Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped off, bad news, You need advice.
Speaker 2: So you don't have the.
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast.
Speaker 4: As we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: This is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martine.
Speaker 7: Welcome, Welcome to the only show of it's kind.
Speaker 8: We my friends are here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Our goals to make your life just a little bit better. And that's basically it. You've been ripped off taking advantage of there's no better phone number than three oh three Martino. That number while we're live, will come right here. If you've been ripped off, maybe a bad contractor my goodness, maybe a bad landlord. We're getting more and more of these calls where people don't have heat, people don't have water, you pretty much name it. We're starting to get them way too often. I thought Denver was to be very pro very pro renders, but it turns out that's not true.
Speaker 7: They try, but like.
Speaker 8: A lot of people, they fail because we get the calls here all the time. Three zero three Martino over three hundred million dollars cash merchandise exchanges refunds directly and I mean that directly due.
Speaker 7: To this show.
Speaker 8: In studio with me, got some real estate experts. If you haven't heard this name, you haven't lived in Denver more than an hour. Frank Dran the real estate man, Frank Harry, you man well at.
Speaker 9: Schucks, Mark darn it. It's good to see you this morning.
Speaker 7: So so why to me, Tree, I don't even know if you know this?
Speaker 8: Okay, I'll try, probably like you and Tom during the breaks when we're on just YouTube, I might occasionally accidentally cuss no, you know, yes, And one day, many many many moons ago, I would say ten years ago, Frank easily ten Maybe I'd say ten years ago is a good way. He was sitting right there. I was sitting right there. Tom was sitting right here. These were the good old days.
Speaker 7: We were all here, And I probably said a few words during the break.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm just assuming. And Frank looks at me with the funniest looking face, very honest, and says, wow, Mark, you're not a shucks in darn kind of guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that all falls under the heading Man, it's hard to be from Jersey.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know it is.
Speaker 8: Let me tell you my I'm not gonna say my parents cuss like sailors, but they cussed quite a bit. My grandparents did. Almost everybody in New York. I don't care if you're from the city or upstate like me. And then South Jersey.
Speaker 7: Forget about it. I mean goodness, the words you would hear, the racial slurs, you name it. It was absolutely insane back in the day.
Speaker 4: And I missed those days. You talk about a culturally enriched environment.
Speaker 8: It was actually South Jersey was big time. Being just a white guy. Seriously, I was probably the minority Italians, Irish black folks. There wasn't a lot of Hispanics or Mexicans in Jersey, but man, the Italians. Holy moly, South Jersey. It was all Italian. Stephanie Thomas, your Italian.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 7: I know you and I.
Speaker 3: Lived in Jersey.
Speaker 7: You never lived in it, Yes, I did when I was at you in Jersey.
Speaker 8: By the way, Stephanie Thomas, realtor extraordinary and friend of the family for twenty plus years.
Speaker 7: Where so I lived.
Speaker 4: I grew up.
Speaker 10: Air Force and I lived in I forgot about that. One of their breasts, yeah, one of the Air Force baces up there. I can't even.
Speaker 7: McGuire McGuire unless the Dems renamed it. It's now something probably like you know, sweet tooth Pie or something.
Speaker 10: It's been a minute.
Speaker 11: I was.
Speaker 10: I was quite young then, but yeah, I lived in Jersey.
Speaker 7: Wow, that's incredible. I love that.
Speaker 8: So we've got Stephanie Thomas, Frank durand real estate experts. We got Deputy Scott. We call him Deputy Dollar. What's going on, Deputy Dollar?
Speaker 12: Hey, it's just a great morning. Yeah, yeah, shirking in some cases.
Speaker 8: You guys know what's funny about Deputy Dollar. What he used to do for a living. He would count sheep. People out there listening going on with Does that mean he literally counted sheep for the us DA? Right, Yes, the USDA paid someone to count sheep. Have you ever in your life heard of anything like that. That's what he did for a living.
Speaker 4: Is that part of a sleep study or something.
Speaker 8: So if you've got a problem, any problem with sheep counting three h three seven, one, three eight, two five five, that is so funny. But you were doing it as an accountant, I mean basically, that's why happen. So here's the backstory. And I love this story because most people don't know this. So when you see a commercial on TV that is like, not where's.
Speaker 7: The beef, but what was the beef?
Speaker 5: One?
Speaker 4: The big one, it's what's for dinner?
Speaker 7: Beef, It's what's for dinner?
Speaker 12: So got milk and all these people chip.
Speaker 8: In for that advertising you see that are in the beef industry, and it goes through the USDA and each head back then at least when it came to cattle, was what a buck?
Speaker 4: A buck ahead, Yes, a buckehead.
Speaker 8: So every cattle you slaughtered, you're supposed to pay a buck into the kitty for the advertising.
Speaker 9: And a lot of people would fudge.
Speaker 7: It, right, Oh absolutely, they'd say like, oh.
Speaker 8: They only killed you know, three hundred, but they killed a thousand, and then of course they're keeping seven hundred bucks.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you had saw was it in Jersey?
Speaker 7: They chased you down or they pulled the gun on you?
Speaker 4: Or was that Jersey?
Speaker 12: Patterson?
Speaker 9: Patterson, New Jersey.
Speaker 8: He walks in, you know, he walks into a tough guy, like not the fake tough guy, like a legitimate tough guy.
Speaker 12: And what did the guy do skiat Well, it's an ethnic slaughterhouse. But yeah, he was standing on the loading dock and I mean he had a gun.
Speaker 7: And he told me to why you counted the sheep?
Speaker 12: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 8: That's unbelievable. What a crazy job. It must have really stunk in there, right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, slaughterhouses aren't the best places to go.
Speaker 8: No, it's gotta be horrible, all right, folks. I'll always let you know when we have lines open, and we do right now. Three zero three seven one three eight two five five. I was watching this morning everybody complaining about Doge. It's amazing to me that people complain about finding waste in our government.
Speaker 7: People.
Speaker 8: I don't care what side of the aisle of you on. These are our tax dollars. I had no idea our tax dollars were going to such crazy things.
Speaker 7: What's the craziest one you heard of, Dmitri?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, right at the beginning of this process, they stopped a fifty nine million dollar payment for a kid you not condoms for Gaza, for Gaza, Yeah, fifty nine million.
Speaker 8: I didn't even know that. First of all, there's no one that's even in Gaza. There's like thirty people.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, I think that was the very first payment to actually stopped.
Speaker 8: Fifty nine million. I just can't imagine why anybody that pays taxes. Now, if you don't pay taxes and you live off the trough, I understand you could care less. But if you literally pay taxes like most of America, I have no idea. The one that gets me is all the money going to from the federal government to New York City to pay for the hotels for the migrants. When we have people that have fought in wars and fought for this country and have enlisted and they need the help. That drives me insane. Yeah, and that goes for Denver right here.
Speaker 4: To make matters worse. That happens unfamiliar with that case. It's Roosevelt Hotel, which is a Rosary hotel, which is Roosevelt owned by the Pakistani government.
Speaker 7: That's unbelievable. So basically they're again we're giving it to the money to Pakistani I mean, really, that's what's happening here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not exactly a friendly state. No.
Speaker 8: And then we had like a puppy show or something for not a puppet show, what was it, a comic book street.
Speaker 7: Oh, oh, there's a sesame street with a.
Speaker 4: Lot of money, bag dad, Yeah, those twenty some million dollars. And then the comic book you're referencing is I believe it's in Paraguay.
Speaker 8: People are going crazy because I don't even think the tip of the iceberg has been found. I think when they start digging in to the Department of Education. And by the way, I would love to hear people's comments on the Department of Education. You know when we talk about shutting it down. We all want our kids. There's no one out there that doesn't want your kids to have a great education. There's no doubt about it. Just for them to survive, be able to feed themselves when you die, or even when they hit eighteen, or whatever the goal is in your house. It's remarkable that anybody wouldn't want a good education. We're like number forty six in the world, but when it comes to spending per student were number one.
Speaker 7: I think about that. It makes zero sense whatsoever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a huge disconnect between cost and result in an inverse relationship.
Speaker 8: And I'll give you a good example. Look at let's look at Douglas County. Listen, we lived in Castle Rock and I think it was called Suzanne. Where did our kids the high school was Castle View? Is that where they would have went ers at the middle school.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, Castleview High School.
Speaker 8: So you know what, there was so many issues there. I couldn't believe it. And this is Douglas County. But I'm going to give you an idea between Castle Rock then where we moved. So there was suicides all the time, there was drug overdoses, and they always kept all this stuff quiet. I guess they keep the suicides quiet because they don't want it spreading. I'm not a psychologist. I don't quite understand that. I you know, the parents, we would generally end up finding out through the school eventually, but you wouldn't see it on the news. I mean, you just wouldn't see stuff. But the drug abuse with kids like middle school in high school in Castle Rock.
Speaker 7: Was just unbelievable.
Speaker 8: We moved to Franktown and they went to Ponderosa High School, and Ponderosa almost zero problems, zero, never heard I can't think do you remember one suicide at Pondo while they were there. I don't remember one single one.
Speaker 13: Parents would kick their kids butt for committing suicide.
Speaker 8: Out there, even thinking about it. They'd probably beat your ass. I mean really, it was crazy. But Pondo fed from all kinds of different places, and I mean we're talking some real country boys.
Speaker 7: We're talking the whole bit.
Speaker 8: But uh man, But when it comes to the Department of Education, and you know what, Frank, I want you. You have a son that just graduated not long ago from high school, right.
Speaker 9: Well, you know he actually went to a private school.
Speaker 7: Excellent.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but he just graduated.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 9: Well, it's been a couple of years, believe it or not. Oh, two years, that's been all right. Hold on, I got to take a break.
Speaker 8: But when we come back, I want to ask you about that, especially the private school part. And you know tax vouchers. Wouldn't it have been nice to take your property tax money in stet of money right out of your wallet and put it towards it, compared to putting it towards the public school that was probably failing wherever you were. Hold On, all right, three zho three seven one three A two five five. We have a couple of lines, hoping you've been ripped off taking advantage of I do want to go back to Frank Durand though Frank, we are talking Department of Education. Danny, I promise I'll get to your problem in a second. But this is important to me, and it's important to everybody out there with kids, and Stephanie, I want you to chime into But I don't understand why we have a national or a federal department of education. I think the Fed should give money directly into each state. Whatever the budget is for the students. Then the states bring it down to the schools that need it. They close the schools that basically need to be closed, They do what they need to do. On top of that, I think that money should be allocated. And this gets into your businesses. When it comes to real estate and selling property. People that have kids, they care about the school district's big time, right. Is it true that can literally kill an area?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 9: Absolutely, that can make a difference. Mark because a lot of times we'll talk to buyers and will ask for their criteria, and one of the criterias that they bring up a lot of times is the school if they have children, So that gets brought up quite a bit. And of course, as taxes go up and now the cost of insurance mark as you know, it's going up too massive, Oh my gosh, So it's making it tougher and it's given buyers fewer choices.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we got screwed in Colorado, And I don't care what side you are on again, if you don't think us as a whole in the state of Colorado didn't get Oakie doped by the governor and his goons when it came to property taxes, you're absolutely insane. A lot of people doubled. They went from a couple grand a year to four. Some people went from five to ten, ten to twenty. The way they value the homes now, it's different than they ever have before, and different than most every other and it's it's it's remarkable how we got so screwed by Polish, one hundred percent screwed by everybody that had.
Speaker 7: Anything to do with that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they basically got rid of the Gallagher Amendment, that's what they voted on. And they tricked this by saying, oh, well, we're going to lower sales taxer bs.
Speaker 7: They didn't do any of that. That they're a bunch of scam artists.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Mark a good point, and I'll tell you too. What I saw get affected a lot was the condo market in some areas because with higher taxes, insurance was tougher to get HOA fees going up. It was knocking a lot of buyers out of the market. Suddenly, inventory on condos in some areas went through the roof crazy. It was unreal, and it was just making it harder to buy.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm getting so sick and tired though of thinking. And I've had this argument way before Trump, Suzanne. How long have I been bitching literally about the Teachers Union, the National Teachers.
Speaker 13: Union A longer, A long time.
Speaker 7: Let's just say twenty years ago.
Speaker 8: If I was at a party and someone was a teacher, I'd go, how the hell can you be in that union?
Speaker 5: Can do it?
Speaker 8: I just don't understand. There's scammers. They're all scammers. They spend the money on themselves, not on my kids, not on your kids out there listening. And I know there's good teachers. I'm not arguing that at all. I'm saying the money you should be getting more money at the school level, not the administration in Washington. There is no reason to pay all these cronies up in Washington for the state of Colorado education.
Speaker 7: You pay our teachers and you get our.
Speaker 8: Students what they need when it comes to books and when it comes to the education in general.
Speaker 7: That's what you do. You don't pay.
Speaker 8: These guys to decide that they're going to put tampons in the men's room. There's no purpose in any of that. There's no purpose. The only thing a kid should be doing in school is learning. I don't care about any other part of it.
Speaker 7: That's it. They learn.
Speaker 8: You get good teachers, and then what is a good teacher? How do you judge that? Well, you judge it by the grades in the school. If you have good teachers, the students should be doing good. This isn't break surgery. I'm not saying anything.
Speaker 9: That people you can't tell.
Speaker 8: If you look at a business and it's profitable, well, they must be doing something right. If you look at a business and it's failing, they must be doing something wrong. But when we have places like in Chicago, in some areas of Denver where not one single child can like read past the third grade level and they're in fifth and sixth grade, that's a big problem. That means they're not doing anything. That means there's lazy people they're teaching, and they shouldn't be. Those parents that are forced into that situation because of this teacher's union should be able to take the tax dollars.
