Speaker 1: Welcome to political beatdown. I'm Ben mysel is joined by Michael Cohen. I'm reminded by the song we didn't start the fire. It seems right now, Michael Cohen, since the election, in particular, the world is a powder keg. I mean, we're seeing a right wing leader in South Korea and President Yun try to declare martial law. We see pro democracy protests in Georgia. We can see what's going on in Syria as rebels there took over Aleppo, which is the first time they made serious advancements since twenty sixteen. You've got Vladimir Putin struggling with some of his own issues there, but making it very clear on state media or through state media, how happy he is about Donald Trump's picks. You've got the press into Mexico pushing back against Donald Trump. You've got tumult in Canada. You've got the parliament disbanding in France right now. And you know, all of these dominos, Michael Cohen, are no coincidence. America is integral to a stable world order. And one of the messages that Putin wanted to get out through an oligarch on state run DV is that any negotiations or discussions about Ukraine must be done within the broader context of a new world order with Russia.
Speaker 2: As its leader.
Speaker 3: We talked about that on the last episode of Political Beatdown. They leak that through the Financial Times, and so you know, I understand that, you know, for lots of people who tuned out, I actually don't fully understand how they did. But people who tuned out, maybe this was all hypothetical, this was all games, this was all rhetoric, but you see the reality abroad. And then also Cohen, We've been doing a lot of videos that I don't really enjoy doing the f around and find out series of union leaders who believe that deals that Trump told them we're gonna happen, they're now pissed that Trump's coming out and saying that these deals shouldn't happen. You've got black Republicans upset that there's only one black individual who's on the cabinet. You've got communities like in Georgia, for example, that have huge amounts of migrant populations in the carpentry industry, and they're saying, we're not gonna be able to sustain ourselves. In places like Marjorie Taylor Green's district that overwhelmingly voted for Donald Trump. Same thing, mass deportations potentially starting in Miami, so and that was an area that turned Trump. So Cohen a lot going on right now, a lot of chaos going on, and I think it's important while the media is still obsessed with I don't know, buying into Republican frameworks about Hunter Biden or whatever stupid things they're talking about, we need to orient our lens, our microphone, I think, on what's really happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, look, one of the things that you and I have both said for a year and now since we started this beatdown brigade, if you have a strong America, you have a strong world. If you have a weak America, you will have a weak world. And we're seeing that right now. I can't tell you the number of people that are walking around right now, all absolutely just like zombies, not sure what's going to happen. Is this related? Is it not related? And then Ben, as you said, they're not talking about things that are going to affect you and us. They're talking about things that still are on the gripe list of the now president elects campaign. Hunter Biden, Joe Biden. We're talking about the pardon. I mean, we're talking about everything that really has no effect on us. You know, in one of the podcasts that I have coming up, one of the things that I do is I draw an analogy, which is what happened here? How did so many people end up deciding that Donald Trump is the better candidate? His messaging was better. I'll grant you that it was shorter. It talked about gasoline and groceries. But here's what they missed. They were looking at the trees while ignoring the forest, plain and simple. They got blindsided. They got attracted to the shiny object right in front of them. It's like, you know, like what you do to a baby, right when the baby needs to be distracted, you know, you put something in front of their face, you iglated set of keys and so on. That's what happened here. And now, all of a sudden, you see all this regret coming out, and I say, fuck you. I say to them, fuck you. You don't have a right now to regret. When you turn around and you exactly fell for the con. When you're talking about steel workers now pissed because they were there backing. You know, the candidate Trump, and so they did gut punch. Trump upsets local union leaders by opposing US steel in the Pond deal. How about all of the Muslim Americans, whether it's in Pennsylvania all the way to Michigan. How about all the Muslim Americans that are angry at this administration over how things are going in the Gaza, and so they elected to vote for Trump or not to vote at all. We call that protest votes. Right, Well, guess what, Look at what you have now with a Mike Huckabee, with Mike Johnson, with the entire group turning around, and Jared Kushner talking about leveling Gaza and turning it into expensive vacation homes. Seriously, you got what you wanted. Now it's our responsibility ours to stay informed, stay active, stay in the know here on the Midas Touch Network, on my Michael Cohen YouTube channel, on my Maya Kulpa podcast, stay in the know, because if and I use that term, if if things go bad, you're gonna need to know what we can all do together as the collective community that Ben talks about all the time with such loving, with such loving grace. Right, we are a community here and our job is going to be to make sure that our voices are heard, and that if that means we all have to show up and start protesting, that's what we're going to need to do. So Michael Cohen.
Speaker 3: Here was the headline, gut punch. Trump upsets local union leaders by opposing the US Steel Nippon a deal. The Japanese company that's made this fourteen billion dollar offer to buy US Steel. US Steel says that's going to have to lay off people if it doesn't accept this offer. The article goes on to talk about a guy named Jason. The guy, Jason Za guy was there at all these Trump rallies in Pittsburgh, rallying all the union workers to vote for Donald Trump. Well, this is a controversial deal nationwide, it's not contraver. Within their local two to to seven, they support this deal ninety five percent. And Donald Trump led him on to believe that he was going to support this deal. Then Donald Trump posted, I'm strongly against this. I do not want to do this deal. Buy or beware, you know, And that's going to basically cost as a guy and probably the people he represents their jobs, you know. And then we see, you know, this guy Sean O'Brien. You know who I've been focusing on a lot. He's the head of the Teamsters. There seems there's not an invite to mar A Lago that he refuses to accept. He's always there. Thank you, Donald Trump, Thank you Donald Trump. He refused to endorse President Biden or Vice President Kamala Harris, despite Biden and Harris being the most pro union, pro worker, bottom up, middle out in the history. And here's where you need leaders, because I get it. Look, sometimes rank and file people you know, are very busy. They're getting all this disinformation streamed at them. They're working lots of hours to support their family. But leaders need to step up and lead. But instead you've got Sean O'Brien given the all thumbs up with Donald Trump over and over again. And everybody knew that Elon Musk would basically be serving as a co president for Donald Trump. Maybe the visuals of Elon Musk next to Trump are a bit jarring, but like the rhetoric here, I'm about to play you by Elon Musk is the same thing that Trump says. They've repeatedly said.
