Speaker 1: Jay Dyer and the coaching Castle with the peppermint rims, tripping on that candy coat.
Speaker 2: Candy coating on them rims.
Speaker 1: You can lick it, ah, get yourself a high dog.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: We're just talking about riff Raff. Riffraff, the uh, the ultimate Millennial.
Speaker 2: I got my, I got my my.
Speaker 1: My rims is coated and cramel so you could lick it and get yourself a hide.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody, Well we got we got a special episode today. We're doing a little movie movie review esoteric analysis. Jay's gonna be doing the whole stream in character as riff Raff, So that's.
Speaker 1: What's not How y'all doing pepper mint stripes on these bitches only with hose who like got and Gabina.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying. How y'all doing today?
Speaker 3: Got that scar face scarface on repeat, y'all? B Box says boomer and millennial analyzed movie Sign of Peace between Generations.
Speaker 2: Except I'm not a bloomer, but I can dress like one.
Speaker 3: You can dress like when you've got that Look at that hat, man, I think you got that hat especially for this occasion.
Speaker 2: I did, I need to do it like that to do this analysis right, the bill's got to be flat. Yeah, like y'all, Don millennials with that don flat bill. What's y'all with you today? How y'all do? I could tell like Gucci Man too, though, tell like Gucci Man. He went in the movie.
Speaker 3: Gucci Man, he was, He was great. I think he got an Academy Award for his performance in spring Breakers.
Speaker 2: Gucci Man was having a little bit of struggle with that acting, wasn't he my.
Speaker 3: Baby need to eat my baby stuff? And y'all it's got like pounds of weed in front.
Speaker 1: Of him, pounds of weed. And he was like, uh, I brought you up. I brought you up on the streets. I taught you to gang and now you're getting too big for your bridges.
Speaker 3: You don't know we're talking about We're talking about two movies today. This is kind of in line with the theme of the social engineering of the millennial. Jay and I we both watched two movies that they got a lot in common, also very different films, Beneath the Silver Lake and spring Breakers. So maybe we should talk about Beneath the Silver Lake first, because I was just reviewing some clips of that. Let's see, I've got I had some screenshots. I'll throw some screenshots up as we go. But that's a film that's got Andrew Garfield, the guy who played like the young millennial spider Man a few years back.
Speaker 4: How does it?
Speaker 3: I remember? It starts out in like a Starbucks, right, or some sort of a coffee shop, which is kind of the perfect millennial meeting place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's a very strange film. It's a satire, dark satire, comedy, conspiracy movie. A lot of throwbacks to Hitchcock neo noir, a lot of throwbacks to old Hollywood Silver age Hollywood, gold age Hollywood. And we begin by seeing this coffee shop, all the hipsters hanging out, and there's there's graffiti that's been painted on the wall about watch out for the dog Killer. So dogs are being killed. We don't know why. What's going on here. Animals and dogs pop up all throughout the film. They have all of these sort of mystical significances. They're almost like totem spirits that keep popping up in in and out.
Speaker 3: Well, the first one that you actually see is a dead squirrel right, there's this dead from the sky.
Speaker 2: Almost like an hour there's this open right, so that the movie starts with this sort of dark omen of this dead squirrel. It just sort of pops out of the sky in front of him, and from then on we know something some shady's about to be going on. But let's see what I had in my notes here. I got a bunch of notes on this one. So the first the omen of the dead squirrel, that was my first note. There's a band playing and we see an ad for this Jesus in the Brides of Dracula band. So there's this weird mix of pop culture with religious symbol.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And it could be that could be any pop band, right, it could just be a cut and paste of any of the ship pop bands. And that's that's interesting because the lead singer of this pop band is going to be immediately associated with shit. Did you notice that?
Speaker 3: You know what? I actually didn't notice that they associate him with shit. I've got the screenshot pulled up right now. Jesus in the Brides of Dracula East La resurrected or never Dead, and it's this guy like Steven Tyler looking dude with his shirt off and some chicks dressed as like satanic nuns surrounding him.
Speaker 2: So there's that there's a really disgusting scene where he when Andrew Garfield finally tracks that guy down to ask him some questions about the lyrics, and he sneaks into the bathroom and throws the dude off the toilet and you see this big pile of shit right next to the guy.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: So that's a double reference both to John Rowski's film where the Jesus character takes a poop, which is you know, uh, was done intentionally I think by Jowarowski to lampoon Christianity. But at the same time, there's also the the idea that the singer is essentially Shitty's he's not he doesn't have talent, and as we'll see it kind of jobs with the Dave mcgallan type research that that this band is really just a front, like they get their real songs aren't even written by them. They're just a cut and paste, you know, product, And this.
Speaker 3: Later onto the film that they didn't write any of the songs.
Speaker 2: Getting kind of myself.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, I don't want to. I don't want to blow that scene yet because we'll talk about that a little bit later. So, yeah, so Jesus and the brides, and then the guy goes home and he's a he's sitting on his porch and he's got his cell phone, a cigarette, and some binoculars and he's checking out some.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's clearizing his hippie, open tittied neighbor who is feeding her birds. She's got a basically a zoo of birds on her balcony and feeding them bare breasted. Uh. And then he spy as the babe, right, the younger chick, and she's out by the pool dancing mystically, just dancing by herself for no reason, with her puppy dog. And so he starts, you know, thinking, all right, I'm gonna go for that. I'm gonna I'm gonna spit some game at her. I'm trying to think how he first meets her. I think he just kind of smiles at her, and she sees him voyeurizing. And so these are immediate references to rear Window Hitchcock, because you know, there's Jimmy Stewart characters broken. He's broken his leg, he's stuck in his apartment, so all he has to do all day is just basically watch all the other people in the apartments, and he gets into voyeurism. So that's a very Hitchcockian theme, the whole surveillance stuff. Let's see. He then max on the chick, right, so he bumps into her. He starts talking to her. She says, hey, come over. They smoke some weed. They watch an old movie, marily Monroe.
Speaker 3: Movie, and she's kind of dressed up as like a film noir, like the classic film noir fem fatale kind of chick.
Speaker 2: Who exactly she's the femme fatal exactly. Good point. Yeah, and the movie is relevant too, because I actually watched I'd never seen it, believe it or not, a Marilyn Monroe movie. I tell Jamie was like, hey, we should we should watch the movie that they're watching. And they're watching How to.
Speaker 3: Marry a Millionaire Mary a Millionaire? Uh huh.
Speaker 2: So that should have been a clue right away that this bitch is a thought dude. She ain't after your low level la apartment, She's after big money, right, And.
Speaker 3: Did you notice that they have she has statues of Marilyn Monroe, James Jane Mansfield and whoever that other woman is did you see that there's like code written underneath it, So there's a on the statues underneath it, there's like a card that will say Marilyn and then it'll have underneath it. It had some strange alphabet like some upside down te and some other symbols looked almost like English, but they were written in code. I didn't notice that till I was going through it right now taking out screenshots.
Speaker 2: No, I missed that. So so she was already kind of learning to speak in the code cipher speak that the Elite.
Speaker 3: U is basically, yeah, so I've got I've got the screen shot pulled up right now on this on this one, and it's yeah, it's the same cipher type language that James Garfield's character kind of discovers later on. I didn't know that until I didn't notice that.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that is interesting. So she she's basically trying to learn it. And then that's why when she leaves the apartment suddenly in the middle of the night, she leaves that symbol right mm hmm, yep, right, which is like two diamonds on their sides.
Speaker 3: Basically yeah, and he doesn't know what any means. He goes trying to figure out what this symbol means.
Speaker 2: Right, and so at the same time as all that's going down, he and he notices this weird pirate guy at her at her hanging out her apartment, some some idiot hipster that dresses up like a pirate. Yeah, and he's like, who is that fucking weird dude? And he's like, why are all your friends so weird? And at the same time, keep in mind too, he can't pay his rent, so he's having he's overdoing his rent. He can't pay his rent. He goes to the landlord. He's like, why did this chick move out in the middle of the night. The Landlord's like, because she wanted to move And he's like, yeah, but in the middle of the night. And he's like she moves she didn't like you get over it, and he's like, pay your rent. So this is an interesting because conspiracy theorists, right, they're always portrayed as the guys who can't pay the rent. They get obsessed with the conspiracy. Uh you know they have the strands of yarn all over the apartment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, nothing going on in their life other than just this obsessive compulsive behavior, get conspiracizing everything in the world, and he doesn't necessarily fit all of those stereotypes, but he touches on him a little bit, right, He's like, he's got his the shallow.
Speaker 2: Well, he's gonna if you remember his buddy who he meets, who's the comic book artist, is the conspiracy theoris who's way down the rabbit hole. And he thinks that guy is a nutball, Like he's like, this guy's crazy. But as the film progresses, he starts going down that rabbit hole. Right.
Speaker 3: So, and what's interesting is that the whole rabbit hole is like it's laid out so that it can lead the character progressively down his little you know, heroes journey of degeneracy and pop culture masturbatory, you know existence, you know, it's you know, he sees where where did he first see in a comic book or something it said that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he notices that his favorite favorite comic book has this artist has put out this comic about the Silver Lake and murders in the past, uh related to Hollywood in relationship to this lake that's that's near where he lives. So anyway, so basically he tracks down, Yeah, the the artist, but he also notice of too. This is two other points that so in the in the first chick's apartment, we see hearts and butterflies, which is imagery of like transformation, also sometimes connected to mind control. She sees fireworks and goes into a trance such like she's mesmerized by fireworks at one bizarre. So he doesn't understand what's up with this chick. She seems crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's watching her almost as if she's a television screen too. Right, look the way he interacts with her. And even though they you know, they have I don't think. I guess they don't have sex, but they kiss or something, right, or they they have something.
Speaker 2: He wants to He thinks he's gonna get laid. And then she's like, oh, sorry, I gotta go, and you need to go. We'll hang out some other time. And he's like, uh. And they're eating crackers because they're stoned.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they're they're having orange juice and like saltine crackers. Right, It's funny all the food culture in this movie. It's all fast food or you know, prepackaged crap. But then they're drinking like expensive drinks at these parties. And stuff, right, and then just you know, trash food but expensive liquor.
Speaker 2: Good point. Yeah, I didn't even think about that, but yeah, but there's also kind of like he's interacting with these higher level, higher classes and much wealthier people, so people out of his leg. Now, he's not a broke his money. He has some money, right, because he calls his mom. She's supporting him. So that's another kind of millennial thing, like he doesn't have a job, but his mom is sending him money for some reason. We don't know why.
Speaker 3: Right. And then I like that scene actually when he's talking on the phone with his mom and he has no respect for her at all. Right, he's got a cigarette in his mouth, he's basically jerking off with binoculars, spying on his neighbors and just like yeah, mom, whatever, whatever, whatever, I love you. So I mean, and it's such a typical generational divide that's represented there with millennials. Right, just mom, dad, give me money so I can buy drugs, and yeah, pay my rent.
Speaker 2: That's a great point. And yeah, and basically just you know, screw around, watch porn, you know, play video games, be nigh realistic, basically udonistic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hedonism is a major theme in both of these films. And that one chick that he meets later, well, we'll talk about this later. Go ahead. It seems like you've got a really good outline right now of the film.
Speaker 2: So uh, let's see. So so we he notices too, this weird news clip of a billionaire who has supposedly died or gone missing, and he has a TV show and he wasn't just a billionaire who's also a kind of evil can evil you know, super Dave type character who I don't know, did some kind of jumps over buses and shit. But he's gone missing or he's kidnapped, we don't know. So he puts that in the back of his mind. He doesn't know what's going on yet, but it's probably connected. If you look at the films, and if you look at his posters, they're all old Hollywood. So his apartment is full of old movie posters, everything from Wolfman to Hitchcock to to all kinds of classic Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Then let's see, Well, he's got the he's got the faces on the wall to the plaster cast.
Speaker 2: Face that was the conspiracy theorist.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, no, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, but I'm just saying you're right though that when you were talking about him interacting with her almost like she's on a TV screen. He sees it that way. It's because he's he's viewing the world like it's a movie. Like it's like it's a virtual you know, Hollywood presentation, something like a video game. The movie itself is like a video game quest basically, hence the Zelder references later on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also he wears, you know, his video game shirt. Right, He's got a shirt and it's a character swimming in the water and there's a shark underneath. I think that's what the shirt is. There's a shark underneath it. And then it says, you know, one hundred points on the person that's swimming across ah across the top, you know, he's just about to be consumed by this creature that lurks beneath.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well that's see. Now you've noticed a whole bunch of things. I didn't even notice, and I gave it two viewings and still missed quite a bit of the references, so that there's a lot here. Uh, let's see, I've got to notice says silver Lake A it was an old silent film studio. So it goes there's this ghostly pass back to the to the early days of Hollywood. Uh, and then he's he's he's reading his comic book and the comic books based around these murders that happened a long time ago, and there's a reference to it said this phrase, no one will ever be happy until all of the dogs are dead. So we keep seeing this reference to the need for the dogs to die. There was a reference to stunt dogs and in this story, some some actor killed a dog because he got mad and jealous that the dog the dog was getting more screen time than he was. In this old in the comic books referencing like the twenties, and it's telling this story about some actor that got upstaged by some stupid dog and so he killed the dog.
Speaker 3: That's kind of a weird. Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there's this mythology of the dog killer, but we don't know why it's being put on graffiti everywhere in the present day.
Speaker 3: But it also, I mean it puts on the same level the dog and the actors and the people. Right basically trained.
Speaker 2: Dogs are in fact. Yeah, what you'll notice there's a few scenes where the thoughts, all the millennial thoughts bitches start barking. They're essentially the dogs. I think they bark.
Speaker 3: At him, right, they're barking at They throw him down in the bathroom. One of them spits in his face, and then they start barking at him.
Speaker 2: Let's see, So is it cursed? Is the Silver Lake Edendale? Is it cursed? He has a dream of a dog killer in the park. But and keep in mind he's got Wolfman posters on his wall, Wolfman rear window, Dracula. And then the two the two squares that are the symbols that she's left in her room are very they're almost exactly the same as the twin peaks symbols. About that reference the colts out in the woods.
