Speaker 1: Welcome back to EVE Sports Radio. It is May the ninth, twenty twenty five. This is Eve Sports Radio. I am the brand. The telephone number is five zero two five seven one seventy nine hundred. That's five zero two five seven one seventy nine hundred. Of course this is sports talk, but it's all talk seven ninety kr D. We've got Rick behind the glass today. Rick, welcome back. Everyone knows I ran Shannon off, so we just will have to just leave that alone. But I ran Shannon off. I just want everyone to know that. I think Shannon said he'll be back on Monday, but he was tired of me bullying and Rick, so he said he was taken off a day. I think he's working with Matt Jones somewhere on a remote. Yeah, I'm still righty, I'm still gonna say I ran him off. That sounds better. That sounds better exactly. But Rick, welcome, Thank you for sitting in for it. Good to be and no question you say you've got my younger son on the other line, We got it. Anthony and George ready to go here. Oh we've got them both. Well. Anthony, welcome to the show. How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 3: I thought about pulling a Kawhi Leonnar this morning from my load management.
Speaker 1: I understand you. Hell, if you were doing Kawhi Leonard, you'd be load management. You'd be missing half your days. That's all. That's what Kui does. He has a great job. He plays twenty games this season in the playoffs and goes home. So we'll see, we'll hear about an injury. Trust me, you're here about an injury with Kawhi Leonard in about two weeks and he'll miss the first three months of the season. Just wait, just wait, I'm telling you so anthy, let's bring on that other guy, that Monday and Friday guy. His name is George, George George Williams. Ring. Who Hey George, it's ring. What What was that again? Ring? What? Ring? You?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You got it? You got you got it, you got it. It was but not x y Z but you but you And I apologize. I didn't count. I didn't recognize vic voice this month. So Mistace Shannon, how you doing? Mister Rick Anthony? And great great ethnic and uh the other fellow what's your name? Show welcome? What I didn't wanting to talk about that?
Speaker 1: Hey, George, Anthony Rick. We've got at seven eighteen. Greg Galliot will be coming on. I'm not going to tell you a why, but he'll be coming on. It's a fantastic event in the Little Bad Game. So I'm gonna hold that. But let's just get into the first things. First, of course, Cardinal Robert Privos the first from America. It's Pope Leo the fourteen, the two hundred and sixty seventh Pope. We know that the white smoke came billying out of the Roman Sistine Chapel, and we have a new pope, and it's the first American pope. So I just wanted everyone to know. I mean, there's over a billion Catholic members in the church, guys, over a billion, So this is the first. We don't get into religious things. Everyone knows that, but I just wanted to announce it, that's all. I think it's a great accomplishment for the first American and I hope that he can represent the role to the best of his ability. That's all I can say. George, you got anything, and you have anything of y'all do? Shoot, no, I'm good, yeah, exactly. So anyway, so guys, now here's important George, it's funny that you haven't come on saying it. But have you talked to Bill Button lately? Huh? Okay. He sent out that he wanted us to make sure we put out that we know the late Great Henry Bacon passed on March the twentieth years. We spoke about George his services. So, guys, is tomorrow. It's tomorrow at eleven o'clock May the tenth, at eleven am at Mount Olive Baptist Church. So he wanted me to make sure I got that out, George. So I wanted to.
Speaker 2: Write, Yeah, I know that, I know that was and I'm glad you did that. Jack. Yeah, we want to.
Speaker 1: Make sure everyone knows Henry Bacon, Jim Price, Henry Bacon, coach Crumb's first rate guard duo, both for players, I mean Indianapolis Louisville boys. I mean I know them both well. When, of course, is my relatives, George will know. George, you're still sick. And I thought I brought Jim Price from the back of the room during the Wine Wheats press conference, and something in the front row says, here you go with that nepotism stuff. You know who that was? It was sick.
Speaker 2: George. Who was that?
Speaker 1: George?
Speaker 2: Man? That was not mean? Jed with the guy behind me. It was a gay behad me man. I tried to tell him, we don't play that on our show. We don't do at all. Man didn't bring nobody else up. Johnson was all the other players. But who you bring up your cousin? I'm just saying, but I didn't say that, but ja waight up, way up?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: Lets just recognized him. You pointed at it over here, Wade Houston.
