Speaker 1: Take my advice. You have to be very careful if you call out to one of the debt all of them can hear you.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Phantom Friday. This is case number eight and I will be joined by my family to discuss our personal experiences while investigating the Madison seminary. The entire investigation is available on Patreon only, so if you would like to watch our family investigation and the video for this episode, please go click the link in the description of this episode and head on over to Room two three seven on Patreon without further ado. Let's get right into the episode. I'm actually drinking double oaked Woodford Reserve.
Speaker 3: Some Woodford Reserve. That's a that's a good whiskey. That's a good choice.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Aren't you bartender these days?
Speaker 3: I'm not, no, but I will be here in two months.
Speaker 2: Have you begun your training?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know I have not. No, I haven't bought any any of the necessary things to train to be a bartender. But I'm sure one of them is.
Speaker 2: A nipple piercing So every good bartender, how so.
Speaker 3: Both are just one at least one. There's a piercing parlor two seconds away from my house.
Speaker 2: So yeah, just take a couple of shots before you go. Just grin and bear it.
Speaker 3: Well, every time I get anything pierced there, they're always like, well, have you drank in the past twenty four hours?
Speaker 2: That's when you lie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, of course, yeah.
Speaker 2: Grape soda and water.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Yes, Thanks so much for joining me tonight, though, Evan, my favorite little cousin.
Speaker 3: Of course, I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 2: Because we recently investigated a place together. And before I tell you any of the backstory about it, because we both went and I really didn't know a lot about the place.
Speaker 3: Neither did I.
Speaker 2: I knew almost nothing. But my friend Tiffany that was with a you knew a lot about it, and she had told me about it before. But I was like, eh, you know, in one he or out the other because it wasn't pertinent to my life at the time. But it before I say anything, what was your initial did you when you walked in? Did you think it was going to be stupid?
Speaker 3: I walked in and go this place is definitely riddled with asbestos and this is definitely make you sick if you're too long. That was my initial reaction. I'm you know, I'm such a skeptic. I'm just like my father. I don't believe in ghostly apparitions or anything like that, and so I went in there with But I did go in there with an open mind. I did. So, are you sure I yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: And for those who don't know, Evan is Brian Jason from the Cleveland Schwill podcasts Flesh and Blood.
Speaker 3: That's my dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just as skeptical and just as much wants to fight me on literally everything.
Speaker 3: It's true I do, so you didn't.
Speaker 2: I was afraid when I planned my trip that it was gonna be like bad weather the entire trip, because it was supposed to be like thunderstorms and blah blah blah. The day that I got there, it was just misty.
Speaker 3: The whole day was like a misty like a Silent Hill video game. If any of your your listeners are are hip, yeah, well it was. You could see the water particles in the air with the flashlight.
Speaker 2: It was, but it never like actually rained. It just stined like that all day, like misty and foggy. The weather definitely showed up for our investigation. So pulling up to that place, in the back of my mind, I'm like, oh, it's going down. It's already a misty, foggy, creepy be night, and this place may or may not have enough asbestos to make me hallucinate a little bit. So I think we're gonna have fun. That was my initial thought. But they didn't let your sister in, and they didn't let our little cousin.
Speaker 3: And no, they were not allowed in.
Speaker 2: And tell the listeners, why oh why is there an age limit on this place?
Speaker 3: Because two weeks a week, two three weeks prior, a twelve year old was escorted out of the place. Wait, waite was the Was the twelve year old hospitalized? Is that what they told her?
Speaker 2: It was, Yeah, they got taken out by an ambulance.
Speaker 3: An ambulance, I couldn't remember.
Speaker 2: She never said what if she had an asthma attack or if she fell tripped on something, or if she got scared to death? Like they didn't say. All they said is like this is for adults. That and it gave me the creeps because if it wasn't haunted quote unquote, why wouldn't they just like if it was just for show, like a Halloween fun house or something, they would let little kids go in there.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, of course, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So that was my first thing. I was like, okay, adults only no kids allowed up in this bitch. But they did order as pizza at one point they did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were walking which is pretty cool. Yeah, they were walking through. They're being like, hey, pizza's downstairs, and you go down there and it's fourteen Domino's pizza. Yeah, she have some pizza.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder what we put in it.
Speaker 5: I didn't eat any of the pizza, but they like it was cute because like when you walk into like the part where you pay for tickets and stuff, they had a cure setup where you could like make hot chocolate and stuff, and.
Speaker 2: Then they ordered us pizza. But you could rent equipment from them, like you could rent a spirit box and dowsing rods and like EVP recorders and all that stuff. But by the time we got smart enough to like want to go rent some shit, it was all everybody had gotten.
Speaker 3: Every everybody had, Like there wasn't that many people there. There was a decent amount, but it wasn't too too many. But yet everybody had something. Everybody had something.
Speaker 2: Now there were people doing investigations while we were there and doing like serious investigations, like turn this flashlight on and off and blah blah blah. But I didn't hear her say it, but she told you or something that there was a room where they saw like a little goblin person in the room, or like like it was a room. When we first we went into the basement first, and we were all goofing off, and she told us to stop goofing off because people take this really seriously. Then we went upstairs and you were like, yeah, she said she saw like a four foot tall creature or something in this room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what she had saw is somebody who had like bent down or bent backwards on all fours and crawled like a four foot creature. Uh, something like that. Yeah, it was. It was something like that that freaked me out a little bit.
Speaker 2: But the point of this investigation. When we went into that room, it was still daylight. It was yes, so less creepy. But there was a room downstairs where both of us because and I have the whole video you're gonna have, I'll email it to you the investigation, like the main star in the video.
Speaker 3: You recorded everything I did.
Speaker 2: But my brother was like, hey, come in this room I feel weird in here? Do you feel anything? And I walked in. I immediately felt like dizzy almost, and like.
Speaker 3: I know exactly because I walked right behind you, and uh and I'm Dave. I walked right behind you guys, and I immediately the best way I can put it is like like I woke up hungover. Mm hmm, yeah, I woke up and I'm like, oh, I'm like my head is pounding. I'm like, I got a steaming headache from this very strange. But then you walk out of the room and you felt fine. It was very It was weird. It was very weird.
Speaker 2: Was that your first red flag?
Speaker 3: No, My first red flag was five ten minutes later when those two ladies that claimed that they were gypsies and I was making fun of them, being like, oh, like the Fleetwood Max song.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 3: I started to ask them questions and that those what were what are do you know what those are called?
Speaker 2: Called dowsing rods?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, And then it answered all of our questions. And then we gave him to like Maddie, and they wouldn't move at all that.
Speaker 2: Kim.
Speaker 3: They didn't move out all when Kim either.
Speaker 2: And then that one dude that was with him that was like super hype about everything everything. He held him and they freaking went sideways on him.
Speaker 3: They went respond Yeah, they were like, yes they did.
