Speaker 1: All right, little after ten o'clock on a Tuesday means Tuesday's tool Dave, who we have zero, one, three or none?
Speaker 2: Wait, no, zero is none. Let's find out what do I love gentlemen when it comes to hunting for tools in this Bridezilla's this isn't one of those. Let's call this woman Diane. Hi Diane, Hi Diane, thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Card dirty Diana.
Speaker 2: Color whatever you want?
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Diane, who's thirty six, says she has a younger sister with three kids, ages seven, five, and three. She says, I'm child free by choice, which has always been a point of contention in my family. My sister especially has been very vocal about her belief that a woman's purpose is to be a mother and how I'm missing out on the best part of life. In the past, she says she's ignored these comments to keep the peace, but recently her sister's oldest kid apparently asked her again why she chose not to have kids. I tried to give a vague, polite answer, but they kept pressing. Their mom told them that I would change my mind one day, because everybody does. At this point, I decided it was time for the truth and revealed to her sister's children that she valued freedom, career, and personal time. I explained that while some people love being parents, others find happiness in different ways, and it's okay not to have kids if that's what makes you happy. I also added that everyone's life choices are valid as long as they're happy and fulfilled. This did not go over well with the sister, who overheard part of the conversation. She blew up at me, accusing me of trying to brainwash her kids and undermine her parenting. She said I was selfish replanting doubt in her kids' minds about the importance of family. She even accused me of glamorizing a lifestyle that she feels as empty and meaningless. Then the parents called and they sided with the sister over her conversation with the kids. They said I should have just humored the kids are deflected, and that I owed my sister an apology for causing unnecessary drama. I don't think I did anything wrong. I was honest, respectful, and gave a balanced perspective. I'm tired of being made to feel like my choice as our lesser or need to be hidden just to avoid conflict. I believe it's important for kids to know there are different paths in life and not all of them involve having kids. Am I the tool for being honest with my sister's children.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 2: So you want me to go go pretty simple to me.
Speaker 1: I'm just so tired of everybody giving we must answer the children of every question to have No, you know what, First of all, you look at the kid after the third time asking or the first time, and you say it's inappropriate question to ask me. And secondly, it's none of your damn business why I don't want to have kids.
Speaker 2: And then you send the kid.
Speaker 1: On his way, and then Mama can come talk to you a little bit later, so you don't have to explain it to you, this whole thing of well, you've got to sit down and give them all the angles of every issue. No, it's none of your damn business. I'm so tired of kids thinking that they're on the same lie level of parents and adults. Look, I'm the adult, you're a child. You figure it out and don't ask me a personal question about having children. It's none of your damn business. And it's a good lesson for this kid, because he shouldn't be asking older women why they're not having kids, because she might have an ailment, she might.
Speaker 3: Be barren, she might be barren.
Speaker 2: And have a conversation with your sister.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you, the kids a tool, and the mom's a tool, and the sister the sister too. Yeah, it's none of your damn business why I chose not to have kids.
Speaker 2: Are you jealous? Are you jealous about my life's correct? Sounds like you might be.
Speaker 3: I forgot. Did you give the age of the kids.
Speaker 2: Seven, five and three?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, they're young.
Speaker 1: They're not tools. They're not tools if they were teenagers. They need to hear it's done, because John would ask questions and I would say, it's none of your damn business.
Speaker 3: The three year old is in fact a tool because it's set behind me at a restaurant. I will vouch for that. So the answer is the three year old is tool.
Speaker 2: If we're gonna talk about my not having kids every time I see you people, we're not going to see each other. No, this is my life. I'm happy. Can you please be happy for me? Okay, every time.
Speaker 1: But here's where these can be getting sistine. Okay, the other the other sister might go, oh, my god, you're totally blowing up this situation. I brought it up once in five years because I'm so happy as a mother. I just wanted you to share that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Now I'm badgering you about this thing.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And the other sisters, yes, you're badgering me, and the parents have to come in and go, well, everybody shut up.
Speaker 2: If the seven year old decided to ask the question, it's been brought up to her many many times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Susan and I will be out a lot and people go, oh, how long you been married. We'll say, oh, going on thirteen years. And I'll see do you have any kids? I'll say no, no, no kids. And now I always go good.
Speaker 2: You good, oh, because it's you too.
Speaker 3: It's you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we're all I'm surprised you don't go we have one.
