Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is sponsored by La Care Health Plan, providing affordable healthcare insurance to millions of Angelinos for over twenty five years. And now your voice for Dodger Talking like the back, David Vasse.
Speaker 2: We are live at Corsefield after the Dodgers route the Rockies thirteen to two. Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vase live at Corsefield with you until nine thirty tonight at eight six six nine, eight seven two, five seventy. The Dodgers got a really good game from Yoshi Yamamoto. Five innings tonight, six strikeouts, no walks, and the Dodgers have wrapped up the best record in all of Major League Baseball with their ninety seventh win. If they win tomorrow, ninety eight on the year, but win or lose, the Dodgers do have the best record in baseball and do have home field advantage throughout October, including in the first round of the NLDS, which will begin a week from tonight at Dodgers Stadium. The Dodgers will play the winner of a Padres wildcard series. San Diego is either going to play New York or Atlanta in the first round of the playoffs in a best of three Wildcard series at Petco Park, and the Dodgers will get the winner of that series being the number one seed. So it is very conceivable we may have a rematch of what we just saw at Dodgers Stadium between the two best teams or two of the three best teams in the National League, the Dodgers and San Diego Padres. And I gotta tell you more people that I run into Dodger fans that I run into, they kept on telling me the last two or three days, I really hope the Dodgers aren't the number one seed. I really hope they just lose these games, not the number one seed, and they won't have to see the Padres. What kind of attitude is that. That's kind of a Chicago Cubs loser attitude to have to want to tank games and not have the best record in baseball. At some point in time, you are going to have to play the best even if the Dodgers were the number two seed. If you believe the Padres are that good, then eventually the Dodgers and Padres would be on a collision course at some point in time in the postseason, whether it be in the NLDS or the NLCS to get to the World Series if you believe the Padres are that good, and many people do believe the Padres are that good. I'm not taking anything away from them, but I go back to Daniel Hudson at City Field in New York. Remember when the Dodgers were scuffling. They played that doubleheader and Daniel Hudson got himself into a jam and got himself out of a jam to really spark the Dodgers. Taken off before the All Star Break, and as he was coming off the mound, he put his two fingers over his lips and he said after the game, the reason why he did that was not for the fans of New York but for his own dugout and the message was, don't forget where the Dodgers, and I feel like the Dodgers in the last two three weeks have forgotten how good they are. I believe you have forgotten how good the Dodgers are. Maybe they weren't playing as well as the Padres. The Padres were doing something they have never done before, to play that type of baseball, winning almost fifty games since the All Star Break. I go back to the twenty thirteen Dodgers, they were what forty six and eight for a period of time. That's how hot the Padres have been this season since the All Star break. But I will remind you the Dodgers are the ones with the best record in baseball. So to all those that were saying, I hope the Dodgers avoid the Padres, I hope the Dodgers avoid the Padres. Number one. You were going to have to see them in a five game series or a seven game series. If you're that confident that the Padres are going to get number one through their wildcard series, there's a very good chance if they faced the Braves with Chris Sale and Max Freed, that they could shut down the Padres offense right right, there is that chance. I mean, we talk about hot teams. Well, the Braves obviously have not had a great offensive season, but good pitching usually cools off good hitting. And Max Freed and Chris Sale we are two really good lefties that can give the Padres some problems. And you never know in a short three game series. How many times have we seen it during the regular season, a team that is supposedly not as good as the better team taking two out of three. So that's what makes this first round of the postseason that much more dangerous for a team like the Padres. If they play a team like the Braves that have three really good starting pitchers and one of them is the guy that's going to win the National League Cy Young Award and a guy that is a World Series champion and Max Freed, there is that danger that all your fears as Dodger fans may not even come to fruition. It may be the Dodgers and Braves in the NLDS if that's the matchup. Now, I personally believe if it's Padres Mets, the Padres are going to beat. The Mets have had a really good year, but it feels like they're starting to run out of gas. So having New York fly all the way to San Diego for a two out of three series, I just don't see that going the Mets way. But if it was Braves Padres, I definitely could see a scenario where it's Dodgers Braves again in the NLDS. Either way, the Dodgers are going to have to beat the best to get there, whether it's the Padres, the Phillies, the Braves. If the Dodgers are that good, they are going to have to get through a very tough National League to get to the World Series. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Rockies tonight thirteen to two. A very good night for Yoshi Yamamoto, who completed five innings tonight for the first time since June. That's a really good final tune up before the NLDS show. Hal Tani had two hits tonight. He raises his batting average to three ten. He is just four hits away from two hundred. So if he gets four hits tomorrow like he did last night, Shohyotani will have two hundred hits for the first time in his major league career. He has four points behind Louisa Rise, who is leading the National League in batting average. If Otani's able to even tie a Rise, you know that qualifies as a triple Crown season. And no Dodger has ever won the Triple Crown, and certainly no Japanese born player has ever won the Triple Crown. And I believe there's only two players in recent history to win the National League Triple Crown. It's been a while since somebody won the Triple Crown in the National League. I believe the last Triple Crown winner was an American League player, not a National League player, so it's been a while that a National League player has won the triple Crown. So looking at it right now, Joe Medwick of the nineteen thirty seven Cardinals the last National League player to win the Triple Crown. That would be something. And Luisa Rise did not play for the Padres tonight. He is going to play tomorrow in the final game of the regular season, so it is conceivable Arise could go zero for four and Otani could go four for five like he did last night and catch him and win the Triple Crown. So very special things happening. And Otani tonight stole his fifty eighth base of the season. We thought he had fifty nine. But in the fifth inning, when we thought he stole his fifty ninth base of the season, the first base umpire did signal back on the pitchers. So later in the game, the official scorer came on and said, ah, we're taking that one away. And as I was waiting for the final out in the Dodger Tunnel showe Aotani came out of the clubhouse and I said, show, hey, fifty eight, not fifty nine, and he said, yeah, I know bach Bach yes see. So that was a cool little interaction with Shoe Aotani. He was very aware that it was a back and not a stolen base. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. We have two lines open. When we continue from Corsfield, we will take your phone calls, and also we will get into the Dodgers starting rotation for the NLDS, and we'll give you an update on Freddie Freeman. Is it really that certain that he will play? We'll get into what options the Dodgers may have if Freeman is not available for Game one or any game in the NLDS. Dodgers beat the Rockies tonight thirteen to two on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy, online at am five to seven e LA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app. This is Dodger Talk with David Bassan.
Speaker 2: French bon sends a tello of the pitch Man Kier hitch Up High Drive to the center field heading toward the wall. This Bull's God. It's a home run for Kik, a three run shot of the Dodgers wait at three to one. Key k Hernandez getting another start at first base tonight with the injury to Freddie Freeman. He came up big with a three run home run, and he also played some nice defense at first base tonight, helping the Dodgers route the Rockies thirteen to two at Corsfield. Daniel Julers is the official sponsor of the Trip around the Diamond. Stop buying any Daniel's location in say home run for your free team bracelet and fifty dollars gift card toward any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. It was a sellout crowd here at Coursfield, the eighth of the season, forty eight thousand, three hundred and ninety five. I would imagine even if they were wearing Rocky purple, which there was a lot of. They obviously are here to salute Charlie Blackman, whose last career game will be played tomorrow. There's going to be a pregame ceremony. But you would have to imagine these Denver fans where great sports fans wanted to see sho Hey Otani one final time in his chase for a historic season. He is just two stolen bases away from sixty. He passes Ichiro Suzuki for the most stolen bases by a Japanese born player. And I'm sure they wanted to be in attendance for and a Otani home run. He did not hit one tonight. He hit one last night. So a big crowd here for you are a one hundred lost team. We actually have Charles Barkley at the TNT studios ready to give us his opinion on the twenty twenty four Rockies. Charles bad man man. Wait what Charles, what'd you think about the Rockies?