Speaker 1: George was Henry Bacon and Jim Oh yeah, boys, what was that about? Two grown men? Anthony Built liked in sixty man?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, Henry Bacon's cast was as big as my thighs.
Speaker 1: And no, seriously, Anthony, I know it looks like baseball betch.
Speaker 2: Look like baseball betch.
Speaker 1: And he was a grown man from Male High School and your uncle Kerry defeated them their senior year. You know, Seneca beat them, George, and it was a great.
Speaker 2: Any time about Seneca Central Male that you know that was a Robbie. Any could lose that. Don't how good their team was, because when you came in that game, you had to be totally prepared.
Speaker 1: George, be honest. Now, let's be honest to mile radius for that. Who on the right side of Newburgh Road Thomas Jefferson And even though the western sel went to Seneca, but after Thomas Jefferson was built, George, the right side went to Thomas Jefferson. The white left side of Newburgh Road went to Seneca. George, if you just took the Newburgh Gary, just Newburgh City.
Speaker 2: Right, you're right, George, Wayne, You're right.
Speaker 1: And then George, Hi, guys.
Speaker 2: Can't complain it all Jah, Seneca'll be glad that they dance. Send the TJ boy that way because the t J that got all the players in the Newburgh Yeah, whoa, my goodness, Yeah that was that was a bad program man. Yeah, you know, I mean it's good a circle where we remember t J even more and there was was that before.
Speaker 1: Yes, we have to do a show on that area, just that maland have two mile radius of the players in the sixties that came Anthony. We had guys that were the second black athletes at Cincinnati, David Cosmer sitting next to him at church, and we're talking about stars. Mike Red was ever played with. He played pro and he played with ear of the pelman role. Elvin Hayes Mike Read his high school teammate he said was the best player he ever played with. I mean give me.
Speaker 2: Roy Simpson, absolutely no.
Speaker 1: I love Roy lives.
Speaker 2: The baddest ever came out that he didn't.
Speaker 1: Get recognized that, George, you know Bob McAdoo told Butch Beard. Yeah, Jerry Willis Reid, the best player on his college team was not Bob McAdoo. It was Roy Simpson for towards me up, yes, and.
Speaker 2: I know you're telling the truth. Juse. Bill Butler told me the same thing because that team might think he played on and then the fans they had six college junior college All Americans, six freshmen college All Americans, and then Bill Butler second year they went undefeated and won't that in the championship, and the other year that they won't back to back championships.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: So I meant three poles on that team, Jase three polls on Walker three.
Speaker 1: Yes, Absolutely so, guys. Henry Bacon's service will be tomorrow eleven am. I can't make it, Georgia. I've got the Simmons graduation at eleven I've got my sens wedding at five. I can't make it tomorrow, but I wanted to make sure we got that out. Guys, no question. Right now, before we have Greg Galliot calling in for another special announcement, we've got to talk about Damian Lee, Michelle Lee, Damien. Some mother called me two days ago and gave me a hard time. But of course coming back on the show like everybody else, annual. George, you know it, what is it? Just my personality.
Speaker 2: I'm just so loved Jerry. I tend to agree with I agree with you. That's your personality. But the love part, you can kind of go slow on that part. Okay, hold on, you can't say your personality stepping boy. You ain't no good. It ain't no good.
Speaker 3: I ain't got nothing to do with that.
Speaker 2: An go anywhere to win him out, man, he would go to the no depth to wear out for that boy to win the argument out. He might show him. But I know he loved me. But it's a different kind of love that we're talking about on the show love. We're talking about the show love, not daddy love. Okay, you trying to throw the boy in the bunch, you got you put him in a hard place. George.
Speaker 1: That's what George. You know, my dad used to call me. He says, your going, I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to say it on the radio. Your go from.
Speaker 1: I'm like for what he says, You're here to go get things. That's what he told me, just for real, Like.
Speaker 2: He plays the pimps and what you don't your daddy tell you the same thing? Hey, son, I played the bill, Go get until you're playing your own bills. Head, you're going getting everything? Did he go get the linemore, go get the bags?
Speaker 1: What about it? And you said no?
Speaker 3: Like why I'm trying to throw all my business on the street. I'm keeping the.
Speaker 2: Street over here. I forgot you got a fan. I forgot you got a fan because we don't have no fans, George.