Speaker 2: They didn't respond at all either, but we So that was your first red flag. You were like, Okay, there's something really here because it was like intelligently answering questions.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that was my first red flag. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you get creep vibes while she was asking it?
Speaker 3: Questions like she was a creep or just creepy field.
Speaker 2: No, like creepy, like this is weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, after busting their chops about the Flea Wood Mac stuff. Yeah, I did feel really uncomfortable just because I was also asking questions about my grandparents. It was like a guardian angel type of questions.
Speaker 2: And they said your grandpa, yes, yes, it is your guardian angel, that's what it said. And your dad said good luck.
Speaker 3: Yes, my dad said, yep, good luck.
Speaker 2: Are you a full blown skeptic now that you've been to this place and don't say what we experienced.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll leave that for later, but I will say no, I am not. I am not a skeptic anymore. No, no way, no way, no way, no way.
Speaker 2: I wish you would have had your phone out because what I learned going back and making the whole video, the whole investigation, and obviously I took some parts out where like people were just walking around and talking and nothing was happening, but like non stop us kind of picking up on stuff. It's for twenty seven minutes long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not shocked. We were there for quite quite some time. We were there for hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were there for hours. And what I didn't know because we were all laughing and talking and stuff until it got really dark outside and we started freaking out. I was catching stuff on my phone and I didn't even realize it because I just had my phone kind of half like halphazardly going through there and I wasn't looking at my phone.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: And then when I went back and actually watched all the videos, I was hearing stuff and seeing stuff in the videos that I didn't hear or see with my naked eyes.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it was weird.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, like there was a feeling in there, don't get me wrong, that you could sense. But when I went back and watched the videos, there was a video where I wandered off by myself and went into a room by myself, and I could hear you, because of course who couldn't hear you. And you were like way down at the other end of the hallway with everybody else, and you were all talking about some kind of fucking shoes you found. And I was by myself in this room, and right behind me, you just hear like a man's voice, and it's like, ah, I don't remember hearing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's strange, but I don't doubt it. Though I don't doubt it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have to email you the whole thing. I'm kind of glad you haven't watched it yet, so you're just going by memory.
Speaker 3: Yes, I but I remember. I mean I have like an elephant's brain. I remember everything, so I remember.
Speaker 2: But some of the most memorable things I remember is like my brother said he saw a mist or like captured a mist in one of their lives.
Speaker 3: I saw the video, Yeah he did.
Speaker 2: And he and it was just like floating mist. Then we went to go try to find where the myst was and there was this whole pair normal investigator group trying to get it to turn their flashlight on and off.
Speaker 3: It didn't just try. They did. They did multiple times, and I was I was Maddie. Maddie saw that once. It goes Maddie for context as my little sister Madeline, and she booked it out of that that room, and I'm just sitting there and awe, like this this came. I'm like, how you know, I've never seen something like that before. Second red flag.
Speaker 2: By the way, that was your second red flag.
Speaker 3: O big yeah, because it was just me and you in that room for a little bit watching that happen.
Speaker 2: Then you were like, can't they turn my flashlight on it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I said that because there's me being Scott. I'm like, I'm like, yeah, right, But I.
Speaker 2: Only I only got one of them on video, because you know, when you're watching it happen, you're like all in the moment and you're like, oh my god, it's turning the flashlight on and off. But then you're not thinking like, oh, I don't have my fucking phone out, or I would like think I was taking a video and I was just taking a lot picture.
Speaker 3: You took a live photo, yeah, And I went.
Speaker 2: Back and I was like, damn it. It was a fucking bature. But I think during the daylight time. It was not as creepy to me because I was like, oh, well it's still daytime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's still daytime, and you didn't need any flashlights.
Speaker 2: Even though we still had them on. We were just pointing them att.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We walked outside, we took a little air break, we took some family pictures together, and then this is when it started to get kind of like dusky, and we went to the second floor. I don't know what the fuck, but it's almost like when you went from the ground level and you walk up the stairs and you get to the second floor, it's like the vibe completely changed.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: It was like heavier on the second floor.
Speaker 3: By like you mean like the feeling yeah, yeah, oh yeah, big time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What do you remember after we hit the top of the stairs and we were like, let's just go me, you and our cousin Brittany.
Speaker 3: I was to say, that's when split up everything too. It was it was like it was straight out of Scooby Doo. I was like, what kind of because we did.
Speaker 2: We were like, let's split up, and like some people went to the attic and some people went back downstairs, and then it was just us three on the and you know what, there wasn't a lot of people on the second floor when we were there.
Speaker 3: We see, the thing is when me and Britt were up there, there was nobody else with us. There was no nobody else, nobody.
Speaker 2: And you we were in like an office area or something. It looked like a warden's office or something.
Speaker 3: It looked like it like I got sent to the deans. Yeah, I'm serious.
Speaker 2: And then we like out and we investigate that room or whatever. I think I asked somebody to take a picture of me. And then we hit the corner and you're like, why are all these scratches on all the doors? Because there was legit like claw marks.
Speaker 3: Law marks on door and it was not just this floor, it was an almost every single room there was claw marks. It freaked me out so bad. And because I just picked up on that when we went in the second floor, I was like, Oh, this place is old, it's falling down, but no, this is intentional. Underneath all the door handles are big, old just gouge marks.
Speaker 2: And the paint is actually like peeled off, like oh.
Speaker 3: It's wood, which would it's just wood?
Speaker 2: Yeah, We round the corner and you're like, oh, these scratch marks on the doors. This is so, this is so creepy, blah blah blah. And we're at the precipice about to head into this blue room. That's the only thing I can remember about it is like the walls were blue, yep, And it was silent, and none of us were walking. We were all standing still, and what do you hear?
Speaker 3: Right next to my ear? It was like dunt dunt dunk, right next to my ear.
Speaker 2: I looked at Brittany and I was like, did you hear that? And then I looked at you and we all went and started running for our lives.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Not no time to react either, because I was immediately gonna be like, were you guys just knocking the message? And then you guys? Are you guys are all the way up there. I'm like, I'm not gonna eat and get away from you.
Speaker 2: And you know how I know we were alone up there is because we screamed so loud. Somebody from the whole other wing of the building came running down the hallway and they were like, what happened? What happened? Where where were you at? And we were like, down there, there's someone knocking on the wall, but they were all the way clear on the other in the other wing, like you know, it's kind of like weird shaped like this.
Speaker 3: They were like it was kind of shaped like double l.
Speaker 2: Yes, there was like a long corridor in the middle and then like two wings that broke off. Yes, And we were, let's say, on the left wing, and they were on the right wing, like way down the hallway because they ran to us. And then I was like the blue room, like there's something knocking. And one of the girls in their group said, oh, when we hit the top of the stairs up here, they wanted to go in that blue room. And I started freaking out and crying and I said I wouldn't go in there. She just got a feeling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, I do remember that conversation. Yes, I have it all on video. It's a it was a big.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, guess what what My brother just texted me. He said he might jump on let me see. Let me call him. Actually that be easier because he he freaking abandoned us halfway.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then Rachel just they wentn't got a tarot card reading?