Speaker 3: Bad man man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have to agree. I would have to agree. That's a clip from the old Jim Healy Show. If you're a LA sports talk radio fan, eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Santa Clarita Sarkis. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 4: Sarkis Hey, check it out. Here's what I gotta say about the Dodgers twenty twenty four season postseason. Mark my words, Dave. We're gonna win the World Series for one reason and one reason only. Show Hey Otani. A lot of people know how good this guy is. They don't know what he's made of. He's gonna show the entire world. He's gonna carry us all the way to the postseason, and we're gonna win it because of him. I don't care about the Padres, Mets, blah blah blah. Bring it on. We're gonna win it. Write it down if you have a pen, Dave, We're winning it. You got me, We're winning it.
Speaker 5: See you.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 2: Sarkis, Yeah, think about this. That's what I go back to. You know, the Dodgers have a pretty good team themselves, right and they have the best player, or one of the two best players in all of Major League Baseball. Some would argue he is the best, and right now he is with the way he's swinging the bat and just taking over games. Do you think the Padres, the Braves, or the Phillies want to see the Dodgers. That's the mentality you have to start having, and honestly, that's the mentality the Dodgers have to have. Nobody wants to see Otani and the Dodgers. Nobody wants to see Otani Mookie Bets in the Dodger order back to back, getting ready to do what they have done this month. That's the way you have to look at it. It's not so much oh, we don't want to see the Padres. Yeah, bring the Padres on. Let's see how they go head to head, your best against the Dodgers' best. The Dodgers have the best record in baseball with the hottest and best player in baseball, and show Heotani. And I have a feeling these Dodger players who really don't have a leader in that clubhouse, they are looking towards show he Otani to be their emotional leader and best player on the field. They're looking at Otani to be that guy because he already has shown that he can do it for Team Japan in the World Baseball Classic. He is getting or is very comfortable with his teammates behind the scenes, and we already have seen his emotion and his will to win to carry this team during that Padre series. So I agree with you. Sarkis Otani is the guy nobody wants to see, and I feel like he is going to try to put the Dodgers on his back. Let's go out to Torrence Mark. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 7: How you doing Mark, I'm doing great tonight. Thank you first, as an opening statement, I just wanted to thank you for.
Speaker 6: Being who you are.
Speaker 7: Do you talent like it is, You don't sugarcoat it, and no one would ever accuse you of being a Dodger excuse maker. And I respect you for that. And I don't agree with anything.
Speaker 2: I learned from listening to Vin Scully my whole life, Don Drysdale, Rick Monday, going back to chick Hern with the Lakers, they obviously have a greater vocabulary than I do, but they never would go too far on the blue side or the purple and gold side. We all knew and still know that they want the Dodgers to win, but you don't have to go that far. And every you can see it, the fans can see it. And that's what I was brought up with. And that's the standard in Los Angeles. Other cities want homers for their broadcasters. That that's not La La doesn't want that right.
