncut with a new dub with the original cast. Also includes the original English dubbed version from two thousand and they've got no special features on here, even though they included the word features. It's a lie.
Speaker 3: Special features chapter stops back in the DVD days.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what we would have seen. That's what dinah right. We always cover what is coming out next week after this, just in case you forgot, and it's a big week. We got bringing Out the Dead four K from Paramount Presents next week, the two thousand and nine remake of Friday the Thirteenth four K from Arrow, which I think a lot of people have had that for the last like two weeks. For some reason. MVD always ships a lot of Aero stuff. Super early chronicles are ready on four K Long Good Friday four K, Doomsday four K from Scream Factory, Torso four K, including the site exclusive which sold out on pre order a while ago. And then we are getting Tomcat or sorry top Cat, the complete series Warner Archive, which I'm excited to get Film Noir Dark Side of Cinema number twenty one and twenty both coming out in the same week. Then we've got Madness coming from Brero next week, Lefem from Keno, larber Man of the Year from Shout Factory, Mother's in Instinct coming out next week, The Great Escape too. If you've ever wanted one of the most sought after sequels of never a Model House from this year coming from Scream Factory as well. That is it, though nothing which one of these are you most excited for?
Speaker 3: Oddly enough, I'm really psyched about bringing out the Dead finally coming out. That was like way overdue. That's extremely cool. Yeah, there's actually a lot of really good stuff here. I've seen the UHD of Torso and it's pretty spippy from what I've gone through so far. Yeah, it was really good stuff.
Speaker 2: The UHG of Torso looks amazing. I'm very excited for people to see that. Yeah, all right, that was a lot. That was more than we normally have on Nathaniels on the show so much smart, I've never had the center so much, and today today was crazy. I Facebook. At one point I put the one that I said that they pulled me down for I don't remember the title now. They made it so I couldn't be in any Facebook groups, and I administrate like six of them. I run the Screen Factory group, a boutique Blu Ray selling group. I run my community group here in Kansas City, and they're like, you can't use groups like oh, okay, cool Exactly we are talking tonight surprising discs from twenty twenty four. Now. I feel bad because we normally have very specific topics when Nathaniel's on very genre specific topics that I've loved every time, and I kind of wanted to highlight Mondo Digital tonight because I feel like we haven't talked about it enough on these And one of the ways that I like reading Mondo Digital is all the random tidbits that we get in your reviews that are like, oh, the old release had X, and it will be just like a throwaway sentence in a random review that most people just don't know is written in your so they don't ever find this random, great piece of information. And so I said, well, let's throw kind of a curveball and make it super subjective and let's see when it Nathaniel picks as surprising. So when you were thinking about this tonight, what makes a surprising release in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Four, I would so Mike criteria was it was a release that sort of caught me off guard because it was either something that I thought would never get a physical disc release for various reasons, or something that was just completely off my radar that just like just really kind of floored me, or just something that just seemed like just so out of left field for a company to put out like just random. Mainly, it was just things that I never thought would come out, though. That was kind of the main thing, like just I can't believe I actually had this on a disc.
Speaker 2: That was the main thing. I think four of mine are that exact same criteria, So I'm excited Nathaniel picked out like twelve, so we're gonna have a lot of honorable mentions to discuss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's actually it was fourteen titles that I got down to and you want me to do a top five, And I was like, oh, this.
Speaker 2: Is hard, all right, So what is your first one? And we'll go back and forth and then we'll list all those honorable mentions.
Speaker 3: Okay, So are we starting with like number five going on. Sure, yeah, okay, all right, So my number five is Little Darlings, which I came out from Cinematograph. If you know the history of this film, it seemed.
Speaker 2: Like that was yep, number five, Yep.