Speaker 1: When you have your hair, I'm bald, I have no fan. All right, guys, Look, so we're going Damien Lee's fourth golf outings August fourth. I think it's twelve hundred dollars a team. So let's make sure that we do what we can do to help support that. He will be coming on, Damien Lee will be calling, and so we have a lot of fun. Last year Frank Anthony.
Speaker 2: I know not.
Speaker 1: Anthony wasn't there. Frank Damon and I played a few hoes. You know. I was talking junk to both of them. They're both much better than I am.
Speaker 2: George, but jed everybody and I got too, George.
Speaker 1: I won't move up.
Speaker 2: That's why you keep getting drugs.
Speaker 1: Getting keep getting drug George man exactly. They said, well why do you do it? I said, well, at least I'm trying to play from the big boy tease. So I'm not old, George. I'm just trying not to get old.
Speaker 2: I don't care about I get happy. I'm happy. Don't be hit to mile.
Speaker 1: I forget you, George, Thank you. We'll come and find you, Anthony, George Williams. It's seven sixteen. Hopefully when we come back, we'll have the one and only Greg Elliott, who is a left handed golfer just like myself. Hits it straight, though, hits it straight, and he's gonna talk a little bit about.
Speaker 2: What I'm surprised, George.
Speaker 1: You don't know what's going on tonight, but you better be there tonight. It's gonna be a big night at the Bat's game. Esports Radio guys will be back after the break. Welcome back to Eves Sports Radio seven twenty on May the ninth, twenty twenty five. It's Friday, it's gonna be a beautiful day. The sun's out. It's just a little crisp, a little crisp. It's windy and cold. I'm not gonna lie to you. It's forty something degrees. I'm sick of it. It's cold. But we got a special guest on, George Anthony. You know what before I bring this guy, and I'm gonna be honest. Guys, when you say a person has done everything, I want you all to listen to this because this gentleman, Greg Elliot that I'm getting ready to introduce, has, legitimately when it comes to the Louisville Bats, done everything. Louisville native, he went to Eastern and I drugging, but don't say anything. Don't tell him that joined the Louisville Redbird's front office a he sales intern in nineteen eighty four. Has served as a team public address announcer. He's got a great voice. George ticket manager, he can sell anything, snow to ESK, Himo sales manager, Promotion director, marketing director, prior to his promotion to the Bat Senior Leadership team. Greg Gaalihad has been named senior vice president twenty thirteen, elevated to president in twenty twenty. George, He's a Louisville grad nineteen eighty three. He ran track. He was running for me, George, I've always been trying to do. What an accomplishment this guy chief cook and bottle washer. He's earned his position. Guys, some people are given Greg galliad, welcome to the sports radios. Job well done. Also, Greg, you've done a fantastic job. How are you doing today?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 4: But you forgot to mention I'm also the caddy for Jerry Eaves. I have to go to Creavor's balls for it.
Speaker 1: I wasn't gonna tell people that I was gonna leave that alone.
Speaker 3: Well, you already put me down.
Speaker 4: You set up from Eastern, You're from Ballard, so we know that's gonna play out.
Speaker 1: You know the Tears system works around here, George knows. George tell him about the Tears.
Speaker 2: System of all time, Lobo Central High. I'm my fault.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I thought you had the Tears system. I thought you had the Tar system. Jack. I was just playing at the number one school of all time. I'm trying, Anthony, Where are you, Anthony?
Speaker 1: It's four of us. Where are you, Anthony? Where do you staying?
Speaker 3: I'm here over here in this dentil is about one week from being shut down.
Speaker 2: All right, And you were just you were just born to late and the other guy on the radio about Central Baby boy, that's true.
Speaker 1: He was born to the other.
Speaker 2: Guy on the radio and.
Speaker 4: Yellow and blackball when I was going through.
Speaker 2: I mean you were born to that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you wasn't around with real ball with baby. We won't go in there. We got Greg here, we.
Speaker 1: Got Greg, So, Greg tell us tonight, what's going on? Let me just and I've got to do this. We got Roger Burton, Marty Pully, Greg Gooser, Charles Jones, Lancaster Gordon, Judge Wibb, Philip Bond, Robbie Valentine, Chris West, Milt Wagner, Tony Williams, Jim Price. You've got everybody out. What's going on? What is going on tonight?
