Speaker 1: Welcome to that I'm still fun podcast. So let's do like a little as I call it, housekeeping to kick things off. So we have a Jenny and I both have vacations that are kind of overlapping in a weird way. So we've figured out a way to keep it from like being multiple weeks without a new podcast is next week we'll have a mini episode and the week after we will be off, yes, and then we'll be back the following week with a full episode because basically how our vacations line up is it lines up perfectly to overlap where there's no possible way to record that a few weeks. Yeah, one day off. So but you know, we appreciate you listening and hanging out with us.
Speaker 2: First we should probably say thank you. Hell Yeahie, who is a super big fan of all of our shows.
Speaker 1: I think, y the podcast, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: But all of a sudden, Vat walks into my prod studio this morning and hands me these crumbled cookies. He's like, here you go, and I was like what are these and he's like, well, they're from Brie.
Speaker 1: Like I was supposed to know. Yeah, I was like, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: I'm just what is this about it? He's like, oh, that's right. This was supposed to be a surprise. Okay, but yeah, Bree sent us the Crumble cookies to celebrate our slightly belated one year of I'm Still fun.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, thank you so much. That is so incredibly thoughtful and it's funny because we didn't even realize we'd been doing this for a year. Yeah, kep better track of it than us, and we are going to hammer these cookies. Crumble Cookies. I some people hate them. I don't get it. I do get it either.
Speaker 2: Like everyone's like they're so overrated, and I was like, they're not. Though they're always good, they might, I mean maybe a certain flavor you might not like. Right, you're gonna at least if you get a variety pack, you're gonna at least love half of the flavors.
Speaker 1: I feel like I don't overly follow the girl on TikTok Nara Smith, but like she's so popular that her videos will pop up you know what I'm talking about. She's the one that is the soft voice and makes everything from scratch and half of it's become like a joke. And she's a model and her husband lucky as a model and blah blah blah. But like she they're on I don't know what, they're doing, some kind of road trips, so they're you know, she's not baking everything at home, but they got like there. It's also one of those things that I get so annoyed with where they're both thin, beautiful models, Like she was in their hammering cookies like they were. So she'll be like, so Lucky you wanted pizza, so we had six pizzas and like Lucky ate all of it. And that's how she talks. And I'm like, how the hell what kind of habitalism you got, Lucky. I'm jealous and same with her, but that you know, that's just jealousy. But they went and got cinnabon, and she's like I thought they were vile, and I'm like, who thinks cinnabon is vile? It's so good. I mean, I get like, there are some cinnamon rolls out there that suck because right and disgusting, but like, I'm not even gonna say, but there is a place in the Twin Cities that people love. I feel like I might know who might know what it is. And I've had a like two or three times in every single time. Like, I do not get the hype here.
Speaker 2: Because it's so dry every time one specific place that comes to mind for me. But to be fair, there's something else there that they're known for that's really good. But also like this is like the runner up is the cinnabon.
Speaker 1: Yes, I wrote it down on my note. Yes, I wrote it on my notes.
Speaker 2: Dude, Yes, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: Everyone like I'll be like, where's a good cinemonarole? And ninety nine percent of their response will be that. I'm like, no, dog, I've had it, and I've had it more than once, and it's asked.
Speaker 2: You're like, I'm gonna go to the busy mall of America and give me a cinema.
Speaker 1: I would rather do that. Yeah, I'm like, that's so funny. I'm glad I'm not alone to that. But I'm like, your your mouth nose dry? Do these people? Do these people have the most salivating mouths in the world out there? I don't know. Another huge milestone in addition to our one year anniversary, she would make out, by the way, for our anniversary, I would love to little ASMR makeout from us. I got my period. Yeah, shout it from the rooftops.
Speaker 2: The girl, it's a soon nummy like, thank you for asking.