Speaker 3: Oh that's interesting. I didn't notice that. But there are a lot of David Lynch references in the movie too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, so we know there's some kind of something cultic going on in the background. We don't exactly know what yet. But he goes to this party. They call it Purgatory. The party is called purgatory. I'm not sure what to make of that, but there is a very conspicuous all sing eye at the party. So we're gonna be littered with the all seeing eye imagery, classic conspiracy, you know, all Egypt, you know, Pharaoh, that kind of stuff, and that's gonna be the essentially the crux of the film is spoiler alert, it's going to be about Egyptian mystery religion. Essentially, that's the crux of it. But so yeah, so the women are barking at him like dogs, and then he leaves this party. He's trying to get information on what's going on and he can't figure out where this this chick disappeared to. He's kind of infatuated whe her, and then he finds out that the daughter of the billionaire who went missing is hanging out at these parties too, so he's thinking, oh, maybe I can talk to her, but he doesn't get a chance to the bitches in the bathroom throw him down and bark at him, like you said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got that screenshot of the crazy chicks. They all have pink wigs, like pink hair, and they're kind of dressed up like the crazy feminist chicks.
Speaker 2: So then uh he he overhears these the brides of Dracula, who are the women in the stupid pop band talking about sleeping with Jesus. Who's the idiot pop band leader guy. And so the clue here is that these women are all essentially prostitutes. They're all they're all, They're all they're in it for is status, climbing and money. And I think the irony here is that he doesn't pick up on this, this girl that he's infatuated with. He's not picking up on the fact that she's just one of these same thought nuts. Yeah, she's these same o's, but he's really thinking, oh, you know, I can, I can. I can still put my time and energy into the quest like you know link and I can say Princess Zelda or something. Then we get this weird reference to the owl and the owls kiss because he he's got all these questions, so he tracks down his conspiracy theory buddy. Well they become buddies. He's the guy who draws a comic book, and this conspiracy theory guy is like way down the rabbit hole. If you look in his room, there's every kind of conspiracy you can think of, everything ufo aliens, templars, little figurines of Zelda.
Speaker 3: We've got a lot of owls in there too, ye.
Speaker 2: Owls yeah, And so Bohemian Grove references start coming to the four and he's intrigued by the conspiracy guy's thoughts, but he also starts thinking he's nuts because the conspiracy guy has taken it so far that he's actually referencing, like you said, pop culture crap food, like it's supposed to be flint stone cereal, but it's space stones, right. So he's like, he's there's these messages that are on the boxes of cereal, and he's like, this guy's like, this.
Speaker 3: Guy's yeah, yeah. The message it says something like, uh, I think all everything I've been lurking looking for my whole life I believe is on this map. And he shows the map on the back of this stupid box of box, which is so funny. But it's like, I mean, you see this a lot in pop culture now, and even in the whole conspiracy world. Remember all the uh you know, like the syncro mysticism videos and stuff. Back in like twenty twelve, people were getting really into finding these weird pop culture references and basically and people started trying to make predictions about future events by watching television and pop culture, which is so funny. They thought in this like realm of like the whole conspiracy world, these people were you know, they thought they were you know, tapping into something so prophetic. But yeah, yeah, what do you think about that about the hell phenomenon back in the day. I don't know if people still do it, but that was huge.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's obviously it's a way to look silly because we don't don't always know what is intentional and what's not. I mean, I think looking back, it's easier to figure out. Okay, there were quite a few references to nine to eleven in pop culture, but yeah, I mean, that's no guarantee that you're going to infallibly interpret the phenomenon in pop culture. And a lot of things in pop culture aren't intentional. They're just coincidence or they're they're put there, yeah, by artists creativity, but sometimes there is predictive programming. So but again, you know, unless you know for sure the the intention of the people who put it in there, it's not really any way to know with certainty, you know, what the what the meaning is. But yeah, it does, it does. Yeah, it recalls that you know, Lauren Coleman's blog Synchronisticism. He got pretty popular for a while, and even Hoffman and his book talks about mystical toponymy about names and if you've ever heard of James Shelby Downard, he wrote a whole book about this very thing anyway.
Speaker 3: So you know, it's another funny thing. In the same scene or in the same sequence when they start going over the plaster faces in the wall and the guy, the character or the actor who plays this character is the same guy that was in We'll holand Drive that plays that in the last scene in the before that like weird monster bum thing pops out in the very last scene. So I thought that was a weird reference. And he's kind of a similar character, right with the weird eyes and the you know, just bugging out, tripping out about Well.
Speaker 2: This is another parallel to to Twin Peaks and Lynch stuff. You're right, is is the hoboes. Hoboes are a network, Hoboes have a king, and David Lynch. There's hobo demons, right, Hobo goblins pretty consistently throughout David Lynch stuff. So that's I think intentional. That was a did.
Speaker 3: You catch the weird part when he says, there's Johnny Depp's face right next to Grace Kelly.
Speaker 2: What did you make of that?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to make of it, right, So I'm not let me look into this. I looked into Grace Kelly before, but it was just weird. They pause for about ten seconds showing Johnny Depp's face and Grace Kelly, and they both kind of got a little bit tripped out by it.
Speaker 2: Well, she was she was murdered by the by the elite. It's pretty certain.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's it. She was the princess of Monaco, right, She.
Speaker 2: Was dating the Prince of Monaco, and there was some he had held back money that had to do with diamonds, so he was involved in some shady diamond stuff and the elite sent him a message.
Speaker 3: I just thought it was so strange because you know, Johnny Depp, I mean, when when you look at like kind of where he's at today and all the weird stories about him, the Viper Room and his connections with oh Hunter Thompson, you know, I mean, he was obsessed with Hunter Thompson, really really close with him. Basically, you know, he just hit the shattered Psyche of Johnny Depp is kind of like the quintessential, you know, child star. You know, he wasn't one of these kids stars who was around Hollywood for a long time. I just thought it was a weird reference, you know, to obviously possible human sacrifice stuff that people talking about Grace Kelly and then Johnny Dett being involved in a lot of these weird things with River Phoenix and stuff too. I don't know what to make of it. It's just it seems like they were just trying to bait people to kind of think about these things.
Speaker 2: So he received he gets this cookie at this party and says, hey, come to the Brides of Dracula performance. We're playing in a tomb. So they're actually gonna have the band's going to play in a tomb. But to get into this party, he has to eat this cookie. And it's a cookie that has the number seventy six on it. So I'm not seventeen seventy six, and I'm not exactly sure what the point of the seventy six was. The logo seventy six Oil Wool Company or whatever.
Speaker 3: Well, in California, there's seventy six gas stations everywhere too.
Speaker 2: So right, that's why I'm in the gas station ole company. Let's see the billionaire. It turns out he was supposedly burned up in a car wreck. They found his car and there's a hat there and it's the hat of the chick. It's on the news clip. They find this hat and it's the hat of the girl that he was first infatuated with. So now he starts to be freaked out because he's like, whoa this chick that I was trying to make it with, she's actually, you know, hanging out with this billionaire that supposedly just died. So this is crazy what's going on. He's like, I didn't even know that I was hanging out with this hoe of the billionaire. So anyway, but I've forgotten too. The other thing about the conspiracy theorist is that he tells Andrew Garfield says, watch out for the owl's kiss, and he doesn't know what that is, but it's some kind of assassin or something kind of spirit or killer. And he says, anybody who sees the owl, they know they're going to be dying soon.
Speaker 3: It was a pretty blatant Twin Peaks kind of reference.
Speaker 2: Right, there is, and then he which and also beheman great over and then he's and then he shows him the owl on the dollar bill. He's like, look at our dollar bill. It has a has an owl on it, right, which has the all seeing eye on it too. But uh, and there is there really is the owl on the dollar bill is true and that's why DC has that owl. Owl. Imagery and owls are obviously, you know, they're kind of classic symbols for spooks. I mean, not just spooks in the sense of ghosts and demons and the way it's using twin peaks intelligence. But they're intelligent because they sit back and they watch exactly. I'm not sure what to make up the Janet Gainer stuff about how he's his mom loves this actress, Janet Gainer and and she's her favorite, and that comes up a little bit later after this this uh band performance that he goes to. But the reason I'm bringing up the band performance is because he meets another thought at this party who was dancing with balloons and acting all idiotic. Uh. He eats this cookie because he said he was told that's how you get in the party is you have to eat the cookie. Well, it turns out you're just supposed to take a bite of the cookie, and it's like a really heavy dose of I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, yeah, some sort of hall heavy or something.
Speaker 2: Some yeah, some heavy drugs. So he gets blowed out of his mind and he's trying to score with his chick, but he can't because he's so ends up being so messed up. And what do you think.
Speaker 3: About the red balloon? And like the whole the chicks kind of appears. I got a picture ever pulled up. I thought that it was a very Masonic building that they go into. It's kind of like this initiation. Then they go underground, right, so it's like the first.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah it is. It's I mean the party that he was just at was called purgatory, and then he's underground in this tomb, so it's the underworld. It's supposed to be the realm of the dad.
Speaker 3: Did you see the table they sit at is shaped like a heart, but it's a tombstone and it says Jane Mansfield on it.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't see that.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, I was pausive and try to figure out some of the references and some of this stuff. And right before that, when he before he goes to the party. He's talking to the guy in the weird Indian suit and there in front of this giant tombstone that says hitch.
Speaker 2: On it ah. Now, and of course Jane Mansfield being in the Church of Satan, so that one's that one's an interesting reference there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the chick she's got like a bedie in her eye. She's got like a little her cute glittery plastic fake jewel for her third eye. You know, it's like this whole you know, fake, fake spiritual thing. And then they're talking.
Speaker 2: Now this is crucial, Yeah, because the the the thoughts in the movie are bought into the ascension consciousness cult that's going to be referenced at the end. Did you catch that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, Yeah, no, And that's that's kind of a freakier part about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, but so the girls all believe that they're part of this secret elite network that's going to ascend, which we'll see later.
Speaker 3: But so and she says, this girl says to him when they're down there, you know, we we've only got one life. It's just so small. Don't waste your time thinking about things that don't matter we have our bodies. Yeah, unless we can just fuck. Yeah, she says, had a couple of times this really awkward way. And then she blows up a balloon at a red blue tree. She blows it up, like when she's talking about not wasting your energy on futile things. She pulls a fucking plastic balloon from her shirt and blows it up and then pops it with a cigarette. And then they go and then they go dance to an R. E. M.
Speaker 2: Song.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't forget what song it was.
Speaker 4: And then in the middle of the dance, she goes, we should fuck.
Speaker 2: I just took out as millennial weirdness.
Speaker 3: This is the millennial dating ritual right here, right like meat at a stupid party, consume some drugs.
Speaker 4: I have fruity pebbles at my house. You go the fucking we get eat them. Let's go out to the Let's go to my Little Pony.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Yeah, that's part of what makes the film appealing is the weirdness of all the millennial pop culture.
Speaker 3: It's so funny the way they interact with each other, and like the the disc on them.
Speaker 2: Everything is awkward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And he's always so stoned. He's always Andrew Garfield's character has always just blazed out of his mind. His eyes are like half closed and he's like mumbling, always into senses.
Speaker 2: He uh uh wakes up after kind of blacking out after being drugged at this party the next day in this graveyard and he talks to his mom. She mentions movies and Janet Gainer, this actress from the old days of Hollywood. By the way I looked her up, she was in uh, how to Be a Star or how to Spot a Star, something about women becoming stars in Hollywood. Basically it's her is her big famous movie and then she so in other words, that's hinting at all of these hose around him, is they think they're going to be stars. They're trying to climb that ladder and it's all essentially run by a giant colt. Uh and the only way that you get to the top is basically being a prostitute. And we're starting to learn that. Oh wait, turns out a lot of the A list actresses basically just slept their way to the top. This is part of the whole Weinstein stuff right.
Speaker 3: Right right, and this is all coming out this film just came out during all this madness too. And all the girls he's been talking to he finds he sees a few of them in movies.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: He ends up like, and everyone's trying to get parts, right, it's just the la scene. Everyone's trying to get recognized, get attention, but everybody's just totally lost, has no idea who they are, what they're about. They have no values, no morals.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: The only like references to uh, you know, Christianity or blasphemous. It's you know, Jesus is uh is the head of this vampire band. And it's just it's just totally twisted reality that they're living in. And yeah, all you're right, all the all the female characters in this movie were literal prostitutes, you find out.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what he So when he that night he leaves the graveyard, he goes to this party, which again is that a graveyard, which is interesting because they're doing a the hipsters are doing an independent movie showing at the graveyard, and so everybody's just kind of hanging out and chilling and he's watching the movie and he sees these these you know, mediocre actresses in this independent film and he looks over at these this that pirate, that goofy pirate dude that he saw at the beginning at the party of the chicks apartment, and he's got these two hose on his arm, and he's like, wait a minute, he said, that's the chicks from the movie. So he's noticing, like you said, he's starting to see all these are people in ads. He sees a girl on a billboard, he meets her at a party. He sees these hose in this you know, in this movie, So like you said, they're they're all in trying to get in the scene, get attention, get noticed, and big surprise, turns out they're also prostitutes. He's pleasuring himself later in the movie, raunchy scene, but he notices in one of the dirty mags he's got, he sees this ad for escorts and it was the chick that was in the independent movie who was also the hoe of the pirate.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, and the sequence that leads up to it, it's so it's the perfect like the whole millennial's reality, right. So he goes home, he's like stoned, playing Mario with his friend and his friend's got a fedora on he's a pull up a screener. I've got the uh.
Speaker 2: He's the total skeptic Fedora hipster. I mean, Fedoras are the atheist retards, but for all intents and purposes, the same type of dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, he's like the standard hipster guy. He's got this lame little tattoo on his arm and stuff, and he's playing Mario. He's got the glasses and he's got, you know, some video game themed sweatshirt. And the dude's laying there, he's stoned, and he's he's reading through this book about like code breaking or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he starts reading about ciphers and codes because he's heard that the vampires have a a backmasking, subliminal message in one of their records, one of their songs.
Speaker 3: And then he starts listening to the song backwards.