Speaker 7: Police.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Polis You should let them take their tax dollars and apply it towards a private school or a charter school or any school they want. And I don't care if it's religious, long as they know what they're doing and they educate children. Shame on everybody in Washington, all of them. Now, they're all up there complaining. Oh they're trying to cost and get read the Teagents Union. Wait till you see the corruption that we're going to find in there. They can attack Elon Musk all they want, It doesn't matter. Him and his group can find wasteful spending. Any business in the world would love for Doze to come in and do it. He doesn't have to do this. He's got basically double the money of anybody else in the world. You can take Warren Buffett, you can take all these other people and at them up and with the exception of a few of them, like from Google and Meta, I mean, he's literally the richest man in the world by a ton.
Speaker 7: It's crazy. What do you think of that, Dimitri.
Speaker 4: Well, I think they're doing God's work on this, and what we've seen so far, as shocking as it is, is not even the tip of the tip of the.
Speaker 7: Eyes not even close.
Speaker 4: Wait till you see the dozens, if not hundreds of books that are going to be written about what these people have uncovered.
Speaker 8: And it's all pet peeves from people in Washington. Are not pet peeves, I'm sorry. Pet projects, Yeah, they're stupid. Pet projects. They're absolutely stupid. I'll just say it. And I'd even go a step further and say some of them where they're paying three four million dollars to something like you go what you just scratch your head to, like, you know, to save I don't know, to save the squirrels, whatever it happens to be. Let's save rodents in South Jersey.
Speaker 4: Well I would support that because I love rodents and special squirrels. But I think what we're gonna see.
Speaker 8: No, but listen, let me bring that one step for so, the pet project's two three million, and you know, when we're talking thirty six thirty seven trillion in debt, you think of millions, You're like, that's like a dollar. But guess what I think those businesses or those projects are. That money's going directly into people's pockets. Yeah, that million dollars follow the money, Yeah.
Speaker 4: That million dollars is real for somebody who gets it and they get it for nefarious reasons.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the thing that's really interesting is that Doeze is going to they announced yesterday they're going to start looking into this unexplained enrichment of federal employees and elected officials.
Speaker 8: Yeah, people that literally haven't even worked or shown up for work still getting a paycheck.
Speaker 4: Well, they signed an example of Elizabeth Warren, for example, whose salary is about two hundred thousand dollars a year. She's got how much I think, if I remember right, she has a masked a fortune of about twelve million dollars.
Speaker 7: Now come any.
Speaker 4: About twelve million, I remember right. But look at Nancy Pelosi. Oh god, she went from being a model on a gas station calendar. They're having a net worth of I'm pretty sure it's like four hundred million dollars.
Speaker 7: Unbelievable.
Speaker 4: So they're going they start looking in this. They're crux.
Speaker 7: Hey, Danny, what's going on with renewal by Anderson?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 2: They they are asking me to pay almost forty thousand dollars now for windows that I have mold in my house.
Speaker 7: WHOA, you're saying the windows have something to do with the mold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the windows are condensating, and I have a thermal camera. I bought a thermal camera. I sent them pictures of everything, and the windows condensate at night. It's Colorado, it's cold, right course, and then the moisture comes down.
Speaker 8: Hold on, I'm going to bring you right up after this break so we can take time on it. But I want to know where the mold is. Is it forming around the windows. We'll figure that out and if we got to get an expert on, we can get down on as well. Three oh three seven one three A two five five three oh three Martino, two lines open, three zero three Martino.
Speaker 7: I want to hear from you.
Speaker 8: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino. You've been ripped off or taken advantage of. And Dimitri's got a great update. But we're going to finish up with Danny first, or at let least get rolling. So Danny called up when did these windows renewled by Anderson? When did the company install the windows? And how many windows did they install? Was it the whole house or what?
Speaker 2: No, just thankfully they talked me into the ones in my bedroom and my bathrooms which is awful.
Speaker 7: How many windows in this five windows? And when were they installed?
Speaker 2: Glass door? December nineteenth, twenty twenty.
Speaker 7: Three, Oh my god, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: We're still dealing with this, And say I called them. They came out and their guy, Andrew came out and looked at everything, and he said, oh man, it's the glass itself. We're gonna have to remake them. Then I never hear from him again.
Speaker 7: Where is the mold growing?
Speaker 2: Okay, so the window's condon fate. Yes, it pulled outside warm inside and the glass isn't good enough.
Speaker 7: I guess is it double pain about?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 8: Okay, so double pain? Do you see mold? I'm just asking where the mold is? Do you see it between the sheets of glass? Where do you see it?
Speaker 7: Is it in the walls?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: It's where the water runs off the window and sits on that.
Speaker 7: Ledge outside or inside, right.
Speaker 2: Right inside the house, right below where the window stops, you know, the trim ledge.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got you. So it's going into the wall behind the dry wall.
Speaker 2: It should know, it should be just going sitting on that ledge and probably going in between where the window closes.
Speaker 7: And I think I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 8: So, if I'm staring at one of these windows, the worst one, I understand how the water's running down and it's getting out. I mean, in other words, there's air in there. The seals have broke, something has happened to allow moisture and air and everything else into that window. So the water runs down to the bottom, and then it's starting to mold along what the track at the bottom, along with the wood that's under it, or the frame.
Speaker 2: Wood the wood because of wood frames.
Speaker 7: And you can actually see like green or black mold. It's white, white mold.
Speaker 8: But I'd love to see a picture of this. Could you have any pictures of this you can send us.
Speaker 2: I have lots of pictures.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't need one hundred. I just want the worst ones. What's at I.
Speaker 2: Send everything to the Better Business Bureau, and they're still messing around. Well, of course, they told me twice they're going to send somebody out, and then they sent out the measurement guy that originally measured the windows, who measured him wrong and they were too small. In the beginning.
Speaker 8: The sales guy you talked to that came out and said, oh man, there must be a problem with the glass.
Speaker 7: How long ago was that?
Speaker 2: That was May twenty twenty twenty four, and that was it.
Speaker 8: You kind of just let it go after that, or have you add more contact with eight weeks?
Speaker 2: He told me it would be eight weeks and they'd get a hold of me when the windows were remade.
Speaker 8: So he actually, do you have anything in writing, like from anybody, anybody in the company saying hey, we're going to remake.
Speaker 2: These Nope, just his word.
Speaker 7: Does he still work there?
Speaker 2: They said, he does, yeah, but you.
Speaker 7: Can't get in touch with him anymore.
Speaker 2: Not him personally, No, I can only get a hold of Anderson renewal by Anderson, the company, and they what I think happened was in that eight weeks where they said, hey, we're going to remake the windows. He got paid for from Green Sky. They're lendered, yeah, of course, And so then they just let it go until my contract had run out.
Speaker 7: And now there it was twenty four What is the warranty on these windows supposed.
Speaker 2: To be lifetime? But you can't even get them to do it right the first time?
Speaker 8: So okay, but I mean they're not We don't get a lot of calls on these guys. This one's pretty interesting for these guys. The way they're handling it is kind of perplexing to me. I don't quite understand why they would tell you they're getting the ball rolling to get these made right. Were they saying they either wrong size or literally that there was something wrong with the glass.
Speaker 2: He said there was something wrong with the glass itself.
Speaker 8: That doesn't That just doesn't make any sense to me, Suzanne, let me put her on hold and see if you can get Nick Gravina up for me. I want to talk to Nick Gravina about.
Speaker 7: This real quick. What location? Where are you, Danny?
Speaker 2: I am outside of Fort Morgan, Colorado, and there's.
Speaker 7: Where the hell's at? I'm sorry, I don't even know where that is?
Speaker 4: People.
Speaker 7: How far north is that from Denver?
Speaker 2: Seventy an hour northeast on I seventy six, god bless twenty minutes.
Speaker 8: Maybe that's a heck of an ask. I don't even know. But hold on, let's see what he says on the phone. That's a heck of an ass to go out there and check it out. I'm just you're not claiming there's like black mold everywhere and you're sick and stuff like that. You just want the windows fixed right.
Speaker 2: No, and I've been cleaning the mold because obviously I'm not gonna let myself get sick.
Speaker 8: Send me, send me listen, I'm gonna put you on hold right now again. We're going to try to get her expert up. But send me some pictures, like two or three pictures that that makes sense. You're gonna send them to help HLP at troubleshooter dot com. Okay, okay, and then hold on. We're going to get an expert up. Susannah will ask you any questions if she has any to Metre tell me about this update. By the way, we have some lines open three zero three, seven, one three eight two five five three out Thre Martino. We use the power of the media to get things done. Let's just put it how it is, Dmitri, what is this great update?
Speaker 5: Mark?
Speaker 4: It's preposterously hilarious and it's a serious issue for the consumer. But the more I dug into it, the more funny and silly it became. You may recall that yesterday we got a call from a gentleman named Steve who admits to having pulled into a pay parking garage and cherry creed.
Speaker 8: He had an eleven thousand dollars parking ticket right or parking bill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he parked. That's the upshot of the story. He parked there once, and he admits to it. He didn't pay the bill. He got a ticket from this company that I'm actually personally familiar with because they started hounding me for something.
Speaker 8: And apparently the guy that owns this company, he's an attorney, right.
Speaker 4: Oh, no, no, no, I'll get to that in the moment. There's an attorney involved. So Parking Revenue Recovery Services, which is an Aurora company. I remember having looked them up last summer. They've sent him yesterday, Steve said, over ninety separate bills for this parking toe.
Speaker 7: When you say that by email.
Speaker 4: No, by us mail.
Speaker 7: Wait a minute, they said ninety notices, Yeah, in like a day.
Speaker 4: No, since August. They've been since August ninety Yeah, And I had trouble believing that. And I'm thinking to myself, they're probably billing him ninety two bucks. But through some computer glitch it keeps generating the same building over it actually works. I just logged into his account at Parking Revenue Recovery Services. There are now literally one hundred separate invoices.
Speaker 8: Hold on, hold on, we got to take this break. I'm dying to hear the end of this one after this. So I'm hoping you said it's a great update. I'm hoping so because my brain's ready to explode. All right for three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three, Martino got lines open. You got any questions, comments, complaints you wanted, just out some bad contractor, we'd love to hear from you. We use the power of the media to go after the scumbags out there making your life miserable. Now what I need from Dmitri is to tell me about this parking This poor guy gets a parking ticket. He has gotten one hundred notices by snail mail usps to his house. Well, you logged into his account because you doubted this.
Speaker 4: I doubted it. I thought it was a glitch. Well, I just logged into. I'm in there right now. I'm at his account at the collection agency. There are now a nice even one hundred different invoices for ninety two dollars each, including three that was issued just today, and today isn't over yet.
Speaker 8: Now wait a second, So why would they be getting invoices three times a day?
Speaker 7: Does the callers? He doesn't owe the money.
Speaker 4: He owes for one parking event, which would be what ninety two dollars?
Speaker 7: But after.
Speaker 8: Is there attorney's fees? Is there collection fees? What are we at?
Speaker 4: I haven't seen that. But here's where it gets even better.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: So the parking tickets that he has now received total ninety seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 7: How is that possible?
Speaker 4: One hundred times ninety two?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 7: So they're each a different invoice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. They're billing him for one hundred different invoices for parking there every day, well three times today, three times for the parking event that took im possible. Well, here it gets better. So he owes ninety two hundred for the invoices.
Speaker 7: But for parking there one time?
Speaker 4: Gets better. There is also a convenience fee of five hundred dollars.
Speaker 7: Oh my god. So what's the name of this company? Again?
Speaker 4: There are three? There are two companies involved in this. So he gets these invoices from a place called Parking Revenue Recovery Services, Inc.
Speaker 7: Which is an in voice from what does it say?
Speaker 4: Well, it says notice of nine compliance. There is a two photographs of his vehicle coming in and coming out.
Speaker 9: It says date issued.
Speaker 4: So the one I'm looking at date issue January thirty first of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 7: And he wasn't there.
Speaker 4: He wasn't there. And it's also the same pair of photos in all of.
Speaker 7: These, so it's the same exact photo.
Speaker 4: It's the same exact photo.
Speaker 9: Well, this has got to be a glitch.
Speaker 7: Then I think they can't be this stupid.
Speaker 4: Well, of course not. And to make matters worse, this invoice also appears.
Speaker 7: To I think the state of Colorado possibly win after those guys.
Speaker 4: They did, and they did I think more than once. And I saw a reference to them in a story that was dated just December of last year.
Speaker 7: What was the gist?
Speaker 4: The gist as they reached some kind of a settlement with a state government and an.
Speaker 8: Agreementyfaly sending out what phony blooney invoices or what didn't see?
Speaker 4: I didn't say any mention a phony below invoices. I don't remember how the tecktails her. Yeah, well, I didn't see the details of that story because part of it was behind a paywall, But I got the idea that was kind of a.
Speaker 9: Scumbag company in my opinion. So, Daniel B.
Speaker 4: Kelly is an attorney whose office apparently isn't Centennial, and he's the one that's also trying to collect on these invoices.
Speaker 8: He's trying to collect ninety six hundred bucks plus five hundred.
Speaker 4: I don't think he even knows this, because no attorney in his right mind would risk his license or the exposure under the Federal Fair Debt Collection Act by trying to collect ninety nine bogus invoices.
Speaker 7: So what happened when you talk to him?
Speaker 4: Well, so I sent him an email asking him for comment on this story, and mister Kelly did respond to me. He Versedeo politely said, hey, thanks for the opportunity to respond to the story about concerning my firm. He said he'll be I did ask him to come on the air with us on Friday because it is Carday cool and I thought this was would be a nice fit with the theme. So he said it will be out of the office on Friday, but he'll be glad to talk to us, and he gave me his cell phone number. He said, understandably, and I agree with him that the client attorney privilege will preclude him from discussing any specific customers, sure of his, but in.
