Speaker 1: God, I'm swinging. That's it.
Speaker 2: Hello, fans of the world champion La Dodgers.
Speaker 1: It's the World Series Winverlive.
Speaker 2: This is a special off season edition of Dodger Talk. There's a dynasty to be had here, taking you behind the scenes with Dodger insider David Basse, living out of their dream to be a part of the show called eight six six not eighty seven, two five seven and follow the show wherever you get your podcasts now. Here's your host, David Basse.
Speaker 3: Welcome to another edition of Dodger Talk from the Winter meetings in Dallas, Texas ninety two. Here and already we have breaking news as in Zino Zone, Max Freed signs a major contract eight years, two hundred and eighteen million dollars. It's the largest guaranteed contract in baseball history for a left handed pitcher. So congratulations to Max Freed. From the Sam Fernando Valley, Harvard Westlake, one of Reggie Smith's disciples, has hit it big with the New York Yankees. As we had reported all day long yesterday, it was not ti Oscar Hernandez that had a bidding war going on after Juan Soto signed. It was the Valleys, Max Freed that had the bidding war going after him, the Yankees going after starting pitching. They are expected to pursue Christian Walker to play first base for them, and they also are in the mix of talks with the Chicago Cubs for Cody Bellinger to play center field and probably even a little first base to be able to move Aaron Judge to right field. That seems a little further away, but everybody around baseball expects the Yankees to sign Christian Walker for the Dodgers. They made it official today Blake Trinin and Michael Confordo will be part of the twenty twenty five team. No word on ti Oscar Hernandez yet, outside of what Andrew Friedman had to tell us during his media session that he is still hopeful the Dodgers will be able to bring back Taoscar Hernandez.
Speaker 4: He had a really good year. He put himself in a great position, and you know, I know that he has talked about wanting to I know we have talked about wanting him to, So again, that's helpful, but it's not everything. And in his family get to go through the interest and figure out what makes the most sense for them, while we're hopeful. At the same time, if he ends up doning somewhere else, we have no choice, but you know, wish him well and on a personal level we'll be really happy for him, and professionally not so much.
Speaker 3: Also today Roki Sasaki officially was posted. There is a forty five day window now for his agent, Joel Wolf, to be able to come to terms on a deal with a major league team. Many around the league believe it's the Padres and Dodgers that are the favorites to sign Sazaki, and now that it is official that he is going to be posted, Andrew Friedman also was allowed to comment on the dodgers desire to sign Sazaki and join him with his team japan World Baseball Classic teammates sho Hey Otani and Yoshi Yamamoto.
Speaker 4: You know, we haven't learned more at this point of what the process will be, uh, but hopefully we'll get an opportunity to sit down and meet him and make our presentation. And Yamamoto is a benefit in kind of how he views things. Yeah, I mean, that's the hope because we do have Otani and Yamamoto. You know, obviously this was a question last year after we had signed Otani and how it was gonna effect Yamamoto, and I think the success that the Samurai Japan team had and winning the World Baseball Classic and how well that team came together, I think has changed that mindset a little bit. But like everything, it's an individual choice and so for some people, I think it's a real positive and for other people it might not be. And for us, it's about trying to understand that and you know, putting forth our best foot and selling the city, the market, the opportunity, the growth and development and all the things that we feel like we have to offer, just as I'm sure other teams will do the same.
Speaker 3: So the Sasaki sweepstakes are on. What Joel Wolf had to say earlier today was that he will start meeting with teams next week and after the holidays, Sasaki we'll start meeting in person with teams to make his decision. So that's where things stand with Roki Sazaki, a kid that throws consistently one hundred miles an hour with a great split finger at fastball. Andrew Freeman did not hide his desire to sign Sazaki and to have three Japanese pitchers in his rotation to go along with guys like Blake Snell and Bobby Miller and Tyler Glassnell. We've got a great show for you tonight. We will be live with you tomorrow night taking your phone calls at seven o'clock and on Thursday taking your phone calls. But we wanted to serve the people. We all know your passion for the Dodgers, so I decided let's do a podcast from the lobby here in Dallas from the Winter Meetings Night two, and we had a chance to catch up with the former first base coach for the Dodgers, now newly hired in his first managerial opportunity with the Miami Marlins, Clayton McCullough. And we also had a chance to catch up with cy Young Award winner and two time World Series champion now doing it for the MLB Network, Jake Peevey. But first let's start with Clayton McCullough. Well, the Winter Meetings are in full go here, and I'm happy that a World Series champion can take the time out for the little people after being hired to be a major league manager with the Miami Marlins. And that is the one and only Clayton McCullough. Thank you claim for not forgetting the little people.