Speaker 2: He starts listening. He's intrigued with the idea, and so he's reading about ciphers and codes and he finds out, oh, this is a real thing. There really are ciphers and codes. And there's this important scene that a lot of people forgot because he got squirted by a skunk when he was out doing his investigations, which is kind of funny because he keeps stinking all throughout the movie. He smells like shit, even.
Speaker 3: Before he got scored him got by the skunk. Did you notice that there they introduced the theme of him smelling or everything smelling in his apartment even before the squnt the skunk's did.
Speaker 2: That's funny? Yeah, So he he uh uh. He gets squared by the skunk, and then and he's having to wash the tomato juice and his halfway girlfriend that's this actress that he's just sleeping with, shows up. She comes over and she's like, and she had noticed too when she was there a few nights before that. He has these notebooks by his bed where he's been writing about codes in pop culture, but he's scared to tell anybody because he thinks, you know, they're gonna think I'm crazy, so he keeps it to himself. So then he decides to divulge this to her because he's noticed a lot more things. He's like, do you ever think that the elite, you know, live completely different and they speak to one another in codes? And maybe all this stuff in pop culture is actually about something else, It's not just you know, pop culture, it's also sending a message, and maybe there's meanings being bad and and maybe you know, rich people actually run shit.
Speaker 6: And she's like, yes, don't you just.
Speaker 3: Want to fuck and eat saltines and drink orange juice.
Speaker 2: So he can't tell anybody because you know, he knows it sounds crazy. But he's getting deeper and deeper and deeper down this rabbit hole, and it is eventually going to completely obsess him. Pop culture and mainstream media are coded languages that operate on multiple levels, so he starts noticing predictive programming. He says, maybe rich people actually know things, and they know more than we do, and we don't know shit. That's what he tells her, and she's like, yeah, whatever, you're insane. Let's see then we introduce the hobo characters sorright. So after all this, he starts tracking down this message that's in the songs of this dumb band. And I forget how he breaks it, but it's something to do with like the different chords on the in the song correspond to letters or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's it's some kind of schizophrenic sounding, you know. Yeah, the thing and what I thought was funny is when he had his revelation, Like his whole revelation thing is all tied in with him masturbating.
Speaker 2: Right, So that was weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like the millennials version of like their satanic you know, divine revelation comes through them masturbating sex magic. Yeah, pop culture.
Speaker 2: In fact, Croley even said that the masturbation should be uh direct at energy and sex magic. So it's not just pleasure. You're supposed to get, you know, enlightenment and revelation out of even masturbation.
Speaker 3: So and when he's jerking off, he's got a here, got a screen pulled up right here, He's got Kurt Cobain poster right behind him, which is uh. I just always think that's interest. There's a lot of Kirk Cobain references.
Speaker 2: There are because he's he's a big fan of Nirvana and Kirk Cobain. He almost idolizes them. And that's that's relevant because when he gets to the old rich Man, the old rich Man is going to shatter his idols. He's going to tell him that his idols didn't even write their own songs. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so's he's jerking off And I just thought it was so funny. The pictures he's jerking off to. It's just all these old magazines and like just weird picture people. He's got People magazine, He's got this old version of this old playboy that I guess he says earlier that it was his first porn or something like that. Right, so he's got this mythologized you know, pornography thing in his mind. And uh, you know, his his revelations come when he's jerking off to pop culture, you know, trash magazines that are just sitting there on his h.
Speaker 2: That is an interesting point. So it's almost like pop culture self is masturbatory. It doesn't even have any meaning beyond just completely sterile, empty wastefulness basically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, and I guess you know that's his procreative energy, right, Like this energy could be using to you know, find a wife, to make children, to you know, make his you know, maybe improve on his culture, try and you know, somehow be a you know, a reasonable or not reasonable, but a you know, a virtuous person. It's just it all gets used for chasing women, getting his car back, and getting money, and you know, just this weird chasing down of this esoteric illusion in pop culture that it ends it ends like in him figuring like almost being human, sacrificed himself, right, Actually, his whole journey ends up in him almost giving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that's the thing is is is if you he idolizes these people who are these mavens of pop culture. And so he's in the scene, he's hanging out with people in the scene. He's realizing they're all ridiculous. He's realizing they're basically just prostitutes. And so he's starting to see that the the the star making machinery is a giant, you know, apparatus that creates this stuff. It's not actually genius musicians who you know, just rise to the top because of their amazing phenomenal talent, right right, that's the mythology that that's good crushed here. And so he's realizing it's not just about his musicians that he likes, but it's also about you know, the actors and the actresses in these films that he likes. So he's he's realizing this codes are real. He doesn't know what to do. Our world is full of these codes. He starts noticing it everywhere, billboards, video games. He's starting to see symbols codes. Right, so he's awakened in a sense.
Speaker 3: The Nintendo Power magazine becomes his another one of his ciphers too. So it's just just all pop culture is leading him down this path to some sort of an ultimate end in some sort of realization.
Speaker 2: I can't read my notes here in a couple of these places, but so basically, yeah, so what this cipher tells him to do, Oh, this is the Griffith Observatory, so this is important. So the cipher tells him, if you figure this out, go to the Griffith Observatory and rub the head of Newton which is a statue of bust of Newton there or or is it James Dean?
Speaker 3: It's James Dean.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's right, Yeah, And I've been to that. And if you go to the grip of Observatory. What's weird about it is that the whole thing is super Masonic, like it's super occultic. Everything about the architecture of the symbolism, the whole thing is is mega Masonic. So I thought that was significant. So he goes there, he rubs ahead of James Dean and this hobo shows up. Who's the King of the hoboes, and he doesn't know what to do. He's like, what is this real? The hobo says, put your blindfold on. Masonic blindfold, right. The hobo leads him to a bomb shelter underground and locks him in there. So he's underneath La. And by the way, there are reportedly tunnels all under LA. But so he's under there and he doesn't know it.
Speaker 3: Blindfolds him right, just like you know, this kind of Masonic initiation. And right then they see that they see a coyote on the way, right, or he hears the cot.
Speaker 2: He says, the coyotes. We follow the coyotes because they tell us more than anybody else, or something like the codes are here.
Speaker 3: To help us spiritual animals. It's got this kind of like hokey spirituality.
Speaker 2: That it's this weird animistic, very sort of simple pagan type view. But that will come up later with with the with the elite, the billionaires. But so he realizes down there that there's this giant all seeing eye above this bomb shelter underground. He's like, what is this And it turns out it's just an old bomb shelter that's being renovated for somebody to live down there. So he's like, what, So he follows this this hallway and he crawls up and he doesn't he crawl out of the coffee shop at the beginning, I think there's like he finds this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, the bomb shelter's weird because there's plastic all over it, right, there's like it's got these plastic covered I've got it pulled up here.
Speaker 2: It's being renovated for another billionaire to go down there.
Speaker 3: And there's toilets. There's like five toilets in a row at the end of the room.
Speaker 2: It's just really weird because each each billionaire has like three or four wives, right right. So so he's like, so there's an old bomb shoulder just being renovated. I don't get it. He crawls out. Uh, there's a secret exit passage that I think lets him out in the coffee shop that we see at the.
Speaker 3: There's a passage. But it's kind of like it reminds me of those old nineties videos remember with like exploring the Pyramids, like finding the secret chamber. It looks like he's you know, climbing climbing to the King's chamber of the pyramid or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he just comes up out of the like the kitchen in a in a stupid coffee shop. It's like it's like it's very cartoonish in that regard.
Speaker 3: But he comes out and it's and it's he's behind I've got to pull the right now. He comes out and he's in the milk aisle of like a convenience store.
Speaker 2: Oh it's okay, okay, so.
Speaker 3: And then he grabs and this is another like one of the only scenes where somebody you know, consumes food. He steals. He opens up the milk and drinks the you know, the milk from the display there, and then he and he takes off.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's see we're progressing here. So he discovers oh yeah, this is where he gets the part where he calls his buddy and he's like, turns out the conspiracy theorist has been killed. And he goes and he looks at the conspiracy theorists surveillance cameras because he had them all set up, and the surveillance camera caught the owl this owl headed woman who shows up and supposedly, if she gives you a kiss, that means you're about to die. So he's assassinated basically by whoever's running shit.
Speaker 3: She kind looks like an Egyptian deity or something.
Speaker 2: Right, she looks like, yeah, exactly, an owl headed deity of some kind. And then uh so he starts getting friked out because he thinks, oh, you know, they're gonna know about me. He calls his buddy who's Who's a scene guy, one of the guys in the scene, and he's like, hey, can you get me in touch with the Seven Brides singer. He's like, I need to ask some questions. He's like, yeah, we're having We're having a chess party. Everybody's getting sucked up and playing chess, so come on over. So they go. They go to the the party, and everybody at this party is all the people he's been seeing the entire time throughout the movie. So it's all these hoes and thoughts from the rest of the movie. You're at this party. They're all playing chess, which is just to be ironic, and then he punches Dracula in the bathroom. We see the poop and he's like, who wrote your who wrote your song? He's like, I don't write my song. He's like it's just a company gives us those and they tell us what to do.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I think he says something like, I wrote some of the songs, but all the ones, not the hits, all the hits, they they just told me what's right, Like they told me, you know, they told me how to perform it. I don't I don't do nothing. I don't know nothing. And he's very he's very weak. And and you know this character, he's not like this powerful, you know, he's a fraud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's basically just an actor, basically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's portrayed on the the media in this film, he's portrayed as this like amazing esoteric, like badass like rattle, like so satanic and so sick. But he's just he's just a pussy.
Speaker 2: He's real a total weak whoosy. Yeah. So so Andrew Garfield says, all right. He hears something overhears something about these really really rich dudes that have like their own neighborhood where they have elite parties, and he asks the redheaded actress prostitute that he saw earlier. He invites her over. He sees her, ad calls, calls her, tells her to come over. She shows up and he's like, hey, take me to this elite neighborhood where you had these parties. I want to see who's running this shit. And she's like yeah, she's like you can go. You can go to every house except one house. There's one house you're not allowed to go to. So naturally that's the house he wants to go to. So he gets the hoes take him to this neighborhood. He finds this one house that's the one you can't go to, and he breaks in and he finds some old dude playing piano, writing songs, and there's every kind of guitar, all kinds of you know, lavish instruments everywhere, and he's like, what is this and basically spoiler alert, the rich guy says, oh, yeah, your entire pop culture going all the way back to fifties or sixties. He's like, I wrote all that. He's like, that's all me. He's like, you like Nirvana, I'm Nirvana, you like Britney Spear, you know whatever.
Speaker 3: He starts playing these songs at his piano, is just like, you think that's your You think these artists actually wrote this. This was all me, and.
Speaker 2: It was all created, and the stars are just the fronts. They're part of this machinery. They don't even write most of their songs. This guy writes most of the songs, right, This is essentially Dave mcgawan type research here. And he Andrew Garfield freaks out and takes a guitar and busts this old dude in the head.
Speaker 3: The guitar that he takes is Kurt Cobain's guitar too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he takes Kurt cobains guitar buss because he can't fathom that the pop culture that he idolizes, that he's controlled by the mind control is breaking down. So he just basically loses his shit. He can't he can't take it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his whole reality is based on this pop culture consumption of these exactly.
Speaker 2: You know, the.
Speaker 3: Music, the foods, the partying, it's all the imagery. It's all pop cultured trash, you know. I mean, it's manufactured, just like fruity pebbles are manufactured, and.
Speaker 2: It's all synthetic. It's all it's essentially junk food for the mind, for the soul. The pop culture is the junk food that the junk food is to the body. Right, So he's realizing they're all hoes, they're all it's all scam, it's all a facaw, it's all front. I've decoded this, and he's like, he's like, there's something behind this. So he's going to track down the billionaires now. Now he's ready. He figures out that one of the chip no, I'm sorry forgot, there's a whole other level to the cipher. There's another layer of the cipher, which is the Zelda map, matches up to the map of the in the box of Cereal, and that map lays on top of the map of La which tells him where the billionaires are chilling in their huts and in their fallout shelters. So he decodes all this. He tracks down the last one of the last places he hasn't gone yet, which is some weird marking over by the Hollywood sign right across from it, and there's this hut. And he goes in this hut and there's a couple of the hose that he's seen before, and this old, you know, boomer age white dude in there with looking like a Jesus hippie type guy, and they have this really awkward, hilarious conversation that's very innocuous and very silly, and he's like, what are you doing. He's like, oh, we're preparing our tombs. It's like your tombs. He's like, yeah, we're going to ascend. And he's like, what do you mean. He's like, uh, yeah, we don't believe in heaven and all that stuff we believe in, you know, like Egyptian religion, like pharaohs. We're gonna ascend and go to another realm away from this crazy world. We've already had all the pleasures and fun that we could h so we're going to entomb ourselves in these fallout shelters, surround ourselves by concrete so we can't get out, and we're going to die with our three or four beautiful bribes. So he can't believe this, and he's like, can I talk to you know the chick that I liked from the beginning of the movie. And he's like, yeah, she's in another one of the shelters. Let me pull her up on the skype, right. So they pull her up and she's like, Hey, did you get a new puppy dog? And he's like, are you're gonna die? And she's like do you think I'm the right decision? And the other billionaires like, hey, hey, don't upset her. She's enjoying herself. So it's all very just blase, a very apathetic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, life death like whatever, dude.
Speaker 2: Everything is apathetic, right, nothing matters. And even the billionaire elite who believe in this cult. And what's funny is that the wives they all buy into like the new age, basic bitch bullshit, right, that they're going, I'm gonna ascend through you know, meditation and consciousness and all this nuts. And the billionaires are a little more you know, maybe this guy believes that. Maybe the other ones don't. They're a little more cynical. Maybe they just see it as a way to you know, a thousand years from now, who's going to know who anybody was outside of you know, the tomb? Right? If you look back at ancient the ancient world, who do we know? Well, we know about pharaohs because they had giant pyramids and tombs, right, Or maybe there's a transhumanist ollment to where they think they're going to be, you know, resurrected or something like that.
