Speaker 1: I'm Colleen O'Shaughnessy and you're tuned In with Jim Cummings.
Speaker 2: If you're a fan of everything we do here at tuned In with Jim Cummings, you could support the show on Patreon for bonus exclusive podcasts, as well as early in ad free access to the show itself, prize drawings, and more. You'll feel the difference, so go ahead and join the tuned In family today at patreon dot com slash Jim Cummings Podcast. Do it now? How you doing out there? It's me Tigger, I am Dark Wayne Duck. It's me Bunkers Deep Bobcat. All right, y'all, did it Ray your favorite firefly you desire? Hondo, Old knock Guy. My name is Jim Cummings and welcome to tuned In.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, everybody to another episode of Tuned In with Jim Cummings. I'm producer Chris, joined by Brenda Dando. How are you doing today, sir?
Speaker 4: Great?
Speaker 3: Thank you, and of course Jim Cummings.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: And today we have a very special guest. You know her from tons of iol Naruto digimon at south Park Video Games played some superheroes. Colleen o shaughnessy, thanks for joining us today.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you made it me too, on this balmy day of ours.
Speaker 1: Here so cows a wee bit wet.
Speaker 2: Just a wee bit, but by god, we're high and dry, or or at least we're dry and maybe high. Later we'll work we'll work.
Speaker 3: On that later.
Speaker 1: But I didn't know that kind of podcast.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, thank goodness. It's not like I said later, But thanks for being here. This is so cool. And you know I always tend to always like to do my research. See, I'm taking this very seriously. Where am I? There we go, and I did my due diligence and what have you. And one, we have some interesting things in common, which the interesting ones, the interesting and no, but you're from Grand Rapids, Michigan. I'm not so okay, so not that right off the bat, we have that not going for us, okay, but it says here that and this, Ye're officially the only person that I know other than me who can say this. Not that we're bragging, but I'll brag about you and then I'll just get a little basking in your glory. But your first audition was used as the job. Yes, andya tell us about that one because that's real comment.
Speaker 1: Isn't that weird? So yeah, so I was. It was for a reporter Barbie book, and so I went all the way down to oh gosh, what's the toys, the Mattel Mattel thank you?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So I had to go down what is an el segundo or somewhere really far And this was back in the Thomas Guide days. So I was like, how do I get there. I didn't have my fancy phone with the GPS to tell me exactly, you know, in five hundred feet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the phone was like a shoe box back then, as I recall, even though.
Speaker 1: If I had one at that point, I think I still had a pager. But it was really cool though. I was see through and green, so that's fun. But yeah, No, I went down there and it was like so secretive. It was, you know, this was before we had to sign NDAs. I think they just I maybe signed something when I got there, but they literally had somebody go to the bathroom with me because everything was like They're like, don't look at anything. I was like wow, And they had this really small little recording booth in the back of the offices, and I had to have somebody with me at all times, and there was a badge and this was just the audition.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, and this is the audition.
Speaker 1: This was the audition. So I went and you know, and I did my thing, and I was playing Skipper Barbie's her little sister.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I think it's her sister, kind of like Batman and Robin Barbie.
Speaker 1: And I remember I had growing up Skipper.
Speaker 5: Arm and.
Speaker 1: But no, so I went back and I did my thing, It's fun to be a reporter, and did it a bunch of times.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: That was the only line. And then I don't know, that was it, and we did it. I don't know, probably how many times.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: She said, it's fun to be a reporter. It's fun to be a reporter, and so that and that was it. And then my agent was like, well, you booked that thing, but good news, you don't have to go do it because they're just using that. And and then whenever when it came out, because it was on one of those books that you push the button and right sure, yeah, yeah, and it was like, you know, it was like it had it was a book, and then the side.
Speaker 2: Had all the little right the responses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and my button was skipper and you pushed it and it was fun to be a reporter. And my mom thought, I don't know how many of them because that was.
Speaker 2: The very Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you still have it?
Speaker 1: We do, but the battery is dead. And I don't know, like I think it's those small disc ones, but it's a different size. I don't know if I can even find it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that was the very first one official paying vo games. Ye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you and I are the only people I know that can make that statement. So what we're pretty darn cool, nice, you know. And it was mine was for and I didn't even have an agent at the time, but I heard about this mysterious place on Kowenga Boulevard called the Voicecaster Bob Lloyd, God Rest his Soul, and I made a demo tape and somebody said, well, you have to go see Bob Bloyd. Okay. I went to see Bob Bloyd and he said, so, who's your agent, He goes, and I told, well, I don't. I don't have an agent. Kathy Purdisic was there she goes, okay, well here, shut up and read this, which is hard to do, uh, because I did them separately. And a couple of days later, I get a phone call and they said, well, oh you got the job. And it was for Haunted. It was a toy haunted house. They were going to use it a toy fair, I guess, whatever that is. And it was for Mattel's Haunted House. And I was the voice the haunted those and I probably sounded something like that. I can't remember. But and and like I said, I thought I died and went to heaven. They called up and they go, well you got the job, and I go, oh, that's great. I could go to another real recording studio and talk onto a microphone like the big kids.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: And they go nope. But but isn't that funny?
Speaker 1: Because I was disappointed too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh I had that weird secretive thing.
Speaker 2: And then I mean, yay, but oh but wow, yeah, And did you think that? Because I thought, oh, well, then I'm going to do this forever. You audition, they use the audition, you get a check out the oil.
Speaker 1: That's going to happen every time.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, has that ever happened to you?
Speaker 1: Since never happened again?
Speaker 2: Maybe no same here, same you anything? Never? How could it be.
Speaker 3: My second audition? Oh wow, yeah, that's from the one hundred. Oh that's right, Yeah, that's right, it was my second audition.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: See he had to wait, I know, he had to suffer like it was a big Oh man, that's that is so my second.
Speaker 1: I don't remember how many in it was, but definitely not number two.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and we both broke in without an agent.
Speaker 4: Nice I had an agent.
Speaker 2: And nowadays should we should we save that for the end to tell everybody how to get to you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, or we say it now, let's say it now, we'll do it again at the end. We'll give them a double whammy. So while you're busy falling in love with this amazing woman, you could contact her and give her too much money.
Speaker 1: At Arlene Thornton and Associates.