Speaker 1: No, I did feel extra crampy like for two days, but I mean, I've never had horrible cramps, but you know, day one and especially day two would be a little bit worse. But I did feel like it was a little bit more intense than normal. And I don't know, there's a weird part of me that's proud that I am not officially dried up yet. Yeah, I'm sure it's around the corner, but many many years. I'm also really happy that I got it out of the way before my trip to Italy, where no one wants to start a period tsunami on like a what seven or eight hour flight pass, So we did get really quick. I do want it like because we're just on the topic. One of our emails did have a little bit to do with that, So I'm going to do that one really quick. But she said, Hey, Fallon and Genny, I'm a big fan, and listen to the morning show, the podcast, and the afternoon show. We'll shout out for all the support. I heard you talking the other week about having a group get together for talking about perimenopause and menopause. I was forty two when i started perimenopause, and two years later I'm still in it. What really helped was seeing a sexual health doctor. Okay, she specializes in hormones, sex and medications things like that. She even showed me on a screen exactly what I looked like down there and how my estrogen was low. It was crazy. Anyways, I would love to have a group or some women to talk to about this because it's a very difficult. It's very difficult going through. Thank you so much and keep doing what you're doing. You guys are awesome. It's from Nicole, so I thought that one fit in with that discussion. So thanks Nicole. I don't think I realized. I guess I should have known there were like sexual doctors, but I didn't know that there was. I know there were probably sex therapists.
Speaker 2: Well, I know that there's like specific people. If somebody sent me this because I talked about how I always pee my pants when I jump on a trampoline or any consualancy thing, you know, and people are like, Tony, that's not normal, like for not having kids and whatever, and I'm like, it's been my whole life, and so somebody's sent me like the Vagina Whisperer on Instagram I think is their names. Yeah, but they're specifically a Pelp Florida therapists or therapists whatever.
Speaker 1: So I knew about that, But no, I didn't know that's there. So what did you guys? Did we talk about this? What did you decide you're doing for your actual trip?
Speaker 2: The tentative plan is we are gonna head down to like the Utah area mostly, so I think we're gonna go into Colorado and hit like the Great Sand Dunes National Park or something, and then we're gonna head over to like Bryce Cannon.
Speaker 1: Canyon, Canyon, Canyon, Zion.
Speaker 2: The Arches, tons of little park little, tons of big parks over there, and then circle back up maybe probably through the Black Hills in South Dakota. It's just it's Minnesota is just so in a spot where like for you to get to anywhere, you gotta travel at least through a couple boring states to get to something good most of the time. So I think that's kind of the tentative plan. I was still kind of on the side of wanting to go out east and see the fall colors, but they might be done by then, because I think they're already happening right now.
Speaker 1: Kind of how depends on where you go. So like we were, I'm doing like a weekend girls trip in November. It's literally a weekend with my girls back home from Indiana, and we were going to go to Asheville. Well guess what the hurricane Oh took it hotways we're supposed to go, And obviously our trip is irrelevant. I just I can't imagine what those people are going through. But like today we were like we I started texting when I'm like, we probably should make a call on this, guys, And so I just went ahead and canceled my flight and the airbnb. Today We're going to find a different location. Who cares. But places like Asheville, they were like, not that they would have still been turning colors in November, but they definitely would still be like through October and stuff, which now that doesn't matter, but yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think so that was kind of like where I wanted to go. But to be fair, lots of places are getting snow already and we just don't have a built out van. Yeah, we have to like really make sure we're going to a climate that's gonna work with what we have because we don't have air conditions, we don't have heat, so we have to have some mild in between of sorts or else, like we're gonna have to not stay in the campra van, which, to be fair, I know that this being our first trip and us not having much in the camera van, I think we will probably end up maybe booking a motel here and there or an airbnb or something, and we've decided that's fine just because like we literally only have a cabinet and a bed in there. That's right, it, But man, I want to go back though for a second. Mother Nature is not your friends out big surf for you for your forty big birthday, and now a hurricane for your girls trip.