Speaker 5: Oh David, it hadn't been that long for me to forget about you yet.
Speaker 3: Come on, before we get to the Marlins and the excitement of you having this opportunity, what's it been like for you to enjoy finally getting to the mountain top with the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: It was the funny thing about it is everything here with the opportunity with this. The job with Miami happened so quickly after. You know, we had a few days. The celebration in La was terrific, you know, and then I mean it was almost you know, the next week we were you know, in it pretty good with Miami, and I mean one thing, probably didn't have a whole lot of time to maybe fully appreciate and celebrate with a lot of friends and family back home, because you know, it was a week eight or nine days after and you know, take this position and it was kind of you know, now it's gas down, you know, transitioning to this. So yeah, incredible the way things you know, finished up. Very proud of being a part of that and just really honestly, I've had a whole lot of time to reflect on it because things here have just been moving so quickly.
Speaker 3: Clayton, you were such a big part of the coaching staff. When you see some of the images of Game five or of the World Series, I know you said you hadn't had a lot of time to digest it, but just thinking back now, like is there a play, is there a moment? Is there something that stands out to you about that team and that run?
Speaker 5: I still don't know if I've seen anything as wild as Freddie in Game one, and you know, to kind of you know, to be that point and in a game a walk off, you know, walk off winner in a World Series? How crazy is but a grand and it was almost think everybody like just took the time standing around there like what you know that really just happened?
Speaker 6: Incredible moment and then you know, to go through.
Speaker 5: And I remember running out to first base, you know, top nine, Game five and how crazy that game was and looking up, going let's score some more runs. But we're three outs away from worlds, you know, being World Series champions, and like it's still kind of you know, get the goosebumps thinking about that and then for you know, for it to go down and for us to do it. You know, every team is different, you know, every year is different, but you know you'll always have that that group and that you know that twenty four season will you know, always be a special one.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you brought that up because top of the ninth, three outs away from being World champions. Players always talk about slowing the game down. Did you have to refocus as a coach for sure?
Speaker 5: I mean, like again, running out there, I'm you know, not gonna lie it between things like thinking about it and like, okay, but now let's, you know, get some guys on, let's try to push some runs across, you know, and then you run back in the dugout and it's okay, like just stay focused on like you know, ensuring that you know, my particular you know, with the outfielders, like we're in a good spot and things can change so quickly that you know, on top of you know, top of a potential you know, adjustment we need to make, you know, But it was hard not to be kind of split with you know, we got one out, you know, now you got two outs, and it's going on, like you can just feel it, you know, happening.
Speaker 6: But like you know, you still had like a job to do till it was over.
Speaker 3: And when Freddie Freeman hits his walk off Grand Slamm in Game one, outside of him looking back at his dad, You're the first friendly face he sees.
Speaker 5: You know, as soon as he hit it, like you just knew the trajectory, the way he hit it, his reaction like it was a homer, right, And then you know he's walking towards first you know, he's looking back at his dad. He's coming my way, and like, I don't even remember what I did or like it was just like you, I was so excited and happy and like, you know, cool that like could be there, as you said, like maybe the first guy to like, you know, give him some love on that moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And what he went through to be able to play for you guys as a manager now with the Marlins, I mean, does that go in the back of your mind and say, like this is the stand or if you if you really want to be a champion. That guy wanted it, one of the greatest wanted.
Speaker 5: It, you know, having the fortunate opportunity to be around you know, we're talking to know Freddie here for a couple of years and just how he always posted, you know, so the professionalism he brought and I think it also just you know the human side of things and like being in tune with you know, people, and there's things going on at times outside of you know, what's going on between the lines, and you know, him and his family dealt with so much last year and he did it so, you know, in such a great manner, and he came back. You know, so the difficulties every like just trying to be mindful that there are a lot of things going on with you know, people in their lives that affect you know, their work spot and being mindful of that as you know, as you know now sort of take on learning a new group.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the new the new group is the Miami Marlins. You get your first opportunity, well deserved to be a major league manager. You were a winner as a minor league manager. You're a winner in the major leagues. How do you approach this opportunity?