Speaker 2: Please don't hold your applause. Thanks you, thank you for that. We're good to go. So so, we're glad.
Speaker 4: To have you.
Speaker 2: And you're from Troy, Michigan, Troy, Michigan, and that's where I'm not from. Not far away, not far away in Youngstown and it's it's a were you inspired to? Because I was inspired to do anything that meant leave Youngstown. Love Youngstown, but not couldn't do it. Couldn't do it?
Speaker 1: No, you know, I loved where I grew up. I went to the University of Michigan, and funny enough, this was not the plan. This was not the original plan. The original plan was I was doing a double major at University of Michigan in musical theater and psychology. But that, you know, wasn't the plan to really I was going to meld those together. Then I was going to go to grad school and do music therapy.
Speaker 3: What is music therapy?
Speaker 2: No kidding?
Speaker 1: Well, so it's, you know, doing therapy using music. And I had worked at a senior center, like an adult care facility, and I really, I really enjoyed it. So I was going to do music therapy and geriatrics. I figured, you know, everybody loves listen to some kind of music, no matter what it is. Everybody has something that.
Speaker 5: They listened to, whatever that genre mauld be.
Speaker 1: And I kind of connected with these elderly people with I have a very strange had a lot of songs in my head.
Speaker 2: You're doing great now, person skills, thank you.
Speaker 1: No, there was an Alzheimer's woman who she kept. She was a really great escape artist and I was just helping out in the kitchen the dining room.
Speaker 2: She just like a great escape.
Speaker 1: She would like get out of her wing like the area where common like, oh there was Beulah again. Off she goes run it. And she was fast. She was really fast. And so I happened to be in the hallway like.
Speaker 5: Whatever was bringing napkins or something to the diner.
Speaker 1: I can't remember what I was doing, but it was just me and Beulah, and I knew Bulla wasn't where she was supposed to be. So I started singing to her. I sang that I'm just conjured up an old timey song. I'm like dazy day, give me your rants are true. And I just started and she started singing with me, and we just started walking back down the hallway where she was supposed to go. And I was like, somebody come get Beulah.
Speaker 2: I'm not George.
Speaker 1: So that was the plan I was. And I found a program at Dayton University in Dane, Ohio, and that was the plan. Two majors at University.
Speaker 5: Of Michigan was a lot, and by like, I.
Speaker 1: Was determined to finish. But year four I.
Speaker 5: Was like, I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't do any more school. And I didn't know what I was going to do because I didn't want to go to New York Chicago.
Speaker 2: That's what everybody did back then. I mean it was like yeah.
Speaker 1: And I didn't want to do it. And and Chicago at the time was very serious, you know, you had to be like a serious actor. And not that I wasn't serious about what I was doing, but I was like, were are my jazz hands?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: I didn't. Yeah, well, it's more of a thing where you have to take yourself seriously. Yes, I know what you meant by that. I just was like, yeah, acting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all I could just that wasn't me. And I was like, I want to be funny and silly, like that's where my that's my jam is the funny and the silly and the jazz hands. So I always just did voices.
Speaker 5: They just kind of came out.
Speaker 1: And at the end of a dance class at Michigan, my dancing structor came running.
Speaker 5: Over and she was like, was that you? And I'm like, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: They just come out. I didn't. She goes, no, you need to do voiceover. That was you know, she was blown away and it didn't occur to me that that could be a job like it, just like I watched the crap out of cartoons. Yeah, yeah, everything I went around the house, it had.
Speaker 2: To be somebody else. Yeah, And back in the day, it really was only like X amount of people. You know, June for a maybe me mel blank, you know, I think I think trust would be that the next lady. Gosh, when it comes to you know, Grand grand Dams of Vo, there's June for a and then you have to kind of scratch your head for a while, and then kep Tress McNeil, you know, she's yeah, carrying the towards these days and now you well, gosh, I.
Speaker 1: Mean happy to be lumped in with those amazing but yeah, so you know, so that was it for me. Once I heard that, I was like, Okay, well, how do I do that?
Speaker 2: I'm in Michigan.
Speaker 1: How does that work?
Speaker 3: How did your family react? Because you have a theatrical family, correct.
Speaker 1: I do? My mom? So, my mom always there was always singing. It always stemmed from music, So there was always singing in our house. And my sister started doing theaters. She's the one that older, younger, younger, almost.
Speaker 5: Five years younger.
Speaker 1: So she started us out and she auditioned.
Speaker 3: That was Katie.
Speaker 1: Yep, Katy beautiful Katy. She yes, So she started. She auditioned for local production of Annie, and we sat through like two hundred renditions of coming see you know Soun's coming out tomorrow, and she got up She literally was like number two O six or something. I don't think we were there from the very beginning, but it was.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of people are auditioning.
Speaker 1: Friend, amaze anybody. Everybody wanted to be an Annie.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Everybody did. And every kid that every person that had a kid that could maybe fit in that angury age range showed up to that theater. She got up there and like, like I said, there was always music in her house. We were always singing. But she got up there and we were like, who knew she could sing like that? Like that she could just I mean, she belted that sucker right out. And she was sort of in between ages. She wasn't old enough to be Annie, but she wasn't young enough to be I think Mollie is the littlest one, so she I think she was like an understudy for tests and then she was just but she was in every episode, every episode, every performance.
Speaker 2: She was like, you know whatever, Warbucks once yeah, yeah, at a Thousand Oaks. And my daughter Raleigh, she's an actress, and she she was Pepper, the tough little yes, you know, a little orphan yeah yeah. And that theaters theater is it isn't it? Don't you love it?
Speaker 1: I absolutely love it. I don't get to do it enough. I was doing this improv group for a while. The empty stage was great because it was period pieces. We would just take the radio scripts from the thirties, forties, fifties and perform them live and dress in period costume. But we'd do it like a radio place, so we'd hold our scripts and how you know. He got old timey microphones and stuff, and that was fantastic because that was my little like and almost everybody up there were improvisers, so we kind of go off script a little bit and it was just a blast.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: He moved to Portland, so we've done it. He's come back a couple of times, but I haven't.
Speaker 5: It's been a few years.
Speaker 2: It was he weird because I understand keep Portland weird as.
Speaker 1: He's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we all it made sense? Miss it is? Yeah, I have to agree. Yeah, what's that supposed to me anyway?