Speaker 2: How do you say that? Because one of our brigators here Brenda. She literally it's almost like she was reading my mind. It's right, I don't get it. You voted for him, Now you want to complain about it. Seriously, that's not how it works. Now. What we have to do, Ben, what we need to do with our brigaders is make sure again everybody stays in the know. And don't think that you do by watching the news elsewhere, because there's so much mess information and bullshit that's going on. There's so much lying that's going on. We may need to be incredibly vocal when it comes to the midterm elections because the way our founding fathers established this system, we actually have a lot more power than people think, and we're going to possibly we might have to really make sure that we use it so that we don't end up losing our democracy. We don't end up losing our rights. And trust me, if there's anybody that knows about losing their constitutional rights, it's me.
Speaker 3: You know, if someone were to say throughout their lives, you know, I hate Midas touch, I hate Ben, I hate the Midas Mighty, and repeat it over and over again, and then they ran on a campaign and then they said I hate you, but I'm gonna do great things for you. Okay, I hate you, but I'm gonna do great things for you. That's basically the equivalent of what Trump did, you know with all these different groups that he somehow convinced of over Mede. Trump's come out before and said how much he hates unions. He laughs at the idea of union workers getting fired for striking. His views and Elon Musks on unions are aligned where they don't think that unions should exist.
Speaker 2: So let me share with you.
Speaker 3: This is a video that was well known about Elon Musk, and Elon Musk always says these types of things. Trump says stuff like this. Here's Musk's view about unions. He says that he doesn't even think, he doesn't believe even in the concept of unions. And here's why let's play this clip.
Speaker 4: I disagree with the idea of unions, but perhaps for a reason that is different than people may expects, which is I just don't like anything which creates kind of a lords and peasants sort of thing. And I think the unions naturally try to create negativity in a company and create a sort of lords and peasants situation.
Speaker 3: Tesla factory workers in California are working so hard they're passing out on the production line. How do people buy that? Like, if you're in a union, an Elon Musk, who's worth three hundred billion dollars, an actual lord versus peasant dynamic before you, and that the unions are just simply negotiating so that you can get fair pay, fair pay so you can have a living wage, so you could literally live. And then you're gonna go with Elon Musk who says that unions create a lord's and peasants dynamic, you know. And we're seeing now all of these emboldened billionaires right all out of the shadows now saying where the oligarchs here? We are everybody, look how rich we are. And they're flaunting it now to Cohen, did you notice that, whether it's you know, a Jeff Bezos or others of that ilk, they are doing the oligark dance that we saw in Russia. And then they're like, oh, well, I'm very very confident this is what Bezos said. I'm very very confident that I'm looking forward to a Trump term because I just think there's so much regulation right now that's really anti business. Dude, you're worth three hundred billion dollars, and you amassed massive wealth while Biden was in office as well, which regulations existed.
Speaker 2: Let's be clear, though, Let's be clear about something. I'm gonna grant you one hundred percent of what you said. He meaning Elon Musk, made more money during the Biden administration than ever before in his entire life. In fact, I would even go so far as to say that the recent increase in his net worth by another eighty plus billion dollars while that took place on Biden's watch, it is the direct result of Trump winning the election. He made over eighty plus billion dollars since Trump won in November. I want you to imagine the kind of numbers that we're talking about. This is not a joke. It's not a joke when you know they're now in charge of imagine this dojie program Department of Government Efficiency. Seriously, when they talk about cutting two trillion dollars from our budget, remembering that our budget is somewhere about seven billion, they want to cut two billion or a third of the budget. These only one First of all, if you seventy what is it? Uh? I think it's like seventy five percent of our budget is fixed in stone. You cannot change. It's only twenty five percent, which amounts believe it or not, to one point five billion. Even if they cut all of that, you know what that's cutting. That's cutting like one hundred and nineteen billion dollars from veterans' health, veterans affairs. You're talking about Medicare, Medicaid, You're talking about nih You're talking about the FBI. I mean, you're talking about Bureau of Prisons. You talk, I mean, give me a fucking break. Are you kidding me? You're gonna cut the entire budget for example of the FBI? Really? I mean, who even talks like this? Who? I mean? Instead, they're talking about tax breaks, they're talking about getting rid of regulation. What are we doing? What is what is going on here? I mean? And the worst, I'm not even gonna put Trump in this in this category, it's the people that are surrounding him. Each one of them has a vested interest in taking on the role that is being offered to them. And look, I want to give you guys an inside perspective of exactly what happened in twenty sixteen when Trump won there was no transition book, which is historically what every single president does. You take all of the slots that need to be filled, started with the cabinet all the way down. It's like a thousand plus positions that need to be filled, and that includes everybody from ambassadors to consulates and so on. And there's a real team, a real team that works on this for months and months, and they speak to people on a daily basis and then they vet them. Well, that's not what happened with us. In twenty sixteen, all of a sudden, I had Jared Kushnin shows up to my office. They give me a stack of papers about an inch stick that has all of the open slots with a bunch of lines underneath each one. Fill in the names of anybody that you think would be good for that spot. Really, so am I going to say, Oh, yeah, Attorney General? How about Ben Marcellus. He's a lawyer, he represented Colin Kaepernick, he's a smart guy, he teaches at USC. Sounds good to me. Let's make him fucking attorney general. And then they turn around they ask him, Hey, Ben, how many trials have you been a prosecutor? Right? And he says no, Well, maybe don't. Oh, you know what, Ben's good with the checkbook. Let's make him secretary of the Treasury. Come on, this is what's happening here. And every single person it's either one of the billionaire class that surrounds him, like a Linda McMahon, right, who gave Trump many millions of dollars with her husband Vince McMahon of the WWE. McMahon's let's give her education. Let's give this one that one. Let's take the entire team over at Fox News and let's bring them into the White House, because these are people that we worked with.