Speaker 3: It was tied up in music rights hell forever and it would show on cable oddly enough, you know, uncut, and then eventually popped up on Amazon. But it was like it was just never gonna get a disks. Really, it seemed like it just seemed like it was just hopeless. And thank god, Cinematograph just came out swinging with their their right up with their first release. They got it all cleared up, they got to put out music's in there. It looks great, it's on UHD, really solid extras. Yeah, what can I say, It's essential and it's it's a real dream release. I can't believe it's actually out. It's it's kind of surreal still thinking that it's out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I primarily picked it because again it's surprising, because it's one of those titles that we were told for years like this will likely never come out. People have used the word never many many times for this one, and then to have it come out and have it be affiliated with Vinegar Syndrome. It's not a very typical vinegar Syndrome title, which is why it's on this brand new cinematograph line, and it makes a lot of sense. It looks great, the disc is good. I wish the special features had little more people from the cast involved, But other than that, the only thing I will say, I really don't love the cover art on a lot of the cinematographs so far. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, there's a few factors in there. There's a whole there's like art, those artists, likeness issues, and the fact that also they were putting it together that this started getting particular during COVID, which also presented some issues. So given what they had to work with, it's it's it's pretty darn solid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not putting it down this type of deluxe packaging on some great picks. So far, they've had for me at least three like amazing titles, and then the rest have been at least wow, these are very good. So at this point they've been very, very impressive so far. We shared at number five, so you can go immediately to number.
Speaker 3: Four, because you know, if we share a number four I'm gonna be really shocked. My number four is Intrepidous Punks from Baker Syndrome.
Speaker 2: I almost put that one over here, but I'm glad I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that in the sequel came out on blu Ery, And this is one that I lot of people been wanting, especially in LA. This one's kind of legendary because they, yeah, I agree, you know, this used to run like as as a roberatory screening title with twice they showed it here and always brought the house down. But like just getting the right sorted out and trying to figure out like how what like how can you even get a complete version of it? Seem like there were so many different counts of it, but they actually managed to, like as symbol, a true uncut version of it thro all these sources. And yeah, it's just the fact that they saw the light of day. It just makes me so happy because I never thought we would get a blue array of that thing. It seemed impossible. Having both of those movies together in a set is just just my blowing to me that it actually happened, because I've been winting this for like twenty years.
Speaker 2: So thank you. The amazing thing is they first announced this like four and a half or five years ago, and then they just couldn't do it. They were still wrestling with me. Yeah even then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're just like and I was like, it's not gonna happen, Like it's there's no way you're gonna do this one.
Speaker 2: There is I, as far as I can remember, at least two more titles that they've announced that we're coming at some point, but they've been years and I'm really hoping that we still get them. I doubt we're ever going to get Coonskin, but god, I hope we do. God, I really hope we do.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the deals with that one, but yeah, we need he one badly.
Speaker 2: My number four is again another one where I am impressed and surprised that this company wanted to put not only this out on disc, but to put this much into this release. And that is because we got a I believe it's a four disc release and it does not say in the side of course, yes, four discs of a four K release of Goodbye Uncle Tom Blue One. Yeah. I don't even know how to explain how surprising this is because there are so many extras on this the fact that the movie looks better than it ever should have probably and it's twenty twenty four and this is getting an impressive boutique release is nothing short of surprising. It is amazing that a company like Blue Underground, who a lot of people have critiqued for only putting out stuff that they've released previously, would put so much new into a film like Goodbye Uncle Tom. Now the other thing, I was very surprised that it was so expensive. However, I understand, I understand, and it is an astonishing package. And if you don't have it yet, and I think it's still in print, I probably should. This is this is something that is worth it and absolutely worth watching. And I don't know it's it's obviously an odd one. You gotta get yourself in a mindset and understand what you're getting into, essentially.
Speaker 3: And the Italian version, the fact they got both cuts in four K was really surprising. But make sure you watch the Italian version because it clearizes a lot about what they're trying.
Speaker 2: To do with the movie.
Speaker 3: Because when you watch the English Langage version, you're like, this is completely insane, Like I don't even.
Speaker 2: Know how to process this, all right, So number three.
Speaker 3: Alrighty, my number three kind of gave it away earlier. It's because I put the reew up today just in time. Is Blonde on a Bomb Trip from the Strip Picks. If you know the Destrip Picks library. It's sort of been stuck in home video hell for a very long time. We managed to get a few DVDs from them, mainly just the adult film stuff, but this was They have this amazing exploitation library of stuff that is not hardcore that hasn't been around since the VHS days, when they had a very brief window where they did stop with something weird on VHS and they've been just locked it behind the gate ever since then. But this is one of the craziest ones. It has this just amazing, just banging soundtrack. It is just a while drug exploitation movie.
Speaker 2: It's so great.
Speaker 3: Anybody who saw this on BHS has never forgotten it, and thankfully Vener Syndrome has them. It's kind of like the Strippicks is sort of like in between the Malosy Line and Mininger Syndrome. This one kind of like I'm not even sure where it slots in exactly, because you can find it.