Speaker 2: What you're doing.
Speaker 4: Smoking weed?
Speaker 2: What I'm on a I'm on a podcast with Evan talking about our experience at the seminary. You want to join us?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You guys? Do you guys?
Speaker 3: Mind?
Speaker 2: No? Hell no, that's the best thing of all.
Speaker 3: Well, here we go at the seminary.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just sent you. I just texted you the link. Evan is super cool.
Speaker 3: What's happening, Uncle Dave?
Speaker 4: Nothing man? What's up? Where are you at? And where are you at an Oliria?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm any town.
Speaker 4: Yeah, jagged, I'm the only one that got footage of smoke.
Speaker 2: We just talked about that.
Speaker 4: You count everyone. Everyone can shut up. I'm the master of the ghost sunning. Now, I'm the only one that came I'm the only one that came out with real physical proof.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's that's debatable now, Uncle Dave, because me, Brett and Julia.
Speaker 4: Oh, you guys got the knock. You guys did get a good knock. And if you guys hear, if you hear Crispin crunching and stuff like that, it's a Panda Express spring roll. I'm gonna be eat.
Speaker 7: So brother.
Speaker 2: While we're waiting for Rachel to jump on, what was your initial Uh? I don't know, like your initial when you pulled up, because we were just talking. The weather really showed up on that day. It was like misty and cloudy and it was perfect silent hill weather.
Speaker 4: It was Yes, what was.
Speaker 2: Your initial take on like you were pulling up, did you say, like, this place has got to be haunted or you're like, oh, they're making it an attraction so they can get money from this place.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's funny because like there are places that get certain reputations for some reason, and like this one really does have that reputation for some reason. Like there's a lot of people in the whole United States think that it's very haunted, and like, so there has to be something behind it, because not every haunted place gets that sort of reputation. And so I think it's cool to go through it because it is one of it's considered to be one of the most haunted places in the United States. So that's cool from the rip And maybe that has something to do with it, because like you go there with the expectation that this place is hot it but I'll say this, it was very creepy, right, And they they do the thing that they do, which is they put creepy stuff in the room to try to creep you.
Speaker 3: I was just about to say that, man, it's a mix of balls.
Speaker 4: But but here's the thing. Nothing they can put in that room. So here's okay. So here's what I'll say. They put little creepy stuff in all the rooms, but only certain rooms feel a certain way in there.
Speaker 2: I just said that that was That was exactly what I said. The room downstairs that Rachel initially went into, and I was across the hallway and you said, hey, come in here and just tell me how you feel. And I felt sick in that room. And then Evan said he felt like he had a hangover when.
Speaker 3: He felt like, yeah, it didn't. Yeah.
Speaker 8: So and really the first one was when when Rachel walked in the one room and like I was right behind her, and I got the same sort of sensation that she got.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I went in there with your friend Tiffany, and like it.
Speaker 2: Was and you got something different though you said maybe like a headache or something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like, I do get really bad headaches. I'm very sensitive to pressure changes as well. So I went in there and then my head just had like a splitting headache on my left side. And I felt nauseous and the room was really cold, like your your friend commented on how cold it was, and then we walked out, went into another room, talking about how it was creepy, and all of a sudden, I realized I wasn't feeling like that anymore. So then that's when I grabbed David and sold.
Speaker 9: Him to go in there.
Speaker 7: And he said he felt weird too, And then I think, so, did you say you felt dizzy as well?
Speaker 9: I did?
Speaker 2: I felt when I walked in, I kind of felt like like my head was spinning a little bit, and then my stomach kind of felt sick. And then I think, Evan, you walked in next two the sick room.
Speaker 3: What room?
Speaker 2: Was it the sick room? When you walked Did you walk in right after me?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yes, yes, I did, yes.
Speaker 2: And he said he felt like he had a like a hangover.
Speaker 4: H well, that's headache, Yeah, that's what it was.
Speaker 6: For me.
Speaker 4: It was almost like a like a nauseous like sort of lightheadedness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was light headed, yeah, And.
Speaker 4: And then like, uh, but the funny thing to me was is that we walked out of there, and like she said, you all of a sudden realized you didn't feel that way anymore. And then we went back in that room later and it didn't feel like that.
Speaker 9: It wasn't cold anymore. It was tray, it wasn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it wasn't cold, and it was like it felt like a completely normal room for whatever reason. So it's all so it's almost like certain rooms at certain moments just have certain weird feelings to them, and maybe that's the knocking thing, you know what I mean, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: We were talking about how we kind of all went outside to take a break because Evan was concerned about asbestos, and so we all went outside to take a break and we took some family pics together and when we went back in evenue, you said it best, it was like a Scooby Doo split up we It was literally everywhere.
Speaker 3: It was the strangest thing. Everybody was like, let's split up.
Speaker 4: Gang, and everyone just went to different places.
Speaker 3: Everybody did.
Speaker 7: I was by myself a lot of it, and I did it because I felt like if something weird was going to happen, I feel like it would have happened more.
Speaker 9: Likely if I was alone alone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But nothing other than that really stinky room that was.
Speaker 9: That was the only weird thing other than the headache. The room was that it was in the attic.
Speaker 7: It was painted dark blue, and it smelled like something. It smelled like death, like, it smelled like like a dead animal was in there.
Speaker 4: It smelled like something died in there. That it was one of the last It was one of the asked like places that I went in there where I truly felt weird. It was the room, Julia, if you remember, they said the one of the workers said that that was the most that was the most haunted room in the place. They said that the room.
Speaker 7: Well, I guess the beds used to be nailed to the floor, so she was showing me like the holes in the.
Speaker 9: Floor from all that.
Speaker 7: And I guess the way that it smells has smelled like that for a while, because like if a mouse died in like under the floorboards, yeah, it would be stinky for a bit, but it wouldn't be like that for the years.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, it's also not even necessarily the smell of death, but almost, like you said, the bed was nailed to the floor and stuff, it's like it's almost the smell of like excrement that like someone just being left in their own excrement for long periods of time. It's like it just smell. It just smelled disgusting.
Speaker 9: It smelled like something was decomposing.
Speaker 4: To me, it really did.
Speaker 7: It really smelled like like when my cats catch something.
Speaker 2: And now they called that the rape room. And I know when Madeline and JJ and Kim went up there, they said that they got like a tingling sensation in their face and then their jaws felt really tight.
Speaker 3: Locked my hand to described it like a lock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they got like lock jaw or something in that room.
Speaker 7: I did have like pressure in my head. But again I tend not to notice that too often because I'm very sensitive to different changes.
Speaker 9: But I do remember that and it just smelling.
