Speaker 1: Good money, good money, Good morning, Welcome, Welcome Ango. It's time down for our community connection right here on Kay one, the one you trust. Seems like we've got a lot of friends in Dewey. Today. We have Lori Tabla Herron, and we have a busy, busy agenda today. We're gonna first to start off with parks. Why don't we do that?
Speaker 2: I think so because I'll be leaving from here straight to Tulsa with the ladies.
Speaker 3: In one car. It's going to be crazy.
Speaker 2: But we're heading down to check out some of the eighty a parks down in Tulsa. Check out just what they have, you know, their their equipment and how it's installed, and just get an idea of a visual, tangible look of the.
Speaker 1: Parks and kind of maybe see what we can use right here. Bring those ideas.
Speaker 2: Back home and bring it more, you know, to fruition in our head than to see it just on a piece of paper.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that'd be great. See how it functions. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: So that is what I'm starting off today. But we have to get to that traffic light.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, D seventy five, I've hearing about this right me too, I bet you have, so we do have that.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately it was taken out and so it is going to be a lengthy process to fix. Mister Trees is already dealing with the insurance UH, the traffic light company, and then we also have the relocation of electricity across the road correct and then we also have the next stop dealing with O DOT.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of factors that deal with the you know, the public works, and then mister Trees have to factor in to relocating electricity and then just put in, you know, a whole new system up now.
Speaker 1: This was covered in the city council meeting and I remember reading the news story on it and it seemed to me like, yeah, there's going to be some hoops. There's going to be maybe a little time of uncomfortability but just a little bit. But band together, play as a team, and it'll all come through before you know it.
Speaker 2: Patience goes a long way, it does, and so but it will still remain before you know, a stop. That's four ways he said that, like turning into the red flashing light. So it will remain a stop in all directions still no matter what. But appreciate all the patients and they're doing the best that they can as fast as they can with this kind of huge issue.
Speaker 1: Now you got to remember this is not just all local hands involved.
Speaker 3: There's so many.
Speaker 1: You got the state, you got the assurance, you got every a lot of.
Speaker 3: Cooks in this kitchen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be patient.
Speaker 3: Right, So we also have big news. We have O'Reilly's in town. You don't have to leave town now to go to the autopart store. So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I believe the opening day will be the twenty ninth, but we'll make sure that and we'll put out a post and I'm sure O'Reilly's will put out everything. But that is the date that I'm told, and I'm going to stand in line be the first one there.
Speaker 1: You go, get your jocket. Where are they going to put the excuse me us?
Speaker 2: Right next door to the south side Dollar General? Okay, right next to the new traffic light. When we get it in, so go the other way into town. So want to deal with that issue. But that's gonna be pretty cool, pretty lucrative for our town, especially just you know, people caney right there.
Speaker 3: If they don't have any where they have, sure it'll it's gonna be really cool.
Speaker 2: They've already got to sign up, they've already got the it's it's looking trick pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Come on, what right next to the far away empowering everybody?
Speaker 1: You can just come on, go pay and get.
Speaker 2: Me there you go, and then, uh, well I heard mister Joe was here already. Joe is gonna talk about his second Family Film Festival.
Speaker 3: It's the free outdoor Movie, which is so it's gonna be cool. It's the Luck of the Irish this time.
Speaker 2: And it's Saturday at seven thirty pm. Like you said, he said, he's providing large heaters in case there's a little bit of that early spring chill outside.
Speaker 3: And of course there's popcorn to purchase.
Speaker 2: So h my friend and I this is that we're gonna try and definitely make it and see what all this is about and enjoy ourselves.
Speaker 1: Well, I tell you what you got that nice smooth Slabna's cheating and heating him very.
Speaker 3: Sitting heating and eating.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I missed that one, young people.
Speaker 2: Other than that, we just have our second. Saturdays are going again, so we have the second.
Speaker 3: We already had one. So last weekend was it was pretty fun. Downtown was busy love it. We just antique shows.
Speaker 1: Are stores are well, they are business like it. Yeah, because they've put on the dog for all these I love.
Speaker 2: Seeing people walking up and down the streets on a Saturday so with music playing. And so it's gonna be. We got linger longer, we got everything. We've got Christopher and Weston, and we have the city chic. We have uh, this wonderful new one. I can't call the name forgive me, but I'm gonna go check her out.