Speaker 2: His name is Nammy Stick.
Speaker 3: He's a ferry one. But he's smarter than your kids.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yes, John, rocket surgery naval officer of yours. How long did it take John to learn not to poop in the house?
Speaker 1: By the way, the Monkey Moms series, The second the second episode ramped up the crazy.
Speaker 3: Don't they wear diapers?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, so they ramped up the crazy. Plus what's called the chimp chicks. It's the chimp chimp mom or chimp Gosh, it's on Netflix.
Speaker 2: The chimp pimps.
Speaker 3: It's called the monkeys.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: It's basically a tiger king, except for it's much worse because then the tiger king when they got too old, they just killed the tigers, right, which I think is a little more humane than did letting these chimps sit in these cages.
Speaker 3: This is her.
Speaker 1: Once they get to a certain age, they get so strong. When they get older, they get so strong and they really look scary.
Speaker 2: Face off.
Speaker 1: Well, so in the middle of the second episode it's on Netflix, you gotta watch it, they show She Knew the Lady, where the chimp ripped the girl's face off, and the recording of the phone call.
Speaker 2: Why are you laughing?
Speaker 3: She's stupid enough to get a champ after her friends gets her face.
Speaker 2: She had chimps way before.
Speaker 1: So they play the phone call of the lady, remember that made national news.
Speaker 2: And she was like, she's he's killing my friend.
Speaker 3: He ripped her face.
Speaker 1: Off, and then she pauses and goes, oh, he's eating her. So the cop comes rolling in, man, but the EMS has to stay out because the chimp is still outside and he's so strong, So he goes, he stays in his car and he goes. The chimp comes to the cop car right, and he says, he grabs the car and.
Speaker 2: Is shaking the car.
Speaker 1: That's what he goes, dude, the tires were coming off the ground. What of a squad car because the chimps are so strong, So he gives. He goes, he comes over and rips the car door off the car.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: So he's staring at him and he puts his hands up and he says, he pauses for a second, like shoot me, Like please just kill me. So he started to rush the cop and the cop way back back back back bay and they ran off and he died in the cage.
Speaker 2: But the lady on the ground missing a face.
Speaker 1: So he pulled her eyeballs out, holds her nose off, and pulled her jaws.
Speaker 3: Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: She had no jaw, no nose, no eyeballs baked. They interview her.
Speaker 1: Later and she has a little flap of u satin over her face and he and she just goes.
Speaker 2: He'd give a real number on me. You know she died. You know what, she's still alive. Face rip off girl.
Speaker 3: You know what died? You know what the monkey's name was? What furious George?
Speaker 2: I swear to God, I think it was Kevin. Wasn't swear God? I think the chimp's name was Kevin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got away, don't you hell? In a hot air baboon.
Speaker 2: They teach these monkeys.
Speaker 1: They teach these chimpanzees to use the bathroom in the in the and flush the toilet. They teach them to use the micro this this is one that cocoa or or the hell.
Speaker 2: The name of the monkey was Kevin.
Speaker 1: They yeah, they he warmed up his own food in the microwave and they got a fork out and was eating his own food at the watching TV.
Speaker 3: Absolutely And I was like.
Speaker 2: What the hell?
Speaker 3: They're like, these little watch key kids in New York. You know what? You know I got, you know, I got the house stop, you know I got the how with a monkey?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Hey, Tony's breaking alignment. Baby, that's monkey wrench, that's why. Yeah, monkey wrinch. Listen, guys, gals, Finally a place that you can hear me out. Trust you could trust when it comes to maintenance and prevent a maintenance on your vehicle. Three generations they've been in business. And now why is that important. It's because family owned and operated businesses. They just care more. They care more about the name, they care more about the product. They care more about the service they provide so much to the point they don't give you just a warranty. At Tony's breaking Alignment, Oh contraer bonjour, they give you a three year, thirty six thousand mile warranty on every single job they do. Folks, put your mind at rest. Go with the best, and that's Tony's break in Alignment.
Speaker 1: That's the way.
Speaker 3: Hang on.
Speaker 2: I've been vindicated for the two strap on the backpack.
Speaker 3: Oh come on, Oh.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely, Millennials say it is absolutely two straps.
Speaker 2: Gen X is the gen X is the only one that did the one strap.
Speaker 3: Guys, that's the coo. The one strap backpack. That's acceptable.