Speaker 4: Well, first and foremost, Coach Crumb was such a special person. Obviously everybody knows that, especially to the Louisville Bats and Louisville Redbirds organizations as I've been there, and I mean there was always never a time I could just reach out and ask him for a favor, and he graciously, without even hesitating, take care of it. So much so that he would have our players over to his home on Saturday mornings when our team was at home and let them fish in his private pond. And while our guys are out there fishing, basically pulling a fish out about every three seconds because Coach Crumb's pond was so well stocked, I mean you could basically walk up to it, whistle and a fish would jump out. He'd take my twins and take them into his entertainment room and put on cartoons on the giant screen and start making them breakfast. I mean, that's just the kind of guy Coach Crumb was, so he'd meant a lot to us, and I thought, this, what we're doing tonight would be a special way to kind of say thank you. And we've created a unbelievable Denny Crumb bobblehead that folks can get by either being a Bats season ticket holder, whether you're a full season ticket holder onto a five game season ticket hold, or you can buy to special ticket package or ticket that we have available for tonight, where it's you get tonight's game ticket plush, you guarantee yourself one of these really attractive Denny Crumb bobbleheads. So we've really had a strong sale on this. We only have a few lefts. So if you're listening to my voice and you want to come tonight and guarantee yourself one of these heads, just go to the website of bats Baseball, which is batspaseball dot com and you can go on there and purchase a ticket for tonight, which will guarantee you an opportunity to get this bibblehead. Plus, as you mentioned, from six to six thirty this evening, we have a special autograph session with the players you mentioned, and that'll take place down in the right field corner right across in the kids playground down there. And to cap things off, we're going to have coach Crumb's wife, Susan Sweeney Crumb. She's going to be on the field pregame tossing out a ceremonial pitch with all these players around her. So that should make for a great photo up and again we're just looking forward to this and we're calling at U of l night, and I hope everybody that is passionate about cardination comes out tonight to not only see these folks but also cheer on the Louisville Bats.
Speaker 1: There's no question, George Susan Sweeney Crumb was at my press conference. Should going in for Coach Crumb. Coach Crumb would do anything for anybody. I mean that you and the breakfast is that you were talking about. He used to cook them for Anthony. Anthony, do you remember when Coach Crumb used to cook you and Frankie breakfasts. They'd be running around his pool, his indoor pool where the bear used to be screaming at the bear and run back out. So I used to say, any boys, boys, sit down, and Coach used to tell me leave them boys alone. And he cooked the same pancakes.
Speaker 2: Do you remember, Anthony, I don't remember that at all, because you're too young.
Speaker 1: You're going that's why you were scared of the bear. You had to ask your brother. Your mother knows, but you know, let's be honest, for Anthony, I worked for Coach Crumb ninety seven, ninety eight, ninety nine, So Anthony, you were truly held three about that. So yes, so he was.
Speaker 2: He was, Man, you can't remember Anthony, Come on, man, that bear scared and George that bear scared.
Speaker 1: So so how did they get down to get the autographs? And everyone knows I can't be there. I'll be at my Suns rehearsal dinner. I would be there. I would be there.
Speaker 4: Congratulations by the way on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no question. So tell me six point thirty is signature? The game starts at seven? Is that correct?
Speaker 4: Game time seven to fifteen, gates open at six, and the autograph session will start at six and go till six thirty. And as long as you have a game ticket for tonight the autograph session you can partake in and take part in. So again, we've had a really strong pre sale, so we're looking forward to a really good crowd the night. We're gonna have fireworks after the game to night thanks to our friends over at Burke Accounting and also of course being Friday Nights. Every Friday night at Sluggerfield this year we have our game time Happy Hour, which means as soon as gates open until last call in the middle of the eighth inning. It's three dollars cours light and Miller like cans. And also we have our six dollar margarita Madness every Friday night, so we'll have six dollars margaritas tonight made with Number one tequila. So if there's a lot going on tonight and wh as you mentioned, it is fabulous, a little cool, but it will be a very comfortable evening to be at the ballpark and we're looking forward to a great crowd.
Speaker 1: Greg, No, we appreciate it. George. You're gonna try to make it out, Georgia. You busy tonight?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am, Greg. If I'm a call down and get a prester convention, Greg, I love to be the other night. We would love to have you.
Speaker 4: And once again, folks that are listening, if you can help Jerry get his golf handicapped down, please send in any kind of golf tips you might find on YouTube, because I'm gonna get him out on the golf course here in the near future.