Speaker 3: You mentioned my representation of Colin Kaepernick. One of the things in that experience that fascinated me back then in twenty sixteen twenty seventeen was to watch how lots of people identified this is a parallel to now with ownership with the billionaire owners over the labor because people imagined themselves with that kind of wealth, and they would see the billionaire owners and they would think that's attainable for me, and the billionaire owners would make them think that is. And so the flashy lifestyle and the Lamborghinis and the mansions and the yachts, people thought I could be the owner and basically be the lord over the peasant when the real lords are treating you like the peasant and are stopping you from advancing. What Donald Trump was able to do was to convince basically people who he's keeping in peasant like conditions that he's one of them. But ultimately he is the biggest voice of the lords, the oligard class in the United States of America that is directly screwing these people. And who is he appointing to his cabinet? Who is he appointing to senior administration officials? Billionaires about nine of them already, nine billionaires. People who don't even have experience in the areas, you know, like a billionaire who's now running the United States Navy, who runs a hedge fund, who was never in the navy. You know, you have a deputy.
Speaker 2: By the way, he's a friend. He's a friend of mine for twenty years.
Speaker 3: Not in the navy doesn't change that deputy is a deputy, you know. I mean, I'm a friend of yours. Would you want me to be the head of the Navy.
Speaker 2: No? But he did marry a Dallas cowboy cheerleader.
Speaker 3: He married a Dallas cowboy cheerleader. But going to the.
Speaker 2: Point that I by the way, he's a very smart guy, but you're not wrong. I mean, you know, listen, as a kid, he sat in the bathtub with a little rubber ducky and a boat. And now all of a sudden, the secretary of the Navy. Look, I used to watch Star Trek as a child. You're gonna put me in charge of Space Force. I mean, you know, at some point in time, we could have so much fun, you know, poking at this thing. The problem. This isn't supposed to be funny. This is this is our country, this is our protection, this is our national security. It's like, yeah, I used to have multiple firearms I was licensed to carry. Does that now you're gonna put me in charge of the FBI? Come on, my dad's a surgeon. My dad's a head and neck reconstructive surgeon. You're gonna make me the head of the HSS. You know.
Speaker 3: Look, people are angry, and I think that one of the fundamental misunderstandings by the Harris campaign was that people, actually a lot of them, didn't want to go forward. They weren't looking for the hope. They were looking to vent their anger at somebody, right, and Donald Trump was saying, look, they're eating your cats and dogs. It's the migrants, it's this group, it's trans people. Here here, here's who did this to you. But it was always Trump. It's the Kaiser, so same moment, right, of the usual suspects. It's Trump. He's the one doing it to you. And it's Trump policies that put you in this position. That's what needs to be articulated.
Speaker 2: No, no, Ben, No, I'm sorry. We put ourselves in this position because I want to delay you a shiny object in front of their nose, all right.
Speaker 3: I want to debate that with you. We got to take our first quick break of the show. I want to remind everyone about Michael Cohen's YouTube channel at the Michael Cohen Show. Go to at the Michael Cohen Show now. Also make sure you subscribe to the Maya Culpa Blue podcast and join us at patreon dot com slash Political Beatdown. We held a lovely live. It was fun seeing it everyone at that line. We have a recording of it in case you missed it that Zoom meeting, but join us in the next Zoom meeting next week. We would love to see there, Colin, we're going to debate that we got to take our first quick break.