Speaker 7: The other thing, too, is I don't disagree with anything that was said about Shohy or Tony, nothing at all in the last call. But I did want to give a shout out to CET three and the Key k Hernandez, who you know, just seem to keep producing and producing and producing. You know, CT three is always there catching the ball, He's making the difficult catches. You know, he's walking a lot, or he's getting singles. He's producing and producing, and it's I don't get I don't get enough time to go to games during the season because of my work schedule, but it seems every time I'm there, keyk RNs is hitting a home run. I don't know, I just love the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how about Chris Taylor. You know he's taken a lot of incoming and he had a horrible first half, but how about this. In twenty seven games since the All Star break, Chris Taylor is hitting two ninety seven and his OPS is at seven hundred. A very respectable second half. And I know the numbers are going to look ugly for the entire year, but he has found something the second half of the season, and I'm glad you brought up keyk Hernandez as well, Mark, because the Dodgers may need keyk Hernandez to play first base in the NLDS if Freddy Freeman's right ankle does not get better, and I feel comfortable with Keik at first base at this point, right right, all right, Well, thank you for the phone call, Mark, appreciate it, and thank you for the kind words. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. I know Freddy Freeman was in good spirits after they clinched the NL West, but the reality was he was in a walking boot and he severely sprained his ankle. It's going to be a long shot, in my opinion, for him to start next Saturday. He is doing everything in his power to try to make that happen. But let's say Freddy Freeman does play, what kind of Freddy Freeman are the Dodgers going to have in the field? Hitting wise? I don't believe he'll have any issues because as a left handed hitter, that's his front foot. He'll tape it. You know, he's not going to be moving laterally when he's hitting. But if he is playing defense, how is he going to move laterally on that right ankle. It just doesn't seem like he would have a lot of range of motion. And also how about him using his right foot as a right handed thrower to step on the bag at first base. Whenever he's there, it's taken on throws. It's going to be down to the wire. I believe game time decision about Freddie Freeman starting Game one a week from tonight at Dodgers Stadium, and if he's not starting, I already know the Dodgers have had thoughts about whether or not to stick with keyk Hernandez at first base or move Mounsey to first and have keyk play third. Right now, it feels like the Dodgers are sticking with Kik at first base, or you would have seen Max Munsey there in this series. So that's the reality of it. I know we all want to believe, and Freddy Freeman wants to believe and try to do everything in his power to be ready for next Saturday. But there is a very good chance the Dodgers are going to be without Freddy Freeman for at least the first two games of the NLDS eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers use two three run home runs tonight to power past the Rockies thirteen to two. Let's go out to Ken in Alhambra. You're on Dodger Talk Live from Corsfield. Hi, Ken, Hi? How you doing doing great? The Dodgers make my job really easy.
Speaker 8: I was looking up the numbers for Otani for tomorrow. If he goes four for four, he ties the batting average, and if he goes five for five then he would take the lead with three fifteen.
Speaker 6: H what's that?
Speaker 2: I would imagine if goes over for four, he doesn't need to do all.
Speaker 8: That right, right? But I don't think is he going to be playing tomorrow? Because I think that, you know, I mean, he.
Speaker 2: Is going to play tomorrow. He didn't play today. He's playing tomorrow, all right.
Speaker 8: So if he's playing tomorrow, then hey, if a tiny turns hot and he goes cold, then it's you know, the the two numbers is going to go the opposite direction. So I hope one of those HiT's going to be a home run to get to the fifty five to fifty five.
Speaker 2: All right, Ken, Thanks for the phone call. Eight six seven is the phone number. I was a little disappointed Luisa Rise didn't play today, but you have to look at it from the Padres perspective, winning or losing these next two games means absolutely nothing to them. They are the number four seed in the playoff seating. Uh. They are going to host the Wildcard game next or on Tuesday in San Diego, so they don't have anything to play for except getting out of these next two games healthy. And look, I applaud Luisa Rise for wanting to play tomorrow. We'll see how many at bats he gets. Let's go out to beach, Mark, Are you on the beach right now? Mark, you're on Dodger Talk?
Speaker 6: No? No, I'm driving on the twenty two free way.
Speaker 2: Oh I love the two.
Speaker 9: Yeah, a certain part of the day.
Speaker 6: So I was gonna tell you that.
Speaker 10: I thought that was banoint Benjamin on that Jim Healy, But then I remember he his quote sound bite was I don't give a crap about the friends. He didn't use the word crap either, But the more I thought about it, I said, no, he's right, that was Charles. But it sounded so much like THENO you know, of being a season take it over with a Clippers since nineteen eighty eight. I put up a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: But yeah, remember when Ron Harper said when he got when he was traded by the Clippers, he said he was freed out of jail. Remember those days at Upper Basketball?