Speaker 2: Hey, Greg. And I also say he's a big bobble here when he's out of a golf course, isn't he.
Speaker 4: That's all right, I tell you, George, he's gonna hit me up for those on deck seats.
Speaker 5: I can tell you, Oh you know, that.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, and some food and some food and some food.
Speaker 1: Oh's free to George. I can't wait to put.
Speaker 2: You're in the hole. You're in the hole.
Speaker 4: Hey, this is what Ballard people do. They just beat off other people, especially like the Eastern people.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was pretty good. That was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Did you beat Eastern every time you played them? Be honest, you beat him every time you played them?
Speaker 3: You asking if I beat him every time?
Speaker 2: Yes, yep, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Went under the against Eastern.
Speaker 2: And that's all I want to say.
Speaker 3: And every other in every other team in the state, m.
Speaker 4: Undefeated against Jerry Eaves on the golf course, and I'm gonna keep taking his.
Speaker 2: Money and under see it against Central uh and and feed against Central, underfeed against Central Jerry.
Speaker 1: Now they got me in my freshman year, Lenora Crooke dipped on me something big convention. Old Bob Miller was thrown in our balls, no question, but we had our day. We did get them.
Speaker 2: But no, I I just wanted to realize how good sense it will.
Speaker 4: No, didn't sixty eleven, didn't Crook go for eighty one in high school?
Speaker 2: And again that was God.
Speaker 1: That was That was Wayne Gold was Gold one of them did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were both. They were both dynamic players. Though.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes he went into the Kentucky Hall of Fame with me. Greg, Wayne Golden six sixth scoring.
Speaker 2: Users right down there, that's for sure. Rights out, Greg.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you. I know you're busy. Get back to work, and thank you for coming on the sports radio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, have full with your family tonight.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, no question.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Greg galliad seven Hit me, George, hit me?
Speaker 2: What do you want? No, I just I just wanted to say it, and I appreciate you. Know, Jay, you know, because we've been close about last five or six years. Just let me know your son getting married. I'm glad just the way I heard about it. George, you like that, George, Well, y'all getting those great invitations.
Speaker 1: I mean people people have asked me who's his best man, Anthony, who's Frankie's best man? I know, George, I just show up for things a good places man.
Speaker 2: It's me, That's what I know, and I can't George.
Speaker 1: Ye, all I know is they tell me where to be, when to be there.
Speaker 2: That's all I know that. Yeah, you're kind of like, well you do follow the directions. Well, I've watched that had you chained well, and so you know, I just I'll see you sing, pick me up, and I'll tell you where we're going as we're getting the cap. George.
Speaker 1: The house is full of people, That's all I can tell you.
Speaker 2: The house, Oh my goodness, you know them.
Speaker 1: They're off sheets friends, but I do know them.
Speaker 2: Okay, just check it, just check it.
Speaker 1: Just check it. Seven thirty one.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: You know we're gonna come back with some basketball stuff and some interesting things are happening in the A c C. Again. I have the only issue that Cardinal fans have with Jerry Eaves is that they think that I'm negative. But I tell them the truth.
Speaker 2: So when we come back, they're gonna be again.
Speaker 1: George, I don't know, George, because you know what, like the beginning of my show, sometimes they watch well, George, this is so funny. Wait till after the break, guys, I'm gonna read to you all the Curier Journal interpretation of what happened and the National news interpretation. I'm gonna read them both to you because they won't tell my friends the truth here all the time. Eve Sports Radio will be back after the break. Welcome back to Eves Sports Radio seven thirty six, May the ninth, twenty twenty five. It's Friday. I've got the one and only George Williams, the one and only Anthony Eves and all our friends. Now, guys, this is what I've been telling you all for ten years. This is what has gotten me in trouble. George. I'm going to rea verbatim verbatim. When I got off the internet, National News, and when I got out of the Curier Journal, I want you all to hear it. I'm gonna let little Anthony be first, Georgia. I'll let you shut it down after that, because we got a caller on the George that can't wait to speak with you. Book. We'll talk about that in a second. But i want people to understand. Listen to the wording. Words mean things, people. And I've read this newspaper. I've read to you all things out of National News because words means things, and sometimes they won't give you this true skinny. So here's the deal. And today's Courier front page it's talking about Louisville and it's scheduling, it's coming together, just like we spoke about Kentucky's yesterday George, we went all through Kentucky's schedule. Great, no problem. Last night on national news, I told Anthony, Oh, something's going on with the a SEC scheduling. I'm not gonna say yet.