Speaker 2: Of the show. When I was in my early twenties, I developed an ear infection that caused me to lose, believe it or not, more than eighty percent of my hearing, and since then it's actually gotten worse. But the truth is I never bought a hearing aid out of vanity. Despite my dad, who's an odal eringologist and a diplomat in headingeck reconstructive surgery. He's an NT surgeon. He sent me to his audiologist telling me to do so, and then I got my empty hearing aid and I couldn't be happier. My wife and my children couldn't be happier. You know why, because they don't have to keep repeating themselves, and my friends they don't worry where they sit anymore at the table because I can hear now from both sides, which is why I'm excited to say that this podcast is sponsored by Hearing. Empty Hearing is an FDA registered rechargeable hearing aid that costs a fraction of what typical hearing aids cost. Empty hearings NEO model that's the one that I have in my ear right now. It costs over ninety percent less than clinic hearing aids. The Neo fits right inside the ear, so no one will even know that it's there. Plus plus, Empty Hearing just launched the Neo Excess Empty Hearing, smallest hearing aid ever. Empty Hearing recently cut their price in half. I mean that means that you're gonna get their high quality, rechargeable digital hearing aid for only two hundred and ninety seven dollars a pair. In fact, I called Ben immediately after to tell them how great that they are. I mean, I can actually hear. I even called my dad, who wears the hearing aid himself, and I brag to him about my new empty hearing aid. I mean, I told him it's just as good as premium quality hearing aids. And two hundred and ninety seven dollars a pair for hearing aid, it's just crazy. Mpty Hearing was founded by an anti surgeon just like my dad, who saw how many of his patients needed hearing aids but they couldn't afford them, or like me vanity, He made it his mission to develop a quality hearing aid that anyone could afford. Empty Hearing has sold over one point nine million hearing aids and they offer a forty five day risk free trial with a one hundred percent money back guarantee, so you can buy with confidence. And if you're still on the fence about empty Hearing, they were just selected to be the hearing aid supplier for top Medicare advantage plans, so they are a brand that you can trust. Look here, I'll prove it to you. There's my hearing aid. Do you see how small this thing is and it goes right into So this holiday season, get the hearing aid you deserve. With Empty Hearing. Go to shop mdhearing dot com and use promo code b E A T beat to get a pair of hearing aids for just again two hundred ninety seven dollars plus plus they're adding a free extra charging case that's one hundred dollars value just for listeners of Political Beatdown. So go right now that shop mdhearing dot com and use our promo code beat B E A T and get a pair of hearing ags for just two hundred and ninety seven dollars. Again, shop emdhearing dot com and use promo code beat b e A T go there.
Speaker 3: Now, welcome back to Political Beatdown CO. And I can't tell you how many people, including you, telling me privately that MD hearing has helped them. Here there's some people who don't like wearing the hearing aids that getticks that you can see. And so it's so small and people have said like, I've never I've never heard these sounds. Thank you for recommending that. So that's a pretty cool way.
Speaker 2: And I have it. I have it, of course I do.
Speaker 3: So let me show we were having a debate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll show you. Love it, you and I.
Speaker 3: You and I were having a debate before the ad break, where you know, I was framing the issue more in terms of this billionaire class and Trump as their vessel doing this to us, and your response was more like, no, we did this to ourselves. So I want to flesh out that discussion. But let me just show you these two things.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 3: First, I want to show you Jeff Bezos at the recent New York Times summit. I'll just show you a short clip of this. Let's play it.
Speaker 5: We're talking about Trump. I think it's very interesting. I'm I'm actually very optimistic this time around that we're going to see. I'm very hopeful about this is he seems to have a lot of energy around reducing regulation, and my point of view, if I can help him that, I'm going to help him.
Speaker 3: What about the idea that he thinks that the press is the enemy, Well.
Speaker 5: I I think he I'm going to try to talk him out of that idea. I don't think the press is the enemy. And I don't think you know, he's also you've probably grown in the last fight years he has too, like it's you know, this is not the case. The press is not the enemy.
Speaker 3: I hope you're right, he goes, I hope you're right. And he's not right because we've heard what Donald Trump said. There's nothing to indicate that Donald Trump's changed at all. And Bezos, right there is basically admitting, in my opinion that look, we're okay with some fact. I'll try to I'll try to talk Trump out of the fascism, okay, but less regulation. And meanwhile, Bezos is worth, by my last check, two hundred and twenty eight point four billion dollars. Two hundred and twenty eight point four billion dollars. Who actually needs that amount of money? Let me show you this with Bill Gates though as well, because here's a short moment of it. I'll'll show you a very short clipment.
Speaker 2: If you got ninety nine percent of your money, you'd still be a multi billionaire.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it's one hundred and thirty eight billion dollars and I can do.
Speaker 2: Math right, If you get rid of ninety nine percent, I'd have one point three billion. I'm so sorry, you know.
Speaker 3: And you see the people laughing there, you.
Speaker 2: Know, what's money? What's funny about that?
Speaker 3: Actually exactly what's fun what is funny about that? And you have going back to what Elon Musk said about unions, right, this is why I say this is the billionaires who are pushing this agenda with all of their money, saying, you know what, it's the unions that are causing to lord peasant dynamic, you know when he says it, and I'm the rocketman and so I'm supposed to be, you know, and he's smart. I mean, he's still created these or helped build these companies. But then people like, oh yeah, maybe unions are creating a lord peasant dynamic and that's why I'm not getting a living wage while these billionaires are out there like saying aha, and then they've amassed like the most money ever. And this was in my view though, Cohen, here's the thing, this was a concerted agenda by billionaires who had lots of money in the seventies and eighties, but they wanted it all and they spent all this time crushing people. And people are pissed now and so they're just blaming incumbents or whoever you tell them to get angry at. But this was a plan, Cohen, don't. I don't blame the people. The people were forced into this, I think by billionaires.
Speaker 2: But you disagree, Yeah, I don't think the billionaires forced anybody. When you saw Elon Musk jumping up and down, you know, acting like a four year old on the stage, or you saw you know, I heard some of the comments that were being made by people like Rfk. Stop we all have a response. Twenty million Democrats didn't even vote during this election cycle, possibly, as we have said a million times on this show and others, the most consequential election of our lifetimes, and it was too fucking hard for them to get up and go to the voting station and cast their vote. Really, how does something like that happen. Twenty million Democrats didn't vote, and then all of a sudden you had unions. It was Joe Biden and Kamala Harris that walked the picket line. That's number one. It was Kamala Harris and Joe Biden that are trying to create some sort of a two state solution instead of listening to now, what's going to be Mike Huckabee, who doesn't even believe to use the term Palestine. He goes back to the old biblical name. And they don't even believe that a two state solution should even be a thought. Right. I'm not saying that it should be. I don't know the situation well enough to apply, but not to even have a thought that they want to level the whole place, and that Trump's going to come in on day number one and said, if you don't return the hostages right now, right now, we're going to level the whole place. Stop. This isn't how things are supposed to work.