Speaker 7: General, how about all the people they've done this too?
Speaker 4: But in general, he did issue three bullet points of the kind of stuff that he can talk about. And I'm not looking to nail this guy to the wall. But attorney might not know.
Speaker 8: I don't think he can cryant is billing ten thousand dollars in billing for parking every single day, three times a day.
Speaker 4: No, I agree. I don't think mister Kelly's going to lose his law license or a huge judgment against him under the FDCPA by sending out one hundred or ninety nine bogus bills, right, So I do intend to clue him into this on Friday, and I do want to talk to this guy about his business. I've never heard of an attorney who does you think.
Speaker 8: Try to call the actual towing company or not towing company, the parking lot company at.
Speaker 4: One forty eight steal or something like that, know what it is, because I don't think that, No, because I don't think they have much to do with this. Uh, it's a parking lot located one fifty eight steel streams something like that.
Speaker 7: He said, stand now, well it stands well, wait a minute, wait a minute, you just said something.
Speaker 8: I want to clarify. These invoices. Are they from this attorney's collection firm or are they literally getting generated by the parking people?
Speaker 4: They appear to be generated by. Well, two entities appear on these invoices. One of them is parking revenue recovery services.
Speaker 7: Who do they want to checkmate to.
Speaker 4: Parking revenue recovery services? So that's the problem right there. Sure slash creditor, so you generally pay a debt to the creditor. But mister Kelly's name and contact information also appears on these invoices. This is absurd, and so I do want to talk to him. Well, I want to talk to a conversation. But this guy you're saying, they're billing him right now. You talked to him yesterday and they've already built him three times today again. Yeah, I talked to the consumer. I talked to Steve yesterday, the lawyer. Mister Kelly and I exchanged emails. There no answer is when was that though?
Speaker 7: Yesterday?
Speaker 4: I sent him an email yesterday He responded either last night or this morning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he hasn't done anything.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't tell him about what case I'm actually calling about because I didn't want this account to get cleaned up overnight before I got a chance to log in. I got you and confirm the callers.
Speaker 8: I want to know more about this company because I know I've heard about them in the past. This is ridiculous. I mean, it's absolutely ridiculous. I don't know if it's a shakedown. It sounds like a mistake. It's hilarious, all right, folks, we got a lot of cooking. Three oh three seven one three A two five five three oh three. Martino, you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come run in just as fast as we can. Show Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 6: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, welcome.
Speaker 7: My friends to the only show.
Speaker 8: If it's kind of here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. You've been ripped off, maybe a bad contractor you know, for for any matter, it doesn't even matter what it is. A bad denis, a bad actor, a bad chiropractor. There's one we haven't got a call on in a long time. As chiropractors. There was a period of time pre COVID deals, guys would sell everything. We would have chiropractors selling stem cells, dead stem cells, it did nothing. We would have chiropractors selling red light therapy. Now, granted, there might be something to red light therapy, but you could buy the exact same thing on Amazon for like thirty nine dollars and they were selling it for thousands of dollars. You name it, we have dealt with it. We have recouped over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges refunds directly due to the show. We have two lines open three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Frank Durand the real estate man joins us. Stephanie Thomas, the real estate woman joins us. We've got Deputy Dmitri Suzanne. Stephanie's over there, laughing.
Speaker 7: You didn't like that.
Speaker 8: He's if he's Frank Durand the real estate man. You're what rhymes with Stephanie Thomas.
Speaker 7: Help me.
Speaker 9: Stephanie Thomas always keeps her promise, all right?
Speaker 7: I love Stephanie Thomas always keeps her promise.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 8: And then we've got jiny dollar Deputy Dimitri Suzanne answering the phone, Shannon running the board. It's a good day to get help. Three zero three Martino. Now we were talking about a case. We're going to go back to Danny on this renewal by Anderson. But Danny, I have we have a what Suzanne, what's going on with that? We have Nick Revin and then you're gonna try Shamansky.
Speaker 13: Well, I haven't heard back from Nick, so I already have a message into Shamansky. He usually gets back to me here pretty quick.
Speaker 8: He's fast, and then if not, K and H. But i'd want a window person.
Speaker 13: Did you see the pictures?
Speaker 8: I can't understand these. In fact, I'll ask Danny real quick. And then I got to go back to this parking ticket thing. People aren't gonna believe this one. But hey, Danny, really quick while I'm getting my window expert up. I looked at these pictures and if people go to our YouTube, I'm gonna try to get them up during break. I don't understand what's wrong, Like the one where the scissors are there. Why are the scissors in between the screen in the wood, Why is that?
Speaker 11: Well that was just I have.
Speaker 2: Many problems, but that just shows that bugs are in my house now because the screens have a three million meter gap that you can fit scissors in.
Speaker 8: But wite a minute, the screen hold on though the screens on the inside, So how would the bugs get through the glass?
Speaker 2: You've got to open the window in the summertime?
Speaker 7: Do you have bugs everywhere?
Speaker 2: I live in the country, Yeah, have cows, yeah.
Speaker 4: So, but you do have bugs.
Speaker 8: Listen, I'm not it's not a judging thing. I'm just asking you. Do you see bugs everywhere.
Speaker 2: In my house? Not now it's wintertime, but in the summertime when we open the windows at night.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, I'm glad you said that. I'm glad you actually said the winter time part. Honest to god, I was thinking you were crazy just for a second, no offense. I have gone out. I have gone out to people's homes that have told me they've been infested, and they're spotless. You couldn't believe it. They're pointing at carpet fibers saying they're actually bugs. So I wanted to make sure we're not diving into and sand.
Speaker 13: What kind of bugs, Danny? I mean, we live in the country too, and are the only bugs I see come in the house or the flies, And let me tell you why I suck. Our windows are solid.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't even know how the flies get in.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's always a real pisser.
Speaker 8: But what I'm looking for in these pictures to get back to that is I don't see where this mold is on these What am I looking at?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 2: So if you look at the I can only send one picture basically at a time. Okay, going very well. But if you look at the white, you see the little white dots on the wood, and you can see the moisture at the bottom of the glass. That was this morning, that was just a little bit ago.
Speaker 4: Which of the photos the one with the scissors or the one.
Speaker 7: Or the other one or both.
Speaker 2: The scissors were just showing that the screen. And I shouldn't have sent that because I couldn't get anything else to send.
Speaker 7: That's fine to me.
Speaker 2: We don't have air conditioning here. I have a I have a passive solar house, but we don't have air conditioning. And in the summertime we have the windows open and we have I still, I.
Speaker 8: Still am not understanding looking at the picture without the scissors where the mold is.
Speaker 2: You can't see the bottom of the glass that's got the water droplets all over.
Speaker 7: It is that on the outside inside, that's on the inside, So that is literally on the inside in between that panel and the screen.
Speaker 2: There's no screen in the one that shows them the mold. Did you get that one?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 13: No, no, we all know we didn't get hold on.
Speaker 8: Make sure Suzanne gets that, because the one I'm looking at there's definitely a screen on there, not the one with scissors, but the other one without scissors. I mean, the screen is on there, and I just I mean, Dimitri, do you see the water?
Speaker 7: I simply don't see now.
Speaker 4: The camera her camera unfortunately focused on the screen itself, so everything else is fuzzy.
Speaker 8: So we had this Dimitri was working on one. We had a guy called yesterday. What's the name of the collection agency, the parking.
Speaker 4: Clarking Revenue Recovery Associates.
Speaker 8: Parking Revenue Recovery Associates. This guy parked at this one parking lot one time.
Speaker 4: Services, excuse me, Parking Revenue Recovery Services, Inc.
Speaker 7: So the what was the caller's name? Yesterday?
Speaker 4: Steve.
Speaker 8: Steve called up yesterday and it was hard for any of us to believe, but the bottom line was this, he did park there one time, yep, in August, and he didn't pay.
Speaker 7: He didn't pay, and he got a bill for how much?
Speaker 4: Ninety two dollars, So.
Speaker 7: Ninety two bucks.
Speaker 8: But ever since then in August he has received how many new bills? Not reminder bills, but new invoices?
Speaker 4: Well, based on what I just observed in his online account, they are a nice even number of one hundred.
Speaker 8: And three of them were today, three of them so far today, And according to him, he's only parked there one time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and these invoices that I clicked on, they're data different days and times, but they used the same two photographs of his vehicle entering and exiting as the August in voice. Now, Steve told me something kind of interesting. He actually called the collection agency and said, hey, this can't be right, and the lady he spoke with said, no, no, it's ninety two hundred dollars. But you know, Artoyo will give you a courtesy discount of two thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: So they wanted seven grand.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 7: I just can't even believe this stuff's real.
Speaker 9: I really can't.
Speaker 7: But hold on, Dean says Dean, you got the same issue going on.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know exactly what my bill is.
Speaker 8: Now, well tell me what you do know. Did you ever park there, for example, even one time?
Speaker 5: And I think I parked in the same place. It's down on Cherry Creek. I was with a friend and we went to the Cherry Creek grill that offers two hours of free park if you eat there.
Speaker 8: I think we ate there before. Susanne, I know exactly what he's talking about.
Speaker 4: Dean, send us your license plate number and I'm going to look up your account to see how many tickets you got.
Speaker 5: Now, okay, well how do I do that.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna hold on. You're going to give it to Suzanne real quick off the air. Then I'm going to pick back up. Go ahead, Suzanne, grab that, and then Susie. We've got a lot of info on home title lock. But I've got to tell you something, Dimitri. You know this is my opinion. But from what I'm hearing right now, if they really said to the caller from yesterday, they're gonna go ahead and give them a two thousand dollars discount off of ten grand, roughly, they're a bunch of thieves. In my opinion, I can't imagine a million years any justification for parking somewhere once once and then receiving even as of today, three more bills right each for ninety some dollars.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's what it looks like.
Speaker 8: And if you look at his online account, his total isn't ninety three plus fees, it's how much.
Speaker 4: Well, it's hundred dollars plus a convenience fee of five hundred dollars.
Speaker 7: That is absolutely it's over ten grand.
Speaker 4: No, no, it's ninety seven hundred totals.
Speaker 7: So with the convenience face.
Speaker 8: Yeah, now, Dean, how much do they claim the last time you look, the last time you talk to them, what did you guys figure out?
Speaker 5: Well, they sent me a picture of my truck that I just gave Susan the license plate for game, and as John Kelly, he sent me one of these ferocious demand letters, the same attorney, John Kelly.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 5: And I had emailed something back and said, you know, I'll give you like fifty bucks and we'll call it good. And they said, no, no, no, no, we'll settle for seventy five or something like that. Okay, and so and by that screw you know, so nothing's happened, and now I start getting all these letters demand from a collection agency called Valor Intelligent Process.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm familiar with them too.
Speaker 7: And how much are they trying to get from you?
Speaker 5: Well, they sent me a text and so I don't know how many texts they've sent me.
Speaker 7: So his is different though you can't look it up on that one.
Speaker 4: No, I looked it up. I've had Jean's account right in front of me.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, how much? But that's not Valor? Hold on, hold on, Dean?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 7: Isn't that separate? Or is Valor the same people?
Speaker 4: Valor is a different company. Valor Intelligence Solutions is a big nationwide collection agency who, according to the texts that they started sending me last summer, is conducting collection services for parking revenue Recovery service.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, so they're in cahoots in other words, Oh yeah, how much is his?
Speaker 4: Dean ows? Well, Dean doesn't seem to have any mistakes in his account. It's a ninety two dollars ticket for parking that back in December twenty first. It's ninety two dollars for the parking ticket and a convenience fee of five dollars.
Speaker 8: All right, that seems reasonable. Honestly, I mean, Dean, it sounds like you owe it. I mean the guy we're talking about, he owes ten dollars.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't notice there's two hours of free parking.
Speaker 7: Is that where we went with Marty Suzanne? Yes?
Speaker 13: Is that in the Cherry Creek Mall?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: What was the name of the restaurant, Dean?
Speaker 5: Was a Cherry Creek Grille.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So literally we did the same thing, Dean said.
Speaker 8: We met Marty there and I parked and it was two hours free right there, kind of in that mall area. I know exactly what you're talking about, Dean, but I never got billed. I think we had to do something though. In other words, this is like five years ago. I don't remember if we got it validated or what we had to do. How did you do it, Dean?
Speaker 5: Well, if you park in the right spot, you're supposed to just get two hours of free park Yeah.
Speaker 8: But how would they possibly know, Dean, if it was only two hours? That's what I'm asking you.
Speaker 4: I can shed some light on this, Dean.
Speaker 5: Mark, I don't know how they would. I can help you with that, but I think everybody that goes in there gets a teck.
Speaker 4: Hold on Dmitrios Dean on December twenty first, you pulled into that parking lot at six oh one pm.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 4: You pulled out at nine oh four pm. Oh so you were there three hours per Now it could be that you were in the wrong parking lot.
Speaker 8: Too, or it could be that the time was wrong, but most likely that's not going to be.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't put it.
Speaker 8: This is the same company set one hundred different tickets. I wouldn't put it past. And Dean, how long ago was this?
Speaker 4: When was that December twenty first, right, Dean?
Speaker 7: So last year?
Speaker 4: Barely like a couple of months ago.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now, while I've got you, there's a nut. There's a person and you might write this down. Her name is Eric Aaron E. R I N. Murphy. She got a ticket there and she was on Channel seven complaining about it, and she went to the same.