Speaker 3: The millionaires they're not, like, they're not super old guys the killers. So they're kind of like just past their prime, right, they're like maybe in their fifties or something, maybe late fifties max. So they're just you know, they're so they're so worn out all their sensory perceptions so much with all the sax.
Speaker 2: Drugs, rock and rold that all the pleasures.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they don't they don't want to live anymore. Like there's no that maybe they don't get the same pleasure out of their their bo.
Speaker 2: Since they could control everything else, the last thing that they wanted to control was when they would die, so that they would be subject to somebody else determining when they die. They're going to decide when they die. They're going to determine the manner in which they die. So it's a final kind of act of rebellion from their perspective, in this kind of satanic way. But so the interesting part of that is that you know, all throughout he has noticed that all of the synchronicities are real, the conspiracies are real. It applies to pop culture. It's a controlled, top down system. You don't rise in it unless you're compromised in a whore and all this stuff. But the message of it seems to be when Andrew Garfield gets back and the reality of this world hits him, he realizes, I can't even pay my rent, my car got possessed, repossessed, He's like, what's the point? Basically, And so the weird ending of this is this sort of millennial nihilism, this hedonism of just, you know what, I should just move in with the hippie chick that I was spying on the beginning, you know, the hippie boomer chick. Whether her booby's out, I just move in with her. That's almost like, in other words, it's like, Okay, so all of this conspiracy stuff is all true. It's very true. It's all run by very wealthy, elite people. But so what what's the point? Man? I mean, I'm not saying that the movie is totally nihilistic, but it's almost like it's asking that question, Well, what is the point. No one's going to believe this, nobody's going to go down the rabbit hole that far. It's too crazy. Yeah, so it's all a bunch of hoes and thoughts.
Speaker 3: He talks to that to the King of the Bums at the end, too, right, doesn't the King of the Bums kind of release it from them, and he tells them, don't tell anybody about this, or I'll kill you basically or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So he's like, okay, yeah, you figured it all out. We should kill you, but we're gonna let you go and just keep your mouth shut.
Speaker 3: And and then he finished, and then he goes home, and then he suddenly, uh decides that he wants to go back and uh and go reconcile his whole life by moving in and sleeping with this old boomer who keeps birds and cages all around her house.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, so I guess this is the point where it's it's somewhat debatable. Is the message of the movie, Uh yeah, it's all real, just give up on it. Or is the message of the movie don't even worry about all this conspiracy nonsense. There's no point in getting into it. It's just going to drive you nuts. Uh. Just you know, enjoy, enjoy the laugh the life that you have, and don't try. It's almost like, don't try to go after understanding other elite classes. You're never going to understand it. If you If you've read the there's a famous book called the megas that I referenced a lot in my book and the Major Megas. The Major is a similar story. It's a famous literary work by John Fowls, and it's basically about some guy who's like, you know, this nihilistic twenty five year old Oxford grad who's just kind of sleeping around, partying his way, drugging his way through Europe, and he ends up on this island off of Greece called Fraxos, made up island, and it's owned by this Greek billionaire who's this very entuned esotericist occultists and psychologists, and what the billionaire likes to do is set up scenarios with actors, crisis actors, basically just to test how this nihilistic guy reacts. So he's he puts them through all kinds of very bizarre scenarios just to mess with the dude. And I won't spoil the novel, but essentially at the end of the of the novel it does reference him as a member of the Illuminati. Okay, so this Greek billionaire who's in the Illuminati is basically just studying the effects of his phenomenon this on this nihilistic you know, twenty four year old.
Speaker 3: That's similar theme.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the end of the book is basically, what's it? What was the point? What were you trying to do by? Because because the guy gets baited into going down the rabbit hole, he's like, I'm gonna figure this guy out. I'm gonna expose him. I'm gonna see what this is all about. And then you know, at the end of the thing, it's like you don't even understand that class, Like you're not in his class of elite. The same thing that Bill Harford eyes white shut right, like I thought I was at the top of the total pool. I thought I was the ship man. Yeah, same idea, Right, I'm the ship Like I'm the fucking coolest motherfucker around here, Like you know, I don't give a shit about anything. And then he goes down the rabbit hole and he realizes he's not at the top of the totem pole. There's people way above him, way more powerful, way more intelligent, and it's almost like, man, what was the point? So what do you think of the what do you think the point of the movie is?
Speaker 3: Well, all right, so the ending of the movie I'm not so clear about, but I basically you know, pop culture as a initiate, an initiation for an entire generation and for the youth, and for basically everybody, into a mystery religion, into a specific worldview, into seeing the world a certain way, consuming your life in a certain way, and thus just being consumed in this big machinery of pop culture and becoming a you know, a piece of of this you know, silly kind of basically nihilistic realm. And I don't know what to make of the end. There's you know, there's something with the generational divide, right, you know, it starts with him talking on the phone with his mom, uh, staring at this lady through the binoculars, and she's you know, she's like the she's like one of those yoga chicks, like those new agey like sex magic type people who are just so husely liberated, you know. I mean, lots of these boomer hippies kind of haunt the town I live in, so I'm really familiar with this type of energy, really into yoga and you know, Joseph Campbell stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So it's basically I spoke, Yeah, I've spoken to Banker Canyon and the whole essentially the whole audience was this, well.
Speaker 3: Right, topless sixty year old women, who are you know, sleeping in a polyamorous relationship with some twenty five year old dude probably you know, there's this is it's weird, like there there is a world of this type of uh stuff. And I don't know what to make of the ending. So it's something to do with his mother, the generational divide.
Speaker 2: How I forget about the mother stuff. That's a good point, yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, perhaps, how like the boomers were initiated in this very same way with the sex, drugs and this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're the sixties counterculture right right.
Speaker 3: And I see it as like the millennial and the boomer copulating in the end of the film, basically just you know, the ultimate kind of really gross and not very pleasant to even think about reality of what pop culture has done to everybody.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, because the old guy who creates all the music, he is essentially he also says all your sixties revolution music. He says, I created all that exactly. He says, I gave you a revolution. That's why it's the boomers exactly. That's a good point. So it's basically boomer age to now he's like that was all completely created from the top down. And that's essentially Dave Mcowan's book, where it's inside the canyon. That's the whole point of the book.
Speaker 3: I would wonder. I'm sure that whoever directed this and wrote it read those books. He had to have, you know, very familiar obviously with the culture of what people are saying about pop culture. But I guess the last scene is him he goes out to the balcony and he's in that Boomer's house. They're the boomers apartment, which is in the same apartment complex as him, right, so him I just right across. Yeah, yeah, So they're in this same curated environment that they don't own, right, you don't own your apartment, you live in an apartment building. And he's smoking a cigarette around these birds in the cages and he's watching the I guess it's like the cops or something. No, it's the apartment. The guy who owns the apartment looking at the weird symbol on the wall and trying to figure out, well, where did this kid go? He owes me rent or he owes me money or some shit. And Andrew Garfield's kind of looking at him really like creepy, stoned, demonic gaze, and then I think, I think it rolls rolls the credits.
Speaker 2: After that, I was trying to remember, Yeah, this is the guy who did It Follows, which is a pretty good horror movie. If you saw that, David Robert Mitchell, It It Follows was pretty good. It's pretty creepy, and the idea there was similar to this in the sense of the millennial age people living hedonistically and are there consequences for that? And then if you know, it's like the urban myth of something coming after you, you know, like it's going to get you, that kind of thing. But and I have I've watched It Follows a few times and there's a bunch of references to Dusty esque in it. So I'm not exactly sure what I think the reference to Dostievsky means. But it's a pretty good horror movie if you like independent not. It's not gory, it's just creepy. Yeah, he's definitely referencing, you know, literary works Dostoevsky. Here, he's in you know this one. He's referencing a lot of David Lynch. And by the way, I had actually messaged the chick that's in it follows. We had a few messages on Facebook. I was trying to get her to come on to an interview, and I thought she was gonna do it, but she ended up backing out. But I would that would have been interesting because because I've only had one actress ever come on Jays Analysis, they're always too I guess too scared it's gonna damage their career. But it would be funny to get the vantage point of somebody who's you know in the film, to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what'd you think about the movie? Overall? Do you? Did you enjoy it? I mean, it's kind of long. I think it was a little lengthy.
Speaker 2: It is long. That doesn't bother me. I enjoyed the use of symbolism, the use of satire. It's very comedic. It's funny in a lot of places. Overall, it's a great critique of, as you said, all the nihilism, the hedonism, consumerism, the video game vantage point of the millennial generation.
Speaker 3: Four, like total detachment from yourself.
Speaker 2: Synthetic reality. What exactly the ending means is up for debate. I'm not sold that my interpretation was right. I'm not sure because I didn't even think about the boomer the age gap stuff. And it's not just the age guy, it's also class Like he's he's trying to because we forgot about the billionaire's daughter. Like he's trying to step into the world of the billionaires. And he he has this date night with the billionaire daughter. They go swim pool, she's topless. He thinks he's going to get some and uh, sheet ends up getting shot. Right, So he's like realizing there's bigger players at work than him. You know, do I really want to be in that world? You know?
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think the apartment it's kind of interesting, right, So it's the building that you don't own, and him and this the old boomer hippie lady, they both live in it, but separately, and eventually through the process of the movie they come together and they basically are living in the same place. He can't afford rent, so he's over there in the boomer's place where she's got all these birds in cages. And so yeah, I mean, it's definitely social engineering, and there's a lot of themes in it. I feel like a lot of these directors sometimes they don't even understand why they put certain things in it, right, it's like, well that that feels mysterious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if you saw Neon Demon. I felt that way about Neon Demon. It's talking a lot about Hollywood being this machine that eats people up and spit them out, and it's got witches in there and they're doing rituals. And then you know that if you'd spoiler alert, the chick the model gets killed at the end and basically eating oh, and you're just like, what what does this mean? Well, you know, it's all nihilistic and they're laughing at the end, so it's kind of like, oh, it's all a big joke. And like you said, like he's got all this stuff in there that's significant, but what does he even know what it means? Know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course video game culture was really big in this. You know, the food was all you know, uh, the imagery on the box of cereal. Yeah, right, like the foods they eat and stuff. It's just somebody shows up. His girlfriend shows up in the beginning, or not his girlfriend, but some chick who's he you know, they they use each other to masturbate. She comes over and she brings sushi and then she's like all play smells and they eat sushi and then eats like saltine crackers, and then basically beer and cigarettes. For the rest of the movie.
Speaker 2: It's like they consume a cookie. Yeah, it's all John.
Speaker 3: Oh, and then a cookie that sends him on this psychedelic journey too, sugar cookie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, it's just kind of Alice in Wonderland too. I didn't even think that's Alice in Wonderland.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: And it was.
Speaker 3: That scene was very similar to Eyes Wide Shut too, when he walks in and they use a similar camera angle walking behind him, just like Bill Hartford. So yeah, I enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty good. I think, uh, I mean it was. It was kind of long. I was tired when I when I watched it, but then when I looked through it and scrolled through it later on, I thought it was you know, it was pretty well put together, entertaining Andrew.
Speaker 2: The most important takeaway was the pretty clear revelation that you know, the pop culture is manufactured.
Speaker 3: That was the best scene. The best scene was the old man telling him, look, your whole reality is false. And I wrote all these songs and none of these are real stars. I like that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before we do Spring Rekers, I gotta take a p break before.
Speaker 3: It, man, I'll read some super chats here. Let's see here, all right, Nick Jones?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: Nick Jones? That was at the very beginning of the stream, He says, thanks both of you, hands down my two favorite channels on YouTube. Love the book, Jay, Thanks right on, Nick. Did you get the second book too? I haven't got Jay's second book yet. My brother, he's flying out here. I sent it to him. He's gonna bring it with him. So I'm looking forward to reading Jay's next book, second book, Esoteric Hollywood two. You know his website. Jay's website, by the way, one of one of my favorite sites, one of the very few sites that I actually pay for, you know, subscription to. He does lots of theology lectures and he's got such a wealth of of like just such a huge back catalog of essays on everything from historygio politics, theology. I think the theology section is a real gem of his website too. And of course you know esoteric analysis of films and whatnot. So check out his website, guys. In memory of John Mordaunt says, my boy has less SPD symptoms with real food. Thanks for all you do right on, Thanks a lot, you're a regular viewer, you're always jumping in here. Bob Monk, he sent some money, but he's not even asking anything right on infinite micro second. I'll ask that question when Jay gets back. Thanks for the super chatman sending ten bucks. Door Man says, thanks for the stream, guys showing some love, eat meat and meg families and hashtag bald Man bad and hashtag beard Man bad. Well, thank you, my friend. I agree. Hashtag bald Man bad, hashtag beard Man bad. Now let's see here. Tyler Sudden says, two of my favorite YouTube personalities. Be sure to share with Jessica. I appreciate her answering my emails. I would like Jay to do more on his channel about the Jordan Peterson phenomenon. I'll let Jay know you said that when he gets back. And then Sergey Lux sends five bucks without any without saying anything. Thanks a lot, man, get this mosquito flying in my face? Las Vegas Carnivar, what's Alex Carnivore? Tyler Tumblebear metal slug seventeen bunch of people in the chat today. Let's see what's going on. I got a much smaller audience than usual. We're doing a fun little stream today, no clickmake titles. We're just doing some film analysis and having fun talking about some some funny millennial movies, some funny millennial movies. Mike's in the chat. What's up man.
Speaker 2: Se? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Next, we're gonna talk about spring Breakers. Spring Breakers, which is actually a very It's like a horrific movie. Spring Breakers is a horror film. Also probably one of the more haunting films that I've seen over the last decade. I don't know why, but for some reason, spring Breakers really like disturbed me watching this film. It was just there was something about it, something about the aesthetic of it, something about how this movie was made, how this film was made, that is just really haunting. And it is so it's so reflective of the millennials pop culture curated world. Jay's back, what's up, Jay?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 3: We had one super chat from somebody asking is yoga acceptable an Orthodox Christianity? So is yoga cool with Eastern Orthodoxy? What is his stance on yoga?