Speaker 3: Well, let me push back a little bit on the on some of the premise. So number one, we the people elected representatives who passed on a bipartisan basis twenty years ago or so campaign finance reform. Right, there was campaign finance that was then challenged by Republicans, the precursors to the kind of MAGA movement. It went before the Supreme Court, a case called Citizens United was heard, and then they ruled. The Supreme Court right wing Supreme Court ruled that unlimited amounts of money by billionaires can be spent through political action committees and unlimited monies can go into the elections. The people voted for people who passed legislation, and a right wing Supreme Court said that corporations are people and have a First Amendment right to interfere in elections. So to me to blame the people for what the Supreme Court justices as part of a right wing agenda did to kind of topple the American experiment. You know, I think is I think, I think there's something there. Also, sixty percent of Americans have below a sixth grade education, so fifth grade or less. Because one of the things that Republicans have done and will continue to do, and we see this with the Doge Committee, what are they going to attack the Department of Education? What do they want to do? Replace history books with bibles in the classroom. And while I believe people who have strong religious convictions who want to read a Bible can do so in their private time and their free time at their places of worship, they want to replace history books with Bibles, and they're doing that in places like Oklahoma right now. No longer separation of church and state, which is kind of the types of things that you and I learned in Cohen, even when I'm a little bit younger than you. But even when I went and grew up and took history courses, I learned about civics. I learned about how a bill becomes a law. I still watched the Schoolhouse Rocks type of stuff. I'm telling you this generation right now and the younger crew that's that's always perpetually on social media. This generation right now that voted for Donald Trump, they're on their tiktoks, that's what all they're looking at. They're not getting any type of civics education at all about things that are happening, and so they're just going by what their favorite podcaster is telling him, or what this person or that person is telling him. So I hear you that. Obviously, in a democracy, it is we the people who have the ultimate responsibility. But I do want to be clear that just the same way that nicotine and drugs can have a powerful influence over people, billionaires using money to prop up this.
Speaker 2: You know that's my except, right, except here's here's the thing. Let me let me say this. Do you recall how many times ben I said people don't listen to what you're hearing. Trust your eyes and trust your ears. If what you're hearing is that shit crazy, and you don't need an education to know that something that shit crazy. That people in Springfield, Ohio are eating cats and stop. Stop, it's just stupid, all right. And you know you see people on television turning around and saying, my pet's not gone. My pet found its way to the basement. And then we ultimately found the cat a day later. Right, you see it with your eyes, you hear it with your ears. Trust your eyes, trust your ears, and don't let them tell you that your eyes aligning, you that your ears aligning. That's the whole problem here, all right. This isn't that I don't care how many times you tell a bullshit story. A bullshit story should always be considered a bullshit story. And thank god for groups like Midas, Touched Network, and others like a Lincoln project. We are out there twenty four to seven trying to yell. I try to yell from the rooftops any place that I could do it, to turn around and to say stop stop. I'm not saying that all of Trump's policy sees a bed.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Some of them I actually agree with. But what I don't like is the manner to which that they're being rolled out or by the individuals that this transition team that's working for Trump. By the way, I think they're screwing Trump up something royally. This transition team did no research at all on any of these people, from the Pete hegsets to Matt Gates. They had to clearly know it wasn't going to work for them. But it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter the people that are being asked for us to trust to run these massive departments. Forget about the fact that they have no experience in it, they have their own personal problems, and that they shouldn't have been offered the nomination in the first place. It goes back to what I was saying before. They're all scrambling right now to fill positions, and I know it because I saw it coin.
Speaker 3: You know, the word of the year from Oxford Dictionary, it's brain rot. And you know, to your point in theory, when people hear stupid things, they would react a certain way. But like we're living in these different kind of meme wars. I mean, you know, what do you hear on TikTok all this stupid stuff about like barn saying my suitcase, my suitcase. You know, I was there for that videotape and that would repeat over and over and over again. But I think that was released to kind of normal try to normalize the facily. But all I heard of people going around me, you know, was like, oh.
Speaker 2: My suitcase, my suitcases.
Speaker 3: And I'm just like, all right, stop with the suitcase thing. But then he but then talking about brain rot. I mean, just think about over the past twenty four hours. I mean, there's like literally a person right now. I think her name is like Halle Welch who's called like the Haktua girl because she was asked when she was leaving a club like what makes men happy? And she goes, I haktua on them, which is a reference to a sexual thing that went viral. People made all these songs about Haktua. She got a podcast, she got all this money, and she leveraged it to sell this meme coin, you know the way Trump sells like crypto. She sold this meme coin. And here's the barstool right here.
Speaker 2: I think it was called the Tua coin.
Speaker 3: It was called the Tactua coin, and it goes barstool rights. The Haktua girl launched a meme coin. Everybody lost their money. People want her throne in jail, and then this other person goes yep, that's the twenty twenty four US economy in a nutshell. So yes, when Donald Trump's out there saying eating dogs and eating cats, and remember this is an era where people spent millions of dollars to buy the haktuah coin like and it's ridiculous. But what we have to recognize is brain rot is a real thing. I think you have to channel people's anger though in the right directions and say na, no, no, it's there. This is who's doing it to you?