Speaker 7: Restaurant, same issue. Huh, the same issue, same issue.
Speaker 5: Man, She went to the TV station and and same thing. It's well anyway, but back.
Speaker 7: To what was the news when they did run it on TV? What was it? What were they saying about it?
Speaker 5: Well, she said that she had two hours of free parking and she got the ninety two dollars ticket.
Speaker 7: That's crazy. What is the timing is wrong? Guys?
Speaker 8: Hold on, hold on, I gotta take this break, hold on, do with it what you may, Susanne h three oh three seven to one three eight two five five one line open, three oh three, Martino, Hold tight, all right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five one line open, three oh three, Martino. We've got a few different things cooking right now. Dean had that same issue with that parking ticket. But the one that's driving me crazy is a caller. Dimitrio is working on over ten grand. But and then then Dean started saying, Hey, there's other people that have gone through the same issue. So I'm going to put the word out there right now if this if you have been involved in this and have gotten a ticket from these people, and I'd ask Dmitri the exact name on there. I think one of them was Valor. Does anybody remember the other one? I got to start putting this stuff up on the screen, But uh yeah, I don't want to say the name wrong case there's something similar like that. But we'll get that out there throughout the show a few more times, but email us at help It troubleshooter dot com because I know these guys got in trouble for bad collection practices or something like that. I don't exactly recall what it was, but I read quite a few articles. Hey Dmitri, I need to know that name again. I want to start telling people to reach out to help at troubleshooter dot com if they've gotten tickets by these guys, and especially if they have like what your guy does a ten thousand dollars bill for parking there once it's unconscionable.
Speaker 4: Well, it certainly is unconscionable. And these tickets are coming from Parking Revenue Recovery Services of Aurora, but also Valor Intelligence Solutions is involved in this in some cases, as they were in mind, they're both doing collections for the basicy tickets. So Valor told me that they're actually a bill collector who's working on behalf of Parking Revenue Recovery Services. We got also bill collectors.
Speaker 8: So basically, if I have this right to the best of my guests, you have your owner who owns the lot, then you have someone that actually maintains the lot in bills people for parking.
Speaker 7: That could be through a gate. That could be his own employees.
Speaker 8: If it's a guy who owns it, that could be the owner actually hiring an outside company to put in the computers where he entered the license plate. You have someone that manages the lot, so you have the owner, then the managing of the lot, and then on top of that you have a collection company which is which is well, there are two.
Speaker 9: There's the first one.
Speaker 4: First one is Parking Revenue Recovery Service Area.
Speaker 8: Those guys right there send out the first bill and it sounds like if they can't get it paid, they turned it over to Valor.
Speaker 4: Valor Intelligence Solutions, which is a national company. And also this attorney from Centennial is involved in this in some cases. And that's Daniel B. Kelly's law office over there in South Quebec.
Speaker 8: And he's the one that apparently is I'm on Friday. Yeah you think it'll actually come on? Uh you've been doing this a.
Speaker 4: Little yeah, you know, hopefully he's not listening today. Well here, but but honestly, I do not intend to try to nail him to the wall for anything. I think it would be super fun.
Speaker 8: Please conversation Suzanne. You called yesterday to try to get Kelly on, didn't you, Dan, Kelly. Yes, she sat on hold for like ten minutes or whatever. No one answers, right, I mean, it's just straight up nobody.
Speaker 4: Well, he sent me his cell number, and even though he won't be in the office on Friday, he said that he'll be happy to talk to us if we call his cell number.
Speaker 7: So and he knows who we are.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I explained that it's very great to Kelly.
Speaker 8: I just can't believe it that one, Dean. You got anything else to add?
Speaker 5: Man, This is if you're going to get the lawyer involved. I didn't get finished with some of the stuff.
Speaker 7: Oh got go go go quick.
Speaker 5: All right. There's a couple of things. One the uh that walk and there was there was a there was a zoning change in that area, okay, And at one time that lot went with the parking was involved with those businesses down there. And you said you've eaten at that restaurant. Yep, Well there was a zoning change for that lot because they want to make that lot kind of a standalone business by itself instead of being incorporated with those businesses.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but keep going, man, Okay.
Speaker 5: Well, this is where this really takes a left hand turn to do that. For that zoning change, now that lot has to have a Denver business license.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, but man, we are really getting into the weed chair. So you're saying they didn't have the right to give you the ticket.
Speaker 5: That's correct, they didn't have a Denver business license.
Speaker 7: I'd like to where did you read that? I mean, where did you have.
Speaker 5: That after I got after I got this ticket. I do a lot of homework on this stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but where can I read it? I find that hard to believe.
Speaker 5: Because I had got that stuff and emails with the Denver Licensing Division down there, and they do not.
Speaker 8: So when you bring up that excuse for not paying it, let's just call it what it is. What what do they say? Do they say pound sand or they don't even talk to you?
Speaker 5: They don't even talk.
Speaker 9: So where did did.
Speaker 7: This attorney Kelly get involved in your case?
Speaker 5: Well that's something that Dimitri can talk to him about. I told you earlier that he sent me one of these payer die letters.
Speaker 8: You know what, hold on, hold on, I like this, Dean, So Kelly did reach out to him, this attorney, So do me a favor, Dean, give your information to Suzanne. She's going to email it to Dimitri. Let's pull up his info you already have as his thing there.
Speaker 4: That's correct. I got to stick it here.
Speaker 7: Think of what he's saying.
Speaker 8: He's saying that because they didn't have a Denver business license, they're not allowed to charge for parking. And let me just I want to just double check, Dean, that's basically what you're saying, right.
Speaker 5: That's correct. They may have one now, yeah.
Speaker 8: They might have one now, But what he's saying is at that period of time they did something with that parking lot. It changed hands, but there wasn't a Denver business I don't know how if you verify that's even correct, but maybe that attorney would know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd like to verify that. So Dean, whatever information you have to support that position, please email it over to us.
Speaker 8: Yeah, get that. Suzanne's got that hand. We're gonna have a line open three O three seven to one three A two five five now, Danny, I promise we're still trying to get that on. I got new pictures I'll look at during the break, and Susie, you're gonna be up next with home title, lock hold tight, all right? Three oh three seven one three A two five five. The more I read about those, the more I love.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: You realize they have found social Security checks now going out to people that are one hundred and fifty years old. Now, I'm not a doctor, but I've never seen someone that's one hundred and fifty years old.
Speaker 7: I guess it's possible.
Speaker 8: I guess you know, Dot comes in occasionally, but he ain't one hundred and fifty. I mean, this is crazy. Imagine that how many of those could possibly be going out. But there's some people out there. I'm not going to name names, but there's some people out there that don't want to cut all.
Speaker 7: Of this fat.
Speaker 8: And that's not even fat. I don't even know what you call that. That's outright ripping off the taxpayer. That's what that is. Now, Danny, real quick, and Susie, I'm going to you, But Danny, listen, I have got to get an.
Speaker 7: Expert on I saw that picture.
Speaker 8: That is bad. Now, I understand what you're talking about. I have got to get that over to one of our experts. And I'm hoping to talk one of our window people in going out to your house if necessary, it might not even be necessary. Then we're going to step up the heat on Renewal by Anderson. I assume you bought these and got him installed by Renewal by Anderson.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 7: How much did you pay for the bedroom windows?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: They're not cheap windows, is my point? How much?
Speaker 2: No, the total was supposed to be twenty two thousand, which is another problem. They called me back and said, oh, we found out that those have to be all tempered because they're too close to the ground.
Speaker 8: Wait a minute, so you you made me a little nervous on something. Have you paid for these windows?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 8: No, you said they got paid. You're making the finance payments, right right? Yeah, okay, but you have been. It really doesn't matter. You know, for a fact, Renewal got paid the full amount, right, yes, yeah, okay, hold on, I mean it's up to you, actually, Suzanne, let's get her information soon as we get a window expert. I promised Danny it will be today, hopefully next hour. But there's three different people I want involved in this, not all three of them, but one of the three. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We're gonna have two lines open give us something to sink our teeth in. I've got two deputies sitting here right now chopping it the bit. Dmitri looks like a bulldog ready to go after a bone.
Speaker 9: Susie.
Speaker 7: What's going on with you?
Speaker 4: Oh here?
Speaker 14: Mark?
Speaker 15: Oh my gosh. I have to say, first of all, I love you. You remind me and my dad because you're always sensible, Susie.
Speaker 8: I appreciate that, but I might have a problem with dad. How old is your dad?
Speaker 15: Oh, well, we won't go into that. Oh he's a little well, he has years of wisdom.
Speaker 11: Let's put it that way.
Speaker 9: Okay, He's like Tom.
Speaker 7: I got you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly, Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 15: Well, I'm wondering about these scary title home title law commercials that say any criminal can get our home and make mortgages on him and all that stuff. I was wondering if that's a thing or is that a scount?
Speaker 8: You know, we take this a call. We take this call all the time, Susie. And you know, the one thing I don't think I've ever done, Susanne, see if we can get Brad O'Brien up. I want to ask our real estate attorney that here's how I typically answer your question, I would never buy it. I'm not going to call it a scam. They do monitor your address for a change.
Speaker 9: They do do that.
Speaker 8: I don't think it's a big problem, but I'm not saying it's never happened. But I would never pay for that service. The other thing is a lot of counties will tell you if something is changing with your deed because they have your contact information. You might get it through an email, if they have an email or a phone, or if they have it someway. They might have it. But if someone was to actually file, say a quick claim on a property, let's walk down this with Frank Durant and Stephanie Thomas. You guys go to closing on homes all the time, so I buy go ahead, Susie.
Speaker 15: Well, I'm sorry, I'm scared of mail, email and everything else and my husband.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but hold on, hold on, I just want to answer you a question. Is it worth getting? But hold on, I don't want to answer that till I asked these guys a few questions and then our attorney. But Frank, so if I buy a house from Scott.
Speaker 8: And the deeds in his name, and let's say it's a cash transfer, so boom, I give him the cash, It goes to closing, goes to the title company. I wire the money, Scott gets the money, I get the keys, and then we get it.
Speaker 7: We basically get a deed and then.
Speaker 8: The title company actually most of the time goes and files that.
Speaker 9: That's correct.
Speaker 8: So now that they filed it, it changes on the county records. Now whoever bought it, Mark Major now owns that property, So any kind of property taxes will now go to Mark Major.
Speaker 7: Whatever. It all changes right there.
Speaker 8: So what would stop somebody your opinion, We're going to ask our attorney, same with Hugh Stephanie. What would stop somebody from getting a quit claim on Susie's house? And would stop me from getting a quit claim on Susie's house besides my morals and saying, Okay, Susie quit claimed it to me. I have someone that I know will sign off on it, meaning I can get it.
Speaker 7: What's it called notarized?
Speaker 8: So I can get it notarized, and then I go down to Douglas County or whatever county and I file that and say she just quit claimed it to me.
Speaker 9: What would stop that? It's fraud?
Speaker 8: It's illegal. But what would stop it if I had someone in cahoots with me?
Speaker 9: Boy Mark, I don't know, in honest answers, I don't know what specifically could stop that. Really, Okay, I don't see it. I've looked thirty years of doing this. I've never personally seen that happen. I haven't either, But my gosh, I don't know what actually could really stop it, you know.
Speaker 7: And then I'll go a step further. Let's say it did happen.
Speaker 8: Let's say I hoodwink somebody and adam to sign a quit claim or I phone eaed up their name. I mean, one hundred percent bogus, one hundred percent. I go down to the county and I file it. What happens in in other words, does Douglas County all of a sudden start sending letters to me but with my name on it to that address? In other words, how would I find out? Because that's what these home title lot of companies do. They say they're going to notify you, which is fine, So they notify you. My argument is you probably already would get notified. But once again we're going to ask Brad O'Brien. Sure, but what if I do find out what happens in and what I mean by that is this, Okay, I find out, So I go down to the county and say, hey, I never quit claim this.
Speaker 7: That's not my signature. I didn't do this.
Speaker 9: Then what happens, Well, I think, honestly, Mark, I think from there you call an attorney because you do hear about stuff like this every.
Speaker 7: Now and then you hear about it on TV.
Speaker 9: Sure, sure that's true, you hear about it late night commercial is true. But but truthfully, I think if it got that intense, I would immediately call an attorney right right off the back.
Speaker 8: See, I wonder if it doesn't come from a valid title company, if Douglas County looks at it different than someone filing a quick claim, meaning what's a big title.
Speaker 10: Company like Title Fidelity.
Speaker 8: So those guys literally do the title work for you, right, I mean, that's why you're hiring them.
Speaker 10: Yes, But let me let me say this. So, if you're going through a title company, though, there are a few checks and balances that are put in place. For instance, I have a vacant land transaction right now, and they're notifying my client who is the seller, via mail, and then they're also getting driver's license verification that yes, they are indeed selling their property. But talking to my closer, she told me just in the last couple of months they've caught four cases of fraud, you know, someone trying to sell land that didn't belong to that.
Speaker 9: Now, now this is so that's there.
Speaker 8: But that's exactly where I'm going though, Stephanie. So this company home Title lot just to use them, because that was Susie's question. It wouldn't even be needed there if you did that.
Speaker 10: If we're right, they'll stop it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So how do you think it works outside of property or you just don't know?
Speaker 10: Well what I was going to say, you know, as far as residential real estate though, they require via a title company that verification as well in the West.
Speaker 8: Okay, Hey, Susie, I know you're still up. Brad O'Brien's going to be available at one thirty. I'm going to have Suzanne call you back and get you back up when we have here an our attorney okay, and mark for.
Speaker 9: What it's worth.