Speaker 5: You know, very excited about you know, like what we're building here and what Peter Bindex, you know, our front office and the you know, the support from ownership to you know, get our infrastructure up and going. And you know, certainly a development model. Like you know, every team is looking to develop you know, players, and it's going to be really important for us, you know, to do a really good job with our players as they come through the system and then also as they get to the major leagues continuing.
Speaker 6: On with that development.
Speaker 5: So very challenging, but thus far, like the staff members that we brought in, those that were already you know in the organization, you know, it's been great so far. Like I think, we're all very much aligned and hungry for the challenge that we have.
Speaker 3: You always hear about the game being the same but the language being a little bit different. Working with Andrew Friedman and his staff and now going to the Marlins with you know, Gabe Kapler and Pete Bendix, two guys that obviously we're part of the Andrew tree, does it make the transition that much more seamless to understand just exactly the language, how they use it, how they use the information.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, you know, Andrew was big help in this, you know, his pribabor relationship with Peter, and he had nothing but great things to say about you know, Peter one as a person, and then just you know how smart he is and that you know, how well he's gonna look, you know, to build things. And my previous relationship working with Gabe, you know, I knew how Gabe was and how much he helped me, you know, as I got started over in LA. I think the commonalities are like both, you know, Andrew Peter. Culture is a big thing, the type of individuals and people that you surround yourself with, making making them feel important, and you know, so I think that's what we're you know, what we're shooting for here too, is just to bring in as many you know, amazing technical people, but also like those that can help push and move our culture forward.
Speaker 3: You were part of that with the Dodgers, Dave Roberts and the Dodgers don't win the World Series without coaches like yourself, Dino Ebul that are out there before anybody else. You kind of set the standard for what it takes to prepare. Is that the standard that you're gonna hold your coaches to that Clayton McCullough did as a Dodger first base outfield coach.
Speaker 6: I think that's it you're looking.
Speaker 5: I mean, just you do it because you want and you're there for the player to try to you know, you know certainly like get them better individually, help them in any way you can, not only for preparation for the game, but also to you know, improve in a particular area. And you just because that's kind of the job, right and you're not doing it for you know, your own self and your own ego. It's you know, player first, and this is you know, doing my part to help our team, you know, an aspect of our team to you know, give us a chance to win games. And I you know, as we you know, got through candidates and interviewed and now hire, like it's you know, very much cut out of the same cloth that like, you know.
Speaker 6: Just come out here.
Speaker 5: You you know, you come into work every day, you know, attack that day trying to move the group forward, and then hey, the next day we just start that back over again and like create a culture for our players where they do that each day.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna come here. It's gonna be a welcoming environment.
Speaker 5: Staff member is gonna be prepared, you know to try to you know, to help me out, and then we just roll onto the next day and keep pushing the ball forward.
Speaker 3: That's amazing, Clayton, You're gonna be a rock star in Miami. It feels like you're going to be part of something that grows into something special there.
Speaker 5: That's an exciting part is we have a real opportunity here, a special time, and we believe Miami Marlin's history to you know, kind of start and paint this canvas how you know, how we see fit and you know, every circumstance is unique and we have our own challenges, you know here in Miami, you know, in our division.
Speaker 6: But I think like we're up.
Speaker 5: For that, and you know, we're looking, you know, hoping we look back at this time, you know, whenever it is and go, you know what. Wow, it was really cool to kind of you know, be here, you know at the start of this.
Speaker 3: All right, only one condition. You can't take Keik with you.
Speaker 6: Oh, Enrique, I love him. Huh what a guy he can do it all.
Speaker 1: What a guy.
Speaker 3: What a guy. Clayton mccullay is so happy for you. Clayton. You put in a lot of time, a lot of work, a lot of preparation. You're a champion of a person, and I think everybody that knows you and understands the impact you had with the Dodgers understands that this is a great opportunity for the Marlins to take advantage of what you bring.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thanks David, and my my wife, my family, and I will always you know, ten years in LA between player development and on you know, Dave's Major League staff, nothing but fond memories. And I wouldn't have been in this position or you know, be standing here right now with this opportunity without so much support and help from you know, our group in LA players staff and you know, fans were amazing. So it was you know, a really terrific time in chapter, like in my personal and professional life, and you know the exciting part to start a new one.