Speaker 1: I know that that one's not as big of a deal, but wow, I know someone else made that comment. I was like, oh, yeah, I'm really just no one wants me to probably book. I swear if something happens to Italy and the next week, I'm gonna be pissed.
Speaker 2: So far, it looks good because our friend I'm there.
Speaker 1: I know, you know. By the way, This has nothing to do with anything except that I thought it would pass this so long. And I bet most people already know this. But I listened to a podcast called National Park after Dark, and I've been way off listening lately because I've been busy listening to some other things. I found like a I realized I've been listening to my favorite podcast for like a year, and so I was like, and they have an episode every day, so I don't listen to this office I've never shared it. I'm never going to share it. But it's rude. It's rude, and people are like, why do you even bring it up? But it took the place of some others I was listening to. So but National Park after Dark they do trail tales and people will ride in about their experiences, and I always get so hype when they it's someone from Minnesota riding in. It'll always be like Boundary Waters for the most part. But first of all, this week, the two girls are from like up East Coast, the hosts a podcast, and their voices sound so similar I've never once been able to tell the difference. And then every but they the girl who wrote in wrote in Minnesota words and They were like, I don't know how I'm supposed to say this uf ufta, And I was like, oh, ufta, and it made me laugh. There's no way I would have known how to pronounce that before I moved here. Either, I probably would have said ufta also. But they were talking about one of the trail tills was people going on a hike passing dogs, and then they passed one of the people and one of the dogs on the way back, but not the other one because the dog got like heat stroke one the other ones and it was too heavy to carry down. But they I don't know if I just wanted to pass this along. If you go on hikes with dogs, I guess there are these harnesses you can buy that you can like attach a dog to you. It wouldn't be easy necessarily, but if something happened where your dog couldn't walk, you could buy these harnesses to get them down to safety, and obviously would be way easier than you trying to carry it with like just your arms, like you attach it to your back or to your frat. And I was like, oh, I should have realized that they created something like that, but I just never thought of it because I don't have hiking dogs, but some people do, and like obviously their dogs were physically able to do it, but they just they hate stroked, and so the dog was ended up being fine. But like a lot of the parks, they won't come in to rescue an animal, They will only come in to rescue a human, so they couldn't get help. And they also didn't have cell signal anyway in the park to find people. So that's I just thought that was like interesting to like pass along, Like if you're going on big hikes with your dog, even if they're in great health, it might be something to look into investing in.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I've necessarily seen anything like that before, but I do follow a lot of campervand people. They all have like dogs and cats and stuff, and like one person literally brings their cat on hikes and like the cat is like I don't know if it's a harness. It probably is a harness, like attached to the backpack that they wear, not like a kid carrier. It's like so literally the cat's was like sitting on top of a backpack. But I've seen where they kind of like fall a little bit and they're able to still catch them because they're like attached on the backpack or something. I don't know, but oh, that's interesting. Yeah, can I say so? I know you're not revealing the podcast that you were talking about, and I don't think I'm going to reveal the one I'm talking about either.
Speaker 1: Oh this is the worst. There's a reason why.
Speaker 2: So if somebody had suggested a podcast that revolves around anxiety, so I went to give it a listen, and literally the first episode, I just picked a random episode where the title seemed interesting to me, and it was about HSPs, which stands for highly sensitive people and then M paths and so that saying like, what the difference is if you are one of those, you might have this characteristic whatever. I'm listening, and I turned it off after probably seven minutes because I immediately knew that this was two girls who have anxiety, but they don't have the background or the credentials to be talking about the things that they're talking about in a way that you should believe them. Because one of them was trying to describe what HSPs mean and what the characteristics.
Speaker 1: Were, and they probably are just reading something they pulled off of, like chest GPS.