Speaker 2: No, traditional yoga involves you know, Hindu practice in you know, Kundalini. Opening of the Serpent Power Force in the spine. You know, Crowley was a big proponent of blending yoga with Western daunt So it's intentionally done to invoke deities, now, pilate, stretching, anything like that. Obviously, no, not that's fine, but yoga itself, No, it would not be compatible with Christianity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny how popular yoga became. It It really got big in the US after the sixties when you had the huge Kraalley and push.
Speaker 2: And and the Beatles pushed it right U.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so who brought who really popularized yoga in the West. Was It almost seems like Crowley was the guy who really brought it out in the West.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you can make that case. I mean, the Chicago World Fare of Religions in the eighteen nineties featured this the first yogi trying to introduce the idea to the West. And what that was was kind of the pioneer ecumenical service. It was how do we get all the religions together in the West, And it was just a form of social engineering. It was being promoted by the elites. After the eighteen nineties into the twentieth century, you had a swami Vivica or a Sri I forget, I get all these I think it was vivid, yeah, Vivicananda. And then there's another guy who's they started also simultaneously pushing the New Thought movement and that turned into Positive thinking, and all those forces coalesced in the New Age movement with the Esslin Institute and all that, and so there's always been big money behind that that.
Speaker 3: So it's like actually moving your body, you know, stretching out your legs or you know, even it seems like that that maybe isn't so bad, but when you connect it with all these other ideas and the you know, the the pronic breathing, breathe the prana into your body and all this stuff, and it definitely gets pretty deep into some Hindu stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, you're supposed to you're supposed to put your body into It's kind of like the way Hindus do the ritual dancing. You're putting your body into the god forms. These are god forms that are intended to invoke the energy of that of that God. And so ultimately no, that would be that would be demonic because the purpose of all the Eastern meditation, which is pretty ridiculous, is to annihilate the ego to annihilate the self. I mean, God didn't create you as an individual person to annihilate the you. Right, You're not supposed to annihilate the you and and dissolve into the oneness of all being in nirvana. That's not why you were created. So ultimately, all the Far Eastern religions are Satanic at root. There you go.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty in depth answer, are there Somebody said he wants to see more Jordan Peterson stuff on your YouTube channel. Tyler Saiden says Jay's got to do more on Jordan Peterson on his YouTube channel. I would say, as far from what I've heard Jay talk about the Jordan Peterson phenomenon, he's kind of said what needed to be said.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many times do you have to critique, you know, all young and evolution and you know's there's not much there there. It's pretty pretty shallow, thin stuff coming out of Jordan Peterson.
Speaker 3: If you look at Jay's website when you have so much stuff on critiquing classical liberalism, critiquing you know, the liberal imperium. So yeah, maybe if you guys sign up for his members section, which is really cheap, is it sixty bucks for the year.
Speaker 2: Still it is five a month if you want to do it monthly and growing archive, but there's about three years worth of backed up archive material back there. Lectures on Plato, lectures on Tragi and Hope, globalless books, all kinds of stuff there.
Speaker 3: What would you say it would be like a good avenue of research, even going through your website for some people who are interested in deeper stuff. What kind of keywords would they be looking at and what type of you know, what aspects of philosophy and history would they want to look at if they want to see what your views or expand on, you know, maybe the critique that you've put out there on Jordan Peterson's philosophy and his ideas.
Speaker 2: But particularly on Jordan Peterson. I would say the thirty forty minute video that I did, that's a critique of him. That's a two parter that's had about twenty five thousand views. That's probably the best one. Which is funny because when I did that video, the likes to dislikes were about equal. It was like, I don't know, two hundred likes two hundred dislikes, And in the last year since I did that video. A lot of my critiques have been vindicated. A lot of people have abandoned the Peterson colt. They've realized that, you know, he started cucking pretty hard. He came out against men, you know, came out against individualism. He's supposed to be this great individualist and saying all these really contradictory things, and so people started, you know, I think, realizing that he's not all he was cracked up to be. Oh, it turns out he's invited to the Trilateral Commission, he's speaking there. You know, he's obviously an establishment creation. Box Day did a whole bunch of critiques of him. So now the likes to dislike ratio is like seven hundred to one hundred and fifty. So it's evened out, I would say, public opinion. I think it's there's still a lot annoying.
Speaker 3: You were one of the first people who actually critiqued Peterson's philosophy, right, I mean everybody was so enamored.
Speaker 2: Everybody so mad. Yeah, I had a critique, and then right around the same time, box to Day started critiquing him, and then I think Owen Benjamin critiqued him after that. So yeah, he's gotten more and more critiques. But but so I would say that video and then Tim Kelly and I have done two talks where I critique the Petersonian worldview, and he's come up in other shows too. I can't I'm off the top of my head.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, said, he seems like a guy who's you know, he's like a he's a boomer, he's an academic. It's it's probably very hard in that situation to see outside of that box at all to ever critique the roots of classical liberalism or Darwinism marks they're not Mars, but uh uh Young.
Speaker 2: Carl Young's gnocissism. Yeah, I mean Jordan Peters is essentially just a modern day gnostic, modern day originist, modern day catch all. It's like a it's like a cross between Tony Robbins and and you know, I mean box Day had a good point about his uh rules for for life, the Jordan Pearson Rules for Life, and they're all about you getting ahead, don't worry about associating with people that don't advance your personal you know, uh name brand, and it's it's just just marketing bullshit.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, Tyler Sudden says, I'm going to send a local Serbian Orthodox church to get a feel for it. That's awesome, man. Good, So you're you're lucky and you're blessed because I've got a sixteen hour drive and it's not even an Orthodox church. It's just like a small Orthodox congregation that they don't even have a church building.
Speaker 2: We're a sixteen hour drive from you.
Speaker 3: Sixteen hour drive. Yeah, but I'm gonna I'll get up there soon. It's still worth it to me. But wow, yeah, it's it's uh, we're in Catholic land down here.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Now we got the Pope. We got the Pope talking about got to get ridiations and.
Speaker 2: Get read of your borders, have globalism. It's so great.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Yeah, we're kind of we're kind of you know, you think when you're we thought we were when we came down to Latin America that we maybe get a couple of generations until it all came full flood. But then the cell phones came and the smartphone came out.
Speaker 2: Cell phones change everything. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now yeah they started. Now they're trying to bring abortion in the Ecuador.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, Well it's you know, slowly, they have to bring it in slowly, so it's.
Speaker 6: Like, oh, well, what if a lady gets raped, you got to get the abortions.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's good. But yeah, they the Ecuadorians are still very much against it. But hey, you know, I mean it's they're trying.
Speaker 2: They're going to do social engineering to try to you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, ten years probably match change opinion.
Speaker 2: Within ten years.
Speaker 3: Abortion will be the right of passage for all women in ten years. And it's sad. I hope not, you know, God forbid, I hope not. And uh, you know, maybe maybe a lot of these people end up leaving the Catholic Church with the current pope. I you know, I mean, I got no problem with Catholics. I live in a Catholic country. A lot of good things about what Catholicism has done to maintain family unit, to keep some forms of degeneracy out of Latin America. But you know, I mean, with what this pope is saying, it's getting pretty alarming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is sad. I mean, I think he's going to be, you know, it's going to be more and more evident that he's a definitely a tool of the globalists, and Roman Catholic Church has unfortunately been on that track, that path or you know, many many decades at least sin Vatican too, and for that as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, well even yeah, when you look back further, it seems there were a lot of things that were just not quite right. Well, the whole pope Ism things always been weird. But anyways, that's uh, that's cool.
Speaker 6: Let's let's uh, we got through all the super chats.
Speaker 3: There a few other interesting questions, but it's kind of off topic. So got a lively chat today, got no trolls today too. I got a band list. I've got a miles long bad list on this.
Speaker 2: Channe Yeah, me too. I have no patience for any of that stuff.
Speaker 3: It's like, look, you're gonna derail the chat and turn it into something like it gets so annoying you cut, you pop into the chat and suddenly everybody's talking about flat Earth. You're like, dude, I have no problem with you people believing in flat earth. It's all good question everything, but please don't come and debate it in my chat. We're talking about nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, about something totally different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we got a good chat going on now, But yeah, what do you think about spring Breakers? Harmony career?
Speaker 2: It wasn't what I expected. You know. I remember when the movie came out, and I wasn't intentionally avoiding it. I just happened to miss it at the time. I've seen other Harmony Kren films, you know. I remember when I was in high school. I think my senior year is when Kids came out. Kids had a pretty big impact, and it was controversial at the time because it was a Disney film people. I think it was Merri Max maybe or one of the Disney subsidiaries did Kids, and it was, you know, pretty brutal. And you know, it's about AIDS, try to transmitting AIDS amongst my generation gen X and you know, nihilistic partying gen xers back then. Spring Breakers is his treatment of millennials, right, So again we have this theme of the mindless millennials, totally hedonistic, totally wild, savage and the thoughts. I mean, this is about heartless millennial thoughts. Yeah, and I liked your point that it's a horror movie. You know, I didn't think that. I thought this was a goofy sound, tire, silly thing from the trailer. Now, when when I started watching, I was like, this is a gangster movie and then I realized it's more of like a horror movie.
Speaker 3: It's really horrific, right, and and you know, even when it starts out, So it starts out the first scene, first of all, it starts out with just saying spring Breakers. It's got these glittery like you know, really pretty pink and blue, and the colors so neon and pastel, and it starts out with just kids dancing and like an MTV style it is.
Speaker 2: It's very nine late nineties, mid two thousand, early two thousands MTV when they would broadcast spring Break exactly.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep. So they start the kids are dancing around. Let's see, I've got I've got some screenshots pulled up here. There's beer bongs and they're pouring beer all over each other, and it's just really it's really gross, like it's very off putting, it's very disgusting. It's kind of sad to watch. And it's got this like scrill X song, like dude, this industrial sounding music, and then it shows the first shot of somebody actually consuming. It's just they're they're drinking beer, they're pouring beer all over each other.
Speaker 2: It's just debauchery. Yeah, it's like total debauchery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's really gross. So then and then there's this chick and she's sucking on a red, white and blue popsicle, right like that's the American the colors of the American flag, and it's sucking. That's what they are. So that food, that thing shows up like three times in the movie, or at least two times, one of the few foods they eat in the movie. And they're pouring. The guys are like standing around fake pissing beer into girl's mouths. So there's been a line of women or young girls and they're naked, topless and they're going like this, and the dudes are acting like they're peeing the beer into their mouth. So it's just this really gross representation of you know, bodily fluids and just consuming poisons and really destructive behavior and hyper sexualized behavior. And then it cuts and it's got this the audio in the background or the it's got this dialogue from like a preacher right this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this this idiot boomer evangelical preacher wearing ed Hardy gear.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, he's got like ed Hardy and like an affliction T shirt, you know, tattoos and chains and stuff and he's he says, we're gonna talk about temptation.
Speaker 2: Uh, we're gonna talk about temptation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna talk about Satan. And right when he says we're gonna talk about Satan, it cuts to this girl smoking a bong and it's you know, there's red lit dorm room, totally weird uh set up, and yeah, yeah, everybody's high. Everybody they're watching, Uh, they're watching Are they're watching the Bronies? Is it like a Bernie's reference? They're watching My Little Pony?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're watching My Little Pony exactly.
Speaker 3: And then the girl that shows, Vanessa Hudgens, is like a do you know about her? Is she a Disney chick?
Speaker 2: Well, she's a Disney chick. Selena Gomez I think was Disney chick too. And the reason that's relevance because, like I said, kids Harmony Crinn that that was a Disney movie. Yeah, so it's almost like Disney is telling us, did you ever see that weird movie Escape from tomorrow Land?
Speaker 3: No? Is that a Disney movie? An actual Disney movie?
Speaker 2: Well no, but it's hard to see how it couldn't be, because supposedly they snuck into Disneyland to film an entire movie. Yeah right, I don't buy that. So, but Escape from tomorrow Land is about basically the dark side of Disney. I mean, it deserves its own whole video because it's pretty deep. But it's kind of the same thing with Harmony Krin in the sense that I mean, I don't think he works for Disney, but I'm saying, you've got these two Disney princesses here, right, who are essentially portraying that Madonna horror complex. And even the Selena Gomez character, who's this this naive, sort of simple evangelical check who is tempted to go down with these hose from her small town to spring Break, like spring Break is supposed to be, you know, this immortality state, this etern It's almost like they treat it like Heaven, like it's gonna we went it's a she mean great.
Speaker 3: For ab exactly exactly that we were just going to get out of our right reality. We got to get out of this place. We've got the same thing happening every day. We hate it here. It's so boring. We got to go to spring Break, but we have no money, and that's their issue. These little girls they have no money. And then one of them is Selena Gomez who was that was Justin Bieber's girlfriend for a while. Yeah, so she's like this huge pop culture figure and it shows her and she's like in this kind of weird evangelical church situation and everybody looks really empty there. You know, she doesn't. She doesn't seem very happy.
Speaker 2: And the childishness they have them all singing like the clapper hands, you know, Jesus.
Speaker 3: Loves Yeah, it's very yeah, and it's it's funny because that contrasts with it's kind of the same thing that they're doing there as the girls are doing at spring Break, right, hyping themselves up emotionally and you know, singing, singing empty, empty songs with that they don't really feel to have any meaning.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Yeah, And the irony of that was I'm sitting here thinking, there's no way that the the cheeseball indoctrination of charismatic evangelicalism that she's involved in is gonna because it is not going to be enough to hold her back from the degeneracy when she gives into the plot. Right, so her her Hoe friends are like, let's do it. You gotta be hard. You gotta be hard. So you have these you know, seventeen eighteen year old white girls who.
Speaker 3: I guess they should be eighteen because they're the first year of college.
Speaker 2: Okay eighteen, So they've been completely downloaded with the idea of like hardcore you know, rap that they're and they're gonna they gotta show how hard they are. And they come up with this plot to rob like a little diner, which I don't know how they I can't imagine some little diner in a small town having enough money to fund like this.
Speaker 3: You know, how much would they really need? Right they're trying to get on a bus.
Speaker 2: Go.