Speaker 6: You know, with what I got going now.
Speaker 3: Before I let you go, it just popped in my head. Is it true that Otani sent you an autographed photo of you two?
Speaker 5: He didn't send it to me like it was. I I had something and I was, you know, waiting like a time when like you know, season was going, everybody's grinding through and we got to the end and it was just something I had. Do you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna see if show, will you know sign this for me something to keep? And uh, he was certainly gracious enough to do that kind of between the end of the regular season and the start of the DS. So yeah, you know, I have a few pieces of things from guys, and that was a special one, you know, and certainly enjoyed a you know, the year I had with with show.
Speaker 3: Hey, that was a lot of headbutts over there at first base. How did they check to see if you have concussions over there? I know there were a few.
Speaker 5: I look back and I'm like, man, take it easy, right, like, like how much bigger you are than me?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 6: Come on? Show? But I love him, you get it. He excited to get me fired up.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Did he write a special note or how big is this photo? On picturing it in your office on the wall?
Speaker 5: You know what, I don't think it'll be something that I'll have in the office in the wall. I think it'd be something you know, we'll keep it home, we were you know, we'll decide, you know, a cool spot to you know, maybe display it at home.
Speaker 6: And it's just a kind of a poster size, you know.
Speaker 5: And he, you know, he just signed it and again like trying it to ask him or the guys for a whole lot. But it was it was a cool uh photo, and he was again kind enough to you know, sign it up for me.
Speaker 3: Hey, you were part of history in a lot of different ways in that game in Miami. So it's more about the bond you build with these guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the part there, you know, you really enjoy and you take. We spend so much time together, player and staff going through the course of a season. The amount of time you know, everybody, you know, you get to watch what goes on, you know, during the game, but it's so much of that time is spent you know in the clubhouse, in the batting cage, behind the scenes, you know, traveling together. So those are the real connections you make in the memories that you know, you kind of you know, you.
Speaker 6: Roll on with so special time.
Speaker 3: All right, look forward to seeing you back at Dodger Stadium as a major league manager. Clayton McCullough. Thanks a lot for the time. And you look great, suited and booted, ready to go.
Speaker 5: I know, I'm actually having to style my hair a little bit, David. This is I know this is a new me, but hopefully the same guy.
Speaker 3: You gotta look good on South beach.
Speaker 5: Clayton, Oh, I don't know about at least at this event. I gotta try to look respectable, all right.
Speaker 3: I gotta let you go. I can't hold on to you forever. So looking forward to all the success you're gonna have out there, and we certainly are gonna miss seeing you every day at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, thanks a lot, David, and take care of Barnsey.
Speaker 3: Well, Barnesy's jealous that snell Zilla's in the house now.
Speaker 5: I know you're gonna take up more of his airtime, aren't you.
Speaker 3: Barnes is jealous. I have to balance my bromance with snell Zilla.
Speaker 5: I know he he was your guys, and now you get more time with him.
Speaker 3: Thanks Clayton, and appreciate the life advice.
Speaker 6: Okay, David.