Speaker 6: Out yep, out of Clipper jail. I'm out of Clipper jail.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What he got on the Dodgers today?
Speaker 6: Mark Okay?
Speaker 10: Hey, why well? Who cares why they didn't play him? But I don't think we'll be able to get that.
Speaker 6: I'd be nice.
Speaker 10: What do you think O'tany's real chances are of actually getting the betting time.
Speaker 2: He has a real chance, especially with the way he's been hitting. I mean, he's raised his batting average twenty points in the last two and a half weeks. So Luisa Rise is a really good hitter. That ballpark in Arizona is a really good hitters ballpark. I kind of tend to feel that Arise is going to get at least one hit tomorrow. So Otani needs four hits not only to give himself a chance to win the triple Crown, but also to get two hundred hits on the season. Either way, he's had a historic first Dodger season. I don't know about you, Mark, but this has exceeded all my expectations.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, what happens If they tie.
Speaker 2: That would count as the Triple Crown because he's tied for the batting title.
Speaker 6: Okay, so if they tied, he would still get it a lot, he'd share it.
Speaker 2: He would share the batting title, and he would be a Triple Crown winner leading in batting average, home runs, and RBIs in the National League. Thanks for the phone call, Mark, appreciate it. Be safe on the twenty two And like I mentioned earlier, the last National League player to win the Triple Crown was Joe Medwick of the nineteen thirty seven Cardinals. Let's go out to Highland. Jeff, you're on Dodger Talk Live from Coursefield.
Speaker 9: Hi, Jeff, Hey, thank you for taking a call. I appreciate that my Dodgers have taken the National League in the sense of the best record. I think it's just a way to play as we looked at the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: There you go, Jeff, that's the right attitude. That's an LA. That's an LA Dodger type of attitude. That's the attitude Tommy Lesorta would want. He wouldn't want this loser attitude of saying, oh, I hope we're the number two seeds so we don't see the Padres. That's a sorta type of attitude, Jeff, I coach volleyball.
Speaker 9: If PA girls wanted to lose, I would be really unhappy.
Speaker 2: It's never been mentioned once within the walls of the Dodger clubhouse, even insinuating or mentioning the thought of tanking to get the number two seed. That's only been fans that have talked about it, media that have talked about it. None of the players I've ever said I hope we don't see the Padres or I hope we're the number two seeds. So that's an outside thing that I'm hearing, not from the players themselves.
Speaker 9: They beat the Padres, and the only thing that Padres got was.
Speaker 6: A triple play to keep him from lout the name.
Speaker 2: My goodness, Yeah, you're right, good Tanner. Scott looks like he's a little a little tired from what we saw ninety three fastball from a guy that's been throwing ninety six ninety nine. So the Padres are not invincible, Jeff. They're a really good team, and I know, just talking to some players on the Dodgers. They believe this is the best Padres lineup they have seen over the course of the last five years. So it's not going to be easy. But what playoffs series is easy? Oh yeah, I remember the twenty seventeen n LDS when the Dodgers swept the Diamondbacks. That was pretty easy. But other than that, it's going to be a challenge. I personally believe the road to get to the World Series is more challenging in the National League than it is in the American League.
Speaker 9: Now, the Yankees are always something special.