Speaker 3: I mean, do you ever improvise lines when you're recording.
Speaker 1: For when they let us?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean I don't out there. I guess every once in a while. If I know that and I know the you know, the vibe in the room, I might you know, sometimes you just can't help yourself.
Speaker 5: You just throw zingers out there.
Speaker 1: But you know, I'm a I'm a team player, so I stick to the script if I'm supposed to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm a notorious ad liber and and I've been known to screw people up because they don't know are you done? Are you done? You know, they're looking at their watch.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, thank god for editing we have. It's hard to do that live because the other guys sitting there going yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I have a question about a role that I haven't seen you talk about on any other podcasts or anything like that. And maybe you have and I just didn't see it, But you played the new Kid's mom. In the south Park video game, And I wanted to ask you because I played that video game. I'll played both of them, and I thought that I thought it was so much fun because it feels like you're you're actually in an episode of south Park.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: They did those gets phenomenally, But the storyline, I mean, when you saw that script for anybody who doesn't know, like literally you're you're a south Park character, and you're a child of a very domestic, abusive household. Correct, the parents are always fighting, you know, they're literally cussing out each other back and forth anytime you walk in the room. And then i'd say, in the climax of the game, I'm talking about the Fractured.
Speaker 1: But hoole, it is such a great title.
Speaker 3: The climax of the game, you as a character literally have to choose between killing your mom and your dad. As these characters. No, no, you're not the kid, but you're the character who's begging, you know, kill daddy, killed daddy or the other you know, the dad's saying kill mommy, kill mommy, and they're both in this like torture chamber. And like even for south Park, that's done. You know, it's really and who knows if they I don't even know. Maybe you know they got away with more because it was a video game rather than TV. I don't know. I just want to know your thoughts when you saw that script and this is what you're going to be happening, was your emotions? What's your reaction to that?
Speaker 1: Well, the more uncomfortable part was all of the behind closed doors scenes. You know, there was a lot of intimacy between the parents. Yeah, and that was you know, when you're seeing a booth by yourself and there, you know, there's a window and they can see it. I'm like, okay, just don't don't watch, don't look at me, you know, like because who knows what your face is doing. But there was a lot of that. That was the more uncomfortable thing for me. Is that weird? That's I mean, I'm good with beg my life. I mean, you know, let my character live episode relationships. So but yeah, and that was when I was like, Okay, definitely, kid cannot play this game for sure, no, no, no, yeah, yeah, and some of his friends did.
Speaker 3: And did you get a record with Matt and Tree.
Speaker 1: Sort of it's it's they have an interesting method, like one or the other is sometimes in there when you start, but often and I forget which one does the recording, somebody records it. And because he wants that cadence. So that's a little bit it's hard to like, like because for me having a music background and I have a really good ear, and so if they play something for me, I want to do that. That's what my brain wants to do. But I have to do whatever character that I'm doing, so to do his cadence, and this character is a little.
Speaker 3: Challenging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little mixed up in your head a little bit because that makes it go, oh wait, stay in this character. Don't don't really do what he did. But they're they're pretty particular about the cadence, and.
Speaker 2: Being a singer is helpful, I think, so, I definitely think so, I've alway thought that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm always surprised when I meet voice actors that don't sing. I'm like, what, yeah, yeah, yeah, because you do all these it's a microphone. But also I know like a lot of their bodies of work, and I'm like, but you can do that, surely you can sing, you know, Like it always is confusing to me. Yeah, I just assume that all of us can see. Yea, we should all do a big number together, right.
Speaker 2: Come on, ye see, everybody knows that what is his name? Quick?
Speaker 3: Ragtime?
Speaker 1: Michigan frog, Michigan frog, j Frog.
Speaker 2: There you go, miss anyway, we're done enough distraction, Jim. Yes, but that's great. Yeah. So what is the happiest thing that's keeping the smile on your face these days?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: My gosh, I you know, I have a really great family.
Speaker 2: So they are well with your last name, I would think, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: My whole family, they're great.
Speaker 5: My god.
Speaker 1: I have a sister and a brother and my parents, and then I have this wonderful husband and very good, phenomenal kids.
Speaker 5: Who are just good.
Speaker 1: They're good, good kids. They've left me now.
Speaker 2: And oh well that yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah you hear that, Brendan. They're gonna leave too fast, get ready.
Speaker 4: Not soon enough?
Speaker 5: You say that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I love my kids. I've got a six year old and a four year old, and yes, I.
Speaker 1: Remember now it's it's crazy and and there are moments where youre like, but they're dreamy. And I have these two giant.
Speaker 2: Dogs who too stupid, way.
Speaker 1: Too giant giant enormous.
Speaker 2: Oh you have to giant because it was a cartoon called too Stupid Dogs and I thought you were yes.
Speaker 1: No, it was not into stupid Dogs.
Speaker 2: If you're a fan of everything we do here at tuned In with Jim Cummings, you could support the show on Patreon for bonus exclusive podcasts as well as early and had free access to the show itself, prize drawings, and more. You'll feel the difference, So go ahead and join the tuned In family today at patreon dot com slash Jim Cummings podcast Do it Now.
Speaker 3: But you were in Digimon.
Speaker 1: I was og, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, what a classic. I remember Digital Monsters Digimon. Not that champions change in two digits old Champions. Wow, two Save the Digit's Old World.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: That was my show right on after Pokemon job two o'clock coming home from school. I had to catch the early bus cash some Digimon right after Pokemon.
Speaker 1: So you were both mind? I was both mond both mind because they're camp Well.
Speaker 3: I only got an hour of TV to watch a day, and so it was like, all right, I may as well just go from three thirty to four thirty. Okay, So I I was digimon by.
Speaker 2: Default, you get the good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I was Digimon by default.
Speaker 1: It's okay, it's okay. I know there are very distinct camps. So I actually somebody asked me a convention the other day. They're like asking me the difference between the two. I'm like, well, you know, I was on Digimon. I wasn't on Pokemon, so I don't like made up some Yes, I was. Well see, here's my thing about Digimon versus Pokemon because Digimon they had personalities and they actually talked where's and again not an expert on Pokemon because I was not on that show, not that I'm an expert on But they just say their name, right, isn't that what they do? They like the I call liver lips, liver laps, liver lips. Like that's all they say, right.