Speaker 3: Thanks there. He is the new Marlins manager. Clayton McCullough very excited to get this opportunity. He has wanted to be a manager, and certainly he found the right to people to hire him and Gabe Kapler and Peter Bendix. So it'll be a big adjustment for Clayton mccullugh, no doubt about it, going from a World Series champion to a rebuilt situation with the Marlins. He was a big part of Mookie Betts making the transition from right field to shortstop and then shortstop to right field. Him and Dino Ebol worked tirelessly every single day, hours before first pitch to get superstars and players ready to go for each and every game. And he is going to bring that work ethic to his job with the Marlins as their new manager. Hey speaking of working with players and superstars, and I know it's been a Joel Wolfe type of show so far. With the news of Roki Sazaki. He held a press conference today to talk about Sasaki, but he also peeled off after that to feel questions about Nolan Aeronado, and I was shocked how transparent the Cardinals and now Nolan's agent, Joel Wolf have been about the fact that Eronado wants out of Saint Louis and he wants to be on a winning team, a team that has a chance to win. I asked Joel Wolf whether or not Aeronado and Wolf have given John Mozelock the Cardinals GM a list of teams that they would accept the trade to, because Eronado does have a full no trade clause, but he said there is no list. It is a fluid conversation between mozey Lock and Joel Wolfe about the teams that are interested in making progress on a deal that would suit the Cardinals to trade Aeronado. Whether or not the Dodgers are part of that mix still remains to be seen. But from what I've been told by two other sources close to the situation, from the Eronado side of things, it's going to be complicated to me make the money work and to be able to find a trade with the Dodgers. And Brandon Gome said yesterday Max Munsey is expected to be their starting third basement on Opening Day. It just shows you that it may be tough to work out a deal with the Cardinals. The Dodgers may have needed to bring in a third team. So I know everybody wants Aeronado and has wanted Aeronado if you're a Dodger fan wearing Dodger blue, but feels like the teams that lose out on Alex Bregman, whether it be the Yankees or the Red Sox, may be able to consummate a trade with the Cardinals for Nolan Aeronato Jake Peavey has a lot of answers. We had a chance to catch up with the two time Cy Young Award winner and MLB Network analyst. We had a chance to ask him about the Dodgers and also some of his free agent predictions. And by the way, the Max Freed prediction came about an hour before Freed officially signed with the Yankees. In the heart of Texas with one of the great guys you'll ever meet, a two time World Series champion, a Cy Young Award winner, one of the best pitchers of his generation for the Padres, the Red Sox, the Giants, and he now is lending his expertise and sharing everything he knows with us on MLB Network. That's the one and only Jake Pevey. Jake, great to do this in person.
Speaker 7: You're not supposed to mention all those teams. The Red Sox didn't, you know, won a World Series out there. The Giants and Padres aren't too well liked. I'll tell you this, I never got a chance to play for the Sorry about that, shaking Craig Council's hand right. It's winter meetings like a family reunion. I never got to play for the Dodgers. Obviously, I was a hated rival being in San Diego, being in San Francisco, Dodger Stadium was my favorite venue to play in home or away.
Speaker 1: I loved Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 7: I seemed to do okay there and then now have close friends with Dave Roberts being the manager who I played with for many years, and on down the line, Mark Pryor Josh Bard was my catcher side Young Award year. So many ties to the Dodgers, and it's hard to dislike it at all.
Speaker 3: Well, you're a hard guy to dislike as well. Trust me, we're all well aware of how big of a thorn you were in the side of the Dodgers. Jake.
Speaker 7: Look, I was lucky that they didn't have lineups like they have now. I will tell you that I had to manage through in the early days. It would be Sean Green and Eric Carros and dodge around those guys.
Speaker 1: And keep the ball on the ballpark.
Speaker 7: But now just what a venue Dodger Stadium was, and look on full display this year being World champions.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jake, I remember our conversation in the middle of the summer, and you really were stressing that la needed to appreciate this team and Dave Roberts especially. Do you feel like after the way he managed not only Game five of that World Series, but the entire postseason, there's a greater appreciation for how good he is.
Speaker 1: I think so. I think.
Speaker 7: You know, this year everybody got to see who Dave Roberts was.
Speaker 1: Could he rally the troops?
Speaker 7: You know, we'd always talked about the Dodgers, you know, albeit the twenty twenty season and World champions there were that asterisk that people wanted to put on it. It was, you know, horseshit if you ask me, it's a World championship.
Speaker 1: But there was just some stigma around it.
Speaker 7: So and then the path that the Dodgers took. You saw how good the Padres were. We saw that our back against was against.
Speaker 1: The wall with a bullpen game. We hear about him calling out Walker.
Speaker 7: Buell Er, not in a malicious way, but a way that gets the best out of him. You hear Mookie Betts speak of Dave Roberts and what he means to all of them on.
Speaker 1: And off the field.
Speaker 7: I tried to convey that when we talked Midsummer, because I know all this to be true, I'm so happy Dodger fans. The front office I know knows it, but I think the fans saw that he certainly rallied the troops and had them ready to play with their back against the wall. You win Game four, elimination game, you win Game five, and the rest is history.
Speaker 3: When a manager goes out like Dave Roberts did in Game five and Freddie Freeman is shit them away from trying to take out Blake, trying in in a pivotal moment, he talks to try and looks in his eyes, gets the feel that this guy can get what the batters that he's talking about. What does that say about him and what does it say about the players respect for him moving forward?