Speaker 2: On both sides.
Speaker 3: So I don't call it, but it's not a porn movie. It's not even remotely close. But it's just amazing. And they did the packaging for this thing is just bonkers. The fact they went this all out on it is just nuts to me. But I cherished this release. I'm so happy that it happened.
Speaker 2: I am. I mean, I'm so excited that something weird has continued to be such a prolific presence over these last couple of years. It's something that obviously, with the person that was spearheading it not being a part of things anymore, could have quietly went in the background. And yet man, she has carried on a legacy and then some And I'm so excited about that. Yeah, like what the stuff?
Speaker 3: I mean, we're getting like just dream titles every month from that catalog. It's get the keeps on giving.
Speaker 2: We got a question from Hilton, how excited are you that anything russ Meyer is coming from Severn. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: I can't even put into words. I'm so excited. I can't stand it.
Speaker 2: I just I can't wait to find out what they have, Like obviously they have supervixens, but do they have four titles. Do they have nine titles? Do they have one title? We don't know. It'll be a while before we find out, though. My number three. There's a few reasons why I'm very surprised by this. This is an mbd rewind release of Hardware Wars. Now, it is surprising that a company went through the trouble of marketing this as a main release when Hardware Wars is literally thirteen minutes long. Now, the bonus features it makes the disc worth It is absolutely worth the pick up. It's a very fairly cheap release, but even then, like it's a short that is worth putting out on Blu Ray, that's worth owning. And if you like any of this stuff, like I had this on VHS, I think I still have it on VHS here somewhere. The fact that this is a brand new two kate restoration of Hearts is mind blowing to me. Never expected that to exist. They put this together in one of the better MVD rewind packages from this year. I feel like their quality has dipped a little bit. They put out I'm not going to name any specific titles, but they put out a mess of a title earlier this year that is so AI upscale garbage that was just appalling. Envidy Rewind deserves to be shaken for that one. But yeah, Hardware Wars, this release is worth it, absolutely great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dragon's languish tle you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I want to know now it is? I, oh, you know what I put it. I keep all my MVD stuff there and I put it in the closet because it was so bad. I don't remember which title it was. I will look up before you go and I will let you know which one.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was gonna say, because they also put out some of my favorite USHD releases recently, which is the Two Goolies movies, which just looks stupidly great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so hees, let me see. I will get it here soon. What is your number two? My number two?
Speaker 3: So maybe one of the more surprising labels out there is Terror Vision. They managed to throw out some curveballs every month, especially if you subscribers. You never know what you're gonna get. The big one for me that I didn't see coming. And I have to thank Bruce out there for this one because he actually like pinged me and ran after Christmas right for New Year's actually, because I just got back and he was like, you have got to put this disc on right away as soon as it shows up on your doorstep. And I was like, I've never even seen this movie.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: And I'm counting it as this year because technically it was pressed and delivered at the very end of last year, but nobody really got it until this year unless you happen to be living down the street from them. So I think it's this year technically a shipp out at Christmas, but it's really a twenty twenty four title, and that is Hell's Highway.
Speaker 2: Wow, what a movie. This is just a.
Speaker 3: Total joy for every second. This was not on my radar at all, and I just loved every second of this thing. I can't believe it's on Blu Ray of all things, with all these extra features it is. This movie is nuts. Imagine sort of like Hitcher and like Highway Hell and that stuff, but just throwing to a blender with like amazing miniatures and like goes into space and like plot twist galore. I mean, it is just a great, great disc. I had a fantastic time with this completely just sideswipe me. When I popped in, I didn't know what I was in for. But nobody's really talking about this disc. But my god, please run out and get it if you can. I guarantee you'll love this thing. It's just something else.
Speaker 2: After starting producing some of the Terrorivision stuff, I was paying attention more to what people are saying. Hell's Highway never gets brought up.
Speaker 3: I know it is because no one puts it in. They look at the cover and they're like, I'll get to it at some point subscribing, right, don't just please put it in?