Speaker 3: All they need to do is get on the bus, go, get some cheap hotel room on the beach in Florida, and buy some booze for a few days. But I guess since they're girls, they don't have to buy booths like everyone will just shower them with drugs and true alcohol. That's a point, So maybe they don't either that.
Speaker 2: I couldn't tell whether it was Daytona or or.
Speaker 3: Saint Pete's Okay, Saint Petersburg, Florida. I thought that was the intro to the film was actually really interesting because the way it juxtaposes the the partying and then goes straight to the evangelical, like you know, children's group. They've got the Bibles in front of them, but they're not reading from it. They're just singing empty songs and stuff like that. And then it shows the girls in their class and they're while learning about like the reconstruction period during the Civil War and the lecture. Right, they're drawing pictures of Dix and showing and and pretending to lick them and saying I want penis. So I got a screenshot pulled up right there where she says she got a heart and says I love penis on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they're miserable in their small town hypersexually. You gotta be hard, don't be scared of nothing. Let's let's rob this mom and pop diner.
Speaker 3: Would you notice the party. There's some really shocking imagery in the party they went to. Right, so it shows this this uh, this kind of college party, and the first shots that shows of it are all them sitting around a bonfire. Right, so it shows it shows Vanessa Hudgens smoking a bong load after they say we're gonna talk about Satan, and then it switches to her and she lights up the thing, and so there's the fire and that she breathes in the weed smoke. There's a lot of references to breath, right, like breathing in, and they breathe on each other a lot in the film, like they blow smoke in each other's mouth. There's quite a few scenes with just referencing like inhaling, you know, which would probably be referencing spiritual God breathe the spirit of life in the ass right.
Speaker 2: So it's like this, I didn't even notice that because I've only seen it once, so my first time through, I'm just looking at, you know, like the basic level of the plot line. So a lot of the symbolism I missed because the way I do movies is i'll watch them. If it's a good one that I feel like has a lot of a depths to it, I'm gonna watch it two or three times and you'll notice, you know, you pick up stuff the more. In some some movies you can watch five times and you still haven't even picked up everything. But but yeah, so that was a good point. I didn't even notice the breathing stuff.
Speaker 3: There's quite a few references that. Then they show they're at a party. They're at this college party, and it's just it definitely reminds me a lot of the parties I saw when I was in college. So they're pouring beer bongs down baby doll. They have the setup where they have a baby doll and the beer bong goes through the baby's mouth and out of it's whereas genitals would be. And the college kids are doing beer bongs through this baby doll. So it's just it's referencing, right, child abuse, uh force poisoning children.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, one of the one of the lines that one of the thoughts I think was Vanessa Hudgens. She says, quote, she's like, we gotta do this. Don't be scared enough and act like you're in a movie. Act like you're in a video game.
Speaker 3: You've gotta be hard exactly.
Speaker 2: So her whole worldview is programmed by video games, rap music, and movies.
Speaker 3: There's even you know, there's even a shot I've got to pulled up right now of a guy smoking weed through a baby doll. So he's the the bowl of weed is in its mouth and then he's sucking it through where it's like, you know, where it's general. It's really horrible imagery. He barely noticed that. There's baby dolls, take to the wall. There's a guy with a dead chicken on his head and he's smoking out of a bong. So it's just really gross imagery. And then they start discussing what they gotta do, right, we gotta we gotta get this money. We gotta get this money, y'all. And it shows him snorting coke, which is like right, you know, and that she she has a gun. The girl actually has a squirt gun. Do you see that part? She's got a square guns, she squirts the.
Speaker 2: She's like drinking alcohol and sucking on it like it's a pp which comes up later in the growth scene with James Franco sucking the guns like.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I forgot about that. That's one of the best disgusting things ever put on film. James Franco filating a gun. Two guns, so bad. Yeah, James Franco true degenerate.
Speaker 2: And a big devote fan of Crowley too, by.
Speaker 3: The way, exactly, Yeah, he directed or him and Kenneth Anger are real good friends, aren't they?
Speaker 2: Good? Point? Yes, My next note says, uh, that we see him rapping, right, and he's called alien.
Speaker 3: So he's from this planet y'all.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I ain't from this planet. I'm here and I'm gonna take you to another world and all this stuff. Almost like he is like an like he's another being, like another I see him as almost like a devil type character, because uh he What happens is, of course they go, they party hardy, and then they end up these two gross twin dudes with with you know, grills, these two skanky white dudes trying to be thugs. Uh, they're supplying their party with with drugs and they end up getting arrested, right, So the girls all get arrested, and we almost think it was kind of by design because the two the two white dudes, the two twins, were at the party bringing the drugs. They're working for riff raff, and so he.
Speaker 1: Busts them out of jail and he's like, oh, what's so, y'all, I just wanted to be nice, bust.
Speaker 2: Y'all out of jail, you know what I'm saying. Wat y'all, comes chill with me, what's up? And then he starts immediately hits them with like you know y'all have a double double dung inside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no's yeah so gross. Well, first, what happened though, is they the girls robbed. You mentioned this. They've robbed a diner to get some money. They had it, but it's not faith. So faith is Selena Gomez's character, who's kind of the more innocent girl, like she doesn't really want to be doing the drugs, but they're like, here smoke this, you know, here takes So she's but she has nothing to fight it with. Right, there's no real resistance even though you could tell she's not sold on it. She has no resistance and you you kind of nailed it when saying, like, you know, her worldview because she's not connected to anything spiritually strong enough to oppose it.
Speaker 2: She can't. Yeah, it's it's it's very childish evangelicalism. It wasn't it wasn't enough to to convince her that this degeneracy wasn't appealing, This pure hedonism wasn't appealing. So she falls into it, you know, pretty quick. But she's the one that starts having reservations because she does have at least some moral compass. Her friends have no moral compass whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Right, Right, they go to this party there once they finally get the spring break, they're just doing drugs. The chicks are they They they become very kind of demonic, especially the.
Speaker 2: Blondels, so you just have nothing human human about them. They're just completely it's just evil after evil after evil, right mm hmm.
Speaker 3: There was that scene in the in the room where they're they're doing coke and stuff at this party and one of those twins, who the twins? Do you know who they are? They're actually like internet celebrities, those twins. They're called the atl Twins, and they're like they're actually they're paralegals out of Atlanta and they're like super into pills and stuff. Uh, they were Internet celebs for a little while. Vice made them very popular. They're not even rappers. They're just like degenerate drug guys who like to have threesomes, like that's their whole thing is actually, you know, like James Franklins says, right, they're just degenerate, Like I don't know where.
Speaker 2: They two twin brothers that actually do like to share.
Speaker 3: They share women. They had the same girlfriend for a while. So it's weird because it blends the Internet reality and it shows them watching like Kimbo Slice fights when they're in the dorms too. So there's the internet culture is already permeating. And this was twenty thirteen this film came out. There was an interesting image with the ATL Twin guy. He's wearing a chain and it's got a serpent's head on it and a girl's filating the serpent's head a couple of seconds and it's very graphic.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, they're like the hell hell Hounds. They're like James Franco's two hell hounds, right, like his demon dogs, right, like Simbaris or whatever. They double headed demon hound. And James Franco is this kind of alien demon type type figure who rescues them to offer them this new way of living, right like, you come with me, you know, be my harem basically, and you know I'll give you the life you want. Because he overhears them talking about, you know, I want to live in Florida forever.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be out springing right forever, spraying right forever.
Speaker 3: Well, and they get they get arrested, right, so they're arrested, they can't post bail, and he's sitting there all predatory like in the in the audience or whatever for their court hearing, and it shows his grill and this really gross reveal shot where it's like I've got the most disgusting mouth. And then he's sitting out there. He's got this like corny ass Camaro with a dollar sign.
Speaker 2: Do you think he's going to be like this badass but he's actually kind of just attacky, mediocre level. He's not Scarface. Yeah, like he read shitty nineteen nineties d suit, you know, outfit in his bedroom, and.
Speaker 3: His cars like a ninety eight, like a ninety eight Camaro or something with gay rims that have like dollar signs, and he's.
Speaker 2: Got he's got what what would have been a really expensive house in the seventies, right, Yeah, like seventies you know style everyone where, and and if you it's funny because if you watch Scarface, it's kind of it's funny because in Scarface, when he renovates his mansion, it's very tacky, like it's all expensive but it's super gaudy and tacky, and he's like a B grade Scarface, Like he's like a knockoff scarface with with with tacky ship everywhere. But he's really proud of it. He's like, I built out this. You see all this, I built out This is my yet. This is my yet.
Speaker 3: That's one of the best scenes. That's one of my favorite scenes in the movie.
Speaker 4: Look at all my ship, Look at all these ship. They got scarface. Oh repeat, I.
Speaker 3: Got shirt hands, I got shirt, got my dark handed oil.
Speaker 4: Lay down by the pool with my dark hand and oil.
Speaker 3: But he you know, it's it's just that seems amazing.
Speaker 2: He's got this stupid piano out by the rule of which, like you know, you know, he saw some some rap video or some R and B video with R Kelly out by the pool playing Piano's put a pool by the piano. That's gonna be sweet Dog exactly.
Speaker 4: It's it's so funny.
Speaker 3: So what I thought was interesting too though, when he first meets the girls and they have their kind of reveal, the three girls, the three blonde checks, are pretty into them. They're just like, yeah, this guy's kind of cool. Uh, you know, they're basically asking, well, what do you want from us? What do you want? He's just like guy. And then he has faith her name. He's like, what's your name? And this scene is actually a very horrific scene when he's talking to atl twins or sitting across from him. He says, like, you know what they're into, right, they dope penetration, just really gross, Like he graphically describes their sexual desires, and then they're smiling at him and licking their grills and stuff. And then he asks Faith. He says, what's your name? She tells him Faith. He's like, oh, that's interesting, Like, you know you you believe in God. You got faith, like very very aggressively, right. She's like, uh yeah. He's like, you did a lot of praying. You pray for your friends here.
Speaker 6: You do lot praying for your friends here.
Speaker 3: She's like yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's like you know, I was thinking. He's like, maybe that I'm the answer to your prayers. Maybe I'm asked to your prayers. So he's like steps in and just openly takes the Luciferian kind of you know, satanic, like, I'll replace God for you, I'll answer all your prayers.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, I ain't from this planet. I ain't from this planet.
Speaker 4: I'm from this planet, y'all.
Speaker 3: But they go they go to his his pad, They go to his pad, and I think that's one of the funniest scenes is when he he shows them his house.
Speaker 2: And he's also got his tattoos significant because it's a dollar sign, right, and that's what these alpha thoughts that have led faith down this path. That's all there they've been after this whole time. Was that money? That money? Yep, And he's got the dollars on tattoo on his neck, on his neck. Oh. And then then he he reveals it a little bit ahead of time too, when he talks about the sharks. He says, don't gls women at water at night. There's sharks, a lot of sharks. He says. They're predatory animals, just waiting, just waiting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, lark lark and larking and there lurking, he says, like three times. And something that I thought was interesting about the film the editing. They loop a lot of things, so there's a lot of loop was telling before we started. It's like it's like it was edited by scrill.
Speaker 2: X, like a rapper or like scrill X, Yeah, like the exactly.
Speaker 3: So then they get in his car, they go on his ride. They're in his vehicle. He brings them to this like trap house party, right, it's he brings them to this house with these gangsters.
Speaker 2: And it's like super ghetto, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the vibe there, you know that that scene they actually apparently shot that, Like those are all real gangsters and and the girls were actually legitimately freaked out. I watched some of some of these interviews and they're talking and the girls were the actresses said that they were legitimately scared of James Franco, Like he was always in character when they were filming, and he was like obsessive and really he was very, very very freaky to them. So, yeah, they go to this trap house and Faith freaks out. He has a conversation whether her alien, tries to get her to stay, and then she says, no, I'm leaving. And then she leaves. She gets on the bus and shows her hand against the window. I'm going back to my life. So Faith actually gets saved from the debauchery that happens later on to a certain extent. I thought that was interesting and in a very satanic movie, the one character that even though she has kind of a distorted connection to reality, she does she leaves this fake world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was right, she knew that this wasn't gonna go. Well, but what's interesting is that the real villains aren't who you think. The real villains aren't Gucci Mane, and they're not Alien. The real hard demons turn out to be other than what you think. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So when you first see Alien, you kind of he's like basically the Satan character, Right, this guy seems like he's pure evil, and he's so hokey. He's kind of funny but also.
Speaker 2: Really yes, right, he's corny.
Speaker 3: Super corny. But then there's something about that the performance that's just I mean, I'm not a fan of like I think James Franco's probably you know, he seems like he's kind of a degenerate and in reality, but he did put on really good performances in this just artistically, he did a great job. And then let's see what happened next. Remember what happens next.
Speaker 2: We introduced to We're introduced to Gucci Mane. Gucci Mane is the big time gangster. He's got the actual estate, whereas you know, Alien is a mid level, mid tier gangster. Gucci Mane's got the biggest state. He gets in his face says.
Speaker 1: I brought you up, dog, I owned these streets, own these streets, and.
Speaker 2: You can tell the aliens resenting him. Alien wants, you know, to be the big dog. He's jealous of him. He wants to be running the streets, but you know, he's too scared to do anything. And so then we have this sequence where he's he's trying to basically get that get the gumption up to do something, and he's still scared. Gucci Mane pulls up and shoots his car and a stray bullet hits one of those chicks in the arm, and that's almost enough to send him over, but then his his the two that shit goes home. Right then she yeah too, look I'm out of this, I got a bullets.
Speaker 3: Weird, right, So she ended up marrying him. I think she's still married to him. They have a kid.
Speaker 2: So then he, uh, Alien's like, all right, that's enough, that's enough. And the two remaining hoes basically have to sleep with him and you know, sort of build them build up his his prowess. Right. Well, they it seems like they because they want him to do it. They're the ones that are really wanting it.
Speaker 3: They want to demonically influence him in a certain way, like they're they're constantly trying to egg him on, and they think it's just entertainment.
Speaker 2: Well you think he's the predator, that's what the thing is, and those two chicks are the real predators. And you start to get that, and he almost legitimately looks scared when they grab the guns and make him suck the guns.