Speaker 2: This is last night.
Speaker 1: I was reading it. Then I get the paper today and I start to read the Cure Journal. I said, it's got to be in here because it came out early yesterday. ACC basketball schedule change. Leagues moves to eighteen game slate. I'm reading you out verbatim, and when you are to listen to how things are given to you locally compared to nationally, The ACC is moving back to an eighteen game conference schedule. Commissioner Jim Phillips said the changes the direct result of our ongoing strategic review and analysts and to provide our schools a better balance of non conference and conference games while also allowing them more anonymity and the scheduling process. Okay, under the new format, SEC teams have been assigned a primary partner, Louisville is SMU. Okay, so they gave it to you that they're moving back to games. George. It's a little more flexibility non conference and conference games, more anonymity, Okay, here's national. I'm reading this verbatim. The Atlantic Coast Conference is hoping it's men's basketball program trades two fewer league games for Marquee non conference matchups in the effort to reverse the dwelling hall of NCAA tournament bids. The league announced Winsday it is reducing from twenty men's games basketball scheduled at eighteen. The change comes from Conference Jim Phillips spoke about spending the past two season examining the condrum of ACC getting fewer bids. George Anthony, do you see what I mean? So at George, I'm gonna let you shut it down. But Anthony, do you see what I've been trying to tell people. The Courier Journal and National News Jerry's has been telling you your league stinks. So now your league dropped two conference games the best league ten years ago in the country, so they can play Marquee nine conference games. The Louisville just added Memphis. I'm so happy about that.
Speaker 2: They add me too.
Speaker 1: Penya Hardaway come back. I'm glad about that. But George Anthony, Anthony, do you I want you the young one and George out thoort to you second, Anthony, you see and understand now what I tell people and all my listeners the difference between how they give it to you and Louisville. Now, Anthy, what do you think now that you've heard both sides, you've been on the show a while, what do you think were they being deceptive with the curer journal or were they giving you the real skinny?
Speaker 3: I don't know, obviously. I know, let's say a lot of louis fans, even the career journal, I think sometimes we're in denial a little bit. As living in U of L. We won't always say that we're at the top of Mecca, that we're in the best conference in basketball, which we were on.
Speaker 1: It used to be. It used to be, no Anthony, no question. It was not the SEC, it was the ACC. It used to be, but it's not now. There was no question about it in twenty thirteen fourteen when they went in the league, no question, But not now. That's all. So you're right, people are in denial, George Williams, you got to hear it.
Speaker 2: You tell me, well, Jerry, First of all, it starts out when you win fifteen to nineteen games in a row, and it doesn't move you up in the polls. It should tell you a whole lot about what your conference is about and what people think about your conference, you know what I mean. So that's the first thing you should tell you. You should tell you when you got a conference that you got only one team that's in the top tier and you had a conference where, you know, Jerry, for almost twenty years the NCAA Championship ran through that the Big East you know me out of the SEC. So you know, it tells you right there. And now when you're not even on the radar of anybody, you got some of the best talent in the country not going to your conference. I mean you think, I mean you really only team that you can think of really in the ACC this year that had a player that everybody talks about it was Slack and do I mean you know that was your past. Every team in the ACC had a draft pick. You know, you almost thought that what twelve players were going to be coming out of one conference, And now I don't know how many came out, That's what I'm saying. Up until about about seven years ago, you had at least eight coming out, you know, And I mean every year and We talked about it since we've been together. Every year it has gone down and doing them. We kept saying what they're gonna do, what they're gonna do. And you look at the coaching ranks. None of the great coaches in the conference. You know what I mean. It tells you, well, why not. They want to be where they can win. So it just speaks for itself. Jerry, I see why they did that. They had to.
Speaker 1: It does so I've been telling you all, guys, they eliminated two conference games. They have to bolster their non conference schedule. They have to start to play and beat the SEC, the Big Ten, the Big twelve. They have to that's what they have to do. So they eliminated two conference games so that they're not playing the Boston College is. Like sort said, it doesn't help them to be When you win seventeen games in a row, sixteen out of seventeen, and you're still ranked twenty first in the country, it lets you know something has drastically happened to your league. Well, now the commissioner, George has shown everyone he dropped two games in go out and play people.