Speaker 2: They literally one girl goes, well, that's weird. I think that that's what an EmPATH is. And she's like, no, this is for HSPs. And she's like, well, what's your source and she goes, oh, it's like and she said, like someone's name and it turned out to be a blog like blog. And then the other girl goes, well, I'm reading from like psychology dot com right now and this is what it says. And so I had to turn it off pretty much immediately because I was like, I love people who are willing to talk about their anxiety, but if you're talking about it from a doctor perspective, you should be a doctor. If you're talking about it from your own personal experience, then I feel like that's totally fine whatever. But I just think there are so many podcasts out there where people just trust that the persons speaking is an expert just because they have a podcast and they aren't, and so I don't know. So many people start podcasts, and sometimes I just I get frustrated being in the podcasting world.
Speaker 1: Ourselves.
Speaker 2: You and I, yeah, we give advice every once in a while if people ask us for advice, but we're not giving you want to talk about GOV and oh Zembek and we're like, we don't know, no ideas, Yeah this is but we are open about that.
Speaker 1: You know, we aren't coming in like.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you should do this if you're like trying to lose some weight and whatever. So it was just kind of I was bummed because I was excited because I thought it was like a podcast I would be able to get into.
Speaker 1: And I immediately was like no, no, I yeah, I hate that I had someone not the exact same situation. But I had someone recommend a book recently and she's like best book I read this year, and I downloaded it. But I'm an audiobook person and I within like a chapter was like I cannot listen to this. The author did the audio and she I've actually heard before that most publishers prefer the author to not do the audio because they're not professional. If they're like an actor or something, then yeah, you expect them probably to do narrate their own book or like Britney Spears had Michelle Williams do it, but she's an actress. And this author's voice drove me so insane. I'm like, I don't care how good the book is I'll never listen to it because I cannot hear the voice. And that's why sometimes that people say that they hate the sound of my voice. I'm like, I get it. That sucks because that's the top thing I can't change. But you it really is. You have to be able to enjoy the sound of someone's voice or it ruins the entire experience for you. Like I said, very different than that, but it stinks when you have something recommended that you want to check out and you like that, Nope, immediately turn it off. And then if they check back in later, like would you think and you're like, I actually hated it. You don't say that because that'd be awful, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel you. Well, man, I haven't seen you since last week. Did you do anything super fun this week?
Speaker 1: Kind of?
Speaker 2: I think you've texted me on Friday and you're like, what are you doing this weekend? And I texted you back saying what about you? And you never responded. You reponded to something not else, But you don't.
Speaker 1: I know, because well I think I didn't know what I was doing. Number One, sad, hav anything exciting planned? But also I've been like really bad during our show. Lately, like before, I feel like I had more time to respond during mining cult show, but lately, man, I have like had no time. I texted you at eleven thirty am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was when I was like leaving work for the day on to Friday, or actually was probably like eleven because it was Friday.
Speaker 1: Hold on, let me check my schedule.
Speaker 2: You you would ask me first, like what are you doing this weekend? And I had responded maybe it was until I got home, but regardless, it was definitely before noon, and then I was like what about you?
Speaker 1: And then we texting. I don't know what happened, Jenny. I don't know. Another thing I've been doing lately with texting is anytime anyone asks me a question, I'd take a full twenty four hours to respond to them. Not you, because you're like but like I realized, I am who I've always hated. Now I can't stand people who take forever to respond to a text and like your phone's in your hand twenty four to seven, like unless you work at a job that I know, Like you're a doctor and your phone isn't on you like I, which I don't have any doctor friends. I don't know why that was my example, but like it drives me crazy. I'm like, just respond to me, and then it makes me feel like a loser that I so easily respond to everyone. But mine is not about that. Mine is I need to mentally decide if I can take on the thought process of their question. Yep. And it's usually a question about my time. Yeah, it's almost always like could you do this? And I'm like, I need twenty four hours to decide if I mentally can do this thing you're asking me to do with my time next week.
Speaker 2: And that's fair because you're super busy.
Speaker 1: Bad though, I'm like, people are going to start being like, goose bitch, but you're really busy.