Speaker 1: Well, it says that he's got a feel on the game.
Speaker 7: And we'll listen to the guys who've been around. You know, the one thing that's kind of happened in baseball is players with years of experience, in decades even.
Speaker 1: Are almost like not valued, like their opinion.
Speaker 7: Should matter in the moment or in prep or decision making in general. So, you know, the best in the game I know, and the best I've been around, Bobby Cox and Bruce Bouchie and on, So Dusty Baker, Tito Francona could keep going on.
Speaker 1: There's all a.
Speaker 7: Measure of feel that they have within the organization. They're certainly leaning on the front office and all of the information, but there's also a game feel and knowing what your players are going through that day, they feel if they want it bad enough. So it was fun to see that the Dodgers, who take so much slack for being very analytically driven and making those decisions, Dave proved that they have feel as well.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you're describing what Blake Snell described at his press conference when they asked them about Dave Roberts his relationship with him moving forward. He said, I want to invest in a relationship with Dave and the coaching staff, but I also expect them to invest in me as well. It sounds like that's the biggest part of this marriage, this new marriage with anybody. Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, Look, I don't think to try to put what a manager does every day in perspective. A manager's got to get to the field, prep for the game, make sure all of his coaches are ready to go, talking to all the front office and the strategy and all of this. Meanwhile, he's got twenty six players that he's got to talk to and connect for maybe two to five minutes each guy, twenty six guys on every day, you're trying to check in on him. Is everything all right at home? Is everything okay with their family? Down to you know, that's where the feel comes in. You know who's in a good mood, who's in a bad mood, or things going good off the field not so good. You have a feel for your players. It is an exhausting job. You go talk to the media, you know, and then you go down and you grind through a game. As soon as that's over, you have to walk, you know, in None of the other coaches have to do this. The manager has to go in and now face the media and talk to him, answer all the questions. And that's on a daily basis for you know, one hundred and sixty two games over one hundred and eighty plus days.
Speaker 1: So the manager's job is exhausting.
Speaker 7: The guys who do it well are incredible communicators and know exactly what I just told you and try to do that, but try to manage it's talk to forty plus guys that you're leading on a daily basis.
Speaker 1: It's a a big charge, you know, it's a big task.
Speaker 3: You ever get that guy out Raoul Labanya.
Speaker 6: I think get him out much, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: And he still looks like you can jacked.
Speaker 3: Hey, how much do you love the marriage and the fit with Blake Snell on the Dodgers and in this rotation I'm been a big advocate of his. I'm curious from your standpoint a fellow sy Young Award winner, what you see with Snell as a Dodger.
Speaker 7: Well, the Dodgers do it again, they go get the best guy.
Speaker 1: On the market.
Speaker 7: Blake Snell's I love Corbin Burns and I love Max Freed, Love love Max Freed. In some other arms Valdi Blake Snell when he is right, forget about it. And and the Dodgers saw that, they understand that they've dealt with it firsthand, and watching San Diego come up and deal with it, the Dodgers also fit what Blake Snell has been accustomed to do in five or six innings or so, and then you know just what they've been able to get out of their players. And then you start to win a world series like they did this year just become the most a desirable place to play on Earth.
Speaker 1: And look, you're in southern California. Does it get any better?
Speaker 3: No, it does. Jake Pevy, you know all about that. Jake Peeve a great star for MLB Network. Yesterday, Brandon Gomes announced to all of us Jake PV that Mookie Betts is preparing to be the shortstop again. What was your reaction when you first heard that.
Speaker 1: I was a little.
Speaker 7: Taken back, you know, just because I think I was taken back because of how valuable you saw him be in the outfield in the postseason, the plays in right field, cutting off of the balls that dive in, plays.
Speaker 1: That was on full dis way. So to see that they're gonna move him.
Speaker 7: I haven't talked to MOOKI other than congratulations, and I haven't really talked to anybody in the Dodgers organization other than Dave Roberts just a little bit.
Speaker 1: We didn't get in any of this.
Speaker 7: It's just congratulatory stuff really, but Mookie can do anything he wants to do, and I think with him having a full season. Dave said it last night to offseason to prepport mentally and understand what he's gonna do work on the arm angle and stuff like that. Mookie's the best athlete I've ever been around, top to bottom, the best athlete I've probably ever.