Speaker 3: Characters like Mewth and Metwo, That's all I can think of.
Speaker 1: Okay, Charmander, I conjured went, but doesn't Charmander just say Charmander. Oh yeah see, But like I'll goom on and on and Liliman and all the other mons. They they have personalities. Algamm likes the snacks.
Speaker 2: You know, I used to have those not quite memorized but close. I was the announcer for the kids w B for ever a long long time ago, and uh.
Speaker 7: Did you mom cochamon something but mon, you know, and and on and on and on and so yeah, by catching huh, I mean.
Speaker 1: Cursed that if only there were residuals.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I wasn't going to bring that up, but you did, so, okay.
Speaker 3: Because that was technically a dub, right, it.
Speaker 1: Was a dub Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: It follows under a weird little category in the Union.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, the dubbing agreement. And they're finally kind of paying more attention to that in the Union. You know, we finally got to.
Speaker 4: The view the differences between that. So why are you looking residuals?
Speaker 1: Why? That's why? I know I can tell you why. But so dubbing, it's it's already finished. And most of the dubbing that I have done has been Japanese animation, so anime that's most of it. I've done some other languages and like some live action dubbing and stuff, but there's a dubbing agreement in the Union, and so basically the thing is already done and you're putting English on top of whatever language that is. And when it's animation and anime, they call it flaps and you have to fit your line in and it's very it's very technical, like you have to wait for the beeps in your headphones as opposed to original animation, where you just go for it and they animate to what you did, which I find much more freeing and more satisfying. And yeah, and then when you get to work with your fellow actors, that's magical.
Speaker 3: Much much going to do that much anymore, Not much anymore.
Speaker 1: But I just had one the other day and it really was like it was so great. It was so funny because so the three of us were starting out. We just did the first scene together and one of the other guys was like, there's like an echo, like, can you there's something happening in the headphones. I'm like, oh my gosh, I'm so glad you said something, because I was like, wow, I just been a while since I've done a group record. Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm just not used it, but there was definitely.
Speaker 2: Like a can you say what it was?
Speaker 1: The something was coming back at us like there was a little delay. Oh I can't.
Speaker 4: I knew, we know what it was.
Speaker 1: You think you do?
Speaker 4: Was that sonic full?
Speaker 5: No, it was.
Speaker 1: I don't think they haven't they have the script yet.
Speaker 4: Okay, good No.
Speaker 1: And I don't get to do that together. I do that all by myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I thought it's cool if you going to get back in the shootia have a sonic full, that would be really whether it change probably of the energy or not. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They probably won't get to me till next year some time because they do all the live action stuff first.
Speaker 3: Wow makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well when it comes dubbing one of my favorite I'll be brief on this, but we did Kingdom Hearts. It was all it was done. It was done in Japan first. And I have a couple characters, Poo and Tigger, but Pete is the main guy because he's Maleficent. You know, Pete the big cat there, you know, the bad guy, and and I was Pete. And and we had to spend hours and hours, days and days translating from taking it from the Japanese to the and then we would watch watched the scene in the original Japanese, and then it was our challenge to fill that lip flap with something that made similar sense kind of, but in English, and and and and you would get the interpretation. And I remember Pete walking down the go, you know, and then the English translation is no way, wait, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa? Can I embellish a little bit? Can I add a few salables?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: So it's not the easiest thing in the world.
Speaker 1: It's not. And often there's rewriting on the spot because whoever, because it better whatever I got. The translation is just you know that I don't know how they work and write the script for English, but it doesn't always fit. It's either sometimes it's written too long. Sometimes it's written way too short. And so I mean often you're just adding in really or very or like anything else and then try to get the internal flap thing. Oh their mouth closed. We got to get a word with an M that means the same thing as what you're trying to say, and.
Speaker 2: It's just no problem there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got it, okay, yeah. Well, and the worst is when they're like, just slow it down so then you don't sound like you're who talks that slow sometimes and I'm a fast talker, tend to be anyway, So like if I have a slower talking character. Aft Really okay, I do I have to like kind of center myself and read. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it's tricky, it's very it's not an exact science, it's not except what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes it's perfectly and you're like, hey, that was easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah I was good. I could read those words. Speaking of reading those words, you and I we had a chance to work together, but what not a chance? But we were in the same show, but we weren't in the same episode of the same show. And it rhymes with Doc mcstuffen's is Doc stuff Yes, you're good.
Speaker 1: Oh that was my white whale for what I had so many auditions for that. I'm like, oh, I just want to get on Doc mc steffans. And then I got to play Pickles, who was just adorable. Loved Pickles.
Speaker 2: Who is Pickles because.
Speaker 1: Pickles is funny. We haven't and she lost her notes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you sound just like her.
Speaker 1: Love me anymore? Oh my god, And she's saying this she got to sing. I mean, I was like dreams coming through all over the place. Yeah, she's this little song and oh that's so cool about her, you know, her nose being and so they so Doc mc stuffans came in and gave her a button nose.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well that makes sense, Doc mcstuffans. She gives you she's really something. Yeah it I don't remember the plot line. I should have written it down here, but Doc mcstuffan's helped out. Pooh. So yeah, we visited visited the stuff land wherever. I have no idea where that was. But she wasn't a real doctor. What yeah? What easy? Easy spoiler alert, But we struggled through. Yeah, so what can I say? How are you doing down there? Brandon?
Speaker 4: I'm doing great. I'm just surprised with whit This long before we actually brought up Sonic and tiles. Feels like in the world right now, you.
Speaker 2: Know, we're we've we've we've gotten so many things here. So wait a minute, did you say sonic?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's feeling no one's really heard coming. Mayde me delve into a little bit.
Speaker 7: Hold on?
Speaker 2: Are you? In other words? Yes, yeah, well here I played the bad guy, and I was the guy. I was not Jim Carrey. What yeah, he was too busy being rich and famous and I just was like his.
Speaker 3: Yes, so were you guys?
Speaker 2: Ever in the same iteration, well, see my guy he was the guy from Canada was Eggman, and then I was Sonic. I was a robotnic sorry robotic, doctor doctor Robotic, but not doctor Egman. And I don't tell them that the conventions. When they want me to sign an egg Man, I go, yeah, Okay, I'm not stupid. I take the money.