Speaker 2: Please? It is. It is incredible. Look at that. Sam says Hell's Highways my first tear Vision release. Absolutely love it. Phoebe Dollars great and man, absolutely yeah, Hell's Highways at sv GYM amazing. So I found it. The MVD rewind title is Hail Caesar, released last year. It looks god awful. Yeah, okay, so this next one. I know this is gonna be a sour taste in some people's mouths because it was one of the dreaded replacement programs I mentioned earlier. But I'm still amazed and surprised that we got this beautiful blu ray box set of Inside the Mind of Coffin Joe This is another one of those that we were told for years, the Coffin Joe stuff that you got from Synapse and a couple other of the companies from I don't like eleven years ago. That was the last round of those that went out. Those are gonna be all that you're gonna have, and unfortunately they were lost in a fire and all that, and then Narrow comes and releases something that makes all of them look so much better, great special features, massive amount of effort goes into this, and then an overwhelming list of content on every single one of these discs. It's surprising to me for many reasons, but just the fact that it's one of those we were told, never plan on it, and here it is and we've got it, and it's amazing. I've not watched all of them yet, but the ones that I have, they look better than anything that I've ever seen with Coffin Joe, and I'm so glad that people have been able to discover him more. Yeah, that is a spectacular set.
Speaker 3: And Yeah, the rumor that had gone on for a while was because one of his last films is called Embodiment of Evil, which he used a lot of clips and they said, oh, well, they took the negatives and used it for the clips, and they ran through and destroyed the film and said now he can never use them again, and YadA, YadA, YadA. So thank god that wasn't true. Yeah, they all just look gorgeous.
Speaker 2: All right, sir. Number one most surprising of the year for you. All right?
Speaker 3: The one import title, the one movie that I can't believe is actually on disc and that I have my hands, and when I die, I want to be buried with this disc because I'm still in shock. And that is Hell's a popping from Germany.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: This movie is amazing. It has only been out there in god awful quality bootlegs. I mean, just like Dupes of Dupes of Dupes off TV. This movie is incredible. I mean, we mentioned the Zazz Holmes before, but this is like Airplane on steroids. I mean it is like every minute of this movie is just jammed with gags. It's just a laugh a minute. It like absolutely messes with your mind in so many ways. This is like meta on top of meta. It starts off with the musical number in Hell and it just gets crazier from there. Yeah, it's it's just a phenomenal film. But the German Blu ray looks great. It has a really great making up on there, and it will never come out in the US. It is, it's stuck in legal hell because of the theatrical production that was based on and Jerry Lewis and this whole legal thing that it's involved in, and it just it's not gonna happen. So it's probably we're ever gonna get But that's fine. It's a cheap disc you can get at for Amazon Germany or whatever retailer you want, region free, and yeah, it's just yeah, I'm still just an absolute shock that movie's.
Speaker 2: On Blue Rick. People sleep on a lot of the German retailers a lot. But funny enough, they are one of the countries where the rights are a little less in limbo on many of these titles. There's stuff that's been released over there that will never come out in the US other than this one. Places like Wicked Vision, places like Turbine, places like play On. But this one is from a Knowles who Eugenio works on a lot of their titles as well.
Speaker 3: They universal i mean the universal logos on it. They could do that. I mean, it's a legit release.
Speaker 2: They gave them the master. Yeah, it's wild that they've been able to do as much as they could over there. Please pay attention to Germany. A lot of their stuff is region free and a little like pro tip for a lot of people that don't know most of these German companies, they put English subtitles on their films, but they don't advertise it because they're not supposed to have English subtitles. They just do it quietly. So check it out. Check out the blu ray dot com forms if you really want to verify first. It is worth seeking out.
Speaker 3: Many of these for sure, especially other uhds, because there are some you might sleep on because it doesn't say on the specs, like right around the Rain, but they're on there.
Speaker 2: Oh that was perfect. Okay, so my number one. This is probably less surprising as a release itself, but I am always impressed when like Radiance can come on the scene and their first three titles, everybody looks at them and goes, oh, they are here, they know what they're doing. This is going to be incredible. I was blown away and so very surprised by the first release from Celluloid Dreams. Oh yeah, this UHD is one of the best looking discs of the entire year, and not enough people talk about it. It is. It is a fun film. It is a wonderful movie. Obviously, you know a lot of us have talked about this before, one of the better jallows. But the four K disc is. It cannot be explained how beautiful something like this. It is genuinely surprising that it could look this good. I am just absolutely astonished by it. I do have to throw in I wanted to have a bonus because I've done so much of Terror Vision and I've done so much for this disc specifically, but I had to say I feel the same way about Nail Gun Masker. This movie never should have looked this good and this UHD. Even though the first reel of this they filmed it rather blue, but the rest of this movie is beautiful. Bonus features like crazy, but the four K, specifically Nail Gun Masker never should have been this lush, this textured. It is a gorgeous disc. Anyways, love Celluloid Dreams. I'm so excited for Black Belly the Transla and they're working on another title to come out first before that. Nobody knows what it is yet, so other than Howard as Berger. If you're still watching, tell me what it is, and please please support Celluloid Dreams. Support good companies that are putting out titles that we were told would never come out. It's still amazing to me that we're getting some of these.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that release just blew me away. I couldn't believe how good it was. And also the commentary is one of the best of the year. Great commentary.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I cannot wait to see if it gets enough love in the Shelve Shock Rewind Awards next year, because it deserves it. It is definitely up there for me. Yeah, I should. That's a great release, all right, sir, Let's let's hear about these honorable mentions.