Speaker 2: We have to Dar, I said, one thing.
Speaker 1: It's about money. Go ahead, go ahead, George.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it tells you another thing. Yeah, the reason that the conference got in the positions that it was when it did play teams outside of the conference. Last year, they got the short I mean, they got the charger. I may it may be a bad move for them. They have to do, I mean, if you think about it, because last year, Yeah, the thing that held them back was outside the conference, and then the inside of the conference schedule. You know, they said you couldn't be nobody outside the conference. And then look at the team. Certain teams they don't win no games in the conference. So it's basically a three horse race the whole year in the ACC.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, Duke Louisville. George. They had to force teams to player and George, and they're going to have to beat those teams or you're That's what I'm saying that, George. You have to You got no choice. The George, the old ACC could maybe shot away, George, they have no choice. Now they got three teams. The ACC had three n CAA tournament bids. At least ever, you're incent were correct. They did not defeat none conference opponents at a high rate. They did not Clemson, and the Kentucky win is one of the very few wins the conference got out of non conference play of a quality opponent. George. They had no choice but to Memphis. Why do y'all think Memphis is here? And I'm glad, I'm so happy they had to go and find quality opponents and play them, George, because playing themselves, Z George, that's awful when playing drop at AC two games to say, go find quality opponents. Guys, I've been telling you all this, but the local media is not again. The ACC is moving back to an eighteen game schedule, Commissioner Jay and the change is a direct result, hode of George of a strategic review and analysts ongoing strategic review and analysts. He's not telling you we got to beat some teams. We're allful. We can't have three bids. That's why. That's the part that I hate about my local news, George. So then when they hear Jerry Eves, they're saying, you're a hater, you wish your kids played at louisvill You you want to be the coach whatever. Yes, I did want all the things. But then when I read the national news to him, uh oh, they give it to you straight. The a SEC Conference is hoping it's men's basketball program trades two fewer league games for Marquee non conference matchups in the effort to reverse the dwelling halls of NCAA tournament bids.
Speaker 2: You know, Jerry, all that you said, you know, the big word that came out, hope, hope, hope for that, I mean for commence, the bigger than c J. Come on, think about that. They gotta say stuff like and then what made it also bad? Jay? Even watching the game they accomplished, you knew it was bad, you know. You you watch some of the teams play man, and one week they look like the house on fire. Next week they come and play a team that was worse the team that played the week before and loose. Yes, how did that work?
Speaker 1: It is? Well, it worked because the old Notre Dame of Digger Phelps is not the Notre Dame of today. That's oh nope, George, I mean the old North Carolina of the old days, Phil Forward is not the North Carolina of today. The NC State of the n C champions is not the state of today. George Seria with Jim Bayhive is not the Carmelo Anthony. They are not getting the dynamic players. That's bottom line. So guys, we're gonna go to break seven forty six. When we come back, we a telephone call that wants to talk to George Williams after the Bruks. Talk to you in a minute. Welcome back to Eves Sports Radio seven fifty George Williams, Anthony Eves And again I'm gonna let it go. Then we're gonna bring on our caller for George Anthony. But I want people to hear the Curier journal better balance of non conference and conference games will also allowing them more autonomy and the scheduling process. National News two fewer league games for Marquee non conference matchups in the effort first the dwindling hall of NCAA tournament bids. That's all I wanted to tell people. If you read the Courier, you would believe. Okay, they just want to give them more opportunities. Know what they're telling them is go get real games and beat them because we can't have three teams and we're awful. We stink. So George, I got a caller wain for you, wait for you. He's gonna eat but he's gonna eat you about so, and I trying to.
Speaker 2: Get him out of jail too. Try to get him out in jail too. A morning.
Speaker 5: Thanks so much for taking my call. I'm gonna make a short and simple mister Eves. I'm very disappointed with you. Okay, let me tell you why I am so disappointed with you. Your show has been horrible, terrible. I don't even listen to your show anymore, because that's why I brought you on. You have to there has to be some sort of entertainment, mister miss I almost called you, mister Finebaum. Please, I think guys are running. I know you guys are running on time, mister Eves. You know you need to do a dream show one time only, six pm month Friday night.
Speaker 2: How are out?