Speaker 2: You're fifty six old timer.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, that's why I would never wear both straps.
Speaker 2: And the back felt confident in my way.
Speaker 3: First of all, I don't carry a backstrap. I carry my briefcase.
Speaker 1: You carry like you're moving the fifth fleet. Well to do a three hour show.
Speaker 3: I do have a lot of novelty everything. Look in front of me. I've got a coffee mug, my water jar, my backup coffee mugs.
Speaker 2: Old times, I must be stimulated at all.
Speaker 3: Time, my fidget spinner and my pot leaf stress relief smush.
Speaker 2: Thank you. She's the same one that gave us the name for it. I'll tell you she gots.
Speaker 3: What's her name?
Speaker 2: Du Maureen?
Speaker 3: Hey, Maureen, here's what I think about your answer to Tony.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Maureen. I was right to wear the two straps on the back.
Speaker 3: Oh you're not. You know what?
Speaker 2: I was wearing shorts in a little polo, so I did feel like an eight.
Speaker 3: Did you wear a little spinner hat?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Were you looking one of these gigantic lollipops? Excuse me, missus jury duty person.
Speaker 2: We don't we don't recuse anyone.
Speaker 3: That's weird that a government and boy would be condescending. Long answer, Well, supply chain issues are causing navy pants to not get to the sailors.
Speaker 2: What navy pants?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Uh, the United States Navy has a pants problem. Navy officials confirmed that they've run out of Navy working uniforms, which is the go to uniform for most sailors like your kid. UH Navy Exchange currently is out of stock, as well as online stores the UH. They're saying this because the supply chain issues and blame the shortage and say they won't be able to replenish the stock until October at the earliest. The meantime, sailors are being alerted, hang onto your pants, try not to get them ripped.
Speaker 2: Which there's so many different types.
Speaker 3: The Navy working uniform.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, and if you get them ripped, don't tell you.
Speaker 2: Take a dollar out.
Speaker 3: What about Donald Duck? Donald d pants? Donald Duck didn't wear pants and he just wore the navy top.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, he was in the Navy.
Speaker 1: He did pretty well, right, he did all right. Lots of pasta, lots of pasta. Louisville dot Com stop on by thirty seven seventeen lexinted road in the heart of Saint Matthew's pimento cheese sandwich again today because I can't stay say.
Speaker 2: No, excellent. I had a tuna salad sandwich this morning for breakfast on some lots of pasta. Milwaukee Rye and you should be ashamed of that.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: No, that's way better than like bacon and sausage and eggs and danish, no question.
Speaker 3: This is clean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, folks, I said it last week.
Speaker 1: I ate the chicken salad sandwich on their dinner roll and I was like, ate it for breakfast, don't care.
Speaker 2: It's got slivers of almonds, celery, a little bit of curry, pineapple too.
Speaker 1: Man, these are all homemade at lots of pasta to stop on by again thirty seven to seventeen Lexinted Road in the heart.
Speaker 2: Of scene, and those are all rabb and go. The tuna salad, the chicken salad gets someone on your way out, the dough grabbing, and the chicken ch pasta salad.
Speaker 3: Getting back to your chimp story, they should have known that that chimp, furious George was gonna wind up tearing her face off.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Why because the chimp's father did the same thing and this was just a chip off the old block.
Speaker 2: I took a while after this.
Speaker 1: News Radio eight forty w h as our first day without Courtney Donahoe.
Speaker 2: Second day, second day.
Speaker 1: Can I finish our first day with Courtney without Courtney Dunehoe we lost, moved to today to start a new streak.
Speaker 2: Today we win. Are you guys ready? Today we win? Today is the day thank you when a new streak is launched.
Speaker 3: Streak.
Speaker 2: That's why they call him the Streaks.
Speaker 1: Invented by Courtney Donahoe and continued by Dave Jennings.
Speaker 2: Go for it, dude, all right. These were all top twenty hits back in the day, including you bring Me.
Speaker 6: Talk about Big Breast Bead, Stay Lady, Steve, any possibilities overrated?
Speaker 3: Yeah, his lyrics aren't.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just saying he if you talk to people that grew up in that era, he's godlike. I mean they would they travel to the moon to go see him. I mean I went to go see him and I because like that could not or could He will.
Speaker 2: Be at Riverband September the eleventh, nine to eleven featuring Bob Dylan.