Speaker 15: That's great, thank you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hold on and we'll get you back up. And the other thing though, I'm going to instruct these two to do during the break I have to take right now, if you guys could reach out Stephanie, Frank, reach out to someone you know inside of a title company and ask them the question like how does it work? Do you guys actually contact the seller, the person that's on the deed, ask them how it works right now, because you know what, we always answer these kind of questions about these companies like I just did. But let's find out the real facts. I would love to dig into this through the title company and through an attorney and we'll find out the real answer. Three oh three seven one three talk all right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We got two more hours to go. We got a lot cooking. We're going to get that attorney on to talk about the title lock stuff. But Frank, you reached out and talked to a title company and you found out some really cool information.
Speaker 7: Go ahead.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, I talked to one of my repsit Land Title and what she had told me as they ran into this before. And you can actually mark file a list pendance against your own property.
Speaker 7: Which means litigation pending right exactly.
Speaker 9: So that means when it goes for sale, the title company now has to go back to you to ask you about this before they actually sell it to the so called buyer that the supposed.
Speaker 7: Now, how would that work with a quick claim?
Speaker 8: So Douglas County and an example would have to reach out to you before they filed a quit claim.
Speaker 9: Yeah, title would check into this first. But I'll tell you too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I'm saying, say there's no title company.
Speaker 9: Well, if there's no title company, yeah, I'd have to say that the county'd have to reach out to you.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 8: But that's what I that's what I'm curious about. So if if someone puts there's a lawsuit pending on their file for the deed, I get that with the title company because the title company is the insurance. I mean, they're basically going to say, hey, there is no way we're going to back this. There's pending litigation. So they would have to reach out to the owner. They'd have to do everything. Plus, when you sit down, like Stephanie was saying, you know, anytime I've closed, it doesn't matter if it's a cash deal, commercial deal. You know, it's driver's license. Ye, they know who the hell's in the room. Sure, I mean that's the bottom line. They even during even during COVID, they knew what was going on.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So I just asked my title up if she was aware of any type of county outreach you know when they get quick claims anything like that to verify, and she said she's not.
Speaker 8: See that's why we've got to talk to Brad O'Brien because I don't worry about the title companies messing up because they don't have a reason to mess up. In fact, they have a reason to be perfect because they're on the hook.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 8: How many times have you seen a title company either of you? And we're going a little off subject, but I really thought about this. We get a lot of calls. We're dealing with one where the title company, in my opinion, really screwed up, and I think the guy is going to get real damages and the insurance, their one insurance, is going to have to kick in. But how many times have you had a client that actually goes back and gets paid something from a title policy? Oh yeah, and give me an idea of what Frank.
Speaker 9: Well, I'll tell you. Years ago there was a situation where the title company had mistakenly it was a duplex. Will you remember this? And What happened is we asked them, is this legally split, party wall whatever? Well they said, yes, it's legally split, and it was sold as one and they were sold both they and they fest up? Do they say? They literally?
Speaker 8: I kind of remember it. But so there was Was it a duplex to begin with?
Speaker 9: It was the duplex, but it was different people exactly, But well it was one owner. His son was renting the other side. He was trying to sell the other half.
Speaker 7: But when they built it and someone moved in, it was one home.
Speaker 9: It's right, it was not legally split. Title initially said, because that's the first thing we check, is it legally split? Sellers said it was legally split. Well, it turned out it was not legally split.
Speaker 7: After the close, after.
Speaker 9: The so title says, okay, are bad, we messed up.
Speaker 8: Wait a minute, though, So really the guy that bought it, it didn't matter what side he bought, he owned the entire unit.
Speaker 9: He owned the entire unit. Now, holy crap, Mark, I would tell you under normal circumstances, normal circumstances.
Speaker 7: Yes, someone would get it split. Yeah, but what what happened in this one?
Speaker 9: Well, most buyers would say, okay, well we see you made a mistake. Fix it, and it was an easy fix. What say this particular buyer wanted to they they wanted they went for blood. They said, final, whole line, whole.
Speaker 7: Line, freak. I got. We'll recap that after this break.
Speaker 8: I'm i and to know ultimately what happened in that that is from that's like seven eight years.
Speaker 9: Ago, that's more like ten years an years.
Speaker 8: I can't wait till you can remind me what happened. All right, folks, we got some lines open, get the calls in now. I'm dying to talk to you. Three oh three Martino, three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped off bad news. You need advice so you don't have to.
Speaker 5: Come running.
Speaker 2: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Show Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 6: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 7: My friends to the only show off It's kind.
Speaker 8: We're here to South BROBMS, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little bit better. Over three hundred million dollars over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise, exchanges, refund services directly due to the show. I'd argue it's a lot more. That's only what we know about. Just listening to the show can save you a lot of money. Bottom line is we've got a list of people at referral lists dot com that help us out all the time. Great contractors, great attorneys, great people in general. We have Deputy d next to me. We have Deputy Scott. I always say Deputy Scott, but we call him Deputy Dollar. Across rumming we have Stephanie Thomas real estate Extraordinaries. She's a realtor. And then of course Frank Dran, the real estate man. We've been talking real estate, any real estate questions you have, and we're going to dive a little deeper into real estate, but especially the markets around here. How are we looking interest rates? Stuff that we have to deal with every day. You know, people don't sell home sometimes because they don't want to have a new mortgage that's six seven, eight percent. They want to stick there. But yet maybe they're maybe they're planning on having kids, maybe they're already pregnant, and bam, bam, they eat a bigger house. I mean, things happen. So we'll talk a little bit about the market. But I wanted to finish up on a story Frank was talking about. Then we're going to go to an update on the parking ticket dilemma.
Speaker 7: Steve the caller.
Speaker 8: There was a company out there charging him ten roughly ten thousand dollars ninety seven hundred dollars for one day parking in Cherry Creek? Was it Cherry Creek or Davis in Cherry Creek? And we've got him on the phone.
Speaker 4: And we got an update, and I'll give you an update too.
Speaker 8: It's going to be absolutely insane. I don't even know what it is. I don't know if it's good, bad, or and different. We were talking about the attorney, we were talking about the collection agencies. We were talking about how outrageous the whole thing was. But Frank, years ago, we were talking about a title company. This all started. Someone called him and said, should I buy title Locke, I'm afraid someone's going to steal my house. So we're gonna have an attorney on next hour and we're going to really dive into that. We found out a lot if you go through a title company, you've got nothing to worry about. And most of the time, let's be real, most of the time people when they sell their house, do go through a title company, but this particular one was crazy. Frank was representing the seller of a duplex. But when the duplex was first built and made, it only had one address, so technically it wasn't a duplex. It was a single family home. His client lived in one side, rented the other out to the sun. They were going to sell one side of it. They found a buyer, Frank found a buyer, and they sold it. They went through a title company. They came to find out that they literally sold the whole damn thing. In other words, they thought they sold only one half of the duplex, but technically and honestly, arguably legally, they sold the whole damn thing. Yeah, And and the buyer was not being the kindest person ever, because really, you would have some attorney's fees, somebody like Bradley O'Brien would go in and split it and do everything right. You'd probably pay five to six grand whatever to get it all done. But the person you had.
Speaker 7: To deal with, he wanted everything. It sounds like, Yeah would have him.
Speaker 9: And to put it into perspective, before we even listed the property titles, the title company we were using clarified. Yes, it's legally split.
Speaker 7: And so these are questions you guys am asking us, my gosh, and you go through all this every day.
Speaker 9: So and I don't remember exactly how it's either wasn't done correctly or whatever the issue ended up being. And it turned out when they sold it they sold it as one. So we went back to titles as well. Wait a minute, there's our chain of emails. You guys said it was split.
Speaker 8: So in the emails, to be clear, for one, they only inspected one side, right, that's true. It was clear by all the correspondence back and forth that these people thought they were only buying half.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, because even their inspection was for the half. The pictures of the dad got you, oh my gosh. So so what happened? His title said, oops, no problem. They got everybody on a conference call says, look it's it's like a two thousand dollars fix. We'll fix this right now, and thought that was going to solve it. But then the buyer felt like, well no, so the.
Speaker 7: Title was going to pay for it to get fixed.
Speaker 9: It was a mixed I think in a couple of weeks. Easy fix.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 9: This the particular buyer here felt that that wasn't good enough and wanted to press for a lot more. And so ultimately this went to mediation. Ultimately, Title did cove up quite a bit of money to like fifty grand. It was I can't say the amount, but I'll say this mark it got solved. It was a lot more than two thousand though.
Speaker 7: Company took it.
Speaker 8: They took it, but they owned up to it and took care of it. Now, as a realtor, let me ask you guys this. Yeah, I'm curious about this. There was titled insurance.
Speaker 7: I get it.
Speaker 8: They ended up paying out right, but you guys have to carry oh and e we do?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yeah, which what is that go ahead?
Speaker 8: So the missions insurance, you know, airs and emissions insurance. So could the client would have they could have come after you as well? Or does the title policy actually protect the realtor.
Speaker 9: Typically what happens is they go after everybody. The person with you, so you were named, Oh yeah, everybody is. The other agent was too, Yeah.
Speaker 8: So everybody but the guy was he was just throwing on the wall to.
Speaker 9: See what would stick. Yeah, and and so I and I always told you know, it's.
Speaker 8: Why did the title company end up paying no and not for example your email.
Speaker 9: Everybody's he you know how to kick it, but the title had to pay a pretty good amount of that majority.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 8: How it's kind of funny thinking about that because you guys would rely and you told me something during the break that was interesting. So now whenever it's a duplex, because you learned a lesson like anybody. Yeah sure, So now that it's a duplex, what do you actually do? You said you ripple check, oh Title company.
Speaker 9: And on top of that, what we do is and this is I mean, I believe I've tied to my attorneys on this, what we also do is make sure not only that, see it's not just the legal description, because we had the legal description, everything matched out. It's the problem is it wasn't split. So we even put on there specifically this is one half all parties should consult an attorney just to be sure, because I was also told even though if they say it's split, it may not have been split correctly too. That's what an attorney's for. So that's why. And when you guys talk about in this case, Bradley O'Brien, who I think is a great guy, a great attorney. There's a good reason for that. I think those are things that they can do, and it probably doesn't cost much to do it. But just run it by an attorney. So that's what we tell our sellers. You should run this even if you think it's been legally split. Even if title says it's been legally split. Still run it by. Let's make sure it's been legally split split correctly too.
Speaker 7: So now you guys do all that. Oh yeah, man.
Speaker 8: That's crazy because you would think, hey, we're buying a title policy insurance. These guys it's their responsibility, right, I mean, and honestly, that's what the title company's for is to look into all this. But when something like that happens and you end up having to, you know, cough up some dough through your insurance, that's kind of nuts.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 7: I don't understand why they hate yours.
Speaker 9: Everybody will get named. I get that.
Speaker 7: It's like any lawsuit.
Speaker 9: Anybody gets that's right. But ultimately, and thank god, it worked out everything.
Speaker 8: Another time, Just to think of another time, title insurances that you can think of as actually paid something because I think maybe one percent, half a percent. I mean, I'm telling you it's one of those things that I think is never used. I'd say car insurances use more mark in thirty years.
Speaker 9: That's the only time. I can tell you, the only time in thirty years that I've ever seen it. Specially have you.
Speaker 10: In fourteen years, I've never seen it.
Speaker 7: Fourteen years, you.
Speaker 9: Got fifteen more or sixty more to go, and then you'll see it.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 9: Think about these title companies.
Speaker 8: They sick back and make the big bucks and they almost never pay out.
Speaker 9: To give you an idea, how.
Speaker 8: Many homes have you sold total? Yeah, you have a running cazily.
Speaker 9: Over two thousand homes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, two thousand homes, one duplex, one single doomplex.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, is the only is and.
Speaker 9: Mark even then we checked into it before we listed the home on the basis but you know what, Life's what does Tom always say?
Speaker 7: Life said it's own teacher.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Life's his own teacher. And we can always get smarter and sharper and better bad.
Speaker 7: You know, there is no doubt about that.
Speaker 9: And my real estate IQ went up ten thousand percent over that one. Man, I'm telling you.
Speaker 8: It's a great That was a great conversation for young realtors out there.
Speaker 7: Honestly, yeah. I mean think about how crazy that is.
Speaker 8: And if someone doesn't want to use a title company because it's a cash deal and you're the broker at either end, you better watch your ass because then the only person they'd have to go after is you and your insurance, right right right? I mean that would be nuts. Would you ever do a deal without title insurance?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 9: I would not you.
Speaker 7: I don't read, Stephanie, No, everything through the title call. All right, listen, we're.
Speaker 8: Gonna do the update on this parking ticket, the ten thousand dollars parking ticket with what was the company's name, trying to collect.
Speaker 4: H parking your revenue recovery. And Steve the consumer is on the line waiting to give us an update.
Speaker 7: I can't wait for it. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 13: Also, I have the window expert coming on. He's looked at pictures along with the caller. You two beast have seen the pictures. They don't like what they're seeing.
Speaker 8: I can't wait for that window. We'll get her back on. Listen, everybody, we're gonna have two lines open, three oh three. Martino. You need to get help. You need to get your money back from some bad contract or anything going on. This My friend is a show for you. Three oh three Martino call us now, everybody hold tight. We've got that update coming. We've got two update comings. We've got Nick Ravina is going to come on, all right folk three all three seven one three eight two five five drum roll? What is the update? So I got to recap it real quick. Guy gets a guy parks. What was it October?
Speaker 7: Dmitri?
Speaker 4: You know Steve called and sold us yesterday that he parked in August in a parking lot in Cherry Creek.
Speaker 8: Hold on, Steve, Steve, so you parked in August in Cherry Creek one time?