Speaker 5: Everybody would call the show six to seven thirty and we just have a little fun and I have some work to do. So your tribal chief is going to hang up and I'm gonna say this, haters, you're not even in my league. Roll ac roll hollow.
Speaker 2: He said about me Ja after honest, you don't try to George.
Speaker 1: Sen me the email last night. This is Jerry.
Speaker 2: I gotta leave, man.
Speaker 1: You just born me. I said, well, Ac, you've been boring me for years, but I still let you come on.
Speaker 2: As you.
Speaker 1: He says, you know what, I need them to compete against me, the chief, I said, Ac, if I could put you in a crowd, they would hang you. It'd be a lynch mob. I have to keep them away from you.
Speaker 2: Oh, he said, that's a.
Speaker 1: He's one and only George. He's the one George you've got. Chuck Burn is going to the G League. I've seen that, which is the ninth through the eleventh. If he plays well, he can advance to the Big Boy to the real league camp both of them held in Chicago. So let's wish.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the best you think he does.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: That's a odd one, Jerry. I mean, you know, you know then of Coase. You know, it depends on what team picks you and for what needs they need, you know what I mean. I think he's outstanding, smart point guard, but you know, I think his size will hurt him, you know what I mean. And his speed I think it's side and the speed may hurt him. And so I don't know what that means if he'll going not Jerry, but I think he has some skills. I think he had a great season. I think he will continue to play ball somewhere, but I don't know if it'll be in the big league, you know, but I think he will complete to play, but I don't know if he did not to nothing but the best.
Speaker 1: Great change of pace player, right, very good at backing players down in college. But that's not happening in the pros. That's not understand that's not even an issue. He'll never back down another player other than when he was playing in college.
Speaker 2: So we have to see how his game more and getting posted up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'll be posting him up that he'll find out.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, size and speed in the league. So George, I'm I'm kind of interested in watching it.
Speaker 2: But this year, George, you know, Jerry, Jerry attended a small guard in the NBA is about sixty three and Chucky is about maybe six foot maybe six foot okay, yeah, so yeah, yeah, well he's got his hands for he just needs to work off, put his head down and just go for what you know. You know, you get an opportunity, that's all you should have an answer. You're gett an opportunity, So make the best of the opportunity. And you've had a great career, so you know, none but the best. And he got his paper, so go ahead and enjoy life. But I'm glad you got your chance.
Speaker 1: We're going to do a lot next week the draft. Cooper Flag Duke one, you got.
Speaker 2: I like that, young man.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do too. But as I continue to look, because we're in Louisville and we're a CEC country here in George, there's not another a SEC player to be drafted the other Yes, the the Duke center is supposed to be drafted in the first round. George. That not one other player on the a SEC is supposed to go in the first round. I see it.
Speaker 2: And now come off one team, he rode, and now come up one team, one team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Duke's got three.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, but that's it.
Speaker 1: There's not another a CEC team that as a player and said they're going in the first round pre draft. We're not saying this is correct. They've got Now look I'm looking at the Row who's at Arkansas. They got him twenty sixth and Anthony Walter C.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh I love the Row, Yes, no question, I love Clayton. I mean he's a big shot man.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but I'm amazing.
Speaker 1: And they I can't believe it, George, I asked Anthony. I just I don't get it. I just don't get it. I don't know what the kid had to do other than that ball comes out of his hands like Darryl Griffith. He's got the softest jump shot in the world. But George, no, it.
Speaker 2: Must be off court, must be personality or something's happy, something else he's doing to tak him that low, I know.
Speaker 1: And then we've got Proctor is number fifty. He's also a duke product. That's four guys, acc go get some real players, some draftable players, and bring yourself back to relevancy. That's all.
Speaker 2: That's the bottom line. That's what has to happen.
Speaker 1: All a SEC teams have to do with University of Louisville did this year. They got to turn it around. They got to start winning. So guys, have a great weekend. George, have fun tonight all right there at the Bats game.
Speaker 2: But anyway, and Henry Bacon's to Henry Bacon soon is gonna be the mondity quick.
Speaker 1: Let me find it, Let me find it. George, let me get back to it. His funerals had Mount Olive Baptist. He love am a mount All the Baptist Church guys, you have a great weekend. We'll talk to you all tomorrow. On Tomorrow, I'm crazy Monday, Bye bye