Speaker 3: All right, let me just run through them. Just list them, operl.
Speaker 2: Fast, No, spend some time exactly what you Okay?
Speaker 3: Well, next up, I'm gonna say Severn the Moment and the Curse of the Jackals. How this got onto blu ray Off, the negative that they found at a freaking estate yard sale, Like everything about this release is just ridiculous. Watch the feature to explain how this happened. But I mean, this was a movie that was like treated like trash on VHS and just vanished after that and shot in Vegas. If you're a Monster movie fan, this thing is amazing, and haven't it's a great release. I just I again, I just I'm just kind of floored that it's actually out there and it just looks stupidly great.
Speaker 2: When they when they announced this, I went and found it was it was a really poor quality version, but it was up on YouTube and I saw like eight minutes of it and went, oh my god, this looks amazing. I have to get this. It is. It is just wild.
Speaker 3: I mean, just to see like guys in like in in Bonstrap, it is just shoffling down the Vegas strip and like just people. I just I can't recommend this disk enough.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: It is just total joy. That's so much fun.
Speaker 2: All right, all right.
Speaker 3: I want to keep going and doing to do it in a new years keep going. I will not grab anymore, okay, just because it's a movie that I never thought we would even have much less than a three disc edition and a freaking trunk is the prime evals from Full Moon? Like how I don't know what else I can say. I mean, this is a movie that that never really got completed, and they not only finished it, but they've actually giving you two cuts and just like just an insane amount of extras. I think one of the most just overboard packaging jobs I've ever seen in my entire life. If you've seen what looks like on the full movie, it's a huge yeah.
Speaker 2: And then Umbrella is doing a huge release of it. And then for those I know there was a lot of people upset that the Full Moon thing was super limited, they did just announce a standard version of the three disc version. I'm saying version a lot now. It sounds like not a real word. That's coming out in January of next year. So if you want to wait, you can get like a cut down version of just that. And that's good for everybody.
Speaker 3: So yeah, next up, back to vanyardson'd room again. Come more in here The Mark and Erotic Passion, which is a double feature of Technically they're under the million sne manner. I mean, they are technically hardcore, but they're not porn movies. There are these two really cool stylish crime movies from one of the Gida Wilson and they're both really fun. They're really good movies. They just happened to have because Greece is kind of like Brazil, they would actually just like throw sex into their movies just because that's what people wanted for some reason. I don't know why, but it's not very much. So if you're reversed that kind of thing, I would still say check these out because they're actually.
Speaker 2: Like really good thrillers.
Speaker 3: They're very sort of like jallow sort of and like sort of like French crime films and all kind of stuff is kind of all switched together, but they're really really good. I'm afraid people are going to kind of miss the boat on this one because they're gonna think it's poorant and they're really not. But the fact that they're like on Blueberry from the Negatives is just like staggeringly insane. I hope they keep doing this kind of stuff, because yeah, that was just not one that I saw coming at all, and it's it's just a fantastic release.
Speaker 2: I am sort of disheartened by how many it seems like, literally never go and check the mail YOUU Sine site. Now that they're not on the same website, they just are forgotten. And sure quite often the adult titles took way longer to sell out than the regular titles. However, they didn't take as long as they're taking on mil you scene right now, and it feels like there's many people that would have purchased them if they were on the Vinegar Center site, which doesn't make sense. But check it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you're out, like a regular Meloccene customer, like, please give this one a shot. Like I really can't recommend it enough. It's it's a really cool double feature. Next up back to Germany of Varia, another movie that will probably never come out here because the music writes are absolute hell. V Loorian rock checks The street Walker aka Lamarge from play On in a an insanely stacked special edition with a director's cut, which I had never even seen before. I didn't know that what we had was a producer's cut. We actually get two different versions of it, and the packing doesn't mention it but hasing the subtitles. But this is kind of an outlight has Silver Crystal and Joe Delessandro. It is a just gorgeous, like modern day kind of dreamy Paris film drama that he did. But the soundtrack is just nuts. It's got like tenn CC and like Elton John and like all this stuff in the soundtrack.