Speaker 2: I think that that's a completely fair thing to not respond immediately about something that like involves your time. I h that's fair if it's like something that needs an answer because of something happening the next day, that I could understand that.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've always been the queen of not responding to text right away, Like I know, well, okay, to be fair, you're like in the middle of your show from two to six, and that is prime nappy time for me, so I oftentimes except to make I will wake up at like twenty minutes into an app, I will look at my phone off this twenty seven texts for me and yeah, I'll see like twenty seven texts from Falance and I'll be like, oh, I'll answer this vitu later. Yeah, and then I completely forget.
Speaker 1: That's what I've been doing. I've been like I'll see it during like the Jason Show, like I'll respond later, and then I forget that I never responded.
Speaker 2: Yes, my family is probably I'm the worst to them. They will, especially if they text me during the show, because I really don't text during the show, yeah, unless it's really important, And so if they text me during the show and I open it, I will completely forget to respond to it for like a week's times.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I my phone was dying last night. It was probably I don't know, six pm, and I'm like, Okay, I got some shit to do. I need to vacuum, I needed to do some laundry. I'm just gonna go put it upstairs in my bedroom on the charger. And I did a bunch of stuff in the in between, like did some stuff on my computer, whatever. I didn't have my phone for like two and a half hours and it was great. And I didn't even like look for like go to reach for it once. Yeah, and I was like, this is fantastic. I am like happy I'm capable of doing that. But also I know that when I got back there were like a few text messages from the morning show, but luckily I didn't need an answer from me. It was something like VANT was trying to create for some social media stuff, but I just.
Speaker 1: Love being away from my phone. Sometimes it's yeah, it's really hard for me, but I was away a tiny bit this week of it only because I was trying to tackle the weeds that have taken over my entire life, which I've ever wont on Instagram, They're like, I don't know, because like the people before me, they I think they were retired. They had the most beautiful lawn ever, like everything about it, the flat flower beds. Mine's crap. And I was like, okay, anyone else like I'm drowning this year because of all the rain, Like there's no getting out. I'm gonna have to have hire someone actually and spend money to reset. It's because I don't want to look at crap. Yeah, and everyone's like same and they're like I feel like I don't know who has time to do that unless they are retired, because when you have, like I mean, it doesn't have to just be kids, like you're just busy. It's like I don't have. But I did pull out a ton this weekend. And I was having Jake pull out like a tree and he's like, well, can I use your gloves? And I was like yeah, I hand it to him and then I'm in there just rip and he's like, why am I bothering? He's like, look at you God. He's like, you're just ripping through things. I'm like, well, I don't have time for this shit. You're over there taking you're sweet ass time digging out one tree root. He's like the roots to China, I swear, and I'm like, okay, so dramatic. And then like, I also did binge this weekend. Nobody wants this. I saw you post that on it. It's so good. I've only watched the first two episodes, so you like it though, right? Oh?
Speaker 2: I love it and I would have watched more, but Andrew like came up stairs when I started like settling in for a little bit, Sush, and we've been in the middle of watching like old Survivor season. He's like, do you want to watch Survivor? And we hadn't really hung out much that day, so I was like sure, but I was like after episode, I was like, let me just finish this first episode. So I watched one and then I watched one more last night and I know I'm going to go home and binge the rest.
Speaker 1: Like in the next two days. There were like two or three episodes where I was like kind of had it on in the background while I was working, so I probably missed some stuff, but it was still very, very good and highly recommend it, and it's like, yeah, I posted it is one of the few shows I have seen just nothing but positivity, from their chemistry to their kissing to like the actual jokes not being too cheesy. I really liked it. And did you watch the OC No? Okay, because I did.