Speaker 2: So after we all broke up, that's kind of when Brittany and Evan and I heard the knocks on the walls and then Evan about sharded himself.
Speaker 3: I did, yeah, I like that. I farted it, Yes, it did. And I go and that big group of people that were about to turn that corner. I said, uh, it might stink.
Speaker 2: Evan farted and then we ran down the hall. But on the other end of the hall. You remember when we were down there and we heard like a her.
Speaker 3: Like that we're talking about like metal grinding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then and then you were like, Brittany. Brittany said, there's nobody down there, and you were like, there's five people in that room. And she was like, no, I saw him leave. And we walked down there and literally we were by ourselfs And but while all this was going on, my brother and Rachel went to go get a tarot reading.
Speaker 4: That's true, that's true. Hey, and I will, I will, I will get into that. But you know what, I do want to just say one thing, Julie, and this is more like between me and you, because we went and did the other thing. But oh wait, Evan did too. Evan, you went and did Franklin Castle. You weren't Yeah, okay, you weren't with us that. I just want to I just want to point this out to anyone who cares, Like the way we did the Madison Seminary, that's the way to tour. That's the way to tour an old haunted place. Don't don't do a tour, don't do a guided tour that that like, dude, these places should all offer close you in, give you flashlight, walk around for three hours come out. But we don't need the weird stories that you have, you know what I mean. It's like, we just don't because in the end, that's not what's gonna get you. What's gonna get you is the room that smells like death, and the room that and the room that's thirty degrees colder than any other room in the house. For some weird like you're gonna pick up on that stuff. You don't need the drunk guy walking around the house telling you how scary it is.
Speaker 3: Died here in eighteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's the thing. So like you get what I'm saying, Julie, this is the this is the way. So I would say, definitely, what I'm learning is if you're going to go through a scary, haunted place, do just do it yourself at your own pace, however you want to do it.
Speaker 2: And you know what I think is different too about the Franklin Castle, which we did an episode on in this place, is if it's really haunted, let it speak for itself, yes, and just investigate it. Because honestly, I didn't need to know anything about that place. When I left, I was like, there's some fucking shit going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, don't tell us that a pink chair that clearly is not original to the house has all these hidden mysteries and secrets in the house. Like clearly you picked that up at the thrift store and brought that into the house and now you're telling stupid So like, now you've thrown us up. Now we don't even like it, you know what I mean. And that's the point. You want to go in and have these experiences for yourself. So good, like, good ups to the Madison Seminary for letting you just go and have an experience with it. You know, they got a little mad at us for being scared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said to hush up. They were like, you can't be clowning around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, apparently were the people talking in the theater.
Speaker 3: Very much.
Speaker 2: But you know, I think Rachel has got like a little bit of a sensitivity and so and then it was weird because you brought it up after we went to go get lunch together. But I saw you kind of wandering around and stuff, and then you went in the room that made you feel sick, and then I felt sick in there. But so when you first got there versus when you left, do you feel like there's something in there, and if so, would you say it's like a negative thing or just maybe unrested spirits.
Speaker 9: There was definitely some sort of energy there, but.
Speaker 7: I didn't feel like anything like there was a group of people that were saying that, like though the evil spirits were upstairs, Like I didn't feel anything dark or ominous or scary, which I just felt changes in the energy, but nothing felt scary to me. Like I have had experiences where for no reason like.
Speaker 9: It, you know, you almost feel like you have like a panic.
Speaker 7: Attack or something like that because something feels so scary because the energy is like that. But it wasn't like that at all. But I do think for sure that there's something.
Speaker 9: There's something in there or multiple different like or just like what do.
Speaker 2: They call it, like residual, Like whatever has happened in there has made like an imprint in there.
Speaker 4: But well, Julie, that's why I say, I always say that, that's where I always go to. That to me is the thing that I think there's the most proof of is that there's some kind of an energy imprint on these places because just trauma has happened there or something's happened there people have been emotional there, people have been passionate about.
Speaker 7: Something then and Harry Potter like magic leaves traces, so like the force.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, it is the force. I'll tell you the difference between touring the Franklin Castle, which you should take Rachel just for the shits and giggles.
Speaker 4: Oh, she would love it. It's a great it's a great place. Like That's why I always say people should go see it. They sort of ruin it for you by trying to give you this crazy, weird thing when really it would be crazy and weird on its own in all the best ways if they just leave you alone and let you look at it, let your let your brain do the you know, tour.
Speaker 2: For you, and you know what's crazy too is I'll tell the difference. I didn't feel shishkabob when we toured the Franklin Castle. Like there were moments when he would be telling a story where I'd feel creeped out, like the guy that broke in and burnt it to the ground, And then you kind of wonder, like, why would he break back into this place and burn it to the ground unless he experienced something or whatever, right exactly, psych that was kind of creepy, but just walking around it, he was making me so infuriated that I couldn't even like, if there was a vibe in there, I didn't pick up on it because.
Speaker 4: I was just so again, he's ruining it.
Speaker 3: He's ruining the vibe.
Speaker 4: There's so many things you would be naturally picking up on if you didn't have some drunk guy telling you what to pick up on, you know what I mean. It's like they're so terrified you're gonna leave and say I didn't feel anything, that they won't give you a chance to feel something. Mm hmm, you know, and it's like you just have to be left alone, like I'm so sure a ghost wants to attack you while you've got some you know, h On and Franz working out behind you. You know what I mean, It's like makes makes no sense. Like myself, it felt.
Speaker 2: Like a haunted family sleep over a little bit, because at one point we were wandering the halls in the dark with our flashlights and the lady comes up to us and goes, we got dominoes.
Speaker 4: We got you know what? You know what, there's something kind of endearing about that because it is it is, It is sort of like a high school sleepover sort of deal, you know what I mean, where it's like somebody just pops up and like hot coup girl in the red.
Speaker 2: Room, they did.
Speaker 8: Lights, the.
Speaker 3: Cards and something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was reiki healing. She walked around and she was like, we got Pamela here. She's good. She's doing the terror.
Speaker 3: She came to me and said and said they were doing raking. I go, okay, so what's raking? And she goes, hang on, hang on one moment and then she just walked away and never came back. I was like, what is raki? You know?
Speaker 2: And like clear, you're not ready for sage?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, mm hmmm.
Speaker 7: It's like crystals, like they just yeah yeah, hands above.
Speaker 3: Like touch my forehead with the crystal.
Speaker 4: At one At one point, I took all my clothes off and asked to be saged.
Speaker 2: Wait, no, you did not.
Speaker 4: And that's when the cops came and it got.
Speaker 3: Weir and he got yep. He was arrested.
Speaker 4: And now, of course I'm not allowed to go within fifteen hundred feet of the property.
Speaker 2: And so do you guys want to tell us a little bit about your tarot experience at the Madison seminarre.
Speaker 7: So I will say what we both asked about was we decided not to ask anything personal because I was kind of afraid, so we both asked about our jobs. It was very enlightening and very insightful, but there were some personal things.