Speaker 2: You have to Yeah, let me jump in for quick second here. What made this young lady so virally famous is because it was salacious. It was something that was a literal ten second clip It was somebody asking her, you know something, you know sexual, and then she gave this thing. You got a hat and spin on that thing, right, and that went fucking viral nuts. You know what didn't go viral nuts? Bend me standing on top of the rooftops, going on every station from ABC to NBC, to CBS to CNN to MSNBC, going there and saying, we have a real serious problem. I am me, Michael Cohen, am the first political prisoner held by this country because I refused to waive my First Amendment constitutional rights. And I've been trying to explain that if they could do that to me, they can and they will do that again. Going forward, Lo and behold this morning. My buddy Jeffrey Levine, friend of mine since high school. He's a lawyer. I asked him if he would do me a favor. The day I was required to go down to five hundred Pearl Street to meet with Department of Probation, these two people, Adam Pecoula and his superior Enid Phoebus. I was asked to go there in order to sign the Federal Location Monitoring Agreement. You probably all remember that when I was unconstitutionally remanded. Well, we have been fighting now for four years in order to get the documents under foyer. Well, lo and behold. After the court required them to do it, they start shitting it out in bits and pieces. Well, last night we got a couple of hundred documents.
Speaker 3: The Cohen before going before going into it, we have to take I want you to tell people what's in those documents is crazy.
Speaker 2: Stay with us.
Speaker 3: We got to take our last quick breakup of the show. Make sure you all subscribe to at the Michael Cohen Show YouTube and patreon dot com slash Political Beat that we'll be ready.
Speaker 2: You know, when you discover a new bingeworthy show or a song that you bump on repeat and you have to share with your friends so they can experience just how awesome it is. I mean, that's kind of what it feels like when you discover that mint Mobile offers premium wireless service for fifteen dollars a month when you purchase a three month plan. I mean, it's such an awesome deal that there's no way you can keep it to yourself. Me. I love my mint Mobile fifteen dollars a month. Literally, it's insane. I mean, friends don't let friends over pay for wireless, So say bye bye to your overpriced wireless plan and switch right now to mint Mobile. I mean Mintmobile is here to rescue you and your squad with premium wireless plans again starting at just fifteen bucks a month, and all plans come with high speed data and unlimited talking text delivered on the nation's largest five G network. And you use your own phone with any Mintmobile plan and bring your phone number along with you and all your existing contacts. Go ditch right now the overpriced wireless with Mintmobiles deal and you get three months of premium wireless service for fifteen bucks a months. To get this new customer offer of your new three month premium wireless plan for just fifteen bucks a month, go right now to mintmobile dot com slash beat that's m I n T, m ob I l E dot com slash beat wireless bill to fifteen bucks a month at mintmobile dot com slash beat. Forty five dollars up front payment required. That's equivalent to fifteen dollars a month. New customers on first three month plan only, speed slower above forty gigabyte on unlimited plan. Additional taxes, fees, and restrictions apply. See mint Mobile for details. Golden Nugget Online Casino invites you to turn the cold gold. So transform your winter moments into winning ones with all your casino favorites like the Thrilling Slot, Icy Wilds, Blackjack, and exclusive games that you can't find anywhere else. Plus enjoy special seasonal rewards or winter long so are the spinning reels of doubling down. Make this a season to celebrate now. New players sign up with code Beatdown and Spin for a shot at up to one thousand dollars in casino credits with a minimum depot a five or more only on Golden Nugget Online Casino. So make any moment golden gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler and please play responsibly twenty one plus physically President in Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia only VOYD in Ontario. It's one per new customer. Deposit five dollars and spin wheel to receive ten dollars to one thousand dollars in non madurable casino credits for select games that expire in one hundred and sixty eight hours. Terms at Goldennugget Casino dot com slash welcome, Welcome back.
Speaker 3: To political Beatdown. Michael Cohen. During that break, right before the break, you told us that you actually got these Foyer documents. I want to hear what was in them, and I do want to remind people though. You know, one of the frustrations that I had when I was a civil rights lawyer, when I would be representing people like you, is you would make Freedom of Information Act request because in order for you as the lawyer to file documents for your pleadings, guess what you need. You kind of need the documents. You need the facts, you need the evidence. And in business dispute cases sometimes you have them right because the emails go back and forth. Maybe there's a contract and you may have the corpus. Not all of them that you get during discovery, but you get them during discovery. Also, in civil rights cases, when you file the complaint, the other side brings a motion to dismiss right and that stops discovery in most so you don't get to get these documents. And then when you file the complaint, usually before you file it, the police department or in this case, the Department of Justice and the FBI and the Bureau of prisons. They don't turn over the records. So you go turn them over. They go, no, turn them over. I really need them. No, I'm not going to get exemption. You can go to court. Hey, we're citing the ongoing investigation exemption.
Speaker 2: You get it. So you want one that turns out as methods and process could be harmed.
Speaker 3: So you went all the way up to the Supreme Court on the lawsuit that you filed. They rejected your petition, but you didn't.
Speaker 2: Even have the documents. Now you got.
Speaker 3: I wanted to give everybody the framework that now you got the documents.