Speaker 3: Cod sound like go er Pile, doesn't he He.
Speaker 2: Does a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't have Bruce Springsteen without this guy. Another reason I hate him spring I mean early pictures of Springsteen. He was trying to copy the guy.
Speaker 3: I wonder if if he comes out like for the Encore, if it goes dark and a sunny walks out and goes surprise, surprise, surprise.
Speaker 2: Kenny Rogers Ruby, don't take your love to town, Take.
Speaker 3: Your love town.
Speaker 2: Sixty nine.
Speaker 3: I like sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I opened the door. Yeah, yeah, you did, speaking of that colon cancer walk guess at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Yes, yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: Let him know we don't have a backdoor to our studio, David, here we go. You know what she's gonna do with the love in town?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: What's up? Anything she wants? Cowboy? Okay, here's one you may or may not have heard of. This is a dude Tony Joe White. Pick a name, Poke Salad.
Speaker 3: Annie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he passed away two years ago. I think maybe three years ago.
Speaker 3: Oh like the Elvis version. My mama. I used to go out and pick up a mess of that poke salad.
Speaker 2: Big chunky white dude, Elvis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, right towards the end, Tony Tony White, Tony Joe White, t j W.
Speaker 2: I'm still at sixty nine.
Speaker 3: She'd pick up a mess of this to poke salad, and I say, perfectly was a snicker bar.
Speaker 1: This is kind of music you find Peter Bruce Springsteen are the Burt Reynolds Gator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that the only salad named after a president? Well there was this. There's not president, but there's a Caesar salad. Oh, that's true.
Speaker 3: Nancy used to like toast salad.
Speaker 2: Ronald Ring and what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Sometimes, Laura, she would like a snicker bar salad.
Speaker 2: All right, stop everybody sing along, sweet Caroline. Ah, this isn't a It's like sixty sixty stadium rock now man? And who plays this? Is that? Boston Red Sox, Boston Red Sox seven.
Speaker 3: Touching hands.
Speaker 2: I can't begin to know when no is what he said? No one heard it all, not even the chair and.
Speaker 3: Spring big came the supper. Find out more about this song at www. Dot.
Speaker 2: People would kill me if I don't let the chorus go through.
Speaker 3: I hope this is the clean version. Please let it be.
Speaker 2: Touching you. That sounded like Fauci, Yeah, touching you?
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: I'm still at sixty.
Speaker 1: I like sixty nine in nineteen sixty nine. Yeah, I've been inclined. I'd like to go to the Red Sox game just for this moment.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would go. We got a couple more get to you would drive to Boston.
Speaker 3: Just to hear this turn of the song.
Speaker 1: Great man, Get out of Get out of Shyly. You're like a Dwight named Sue p RP Man.
Speaker 3: And you know it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, oh boy named Sue Johnny Cash, this would be you, dude.
Speaker 3: I'll like sixty nine for sure on this right me, Sue. The best one is uh, I got it one piece of time.
Speaker 2: Man, it didn't cost me.
Speaker 3: What else you get?
Speaker 2: The number one song on this date. August the twenty nineteen something Hockey.
Speaker 1: Talk Woman not to confuse with Ruby nineteen sixty nine, sixty nine.
Speaker 2: It's n sixty four number one song, David. I know, I thought this would sentient for you and you'd struggle, but no.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna get my dinghy out and Courtney Dinghy Cody Donaho says, I hate sweet Sweet Caroline, not as much as I hate the socks.
Speaker 3: Ah because she's probably a Yankee goal.
Speaker 2: Oh we love Courtney donoh or she's a Yankee goal.
Speaker 3: She could be a Mets girl.
Speaker 2: No way, no way.
Speaker 3: She's a classic bro.
Speaker 2: She is a classic bro. People like Yankee girls.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Nineteen sixty nine, Homey Go with It, Honkey Tonk Women was number one August to twenty seventh, nineteen sixty nine. You guys areny.
Speaker 4: You got.
Speaker 1: All over it all right back after this, who we have, we're gonna talk about colon's.
Speaker 2: You can talk about Southern comfort hot tubs. First, cleanse your colon.
Speaker 3: Listen, maybe, baby, baby, baby, get your colon in that nice, warm water of a Southern comfort hot tub. That's right. They got jets for everything in your Southern comfort hot tub. If you think you can afford.