Speaker 9: In there that I feel like I can't share.
Speaker 7: But what I will say is that she absolutely just hit the nail on the head with everything, everything about like the culture of where my job is and what I do too, things that have happened recently to like my future. And it was literally nail on the head.
Speaker 9: It was kind of cool. It was crazy.
Speaker 2: Did she pick up on that you're a musician? Brother?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know what's funny about it was like I and I went into this a one hundred percent skeptic, I mean as skeptical as you can possibly be about tarot cards, like I like to me, I was just always thought that was just a carnival.
Speaker 9: Trick any background.
Speaker 4: But because of that, She's right, I really did make it a point. I didn't even speak ask you can ask Rachel. I sat down in the chair and I didn't say a word, and literally the first time she spoke to me, I just sat there and I let them talk, and she was just like, oh, you guys want to reading. And I was just like, you know, I was cordial. I wasn't like just sitting there staring at her, but like I just didn't say anything about myself or try to show my personality or anything. I just sat in the chair. And at one point when she finally started doling my cards out, she gets like one card in and the very first card is death card.
Speaker 6: And she was like oh, and she's like wow, and and she's like and she's like, just so you know, that doesn't mean death always.
Speaker 4: Oh, it doesn't always mean death.
Speaker 7: Oh thank you, thanks into a story about yeah, one time this person.
Speaker 4: And person actually did die, but it's very rare, that's what she said. And I'm like, so, okay, here we go off and run. But still I didn't even react. I just sat there. I just looked at it, like I didn't even crack a smile. And then she goes, and then she she goes, really, what it means is change, like great change, and obviously you know I'm going through on real change in my life right now, you know what I mean. So I was kind of like, okay, all right, But then she goes further and further in and she deals out about like another six or seven cards, and she literally just stops and she goes, Okay, he goes. She goes, you you can't be as calm as you act. She goes, you have to do something really weird in your life. She goes, I'm guessing you own your own business. And then and then she goes, she goes, you're an artist, right, and and and like so I mean, she just absolutely like nailed it, like like right in there. And and even then I wouldn't give it to her. I just I wouldn't react. I just didn't say anything. I just kind of looked at her and and looked over at Rachel and looked back, and I was like, keep going, you know what I mean? And and honestly, there was there was. There was really no aspect of what she brought up that didn't kind of hit right on. Now. So either this middle aged woman from Geneva, Ohio, you know what I mean, is just an unbelievable ton artist, or there's or there's kind of something to it.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's just kind of something well, no, you.
Speaker 4: Get what I mean. That's like like I'm saying, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, there's definitely something too. I think that the reason she does Tara readings there is because that place is so chock full of energy too.
Speaker 4: Maybe that maybe maybe that helps, Like you're so you're already sort of tuned in with like kind of those yeah things.
Speaker 7: She also said that she liked that room because it was a safe place, and it's a safe room there, and it was really nice vibes in there.
Speaker 9: She had like cute little lights and like it was Yeah.
Speaker 4: She kept it really dark. But I guess the bottom line is, even as a skeptic, I came out of there being like all right, like she nailed it. Whatever it was, whether she fooled me or not, she got me that.
Speaker 2: So Evan said when he first got there that he was a total skeptic, and then we heard the knocks and like some other stuff, and now he's what kind of a believer? Where are you? Evan?
Speaker 3: I would say, yeah, I'm I'm a believer now that just that the knocking really was the straw that broke the camel's back, just because I know it wasn't either of you because your hands are down the hair like this, and you were behind.
Speaker 2: Me and we weren't walking or anything. It wasn't like we walked and there was.
Speaker 3: Like it rather than a.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what it's like.
Speaker 3: It was right by my ear. It was right next to my ear like it was one.
Speaker 2: Of those moments that instantly activates your colon.
Speaker 3: Well, no, go ahead, So I was gonna say really quick. Me and my mom and my stepfather all had watched it was like a ghost Hunter series. We have the live or whatever, and we watched an episode on Madison Seminary and one of the big one of the biggest experiences that people have there is the knocking really in the in the chair, in the chair creaking, and that's what I think that metal grinding was Julie when we heard that with that, I think that was one of the wheelchairs going because there were guys.
Speaker 4: Two for two with the big with the big things you can have there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that was the main those are the main things that people experienced there.
Speaker 2: Well, I interviewed a lady before so I I picked her out because I heard that she had a big foot story and she was from Ohio and I wanted to talk to her about that, and I didn't really know much else about her. I just set up the interview and then we got to talking and I was like, I'm from Ohio to and I think it's so cool that you've seen big Foot blah blah blah, and she goes, yeah, but you know, one of the craziest experiences I've ever had is that this place. It's in Madison, Ohio. It's called the Madison Seminary, and this lady is crazy. Like she goes in there by herself with her group, not like what we did with a flashlight tour. They like rent the whole thing out for the night and going there alone, and she puts herself in a hypnotic state. She puts white no noise earphones on and then she has like a spirit box and she can't hear anything else that's going on in the room, and like her group will ask questions quietly and she'll just blurt out whatever answer she hears through her headphones. And she said that while she was there, they were doing it and the answers were starting to get really creepy and really crazy, and she felt like she was just getting choked out and friggin was throwing up and all kinds of stuff, and they had to take her out of there, which is crazy because when we got there, they said no children allowed because the last time we let kids come in here they had to get taken off in an ambulance or something like that.
Speaker 3: The greatness of it, I feel like, if you something, you're probably gonna find something.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, And I want to have the little kids in there in case something really does jump out. So I could throw the little kids in front of me and then I have it, and then I have a better chance of making it to the car, you know what I mean, get and getting the hell up out of there.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm bigger than Evan, so I could have legitimately tossed his frail body in front of him.
Speaker 4: Well, and speaking of Evan as a side note, at this angle, doesn't he look a little bit like the ginger kid from Children.
Speaker 2: Of the Corn.
Speaker 4: He's like Outlander, he behind the rose.
Speaker 5: I thought you were gonna say the ginger kid from a Christmas story.
Speaker 2: I was gonna to say, not Scott Ficus.
Speaker 4: No, no, not focus.
Speaker 9: See the one with the yellow eyes, God.
Speaker 4: Damn it they were yellow. But no, man, I will say that place was That place has a thing to it. Now, I get it. I get why people feel that way. Here's what I would say. I would like to go in there seriously with nobody else, like like five people that I want in there, and like spend the whole night by yourself.
Speaker 2: If you could make it the whole night by yourself, I feel like I'd be too scared. Honestly, I'd be too scared.
Speaker 3: You don't think you could do in the episode and Rachel would get sick.