Speaker 2: So why this is important is one of the reasons that I've been yelling this across the world day in and day out, whether it's here or my podcast or anywhere that I could, is because what happened to me, I don't ever want to see happen to you. And I know we have a bunch of assholes you know that watch us stay you know, each and every week, and you make these nasty comments about well you work for him and so on. Yeah I did when he was the president and CEO of a family run real estate branding development company. Yeah, and yes, yes, I thought he was going to be a totally different type of president. But my biggest concern after obviously everything went south, was that it should not ever happen to you, and it should never happen to anybody else. And when we start to see people like Matt Gates being offered positions of attorney general, I promise you this would be the norm. Now. I don't know anything about Pambondi, you know, in terms of what she would it would not do. I did support her because Trump directed us all to years ago, but I don't know whether she would do it, whether she's that much of an actolyte. But here's what happened with one out of several hundred documents that I just saw, and it was the second one. So that's why I was able to put up because I've been doing other things, like working on my third book. But this is from Sonya Thompson, who is Assistant General Counsel to the Bureau of Prisons, to Hugh Horowitz, who is the Eastern Division representative for the Bureau of Prisons, to a guy named Emery Nelson, who is a he's like the pr guy for the Bureau of Prisons. And you know what they have in their memo the subject, do you have concerns and what did the concerns talk about? The concerns talked about A Reuter's journalist asked them a series of questions. You said earlier that Cohen didn't agree to electronic monitoring. At what point did this occur? Our understanding is that he was at the courthouse to review the terms of the agreement and he never even got a chance to object. Also, the BOP policy of pre approved for media interviews is not what BOP was asking Cohen to sign. He was asked to sign a document that says he would have no engagement with the media, which is different from saying he needs approval before engaging with the media. Finally, the wording of the terms presented to Cohen explicitly says there is to be in quotes no engagement of any kind and quotes including through books. The plain reading of this means he cannot release a book as a means of communicating. There is no need to reach a legal conclusion here. Are you suggesting that this requires him to get prior approval from BOP before publishing, because that is clearly not what the terms say. Then it's signed by the individual from Reuter's PS. I have filed a FOYER And to those that don't know what FOYA is, it's a Freedom of Information Act as you suggested. But I would urge the BOP to consider releasing the information outside of FOYA, or at the very least provide us with a number of inmates who as to sign similar to Cohen's terms, which will go beyond the u usual BOP policies of talking to the media. But then the kicker is the very last part, the very last paragraph here. It's from the GOP to this Reuter's reporter. Hello, so and so, and I think I know who the person is. I'm waiting to hear back from them. Your characterization of what is occurring prior restraint is a legal conclusion. While the applicable BOP Policy Program Statement five to three five zero point two seven to which you are citing, authorizes inmates to write and publish manuscripts, it does not speak to the issue which you are raising, which is promotion of said manuscript via the media. We decline to comment further as to this aspect of your line of inquiry. They didn't want any more of this, which is why they asked at the very beginning. Should we be concerned. They lied. They lied to the court. They lied during the habeas petition by my lawyer Donia, when they were having me returned from the unconstitutional reman They lied in my civil action against the Bureau Prisons, Department of Justice, the United States of America and Bill Barr Right. They lied on the Second Circuit Appeal Appellate Court, and they lied on the rid of Havia of the Writ of Cerciari to the Supreme Court. The government lied to the courts in order to protect their unconstitutional behavior. And again my big concern, it already happened to me. I did my fifty one days of solitary, I did my entire six year term. I'm done. I want to make sure that not this upcoming administration, but any upcoming administration never ever does it to anyone ever again. It is fucking wrong. It's unconstitutional, and it's Unamerican, and it should never ever ever have happened to me. And I want to make sure, as long as I'm still breathing, I want to make sure this never happens to anyone ever again. And you know the funny thing, I don't even blame Trump for this. I blame Bill Barr, because there's no way in the world that people like you Horowitz or uh, what's the names here? You got? Uh? Who else is there? Sonya Thompson or Emery Nelson? They weren't speaking to Trump. But I guarantee you their people were speaking to Bill Barr. And as the attorney general, he should have known better, He should have done better, and he should have said this is unconstitutional and we cannot and should not do it. And for that reason, Bill Barr, you get the two fucking fingers salute, you bloviated piece of shit.
Speaker 3: Who do you think Bill Barr was talking to?
Speaker 2: Though, you know, it's a great question. I'm not one hundred percent certain that he was actually speaking to Trump. He could have been speaking to Kushner, He could have been speaking to Ben I don't know. But what I do know is Bill Barr, for certain, he I could say one hundred percent for certain, was behind all of this. Who put it into his ear? I would like if I had two questions that I would be permitted to ask Trump face to face. The first question I would want to know is why, and second did you know about this? That's the two questions I would like to know. This is one hundred percent. It is unconstitutional, it's Unamerican. And my biggest fear is that what they did to me, expect to start seeing more and more and more as this new administration, depending upon who becomes Attorney General, depending upon who ends up in positions of power. That's my biggest fear. Well, look, I think Trump knew. I think Trump my own opinion is my opinion. I think that he either that the people who you mentioned to Bannon or Kushner, I mean they're talking to try so to me, it all ends with or goes up the ladder to Trump. But I hear your perspective. But let me reflect on this as well. Though.
Speaker 3: The doctrine that basically gave the Bureau of Prisons and the Department of Justice community that the Supreme Court held, or the Court of Appeals held, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals held, is a doctrine though that's very alarming, especially when it comes to not just you, but mass deportations, because it's another form of immunity. And what the immunity basically says is that if Congress doesn't pass a specific law that permits you to file lawsuits against say the FBI or Ice or whoever, and those don't exist. There's nothing on the books like a wrongful death action against Ice, for example. Then unless Congress creates this doctor and there's nothing. This is how it's been interpreted now, which I think is incorrect. But this is how the right wing Supreme Court says it. There's nothing in the Constitution that creates an inferred or implied cause of action to give you the right to sue or to vindicate your rights. No one said that Cohen lost on the merits. Quite the contrary. The federal judge said, on the merits, Cohen is right. He was targeted as a political prisoner. However, Congress didn't pass the law that in this specific situation allowed. This is what they argued, allowed Cohen to invoke his constitutional rights to bring a simple case. And Cohen said, what are you talking about. Here are all of the amendments that give me that right. It says it, And they said, sorry, Congress needs to pass the law. So if you think about mass deportations, what happens if Ice breaks it to kill somebody and then that family files a lawsuit. Ice is going to be citing the same doctrine that got Cohen's case dismissed, and I think it's important that we analyze and in that context.