Speaker 3: We've talked about this so many times, and I still don't understand the difference. I don't I don't know what the difference in the characters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think so either.
Speaker 3: Well tell me you too, tell me tell me in the comments. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 8: So my experience with this is that it's always been doctor Robotic and Eggman is the nickname or the you know, the the mean whatever the name that yeah, that SONA calls him because.
Speaker 4: He's because he's shaped like an egg.
Speaker 1: Does he shape like an egg?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Am?
Speaker 5: I wrong?
Speaker 1: Isn't that what it is?
Speaker 4: He is Doc and he just gets referred to occasionally because that's what he looks like.
Speaker 1: Okay, did I miss it? Like he's he's not two different people. Now, in the third movie, there's Gerald, he's also a robotic.
Speaker 5: But there's Gerald, and then there's Oh, that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And Jim Carrey's got that big bushy, the.
Speaker 1: Big mustache, yes, yes, and he gets the belly.
Speaker 3: It's cool that they used you in the movies because that doesn't usually happen with voice actors.
Speaker 5: Super cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a reprise Tales. Yeah, that must have been exciting, so exciting.
Speaker 1: I still am like, did that really happen? That's great, It's really It's been so much fun. I mean I've been this is my eleventh year of voicing Tales, which is no kidding crazy Yeah. Great, yeah, so yeah, it's been pretty pretty phenomenal.
Speaker 3: And when you took over the role was there did they want you to like match the voice or it was like, here's your interpretation, go for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I so I auditioned. It was so Sonic Boom was a series and I was auditioning for Sonic Boom and I auditioned for like two different characters. I think. Oh I got called back for two different characters. I got called back for Sticks and Tales and who sticks Sticks Sticks is a badger Nika. Yeah, very funny. So uh, anyway, I met the callback and who should be in the lobby But Kate Higgins, who at the time was the current voice of Tails. And I didn't know this. I didn't know that, but I've known Kate, so what do you do well? But I've known Kate for a really long time. And so we were just talking about our kids and you know, sitting in the lobby like you do, waiting for your turn. And I don't even remember how it came up, but she told me that she was Tails. I'm like, I'm called back for Tales. I don't want to. I don't want to step on your toes. Like I don't know, well, you know, and you never know why what the deal was, like, what was she like, Oh, no, they don't want me. It's okay, you you do it. Because she like she had been in the video games. I don't know how long she was Tales, but that she was Tails in the video games at that moment in time, and she already knew that they didn't want her to continue to be Tails, and she was good with it. So it kind of felt it was sort of very passing the torch, you know, because literally we were in the callback, sitting on a couch talking to each other, and she was like, no, no, go ahead, it's all good, all good, We're good, so, you know. And then and then I booked it and I didn't know that the games were going to come along with it. I thought it was just the series. And I really didn't do any like I didn't listen to what she had done before. I didn't go back and like research all the previous tales.
Speaker 3: You screwed you up.
Speaker 1: If they had wanted a voice match, then I would have done that. If they had said we want this, then that's what I would have I would have done more research. But they never they didn't say that.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just referring to like how you said earlier, you know, with like the south Park thing where it was difficult for you to like say in the cadence but your own voice. So I was wondering if that was like a similar thing where you intentionally didn't listen to that so that it didn't it.
Speaker 1: Just didn't play. A fact occurred to me because it was a show and it was a different thing. It was like it was in my mind it was new, even though it son it was you know, it was a new project.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think that's the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I did. And you know, and they gave you the description, and they gave you I'm always I always love a picture I don't remember, and I'm sure i'd seen it, but I'm very visual, like I want to see, oh God, rather have that than I mean, give me an age range in a picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree, I agree because it informs you. Yeah, you know, you know, you know, if the guy weighs five hundred pounds, he's.
Speaker 1: Not gonna sound like this exactly, you.
Speaker 2: Know, so, or if he does, it'll be to contrast.
Speaker 1: Right, And a couple of you know, characteristics are great too, but you know when they get so specific and like my favorite is when they're like they're this tall and they've got blue eyes, and I'm like, well, that's going to change how they sound.
Speaker 2: Yeah that, now, why didn't you say so?
Speaker 1: Okay? My favorite is when they say they have there's a very distinctive laugh, and then the script is all very serious, like, how am I supposed to sneak in this very distinctive laugh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing to laugh at? Yeah, maybe maybe a joke would help.
Speaker 1: Right, something funny, but yeah, so, and I didn't know the video games were going to come along with the show, and we actually recorded.
Speaker 5: A game first before we started, no kidding the series.
Speaker 2: Well, they must have been confident, because if you do the game before the show's out, you know, somebody's got some some insight or some nerve, or the show comes out and flops, that game's not probably not going very far. Yeah, I don't, unless I guess they have their own legs. Huh, Yeah, I would think.
Speaker 1: I think there definitely are you know, the Sonic fans that are just gamers, you know, but you know, I feel like now the movies have sort of like there's this whole new generation oh yeah, Sonic fans, and I really feel like they did such a great job with the movies. There's something for everyone, you know, like it's you know, it's not one of those movies whereas as the mom or dad taking the kids to the or aunt or uncle or whoever taking the kids and you're like, oh, I have to sit through this kid's movie. There's a lot for everybody.
Speaker 2: Those are the best. Those are the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the jokes that are, you know, more adult humor that the kids won't necessarily get, it's still funny.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, yeah, double.
Speaker 3: Remember being so excited that Jim Carrey was like coming back. It was like, oh my god, Jim Carrey's back in like a major role. Yeah, exciting. We had Lee Madge dub on here yeah here a couple of months ago, and it was cool to hear some stories about that, about that set and Jim Carrey and everything. It sounds sounds like everybody really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's so sweet, lovely, he's so great.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I didn't get to be part of.
Speaker 5: You know, obviously the set right right, I wasn't on set.
Speaker 1: We were we did everything after they did all the live action first, and then I did get to it on the second movie. I did get to work with Ben Benchwartz twice, which was nice. Yeah, I mean were it was still very covidy. So I was. I was in my closet in Burbank, and he was somewhere in Vancouver, and the director was, I think in Hawaii. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Everyone was, oh my yeah, that was a phone patch.
Speaker 3: It was crazy, but those were just the zoom backgrounds. Right. You guys were really all at home.