Speaker 5: You admit that, right, Well, there's.
Speaker 14: Been a little turn of events go on here since Demitrius put his detective hat on. I sent him all the information and he looked at all the photos and he noticed that some of the photos had snow and some have rain. And here's what happened. When I was driving my I've been parking here for twenty three years. Three years ago, it was taken over by Las Parking Lot company, and we had to turn our license plates in so that we because we're grandfathered in.
Speaker 7: So you worked then you work around there work.
Speaker 14: I work right here.
Speaker 7: Got it.
Speaker 14: And so when I got my new Tacoma this about eight months ago, a new license plate was put on my plate on my on my truck. Got it and it wasn't registered with them. And I just called up mister Herbert, which is the owner of last parking lot. He was very nice. He says he's going to wipe all of them off. And because you got to do a skew, you got to take a picture of the skew to park back there. And I don't have to because grandfather to.
Speaker 8: Okay, but hold on, Steve, hold on. This outcome is unbelievable. But I want people to understand why you have been getting in your mailbox over one hundred or one hundred on the nose collection notices to the tune of ninety seven hundred dollars for this parking right.
Speaker 14: Well, it's it's more like about it's more like about eleven hundred now, but it's all going to be wiped off because even thousand, Yeah, everything's going to be taken off off now because.
Speaker 7: How did you get the owner's name?
Speaker 14: Because they are the ones that own the parking lot behind the building. They bought it three years ago from dick Landon which owns this whole property here, and last parking lot took it over. They put cameras up there. At that time, I had my other truck with my other plate on it and it was you know, sent over to the last parking lot folks and so, but this new plate wasn't got it, so it was part partly probably my fault too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it is a little bit sure. But what's crazy is when you try to call and contact the collection people, they didn't want to hear anything about it.
Speaker 14: No, they didn't, they didn't. It was it was a lady that was associated to the phone number that they said you could call and make the payment, and when I did that, she wouldn't accept the ninety two. She just said it had to be you know, you know, the full.
Speaker 7: Amount you got to pay thousand.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well at that time it was nine. And then that sent me another seventeen or eighteen. Some of them had like three or four letters set up into one envelope. I think it's all automated.
Speaker 8: Did you always park did you always park in the same spot? Yes, so that's why the pictures look the same.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mark, I do need to provide an on the air correction to something I said when I said that all of these tickets have the same pair of photographs. After I said that, I started to dig a little bit deeper and I examined a dozen of these tickets, and I noticed that Steve's vehicle is in slightly different places within those photographs, but the same spots. Well yeah, but slightly shifted. I know, we're backwards something like that. And I realized that I was wrong, completely wrong, with egg all over my face when I said, those are the same identical photos.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 4: So I dug into a few more dozen of his parking tickets and I saw some of them had snow in the photos. And that's what I called. Steve verified the license plate the description, said Steve, what possible? I said, Steve, I'm going to go over there this afternoon, But what possible explanation do you have? And Steve put on his thinking cap and said, well, you know, maybe it's not from the garage. Maybe it's from the parking lot where I parked for one.
Speaker 8: See what's crazy about though, yesterday, Steve is you did say that you only parked there once, right? Why would you say that if you parked there every day.
Speaker 4: I have an innocent explanation for that.
Speaker 5: I assume.
Speaker 14: I assumed, since I was a grandfathered in over here at this lot, that what must have been from the hailstorm that I ducked into the parking lot across the street.
Speaker 8: Oh, you thought this entire thing was generated from a lot next to this lot that you did park in one time across the street.
Speaker 4: Exactly. I can see why somebody would make that mistake.
Speaker 8: I love puzzles, honest to god. I love the fact we got to the bottom of this.
Speaker 4: I love the fact we got to the bottom of this, but not before I made a complete ass of myself.
Speaker 7: No, not really, you're going off of what he said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I do want to issue a personal apology to parking recovery services.
Speaker 7: For me when we mentioned God knows how many calls we got.
Speaker 4: But in this case, it doesn't appear to be a glitch. In this case, at least, it does appear to be a very long series of legitimate parking violations.
Speaker 8: Well, no, they weren't legit because they wiped them all away. He was grandfathered in.
Speaker 4: It was a mistake. It was a mistake because the new parking the Carter did not have Steve's new license plate number.
Speaker 7: Arguably it is his fault.
Speaker 4: It's I think it's. Yeah, I think it is, which is why I refer to those parking citations as legitimate.
Speaker 8: I am so glad this guy worked out. Man, Steve, can you honestly say you're happy you called?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 14: I'll tell you what. Demetrius is a detective. That guy something that you.
Speaker 8: Should buy him dinner. He likes, he likes and I was trying to think of that.
Speaker 4: I'd go to Cherry Creek, gil Girl, Steve, but I'm afraid of getting a parking ticket.
Speaker 7: What was that cheese we looked up? Do you remember the cheese?
Speaker 4: He likes?
Speaker 13: Maggot cheese. You'll have to call Kevin colkan on ormone.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Kevin told me about maggot cheese. You like weird food. It's weird cheese.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I don't know if you need this cheese, but who knows.
Speaker 8: Hey, Steve, we appreciate it, man. I love when stuff unfolds in a couple of days like that, we get to the bottom of a good battery.
Speaker 7: Different and I mean really, I love it.
Speaker 4: And the story took so many different turns and very unexpected directions.
Speaker 8: Now we've got an expert coming up right after the break. My friend Nick Gravina has looked at the pictures Danny sent in to recap real quick. Danny sent in these pictures and I'm looking at these windows that were bought and installed by Renewal by Anderson, And at first I was like, what are you talking about, Danny. Then she sent a upload the right photos and I got them over to Nick. In my opinion, there is something really messed up. But when Danny had her sales rep from Renewal by Anderson come out like last year, he said, yes, there's something wrong with these windows. It's gonna take about eight weeks, but we're gonna get this all handled under warranty for you. And not a damn thing has been done since. Our expert chimes in next threeho three seven one three eight two five five three zho three Martino, you've been ripped off or taking advantage of?
Speaker 7: I want to hear from you.
Speaker 8: By the way, Compass Insurance Susanna and I use them every single year. They reshop our auto insurance, make sure everything's good, the lowest price, the best coverage. Our homeowners as well maybe you have commercial property, need insurance for they do it. Maybe workmen's comp for your employees, they do it.
Speaker 7: You name it.
Speaker 8: These guys do it comp insurance dot Com. Now Danny called and I saw the pictures, the pictures of the window, and Danny, that's one of the windows in the bedroom. We're talking about how many windows, Danny, Well, that one.
Speaker 2: In the bedroom has three windows in it. Got it considered one window, and then there's one in each bathroom, so two more.
Speaker 7: Are they all doing what I looked at in the one picture.
Speaker 2: They're all doing the exact same thing. I just don't have the service to send you all the pictures.
Speaker 7: That's fine, and I don't mind that at all.
Speaker 8: Now hold on, I'm gonna get my expert up, Nick Gravina Gravina Windows Siding. Hey, Nick, this is kind of nuts. And what I mean by that is you saw the pictures. But we don't get a lot of complaints on these guys. But the salesperson, according to her, and then I'm gonna ask you what you think of the windows. But the salesperson came out when Danny just roughly.
Speaker 2: The guy that told me that they were going to remake the window. Yes, May twenty is twenty twenty four.
Speaker 8: So last year May twentieth. The guy comes out. She's kind of in a remote area. The guy comes out, looks at it and says, oh, yeah, there's a manufacturing problem here. He didn't say installation, right, he said, actually a defect in the window. The glass, right.
Speaker 2: He said, and I quote, I think it's the glass. We might have to remake the windows. It'll be six to eight weeks and.
Speaker 8: Told her six to eight weeks. Now when she calls up, she gets nothing. It's like a ghosted or so. First of all, Nick, thanks for coming on. Is our expert. Heck, you were in studio yesterday. This would have been a great call when you were in studio. But here's here's the bottom line. Looking at the windows, what do you see? What would cause what we're looking at?
Speaker 16: Well, if condensation appears on the inside of the glass, you know, and sits there and has never cleaned off. Yes, you know, water will create mold and spores. So if you have high humidity in the home and you have come down and you okay, and you trap all that. I've seen that happen before, so you know, usually the water stays inside when you have a good seal on the window. So old windows don't condensate like new ones because there's air drafts that, you know, move the air kind of like you're defroster in the mornings. You know, That's how we get that water to dissipate, is the movement of air. So usually the seal's good. If that condensation is kind of appearing on the window, and it's probably just that the water is settling there, and then you know, and it.
Speaker 8: Actually kind of looks like it almost looks like ice, And that's probably simply because of the temperature, right.
Speaker 16: Correct, because you know, I mean we were probably in the negatives and if she's in the outskirts, you know, depending on how cold it is, it is possible.
Speaker 8: So if I'm reading between the lines, you're basically saying, those seals could be fine, the windows could be fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Nice, hold on, let me keep hearing, Nick, keep going neck?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 16: Is that mold or ice?
Speaker 2: There is ice on the windows in the morning inside and there's mold that I clean off. I just haven't cleaned it off today. It happens every day. I do not have a hymn.
Speaker 7: I'm the wood right there.
Speaker 8: Those little white dots you're saying are mold, right, that is mold, and you wipe that off like weekly, all right, keep going.
Speaker 16: Nick, Yeah, And so you know, I think if she cleans that off, and that's definitely definitely strange. Again, We've had similar situations and sometimes the tight seals are what causes that. So in like a science form right now, you know, if it was zero last night, if you had more inside relative humidity more than twenty to twenty five percent, you are going to see moisture on the glass. So if you have thirty percent humidity in your home, got it, with the temperatures we've had, you are going to see that based off scientific charts.
Speaker 8: So I want to I want to go back to this question. What you're saying is this is it's normal. I mean, this could very well be normal.
Speaker 16: I mean with the temperatures, yes, I mean I don't like the mold aspect. If she's cleaning once a week or once a month, I mean, man, that that doesn't seem normal to me as far as the mold. But if it's ice or moisture, yes, I you know, I do think it's the humidity in the home when it gets super cold outside. Even though she might not run a humidistat or a humidifier, she did mention there's ones in the bath on the bath, you have toilet sinks.
Speaker 7: Are they doing the same thing?
Speaker 2: All the windows are doing the same thing, including the sliding glass door. And if you look at the thermal image today.
Speaker 8: Hold on, hold on, Danny, hold on one second, hey, Nick, let me ask you this if what would the next step be. Let's say this is your customer, and you know, you go out and look and you see these pictures first, then go out. I mean, how do you figure out if it's environmental that's normal, or if there's really a problem in the manufacturing process or the installation or something. I mean, where does she go from here?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 16: I mean again, I would explain some scientific things to her that you know, it's just like we're talking about right now, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 16: I had a customer once upon a time called me and it wasn't even my customer was actually a friend of mine. Bought a new house, moved into this house, same thing, all of his windows and doors, I mean completely covered in moisture inside, and he was furious. It was his first day in the house and he called me and I said, do you have a humid a status? No, you know, down the line, we'll come to find the house.
Speaker 7: There was.
Speaker 16: A humid of stat and it was like up to eighty percent, So I mean it was like a sauna in his house. And once he turned that off after a couple of days.
Speaker 5: It was fine.
Speaker 8: So, Danny, one of the things Nick said, you probably just weren't paying perfect attention. But the older windows probably wouldn't have done this. It's the newer windows where you're going to have this issue, Is that correct, Nick?
Speaker 16: Usually it's because the seal is good.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Otherwise, if it's leaking air, the air moves that water away from the glass.
Speaker 8: So the old windows, of course, if they were there for you know whatever, twenty years, the seals were broke, if they were even double pain and they just don't operate the same way, Danny. What I am perplexed on is why the sales guy told you they were going to get new windows for you.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 2: Did you look at that thermal image?
Speaker 5: Nick?
Speaker 7: Did we send you the thermal image?
Speaker 2: I did not go thermal twenty degrees at the door.
Speaker 8: All right, hold on, hold on, hold on, I'm going to put you both. I'm going to put you both on hold. I got to take this break, Suzanne. Send Nick to picture the thermal image picture and then we'll retouch after this.
Speaker 7: Paul the Waterman waterpros dot net.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you this man three thousand, six hundred and ninety five bucks thirty six ninety five whole house conditioner with forever chemical protection. Get rid of those dang forever chemicals. You know, the competition has that system, that softener with the forever chemical protection for over ten thousand dollars. That's installed, by the way, with waterpros dot net thirty six ninety five. We've got one of his systems in our house and we absolutely love it. If it comes to water, the owner Paul gosh Man, he knows everything. He's probably really boring at parties, but when it comes to softening and chemicals in your water and chlorine and get your water right for you and yours that live there and drink that water every day, he knows everything. Check him out at waterpros dot net. Waterpros dot net now three o three seven one three two five five. We're going to finish up with our expert Nick Nick is basically saying, Nick, I'm reading between the lines, and I don't want to beat a dead horse. But it's very possible there's no issue going on with her windows, even though it looks strange to me. I'm just not you know, you know everything about windows, and this has nothing to do with Gravina. This is a totally different company, renewal by Anderson. But you would say that's very possible.
Speaker 7: There is no issue. It's normal, it's science.
Speaker 16: Every one of her windows is doing it. I would probably originally lean towards the interior humidity. Okay, I know she says she's not running it, but just from what I'm getting presented, that's how I would go with this.
Speaker 7: I'm going to ask you something then and then we'll go back to that.