Speaker 2: And I feel like it's kind of hard for me to see Adam Brody play any other character than Seth who he was on that show, and I think he this is like, I mean, I don't know what else I've seen him in. Honestly, I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I really am like fully engulfed in his character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he plays. So I don't know if you follow the Foster sisters, So do you know what I'm talking about? No, Okay, I like the people who write books. Okay, I don't know it's the It's Sarah and something Foster, but they're Dave Foster. Okay, this is like a long line. So Dave Foster. David Foster is this famous musician. He's now married to Catherine McPhee. Okay, he's way older than her. I know that he's written like a lot of huge musical hits for artists. Yes, these are his daughters. Okay. I didn't know that for years because I didn't know who he was honestly until he was with Catherine mcphe. I don't think i'd ever heard of him. So like older generations, I feel like know him better. Yep. So the only reason I knew his daughters is because since they're kids of like a famous dad, I've seen them intertwined with other celebrities on social media for years without really understanding who they were and why they were like popular or famous. I think at some point I was like, oh, they must have a famous parent. But long story longer, they wrote they wrote this, Oh okay, and they spent like the one girl said it's like based on her life with her husband and they've worked on it for five years, and I thought that was like an interesting cool tie in, Like I mean, you could say it's nepotism, but they they must have hired a good team of writers or whatever because it's really good. Yeah, and you can tell like there's no way there won't be a second season because like it's doing so well like the like, there's no way there won't be a second one. I guess unless Kristen Bell or whatever his name is, they'd say no. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I haven't made it that far, so I have no idea. But if you haven't heard of this, it's basically the gist as a sex podcast host meets a rabbi and it goes right and it's just very interesting but like balance out, it's just it was like a very unexpected chemistry right off the bat. Yeah is what it is. And it's like, wow, okay.
Speaker 1: Well because you see some like I don't try to think of there are so many like shows on Netflix where I'm like, their chemistry sucks, you know what I mean, Like, I'm like, oh god, like, there was the one I'll never forget Ashton Kutcher and Reese Witherspoon. I don't know I've ever seen worse chemistry other than Nicole Kidman and Zach Effron. Oh god, like some of the worst chemistry. I didn't watch it. Don't don't so bad.
Speaker 2: Not that this is that big of video, since guys have always done this with girls for many, many years. But Nicole Kidman is like like a little bit older than Zac Efron, right, a lot of That's what I thought, And I feel like it was weird for me to even think that they were portraying a romantic relationship. I thought it was like a mother son situation before I realized what it was. Well, I still haven't seen it, but I've seen trailers.
Speaker 1: They her like wig in that movie and his like facial plastics that was throwing me off. On top of all of it, it was all around bad. It was not good. So but yeah, I would say, finish it, ben Jail, It's amazing.
Speaker 2: I will I do have one. You might, I feel like you get more emails than I do.
Speaker 1: I have one email that I know that we're both copied on. Okay, I was gonna say, because I do have one that I know we're both on as well. Okay, you want to read it, I don't care. You can if you want, I'll read it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, Hi ladies, and then in parenthesis friends perfect.
Speaker 1: Podcast hosts, ooh, you already have our attention.