Speaker 2: As you know, then some of those that follow us, like I hate that Cohen is constantly ranting about what Trump and you know the Republicans did to him. I don't give a shit and so on. Let me say this why it's an ignorant statement to make why you should care, And I constantly say it one because it happened to me, So I have personal knowledge that you don't. But my sole purpose I could sit back and say nothing. What happens when it happens to you or someone who you care about or somebody else. And what happens if that gets repeated again and again and again, like what happened during the times of Stalin. All I have to do is turn around and say, John Doe said this next thing, you know, you have people showing up to your house taking you away and violating your First Amendment constitutional rights. I went through hell. I can tell you I know what hell looks like. I didn't go through it once, I went through it twice. And what I'm trying to do is ensure that nobody else ever has to experience what I did, and if that doesn't make sense to you, then you may be actually so misguided. You shouldn't be a part of this brigade of community. And I hate asking somebody to sort of stay away, because our goal is to create millions so that if and when shit goes bad, that we have a community so big that we cannot be ignored. It's why I take pride when I tell people that the Midas Network has more than three point three million subscribes, more than CNN and MSNBC more and that's why I'm so proud to be associated with this network. I want to make sure that the damage that they did to me and my family that they never do it again to anybody. And I hope that explains to you the reason why I repeat it over and over and over, because sometimes you have to yell from the mountaintop again and again and again in order for everybody to hear it.
Speaker 3: Let me close with this, For people who are critical of you or your positions, or people who it may be sympathetic with Midas Touched, but they are critical of you, it would have been very easy for you in that twenty seventeen period to continue to cover up the wrongdoing by them. You could have done nothing. You could have kind of deal with him to get pardoned. By him. You likely would have been pardoned your You probably would have kept your law license and kept everything you could have grifted and made tens of millions of dollars off of RNC donors and Trump donors and all the people who get the email, created your kind of Cohen law firm. You know, maybe you would have been prosecuted, but once you were pardoned, if you if you know, when he pardoned you, you could have made millions of dollars. You would not have development.
Speaker 2: I'd probably be a nominee for a position right now.
Speaker 3: You may be a Supreme Court I mean you may be a Supreme Court justice attorney general. You know that that was a path, honestly, that that that you could have took. You're at a time when it was most difficult to stand up against him. Right in that time period, your moral compass, the values that you were born with, the fact that you're a descendant of people who were Holocaust survivor, everything that led you to that moment told you in your core, I can't go along with with Trump's I can't do it, and I know that that's going to have massive ramifications for me, But I can't go on and just say and do nothing. And so you spoke out, and you face solitary confinement, imprisonment, no pardon, you know, and you've testified over and over. You get attacked in the media from Fox, you get attacked in the media from MSNBC, you get attacked in the media from CNN.
Speaker 2: You know you you know.
Speaker 3: So I just one of the things with my representation, for example, of Colin Kaepernick, I'm always been attracted to or fascinated with and wanted to help people who, during the most difficult moments, stood up and resisted and told the truth and did the really hard thing. That aspect of it is is what drew me to you back then, and I just always want to remind people of that because I think with the passing of time maybe sometimes people forget all all of that. So I'll leave people with that. I believe it's an honor to host this show with you, Michael Cohen, and you know, and I think that there's you know, these are not easy times, but I am very confident, I'm very hopeful actually that in these uneasy times that we're going to come out stronger. But we got to be united. We got to work together. We can't cannibalize each other, you know, and we got to focus on building. And we've always tried to be a voice of positivity and community building. Uh here and not bringing people down. So hit subscribe here. I'm joining us.
Speaker 2: But I see a lot of people like, you know, a lot of people are saying, oh, pardon, you know, Joe Biden should pardon Michael Cohen. You know, if you go to my Twitter x account at Michael Cohen two one two pinned right to the top is a way you can actually send a letter to the White House to Joe Biden regarding that. So if you want to, about twenty thousand people have done it so far. The more the Merria. It takes a couple of minutes at most, but certainly it would be very much appreciated, because yeah, we have on six days left.
Speaker 3: Everybody, Thank you so much. That brother coming to one too. The show I do with my brothers will be on this evening at eight eastern five Pacific. Join us then. Also, I think we still have the poll up right now. Maybe we'll run a poll for you Cohen about pardoning you. The poll we had was for Hunter Biden. Do we think that Hunter Biden should be pardoned. It's on the community page, so you can check that out. Maybe we'll drop it in the chat as well, but you go to our community page and just fill out that poll, because we really want to get a.
Speaker 2: Sense of it.
Speaker 3: I think right now, on the back end, it shows that like ninety six percent of Might's touched net viewers agree with the pardon, which is so interesting when you compare it to the way corporate media has been portraying it versus I think what kind of rank and file, core base voters actually feel about it. Everybody, we love you, We're grateful for you. Subscribe to the mea Culpa Blue podcast, subscribe to at the Michael Coach YouTube channel. Do all of that now. Thank you so much. We'll see you next week. Hang in there, We'll be there by your side every step of the way. We love you, we're grateful for you, and have a wonderful rest of your day.