Speaker 1: I think I was the only well, two of the editor guys were at home, Like one guy was in his garage and another guy was like in his living room, but like everyone you could hear cats and dogs, the gardeners. Yes, yeah, that was some crazy times.
Speaker 2: That's that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Anything else on the topic of Sonic before we move on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, do you think there's a difference between the tales that you betray in the games compared to the movies?
Speaker 5: Is there a difference? Is that what you said? Ye?
Speaker 1: For me, tales is the same. Like my approach to Tales is this is who Tails is. What's different is the circumstances that he finds himself in. You know, like like Sonic Boom, it's a very silly show. It's broad, it's goofy, it's hilarious. So and Sonic and Tales already have an established relationship, whereas like the first movie, he's just showing up and the stakes are much higher, and it's you know, it's more serious. He's he's not as confident. He gains his confidence, he's you know, the second movie, he's trying, he's starting to become part of the team, and then the third movie he's like, Okay, I got this. I'm like the guy telling you which way to go and how to get through the laser grid or whatever. So, like, his progression is very different in the movies than say the show. So you know, we have these wonderful writers and directors, and if I'm doing my job, I'm listening and paying attention to all of those things.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 1: So, like I said, the way I approach Tales is the same because to me, he.
Speaker 5: Is who he is. It's just where he is in time and space.
Speaker 3: And I want to pass that same question onto you, Jim. Do you had to have a different approach for say, Pooh in live action versus animation?
Speaker 2: Oh? Well, yeah, that's for sure. Yeah, Christopher Robin was very different because you know, up until that point, Pooh was good for you know, little phrases and little quirky sayings and little observations, and he's very reactive. And then when we did Christopher Robin, that was a whole other thing. Uh, you know it was people say it was the live action one. I go, well, I wasn't really live, but I know what you're saying. It makes you was live.
Speaker 3: It makes more sense for to call that live action though than like when they were calling like the Lion King live action. It's like, okay, there's not a single actor.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Animation, yes, they were just as much animated as the first one, you know, so just with a different method. Yeah, but that I that, you know, Christopher Robins my favorite movie that I was ever stood next to. And it doesn't it has nothing to do with me being in it. I just thought, you know, I ended up I was five years old. We started in on that movie. You'd think I'd be immune to it, but I'm not. You know, It's like it just it just was so heartfelt and it was so done so well, and uh, I mean, oh my gosh, you know, directors, the writers, it was just it was just so beautifully done. And I'm glad that that everybody gets a kick out of it. It was just so charming and and and I think that the big difference that people picked up on. There's sentimentality, and there's this and that heartfelt this and that. But if it gets corny, you know, then it's kind of like, okay, yeah, we get it. Yeah, you're cute, okay, yeah, wo yeah, okay, you like your mom whatever, fine line. Yeah, but this was so darned heartfelt, and you know, and I ended up worrying about Pooh and it's not like I didn't know what was going to happen. Yeah, you know, I knew, I knew where we were going with this. But anyway, I'm just very good. I don't want to get off on a tangent on that, but I was so glad that it was so well received, you know, And it's gratifying, isn't it. You know, when you know that people you're doing something. Because I've said it before, we're ninety percent of the time you're in a room alone and you're hoping the other person, you know, picks up on what you're doing. You trip, you know, and because it's not like they're playing their recordings to you when you're doing anything, you're still flying solo and you rely on your director. And so yeah, it's not an exact science, it's really If you're a fan of everything we do here at tuned In with Jim Cummings, you could support the show on Patreon for bonus exclusive podcasts, as well as early in ad free access to the show itself, prize drawings, and more. You'll feel the difference, So go ahead and join the tuned In family today at Patreon dot com, slash Jim Cummings podcast, Do It Now.
Speaker 1: It was funny. We did an interview and James Marsden was there and they were talking about the difference between you know, having an actual actor and then you know, he's having conversations with Sonic who's not actually there and none of us are on set with them, so I think they have readers and things on that, but there's you know, Ben's not there, I'm not there, and a lot of the first and second movie they just had like a stick with the tennis ball and I'm like, I don't even have a tennis ball. I'm gonna get one. Yeah, I'm gonna try the tennis ball technique.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And did you ever hear that? That reminds me? And it was for Christopher Robbin And they really get the feeling that you and McGregor and Haley they were all really good actors and actresses because you know, you're Youent's sitting there and he's very sad and very pensive and something happened in here, oh bother, would you pass a smack roll of honey over here to me? I am hungry? And then then then he's having to act like to react to that. Yeah, And so you know Mark Forrester. They said, you know what, let's just have Jim record all the lines that we'll play it. We'll just play it for him on set. So they just they played it live like from you know, we're order what have you? And then they kind of spackled it together with moving magic, so you know, fun facts to know and tell, right, Yeah, a little tricks of the trade.
Speaker 1: They do us last, So we didn't have that, But I think they're I think the readers maybe have gotten better. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well that's good, I hope so they haven't.
Speaker 1: They haven't. I think in this last movie they had puppeteers and stuff too. Really, Yeah, yeah, that's cool, which is.
Speaker 2: Kind of cool. Yeah, that is cool.
Speaker 1: That's step above tennis ball.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 4: History with the titles character before auditioning for it, much like Jim, you we need to poo when he was younger, did you play the games at all? Or were you just going in fresh when you first auditioned for titles?
Speaker 1: So I had so when I was going in for tales, I had been charming to be in the games. But as far as like having like played sonic games in my youth, you know, I was in school when the Sonic games came out in the nineties and I was doing jazz hands, I was dancing and singing and and doing school, and so I wasn't there was no time for Yes, I'm all the nerds, but I was never good at video games. That was my brother's thing. He was really good at video games. I mean my speed was you know, Frogger and pac Man, and I just I just think, think, think, think, yeah, I just I gotta tell you video games now, because I tried before the I think before the press for the second movie, I was like, you know, I probably would play some of these games. So I and they had given me a long time ago. They gave me this little Genesis and it had a yes say, it had the cartridge with all of the games, like all of them, and so we started with Sonic two because that's where Tales comes in. I was so bad at it. There's so many buttons. No, there's more than four, and there's things on the top and oh that things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a lot of them.
Speaker 1: Do the same thing. I'm like, well, what does this button do same thing as that other button?