Speaker 2: I hope this email finds you well. With a funny emoji, that's my corporate workplace transition for a question that I've been debating and thought it could be an interesting topic to hear on. I'm still fun. I prefer no name since my co workers are all Minnesota locals. I work remote, but have co workers that i've become pretty close with. I was recently invited to one of their baby showers but couldn't make it. I sent a gift, but my coworker has not acknowledged if she got it yet. The shower was September seventh, and I sent the gift a few days before. I'm wondering is it rude if I ask she got it. I absolutely do not care about getting a thank you or acknowledgment of the gift, but really am wondering if she just didn't get it when I sent it. I got a tracking number and it said it was delivered. But she's usually pretty quick to acknowledge or say thank you for things, so I'm not totally sure. But I would feel like a jerk if I ask her and she did get it but it just slipped her mind. I know there are way more important things to remember as a mom to be. I know most people would probably say just ask, but the Minnesota nice in me is overthinking and not wanting to hurt her feelings. But on the flip side, considering that we have been friends for a while, I don't want her to think I didn't send her anything for the shower either. I love to hear your guys perspective. Should I leave it alone? Thanks? Love the podcast so much. It's part of my weekly rotation of entertainment while working. You make my days better.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think the right response is yeah, leave it alone, But I would be just like you, Oh, I don't think that'd be the right response. I say, just ask. Well, yeah, but I get what she's saying. People feel okay, imagine it someone in our sales department you're not super close with. Of course you would ask me, but like, it would be a little bit weirder for me to ask someone I don't talk to, maybe like as a best friend, if it's like a coworker. Yeah, but I still think I would word it like this, Hey, I just want to make sure you got the gift I sent. I only ask because I sent so and so something recently and they never got it. I would totally. If I was uncomfortable, I would bring up how this has happened to me before, Like a card I sent my nephew with money and he never got and I had to resend it because I didn't want to think I didn't love him, And I just want you to know I love you. Wanted to make sure you got the gift or something. I would do something over the top like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I feel like i'd probably do the same, considering the relationship. I mean, it's that's that they've been friends for a while, but they're so coworkers. I don't know how close a friendship that is. That's true, I guess, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm also dealing with this a little bit myself. Oh God, did I forget to send you a thank you card.
Speaker 2: No, I did not go back to Wisconsin this past weekend when it was it was my nephew's birthday party. And to be fair, my family doesn't expect me to come home for like pretty much anything besides like the big holidays and stuff. But I said, like, yeah, I'll try to make it. I don't know if I'm going to and I just decided for my own sanity no, because we were up at the north Shore last weekend, we leave for like ten days coming up shortly. I really didn't want to drive back to Wisconsin l this weekend. And also I had committed to watching some dogs, but Andrew was just going to stay with the dogs if, like I did decide to go, and so I sent a card to my nephew for it. But there's a good chance that he might not be getting it until today because I sent it I think on Wednesday, but the party was Saturday, and so I'm like waiting to hear if I get to thank you. And when I texted my sister saying hey, sorry, I'm not going to make it last week, she just gave me like a like emoji or not a like emoji like she liked the text, and so I feel like she's a little upset that I didn't come home for the party. And then also like did they not get the card yet?
Speaker 1: And now am I?
Speaker 2: Like so I kind of want to ask my sister to like And also his birthday was a week prior, so I feel like maybe she was sulty that I hadn't sent him something.
Speaker 1: His actual baby.
Speaker 2: But like I was debating if I would like try to come home for the if they are not, and then if that was the case, I would have wanted to give him a present in person. Yeah, So I waited till I decided not to go to set the card. But I'm definitely going to reach out to her in like two days if she still hasn't said anything, Yeah, be like, hey, can you check your mail? I sent something for Luca.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like that. I don't think there's anything just like wrong asking. Yeah, but I get the Minnesota nice Also, if I was your sister, i'd probably be mad at you too, Jenny, And I guess it. Listen, I get it. It's funny. I like, I get both sides of it because I totally get where you're coming from. Like my sister used to only live like two hours away, but that was easy. Like I would totally go home on like a weekend, but she knew I wasn't going to come home for other stuff, Like I wasn't going to come home if they were in a school play or this, I would. I would always drive home for their birthday and then, like big holidays, two hours is significantly different than was your five or six. It's no, it's like four and a half two five depends on how many potty breaks I t so it's yeah, it's different. So but like if yeah, if they didn't get a present like anytime, and I was in my mind like is this bitch not even sending a gift, then I would start building it up in my head and I'd be like, I'd be shitty about it. Like I was shitty about my sister sending me a Venmo for my birthday this year, because I was like, dude, normally send me a Venmo anytime, but for my fortieth birthday.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was gonna say, yeah, for your fortieth time.