Speaker 2: This thing is nuts.
Speaker 3: But it's only cleared in Europe, which is why it has never come out over here and probably never will unless Cinematograph wants take a stab at it. But I can't imagine that happening. It's such a cool movie and the fact that we have this deluxe edition of it just kind of blows my mind. Uh Chris, I agree? Does need a blue right?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 3: I guess that's Specie eyes court would yeah, reptilicous.
Speaker 2: On UHD with with the original cut to.
Speaker 3: With the Danish cut. What else can I say? I don't know, it happened. We live in a strange world. It is I thank you finger syndrome.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm still trying to process that one, that that actually happened. Great release though, just pretty great. Death Squad from Mondo Macabre, fantastically trashy, nuts so French crime film with like maybe the most shocking title car I've ever seen for a movie. It's Oh my god, this movie is so much fun. And the fact that even did a limited UHD on it and it's out on Blue right now, Please get this one. It's very, very entertaining. A lot of people don't even know what this thing is, but it is just a total riot from start to finish.
Speaker 2: It's so much fun. One of their best, for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is. It is really great. AGFA pulling one out of the blue. This one is porn flat out, but it's wild sex demon completely lost, utterly forgotten gay porn take on The Exorcist. Wow, I didn't know what I was in for with this one, but you really there's no way I can describe this one here without getting your banned. But they really did just do a remake of The Exorsist, but as a seventies gayborn movie, and it is absolutely nuts. Oh the street Walker, Lamarge, I feel a couple Lamarge on Amazon dot di you'll find it, or just type silvery Crystal Blue Ray will be the first one that pops up.
Speaker 2: Or blu ray dot com. Change your icon at the top to the world and then type that yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great release another label of mine that I that I really love. There there they don't. They're not as prolific as I wish they were. But Lashatka Fume. They pout some of the great stuff lately, But the one that really threw me was the Matt Hart or Lakurfu.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: If you love like Andreslowsky, that kind of thing, this is right in that wheelhouse. It's got that kind of same kind of like just crazy kinetic camera style to it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: It's just kind of like another one that sort of tragic love stories out in the woods in France. But it is like one of the most visually stunny movies I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: And I never.
Speaker 3: Even thought it would hit Blue Ray. I thought it was still Gonner and somehow they managed to drag up the negative and it looks great. It's got English subs again region free fantastically. Don't know if it'll ever come out here. It deserves too, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I wish more of their titles got English subs, so too many of them don't have them, and it unfortunately knocks out a lot of people. I will say, while I was visiting La and got to see You, stopped in CD trader in Tarzana and to nowhere, I've never imagined this would be happening. I found the chat Quifume titles in a shop for sale on the shelves and I was like, this is amazing that. Yeah, it was great. Keep an eye out the the the chat titles that I was able to check out. They put so much love and attention to their releases. Again, I wish more of them were English friendly, but they do great work. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But when yeah, when they're English friendly, though, you can pretty much buy with confidence because I don't put out anything bad that I can think of. Yeah, their track record is pretty immaculate. And last of all, another group bene Your Syndrome shout out is Phase four. The fact that I actually reasembled the original sella Baths director's cut. What a release it's out and four K. It just absolutely stacked, has all of these It's just great.
Speaker 2: Like todd a.
Speaker 3: Bottom, it kind of came out during a flurry of releases they were doing where they were like dumping out so many titles a month. This one really got lost in the shuffle. Nobody's really talking about that much. But if you don't have it, please grab it. The movie is fantastic and UHD looks great and just having like the originally ending back in the movie itself, along this extra footish before that we didn't even know about before it's a real miracle release and I don't know how they pulled it off, but thank god.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Phase four is just absolute ten star release.