Speaker 3: She's right next to VNG Fruits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was trying to mold the name to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was it in? No, and I know my love you susc cues.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: She's another one right next to v Toccuse Yeah, city cheek and.
Speaker 2: Then we have across the street. I'll make sure to make a wonderful post on her.
Speaker 1: There we go. It's great. Now you're with also with friends of Dewey Park and part of this thing you like, you said you're going down to tell us how are the brick sales going? Pretty good?
Speaker 2: They're still going on, you know, it's it's still a tentative thing that you know, we have them kind of hanging out like will we walk a candy in the air, just getting more and more, so we can see how many we could start to have the order put placed.
Speaker 3: And then put out in the park.
Speaker 2: That's you know, so they are they are, They're real, it's just that there we haven't ordered them yet.
Speaker 1: How's the ground.
Speaker 3: Prep A couple of the ground prep is well, you mean all that mud?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well let's see what's really prepped up.
Speaker 3: The bathrooms, that is the big thing. So they are so cool.
Speaker 2: It's going to be such a great asset for downtown and they look really nice. I mean I've never built a bathroom before, but the public Works is working on that and also mister Trees, so it's.
Speaker 3: Looking pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do something here. Maybe maybe the guys and gals and public Works don't know I'm going to do it. They do a lot of work, They do a lot of things that a lot of us don't really know, and they really like to keep there. They just like to be under the radar.
Speaker 3: They do, but they get a lot of flak.
Speaker 1: They're the ones taking care of business. Did you know that they.
Speaker 3: Did grades I do. I do.
Speaker 1: A lot of people didn't know that.
Speaker 2: And when I found that out, I brought a lot of a lot of emotion.
Speaker 3: You know, they didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Just are our gentlemen and all municipalities. They're the ones that take care of our loved ones when they're passing, you know.
Speaker 3: So that's pretty pretty deep, pretty deep.
Speaker 2: And then here they are getting flack for not putting in a traffic light quick enough.
Speaker 1: It's out of their control, correct.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I got to meet a few your crews when we had the water main problem in the park. You want to talk about some hard workers. You know, you got to dig pretty darn hard, pretty darn fast, and pretty dark and accurate to get a pretty good sized hole down so you don't break anything even further. And they were going right at it, and they weren't taking no for an hands. I just said, hi, guys, busy. Fortunately you were there to do the talking. But they were. They were great. They were really diligent and you know, just just hard working soul.
Speaker 3: They are. The whole city is a pretty fine working machine.
Speaker 1: I just want to give a little you know, they can sit there and say oh shucks if they want to, but I'm gonna I've gotta tell them thanks.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm sure I'll hear.
Speaker 1: You know they're good folks, all right, So we got a lot going on, not going on. Now, you're doing this thing with the parks with your friends at Simple Simon's pizzas. I understand those are going on.
Speaker 3: Yes, how could I forget that?
Speaker 2: So once a month, Miss Randy, is a dedicating portion of the sales to the friends of doing parks. And so our last one was on March fourth, and it was Marti Grathmed and it went pretty well. And so it will be happening all the way through the summer and then all the way to the end of the year. So once a month we'll be sure to put that out to that come in and eat at Simple Simon's and Dewey and help support the park and get those bricks ordered faster.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, The portion of the broseeeds on those special nights absolutely go to the friends of Dewey Park. And you know what a great way to invest in a good meal, invest in a great community partner, yes, and also do something great for the citizens of your town all at the same time, all while just enjoying a nice meal.
Speaker 2: This one's small nonprofit I'm part of, Ture turned into a big thing for the city.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Oh, that is just absolutely great, you know it's it's always great to have you on board here and letting us know what's going on. We'll make sure that everybody understands fully.
Speaker 3: You can always go to the website too.
Speaker 1: It's to the website. We'll go for it. What's your website?
Speaker 3: The City of Dewey. Yeah, ww dot cityado dot com.
Speaker 1: That's it. It's really easy to remember. Even I can do that, and I'm an idiot. All right, Well, I want to thank you for being here with us today.
Speaker 3: Anything else you want to nerve yourself.
Speaker 2: No, I think all my little chicken scratch notes have made it, and I feel like my little city is going to.
Speaker 3: Make it too.
Speaker 1: It always Dewey.
Speaker 3: Yes we can.
Speaker 1: Yes, I got a pat in that, Glorie. Thank you very much, Tom, thanks for listening to one on one with a professional, A paid presentation at fourteen hundred K one