Speaker 1: I spent so much money on her. And it's not even about the money. I like all, but I do keep saying that in my head. I mean I literally threw her a surprise party. I paid for the entire thing, had it catered, bought her a crazy I bought her a crazy expensive purse, crazy expensive. And this bitch didn't even send me a card and venmoed me cash like every other birthday we'vevo each other. I don't care. I don't need a car. I'm gonna throw it away. But I was so mad. I was like, so, but you get a little bit more yeah, weird about your own kids than you do about yourself too.
Speaker 2: Have you expressed to your sister before that you don't like cards? Because no, okay, so my sister I'm talking about is Rachel, and Rachel does not like cards. She has always overly expressed how she thinks cards are such a waste of money.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I sent Luca a card with a gift card in it, but I literally got the cheapest card I could find because I was sitting.
Speaker 1: In a gift card. You have to put it in something, right, of course. And also I think for the kids it's fine because they like to get mail to open, you know, for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't even know what that kid needs anymore, because I he you know, his interests changed constantly.
Speaker 1: And I do. Even if all would tell you something she likes this week, next week, you'd be different, right, So it's like it's impossible.
Speaker 2: But I feel like I almost facetimed them yesterday to be like, how was the party because I felt like I hadn't heard anything. Yeah, in a group family snapchat. I didn't get any snapchats all day. To be fair, they're always there, maybe busy during this hourday party, so I'm not concerned about that, but like like no pictures or anything. And I swear that my little sister said that she also had Oh she had a wedding on Saturday, so I think my little sister also like was saying.
Speaker 1: That she might not be there.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, Rachel, if you're listening, I don't know if you ever listened to this. I know Katie does. But Rachel, I'm sorry to make it home. I'm a bad sister sometimes I know I make it worse for you. Just then, Jenny, No, I've been contemplating the fact that I should have just gone home, and it was more selfish than anything, because I really just didn't want to deal with the travel aspect of it.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she gets it too. Yeah, it's very hard. Like I feel like I needed this past weekend to really get some sleep for once and also to not do anything. But then of course I just felt like shit because there was like Saturday, I felt like I didn't accomplish a lot of things I wanted to. But I felt like I just kind of needed it because I don't know, life just was really hectic in August into September, and so I wanted a weekend of not having to be on pretty much anyone else's time. Yeah, and there was only one obligation I had to go to, and I went to it for a couple hours and then I left.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So well, I would say, to summarize, you're not a bad person, You're the only this is the thing. It sucks when you're the one that always has to travel. It just does. And it like that's how I would get, Like if I wanted to see my family, I knew i'd have to fly out to see them always. My sister is actually good about it, like she'll fly here from Florida and stuff, but I always knew, like it sucked that it was only on me if I wanted to see my dad, et cetera. So it's a heavy burden if you leave home and you have family that kind of stay at home base. So I don't actually think you should feel bad. I was mostly just being an asshole, well not about the card part. If that shit got there two weeks late, I would be judging. You'd be like, what a cheap ass. I know you have a fancy, famous radio job. You could obviously send your nephew a freaking gift, Jenny. It's what I'd be thinking in my head if I hadn't received anything.
Speaker 2: The thing is that, like, my dad is so so bad at presents. I'm pretty sure he got my sister and her husband a wedding president like a year and a half.
Speaker 1: After all, I'm not, you know, And I'm.
Speaker 2: Pretty sure he's like missed most of the kid's birthdays, like he lives right there or it's like a month later. So I don't feel too bad about that one, Like yeah, whatever it Yeah, I probably could have had it in the mail sooner. But I genuinely was like, well, maybe I'll come home, and I would have wanted to give him a present in person if that was the case, so I didn't want to send it the week before anyways, I'm just like trying to deflect, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, anytime you want to email us, you can and we will turn around and talk about how we're feeling. Yes, because that is what we will do. I'm just kidding. If you will do an email Fallon at KATIWB dot com or Jenny at KATYWB dot com. Thank you for listen listening