Speaker 4: What episode? Oh someone did that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that I was telling uh, just telling you guys about that's what they did. They spent the night there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. See, I think that would be cool. I would be interested to see what it happened if you were in there with nobody else and every noise you're hearing is just you. There's no one else in there, there's like you know what I mean, and like what that would feel like. I I would be curious as to see how that would go. Same with the Franklin Castle, I'd be I'd want to do the same thing. Everybody get out.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel an iota in the Franklin Castle.
Speaker 3: But we didn't have a chance.
Speaker 4: We didn't have a chance to it would be better if the Dons was fucking up our ass the whole time.
Speaker 3: I feel like if the if the guy that tour host was like it sounds to me like this guy had no personality, and I think the problem too much person too much, no kidding, because there is such a thing that they had a better guy in there.
Speaker 4: Maybe the people, the people that work at the Haunted Mansion at Disney would be like, dude, chill out, take take it down a notch. Dude, take it down.
Speaker 2: And he was so extra, he was giving like circus performer like it. It's kind of great. But at the same time, you guys don't really know any of the history of the Madison Seminary. And I found some stuff. I found an article. I was just gonna tell you some stuff that I found out that might make sense for like the activity that's going on there. And I do know there's also a massive graveyard right behind the parking lot, that back parking lot of the Madison Seminary, and there's a lot of unmarked graves in that cemetery from what this place used to be over time things Now do you know, do you know when it like if you had to put an age on this, would you say nineteen hundreds or older?
Speaker 9: Older? I would at least.
Speaker 4: I'd say older too.
Speaker 2: I think eighteen forty seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that makes sense. See I would have said like eighteen nineties or eighteen eighties. But that's wow, that's crazy. Eighteen forties is very freaking old.
Speaker 2: Yes. And so it was a high school. It makes a Madison high school in eighteen forty seven, I can see that. Then they turned it into a college because it was so small, and the town started growing, so it wasn't big enough to be a high school anymore. So they turned it into a college. And then when the Civil War broke out, they used it like if your husband died in the Civil War and you were a widow and you had children and you had nowhere else to go and no income and no one to care for you, they would take you into the Madison Seminary and care for you, and you would just grow old and die there and they would bury you in the backyard, and they would just take care of multiple different widows, like the whole place was full of widows and widowed families.
Speaker 4: Wow, maybe that's why it doesn't necessary, Like you feel those trapped energies there, but it doesn't necessarily feel evil to me that much. The only place that kind of felt a little evil to me was the stinky room. That was the place where I was kind of like yucky. And then like we said that room where we felt sick, it just felt like there was just some sort of a presence there. Well.
Speaker 2: It's interesting though, because after they were done like housing the widows in everything, they turned it into a reformatory where like the worst of the worst inmates.
Speaker 4: When oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Because they were like, we'll put them in a small, controlled group and we'll try to reform them quote unquote. So it was like this widow like, think of all the sadness and shit during the Civil War. First off, your husband's gotten blown to bits, and here you are with six kids and you have no income and nowhere to go, and you're stuck living in this place. Then they kick you out in some in this article it said some of the women they kicked out when Ohio Correctional whatever took over. Some of the women were like seventy eighty years old, had nowhere to go. They were just tossed out onto this street because Ohio Correctional whatever bought Madison Seminary and turned it into a reformatory for these like corrupted inmates or whatever.
Speaker 4: That's kind of I had no idea about that, by the way.
Speaker 2: Right, it was an orphanage at one point, and so it just like all this stuff, all these layers add up to why like sometimes you go in a room and you feel peaceful, and then sometimes you go in a room and you feel sick as fuck. And then sometimes you go in a room and you're like, what the fuck happened in here? It smells like dead body pussy and my jaws clink.
Speaker 4: Plan. Yes, yeah, they turned it.
Speaker 2: They turned it into something called Opportunity Village, and they took in a bunch of tuberculoses people, uh huh, and it was like we'll open up all the doors and windows and we'll bring the fresh air in here and we'll you know, So it was this It was called Opportunity Village, but really it was just a tuberculosis hospital.
Speaker 4: Dude, What do I always tell you when say the word tuberculosis and now you know, there's like that you've opened up a whole new can of worms, Because that's just death at all ages, death at all ages at all times, and tons of it just just where they stack them in piles, run them out on fucking trail cars. Rail cars.
Speaker 9: Wasn't as bad as the plague though, right.
Speaker 4: Oh it was crazy, but that's just well, no, but what they what.
Speaker 9: They used to do, was they the majority of Europe, Yes.
Speaker 4: But no. But the tuberculosis was they used to stick them all in the same place. And that's why you have these places where it was like thousands of dead in one place, because they used to all stick them in one and everybody wanted to be away from them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they thought that they could cure it by cracking your ribs open and cutting pieces of your lungs out.
Speaker 9: So there are a lot of people died from infection.
Speaker 2: They did, a lot of people did die from infection. And there was actually a lady, her name was Elizabeth Styles. She was murdered in the Madison Seminary. And uh, there was crazy person that broke in while it was abandoned in between it being a tuberculosis hospital and then figuring out what they were gonna do with it next, it was abandoned for a while and a crazy guy broke in there and he was like there's spirits in here, there's this, there's that kind of like the Franklin Castle and he burnt it to a crisp. And that's why when you look at the ceilings in parts of the Madison Seminary, all the paint is peeled in and it's got like a sooty, weird smell in there, and it's all like if you run your finger across a door, you can feel like all these little bumps in the paint. It almost looks, remember everything, like what's all over the door? The paint bubbled up during the fire. That's what that was.
Speaker 4: Scratch marks.
Speaker 2: No, that that was actually like scratch marks and stuff. But remember you were like, what's all over the door? It looked like the door was.
Speaker 3: Wet, Yes, okay.
Speaker 2: And then I went up to it and I rubbed it, and I was like, could it be condensation? And it wasn't. It's like bubbles in the paint, like bubbly. That was from the massive fire that broke out there. And like I said, there's this graveyard where they would just dump tuberculosis patients that died, and widows of the Civil War that died, and these inmates that died in there in the reformatory. They dumped them out there. There was orphans that died there, they dumped them out there. And if you go a lot of the tombstones apparently just say like widow, no name, no proper burial. And so there could be some like a combination of things like unrested souls and like traumatized souls, and like maybe it is residual and they just hang out there, or maybe it's like you said, and so much weird stuff has happened there that we just pick up on little things here and there literally.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: It's just lots and lots of history. And again I keep coming back in my mind too, like the more events and traumas and different things that happen in a confined space like that, the more it just builds up. And that's why, you know, we talk about other than like you know, when you get into like poultergeists and things like that, generally newer places don't get haunted like that, you know what I mean. And it's because they don't, right, and that's why. But they consider those to be different kinds of hauntings. They those are those are poultergeists or possessions or things like that where it's like, you know, but like I always make the joke, why why don't you ever run into a ghost that died in two thousand and you know eight, and was the guy that used to sell you your twisted tea? You know what I mean? At the at the at the circle k. It's never, It's always it's a colonial soldier with a.