Speaker 2: In every way. There's been a lot of people complaining about the Vinegar Syndrome slate from this year, feeling like it's an underwhelming year for them, but there are certain ones like face Kiss, the fact that they I mean a year ago, if you would have told me Vinegar Cindrome was going to do Phase four, I would have definitely not agreed with that. I mean, they are They're a label that you would not have expected to have a title like that. But there's there's so many random things that they've done this year that are just sure, maybe it wasn't the most strong month, but they put out this title and that's very impressive. And the uhds that they've done have looked stellar all year. Yeah, there's a lot. Phase four is an incredible film. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, a lot of surprises this year. I mean I'm sure, and I mean rolling in September, I mean like I'm almost afraid to see what's going to happen by December.
Speaker 2: It's nuts. Yeah, Black Friday coming up, Speaking of that, next week is the flash sale pre order for their Black Friday sale already, and a lot of people don't even have the Severn Summer sales shipment yet, So here we are. Lots of complaints in coming on that commentary. Wise, Nathaniel's stuff coming out literally every Tuesday. Make sure you're following them if you like the way Nathaniel works on some of these titles. What's in the last year or so, what's the title that's been released with you on the disc that you are intensely proud of being able to talk about that film?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, obviously I mentioned Bloodline that's gonna be coming up very sharly, but that that was a real special one for me. I'm really proud of the new track that I did with Troy for Opera, but seven one that came out Watch of Smooler kind of confies because for various reasons, Troy and I did seber tracks on the old Scorpion release, but then we teamed up on this one.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: Completely different track. But it's a really good one. Yeah, and there's a lot of new stuff in there, so even if you have the old ones, you need to get this one. But yeah, yeah, really happy with that.
Speaker 2: One as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know a lot. We were still win on that sever and stuff, and actually I was really glad we got to do two of the in the Argenta's Deep Cuts set that came out that That's another surprising one. I had no idea that was going to be the four disc set when we did those. I neither're doing the Door in the Dark and series, but I didn't know it was going to be that. Yeah, when I saw the announcement, I was like.
Speaker 2: Holy crap.
Speaker 3: But yeah, those are really fun to work on as well. Getting to do two of the episodes of that that was a really cool one. So hopefully some folks have gotten their copies. Again, that's another one nobody's really talking about all that much, but take a look because that thing is just Aslee, just stacked beyond belief.
Speaker 2: As as we close, this maybe an abnormal plea for somebody that is into physical media like this, But I really want to say one thing, and that is a lot of people and a lot of companies see a spike in sales when they first release something, the initial announcement, The pre orders go crazy, it'll come out, and then it dies down and people just don't go back and buy catalog titles all that often unless it's a sale. Sure, some things I understand waiting for sales. We're all poor. It's twenty twenty four. I totally get that. However, there's a lot of places like the smaller companies, like stuff that we mentioned tonight, like Manda Macapro. There's a lot of older catalog titles that sure. Not a lot of people are talking about Hunting Ground that they put out a couple of years ago. Right now, all the limited red cases are sold out. Not very many people are buying the Blu ray. Those movies are still great. Go check out catalog titles. I know that these brand new ones are exciting and as hypocritical as this sounds on a night when we talked about amazing, surprising titles from this year, check out some older titles. There's still some amazing films in print, and before you lose your chance to get them, it's a great time to pick them up and support those companies. I mean, those films still need to make money and they need to be able to sustain and if it's something that you're into, always always support the company because they do great.
Speaker 3: Work and I would say, if you need more of a kick in the butt, just remember go to eBay and look at what Mona Micabo DVDs are selling for and that money doesn't go to them, so buy the stuff now. And Mona Micawber has been killing it this year. I mean it's every month. They've really been blowing.
Speaker 2: It out of the water. I mean it's some really wild stuff. And we still got Cafe Flesh foward k coming. Thank God, incredit well, Nathaniel, Thank you so much for taking the time out on a Thursday night. I know you're busy man, and this is rare, so I appreciate you being able to do this.
Speaker 3: Always a pleasure. Thank you for inviting me, everybody else come back next week.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have the boys from the almost major podcast back and uh we're gonna be doing something fun next week. But on that note, thanks for everything you do, Nathaniel. Thanks for everybody for being here. And it's it feels like a short night, but I feel like we covered a lot of stuff tonight, so sure did.
Speaker 3: Thank you again, and I hope next week has a lot of your black boxes for you and we'll just keep getting in trouble.
Speaker 2: Well, Criterion announces in a couple of days, we'll see how much they make me sense. Oh gosh, another one. Have a good week. We'll see everybody next Thursday.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening. To hear more shows from the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network. Please select the link in the description.