Speaker 3: That's one of the most horrific parts.
Speaker 2: Right, So he actually looks starts looking scared like whoa yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Then he loves it.
Speaker 3: Then he's like ooh like and then he tells him y'all my soulmates.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so now he's got a new set of uh hell hounds to work with him.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then the I ring I don't I don't know what to make of the Britney thing other than here we have Brittany, another Disney princess, right, who's turned into these one of these mind control hose uh, you know, horror Babylon type things where she goes from innocent princess to horror Babylon And they're all singing Britney songs. And by the way, there's at least two Britney songs that come up in the movie.
Speaker 3: Well, so it's there's the scene, all right, So they go to his house, but it skips around in time a little bit, right because it's just the two girls are in his bedroom and he's showing them. He's showing them all his stuff.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Maybe can you play audio like brief clips of audio from films without getting demonetized. Eh, I'll do ten seconds. Franklin's here, we take all they can take, all shit, my shit, I got my blue koole. I don't know if you could hear that. I don't know if the audio goes through Skype when I do that. But he's jumping on his bed and his bed is full of money. His bed is filled with money, and he's got these two young girls with him and they love it. And he's got guns and money all over his bed, guns and weapons all over his walls. And he's jumping around in this like ecstatic state, talking about his spiritual his spiritual realm, which is just all his ship.
Speaker 4: Look at my ship.
Speaker 3: So I thought, I thought this was one of the best scenes in the film. And it just he's going through all his weapons and his guns and his money and his Calvin Klins.
Speaker 4: I got Calvin Klin escape.
Speaker 3: I smelled mess.
Speaker 2: And it squirts it like twenty times and both of you, like you could even mix them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, He's like take Calvin Klin Escape Calvin Klein b and he's sprays.
Speaker 3: It both on them. It shows all his his caps, all his hats that still have the stickers on it, all of his sneakers.
Speaker 4: He's like, I got shorts every color.
Speaker 2: He's like, color shorts.
Speaker 4: I got, I got shorts.
Speaker 3: His accent is so funny, and it's like you're cracking up watching the scene. But at the same time, it's like that is the millennial MTV dream, right, you know, a bunch of a bunch of weapons and money and uh, bitches, I got my bitches, I got my ship, I got my possessions.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: But it really is home. It's very it's there's nothing cool about it. The bed looks like, uh, you know scarfaces, you know.
Speaker 2: Some eighties out of date. It's uh, it's it's if you come, if you're if you're in Florida. You see a lot of those kind of houses that were you know, they were probably a million dollars back in the seventies and now they're all kind of run down. They look kind of nasty. On the ocean and the property would still cost a lot, but you know, the houses are pretty gross. So yeah, he's he's definitely in his mind, he's way above what he actually is. And it's funny too when he talks about his rap career, when he's describing who he is, he's like, oh, no, I sell drugs. But but he's like, but you see my YouTube videos. I'm about to.
Speaker 4: Blow up, Yeah, up on youth.
Speaker 3: He's like, I stand in front all these people, like I swear to God.
Speaker 4: He's like, I swear to God. It's humbling, y'all.
Speaker 3: You know which I thought that was a funny moment because you know when people usually say yeah, it was humbling, it's usually when they're humble bragging exactly, like it was so humbling, like having these people worship.
Speaker 2: Me, about to blow up on YouTube?
Speaker 4: Got my song on YouTube?
Speaker 3: What was the song called, like hanging with.
Speaker 2: The Dope Boys or something something dumbya.
Speaker 3: Some like trap song and the music.
Speaker 2: And with the Dope Boys.
Speaker 3: Right, So then he starts jumping around in ecstasy, grabbing his gun to saying I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Kill that motherfucker.
Speaker 3: I won't kill that mother and the girls are like yeah, yeah, like we love it, and then the girls.
Speaker 2: Then then he's then they're like, you're scared, You're scared, you're scared.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what what what are you gonna do? When you what are you gonna do about it? He starts, oh no. He takes the money and he like puts it up next to her face, and she's like says something about like this makes my.
Speaker 6: Pussy wet or something like the money makes my pussy wet.
Speaker 3: Which was just it's so cringey. Every one of the girl's lines. It's like you want to cringe. I think earlier in the film, when they first stole the money, one of them said like.
Speaker 6: It makes my tits look bigger.
Speaker 3: It's like really funny lines like this money makes my kids look Now.
Speaker 2: The dialogue was very base, very very degenerate, very dumb uh, which is a little off putting because you think, is the dialogue did he ride it that bad? Or is he just literally trying to describe how idiotic eighteen year olds would be talking you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think it was intentional, Like it's intentionally corny. The acting is intentionally like when the girls deliver lines, they are just repeating shit they heard on TV. Right, there's nothing coming from their soul. They're not speaking from their true self. It's just, you know, saying shit that they heard.
Speaker 6: The money makes my taste look bigger.
Speaker 3: That's like, there's nothing. It's very unattractive right there. It's very off putting, and they're they're destroying themselves the m Yeah. So then and then the chicks they take his guns and they and he's like, that's loaded, y'all, and they put it. They put the gun up to his head and they're like, how do you know what they say do? They say, like, how do you know we're not just going We're not just here to take all your shit? How do you know that we're not here? Let's say, I'll play the audio from this from this part. You think that you can just you think you can just fucking on us, they say, And then they say open your mouth, and they put the guns in his mouth and they force him to like perform sexual acts on the guns. It's really really gross scene, very hard to watch. One of the more horrific scenes.
Speaker 2: That I turned away. It was a bit much gross.
Speaker 3: It's really disgusting. And then it cuts to them him at the piano, and they've got pink their outfits. Do you remember what they're wearing in this in this music video.
Speaker 2: On the on their butts of the of the of the sweatpants, it says deep down to d T F d TF, Right, it's like this pans over their face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's got the DTF pants and they're wearing a unicorn pink ski masks, and they've got guns and they sing a Britney Spears song and then it's this. It's basically a music video of these girls and James Franco performing acts of violence and robbing just like normal Americans. Right, So there's a wedding.
Speaker 2: It's almost like it's it's in the mind what what in the minds of those people, they would think, you know, making it up the ladder, you know, social climbing plan, doing the game, you know that like in their minds, that's how they think it is. It's like in a music video.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: It's like that's how you get to the top.
Speaker 3: And it's literally a music video. So they're dressed up in all their brand new sneakers, like bright hot sneakers, and their their starter caps or whatever and they're they're you know, just pistol whipping people and the uh they go to a wedding and they smash this dude into the cake and it's just this really corny music video.
Speaker 2: Basically they start robbing people on spring break and people having parties.
Speaker 3: Right, you know what, Jay, let me, let me let's re establish the sky call because I'm getting like audio interference. Let me just restart the sky call real quick.
Speaker 5: What all right? There? You are?
Speaker 3: So yeah, And that sequence ends with them sitting in somebody else's house looking at three dudes tied up in a bed and there and they're smoking a joint and just like looking really cool with their guns and squinty eyes and looking hard in a music video. I don't know what to make of that sequence, but it's kind of it's kind of haunting, like the way it was shot in the camera angles and it's done cinematically really well with this really corny Britney Spears song. Yeah, but there's something that was kind of like haunting about it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's the fulfillment of her line at the beginning, you gotta be don't be scared of nothing. You got to act like you in a movie act like you're in a video game. You've got to be hard and then here it is.
Speaker 3: Right right, So, I mean it's it's funny. It's like, you know, the whole millennial world, what they aspire to, what we've been taught, uh since we were little kids to look forward to, is just you know, material possessions, money, guns, drugs, and hoes.
Speaker 2: And the irony, of course, is that it's not really real. I mean, the story is over the top. It's it's over the top in the same way as rap videos are over the top. You know, they're they're egregiously over the top right there, my allergies. I'm not snorting coked. I'm not doing those spring Breakers style.
Speaker 3: You're not hanging out with a riff raff over there South.
Speaker 1: Floorda uh pepple mint tint, my pepple mint tent.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Yeah, so the movie itself is over the top. I think the the ending is. And it's interesting that it's Gucci Mane. It's it's a over the top rapper who is the lead gangster who is callously, coldly just assassinated at the end. You know, we've seen this in Wrapped, you know, to a large degree of many rappers do get assassinated.
Speaker 3: Well, they hype them up, right, So they hype up James Franco and then they go to strip clubs and stuff. They do all the corny rap video ship and then you finally convince him you got to go kill this guy.
Speaker 2: You got to kill your you gotta kill Gucci Mane. And the irony there is James Franco is dead right away, like he gets shot right when they get off, right when they as soon as they're walking onto the plank of Gucci Mane's.
Speaker 3: They're on this Neon bridge.
Speaker 2: They pull up to his boat dock and they get as soon as he steps out, Jane Franks got shot in the head.
Speaker 3: He's down, yeah, And then they're on this like big Neon bridge and James Franco gets shot. Do they turn around and look or do they just keep running?
Speaker 2: Like they just keep running. They give him a kiss when they're coming out, but they just keep going. Take They take down all the Gucci Mane's guards, and they just.
Speaker 3: They don't even look. They just play the guns around and then the guys everyone falls, right, all these dudes fall. They break into Gucci Man's room Gucci Mane's room and he's there with his two he's got.
Speaker 2: Like he's in his hot tub and he's got two hoes in the shower he's watching. Yeah, and uh, they just and it's over. They run out, give James Franco a kiss and head out and the film. The film closes with the film closes with the two uh most wicked predators driving Gucci Mane's Maserati or whatever it was.
Speaker 3: So the the two Disney princesses raised on the pop culture. The only things they consume in this entire film. It never shows them eating any real food. They're just smoking weed, doing coke.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just drugs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they ate fruit loops one time.
Speaker 4: That's I noticed that.
Speaker 3: One time they consume fruit loops. But then they're you know, they're blowing weed, smoking each other's mouth or just getting uh fucked up the whole movie. And then did you they also in the last scene when they're leaving, they're talking to their parents on their cell phones.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and they're talking about how they want to be better and which is all bullshit. Yeah, it's all lies.
Speaker 4: Like I just I can't wait to come home.
Speaker 3: I've learned so much here.
Speaker 2: It's like, I wants to be a good girl now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's the most spiritual place I've ever been in my life.
Speaker 3: And stuff like saying these really corny things that are so juxtaposed to what the actions that they're taking are, and it's it's it's like horrific. You're seeing these girls and they're they're talking to their parents on the phone. The people who are funding their whole operation have no idea how demented and destroyed they are. They go and they you know, they kill all the black characters in the film, and these two little pampered chicks go back to their dorm room with the maserati from Gucci Maine and and they're just they're they're fine with it. They don't look guilty at all. They're not freaked out. It's just here's what we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the total moral abandoned, no no compunction, no sense of guilt, and the complete double thing, the ability in their own minds to call home say that they're good girls and they want to do much better. They want to get back to being a good girl the way they used to be. And then they murder a bunch of people and have no guilt about it and don't even care, right, they're just like continuing on. I think speaks to that's his portrayal of the dangers and degeneracy of the millennials, just like Kids was a portrayal of the dangerous and degeneracy of my generation gen X or whatever it's. It's it's very parallel to Kids. It's almost like the same type of film. Kids is about, you know, this group of friends that that have you know, total no moral compass, no no compunction. And then one of them, even if I recalled, isn't it he gets off basically on spreading aids. Isn't that The point is? Like he does even care that he has age. He's gonna spread.
Speaker 3: Where he I think, No, he doesn't know, but he doesn't want to know, right.
Speaker 2: That's right, he doesn't want to know. He's just just just who cares?
Speaker 3: Kelly? Right, that was his name was Kelly, Kelly exactly. And then Casper is the other guy, and Casper just finding out at the end, like he learns, right, doesn't he learn? Someone tells him and then he wakes up.
Speaker 2: And he goes it. Doesn't he go ahead and screw that girl? Anyway, that's what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what he does. He actually he doesn't care. He's always talking about I don't use no condom man, Like he's just like I'm sick with at Yo. They're all just you know, skateboarding around and there's steel beer and ship and I think the last scene of that film is him waking up and saying, what the fuck happened? And after just this night of infecting somebody with with HIV or no, he would have gotten HIV, right.
Speaker 2: It's something like that. It's been I haven't seen it since it came out.
Speaker 3: That's another horror movie.
Speaker 2: It's actually a horror and so so is that. It's just two different generations of of you know, how they how they were corrupted by pop culture, drugs, degeneracy, uh, temptation essentially. Yeah, And in that regard, yes, it is a telling film. I just don't it's kind of like the same. It's the ending of Under the Silver Lake, Like, what exactly does he mean by this ending? Does he mean that there's no hope for that generation, that they're just basically abandoned to moral nihilism or or what? How do you how do you read that ending for shrewd breakers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just pulled up the last shot. So the last shot, uh, well, they're in the car, and then the last shot is James Franco's dead body, the cameras upside down for some reason, the angles upside down. They kiss him with their fake pink ski mask on that has a unicorn on their on their third a and then they walk off in their bikinis across a neon bridge. That's the last uh, I think. I think basically what he's saying is that the driving force. Well, first of all, it's like James Franco, Gucci May and all these hard ass gangsters are not the real demons in the film. These two girls are actually literal demons. And there's a reference to it, which we forgot to talk about earlier, when Faith is talking to her friends and they're like, you gotta watch out for them girls. They got demon blood.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right. That the the the redneck chicks in her hometown. They're like, don't go down to Florida with them. They got demons in them.
Speaker 4: I'm anna pray for you.
Speaker 3: I'm all pray real hard. So they kill their own, you know, this guy that comes to save them they basically their whole thing is about baiting James Franco into it, taking all his possessions, taking his life, destroying all the lives around them. So I think it's basically just saying that the driving force behind, like the whole pop culture, degenerosity, destruction. He's showing that it it permeates through the little girls, Like it's not the hardcore gangsters that are destroying America, it's these little girls that are consuming the pop culture. And really what they're influenced by is the pop culture imagery, is the serial box map, just like What's his Face Andrew Garfield and the other film. So that's what drives their behavior. So I think ultimately it's about the demonic and spiritual nature of pop culture and what it's meant to do, And it's meant to commercialize, commoditize, and ultimately cannibalize all these other little subcultures and spit out people as a product.