Speaker 2: A hoteer, this advertisement right.
Speaker 3: They do love this. If you can't think you can't afford a hot tub, think again, ask your colon. You can get one just for sixty five dollars a month plus twelve months, same as cash. How about that? Want a party with all of the neighbors. How about a twelve person hot tub? They have a hot tub for any person's budget. That's how Susan and I end just about every day. You will too, a vacation in your own backyard Southern covered hot tub. Seventy five o' one Preston Highway. We're talking colon cancer prevention and a walk. When we come back on news radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 1: Before we talk about booties. I do need to a formal retraction. Courty Donahoe is a B word, she says. She is Mets all the way. Never Yankees.
Speaker 2: Okay, you were right.
Speaker 3: I was right.
Speaker 2: We gave her too much class one.
Speaker 3: More correspondents from social media. Then, when we talk about the Run for the Rectums.
Speaker 2: You didn't run for rectum.
Speaker 3: Damn damn killed him. Loggie logs and says, love the joke of the day. I drank a whole cup of coffee waiting for the punch.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the longest climb for the shortest slide.
Speaker 3: All right, let's talk run for the Rectums. We're talking about our dear friends at the Colon Cancer Prevention I want to bring Amanda Smart first. How you doing, Amanda.
Speaker 8: I'm doing great. I'm the director of the Colon Cancer Prevention Project. And like you said, our Kicking Bet five k's coming up on September fourteenth at Big four Bridge, and we're really excited about that. Festivity. Start at eight, the race starts at nine.
Speaker 3: You how far?
Speaker 8: How far are you running? Just three miles?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's not really a race. I love it's three miles.
Speaker 3: I love the Run for the Rector. I'll like, see you run three miles. I could know you could easy.
Speaker 2: I got the rectum for it.
Speaker 3: Ah, so I love the name Run for the Rectum.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, rectal cancer is four hundred percent increase from our parents. So people born after ninety nine nineteen ninety need to watch out for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not to mention Kentucky's big. We're high up when it comes to uh thet's shift gears. I want to say hi also to Missy Ronald. How are you doing, Missy?
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm great, Thanks for having.
Speaker 3: Us, Okay, and now what's your role in all this?
Speaker 4: I'm the marketing director for that.
Speaker 3: Oh I really, yes, I am.
Speaker 2: We came up with the Run for the Rectum.
Speaker 4: You know what, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You steal it from some other city or something.
Speaker 3: It was me, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: It was a nod to you know, the Derby Lovely City. The actual race is called the Kicking but five k but run for the Rectums of theme this year.
Speaker 2: Oh, this race is not like any other.
Speaker 4: And you mentioned not being able to run three miles. Listen, I am no athlete, right, and this is a fun day for everybody, the whole family. People with dogs. You can walk run. It is competitive if you're into that doesn't have to be. We have a best Stressed Dog contest, which is really funny. There's a pettings you. We usually have the Kentucky Humane Society and bring out puppies. It is just it's a good time. We do everything with a little bit of levity. And I'll just give you a little spoiler this year that thanks to a friend who owns, we're going to have a photo ops.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, So we always think I think of rectums and go often.
Speaker 2: It's usually a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, always top of mine with Tony. Uh.
Speaker 1: Women need to get as much as men. Why do I believe that? Why do I believe this is a guy thing? And like we're always telling guys got to get it looked at. But in reality, even though who was the show host of the Today Show that she did it live on TV? Oh, Jesse Dix, No, what was her Katie Curic? Yes, she did it live on TV, which gave some awareness to it.
Speaker 2: But what why how do we get rid of that stigma? Amanda?
Speaker 8: The need to talk about it. We've got to make it fun. Talk about your butts.
Speaker 2: You know, when we're kids, we always talk about our butts.
Speaker 8: We tell our parents, I just want poop, give me a cookie, and.
Speaker 3: Then right my wife still does that with me.
Speaker 2: We just got to talk about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, and beyond talking about it, I think that that stigma that it's an old person disease. Also, we really have to come. Like Amanda said earlier, if you were born after nineteen ninety, you were up to four times more likely than generations before you to get and we don't know exactly why, but we can't wait to find out.
Speaker 3: We've got to. And by the way, they've loured the age in Kentucky and it's a piece of cake.