Speaker 2: Are they? They haven't been to the World Series since two thousand and nine. Okay, thanks for the phone call, Jeff, made you think right there. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. We have two lines open. I see all of you on hold. We will get to you in a second, but I first want to celebrate one of my favorite all time Dodgers and he's now part of the sports Net LA broadcast, Oral Herscheizer. On this date in nineteen eighty eight, in San Diego, Oral Herscheiser broke Don Drysdale's scoreless inning streak. Oral Hersheiser on this night in San Diego in nineteen eighty eight, pitch not nine scoreless innings, not seven scoreless innings, but he pitched ten scoreless innings to break the record. And that night Don Drysdale was broadcasting in the Dodgers radio booth and after Oral Herscheizer came out of the game after that bottom of the tenth inning, after breaking Drysdale's record of fifty eight consecutive scoreless innings to have fifty nine. Vin Scully on the call on Dodgers Radio, and Don Drysdale went down to the Dodgers' dugout to congratulate the bulldog Oral Herscheizer, and not only congratulate him, but to do his job as a broadcaster to interview Herscheizer moments after he broke his own record.
Speaker 5: Hey, Don, yes, sir, Vinny ask Orl.
Speaker 9: He can hear you.
Speaker 5: He's got the ear peek. I was wondering number one, because Orl talks to himself a great deal, and he mentioned in passing.
Speaker 6: I didn't ask for it.
Speaker 5: You mean that when you had one out away from the record, you didn't say, Dear God, help me get this out.
Speaker 8: No, not at all.
Speaker 11: I was just out there asking to do my best and trying to stay healthy, and I really and truly did not want to break the record, but there were a few people here on the bench that convinced me to do it. I wanted to get two outs and walk off the mountain and let two Dodgers be on top. Unfortunately we're both still on top. But how to respect to the man here that gets next to me, and how to respect to the baseball records? I felt like I should have stopped the two thirds, but there were people here that said, you've got to just keep going on and do the best you can.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll tell you one, Vinnie that shows you a little bit of the makeup of this man and I myself. If I'd have known that, I'd have been down there kicking you right in the seat of the pants and telling you to get going and try and get about three or four more.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm not going to get credit for a shout out here. Let's we get a hit or a home run here. So you're going to have more shoutouts in a row, but I'm going to have the innings.
Speaker 2: There was oral Herscheiser in nineteen eighty eight, being interviewed by Don Drysdale, the man whose record he broke, and the great legendary Vin Scully. That is very special, and I want to thank the fan that posted that on YouTube. That's how I was able to capture that interview from that broadcast in nineteen eighty eight and San Diego, because I don't have a copy of that, So I was very thankful of that Dodger fan for having it up on YouTube. And if you want to hear the extended conversation, it's up there on YouTube. Just type in Oral Hersheizer, Don Drysdale and it comes up. Really special stuff right there. And I don't believe that record will be broken, considering the way starting pitchers are handled, the way injuries are piling up for starting pitchers these days. Don Drysdale's record nobody thought would be broken orl Hersheizer broke it twenty years later. Drysdale set the record in nineteen sixty eight with fifty eight consecutive scoreless sinnings. Oral Hersheiser broke it in that magical nineteen eighty eight season, and we just want to say congratulations and happy anniversary, Oral Herscheizer, you are one of the most special pitchers ever in Dodger history, and many people believe you belong in the Hall of Fame, and I'm right there with them. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Rich and aalta, Dina, Rich, what'd you think about that flashback?
Speaker 3: Well, that takes me back, David, And yeah, Don DROs he went to my high school, by the way, and Fan eyes right, yeah, Fan eyes right, And yeah, I grew up in the valley, not not too far from Knoga Park, and I.
Speaker 6: Went to here.
Speaker 3: I went to Ucilly but also to cal State Northward. So we're we're fellow college guys here, Yes we are.
Speaker 2: We're fellow matadors and great one eight members. A great area to live in and grow up in. And honestly, that's one of my I wouldn't say regrets, but I wish I would have been able to meet Don Drysdale.
Speaker 6: I heard you.
Speaker 2: It was not only a great pitcher, but such a great man, a man's man, and we lost him way too soon in nineteen ninety three. But yeah, I mean, can you imagine somebody as great as Don Drysdale understanding that he was no longer a player? But he was a broadcaster to go down there and congratulate Oral Herscheizer and the pride in his voice that it was a Dodger that broke his record.