Speaker 2: Yeah, instead of scripture as a map, instead of the Bible as a map, tradition, heritage that we've had as these maps. Now your map is something that your mind creates out of pop culture, whether it's a Zelda map or whether it's you know, a video game quest or whether it's the quest to become immortal through partying in and spring break you know locales, or to become a rapper and you know, ascend them to the the stardom of rapper nonsense, you know, it's all it's all fake. It's all built on break faull have that's what. Yeah, that comes up a lot in the film too, and uh, Alien says that three or four times at one point spry right fine right ruh.
Speaker 3: And then the girls, I think one of the last lines that they say might be spring Break forever bitches. It sounds so corny when they say it, right, It's like, but that's how they Yeah, they live in like they speak in tweets, they speak in Facebook, because even when they're talking to their mom, it's like this false you know, their voice sounds a little different. It sounds really corny. It sounds forced, it sounds fake. And that's intentional, right, he could have gotten good performances out of them and say those things like they mean it, but it's meant to sound false. It's meant to sound like there's three layers of bullshit in between the characters and their actions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so lying to others in line to yourself. That's another theme there, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And it's kind of spiritual deception too, right, where it's like the audience thinks that Alien is the devil character, right, you think Alien's this, Oh he's the devil, He's Satan. But it really turns out that these little eighteen year old girls fed pop culture, raised.
Speaker 2: On you know, fruit, are more wicked than Alien. Yeah yeah, right, al And they had a completely they had a completely different upbringing. You know, Alien his upbringing, unless he's all making it up, I mean seems to be he really did grow up on the streets and he really was, you know, taught the game by Gucci Man and all this stuff. That all seems to be really the case. And these girls are sheltered. They're from this small town, you know, they're just going to some community college or whatever. They're ready to get out, and they the irony is that they have been downloaded with the pop culture and have it's produced a more wicked character than Alien, who actually did grow up on the streets. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They're more destructive, more violent, more dangerous, and more evil. And it's funny. Yeah, and you're right, they go to spring Break to consume this like as an experience, right, So they they see people like Gucci Maine, these dudes that are really living these lives in the hood, and you know James Franco's character, they just they don't care about really connecting with these people or anything. It's just about it now.
Speaker 2: They see them as extras in their rap video. M h.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And they steal their car in the end and driving with their guns and all that, and it's people. When you watch the uh, I think a lot of people probably said, oh, it's so what a weird movie? Why is it so corny? In the end, they just they don't get shot at all. The girls are just running around waving guns around and everyone falls and it's just it's so unrealistic. But that that's the reality that they're given. They're given total false reality.
Speaker 2: To Yeah, they're chasing they're chasing a phantasm, they're chasing an illusion. And that would be another common theme amongst both of these movies is chasing down something that's not going to fulfill you. That's that's illusory. So now if you read it in that way, I think you can see it as as a positive assessment there.
Speaker 3: So what do you think Harmony Kurran. Do you think Harmony Kuran's trying to try to wake up the millennials or do you think he's just like satanically rubbing their face and their ship and saying, look what you did.
Speaker 2: It could be a mixed message there. I mean, I've never talked to him, but I think he's he's probably trying to do a bunch of different things at once. He probably wants to, on the one hand, have an interesting, meaningful message, but he's also got to please you know, Disney or whoever funds the films. But he's also got to you know, he's got to try to skate between Sola and Charybdis. So, you know, it's similar to any anybody who has a big name, you know, a bunch of stars in the film. It's it's hard to figure out what their motivations are. But yeah, I don't, I don't know. It's just I have to look and see what some some of what he says in interviews.
Speaker 3: Probably, But yeah, I remember when I first saw the movie, I did look at some of that and look at some of the promotional material. It was Yeah, what I remember is he was going for well, I mean, he didn't really say exactly what he was doing, but he seems like a very intelligent guy, very very very intelligent, knew exactly the aesthetic and stuff that he wanted, and he sought out this cinematographer the same have you seen Into the Void, horrible terrible horror film. That movie is freaky. Also the cinematographer that did that did this movie. So I think that's why you see a lot of the same colors and stuff like that. What was interesting about like the promotional stuff. They tried to promote this too millennial kids and teenagers as hot, sex, drugs, rock and roll, spring break movie. And the reaction was that everyone who saw the movie hated it. Right, they thought it was they thought they were going to see pop culture like, oh, it's gonna be this cool movie with boobies, and they went and it was just horrific. Yeah, you know, it was this very this very very terrible movie, intentionally corny, intentionally strange, and and I think the response critically was people hated it. Once said that this is a terrible movie, don't go see it, like hashtag spring Breakers sucks, stuff like that. So I think that was maybe his intention, like kind of trying.
Speaker 2: To think so that makes sense, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because he knew commercially how it would be. He doesn't have control over like the trailers and this and that, and he probably figured how it would be marketed. And yeah, it must it must have been an interesting process making this film. But but definitely yeah, you know, very very gaudy, right, like very uh tacky.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the sex scenes are like gross, right, anytime that there's some sexuality or kissing or something, it's like over tongue, like really really gross. Like human contact in the film is portrayed as violent almost, like all the sex is it feels violent, and the violence is made sexy, which is kind of I guess that's the how they do it in pop culture these days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like there's no understanding of a difference between like eroticism or genuine seduction or something like that and just really gross porn like it like the whole generation was over pornographized.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know what was interesting. I know you've done some stuff on the Broni's and the weird subcultures and stuff. They they're watching the only film like on their TVs. They're watching My Little Pony, and I think care Bears, And.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't notice the care Bears. I saw that my little Pony stuff. Yeah, the brony crop.
Speaker 3: I might be wrong about care Bears, but I saw My Little Pony. And then Kimbo Slice Street Fights on YouTube. It's like in the background, it's for some reason watching the Kimbo Slice beat the shit out one in a backyard. But yeah, really really weird movie. I actually I don't know what do you Which one did you enjoy? More Silver lak Ers spring Breakers?
Speaker 2: Well, you've You've pulled up some points in spring Breakers that I miss so I'm rethinking some of the elements of it that I missed. That I that I didn't catch that first because I've only seen it once. Yeah, I like Under the Silver like a little bit better, just because of the depth and the twin peaks and old Hollywood references. That's and I kind of feel like an Andrew Garfield type of character. Not that I'm a listless millennial, but I'm right on the edge of you.
Speaker 3: Know, gen z and millennial and you're really into older women like grannies.
Speaker 2: I live with a naked hippie, a naked boomer hippie. Now and I like to ten birds. There's twenty bird cages shitting, bird shitting everywhere. Now, Yeah, I like that. It was you know, he's basically decoding Hollywood and he doesn't know how to process it. And it's an ambiguous ending. But you know, the synchronistic you know, connections and the weird stuff behind the pop culture. It's all true. You know, what we're gonna do with that is a different question, but it's it's all there. There's no question that the movie makes it clear that it is true. You know, he kind of gives up. Is that the right response? I don't know, but but it was fun. We'll have to do another one of these. We'll pick out a couple more movies. I'm gonna have to go here pretty soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I gotta get out of here too. I'm sitting down too long. My back hurts.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cool man, Hey, that that was fun.
Speaker 2: I like this.
Speaker 3: It's I've wanted to do movie reviews at some point, but it's so it's hard to do it.
Speaker 2: On your own.
Speaker 3: We got to you got a little siskeel and.
Speaker 2: Either Yeah, it's better when there's two people and and you you've you noticed and pick up things I missed. So yeah, that's always good to have two to have two eyes on something, four eyes on something.
Speaker 3: All right, So I got a suggestion for the next one. You probably already know because they're bugging you about this one already. So it ties in with the same theme with you know, the following the White Rabbit down the.
Speaker 2: Whole three episodes into Utopia.
Speaker 3: That's what you're gonna say, exactly, so awesome. So we'll do Utopia next once you finish that series. I think I think there's twelve episodes. Ye, and it's yeah, it's easy to watch because there's a captivating story. But we'll do that next. So you guys can find more at a Jay's Analysis dot com. I gotta say, if you're not already subscribe to Jay's Analysis dot com, you gotta become a subscriber. He not only does he do a lot of you know, pop culture analysis and stuff to uh.
Speaker 4: To bring the kids in, to bring the the the views.
Speaker 3: You gotta get the clicks, but you know what, he does some of the most incredible theological analysis of modern culture and as well as just he breaks down some of the old church father's books, and uh, he does a globalist book series that's really good. His website and his YouTube channel. I mean he's he's giving you like university level theology lectures for free on YouTube almost every other day, and I can't even keep up with it. I sometimes have to listen to his lectures twice to to really understand what, uh the deep truth that he's getting to there. So make sure to check out Yeah, check out Jasonnalysis dot com and check out his got to subscribe to his channel as well, and then JJ By.
Speaker 2: The way, if you're listening on my channel or at my audio podcast series or whatever, if you're on iTunes and you're hearing this, definitely check out Primal Edge hell too. I need to promote your stuff. I mean, uh, since we've been doing shows, I've been going back. I've been watching your episodes that you do, and you've been cranking out interviews. I listened to the interview you did with Bobby that was really fascinating where you got into his history with you know, his views on veganism, how he's evolved on that issue. I've listened to the interview you did with Carnival. So I've been I've been catching up on your stuff and there's a lot of good stuff you're doing there too.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks man, Thanks, Yeah, it's it's fun.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: We've got been through a lot of different incarnations of the channel and the years, but I like the direction we've been going lately. It's more fun. When I first started out, the first few years, it was basically just like, hey, it was basically just me on my porch, grab the camera. Usually don't have a shirt on because I live in Ecuador and it's always nice and hot. So most of my old videos are just me talking about nutrition and food and diet and stuff. But I've been enjoying the live streaming thing ever since this came out.
Speaker 2: It's a blast.
Speaker 3: It's really good. I'm really glad. I hopefully we can keep live streaming and we don't get kicked off at YouTube too soon. But yeah, we'll do this again. Maybe once you finish Utopia, we can review Utopia and talk about that, because that definitely ties in a lot with the nutrition stuff we talk about on this channel as well. Remember, guys, it's not.
Speaker 2: Just because Yeah, the third episode, now they're talking about the food company being involved in the conspiracy.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, yeah, and I think they even get a little bit deeper later on. They have some good shots of the corn fields when they're talking about that, right, they flashed through the corn fields. So yeah, Utopia, that was a series twenty thirteen and fourteen and in the UK that's what we're gonna talk about next. So if you guys haven't seen the Utopia series from Channel four UK, check that out. We'll do that and maybe next week we'll.
Speaker 2: Get to it.
Speaker 3: And if you have any other suggestions of movies we can do as ateric analysis of definitely definitely let us know we Oh, you know what, Jay, do you have time to answer this question? This is my friend Andrew Scarborough. He's a really cool Guy's so Andrew Scarborough. He's a cancer survivor. He had a brain tumor and he uses a ketogenic carnivore diet to keep from having seizures all the time and it works pretty dang well. He says, what do you think of the Daniel fast theologically and otherwise?
Speaker 2: I remember reading about this a long time ago. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with that. I would say that's a profitable thing. Probably. There you go, there you go.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, the book of Daniel is really interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cool, So everybody, nice night, didn't you isn't Daniel your your patrons.
Speaker 2: Say it is. Yeah, I chose Daniel. Correct.
Speaker 3: Nice nice man. So you guys check out Utopia series. We'll do that one next. We'll talk about that one ties in with food social engineering, also media being used as you know, kind of leading people down certain paths of understanding. And I think you guys will like that chat. So we'll talk about that next one. And Jay, what else you got going on now?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: You got anything new? You know you've got a new book, right, we'll up of the book.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you definitely. You can get signed copies of us Star Callwood two in my shop at Jason also, so you can get part one as well. Everybody's orders are out, so they're all caught up. Yours went out probably about a week ago.
Speaker 3: Brother got it. Yeah, he's going to bring it to me.
Speaker 2: I'll have it on next one okay. Yeah cool. So so yeah, everybody's just in the mail. Sorry that it took longer. I ran out really quick the first batch, so they were sold in three or four days, so I had to wait until I came back to Florida and got a whole new batch of books. But anyway, so they're all it's all good now, all pretty much five star reviews. So far, I think nine people have reviewed it in four point five four point five out of five.
Speaker 3: So don't get it Amazon though, right, you don't want people.
Speaker 2: Don't pay Jeff Bezos. If you want to get it, get it for me. It's a little bit more, but I'll sign it. And next coming up, I'm about a third of a way into video making and the style of the Eye of the Double video that since that video did pretty good, this one's going to be about a recap of like the pop culture ceremonies that we've been given. So going back to Tim Leary, going back to the sixties, looking at big mass ceremonies, you know, coming from that period all the way up to Super Bowls, Olympics. You know this, these degenerate.
Speaker 3: Ceremonies that that tuttle ceremony.
Speaker 2: Everybody's sweet, Theton Gutenberg Turnle, the Swedish Tunnel. Definitely, that one's in there because we forget about these ceremonies, like we because they just crank them out and then you know, this year, it's oh, what's this year's Super Bowl garbage about? What's this year's VMA is about. I wanted to recap these because I've never really covered those in depth, give my analysis of them, but having in you know, like a thirty forty minute mini documentary style. So I'm about a third of the way that it should be out in the next few days.
Speaker 3: Oh that's awesome, dude. Yeah, It's interesting how these ceremonies and these mass events people don't even understand kind of the cultural roots and then you know the spiritual roots of these these things and why they're done. You know, I mean, you get thousands of people in one area chanting something like these these are powerful effects on human consciousness. And yeah, that'll be good, man. I look forward to that one. So guys, make sure to subscribe to Jay's channel. I'll pin in the pin comment on this video will be Jay's website and his channel, so check them out there and check out his book Esthoteric Hollywood two. I'm sure it's great. I haven't seen it yet. I haven't gotten my copy yet, but I'm excited to read it. So thanks Jay.
Speaker 2: All right, man, God bless have a good day
Speaker 5: Alright,