Speaker 6: There are.
Speaker 1: Too many button fair yeah, so yeah, but so now so sadly no, And I know that's like it's like soul crushing. So many people that like come up to our tables and stuff and I'm like, yes, sorry, I don't play the games.
Speaker 2: Yeah I know, yeah, but.
Speaker 5: I'm terrible at them.
Speaker 1: I'm a board game person.
Speaker 5: Like my family always played board games.
Speaker 2: So apparently I.
Speaker 4: Was just realized there's no video game based on the current movies, which I find fascinating. You think that would be something you'd cash in on, right.
Speaker 1: That is interesting own it. Still, there are definitely partners. I don't know how that all non co works, but I know they have, you know, input into things because those are it's their characters.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, they skin into the game.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of video games, I'm excited to talk about this because I don't know if you've talked about this yet on a podcasts or an interviewer or anything. But Marvel Rivals came out not too long ago.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we've.
Speaker 3: Had we've had a bunch of the voice actors from the game on the show. But before the game came out, you know, Steve Bloom and Fred Tatis, Shore, James Arnold Taylor and you play Mantis in that game.
Speaker 1: I play Mantis and who knew people were gonna love It's.
Speaker 3: Mantis's biggest video game out right now.
Speaker 1: But they but they love her, Like I was like, that's really fun, and I love Marvel. I'm a huge, huge Marvel. I got to be Wasp a long time ago, which was like, yeah, it's Madest Heroes, which.
Speaker 3: Was hold on, this is in the notes. You were Wasp in the same show. Jim was also in that series? Was it Marvel Heroes? Marvel Heroes and Jim was Kingpin?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, not a hero. I was a bad guy.
Speaker 1: Okay. But Mantis, while she's a great character, I did not expect. You know, she's more of a sub character. You know, she's not like the main evil Avenger people. She's you know, she's second tier, second string whatever.
Speaker 2: But she has antenna.
Speaker 1: People love her. I've only been to a handful of conventions since the game came out, but oh my goodness, people love Mantis.
Speaker 2: Well that's cool. We are and how does she sound?
Speaker 1: We are undefeitable that my anger is healthy.
Speaker 3: I've been playing way too much of that game. Yeah, it's like, yeah, it's just right there in my mind. Yeah, I always get pissed off when I hear we are undefeatable.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, that's somebody. My handler the last handler was like, I'm really mad at you.
Speaker 5: I'm like, what I do.
Speaker 1: It's like Mantis is always getting in my mom. Well, maybe you have her on your team. Can't you pick her to be yours? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're undefeatable on your team. Yeah, yeah, that's pretty easy equation.
Speaker 1: I feel like that just makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what a fun game though, great sound.
Speaker 2: Is a boy act. I love that.
Speaker 3: That's incredible. Yeah, it's a lot of fun, a lot of fun, and it's it's funny because they've really chosen to like really lean into the sexuality of it, you know, the costumes and the models and everything. Everybody's like a supermodel or like mister Incredible, you know, freaking Arnold Schwarzenegger in it. And it's kind of like I kind of like it because it almost feels like the roots of like comic books, you know, like they were all studs, you know, like they didn't have you know, unattractive characters when they first came out. It was like that was the appeal, you know, Yeah, I thought that was good. And mansis even has a line where you know, she gets revived and it's like I built myself a new body. Do you like it?
Speaker 1: I don't recall saying that, but I.
Speaker 3: Promise you do. I promise you I'll put my life on it.
Speaker 1: I feel like we started recording that game so long ago because I remember a more recent session where we had like some pickups and stuff. But where we originally recorded was there's this little recording studio in is it a little feelas I don't even know. It's like I'm Franklin and I forget what that is. It's next to it's not someone's house, but it's it's next to a Baskin Robbins, because that's where.
Speaker 9: Imark, Yeah, I did a I was doing a string of commercials and that was the studio we always did it, and then that's where I did my first Mantis sessions.
Speaker 1: But I feel like it was so long ago because I haven't been I I don't know, like part of me and I know time is like weird now, but I feel like it was even before COVID. I feel like it was.
Speaker 5: So long ago.
Speaker 1: But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it was just after I don't know. But then we had a more recent one that wasn't It was a studio in somebody's house, like way out in Resida.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, so you guys are still recording your stuff for it.
Speaker 1: It was it was right like, I don't know how many months before the game came out, so I think it was just a couple of little pickups fixes or AD two's or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jim, what's the longest you've worked on a project before it's released? Can you recall, Jim.
Speaker 2: The longest before it was released.
Speaker 4: So that the same novel Heroes has being worked on for years before it's released. Have have you ever worked on a project that's taken that long before it's actually released.
Speaker 2: Probably any given animated movie, because they you know, if it's animated, animated like Christopher Robin wasn't like that, but but yeah, yeah, any movie that's animated because they can't. You'd think they would get a running start on it, but they can't do anything until they hear the voice. You know, it informs everything from there and rightly, soul, could you verify that for me, my dear.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, yes, we give them something to do here, animate that damn it, and then they do they do and then and then ka ching.
Speaker 2: No, oh, well that's so cool. So do we cover Danny Phantom Jazz Fenton. Yes, that's good, so much fun. But one of my favorite things is if you give a mouse of cookie, because I used to. I used to read that to my kids.
Speaker 1: I did too, I read all of them. My favorite was given musa muffin of the series.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, it was great.
Speaker 1: I got to meet the author and that was so And unfortunately that one that was it was pre COVID, but for whatever reason, they recorded everybody separately. I think they did that for docmok stuff.
Speaker 5: It's too and I was always like.
Speaker 1: But but why why can't we do it all to canther?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree, Yeah, I love that. Yeah, I like it so much more when we can record so much more. Yeah, and now we can, and we don't.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 2: I really don't get it, because you get.
Speaker 1: Gets such a missed opportunity and I think I've yet to meet another voice actor that doesn't prefer it that way. So if we can make our schedules work, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Danny Phantom was was that the I think it was the second show that I got to do group record on My very first one was Kids from Room four oh two.
Speaker 2: That was the very first kids from what.
Speaker 1: The Kids from Room four oh two? That was that was my very first series. But then that was a group record. But Danny Phantom, well, I don't know if it was my second I don't know, timeline, but my first one at Nickelodeon, and that was just what a.