Speaker 1: Get Oh, you need insurance coverage for the full guys it fifteen fifty five.
Speaker 4: Now no, so it went from fifty to forty five. But listen, everybody has to know, and this is the important thing people don't know. Forty five is the end of the road. If you have no symptoms, no family history, no reason to worry at all. Forty five would be when you would schedule you'reing us. But if you have family history or you have symptoms, to contact your doctor right away, because.
Speaker 2: Dave you do it like every three weeks, every every five years, Yeah, my dad had colon cancer at fifty.
Speaker 3: And before we bring in Kentucky, do for my third Before we bring in Kentucky State Representative Amy Nighbors, I do want to say that I have gotten a colonoscopy. I'm not due for another two years. But if you're out there and you're thinking, oh my gosh, it will hurt, it won't. It won't hurt a bit. It's there's nothing to it. As a matter of fact, they numb it first on the lines stay Representative Amy Neighbors think there canery right. How you doing, Amy, I'm doing well.
Speaker 5: I'm doing well.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me absolutely. Are you going to be participating in the Run for the Rectums here in Louisville.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm gonna be there that day, but I'm kind of like Misty, I'm not much of an athlete, so I think I'll just enjoy the day and meet folks and talk with them and do all the fun things they've got planned that day.
Speaker 3: I got you, So, how did you get involved with Run for the Rectums for the Kicking.
Speaker 5: Butt five K Well, first of all, I want to share my story. I myself am an early age on the colorectal cancer survivor.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 5: I was diagnosed at the age of forty, no family history and no reason to think that as a young, healthy female that I could ever, you know, be faced with such a diagnosis. But I started having some symptoms a couple of months before my fortieth birthday and saw my family physician, and you know, he first treated it like it was a stomach virus and gave me some medicine. Obviously that didn't work.
Speaker 8: I'll go back.
Speaker 5: The next thing was, well, maybe it's IBS here, let's try this prescription. Well, when that didn't work, he ordered a CT. Well, the CT was fine, there was nothing on the on the CT scan. Looked at my doctor and I said, you know what, something's not right. This can't be my new normal. We've got to figure out what's wrong with me. And so he referred me to a gastroentrologist and about six weeks after that, I had a colonoscopy and pathology was done, and about four days later I got a call from my position's office and was informed that I had colon cancer. And that was quite the shock didn't expect at age forty. Back in twenty sixteen, that I'd be facing such a diagnosis. I had a couple of years before, had watched my mother go through breast cancer and saw firsthand how difficult that was. But I've got great support system with my family and my co workers at the time, and so I just took a couple of days to grieve and to be mad and sad and all those things, and I just decided it's time to get to work. So immediately made appointments with a surgeon, and a couple of weeks later had a colon resection and learned that some of the cancer was in my lymph nodes, so that meant I was Stage three. And then as soon as I healed from my surgery, I started chemo, and wow, did chemo treatments every two weeks for six months. And like I said, that's been that's been eight years ago now, and I'm healthy as a horse, and good.
Speaker 2: Luck Hill, that's awesome God.
Speaker 3: But I want to point out one thing she said. She said at age forty, So if you're listening out there and you said, well, you know this is older, it's it's not. They've actually lorded to forty five. At this point, she was below that.
Speaker 2: Much She was also aggressive with the doctor too. He's kind of came in home.
Speaker 1: Well, probably just an irritable vow saitting them. Wait, hang on, I'll take this bill.
Speaker 3: Whoa had mi on?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: Misogynistic ahole? How do you know it wasn't a female doctor.
Speaker 1: Take a guesst out there and yonder it's a male doctor. He's said, just take his pepto business.
Speaker 2: You'll be take control over from London, take control of your healthcare. A good friend of ours he had similar He had similar symptoms, and he went to his doctor and they did the same thing. Well, maybe it's this, maybe it's that. Two years later they finally did a test and found out it was not pricetay cancer. But what's the big one? It wasn't calling Yeah.
Speaker 5: If there's if there's one thing I can stress is that pay attention to your body. It's telling you something when when you have pain. I had, you know, severe pain in my lower left abdomen, had all well I won't say I had all, but I had a few of you know, what you would consider the typical symptoms. Difficulty in going to the bathroom. You know, I'd been on vacation. I thought, oh, you know, I'm out of my routine. It's no big deal. But I get home and it continues and the pain gets worse, and I just I pursued it. And that's what I want to stress.