Speaker 3: Yeah, true blue Dodger all the way. That's the only way to be And I'm excited. I wanted to comment on It's beautiful the way the Big Show has lifted the entire consciousness of Los Angeles. I mean, lifting up the whole city with people following him. It's a beautiful thing to watch because we need that in these days and times. For him to get this Hawk at this time is magical. And then the bottom of the lineup's looking pretty good, and we have Walker bulet are starting to come around, I think, and Yamamoto too, so just in time. And I look at this from a spiritual perspective, because we live in a natural and spiritual world. At the same time, the Big Show has lifted up the consciousness of not only the city, but his fellow Dodger players and where they do want to face, Oh yes, and I want I want desperately to face San Diego. It's there's nothing sweeter than to beat a nemesis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, arrival at this point a thorn in their side, that's for sure. Rich appreciate the phone call, and we'll talk to you in October. As Otani and the Dodgers are looking to make a big run here, and it kind of feels like what you said.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: They are starting to get back on track at the right time. They obviously are not as healthy as they would love to be going into Game one of the NLDS, not only not having Tyler Glass now, but obviously the injury to Freddie Freeman is concerning. He's such a big part of this Dodger lineup. Nobody can replace Freddy Freeman and what he means to the Dodgers and what he means to the lineup. But they may be faced with that reality that they may be without Kershaw, without Freddy Freeman, and without Tyler Glass. Now a long shot that Kershaw would make the NLDS roster, but certainly a lot of hope that he may be ready to go for the NLCS. But without Freddy Freeman, it's going to be a collaborative effort on the field, a team effort, and Keith k a Hernandez certainly is up to the task, no doubt about it. Chris Taylor Key Hernandez. Those guys are the og Dodgers of this generation and certainly have come up big with playoff runs. So I'm a big believer that Otani is going to be supported by those guys and Mookie Betts is primed for redemption this October. I feel like you all have to start having a more positive and optimistic attitude like the Dodgers have always had. We're not the Cubs. The Dodgers are not the Padres. They are the Dodgers. You have to remember that you're the Dodgers, and those players need to start believing that. And it feels like they are and I feel like Otani is making them believe he can take them to the Promised Land. That'll do it for us. On Dodger Talk. This is my last post game regular season Dodger Talk. So it's been a great regular season. Thank you to all of you that have listened and called in. Thank you to the Dodgers PR staff of Juandrado, Joe Jeric, Ali Salvage and the rest of the crew. Appreciate all their help. Thanks to Lonrosen, Stan Casten, and Don Martin for all their help and giving me the opportunity to be back here for another season. Always thanks to our guys, Colin Yee and Dwayne McDonald. Without those two guys, we're not as good as we are, So thank you to those guys especially. They are awesome and the best at what they do. And it's gonna be a long run in October, so this is not goodbye. And next week we are going to have a couple of off day Dodger talks Wednesday night seven to eight and on Friday I'll be co hosting with Matt money Smith from Dodgers Stadium and we'll have a Dodger Talk show that night as well. So you'll be hearing from me all week long after the Dodgers finish up the regular season tomorrow, and it should be a fun of fun October. I truly believe that tomorrow the Dodgers are going to open with Anthony Bunda and Landon Neck will follow. Ryan Feltner will be on the mound for the Rockies. He's three and ten with an ERA of four to sixty six. Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck begins at eleven am with first pitch at twelve ten with Rick Monday and Tim Neverett. Love those guys. I think they've done a great job. Rick Monday, Tim Neverritt, and Steven Nelson filling for a man that we have not forgotten about, Charlie Steiner. So I know Charlie's been listening and keeping tabs on the Dodgers, and we look forward to seeing Charlie out at the ballpark during the postseason once again. The final score tonight from Corsefield, the Dodgers defeat the Rockies thirteen to two. We'll talk to you tomorrow. I have a great rest of your Saturday. See them just