Speaker 9: Musket because he looks modern. Yeah, like someone looking like colonial soldier walking around your yard.
Speaker 4: It might be just as scared. I would be just as scared of the guy that sells me twisted tea if I saw him in my bathroom while I was taking a ship, as I would a colonial soldier.
Speaker 2: But you just if you saw a guy in a beanie walking through your free you know what would be really scary is if he had those horrible what were they called, those pants that were just tree trunks Janko Jean Janko jeans walking through your front yard.
Speaker 4: You know, why don't why don't we ever, why don't we ever bump into a bunch of alternative heroin addicts that died in ninety five? You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: It's like you've probably passed them on the Street, they're like, oh man, and look at those you just think.
Speaker 4: They're still hanging out. They're like, wow, man, he's got a super vintage sound Garden T shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: They did go so I watched Ghost Adventures all the time, and they went to the Viper Room you.
Speaker 4: Know where Oh yeah, yeah right, and all.
Speaker 2: The stories around the Viper Room, and they did pick up on some really cool stuff while they were there. But I mean, if you saw something while people go there and have experiences and stuff, and they've said that they've seen River and he's not a colonial freaking musket having soldier, But.
Speaker 4: Throw something? Can I throw something out there?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 4: Rooms where things happen like a lot, Because here's another weird thing. Like my band played at Public Hall one time, a few times actually, and we've gotten to be up in the old dressing rooms, and I tell people the story all the time where they up in Public Hall. The Beatles played there, the Doors played there, Led Zeppelin played there, the Rolling Stones played there, Joe Cocker played. I mean, they're like, it's all everyone. They all played there, you know what I mean. And there's only one main dressing room where all the bands like hung out before the you know what I mean, And we got put up in that dressing room one time. And when you walk up, it's an old building, so there's always a big stairway leading down, and there's all these empty floors and there's all this stuff before you get to the main areas where you play. And the point I'm getting at is, I don't feel like that place is haunted. But like when you're in a place that has been there that long and that many big things have happened, do you feel you don't like to be alone. It's almost like you just feel that like there's just still things there, you know what I mean, And it's like not even necessarily haunted. It doesn't feel scary in that way. It's just like you just feel the presence of the other things. Yes, so do you if that makes sense perfect?
Speaker 2: Do you guys believe that you can get an attachment from going to places like the Madison Seminary? Yeah, Rachel, Yes, And I agree with Rachel.
Speaker 9: It depends on I think your.
Speaker 7: Probably susceptibility, your acceptance and get your experience in general. But I think how how open to attach yourself to it are too?
Speaker 9: How open am I to it?
Speaker 4: No, I'm saying I think that has a lot to do with it. It's like how open you are to a thing like that, probably if something can attach itself to you that way.
Speaker 2: Wait, so did any of you guys have experiences after you came back home or like did you have the ache on you or anything.
Speaker 3: Such a so closed minded with the dead bolt that it's just nope.
Speaker 7: I have weird stuff that happens at my house anyway, So if it did, I wouldn't you wouldn't talk it up to that.
Speaker 4: Rachel herself is paranormal. But no, you know, we've also been really busy. Like we we immediately like left town and we were at the Abbey Road thing and like we just we literally just got back.
Speaker 7: So that alarm went off when we were gone at like one thirty in the morning for no reason.
Speaker 4: Actually, okay, we were in Jeffersonville, Indiana, and Olivia called I don't know, she was staying here alone and she called at one thirty in the morning, just freaking out and she's like, Dad, no smoke. Alarms going off and there's no smoke and it won't stop and I can't ah, Like, do you know how scary that is. That's horrified, And I know what that would feel like if it was me, whether it was a ghost or not, I'd just be terrified because in my mind, it's like, it doesn't have to be a ghost. It could be the serial killer who's playing a drig on me and getting me to come to this room so we can cut my balls off. Richard Ramirez, Yes, like I'm falling right into his trap. So yeah, but that was a weird thing because that has never happened since I've been here, and it hasn't happened since.
Speaker 2: May I suggest a theory. Yes, Madison Seminary did catch on fire in a blaze.
Speaker 4: All right, you got me, You got me, And that's why you're the host of the podcast right there, right there, That's why you are Cosmic Peach.
Speaker 2: Watch Tonight, I'm gonna get a text message from Evan and he's gonna be in his bathroom taking his ship in the freaking smoke alarms gonna go off in his whole apartment.
Speaker 4: And then and then then they realize it's just carbon monoxide. That's real, that's real seeping from his ass.
Speaker 2: Do you guys have any other memorable moments there before I ask for our traditional rating of Madison Seminary.
Speaker 4: I don't really, I mean, I just think I would say just overall, it's a fun experience and if you're nearby and you're into that kind of stuff, you should go and look at it. It's fun. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Rachel did find also a death photo while we were there, and I forgot about that super crazy creepy.
Speaker 3: Backstory, Rachel.
Speaker 7: So I don't even know what that photo was or who it was, but it was definitely a death photo. So like back in the day, because taking family pictures and stuff really wasn't that common. So a lot of times when people would die, they would take pictures of them and they would just set them up and still and their eyes would be open, and that one the eyes were just blazed over, like almost white.
Speaker 9: It was really creepy, and they.
Speaker 2: Were really wide open too, like they like his lids open. Yeah, photo, I didn't do that, Yeah I have.
Speaker 3: I don't want to look into that, but I'm going to.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was very common with children especially, that's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because there wouldn't be so exactly yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, in honor of the episode, because brother, I've already asked you this, and I've already asked Brian and everybody else who's ever come on my show. But going back into cosmic Peach history, this is you have to answer the question. Because you guys are first timers. Rachel, I'll let you go first. What is your favorite scary movie?
Speaker 9: Oh, sinister eoo, that's a good one.
Speaker 7: The only one that I can like watch that. I'm I'm still uncomfortable at the end. I don't like scary movies that are like resolved and you're like, oh cool, the family is happy again.
Speaker 9: I like what you feeling like, creeped out cliffhangers. Yeah, can you get me?
Speaker 2: My brother said his favorite scary movie is or maybe he's already told.
Speaker 9: You, uh, Scream.
Speaker 10: I think.
Speaker 7: Scream.
Speaker 2: Okay, you passed the test. You can marry my brother.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Obvious.
Speaker 10: I'm a nineties kid, Evan, so don't I love I love good slashers like Scream and and you know, Chucky, you name it.
Speaker 3: I love all that stuff, right, the thirteenth night Mare on ELM Street, I love them. They're great, They're classics. But I have to say, and for any viewers who aren't hip, invest your time into this series, but it's the VHS series. It's the first movie that I thought of that that I was so scared. I used to I know, I didn't always have like a cell phone, but my dad used to have a home phone. And this movie the VHS series, the first one that came out, what was it twenty thirteen, twenty fourteen, maybe ye me so fucking bad. I call my mom and I'm like, Mom, just stay on the phone with me.