Speaker 8: So when Suzanne and I get up in the morning and it's a cold day, we have huge picture windows, just massive, I mean like some of them are I don't even know feet by five feet, I don't know ten by ten feet whatever. On very cold days or when when we get out of the steam shower, it'll build up humidity. But I want to say this we during the summer, I have a steamer on our furnace, so not only a regular humidifier, but a steamer. And we keep our house during the summer at about forty five. So when our windows fog up on a very cold day and there's condensation and I start questioning whether or not the window seals are broke, we probably have no issue either, because that's normal, right.
Speaker 16: You know, again in science terms, like if it's above twenty degrees, you can have your house like thirty to thirty five percent humidity, and if it's a sixty degree outside, you know you can have even you have even more. So it's a due point, you know, relative to the exterior temperature versus the interior humidity.
Speaker 8: And I'm going to ask you real quick, Hey, I understand you're not liking what he asks to say, and to me it looks weird too. In effect, all of them are doing it. So here's what I'm gonna do, Danny. I'm going to put Deputy Dollar on it. I don't know if there's a problem or not, but Deputy Dollar is going to get the information of your sales rep. And we probably know some people over renewal just from years of doing this consumer show, and we'll contact them because the one thing that is driving me nuts is how they basically said there is a problem unless if he went back and the sales guy got schooled by somebody like Nick. So I am gonna we are going to make a phone call for you, just to make sure, and we'll go from there.
Speaker 2: All right, Danny, Can I say one thing?
Speaker 7: Of course, you can go ahead.
Speaker 2: My old windows are warmer than the new windows according to the thermal camera, So if the old windows seals are bad, they should be colder and letting in cold air.
Speaker 7: I would agree with that. I mean, Nick, any comment on that, Yeah, I.
Speaker 16: Mean if she has you know, a before and after again, it's and I talk about the seal, I talk about how much of the you know, the air infiltration is coming in, not necessarily the efficiency of the overall window. Yeah, those are two different things.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 16: And then I was looking at this other picture, this picture again, the one that supposedly has the mold spores. Yes, And and I zoomed into the crank handle, and that has a bunch of orange like rust looking on it.
Speaker 7: What is that there? Hold on?
Speaker 16: Hold on, hold on, probably.
Speaker 7: All right, sorry about that, Nick, hold on, I'll pick you up during the break hold on.
Speaker 3: You need advice so you don't have to come running, just the status we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 6: Come, Ma Dix is the Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martinez, welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 8: My friends to the only show of its, time of its, time of its We're here to help you. We're here to dig into whatever problem you have.
Speaker 7: We're here to try to solve it. We're here to try to recoup money for you. In fact, I never did pull out Tom's dinger and give it to Dimitri. He's over at Tom's house a lot, so he probably gets that dinger more than most of us. But here's the deal.
Speaker 8: That was a great deal you did on that parking deal guy at a ten thousand dollars parking ticket. Once you started really digging into it, we got it figured out. He owes nothing, No matter what now, he owes nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the landlord who owns that parking lot agreed to just wipe the record clean and zero out the man's account at the collection agency.
Speaker 8: And I absolutely love it. And that's the kind of stuff we do. We've done that. We've helped people on C four seventy tickets. We've helped people that their heater's not working, their landlord's not getting it fixed. We've helped so many people, it's unbelievable. And I always talk about our referral list members. Our referral list members are the best. It doesn't matter if it's the attorneys, it doesn't matter who they are. They're absolutely the best people. They help out all the time. In fact, one of them's on right now, Nick Ravena, with Gravina Windows. I was talking to him during the break this poor lady. He thinks it's going to be humidity. I mean, I'm just saying how it is. But I'm going to tell you what Nick has agreed to do. In fact, he offered it. I didn't even ask him, but Danny, Nick's gonna come out, even though you live quite a ways out. Nick's going to come out and check all the windows and just double check that he doesn't think there's any problems on installation or humidity and anything like that. And then if there is a problem, we're going to have an expert on our side when we go to renewal by Anderson. Does that sound good to you?
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 8: You're very welcome, And I want to thank you too for Nick for saying you're going to do that, but you did have another question for what was it?
Speaker 16: Do you have what type of blinds you have over those windows currently?
Speaker 2: I don't have any blinds zero snap.
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 16: That curtains, heavy thick ones.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 16: Sometimes sometimes when you close those at night two on really cold days, it kind of blocks some of the heat from getting to the interior part of the window. So that's where the ice can build up more too, because we're kind of blocking heat from the windows actually receiving you know, the internal warmth for that not to accrue as much.
Speaker 8: So Nick's going to reach out to you a course off air and figure out a time next week. And Nick, I really do appreciate you going out there. That's why we love Gravina windows. This has nothing to do with Gravinas. By the way, this is a product installed and sold by Renewal by Anderson. Out of curiosity, Nick, I'm not saying this is a bad thing. I'm trying not to get him confused. But is Renewal by Anderson the one that does a lot of like two minute kind of in commercials during nine news or late at night is at that company. Yes, Okay, I knew I've heard of them, and I know we don't get a lot of complaints on them that I can that I can remember. I just don't think so, at least not for the last fifteen plus years. We've definitely had a couple. But I mean, I don't remember anything. So Danny, make sure we have your phone numbers so Suzanne can give that to Nick.
Speaker 7: And Nick. What I love about you guys?
Speaker 8: And I just did one of your commercials not long ago, but man, twenty different lines of windows.
Speaker 7: What's your favorite? I'm going to ask you a crazy question.
Speaker 8: I realize every house is different, but let's say a nice mountain house. Let's say a something up in Evergreen, that's a nice you know, built within the last twenty years. They're looking at remodeling. They want a good window for the mountains. What's your favorite?
Speaker 16: You know, most modent houses, you know, usually would interior. We would probably go to a clad product. I'm a big fan of col these wood Clad product.
Speaker 5: I think they.
Speaker 16: Build them amazing, great warranty, great quality, great craftsmanship. I absolutely love that window.
Speaker 8: When we talk about something up in the mountains, does altitude matter? In other words, from seven thousand to say, I don't know ten thousand feet, would you change that up? Or they're pretty much all built for altitude?
Speaker 16: Well, yeah, that's just in the glass. We put a capillary tube in it. And some of those even in Denver were doing that because of a five thousand foot cap and we're just above it. So yeah, it's really about the glass, not the product.
Speaker 8: Well, and it's about the company. I mean, you guys have been doing this forever when you were growing up out of curiosity. We've all heard of Hooty the Owl and Gravina, and we've heard the TV commercials, radio ads and everything for years when you were a tiny kid man like five or six. I assume your grand your granddad was running this.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we used to go down to the old Chop when all my older great uncles and everybody work together. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Wow, that's kind of cool. Man.
Speaker 8: The heritage, the heritage behind you guys, and I love having you, and I love the way you go right to it. Thanks again for going out there. Then get back with me next week after you take a look at it, so we can really try to get her help if she needs it, and figure out what the deal is.
Speaker 7: Thank you, sir, You're welcome.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys.
Speaker 8: You got it man, I'd love our referral list members. All right, we got some lines open three oh three seven one three eight two five five Frank Rand, Stephanie Thomas. Has it slowed down buying selling? Would you call it right now a seller's market or a buyer's market?
Speaker 7: In Denver? Frank Mark, I.
Speaker 9: Think we are transitioning slowly into kind of a balanced market. I'll saye this, homes are taken a little longer to sell. But tell you what, prices are staying strong. We're sitting right around five hundred and seventy five thousand medians, so we're not seeing prices go down. We're still seeing the demand.
Speaker 7: There, but it's taken longer to set.
Speaker 9: It's taken longer to sell.
Speaker 7: Me an idea.
Speaker 8: So because six hundred thousand dollars house is like six months ago, was selling an average of what oh got six months?
Speaker 9: Well over sixty days maybe? And and here's the deal, the average or say the meetings around forty five, the average is a little over sixty one days.
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Wow, Stephanie Colorado Springs.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so our median price is at four seventy. But you know, our days on market are definitely I think long higher. Yeah, And I agree with Frank, I think we're a little more balanced. Our inventory still suggests seller's market. Interest rates have kind of taken some people, you know, and made affordability a little more of a concern, and I think those factors are kind of balancing one another out. But I look at those current days on market at two ways, because if I just look at the reports for sold properties, it shows that our average days on market were sixty four. But if I pull stats on all the actual active properties right now, it's actually at ninety seven.
Speaker 7: Oh wow.
Speaker 10: So current days on market for the properties that are still active are still, you know, sitting a little bit higher. But that's not abnormal in a more balanced market where homes take a few months to sell.
Speaker 8: What's a high in the spring. So like, I'm pretty because we're on KRDO down there. I'm down at that station doing promos and other stuff a lot, so I know the area pretty well. If you go down near the abroad more, some of those homes are absolutely gorgeous.
Speaker 7: Give me an idea of what the area you've got, You've.
Speaker 10: Got multimillion dollar homes in that area. You've got some properties that you.
Speaker 7: Know five I mean, is here five million dollar homes?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely in the in the Broadmore area.
Speaker 8: What's another up and coming area, or not even up and coming, what's another high expensive area in the Springs.
Speaker 10: You know, there's some areas in the north side of town that are definitely going to get up there a little bit, kind of getting close to like the Air Force Academy things like that. You've got some higher price properties, and then Rod Moore is definitely going to see some of those bigger.
Speaker 7: Prices I got.
Speaker 8: The broad More area is just absolutely gorgeous. We go to a beer festival up there once a year at what is it called Susann's Saying Arnold's or Arnold's the Feast at Arnold's. Oh you've been up there with us?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I love that area.
Speaker 7: Those homes around that church beautiful. Absolutely what do you think.
Speaker 10: It's one of those areas that's incredibly mixed. So I've shown homes out in that area recently, as you know, in the four to fifty range, but you've also got homes that exceed you know, that's multimillion dollar range. Too, so it's kind of a mixed area.
Speaker 8: And then the cheap area that you I wouldn't say represent or do too much in, but you do do some would be down Pueblo, right, so.
Speaker 10: I will go as far as Pueblo. Really, that Pueblo West area I'm pretty familiar with. That's on that north side of Pueblo where you've got you know, properties that are on acreage, most like half acre acre plus lots. So I've done some things down there, so I'm pretty familiar with that area too.
Speaker 8: And then Frank's selling in Denver. I'd say the hardest, and you guys tell me if I'm wrong, But it's got to be hard to move condos just simply because of roofs and hoas and all the problems we hear on the show all the time with condos. The insurance is one that blows my mind. Are they getting really hard to sell?
Speaker 5: Or no?
Speaker 9: Boy, Mark, I'll tell you in certain areas, certain areas now others we've moved with a little more.
Speaker 8: Now, when you say an area, do you mean an area like I'm just giving examples like Castle Rock, or do you mean an area like a certain building.
Speaker 9: I would say areas such as parts of Denver that I've noticed. And I'm not thinking of the subdivision name right now, Mark, but but there's a particular one. It'll come to me here in.
Speaker 5: A minute here.
Speaker 9: But basically, they had so much inventory it was it was way out of whack. It was like seventy percent acted, like maybe twenty five or thirty percent pending. Wow, Yeah, that's crazy Heather Gardens, That's what I was.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Oh that's massive.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, that's massive.
Speaker 8: That's isn't that kind of an old folks community? Yeah, I think fifty five plus, fifty five plus.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 8: I have been out there basically on assignments so many times with issues. It could be any issues, issues with neighbors, issues with the HOA, issues with the maintenance guy, mental issues, I am selling issues. I've been out there so many times, it's crazy. I remember a disclosure issue. Someone sold one and we found out I don't know how much longer after the sale or the closing went, but the neighbor knew for a fact and had video that the unit the person called about it was the kid that called on behalf of the mother. It flooded well and they hid that it flooded on the disclosure. What does it say on the disclosure for flooding guys.
Speaker 9: If they've ever had any kind of flooding or moisture problems?
Speaker 7: Yes, or no or I don't know.
Speaker 8: So they checked no if I recall, and it turned out it just so happened the neighbor that still lived there. There's flow too, and they took video and had all the video.
Speaker 9: Oh boy.
Speaker 8: So they went back and eventually there was some kind of some money got paid. I don't remember ultimately after we got involved, but that was Heather Gardens.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it's huge. The place is massive, massive mark and another thing to watch out where we tell our buyers this all the time. If you're buying in a property that has HOA, let's check. Let's see what the what the letters, the meetings minutes look like. Are there any pending lawsuits, any special assessments coming up that can make a huge difference.
Speaker 8: And special assessments, folks, that's where they'll kill you. So even if the HOA is high. Susanna and I have looked at some really nice condos, I mean really nice stuff, and there's a couple of things that blowed me away. One some of them three thousand a month HOA. Now that includes a ton of stuff. I'm gonna say it straight up, a ton of stuff. I won't even break it down, but a ton of stuff. But the special assessment is what I'm terrified. So even if you're willing to pay three grand a month just for the HOA, and that's not I know, people are out there going that's crazy. Now, there's a lot of stuff like that, especially like in Miami, in Las Vegas, in just all over right here in Denver, in fact, I would say, right over here, where.
Speaker 7: Did Tom used to live? Over here?
Speaker 4: Landmark?
Speaker 8: Landmark? Landmark. If you've got a penthouse air it's two to three grand, maybe even higher. Now just the HOA fees. You know, that includes the garage. It includes a lot of stuff. But regardless, even if you can get over that, and if you're not going to be there full time, it's very hard to get over that. But even if you can get over that, the special assessment, if there's a big hailstorm, or if you're in Miami and there's water damage, some kind of hurricane damage, that special assessment could easily be fifty sixty one hundred grand or more.
Speaker 7: Think about that.