Speaker 1: Had a chance to be up close and personal with.
Speaker 7: So I don't put anything passing my expect him to win an MVP at shortstop.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Jake Peevey, all right, before I let you go, since we are in the lobby of the Winter Meetings where all the deals are made are come close to being made, I'm gonna give you some names rapid fired. I'd love to hear your prediction on where you think they end up.
Speaker 7: Alex Bregman, I think Alex Bregman back ends up back in Houston. Houston's gonna give it one more go with that cast of characters they have.
Speaker 1: I think he ends up back there.
Speaker 3: Max Freed from my area of LA the Grade one eight. Where do you seeng Max Fried going?
Speaker 1: I Max fred is gonna I see he's going to the Yankees, all right.
Speaker 3: Corbyn burns.
Speaker 1: I think Corbyn burns.
Speaker 7: Corbyn's a tough one on where he's gonna land.
Speaker 1: I think you might land in Boston.
Speaker 3: Fucker freaking Bueller.
Speaker 7: I think Walker Buhler may end up in Boston with him breaking my heart. Look, I can't see Walker coming back with the surplus of arms, and that's.
Speaker 3: Just doesn't have to be Boston, no, right.
Speaker 1: Look, I mean it's better than New York, right, all right?
Speaker 3: One other, this one for the Dodger fans out there, give them hope tai Oscar Hernandez will find his way back.
Speaker 1: My gosh, I certainly hope.
Speaker 7: So I don't know how with what all we know and have heard about ta Oscar and who he was, I don't know how you don't make that happen. I'll tell you this, when the man has the postseason he did. When he has the season, all the other teams hear what they heard.
Speaker 1: About the teammate and what kind of guy he is.
Speaker 7: It just and he's in free agency. He's getting bombarded in the price to retaining is going up.
Speaker 1: But again it seems like the Dodgers are okay financially and can do it. I don't see him letting him get out of town.
Speaker 3: All right, Jake, thanks a lot for doing that. Man. Awesome to meet you and spend time in person, your first class. You know why everybody loves Jake Peevey, thanks.
Speaker 7: A lot, very good to see, always good to be on with you. We'll see how the n O West plays out this year.
Speaker 1: Gonna be a big win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like Yankees, Red Sox on the East coast, Dodgers Padres on the west. N O West is.
Speaker 7: The new Jugger not you know, I know Colorado's rebuilding. The other four teams are very competent and can get in and win the World Series any given year.
Speaker 3: There he is, Jake Peevie, one of the good guys out there. Always great to catch up with him. You can catch him on MLB Network. And I thought some of his predictions are more educated guesses on some of these free agents, so great to get that insight from him. Hey, speaking of free agents, don't forget about keyk Hernandez. There's not been a lot of buzz about keyk Hernandez, but it feels like with so many other players that are coming off the board, the Dodgers may turn their attention to Keik as well as continuing to pursue common ground with tay Oscar Hernandez to bring him back, as well as far as Walker Bueller goes. As I reported yesterday, there are three ALS teams, in fact four ALAS teams that are interested in signing Bueller, the Yankees, the Red Sox, the Orioles, and even the Toronto Blue Jays. So now with Max Reed coming off the board, the next two starting pitchers that may get a lot of interest are Corbyn Burns and Walker Buehler. Like I said, Andrew Freeman's in a tough spot, not sure if he can bring back Walker Buehler at whatever these other teams may try to sign him for. And speaking of Andrew Friedman, tomorrow night on our live Dodger Talk from Dallas, you will hear from the future Hall of Famer Andrew Freeman, the President of Baseball Operations, and also Dave Roberts, who many now are tabbing a Hall of Famer as well. So everybody loves everybody, everybody's a champion, everybody's a Hall of Famer now according to the media here and Dallas. But certainly the tandem Andrew Freeman and Dave Roberts rivals that of Brian Cashman and Joe Tory, Bobby Cox and John Schuerholtz. There's no disputing that. So those two men will join us tomorrow night on our live Dodger talk show from Dallas here at the Winter Meetings. That'll do it for us tonight. You can follow me on social media at the Real Underscore dv on X and on Instagram at official Levassa. And you know where to get all your Dodgers content right here on the iHeartRadio app and on a five seventy LA Sports. We'll talk to you tomorrow. See 'm sure playing