Speaker 4: Until I stay on the phone.
Speaker 3: I was so scared. In the freakiest because it's either VHS one or VHS two. I don't know why they are scary.
Speaker 4: By the way, those are very good.
Speaker 3: They're so freaky. So the first one, either the third or fourth tape, it's this this chick. They're all at a bar, and I don't want to spoil it, but I'm gonna spoil it just a little bit. It's only one tape in the VHS UH one movie and the lady is you know they she goes home with this dude, another dude and his girlfriend and they're all at like a motel and then she like she goes into the bathroom and you see her like morph she like breaks into wings from her shoulders and like her mouth is gnarly sharp teeth, and I was like, and you just see, like the camera she's like shaking the guy. She's eating him. It freaking out so bad. And then the last, the last little the last couple of frames, she has like demon claws for feet. She picks him up like a hawk and she used her and then the camera drops and goes and it just just.
Speaker 4: Is so good.
Speaker 3: Please any viewers who aren't hip, please please please invest your time into that series, because it is fantastic.
Speaker 4: I do want to go watch him again now, though, because I remember when I watched. I haven't watched them for a long time, but I do remember thinking these are like very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a good old fashioned scary movie night. Yes, I'm kind of into the weird ones recently, like skin a Merink and No.
Speaker 4: I thought, dude, Julie, Julie, let me tell you a good one. Let me tell you a good one. I won. Me and Rachel have watched recently, I'm telling you, and I watched they Won before, but I didn't know it was like a series. But X, and I think me and you talked about this before the movie X where they go it's like a it's a throwback to like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre type movies. And there's this character in it that is like sort of an ongoing character, but it's played by the same girl. But there's like an older version named Pearl. There's a right, so you've seen Pearl.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, yes, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: And then this one is called X. And then there's a new one coming out in July called Maxine and it's gonna and I'm like super stoked about it, but like, that's a cool one July. I bet you like it. You should watch X tonight, all right, all right, like Slash and.
Speaker 3: Go watch Laurel, then go watch Eld And it takes place in like nineteen seventy eight, so it's.
Speaker 4: Just it takes place in Texas.
Speaker 2: It does that is, if it takes place in Texas, I'm down. Well, you know one of the first horror movies that I really got obsessed with that I think you watch too, brother is it follows and the soundtrack. I love anything that's like vintage horror kind of you know, it's like you don't even know what decade you're in when you start.
Speaker 4: I don't care. I don't care what anyone says it follows as a masterpiece.
Speaker 2: And since we're talking about paranormally transmitted sexual diseases, let's rank the Madison Seminary.
Speaker 4: Normally transsexually transmitted.
Speaker 3: I was saying, did I get lost in the conversation?
Speaker 4: Hang on, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Have you never watched it follows?
Speaker 3: No, that's your homework, that's your.
Speaker 4: That was the That was the worst ghost rape since Evil Dead where the girl got raped by the wood.
Speaker 3: Tree with the strangling tree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the worst rape of all. Imagine being raped by nature.
Speaker 3: Got no thanks, I'm okay you.
Speaker 2: Have you ever spent a summer in Oklahoma?
Speaker 4: No, that's kind of like being raped by nature.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Evan. On a scale of one to ten, let me think I just had a good one. Okay, one to ten ghost rapes, where does the Madison Seminary fall?
Speaker 3: How did it tickle me?
Speaker 11: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to give it. I'm gonna have to give it a solid seven. Yeah, big time. Just from seeing my little sister's face, like having seen her super freaked out after going into that room with Jayden. That freaked me out real bad. Of course, the knocking right by my ear and the metal gear sounded like that. That's not really bad too, and I will definitely say I'm no, I'm not so skeptical skeptical of ghosts anymore, just because that just freaked me out so bad, so I'll give it a second. But if it comes to like ghosts followed me back or anything like that, nothing like that has happened, and thank god, you know, I don't want to hard, yeah, I don't want to learn the hard life.
Speaker 2: So Rachel into ten ghost rapes.
Speaker 7: Right, would probably go with like a six and a half, okay, because it was like it was creepy enough, but like other than just like feeling changes and energy and stuff like, I didn't nothing really paranormal happened that I like experienced.
Speaker 9: But I want to go again.
Speaker 2: I think you should go again, and like not with our family because we're a loud and obnoxious and we were running screaming in jokes.
Speaker 9: I want to behind stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes, get a ghost box to for other one to ten ghost rapes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I'm for me. It was just like probably like a solid uncle fondling okay, but like like around a like around a five, you know, just like.
Speaker 2: A five ghost fondling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something like that. You know, your creepy uncle died and came back and just gave you a bit of a fondle, that's all.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 4: But again, I would like to go back. I think it would be fun to explore again, maybe with a ghost box, maybe certain rooms for longer periods of time, close the doors and sit in there for a while, you know what I mean. I think that would be kind of cool. And I would go a little bit later in the night so that it's dark like the whole time.
Speaker 2: That also makes a difference because when it was daytime, I think we were all drinking off and then when it got actually nighttime.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then it's like, oh yeah, then you're starting to feel it. So yeah, but definitely worth seeing for sure. If you can get there, you should get there, and there's something, there's something going on there that's creepy for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, when I first got there, my rating fluctuated because when I first got there and we went through all the like no kids allowed and blah blah blah, and then we were kind of walking around, I would would have gave it like two ghost strapes. But then when in the thicke of things when we heard the knocking on the wall. Straight ten ghost.
Speaker 4: Rapes for me, straight up.
Speaker 2: Ghost rapes, legitimately puckered.
Speaker 4: That's uh. You know what. My biggest regret is Brian couldn't be there too. Mine too, My biggest regret. All right, that's the next time we go. He has to be there. Well, he that's the only prerequisite.
Speaker 9: We should do the Mansfield Prison.
Speaker 7: And yeah, because I'm pretty sure you can do sleepovers there too.
Speaker 9: I think they lock you and lock you down.
Speaker 3: I'd about that place.
Speaker 9: I will.
Speaker 2: Let's plan it for my next visit. It's going down Mansfield Reformatory.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let us know ahead of time and we'll plan for it. That'll be really fun it.
Speaker 2: Down in there together. And Evan. If you're not a believer after that, then fuck you.
Speaker 4: We'll put Evan in the solitary confinement for the whole time we're there. O, my god, you'll just come out and be like, man, I haven't had that good of a nap in year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, until he feels one of the spirits braid in his pit hairs.
Speaker 9: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Maybe like that Goes taught me how to keeyster.
Speaker 2: Well, I love you guys so much. Thank you for joining me tonight on this episode. I think we had a great family bonding experience. Cool, but thank you so much. And to all the listeners, thank you and we will catch you on the next one.
Speaker 11: Don't and do and w do you thank and you don't and do and do the thank and
Speaker 10: Do