Speaker 5: Great place to so much fun.
Speaker 2: That's a cool place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was before there the redesign. They still have the basketball court.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, just everything about it.
Speaker 1: It's just bright. And when it was orange yes, yeah yeah, and still had.
Speaker 3: The drippy Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nickelodeon, the group Yeah, that was really.
Speaker 3: Iconic, iconic. It's sad what it looks like now.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's still fun, it's just not the same.
Speaker 3: It's just like all corporated on the outside.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I mean there's some of the characters out there.
Speaker 1: I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm talking.
Speaker 2: I love that show. Would agree show. Do not ask me how we went? Partty okay, because well how did you guys go? I don't know. I'm not gonna stop. I know what you're gonna say, and don't you know. And actually I think I've said this before. One of my favorite scenes they wrote in they were at the playground and cat Dog go into the men's room and and you know, like ten seconds goes by and then these two guys come walking out and they go So that's how they do it, you know, And it's like, then, then your imagination is worse than anything they could have animated.
Speaker 3: The human centipede.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, never Okay.
Speaker 3: Oh, somebody's getting the bad end.
Speaker 2: So are you? Are we going to see you at any upcoming events that I feel like we're getting that point where there's something to brag about.
Speaker 3: We got to tell them, right, Yeah, upcoming upcoming conventions. I know you guys are doing nostalgic on at the end of April, both of you. April twenty fifth, twenty seventh in Denver.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty nostalgic already just thinking about it too.
Speaker 1: All those were the days.
Speaker 2: I'm waxing nostalgic.
Speaker 5: I have San Diego.
Speaker 1: San Diego Rocket Con is this week.
Speaker 3: Rocket Con and by the time you guys see it'll be over.
Speaker 1: So right, this is true.
Speaker 2: Sorry and enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Hope you didn't, were you there. Yeah, so nostalgic on I don't even I cannot get a handle on my schedule this year. I don't know what it is like. Last year was like exactly where it was going to be. But mine have all come in this like weird sprinkle in like random parts of the year. So my year is pretty much it's weird sprinkle.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a disease. Weird sprinkle sprinkle.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I'm all over the place. So just if you follow my social media.
Speaker 3: You will find me because and your social media.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's let's tell I am at Colleen O'Shaughnessy on the Instagram at vo Colleen is the Twitter ex winter whatever we call it. I don't go on that one as much. But if I have a thing coming I I'll post about it. But I don't. I'm not on that one as much. I do have TikTok, but I again, I don't post very much because I don't like to do videos. I'll do it, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not real.
Speaker 1: So Instagram is really is your best bet?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I've heard of that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I should we play I have a voice swapped Chris before.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, we actually have some voice swap here.
Speaker 2: Are you familiar with this bold new concept.
Speaker 1: I think I've seen some clips like you'll do one of my characters things as your characters po.
Speaker 3: Have one line and then just swap the voice for it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Actually this one's a littlefferent. We're a trying something a little different, crazy crazy. So we're gonna have doctor Robotnik, Jim and Tails together, okay, and you're both Actually this is the same.
Speaker 2: What I mean to say was I've changed a lot.
Speaker 3: Since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever.
Speaker 4: Is that a Tiles lot or or a Robotnic line?
Speaker 3: It's a Tails line, but I'm not saying it. You'll both say it, Oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So okay I have to say first, and then he says, yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's do that.
Speaker 2: Okay. And who should I be though, you'll be Robotic, I'll be Robotnic. Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: So when we're doing what is it? Because you know we read our lives? Yeah, God, it's no memorizing. I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. Okay, hmm, I've changed a lot since I started hanging with so, but I can't depend on him forever.
Speaker 2: I've changed a lot since I've been hanging here with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. And I mean that or even a little while. Actually, never mind, Okay, I completely ruined that.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Let's see who should Who should I throw at you? How about?
Speaker 3: What's the next suggestion?
Speaker 6: On?
Speaker 1: The next one is Sora from digimon Ah and Tigger?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, sure, I thought. I'm like, wait a minute, will you do?
Speaker 1: Doesn't talk about Tiger?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can I be Tigger? Okay? So if we try hard enough, we'll be able to do something.
Speaker 2: If we bounce hard enough, we'll be able to do something. Finally, maybe just crazy enough to work. That's right, Hey, never do that again. You do that very well? Don't stop that? Can I throw?
Speaker 3: Can I throw in a personal request here? Can we do my anger as healthy as obviously mantis?
Speaker 2: And pooh? Yes, there we go.
Speaker 1: My anger is healthy.
Speaker 2: My anger is really hard to get going here because he's just never angry. My anger is healthy. Oh, that can't be right. Mother, My honey is healthy. Oh that's much better.
Speaker 1: What exactly is arel? That's not a measurement that I'm aware of.
Speaker 2: I know I have the jewels. It's twice as big as half a smackrel.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to recalibrate my brain for that one.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being here. This is so great. Yeah, ladies and gentlemen, thank you. Yeah, we hear it. It's here a round of applause or a square ah? Oh my goodness, what will I say next? Thank you very much for being here on ours on a kind of a cloudy day here in southern California. And I enjoy it because it's rare.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't mind the rand either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and don't forget nostalgic con Denver, April twenty and twenty seven. You can see both these lovely.
Speaker 1: People here, Denver, Denver, Denver.
Speaker 3: Do you want to take us out? Brandon?
Speaker 4: You take it out, you go, you take it out, and it's been forever.
Speaker 2: No, you take it out, it's been forever. Take it out like the dog scratching out of me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's you christ O K cool.
Speaker 4: Well, guys, thanks for checking out this episode of Tuning In with Jim Comings with Colleen the Shaughnessy. Thank you Colleen once again.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you so much for having me. This was blast.
Speaker 4: Good luck with everything going forward, especially Sonic four. We're all very very excited here in the Dander household though I'd love Sonic so hope that all goes very very well. Don't forget guys to continue to support us on Patreon for bonus exclusive content. Link that is a description of this show. Give this video thumbs up, comment Blonde tell us which guess you'd like us to have in future episodes, But for now, Colleen, once again, thank you, Jim, Chris, thank you for joining us, and we'll catch you all on the next episode of Tuned In with the one and only, the Legendary Jim Cummings.
Speaker 3: When or when or when