Speaker 2: You know, you're boughty better than anybody.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, and and don't discount it just because you're healthy. I mean it. It happened to me, It can happen to anybody.
Speaker 2: It was pancreatic cancer, and they spent two years trying to treat it other ways when they could have cured it.
Speaker 1: Oh, little sister, just take his castra all hang on tease bone of this test for all every day and you'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Represent now, represent neighbors. Was it a female doctor or a male doctor?
Speaker 5: It was doctor what I thought?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 2: Do you know I'm a question my stupid voices.
Speaker 3: Listen. Let's great for you, for sure, And thank god you were You were smart enough to question and get it through and and punch through and you're healthy today eight years later.
Speaker 2: Is great. We appreciate everything you do in Frankfurt two.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, thank you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate the opportunity to to be able to share my story and too, and to bring awareness and you know, right, now I'm I get to be on the Kentucky Colon Cancer Screening and Prevention and Advisory Committee, which is a great program that gives free colonoscopies to those who are uninsured or underinsured. And I'm just proud to be a part of that group to do what we can to to make people aware. Like I said, you know, I never dreamed, But you know, did I know that much about colon cancer before my diagnosis? I was just like most people. That's an older man's disease. Young females don't get colon cancer. But I tell you one thing, ever since my diagnosis, I tell people all the time, I don't care. Is it as glamorous as breast cancer? No it is not. It's coalon cancer. But we can't shy away from talking about it. It's it's important that people realize it can happen, and you gotta be active with preventative care.
Speaker 3: She is State Representative of Amy Neighbors. God bless you you, Thank you stay represented for your call.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Want to get back to this real quick, and we're talking about the kicking butt five K and colon cancer. If you were born echo what Misty said. If you were born after nineteen ninety there's been a four hundred percent increase of getting colon rectal cancer. And uh, I believe this is one of the more treatable cancers. Is that is that right, Misty or Amanda hoot hoot?
Speaker 2: Very treatable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so go ahead and get these screenings done. And you said to me, the best screening is the screening that someone will do. I highly recommended my wife was going to do the poop in the box screening, and I said, I would prefer that you did the full colonoscopy, because what happens If they find polyps, then you gotta get colonoscopy again. But if worst comes the worst, just get some kind of screening.
Speaker 8: Right, absolutely, colon guard orso.
Speaker 3: Or okay, what are you looking at me for? Man?
Speaker 2: I gets ironic?
Speaker 3: Your butts are ironic? What's ironic?
Speaker 1: You prevented her from pooping in a box. But you have a very long story about you pooping in a pizza box, don't you.
Speaker 3: I've pooped in three pizza box three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm sorry, not one, not two, but three.
Speaker 1: We'll continue that conversation after we take these last ladies out. But yes, you prevented Susan from pooping in a box. But you've done it three times?
Speaker 2: Isn't that true?
Speaker 4: For science?
Speaker 2: No, isn't that true?
Speaker 1: Will you please direct the witness to answer the question, Judge, Yes, yes.
Speaker 3: It's all true. Given it's all true.
Speaker 2: I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those consecution rests.
Speaker 3: Don't miss kicking butt five k h. And also we're calling it run for the Rector. It's gonna be September fourteenth, that's right. Yeah, And how do people sign up for it?
Speaker 8: Our website calling cancer sign.
Speaker 3: Right there, beautiful listen, thanks for the time. If you haven't gotten your screening in your forty five, get your damn screening, all right, thank you so much for the taking.
Speaker 2: Who do we have weight loss center?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Nine six one o five.
Speaker 1: If you're sitting around and going, man, we're fat, we just gotta lose it. Uh, that's that's how you do. You just got to decide it. One of Dwight's old coaches in there the other day, he said, Venetti saidouse fat, So I'm gonna lose one.
Speaker 3: I don't know what one of my female coaches, you massagyistic piece of.
Speaker 2: Because I know who it was.
Speaker 1: So Weight Law Centers, Levolle, nine oh six seventy one oh five. Nine oh six seventy one oh five is the phone number. Call them now getting an appointment. They have three different diets. You just have to decide to change.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Change happens instantly. It's not a gradual thing. You just decide, I don't want to be fat anymore. Let's do Weight Loss Centers of Louisville nine oh six seventy one oh five.
Speaker 2: Call it right now,