Speaker 8: You better be able to afford to live there if in any condo, if they hit you with the special assessment, and you know the other place they do that, guys's time shares. People think, oh, I got a timeshare for twelve hundred bucks a year and I can use it one week. And you know Mexico, Well, let me tell you something. They'll hit you with the special assessment. Who do you think rebuilds after a hurricane goes through Cancun? You do, They'll hit We have heard from the Thin Law group people getting hit with forty thousand dollars assessments. Oh yeah, forty and they can go after you for it. They can get the judgment lean you take it. It's incredible, But special assessments are crazy. Everybody hold tight.
Speaker 7: Shannon looks like he's gonna kill me.
Speaker 8: I just thought of some of the best news I have heard, Dmitri. Some of the best news I have heard this week. We've heard a lot of cost cutting in government. We're gonna get one of our experts on our attorney in a second for a different call than we have a real estate question. But during the break, I just started thinking, you know, you're thinking of doze, and we're thinking of people, you know, cutting out all the fat and saving taxpayers money and dismantling agencies that are just doing nothing but wasteful spending. But there was something else done in the past week. An executive order that goes beyond beautiful, goes beyond greatness, goes beyond any other executive order. We have now returned to plastic straws. Thank god. Yeah, is there anybody in this room that preferred paper straws?
Speaker 7: Speak up?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 8: No, or forever hold your tongue. No, anybody, Suzanne.
Speaker 13: You've been complaining about paper straws for many years.
Speaker 8: They are the worst. The first time I ever saw them with Starbucks, it started melting in my coffee. Sometimes they explode. They say, oh, they're going to kill the fish. They're going to kill the fish. No, they don't.
Speaker 7: I agree with Trump. I want to.
Speaker 8: See a plastic straw hurt a great shark. They I want to see it happen. I don't even believe it happens. I don't. Frank Dran, the real estate man, he's gonna want to stay out of this one. But I'll ask you, have you ever used a paper straw?
Speaker 7: And liked it.
Speaker 9: Unfortunately, Oh no, I never liked it. Unfortunately, I've used him, but yes, I didn't like They're horrible.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then, and I want to thank Polus one more time because generally I think Polish every day when I'm doing this show. I'd like to thank you for not having plastic bags anymore.
Speaker 7: And I'll tell you.
Speaker 8: Why I want to thank them, because whenever I go anywhere else and get a plastic bag, I'm so happy.
Speaker 7: I'm elated.
Speaker 9: It's like, oh my god, they're still here.
Speaker 7: I thought they were wiped off the.
Speaker 8: Face of the planet. But it's just Colorado. We're not even around the ocean. That's not going to find its way into the ocean. But once again, I don't see a big white Haven't any problems, Dimitri.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that the outlawing of the plastic bags is just deplorable. And the unintended consequence of that, at least in my household is I used to use plastic shopping bags as a garbage bag, yep, and now I actually used regular garbage bags, and they I mean, if you just lift the two in each hand, it's horrible. It's there's so much more plastic in the garbage bag that I have to use.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's crazy. You're shopping with a hefty bag, is basically what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't use them for shopping, I understand, I use them for garbage. So now every day I'll throw away ten times more plastic by weight than I did when I used to use the little flimsy king soupers shopping bag for garbage. So this is the unintended consequence.
Speaker 7: And it drives me insane.
Speaker 8: I think they pulled in like seven hundred thousand dollars in taxes because remember when you buy one now it's ten cents or something along those lines. Walmart, of course the mac Daddy just said, hey, we're not doing it. They now sell for the first time, they have paper bags. I've started to see it. But when we go to Nebraska Wyoming, I'm so happy. I go, oh, you know what I do o Polus to thank you, because I'm so related seeing a plastic bag.
Speaker 7: I couldn't be happier.
Speaker 4: It's a relief.
Speaker 7: It is a relief.
Speaker 8: It's like, wow, there is normal places still, So that'll be my thanks to Polus.
Speaker 4: It would be nice to bring back the full strength flush toilets.
Speaker 8: They did, didn't they? Hey, sisand didn't they didn't. He get rid of the the the water restrictions.
Speaker 13: That's for appliances. Now I can get my washer and dryer.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so we've been thinking about getting a new one.
Speaker 8: The bottom line is our old ones work great and they have more power. Yeah, we've had so many people in the appliance repair business. Goes these new ones, you might have to clean your clothes twice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I end up doing.
Speaker 7: My wash much water.
Speaker 4: Yeah, My washer by default runs twice now, so every sort of laundry is actually too. Also, I really missed the twenty five cents incandescent light bulbs. I just bought some LED light bulbs that were six or seven bucks.
Speaker 8: Okay, first of all, if you're gonna buy light bulbs in Colorado, I'm gonna tell everybody this. I wouldn't buy a condescent light bulb ever, but I under stand your point.
Speaker 7: They were basically free.
Speaker 8: I don't like them because they burn out, they get hot. There's a lot of reasons I don't like them, and they do take ten times the power, which ultimately we pay for in our house. That's out of our pocket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I want it to be my choice, not the governments.
Speaker 8: I like that. That's fine. I'm good with TAB. But I will say this. When you talked about pricing. The best probate place to buy light bulbs in Colorado bar none. I'm talking in eight pack of LEDs that have a little switch on them that you can literally switch between three different brightnesses. Okay, I mean these things are unbelievable. Costco like five bucks.
Speaker 4: That's not bad.
Speaker 9: It's dirt cheap.
Speaker 8: Sometimes they'll have the ones without the switches, an eight pack or ten pack I forget for three four dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's miraculous.
Speaker 8: It's the only place Sam's Club double, Walmart, triple, Target, quadruple. I don't know why Sam. I don't know why Costco. They must get a rebate or something somewhere, because they seem to be half the price. But I digress. We have a real estate question, by the way, really quick, who was asking about the bathroom place?
Speaker 7: Susanne was at Thomas? Who the heck was at that was? Well?
Speaker 8: Anyhow, it's renew renew home innovations. They're unbelievable. If you want Nick is the owner out there? And what renew does is pretty much whatever you want done in your house. But what they specialize are in these big, beautiful porcelain sheets that will build the most durable shower walls. You can imagine, no maintenance whatsoever, no colors, and they can transform that old shower into this new shower generally within a week. I mean, it's incredible, But it's renew Home Innovations. I'm pretty sure it's renew Home Innovations dot com, renew Home Innovations dot com or google it. So anyhow, I digress, And what is your question? Your real estate question?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I have a offcood cabin up in Perk County, about two miles from fair Play, one acre, wooded with plumbing, septic, solar pro pane.
Speaker 7: Do you have electric?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's solar electric.
Speaker 7: But that's it. You're not on a grid. It's purely solar. Yeah, what's your question?
Speaker 11: There's electric run up there.
Speaker 7: No, I'm so hold on. That's important to me.
Speaker 8: Ran, I'm asking you if you wanted to connect it to the grid, you can, yes, Okay, keep going.
Speaker 11: Okay, I've had it for approximately thirty years and it's really nice property. But now there are pretty big expensive houses being built around it. I'm trying to sell it. I've been using the local real issues up there with not a lot of luck. I think it's priced fairly, and I wonder I was wondering if I hear a lot of advertisements for reallytures down in the Denver area, say, might have a recommendation for someone that I could use up there, or.
Speaker 7: I get it.
Speaker 8: I love rand I love the question. I'm going to let these two Stephanie, Thomas and Frank kind of soak on that.
Speaker 7: We'll take a break.
Speaker 8: I promise you'll be up first, and then Tim has got a comment as well. Everybody hold tight, I gotta take this break. I apologize.
Speaker 7: Three O three seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 8: Hey, don't forget YouTube dot com type in Troubleshooter network. There's a lot going on behind the How would you describe it, Shannon, how would you describe the YouTube part? I mean, it's definitely a show within itself. But if you had to, as our friend from many years back, would say, give it a name, we would you give you.
Speaker 13: The hood inappropriate?
Speaker 8: Oh well, that's maybe possibly one. It's a different way of listening though. We love helping people. We love recouping money, but let's face it, we also like having some fun and entertainment. And I really do want to thank everybody that's in with us today, Stephanie Thomason, Frank Duran, and I want to go back to this caller. But before I go back to this caller, K and H Windows dot Com. These guys have the most beautiful siding entry doors. They're at the home show this weekend. In fact, this is a pretty cool deal if you want to get a free quote on doors, windows, anything they do. If you want to get a free quote, they'll give you free home show tickets and you can go there and meet them and get a free in house quote.
Speaker 7: It's a really good deal.
Speaker 8: Those tickets are twenty how much of those tickets now, anybody know? Twenty thirty bucks whatever? They are free tickets up to four, so a family of four. But all you have to do is get a quote from them. And they've been around since nineteen sixty eight, and we've been talking about them since the eighties. I at leach Tom has so honestly, you want a great company that can come out and give you a bid, They're not gonna twist your arm. They're going to tell you about all the products Kwindows dot com, K Windows dot Com. Now we're going to go back to our caller. He's got a place where did he say? Park County?
Speaker 7: Guys? Was that where he said? Said?
Speaker 10: Close to Fairplay?
Speaker 7: Hey, Rand, you're close to Fairplay? Right?
Speaker 11: Yeah, about two miles out.
Speaker 7: But how long has it been? How long has it been for sale up there?
Speaker 11: Two seasons?
Speaker 7: Oh my god. So here's the problem. Your realtor's not good or it?
Speaker 8: Has he wanted let me ask you this, honestly, has he wanted to lower or she wanted to lower the price and you don't want to do that?
Speaker 11: No, I have lowered the price.
Speaker 8: So his question is can basically your question was, I don't know. If you were referring to one of our folks, they would tell you, of course, at no cost, who they would use if they were in Park. But neither of them are going to go up there or fair Play. I'm sorry, Yeah, both of them have. Yeah, so both of them, and I'm going to give you the numbers they're going to referral. Stephan, you'll give your referral up there. But on a more important note, I love what you brought up, Frank, really quick when something and Stephanie, both of you chime in. But I know this because Frank, you sold our house in Castle Rock, I don't know, ten years ago, whatever it's been. You actually set the price lesson every other one in the neighborhood. You know, we had track homes. They're all the same my model everywhere else for sale. And it wasn't Clark Farms. That was our house in Parker, Red Hawk, our house in Red Hawk, our model you know, was selling. I don't even remember five hundred thousand, six hundred, whatever it is. Numbers don't matter. But you placed it less than all the other ones for sale. And I was like, what are you crazy?
Speaker 9: Frank?
Speaker 7: What are you doing to me? I want to make money on this house. What do you got going?
Speaker 8: But when you were said and done, and listen to this rant, when you were said and done, I made more, or you made me more than any other model sold for So that secret sauce, Stephanie, do you price stuff that same way?
Speaker 10: Yes, we definitely look at those comps and kind of price according to that. But I do want to chime in about one thing. He did say, if that's okay. Yeah, please, So I do sell in the mountains, and the mountains have been selling a lot slower so before I wouldn't be so quick to say maybe the agent wasn't doing.
Speaker 7: What it is seasons too long.
Speaker 10: Not necessarily. There are some sial their specialized property.
Speaker 7: He's not on the grid, right, so there are some.
Speaker 10: Specialized properties up there. But the mountains have definitely seen a lot, you know, slower selling times than something sucks, right, absolutely so, So I just want to say that.
Speaker 11: So Frank, would I have another question?
Speaker 7: Go ahead, go ahead, Ran, you call go ahead.
Speaker 11: One of the real chures because this house is only used by a large like a populi. Yeah, that's big, I said. Well, I couldn't purchaser could not get a loan because it only has one source of heat inside the cattle.
Speaker 8: Well, okay, hold on, I'm just going to put you. I got to put you on a hold because I'm going to keep you up. We're going to get you help, Ran. But what you're saying is not correct. Now listen, you might not be able to get in certain kinds of loans. I acknowledge that you might not be able to get what like you guys helped me out of VH. What is it the veterans a VA loan You're definitely not going to be able to get. You're not going to be able to get a typical loan to buy your property. I would agree, wouldn't you guys agree? That doesn't mean people can't get a loan to buy your property. They get a signature loan, they could borrow from somebody else, they could pay cash. So yes, that just does exactly what Stephanie said. It brings up. It brings up more obstacles to get by selling your property. But I would think his properties not being I got to take this. But I'm going to tell you what I think 's problem is, and I'm gonna ask both of you, and then we'll go to break Frank. When you put my house up for sale in three days, in three days, we had one hundred thousand people walk through it virtually with the matter horn, the matter horn three d walk through one hundred thousand people in three days walk through my house, I would bet there is no marketing whatsoever being done on your house but MLS. But hold on, you know, rand I simply don't see it anywhere. We can't find the address you gave us sixty three Ski Dadler. So what I'm gonna have is you're gonna leave your information for Suzanne, and Stephanie's going to reach out to you and she's basically going to give you an idea down there. But here's it. I don't think it's being I simply do. You can't even find tax records on it, can you, guys. So we're gonna see what we can find out rand. But the bottom line is, I don't think it's being marketed right. When these two here in studio with me, Frank Durand and Stephanie Thomas, they market your home through Facebook, through MLS, through Zillow, through realturn dot com. It's more than just an MLS listing. You know what, if you're selling a two million dollar property, you're gonna go to Facebook and you're gonna use You're gonna use all the tools out there. You're gonna send advertisements for that house to people that can afford to buy that house. And I don't think yours is being done right, Tim, real quick? What about paper straws? Quick quick?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 8: Never, No, nope, nothing from Tim. He held for a half hour to hang up at the last second. Three oh three seven one three A two five five three oh three Martino, we'll talk to you tomorrow.